时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Well I suppose you looked | 那么 我想你已经看了 |
[00:09] | – in the classifieds under “Housekeepers”? – Check. | – “家政”杂志的分类广告 – 没错 |
[00:11] | – And you asked people in your building… – Check. | – 你也问了你们楼里的人 – 没错 |
[00:14] | – And you called the employment agencies? – Again, check. | – 你还给职业介绍所打了电话 – 再说一遍 没错 |
[00:16] | I heard you the first time. | 你说第一遍我就听到了 |
[00:21] | Who thought it’d be so hard | 谁会想到找个人 |
[00:22] | to get to find someone to clean your house? | 帮你打扫卫生会这么难呢 |
[00:24] | Well, over the years Daphne’s managed to | 这么多年来Daphne已经 |
[00:26] | scour her way into our hearts, so to speak. | 通过打扫深入了我们的心 可以这么说 |
[00:29] | And I just don’t want to | 而且我不想 |
[00:30] | hire someone who’s only in it for the money. | 雇一个只为了钱来干活的人 |
[00:32] | So you want to find someone who’s in it for the joy of cleaning? | 所以你想找个为了找乐子才打扫的人 |
[00:37] | Ah, may I? | 啊 我能坐吗 |
[00:38] | – Of course, Gil. – Take a load off. | – 当然可以 Gil – 坐下歇歇吧 |
[00:40] | Nice outfit, Roz. | 衣服真漂亮 Roz |
[00:41] | Somehow you and a peasant blouse just go together. | 不知为何你和这件土气的衬衫特别般配 |
[00:45] | Thanks. Haven’t worn it for years. | 谢谢 好几年没穿这件了 |
[00:49] | I mean, how long can something stay in the closet? | 我是说 在柜里都待了多久了 |
[00:56] | Say, uh, Gil, | 话说 呃 Gil |
[00:58] | – are you pleased with your housekeeper? – Oh, you mean Chung? | – 你对你家管家还满意吗 – 哦 你说Chung吗 |
[01:01] | Oh yes, he’s marvelous. He’s efficient, he’s dependable… | 当然了 他棒极了 他办事有效率 人又可靠 |
[01:04] | and he still hasn’t figured out American money. | 而且他现在还不懂美国货币 |
[01:07] | Between you and me, I told him | 别说出去 我告诉他 |
[01:08] | when they made Lincoln’s picture bigger, | 林肯的照片越大 |
[01:09] | it was worth more. | 就越值钱 |
[01:13] | Very funny. Do you suppose that your Man Friday | 真有趣 你觉得你的得力助手 |
[01:15] | might be available on a Monday or a Tuesday? | 周一和周二可能有空吗 |
[01:18] | You want to steal my Chung! | 你想抢走我的Chung |
[01:19] | No, no. Not steal him, just, | 没 不是抢走他 只是 |
[01:22] | just borrow him for a day or two a week, | 只是每周借用一两天 |
[01:23] | – …until I can re-staff. – Oh, a dangerous notion, Frasier. | – 等我找到新的就好 – 这个想法很危险啊 Frasier |
[01:27] | You know how employees gossip about their benefactors. | 你知道他们多喜欢说雇主的闲话 |
[01:29] | Well, I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么可遮掩的 |
[01:31] | Yes, but suppose while on your premises he lets something slip | 没错 但是万一他在你家乱讲 |
[01:33] | about me and Deb, and our heart-shaped bed? | 我和Deb 还有我们的心形床的事怎么办 |
[01:38] | I would refuse to believe him! | 我不会相信他的 |
[01:41] | – Did I mention he’s a drug mule? – Oh, he is not! | – 我提过他还是个运毒的没有 – 哦 他才不是 |
[01:45] | You’re just saying that because you don’t want to help me out! | 你就是不想帮我所以编出来的 |
[01:46] | Oh, such insight. | 哦 真是独具慧眼 |
[01:47] | It’s a pity more people don’t listen to your show. | 真可惜没多少人听你的节目 |
[01:55] | Thank you for coming, Mrs. Wilkins. | 谢谢你能来 Wilkins太太 |
[01:56] | Of course, we have several other candidates to interview, | 当然了 我们还有其他几个候选人要面试 |
[01:59] | but I’m sure to let you know by the 12th. | 但我肯定会在12号之前通知您的 |
[02:04] | …of Never! | 永别了您哪 |
[02:09] | Honestly, I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll ever find anyone | 说实话 我开始怀疑我们永远找不到 |
[02:11] | that meets our standards. | 能达到我们标准的人了 |
[02:12] | You’re being too picky. | 你太挑剔了 |
[02:13] | It’s just housekeeping, not rocket science. | 这就是招个管家 又不是火箭科学家 |
[02:16] | I beg to differ. You don’t even know | 我可不同意 你可一点也不知道 |
[02:18] | half of what I used to do around here. | 我当初在这都干些什么事 |
[02:20] | Like dusting the plant leaves or rotating your underwear. | 什么给植物叶子扫灰 轮换你的内裤什么的 |
