时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Kenny, this is not amateur hour. | Kenny 这不是闹着玩的节目 |
[00:10] | My show is already suffering enough | 失去Roz已经令我的节目 |
[00:12] | just losing Roz. I will not let you replace her | 损失惨重 我不会让你请个新手 |
[00:14] | – with a complete novice. – Come on! | – 来接替她的工作的 – 别这样嘛 |
[00:16] | Don’t you remember when | 难道你不记得 |
[00:17] | you were a young whippersnapper with nothing | 那个年轻傲慢 一无所有 |
[00:18] | but a pantload of talent and a headful of dreams? | 却身怀绝技 满怀梦想的自己了吗 |
[00:23] | Are we still talking about Noel? | 我们还在说Noel的事吗 |
[00:26] | Five seconds to launch, Dr. Crane. | 5秒后开播 Crane医生 |
[00:30] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[00:34] | Good afternoon, Seattle, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 下午好 西雅图 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:37] | Before we get to our first call, | 在接第一个电话前 |
[00:38] | I’d like to remind you that we are losing our beloved producer, | 我想提醒大家 我们将失去一位敬爱的制作人 |
[00:42] | Roz Doyle, in a couple of weeks to another career opportunity. | Roz Doyle 几周后 她将开始另一段职业生涯 |
[00:45] | That’s KPXY, the Mighty Pixy, | 就在KPXY电台 叫机灵鬼 |
[00:46] | Seattle’s more exciting talk. Whoo-hoo! | 西雅图最令人兴奋的谈话节目 棒棒哒 |
[00:52] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[00:53] | we have with us today Noel Shempsky, | 今天和我们一起做节目的是Noel Shempsky |
[00:56] | a KACL employee | 一位KACL的员工 |
[00:57] | whose sole qualification for this job seems to be | 他适合这份工作的唯一资质大概就是 |
[00:59] | that he has never taken a sick day. | 从来没请过一天病假 |
[01:03] | Good afternoon, listeners, near and stars away. | 晚上好 来自遥远星辰大海的各位听众 |
[01:08] | Our first query comes from a Class M planet we call Earth. | 第一份咨询来自M级行星 人称地球 |
[01:13] | And appears to be personal in nature. | 看起来还挺私密的 |
[01:16] | Oh, and his name is Glen. | 咨询者的名字就叫Glen |
[01:22] | – Go ahead, Glen, I’m listening. – Okay, Noel, that was good, | – 说吧 Glen 我在聆听 – Noel 还不赖 |
[01:26] | but you need to tell Frasier the name of the caller, | 不过你得告诉Frasier来电者的姓名 |
[01:29] | the town they’re calling from, and why they’re calling. | 从哪儿打来的 以及为什么打来 |
[01:31] | Okay. You know, maybe I would learn more | 好的 如果你坐在我身后 |
[01:34] | if you sat down behind me | 引导我的双手 |
[01:36] | and guided my hands, like they did in Ghost. | 就像<人鬼情未了>里那样 也许我能学到更多 |
[01:39] | Ooh! Noel!! | 妈呀 Noel |
[01:43] | Oh, hi Julia! | 你好 Julia |
[01:45] | Do you mind? I’m trying to show Noel what I do. | 能别打扰我们吗 我在给Noel示范我的工作 |
[01:48] | Is that why he’s on his knees? | 所以他才双膝跪地吗 |
[01:53] | Get up. Now let me give you some pointers | 快起来 现在我来给你指点一下 |
[01:55] | on call screening. | 如何筛选打进来的电话 |
[01:57] | Your first priority are your leapers and jumpers. | 你的首要任务是学会跳线 |
[02:01] | Next up, angry people, they’re great energy | 下一个 愤怒的人群 他们是节目的强大活力 |
[02:04] | and a welcome change from our largest group, the sad sacks. | 同时也能改善我们最大的受众群体 悲伤人群 |
[02:07] | The trick of it is, you want to arrange all these calls | 技巧就是 你要巧妙安排这些电话 |
[02:10] | so that each segment is “Can’t miss” Radio. | 以此让每个环节都变得”不容错过” |
[02:13] | But, I thought it was just about Frasier doing good work. | 但我以为节目只要Frasier做得好就行了呢 |
[02:15] | Please! it’s all about ratings! | 才怪 都是为了收听率啊 |
[02:18] | If the station had its way, | 要是电台按照自己的方式来 |
[02:20] | every call would end in an auto-erotic suicide. | 每通来电都要等来电者手淫过度而死才能挂 |
[02:23] | Thank you, Roz, now that Seattle knows | 多谢了 Roz 现在全西雅图人民 |
[02:25] | how we do things around here, perhaps you could | 都知道电台节目的内幕了 或许你该 |
[02:29] | let Noel know to keep his elbow off the mic button. | 告诉Noel让他别用胳膊肘按着话筒键 |
[02:37] | Oh, Roz, do you realize this is the last time | Roz 你知道这是咱们最后一次一起 |
