时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Sorry. I’m a nervous flyer. | 对不起 我一坐飞机就紧张 |
[00:18] | Yes, I see. | 看得出来 |
[00:20] | Oh, you’re white as a sheet. | 你都已经吓得脸色惨白了 |
[00:22] | No, actually, I’m always this pale. | 不是吓得 其实我一直都这么白 |
[00:26] | My ex-wife used to say she could tell | 我前妻说过 |
[00:28] | when I was embarrassed because I’d turn off-white. | 我一尴尬她就知道了 因为尴尬的时候我就不白了 |
[00:32] | I can empathize. Sometimes after a late night, | 深有同感 有时候熬完一夜过后 |
[00:36] | I covered my under-eye circles with Liquid Paper. | 我得用修正液遮黑眼圈 |
[00:41] | So are you traveling to Seattle for business or pleasure? | 你来西雅图是工作之需还是纯玩儿 |
[00:44] | Both, hopefully. | 但愿能兼顾 |
[00:45] | I’m relocating for work. How about you? | 我在找新的工作地点 你呢 |
[00:48] | I need to ask an old friend for a favor. | 我来找老朋友帮个忙 |
[00:52] | It’s a long trip just to ask for a favor. | 只是帮忙的话 你也太费周折了 |
[00:54] | It’s a big favor. | 是个大忙 |
[00:57] | Well, I hope your friend complies. | 但愿你朋友能帮到你 |
[00:59] | It’ll take some work, but I’ll get what I want. | 得费点事 不过我会得到我想要的东西的 |
[01:03] | Oh, dear. You two look awfully pale. | 我的天啊 你俩面色也太惨白了 |
[01:07] | Can I bring you something? | 我能帮你们拿些什么吗 |
[01:09] | Not unless you have any extra melanin lying around. | 没有多余的黑色素就算了 |
[01:15] | – You should be a comedian. – I’ve thought about it. | – 你该去当喜剧演员 – 我也想过 |
[01:26] | Dad? Dad, Dad! What? Are you hiding? | 爸 老爸 老爸 怎么了 你躲什么 |
[01:33] | I heard the key in the door, | 我听到钥匙开门的声音 |
[01:34] | I thought Lilith might be with you. | 还以为Lilith和你一起回来了 |
[01:37] | What’s she coming for anyway? | 她到底来干什么 |
[01:39] | Well, I don’t really know. | 我也不知道 |
[01:40] | She… she said she was flying across the country | 她得横跨整个美国过来 |
[01:42] | to ask me about something that was important. | 问我一些重要的事 |
[01:45] | She’s being very mysterious about it. | 搞得老神秘了 |
[01:47] | Is that her? | 那是她吗 |
[01:48] | Well, no. No, Dad, I’m not seeing her until tomorrow. | 不是不是 老爸 我明天才见她 |
[01:50] | Well, let me know when she’s coming, will you? | 她快来的时候和我说一声 好吗 |
[01:52] | So I can come up with an excuse to clear out. | 我好找好理由闪人 |
[01:54] | Because I’m not good at winging it. | 我不太擅长临场发挥 |
[01:57] | Oh, Lilith. Hi. | Lilith 你好 |
[02:01] | – Look who’s here, Dad. – Hello, Martin. | – 看看谁来了 老爸 – 你好 Martin |
[02:05] | Oh, time to go… practice my signature. | 我得走了 要练签名 |
[02:10] | Please, come on in, Lilith. | 请进 Lilith |
[02:12] | So, I didn’t think I was going to be seeing you ’til tomorrow. | 我以为我要等到明天才见得到你 |
[02:15] | Yes, I know that was the plan, | 是的 是这么打算的 |
[02:16] | but I just had to stop by on my way to the hotel. | 但是我得在去酒店前过来拜访一下 |
[02:19] | What I’m here to talk to you about | 我想告诉你的事 |
[02:20] | is not something one just drops on another person. | 不是随随便便能说出口的 |
[02:24] | Please. | 请坐 |
[02:28] | Frasier, recently, a subconscious yearning | Frasier 最近 我潜意识里的渴望 |
[02:34] | has tunneled its way to the surface, and… | 已经逐渐浮出水面了 |
[02:37] | I now know what it is I need in order to make my life complete. | 我现在知道我需要什么来完整我的人生 |
[02:42] | Well, that’s wonderful news. How can I help? | 好消息啊 我要怎么帮你 |
[02:44] | You can give me your sperm. | 你可以把你的精子给我 |