[02:25] | Excuse me? | 你说啥 |
[02:26] | Every month I used to throw out your oldest pair and put in two new pairs. | 当时每个月我都把你最旧的一条扔掉换上两条新的 |
[02:30] | Did it ever occur to you that you didn’t have to buy underwear in ten years?! | 你就没发现你十年都不用买新内裤吗 |
[02:38] | Thought I got hold of a good batch. | 我以为我这批质量好 |
[02:43] | Now let’s see, who is our front runner thus far? | 那么我们来看看 目前为止谁得分最高 |
[02:45] | Oh, I don’t know, they’re all the same to me. | 哦 我也不知道 他们看起来都一样 |
[02:48] | Honestly, Dad, I am starting to | 说实话 爸 我开始感觉 |
[02:50] | get the slightest bit chaffed with your attitude. | 你的态度稍微有点不认真啊 |
[02:53] | You haven’t even graded any of the candidates, | 你都没给任何候选人打分 |
[02:54] | you’ve simply doodled a war plane dropping bombs on a soldier. | 你就只画了一架战斗机往一个士兵头上扔炸弹 |
[02:59] | – That’s not a soldier. – Well, then why is he wearing a helmet? | – 那不是士兵 – 那他为什么戴着头盔 |
[03:02] | It’s not a helmet. It’s someone with a big head! | 那不是头盔 那是某人的大脑袋 |
[03:10] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[03:11] | Hi, I’m Trish Haney, I’m here about the housekeeper job? | 您好 我是Trish Haney 我是来应聘管家的 |
[03:14] | I’m really sorry I’m late. | 真抱歉我迟到了 |
[03:15] | I had you down for over an hour ago. | 我这里写着你一个小时之前就该到了 |
[03:18] | I know. I got stuck in line waiting | 我知道 我一直在排队 |
[03:19] | to buy tickets to the Sonics game this weekend. | 买这周末超音速队球赛的票 |
[03:21] | Really? Come on in! | 真的 快请进 |
[03:24] | I should have guessed everyone and his brother would want… | 我早该料到每个人和他们的兄弟都想 |
[03:26] | …to see Vince Carter play. | 看Vince Carter打球 |
[03:27] | Not everybody. Or his brother. | 不是每个人或者他们的兄弟都想 |
[03:31] | Wow, this is a beautiful place. | 哇 你家真漂亮 |
[03:34] | – Here’s my resume. – Thank you. Won’t you be seated. | – 这是我的简历 – 谢谢 请坐 |
[03:36] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[03:38] | this is my father Martin Crane and my sister-in-law Daphne Crane. | 这是我父亲Martin 这是我弟妹Daphne |
[03:41] | Now, I’ll get right to the interview. First question: | 那么 我就直接开始面试了 第一个问题 |
[03:45] | What is the best way to combat rings on a wooden table? | 去除木桌上的水渍环用什么方法最好 |
[03:50] | Um, I heard you can rub mayonnaise on it. | 呃 我听说可以抹蛋黄酱 |
[03:55] | The best way is to provide coasters. | 最好的方法是用杯垫 |
[04:00] | An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. | 亡羊补牢不如未雨绸缪 |
[04:03] | Started me out with a trick question. Right. | 先用脑筋急转弯开头啊 好吧 |
[04:05] | So, how do you think the Sonics will defend Carter? | 那么 你觉得超音速队应该怎么防Carter |
[04:07] | Um, you have to have someone body up on him | 呃 得派个人贴身防他 |
[04:09] | and then double team when he gets the ball…. | 在他控球的时候双人包夹 |
[04:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:16] | Trish, if the washing machine has a twenty-five minute cycle, | Trish 如果洗衣机每25分钟一循环 |
[04:20] | and the dryer has a forty minute cycle, | 烘干机每40分钟一循环 |
[04:22] | what time does the second load | 那么如果第二批衣服要在 |
[04:24] | have to go in the washer to be dried by five o’clock? | 五点之前烘干 什么时候必须放到洗衣机里 |
[04:27] | Uh, well, that’s sixty-five minutes, so 3:55. | 呃 总共是六十五分钟 所以是3点55 |
[04:31] | You may want to take some time | 这种问题你可能要 |
[04:32] | to think about these questions before… | 考虑考虑再 |
[04:33] | – Daphne, she’s right. – Well done. | – Daphne 她说对了 – 不错 |
[04:42] | Hey, I got a question: Can you clean a house? | 嘿 我有个问题 你会打扫房子吗 |
[04:44] | Yes, and if I do say so myself, I’m pretty good. | 会的 而且允许我自吹一下 我打扫得相当好 |
[04:47] | Next question: Can you start Monday? | 下一个问题 你能周一来上班吗 |
[04:51] | Well, we’re getting just a bit ahead of ourselves. | 好吧 我们有点太超前了 |
[04:53] | We still have several people to meet. | 我们还有几个人要面试呢 |