[02:40] | we’ll do paperwork together? | 做文书工作了吗 |
[02:41] | Yeah, it’s really sad. | 哦 真难过啊 |
[02:45] | – What exactly is the new job, Roz? – Program director. | – 新工作到底是做什么的 Roz – 项目负责人 |
[02:49] | Ooh, now that’s a job. Let me give you a little piece of advice. | 真是份好工作 我来给你点建议 |
[02:54] | Less smut and more older-people shows. | 少点淫词秽语 多搞点适合老年人的节目 |
[02:58] | Yeah, I know, Martin, | 我知道 Martin |
[02:58] | but that’s not exactly what they’re going for. | 但是台里的人并不想往这个方向发展 |
[03:00] | Why not? You could have a show about owning dogs, or how about this: | 有什么不好 你可以做个节目 讲养狗的 或者 |
[03:05] | A show where people just call in | 开一档节目 让人打电话进来 |
[03:06] | with jokes they’ve heard. That’d be a riot. | 说说他们听到的笑话 肯定火 |
[03:09] | I think they’re looking for a wider audience | 我觉得他们想面向更大的观众面 |
[03:11] | than just you, Dad. | 而不仅仅面向你一个人 老爸 |
[03:13] | Lots of people would be interested in that sort of thing. | 好多人都对老年人话题感兴趣的 |
[03:15] | Yeah, but the advertisers are looking for the young dollars. | 是啊 但是广告商寻求的是年轻人兜里的钱 |
[03:19] | What’s wrong with my money? | 我兜里的钱怎么了 |
[03:20] | You don’t spend it all on fast food and beer. | 你不可能全花在速食和啤酒上吧 |
[03:22] | Yes, I do! | 我就是这样 |
[03:25] | You know, I’m tired of society | 我已经厌烦了社会 |
[03:26] | blowing me off just because I’m a senior citizen. | 对我的打击 就因为我是个老年人 |
[03:29] | You know, one day we’re going to rise | 总有一天 咱们老年人会崛起 |
[03:31] | and take this country back from you young smart alecks. | 从你们这些自作聪明的年轻人手里把国家夺回来 |
[03:34] | And it won’t be pretty either. | 我们不会手下留情的 |
[03:36] | I could mention the joke idea to my boss. | 我可以跟老板提一提说笑话的想法 |
[03:39] | You just bought yourself a little more time. | 那夺回国家的事就勉强延一延吧 |
[03:44] | Well, here it is, Roz, the final parking requisition form. | 弄好了 Roz 最后一份停车申请书 |
[03:49] | The end of an era. | 一个时代结束了 |
[03:51] | Listen, I know that Kenny is giving you a going-away party, | 听着 我知道Kenny要给你开个送别会 |
[03:55] | but I wanted to have a little celebratory dinner, | 但是 我想单独为你做个小小的庆祝晚餐 |
[03:56] | just the two of us, all right? Any night you’re free. | 就我们俩 好吗 哪天晚上你有空都行 |
[03:59] | Well, Niles and Daphne are watching Alice. How about tonight? | Niles和Daphne正看着Alice 今晚如何 |
[04:02] | Well, actually I’m… I’m meeting Julia later. | 其实我 我一会儿要见Julia |
[04:05] | Why would you want to do that? | 你为什么要见她 |
[04:06] | Well, we’ve sort of…been seeing each other lately. | 我们最近算是在 约会吧 |
[04:12] | You and Julia?! She’s a total bitch. | 你和Julia吗 她根本就是个贱人啊 |
[04:17] | Now, Roz, if you took the time to get to know her, | Roz 如果你愿意花点时间了解她的话 |
[04:19] | you’d see that she’s really not such a bad person. | 就会发现她其实不是那么坏的人 |
[04:22] | Like get to know her naked, you mean. | 你的意思是 了解她裸体的样子吗 |
[04:25] | No. I think she’s been misjudged. | 不是 我是觉得你误解她了 |
[04:29] | Sure, she’s got a lot of walls up, | 确实 她在自己周围砌了很多墙 |
[04:30] | but there must be something good inside | 但是她内心肯定是善良脆弱的 |
[04:32] | if it needs that much protection. | 才会需要自我防护 |
[04:33] | Well, there are walls around prisons, too. | 监狱周围也全是墙啊 |
[04:36] | Yes, Roz, your opinion has been noted. | 是的 Roz 你的观点我记下了 |
[04:39] | There are walls around insane asylums,.. | 疯人院周围也是墙 |
[04:41] | – cholera wards… – Thank you, Roz. | – 还有霍乱病区 – 多谢提醒 Roz |
[04:42] | – nuclear facilities, gator farms! – All right, shut up. | – 核设施 鳄鱼农场 – 够了 别说了 |
[04:49] | Got you! | 抓到你啦 |
[04:51] | Now you chase me! | 该你追我啦 |
[04:54] | Oh, no, I think it’s Daphne’s turn. | 不不 我觉得轮到Daphne了 |
[04:56] | Oh, no, I just had four turns in a row. | 不不 我刚一下子玩了4轮 |
[04:59] | But you know who does want a turn? | 但是你知道谁想来一轮吗 |
[05:01] | The TV! | 电视 |
[05:03] | There you go, your video’s all cued up. | 来吧 你要看的录像都准备好啦 |
