时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Dad, why aren’t you dressed? It’s four in the afternoon. | 爸 你怎么衣冠不整的 现在都下午四点了 |
[00:13] | Oh, I’ve been workin’ nights. My body clock’s off. | 哦 我上夜班来着 生物钟都乱了 |
[00:15] | I’m eating bacon and eggs at night | 我现在晚上吃培根和鸡蛋 |
[00:17] | and drinking beer in the morning. | 早上喝啤酒 |
[00:20] | That’s what you always do. | 你不是一直都这么吃吗 |
[00:21] | Yeah, but now I’m tired all the time. | 是啊 但是我现在整天都很累 |
[00:25] | There must be some way to end | 肯定有办法结束你和你老板 |
[00:26] | – this fight with your boss. – What’s the problem? | – 之间的不和的 – 怎么回事 |
[00:29] | Oh, he wants me to date his sister and I won’t do it, | 他想让我跟他姐姐约会 我不愿意 |
[00:31] | so he’s put me on graveyard ’til I cave. | 所以要是我不屈服他就一直给我安排夜班 |
[00:34] | Well, he can’t do that. Why don’t you file a complaint? | 他不能这么干 你干嘛不投诉他 |
[00:36] | – I’d just as soon keep it just between the two of us. – I see. | – 我不想牵扯到其他人 – 好吧 |
[00:40] | Is this woman really so repulsive | 这位女士真的可恨到 |
[00:42] | that you’re willing to sacrifice all your nights | 你宁可牺牲你所有的晚间时间 |
[00:44] | – just to avoid a date with her? – Well, let me put it this way: | – 也不想和她约会 – 我这么说吧 |
[00:47] | years of chewing tobacco have discolored her tooth. | 常年嚼烟叶使她的牙齿都变色了 |
[00:53] | Someone left a book of one-liners in the lost and found. | 有人在失物招领处丢了一本一句话笑话书 |
[00:58] | Hey, Frais, there’s your friend again. | 嘿 Fras 你朋友又上电视了 |
[01:01] | – Dr. Phil? – …Dr. Phil McGraw, in person.. | – Phil医生 – Phil McGraw医生本人 |
[01:03] | I’ll be talking about life | 我从周五到周日 |
[01:05] | strategies at the State Theater Friday through Sunday. | 都会在州立剧院举办生活哲理讲座 |
[01:08] | Come join us, it might just change your life. | 来加入我们吧 这可能会改变您的一生 |
[01:11] | Now there’s a doctor. | 这才叫医生嘛 |
[01:17] | I never knew you were friends with Dr.Phil. | 我都不知道你和Phil医生还是朋友 |
[01:19] | Some years back we found ourselves | 几年前我和他在 |
[01:21] | running into each other at seminars and conferences. | 一些研讨会上碰见过几次 |
[01:24] | He’s an excellent therapist. | 他是个很棒的治疗师 |
[01:28] | We had a bit of a clash over ethics. | 我们在道德方面有一点小分歧 |
[01:31] | Oh, really. What did you do, sleep with a patient? | 哦 真的吗 你干什么了 睡了一个病人 |
[01:36] | Not MY ethics, his. | 不是我的道德问题 是他的 |
[01:39] | The man bilked me out of two hundred dollars in a card game. | 他在一场牌局里骗了我200刀 |
[01:43] | He did not bilk you, it’s called a one-eyed jack. | 他没骗你 那叫单眼杰克 |
[01:45] | Yes, yes, there is one eye. | 没错 没错 是有一只眼 |
[01:47] | but the other eye is there by implication! | 但明显还有另一只眼被挡住了 |
[01:50] | Therefore, the hand should have been a do-over. | 所以 那把应该重新打 |
[01:53] | And you can ask Niles about this too! | 不信你去问Niles |
[01:56] | As far as I’m concerned, the man owes me $200. | 就我来看他就是欠我200刀 |
[01:58] | This guy is so cheap, | 这人真是抠门 |
[01:59] | he could squeeze a nickel ’til the buffalo chokes. | 五分硬币上的水牛都要被他捏死了 |
[02:08] | Dad, exactly how old is this book of one-liners? | 爸 你这本书都多老了 |
[02:12] | How old? You’re asking me how old? Well, I’ll tell you how old. | 多老了 你问我多老了 我来告诉你多老了 |