[04:56] | Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你的参加 |
[04:57] | Oh, sure. That was the interview, huh? Two questions. | 好吧 面试就这些 就两个问题 |
[04:59] | Well, it was really more of a pre-screening. | 其实这更类似于预选 |
[05:01] | We’ll be sure to let you know. | 我们肯定会通知你的 |
[05:02] | Okay thanks. Oh, just to let you know, I’ll be out of town until the first. | 好的谢谢 哦 顺便说 我到一号之前都出远门 |
[05:05] | Fine, then I’ll be sure to call you the second… | 好吧 那我就二号通知你 |
[05:10] | …I lose my mind! | 等我疯了再说吧 |
[05:14] | What? What was wrong with her? | 怎么了 她哪里不好 |
[05:16] | In the first place, she showed up late. | 首先 她迟到了 |
[05:18] | She doesn’t take the interview seriously, | 她都不把面试当回事 |
[05:19] | how can we expect her to take the job seriously? | 怎么可能把工作当回事 |
[05:21] | Oh, you just don’t like her because she’s not all stuffy. | 哦 你就因为她没有那么死板才不喜欢她 |
[05:24] | – She did seem a bit cheeky. – Which YOU never were. | – 她确实有点无礼 – 好像你从来不似的 |
[05:29] | Well, I’m afraid so far our best candidate is the young man… | 好吧 恐怕目前为止最佳候选人是这位 |
[05:34] | from Jeepers Sweepers. | “吉普清扫者”介绍来的小伙子了 |
[05:38] | I will move out if you hire that prancing moron. | 你要是雇那个活蹦乱跳的白痴我就搬出去 |
[05:43] | All right, fine. Who would you hire? This Trish, I suppose. | 好吧 好吧 那你想雇谁 我猜就是这个Trish吧 |
[05:46] | Well, I was right about Daphne. Doesn’t that count for anything? | 我当初选Daphne不就选对了 这都不算数吗 |
[05:49] | You didn’t even want to hire her, you thought she might steal. | 你当初都不想雇她 因为你怕她偷东西 |
[05:56] | – Did you really say that?! – Of course not! I don’t remember. | – 你真这么说过 – 当然没有 我记不住了 |
[06:02] | Well whoever gets hired is | 不管雇谁 |
[06:03] | someone I’m gonna have to spend a lot of time with, | 我都要和这个人一起待很长时间 |
[06:05] | and I don’t need a lot of quiz questions | 我可不需要一堆测试题 |
[06:07] | and score sheets to get a feel for someone’s character. | 和分数表来感受一个人的性格 |
[06:10] | Did I look like a thief? Was it me shifty eyes? | 我看着像小偷吗 是因为我贼眉鼠眼吗 |
[06:14] | Look, if you don’t trust my judgment, | 你瞧 要是你不信任我的判断 |
[06:15] | Frasier, just have the guts to say so. | Frasier 那就有种说出来 |
[06:16] | You know, all right, fine. You can hire whoever you want to. | 好吧 好吧 你想雇谁就雇谁吧 |
[06:19] | You want this Trish, fine, call her. | 你想要这个Trish也行 给她打电话吧 |
[06:21] | Right. I’ll call her right now and tell her she’s hired. | 好的 我这就给她打电话告诉她被录用了 |
[06:24] | And I’ll tell her where you keep your valuables. | 我这就告诉她你的贵重物品都放哪了 |
[06:28] | Oh, would you give it a rest?! | 能不能别揪着不放 |
[06:32] | – Hey, Niles, have a seat. – Oh, thank you. | – 嘿 Niles 请坐 – 哦 谢谢 |
[06:35] | I’ll have my usual. Oh no… | 我就喝平时的 哦 不了 |
[06:39] | …bottled water, room temperature. | 来一瓶水 要室温的 |
[06:42] | Gee, slow down, little man, what are we celebrating? | 天哪 等一下 小伙 我们要庆祝什么吗 |
[06:47] | I can’t drink anything that’s too hot, I have a toothache. | 我不能喝太热的 我牙疼 |
[06:49] | – Oh. You been to the dentist? – Yes. But he said the tooth… | – 哦 你去看牙医了吗 – 看了 但他说这颗牙 |
[06:52] | …is perfectly healthy, but I still have this throbbing pain. | 完全没问题 但是我就是感觉抽痛 |
[06:55] | I think I may have to go to the doctor. | 我可能得去医生那检查一下了 |
[06:57] | Oh, it’s probably just a sinus infection. | 哦 可能只是鼻窦感染了 |
[06:59] | Have you had a cold lately? | 你最近感冒过吗 |
[07:00] | Couple of weeks ago, yes, but I’m over it. | 几周以前感冒了 但现在好了 |
[07:02] | That’s probably what it is, a sinus infection. | 那可能就是鼻窦感染 |
[07:04] | Happens to me all the time. | 我总是犯这毛病 |
[07:06] | In all likelihood, I’m sure you’re right. Thank you. | 尽管有很多可能性 但我相信你说得对 谢谢 |
[07:08] | Of course I’m right. What else could it be? | 我当然说得对 还能是什么别的 |
