时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | – Mimsy, wait! Please, I can explain! | – Mimsy 等一下 求你了 听我解释 |
[00:13] | – Oh, don’t bother! | – 不用费口舌了 |
[00:14] | And I bet you don’t even have Tourette’s Syndrome! | 而且我敢说你根本没有图雷特综合征 |
[00:17] | Poop! | 该死 |
[00:19] | Hell, damn! Oh… | 可恶 讨厌 哦 |
[00:25] | – Lose my number! – Chef Etienne! | – 以后别再联系我了 – Etienne大厨 |
[00:28] | – Oh, dear God. – I hope you’re happy. | – 哦 天哪 – 这下你高兴了吧 |
[00:32] | Me?! You’re the one who suggested | 我 是你说明火烤串 |
[00:35] | that flaming kabobs might lend a festive air. | 可以增加节日气氛的吧 |
[00:39] | I didn’t know Ben Corbett’s toupee would go up like that. | 我怎么知道Ben Corbett的假发会着火 |
[00:43] | Oh, quiet. Both of you. It’s done. | 哦 闭嘴吧 你们俩 都已经结束了 |
[00:47] | Bonjourno! | 大家好哟 |
[00:50] | – Party’s over, Dad. – What, | – 聚会已经结束了 爸 – 啥 |
[00:52] | – you mean I’m not the Count anymore? -‘Fraid not. | – 你是说我不能再当伯爵了吗 – 恐怕不能了 |
[00:55] | Why is it that we can’t seem to pull off a simple dinner party? | 我们为什么连个简单的晚宴聚会都办不好 |
[00:59] | – Because you always go overboard. – Yes, | – 因为你老是做得太过火 – 好吧 |
[01:02] | but this one was bare bones. Simplicity itself. | 但是这次真的不能再简单了 就是简单的代名词 |
[01:05] | One of your goats just threw up in the kitchen. | 你有一只山羊吐在厨房里了 |
[01:18] | Oh, hello. How goes the installation? | 哦 你们好 安装得怎么样了 |
[01:20] | Well, we had to put in a transformer for the DC, | 我们还得装直流转换器 |
[01:23] | so after we pull the wires, | 等我们拉好线 |
[01:25] | brace the beam, she’ll be ready to roll. | 固定好梁 她就可以尽情摇摆了 |
[01:31] | Daphne Daphne Daphne, Daphne. | |
[01:35] | You know the Mike Shaw painting that I’m donating to the museum? | 你知道我要捐给博物馆那幅Mike Shaw的油画吧 |
[01:37] | Frasier suggested we throw a farewell dinner party for it. | Frasier建议我们为它举办一个告别晚宴聚会 |
[01:40] | We’ve invited some fellow collectors. | 我们邀请了一些收藏家同僚们 |
[01:42] | Uh, Niles, I’ve been thinking… Come and sit down, darling. | 呃 Niles 我一直在考虑 过来坐 亲爱的 |
[01:51] | Maybe it’s time you stop | 也许你不该再 |
[01:53] | throwing dinner parties with your brother. | 和你哥一起开晚宴聚会了 |
[01:57] | – What? – You don’t exactly have the best track record. | – 什么 – 你们过去的历史记录确实不怎么样 |
[02:02] | Well, throwing dinner parties is an art. | 开聚会是一门艺术 |
[02:05] | – It takes time to perfect. – No. | – 要多加练习才能完美 – 不行 |
[02:08] | -But… -No. | – 可是 – 不行 |
[02:11] | No, it has to stop! | 不行 必须得停 |
[02:15] | Maybe you and I should | 也许咱们俩应该 |
[02:16] | – try throwing a party together. -You and me? | – 试试一起开聚会 – 咱们俩 |
[02:21] | Such a big step, are you sure? | 这么大的跨越 你确定吗 |
[02:25] | Maybe it’s time we entertain as a couple. | 也许我们是时候作为伴侣参加娱乐活动了 |
[02:28] | Oh, thank you, darling. | 哦 谢谢亲爱的 |
[02:30] | Excuse me, it’s after four o’clock. | 不好意思 已经过了四点了 |
[02:32] | – What if I finish this tomorrow? – Well, I suppose… | – 我明天来装完怎么样 – 我想也 |
[02:35] | Oh, no you don’t. You said “One | 哦 想都别想 我雇你的时候 |
[02:37] | day” When I hired you, and that’s what it has to be. | 你说一天能装完 那就必须一天装完 |
[02:40] | So get cracking, because something’s | 所以赶紧干活 因为今天晚上之前 |
[02:41] | going to be hanging from that rafter by the end of the day. | 总得有什么东西挂在天花板上 |
[02:45] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 夫人 |
[02:50] | Daphne, you handled that so masterfully! | Daphne 你这件事处理得真大方 |
[02:53] | As if he weren’t wearing that authoritative tool belt at all!! | 就好像他没戴着那条权威的工具腰带似的 |
[03:00] | Oh, Niles, Niles, thank goodness you’re here! | 哦 Niles Niles 幸好你在这 |
[03:03] | I am simply percolating with party ideas. | 我脑子里关于聚会的主意已经侧漏了 |
[03:07] | Listen, have you thought of | 听我说 你考虑过 |
[03:08] | inviting the artist himself? He lives in town, you know. | 邀请画家本人吗 他就住在这里 |
[03:11] | Yes, I extended an invitation through his gallery, | 是啊 我向他的画廊发出了邀请 |
[03:13] | – but he declined. -That’s too bad. | – 但他拒绝了 – 那太糟糕了 |
[03:15] | Well then, I have come up with | 那么 我想出了 |