[02:17] | 1956. | 1956年的 |
[02:24] | Oh, Frasier. Daphne told me all about Dr. Phil. | 哦 Frasier Daphne把Phil医生的事都告诉我了 |
[02:27] | I can’t believe you know him. | 真不敢相信你认识他 |
[02:30] | Do you think you can get me in backstage? | 你觉得能把我带进后台吗 |
[02:32] | Roz, I really hadn’t planned on seeing him. | Roz 我真没打算去见他 |
[02:35] | Oh, jealous, huh? That’s okay, I understand. | 哦 嫉妒了是吧 没关系 我理解 |
[02:38] | I most certainly am not jealous. The man happens to owe me $200. | 我绝对不是嫉妒 他正好欠了我200刀 |
[02:42] | Right. | 是啊 |
[02:45] | But you know who could help you with your jealousy? Dr. Phil. | 你知道谁能帮你解决嫉妒的问题吗 Phil医生 |
[02:51] | He’d be like “So your jealousy of me has taken over your life. | 他会说 “也就是说你对我的嫉妒占据了你的生活 |
[02:57] | How’s that workin’ for ya?” | 那对你来说怎么样” |
[03:00] | Yes, and I’d be like, | 没错 而我就会说 |
[03:03] | “Fine. My money, sir.” | “我很好 快还钱 先生” |
[03:06] | Please? Please do it for me, please? | 拜托了 就当是为了我 拜托了 |
[03:09] | Well, | 呃 |
[03:11] | – all right, all right. – Oh, thank you. | – 好吧 好吧 – 哦 太谢谢了 |
[03:13] | – All right, I’ll see you at work. – Yeah, okay. | – 好了 上班的时候见 – 是啊 好吧 |
[03:16] | Here ya go. | 给你 |
[03:18] | I couldn’t remember if you | 我不记得你要的 |
[03:19] | wanted it black or not, so I brought it both ways. | 是不是黑咖啡了 所以我两种都端了一杯 |
[03:21] | Well, that’s very thoughtful of you. Thank you. | 那真是太体贴了 谢谢 |
[03:24] | No, you might as well keep it, you’re payin’ for both. | 不 你还是留着吧 两杯你都要给钱 |
[03:28] | – Hello. – Oh, hi, Daph. | – 你好 – 哦 你好 Daph |
[03:33] | Niles, look who’s here. | Niles 快看那边 |
[03:35] | Oh, isn’t that adorable? You see this couple, | 哦 真是太有爱了 你看那对老夫妻 |
[03:38] | we’ve seen them in the park a few times. | 我们在公园里遇到他们几次 |
[03:40] | They’re so sweet together. | 他们在一起真是甜蜜 |
[03:42] | We like to think of them as us when we’re older. | 我们仿佛看见自己老了的样子 |
[03:45] | Look how old Niles still | 你瞧 老Niles还是 |
[03:46] | puts his jacket around old Daphne’s shoulders. | 会把夹克披在老Daphne的肩上 |
[03:50] | Oh, she’s still a saucy little kitten. | 哦 她还是只发情小猫咪呢 |
[03:53] | And I’ll bet he still rolls over in the | 而且我敢说他在半夜 |
[03:55] | – middle of the night. – Yes, the picture is gotten, thanks. | – 还是会翻过身来呢 – 好了 画面很清晰了 谢谢 |
[03:58] | Oh, I think I’ve found old Frasier. | 哦 我想我找到老Frasier了 |
[04:02] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[04:10] | I see. Well I hope the two of you will understand if, | 我懂了 我希望你们俩能理解 |
[04:13] | in future, I choose to knit scarves only for myself. | 未来我只给自己织围巾的原因 |
[04:17] | Oh, come on, we were only joking. | 哦 别这样 我们只是开玩笑 |
[04:19] | Yes, I know, it’s all in good fun. | 是啊 我知道 还是很好玩的 |
[04:20] | – Oh, Niles, I just remembered, I… – Shut up! | – 哦 Niles 我刚想起来 我 – 闭嘴 |
[04:25] | – Excuse me? – Shut up! We’re trying to knit! | – 不好意思 – 闭嘴 没看见织围巾呢吗 |
[04:36] | – Dr. Phil! Dr. Phil, over here! – Roz, please! | – Phil医生 Phil医生 看这边 – Roz 拜托 |
[04:41] | At least attempt to be cool. | 至少假装冷静一下吧 |
[04:43] | Phil Phil Phil! Phil! | |
