时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, this one’s from your mom. | 这是你妈妈送的 |
[00:13] | A kitten in a basket of yarn. | 是只毛线筐里的小猫咪 |
[00:16] | “Dear Niles, I know we haven’t always gotten along…” | “亲爱的Niles 我知道我们并不怎么合得来” |
[00:26] | Wasn’t that sweet of her? | 真是贴心呢 |
[00:28] | – Hey, Niles, look what I found in the parking lot. – Hi, Niles. | – 嘿 Niles 看我在停车场遇到谁了 – 嗨 Niles |
[00:32] | It’s good to see you. How’s he doing? | 见到你真好 他怎么样了 |
[00:35] | The doctor says he’s doing just great. | 医生说很好 |
[00:36] | Well, he looks just great. | 他看上去就不错 |
[00:39] | – Why is he so pale? – He’s always this pale. | – 他咋看起来这么苍白呢 – 他一直都这样 |
[00:44] | – I’ll take those. – Well, Niles, | – 给我吧 – Niles |
[00:45] | you’ve got quite an impressive array of flowers here. | 你这花还真不少呢 |
[00:50] | Uh… Oh, dear lord, who sent mums? | 天 是谁送的菊花 |
[00:53] | – Those are from Jaime, our squash valet. – Really? | – Jaime 咱的壁球服球童 – 是吗 |
[00:56] | You know, when I had the flu, | 我当年感冒的时候 |
[00:57] | Jaime didn’t send me so much as a card. | 他连张卡片都没送给我 |
[00:59] | You didn’t have the flu, | 你那是感冒么 |
[01:00] | – you barely had the sniffles. – I almost threw up. | – 就抽了一下鼻子 – 我差点吐了呢 |
[01:04] | Who knows, mums might have been just the thing to cheer me up. | 谁知道呢 说不定菊花正好能让我开心点 |
[01:06] | I guess we’ll never know now, will we? | 但现在是没机会知道了 |
[01:09] | I’m so sorry you have to go through all this, Niles. | 真抱歉你得经受这些 Niles |
[01:11] | Oh, I’m pretty used to him by now. | 哦 我已经习惯他这德性了 |
[01:12] | – No, I meant… – Oh, right, the… Yes, well, thank you. | – 不 我是说 – 这个啊 谢谢 |
[01:18] | Who knew all those years of fois gras and brie | 谁能想到吃了这么多年的鹅肝酱和布里干酪 |
[01:20] | would finally catch up with me. | 也能吃出毛病 |
[01:23] | You know, frasier, you might want to get yourself checked out. | Frasier 也许你也该去检查下 |
[01:25] | You eat a lot of that stuff too. | 那种东西你也没少吃 |
[01:26] | Yes, but I also drink a lot of red wine. | 是不假 但我也配了好多红酒 |
[01:29] | Now, Niles, you’ll be happy to know that | Niles 好消息 |
[01:30] | your prognosis is excellent. I have done some research. | 你的预后诊断结果良好 我做了点研究 |
[01:34] | I have detailed the procedures | 我详细写明了手术过程 |
[01:36] | and made copies for each of you. Here we are. | 你们一人一份 都拿好 |
[01:39] | I also took the liberty of checking out your surgeon. A fine choice. | 我还自作主张 调查了下你的医生 挺不错的 |
[01:43] | True, he did have a few brushes with the law. As an undergrad. | 他是有跟法律打过擦边球 但那是本科的事了 |
[01:48] | And I think you all know | 我想你们也都知道 |
[01:49] | how I feel about Tulane’s medical school. | 我对杜兰医学院的感觉 |
[01:52] | But, on the bright side, | 但往好的一面看 |
[01:54] | he has been extensively published and his reputation is stellar. | 他的作品被广泛出版 声望很高 |
[01:57] | Now, if you’ll all please turn to page 17 in your handouts… | 现在请你们翻到 第17页 |
[02:00] | you know, where is Dad? | 哎 爸去哪儿了 |
[02:01] | He stepped outside for some coffee. | 出去买咖啡了 |
[02:02] | Oh, I specifically used layman’s terms for his benefit. Oh, all right. | 我还特地为他准备了简单的词 算了 |
[02:07] | – How’s he handling all this? – He’s positively chirpy. | – 他怎么样 – 非常活跃 |
[02:11] | In other words, he’s terrified. | 换句话说 快吓死了 |
[02:12] | Yes, when we were kids, whenever one of us was sick or hurt, | 没错 我们小时候 只要我们有谁生病受伤 |
[02:17] | Dad would try to keep us from worrying | 爸为了不让我们担心 |
[02:18] | by pretending the problem didn’t even exist. | 就干脆假装这事不存在 |
[02:21] | Nonchalance was his coping mechanism. | 他的应对方法就是若无其事 |
