时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | We’ll be right back with Julia Wilcox | 广告之后将迎来Julia Wilcox |
[00:11] | and our new stock market update after this. | 并带来崭新的股市资讯板块 |
[00:16] | That’s it? That’s your big introduction for Julia? | 就这些 这就是你所谓的”隆重介绍” |
[00:19] | – What happened to the copy I wrote for you? – Kenny, come on. | – 我给你写的范本呢 – Kenny 拜托 |
[00:21] | “Julia” Does not rhyme with “Moolah.” | “Julia”和”钞票”又不押韵 |
[00:25] | – Well, they’re spelled the same. – Oh, they are not, stop it. | – 可是他们拼法一样 – 不一样 别扯了 |
[00:29] | Isn’t it enough that | 我花了十分钟介绍她 |
[00:30] | – she’s getting 10 minutes of my show? – Hey, hey. We’re lucky to have her. | – 这难道还不够吗 – 嘿 嘿 她来就不错了 |
[00:33] | Don’t be surprised | 到时候收听率大涨 |
[00:34] | – if she ends up boosting your ratings a notch. – Yes, but at what cost? | – 可别觉得惊讶哦 – 是的 但代价呢 |
[00:37] | – The woman’s credibility is questionable. – She’s credible. | – 她的信誉有点问题 – 她的信誉很好 |
[00:40] | The woman was on CNBC. She had a syndicated column. | 她上过美国广播财经频道 还拥有自己的专栏 |
[00:43] | – You can’t hold one mistake against her. – What’d she do? | – 你不能揪着一个错误不放啊 – 她干了什么 |
[00:47] | She wrote a book called Day Trade Your Way Out of Debt.. | 她写了本书 叫<日间交易带你摆脱负债> |
[00:53] | Apparently, some people lost money. | 不用说 有些人输钱了 |
[00:57] | I don’t see you writing any books. | 我怎么没见你写书呢 |
[01:00] | Now listen, she’s a little sensitive, | 听着 她有点敏感 |
[01:01] | so I don’t want to hear anyone talking about the book, | 所以我不想再听见有人谈论那本书 |
[01:04] | how it ruined her career, | 是如何毁了她的事业的 |
[01:05] | that guy who killed himself in Pennsylva… | 在宾夕法尼亚自杀的那个人 |
[01:08] | hey, hey, hey! There she is! Our financial wizard. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 她来了 金融奇才 |
[01:12] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 这是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:13] | – Hello. – His producer, Roz Doyle. – Hi. | – 你好 – 这是他的制作人 Roz Doyle – 嘿 |
[01:16] | – Nice to meet you. So this is my mic? – Yes. | – 很高兴见到你 这是我的话筒吗 – 是的 |
[01:19] | – You know, I studied finance in college. – Hey, that’s great. | – 你知道吗 我大学时上过金融课 – 真不错 |
[01:23] | Can you get me some coffee, Rizzo? | 能帮我倒杯咖啡吗 Rizzo |
[01:28] | – It’s Roz. – Super. Two creams. Thanks. | – 是Roz – 真好 奶油要双份 谢谢 |
[01:34] | So, um, do your intro, we’ll do a promo, and then back to you. | 那么 你先介绍 然后我们宣传一下 再交回给你 |
[01:39] | Got it? Intro, promo, you. | 懂了吗 介绍 宣传 交回给你 |
[01:40] | So, you don’t want me to do the intro last? | 所以 你不想让我最后做介绍 |
[01:44] | Uh, no, because you see, “Intro” is short for… | 噢 不 “介绍”是简称 |
[01:47] | Oh, oh, oh, I get it! Very good! | 噢 噢 噢 我懂了 不错哟 |
[01:50] | You got one past me. Enjoy it. It’s not gonna happen again. | 你整到我了 好好享受 不会再有下次了 |
[01:55] | – And these would be my phones. – Yes, yes. Of Course. | – 这应该是我的耳机 – 是的 是的 |
[01:58] | I must say that I enjoyed your work on CNBC. | 我必须承认我很欣赏你在美国广播财经的表现 |
[02:02] | I thought that you were an insightful analyst, | 我觉得你是个极富洞察力的分析师 |
[02:05] | and I don’t believe that you were treated fairly. | 你受到了不公平的对待 |
[02:08] | Thanks. That makes everything all better. | 谢谢 这番话让一切都变得更好了 |
[02:12] | – Ten seconds. – Thanks. | – 倒计时十秒 – 谢谢 |
[02:17] | – You call this coffee? – Most of it. | – 你管这叫咖啡 – 大部分吧 |
[02:22] | That Roz… | Roz呀 |
[02:25] | Let me put that over there. | 我把它拿过去吧 |
[02:28] | Hello, Seattle. Welcome back! | 你好 西雅图 欢迎回来 |
[02:29] | If you’ve tuned in for mental health advice with an erudite twist, | 如果你期待听到心理健康方面的金玉良言 |
[02:34] | well then, | 那么请锁定 |
[02:34] | my show will be back up at the top of the hour. | 我的节目将会在整点播出 |
[02:38] | And now, for something new, yet germane, | 现在是全新环节 依旧与心理健康有关 |
[02:41] | as finances can be the cause of that old bugaboo, stress… | 因为大家的压力多半来自于金钱问题 |