[07:11] | Actually a toothache can be referred pain from something else. | 事实上牙疼可能是其他病症的牵涉痛 |
[07:15] | – “Referred pain”? – That’s right. | – 牵涉痛 – 没错 |
[07:17] | For example, if I had a heart condition, | 比如说 如果我有心脏病 |
[07:18] | I might not have pain in my chest, | 我可能不会胸口疼 |
[07:20] | I might have pain in my tooth. You see, referred pain. | 我可能会牙疼 你看 这就是牵涉痛 |
[07:25] | So while you’re probably right about the sinus infection, | 所以尽管你说的鼻窦感染很有可能 |
[07:28] | let’s not discount | 我们还是不要忽视 |
[07:28] | the 1 in 10,000 chancethat it might be smething more serious. | 万分之一的重病几率 |
[07:33] | Oh, now I get it. So the pain in my butt | 哦 现在我懂了 所以说我现在蛋疼 |
[07:35] | might actually be coming from across the table. | 也可能是因为桌子对面的什么东西了 |
[07:41] | Something like that, yes. | 差不多是这个意思 |
[07:44] | Oh look! I’m the winner of a fanny pack. | 哦 看哪 我中了一个腰包 |
[07:50] | Congratulations. You have no idea what it is, do you? | 恭喜了 你都不知道那是什么玩意吧 |
[07:53] | Not really, no. | 确实不知道 |
[07:56] | Hey look, it says here the odds of winning it are 1 in 10,000. | 看哪 这里写着中奖率是万分之一呢 |
[08:01] | Ooh, spooky. | 噢 好吓人 |
[08:05] | Same odds as that toothache being a heart attack. | 和你牙疼的原因是心脏病概率一样呢 |
[08:08] | – Maybe it’s a sign. – It’s a good sign. | – 说不定是个预兆 – 那也是个好预兆 |
[08:11] | By beating those odds once, | 我已经中了一次奖 |
[08:12] | it makes it that much more unprobable that they can happen to me again. | 再中一次的可能性就没那么大了 |
[08:16] | Niles Niles! | |
[08:20] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好啊 Daphne |
[08:26] | Okay, that’s weird. | 好吧 这就有点诡异了 |
[08:32] | – So, that’s the grand tour. – Hard to know where to start. | – 那么 参观就到这了 – 真不知道从哪开始呢 |
[08:37] | I don’t have much time before I have to go. | 我走之前时间不多了 |
[08:39] | What? You leavin’ already? | 什么 你现在就要走 |
[08:41] | Yeah, I have this lunch thing. I hope you don’t mind. | 是啊 我和人约了吃午饭 希望你不介意 |
[08:44] | Well, the problem is, it’s this friend | 问题是 我因为太忙 |
[08:45] | that I’ve been putting off because I’ve been too busy, | 一直在推辞这个朋友 |
[08:47] | but now I finally don’t have any excuse. | 但是现在我没有借口了 |
[08:49] | We’re gonna try that new rib place down in Bell Town. | 我们要去尝尝贝尔顿那家排骨店 |
[08:51] | Oh, I hear that’s great. | 哦 我听说那里很不错 |
[08:53] | Yeah, I can bring you back a great big bag of them. | 是啊 我可以给你带回来一大包 |
[08:56] | But enough chit chat, I’ve got dishes to do. | 但是聊得差不多了 我还有盘子要洗呢 |
[08:58] | – Yeah. Hold on, can I offer a suggestion? – You’re the boss. | – 是啊 等等 我能给个建议吗 – 你说了算 |
[09:01] | What Daphne did was put a load of laundry in first | Daphne当初都先把衣服放进洗衣机里 |
[09:04] | and that way you can do two things at once. | 这样就可以同时做两件事了 |
[09:05] | Okay. Although I prefer to do laundry at the end of the day, | 好吧 但我更喜欢最后再洗衣服 |
[09:09] | and that way I can read when the clothes are in the dryer. | 这样在衣服烘干的时候我就可以看看书了 |
[09:12] | I mean it’s about the only “Me time” I have on this job. | 我这份工作也就这时候能有点”自己的时间”了 |
[09:17] | Hey, Dad, ready for breakfast? | 嘿 爸 准备好吃早饭了吗 |
[09:19] | Well, thanks for the invite, but I can’t go. | 谢谢你们邀请我 但我去不了 |
[09:22] | Well, we didn’t invite you. You called us | 不是我们邀请你 是你给我们打电话 |
[09:24] | and badgered us until we rearranged our schedule. | 一直缠着我们逼着我们改计划的 |
[09:26] | Well, that was before Trish came. | 那是Trish来之前了 |
[09:28] | I really think I should hang around and show her the ropes. | 我觉得我应该待在家里帮她指点一下 |
[09:30] | Maybe you should show her where the room freshener is. | 你可能应该给她看看空气清新剂在哪 |
[09:32] | It smells like stale cigars in here. | 屋里全是不新鲜的烟味 |
[09:34] | Yah, I had some of the guys in last night for poker. | 是啊 我昨晚找了几个朋友打牌 |
[09:36] | Oh, hey! Niles, check this out. | 哦 嘿 Niles 看看这个 |
