时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | So, on behalf of myself, the many volunteers, | 谨代表我本人 诸多志愿者们 |
[00:12] | and especially the team from KACL | 特别是来自KACL的团队 |
[00:15] | I’d like to welcome you, the Grant family, | 我想欢迎Grant一家 |
[00:17] | to your new Habitat For Humanity house. | 来到仁爱之家为你们布置的新房子 |
[00:20] | Uh, Ronnie, if I may… | Ronnie 请允许我 |
[00:23] | When my co-workers first signed me up for this project | 当我的同事一开始在我不知情的情况下 |
[00:26] | without my knowledge, I was, uh… | 为我报名时 我觉得 嗯 |
[00:28] | well, I’ll say it: irked. | 那我直说了 觉得可恶 |
[00:32] | But I’m glad they did. | 但我很高兴他们这么做了 |
[00:34] | Because I’ve had a chance to learn the pride | 因为这样我就有幸领悟到 |
[00:37] | that comes when you build something with your own two hands. | 用双手筑造换来的骄傲 |
[00:42] | As carpenter’s helper, I sanded that newel post out there. | 作为木工帮手 我亲手为楼梯柱抛光 |
[00:47] | As painter’s helpers’s assistant, I stirred the paint | 作为刷漆帮手助理 我亲手搅拌了 |
[00:51] | for the trim in the kitchen. | 装饰厨房的油漆 |
[00:54] | I was also surprised to learn that | 我也很意外地发现 |
[00:55] | electricians don’t have helpers. | 原来电工不需要帮手 |
[01:01] | – It’s getting dark… – Oh, right, right, of course. | – 时候不早了 – 没错没错 |
[01:04] | Enjoy your new home. I know I did, | 好好享受新家 反正我很享受其中 |
[01:06] | and if ever these walls should tumble… | 要是那堵墙倒下来的话 |
[01:10] | keep an eye out for my Harvard class ring. Thank you. | 看看我的哈佛上课铃在不在 谢谢 |
[01:13] | It’s hard to believe the house is finally ours. | 真不敢相信我们终于能住进来了 |
[01:17] | We can not thank everybody enough. Thank you. | 我们对各位感激不尽 谢谢 |
[01:24] | Are you sure you took enough credit for the house? | 你确定你对房子的功劳就这些了吗 |
[01:26] | I took just enough, Roz. | 就这么多了 Roz |
[01:28] | It’s not my fault I’m not licensed to use a plug-in tool. | 没有使用插电工具的执照又不是我的错 |
[01:33] | Frasier, those guys… you don’t need a… never mind. | Fraiser 他们是 你不需要 算了 |
[01:40] | I’m sorry I’m so late, Martin. | 真抱歉我迟了那么久 Martin |
[01:42] | No problem, everything okay? | 没关系 一切还好吗 |
[01:44] | My mum is a mean, spiteful woman! | 我妈实在又恶毒又刻薄 |
[01:49] | Uh, maybe we should talk this out | 我们是不是该在 |
[01:50] | before you put your hands on me. | 你碰我之前把话讲清楚 |
[01:53] | Daphne and her mom had a big fight this morning. | Daphne和她妈妈今早大吵了一架 |
[01:55] | Gertrude’s been especially difficult to live with lately. | 最近Gertrude实在难相处 |
[01:57] | Yeah, last night, | 没错 就在昨晚 |
[01:58] | she got the neighbor’s cat drunk again. | 她又把邻居的猫灌醉了 |
[02:02] | One of them threw up in the hot tub. | 有一只还吐在热浴缸里 |
[02:05] | Well, I told her, we will not | 我当时就告诉她了 我们这 |
[02:06] | tolerate this inconsiderate behavior anymore. | 不会再容忍她这样轻率的行为 |
[02:09] | If she wants to be part of this household, | 要是她还想要做这家的一份子 |
[02:11] | she has to get off her lazy bum and help out around the house. | 她就得抬起她的懒屁股在家帮忙 |
[02:13] | How did I put it, Niles? | Niles 我当时是怎么说的来着 |
[02:15] | I couldn’t hear you. I was in the panic room. | 我没有听到 我在避难室里 |
[02:18] | But you looked very forceful on the monitor. | 但你在监控里面看上去很有威慑力 |
[02:22] | Anyhow, she pinched me keys | 她一怒之下偷了我的车钥匙 |
[02:23] | and drove off in a snit. Niles had to drive me over here. | 把车开走了 Niles才要载我过来 |
[02:26] | Why I’m so mad I could break something! | 我已经生气到想砸东西了 |