[02:44] | – …here now… – Good afternoon, I’m Julia Wilcox. | – 现在 – 下午好 我是Julia Wilcox |
[02:47] | Today’s market swerved | 今天大盘震荡 |
[02:49] | like a nervous student driver | 就像个紧张的新手司机 |
[02:51] | before finally winding up in a nice, safe neutral. We’ll discuss. | 还没学会怎么稳稳当当地开车 我们会好好聊聊 |
[02:55] | Plus, are pharmaceutical stocks still worth prescribing? Now this. | 此外 医药类股是否依然值得入手 现在请听 |
[02:59] | Excuse me. Uh, I was supposed to introduce you. | 打扰一下 应该由我来介绍你 |
[03:02] | You were cutting into my time. | 你占用了我的时间 |
[03:04] | Well, I was giving you an hospitable segue. | 可我是在做衔接啊 |
[03:06] | You see, I thought that since you’re new here, | 你看 既然你是新来的 |
[03:08] | I could lend you my equity, | 我可以罩着你 |
[03:10] | if you will. It was just a courtesy… | 如果你愿意的话 这是一份好意 |
[03:12] | Some days on the market, it’s black Friday, | 股市中总有黑色星期五 |
[03:14] | but today, with the NASDAQ slightly down, | 但今天 纳斯达克指数轻微下滑 |
[03:17] | and the Dow slightly up | 道琼斯指数轻微上扬 |
[03:18] | it was more like “Plaid Monday.” | 今天更像是是个”平凡的周一” |
[03:21] | Analysts spoke out on both sides… | 分析家指出双方 |
[03:24] | Next time, I’ll get the coffee. | 下次 咖啡我来给她 |
[03:32] | – Hey, Roz. What ‘ya reading? – Julia’s book. | – 嘿 Roz 你在读什么 – Julia的书 |
[03:36] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[03:37] | “Chapter 4: How to Sell Your House and Start a Dot.Com.” | “第四章 如何卖房并开始做电商” |
[03:44] | Hey guys. | 同志们好 |
[03:46] | Oh, Roz, I can’t believe | 噢 Roz 我真不敢相信 |
[03:46] | you shelled out $3 to revel in someone else’s misfortune. | 你竟然花了三块钱去窥探别人的不幸 |
[03:49] | – I was curious. – Yeah, well, | – 我好奇嘛 – 好吧 |
[03:51] | you can get the same thing on tape for a buck-fifty. | 你只需要花一块五就可以买到录音版 |
[03:54] | It’s read by Martha Stewart! How’s that for your double whammy? | 还是由Martha Stewart朗读的 给你来个双重晦气 |
[04:01] | We should just get rid of her. | 我们应该把她弄走 |
[04:03] | I mean, if she were nice, it’d be one thing, | 如果她人不错的话 就算了 |
[04:06] | but she’s just rude and arrogant. | 但她又粗鲁又傲慢 |
[04:08] | Whoa, whoa, nobody’s getting rid of anybody. | 哇 哇 谁也不准把谁弄走 |
[04:10] | She just filed suit against CNBC | 她刚以非法解雇为由 |
[04:12] | for wrongful termination. | 把美国广播财经频道告上法庭 |
[04:13] | Legal wants us to treat her with kid gloves. | 法务部叮嘱我们对待她要格外小心 |
[04:16] | Hmm. Truth be told, I actually feel sorry for her. | 说实话 我挺替她惋惜的 |
[04:20] | She has suffered a very public fall. | 她的名誉一落千丈 |
[04:22] | She must be carrying all kinds of guilt | 有人听从她的建议 结果血本无归 |
[04:25] | about the people who lost their savings following her advice. | 她心里肯定充满了负罪感 |
[04:29] | You know, perhaps I should have a talk with her. | 也许我该和她谈谈 |
[04:32] | I wondered how long it would take. | 我还挺好奇需要多久 |
[04:36] | – What? – For you to make your move. | – 什么 – 你才会对她下手 |
[04:39] | Hey, I thought there were some sparks | 我也觉得你俩之间 |
[04:41] | – between you two. – What’re you talking about? | – 擦出了些火花 – 你俩说什么呢 |
[04:43] | Don’t play innocent. She is right up your alley. | 别给我装无辜 她绝对是你的菜 |
[04:48] | Smart, tough, | 聪明又彪悍 |
[04:50] | total bitch. | 就是个泼妇 |
[04:54] | You can’t wait to break through that wall and rescue her. | 你等不及想要破墙而去 英雄救美 |
[04:57] | – Oh, Roz, you couldn’t be more off the mark. – Typical man. | – 噢 Roz 你真是大错特错 – 典型的男人 |
[05:01] | You always want to get in there and rescue us, | 凡事都想掺和进来 英雄救美 |
[05:04] | but the minute things get messy, you just can’t handle it. | 一旦事情变得混乱就应付不了 |
[05:09] | Ha! Women want us to think that they’re tough, | 哈 女人表面上装得很坚强 |
[05:11] | and then all of a sudden, | 突然之间 |
[05:13] | – they get needy. – Men are like, | – 又变得很粘人 – 男人总是 |
[05:15] | “Come on baby, you can lean on me, oops, gotta go.” | “来呀宝贝 你可以依靠我 抱歉 有事得走了” |
[05:19] | Yeah, women are like “Get away, get away. Don’t leave me!” | 是啊 女人总是”走开 走开 别离开我” |