[09:40] | – I’ve got a great new card trick. – Oh, goody. | – 我学了一个新的纸牌戏法 – 哦 真棒 |
[09:45] | Yeah, it’s called “The Amazing Niles.” | 是的 这叫”神奇Niles” |
[09:47] | Or “The Amazing…” Whoever you’re doing the trick with. | 或者”神奇”你跟谁玩就叫谁 |
[09:50] | Like, if I was doing it with Daphne, | 比如 如果我和Daphne玩 |
[09:52] | it’d be “The Amazing Daphne.” | 就应该叫”神奇Daphne” |
[09:54] | Or if I was doing it with Frasier, it’d be | 或者如果跟Frasier玩 就叫 |
[09:56] | “The Amazing Frasier”, yeah, I get it, Dad. | “神奇Frasier” 是 我懂了 爸 |
[09:57] | Yeah. That’s just my patter. Okay, Amazing Niles, | 好吧 我就是啰嗦几句 好了 神奇Niles |
[10:02] | …I want you to draw the ace of spades out of this deck. | 我想让你从这副牌里抽出黑桃A |
[10:06] | Ah, something tells me that it’s going to be this one right here. | 啊 我猜就是这一张 |
[10:11] | Ladies and gentlemen, he drew the ace of spades! | 女士们先生们 他抽出了黑桃A |
[10:15] | – Amazing, Amazing Niles. – Isn’t that a great trick? | – 太神奇了 神奇Niles – 真是个好戏法 是吧 |
[10:18] | Hey, wait a minute. How come this deck only has aces of spades? | 嘿 等一下 这副牌怎么全是黑桃A |
[10:23] | What? No, THIS is the trick… | 什么 不对 这副才是 |
[10:29] | Wait a minute, | 等一下 |
[10:31] | – …this isn’t the trick deck. Holy cow! – What? | – 这不是那副魔术牌 亲娘咧 – 什么 |
[10:36] | You just drew the card I asked you for. What are the odds? | 你正好抽中了我让你抽的那张牌 这概率有多小 |
[10:39] | I wonder if you can do it again. | 你能不能再试一次 |
[10:42] | No, no. Only one performance a day. | 不试了 不试了 一天只演一场 |
[10:50] | – Is something wrong? – What? No. | – 怎么了 – 什么 没事 |
[10:55] | You know, since we’re not going to have breakfast, maybe we should go. | 话说 既然我们不吃早饭了 我们就走吧 |
[10:59] | All right. That way we can pick up your car from the shop. | 好吧 那我们就可以把你的车从修车厂取出来了 |
[11:01] | What happened to your car? | 你的车怎么了 |
[11:05] | Got struck by lightning. | 被闪电劈了 |
[11:10] | Okay, washer’s running as we speak. Anything else before I go? | 好了 现在洗碗机正在运转 我走之前还有事吗 |
[11:13] | You’re going to lunch now? It’s only ten. | 你现在就去吃午饭 这才十点 |
[11:15] | Already? Ugh, I guess the dishes will have to wait. | 都十点了 啊 吃饭只能等一会了 |
[11:18] | I’ve got a couple of errands to run | 我还有几件事要做 |
[11:20] | and then I have a hair appointment. | 然后还约了做头发 |
[11:21] | Trish, I’m a little surprised that you’re | Trish 你就这么走了 |
[11:23] | – takin’ off like this. – Yeah. I’m a little surprised too. | – 我有点惊讶 – 是啊 我也有点惊讶 |
[11:26] | I thought my first day would be more like orientation, | 我以为第一天就是指点一下 |
[11:28] | you know? Show me around, explain my duties, | 带我转转 讲解一下我该做什么 |
[11:30] | – and then I start work the next day. – Why would you think that? | – 第二天再开始工作 – 你怎么会这么想 |
[11:34] | It’s been that way every other place I’ve worked. | 我的其他工作都是这样的 |
[11:35] | And I’ve had a lot of jobs. | 我可换过好多工作 |
[11:39] | Well, listen Trish, I kinda went out on a limb for you and | 听我说 Trish 我可是为你打了包票的 |
[11:42] | I’ll never hear the end of it from my son | 要是你辜负我 |
[11:43] | if you let me down. | 我儿子后半辈子都会拿这事笑话我的 |
[11:44] | Don’t worry, you are not gonna regret hiring me. | 别担心 你不会后悔雇用我的 |
[11:47] | Tomorrow morning, I’ll be like the White Tornado. | 明天早上 我会像白色旋风一样 |
[11:49] | Remember those commercials, the White Tornado? | 记得那些广告吧 白色旋风 |
[11:51] | That’ll be me, ten o’clock. | 那就是我 十点钟 |
[11:52] | You’re not comin’ back after lunch? | 你吃完午饭不回来了 |
[11:54] | Oh, trust me, you don’t want me cleaning this place drunk. | 相信我 你肯定不想让我喝醉了打扫房间的 |
[11:59] | And that reminds me, I don’t work Mondays. | 而且我又想起来了 我周一不工作 |
[12:01] | Gosh, you know, I better get going. | 天哪 我最好赶紧走了 |
[12:03] | If I’m late to this lunch, how’s that gonna look? | 我要是午饭迟到了 像什么话 |
[12:04] | Well, what about the laundry? | 那洗衣服怎么办 |
