时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Ooh, Niles, sorry I’m late. Did you sign us up? | Niles 抱歉我迟到了 你给咱俩报名了吗 |
[00:11] | Um, Frasier, I’ve been thinking. | Frasier 我一直在想 |
[00:13] | How many years have we teamed up for the squash tournament, | 咱们搭档参加壁球比赛 每到第二轮就被淘汰 |
[00:15] | – …only to be eliminated in the second round? – Nine. | – 这种情况已经多少年了 – 九年 |
[00:17] | Exactly. Don’t you think it’s time we came up with a new strategy? | 没错 你不觉得我们应该采取新策略了吗 |
[00:22] | Niles, if you’re talking about | Niles 如果你指的是 |
[00:23] | taking that powder that’s made from sheep’s glands, | 服用那种绵羊腺体做的药粉 |
[00:24] | …the answer is never again! | 答案是绝不 |
[00:27] | Actually, I was thinking of something more fundamental. | 实际上 我想从基础上改变问题 |
[00:29] | It occurs to me that after nine years… | 我觉得吧 这都九年了 |
[00:31] | Shh, shh, Niles, Niles, | 嘘 先别说了 Niles |
[00:32] | here comes that two-faced braggart Jim Blake. | 虚伪自大狂Jim Blake来了 |
[00:33] | Jim, looking good! | Jim 气色不错啊 |
[00:35] | – Thanks, Frasier, thanks. – So, you signed up for the tournament? | – 谢谢 Frasier – 你报名了吗 |
[00:38] | Uh, I don’t know. Have we, partner? | 我还不清楚 报名了吗 搭档 |
[00:45] | Awesome, awesome, let’s do it! I’ll see you on the court, bro. | 棒极了 让我们大干一场吧 一会儿场上见 伙计 |
[00:55] | – It’s not what it looks like. – It’s exactly what it looks like. | – 事情不是你看到的这样 – 明明就是 |
[00:58] | You’ve teamed up with someone younger and in better shape. | 你和年轻健壮的新搭档跑了 |
[01:00] | No, Frasier. You know I don’t care about such superficial things. | 不是的 Frasier 你知道我不看重那些肤浅的东西 |
[01:02] | That Jim is bad news. | 那个Jim可不是什么好人 |
[01:04] | He struts around here in those ridiculous-looking Swedish goggles | 整天戴着一副可笑的瑞典式泳镜招摇过市 |
[01:07] | – …that everybody thinks are so cool. – Jim. | – 人们还都觉得那玩意挺酷的 – Jim啊 |
[01:12] | You know, I just wish you’d told me sooner | 你不能早点告诉我吗 |
[01:14] | instead of waiting until the last minute. | 非要等到最后一刻 |
[01:15] | Does Jim know you’re passive-agressive? | Jim知道你是这种消极对抗型的吗 |
[01:18] | Believe me, neither Jim nor I expected this to happen, | 相信我 这不是我们预谋好的 |
[01:21] | but our games just meshed. We would have teamed up sooner, | 但我们打球很合拍 应该早就搭档的 |
[01:24] | but the timing was never right. | 但是时机总是不合适 |
[01:26] | Either Jim was with a squash partner, | 不是他已经有了搭档 |
[01:27] | …or I was playing with you… | 就是我和你组队了 |
[01:28] | Fine, go, just go, go, go to your new partner. | 得了 走吧 走吧 找你的新搭档去吧 |
[01:31] | I don’t care, who needs you? | 我才不在乎 我也不需要你 |
[01:34] | Niles Niles… | |
[01:37] | don’t forget to wear your wrist brace, | 别忘了戴护腕 |
[01:38] | you know how easily you sprain. | 不然你很容易扭伤的 |
[01:46] | Hi…Frasier! Chelsea Gray. | 嗨 Frasier 我是Chelsea Gray |
[01:50] | – We met a few months ago. – Oh, yes! | – 我们几个月前见过的 – 对 没错 |
[01:51] | You were kicking the Gatorade machine. | 那时你正在踹佳得乐自动售卖机 |
[01:53] | Of course, I remember. | 对对 我当然记得 |
[01:54] | I had inserted my dollar bill with Washington’s face up, | 我把一块钱正面朝上投了进去 |
[01:57] | as per the diagram, and was vended nothing. | 就和图示上一样 结果饮料不出来 |
[02:00] | Did you ever write that letter? | 你后来写投诉信了吗 |
[02:01] | Indeed I did. The matter still pends. | 我写了 问题到现在还没解决 |