[05:09] | Should we really be plopping her in front of the tube? | 我们真的该把她扔在电视机前面吗 |
[05:11] | It’s an educational tape. | 给她放的是教育碟子 |
[05:13] | Did you want to read her more Young for Youngsters? | 你想给她再读点<给年轻的孩子们>吗 |
[05:17] | She doesn’t seem to respond to it. | 她好像不是很喜欢 |
[05:18] | Perhaps that’s a treat we’ll save for our own child. | 也许该等咱们自己有孩子以后再读 |
[05:21] | When will that be? | 那要等到什么时候 |
[05:22] | When are we going to have a child of our own? | 我们什么时候才能有自己的孩子 |
[05:24] | Oh, I don’t know, when we’re ready. | 我也不知道 等我们准备好了 |
[05:26] | Yes, we always say that, but how will | 是啊 我们总是这样说 但是 |
[05:27] | we know when we’re ready? I mean, if it were just me, | 要怎么知道我们是否准备好了呢 就我自己而言 |
[05:30] | – I’m ready right now. – Really? | – 我现在就准备好了 – 真的吗 |
[05:33] | I just don’t feel like we’re quite there yet. | 我只是觉得咱们还没到时候 |
[05:35] | Well, what has to change? | 那要作何改变呢 |
[05:40] | What’s this little brat doing here? | 这小崽子在这儿干嘛 |
[05:42] | Make sure it don’t make any noise. I’m resting. | 别让它发出声音 姑奶奶要歇息了 |
[05:48] | – Maybe it’s me biorhythms. – Daphne… | – 也许是我的生理期 – Daphne |
[05:52] | Might this have something to do with your mother living with us? | 是不是和你妈跟我们住一块儿有关 |
[05:56] | Well, I’ve always thought in the back of | 我脑海里一直在想 |
[05:57] | my head that we’d start a family after she left. | 等她走了我们就能建一个家了 |
[06:00] | But that doesn’t have to stop us from getting pregnant. | 但是 咱们也不用为此停下怀孕的脚步呀 |
[06:03] | And once we are, we’ve got nine months | 一旦你怀上了 我们就有9个月时间 |
[06:04] | – to get her out of the house. – Are you kidding? | – 把她弄出去啦 – 你在逗我吗 |
[06:07] | If she found out there’s | 要是她发现 |
[06:08] | a grandchild on the way, she’d never leave. | 自己要当外婆了 她再也不会走了 |
[06:10] | And I don’t think I could | 我觉得我没法同时承受 |
[06:11] | take Mum and morning sickness at the same time. | 老妈和孕吐的双重打击 |
[06:15] | On the other hand, a grandmother | 另一方面来说 外婆 |
[06:16] | can be a wonderful influence on a child. | 对孩子有很深远的影响 |
[06:20] | Alice…you help Auntie Gert find her cigarettes, | Alice 帮Gert姨婆找到她的烟 |
[06:24] | and you can have one. | 然后就分你一个 |
[06:36] | I think now would be a good time if | 我觉得 要是有人想站起来 |
[06:37] | anyone wants to stand up and say a few words to Roz. | 对Roz说几句话 不妨趁现在 |
[06:41] | I know I’ll miss her, which is why I’m proud to present her with | 我知道我会很想她 所以我要自豪地把 |
[06:45] | this picture of the two of us at the last company picnic. | 上次公司野餐时我俩拍的合照给她 |
[06:50] | Won’t that baby look nice in a frame? Enjoy. | 这宝贝在相框里是不是看起来很可爱 好好收着吧 |
[06:55] | I’m next. | 下一个是我 |
[07:02] | “Sweetest Roz, | “亲爱的Roz |
[07:04] | you are my ship when I’m at sea, | 你是汪洋大海里的一叶扁舟 |
[07:06] | my fairest rose, my fantasy. | 是最美的玫瑰 是我的梦 |
[07:09] | With each sunrise my thanks I send, | 伴随着日出 寄出我的谢意 |
[07:11] | for you, my love, my true best friend.” | 致你 我的挚爱 我最好的朋友” |
[07:16] | Puke! | 呕 |
[07:18] | – That was beautiful, you son of a b. – Okay, everyb… | – 明明写得很美 你个什么娘养的 – 好了 各位 |
[07:21] | Sit down. Sit down, Noel, sit down! | 坐下 坐下 Noel 给我坐下 |
[07:24] | Okay, everybody, Bulldog to the rescue. Now,.. | 好了 各位 Bulldog来拯救世界了 |
[07:28] | I don’t want to say Roz has had a lot of sex, | 我不想说Roz和好多人都发生过关系 |
[07:30] | but she’s spent more time on her back than King Tut. | 但她躺着的时间确实比图坦卡蒙还长 |
[07:37] | Did you hear the story about the guy at KACL | 你们听说过KACL电台里 |
[07:40] | who didn’t have sex with Roz? | 有谁没和Roz发生过关系吗 |
[07:41] | Me neither. | 我反正没听说过 |
[07:44] | But, uh, seriously: what’s | 但是 说正经的 |
[07:45] | the difference between Roz and a dog in heat? | Roz和发情的狗有什么区别 |
[07:49] | No, really, I’m asking. | 别这样 我是真的在提问 |
[07:52] | You people suck! | 你们这群人太不捧场了 |
[07:54] | It’s not a roast, Bulldog. | 这可不是吐槽大会 Bulldog |