[12:05] | Oh, ten o’clock tomorrow. Along with those ribs. | 明早十点 和排骨一起 |
[12:11] | Well, I hear the washer going. I assume that means our… | 我听到洗碗机开始工作了 我猜那意味着 |
[12:14] | …new employee is hard at it. | 我们的新管家正在努力工作呢 |
[12:16] | Oh, yeah, she’s like the White Tornado. | 哦 真的 她就像白色旋风一样 |
[12:21] | Dad, you know your basketball references go right over my head. | 爸 你知道你这些篮球比喻我都听不懂 |
[12:25] | You know, she’s certainly got her work cut out for her, | 话说 她今天的工作量还真不小 |
[12:28] | cleaning up this mess you and your buddies made last night. | 打扫你和你朋友们昨晚的烂摊子 |
[12:30] | Well, you don’t have to worry about it, she’s all about the work. | 这你就不用担心了 她可是一心工作呢 |
[12:34] | Listen, Dad, | 听我说 爸 |
[12:36] | – I think I owe you an apology. – For what? | – 我觉得我该向你道歉 – 为什么 |
[12:38] | Well, for thinking I was a better judge of people than you are. | 我不该觉得我识人的本领比你强 |
[12:41] | I just want you to know that I do trust your judgment. | 我想告诉你我相信你的判断 |
[12:45] | Maybe I don’t say that often enough. | 我可能平时不经常这么说 |
[12:47] | Anyway, I hope you can forgive me. | 不管怎么说 我希望你能原谅我 |
[12:49] | There’s nothing to forgive, son. | 没什么好原谅的 儿子 |
[12:51] | Thanks, Dad. I’ll see you later. | 谢了 爸 再见了 |
[12:58] | Not now, boy. We’ve got an apartment to clean. | 现在不行 小伙子 咱们还得收拾房间呢 |
[13:08] | – Hi, Niles. How’s it goin’? – I’m as good as dead! | – 嗨 Niles 你好吗 – 我离死不远了 |
[13:13] | I’ve been doing research into my family health history: | 我研究了一下我家族的健康史 |
[13:15] | my great-uncle Timothy keeled over | 我叔公Timothy |
[13:17] | from a heart attack at my age. | 就是在我这个年纪得心脏病死的 |
[13:21] | Bottled water. Please. | 给我一瓶水 拜托了 |
[13:25] | Are you talking about that tooth again? | 你说的还是那颗牙的事吗 |
[13:27] | It’s still throbbing, thank you! | 还在抽痛呢 谢谢你关心 |
[13:29] | Which means my heart is probably on its last legs. | 也就是说我的心脏很可能已经苟延残喘了 |
[13:32] | Come on, Niles, you said it was a one in a million chance. | 拜托 Niles 你不是说只有百万分之一的几率吗 |
[13:35] | 1 in 10,000! And I’ve been beating those odds all week. | 万分之一 而且我这周一直在遇到小概率的事 |
[13:39] | I don’t believe in omens, | 我不相信预兆的说法 |
[13:40] | but these are getting harder and harder to ignore | 但是这些事已经越来越闹心了 |
[13:42] | So are you. | 你自己也是 |
[13:45] | I flipped a coin 17 times last night | 我昨晚抛了17次硬币 |
[13:47] | and every time it came up tails! | 每次都是背面朝上 |
[13:49] | I only stopped because I was getting a blister. Thank you. | 我手都快磨起泡了才停的 谢谢 |
[13:52] | How does Daphne put up with all this? | Daphne怎么忍得了你 |
[13:54] | I haven’t told her about it. | 我还没告诉她 |
[13:55] | Because, unlike you, she’d worry about me. | 因为 跟你不一样 她会担心我 |
[13:58] | Get your heart checked. And stop obsessing about it. | 那就去检查一下心脏 别再为这事抓狂了 |
[14:00] | I’m going to. In all probability, | 我会去的 在所有可能性里 |
[14:03] | there’s a perfectly reasonable expla… | 总会有一个完美的解释 |
[14:06] | – What? – I won another fanny pack! | – 怎么了 – 我又中了个腰包 |
[14:14] | No, I’m not mad at you, Trish, I’m just a little disappointed. | 不 我没生你的气 Trish 我只是有点失望 |
[14:19] | Well, yesterday was your neighbor’s funeral | 昨天是你邻居的葬礼 |
[14:20] | and today you got the flu. | 今天你又得了流感 |
[14:24] | No, I kinda believe you, but you know | 不 我基本上相信你 但是你也知道 |
[14:27] | this apartment doesn’t clean itself, so… huh? | 房间又不会自己变干净 所以 啥 |
[14:31] | Okay. Tomorrow, nine sharp. | 好吧 明天 九点整 |
[14:34] | Ten? | 十点 |
[14:35] | Okay. I’ll see you when you get here. | 好吧 你什么时候来什么时候算吧 |
[14:46] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 哦 天哪 |
[14:48] | Hey, careful there mister. | 嘿 小心点 先生 |
[14:50] | You’re gonna get water all over the clean floor. | 你把干净地板弄得到处都是水 |
[14:52] | Well, maybe you can have Trish wax this floor tomorrow. | 说不定你明天可以让Trish给地板打打蜡 |