[05:22] | Here’s men | 男人是这样 |
[05:25] | Here’s women: Me, me, me, me, me… | 女人是这样 “我 我 我” |
[05:29] | All right, stop it, both of you! | 好了 你们俩都别说了 |
[05:34] | – Hello, all. – Hello, Niles. | – 各位好 – 你好 Niles |
[05:37] | – How’s it going? – Oh, we’re just discussing | – 在干嘛呢 – 我们刚刚在聊 |
[05:39] | a new, rather unpleasant colleague of ours. | 一位奇葩新同事呢 |
[05:42] | Be thankful you’re self-employed. | 你就庆幸你是自己开诊所的吧 |
[05:44] | You don’t have to deal with these headaches. | 不用处理这些头疼事 |
[05:46] | Oh, not so. | 噢 并不是这样 |
[05:47] | I was hoping to come here and complain about my office remodel. | 我来是想吐槽办公室的改建 |
[05:49] | I’m annexing the dermatologist’s office next door, | 我吞并了隔壁皮肤科医生的办公室 |
[05:50] | and in a cheap irony, | 更讽刺的是 |
[05:52] | my skin is breaking out. | 我爆皮了 |
[05:55] | – Your spackle allergy again? – I’m covered with tiny bumps. | – 你的涂料过敏又犯了 – 我浑身都是小疹子 |
[06:00] | It’s worse than the summer | 比那年夏天 |
[06:01] | we added the breakfast nook to the tree house. | 我们在树屋里搭早餐间时还要严重 |
[06:05] | – Could I have my usual, please? Thank you. – There she is! | – 老样子 谢谢 – 她来了 |
[06:08] | Don’t come over, don’t come over, don’t come over. | 别过来 别过来 别过来 |
[06:13] | Oh… look who’s too good for us! | 噢 人家还瞧不上我们呢 |
[06:19] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[06:21] | I think I will go and offer her an olive branch. | 不如我过去 主动和她示好吧 |
[06:25] | – “Me me me me me.” – Oh, stop it. Knock it off. | – “我 我 我” – 噢 停下 别闹了 |
[06:34] | – Hello, Julia. – Hello. | – 你好 Julia – 你好 |
[06:36] | Listen, I, uh… | 听着 我 |
[06:39] | I’m sorry the two of us got off to a bit of a frosty start, | 很抱歉我们之前不欢而散 |
[06:42] | but, uh, I think that in time | 但我想 总有一天 |
[06:44] | we will have a very long and rewarding relationship. | 我们俩会成为良伴益友的 |
[06:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:51] | May I tell you a story? | 能告诉你个故事吗 |
[06:55] | Years ago, I lived in Boston. | 几年前 我住在波士顿 |
[06:57] | I was in private practice then and my life was very good. | 开了家私人诊所 生活十分如意 |
[07:01] | And then my wife left me. | 但紧接着 我太太抛弃了我 |
[07:03] | I ended up on a ledge, | 最终我站在窗台上 |
[07:04] | threatening to throw myself off if she didn’t return to me. | 威胁她说如果不复合我就跳下去 |
[07:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:12] | Well, this got on the news, | 结果这事上了新闻 |
[07:14] | of course, and needless to say, after that, | 当然 不用说 自此之后 |
[07:17] | patients were a little hard to come by. | 基本就没什么人来看病了 |
[07:22] | So… | 所以 |
[07:25] | I just wanted you to know | 我想告诉你 |
[07:26] | that I too have suffered a very public setback. | 我也经历过公关危机 |
[07:30] | Oh, I get it. | 噢 我懂了 |
[07:31] | – You’re letting me know I’m not alone. – Exactly. | – 你是想告诉我 我不是一个人 – 没错 |
[07:35] | – And now we can be friends. | – 然后现在我们可以做朋友了 |
[07:37] | – Well, if that’s how you feel. | – 如果你的感受也是如此 |
[07:40] | Let’s see, how do I feel? Well, it’s sort of like on your show | 让我想想 我的感受 这就像是在你的节目上 |
[07:44] | when you call people at home to give them advice. | 你往别人家里打电话 然后提出忠告 |
[07:46] | Well, actually, I don’t call them, they call me. | 实际上 不是我往别人家里打电话 是人家打给我 |
[07:49] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[07:58] | Well. | 好吧 |
[08:01] | Good day, then. | 那就 祝好 |
[08:06] | Why would you let Niles bring all his patients to your home? | 你为什么会同意Niles在家里坐诊 |
[08:09] | It’s only a couple more weeks until his office is finished. | 也就几个礼拜 直到办公室整改完 |
[08:12] | Well, I sure wouldn’t want to have all those crazies over. | 我是不想惹上那些麻烦事 |
[08:15] | I mean, what if one of them starts screaming obscenities | 万一碰上哪个病人破口大骂 |
[08:19] | or running through the house naked. | 或者在屋子里裸奔怎么办 |
[08:21] | Mum already did that when England lost in the World Cup. | 英格兰队输掉世界杯时 妈妈就这么做过了 |