[07:57] | It’s not? | 不是吗 |
[07:59] | I paid a guy at the Chuckle Factory | 我花了50块请搞笑工场的人 |
[08:00] | – 50 bucks to write jokes for me. – When’s he getting here? | – 给我写的笑话 – 他什么时候才来 |
[08:04] | Okay, okay, | 好吧好吧 |
[08:06] | you want a speech? Best of luck in your new job, Roz. | 你们想听演讲 祝你新工作顺利 Roz |
[08:09] | If you ever need a sports guy, I’m your man. | 如果你需要做体育节目的人 尽管找我 |
[08:12] | And I wouldn’t have any | 我一点也不介意 |
[08:13] | problem with you being my boss. After all, | 你当我的老板 毕竟 |
[08:16] | I know what it feels like to be underneath you. Am I right? | 我知道在你下面是什么感觉 我说得没错吧 |
[08:21] | Watch what you SAY ABOUT HER!! | 和她说话注意你的言辞 |
[08:24] | Noel! Come on. Walk it off, Noel, walk it off. | Noel 别这样 消消气 Noel 消消气 |
[08:29] | Careful, gents! | 小心点 先生们 |
[08:31] | Really, the way you two are always carrying on, | 说真的 你俩每次都这种展开 |
[08:33] | people are going to start talking. | 别人会说闲话的 |
[08:36] | Hello, all. | 大家好 |
[08:38] | Gil Chesterton here, with a toast to Roz Doyle. | Gil Chesterton在此 为Roz Doyle献上祝词 |
[08:42] | – Hear, hear. – A wonderful co-worker, and a good friend. | – 请说请说 – 一位优秀的同事 一个好朋友 |
[08:46] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 |
[08:48] | Of course, I too noticed Roz’s sex appeal immediately. | 当然 我也瞬间意识到了Roz的性饥渴 |
[08:52] | She had the same effect on all of us stallions | 她对我们这些KACL畜栏里的种马 |
[08:54] | in the KACL corral. | 产生了相同的效应 |
[08:58] | She made us want to paw the ground | 她让我们心急如焚 拼命刨地 |
[09:00] | and rise up on our powerful haunches, | 又气势汹汹地站起 |
[09:04] | fetlocks glistening. | 前蹄的丛毛闪闪发亮 |
[09:06] | Smokey, Misty, Storm! Away! | 烟尘 大雾 风暴 都滚吧 |
[09:15] | Okay, bar’s closed. | 好了 都少喝点 |
[09:18] | Gil Gil? | |
[09:20] | Uh, Julia, your turn. | Julia 轮到你了 |
[09:25] | Oh! Uh, well, I’ve only known Roz a short time, but I can see | 我才认识Roz没多久 但也可以看出 |
[09:28] | that she’s a valuable member of this team. | Roz是这个团队里的重要一员 |
[09:31] | And I’m sure you’ll be missed. Good luck! | 我们会想念你的 祝好运 |
[09:35] | Well said, well said. | 说得好说得好 |
[09:40] | Roz… I celebrate your new adventure with you, | Roz 祝贺你开始新的冒险 |
[09:45] | but I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t say that | 但是 如果我说你的离开 于我不是巨大损失 |
[09:46] | this is a big loss for me. | 那就是假话了 |
[09:49] | You were there on my first day at KACL, | 我第一天来KACL你就在那儿 |
[09:53] | – and you took me under your wing. – It’s crowded under there. | – 还把我拉入你的麾下 – 底下人很多哦 |
[09:58] | I will kill you! | 我 要 杀 了 你 |
[10:08] | I don’t think I’ll ever grow | 我觉得我永远也不会习惯 |
[10:09] | accustomed to seeing somebody else in your booth. | 在你的小隔间里看到别人的身影 |
[10:11] | And certainly no one else can ever take your place | 当然 永远也不会有人能取代 |
[10:13] | in our hearts. | 你在我们心目中的地位 |
[10:16] | And while we welcome new friends… | 在欢迎新朋友的同时 |
[10:22] | …we are sad to say good-bye to old ones. | 和老朋友告别令人悲伤 |
[10:26] | Good luck, Roz. | 祝你好运 Roz |
[10:28] | Hear, hear! Speech! Come on, Roz, speech! | 来吧来吧 说几句 快点 Roz 说几句 |
[10:36] | Thanks you guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[10:39] | I just love you all for doing this for me. | 你们为我做了这么多 我真的很爱大家 |
[10:43] | We really are like a family, aren’t we? | 我们真的很像一个大家庭 对吧 |
[10:47] | You know, this job at KPXY is a really great, great opportunity. | KPXY的这份工作真的是个非常非常棒的机会 |
[10:52] | But it’ll never be like this. | 但是它再好也不会像这里的工作 |
[10:55] | Which is why I’m changing my mind. I can’t leave KACL. | 所以我改主意了 我离不了KACL |
[10:59] | – I’m staying! – Really?! | – 我要留下来 – 真的吗 |
[11:14] | Thank you very much. Oh, Mrs. Moon, | 非常感谢您 噢 Moon夫人 |
[11:16] | we’d like to get two double lattes to go, please. | 请给我们两杯特浓拿铁 带走 |