[14:55] | She already did. | 她已经打了 |
[14:57] | It took her two hours. | 花了她两个小时呢 |
[14:59] | And it just took you two seconds | 而你花了两秒钟 |
[15:01] | to mess it up and start complaining. | 就弄脏了还在这抱怨 |
[15:02] | Well I’m not complaining, Dad, but look at these streaks here. | 我不是抱怨 爸 但是看这一条一条的 |
[15:05] | It’s like she never waxed a floor before. | 好像她以前从来没打过蜡一样 |
[15:08] | All you do is nag, nag, nag! | 你就会抱怨 抱怨 抱怨 |
[15:13] | Meanwhile she tried a new fabric softener | 她还用一种新的柔顺剂 |
[15:14] | on your sweater and you didn’t even notice! | 给你洗毛衣你都没注意到 |
[15:16] | Well, my sweaters are supposed to be dry-cleaned. | 我的毛衣应该干洗的 |
[15:18] | Oh, and remind me to say something to her | 哦 还有提醒我跟她谈谈 |
[15:22] | about flipping my mattress. | 给我翻床垫的事 |
[15:23] | What the hell are you trying to do, kill her? | 你到底想干嘛 想累死她 |
[15:28] | Easy, easy. | 别急 别急 |
[15:29] | Dad, there’s no reason to get all riled up. | 爸 不用这么生气 |
[15:33] | My God, you’re actually perspiring. | 天哪 你怎么出这么多汗 |
[15:34] | Well I just think some people around here | 我只是觉得这的某些人 |
[15:36] | don’t realize how hard she works. | 没有意识到她有多努力工作 |
[15:39] | Well, I’ll say this much: the place does smell lemony fresh. | 我倒是可以说 屋里确实散发着柠檬的清香 |
[15:45] | That shows what you know. It’s country breeze. | 你懂个什么 这是田园微风香 |
[15:52] | Daphne Daphne, | |
[15:53] | – I have to go out for a while. – All right. | – 我得出去一会 – 好啊 |
[15:57] | No place out of the ordinary, just… out. | 没什么特别的地方 就是 出去 |
[16:00] | Okay. See you later. | 行 晚点见 |
[16:08] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 真不敢相信这就要发生了 |
[16:11] | After all those misspent years of frustration and yearning, | 在失望和思念中荒废了这么多年 |
[16:15] | I finally find the fulfillment of my dreams | 我终于实现了自己的梦想 |
[16:18] | only to have it snatched away. | 而现在一切都要被夺走了 |
[16:21] | Look at her. She’s so beautiful, | 看看她 她是如此美丽 |
[16:25] | so perfect. | 如此完美 |
[16:28] | She deserves nothing but happiness. | 她应该拥有幸福 |
[16:31] | I hope, when I’m gone, | 我希望 等我走了 |
[16:34] | she’s able to make a life with someone else. | 她能和别人好好过日子 |
[16:37] | After a suitable period of mourning, of course. | 当然适当哀悼我一段时间也是应该的 |
[16:42] | – Niles? – Yes, my love? | – Niles – 什么事 我的爱人 |
[16:45] | WHEN are you going to change the paper | 你打算什么时候 |
[16:46] | in the bottom of the bird cage, hmm? | 换鸟笼底下垫的纸 嗯 |
[16:48] | I’ve asked you three times already. | 我都跟你说了三遍了 |
[16:50] | Soon as I get back. | 我一回来就换 |
[16:54] | Maybe when I’m gone, | 也许等我走了 |
[16:55] | Her Majesty can muck out her own birdcage. | 女王大人就能自己打扫她那破鸟笼了 |
[17:01] | Hey, Fras, sorry to bother ya. | 嘿 Fras 抱歉打扰你了 |
[17:02] | Trish was wondering where you keep the silver polish. | Trish想问你银器抛光剂放哪了 |
[17:07] | Right, I told her about that tarnish on your shrimp fork. | 没错 我告诉她你吃虾的叉子上有污点了 |
[17:12] | She suggested a place you could keep it | 她建议你放在 |
[17:13] | where the air won’t get to it. | 不容易接触空气的地方 |
[17:16] | Really. Perhaps she and I could have a discussion about that. | 真的 也许我可以和她讨论一下这事 |
[17:19] | What are you doin’ here? | 你回来干嘛 |
[17:20] | Well, my lunch cancelled, I thought I might drop by, | 我午餐约会取消了 我想我就回来看一下 |
[17:22] | …see if you might like to join me for a bite. | 看看你想不想和我一起出去吃点 |
[17:23] | Oh, sure, I’d love to. Let me get my coat. | 哦 好啊 正想去呢 我去拿外套 |
[17:26] | Right, I’ll just tell Trish that we’re leaving. Where is she? | 好的 我去告诉Trish咱们要出门了 她在哪 |
[17:29] | Oh, uh, she’s in the powder room. Let’s go. | 哦 她在盥洗室里呢 咱们走吧 |
[17:32] | Actually, Dad, I’d rather wait. | 事实上 爸 我想还是等会吧 |
[17:33] | You see, I wanted to discuss a new vacuuming pattern with her. | 我想和她讨论一下新的吸尘方案 |