[08:27] | – Hello all. – Hello. How was the Wine Expo? – Horrible! | – 各位好 – 你好 葡萄酒展览会怎么样 – 糟透了 |
[08:32] | – Frasier ran into a fan. | – Frasier撞上了一位粉丝 |
[08:33] | – Ow, that smarts! | – 哇 可疼了吧 |
[08:35] | – Yes, Dad. | – 是的 老爸 |
[08:36] | You have been using that same old joke for the last ten years. | 这个玩笑你已经开了十年了 |
[08:41] | So, anyway, I ran into this fan… | 接着说 我撞上的这位粉丝 |
[08:43] | Ouch! Are you okay? | 噢 你没事吧 |
[08:50] | So this woman complimented me | 这位女士称赞夸奖了我一番 |
[08:55] | on my so-called chemistry with that harpy Julia. | 说我和妖女Julia之间有化学反应 |
[08:59] | Have you ever heard anything more preposterous? Good Lord! | 你听说过比这更荒唐的事吗 老天爷啊 |
[09:02] | The woman sneezed once, and I said “Bless you.” | 那女人打了个喷嚏 我说了句”保重” |
[09:05] | That has been the extent of our byplay. | 我们之间就发生了这么点事 |
[09:09] | You’ve been complaining about her so much lately. | 你最近一直在抱怨她啊 |
[09:11] | I’m beginning to wonder if there’s not something deeper there. | 我都开始怀疑是不是另有隐情了 |
[09:14] | I will not even dignify that with a response. | 这事我根本不屑于回应 |
[09:17] | Except to say that you couldn’t be more wrong. | 只想说一句 你真的大错特错了 |
[09:21] | I don’t know, Frasier, she’s certainly attractive. | 我真说不准 Frasier 她的确很吸引人 |
[09:24] | And she’s intelligent, ambitious, | 她有头脑 有志向 |
[09:25] | – tenacious… – Sounds like your perfect woman. | – 又很坚韧 – 听起来和你很配啊 |
[09:28] | She is a cold, insufferable know-it-all! | 她又冷漠又装逼 让人难以忍受 |
[09:31] | And the list goes on and on. | 你们的相同点说也说不完 |
[09:35] | All right, that’s it. No more talking about Julia. | 好了 就这样吧 不再聊Julia了 |
[09:38] | Ooh, | 噢 |
[09:40] | so it’s “Julia” Now! | 开始直呼”Julia”了 |
[09:46] | It has always been “Julia.” That is her name. | 我一直叫她”Julia” 这是她的名字 |
[09:50] | She does seem to have you disproportionately upset. | 看起来她让你非比寻常地心烦意乱啊 |
[09:53] | You haven’t been so consumed with one subject | Frasier Crane日之后 |
[09:54] | since Frasier Crane Day. | 还没见过你这么沉迷呢 |
[09:58] | Listen, my outrage is completely merited. | 听着 我生气是有理由的 |
[10:02] | That woman is deliberately trying to | 那个女人蓄意 |
[10:03] | undermine my show from within. | 从内部搞垮我的节目 |
[10:05] | I’m sorry to disappoint all of you, | 抱歉让各位失望了 |
[10:07] | …but I have absolutely no feelings | 但我对那女人绝对只有 |
[10:09] | – for that woman except contempt. – There he goes again. | – 鄙视和不屑 – 又来了 |
[10:11] | You know what they say | 你知道人们怎么说 |
[10:12] | – about people who protest too much? – I know | – 那些抗议太多的人吗 – 我知道 |
[10:14] | what you used to say: | 你以前是怎么说的 |
[10:15] | “They should all be tear-gassed!” | “这些人都该尝尝催泪弹的滋味” |
[10:19] | I still think that, you know. | 我现在依旧这么认为 |
[10:25] | Ah, here you are. | 啊 你在这儿 |
[10:27] | Listen… it’s time the two of us had it out. | 听着 我们是时候摊牌了 |
[10:31] | Ever since you arrived here, | 自从你来到这儿 |
[10:32] | – you have been nothing but condescending and dismissive. | – 就总是一副居高临下不屑一顾的样子 |
[10:34] | – Whatever. | – 随你说吧 |
[10:36] | – There, you did it again. – You know what this is really about. | – 看吧 又来了 – 你知道真正惹到你的是什么吗 |
[10:39] | It’s about you losing 15 minutes from your precious show. | 就是我占用了你那宝贵的15分钟 |
[10:42] | What are you talking about? It’s 10 minutes. | 你说啥呢 明明是10分钟 |
[10:44] | Sorry, starting Monday I do the last fifteen minutes of your show | 抱歉 从周一开始 节目的最后15分钟由我主持 |
[10:48] | with a half-hour recap on Fridays. Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 周五再由我做半小时的回顾 现在 失陪一下 |
[10:51] | – I have places to be. – No, I will not excuse you. | – 我还要去别的地方 – 不 别想走 |
[10:54] | – I am reaching out to you here. – Yeah, will you cut that out? | – 我是来找你和解的 – 别来这套好吗 |
[10:57] | It’s like you’re trying to make me your special project. | 更像是你把我的事当成了你的特别活动 |
[11:00] | Why don’t you just adopt a cat or something? | 有这闲工夫 干嘛不养只猫 |
[11:02] | As your colleague, I do not deserve to be treated this way. | 作为你的同事 我不该受到如此对待 |