[11:19] | For an extra dollar, I can add a nip of brandy. | 加一块钱 我可以给你加一点白兰地 |
[11:24] | – Is that on the menu? – It’s on the secret menu. | – 菜单上有吗 – 秘密菜单上有 |
[11:29] | I’ll pass, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[11:33] | You know, Frasier, I feel so invigorated to get back to my old job. | Frasier 找回以前的工作 我真是精神焕发 |
[11:36] | – Oh, Roz… – In fact, I’d really | – Roz – 其实今晚如果你有空的话 |
[11:37] | like to record some promos tonight if you’re available. | 我真的很想录些宣传片 |
[11:39] | Oh, I can’t. I’m taking Julia to the movies. | 今晚不行啊 我要带Julia去看电影 |
[11:42] | One of my favorites, Noch Einen Stuhl. | 我最喜欢的电影之一 <还有一把椅子> |
[11:45] | – Noch Einen Stuhl? – Yes, | – <还有一把椅子> – 是的 |
[11:46] | it’s the story of a 19th-century Austrian family | 从一把火炉边的旧椅子的角度来讲述 |
[11:49] | as told from the point of view of an old fireside armchair. | 一个19世纪的澳大利亚家庭的故事 |
[11:55] | I’m sorry, I dozed off, what were you saying? | 不好意思 我走神儿了 你刚刚说什么 |
[11:58] | You know what, I’ve got to get an alternative newspaper | 我要去找一份本地信息报 |
[12:00] | to check show times. I’ll be right back. | 查一下上映时间表 马上回来 |
[12:03] | Here we are. | 做好了 |
[12:08] | – Your phone’s ringing. – Oh, it’s not mine, it’s Frasier’s. | – 你手机响了 – 不是我的 是Frasier的 |
[12:13] | – Ooh! It’s Julia. – Who’s that? | – 啧 是Julia – 那是谁 |
[12:16] | This witch who’s trying to get her hooks into Frasier. | 是个巫婆 想钓Frasier |
[12:18] | I hate her. | 我恨死她了 |
[12:21] | – I’ll fix her. – Wh-what are you doing? | – 我来搞定 – 你 你要做什么 |
[12:24] | Hello. | 喂 |
[12:27] | Oh, I’m sorry, Frasier’s in no position to talk, | 不好意思哦 Frasier没空接电话 |
[12:29] | if you, uh, get my meaning. | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[12:33] | Who’s this, then? Hold on. | 你是谁 等下 |
[12:37] | Sweetheart? Do you want to talk to a Julia? | 亲爱的 你想和个叫Julia的说几句吗 |
[12:42] | Oh! Frasier, put me down! | 哎呀 Frasier 把人家放下来啦 |
[12:47] | Sorry, he’s not here after all. Bye, now. | 不好意思哦 他现在不在 拜拜 |
[12:51] | There. Problem solved. | 搞定 问题解决 |
[12:53] | You know, you probably ruined their entire evening. | 你很有可能把他们一整晚都毁了 |
[12:56] | How can I thank you? | 我要怎么谢你呢 |
[12:58] | Only one showing of Noch Einen Stuhl tonight. | 今晚只有一场<还有一把椅子>了 |
[13:00] | Got to go by the box office and pick up the tickets. | 我得赶紧去电影院买票 |
[13:03] | Yes, I bet they’re going fast. | 是哦 肯定卖得很快 |
[13:06] | – Hello! – Oh, sorry! Wish we could join you guys. | – 你们好 – 抱歉 不能坐下来聊了 |
[13:07] | I’m going to get tickets for Noch Einen Stuhl! | 我要去买<还有一把椅子>的电影票 |
[13:10] | Cutting it a little close, aren’t you? | 现在才去有点晚了吧 |
[13:14] | Hey, Mum! When you finish your shift, | 妈 等你下班 |
[13:16] | – we’ll drive you home. – Really? | – 我们开车送你回家 – 真的吗 |
[13:19] | Are you sure it wouldn’t give you more pleasure | 你不是应该更乐意 |
[13:21] | to see me walk home on my bloody stumps? | 看着我拖着血淋林的残肢回家吗 |
[13:24] | Well, it would, but we’re in a hurry. | 没错啦 但是我们很急 |
[13:27] | We’ll, uh, we’ll be here when you’re ready. | 等你好了 我们就在这儿 |
[13:31] | Oh, Niles… Just think, one day we’ll have one of those. | Niles 你想想 有一天我们也会有个孩子 |
[13:35] | Yes, just one awkward chore to get out of the way. | 是啊 只要解决一件麻烦事就行了 |
[13:40] | Well, that’s romantic. | 你浪漫得挺含蓄啊 |
[13:41] | I… I meant asking your mother to move out. | 我是说请你妈搬出去 |
[13:45] | – We’re not asking her, Niles, we’re telling her! – I know, I know. | – 不是请她 Niles 是要求她 – 我知道我知道 |
[13:47] | You have to be firm. This is a woman | 你得强硬 这可是个 |
[13:49] | who came for a week and stayed for a year and a half. | 本来只来一周 却已经待了一年半的女人 |
[13:51] | Yes, I know, I just think that… | 是是 我知道 我只是觉得 |
[13:52] | It’s not like she’s got no place to go. | 她又不是没地方去 |
[13:53] | – She’s got 7 other children! – I know. | – 她另外还有7个孩子呢 – 我知道 |