[02:29] | – Are you ready, Martin? – Let’s give it a few more minutes. | – 准备好了吗 Martin – 再等几分钟吧 |
[02:36] | What is this? Has Frasier been attempting the laundry again? | 这是什么 Frasier又开始试着洗衣服了 |
[02:40] | No, that’s Eddie’s. It’s for a safety talk | 不是 是Eddie的 给我和Eddie要在 |
[02:42] | Eddie and I are giving at Glenbrook Elementary. | 格伦伯克小学的安全讲座准备的 |
[02:44] | – Sounds like fun. – Oh, yeah! | – 听上去挺好玩的 – 没错 |
[02:46] | We’re replacing a talking parrot act. | 我们打算做个像鹦鹉学舌那样的表演 |
[02:49] | Officer Chirpy and Sergeant Bob. | Chripy警官和Bob中士 |
[02:52] | Dick Chirpy was one of the finest officers I ever served with. | Dick Chirpy是我合作过最棒的警官 |
[02:57] | It’s funny, you know, with a name like Chirpy, | 你知道吗 有趣的是名字叫做Chirpy |
[02:59] | you’d think he’d be the parrot, but as I said before, | 你会以为他是鹦鹉 但我之前说了 |
[03:00] | He wasn’t, he was the guy. The parrot being Bob. | 他不是鹦鹉 鹦鹉是Bob |
[03:06] | That’s fascinating. | 这真是有趣 |
[03:10] | Dad, are you sure you want to do this? | 父亲 你确定你要这么做 |
[03:12] | I spoke at a career day once. | 我在职业日演讲过一次 |
[03:14] | It was a disaster. | 非常失败 |
[03:15] | All the taunting and yelling, I haven’t been so… | 满场的嘲笑和吼叫 我从没有 |
[03:19] | I haven’t been so afraid of third graders since ninth grade. | 我从没那么怕过三年级生 直到九年级 |
[03:23] | Well, thanks for the warning, son, but Eddie and I will be fine. | 谢谢你的提醒 但Eddie和我没事的 |
[03:26] | Hey! Would you like to see part of the act? | 嘿 你们想看一段吗 |
[03:28] | – We’d love to. – Oh, great. Take a seat. | – 我们很愿意 – 好的 那先坐吧 |
[03:31] | Come on, Eddie! Show time! | 来吧 Eddie 表演了 |
[03:37] | Okay. Eddie, what should you do before you cross a street? | 好的 Eddie 过马路前要先做什么 |
[03:43] | That’s right! Look both ways. | 没错 先要看路两边 |
[03:46] | How about if a stranger approaches you? | 要是有陌生人找上来怎么办 |
[03:53] | Right again! Yell, and run to someone you trust. | 又对了 大叫 然后找你信任的人 |
[03:58] | Okay. What about if you catch on fire? | 好的 要是你身上着火了怎么办 |
[04:06] | That’s right! Stop, drop, and roll! | 没错 停 躺 滚 |
[04:10] | – What do you think? – I think the kids are going to love it. | – 你们觉得怎么样 – 孩子们一定喜欢 |
[04:13] | I see Dad’s been showing you the act. | 爸在给你们表演啊 |
[04:24] | Hmm. Darn. This drawer isn’t closing properly. | 可恶 这个抽屉合不上 |
[04:30] | I’d better go get my tools and have a look at it. | 我最好拿工具好好看看 |
[04:36] | You sure you know what you’re doing? | 你知道自己在干什么吗 |
[04:38] | Niles, please. I built a house. | Niles 拜托 我可造过房子 |
[04:42] | I think I can handle a simple drawer. | 抽屉这么简单没问题的 |
[04:44] | You know, it’s probably the slidey thing. | 问题可能就是滑道的问题 |
[04:46] | Or the drawer may have become warped. | 或者抽屉整个歪掉了 |
[04:50] | If that’s the case, then she’s going to | 要真是这样 那就要重新 |
[04:50] | need to be planed, sanded, and refitted. | 规划 打磨然后改装 |
[04:56] | Or you could turn the stapler on its side. | 或者可以把订书机躺下来放 |
[05:04] | I paid good money for an upright stapler, Niles | 我花大价钱是为了买正着放的订书机 Niles |
[05:16] | Dr. Crane, it’s great to see you! What are you doing here? | Crane医生 真高兴见到你 有何贵干吗 |
[05:19] | I was in the neighborhood, | 我正好在附近 |
[05:20] | and I thought I’d stop by to see how you two are coming along, | 就想过来看看你们现在怎么样 |
[05:22] | and I also wanted to drop off this… this little gift for you. | 我还想把这个带来 一点小意思 |