[03:17] | the perfect entertainment for our little art crowd. | 我们这个艺术小团体的完美娱乐活动 |
[03:19] | It’s a radical tableau vivant troupe. | 激进场景美食家小剧场 |
[03:24] | I don’t know. But they do | 我也不知道什么意思 但是他们确实 |
[03:26] | provide smocks and shower caps, so we’re covered. | 提供工作服和浴帽 这样我们就不用担心了 |
[03:29] | Frasier, Daphne and I are throwing the party. | Frasier 我要和Daphne一起办聚会 |
[03:40] | Daphne? Well. Fine, suit yourself. It’s your painting. | Daphne 好啊 随便 毕竟是你的画 |
[03:46] | I suppose I could just make my signature dish. | 我就做我的拿手菜好了 |
[03:49] | Daphne’s handling the food. | Daphne会负责食物的 |
[03:55] | Lovely. You’ll be serving those sad brown chunks | 太好了 你们准备上那种从盘子到餐巾 |
[03:57] | that make their way from plate to napkin, bypassing mouth completely? | 完美避开嘴巴的褐色不明块状物是吗 |
[04:03] | It’s called Piccadilly Beef, | 那叫皮卡迪利牛肉 |
[04:06] | and I talked her out of it, thank God. | 而且我说服她不做那个了 谢天谢地 |
[04:09] | The whole thing’s being catered. | 整件事都安排好了 |
[04:10] | We’re having Cornish game hens, | 我们有康奈尔烤鸡 |
[04:11] | wild rice stuffing, wonderful sides | 野生稻米填料 绝妙的配菜 |
[04:14] | -…and all heat-and-serve. -Stuffin’. Lovely. | – 还有各种好菜 – 填料 真棒 |
[04:20] | I think you’d be happy to be just a guest, | 我想你仅仅作为客人参加也会很开心的 |
[04:22] | – for once. | – 就这一次 |
[04:22] | -“Just a guest”! | – “仅仅作为客人” |
[04:24] | In my brother’s home. You know, | 在我弟弟家里 你知道的 |
[04:26] | I’ve never been just a guest before. | 我从来都没有只当个客人 |
[04:29] | Before, I always felt like family. | 过去我总是觉得自己是家人 |
[04:32] | Oh look! Here she is now: | 哦 看哪 她来了 |
[04:34] | – the hostess with the mostest. | – 操办盛宴的女主人 |
[04:37] | -I see Niles told you. | – 看来Niles已经告诉你了 |
[04:39] | Yes. I’m sorry, | 没错 很抱歉 |
[04:40] | I won’t be attending your debut soiree, Daphne. | 我不会参加你的晚宴处女秀了 Daphne |
[04:43] | – your seating plan. I hope that doesn’t upset | -我希望不会打乱你的座位安排 |
[04:45] | -It’s going to be a buffet. | – 我们安排的是自助餐 |
[04:49] | Buffet! | 自助餐 |
[04:56] | Well, | 好吧 |
[04:58] | if you should need any help, I think you know my phone number. | 如果你需要什么帮助 你知道我的电话号码 |
[05:03] | Number three on our speed dial. | 我们家快速拨号三号键 |
[05:08] | Number three. Interesting. | 三号键 真有趣 |
[05:16] | I can’t believe how calm you are. | 真想不到你这么镇定 |
[05:18] | I would be a nervous wreck by now. | 要是我肯定已经乱成一团了 |
[05:21] | Well, I was nervous at first. But every step I thought, | 我一开始也很紧张 但是每做一步我就想 |
[05:24] | “How would Frasier and Niles do this?”… and didn’t do that. | “Frasier和Niles会怎么做” 然后别那么做就好了 |
[05:28] | – Daphne, I’m home!! – Coming, Mum. | – Daphne 我回来了 – 来了 妈 |
[05:35] | Where’s the video? I thought you were going to rent “Castaway”. | 录像呢 你不是去租”荒岛余生”了吗 |
[05:38] | If I wanted to watch someone talk to a volleyball for two hours, | 我要是想看一个人对着个排球讲两个小时 |
[05:42] | I would have stayed in Manchester with your Aunt Evelyn. | 我就和你Evelyn姨妈一起待在曼彻斯特了 |
[05:46] | Well, what are you going to do all night? | 那你今晚准备干什么 |
[05:48] | Oh, you needn’t worry about me. | 哦 不用担心我 |
[05:50] | I’m going to watch a boxing match on pay-per-view. | 我要去看付费频道的拳击赛 |
[05:53] | Ooh, there’s nothing like two great, sweaty beasts… | 没有什么比两个虎背熊腰 汗流浃背的猛男 |
[05:56] | beating each other senseless… I miss your father. | 毫无意义地互殴更让人着迷了 我真想念你父亲 |
[06:03] | Come on, Alice, it’s time to put away your crayons. | 好了 Alice 该把蜡笔收起来了 |
[06:06] | Lookit. I wrote my name really big. | 快看 我把我的名字写得大大的 |
[06:09] | -Oh, let’s see. -There, and there, and there, | – 哦 让我看看 – 写在这 还有这 还有这 |
[06:15] | -…and THERE! -Oh, my God! | – 还有那 – 我的天 |
[06:20] | -Alice! Oh, Daphne, I am so sorry. -Oh, it’s not to worry. | – Alice 哦Daphne 太抱歉了 – 哦 不用担心 |
[06:24] | It’ll come out, it’s only a little crayon. | 会擦掉的 就是一点蜡笔而已 |
[06:27] | -That’s worse. -I can handle this. | – 擦得更糟了 – 我能解决 |
[06:32] | Niles has an art restorer he uses all the time. | Niles有个常用的艺术品修复师 |
[06:34] | – I’ll get his card. | – 我去拿他的名片 |