[02:05] | Aah! So, did you sign up for the tournament? | 哈哈 你报名参赛了吗 |
[02:07] | Uh, well, I was going to, | 呃 我刚刚正准备报名 |
[02:09] | but, uh, I just found out my, uh, | 结果发现 |
[02:10] | customary partner has made other plans this year. | 我的老搭档今年找了别人 |
[02:13] | Well, would you be interested | 那么 你有没有兴趣 |
[02:15] | in playing mixed doubles? I’m a girls PE teacher, | 参加混双比赛 我是女校体育老师 |
[02:18] | so it’d be nice to play with a guy for a change. | 能和男士搭档一次也是不错的 |
[02:21] | Well, thanks for the offer, but after what I’ve just been through, | 谢谢你邀请我 不过经过刚才的事 |
[02:23] | I’m not sure I’m ready to partner up again. | 我好像还没做好找新搭档的准备 |
[02:25] | That’s too bad. I’ve seen you play. We’d make a good team. | 太遗憾了 我见过你打球 咱俩搭档会很强的 |
[02:30] | You already resorting to playing with the girls, Frasier? | 你都掉价到要和女生搭档了吗 Frasier |
[02:33] | No offense, sweetie. | 无意冒犯 亲爱的 |
[02:38] | Excuse me. | 稍等一下 |
[02:44] | Nice shot, partner! | 好球啊 搭档 |
[02:55] | Here we are. Hello, all! | 我们到了 大家好啊 |
[02:58] | You’ll never guess who just won their squash tournament! | 你们绝对猜不到壁球赛冠军是谁 |
[03:01] | If only we had a big, shiny clue. | 要是我们能看到谁拿着奖杯就好了 |
[03:05] | Well, hey, that’s great news. Congratulations! | 真是个好消息啊 祝贺 |
[03:08] | – Well, I owe it all to my partner. – Oh, thank you, partner. | – 这都多亏了我的好搭档 – 过奖了 搭档 |
[03:11] | But I think it’s really due to our partnership. | 这是我们配合无间的成果 |
[03:15] | Aha, well, now you know what they say: there’s no “I” In “Team.” | 就像那句老话说的 团队里没有私心 |
[03:18] | Like there is in “Niles!” | Niles可就不一样了 |
[03:23] | – So here, Dad. Check it out! – Well, would you look at that! | – 给 老爸 快看看 – 哇 太棒了 |
[03:27] | I didn’t think I’d ever see the day | 我都没想过这辈子 |
[03:28] | one of my boys would win a trophy | 还能看到我儿子赢得一个 |
[03:30] | that didn’t have a book on it. | 和书本无关的奖杯 |
[03:33] | Now all that’s left on my list is shake hands with Hank Aaron, | 现在我的愿望清单还剩下与Hank Aaron握手 |
[03:36] | kiss Sally Field on the mouth, | 还有和Sally Field接吻 |
[03:37] | and then I can go on and be with your mother. | 然后我就能去找你们的老妈了 |
[03:41] | You know, Jim and I may have our own trophy soon. | 我和Jim也有可能夺冠 |
[03:43] | We’re still alive in the men’s doubles bracket. | 我们在男双赛还没被淘汰呢 |
[03:45] | Oh, please, Niles, your partner couldn’t be carrying you any more | 得了吧 Niles 你继续这么菜下去 |
[03:48] | if he put you in a Snugli and strapped you to his stomach. | 搭档再强也带不动你 |
[03:53] | Well, I’m proud of both of you. | 你们俩都让我骄傲 |
[03:55] | And squash might not be the toughest of sports, | 壁球虽然没那么激烈 |
[03:57] | but it’s still technically a sport. | 但好歹也算是个运动 |
[03:59] | What? Squash can be pretty tough. | 什么 壁球可是很激烈的 |
[04:02] | Oh, no! No, no. I once saw | 不 说真的 有一次我看见 |
[04:04] | a guy break his leg in a mid-court collision. | 一个男的在碰撞中断了腿 |
[04:06] | The bone was poking through his skin, | 骨头戳出了皮肤 |
[04:08] | and he still finished the point. | 他还是撑着拿到了那一分 |
[04:11] | – That’s the game you guys play? – Hell, yeah! | – 这和你们玩的是一种运动 – 当然了 |
[04:15] | – Frasier, do you mind if I use your phone? – No, of course not. | – Frasier 我能不能用一下你的电话 – 当然可以 |
[04:19] | I’ll tell you what. Come use the one in the other room. | 来用另一个房间的电话吧 |