[05:25] | I thought it would be perfect for the house. | 我觉得跟房子是绝配 |
[05:27] | Thank you very much, very generous. | 真是太谢谢你了 太大方了 |
[05:29] | – How lovely. Thank you. – Come in. Make yourself at home. | – 太棒了 谢谢 – 进来吧 别介意 |
[05:33] | – Sorry for all the boxes. – Oh, no, please don’t apologize. | – 很抱歉满是盒子 – 不用道歉 |
[05:35] | – You know, this is a beautiful print. – Oh, thank you. | – 这幅画真漂亮 – 哦 谢谢 |
[05:38] | Actually, we’ve been debating about where to hang this. | 其实我们一直在讨论把画挂在哪 |
[05:41] | I was thinking up on the wall. | 我觉得放在这面墙上 |
[05:42] | Uh-huh. Well, that’s an excellent place, | 这个地方真不错 |
[05:44] | but uh, however, it comes to my mind | 但是呢 我觉得吧 |
[05:47] | that actually if you hung it opposite the front door, | 要是挂在门正对面 |
[05:49] | it would be the first thing your guests see when they arrive. | 那么客人们一进你们的家门就会看到 |
[05:52] | – What a wonderful idea. – Thanks. | – 这主意真棒 – 谢谢 |
[05:54] | Eh, um, actually, if you don’t mind a little suggestion… | 事实上 要是你们不介意一些建议 |
[05:58] | um, if you put the couch, say… | 要是你可以把沙发 |
[06:02] | …like this, you see, you’ve got a lovely conversation area, | 这样放 那就有个很棒的谈话区域 |
[06:07] | as well as a clear view of the TV. | 并能看电视更清楚 |
[06:11] | – You really have a gift for this. – Oh, gosh, it’s hardly a gift. | – 你对这真有天赋 – 不算什么天赋 |
[06:14] | It’s… A knack perhaps, a… A flair at best. | 就是懂诀窍 最多算是有鉴赏力 |
[06:19] | Wow. Wait until we tell people that | 哦 等着我们给大家说 |
[06:21] | our living room was decorated by Dr. Frasier Crane. | 客厅是Fraiser Crane医生帮忙装饰的吧 |
[06:25] | Oh, please. Hardly decorated, | 太谢谢了 不算什么装饰 |
[06:26] | but you know, if you’d like to sit down | 但你知道 要是你们愿意和我坐下来 |
[06:28] | and sketch out a few ideas together, I’d be delighted. | 一起想想主意 我会很开心的 |
[06:32] | – Seriously? – Sure. | – 真的 – 是的 |
[06:33] | Wow. Then I insist that you stay for dinner. | 那请留下来吃晚饭吧 |
[06:36] | Well, how can I refuse? Here, let me take that for you. | 我还能怎么拒绝 我帮你拿好了 |
[06:39] | You know, I had a lot of time to think about this space | 我其实在看着石膏干的时候 |
[06:41] | when I was watching the plaster dry. | 对这个空间能做了很多思考 |
[06:43] | I was plaster watcher. | 我是石膏盯梢员哦 |
[06:51] | – Can I help you? – Mum, what are you doing here? | – 需要帮助的吗 – 妈 你怎么在这 |
[06:55] | Just following orders. Working myself ill, | 就是听从指挥 干活干到病 |
[06:58] | so I can contribute to Her Highness’s household coffers. | 这样我就能为殿下的家族做点贡献 |
[07:02] | I’m sure Daphne only meant to suggest | 我觉得Daphne的意思就是说 |
[07:04] | that perhaps you might help out a little bit more at home. | 希望你能在家帮忙做点家事 |
[07:07] | “Contribute” Is the word she shouted down from her high horse. | 她趾高气扬地说的是要我”贡献” |
[07:11] | But I’ll be glad to “Help out” With the wages I earn | 但我很高兴用患有关节炎的双手 |
[07:14] | serving strangers with my arthritic hands. | 给陌生人服务赚来的工资能帮忙补贴家用 |
[07:18] | Now, how may I provide you with excellent service? | 现在 需要我提供什么样的高质服务 |
[07:21] | – Well, uh, what would you recommend? – Not having children. | – 好 那你有什么推荐 – 别要孩子 |
[07:29] | – What does she think she’s doing? – I guess this is just… | – 她觉得她在干什么 – 我猜她就是 |
[07:32] | her childish attempt to embarrass us. | 想要幼稚地羞辱我们 |
[07:34] | Working here, she’s hoping we’ll retreat in humiliation. | 在这工作 她希望我们会丢脸地收手 |