[06:35] | -I’m sorry, Mommy. | – 对不起 妈妈 |
[06:37] | I know, honey. But from now on, | 没事的 宝贝 但是从现在开始 |
[06:40] | just only sign your own artwork, okay? | 只能在你自己画的画上签名 好吗 |
[06:43] | -‘Cause mine is prettier? -Yeah. | – 因为我画的更好看吗 – 对啊 |
[06:52] | -Here’s his business card. -Okay. | – 他的名片在这 – 好的 |
[06:54] | – I’ll run it right over. -Just tell him it’s an emergency. | – 我马上去找他 – 告诉他是紧急事故 |
[06:57] | We’re very good customers. I’m just glad Niles isn’t here. | 我们是常客了 幸好Niles不在 |
[07:03] | He doesn’t take these things in his stride like I do. | 他对这种事没有我看得这么开 |
[07:07] | There, another fire put out. | 好了 又救了一场火 |
[07:14] | Oh, my God. The hens! | 哦 天哪 烤鸡 |
[07:18] | -Oh, my God! -Okay, don’t panic. I can handle this. | – 我的天 – 好吧 别慌 我能处理 |
[07:33] | Oh, look at that, Daphne. Now what are you going to do? | 都已经这样了 Daphne 现在怎么办 |
[07:36] | Well, I can’t call the caterer. They were doing | 我不能给宴会承办人打电话 他们在承办 |
[07:38] | A big party and we were their last stop. | 一个大型聚会 最后才到我们家 |
[07:41] | Oh, I know, call Frasier. | 哦 我知道了 给Frasier打电话 |
[07:42] | He’s gotta know some caterers. | 他肯定认识几个承办人 |
[07:44] | Well, he was upset since I took over his | 自从我抢了他宴会筹划主席的职位 |
[07:46] | job as Lord Mayor of Party Town, but he did offer his help. | 他一直在生气 但他确实说可以找他帮忙 |
[07:50] | I hope he meant it. Go, take the painting. | 但愿他说到做到 快 带着画出发吧 |
[07:52] | Come on, Alice. Good luck. | 走吧 Alice 祝你好运 |
[07:55] | Daphne, you’re never gonna get | Daphne 这么晚了肯定找不到 |
[07:56] | a caterer at this late hour, but don’t worry. | 宴会承办人了 但是别担心 |
[07:58] | I think I can solve your little problem. I’ll be right there. | 我应该可以解决你的小问题 我马上到 |
[08:04] | As usual, Frasier has to save the day. | 和往常一样 Frasier又得去拯救世界了 |
[08:09] | As usual, Martin has to hear about it. | 和往常一样 Martin又得听你啰嗦了 |
[08:23] | Suit up, boys. We’re goin’ in. | 准备好 小伙子们 我们要上了 |
[08:34] | All right. I need a full rundown of the situation. | 好了 给我讲讲具体情况 |
[08:38] | Well, I think I told you about the hens, which I burned. | 烤鸡的事我应该已经告诉你了 烤糊了 |
[08:44] | I’m hoping we have enough ice, and… | 但愿我们还有足够的冰块 还有 |
[08:47] | I probably shouldn’t have dressed the salad this afternoon. | 我可能不该今天下午就拌沙拉 |
[08:52] | -I’m pretty sure the soup is okay. -White wine. | – 不过我确定汤还可以 – 白酒 |
[09:02] | What do you think? Will we make it? | 你觉得怎样 我们能成功吗 |
[09:04] | I won’t lie to you, Daphne. It’s bad. | 我不想骗你 Daphne 很糟糕 |
[09:08] | I feel so stupid. I made a big deal | 我真笨 我还很认真地 |
[09:10] | about telling Niles how I could handle this on my own. | 告诉Niles我自己就能搞定 |
[09:13] | All right, listen. He doesn’t have to know. | 好吧 听着 他不需要知道 |
[09:15] | If you just keep him out of my way, | 只要你别让他碰见我 |
[09:17] | …I will gladly play your invisible little kitchen elf. | 我很愿意当你的隐形厨房小精灵 |
[09:19] | -You would do that for me? | – 你真的愿意为我做这些 |
[09:22] | Of course, Daphne. Now listen, I have brought | 当然了 Daphne 听好了 我已经带来了 |
[09:24] | everything I need to make my signature pomegranate honey sauce. | 制作我的招牌石榴蜂蜜酱汁的所有材料 |
[09:27] | I will need a ramekin for each of your guests. | 给我拿和客人人数一样的模子来 |
[09:33] | Here we are. | 给你 |
[09:35] | – Oh, dear. This is bad. – What? | – 哦天哪 真是太糟糕了 – 怎么了 |
[09:38] | Well, there are two that are mis-matched. | 有两个不是这一套的 |
[09:40] | It’s all right if they’re all mis-matched or if in pairs, | 如果全都不是一套或者都是成对的还好 |
[09:42] | but two is just unheard of. | 但是只有两个真是闻所未闻 |
[09:45] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[09:47] | Oh, my God, it’s Niles. What should we do? | 哦 天哪 是Niles 我们怎么办 |
[09:49] | Don’t worry, I’m right in here. | 别担心 我就在这里 |
[09:53] | – I am sorry I’m late. – Darling. | – 抱歉我迟到了 – 亲爱的 |
[09:56] | I had the worst time finding miniature easels for the table. | 我为了找放在桌上的微型画架真是快累死了 |
[09:59] | – Oh, but it was worth it. | – 哦 但是辛苦是值得的 |
[10:01] | I think so. The place looks lovely | 我想也是 家里看起来很温馨 |