[04:45] | Well Frasier Crane, is that you? | Frasier Crane 是你吗 |
[04:48] | – Most assuredly. – Oh, it’s you all right. | – 差不多是吧 – 哦 真的是你 |
[04:52] | – So, how are you? – I’m fine, I’m fine. How’s Robin? | – 你最近怎么样 – 我很好 我很好 Robin怎么样 |
[04:55] | She’s great. | 她很好 |
[04:55] | Can you believe it? We’re goin’ on 27 years. | 你能相信吗 我们都结婚27年了 |
[04:59] | – Congratulations. – And how’s Lilith? | – 恭喜了 – 那Lilith怎么样 |
[05:01] | Well, we’ve been divorced now for ten years. | 我们都离婚10年了 |
[05:05] | – Congratulations. – Oh, thank you. | – 恭喜啊 – 哦 谢谢 |
[05:08] | – Hi, I’m Roz Doyle. – Sorry… | – 您好 我是Roz Doyle – 抱歉 |
[05:10] | I’m Frasier’s producer. | 我是Frasier的制作人 |
[05:11] | I just think you’re wonderful, | 我觉得你真是棒极了 |
[05:12] | I think your show is great and you’re truly a wise man. | 我觉得你的节目特别精彩 你是个非常机智的人 |
[05:14] | Do you know Tom Hanks? | 你认识汤姆汉克斯吗 |
[05:18] | Uh, no. But thanks for the compliment. They’ll come on through. | 呃 不认识 但是多谢你的赞赏 让他们进来吧 |
[05:21] | Oh, thank u, thanks. | 噢 谢谢 |
[05:23] | Come on. | 进来吧 |
[05:24] | So, Frasier, how’s your show? | 那么 Frasier 你的节目怎么样 |
[05:26] | Oh, huge. Thank you. | 哦 发展壮大了 谢谢 |
[05:28] | We just added Spokane last year. | 我们去年刚加入了斯波坎市 |
[05:30] | And a station in St. Paul… | 还有圣保罗市的一个电台 |
[05:33] | …has agreed to let me send them a tape. | 同意我给他们寄磁带了 |
[05:35] | Can you believe after all that time we spent in the seminars | 你能相信吗 在参加了那么多研讨会之后 |
[05:39] | that we both turned out to be broadcasters? | 我们俩最终却成了电台主播 |
[05:42] | Boy, those were some good times, | 天哪 当年真是好时候 |
[05:43] | – weren’t they? – Oh, indeed they were. | – 不是吗 – 确实是 |
[05:46] | Although… sometimes, the fun and games | 虽然 有时候 欢乐和游戏 |
[05:49] | – were lacking in fun. – Are you still whining about that 200 bucks? | – 也没有那么欢乐 – 你还在惦记那200块钱啊 |
[05:54] | Well, it’s the principle of the thing! I’ll tell you what, | 那是原则问题 这样吧 |
[05:57] | why don’t we just discuss it over dinner? | 我们晚饭的时候再一起讨论吧 |
[05:59] | Love to, can’t. I am so busy: personal appearances… | 我也想去 但是不行 我实在太忙了 见面会 |
[06:04] | and book signings and interviews. | 签售会还有采访 |
[06:06] | I’ve got this agent that’s got me goin’ 25/8. | 我有个给我安排一周八天25小时工作的经纪人 |
[06:10] | – In fact, speak of the devil, here she comes. – Phil, darling! | – 说曹操曹操到 她来了 – Phil 亲爱的 |
[06:16] | – That was sensational. – Bebe? | – 刚才真是太棒了 – Bebe |
[06:21] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[06:24] | And Roz too. | 还有Roz |
[06:26] | You guys know each other? | 你们互相认识吗 |
[06:28] | – She’s my agent. – And she used to be mine. | – 她是我的经纪人 – 她以前还是我的经纪人 |
[06:30] | Phil, there’s a swarm of reporters | Phil 你化妆间里有 |
[06:32] | in your dressing room just waiting to talk to you. | 一大票记者等着和你说话呢 |
[06:34] | I probably should be going, actually, | 那么我该走了 |
[06:36] | but Roz, it was really nice to meet you. | 但是Roz 真的很高兴认识你 |
[06:39] | – And Frasier, tell you what, let’s do e-mail. – Okay. | – 还有Frasier 这样吧 我们发电子邮件谈吧 – 好啊 |
[06:45] | Isn’t he marvelous? He’s a cowboy | 他是不是太棒了 他就是一个牛仔 |