[02:54] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[02:57] | I want to have another baby. | 我想再生个孩子 |
[02:59] | Well, you certainly don’t need me for that. | 这你肯定不用我来帮你 |
[03:02] | Surely someone in Boston must have sperm. | 波士顿肯定有人有精子 |
[03:07] | I came to you first | 我首先来找你 |
[03:08] | so that Frederick could have a full sibling. | 因为这样Frederick就能有一个亲弟弟或亲妹妹了 |
[03:10] | So, just like that we’re going to have another baby together. | 就是说我们就得一起再生个孩子 |
[03:13] | No, no. Not just like that. | 不仅如此 |
[03:15] | I mapped out our dominant and recessive traits on a genome square, | 我在基因组图上模拟了我们的显性和隐性特征 |
[03:19] | applied Mendel’s laws, allowed for anomalies | 根据孟德尔法则 把变异考虑在内 |
[03:21] | and concluded that you are the best biological choice. | 得出结论 从生理角度来说你是最佳人选 |
[03:27] | I see. Well, as enticed as I am by your honeyed words, | 我懂了 我已经被你的甜言蜜语所诱惑 |
[03:34] | I’m gonna need some kissin’. | 但我还需要几个香吻来说服我 |
[03:39] | Frasier, don’t misunderstand, | Frasier 别误会 |
[03:40] | I’m not proposing any change in our relationship. | 我并不是在提议改变我们的关系 |
[03:43] | Would we… sleep together? | 我们不要上床吗 |
[03:46] | I thought we’d freeze your sperm. | 我的想法是冷冻你的精子 |
[03:50] | Is that a “Yes” Or a “No”? | 那是”上”还是”不上” |
[03:59] | Natural fertilization isn’t practical. | 原始的受精方式不现实 |
[04:01] | I’d have to fly to Seattle every time I ovulate. | 那样每次我排卵的时候 都得飞来西雅图 |
[04:04] | Right, okay. So, then your plan is… | 好吧 好 那你的打算就是 |
[04:06] | for me to visit some local doctor, | 我找个本地医生 |
[04:10] | freeze my essence and then bring it home with you. | 冷冻我的精华 然后给你带回家 |
[04:13] | Correct. I’ll take mine “To go”. | 没错 “打包”带走 |
[04:19] | I don’t know. I… I’m gonna have to think about it. | 不好说 我得考虑一下 |
[04:22] | Yes, of course, absolutely. Think about it, | 当然 肯定的 你考虑吧 |
[04:24] | – …and you can give me your answer tomorrow. – Okay. | – 明天答复我 – 好的 |
[04:28] | You can come back from around the corner now, Martin. | 你可以从角落里出来了 Martin |
[04:32] | – Good night, Lilith. – Good night. | – 晚安 Lilith – 晚安 |
[04:39] | You were eavesdropping? | 你在偷听 |
[04:41] | It was an accident, and I only heard the part | 无心之过 我也只听到 |
[04:42] | about her wanting to have another baby with you. | 她说想和你生孩子那段 |
[04:46] | She completely threw me. | 她根本没把我算进育儿计划里 |
[04:48] | Well, I don’t know why you’re so surprised. | 我不懂你为什么一脸吃惊 |
[04:50] | She’s seen what the Crane genes can do | 她知道Crane家的基因有多好 |
[04:52] | and she’s coming back to the well. | 所以就回到”水井”求”水”了 |
[04:57] | How does one respond to something like that? | 我该怎么回答这样的请求啊 |
[04:59] | Well, I bet if you say “No”, she’ll go to Niles. | 我打赌 你要是说”不” 她就会去找Niles |
[05:01] | Really, it’s just so self-centered. | 还真是 她也太自我了 |
[05:03] | I mean, she’s got this all figured out for herself | 她所有的一切都是为自己考虑 |
[05:05] | without the slightest consideration for my life. | 一点都没为我的人生着想 |
[05:07] | And Niles’ll say “No” for sure, | Niles肯定会说”不”的 |
[05:11] | which means only one thing. | 也就意味着一件事 |
[05:15] | She’ll come to the source. | 她会追根溯源 |
[05:18] | Me. | 找我 |
[05:21] | The fountainhead. | “水”源 |
[05:24] | – What? – Can you imagine? | – 什么 – 简直不敢想 |