[10:03] | and the new chandelier is absolutely spectacular, | 而且新吊灯简直是壮观 |
[10:05] | -…but why is the painting covered? | – 但是为什么画被盖起来了 |
[10:07] | -Oh, because I thought a proper unveiling would be an event. | – 哦 因为我觉得正式地揭幕一下肯定很不错 |
[10:11] | We’ll do it after dinner. | 我们晚饭后就揭幕 |
[10:12] | Oh, why don’t we do it after cocktails? | 哦 咱们喝完鸡尾酒就揭幕怎么样 |
[10:14] | It’ll make for a lively dinner conversation. | 这样餐桌上就有话题了 |
[10:16] | Trust me. After will be better. | 相信我 饭后比较好 |
[10:19] | By the way, the kitchen is off limits to you. | 顺便说 你就别进厨房了 |
[10:22] | You’ve already slowed me down. | 你已经拖慢我的进度了 |
[10:27] | Well, someone’s tediously punctual. | 有些人真是守时得都有些死板了 |
[10:28] | – Shall we? | – 我们一起好吗 |
[10:29] | – I’ll be right out. | – 我马上出去 |
[10:35] | You know, if he had any resourcefulness at all, he’d know | 话说 他要是有一点头脑 都应该知道 |
[10:37] | that miniature easels | 微型画架经常能在 |
[10:38] | abound at Liliputia Dollhouse and Miniatures. | Liliputia娃娃屋和微型家具店找到 |
[10:46] | Dad. Right, listen. I need you to do me a favor. | 爸 好了 听我说 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[10:53] | I want you to get me my ramekins, all right? And then bring them here, | 我需要你帮我把模子拿来 好吗 拿到这来 |
[10:55] | but come in the back way, so Niles doesn’t see you. | 但是从后门进来 免得Niles看见你 |
[10:59] | No, ramekins. Well, they’re small, round, ceramic dishes. | 不 模子 就是那种很小 很圆的瓷器 |
[11:03] | I keep them in the lower left-hand kitchen cabinet. | 我把它们放在左下方的橱柜里了 |
[11:08] | No, no, those are tapes dishes. Right, those are for soy sauce. | 不不 那些是塔皮斯碟 没错 是用来装豆瓣酱的 |
[11:13] | Oh honestly, Dad, you know | 说真的 爸 你知道吗 |
[11:14] | sometimes I don’t think you listen to me. | 有时候我觉得你都不听我说话 |
[11:16] | I said sometimes I don’t think you… I said sometimes… | 我说有时候我觉得你 我说有时候 |
[11:19] | I see what you’re doing. | 你耍我是吧 |
[11:22] | – Are we the first to arrive? | – 我们是第一个到的吗 |
[11:24] | – Oh, you are refreshingly on time. | – 哦 你们的守时真是令人振奋 |
[11:27] | – How about some drinks? – Sure. | – 要来点喝的吗 – 好的 |
[11:29] | Don’t mind me. I’m just down to nick a bottle of the good stuff. | 别管我 我就是下来拿瓶好东西 |
[11:35] | They normally hide it from me. | 他们平时都藏着不让我喝 |
[11:38] | – This is my mother, Gertrude Moon. | – 这位是我母亲 Gertrude Moon |
[11:40] | -Yes. Antonia and Alex. | – 这两位是Antonia和Alex |
[11:43] | Oh, Mum, as long as you’re going upstairs, | 哦 妈 既然你要上楼 |
[11:45] | – take the coats. | – 把外套拿上去 |
[11:46] | -Is this the Mike Shaw painting? -Yes. | – 这是那幅Mike Shaw的油画吗 – 是的 |
[11:48] | -I’m dying to see it. -Sorry, no peeking. | – 我等不及要看看了 – 不好意思 不能偷看 |
[11:51] | You’ll have to wait ’til the unveiling. | 你得等到揭幕的时候 |
[11:54] | Hmm, that sounds like a challenge. | 嗯 听起来很有挑战性呢 |
[11:56] | You’re going to have to watch me like a hawk. | 那你可得把我看紧了 |
[11:59] | Oh, won’t that be fun. | 哦 那可太有趣了 |
[12:02] | -What was that? -Don’t worry, Niles, that’s my domain. -Okay. | – 什么声音 – 别担心 Niles 那是我的地盘 – 好吧 |
[12:06] | Why don’t you take our guests on a | 你带我们的客人去 |
[12:08] | – tour of the library? -All right. This way, this way. | – 参观一下书房怎么样 – 好的 这边请 |
[12:12] | Is it true that you still | 你真的还在收藏 |
[12:13] | – collect Edwardian utility bills? -Oh, yes. | – 爱德华时期的水电账单吗 – 哦是的 |
[12:16] | They’re fascinating. For example, did you know that | 特别有趣 比如说 你知道 |
[12:18] | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a notorious water hog? | 阿瑟柯南道尔爵士浪费水的恶名在外吗 |
[12:21] | But, you don’t have to take my word for it! | 耳听为虚 眼见为实 |
[12:26] | -Frasier. -I dropped a pan. Everything’s all right. -Daphne! | – Frasier – 我摔了个盘子 一切正常 – Daphne |
[12:31] | Oh, for God’s sake… All right. | 老天哪 好吧 |
[12:35] | I’m having trouble ordering the boxing match. | 我订拳击赛遇到了点麻烦 |
[12:38] | I don’t understand, | 我不明白 |
[12:39] | this never happens with the nudie programming. | 订小黄片的时候就从来没发生过 |