[11:07] | Oh, no. We are hardly “Colleagues.” | 噢 不 我们算不上”同事” |
[11:09] | I deliver the news and you’re a… | 我播报新闻 而你只是 |
[11:12] | Magic Eight Ball with a Harvard degree. | 拿了个哈佛学位的算命先生 |
[11:16] | I will not be belittled by a half-educated, | 我才不会让你这个半文盲 |
[11:19] | money-grubbing parvenu! | 财迷暴发户贬低我 |
[11:21] | As opposed to some foreign-speaking windbag? | 你这说着鸟语的话匣子也敢这么说我 |
[11:24] | That makes you an insecure fraud! | 你就是个毫无信誉的江湖骗子 |
[11:26] | You are a pompous blowhard! | 你是成天忽悠人的吹牛大王 |
[11:27] | – Harridan! – Know-it-all! – Shrew! – Snob! | – 老巫婆 – 装逼男 – 泼妇 – 势利眼 |
[11:30] | – Are you as turned on as I am? – What?! | – 你是不是也有点性奋 – 什么 |
[11:33] | No!! Ohh!! | 没有 噢 |
[11:35] | – Did you just come on to me? – What? | – 你刚刚是在调戏我吗 – 什么 |
[11:36] | No… No… I thought… I thought that you… | 不 不 我以为 我以为你 |
[11:38] | Oh! How could you think I was turned on? What, are you sick? | 噢 你为什么会觉得我很性奋 你有病吧 |
[11:42] | Hey, hey, hey, hey! Let’s all calm down here. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 冷静冷静 |
[11:44] | – Are you crazy? – I apologized! I… I… | – 你疯了吗 – 我道歉 我 |
[11:55] | – Hi, guys! – Oh, hi, Dr. Crane…! | – 嘿 各位 – 噢 嗨 Crane医生 |
[12:03] | – They hate me, don’t they? – Can you blame them? | – 他们恨死我了吧 – 你能怪他们吗 |
[12:05] | Because of you, they have to | 就是因为你 他们必须 |
[12:07] | come in here for this sexual harassment seminar. | 参加这次预防性骚扰研讨会 |
[12:09] | – I know. I have apologized till I’m blue in the face. – I know. | – 我知道 我已经道过无数次歉了 – 我知道 |
[12:12] | But Legal wants us covered | 但是法务部想让我们这么做 |
[12:14] | in case Julia tries to come after us. Maybe you’ve heard: | 以防Julia起诉我们 你可能听到过 |
[12:16] | she loves suing people’s asses off. | 她最喜欢把人告个屁股朝天了 |
[12:20] | I’m going to miss saying “Asses.” | 我会怀念这段能说”屁股”的时光的 |
[12:24] | After today, I guess it’s back to “Patootie.” | 从今以后 大概要回到说”屁屁”的日子了 |
[12:28] | Thanks a lot, Doc. | 谢谢你啊 医生 |
[12:36] | Hi, welcome. Please take a workbook. | 嗨 欢迎 拿本手册吧 |
[12:44] | – Hey, Frasier! Thanks for ruining my weekend. – Oh, Roz… | – 嘿 Frasier 十分感谢你毁了我的周末 – 噢 Roz |
[12:49] | come on, you know it was just a mistake. What do you think I am, | 拜托 你知道那是个误会 你不会真以为我是 |
[12:53] | – some kind of disgusting Lothario? – Hey, there’s my man! | – 那种恶心下流的色狼吗 – 嘿 老兄 好样的 |
[12:57] | – Welcome. Please take a workbook. – Got an old one. | – 欢迎 拿本手册吧 – 旧的还在 |
[13:01] | Hey! I know you’re down. Don’t sweat it. Rookie mistake. | 嘿 我知道你很失落 但别担心 低级错误嘛 |
[13:05] | By the way, the chick at the coffee table’s | 顺便告诉你 咖啡桌旁 |
[13:06] | got her high beams on. | 那小妞凸点了哟 |
[13:23] | Okay, people let’s get this started. | 好了 各位 现在开始吧 |
[13:25] | Uh, first of all, I apologize for | 首先 很抱歉今天 |
[13:27] | bringing everyone in here today, but uh, to make it up to you, | 召集各位来此 但是 为了补偿大家 |
[13:29] | everybody attending today will get a free mouse pad. How’s that? | 在场各位都将免费得到鼠标垫一个 怎么样 |
[13:33] | It sucks! | 垃圾 |
[13:35] | – All right, who said that? – I did! | – 好了 谁说的 – 我说的 |
[13:39] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[13:41] | – Now, I don’t want to blame anyone… – Frasier! | – 听着 我不想指责任何人 – Frasier |
[13:46] | …but Legal says that we have to do this, | 但是法务部说我们非做不可 |
[13:48] | so here’s Van Andrews from Harassment Solutions. | 这位是专门处理性骚扰的Van Andrews |
[13:54] | Okay, guys. I’m Van. I’ll be your facilitator, | 好的 同志们 我是Van 各位的辅导员 |
[13:58] | and if you could just open up your workbooks, | 请各位打开手册 |
[14:01] | we’ll get started on | 我们将告诉各位 |
[14:02] | building a truly gender-neutral workplace, okay? | 如何创建一个中性的工作环境 |
[14:07] | Now, who wants to meet my… | 现在 有人想要认识一下我的 |
[14:10] | puppets? | 玩偶吗 |
[14:24] | Wow, this is great! | 哇 真好 |
[14:26] | I like coming over to your house. It’s really nice. | 我喜欢来你家 真的很舒服 |