[05:26] | Lilith’s and my kid would be | Lilith和我的孩子会是 |
[05:27] | brothers to you and Niles AND Freddie. | 你 Niles和Freddie的弟弟 |
[05:31] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[05:33] | And if you and Lilith got back together, | 如果你和Lilith和好 |
[05:35] | you’d be his step-father and his brother, | 你就成了那孩子的继父兼哥哥 |
[05:38] | and Niles would be your son… | Niles就成了你儿子 |
[05:41] | and his own uncle. | 兼他自己的叔叔 |
[05:45] | It’s almost worth doing just so that I can tell the story. | 要是能讲这么个故事 这事儿还挺值的 |
[05:54] | Oh, hi, Niles. Did Daphne and her mom get off okay? | Niles 你好啊 Daphne和她妈出发了吗 |
[05:56] | Yes. They picked up Roz and Alice an hour ago. | 嗯 她们一个小时前去接Roz和Alice了 |
[05:59] | Although, how they’re going to get all the way | 不过她们要怎么忍着厮杀的冲动 |
[06:01] | to Canada without killing each other, I don’t know. | 顺利到达加拿大 我就不得而知了 |
[06:03] | Why did they have to go so far? | 她们为什么要跑那么远 |
[06:05] | Well, that was my idea. | 是我的主意啦 |
[06:06] | I read that Canadian Fun Country is one of the best amusement parks | 我看到加拿大趣味王国是加拿大不列颠哥伦比亚省 |
[06:09] | in southeastern British Columbia. | 东南部最棒的游乐园之一 |
[06:11] | Well, I’m just saying Daphne’s mom should be careful, you know. | 好吧 我只是觉得Daphne她妈应该注意一点 |
[06:14] | If you’re here on a temporary visa, | 如果你在这儿拿的是暂时签证 |
[06:16] | sometimes people have a difficult time getting back into the country. | 有时候就不那么容易回来了 |
[06:18] | That hadn’t occurred to me, Frasier. | 我怎么没想到呢 Frasier |
[06:22] | Well, seeing as how you’re single, | 看你一个人孤伶伶的 |
[06:23] | I’d invite you to join me for dinner, | 我本该邀请你共进晚餐 |
[06:24] | but I’m meeting with Lilith tonight… | 但是今晚我要和Lilith见面 |
[06:26] | – …on a matter of some delicacy. – Dad told me. | – 说一件很微妙的事 – 老爸和我说了 |
[06:30] | Now listen, don’t feel obligated because she’s buying you dinner. | 听着 不要因为晚饭她付的钱就觉得你有义务回报 |
[06:36] | Truth be told, Niles, I hadn’t ruled it out entirely. | 说真的 Niles 我还没完全否决这件事 |
[06:40] | It would be nice to have another child. | 再要个孩子也未尝不可 |
[06:41] | And Lilith is a wonderful mother. | Lilith也是个很棒的母亲 |
[06:45] | It’s just that, well, is it right to create a human being | 只是 和一个无法结婚的人生孩子 |
[06:49] | with a woman to whom you couldn’t stand being married? | 到底对不对呢 |
[06:52] | Well, I’m behind you whatever decision you make, | 不管你怎么决定我都支持你 |
[06:55] | – the right one or the crazy one. – Thank you. | – 不管还是正确还是疯狂的决定 – 谢谢 |
[06:59] | Excuse me, may I have an espresso? | 不好意思 来杯意式浓缩咖啡 |
[07:01] | And… what have you got here? | 你手上是什么 |
[07:02] | Oh, some snapshots from last summer at the beach. | 去年夏天在海滩拍的照片 |
[07:04] | Daphne finally got them developed. | Daphne终于拿去洗了 |
[07:06] | Oh, there’s Dad eating that hot dog he dropped in the sand. | 这张里老爸在吃他掉到沙子里的热狗 |
[07:11] | – And you, in your linen beach ensemble. – Very nice, yes. | -还有你 穿着亚麻沙滩套装 -帅极了 |
[07:16] | Well that’s strange. | 奇怪了 |
[07:18] | Daphne said I’d particularly like | Daphne说这叠照片里 |
[07:19] | the last picture on the roll. But, what is it? | 我最喜欢的会是最后一张 但这是什么 |
[07:23] | It’s hard to tell, it’s too dark and blurry. | 看不清啊 又黑又糊 |
[07:26] | Looks like the eye of Jupiter. | 看起来像是木星大红斑 |
[07:28] | Or a slice of pepperoni. | 又像一片香肠切片 |