[04:20] | That’ll give you some privacy. After you, my lady. | 能给你留一些隐私 女士先请 |
[04:26] | You know, Dad, when Jim and I win our trophies, | 老爸 等到我和Jim得了冠军以后 |
[04:29] | I’m going to give mine to you. | 我会把我的奖杯送给你 |
[04:30] | Thank you, son! But I don’t want you | 谢谢 儿子 但我不希望你因为 |
[04:32] | moping around here if your brother wins one and you don’t. | 你哥哥夺冠而你没有 就闷闷不乐 |
[04:35] | – Oh, please, Dad, I’m a little more mature than that. – No, you’re not. | – 行了 爸 我还没那么幼稚 – 你就是这么幼稚 |
[04:41] | It still bugs you that his name comes first alphabetically. | 他的名字按字母排列比你靠前 你还耿耿于怀呢 |
[04:44] | Well, that was your fault. | 那不都是你的错吗 |
[04:49] | – Your girlfriend seems nice. – She is nice, | – 你女朋友看着人不错 – 确实不错 |
[04:52] | but she’s certainly not my girlfriend. | 不过她不是我的女友 |
[04:54] | I do find her attractive, but | 我是挺喜欢她的 |
[04:57] | I’m not sure I’m anything more than a teammate to her. | 但我觉得她只把我当成队友 |
[05:01] | – Well, from what I’ve seen, I’d say she likes you a lot. – Really? | – 我觉得她很喜欢你 – 真的吗 |
[05:04] | She did kiss me once. | 她确实亲过我一次 |
[05:07] | But I think that was just in an overflow of emotion | 但我觉得那只是出于兴奋 |
[05:08] | after one of our victories. You know, | 我们当时刚赢了比赛 |
[05:10] | I suppose that happens all the time on sports teams. | 运动场上应该经常发生这种事情吧 |
[05:12] | It doesn’t! | 并不 |
[05:15] | Of course I can’t speak for the Canadian leagues. | 不过加拿大那边就不好说了 |
[05:19] | Well, truth be told, now that there’s | 说实话 现在 |
[05:20] | not the excitement of the tournament to fuel the fires, | 锦标赛已经结束了 估计也就这样了 |
[05:25] | I don’t think we really have much in common in the real world. | 在现实生活中 我们好像没什么共同点 |
[05:28] | You have your ostentations trophies. | 你们还可以一起卖弄奖杯啊 |
[05:33] | Well, it was good seeing you all, but I have to get going. | 很高兴见到大家 但是我得先走了 |
[05:35] | – Oh, so soon? – You just got here. | – 这么快吗 – 才刚来没一会儿 |
[05:36] | I have an early faculty meeting. | 我得赶去参加教职工大会 |
[05:38] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[05:41] | – Come back! – Bye! See ya! Congratulations. | – 以后常来啊 – 再见了 恭喜 |
[05:51] | – Well, I, uh, I certainly had a great time the last few weeks. – Me too. | – 过去这几周我玩的很开心 – 我也是 |
[05:54] | Call me again if you want to play sometime. | 还想打球的话记得叫我 |
[06:02] | I don’t suppose you’d want to take this to the next level? | 你有没有想要进一步发展的想法 |
[06:05] | Oh, I gave up my dream of professional squash years ago. | 我多年前就放弃了职业壁球梦 |
[06:12] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是说这个 |
[06:14] | Um, maybe I could think of another way to put it. | 也许我能用另一种方式来表达 |
[06:35] | – Hi, Daph! – Hey, I didn’t expect to see you here. | – 嗨 Daph – 嗨 没想到在这儿能见到你 |
[06:38] | Niles said you were going out with Chelsea. | Niles说你和Chelsea约会去了 |
[06:39] | Oh, yes, I just thought I’d stop by for a quick pick-me-up | 是的 我想在去接她之前 |
[06:42] | – …before I pick her up. – Does she laugh at that kind of stuff? | – 先提提神 – 你说这些她会笑吗 |
[06:45] | – You know, she does. – Hold on to this one. | – 会啊 – 那你可要珍惜她 |
[06:47] | I intend to. Uh, espresso, please. | 我努力吧 一杯黑咖啡 谢谢 |
[06:52] | You know, every day I learn something new about her. | 每一天 我都能认识到她新的一面 |