[14:30] | – Thanks. – So, maybe you could come over to my house next week, | – 谢谢 – 下礼拜你可以来我家嘛 |
[14:33] | since we’re doing stuff at each other’s houses now. | 既然我们现在到了可以去对方家里的阶段了 |
[14:37] | Uh, thanks for the offer, Steve, but this isn’t a social call. | 呃 谢谢提议 Steve 但我们不是在社交 |
[14:39] | We’re having our regular session. | 你在定期接受我的治疗 |
[14:41] | I really want this to feel just like the office. | 我希望你把这里当成办公室 |
[14:43] | Okay, uh, well, I’ve been having my dream again… | 好的 呃 我又做恶梦了 |
[14:49] | – Yes? – Sorry to interrupt, Dr. Crane, | – 请进 – 抱歉打扰了 Crane医生 |
[14:51] | but I’ve got to run these toilet fixtures past you. | 但我得和你确认一下马桶设备 |
[14:54] | Your wife said you’d definitely want to be consulted about that. | 你太太说一定要询问你的意见 |
[14:58] | I never pictured you having a bathroom! | 我从没想过你竟然有卫生间 |
[15:04] | – Uh, it isn’t a good time. – I’m sorry, | – 呃 现在不是时候 – 抱歉 |
[15:06] | I didn’t realize your session had begun. | 我不知道你已经开始了 |
[15:09] | Why don’t you just wait in the living room? | 不如你先去客厅等一下 |
[15:11] | Okay, but just so you know, | 好的 但要先告诉你 |
[15:12] | the heated seat you want’s on back order. | 你要的加热马桶坐要延期发货了 |
[15:16] | Again, I’m sorry, Niles, | 再次跟你道歉 Niles |
[15:18] | but while I have you here, do you want anything | 不过既然我来了 要帮你去超市 |
[15:19] | -…from the shops? – No, I’m good. – Okay, then, I’m off. | – 买点什么吗 – 不用了 我很好 – 好的 那我走了 |
[15:23] | Happy therapy! | 治疗愉快 |
[15:31] | – So, back to your dream… – Your wife seems nice. | – 接着说你的梦 – 你太太看起来人很好 |
[15:35] | She’s foreign. That’s weird. | 她是外国人 有点奇怪啊 |
[15:39] | But then I guess it shouldn’t be. | 但我想应该也没什么 |
[15:40] | I mean it only makes sense that you have a wife, and a bathroom | 你有个老婆 有个卫生间 再正常不过了 |
[15:44] | and you probably have a bed and laundry and | 你应该也有张床 洗衣房 还有 |
[15:47] | -… that thing I can’t talk about. – Refrigerator. – Right. | – 我说不出口的那个东西 – 冰箱 – 没错 |
[15:53] | Okay, well, we’re not really here | 好的 我们不是来 |
[15:54] | to learn about my life, we’re here | 讨论我的生活的 我们是来 |
[15:56] | …to talk about you, so back to your dream. | 聊聊你的梦的 所以 说回你的梦 |
[15:58] | Okay, well, I’m in this forest… | 好的 我在树林里 |
[16:02] | Do you want to get that, or…? | 你要接电话吗 还是 |
[16:03] | No, nope it’s okay, the machine will get it. | 不 没关系 答录机会接的 |
[16:05] | Now remember, as we discussed, the forest could be | 记住 我们讨论过的 树林可能 |
[16:08] | a symbol of uncharted territory. It could be… | 代表着未知邻域 也有可能 |
[16:12] | “Nobody’s home. | “没人在家 |
[16:14] | Nobody’s home. | 没人在家 |
[16:18] | Nobody’s home, nobody’s home, nobody’s home. | 没人在家 没人在家 没人在家 |
[16:21] | Nobody’s home, nobody’s home, nobody’s home. | 没人在家 没人在家 没人在家 |
[16:24] | We’ll call you back if | 我们会回电的 |
[16:26] | you leave your number after you hear the…” | 请在滴声后留下电话” |
[16:37] | So, um, next week at your place! | 那么 下礼拜去你家 |
[16:43] | Okay, Bulldog, in this exercise we’re going to pretend | 好了 Bulldog 接下来我们将假设 |
[16:47] | that you have an attraction to Roz. Is that okay? | 你被Roz吸引了 好吗 |
[16:51] | Well, Van, I feel a little uncomfortable | 好的 Van 不过对于侵犯她的私人领域 |
[16:53] | about violating her personal space, | 我感到不太舒服 |
[16:56] | even for role playing, but… okay. | 哪怕只是角色扮演 但 没关系 |
[17:01] | – Okay, Roz. – Bring it on! | – 好了 Roz – 放马过来 |
[17:05] | Okay, go! | 好 开始 |
[17:07] | Good morning, Roz. You’re looking professional today. | 早上好 Roz 你今天看起来特别专业 |
[17:13] | Thank you, Bulldog, you’re looking professional today also. | 谢谢 Bulldog 你今天看起来也很专业 |
[17:17] | Thank you. After work, would you care to join me for a coffee | 谢谢 下班以后 能否赏脸和我一起喝杯咖啡 |
[17:21] | or non-stimulating beverage? | 或者不刺激的饮料 |
[17:24] | Please note that you retain the option to say no. | 请注意 你有权说不 |
[17:26] | Excellent, Bulldog. | 很好 Bulldog |
