时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, I think we’ve got time for one last caller. | 我们还有时间接听最后一个电话 |
[00:11] | Roz, who have we got? | Roz 哪位听众在线 |
[00:21] | Well, I suppose I’ll be fielding this last one myself. | 好吧 我得自己转接最后一个电话了 |
[00:23] | Let’s try line two. | 来看看二号线 |
[00:25] | Go ahead, caller, your name and problem, please. | 说吧 听众 你的姓名和疑惑 |
[00:27] | Yes sir, my name’s Ernie, | 嗯 我名叫Ernie |
[00:27] | 声音客串为美国演员Bill Paxton 主要作品有<泰坦尼克号><神盾局特工> | |
[00:29] | and I’m real angry at my dog. | 我气我的狗 气得不行 |
[00:34] | Okay, Ernie. Uh, very often, | 嗯 Ernie 这个很常见的 |
[00:35] | when people have feelings towards their pets, | 一旦人对他们的宠物有了感情之后 |
[00:38] | it often reflect feelings they have about themselves | 这样的感情往往反映出他们对于自己的看法 |
[00:41] | and their place in society. So tell me… | 以及他们的社会地位 告诉我 |
[00:43] | why are you angry at your dog? | 你为什么生你狗狗的气呢 |
[00:47] | Well, he keeps telling me to take off my foil helmet. | 他一直要我脱下我的箔纸头盔 |
[00:57] | Would you hold on, Ernie? Um… | Ernie你能稍等下吗 额 |
[01:01] | Someone will come on the line with the number | 会有人继续接听你的电话 |
[01:02] | of an expert in this sort of situation. | 而且还是处理这种情况的专家 |
[01:06] | Let’s try, uh, line four. | 让我来试试 额 四号线 |
[01:09] | Oh yes, of course I’m interested! I’ll fax my resume right over! | 是的 我当然感兴趣 我立即传真我的简历 |
[01:18] | Well, the news is up next, | 新闻即将播送 |
[01:19] | followed by the market update with Julia Wilcox. | 接下来由Julia Wilcox为您播报金融行情 |
[01:22] | That’s it for me today. | 我的节目今天就到这里 |
[01:23] | This is Dr.Frasier Crane saying, | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:24] | good day and good mental health. | 祝大家今日愉快 身心安康 |
[01:28] | – Another great show, doctor. – Did you even listen? | – 又是好节目啊 医生 – 你听过吗 |
[01:31] | You don’t have to eat every Big Mac | 无需遍尝巨无霸 |
[01:33] | to know it’s a delicious hamburger sandwich. | 才知此堡滋味好 |
[01:37] | – Roz, what’s going on? – I’m sorry, but they want to interview me | – Roz怎么回事 – 不好意思啊 他们要面试 |
[01:39] | – for the program director job at KPXY. – Well… that’s great. | – KPXY的节目部主任职位 – 哇 挺棒的 |
[01:43] | But I didn’t even know you were looking. | 我都不知道你在找工作呢 |
[01:45] | I wasn’t! They just called me, out of the blue! | 我没有啊 他们就直接打电话给我了 出乎意料啊 |
[01:47] | I… I’m actually shocked, | 我 我有点震惊 |
[01:49] | because I have very limited experience in management. But… | 因为我做管理的这方面经验不是很多 但 |
[01:52] | Well, Kenny’s in management, how hard can it be? | 我想Kenny都能做管理 那管理能有多难呢 |
[01:55] | Hey, it’s not that easy. | 喂 这一点都不简单 |
[01:57] | I know it looks like a monkey can do my job, but it can’t. | 我知道好像猴子都能干我的活 但猴子干不了 |
[02:00] | True story. | 一点不唬你 |
[02:03] | Well, gosh, Roz, I… | 天 Roz 我 |
[02:05] | I must say, I’ve got some mixed feelings about this. | 我得说 对于这件事 我的心情有点复杂 |
[02:08] | I mean, I couldn’t be happier | 我意思是 我真心为你高兴 |
[02:09] | that you’re finally getting the recognition you deserve, but… | 你真实价值终于得到了认同 |
[02:11] | I’m gonna miss you. | 但我会想念你的 |
[02:13] | Oh, let’s wait ’til there’s a real offer | 哦 先等这工作邀约正式确定吧 |
[02:15] | before we break out the Kleenex and champagne. | 那时候我们再热泪盈眶地开香槟 |
[02:18] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[02:20] | Well, Roz, Kenny told me about your job interview. Good luck. | Roz Kenny跟我说了你面试的事 祝你好运 |
[02:24] | Oh, I get it. It’ll be good luck | 哦 我懂你意思 肯定是你走运 |
[02:26] | because if I get the job, I’ll be gone. | 因为 如果我被雇佣了 我就不在这干了 |
[02:29] | No, it sounds like a good position for you. | 不是啊 这岗位对你来说蛮不错的啊 |