[13:55] | Plus a home and friends in England. | 在英国还有房子和朋友 |
[13:57] | Many friends, yes, I just, I… | 很多朋友 我只是 |
[14:00] | I just don’t know how to break it to her. | 我只是不知道要怎么和她开口 |
[14:02] | Well, the sooner we do, | 我们越快请她出去 |
[14:03] | – the sooner we can start our own family. – You’re right. | – 就能越快建立自己的家庭 – 你说得对 |
[14:07] | Do you realize, this time next year | 你有没有想到 明年此时 |
[14:10] | we could be sitting here with our own baby? | 我们坐在这儿 就有我们自己的宝宝了 |
[14:13] | Baby? What’s this, then? | 宝宝 怎么回事 |
[14:17] | We’ll talk about it later. | 我们回头再说 |
[14:18] | I want to talk about it now. What’s going on? | 我想现在说 怎么回事 |
[14:21] | Well, I was going to wait until later, | 我本来想等等的 |
[14:23] | but if you really want to know, | 但既然你这么想知道 |
[14:24] | – we… – Wait, wait, Daphne, Daphne. | – 我们 – 等等等 Daphne Daphne |
[14:27] | We’ve decided to start trying to get pregnant. | 我们决定开始尝试怀孕 |
[14:29] | Oh, well, I’m glad you think you can. | 我真高兴你们觉得自己怀得上 |
[14:33] | I was beginning to think there might be | 我本来还以为 |
[14:35] | something wrong with your equipment, Niles. | 你的设备可能有问题呢 Niles |
[14:38] | Oh, were you? Well, here’s more news: | 是吗 那再告诉你一条新闻 |
[14:39] | you’re out of the house, | 你要搬出去了 |
[14:40] | so pack your bags and find another sucker. | 收拾好行李 另找个冤大头吧 |
[14:45] | Excuse me. Can I get some service over here? | 不好意思 这儿能来个人吗 |
[14:47] | Keep your knickers on. | 等会儿就来 |
[14:49] | Don’t move. We’re not done hashing this through. | 别走 问题还没解决 |
[14:56] | Hello! | 你好 |
[14:58] | Hello! | 你好 |
[15:03] | Hello! | 你好 |
[15:07] | Say that again. | 你再说一遍 |
[15:10] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:12] | Now say, “Frasier’s in no position to talk, | 现在说”Frasier没空接电话 |
[15:16] | if you get my meaning.” | 你懂我的意思吧” |
[15:19] | Now, it was all Roz’s idea. | 都是Roz的主意 |
[15:22] | I had no choice. I’m not a well woman. | 我也没办法 我身体不好 |
[15:35] | – Hello, Roz. – Julia. | – 你好啊 Roz – Julia |
[15:37] | I just talked to that waitress over at Nervosa. | 我刚和诺瓦萨咖啡屋的服务员说过话 |
[15:40] | The one that answered Frasier’s phone | 那个接Frasier手机的人 |
[15:41] | She gave you up immediately. | 她立马就把你供出来了 |
[15:44] | Relax. It was just a joke. | 放松啦 开个玩笑而已 |
[15:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:48] | So what’s going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[15:50] | Do you have some sort of problem with me seeing Frasier? | 你是不是很介意我和Frasier约会 |
[15:53] | Well, as long as you’re asking… | 既然你问了 |
[15:55] | I think you’re all wrong for him. | 我觉得你完全不适合他 |
[15:58] | That’s not your call. | 那不是你说了算的 |
[16:00] | I think I know Frasier a little better than you. | 我想我了解Frasier要比你多一点 |
[16:13] | – So? – So… | – 那又如何 – 所以 |
[16:16] | He deserves someone better. Someone who’ll appreciate him. | 他应该找个更好的人 一个欣赏他的人 |
[16:20] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. And Frasier’s a good guy. | – 是吗 – 是的 Frasier是个很好的人 |
[16:23] | He’s smart and sweet and way too good for you. | 很聪明 又很可爱 你根本配不上他 |
[16:26] | Why don’t you just leave? Nobody here likes you anyway. | 你怎么不离开这儿 反正这儿也没人喜欢你 |
[16:29] | – Frasier seems to. – Well, he’s an idiot. | – Frasier喜欢啊 – 那是他蠢 |
[16:35] | Are you trying to save Frasier from me | 你是想阻止我和Frasier在一起 |
[16:37] | or are you trying to save him for yourself? | 还是其实你自己想留着他 |
[16:39] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[16:41] | Are you in love with him? | 你爱上他了吗 |
[16:42] | – Go to hell, Julia! – That would explain | – 去死吧 Julia – 这样就能解释 |
[16:44] | why you turned down that great job. | 你为什么会拒绝那份绝好的工作了 |
[16:46] | – That is not true. – Then stay out of my way. | – 不是这个原因 – 那就别碍着我 |