[17:28] | – Roz? – Thank you, Bulldog, for your offer, | – Roz – 谢谢你的提议 Bulldog |
[17:32] | but I’m uncomfortable with it, | 但我觉得有些别扭 |
[17:34] | as I would prefer to cut my own arm off and eat it. | 因为我宁可把手臂切了然后吃掉 |
[17:41] | – Can I have a turn with her? – Nope, sorry buddy. | – 能让我也试一下吗 – 不行 抱歉哥们 |
[17:43] | She’s not your property. It’s up to Van! | 她可不是你说了算的 Van才能决定 |
[17:46] | – I want a turn! – Sit down, Noel. | – 我也想要试一下 – 坐下 Noel |
[17:48] | Oh, what are you going to do, | 噢 你能怎么着 |
[17:49] | – huh? What are you going to do? – Guys, | – 嗯 你想怎么着 – 两位 |
[17:50] | guys, let’s keep our dialogue constructive, okay. | 两位 我们这是在教学 好吗 |
[17:54] | – I think we’re done here. – Oh, great. | – 我觉得可以了 – 噢 太好了 |
[17:56] | Why don’t you go ahead and… have a seat. | 下去找个位子坐吧 |
[18:01] | – Um, I’d like to say something. – Okay, go ahead, Gil. | – 我想说几句 – 好的 说吧 Gil |
[18:11] | From the bottom of my heart, | 我发自内心的 |
[18:13] | I apologize for my wandering eye over the years. | 为我这几年的东瞄西瞟道歉 |
[18:17] | Those whom I mentally undressed, and… | 对那些被我意淫着扒光衣服 还有 |
[18:20] | you know who you are… | 你们知道自己是谁 |
[18:23] | …all I can say – and | 我知道我的辩解有些苍白 |
[18:24] | it’s a poor defense – is that I was a product | 我只能说 我只不过是受到了 |
[18:26] | of the thoughtless machismo of my times. | 那个年代盛行的无脑大男子主义的影响 |
[18:29] | – Thank you, Gil. – But know this: | – 谢谢你 Gil – 但请记住 |
[18:32] | Gil isn’t about to stop loving the ladies. | Gil对女士们的爱不会停止 |
[18:38] | Thank you, Gil. I think they like to be called “Women” Now. | 谢谢你 Gil 但我想现在她们更喜欢被称作”女人” |
[18:41] | Huh. Do they ever! | 嗯 是才怪了 |
[18:47] | How much longer do we have to sit for this nonsense? | 我们还要坐在这儿废话多久 |
[18:50] | Well, Frasier, since you’re the one who brought us here today, | Frasier 既然这次是你惹出来的麻烦 |
[18:53] | maybe you’d like to take a turn in the warm seat, hmm? | 不如你也上来来试一试 |
[18:57] | Julia, would you be comfortable in helping Frasier | Julia 你愿不愿意帮助Frasier |
[18:59] | learn how he could have related to you | 学会如何与你 |
[19:01] | in a more office-appropriate manner? | 建立恰当的同事关系 |
[19:05] | Julia Uh, Julia? | |
[19:07] | She’s playing solitaire on her palm pilot, Van. | 她在掌上电脑打接龙呢 Van |
[19:11] | Oh, all right. | 噢 好吧 |
[19:20] | Okay, in this “No-fault” Rewind, | 好的 情景重现 不追究责任 |
[19:24] | let’s find out how Frasier assaulted you. | 让我们来看看当时Frasier是怎么骚扰你的 |
[19:28] | I did not assault her. | 我没有骚扰她 |
[19:30] | I simply expressed unhappiness | 我只是想表达我的不悦 |
[19:31] | that she was taking 15 minutes from my show. | 因为她占用了我节目里的15分钟 |
[19:34] | She responded by belittling my profession. | 而她用贬低我职业的方式予以回应 |
[19:37] | And then he called me | 然后他用好几个词语 |
[19:37] | a couple of names and asked if I was turned on. | 辱骂我 然后问我性奋吗 |
[19:41] | Okay, gang, where did Frasier go wrong? | 好了 各位 Frasier错在哪里 |
[19:46] | – Bulldog? – People stopped saying “Turned on” Twenty years ago. | – Bulldog – 二十年前就没人用”性奋”这个词了 |
[19:50] | No, look, look! I just misread her… | 不 听着 我只是误解了 |
[19:54] | her signals. I thought that her hostility was | 她的意思 我以为她对我的敌意 |
[19:58] | – …displaced attraction. – No, it was just hostility. | – 隐藏着对我的好感 – 不 只有敌意 |
[20:01] | Well, of course it was, | 是啊 当然是 |
[20:02] | that’s all there is to you. | 对你来说仅此而已 |
[20:04] | Ever since you arrived at this station | 自从你来到台里 |
[20:05] | we have reached out to you in friendship | 我们主动向你示好 希望和你交朋友 |
[20:07] | and all we’ve gotten in return is arrogance | 而你回应我们的只有傲慢 |
[20:09] | – and unbridled rudeness. – It’s not rudeness, | – 还有放肆和粗鲁 – 那不是粗鲁 |
[20:12] | it’s indifference. | 只是不感兴趣而已 |
[20:13] | I’m sorry I’m not joining your bowling team, | 抱歉我没有加入你们的保龄球队 |
[20:15] | but this is just a pit stop for me. I do not intend on | 但这里对我而言只是个歇脚处 我并不打算 |
[20:19] | spending the rest of my life at a station | 在一个吸尘器一开就得停工的电台 |