[02:24] | Things always turned out all right, though. | 但都化险为夷了 |
[02:28] | It will this time, too. | 这次也会一样的 |
[02:31] | – How are you holding up? – Well, you know… | – 你还好吗 – 唉 你知道的 |
[02:35] | You know what? I think you should think | 你可以想些好玩的事 |
[02:37] | of something really cool to do when all this is over. | 等这一切结束之后去做 |
[02:40] | Like a big trip. | 比如旅行 |
[02:41] | That way you can have something good to focus on. | 这样还能转移下注意力 |
[02:44] | I can’t think about that right now. | 我现在想不了那个 |
[02:48] | What the hey! Still in bed? It’s nine in the morning. | 咋回事呢 怎么还在床上呢 都九点了 |
[02:51] | Up and at ’em, lazy bones. | 起来啊 懒虫 |
[02:54] | Hello, I’m your anesthesiologist, Dr. Ling. | 你好 我是你的麻醉师 Ling医师 |
[02:56] | – Oh, hello. – How are you feeling today? | – 您好 – 您今天感觉如何? |
[02:57] | Ah, don’t let this faker fool you, | 哦 别让他骗着你 |
[03:00] | he’s just tryin’ to get out of work. | 他想翘班罢了 |
[03:02] | If you’re feeling at all anxious, | 如果您感到焦虑 |
[03:03] | – I can give you a mild sedative. – No, thanks. | – 我可以给您少量镇定剂 – 不 谢谢了 |
[03:05] | Are you sure, Niles? Dr. Ling went to Duke. | 确定吗 Ling医师可是杜克大学的呢 |
[03:12] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:14] | Can I ask who’s calling? | 请问哪位 |
[03:16] | Just a minute, please. It’s Maris. | 请稍等 是Maris |
[03:18] | Do you want me to make up an excuse? | 需要我说你不在么 |
[03:21] | No, that’s okay, I’ll talk to her. | 不 没事 给我吧 |
[03:26] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:28] | Well, yes, how’d you hear? | 嗯 是的 你怎么知道的 |
[03:31] | Ah, Jaime is a bit of a gossip. | 啊 Jaime是有点八卦 |
[03:35] | Luckily they discovered the blockage before I had a major event. | 幸运的是 他们在发病前发现了栓塞 |
[03:40] | Well thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:42] | That wasn’t the nurse, that was my wife. | 那不是护士 是我的妻子 |
[03:45] | Yes, Daphne. Uh, we were married a couple months ago. | 对 是Daphne 我们几个月前结的婚 |
[03:50] | No, well, ah it’s not really my fault you didn’t know. | 不 你不知道这事可不是我的错 |
[03:53] | Sounds to me like your argument is with Jaime. | 你该问Jaime才是 |
[03:57] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, we didn’t invite anyone. | 呃 如果这能让你高兴点 我们谁也没邀请 |
[04:00] | Dr. Ling? Give me the drugs. | Ling医师 请给我打药 |
[04:03] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Well yes, | 嗯哼 是的 |
[04:06] | of course we invited him, he’s my brother. | 他当然请了 他是我亲哥 |
[04:09] | Uh, yes, William Sonoma and Tiffany’s. Keep it coming. | 对 是威廉索诺玛和蒂芙尼家的 继续别停 |
[04:18] | Now in just a few moments, | 再过一会儿 |
[04:19] | we’ll be ready to wheel you down to the OR. | 我们会把您送去手术室 |
[04:21] | He’ll receive general anesthesia once he’s on the operating table. | 他上了手术台后会进行全身麻醉 |
[04:25] | Now, if you’d like to follow along in your handouts, | 如果你们想跟上进度 |
[04:27] | I could take you through the first steps of the procedure. | 我可以带你们了解下手术的前几个步骤 |
[04:30] | The doctor explained everything to us yesterday. | 医生昨天已经解释过了 |
[04:32] | Yes, but did he have a mnemonic verse | 是的 但他有记忆口诀么 |
[04:34] | that goes along to the tune of “Camp Town Races”? | 能跟着开普敦赛马歌唱下来么 |
[04:37] | – Hello. – Ah, Doctor Schafer. | – 你们好 – Schafer医生 |
[04:38] | I was just explaining my brother’s procedure to my family. | 我正在跟我家人解说手术过程 |
[04:41] | I’ll hand the floor over to you. | 现在交给您了 |
[04:43] | – Thank you… – Frasier. Dr. Crane. – Oh, great. | – 谢谢您 – Frasier Crane医生 – 很好 |