[07:30] | Is it a flying saucer? | 难道是个飞碟 |
[07:32] | Yes, Niles, it’s a flying saucer. | 没错 Niles 这就是个飞碟 |
[07:34] | Mystery solved, well done. | 谜题揭晓 大功告成 |
[07:37] | Hey, where’d you get the nipple shot? | 你这是在哪儿拍的乳头 |
[07:42] | Good lord! | 老天爷啊 |
[07:46] | You are to erase that from your mind. | 给我把你脑子里的图像删除 |
[07:48] | Is it Daphne? | 是Daphne吗 |
[07:50] | – Nice. – You’re not erasing! Erase! | – 不错啊 – 你删不删 给我删 |
[07:56] | I need to stop again. | 我又要下车了 |
[07:58] | We just stopped. I told you not to get that Big Gulp. | 我们才停过啊 我叫你别买大杯饮料的 |
[08:01] | – But it was only ten cents more. – Punch buggy blue! | – 但是换大杯只多了1毛钱 – 打蓝虫虫 |
[08:04] | – Ow! Dammit! – Language! | – 喔 我擦 – 别说脏话 |
[08:07] | Why does she keep doing that? | 她干嘛老打我 |
[08:09] | – It’s a game. – It hurts. | – 她跟你闹着玩的 – 很痛啊 |
[08:11] | All right, mum. | 够了 妈 |
[08:13] | There’s a gas station right there, I really need to stop. | 那边有个加油站 我真得停一下 |
[08:16] | I can’t get over, you’ll have to wait. | 我过不去 你再忍一会儿 |
[08:18] | But according to this, my bladder | 但是这上面写的 我膀胱里 |
[08:19] | is holding “Thirsty-Two” Ounces of soda. | 已经装了快1000毫升苏打水了 |
[08:22] | – It’s only forty miles. – Punch buggy red. | – 还有40里就到了 – 打红虫虫 |
[08:26] | – Oh! Son of a…! – Language! | – 哎哟 我操你 – 不许说脏话 |
[08:28] | Alice, honey. | Alice 亲爱的 |
[08:30] | Stop hitting Mrs. Moon. She can’t take the punch buggy game. | 别再打Moon奶奶了 她玩不起打虫虫游戏 |
[08:34] | Oh, really? Punch buggy white! | 是吗 打白虫虫 |
[08:38] | Ow! It was a Jeep! | 疼 是吉普车 |
[08:40] | I play the Jeeps. I’m Ford. | 我扮演吉普车 现在我是福特车 |
[08:43] | – Punch buggy Ford. – Ow! | – 打福特虫虫 – 疼死了 |
[08:45] | All right, that’s enough. You stop it | 好了 够了 你们立刻停下 |
[08:48] | or no one’s going to Canadian Fun Country. | 要不然都不许去加拿大趣味王国 |
[08:51] | And this time I mean it! | 这次我是认真的 |
[08:56] | I’m sorry. I thought you were on the wrong side of the road. | 对不起 我以为你在反道上行驶 |
[08:59] | I will never get used to | 我永远都习惯不了 |
[09:01] | the crazy way you drive over here. | 你们这儿的开车方式 跟疯子一样 |
[09:03] | Mum, you have to stop doing that. | 妈 你别再大喊大叫了 |
[09:06] | Daphne, you seem stressed. | Daphne 你好像很累 |
[09:09] | Do you want me to drive for a while? | 要不要我来开一会儿 |
[09:11] | Maybe once we get out of Seattle. | 出了西雅图再说 |
[09:17] | Frasier, I don’t want to rush you, | Frasier 我不想催你 |
[09:20] | but the suspense is too much to bear. | 但是等待太难受了 |
[09:23] | Have you decided? | 你决定好没 |
[09:25] | I’m thinking about the linguini. | 我在想要不要意面 |
[09:29] | I see. It’s “No,” Then, isn’t it? | 我了解了 就是”不” 对吧 |
[09:34] | I’m sorry, Lilith. This was a very difficult decision for me. | 对不起 Lilith 真的太难决定了 |
[09:38] | And I am touched and flattered that you came to me, but… | 你来找我 我很感动 也受宠若惊 |
[09:41] | I’m not sure I’d be doing it for the right reasons. | 但是我不确定自己这么做是出于正确的理由 |
[09:44] | You understand, don’t you? | 你明白的吧 |
[09:46] | Yes, I do. And I appreciate your taking the time to think about it. | 嗯 我懂 我也很感谢你花时间考虑 |
[09:51] | It’s that kind of consideration | 我曾希望这种深思熟虑的品质 |
[09:52] | I was hoping to pass on to our second born. | 可以传给我们的第二个孩子 |
[09:56] | Oh, well. | 不过 算了 |
[09:59] | – So, the pasta is good here? – Oh, the best. | – 这儿的意面好吃吗 – 是最好吃的 |