[12:43] | Give it here. Oh, damn. You answer that, I’ll take care of this. | 给我吧 哦 该死 你去应门 我来处理这个 |
[12:49] | -You can come out now. -You know, honestly, Daphne, | – 你可以出来了 – 说实话 Daphne |
[12:53] | if these interruptions don’t stop, | 要是这些打扰不停下来 |
[12:55] | my signature sauce will be reduced to a monogram. | 我的招牌大作就要变成缩略版了 |
[12:57] | I’m using humor to make a point. | 我是在用幽默的方法说明问题 |
[13:01] | -Hello, I’m Daphne’s mum. -I’m Bill… | – 你好 我是Daphne她妈 – 我是Bill |
[13:04] | -Don’t bother, I’m just lettin’ you in. | – 省省吧 我就是开门的 |
[13:07] | -Hi. Is this the Crane place? I’m Mike Shaw. | – 你好 这里是Crane家吗 我是Mike Shaw |
[13:11] | -Mr. Shaw. | – Shaw先生 |
[13:12] | We thought we were just gonna see your painting. | 我们还以为只能看到您的画作了呢 |
[13:14] | We didn’t realize you were coming. | 我们没想到您本人会来 |
[13:15] | Ah, it was a last minute thing. Call me Mike. | 啊 是临时决定的 叫我Mike就好 |
[13:18] | Mike… hello. I’m Gertrude. | Mike 你好啊 我是Gertrude |
[13:23] | I’m Bill Talerino | 我是Bill Talerino |
[13:24] | and this is my wife Sharon Kwyakowski-Talerino. | 这位是我妻子Sharon Kwyakowski-Talerino |
[13:28] | May I just say that you are | 我想告诉您您是 |
[13:30] | our greatest living American artist bar none. | 当代最伟大的美国艺术家 没有之一 |
[13:33] | Bar none! Excuse me. | 没有之一 不好意思 |
[13:37] | Is there anything worse than | 还有比跟伪艺术爱好者 |
[13:38] | making phony conversation with phony art lovers? | 虚伪地聊天更讨厌的事吗 |
[13:41] | Yes. Living with one. My son-in-law is the host. | 有的 和他们一起住 我女婿是宴会主人 |
[13:46] | And if you didn’t want yer bum kissed, | 你要是不想被他大拍马屁 |
[13:48] | you shouldn’t have come, that’s all they do here. | 你就不该来 他们就会干这事 |
[13:50] | I wasn’t gonna come, but my gallery insisted. | 我本来没想来 但是画廊非让我来 |
[13:53] | Oh, well, I am going to be upstairs watching a boxing match… | 话说 我正要上楼看拳击比赛 |
[13:56] | should you feel the need to get away. | 要是你觉得想要离开这的话 |
[13:58] | Ah, I probably shouldn’t, but maybe just the first round. | 啊 也许我不应该去 但是就看第一轮好了 |
[14:02] | -All right, then. -You wouldn’t have | – 那好吧 – 你楼上不会 |
[14:05] | – anything to drink up there, would ya? -Just liquor. -Excellent. | – 还准备了喝的吧 – 只有酒 – 太棒了 |
[14:10] | So it actually took George | 所以其实萧伯纳 |
[14:12] | Bernard Shaw longer to rectify his billing error | 改正他账单错误用的时间 |
[14:14] | …than it did for him to write “Man and Superman”. | 比他写”人与超人”花的时间还长 |
[14:17] | -That’s great. Are those the drinks? -Yes. | – 真是太棒了 这些可以喝吗 – 可以 |
[14:21] | Excuse me. Bill… Sharon… | 不好意思 Bill Sharon |
[14:25] | -Thad and Jeremy. Welcome. -Niles. | – Thad和Jeremy 欢迎 – Niles |
[14:30] | Where’s your better half? | 你的另一半呢 |
[14:32] | -Oh, here she is now. -Oh, I meant Frasier. | – 哦 她在这呢 – 哦 我说的是Frasier |
[14:36] | My brother’s not coming this evening. | 我哥哥今晚不能来了 |
[14:39] | But he’s always, always, always at your parties. | 但是他一直 一直 一直都参加你的聚会啊 |
[14:42] | Frasier and yellowtail carpaccio. Has the world gone mad? | Frasier和黄尾生鱼片 这个世界怎么了 |
[14:45] | Not yet, we still have carpaccio. | 没怎么 我们还是有生鱼片的 |
[14:50] | You’ve got two choices. | 你有两个选择 |
[14:51] | You can either walk away from the painting, | 要么从画边走开 |
[14:53] | or you can limp away from the painting. | 要么从画边爬开 |
[14:56] | Walk, please, I think. | 我想我还是走吧 |
[14:59] | -Mother, coats. -Yes, Master. | – 妈 外套 – 是 少奶奶 |
[15:06] | We are so sorry, we have to go. We have a babysitter emergency. | 真抱歉 我们得走了 我们家保姆出了点乱子 |
[15:10] | The worst part is | 最糟糕的是 |
[15:10] | we’re going to miss dinner with Mike Shaw. | 我们不能和Mike Shaw一起共进晚餐了 |
[15:12] | I can’t believe you got that old hermit to come. | 真想不到你能让那个老隐士出山 |
[15:14] | Mike Shaw is here?! Well, | Mike Shaw来了 |
[15:16] | – where is he? -He must have wandered off. | – 他在哪 – 他肯定是溜达到哪去了 |
[15:18] | I mean he’s not at all like I pictured. | 不过他和我想象的不太一样 |
[15:19] | Older guy, white hair, cane. | 一个老头 白头发 拄拐杖 |
[15:21] | I think he’s wearing a plaid flannel shirt. | 他好像穿了一件格子法兰绒衬衫 |