[02:32] | Right. Cause I get into a lot of sexual positions with a lot of guys. | 是啊 因为这样我就能用很多体位睡很多男人 |
[02:39] | I’m saying congratulations. | 我只是在恭喜你 |
[02:41] | Oh. Thank you. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[02:44] | What’s her problem? | 她有病吧 |
[02:50] | Well, you’re being uncharacteristically decent today. | 你今天表现的相当得体 都不大像你了 |
[02:54] | – You all right? – I’m fine. | – 你还好吗 – 还好 |
[02:56] | All right, I might as well tell you before he does. | 好吧 反正我也是要在他之前告诉你 |
[02:59] | Avery and I broke up. | 我跟Avery分手了 |
[03:01] | Oh. Gosh, uh, what happened? | 哦 天 怎么了 |
[03:04] | I got tired of listening to him promise he’d leave his wife. | 我已经厌倦听他承诺说 他会离开他老婆 |
[03:08] | Well, I’m sorry. I realize you must be going through… | 我很遗憾 我想你肯定经受着 |
[03:12] | Oh, I don’t need your sympathy. Ok? | 我不需要你的同情 好吗 |
[03:14] | I’m not one of your pathetic code-three whackadoos. | 我可不是你3号线上什么可悲的傻帽 |
[03:18] | I was just trying to help. No need to insult my callers. | 我就只是想帮你啊 没必要侮辱我的来电者吧 |
[03:21] | Foil Helmet Guy says his dog needs to speak to you. | 那个戴箔头盔的说 他的狗需要跟你谈谈 |
[03:34] | Oh, excuse me… | 不好意思 |
[03:37] | – Hi, Daph. – Hello. | – 嗨 Daph – 嗨 |
[03:38] | Gosh, I’ve never seen this place so crowded. What’s the occasion? | 天 我从来没见这里这么多人 怎么回事儿 |
[03:40] | It’s Mum’s day off. Apparently, there was a mass e-mail. | 今天母亲节打折 很明显 他们群发了好多邮件啊 |
[03:46] | So, is Niles going to be joining us? | Niles会跟我们一起喝咖啡吗 |
[03:47] | No, he’s taking your father to the shooting range. | 不 他带你爸去靶场了 |
[03:49] | Oh, yes, yes, of course, I’d forgotten. | 哦 对对 是的 我给忘了 |
[03:51] | He asked me to take him, but then I suggested that | 爸本来是叫我带他去的 但我建议 |
[03:54] | when it comes to guns, perhaps he would prefer someone of… | 如果是要摸抢的话 他可能会更倾向于 |
[03:57] | Niles’s caliber. | 像Niles这样水准的人 |
[04:00] | I’m in rare form today. | 我今天可真是火力全开啊 |
[04:03] | You should see this place when they know you’re not coming. | 那你该看看他们知道你去不了时候的样子 |
[04:06] | No, Avery… two-thirds of the work on that program is mine! | 不 Avery 那个程序的三分之二可是我做的 |
[04:11] | Well, I don’t have to prove it, it’s a fact! | 我没必要证明 这是事实 |
[04:15] | Oh… oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[04:17] | Well, I should have expected as much | 是啊 我还能期待一个 |
[04:19] | from a man who wears leopard print bikini briefs! | 穿豹纹比基尼三角短裤的男人干什么 |
[04:22] | Avery McManus wears shiny, acetate man-panties! | Avery McManus 穿闪闪发光的男士亚沙裤子 |
[04:34] | Excuse me. | 我离开下 |
[04:38] | – Everything okay? – No. | – 一切还好吗 – 不 |
[04:41] | Now that I’ve dumped your bastard accountant, | 由于我甩了你混帐会计 |
[04:43] | he’s trying to cut me out of our software program. | 他现在要把我从我们合作的软件项目里踢出去 |
[04:47] | – Software program? – We, mostly me, | – 软件项目 – 我们 主要是我 |
[04:49] | developed a proprietary method for analyzing price/volume momentum. | 开发了一个价格数量比的动量分析法专利 |
[04:53] | I call it vector scaling, | 我给它起名为矢量测量 |
[04:55] | and it can quantify the likelihood of longer-term trends. | 它能量化出长期投资的可能趋势 |
[04:58] | Do you realize what that means? | 你懂我说的意思吗 |
[05:01] | It’s good. | 不错啊 |
[05:03] | That program is my baby, I have been working on it for months. | 这个项目就跟我孩子一样 我在上面花了好几个月 |
[05:06] | I think your bastard accountant has been using me all along. | 我觉得你的混帐会计一直以来都是在利用我 |
[05:11] | – Thanks for setting us up! – I did no such thing! | – 谢谢你给我们牵线 – 我可没做这种事 |
[05:13] | You know what I ought to do? | 知道我应该干什么吗 |
[05:14] | I ought to go down to his office, demand my files, | 我要一路杀到他办公室 拿到我的文件 |
