时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | It’s official. | 是真的 |
[00:09] | Dr. Lee says we’re pregnant. | Lee医生已经证实我怀孕了 |
[00:12] | Oh, I’m so excited. | 我太激动了 |
[00:15] | Hello in there. | 小家伙 你好啊 |
[00:18] | – It’s your pater. – Oh, stop it. | – 我是你爹地 – 别闹了 |
[00:22] | So, how do you want to make the announcement? | 所以 你想怎么和大家宣布 |
[00:25] | – Well, Frasier’s on his way over. We could… – No. | – Frasier正在来的路上 我们可以 – 不行 |
[00:29] | He’s a blabber mouth. | 他是个大嘴巴 |
[00:30] | Let’s have him and your dad over for dinner tonight | 我们安排他和你爸今晚一起到我们那吃饭 |
[00:32] | and we can tell them at the same time. | 然后在饭桌上告诉他们 |
[00:34] | If you already had a plan,why did you ask me | 既然你已经计划好了 |
[00:36] | how I wanted to do it? | 为什么还要问我 |
[00:37] | Well, because if you’d have had the same idea, | 因为要是我们想法一致的话 |
[00:39] | then I could have agreed with it, | 我只需要赞同你就行了 |
[00:40] | which would have given you the illusion of control. | 那样会让你有掌控大权的错觉 |
[00:44] | The waiting room had Cosmo. | 医院等候室里有<大都会>杂志 |
[00:46] | Oh. All right. | 怪不得 好吧 |
[00:50] | I have just the quotation for the beginning of the announcement. | 我想到一个绝妙的引句来做开场 |
[00:52] | It’s from Robert Burns. | 是Robert Burns的诗 |
[00:54] | “Beneath the shelter of an aged tree, | “在一棵老树的绿荫之下 |
[00:56] | th’ expectant wee-things, toddlin’, stacher through | 这令人期盼的小东西 蹒跚学步 一摇一晃 |
[01:01] | to meet their dad, wi’ – filchterin’ noise and glee” | 欲见其之父 众人欢声笑语” |
[01:08] | Moving, eh? | 很感动吧(你要走吗) |
[01:09] | Yes, but not just because of the poem. | 没错 但不只是因为这首诗 |
[01:11] | I’m late for a hair appointment. | 我预约做头发快迟到了 |
[01:15] | – Hi, you two. – Hello. | – 你们好啊 – 你好 |
[01:16] | Hi, Daph. Good to see you. | Daph 见到你真好 |
[01:18] | – Hello, Niles. – Hey. | – 你好 Niles – 你好 |
[01:19] | Uh, my usual, please. | 老样子来一杯 谢谢 |
[01:22] | Well, I’ve ruined another relationship. | 我又亲手毁了一段新恋情 |
[01:24] | I suppose you’ll want to hear the whole sorry tale. | 我想你一定想听完整版的悲伤回忆录 |
[01:25] | – No, thank you. – Last night, Julia came over | – 不想 谢谢 – 昨晚 Julia来我公寓 |
[01:28] | and, as usual, I made a mess of things. | 像往常一样 事情被我搅得一团乱 |
[01:30] | Did you say no? | 你刚是说”不想”吗 |
[01:32] | I said, “No, thank you. “ | 我说的是”不想 谢谢” |
[01:34] | But I wish to unburden myself. | 但我憋着一肚子话想说 |
[01:36] | And I wish to remain in my good mood. | 而我想保持自个儿的好心情 |
[01:40] | Therefore, I demur. | 因此 我反对 |
[01:41] | – You demur? – I demur. | – 你反对 – 我反对 |
[01:44] | Besides, I’m sure I’ve heard it all before. | 再说 你每次都唠叨同样的话 |
[01:46] | But this time was different– I really thought | 但这次不同 我真的觉得 |
[01:48] | she could have been the one. . | 她会是那位真命天女 |
[01:52] | Well. | 算了 |
[01:54] | Silly me. | 是我想多了 |
[01:56] | To think that I could count on my only brother | 还以为能指望我唯一的弟弟 |
[01:58] | for a shoulder on which to lean. | 将他的肩膀借我依靠 |