[04:47] | Once you’re under, | 麻醉过后 |
[04:48] | we’ll begin by inserting some tubes to monitor your blood pressure. | 我们会进行插管监控您的血压 |
[04:51] | Then, while one team harvests the saphenous vein from your right leg, | 当他们从您的右腿取出隐静脉 |
[04:55] | – I’ll be opening up your chest. – Excuse me. If I may, | – 我会来打开您的胸腔 – 不好意思打扰一下 |
[04:59] | uh, wouldn’t a mid-cab be less invasive? | 采取侵袭性冠状动脉绕道手术不是创口更小吗 |
[05:01] | I have done some research in the matter | 我做过些研究 |
[05:03] | and I believe that is the prevailing methodology. | 我认为这是当下最盛行的方式 |
[05:06] | Well, you may have read about that in Reader’s Digest, | 嗯 也许<读者文摘>上是那么写的 |
[05:08] | but a mid-cab is only appropriate for a limited blockage. | 但这种术式只适用于局限阻塞 |
[05:11] | My source is not Reader’s Digest. | 我的资料来源不是<读者文摘> |
[05:14] | It is a Harvard colleague. | 是来自我哈佛的同事 |
[05:17] | Harvard being my alma mater. HARVARD. | 哈佛 我的母校 哈佛 |
[05:21] | And if I’m not mistaken, | 我没记错的话 |
[05:22] | the blockage is in the left anterior descending artery. | 栓塞位于左前降支 |
[05:25] | And the right coronary. | 还有右冠状动脉 |
[05:26] | Look, in my expert opinion, | 以我的专业意见 |
[05:27] | I’m doing what’s best for this patient. | 我是在为病人的最大利益考虑 |
[05:29] | And my expert opinion says otherwise. | 但我的专业意见与你不同 |
[05:31] | Well, if you’re such an expert, | 那如果你这么专业的话 |
[05:33] | maybe you should perform the surgery. – Maybe I should! | – 也许你该来动这手术 – 也许我真该 |
[05:35] | – Dad! – Frasier, you’re not operating on your brother. | – 爸 – Frasier 你甭想在你弟身上开刀 |
[05:40] | – Suit yourself. – Maybe it would be best if everyone | – 随你们吧 – 也许让Schafer医生 |
[05:43] | …stepped out while Dr. Schafer talks to the patient. | 单独跟病人谈会比较好 |
[05:45] | Mrs. Crane, you’re welcome to stay. | Crane夫人 您可以留下来 |
[05:48] | Niles, I’ll, I’ll see you before they wheel you in. | Niles 他们送你走之前我会来看你的 |
[05:58] | Well, I’ll tell you one thing about that Dr. Schafer’s people skills: | 哼 对于那Schafer医生的交际能力 |
[06:01] | I am not a fan. | 我不喜欢 |
[06:02] | Oh, will you leave it alone? You’re being a big pain. | 哦 你别掺和了行么 烦死人了 |
[06:05] | Yes, well I happen to know a thing or… | 对心脏搭桥手术 |
[06:08] | A thing or two about bypass surgery, | 我还是略知一二的 |
[06:10] | he was totally condescending to me. | 他却一副居高临下的样子 |
[06:12] | He was just trying to let you know who’s in charge. | 他只是想让你明白谁是主导 |
[06:14] | I’m sure at the first sign of trouble, | 我保证 一出现问题 |
[06:16] | he’ll run right out here to consult with you. | 他一定会马上跑出来请教你的 |
[06:22] | This is so weird. I mean, 24 hours ago, | 好怪呢 24小时前 |
[06:24] | we didn’t even know anything was wrong with Niles. | Niles还好好的呢 |
[06:28] | It just goes to show, you can’t take a second for granted. | 这说明 我们每一秒都该珍惜 |
[06:31] | You sure can’t. You can’t take people for granted, either. | 是呢 身边的人也同样 |
[06:35] | – You just never know. – That’s true. | – 命运莫测啊 – 没错 |
[06:37] | That’s why you should always tell | 所以你应该及时告诉你爱的人 |
[06:38] | the people you love just how much they mean to you. | 他们对你的意义重大 |
[06:41] | Well, I hope you guys know | 我希望你们知道 |
[06:43] | – how much I care about you. – Oh, geez, sure we do. | – 我很在乎你们 – 噢 当然了 |
[06:47] | And we care about you, too, Roz. | 我们也很在乎你 Roz |
[06:48] | Of course, Roz, you’re like family. | 是啊 Roz 你已经是家人了 |
[06:50] | And Dad, I hope you know I love you. Even at your most difficult. | 老爸 我想让你知道我爱你 即使在你最难搞的时候 |
[06:54] | Well I love you too, Son, even when you treat me like a child. | 我也爱你 即使在你把我当小孩看的时候 |