[06:48] | wrapped in a genius wrapped in a dream… | 包裹着天才 包裹着梦想 |
[06:51] | …wrapped in another cowboy. | 外面又包裹着另一个牛仔 |
[06:54] | I cannot believe that I have the same agent as Dr. Phil! | 我真不敢相信我和Phil医生有同一个经纪人 |
[06:59] | Actually, you don’t. Somebody as big as Dr. Phil | 事实上 你没有了 像Phil医生这么大牌的人 |
[07:01] | needs all of my attention. | 需要我花上所有精力 |
[07:03] | But rest assured you are being handled ably by an agent | 但是别担心 你会得到另一位我最有信心的 |
[07:07] | – in whom I have the utmost confidence. – Who is it? | – 经纪人的鼎力相助的 – 那是谁 |
[07:11] | I want to say Tim… | 我想应该是Tim |
[07:14] | – I think I need to make a phone call. – Yeah. | – 我看我得去打个电话了 – 对 |
[07:17] | So, Bebe. | 那么 Bebe |
[07:20] | However did you land Dr. Phil? | 你用了什么手段勾搭上Phil医生的 |
[07:23] | We met about a year ago | 我们大概一年前 |
[07:24] | at a charity donkey basketball game. | 在一场慈善骑驴篮球赛上认识的 |
[07:28] | – Donkey basketball? – Texas, darling. | – 骑驴篮球赛 – 在德克萨斯 亲爱的 |
[07:32] | It’s like the symphony to them. | 对他们来说就像去听交响乐一样 |
[07:35] | Long story short, I gave him some advice | 长话短说 我给了他一些建议 |
[07:39] | – and finally he hired me full time. – Well, congratulations. | – 最终他就雇了我做全职经纪人 – 恭喜了 |
[07:42] | You can’t imagine the connections | 你都想象不到最近 |
[07:44] | I have these days. If only you and I had… | 我拉到了多少关系 要是你和我当初 |
[07:49] | well… | 唉 |
[07:51] | that’s water under the bridge, I guess. It’s fun catching up, | 都是过去的事了 我想 见面还是很开心的 |
[07:55] | but Phil’s interviewing stylists for the Emmys. Bye, Frasier. | 但是Phil正在为了艾美奖面试造型师 再见 Frasier |
[08:03] | What a phony, huh? | 真是个大骗子 对吧 |
[08:07] | She used to be my phony. | 她以前是我的大骗子 |
[08:13] | Dad, do you think I did the right thing, changing agents? | 爸 你觉得我换经纪人这件事做得对吗 |
[08:15] | I mean, the one I have now is fine, | 我是说 我现在这个也很好 |
[08:17] | but after I’ve seen what Bebe’s done for Phil, | 但是我看到Bebe为Phil做的那些事以后 |
[08:19] | I can’t help wondering if | 我忍不住去想我是不是 |
[08:20] | maybe I’ve denied myself access to a wider world. | 断绝了自己进入更广阔世界的通道 |
[08:27] | – Dad, are you all right? – Oh, I’m sorry. | – 爸 你没事吧 – 哦 抱歉 |
[08:30] | I haven’t talked to anybody for a few days, | 我有好几天没和人说过话了 |
[08:32] | it feels kinda strange. | 感觉有点奇怪 |
[08:36] | Even this is makin’ me a little uncomfortable. | 现在这对话也让我有点不舒服 |
[08:40] | Dad, you have got to stop with the graveyard shifts, | 爸 你必须得停止上夜班了 |
[08:42] | or you’re going to start seeing apparitions. | 不然你就要开始见鬼了 |
[08:43] | No, don’t worry about me, I’m pretty tough. | 不 别担心我 我很强悍的 |
[08:46] | Listen, I’d love to stay here | 听我说 我很乐意待在这 |
[08:47] | talkin’ to you, but all this sunlight is makin’ me dizzy. | 跟你说话 但是阳光搞得我头晕 |
[08:52] | – What, you don’t like the sun? – Us night-shift guys call it | – 什么 你不喜欢太阳吗 – 我们上夜班的都管它叫 |
[08:56] | “The scare ball.” | “恐怖之球” |
[09:09] | Oh, Bebe. | 哦 Bebe |
[09:11] | Hello, darling, I came across this old box | 你好 亲爱的 我恰好找到了这个旧箱子 |
[09:13] | of Frasier strategy memos | 装的都是Frasier战略的备忘录 |
[09:15] | and I thought I’d bring them by to you. | 所以我就顺路带给你 |