[02:00] | What you need isn’t a shoulder. | 你需要的不是给你依靠的肩膀 |
[02:02] | It’s a swift boot to break you out of this pattern. | 而是一双快跑鞋 好让你脱离这种模式 |
[02:05] | What pattern? | 什么模式 |
[02:06] | Your pattern of ruining things before they’ve even begun. | 恋爱关系发展之前 你就自我毁灭的模式 |
[02:09] | And when have I done that? | 我何时自我毁灭了 |
[02:10] | Let me see. | 让我想想 |
[02:12] | Fay. Cassandra. Chelsea, Claire, | 像是Fay啊Cassandra啊Chelsea啊Claire啊 |
[02:15] | Lana, Abby, Mia, Marie. | 还有Lana啊Abby啊Mia啊Marie啊 |
[02:17] | Oh, all right. I knew I had a pattern. | 够了 我知道自己是恋爱毁灭专家 |
[02:21] | I just didn’t think you’d remember the names. | 但没想到 你居然记得所有受害者名字 |
[02:24] | The minute you develop feelings for someone | 每次你和某人关系有所进展时 |
[02:26] | you get scared and find some way to sabotage things. | 你就开始恐慌 然后想方设法搞破坏 |
[02:29] | I’d like to strike you, of course, but you speak the truth. | 我真想一锤子敲死你 可你说的是事实 |
[02:33] | I tell you what, I will never find a happy relationship | 说实话 要是不打破这作死的循环 |
[02:35] | un-unless I can break out of this maddening cycle. | 我就真的要孤独终老了 |
[02:38] | Well, all right, all right. | 这样 这样 |
[02:40] | The next time you find yourself doing it again– | 下次你再发现自己搞破坏时 |
[02:42] | fixating, say on some tiny fault of the woman– | 集中注意力 想想那女人的小缺点 |
[02:45] | recognize what that is, you’re feeling vulnerable, | 找出你感到脆弱的原因所在 |
[02:48] | But don’t give in to the fear. | 但别屈服于你内心的恐惧 |
[02:49] | Commit to commitment. | 忠于你心之所向 |
[02:53] | Commit to commitment. | 忠于你心之所向 |
[02:57] | It’s a bit glib, but nonetheless inspiring. | 虽是夸夸其谈 但我心受鼓舞 |
[03:00] | Thank you, Niles. | 谢谢你 Niles |
[03:01] | I’m going to call Julia and I will not take “No” for an answer. | 我要打给Julia 不达目的誓不罢休 |
[03:05] | I may have walked in here | 也许我进这店时 |
[03:06] | the old fault-finding, flaw-fleeing Flasier, | 还是过去那个爱挑刺 总逃避的Flasier |
[03:08] | but I leave a man committed to commitment. | 但走出这店 我将是”忠于我心之所向”的男人 |
[03:14] | You said “Flasier.” | 你刚说”Flasier” |
[03:15] | – I did not. – Yes, you did. | – 我没有 – 你有 |
[03:16] | I most certainly did not. | 我很确定我没说错 |
[03:18] | No, I heard you say “Flasier. “ | 不 我确实听见你说”Flasier” |
[03:19] | I’ve been saying my own name | 我一直说自个儿名字 |
[03:20] | for the last 40-some odd years. | 都说了四十多年了 |
[03:21] | I know, but your tongue… | 我知道 但你刚刚 |
[03:30] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 老爸 |
[03:32] | Before you say anything, | 在你说任何话之前 |
[03:33] | if you know the score to the Mariners game, | 要是你知道水手队比赛的得分 |
[03:35] | don’t tell me– I’m taping it to watch later. | 千万别告诉我 我录下来准备晚点看 |
[03:38] | Dad, the odds of my knowing the score to the Mariners game | 老爸 我知道水手队比赛得分的概率 |
[03:40] | are about the same as you knowing the score to Pacific Overtures. | 就和你知道<太平洋序曲>曲子的概率一样 |
[03:44] | Did, uh, Julia call? | Julia有打电话来吗 |
[03:46] | – No. Sorry. – Oh, damn. | – 抱歉没有 – 该死 |