[06:59] | Frasier bosses everyone around. It’s just his way. | Frasier到处指使别人 他就那样 |
[07:01] | Well, perhaps if people behaved more competently, | 要是大家都能做好自己份内的事 |
[07:03] | I wouldn’t be so bossy. | 我也不会那么指使人 |
[07:03] | Maybe you wouldn’t be so bossy | 如果你不老盯着别人的一举一动 |
[07:05] | if you didn’t always focus on how everybody else behaves. | 你也不会这么指使人 |
[07:07] | – That’d be the day. – Yes, well, | – 真有那天就好了 – 是哦 |
[07:08] | maybe that’s because human behavior is my profession. | 也许那是因为人类行为是我的专业 |
[07:10] | Well, you can take a day off once in a while. | 休几天假会死哦 |
[07:12] | – No kidding. – Who asked you, Roz? | – 就是说啊 – 有人问你意见了吗 Roz |
[07:16] | Niles is going off to surgery soon. Come and wish him well. | Niles要进手术室了 进来祝福他吧 |
[07:19] | You know, we really should tell her how much she means to us, too. | 我们应该告诉她 她对我们也意义重大 |
[07:26] | – How you feeling? – I’m a little woozy. Maybe I should lie down. | – 你感觉如何 – 有点晕呢 也许我该躺下来 |
[07:32] | Oh, now Daphne, …you know all the important papers are in | Daphne 所有重要文件 |
[07:36] | – my top left hand drawer… – Let’s not talk about that right now. | – 都放在我上层左边抽屉 – 别说这个了 |
[07:39] | – You just relax. – Okay, Daphne. | – 你放轻松就好 – 好的 Daphne |
[07:44] | You know, Daphne, they do these procedures hundreds of times. | 你知道么 Daphne 他们天天做这种手术的 |
[07:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:49] | Okay. It’s practically routine, Daphne. | 嗯啊 这都算是常规手术了 Daphne |
[07:53] | Why do you keep saying my name? | 你干嘛老说我名字啊 |
[07:55] | I just want to say it as many times as I can… | 我只是想尽量多说几次 |
[07:59] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[08:02] | What? Still in bed? Will you look at this goldbrick? | 啥 还在床上呢 瞧瞧这小懒汉 |
[08:05] | Well, if you’re gonna be loafin’ around all day, | 反正你今天本来也没事做 |
[08:08] | you might as well have somethin’ to read. | 可以看看这些书 |
[08:10] | I know how you love your Archies. | 我知道你很爱看<阿尔奇> |
[08:14] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢老爸 |
[08:16] | Oh, a Jughead Double Digest. | <阿尔奇>漫画文摘 |
[08:21] | I’ll be here waiting for you. | 我就在这儿等你出来 |
[08:24] | I love you, Son. | 我爱你 儿子 |
[08:26] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[08:30] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[08:32] | I have a confession to make. | 我要坦白 |
[08:35] | Remember when we were kids and I was wearing your opera cape, | 还记得小时候我穿着你的歌剧披风 |
[08:38] | and you pushed me down the stairs? | 你把我推下了楼吗 |
[08:41] | Yes. | 记得 |
[08:43] | You didn’t push me. | 其实你没推我 |
[08:46] | I jumped. | 是我自己跳的 |
[08:48] | I was trying to fly like a Valkyrie. | 我想像瓦尔基里那样飞 |
[08:53] | It’s not important right now. | 这个现在不重要 |
[08:54] | It’s important you get well, all right? | 重要的是你健康起来 明白不 |
[08:58] | Dr. Crane? Mrs. Crane? It’s that time. | Crane医生 Crane太太 到时间了 |
[09:02] | Okay, we’re gonna need you to slide over. | 我们需要您移过来 |
[09:04] | Boy, a hospital is an interesting place, isn’t it? | 天 医院真是个有趣的地方啊 |
[09:08] | – How so, Niles? – Oh, all roads lead to the hospital. | – 怎么讲 Niles – 条条大路通医院 |
[09:14] | We’re born here, we get sick here, | 我们生在这儿 病在这儿 |
[09:19] | we get well here. | 病好也在这儿 |
[09:21] | All these big dramatic moments and the hospital just gobbles ’em up. | 医院见证了所有的戏剧性时刻 |
[09:28] | Do you think a hospital has memories? I bet it does. | 你觉得医院有记忆吗 我猜一定有 |
[09:34] | I bet when I walked in, it thought: | 我打赌我进来的时候 它在想 |