[15:23] | – He’s quite a character. -Really… | – 真是有个性 – 真的 |
[15:30] | -Here you go. -Oh, Dad, finally. -Well, | – 给你 – 哦 爸 终于来了 |
[15:32] | if you had said “Nut bowls” I woulda gotten them right off. | 如果你直接说”装坚果的碗”我就直接找到了 |
[15:36] | Yes, yes, all right, now listen. I need you | 没错 没错 好了 听我说 我需要你 |
[15:38] | to run to the grocery store for me and pick up some sel de mer, | 帮我跑一趟杂货店 买点海盐 |
[15:42] | some olive tapenade, balsamic vinegar, | 橄榄酱 香醋 |
[15:45] | and some English Stilton cheese. Have you got that? | 还有英国斯蒂尔顿奶酪 记住了吗 |
[15:48] | You lost me after “Sally’s mare”. | 从”海燕”那开始就没记住 |
[15:50] | All right, fine. I’ll write it down. | 好吧 好吧 我给你写下来 |
[15:52] | -Coming right up. -Niles, no. -Dad, hide in there. | – 马上就来 – Niles 别 – 爸 快藏在这 |
[15:58] | Oh, Dad! I thought so! What are you doing here? | 哦 爸 我一猜就是你 你在这干什么 |
[16:00] | I just brought some dishes over. | 我就是来送瓷器的 |
[16:03] | You’re not supposed to be in the kitchen, Honey. | 你不应该进厨房的 亲爱的 |
[16:05] | I don’t know what happened, and I don’t want to know how it happened, | 我不知道怎么回事 也不想知道怎么发生的 |
[16:08] | but somehow our guests are all | 但是不知怎么我们的客人全都 |
[16:10] | under the impression that Dad is Mike Shaw. -Who? | – 认为爸就是Mike Shaw – 谁 |
[16:14] | He’s the artist that painted the painting | 他是画了那幅 |
[16:15] | that everyone is here to see. What are we going to do? | 大家都来看的画的画家 我们怎么办 |
[16:18] | It’s not a problem. We’ll just take | 没问题的 我们把你爸 |
[16:20] | your father out the back door and make up an excuse. | 从后门送出去 再随便编个借口 |
[16:25] | Better yet, we’ll take him out the front door. | 不过更好的方法是 我们从前门把他送出去 |
[16:27] | That way, people can see him leave. | 这样大家就都看到他离开了 |
[16:30] | Okay, but you know zero about art. | 好吧 但是你对艺术一点都不懂 |
[16:31] | Don’t say a word or these people will see right through you. | 一个字也别说 不然这些人马上就会看穿你 |
[16:34] | Yeah, I’m sure a phony would really stand out at this party. | 是啊 我敢说这个聚会上骗子可显眼了 |
[16:39] | -Oh, this must be Mr. Shaw. | – 哦 这一定是Shaw先生了 |
[16:41] | -I have very bad news. | – 我有个坏消息告诉大家 |
[16:42] | Mr. Shaw is not feeling well, so he has to leave. | Shaw先生身体不适 他得走了 |
[16:45] | Oh, no. I can’t let you go without getting your autograph. | 哦 不行 您没给我签名之前可不能让您走 |
[16:50] | And if you could draw something on it… | 您要是能给我画点什么 |
[16:52] | Well, actually, I do a pretty good rocket. | 其实我画火箭可好看了 |
[16:55] | Oh, no, Antonia. Mr. Shaw is not giving away art. | 哦 不行 Antonia Shaw先生可不能随便画画送人 |
[16:58] | Just write “Mike Shaw”. Isn’t that nice?.. | 写上Mike Shaw就好 真棒 不是吗 |
[17:01] | Okay, there you go. That’s for you. Come along… | 好了 给你 拿好了 走吧 |
[17:04] | Please, just say a few words | 拜托了 至少评论几句 |
[17:06] | about the dry wit of “The Sandwich Maker”. | “做三明治的人”的妙处吧 |
[17:13] | -Who wants another tour? -I do. -Okay, get out. | – 谁想再参观一下 – 我想 – 好了 快出去 |
[17:16] | Niles, why don’t you show them the secret passageway? | Niles 你带他们看看秘密走廊怎么样 |
[17:19] | -Oh, what a good idea. -Come on then. | – 哦 真是个好主意 – 请过来吧 |
[17:20] | I’ll catch up with you. Don’t let them in the panic room. | 我等下就来 别让他们进避难室 |
[17:27] | -Oh, hello. I’d almost given up on you. It’s lovely. -Thanks. | – 哦 你好啊 我还以为你不来了呢 真漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[17:32] | If you don’t mind, I find it’s best to get | 如果你不介意的话 我想最好 |
[17:34] | – paid while there’s still evidence. -Yes, of course, of course. | – 趁着还有证据的时候把账结了 – 好的 当然 当然 |
[17:36] | I tell you what, if you’ll just wheel it | 话说 你把它推到 |
[17:38] | over there by the dining rotunda, I’ll be right with you. | 饭厅边上吧 我马上就来 |
[17:42] | The coast is clear. Come on, | 岸边没人了 快来 |
[17:44] | let’s get a bottle of champagne and go back up. | 咱们拿一瓶香槟再回去 |
[17:48] | Hey, you’re Mike Shaw! I studied | 嘿 您是Mike Shaw 我在艺术学院 |
[17:50] | you in art school. You’re a major influence. | 学过您的作品 您的影响力非常大 |
[17:53] | Well, that’s very flattering. | 真是受宠若惊 |