[03:48] | Well, at least this little delivery will cheer me up. | 至少这小东西能让我开心起来 |
[03:51] | My new Frette hand towels have arrived. | 我新买的芙蕾特毛巾到了 |
[03:55] | Direct from Italy, I give you the spugna con frangia | 意大利直邮 向你呈上带有网眼蕾丝 |
[03:59] | with the tulle lace insert, huh? | 和精致流苏的条纹毛巾 |
[04:02] | Sounds fancy. Am I allowed to dry my hands on them? | 听起来好高大上 我能用它来擦手吗 |
[04:05] | Well, you may miss the luxurious feel of your trouser fronts, | 可是说不定你会想念用裤裆擦手的奢华之感 |
[04:07] | but yes. | 你可以用这毛巾擦手 |
[04:10] | You know, if you’re really down about this Julia thing, | 如果你真的很烦恼Julia的事的话 |
[04:13] | you can come with me and Eddie to the circus. | 你可以跟我和Eddie一起去马戏团 |
[04:15] | We’re really going to the V-E-T, | 其实我们是要去VET(兽医) |
[04:18] | but if I say that, he won’t get in the car. | 但如果我说那词 他打死都不愿意上车 |
[04:21] | Thanks anyway, Dad. | 谢谢你的邀请 老爸 |
[04:22] | I’ll just see you at Nile’s and Daphne’? for dinner, all right? | 我们晚餐到Niles和Daphne那见 好吗 |
[04:26] | Maybe I’ll take in a movie. | 或许我会看场电影 |
[04:27] | Oh, what are you going to go see? | 你准备看什么 |
[04:28] | Well, there’s this new Russian film | 最近影院正上映一部关于 |
[04:30] | in town about a Crimean war vet. | 克里米亚战争老兵(VET)俄国电影 |
[04:32] | No, Eddie! | 别跑 Eddie |
[04:34] | Would it have killed you to say “Crimean War circus”? | 你就不能说”克里米亚战争马戏团”吗 |
[04:37] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. I’m so sorry, Dad. I… | 老天爷 我真的很抱歉 老爸 |
[04:40] | Oh, well… | 算了 |
[04:41] | Julia Julia. | |
[04:43] | You got my message. | 你听到我给你的留言了 |
[04:44] | What message? I actually came because I think | 什么留言 我来这只是因为 |
[04:47] | I dropped an earring here last night. | 昨晚我在这丢了只耳环 |
[04:49] | Oh. I’m… I’m sorry. Please, come in. | 我 我很抱歉 请进吧 |
[04:55] | So, what did it look like? | 那耳环长什么样子 |
[04:57] | Oh, it was just a small diamond stud. | 是个小钻石的耳钉 |
[05:00] | Right. Okay, yeah, you check there. | 好吧 你看看那里有没有 |
[05:02] | So, uh, what was this message? | 所以 你留言都说了什么 |
[05:04] | Um… Oh, I just said that | 我只是说 |
[05:07] | I found you bright and, uh, | 我欣赏你的冰雪聪明 |
[05:11] | beautiful and engaging, and then… | 端庄大方和明艳动人 然后 |
[05:16] | There was a sonnet. | 我即兴作了首十四行诗 |
[05:22] | “Fair love’s ship ne’er sa ilo’er unstorm’d seas. | “爱之舟无不航行于风暴之海 |
[05:26] | The fickle stars, her compass, bright and cruel… “ | 变幻的繁星 她的罗盘 闪亮却又残酷” |
[05:32] | It’s pretty sappy stuff, huh? | 很愚蠢 是不是 |
[05:34] | No, it’s sweet. | 没有 太感人了 |
[05:37] | Especially the end. | 特别是诗的结尾 |
[05:38] | So you did hear it. | 所以你全都听到了 |
[05:40] | Yes, but, Frasier… | 没错 但是 Frasier |
[05:41] | I’m not looking for just some office romance. | 我并不只是想搞搞暧昧 |
[05:43] | I don’t see the point in getting involved | 我希望你我之间的恋爱关系 |
[05:45] | unless it’s heading somewhere. | 能够有真正的进展 |
[05:46] | That’s exactly where I am in my life, too. | 我也是这么想的 |