[10:04] | *My dad is the gweatest dad* | *我爸天下第一棒* |
[10:07] | *because he cooks me Cweam of Wheat…* | *因为他会做蛋糕* |
[10:10] | – Lilith, what are you singing? – Was I singing? | – Lilith 你在唱什么 – 我有唱歌吗 |
[10:13] | You were singing “My Dad Is the Gweatest Dad.” | 你在唱”我爸天下第一棒” |
[10:16] | Oh, you mean that song Frederick wrote for you when he was four. | 你是指Fredrick四岁时写给你的歌吗 |
[10:19] | That video is one of my prized possessions. | 那个录像是我最珍贵的收藏 |
[10:22] | Of course I haven’t looked at it in some time. | 当然我好久没看了 |
[10:25] | I remember the night we surprised you with it. | 我仍记得我们放录像给你惊喜的那晚 |
[10:27] | He crawled up in your lap and said, | 他爬到你腿上说 |
[10:29] | “Why is Daddy cwying?” | “爸比为什么在哭哭” |
[10:31] | – I see what you’re doing, you know. – What? | – 我知道你在干什么了 – 什么 |
[10:34] | You are attempting to manipulate me | 你在试图利用 |
[10:35] | by invoking powerful emotional memories. | 强有力的感人回忆来控制我 |
[10:38] | I assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. | 我向你保证 我完全没这么想 |
[10:41] | – Are you ready to order? – Yes. | – 需要点餐吗 – 是的 |
[10:43] | I’d like the basgetti with beatmalls. | 我要一份意面面和肉球球 |
[10:45] | Mmm. Very good Miss. | 嗯 有意思 小姐 |
[10:48] | That’s what our son used to say when he was three. | 我儿子三岁时候就这样说 |
[10:50] | Excellent. | 不错嘛 |
[10:53] | – And I’ll have the veal. – Bravo, sir. | – 我要一份小牛排 – 棒极了 先生 |
[10:57] | Lilith, I’m afraid you’re idealizing parenthood. | Lilith 我恐怕你把当父母这事太美化了 |
[11:01] | Do you remember colic, | 难道你不记得怀孕绞痛 |
[11:02] | teething, changing mountains of diapers? | 出牙和堆积如山的尿布了吗 |
[11:06] | Do you remember that time in the bath | 你记不记得那次给他洗澡的时候 |
[11:07] | when he tried to eat the bubbles? | 他想吃泡泡 |
[11:09] | We told him to stop, but we kept laughing, | 我们叫他别吃 但是我们笑得停不下来 |
[11:12] | so he thought it was funny and kept doing it. | 所以他以为吃泡泡很好玩 就一直吃 |
[11:15] | You know, I’d forgotten about that. | 我都快忘了 |
[11:16] | Oh, I wish we had that on video. | 真希望当时录下来了 |
[11:18] | You can, Frasier. We can have those days back again. | 你可以的 Frasier 我们可以让昨日重现 |
[11:21] | Please… | 拜托 |
[11:23] | – I just need a couple of teaspoons. – Lilith! | – 我只要几小勺 – Lilith |
[11:27] | Just think about what Frederick has meant in our lives. | 想想Frederick在我们生命中的意义 |
[11:30] | I think about it every day. | 我每天都在想 |
[11:31] | Frasier, we’re always seeking ways we can leave a legacy. | Frasier 我们一直在寻找留下传奇的方式 |
[11:36] | Well, forget my research and your work, | 忘了我的研究和你的工作吧 |
[11:39] | this is it! | 这就是我们产生传奇的方式 |
[11:41] | What better gift can we bestow on the world | 除了一个像Frederick一样完美的孩子 |
[11:43] | but another person as wonderful as Frederick? | 我们还有什么更好的礼物来赠与世界呢 |
[11:49] | Excuse me… | 不好意思 |
[11:51] | I’ve changed my mind. I’ve decided that I too | 我改变主意了 我决定了 我也要一份 |
[11:55] | will have the basgetti and beatmalls. | 意面面和肉球球 |
[12:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:06] | Gosh, that coffee smells so good. | 老天啊 咖啡好香 |
[12:08] | Lilith won’t let me have any caffeine | 在我捐献之前 |
[12:10] | until I’ve made my little donation. | Lilith不让我喝含咖啡因的东西 |
[12:11] | Of course. | 那是当然的 |
[12:13] | So, have you heard from Daphne? | Daphne和你联系了吗 |