[09:37] | “Oh, you again. You’re the little boy who broke his leg in 1966. | “哦 又是你 你就是那个66年摔断腿了的孩子 |
[09:42] | Hello, old friend.” | 你好啊 老朋友” |
[09:46] | Wow, a talking hospital. That would be cool. | 会说话的医院 好酷 |
[09:51] | When are these drugs going to kick in? | 这药啥时才能起作用呀 |
[09:53] | I don’t even know why I need surgery. | 为什么我还需要做手术啊 |
[09:55] | – This is the best I’ve felt in years. – Easy… | – 我好久没这么爽过了 – 慢点 |
[09:59] | Daphne Daphne Daphne Daphne, Daphne, Daphne, Daphne, Daphne, Daphne… | |
[10:03] | – Okay, you ready to take a little trip? – I think he already is. | – 好了 准备好上路了吗 – 我觉得他已经出发了 |
[10:07] | – Can I just have a second? – Of course. | – 能给我几分钟吗 – 好的 |
[10:14] | – I’ll be here when you wake up. – Promise? – I promise. | – 你醒来就能看到我 – 保证么 – 我保证 |
[10:46] | What do you mean, you don’t like Archie? It’s a riot. | 为什么你不喜欢<阿尔奇> 多有趣啊 |
[10:48] | You got your Jughead, your Reggie, your Mr. Weatherby… | 这里有Jughead Reggie 还有Weatherby先生 |
[10:53] | Please stop crying, Maris. | 请别再哭了 Maris |
[10:55] | The doctor can always cut off more next time. | 医生下次还能再切的 |
[11:04] | – I’ll be here when you wake up. – Promise? – I promise. | – 你醒来就能看到我 – 保证么 – 我保证 |
[11:27] | How come these places never have any magazines for men? | 这种地方怎么全是女人杂志 |
[11:30] | It’s all hairdos and recipes | 全在讲发型啊 菜谱啊 |
[11:34] | …and butt exercises. | 提臀练习啊 |
[11:36] | I was just thinking about what Niles said about the hospital, | 我在想Niles的医院理论 |
[11:39] | – and things that happen here. – Geez, would you look at this: | – 在医院发生的这些事 – 老天 你瞧这个 |
[11:43] | “Ten Saucy Secrets to Please Him in Bed.” | “床上取悦他的十个小秘诀” |
[11:46] | You know damn well there are only four. | 你自己心里明白 只有四个 |
[11:48] | The rest are just do-si-dos. | 剩下的翻来覆去都一个样 |
[11:51] | It’s like the whole tapestry of life keeps replaying itself in these four walls. | 生命的画卷在这四面墙上反复播放 |
[11:57] | I used to bust people for that one. | 我以前还为这个抓过人咧 |
[12:00] | – You didn’t hear a word I said, did you? – Yeah, I did. | – 你根本没在听我说话吧 – 听了 |
[12:02] | Hospital, tapestry of life… | 医院 生命画卷 |
[12:06] | Whoa! It’s a nice kitchen. | 喔 这厨房真不错 |
[12:11] | You’re a sentimental fool, Dad. | 老爸 你真是个感情用事的傻瓜 |
[12:13] | Well, here he is. | 你看 |
[12:16] | Frasier, say hello to your new brother. | Frasier 跟你弟弟打声招呼 |
[12:19] | I don’t like him. | 我不喜欢他 |
[12:28] | Remember when you were little | 还记得你小时候 |
[12:29] | and you convinced Niles that we were all figments of his imagination | 骗Niles说 我们大家都是他想象出来的 |
[12:32] | and the whole world was just in is mind? | 整个世界都只是他的想象 |
[12:36] | I told him we disappeared whenever he left the room. | 我告诉他说 只要他一不在场 我们就会消失 |
[12:38] | Yeah, for months afterwards | 后来好几个月 |
[12:40] | he was always darting into rooms to make sure we were all still there. | 他进房间都靠冲的 确保我们大家都还在 |
[12:44] | Scared the crap out of me. I was ready to kill you. | 吓死我 我掐死你的心都有了 |
[12:47] | What made you think of that? | 你怎么想起那桩事的 |
[12:49] | I don’t know, I’m just thinking about Niles. | 不知道呢 就在想Niles |
[12:56] | Well he must be all right, we’re all still here. | 他一定好好的呢 我们都还在啊 |
[13:02] | I don’t think I’ve ever been this frightened in my whole life. | 我觉得我这辈子都没这么害怕过 |
[13:05] | Well, Daph, according to my timetable, | Daph 根据我的时间表 |
[13:09] | Niles is probably off the bypass pump by now, | Niles已经脱离了旁路泵 |
[13:12] | all the blockages have been bypassed, | 栓塞血管都已经被分流 |