[05:17] | – and then trash the place! – Just a second, | – 然后把那儿搅个天翻地覆 – 等会 |
[05:19] | just a second, just sit down. Sit down, please. | 等会 先坐下 请先坐下 |
[05:23] | Take a moment to calm down before you make any rash decisions. | 在匆忙决定之前先平静一下 |
[05:27] | In a few hours, I’m leaving town for a week. | 还有几个小时 我就要外出大概一周 |
[05:29] | There’s no way I’m leaving your bastard accountant | 我可不能让你的混蛋会计 |
[05:31] | in control of those files. | 掌握我的那些文件 |
[05:33] | All right, well, if you insist, then perhaps | 好吧 额 如果你坚持的话 也许 |
[05:35] | I should go with you. Maybe I can help facilitate things. | 我跟你一起去 也许还能帮你减轻点负担 |
[05:38] | – Why? What’s in it for you? – Nothing! | – 为什么 这对你有什么好处 – 什么都没有 |
[05:41] | Surely you can conceive of the possibilities that | 你难道就不肯相信有这样的可能 |
[05:43] | someone might want to just do something nice for you? | 有人只是单纯的想帮忙 |
[05:46] | You and Avery are in this together, aren’t you? | 你跟Avery是串通好的 是不是 |
[05:47] | Of course not! You’re, you’re not being rational. | 当然不是 你都不理智了 |
[05:51] | You know, perhaps Avery is just… | 也许Avery |
[05:52] | holding your program hostage because he feels hurt. | 拿你的项目要挟你 仅仅是因为他觉得很受伤 |
[05:56] | Perhaps this is his clumsy way of trying to initiate a dialogue. | 也许这是他想要跟你说话的笨拙做法 |
[06:01] | You really do try to see the best in everyone, don’t you? | 你真是竭力要看到每个人最好的一面 是不是 |
[06:04] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我是 |
[06:07] | So, what do you see when you look at me? | 那 你看我的时候 我最好的一面是啥 |
[06:12] | Well… | 这个 |
[06:15] | I see a woman who’s been hurt, | 我看到了一个受伤的女人 |
[06:18] | not once but many times. | 不是一次而是受很多次伤的女人 |
[06:21] | A woman who finds it so difficult to trust someone, | 一个很难再去相信别人的女人 |
[06:24] | she won’t allow herself to be vulnerable. | 她不能容忍自己变成容易受伤的女人 |
[06:27] | A woman… whose eyes are going to get stuck | 一个女人 这白眼翻得快要卡住了 |
[06:29] | if she keeps rolling them like that! | 如果她还要继续这样翻的话 |
[06:45] | Ah, look at that grouping! | 哇 看看这子弹聚集度多好 |
[06:48] | Hey, uh, Dad, you about ready to go? | 嘿 额 爸 准备走了吗 |
[06:51] | I guess I’ve still got the touch. | 我想我这手感还在呢 |
[06:53] | Hey, Niles, you ought to give it a try. | 嘿Niles 你得试试看 |
[06:56] | Thanks, Dad, you know how I feel about handguns. | 谢了 爸 你知道我怎么看待手枪的 |
[06:58] | They breed violence. | 手枪会滋生暴力 |
[06:59] | Oh, come on, this is just simple target shooting, that’s all. | 哦 拜托 这就是个简单的打靶射击 别想那么多 |
[07:05] | Ha-ha, yeah! | 哈哈 耶 |
[07:08] | Here’s one dirtbag isn’t going to be selling crack | 看来有个小混混起码短期内 |
[07:11] | at any schoolyards anytime soon. | 不能去校园里卖毒品了 |
[07:17] | You should listen to the man. Shooting’s a great sport. | 你得听听你爸的 射击是项不错的运动 |
[07:21] | Red Brewer. And these clowns here are Mitch and Wayne. | 我叫Red Brewer 旁边这两逗逼是Mitch和Wayne |
[07:24] | – Hello. – Wayne. Mitch. I’m Niles Crane. | – 你好 – 你好 Wayne Mitch 我是Niles Crane |
[07:27] | And this is my father, Martin Crane. | 这位是我父亲Martin Crane |
[07:29] | Oh, hi, how you doing, guys? | 哦 嗨 你们好 |
[07:31] | Listen Niles, let me show you how to do this. | 听着Niles 让我来教教你怎么射击 |
[07:33] | I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s pretty simple. | 我觉得你会喜欢的 射击很简单的 |
[07:35] | You just take a solid stance, | 你先摆好站姿 |
[07:38] | hold the grip firmly, steady your gun hand with your other, | 紧握把手 握枪的手和另一只手保持平稳 |
[07:41] | fingers to fingers,thumb to thumb, | 手指对手指 拇指对拇指 |
[07:43] | focus on the front sight, and squeeze the trigger. | 双眼注视前方 然后扣动扳机 |
[07:47] | – Okay, you try. – Oh, you know, no offense, but I, uh… | – 好 你试试看 – 额 我无意冒犯 但我 |