[06:55] | She enjoys reading poetry in the bath. | 她喜欢在泡澡时读诗 |
[07:00] | She’s an excellent cook. It’s like she’s the perfect girl for me. | 她做饭也很棒 感觉没有人比她更适合我了 |
[07:03] | Well, I think you make a lovely couple. | 我也觉得你们两个很配 |
[07:06] | Even though Niles can’t believe you’re dating a gym teacher. | 尽管Niles不敢相信你会和体育老师约会 |
[07:08] | He says it’s a betrayal of your younger selves. | 他说你这是对年少时光的背叛 |
[07:11] | Yes, it’s perfectly understandable. | 确实很不可思议 |
[07:13] | We didn’t have much luck with gym teachers when we were kids. | 我俩小的时候最怕体育老师 |
[07:16] | They were always so derisive and ego-crippling. | 他们总是嘲弄你 让你自尊扫地 |
[07:18] | There was this one in particular, | 有一个尤其这样 |
[07:20] | …Coach Fuller. He was the worst. | Fuller教练 他是最差劲的 |
[07:24] | The kind of man that | 这个男人 |
[07:25] | would make the whole class wait while you did your pushup. | 他会让全班都等着你做完俯卧撑 |
[07:29] | It was so traumatizing, | 心理创伤太大了 |
[07:30] | I would actually lose my lunch before gym period. | 上体育课前 我都会紧张到吐光午饭 |
[07:33] | Except on those days when my lunch money was stolen. | 除非当天饭钱被偷 |
[07:35] | Then I’d just dry heave. | 那样我只会干呕 |
[07:38] | Niles has tons of stories like that. | Niles也有一堆那样的故事 |
[07:41] | You know… perhaps getting to know Chelsea | 也许熟悉Chelsea |
[07:43] | will help Niles to exorcise his demons | 可以帮助Niles驱除心魔 |
[07:46] | …and put them behind him. | 让他把那些事抛之脑后 |
[07:47] | He’s running out of room back there. | 估计他脑后也没什么容量了 |
[07:50] | – Hey, Roz! – Hey, Daphne. Hey, Frasier. | – 嗨 Roz – 嗨 Daphne 嗨 Frasier |
[07:52] | -Hi, Roz. You all right? – Well, I was fine | – 嗨 Roz 你还好吧 – 本来挺好的 |
[07:54] | until I saw Julia in the parking lot. | 直到我在停车场碰见了Julia |
[07:56] | Why does she have to come here? | 她干嘛非得来这儿 |
[07:58] | For God’s sake, Roz, I’m a little tired | 天哪 Roz 我已经有点受不了 |
[08:00] | of hearing you complain about Julia all the time. | 整天听你不停地抱怨Julia了 |
[08:03] | Why don’t you just give her a chance? | 你就不能给她个机会吗 |
[08:04] | How about her? | 她怎么不给我呢 |
[08:06] | I’ve been working with her for over a month and she shows me no respect. | 我都和她当同事一个月了 她还是根本不尊重我 |
[08:10] | She’s mean and arrogant, | 她既刻薄又自大 |
[08:12] | but not in a funny way like you. Could I have a latte, please? | 还不是像你这种滑稽型的 来杯拿铁 谢谢 |
[08:15] | Listen, the woman took a portion of my show to do her financial drivel. | 为了她的”财经胡话” 我的节目都被缩短了 |
[08:18] | You don’t hear me complaining about her all the time. | 那我也没有整天抱怨她 |
[08:19] | Now enough is enough. | 差不多得了 |
[08:21] | Julia…why don’t you come and join us? | Julia 过来一起坐吧 |
[08:24] | Oh, all right. Thank you. | 哦 好啊 谢谢 |
[08:29] | Hello, Frasier. | 你好 Frasier |
[08:34] | Well, isn’t this nice. | 这样不挺好的吗 |
[08:37] | All right, it’s come to my attention | 行了 我也已经注意到了 |
[08:39] | that there is some tension between the two of you. | 你们俩之间有些情绪 |
[08:40] | Now, as it is entirely possible | 我们很有可能 |
[08:43] | that we will be spending a great deal of time together, | 会一起度过很长的时间 |
[08:45] | I think it’s important that | 所以我认为 |
[08:45] | we establish an environment of mutual respect. | 互相尊重的工作环境十分重要 |
[08:48] | To that end, | 为了这一点 |