[20:20] | that cuts out whenever the janitor vacuums! | 花上我下半辈子的工夫 |
[20:24] | – No offense! – None taken. | – 无意冒犯 – 没关系 |
[20:27] | And I don’t even know why we’re here. | 我甚至不知道我们为什么在这 |
[20:29] | I’m not going to sue your stupid station. | 我没打算起诉你们这个小破台 |
[20:30] | – I mean, how pathetic would that look? – How dare you? | – 那得多悲哀啊 – 你怎么敢这么说 |
[20:34] | At KACL, we are a family. | 在KACL 我们是一家人 |
[20:35] | Every person in this room respects one another… | 这个房间里的每一个人都相互尊重 |
[20:38] | No, no, no, hold on a second, Doc, I’ll handle this. | 不 不 不 等一下 医生 我来解决 |
[20:42] | You mentioned something about not suing us. | 你刚刚说不会起诉我们 |
[20:43] | Would you put that in writing? | 能白纸黑字写下来吗 |
[20:44] | – If it gets us out of here. – Sure, that should satisfy Legal. | – 这样就能走了吗 – 当然 法务部会很满意的 |
[20:49] | Okay, wait, wait. This course isn’t about Legal! | 好吧 等下 等下 这次课程可不是为了法务部开的 |
[20:53] | Okay, it’s about making respecting each other’s personhood fun. | 好吗 是为了教导各位尊重他人的个人乐趣 |
[20:56] | – Up yours!! – Who said that? -I did! | – 去你的 – 谁说的 – 我说的 |
[21:06] | You know, you can act as tough as you want, | 不管你外表装得有多坚强 |
[21:09] | but I see through you. | 我也能一眼看穿你 |
[21:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:13] | You’re not in the big leagues anymore. Blame it on the market. | 你已经不再是行业顶尖了 怪市场也好 |
[21:17] | Blame it on bad luck. | 怪霉运也好 |
[21:19] | But somewhere in the back of your head is that nagging voice | 但你脑子里总有个声音念叨 |
[21:21] | that keeps saying maybe you weren’t good enough. | 不断提醒你也许是自己还不够好 |
[21:25] | And now that you’re here, | 现在既然你到这来了 |
[21:26] | you won’t form relationships, | 你不愿意交朋友 |
[21:28] | you keep everybody at arm’s length, | 和大家保持着距离 |
[21:29] | anything to convince yourself that this is just a stop along the way. | 这一切不过是想说服自己 这只是个歇脚处 |
[21:34] | And above it all, | 不仅如此 |
[21:36] | I think you’re terrified that you’re going to fail here too. | 我猜你很害怕会在这里再次失败 |
[21:42] | Then what do I know? | 不过我又知道什么呢 |
[21:44] | I’m just a Magic Eight Ball with a Harvard… | 我不过就是个算命先生 恰好有哈佛 |
[21:48] | and Oxford degree. | 以及牛津学位 |
[21:55] | It’s forty-five past the hour, | 现在已经过去45分钟了 |
[21:57] | which means it’s time once again for | 这意味着又到了 |
[21:58] | the woman who… is known as Julia Wilcox. | 特别的 Julia Wilcox时间 |
[22:03] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[22:04] | Another up day for the markets, but first these words | 今日股市继续上扬 但先听听 |
[22:07] | from Patriot Credit Consolidators. | 爱国者信用债务整合机构是怎么说的 |
[22:09] | How many times do I have to tell you, | 我要和你说几次 |
[22:11] | you need to get a comfortable chair in here? | 你得放张舒服的椅子在这儿 |
[22:13] | – My leg keeps falling asleep while I’m on the air. – Who doesn’t? | – 直播的时候我腿都麻了 – 谁不是啊 |
[22:23] | Frasier… perhaps if you’re at Nervosa later, I could… | Frasier 如果你一会儿去Nervosa的话 我可以 |
[22:28] | join you for a cup of coffee or a non-stimulating beverage? | 和你一起喝杯咖啡或者点杯不刺激的饮料 |
[22:35] | Please note that you retain the option to say no. | 请注意 你有权利说不 |
[22:39] | I appreciate that, | 谢谢邀请 |
[22:41] | and in time I believe that we will be able to establish | 我相信有一天 我们会建立起 |
[22:45] | a collegial relationship. | 一段友好的同事关系 |
[22:48] | However, I think we should | 但是 我想我们应该 |
[22:49] | both acknowledge the feelings of hostility | 承认彼此之间的敌意 |
[22:51] | – …that remain between us… – Oh, just say no. | – 依旧存在 – 噢 不去就直说 |
[22:53] | – Honestly, do you ever shut up? – Now, see here, I… | – 讲真 你不会闭嘴吗 – 听着 我 |
[22:55] | The rich got richer today on Wall Street. Not news ordinarily, | 华尔街的富人是越来越有钱了 虽然不是新鲜事 |
[22:58] | but after their recent slide, today’s rally in large cap | 但股市经历了下滑之后 今天大型股的反弹 |
[23:02] | does take on a certain “Man bites dog” quality. | 确实如”人咬狗”般非比寻常 |
[23:05] | Speaking of dogs… | 说到狗 |