[07:51] | I just, I’m not real comfortable with guns. | 我就是 持枪让我觉得不是很自在 |
[07:53] | You know, Mitch used to be that way, too. | Mitch以前也是你这样的 |
[07:55] | Yeah, the only weapon I’d go near was a bow and arrow. | 是啊 那时我唯一愿靠近的武器是弓和箭 |
[07:59] | I, uh, I got an archery badge at day camp. | 我 额 我以前在露营的时候 拿过射箭奖章 |
[08:03] | This is like archery, but safer. | 这就跟射箭一样 但更安全 |
[08:05] | The weapon’s more stable, and you’re in a controlled environment. | 手枪更平稳 而且你周遭的环境完全可控 |
[08:09] | Go on, give it a try, son. | 来吧 试试看呢 儿子 |
[08:10] | Well, I, uh, just I’ll do one little one. | 我 额 好吧 我就试一小下下 |
[08:13] | Just remember: stance, grip, aim, relax, shoot. | 记住这几点 站好 握紧 瞄准 放松 射击 |
[08:18] | Okay. Stance, grip, aim, relax, shoot. | 好 站好 握紧 瞄准 放松 射击 |
[08:28] | Did I do it? | 我做到了吗 |
[08:29] | You not only did it, you hit the target. | 你不仅仅做到了 你还射中了呢 |
[08:31] | See? Sixth ring out. | 看见没 六环呢 |
[08:33] | Look at the kid, he hit the target his first time. | 看看这小子 第一次射击就打中了 |
[08:35] | – Not bad, kid. – Way to go, kid. | – 不坏啊 小子 – 加油哦 小子 |
[08:37] | That’s my kid! | 这是我儿子呢 |
[08:39] | That was, that was a unique experience. | 这真是个独特的体验 |
[08:41] | I’m sure I’ll dine out on that story for months. | 我肯定我这几个月都要细品这滋味了 |
[08:43] | Don’t quit now, go again. | 现在别停啊 再来一次 |
[08:45] | But remember, this time, squeeze the trigger, don’t pull. | 但记住 这次 扣动扳机 不要往回拉 |
[08:48] | Okay. Squeeze… | 好 扣动 |
[08:56] | Wow, you’re pretty good at this! | 哇 你真是擅长这个 |
[08:58] | The kid’s a natural, am I right? | 这孩子真有天赋 我说的对吧 |
[09:01] | – Can I go again? – Yeah. | – 我能再试一次吗 – 好 |
[09:15] | What took you so long? | 你怎么花了这么长时间 |
[09:17] | I was looking for street parking. | 我在找能停车的街区 |
[09:18] | Do you have any idea how much this garage charges? | 你知道这的停车场有多贵吗 |
[09:23] | Avery’s not here. | Avery不在这 |
[09:23] | Oh, great, it cost me $3.50 to find that out. | 真棒 花我三块五就是这结果 |
[09:27] | No, it’s good. It’ll make it easier for me to get my program back. | 不 确实很棒 这让拿回我的程序变得更简单了 |
[09:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[09:30] | – I know his keypad code. – Wh-wh-what? | – 我知道他的密码 – 什 什 什么 |
[09:32] | That is breaking and entering! | 这是擅闯民宅啊 |
[09:34] | Oh, if you’re so scared, why don’t you just leave? | 你要是这么怕的话 你走好啦 |
[09:35] | Well, I’m, I’m not scared! I… | 额 我 我才不怕呢 我 |
[09:40] | I’ll have you know I’ve had my fair share of escapades. | 我要让你知道 我曾做过相当多的恶作剧呢 |
[09:43] | Back in med school, I once dressed a cadaver in cap and gown and… | 我读医学院那会儿 我曾经给尸体穿衣戴帽 然后 |
[09:45] | Oh, here’s my program! Okay, good. | 哦 找到我的程序了 好 |
[09:47] | Now, just in case he backed it up, | 现在 以防他备份了程序 |
[09:50] | I am going to delete everything from his hard drive. | 我要删掉他硬盘里所有内容 |
[09:53] | Julia, I-I-I beg you to rethink this. | Julia 我我我 求求你三思啊 |
[09:55] | I realize you’re angry at Avery… | 我知道你生Avery的气 |
[09:56] | I’m not feeling anger. Just the peace | 我没生气啊 就感觉到平静 |
[09:58] | that comes with knowing that Avery will be royally screwed | 想到Avery肯定会彻彻底底的完蛋了 |
[10:02] | by me. | 被我搅得 |
[10:04] | There’s somebody at the door! | 有人在开门 |
[10:17] | It’s the cleaning woman. | 是清洁阿姨 |
[10:19] | I thought so, I’ve hidden from her before. | 应该是 以前我就躲过她 |
[10:22] | Julia, there’s still time to end this. | Julia 要结束这一切的话 还有时间 |
[10:26] | Look, you know that what you’re doing is wrong. | 你知道你现在做的不对 |
[10:29] | You should just get out now before more harm is done. | 你可以现在出去 在还没有更大伤害之前 |
[10:32] | Will you shut up? | 你能闭嘴吗 |
[10:34] | It’s pointless to hide in a closet | 要是外面的人都能听到声音 |