[09:19] | Oh, I didn’t realize there was so much. | 哦 没想到有这么多 |
[09:20] | And you thought I didn’t work hard. | 你还觉得我工作不够努力 |
[09:22] | Now, now there’s no need to take that tone. | 好了 好了 没必要用这种腔调说话 |
[09:24] | Things have certainly worked out for you, wouldn’t you say? | 你现在确实混得不错 你说不是吗 |
[09:26] | Too true. But I can’t be blamed for being a bit of a bitter Bebe. | 太对了 但是你不能怪我有点愤恨 |
[09:33] | No one likes being tossed aside | 没有人喜欢因为一个更年轻的女人 |
[09:34] | – for a younger woman. – Oh, Bebe, you know very well | – 而被抛弃 – Bebe 你很清楚 |
[09:36] | I only changed agents because | 我换经纪人是因为 |
[09:38] | you were ignoring me in favor of another client. | 你偏向另一个客户而忽视我 |
[09:40] | I wasn’t ignoring you! | 我没有忽视你 |
[09:42] | I was only getting some much needed critical distance | 我只是为了最终的Frasier荣耀一战 |
[09:44] | for a final glorious Frasierian push. | 保持非常必要的距离 |
[09:48] | But… let’s not rehash the past. | 但是 我们就不要纠结过去了吧 |
[09:52] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[09:54] | We accomplished too much together to stop being friends now. | 我们一起成就了那么多 不能随便抛弃友谊 |
[09:58] | True. | 确实是 |
[10:01] | Frasier, have you ever wondered what it would be like… | Frasier 你有没有想过如果 |
[10:05] | if I could apply what I’ve learned to you? | 我把毕生所学用在你身上会怎样 |
[10:10] | Yes, I have. | 是啊 我想过 |
[10:13] | But it cannot be. | 但是这不能实现了吧 |
[10:16] | Can it? | 能吗 |
[10:19] | Dangerous thoughts. | 危险的想法 |
[10:21] | You’re a siren, luring me to the rocks. | 你就是一只海妖 想引诱我撞上岩石 |
[10:26] | But I must resist or you’ll hurt me again. | 但是我必须克制住 不然你又会伤我的心 |
[10:29] | No, I’m no siren! | 不 我不是海妖 |
[10:30] | – I’m a man. A man with ambitions. – “Ambition.” | – 我是一个男人 一个有野心的男人 – “野心” |
[10:34] | The word is candy to me. | 多么甜蜜的字眼 |
[10:38] | Damn you, devil-man, I must go. | 你该死的 恶魔一样的男人 我必须走了 |
[10:42] | – I’m all confused and woozy… – I understand. | – 我已经彻底头晕目眩了 – 我理解 |
[10:45] | But what about me? | 但是我怎么办 |
[10:47] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[10:49] | Be at my hotel tonight for dinner. | 今晚来我的酒店共进晚餐吧 |
[10:52] | Perhaps you’ll show me just how serious you are. | 也许那时你能向我展示你到底多么严肃了 |
[11:07] | I think I figured it out: | 我觉得我弄明白了 |
[11:08] | Bebe wants to have sex with a human male | Bebe想通过和一个人类男性做爱 |
[11:10] | to bring about the Apocalypse. | 让世界末日降临 |
[11:15] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[11:18] | But here’s my theory: | 但我的理论是这样的 |
[11:20] | Bebe’s had a thing for me for years. This, coupled with the fact | Bebe多年来一直喜欢我 再加上 |
[11:24] | that control is an aphrodisiac for her, | 控制别人会让她性奋的事实 |
[11:27] | it’s not surprising to find | 所以毫不奇怪 |
[11:28] | that she hopes to parlay her advantage into a sexual conquest. | 她想用她的优势来交换一个爱情的俘虏 |
[11:33] | But surely you don’t intend | 但是你肯定不愿意 |
[11:35] | to let the promise of wealth and exposure | 为了她保证给你的财富和公众关注 |
[11:37] | – lure you into her bed. – It’s not gonna come to that. | – 就被她哄上床吧 – 不会走到那一步的 |
[11:40] | It’s all about the dance. | 这是一场博弈 |