[07:37] | I stopped being humiliated after she showed up in that Spring Break video. | 她去拍那个春假视频后 我就没脸可丢了 |
[07:44] | – Hello. – Hi, Dad. | – 你好 – 你好 爸 |
[07:46] | Well, it’s been 60 years, but once again, | 虽然已经过了60年 但我又一次 |
[07:49] | I am the toast of the second grade. | 成为了二年级生追捧的对象 |
[07:52] | – Congratulations. – So it went well, then? | – 恭喜 – 所以很成功 是吧 |
[07:54] | Oh, the kids loved it! When it was over, | 孩子们爱死了 结束的时候 |
[07:56] | they all ran out and gave me and Eddie big hugs. | 他们跑出来狠狠地拥抱了我和Eddie |
[07:59] | Well, Dad, then you might just want to | 那么 爸 我希望你能 |
[08:02] | consider having that uniform cleaned. | 考虑好好把这制服洗一洗 |
[08:04] | Kids that age are always carrying germs. | 这个年纪的孩子们全身都是细菌 |
[08:05] | God knows what you picked up. | 天知道你能染上什么 |
[08:08] | Oh, I’m sure any germs on their hands | 我相信他们手上的任何细菌 |
[08:09] | were jarred loose by their wild applause. | 都在他们的热烈鼓掌中抖落了 |
[08:14] | The principal asked us to come back | 校长还让我们回去 |
[08:15] | and have an assembly for all the fourth graders. | 给全部四年级生再演一次 |
[08:17] | Dad, good luck! It’s well known that of the cruelest grades, | 爸 祝你好运 大家都知道在最残忍的年级中 |
[08:21] | ninth is third, seventh is second, and fourth is first! | 九年级第三 七年级第二 四年级第一 |
[08:26] | If you’re not going to order, | 要是你们不打算点单 |
[08:27] | I’ll have to ask you to leave this establishment. | 我就得请你们离开本店了 |
[08:30] | – Gert! You working here? – At Daphne’s insistence. | – Gert 你在这工作 – Daphne坚持的 |
[08:34] | The blood is pooling in my feet, | 我现在都脚充血了 |
[08:35] | but at least I’m contributing to the palace’s upkeep. | 但至少我能够对宫殿的维护做贡献 |
[08:39] | Say, maybe I could sell some of that blood, | 你说 我还能卖一点血 |
[08:41] | and give my daughter her cut. | 然后把分成交给我女儿 |
[08:43] | Is that a good idea, Daphne? Should I sell my blood for you? | Daphne 这主意怎么样 我该为你卖血吗 |
[08:47] | – No, Mum, you can keep your blood. – Did you hear that everyone? | – 不 妈 你留着你的血吧 – 大家听到了吗 |
[08:51] | My daughter’s letting me keep my blood! | 我女儿同意让我把血留着 |
[08:55] | Okay, that’s nice. Maybe we’ll go have coffee at home. | 好了 行吧 我们回家喝咖啡算了 |
[09:00] | No tips. Nice. | 没小费 真棒 |
[09:10] | Frasier. Hi. What a surprise. Honey, guess who’s here again! | Frasier 太意外了 亲爱的猜谁又来了 |
[09:16] | Whoa! Four times in one week. | 哇 一周四次 |
[09:20] | Hi, Chet. How do you like the sconces, huh? | Chet 你好 你觉得那个烛台怎么样 |
[09:23] | Uh, good, good. I thought you had plans tonight. | 很好很好 我以为你今晚有约了 |
[09:26] | Well, I was just driving by and I noticed something rather alarming | 我就是路过然后看到了奇怪的东西 |
[09:29] | What is it? | 是什么. |
[09:31] | It seems somebody has put a… | 看上去有人在 |
[09:32] | A cow mailbox at the end of your driveway. | 你的车道末尾放了个牛型信箱 |
[09:36] | That’s ours. Chet put it up this morning. | 是我们的 Chet今早放的 |
[09:39] | If you want, we’d be happy to give you back the one you gave us. | 要是你要的话 我们愿意把你送那个还给你 |
[09:41] | No, no, no, that’s not necessary. | 不 那倒不用了 |
[09:42] | It was a gift, and it was | 本来就是礼物 而且还是 |
[09:44] | custom- painted to match the shutters… | 特意涂成和百叶窗相称的颜色 |
[09:45] | exactly the way I pictured it | 和我当初构想的一模一样 |
[09:46] | when this house was no more than a foundation. | 那时候这房子还只算得上是个地基 |
[09:48] | Now the cow is… is beautiful, | 现在这头牛 也很漂亮 |
[09:51] | but is it really the first impression you want to make? | 但你们真的想给人这样的第一印象 |