[10:35] | if the people outside can hear you! | 躲在柜子里还有啥意义 |
[10:37] | You’re going to get caught. | 你会被发现的 |
[10:38] | Because you won’t shut up! | 因为你不肯闭嘴 |
[10:41] | It’s never too late to do the right thing. | 亡羊补牢 犹未晚矣 |
[10:44] | No matter how low someone else sinks, | 无论别人堕落到什么地步 |
[10:46] | joining them there does not make things better. | 跟他们同流合污是不会让事情变好的 |
[11:12] | – What was that? – What? | – 刚那是什么 – 什么 |
[11:15] | – You kissed me. – I was trying to shut you up. | – 你亲我了 – 我想让你闭嘴 |
[11:18] | Oh, no. I’ve been kissed to shut me up before. This was not that. | 哦 不 之前也有人亲我想让我闭嘴 但刚刚不一样 |
[11:25] | Got it. All files deleted. | 完成 所有文件都删掉了 |
[11:28] | You know, that didn’t make me feel as good as I thought. | 你知道 我没我想的那么开心 |
[11:31] | That’s because you know you did the wrong thing. | 因为 你知道你这么做是不对的 |
[11:37] | Ah, that’s better. | 这样感觉好多了 |
[11:45] | Well, it doesn’t look like I’ll be leaving KACL anytime soon. | 看样子我不会很快离开KACL了 |
[11:49] | Coffee to go, please? | 麻烦 一杯咖啡带走 |
[11:52] | Dear lord, what, what happened, Roz? | 天 发 发生什么了Roz |
[11:54] | Turns out the person who’s interviewing me | 我发现给我面试的那个人 |
[11:56] | is a guy I’ve slept with. | 我之前和他睡过 |
[12:01] | What are the odds? | 这么巧啊 |
[12:06] | It was ten years ago, at a convention in Cancun. | 十年前的事了 当时是在坎昆开广播大会 |
[12:09] | We were all hammered. | 我们都喝多了 |
[12:10] | Oh, I’m surprised you even remember him. | 哦 我奇怪你居然能记得他 |
[12:12] | Well, it’s hard to forget | 要忘记这样一个人很难的 |
[12:13] | when you wake up with a nametag on your pillow that says, | 你一觉醒来 发现枕头上有个名牌写着 |
[12:16] | “Hola! My name is Woody Wiswell.” | “你嚎 我叫Woody Wiswell” |
[12:25] | – So what’s the problem? – There’s just something weird about it. | – 所以问题出在哪呢 – 就觉得有点怪怪的啊 |
[12:29] | I don’t know, maybe I’m just freaking myself out | 我也不知道 也许我就是紧张了 |
[12:31] | because I’m not sure I’m ready for this job yet. | 因为我不确定 我有没有准备好干这项工作 |
[12:33] | Well, of course you are, Roz. | 当然啦 Roz |
[12:34] | I mean, come on, don’t doubt yourself. | 我的意思是 拜托 别怀疑你自己啊 |
[12:36] | Listen, they’re the ones that called you, right? | 听着 是他们打电话给你的 好吗 |
[12:38] | You go down there and get that job. | 你到那 拿下这个工作 |
[12:40] | You’re going to make a great program director. | 你肯定会是个很棒的节目部主任的 |
[12:42] | – You really think I will? – Of course I do. | – 你真这么觉得 – 当然啦 |
[12:45] | Even though… | 哪怕 |
[12:48] | …I wish you could stay with me forever. | 我希望你能一直和我一起工作 |
[12:51] | I’m going to miss you so much, Roz. | 我会好想你的 Roz |
[12:54] | Oh, stop it! I don’t even have the job yet, you’re gonna jinx it! | 哦 停 我还没得到这份工作呢 你这样会不吉利的 |
[12:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:59] | Listen, I’d better go and get my presentation together | 我最好去准备准备我的报告 |
[13:02] | so I can impress Woody Wiswell. | 这样就能给Woody Wiswell留个好印象了 |
[13:05] | Seems to me you’ve impressed him already. | 在我看来 你已经给他留下了深刻的印象了 |
[13:12] | – Hello. – Julia! | – 你好 – Julia |
[13:14] | – Can I have a latte to go, please? – Listen, Julia, Julia, | – 麻烦一杯拿铁带走 – 听着Julia Julia |
[13:17] | I’ve been dying to talk to you all week long | 我这一周都一直想跟你谈谈 |
[13:18] | about what happened in Avery’s office. | 在Avery办公室发生的事 |
[13:19] | Obviously something is going on, and I have several hypotheses. | 很明显我们之间有点微妙 我做了好几个推测 |
[13:25] | It could be displaced passion, | 可能是移情 |
[13:27] | frustration from a failed relationship, | 由一段不成功的感情受挫所致 |
[13:30] | or an adrenaline-induced action | 或者是肾上腺素引发的行为 |