[08:50] | as it is impossible for the two of you to communicate at all, | 由于你们俩现在完全不理对方 |
[08:53] | it’s time for me to roll up my sleeves and facilitate. | 那么沟通的桥梁只能由我构建 |
[08:58] | Finding some common ground would be the first step, | 第一步 就是找到一些你们的共同点 |
[09:01] | perhaps a love of plants, the seed… | 比如说共同喜爱的植物 |
[09:04] | You sure love to hear yourself talk. | 你还真是喜欢说个不停啊 |
[09:06] | And it’s impossible to tune him out. | 而且不听还不行 |
[09:08] | – How can you stand it? – The key is to know when to say “Uh-huh.” | – 你怎么受得了 – 诀窍是说”嗯哼”的时机要对 |
[09:12] | Fine, fine, all right. If I am your common ground, so be it. | 也行 如果共同点就是奚落我 那就来吧 |
[09:16] | – Please feel free to tread upon me. – Uh-huh. | – 尽情地践踏我吧 – 嗯哼 |
[09:19] | The important thing is that you’re talking. | 最主要的是你们得和对方说话 |
[09:21] | – Communication… – Just go! | – 要交流 – 赶紧走吧 |
[09:29] | Okay, he’s gone. | 好了 他走了 |
[09:45] | Slowly. | 慢点来 |
[09:49] | Oh. Be with you in a minute. You can wait in my office. | 我一会儿就来 到我办公室等吧 |
[09:57] | Very nice, nice… | 好极了 |
[10:01] | All right, concentrate! | 注意力集中 |
[10:05] | Very good, alright! | 非常棒 |
[10:08] | “Please excuse my daughter Ruby from P.E. | “代我的女儿Ruby向您请假 |
[10:12] | She has a ‘delibitating’ disease.” | 她现在非常弱衰” |
[10:16] | Nice try, Ruby. | 露馅了啊 Ruby |
[10:19] | Okay, who didn’t climb rope yet? Campbell, you’re up! | 谁还没有爬绳子 Campbell 该你了 |
[10:34] | Oh, I’d forgotten how it felt to sneak a kiss in school. | 都忘了在学校偷偷接吻是什么感觉了 |
[10:37] | It always looked like fun. | 看起来一直很好玩 |
[10:39] | So I’ll be finished here in a second and then we can go. | 我马上结束 然后我们就可以走了 |
[10:42] | Great, great, I thought we’d try this new place. I just… | 好极了 我想去尝尝这家新饭店 |
[10:45] | Campbell, you’re not even trying! | Campbell 你根本就没使劲 |
[10:48] | Sorry, you were saying? | 抱歉 你刚说什么 |
[10:50] | I read a great review of this new restaurant. | 关于这家饭店 我读到了一篇很棒的点评 |
[10:51] | Apparently the chef is from… | 他们家的主厨是从 |
[10:55] | No one is leaving until Campbell climbs the rope! | Campbell爬不完绳子 你们都不许走 |
[10:59] | Excuse me for a moment. | 稍等我一下 |
[11:02] | Come on! You can sleep through English! | 快点 你可以上英语课时候再睡觉 |
[11:06] | Toughen up, you can do it! | 坚强一点 你能行的 |
[11:08] | Let’s go, Campbell! Everybody’s waiting! | 快点 Campbell 大家都等着呢 |
[11:12] | Come on, Crane! Nobody is going home | 快点 Crane 谁都不许回家 |
[11:16] | – …until you haul that fat bucket of lard to the top! – I can’t! I can’t! | -直到你这头肥猪爬到顶 – 我做不到 我做不到 |
[11:26] | Just give me a few minutes, and I’ll be ready to go. | 再给我几分钟 我马上就好 |
[11:30] | Oh, I just need you to do one thing. | 你能帮我一个忙吗 |
[11:32] | Drop and give me 20, Crane! | 二十个俯卧撑 Crane |
[11:37] | – I beg your pardon? – Could you just round | – 什么 – 你能不能帮我 |
[11:39] | up the basketballs and put them in the rack over there? | 把篮球收起来放到架子上 |
[11:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:01] | Frasier, Niles has something he needs to tell you. | Frasier Niles有话对你说 |
[12:09] | Go on, tell him, I’m sick of hearing you complain! | 快 告诉他 我受够你的抱怨了 |
[12:15] | I made a mistake partnering with Jim. | 我和Jim组队是个错误 |
[12:18] | Our styles never really meshed, which wasn’t my fault, | 我们一点也不合拍 虽然不是我的错 |