[09:54] | Remember, a mailbox is a house’s handshake. | 要知道邮箱就是一座房子的握手礼 |
[09:59] | We like the cow. It’s cute. | 我们喜欢牛 它很可爱 |
[10:01] | Besides, we’re thinking about replacing the shutters. | 再说 我们也想着要把百叶窗换了 |
[10:03] | Maybe put up some awnings. | 或许装几个遮阳棚 |
[10:05] | And a screen door. Wouldn’t that be cozy? | 再加个纱门 那样一定很惬意吧 |
[10:08] | Gosh, I’m sorry. Everything’s going so fast. | 天呐 真不好意思 事情发展得太快了 |
[10:10] | I, uh, last night when I drove away from here, | 我昨天晚上开车走的时候 |
[10:13] | it seemed like we were all on the same page. | 我还以为我们达成共识了 |
[10:15] | Now it feels like we’re working at cross-purposes. | 现在看来我们误解不小 |
[10:18] | How do we feel about the accessories? | 你们对这些摆件怎么看 |
[10:20] | – They’re okay. – Okay? Last night, they were “To die for”! | – 还可以 – 还可以 昨晚明明是爱死了 |
[10:24] | That doesn’t sound like something I’d say. | 听上去不像我会说的话 |
[10:26] | Well, I remember somebody saying it. | 至少我记得有人这么说的 |
[10:29] | Look, all right, let’s, let’s just | 听着 不如我们就 就 |
[10:30] | try to calm down here. Marge, why don’t you go serve up | 在这冷静一下 Marge 不如你 |
[10:33] | some of that world-famous apple pie of yours. | 端点你出名的苹果派 |
[10:35] | We can all sit down and work this out. | 我们可以坐下好好谈谈这个问题 |
[10:36] | Thanks, Dr. Crane, you’ve been a big help, | 谢谢 Crane医生 真是帮了大忙了 |
[10:38] | but I think that we can take it from here. | 但我觉得我们自己讨论就好 |
[10:39] | – Well, but surely… – Good night, Dr. Crane! | – 但肯定是 – 晚安 Crane医生 |
[10:50] | Dad, this is crazy. If you’re too sick to drive yourself here, | 爸 这太疯狂了 你病太重没法开车 |
[10:52] | – you’re too sick to give a safety talk. – I’ll be fine. | – 说明你病太重没法演讲 – 没事的 |
[10:56] | I just have to get over this dizziness. | 撑过这阵头晕就好了 |
[10:58] | There you are, Mr. Crane. | 你在这啊 Crane先生 |
[11:00] | – I was getting nervous. -Listen, I’m afraid my dad’s not feeling well. | – 我都吓紧张了 – 恐怕我爸不是很舒服 |
[11:03] | I think it would be best if we canceled the assembly. | 我觉得我们还是取消这次演讲为好 |
[11:05] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[11:06] | If we cancel this thing, we’ll have a riot on our hands. | 要是取消了 接下来就要暴动了 |
[11:08] | The teachers are expecting a free period. | 老师们都想着不用上课呢 |
[11:12] | The kids are looking forward to seeing the safety show. | 孩子们也都想要看这次安全讲座 |
[11:15] | Eddie and I aren’t going to let them down. | Eddie和我不能让他们失望 |
[11:17] | – Okay, if you really think you can do this. – I can. | – 要是你觉得你可以 – 我可以 |
[11:24] | And by the way, you’re just as beautiful today | 顺便说一句 你今天就和 |
[11:27] | as you were the day I married you. | 我娶你那天一样漂亮 |
[11:30] | Okay, I let that go the first time. Sit down. | 上次我已经装作没听到了 坐下 |
[11:33] | We’re going to get him some ice water. | 我们得给他来杯冰水 |
[11:34] | We’re going to keep him off his feet. | 也不能让他站着 |
[11:36] | Okay, but you’ll have to go on in his place. | 好的 但是你得代替他 |
[11:38] | -Heh-heh. No, I can’t do that. | 呵呵 这个我做不到 |
[11:39] | Yes, you can. Safety is everyone’s concern. | 你可以的 人人都关心安全问题 |
[11:42] | And I can’t guarantee yours | 而且要是你不做 |
[11:44] | if you don’t. | 你的安全我不保证哦 |
[11:50] | Quiet, quiet people, settle down. Gameboys off. | 安静 安静各位 别打游戏机了 |
[11:55] | Let’s give a warm fourth-grade welcome to Officer Eddie and… | 让我们热烈欢迎警官Eddie和他的 |
[12:00] | …friend. | 朋友 |