[13:14] | and the myocardium is now receiving normal blood. | 心肌开始正常回血 |
[13:17] | How can you know all this but | 你知道的这么多 |
[13:18] | you’re stumped by an electric barbecue fork? | 怎么还搞不清楚怎么用电动烧烤叉 |
[13:21] | Because the human heart was not designed by some idiot in Japan. | 因为心脏不是由某些日本白痴设计的 |
[13:26] | You know, Frasier, maybe now is not the perfect time to go into detail. | Frasier 也许现在不要讲那些细节比较好 |
[13:30] | – It’s all right, Roz. – You see, | – 没事的 Roz – 你看 |
[13:31] | she knows. Knowledge is our ally against anxiety. | 她明白的 知识是对抗焦虑最好的武器 |
[13:36] | Which happens to be the theme of today’s “Best of Crane,” | 这也正好是今天Crane精选的主题 |
[13:38] | …which is being broadcast over the airwaves right this moment. | 现在正在播出呢 |
[13:40] | Oh yeah, they’re piping it into the operating room | 对 他们正在手术室里放着呢 |
[13:43] | instead of using anesthesia. | 正好代替麻醉 |
[13:46] | Very funny, Roz. | 真好笑啊 Roz |
[13:48] | Oh, I hope the doctors have their earplugs in, | 哦 但愿医生有戴上耳塞 |
[13:50] | so they don’t fall asleep too. | 他们可不能也睡着了 |
[13:52] | – All right, we get it. – Seriously, | – 好了 我们知道了 – 说真的 |
[13:54] | if I was ever gonna rob a bank… | 如果我要去抢银行 |
[13:55] | – …and I wanted to knock out the guards… – All right, Roz. | – 我想解决那些保安 – 行了 Roz |
[14:07] | Hey, is that a Chunky in there? | 哎 那是奇巧巧克力吗 |
[14:13] | Looks like one. | 貌似是 |
[14:14] | Been a long time since I’ve seen one of those. | 好久没见着了 |
[14:18] | What are they asking for it? | 卖多少钱 |
[14:21] | Looks like it’s 85 cents. | 好像是85美分 |
[14:23] | Oh. Does it only take the exact change? | 可以找零吗 |
[14:28] | – Looks like there’s a dollar slot. – Oh, all I have is a ten. | – 可以放一美元 – 我只有十块的 |
[14:32] | – Will it take a ten? – Why don’t you get off your ass and look? | – 十块行不 – 你自己爬起来看吧 |
[14:36] | – They usually just take singles. – Oh. Anybody have a single? | – 一般只收零钱 – 有人有零钱吗 |
[14:42] | How can you think about eating now? | 你怎么还能想着吃 |
[14:45] | What would you rather have me think about? | 那你想让我想什么 |
[14:48] | – I’ll get you some change. – Oh, thanks, Roz. | – 我去给你换零钱 – 谢谢 Roz |
[14:51] | Sittin’ way too long, anyway. | 反正我腿也坐麻了 |
[14:56] | Excuse me… Colleen? Do you have any ones? | 打扰一下 Colleen 您有一块的吗 |
[14:59] | I think so, let me check. | 好像有 我看下 |
[15:02] | – Excuse me. – Can I help you? | – 不好意思 – 我能帮您什么吗 |
[15:03] | Yes. There’s something wrong with my baby. | 嗯 我孩子生病了 |
[15:06] | She has a little rash on her cheek. | 她脸上有疹子 |
[15:09] | I looked in the book, and I don’t think it’s chicken pox. | 我查了下 好像不是水痘 |
[15:12] | But it does look a little like scarlet fever. | 但有点像猩红热 |
[15:15] | Is this your first child? | 这是您第一个孩子吗 |
[15:16] | – Yes, why? – I think this is lipstick. | – 是的 怎么了 – 这是口红印 |
[15:20] | – Will fives do? – No, I’m afraid I need ones. | – 五块的行吗 – 不行呢 我还是需要一块的 |
[15:22] | Oh, thank God. | 噢 感谢上帝 |
[15:24] | Oh, look at that. That’s probably how it happened. | 噢 你看 估计就是这么弄上去的 |
[15:28] | Thank you… Colleen. | 谢谢你 Colleen |
[15:31] | I won’t forget you. | 我不会忘记你的 |
[15:34] | – Sorry, all I’ve got are fives. – Oh, thanks anyway. | – 抱歉 我只有五块的 – 哦 还是谢谢您了 |
[15:37] | – Do I know you? – I don’t think so. | – 我认识您吗 – 不认识吧 |
[15:40] | – Are you sure? – Trust me. I’m really good with faces. Thanks. | – 您确定 – 相信我 我很会记人的 谢谢了 |
[15:46] | – Mrs. Crane? – Yes. – Your husband’s doing well. | – Crane太太 – 在 – 您丈夫状态很好 |