[12:21] | but that didn’t stop him from | 但他还是 |
[12:22] | losing his temper during a match, and he yelled at me. | 在比赛时发火吼了我 |
[12:27] | With you, it was different. You brought honor to the game. | 而你不一样 你对这项运动充满敬意 |
[12:30] | Rejoin me, Frasier, and together we can rekindle the magic. | 回来吧 Frasier 我们可以一起再创奇迹 |
[12:36] | Please, take him back. | 求你 收下他吧 |
[12:37] | I cannot listen to another draft of this speech. | 我再也不想听他排练这段话了 |
[12:41] | – I’ll see you at home, sweetie. – Thanks, hon. | – 家里见 亲爱的 – 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[12:44] | – Niles, I’ll gladly re-team with you. – Just like that? | – Niles 我很高兴能和你重新组队 – 这么简单 |
[12:49] | I expected you to gloat and rub it in, | 我还想着你会幸灾乐祸 |
[12:52] | make me suffer. Don’t you care? | 不让我好过 你都不在乎吗 |
[12:55] | My apologies, Niles, it’s just that I’m a little | 抱歉 Niles 我只是有点分心了 |
[12:58] | distracted about something that happened yesterday at Chelsea’s school. | 我昨天在Chelsea的学校看到了一些事情 |
[13:01] | I’m sorry, but that reminds me. Chelsea sent me the sweetest gift | 你倒提醒我了 在我和Jim被淘汰以后 |
[13:04] | after Jim and I were eliminated from the tournament. | Chelsea送了我很贴心的礼物 |
[13:06] | It’s an actual squash | 她送了我一只壁球 |
[13:07] | – with a smiley face drawn on it. -That’s cute. | – 上面画着一张笑脸 – 真可爱 |
[13:10] | You know, when you first started dating her, | 你刚开始和她约会的时候 |
[13:12] | I couldn’t get past the fact that she was a gym teacher. | 她是个体育老师这一点让我无法接受 |
[13:14] | But she’s proven to be nothing like I expected. Kudos to you. | 但她和我想象中完全不同 向你致敬 |
[13:17] | Well, not sure I deserve such praise. | 实际上 我不确定是不是这样 |
[13:19] | No, no, don’t be so modest, Frasier. | 得了 别那么谦虚 Frasier |
[13:21] | You truly have a gift for seeing the inner beauty of a person. | 你确实可以透过表象看到人的内在美 |
[13:24] | I do try. | 我是这么努力的 |
[13:26] | Speak of the devil. Here’s Dad and Chelsea now. | 说曹操曹操到 老爸和Chelsea来了 |
[13:28] | – Hey, guys. Look who I ran into. – Hello, Dad. Hi, Chelsea! | – 嗨 看看我碰见谁了 – 嗨 老爸 嗨 Chelsea |
[13:35] | Niles. Hello, sweetie! | Niles 你好 亲爱的 |
[13:39] | – That’s a lovely outfit. – Really? You think so, huh? | – 你这身很漂亮 – 真的吗 |
[13:45] | I thought it might be a little racy, | 我本来觉得有点过于随意了 |
[13:47] | but then I thought, what the hell. | 但是我又想 管他呢 |
[13:49] | – What do you think, Frasier? – Oh, uh, it’s very becoming. | – Frasier 你觉得怎么样 – 我觉得很适合你 |
[13:54] | Thank you. Just let me grab a drink and we’ll be ready to go. | 谢谢 让我先点杯喝的 然后我们就可以走了 |
[13:59] | I usually stay out of your love affairs, son, | 通常我都不干涉你的感情生活 |
[14:01] | but you’ve got a good one here. Definitely a keeper. | 但这位真的不错 你得好好珍惜 |
[14:03] | Yes, and might I add, and excuse my gutter speak, hubba, hubba! | 没错 原谅我这么直白 赞啊赞啊 |
[14:08] | Back to our best behavior, there’s a lady present! | 好了 规矩点 有女士在场呢 |
[14:11] | I’m ready, sweetie! | 可以走了 亲爱的 |
[14:27] | “Love is a smoke raised in the fume of sighs, | “爱情是叹息吹起的一阵烟 |
[14:33] | being purged, a fire sparkling in a lover’s eyes…” | 恋人的眼中有它净化了的火星” |
[14:38] | – You all right? – What? I’m fine. | – 你没事吧 – 嗯 没事 |
[14:44] | “I am a vessel. Come tenderly and fill me | “我如一只圣杯 用你那爱情的甘露 |
[14:50] | with the nectar of your love.” | 轻柔地浸润我吧” |