[12:12] | Hello, safety fans. | 你们好 安全的粉丝 |
[12:15] | I’m Citizen-Officer Niles, and this is my partner, Officer Eddie! | 我是市民警官Niles 这是我的拍档警官Eddie |
[12:23] | Okay. Officer Eddie will now show us how to act | 好的 Eddie警官将要演示在不同的 |
[12:27] | in various dangerous situations. | 危险时刻该作什么反应 |
[12:30] | Say, Officer Eddie, can you show the kids | 比方说 Eddie警官 你能告诉孩子们 |
[12:32] | what to do before they cross the street. | 过马路前该做什么吗 |
[12:40] | That’s right, we wait for the signal. | 没错 我们得等信号灯 |
[12:46] | Okay, uh, Eddie, show the boys and girls | 好的 Eddie告诉台下的男孩女孩们 |
[12:48] | what to do if they’re lost. | 要是迷路了该怎么办 |
[12:51] | Eddie? Come here boy, hey! | Eddie 来啊 嘿 |
[12:56] | Children, I have a confession to make. I’m not a Citizen-Officer. | 孩子们 我要坦白 我不是市民警官 |
[13:01] | I’m a psychiatric doctor | 我是一名心理医生 |
[13:02] | specializing in marriage and family counseling. | 专长婚姻以及家庭调解 |
[13:07] | I know, I know. The point is… | 我知道 我知道 但问题是 |
[13:09] | …The point is that my father | 问题是我的父亲 |
[13:11] | is an actual officer, and he’d be here today, | 他是一名真的警官 他本该来这里 |
[13:14] | except he got a nasty cold, | 但他得了严重感冒 |
[13:16] | probably from some careless youngsters at his last assembly | 可能就被上次讲座的某个小孩传染了 |
[13:20] | Which brings up a different, | 那样就引出了一个不太一样 |
[13:21] | yet no less important kind of safety: | 但同样重要的一种安全 |
[13:25] | hygiene! | 卫生 |
[13:27] | – Oh, geez. – I would like to introduce you | – 天呐 – 我想要向你们介绍 |
[13:30] | to the first defense in the war against germs: | 长期与病毒不懈斗争的 |
[13:33] | Officer Pocket Square! | 手绢警官 |
[13:37] | Okay, okay. Maybe it’s not cool | 好的好的 也许到哪都带手绢 |
[13:40] | – to carry a handkerchief around anymore. – It’s not! | – 一点也不酷 – 就是不酷 |
[13:44] | Is influenza cool? Is scarlet fever cool? | 那么流感酷吗 猩红热酷吗 |
[13:49] | Do you have any Idea how many germs there are on just one finger? | 你们知道一支手指上能有多少细菌 |
[13:53] | Yes, that finger, for example! | 没错 就那只手指 |
[13:58] | It’s millions! | 能有上百万 |
[14:00] | Or take simple dust. Do you know what dust is? | 再比如说灰尘 你们知道灰尘是什么 |
[14:04] | It’s the excretion of mites! | 它们就是螨虫的排泄物 |
[14:07] | Little bugs that are eating your skin right now! | 就是现在正在啃咬你肌肤的小虫子 |
[14:13] | What the hell is he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[14:14] | He’s freaking me out, that’s what he’s doing. | 他在吓我 他就在做这个 |
[14:20] | Oh, Roz, hey, come and join me. I’m in a bit of a pickle. | Roz 来坐会儿吧 我陷入困境了 |
[14:25] | I… I’m not sure the Grants are the right family for our house. | 我不确定Grant一家适合我们的房子 |
[14:30] | – Who? – The Grants. The people who moved into the house we built. | – 谁 – Grant一家 我们给造房子的 |
[14:34] | – You went back there? – Just a few times, | – 你回去了 – 就去了几次 |
[14:36] | yes, to try to share with them the principles | 没错 就想和他们谈谈房子的 |
[14:38] | of decor, room flow, general livability. | 装饰风格 房间安排 总体宜居性 |
[14:42] | Then they literally showed me the door. Yes, Roz, the very door | 之后他们直接让我走 直接了当 |
[14:45] | I hung for them in the first place. | 让我从我装的门走出去 |
[14:48] | Take a moment to digest the irony. | 花点时间想想有多讽刺 |
[14:53] | What do you expect, it’s their house. | 不然你想呢 那是他们的房子 |
[14:56] | Yes, but I helped to build it. – Okay, untangling extension cords | – 是但是我帮忙造的 – 解开延长线 |