[17:55] | Well, shall we get back upstairs for round 3? | 我们回楼上来第三轮怎么样 |
[17:58] | She’s talking about the fight. | 她说的是拳赛 |
[18:01] | ‘Course, the night’s still young… | 当然了 时候还早 |
[18:08] | And here, and that, and here you go, | 这里 还有那个 给你 |
[18:10] | – and… thank you. -No, thank you. | – 多谢了 – 不 是我谢你才对 |
[18:12] | I just met one of my heroes, Mike Shaw. | 我刚见到了我的偶像 Mike Shaw |
[18:15] | -Oh, yes. In the hall? -No, right here. | – 哦 是啊 在走廊里 – 不 就在这 |
[18:19] | Don’t tell me: white hair, cane, plaid shirt, character? | 不会是 白头发 拐杖 格衬衫 有个性 |
[18:24] | -Forgot the list. -Right. | – 忘拿清单了 – 没错 |
[18:25] | – Mr.Shaw… -For God’s sake. All right, here… | – Shaw先生 – 天哪 好吧 进这里 |
[18:29] | Dad! You’re not supposed to be here! | 爸 你不该待在这 |
[18:32] | Niles! You’re not supposed to be here! | Niles 你也不该待在这 |
[18:35] | And what’s in here? | 这里是什么 |
[18:38] | -Oh, Mr. Shaw, you came back! -Yeah, I, uh, felt better. | – 哦 Shaw先生 您回来了 – 是啊 我感觉好点了 |
[18:43] | Then you must tell us about your work. | 那您一定要给我们讲讲您的作品 |
[18:44] | We’re collectors, you know. | 我们都是收藏家 您知道 |
[18:45] | Oh, but this is a party. I, uh, I… art all the time. | 哦 但是这是个聚会啊 我 呃 平时都在搞艺术 |
[18:51] | -Come on, let’s get you another drink. -Fun party. | – 快来 我们给您拿杯饮料 – 聚会真棒 |
[18:56] | It’s nice to see you step out of Frasier’s shadow. | 真高兴看见你摆脱了Frasier的阴影 |
[18:59] | I think he might have been holding you back. | 我觉得他可能一直在拖你后腿 |
[19:01] | Okay, I have to get out there before Dad says something stupid. | 好吧 我得在爸说什么蠢话之前出去 |
[19:04] | Let’s get these hens browning so we can eat as soon as possible. | 尽快把鸡烤好开吃吧 |
[19:08] | Mmm. That’s Frasier’s signature sauce. | 嗯 是Frasier的招牌酱汁 |
[19:10] | Except it’s so much better. | 不过比他做的好吃多了 |
[19:13] | I think you should send him the recipe. | 你该把你的配方给他 |
[19:29] | I’m holding him back. Your sauce is better than mine. | 我拖他后腿 你的酱汁比我的好吃多了 |
[19:37] | Honestly, I don’t even know why I try. | 说真的 我干这些都是为了什么啊 |
[19:39] | I stand here, slaving over a hot stove and for what? | 我站在炉子前面做牛做马都是为了什么啊 |
[19:43] | Does anyone appreciate me? No! | 有人感激我吗 根本没有 |
[19:47] | Are you getting close, Mr.Slovotkin? | Slovotkin先生 您快完成了吗 |
[19:49] | These things take time, miss. | 这些活是要花时间的 小姐 |
[19:55] | Who do you think I am, that mouse | 你以为我是谁 动画片里 |
[19:57] | in the cartoons that goes fast? What’s his name? | 那只跑得很快的小老鼠 叫什么来着 |
[20:01] | -Speedy Gonzalez? -No. | – 飞毛腿冈萨勒斯 – 不是 |
[20:05] | The little mouse, big hat and he goes very fast. | 那只小老鼠 戴大帽子 跑得很快那个 |
[20:10] | -That’s Speedy Gonzalez. -No! It’s a mouse. | – 那就是飞毛腿冈萨勒斯 – 不 是只小老鼠 |
[20:15] | This is going to drive me crazy. | 真是要把我逼疯了 |
[20:18] | Hello? I have no idea. | 喂 我也不知道 |
[20:21] | Can’t you just stall dinner for a little while? | 你不能把晚饭再拖后一点吗 |
[20:25] | All right, don’t yell. | 好吧 别嚷了 |
[20:26] | My friend wants to talk to you, Mr. Slovotkin. | 我朋友想和你说话 Slovotkin先生 |
[20:30] | Oh, it’s very small. | 哦 这电话好小啊 |
[20:34] | Hello? I’m going as fast as I can. I’m not | 喂 我已经尽快了 我又不是 |
[20:40] | that little mouse that goes zip all around. What’s his name? | 那只嗖嗖地跑来跑去的小老鼠 叫什么来着 |
[20:46] | No! That’s what she said. | 不是 那和她说的一样 |
[20:51] | He’s a mouse! | 那是只小老鼠 |
[20:53] | What impresses me the most is the way you reinvent identity | 最让我印象深刻的是您在署名匿名 |
[20:57] | while recording anonymity. | 的时候重新定义身份的方式 |
[20:59] | -Well, that took years to get down. -Yes. | – 是啊 得练好几年呢 – 没错 |
[21:04] | Come on, tell us. What do you think of Warhol? | 拜托 告诉我们 您对沃霍尔怎么看 |
[21:09] | Crap. | 垃圾 |
[21:11] | -Kienholz? -Crap. | – 金霍尔兹呢 – 垃圾 |
[21:15] | It is so refreshing to have someone speak so candidly. | 听您这么坦率的人讲话真是耳目一新 |
[21:18] | And you have to believe me because I’m a fancy-ass artist. | 你也不得不相信我因为我是个牛逼艺术家啊 |
[21:27] | I know, why don’t you take us | 我想到了 您干嘛不带我们 |
[21:28] | through the house | 在房子里转转 |