[12:15] | No, we keep missing each other. | 没有 还是失联状态 |
[12:18] | I’m just glad I have our little… | 我很欣慰还有个 |
[12:19] | pictorial memento to keep me company. | 小小的照片纪念品伴我左右 |
[12:22] | I can’t believe you’re so taken | 真不敢相信 |
[12:24] | with that blurry, over-exposed photo of a… | 你竟然留着那张模糊不清 暴露过度 |
[12:27] | of what you first mistook to be a flying saucer! | 一开始被你误认为是飞碟的照片 |
[12:33] | I just think it’s sexy that she even did it. Just imagine it: | 我只是觉得她这么做好性感 你想象一下 |
[12:37] | she saw that there was one picture left on the roll, | 她发现胶卷里还有一张照片 |
[12:39] | and in a spontaneous moment of brazen exhibitionism, | 出于无意识又大胆的表现欲 |
[12:43] | she threw open her blouse | 她敞开衬衣 |
[12:45] | and didn’t even bother to adjust the f-stop. | 甚至懒得对焦 |
[12:49] | Yes indeed, | 没错了 |
[12:51] | I am married to one spicy meatball. | 我娶了个小辣椒 |
[12:56] | Good lord! Don’t tell me you carry it around with you. | 我的天哪 别告诉我你现在就带在身上 |
[13:00] | Well, I didn’t want the housekeeper to find it | 我不想让清洁工找到 |
[13:03] | and think we were pornographers. | 以为我们是拍色情片的 |
[13:09] | 几本杂志 一个精子杯 一份”Tristan和他的妻子”录像带 | |
[13:12] | Just fill out these forms | 把表填好就行 |
[13:13] | and I can show you to one of our donation suites. | 然后我带你去捐献小套间 |
[13:25] | Will this be your first? | 这是你第一次(个)吗 |
[13:26] | No, I’ve been doing this since I was 12. | 不是 我12岁就做过了 |
[13:37] | You mean baby. No, no, this is our second. | 你是说孩子 不不 这是我们的第二个孩子 |
[13:41] | We’ve got number four on the way. | 我们就要有第四个孩子了 |
[13:44] | And we’re thrilled for you, but perhaps we could chat | 真替你们高兴 不过还是挑个 |
[13:46] | some other time when we’re not trying to create life. | 没在试着生孩子的时间聊天吧 |
[13:49] | -Sign and date. -Right. | – 签名和日期 – 好的 |
[13:54] | This process can be hard on a relationship, | 这个过程是对夫妻关系的考验 |
[13:56] | but she’ll relax and things’ll get better. | 但是她会放松下来 一切都会好起来的 |
[13:59] | We’re already divorced. | 我们已经离婚了 |
[14:01] | Good, ’cause she’ll never change. | 干得好 因为她永远不会变 |
[14:05] | – Up and at ’em. – Follow me, sir. | – 起来 走了 – 请跟我来 先生 |
[14:11] | Just go in and make yourself comfortable. | 进去以后 放轻松就行 |
[14:13] | – You’ll find everything you need in the cabinet. – Thank you. | – 你想要什么柜子里都有 – 谢谢你 |
[14:17] | Oh, wait Frasier. It probably doesn’t matter, but… | 等下 Frasier 虽然可能没什么用 但是 |
[14:21] | try to think positive thoughts. | 试着想点积极的事儿 |
[14:24] | Thanks for that. | 多谢提醒 |
[14:27] | I was going to think about the plights of the American Indian. | 我本来想思考美洲印第安人的困苦生活的 |
[14:33] | I’m just saying we should put the welfare of the sample first. | 我只是说 我们应该优先考虑样本 |
[14:42] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[14:44] | And don’t fall asleep afterwards, | 事后别睡着 |
[14:46] | I want to get these puppies on ice ASAP. | 我想尽快把小宝贝们送去冷冻 |
[14:50] | Goodbye now. | 再见了您嘞 |
[14:58] | – Just a hint… – Lilith! | – 就稍微 – Lilith |
[15:00] | If there is ONE thing I can do BY MYSELF, this is it! | 要是只有一件我能自己搞定的事 就是这件事了 |
[15:06] | Now go away. | 快走开 |
[15:11] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[15:19] | What?! | 干嘛 |
[15:23] | I just remembered a special method | 我想起个特别的方法 |