[16:50] | – Or what? – Do you want to find out? | – 要不然呢 – 你想知道 |
[16:52] | What, are you going to hit me or something? | 怎样 你能打我还是怎么着 |
[16:53] | Don’t think I won’t. | 别以为我不会打你 |
[16:55] | Well, you’re sure taking your time. | 那你来啊 |
[17:04] | Stay away from him! Got it? | 离他远点 听到没 |
[17:10] | Get out of here! | 都给我滚 |
[17:17] | Well, I guess this is goodbye. | 是时候说再见了 |
[17:19] | Um, I just want you to know, I love you both very much, | 我只是想告诉你们 我很爱你们两个 |
[17:22] | and I’m, you know, looking forward to | 还有嗯 我很期待 |
[17:23] | standing on my own two feet again. | 又得靠自己的生活 |
[17:27] | Uh, thank you for the ticket and the luggage | 谢谢你为我买票 还有行李 |
[17:30] | and the clothes and the spending money. | 衣服 还给我零花钱 |
[17:34] | I’m sorry. This is just so sad. | 对不起 太悲伤了 |
[17:36] | Gertrude, are you sure you’re okay… | Gertrude 你还好吗 |
[17:39] | Good-bye, Mum, have a nice trip. | 再见 老妈 一路顺风 |
[17:40] | Say hello to everyone in Manchester for me. | 代我和曼彻斯特的亲朋好友问好 |
[17:44] | Right, then. | 好的 |
[17:47] | Good-bye, Niles. | 再见 Niles |
[17:51] | I know you’ll be a wonderful father to my grandchild. | 我知道你一定能成为我孙儿的好父亲 |
[17:55] | I hope you’ll find time to send me a picture. | 希望你有时间能寄张照片给我 |
[18:00] | – Can’t we all just talk… – We have your address. | – 要不大家谈谈 – 我们有你的地址 |
[18:06] | – I’m off. – Bye. | – 我走了 – 再见 |
[18:12] | Oh, Daphne, you were wonderful. I don’t know how you did it. | Daphne 你太厉害了 真不知道你是怎么做到的 |
[18:17] | Hold me, Niles. | 抱住我 Niles |
[18:21] | Hang on, hang on. | 等一下 等一下 |
[18:24] | – Gertrude?! – Yes? | – Gertrude – 什么事 |
[18:29] | Come here, come here. | 进来吧 进来吧 |
[18:32] | Would you be willing to stay in Seattle, | 如果你有了自己的公寓 |
[18:33] | if, if say, you had your own apartment? | 你愿意留在西雅图吗 |
[18:36] | – Oh, Niles! – Do you really mean that? | – 喔 Niles – 此话当真吗 |
[18:39] | I mean, I don’t want to intrude. | 我是说 我不想给你添麻烦 |
[18:40] | Well, of course I mean it. | 当然当真啦 |
[18:42] | And-and-and we’d even help with the rent. | 而且 房租方面我们也会给予帮助 |
[18:44] | Define “Help.” | 具体怎么”帮” |
[18:47] | – We’ll talk. – Well, then, it’s settled. | – 后续详谈 – 那好吧 就这么定了 |
[18:49] | I’ll just go tell the taxi I’m not going! | 我去跟出租车打声招呼说我不走了 |
[18:51] | No, no, no. You’re going. | 不不不 你还是要走的 |
[18:53] | Just tell them to take you to the Four Seasons. | 让它送你去四季酒店 |
[18:55] | I’ll go ahead and call and book you a room. | 我马上打电话过去帮你订房间 |
[18:58] | You’ve made me so happy, I think I’m going to cry! | 你让我太开心了 我要高兴哭了 |
[19:04] | Niles, I… I don’t know how to thank you. | Niles 我 我真不知道要怎么谢你 |
[19:14] | I do. | 我知道 |
[19:20] | – Hey, Martin. – Hi, Roz. Come in. | – 嘿 Martin – 你好 Roz 进来吧 |
[19:21] | Is Frasier here? I really need to talk to him. | Frasier在吗 我得和他谈谈 |
[19:23] | No, he went out for dinner. | 不在 他出去吃晚饭了 |
[19:25] | Oh, let me guess: Julia. | 我猜猜 和Julia |
[19:28] | Wow! Not a fan, huh? | 你不待见她吧 |
[19:30] | I can’t stand her actually. | 我真的受不了她 |
[19:31] | Really? Well, I just met her this evening, | 是吗 我今晚才见到她 |
[19:34] | but she seemed nice to me. | 不过她对我好像还不错 |
[19:35] | Well, that’s because she’s got you snowed. | 那是因为她装出来讨好你的 |
[19:38] | She’s a mean, snooty tight-ass | 她是个尖酸刻薄 目中无人的小气鬼 |
[19:39] | who thinks she’s better than everybody else, | 以为别人都比不上自己 |
[19:41] | and Frasier’s making a giant mistake | Frasier犯了个大错 |
[19:42] | and somebody’s got to do something about it. | 得有人做点什么提醒他 |
[19:45] | Well, good luck, when Frasier’s heart takes over, | 祝你好运 Frasier感情用事的时候 |
[19:47] | his brain shuts down. | 他脑子就不转了 |
[19:49] | That’s why we have to do something now, | 我们必须现在就采取行动 |
[19:50] | before this relationship gets any closer. | 以免他俩的关系更近一步 |
[19:54] | Will you help me? | 你愿意帮我吗 |