[15:01] | and stirring paint isn’t exactly building a house. | 和拌颜料可不算是造房子 |
[15:05] | Oh, I know I didn’t do much. | 我知道我做的不多 |
[15:07] | The truth is I’ve never really been very handy. | 事实上我的手一直不是很巧 |
[15:10] | In elementary school, I made an ashtray for my dad. | 小学的时候我给父亲做了个烟灰缸 |
[15:14] | It caught fire. | 结果着火了 |
[15:18] | Frasier, you did your part, but now you have to let go. | Fraiser 任务完成了现在就要松手了 |
[15:22] | Poor family. Probably think you’re some rich arrogant guy | 可怜的一家 可能还以为你是有钱的自大狂 |
[15:26] | – who’s bossing everyone around. -Oh, Lord. | – 到处发号施令 – 天呐 |
[15:29] | Well, maybe I owe them an apology, Roz, I mean the last thing | 也许我该去道歉 Roz 我最不希望 |
[15:31] | I want Marge and Chet to think of me | Marge和Chet把我 |
[15:33] | is that I’m some sort of snob. | 当做什么势利眼 |
[15:35] | Did I tell you they have a cow mailbox | 我说过他们在 |
[15:37] | at the end of their driveway? | 车道尾装了个牛型邮箱吗 |
[15:40] | – My mom has a cow mailbox. – Well, sure, that’s Wisconsin. | – 我妈就有啊 – 毕竟是威斯康星州 |
[15:45] | The buckle on the bumpkin belt. | 那里大红配大绿 |
[15:50] | – Hey, you two. – Oh, hi, Daph. | – 你们俩好 – 你好 Daph |
[15:52] | – A latte, please. – Daphne! | – 请给我来杯拿铁 – Daphne |
[15:55] | Here it is. My first paycheck. | 看看这个 我的第一份薪水 |
[15:58] | $74.12 post tax. | 税后74.12美元 |
[16:01] | See, everybody! I’m helping out my well-to-do daughter | 看看各位 我在用我微薄的薪水 |
[16:04] | with my pittance of a paycheck. | 资助我富得流油的女儿 |
[16:06] | – Thanks. – I suppose you’re going to ask me to stop working here. | – 谢谢 – 我猜你是要阻止我上班 |
[16:11] | Well, I don’t care if you are embarrassed. | 不过我才不管你是不是尴尬 |
[16:13] | I will contribute to the household | 我就算是死 也会像你说的那样 |
[16:15] | – like you told me, even if it kills me. – Sign here. | – 继续补贴家用 – 在这签名 |
[16:21] | Right, then. I’ll just work here till I keel over dead. | 好吧 那我就在这做到死吧 |
[16:26] | Kindly set aside a few pennies from my pay for a nice casket. | 请从我的薪水里留点钱买副好棺材 |
[16:30] | Already taken care of. | 早办好了 |
[16:37] | Four rodent hairs, and the head capsule of an adult grain beetle. | 相当于四根动物毛发和一颗成年甲虫头 |
[16:46] | Okay, I heard chocolate, I’ll take chocolate. Per 100 grams, | 好 我听到了巧克力就说它吧 每百克 |
[16:50] | the government allows an average of approximately | 政府允许其中平均带有大约 |
[16:54] | 60 insect fragments and the odd rodent hair. | 60份零碎虫尸和一根可疑的的毛发 |
[17:01] | But let’s say you want to play it safe. | 但让我们假设你注意饮食 |
[17:02] | Maybe drink a can of fruit juice. | 也许喝一罐果汁 |
[17:05] | That’s healthy… or is it? | 那总健康了 是吗 |
[17:09] | Well, sure… if your idea of healthy | 没错 要是你眼中的健康 |
[17:11] | is approximately five fly eggs and a maggot! | 是大约五颗蝇卵和一只蚷 |
[17:16] | This is your government, people! | 这就是你们的政府 各位 |
[17:20] | All right, let’s thank Dr. Crane for coming by today… | 好的 感谢Crane医生今天到场 |
[17:24] | …but I’m afraid we’re out of time. | 但我恐怕我们时间有限 |
[17:29] | Okay, okay, one more, and then we have to say goodbye. | 好的 再来一个 然后我们就说再见 |
[17:34] | Well, I can’t leave without mentioning our friend, the hot dog. | 我走之前不能忘了老朋友 热狗 |
[17:41] | Or perhaps it should be called “Hot parasitic cysts, | 也许它该改名叫做 热寄生虫性囊肿 |
[17:46] | insect fragments, general grit, and rodent droppings.” Thank you. | 虫尸 沙子配动物粪便 谢谢 |