[15:49] | He’s off the pump and his heart is beating on its own. | 他的心脏已经脱离旁路泵 能正常工作了 |
[15:51] | How’s his blood pressure? | 他的血压多少 |
[15:52] | 100/60 100/60. | |
[15:54] | Could be better. | 应该再好一点的 |
[15:54] | Did you thoroughly suction the cardioplegic solution? | 心脏停搏液有被完全吸出来吗 |
[15:57] | You see, I’m a doctor. | 您瞧 我也是个医生 |
[15:58] | Oh, yes, Dr. Schafer told me about you. | 哦对 Schafer医生跟我说过您 |
[16:00] | He said if you started asking me questions, I should do this. | 他说如果您开始问问题 我应该这样做 |
[16:07] | Oh, I get it! Very nice! | 我懂了 非常好 |
[16:11] | – Well, that’s good news, right? – Oh, yeah, great. | – 这是好消息 不是吗 – 是啊 太好了 |
[16:15] | – They didn’t have any change. – Oh, shoot. | – 他们没有零钱 – 噢 该死 |
[16:29] | – What ya reading, Daph? – I have no idea. | – 你看什么呢 Daph – 我也不知道 |
[16:32] | I must have read the same paragraph ten times. | 我这一段已经看了十遍了 |
[16:35] | I don’t know how you’re getting through this. | 真不知道你们是怎么撑过来的 |
[16:38] | Well, it’s not like the old days | 嗯 现在已经不是以前的年代了 |
[16:40] | when heart surgery was a big thing. | 那时心脏手术是大手术 |
[16:42] | Nowadays they do it so much, it’s like goin’ in for a haircut. | 现在太常见了 就像是去剪头发一样 |
[16:46] | Read the paper and wait ’til he’s done. | 看张报纸等着结束就行 |
[16:48] | But aren’t you scared? | 你不害怕吗 |
[16:53] | Uh, I wonder if that guy has a dollar. I bet he does. Excuse me. | 不知道那人有没有一块钱 我猜他有 不好意思 |
[17:04] | – Oh, no! – What, Daph? | – 噢 不 – 怎么了 Daph |
[17:08] | – I don’t believe this. Excuse me. – What? | – 难以置信 不好意思 – 怎么了 |
[17:11] | I was supposed to bring Niles’ cell phone, | 我应该拿着Niles手机的 |
[17:13] | in case any of his patients call, | 以防有病人打来 |
[17:14] | so I can refer them to Doctor Wells. | 我好把他们转给Wells医生 |
[17:16] | Now I’m going to be calling his stupid cell phone every two minutes | 而现在我只能每隔两分钟打一次他手机 |
[17:19] | …to check his mailbox. | 好去查他的语言信箱 |
[17:20] | Well here, let’s use my cell phone, all right? | 来 用我的手机吧 |
[17:22] | We can take turns calling. | 我们可以轮流打 |
[17:24] | He asked me to do this one simple thing and I forgot. | 他只让我做一件这么简单的事 我还给忘了 |
[17:27] | – I’m such an idiot. – Now don’t go go beating yourself up. | – 我真是个白痴 – 别太自责了 |
[17:30] | You didn’t do anything wrong. Come on, I’ll dial first. | 你没做错什么 好啦 我先打 |
[17:35] | Now look, Niles, as far as Dad knows, | 听着 Niles 在老爸看来 |
[17:37] | I had nothing to do with your leg breaking, right? | 我和你腿的骨折没有关系 对吧 |
[17:40] | – You pushed me. – Yes, | – 是你推的我 – 是不假 |
[17:42] | and in exchange for your silence, you get 10 of my records. | 为了封你口 我给你十张我的唱片 |
[17:45] | – Any ones you want. – Even the Shostakovich? | – 随意挑 – 包括肖斯塔科维奇么 |
[17:47] | – Not that one! – Then forget it. – Okay, fine. | – 那个不行 – 那就算了 – 好吧好吧 |
[17:53] | Sign here and initial here. | 在这儿签字 还有缩写 |
[17:57] | You still in bed, Mr. Lazybones? | 还躺着呢 小懒骨头 |
[17:59] | Well, if you’re going to lie around all day, | 如果你非要赖在床上 |
[18:01] | – I’ve got you something to read. – The Charterhouse of Parma? | – 我给你带了点书 – <帕尔马修道院>么 |
[18:04] | Better. Archie! | 更棒的 Archie |
[18:06] | – Well, hello Chunky! – I beg your pardon? | – 你好啊奇巧 – 你说什么 |
[18:11] | – I got some change. – Congratulations. | – 换来零钱了 – 恭喜你 |
[18:23] | Hey, is that a Marathon Bar? Oh, geez, now I don’t know what to get. | 那是马拉松能量条吗 天啊 我不知道该选哪个了 |
[18:27] | You should go with your first instinct, Dad. | 就选一开始的奇巧吧 |
[18:29] | But I haven’t had a Marathon Bar in years. | 但我好久没吃马拉松条了 |