[19:56] | Well, Roz, if you feel that strongly about it, | Roz 如果你这么坚持的话 |
[19:58] | sure, I’ll back you up. | 当然 我支持你 |
[20:02] | Oh, hi guys! …Hi, Roz! | 大家好 你好 Roz |
[20:04] | – Hello, Roz. Nice to see you. – Julia. | – 你好 Roz 很高兴见到你 – Julia |
[20:07] | Martin, I’ve brought you some cake from the restaurant. | Martin 我从饭店给你带了点蛋糕 |
[20:11] | Restaurant cake? | 饭店做的蛋糕 |
[20:15] | – Steady… – It’s chocolate. | – 稳住 – 还是巧克力的哦 |
[20:17] | Why don’t I cut you a slice and pour you some milk? | 我给你切一块 再倒点牛奶如何 |
[20:22] | New plan. | 计划有变 |
[20:24] | I’ll distract her while you talk to Frasier. | 我分散她的注意力 你和Frasier谈谈 |
[20:29] | What’s going on, Roz? I didn’t expect to see you tonight. | 怎么了 Roz 没想到今晚会见到你 |
[20:31] | Well, um, I have something really important | 我有很重要的事 |
[20:33] | to talk to you about, and I really need you to listen to me. | 要和你说 你一定要听我说 |
[20:36] | Well, absolutely, that’s what I do. | 当然啦 我就是干这行的 |
[20:39] | I really, really, really think you should stop seeing Julia. | 我真的真的真的觉得你不该再和Julia约会了 |
[20:44] | Look, I know you two have your difficulties. | 我知道你俩有过结 |
[20:47] | No! It’s not that. She’s all wrong for you. | 不是这个原因 她一点都不适合你 |
[20:52] | I think I see what’s going on here. | 我想我知道怎么回事了 |
[20:54] | You and I have a close relationship. | 你和我的关系很亲密 |
[20:56] | A new woman comes to the radio station. | 电台新来了个女的 |
[20:57] | She and I form a close relationship, | 她和我建立了亲密的关系 |
[20:59] | – and you feel threatened. – No. She’s evil. | – 你就觉得受到了威胁 – 不是的 她是个恶魔 |
[21:05] | It’s not your fault. You can’t see it | 不是你的错 你看不出来 |
[21:07] | because she puts on an act around you. | 是因为她在你面前装模作样 |
[21:09] | Did it ever occur to you that | 你有没有想过 |
[21:10] | maybe she’s putting on an act for everybody else, | 也许她在其他人面前装模作样 |
[21:12] | and that maybe I see her as she really is? | 而或许我看到的才是她的真面目呢 |
[21:13] | Oh, she’s got you totally brainwashed. | 噢 她彻底给你洗脑了 |
[21:16] | Roz, you have no right to come over here and run her down to me. | Roz 你没有权力来这里和我说她的坏话 |
[21:19] | It’s really none of your business. | 这真的和你一点关系也没有 |
[21:20] | – This is my business! – And why? | – 就是和我有关 – 什么原因 |
[21:22] | Because…we’re friends. | 因为 我们是朋友啊 |
[21:27] | I can’t believe you’re turning on me like this! | 我真不敢相信你竟敢这样反驳我 |
[21:30] | I gave up a job that was ten times better to stay on your show! | 为了留在你的节目 我放弃了比现在好十倍的工作 |
[21:33] | Yes, and frankly, I don’t understand that! | 是的 老实说 我完全不明白你为什么这样 |
[21:35] | Why exactly did you turn down that job? | 你到底为什么拒绝那份工作 |
[21:37] | – Out of loyalty to you! – Loyalty to me? | – 为了我对你的忠诚啊 – 对我的忠诚 |
[21:40] | Are you sure? Are you sure it wasn’t just fear? | 你确定吗 你确定不是因为你胆怯了吗 |
[21:41] | Are you sure you’re not just using me | 你确定你不是在利用我 |
[21:42] | as an excuse not to grow and move on? | 作为自己拒绝成长和前进的借口吗 |
[21:45] | Who wants restaurant cake? | 谁想吃点饭店做的蛋糕 |
[21:49] | You’re going to have to choose, Frasier. | 你必须做出抉择 Frasier |
[21:52] | You will not put me in this position, Roz. | 你不能让我置于这种境地 Roz |
[21:54] | We will discuss it later! | 我们之后再说 |
[21:55] | No! Tell me! It’s her or me! | 不好 告诉我 是选她还是选我 |
[22:00] | Tell me now, or I swear to God | 现在就说 否则我向上帝发誓 |
[22:01] | I will walk out of here and I will not come back! | 我从这里走出去 再也不会回来 |
[22:10] | Thank you, Julia, I think I will have some cake. | 谢谢你 Julia 我要吃点蛋糕 |
[22:19] | Fine. | 很好 |
[22:31] | And this will be your office, Ms. Doyle. | 这里就是你的办公室了 Doyle女士 |
[22:34] | – Make yourself at home. – Thank you, Mr. Wiswell. | – 就当在自己家一样吧 – 谢谢你 Wiswell先生 |
[22:38] | Uh, there’s no chance you’ll change your mind again, is there? | 你不会再改主意了 是吧 |
[22:40] | – No. KACL is ancient history. – Good. | – 不会 KACL是过去式了 – 不错 |