[11:44] | It’s all about the possibility of sex, the promise… | 一切都围绕着可能发生的性 |
[11:47] | that’s never delivered that keeps them tantalized. | 那种让他们干着急却永远不会实现的保证 |
[11:50] | One only needs to know how not to cross the line. | 一个人只要知道怎样不超越底线就好了 |
[11:54] | Excuse me, but didn’t you sleep with her once? | 不好意思 但你之前不是和她睡过吗 |
[11:59] | Yes, that’s how I know where the line is. | 是啊 就是那次让我知道了底线在哪 |
[12:05] | I almost feel sorry for her. | 我都有点为她遗憾了 |
[12:08] | Just another helpless woman suffering from a unslakeable thirst | 她只是另一个无助的女人 痛苦地渴望着得不到的 |
[12:13] | Crane for Crane! | |
[12:19] | Still, I can’t help thinking | 话说回来 我还是忍不住去想 |
[12:21] | there’s something Faustian about this whole thing. | 这整件事还是有点浮士德的意味 |
[12:24] | Faust was a moron. | 浮士德是个白痴 |
[12:29] | I’m gonna be a star! | 我会成为明星的 |
[12:32] | – Hi, Daph. – Hello. | – 嗨 Daph – 你好 |
[12:34] | – A latte please. – Hello, darling. – Hello. | – 麻烦来杯拿铁 – 你好 亲爱的 – 你好 |
[12:38] | – Did you see who’s here? – Yes. | – 快看谁在这 – 是啊 |
[12:42] | I wonder if you’ll still be stirring | 我在想等我们金婚的时候 |
[12:43] | my coffee like that when we’re in our golden years. | 你还会不会像那样为我搅咖啡 |
[12:46] | Yes. And I know that a touch | 我会的 而且我知道到了那时 |
[12:48] | from you then will be just as sweet as it is today. | 你的轻轻一触会像如今一样甜蜜 |
[12:52] | So this is where you’ve been going! | 原来这些天你就在这里鬼混 |
[12:54] | And with this tramp from water aerobics! | 还跟这个水下有氧运动班的荡妇在一起 |
[12:58] | – Who are you? – I’m his wife! | – 你是谁 – 我是他老伴 |
[13:01] | – You’re married?! – I can explain! | – 你结过婚了 – 我可以解释 |
[13:03] | Don’t bother, you worm! | 少费口舌了 你这条臭虫 |
[13:05] | You promised that was it the last time! | 你上次答应过再也不犯了的 |
[13:18] | Frasier, come in. | Frasier 请进 |
[13:22] | – How did you know it was me? – I felt a certain tingle in the knob. | – 你怎么知道是我 – 把手给了我一种独特的刺痛 |
[13:30] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[13:33] | Well, I see Phil has landed you in the lap of luxury. | 我看出Phil让你过上了奢侈生活 |
[13:37] | Yes, it’s a lovely suite. Unfortunately, | 是啊 这是间很不错的套房 不幸的是 |
[13:40] | there’s some sort of choir championship this weekend | 这周末有个什么合唱比赛 |
[13:43] | and they practice at all hours. | 他们整天都在排练 |
[13:46] | Is it Madrigal Madness already? | 已经到牧歌狂欢节了吗 |
[13:49] | I had no idea it was this close to Whitsun. | 我都不知道它离圣灵降临节这么近 |
[13:52] | Please, darling, sit. I’ll pour the champagne. | 请吧 亲爱的 请坐 我来倒香槟 |
[13:56] | I suppose a drop wouldn’t hurt. | 我想稍微喝点不会有事的 |
[14:01] | So, | 那么 |
[14:04] | – you give any thought to taking me on again? – Yes, I have. | – 你重新考虑过接我做客户了吗 – 我考虑过了 |
[14:08] | And I have to say there’s almost nothing I’d enjoy more. | 而且我得说没有什么比这更让我享受的了 |
[14:13] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[14:15] | But first, let’s talk about what I’d enjoy more. | 但是首先 我们来谈谈更让我享受的那件事 |
[14:21] | – You want more than ten percent? – I want you. And… | – 你想要多于百分之十的分成 – 我想要你 而且 |
[14:25] | “Yes” To the other thing. | 另一件事的答案是”是的” |
[14:29] | Gosh, Bebe. | 天哪 Bebe |