[13:31] | as a result of stress we were both suffering from… | 由于我们彼此都深受着巨大压力而导致 |
[13:34] | Oh, Frasier, for once in your life, would you please shut up? | 哦 Frasier 就这么一次 你能不能闭嘴 |
[13:38] | – Hello. – Oh, hi. Hello. | – 你好 – 哦 嗨 你好 |
[13:41] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, Frasier. | – 你们好 – 嘿 Frasier |
[13:43] | Hey, Fras, you look a little down. Everything okay? | 嘿 Fras 你看上去情绪有点低落 一切都还好吗 |
[13:45] | Uh, two coffees, please. | 额 两杯咖啡 |
[13:46] | Dad, if you had any perspicacity whatsoever, | 爸 如果你是真的敏锐的话 |
[13:49] | you would know that this expression is merely ruminative perplexity. | 你就该知道我的情绪不过是沉默的深思罢了 |
[13:54] | My bad. | 我的错 |
[13:56] | It’s nothing serious. I’ll work it out. | 没什么要紧的 我会想出办法的 |
[13:59] | You know where I like to work things out? The shooting range. | 你知道我喜欢在哪思考问题吗 靶场 |
[14:03] | Good Lord, Niles, are you still going down there? | 天哪 Niles 你还去那吗 |
[14:05] | I thought you hated guns. | 我以为你不喜欢枪呢 |
[14:06] | Oh, believe me, I never expected I’d like it as much as I do, but… | 哦 相信我 我从没想过我会像现在这么喜欢 |
[14:10] | when you’re in that booth, focused on, on precision, and accuracy, | 但当你站在靶前 全身心的投入到精度和准度 |
[14:14] | it’s not dissimilar to a kind of meditation. Wouldn’t you agree, Dad? | 这多么像一种冥想啊 你同意吗 爸 |
[14:17] | I just like to shoot stuff, son. | 我就是喜欢射东西 儿子 |
[14:20] | Fair enough. You should join us. | 也是 你应该加入我们啊 |
[14:22] | There’s a great bunch of guys I shoot with. | 和我一起射击的那群人挺不错的 |
[14:24] | I think you’d like them. | 我觉得你也会喜欢他们的 |
[14:25] | Well, I’m not sure I’d fit in with a bunch of trigger-happy gun nuts. | 我觉得我可能融入不了一群喜欢射击的疯子圈子里 |
[14:29] | Now, don’t stereotype them. | 别对他们抱有成见啊 |
[14:31] | These are decent family men who enjoy marksmanship. | 他们都是有体面家庭的射击爱好者 |
[14:33] | It’s a good group we’ve got. Dad and I are going down this afternoon. | 我们的圈子可好了 爸和我今天下午一起去 |
[14:36] | No, I don’t think I’m going to come today, Niles. | 不 我今天不去 Niles |
[14:38] | Well… it’s Mitch’s birthday. | 啊 今天是Mitch的生日啊 |
[14:41] | Well, I usually go shooting twice a year or so, | 我一般都是一年去个两次 |
[14:43] | and after this week I’ve had my fill. | 打完这周 我今年的量就够了呀 |
[14:46] | – Thank you. – Well, I’m still going. | – 谢谢你 – 我还是会去的 |
[14:47] | My shooting is getting better and better. | 我射击水平越来越好了 |
[14:49] | Oh, plus the gun show’s in town and the guys are bringing me passes. | 而且 镇上的枪支展览 我们圈子的人给我入场券了 |
[14:54] | A gun show? | 枪支展览 |
[14:56] | What’s next, square dancing? | 下一个会是什么 方块舞吗 |
[14:59] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[15:01] | This country was built by gun-totin’ square dancers. | 这个国家就是由背着枪跳方块舞的人建立的 |
[15:10] | So, I really appreciate you bringing me in for this interview. | 我很感谢您给我安排了这场面试 |
[15:12] | I’ve been listening to your station for a while, | 我也听了你们电台一段时间 |
[15:14] | and I’ve prepared a little presentation | 我准备了一小段报告 |
[15:17] | that I think will show you what I can bring to the KPXY family. | 向您阐释我能给KPXY这个大家庭带来什么 |
[15:20] | Oh, that’s not necessary. I mean, this is just a formality. | 哦 这没必要的 我是说 这只是走个过场 |
[15:24] | Trust me, I know what you can do. | 相信我 我知道你能做什么 |
[15:32] | – Really? – Yeah. I, uh, I already told the guys about you. | – 真的吗 – 嗯 我已经跟别人说起过你了 |
[15:39] | What exactly did you tell them? | 你到底跟他们说了什么 |
[15:41] | Oh, you know, how incredible you are. | 你有多么不可思议 |
[15:46] | Okay, look, I-I think there’s something that needs to be said here. | 我 我觉得有些事情我们要说开了 |
[15:49] | Why don’t we just get it all out in the open? | 我们为什么不打开天窗说亮话 |