[14:54] | So I figure since you’re the financial guru, you could help me out. | 我想 你是个财经专家 应该能帮帮我 |
[14:57] | Now obviously, I don’t want | 现在的情况是 |
[14:58] | to get involved in some get-rich-quick scheme, | 我用不着一夜暴富 |
[15:00] | but I do need to make a lot of money really fast. | 但我确实需要很快挣一笔 |
[15:04] | So what have you got? | 你有什么推荐 |
[15:05] | I don’t like to talk about work when I’m outside the office. | 在办公室之外 我不喜欢谈工作 |
[15:09] | – Thank you. – Right. Me neither. | – 谢谢 – 是啊 我也是 |
[15:17] | – Hey, there’s Roz! Hey, Roz, come join us. – I don’t think so. | – 嘿 Roz 过来一起坐 – 不用了 |
[15:19] | No, no, no, I won’t take “No” For an answer. Now, you sit down. | 过来吧 不准拒绝 现在坐下 |
[15:25] | – Hi, Julia. – Roz. | – 嗨 Julia – Roz |
[15:27] | Well, I know girl talk when I hear it. Bye. | 我就知道你们要聊女生话题了 回见 |
[15:34] | – I’ll go this time. – Thanks. | – 这次我走 – 谢谢 |
[15:39] | You know, maybe Frasier was right. | 你知道吗 也许Frasier是对的 |
[15:41] | Would it kill us to make some effort | 我们两个彼此客气一点 |
[15:43] | – …to be civil? – I guess not. | – 就那么难吗 – 我想不是 |
[15:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:51] | – So, your show was good today. – Yes, it was. | – 你今天的节目很不错 – 是的 确实很棒 |
[15:58] | And…and | 然后 |
[16:00] | – …your producing was topnotch. – Thanks. | -你的制片是一流的 – 谢谢 |
[16:06] | – Sugar? – Please. | – 加糖吗 – 谢谢 |
[16:10] | – Well, this isn’t so bad. – No, it’s not. | – 这也没那么糟嘛 – 对 |
[16:12] | Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot. | 也许我们一开始都有点过分了 |
[16:15] | Well, when you first started, | 一开始的时候 |
[16:16] | you know, I just thought you were kind of | 我还觉得你是那种 |
[16:18] | a bitch for ordering everybody around. | 颐指气使的婊子 |
[16:21] | That’s totally my fault. | 那完全是我的错 |
[16:23] | I have a tendency to be patronizing to, um, | 我确实有那种倾向 |
[16:26] | entry-level employees. | 对低级员工比较屈尊俯就 |
[16:32] | You know, I was going to say something earlier, | 我本来之前就要说点什么的 |
[16:33] | but when I heard your first show, | 但我听了你第一期节目 |
[16:35] | I figured you wouldn’t be here long. | 我就想反正你也呆不长了 |
[16:39] | Well, you certainly made an impression on me. | 你也给我留下了很深的印象 |
[16:41] | I remember, I kept thinking: | 我记得 我就一直在想 |
[16:43] | “Who did she sleep with to get this job?” And then I found out. | “她是和谁睡了才拿到这份工作” 后来我才发现 |
[16:46] | Everybody! | 每个人都睡了 |
[16:50] | That’s a good one! | 这一下够狠 |
[16:54] | You know, there’s a plunger in the bathroom, | 卫生间里有个马桶栓 |
[16:55] | what do you say we go look for your career? | 我们可以去马桶里找找你的前途 |
[16:59] | Great! While we’re in there I can get your phone number. | 好极了 我还能在小广告上拿到你的电话 |
[17:05] | Don’t bother, it’s 1-800-BITE ME. | 不用那么费劲 我的号码是”1800有本事咬我” |
[17:09] | “Bite me,” That’s the best that you’ve got? | “有本事咬我” 你就这点能耐啊 |
[17:10] | Oh, I could spend half an hour on your hair. | 呵呵 你的头发我可以说上半小时 |
[17:12] | – Well, you should have spent half an hour on your hair. – Oh, really? | – 你还是用那半小时打理自己的吧 – 得了吧 |
[17:16] | It’s closing time, ladies, | 我们要打烊了 女士们 |
[17:18] | – I’m afraid you’ll have to leave. – But we’re just warming up. | – 你们恐怕得离开了 – 我们才刚刚热身呢 |
[17:21] | You know, there’s a place down the street that, | 我知道那边有家店 |