[14:31] | – I’m terribly flattered, it’s just that, uh… – Frasier! | – 我真是受宠若惊 只是 呃 – Frasier |
[14:35] | A few years ago I let down my guard | 几年以前我放松了警惕 |
[14:38] | and succumbed to your advances. | 让你占到了便宜 |
[14:40] | – You seduced ME! – It changed me, Frasier. | – 是你色诱我的 – 那件事改变了我 Frasier |
[14:42] | If I crave your touch again, you’ve only yourself to blame. | 如果我再度渴求你的抚摸 那只能怪你自己 |
[14:47] | I’m not going to say that you’re not a beautiful woman, | 我没法不说你是个漂亮的女人 |
[14:49] | but is it wise for us to jump into a relationship? | 但是我们贸然开始一段感情是不是不太明智 |
[14:54] | I’m only talking about having a little fun. After all, | 我只想小小地享乐一下 毕竟 |
[14:57] | when I’m having fun, I’m happy. | 如果我享乐一下 我就会很快乐 |
[15:00] | When I’m happy, I work harder. | 我快乐就会更努力工作 |
[15:03] | When I work harder, you become famous and rich | 如果我更努力工作 你就会名利双收 |
[15:07] | …and powerful. That’s what you want, isn’t it? Fame and power? | 也更加强大 那不正是你想要的吗 名声和权力 |
[15:12] | I, I like to think of it more as influence, really, but… | 我 我比较倾向于影响力 真的 但是 |
[15:16] | I’ll bet I can make you bigger than Dr. Phil! | 我敢说我能让你比Phil医生还有名 |
[15:20] | Is that running water I hear? | 那是流水声吗 |
[15:22] | Yes, I’m steaming the wrinkles out of a dress. | 是的 我在熨一条皱裙子 |
[15:27] | Does it put you in mind of a tropic night? | 你想不想来个热带风情夜 |
[15:31] | A moonlit stroll, | 月光下漫步 |
[15:33] | the rhythmic lapping of waves | 有节律的波浪 |
[15:36] | against the shore… | 拍打着岸边 |
[15:39] | You know, if it’s silk, the steam could damage it. | 你知道 如果是真丝裙子 蒸汽会把它熨坏的 |
[15:43] | Wait right here. | 在这等一下 |
[15:45] | – Gosh, I better open a window. – Yes, darling,. | – 天哪 我最好开扇窗户 – 没错 亲爱的 |
[15:49] | let the night in while I | 在我换身更舒服的衣服时 |
[15:51] | slip into something a little more comfortable. | 让夜色进来吧 |
[15:54] | Well, if you want comfortable, how about that sweater ensemble | 如果你想要舒服点的话 穿咱们上午见面时 |
[15:57] | I saw you in this morning? | 你穿的那件毛衣怎么样 |
[16:05] | – Bebe… – Join me, Frasier. | – Bebe – 加入我吧 Frasier |
[16:09] | I’ll make your dreams come true. | 我可以实现你的梦想 |
[16:13] | But… at what cost? | 但是 代价是什么 |
[16:17] | What I’m offering you is priceless. | 我给你的东西是无价的 |
[16:20] | Come, Frasier. | 来吧 Frasier |
[16:28] | I can’t! | 我做不到 |
[17:37] | Roger, you are go for lift-off. | 收到 你可以准备起飞了 |
[17:41] | Godspeed, Martin Six. | 一路顺风 Martin六号 |
[18:08] | – What the hell’s goin’ on? – Oh, geez. | – 这到底是怎么回事 – 哦 天哪 |
[18:12] | Just sort of a minor accident here. | 只是出了点小事故 |
[18:15] | But don’t worry about it, everything’s under control. | 但是别担心 一切都在控制之中 |
[18:27] | So, what time do you want me to pick up your sister? | 那么 你想让我几点去接你姐姐 |
[18:32] | Well, if it isn’t the first couple of radio. | 这不是电台的第一搭档嘛 |
[18:35] | I knew I’d find you here. | 我就知道会在这找到你们 |
[18:36] | Bebe, shouldn’t you be in Los Angeles with Dr Phil? | Bebe 你不应该和Phil医生一起去洛杉矶吗 |
[18:39] | That’s up to you, Frasier. | 这取决于你 Frasier |
[18:42] | – I don’t understand. – Well, after our… | – 我不明白 – 经过我们 |
[18:45] | …meeting last night, | 昨晚的见面 |