[15:51] | Yes, we slept together in Cancun, | 是的 我们在坎昆睡了一晚 |
[15:54] | but I don’t want that to affect the job. | 但我不想让这影响到工作 |
[15:55] | I mean, it was 10 years ago, I… | 我意思是 这是十年前的事了 |
[15:57] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[15:59] | Look, I think you have me mistaken for someone else. | 我觉得你可能把我跟别人弄混了 |
[16:05] | And I think I would remember a name like Woody Wiswell. | 但我觉得我能记住Woody Wiswell这样的名字 |
[16:08] | I mean, seriously, who’s named Woody Wiswell? | 讲真 谁会叫Woody Wiswell啊 |
[16:11] | Yeah, well, just me and my dad. | 嗯 就我和我父亲 |
[16:22] | Darling, I just don’t think you need an ankle holster | 亲爱的 我觉得你不需要脚踝枪套 |
[16:25] | when you don’t even own a gun. | 你现在连枪都还没有 |
[16:29] | Well, first of all, who says it’s for me, | 首先 谁说这是给我的 |
[16:31] | Miss I-Never-Surprise-You-Anymore? | “我再也不给你惊喜小姐” |
[16:34] | And second of all, I’m thinking I might own a gun soon. | 其次 我觉得我很快就会有枪了 |
[16:37] | No, you won’t. | 不 你不会 |
[16:38] | No, no, no, don’t worry. I, I… | 不不不 别担心 我 我 |
[16:40] | would keep the gun in a locker at the shooting range. | 会在靶场的柜子那存一把枪 |
[16:43] | I would never have a gun in the same house as your mother. | 我绝对不会让枪和你妈共处一室的 |
[16:48] | Now they’re saying Daisy Duke might not get here. | 他们说Daisy Duke可能不会来这 |
[16:52] | – Hey! – Hey, how’s it going, kid? | – 嘿 – 嘿 怎么样啊 小子 |
[16:55] | You guys, how are you? | 大伙 你们怎么样啊 |
[16:56] | Oh, listen, I want you to meet my wife, Daphne. | 我来介绍下我妻子Daphne |
[16:58] | Daphne, this is Red, and Wayne, and Mitch. | Daphne 这是Red Wayne还有Mitch |
[17:00] | These are the guys I was telling you about. | 这就是我经常跟你说起的那些人 |
[17:01] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[17:03] | Listen, kid, we’ve been talking it over, | 听着 小伙子 我们一直在说 |
[17:05] | and since we get along so well at the club, | 我们在俱乐部处得这么好 |
[17:07] | we’d like to invite you down to our compound in Idaho for a weekend. | 我们想邀请你到我们爱荷华的训练场里度周末 |
[17:14] | A compound? | 训练场 |
[17:17] | It’s just like the Kennedys! | 听上去跟肯尼迪家族一样啊 |
[17:21] | – That sounds smashing. – Hey, that’s the spirit. | – 听上去好棒 – 对 就是要这个态度 |
[17:24] | See, I told you. Hey, look, you’re good at math, right? | 看 我说吧 你数学是不是不错 |
[17:27] | Come help me guess how many shells are in that jar, | 来帮我猜猜看那个瓶子里有多少弹壳 |
[17:29] | so I can win the ATV? | 这样我就能赢个反坦克车 |
[17:30] | Oh, excuse me. What kind of TV? | 哦 不好意思 什么样的电视来着 |
[17:33] | – Nice to meet you, ma’am. – Oh, uh, Red, hold on a second. | – 很高兴认识你女士 – 哦 额 Red 留步 |
[17:36] | Uh, just what kind of place do you guys have in Idaho? | 我就问下 你们在爱达荷那个是什么样的训练场 |
[17:39] | Run-of-the-mill compound in the wilderness… | 就在野外凑合的场子 |
[17:42] | free country where we live by the true Constitution. | 在这个自由的国度里 我们遵循宪法的真章生活 |
[17:49] | They’re those militia people! | 他们是民兵组织的 |
[17:49] | 不属于政府机构的组织 都是民众自发组成的小团体 思想也偏向极端 | |
[17:51] | You fix this, now. | 你来搞定 |
[17:53] | – This is fun, huh? – Uh, son… | – 这里挺好玩的吧 – 额 儿子 |
[17:56] | What your father means is, you shouldn’t be friends with these people. | 你爸爸的意思是 你不能和这些人交朋友 |
[17:59] | Yeah, these are not your kind of guys. | 恩 他们跟你不是一类人 |
[18:01] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[18:02] | Well, let’s just go and we’ll talk about it in the car. | 我们先走 然后我们在车里再说这个话题 |
[18:03] | oh, I can’t believe you two. | 我简直不敢相信 你们两个 |
[18:06] | You’re always telling me my friends are too artsy and too snooty. | 你们总说我交的朋友太高贵太冷艳 |
[18:09] | Now I finally have friends who are regular guys, | 我现在终于交到普通朋友 |
[18:11] | and you don’t like them either? | 你们也不喜欢 |