[17:57] | Thank you, Dr. Crane, for that most enlightening talk, | 感谢Crane医生 带来这样启发性演讲 |
[18:02] | and right before lunch. | 还正好在午餐前 |
[18:04] | Everyone exit in a single line to the cafeteria, please. | 请大家排成一列有序去食堂 |
[18:10] | – Good job, Niles! – Thanks. | – 干得好 Niles – 谢谢 |
[18:13] | It was touch and go there for a while, | 曾经有一度将近触礁失事 |
[18:15] | but you came through with flying colors. | 但你还是撑过来绘声绘色 |
[18:18] | Hey, quick thinking making up that stuff about the hot dogs. | 热狗那个你编得实在太妙了 |
[18:20] | Thanks, dad, but you know, I didn’t make anything up. | 谢谢 爸 但我啥也没编 |
[18:22] | I said it was okay to make up that stuff about the hot dogs, | 我说热狗的事是编的也没有关系 |
[18:25] | which I love and had for breakfast. | 毕竟我是每天早上都要吃的最爱 |
[18:28] | Yes, well, I guess I was faster on my feet than I knew. | 没错 可能我真的是胡编乱造了 |
[18:32] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰了 先生 |
[18:34] | – I just wanted to say, you were great up there. – Thank you. | – 我就是想说你在上面真棒 – 谢谢 |
[18:41] | Hey, kid! | 嘿 孩子 |
[18:47] | Here. | 给你 |
[18:50] | Wow! Thanks, Citizen-Officer Niles! | 喔 谢谢你 市民警官Niles |
[18:59] | Thanks for coming along with me, Roz. | 谢谢你和我一起来 Roz |
[19:00] | I’m not sure they’d open the door if it was just me. | 我不知道只有我的话他们会不会开门 |
[19:07] | It’s him again! | 又是他 |
[19:10] | – I–I’m sorry to disturb you. You remember Roz. – Hi! | – 很抱歉打扰你们 这是Roz – 你好 |
[19:16] | – Hello. – I… I just wanted to say | – 你好 – 我就是想说 |
[19:19] | how sorry I am for my behavior this last week. | 我真为我上周的行为道歉 |
[19:22] | I’ve been intrusive and controlling. | 我越了界而且控制欲太强了 |
[19:26] | I lost sight of the fact that this is your home | 我忽略了这是你家的事实 |
[19:29] | to do with as you will, and I sincerely wish you all | 你想怎么做都好 我真诚地希望你 |
[19:34] | many years of happiness in it. | 能在这长久开心地住下去 |
[19:38] | – Thank you. – You care to come in? | – 谢谢 – 想进来坐会儿吗 |
[19:41] | Oh, we’d be honored to be guests in your home. | 我们很开心能进来做客 |
[19:48] | – Oh, look what you’ve done with the place! – Do you like it? | – 噢 你们就这么装饰的啊 – 喜欢吗 |
[19:51] | I think it’s great. What do you think, Frasier? | 我觉得很好 你觉得呢 Frasier |
[19:55] | Would you like to take a tour? | 想要转一圈吗 |
[19:59] | We just finished repainting the den yesterday. | 我们昨天刚重刷好小房间 |
[20:03] | Oh, Frasier, you’ve got to see this. | Frasier 你一定得看看 |
[20:07] | Oh? Oh… wow, that’s purple! | 哇 紫色哦 |
[20:13] | Thank you again for the tour. Your home is lovely. | 很感谢你让我们参观 你家很棒 |
[20:16] | – We like it. – It’s the kind of home we’ve always dreamed of. | – 我们很喜欢 – 就像我们梦想里的那样 |
[20:19] | – Yes! – Good night. | – 没错 – 晚安 |
[20:22] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:26] | – Frasier, I am very proud of you. – I did it. | – Frasier 我为你骄傲 – 我做到了 |
[20:30] | I didn’t criticize. I said nothing judgmental. | 我没批评 也说任何带偏见的话 |
[20:33] | I didn’t say a single word about their horrible, horrible taste. | 我对他们糟糕的品味一句话也没说 |
[20:37] | – You were great. – I finally did it! | – 你很棒 – 我终于做到了 |
[20:42] | This was the ultimate test and I passed! | 这场终极测试我算是通过了 |
[20:46] | I can finally let go. | 我终于可以放手了 |
[20:49] | Good-bye, house. | 再见 房子 |
[20:52] | I release you. | 我放手了 |
[20:59] | – They’re gonna call the police!! -Shut up! | – 他们要报警了 – 闭嘴 |
[21:03] | It’s better this way! | 这样更好 |