[18:30] | – All right, then get a Marathon Bar. – Come to think of it, | – 那就马拉松 – 说起来 |
[18:33] | I think they quit making Marathon Bars back in the ’80s. | 好像80年代马拉松条就停产了 |
[18:35] | Then you should get a Chunky. | 那就奇巧 |
[18:39] | Uh, although, I kinda want to get a Marathon Bar | 但是吧 我也挺想买马拉松条的 |
[18:41] | just to see what it looks like on the inside. | 打开看看里面长啥样 |
[18:43] | – All right, just get the Chunky! – All right. | – 行了 就买奇巧吧 – 好吧 |
[18:48] | – Hey! – What? – It’s stuck! | – 嘿 – 怎么了 – 卡住了 |
[18:50] | – Great! You had to have Chunky! – Oh, all right, I’ll get it. | – 都怪你非得买奇巧 – 噢 行了 我给你拿 |
[18:55] | – What is going on?! – We have a stuck Chunky. | – 怎么回事 – 奇巧被卡住了 |
[18:59] | Well, why did Chunky stick his arm in there? | 小胖子把胳膊伸进去干嘛 |
[19:03] | Not me, the candy! | 没说我 说糖呢 |
[19:06] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[19:08] | Don’t worry Martin. I’ll stop by tomorrow and get us some Godiva. | 别担心 Martin 我明天过来带点歌帝梵巧克力 |
[19:11] | – But I want my Chunky! – Excuse me. | – 但我想要奇巧 – 请让一下 |
[19:22] | Chunky, was it? | 是要奇巧对吗 |
[19:30] | Oh, Daphne, it’s okay, it’s okay. Everything’s gonna be fine. | Daphne 没事的 一切都会没事的 |
[19:35] | Do I need to call security here? | 我需要叫保安来吗 |
[19:36] | No, it’s all right. I’m sorry about this. | 呃 不用 没事了 很抱歉 |
[19:39] | – Kind of a tough time. – All right, | – 非常时期 – 好吧 |
[19:40] | but keep this area clear until I can get it cleaned up. | 好吧 别让人过来 我找人清理干净 |
[19:43] | – Right. And we’ll pay for this. – And I already paid for this. | – 好的 我们会赔的 – 这个我已经付钱了 |
[19:51] | Daphne, I know you’re in hell right now, | Daphne 我知道你现在很痛苦 |
[19:54] | but in just about 20 minutes comes | 但再过20分钟 |
[19:55] | the disconnecting of the ventilator and the extubation. | 他们就能卸下呼吸机并拔管了 |
[19:58] | You can see it all in the diagram on page 24-C… | 这都在第24页C部分的图表上可以看到 |
[20:00] | He’s not a diagram! | 他不是张图表 |
[20:02] | He’s my husband | 他是我的丈夫 |
[20:03] | and he’s on a table with his chest cut open! | 他正开膛躺在手术台上 |
[20:06] | I’m sorry if I can’t handle | 很抱歉 |
[20:08] | this as well as the rest of you, but I’m terrified! | 我无法像你们一样冷静 但我害怕极了 |
[20:11] | Daphne, it’s okay. Just calm down. | Daphne 没事的 冷静点 |
[20:12] | You know when this is all over, we’re… | 等这一切都结束了 |
[20:14] | There IS no “When this is over”! There’s no tomorrow, | 没有”等这一切都结束” 现在没有明天 |
[20:18] | no next week, no next year! | 没有下周 没有明年 |
[20:19] | There’s nothing until he comes out of there and I know he’s okay! | 直到他从那里出来 我知道他平安之前 什么都没有 |
[20:25] | – Daphne… – Why don’t you sit down, Son? | – Daphne – 你先去坐会儿吧 儿子 |
[20:34] | Nobody meant anything. | 大家都没恶意 |
[20:37] | – It’s hard as hell for all of us to be here. – I know. | – 我们也都很难受 – 我知道 |
[20:41] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[20:43] | I hate hospitals. I hate them. I hate all of this. | 我讨厌医院 我恨它们 我恨死这一切了 |
[20:48] | I know. | 我明白 |
[20:56] | I’m afraid your wife’s x-rays don’t look good. | 很抱歉你妻子的X光看起来并不好 |
[21:11] | Waiting is the hardest part. | 等待是最难的 |
[21:20] | Niles Niles? | |
[21:23] | You did great. The doctor said it went even better than he expected. | 你很棒 医生说比他料想的都要好 |
[21:28] | I am so proud of you. | 我太为你骄傲了 |
[21:31] | He’ll be out all night. Why don’t you get something to eat? | 他会睡一整晚的 您去吃点东西吧 |
[21:35] | I’ll be here when you wake up. | 你醒来就能看见我 |
[22:18] | Say hello to your new sister. | 跟你新妹妹打声招呼吧 |
[22:23] | Look, she’s smiling at you. | 看啊 她朝你笑呢 |