[18:47] | I had to ask myself a very difficult question: | 我不得不问自己一个艰难的问题 |
[18:49] | Am I really that happy with Dr. Phil, | 我和Phil医生在一起真的快乐吗 |
[18:52] | if I’m entertaining thoughts of returning to you? | 如果我一想到回你身边就非常开心的话 |
[18:55] | Are you saying you’ll have me back? | 你是说你会接我做客户 |
[18:57] | How could I refuse you? | 我怎么能拒绝你呢 |
[18:59] | Dr. Phil has been amusing, but I need a project. | Phil医生是很有趣 但我需要的是一个项目 |
[19:02] | – I need a Frasier Crane! – Well, that’s wonderful. | – 我需要的是一个Frasier Crane – 那就太好了 |
[19:06] | Incidentally, Dr. Phil paid me 15%. | 顺便一说 Phil医生给我15%的分成 |
[19:08] | Well, as will Dr. Frasier. | 那Frasier医生也可以 |
[19:12] | I’ve just got one very difficult | 我得给我的经纪人打一个 |
[19:13] | – call to make to my agent. – Already handled. | – 艰难的电话了 – 已经处理好了 |
[19:15] | I also took the liberty of calling Spokane, | 我也擅自给斯波坎那边打了电话 |
[19:17] | the terms of your deal there | 你跟他们签订的合同条款 |
[19:18] | – were worse than abysmal. – Great, great! | – 简直太糟糕了 – 太好了 太好了 |
[19:20] | – You got me more money? – No, they wouldn’t budge. | – 你给我争取了更多的钱 – 不 他们不肯拨款 |
[19:22] | So you quit! | 所以你退出了 |
[19:23] | You’re no longer on in Spokane, isn’t it exciting? | 你不再在斯波坎播出了 难道不激动人心吗 |
[19:26] | Wait a minute, that is a step backwards! | 等一下 这不是倒退了吗 |
[19:28] | All the better to get a running start. | 这对于一个新的开始是件好事 |
[19:31] | In my opinion, the future is firmly in front of us. | 在我看来 未来正坚定地在我们面前展开 |
[19:36] | Congratulations, Frasier. | 恭喜你 Frasier |
[19:38] | Oh, thank you, Bebe, thank you so much. | 哦 谢谢你 Bebe 太谢谢你了 |
[19:40] | – I’ll call you tomorrow. – I’ll be waiting. | – 我明天给你打电话 – 我会等着的 |
[19:43] | Gosh, Roz, isn’t that great news? | 天哪 Roz 真是大好的消息 不是吗 |
[19:46] | I feel as if a weight has been lifted from me. | 我觉得好像卸掉了一个大负担 |
[19:48] | Oh, it’s marvelous! | 哦 真是太棒了 |
[19:49] | She’s charging you more money and we just lost Spokane. | 她收了你更多的钱而且还让我们丢了斯波坎 |
[19:52] | Big picture! The future is firmly in front of me! | 这是为了大局 未来正坚定地在我们面前展开 |
[19:57] | – Isn’t the future always in front of you? – Yes! | – 未来不在你面前还能在哪展开 – 没错 |
[20:01] | But not firmly! | 但是没有这么坚定 |
[20:07] | Well, my little lamb has bleated back to me. | 我的小羊羔回到我的怀抱来了 |
[20:11] | Frasier has rejoined the flock. | Frasier重新加入羊群了 |
[20:13] | So my debt is cleared? | 那我的债务就算还清了 |
[20:14] | We don’t have to keep pretending you’re my agent? | 我不用再假装你是我的经纪人了 |
[20:16] | We’re square, darling. | 我们两清了 亲爱的 |
[20:17] | And maybe the next time you gamble with Bebe, | 或许下次你和Bebe赌博的时候 |
[20:20] | you’ll pay your debts with cash. | 你能用现金来还债 |
[20:23] | See, the problem is my wife looks at the bank statements | 你瞧 问题是我老婆会查看银行账目 |
[20:26] | and if she knew I was | 如果她发现 |
[20:27] | losing money playing cards, she would kill me. | 我赌牌输钱的话 她会杀了我的 |
[20:32] | So, your wife doesn’t know you play poker. | 所以 你老婆不知道你赌牌 |
[20:36] | – I don’t tell her everything. – I see. | – 我不是什么事都告诉她的 – 我懂了 |
[20:39] | And how’s that workin’ for you? | 那对你来说怎么样 |
[20:43] | Just deal the cards. | 快发牌吧 |