[17:24] | uh, is open all night. | 整晚都开着 |
[17:25] | – Just like your mouth? – Just like your legs? | – 跟你的嘴一样吗 – 是跟你的腿一样吧 |
[17:30] | Hey, wait up! | 等等我 |
[17:41] | So, we’re just going to go to sleep, huh? | 我们就这么直接睡觉吗 |
[17:50] | I’m really tired. | 我真的很累了 |
[17:53] | – You sure you don’t want to watch TV or get something to eat? – No. | – 你确定不想看电视或者吃点东西吗 – 不用了 |
[17:58] | – I know someone who’s ticklish! – Oh, no, stop, stop, stop! | – 某人怕痒我可知道哦 – 别别 停 |
[18:07] | Okay, Frasier. | 好吧 Frasier |
[18:09] | You’ve been acting weird all day. What’s going on? | 你一整天都很奇怪 怎么了 |
[18:14] | – Well, it’s a little complicated. – What is? Is there a problem? | – 情况有点复杂 – 什么复杂 有什么问题吗 |
[18:26] | Yes, Chelsea, there is. | 是的 Chelsea 有问题 |
[18:28] | It disturbed me yesterday when | 从昨天就开始困扰我了 |
[18:30] | I saw you yelling at that little girl on the rope. | 我看到你吼了那个爬绳子的女孩 |
[18:34] | I couldn’t believe how harsh you were. | 我不敢相信你那么残酷 |
[18:37] | You may not realize it, | 你可能意识不到 |
[18:38] | but that can have a crippling effect on a child. | 但那会给孩子留下很负面的影响 |
[18:40] | What? I didn’t think I was being excessively harsh. | 什么 我没觉得我过分残酷了 |
[18:46] | – I was just trying to motivate her. – Yes, | – 我只是想激励她 – 是的 |
[18:49] | well, the way you were shouting, it was hard to tell. | 但你那样吼她 孩子可分辨不了 |
[18:53] | When you’re a child, all you know is you’re being singled out. | 孩子只会觉得 自己被当成了典型 |
[19:00] | I have no right to tell you how to do your job, | 我没有权利指导你的工作 |
[19:01] | it’s my problem, not yours. | 这是我的问题 不是你的 |
[19:05] | No, no, you may have a point. | 不 也许你是对的 |
[19:10] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[19:12] | I do push too hard. | 我是有点要求过高了 |
[19:15] | sometimes, I forget just how fragile kids can be. | 有时候 我会忘记孩子们有多么脆弱 |
[19:24] | Really? You agree with me? | 真的吗 你同意我说的 |
[19:25] | Yes, I do. Thank you, Frasier. | 我同意 谢谢你 Frasier |
[19:37] | It’s sweet of you to care so much. | 你这么关心 真的很贴心 |
[19:40] | Well, you’re worth caring about. | 你值得我关心 |
[19:45] | Now, come on, let’s go have a nice romantic dinner. | 来吧 我们去吃一顿丰盛的浪漫晚餐吧 |
[19:53] | Okay, let me just go get ready. | 好的 让我换个衣服 |
[19:56] | You know, when I heard you shouting at that little girl today, | 我今天看到你吼那个女孩的时候 |
[19:58] | …I swear, it just brought back | 我发誓 那真的打开了 |
[20:00] | – a flood of memories from my own childhood. – Really? | – 我童年记忆的闸门 – 真的吗 |
[20:03] | Oh, yeah. You know, my gym teacher was constantly yelling at me | 是啊 我原来的体育老师就总是对我大喊大叫 |
[20:08] | because I couldn’t do a single pull-up, | 因为我一个俯卧撑都做不来 |
[20:10] | or a lap around the track. | 跑步也坚持不了一圈 |
[20:13] | – Not even one? – Oh, please. I was a very late bloomer.. | – 一个都不行吗 – 拜托 我发育太晚了 |
[20:18] | I could barely do a jumping jack without getting a nosebleed. | 做个开合跳我都要流鼻血 |
[20:22] | And let’s not begin to talk about the climbing rope! | 更别说爬绳子了 |
[20:26] | There we go, all done! | 好了 我们走吧 |
[20:34] | Well, what do you say I get us a table at Petite Auberge? | 我在贝提特给咱们定个位子怎么样 |
[20:42] | They do an excellent veal chop. | 他们的小牛排很不错 |
[20:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:47] | After you, milady. | 你先请 亲爱的 |