[21:29] | and you can tell us what you think of Niles’ art? | 告诉我们你对Niles的艺术品有什么看法 |
[21:31] | Oh, sure… I’ve been waiting to do that for a long time. | 哦 当然好 我早就想这么干了 |
[21:39] | You can’t brown the hens yet. | 现在还不能烤鸡 |
[21:41] | If we wait any longer, their skins will wrinkle | 如果我们再等一会 鸡皮就会起皱 |
[21:44] | and my sauce will separate. | 我的酱汁也会分层 |
[21:46] | – Is that what you want? -I… -Is that what you want!? | – 你想搞成那样吗 – 我 – 你想搞成那样吗 |
[21:50] | – Daphne -Daphne? | |
[21:52] | -Damn it. | – 该死的 |
[21:55] | You’re not supposed to be in here! | 你不该待在这 |
[22:01] | I’m sorry, Dad’s run amok. | 对不起 爸已经失去控制了 |
[22:02] | – Why aren’t the hens browning? -Because they’re not ready yet. | – 为什么还没开始烤鸡 – 因为还没准备好 |
[22:07] | -Well, they look ready. -Yes, well, they’re not. | – 看起来已经准备好了 – 实际上没准备好 |
[22:10] | Well, we’ll just serve them as is. | 算了 我们就这么上吧 |
[22:11] | -You can’t, they’re not brown. -Well, we’re going to. | – 不行 还没烤好呢 – 就这么上吧 |
[22:13] | -I’m going to get a platter. -Don’t open that door! | – 我拿个大盘子 – 别开那扇门 |
[22:17] | Stop that, I already saw him. | 别玩了 我看见他了 |
[22:20] | -What are you doing here? -I am saving your party, | – 你在这干什么 – 我在拯救你的聚会 |
[22:22] | – that’s what I’m doing. -Niles… | – 我就是在干这件事 – Niles |
[22:25] | You don’t have to explain. | 你不用解释了 |
[22:26] | Frasier’s presence here is clearly why this party’s gone awry. | Frasier的存在就是聚会越走越歪的原因 |
[22:30] | Oh really? Well, if that’s what you think, | 哦 真的吗 如果你这么想的话 |
[22:33] | then I will gladly take MY signature sauce and go. | 那我很高兴带着我的招牌酱汁走人 |
[22:36] | -Your signature sauce… -And that reminds me. | – 你的招牌酱汁 – 想起来了 |
[22:38] | You won’t be needing to use my poultry shears. | 你也不需要用我的禽类剪刀了 |
[22:41] | No, no, you can’t. It’s already here, | 不不 不行 已经在这了 |
[22:42] | – it’s already here. -This is mine! | – 已经在这了 – 这是我的 |
[22:43] | No, no! It’s on my property! | 不 不 是在我家里 |
[22:45] | -Oh, stop it, stop it, both of you! -Fine! | – 别抢了 别抢了 你们两个 – 好啊 |
[22:53] | -What have you done? -I’m not sorry, | – 你做了什么 – 我不感到抱歉 |
[22:56] | you’ve been asking for this for years! | 这么多年来你自找的 |
[23:01] | No, it’s not what you think. See? Yummy. | 不 不是你们想的那样 看 好吃的 |
[23:06] | No, no, it’s sauce. We just had a | 不 不 这是酱汁 我们只是 |
[23:08] | little kitchen mishap. We’ll just get this cleaned up. | 有点小小的厨房事故 我们会清理掉的 |
[23:11] | -Here, wipe it on this. -Thanks, Dad. | – 给 拿这个擦 – 谢谢 爸 |
[23:14] | That is no Mike Shaw. | 那不是Mike Shaw的作品 |
[23:17] | What happened to my painting? | 我的画哪去了 |
[23:19] | -Did you know about this, Mike? -I may have. | – 你知道这幅画吗 Mike – 可能知道吧 |
[23:24] | Oh, give it up, Martin. This isn’t Mike Shaw, | 哦 别装了 Martin 这位不是Mike Shaw |
[23:27] | – it’s Niles’ father. -What are you trying to pull, Crane? | – 是Niles的父亲 – 你在搞什么鬼 Crane |
[23:32] | This is uncomfortable. We should go. | 真让人不舒服 我们走吧 |
[23:35] | No, no, no, please! Listen to me, listen. | 不不不 求你们了 听我说 |
[23:38] | Yes, there’s been some deception and things | 没错 我们是骗了你们 |
[23:40] | have gotten out of hand, but no real harm has been done. | 情况也有些失控 但是无伤大雅 |
[23:44] | I made some mistakes. People make mistakes, | 我犯了错误 人们都会犯错 |
[23:47] | but that’s no reason to abandon them. | 但是不应该因为这个就抛弃他们 |
[23:50] | This night can still be a success. | 今晚仍然可以过得很成功 |
[23:52] | We’ve got the food, and you’re all here | 我们准备了饭菜 你们也都来了 |
[23:54] | and when I tell you about what happened, | 等我给你们讲今晚到底发生了什么 |
[23:57] | we’ll all have a good laugh about it. | 我们都会付之一笑的 |
[23:59] | So, please, everybody stay. | 所以拜托了 请大家留下吧 |
[24:04] | -All right. -Thank you. -Well done, Daphne. | – 好吧 – 谢谢你们 – 做的不错 Daphne |
[24:34] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
[24:45] | All right. Get your coats. | 好吧 拿上外套走人吧 |
[24:55] | Daphne, congratulations. | Daphne 恭喜你 |
[25:00] | You’re now officially a Crane. | 现在你正式成为Crane家的一员了 |