[15:25] | which supposedly increases the likelihood of having a boy. | 说不定可以提高生男孩的几率 |
[15:28] | I see. Is there something I can do to increase | 我知道了 那有没有什么办法可以提高 |
[15:30] | the likelihood that we won’t have a meddling control freak? | 甩掉爱管闲事的疯子的几率 |
[15:34] | No, but perhaps you can use a method | 没有 但是你倒是得找个方法 |
[15:36] | which will give us a baby that can take other people’s advice. | 生个能让人接受他人意见的宝宝 |
[15:38] | I would settle for a method where it won’t | 只要不是带有讽刺意味的说教 |
[15:40] | – turn out to be a sarcastic prig! – Oh, just do it! – Fine! | – 我都愿意接受 – 赶紧去干吧你 – 哦 |
[15:43] | – Wait, I don’t want you to do it when you’re mad. | 等等 我不希望你在生气的时候做那事儿 |
[15:46] | Why don’t we just take a minute to sit down and breathe? | 咱们还是别吵了 坐下来歇会儿 |
[15:52] | It’s your dime. | 是你的损失 |
[16:06] | Oh, dear God. | 老天爷啊 |
[16:09] | What if this child inherits | 要是这个孩子继承了 |
[16:11] | all of our flaws instead of our strengths? | 我们所有的缺点而非优点怎么办 |
[16:13] | – We could create a real nightmare. – That’s not going to happen. | – 岂非噩梦 – 不可能的 |
[16:17] | It’s going to be exactly the way it was the first time. | 这孩子会和第一个一模一样 |
[16:21] | Is that what’s going on here? | 这就是你想要的吧 |
[16:24] | Are we trying to create a baby or just trying to recreate the past? | 我们到底是想要个孩子还是想要重现过去 |
[16:29] | I mean, Frederick’s almost grown now, | Frederick也快成年了 |
[16:32] | it’s only natural to feel a sense of loss. | 有失落感也是人之常情 |
[16:34] | Frasier, don’t be simplistic. | Frasier 别想得这么简单 |
[16:36] | No, Lilith, I know what you’re going through. | 不是的 Lilith 我明白你现在的感受 |
[16:39] | You want to feel needed and loved as you were | 你希望感受自己还是当年那个新晋妈妈 |
[16:40] | when you were a new mother. | 能像以前那样被孩子需要 感受到孩子的爱 |
[16:43] | The past can be very seductive. | 过去确实令人诱惑 |
[16:46] | I mean, I’ve fallen into it too: | 我也沉浸在过去了 |
[16:47] | I’m trying to relive Freddie’s childhood. | 想试着再经历一次Freddie的童年 |
[16:52] | You can’t use the past to fill what’s missing in the present. | 但你不能用过去填补当下的缺失 |
[16:57] | It’s gone. | 都过去了 |
[17:00] | Frasier, I’ve done a lot of thinking and this feels right to me. | Frasier 我也思考了很多 我觉得这件事做的没错 |
[17:08] | But it’s not right for me. I’m sorry. | 但是我无法苟同 很抱歉 |
[17:14] | I’m sorry too. | 我也是 |
[17:25] | – You all right? – I’ll be fine. | – 你没事吧 – 我会没事的 |
[17:29] | If I can’t make anther little Frederick with you, | 要是我没法儿和你再生个小Frederick |
[17:31] | there’s always cloning. | 我还可以克隆一个 |
[17:33] | – And you still don’t know when I’m joking. – I, well, I… | – 你还是没看出来我在开玩笑 – 我 那啥 |
[17:37] | Lilith, what are you going to do now? | Lilith 你之后要做什么 |
[17:39] | Well, I’m going to go home and give Frederick a very big hug. | 我要回家 给Frederick一个大大的拥抱 |
[17:44] | And maybe swab the inside of his cheek. | 也许还能从他嘴里弄点基因样本 |
[17:46] | Oh, stop it! | 快别说了 |
[17:52] | Oh, you already ate. | 你都吃过啦 |
[17:54] | I was gonna take you to Bogart’s. | 我本来想带你去博格茨餐厅的 |
[17:56] | Bogart’s? Oh, don’t worry about that, | 博格茨餐厅 别管这个 |
[17:59] | I was just eatin’ it because it was here. | 我只是看它放在这儿就吃了 |
[18:00] | I wasn’t eatin’ it to get full. | 没打算吃饱 |
[18:02] | Just give me two minutes. | 给我两分钟 |
[18:08] | – Hello? – Oh, Niles, darling! – Daphne! | – 喂 – Niles 亲爱的 – Daphne |