[18:12] | Well, I’m having a good time, | 我不管 我玩的很开心 |
[18:13] | and I’m enjoying being a regular guy myself. | 我也很享受作为一名普通人的感觉 |
[18:15] | Niles, we think they want to overthrow the government! | Niles 我们觉得他们可能要颠覆政权 |
[18:20] | That’s what you say about public television. | 你也这么评价公共电视台的 |
[18:24] | Now, if you’ll excuse me? Hey, guys, whatcha doing? | 现在 容我走开一会行吗 嘿 伙计们 干哈呢 |
[18:27] | We’re chipping in for this gas-powered generator. | 我们在凑份子买燃气动力的发电机 |
[18:30] | We’re going to need it when it comes time for the New World Order. | 我们可能会在新的世界秩序建立的时候用到它 |
[18:32] | Well, that sounds great. Excuse me just a second. | 哇哦 听上去真不错 容我离开一小会 |
[18:35] | Okay, they’re militia. Go, go, go, go, go… | 好吧 他们是民兵组织 快走 走走走走 |
[18:40] | I just don’t understand how this sort of thing can happen. | 我就是不明白 为什么会发生这种事 |
[18:45] | Don’t you look at faces? | 你都不看脸的吗 |
[18:50] | It was a long time ago, it was dark. | 这是很久以前了 天又黑 |
[18:53] | And get off my case because it doesn’t matter anyway. | 别管我的事了 又不是什么大不了事的 |
[18:56] | I got the job! | 我被雇佣了 |
[18:57] | Oh, congratulations, Roz. I’m so proud of you. | 哦 恭喜你Roz 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[18:59] | Now can I tell you how much I’m going to miss you? | 现在我能跟你说 我以后会有多想你吗 |
[19:04] | It is going to be sad to leave the station. | 离开电台让人挺难过的 |
[19:07] | But it’s not like I’m leaving town, Frasier. | 但我又不是要离开西雅图 Frasier |
[19:09] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[19:11] | I’ll see you. | 以后会再见的 |
[19:15] | – See you, Roz. – Bye. | – 再见Roz – 再见 |
[19:21] | Julia Julia Julia Julia! Julia! Julia! | |
[19:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:28] | Listen, you can try to avoid me all you like. | 你想怎么躲我就怎么躲我 |
[19:30] | We are going to talk this thing out. | 但我们还是要把话说开 |
[19:32] | Fine, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:34] | Anything to get you off my back. | 只要你不烦我 怎么都行 |
[19:38] | I was looking at you in the closet, | 当我在衣橱里注视你的时候 |
[19:40] | and thinking how you always try to do the right thing, | 想到你总是去做正确的事 |
[19:43] | and I felt a rush of affection for you. | 突然被你给迷住了 |
[19:48] | Call me cynical, but I’ve come to accept that | 说我玩世不恭也好 但我是遵循 |
[19:51] | most people live by the rule of “Screw or be screwed.” | 大部分人”整人或被整” 的游戏规则 |
[19:54] | But to see you, and how much you care, | 但看到你 看到你关心他人 |
[19:57] | and really mean it, I… well, it’s endearing. | 并且是真的发自肺腑 我 额 你真是讨人喜欢 |
[20:01] | Irritating, but endearing. | 惹人讨厌 却又讨人喜欢 |
[20:04] | Well, you know, I… I am flattered, but… | 哇 我 我真是受宠若惊 |
[20:08] | there are a lot of genuine people out there. | 但还有其他很真诚的人 |
[20:10] | It’s just that for whatever reason | 但他们出于这样或那样的原因 |
[20:12] | fear, anger, hurt they’re afraid to show it… | 恐惧 愤怒 伤心 他们不愿展现出这样的品质 |
[20:22] | Oh, it’s just like the feeling you get | 噢 就是这种感觉 |
[20:24] | when you see a cute teddy bear in the store | 你在商场新买了一个可爱的泰迪熊 |
[20:26] | and you want to hug it until its head pops off! | 你就想紧紧抱住它 一直把它的头挤爆 |
[20:32] | Could I possibly irritate you over dinner some night? | 我能哪天邀你一起晚饭 然后再惹你讨厌吗 |
[20:36] | Well, if anybody could, it’d be you. | 嗯 如果有人可以的话 也只有你能做到了 |
[20:40] | Take your time, work things out. I’m not going anywhere. | 慢慢来 把事情想明白 我反正哪也不去 |
[20:44] | I realize that you’re in a vulnerable place right now, and that… | 我意识到你现在处在一个脆弱的境地 而且 |
[20:48] | Oh, I recognize that one. That was to shut me up. | 哦 我认出这个表情了 这是要我闭嘴 |
[20:51] | Yeah. | 是 |
[20:54] | Maybe Thursday. | 周四吧 |