[17:36] | Well, actually, Fras, this might not be a good time. | 其实 Fras 现在可能不太合适 |
[17:40] | That shrimp fork thing really set her off. | 虾叉那事真的让她很生气 |
[17:42] | She kinda went to pieces and locked herself in there. | 她有点崩溃了 把自己锁在里面了 |
[17:45] | She did? I had no idea she was so fragile | 真的 我还不知道她这么脆弱 |
[17:48] | Well, she’ll get over it. | 她会挺过来的 |
[17:50] | She just needs to be alone for a while, she’ll be fine. | 她只是需要独处一会 她会没事的 |
[17:54] | – Bye, Trish! – No, no, Dad. You know, if I’ve hurt her feelings, | – 再见 Trish – 不行 不行 爸 如果我让她伤心了 |
[17:57] | then it is incumbent upon me to apologize. | 那我就有责任去和她道歉 |
[18:00] | Trish, it’s Dr. Crane. Could you come out here, please? | Trish 是Crane医生 能不能请你出来 |
[18:03] | I’d like to have a word with you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[18:08] | The old silent treatment. Well, two can play that game. Let’s go. | 冷战处理的老把戏 这玩起来没完 咱们走吧 |
[18:11] | No, no, Dad, why don’t you talk to her? | 不行 爸 你跟她谈谈好吗 |
[18:14] | – Oh, I don’t think so. – Please, Dad, she likes you. Please. | – 哦 我不想 – 拜托了 爸 她喜欢你 拜托了 |
[18:20] | Uh, Trish? Hi, it’s Marty. | 呃 Trish 是Marty |
[18:24] | Listen, I know you’re upset, but I’d like to talk to you. | 听我说 我知道你很生气 但是我想和你谈谈 |
[18:30] | Um, would you unlock the door? | 呃 你开门好吗 |
[18:33] | Thatta girl. | 这就对了 |
[18:42] | All right, you just take all the time you need. | 好了 你想待多久都可以 |
[18:47] | She accepted your apology | 她接受你的道歉了 |
[18:49] | but she just wants to be alone for a little while, | 但是还想自己待会 |
[18:51] | – …so let’s go. – Dad, | – 咱们走吧 – 爸 |
[18:53] | I really should apologize to her in person. | 我真的应该亲自向她道歉 |
[18:55] | – Well, I don’t think this is the time. – Why not? | – 我想现在还不太合适 – 为什么不合适 |
[18:58] | Well, you have been pretty critical. | 你总是很爱批评她 |
[19:00] | Well, you know I also think that she’s made | 但我也认为她这几天 |
[19:03] | some real improvements around here. Tell her that. | 有很大进步 告诉她 |
[19:15] | She wants an example. | 她想让你举个例子 |
[19:24] | How should I know? Make something up. | 我怎么知道 随便编点什么 |
[19:25] | Oh, no wonder she’s mad, you ungrateful son of a bitch! | 哦 难怪她会生气 你个不知感激的小杂种 |
[19:36] | All right, see you later. | 好了 待会见 |
[19:42] | Well, now I think you made things worse. | 现在我觉得你把事情搞得更糟了 |
[19:45] | It wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t come in tomorrow. | 要是她明天不来了我也不会惊讶的 |
[20:00] | – You didn’t tell me you had a sister. – Dad! | – 你怎么没告诉我你还有个姐姐 – 爸 |
[20:07] | All right, what the hell’s going on? | 好了 这到底是怎么回事 |
[20:09] | No idea. I just came by for my paycheck. | 不知道 我就是来领工资的 |
[20:12] | Well, uh, I got some bad news about that, Trish | 呃 我有个坏消息告诉你 Trish |
[20:15] | I’m sorry, but we’re gonna have to let you go. | 很抱歉 但我们不得不开除你 |
[20:17] | Oh. Okay, but you still owe me | 哦 好吧 但是你还是欠我 |
[20:19] | for the days I was supposed to be here last week. | 我上周本该来的那几天的工资 |
[20:21] | Sure, sure. | 没问题 没问题 |
[20:22] | And there’ll be a check in the mail sometime after the first… | 我会把支票邮寄给你 大概在一号 |
[20:27] | asteroid hits earth | 小行星撞地球再说吧 |
[20:35] | Okay, lay it on me. I’m prepared for the worst. | 好了 告诉我吧 我做好最坏的准备了 |
[20:39] | – Is it my heart? – I’m afraid so. | – 是我心脏的问题吗 – 恐怕是的 |
[20:42] | Ah-ha. | 啊哈 |
[20:45] | What? | 啥 |
[20:47] | There is an anomaly in your EKG. | 您的心电图有点异常 |
[20:49] | I’m gonna have to check you into the hospital. | 我得让您入院治疗 |
[20:52] | Oh, uh, well, hmm. Uh, I guess I can clear my schedule. | 哦 呃 好啊 嗯 我想我可以把时间空出来 |
[20:56] | How’s, how’s tomorrow afternoon? | 明天下午怎么样 |
[20:58] | No, no. Niles? You need to go right now. | 不 不 Niles 你现在就得去 |