[18:11] | I thought I’d never reach you! | 我还以为再也联系不到你了呢 |
[18:13] | We were booted from the park and are coming home. | 我们被游乐园的人踢出来了 现在在回家的路上 |
[18:16] | It seems someone put out a cigarette on a stuffed moose. | 因为好像有人在麋鹿标本上灭了烟头 |
[18:21] | I didn’t know it was stuffed, I was defending myself. | 我哪儿知道它是标本 我是在自卫 |
[18:25] | I love those pictures you left for me. More specifically, | 我好喜欢你留给我的照片 尤其是 |
[18:28] | – …the last one. – Something a little different, eh? | – 最后一张 – 有点与众不同啵 |
[18:32] | Indeed it is. I can’t even believe you took it. | 的确 我不敢相信你居然拍了 |
[18:36] | – I didn’t take it, your father did. – No, I don’t think so. | – 不是我拍的 是你爸拍的 – 我觉得不是 |
[18:41] | I’m talking about the last picture on the roll, the close-up. | 我说的是胶卷的最后一张照片 那张特写 |
[18:46] | Yeah. Your father was trying to get a picture of Eddie, | 就那张 你爸本来想给Eddie拍张照 |
[18:48] | but instead he got a picture of his own chest. | 但是照了张自己的胸 |
[18:53] | – This is Dad’s…? – That’s his nipple. | – 那是老爸的 – 是他的乳头 |
[18:57] | Oh, I can’t wait to get to Bogart’s. | 我等不及要去博格茨餐厅啦 |
[18:59] | I know just what I’m going to get: | 我都想好要吃什么了 |
[19:01] | a barbecue chicken breast. | 烤鸡胸肉 |
[19:06] | They have the juiciest one in town. | 他家是全城最美味多汁的 |
[19:08] | Oh, or the lamb. They serve an enormous rack. | 或者羊肉 他家的羊肋骨超好吃 |
[19:14] | It’s great. | 真棒 |
[19:15] | You might want to get an overcoat of Frasier’s out of there. | 你最好拿件Frasier的外套 |
[19:17] | It’s supposed to be pretty nippy tonight. | 今晚寒风刺胸哦 |
[19:24] | – Oh, hi Dad. Where are you going? – Oh, Niles is here. | – 好啊 老爸 你要去哪儿 – Niles来了 |
[19:27] | – We’re just going out for a bite. You want to join us? – Sure. | – 我们正要出去吃饭 一起呗 – 好啊 |
[19:30] | So… how’s Lilith? | Lilith怎么样了 |
[19:35] | I just dropped her off at the airport. She’s disappointed, but… | 我刚把她送到机场 她很失望 |
[19:38] | …she knows that we’re doing the right thing. | 不过她也知道我们的决定是对的 |
[19:40] | Well, for what it’s worth, I think you are too, son. | 就值不值来说 我也觉得你是对的 儿子 |
[19:44] | Thanks, Dad. I just hope she finds what’s missing in her life. | 谢了 老爸 但愿她能找到人生缺失的部分 |
[19:52] | Hey, pasty. | 嘿 小白脸 |
[19:55] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[19:57] | – May I? -Yes, certainly. | – 我能坐吗 – 当然 |
[20:02] | What happened? I thought you were relocating to Seattle. | 怎么了 我以为你要在西雅图安顿下来 |
[20:04] | Oh, it wasn’t a fit. I’m going back to Boston. | 不合适 我要回波士顿 |
[20:08] | I don’t know, call me neurotic, | 我也说不清 是我神经质吧 |
[20:10] | I just can’t work in a lab that’s not immaculate. | 实验室不是一尘不染的 我就没法儿工作 |
[20:15] | – You work in a lab? – Mm-hmm. I’m a physicist. | – 你在实验室工作吗 – 嗯 我是物理学家 |
[20:18] | Really? My name’s Lilith. | 真的吗 我叫Lilith |
[20:23] | Ah, the demon-goddess. | 啊 传说中的女魔头啊 |
[20:26] | Are you like the independent fireball that was your predecessor? | 你和你的前辈一样是个独立的女强人吗 |
[20:31] | I make her look like a vacillating cream puff. | 我强大到让她看起来像个摇摇晃晃的奶油泡芙 |
[20:35] | Albert. | 我是Albert |
[20:38] | What happened with your friend? Did you get your favor? | 你和你朋友怎么样了 他帮到你了吗 |
[20:41] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[20:43] | Well, it’s, it’s a long flight. | 没事 长夜漫漫呢 |