[05:48] | After you walked out last night, | 昨晚你走了之后 |
[05:50] | I realized how badly | 我才明白自己多么渴望 |
[05:52] | I want to be in a real relationship, how ready I am to… | 发展一段真正的恋爱关系 我真的准备好去 |
[05:56] | well, for want of a better phrase, | 用更贴切的话说 |
[05:58] | to commit to commitment. | 忠于我心之所向 |
[06:02] | You’re not just saying this to get in my pants, are you? | 你这么说不是为了把我骗上床吧 |
[06:05] | No. And if I did… get in your pants, well… | 绝不是 但若是我真的把你骗上床了 |
[06:10] | I’d want to stay there forever. | 我也是想一辈子都和你腻在床上 |
[06:14] | I-I-I said that much more elegantly in the sonnet. | 我在诗里描绘得要高雅得多 |
[06:18] | You know, I just remembered where I may have lost my earring. | 我刚想起来耳环可能丢哪里了 |
[06:21] | – Really? Where? – In your bedroom. | – 是吗 在哪里 – 你的卧室 |
[06:23] | – Do you care to help me look? – In my bed… Well, | – 你能帮我找找吗 – 我的卧室 |
[06:24] | we were never in my bedroom. I don ‘t… | 但我们从没进过我卧室 |
[06:28] | Oh. I see. | 我懂了 |
[06:41] | Let’s hope Frasier’s oven is more reliable than ours. | 希望Frasier的烤箱要比我们家的靠谱些 |
[06:45] | Well, it serves you right for getting such a fancy one. | 活该你买了个中看不中用的 |
[06:47] | Oh, it’s just temperamental. | 我家烤箱只是有点小脾气 |
[06:48] | My Gaggenau is German-engineered. | 我的嘉格纳可是德国监造 |
[06:51] | It probably needs more power | 也许是我家老旧的线路 |
[06:53] | than my building’s old wiring can give it. | 无法供应它所需的电力 |
[06:56] | Yeah, well, leave it to the Germans– | 把责任都推德国人头上 |
[06:57] | even their appliances crave power. | 连他们的电器都渴望权力(电力) |
[07:00] | So, when do you want to make the big announcement? | 所以 你准备什么时候宣布 |
[07:03] | I think a toast before dinner. | 我想在餐前敬酒时 |
[07:05] | Let’s hope Frasier checks his messages after the movie, | 希望Frasier看完电影后听了留言 |
[07:08] | or he’ll be heading over to our place. | 不然他一定跑去我们那了 |
[07:09] | Yes, well, I’m sure he will. | 我确定他会听留言的 |
[07:11] | It’s just as well not to have him here while we’re cooking. | 但少了他 我们反而自在 |
[07:12] | I can’t stand his backseat basting. | 我实在忍受不了他在旁边指手画脚 |
[07:16] | I was just dreaming about us. | 我刚刚梦见我们俩 |
[07:18] | We were in a boat, | 共乘一艘船 |
[07:20] | floating down the Arno River. | 在阿诺河上随波逐流 |
[07:22] | Have you ever been to fair Firenze? | 你去过美丽的佛罗伦萨吗 |
[07:24] | Oh, it’s maybe my favorite city. | 那可能是我最爱的城市了 |
[07:26] | Oh. Mine, too. Oh, I knew we’d be a good couple. | 我也是 我就知道我们兴趣相投 |
[07:29] | Have you ever gone there for Christmas? | 你有在佛罗伦萨过圣诞节吗 |
[07:30] | No. I’ve always wanted to. | 没有 我一直想来着 |
[07:32] | – Me, too. – Well, then, let’s go. | – 我也是 – 那还等什么 我们走吧 |
[07:34] | Do you mean it? | 你说真的吗 |
[07:35] | It sounds perfect. | 听起来棒极了 |
[07:37] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样如何 |
[07:38] | Let’s toast this decision with a glass of Chianti. | 我们喝一杯基安蒂酒庆祝这决定 |
[07:41] | Ooh, that sounds good. | 听起来很棒 |
[07:42] | – Oh, shoot. – What? | – 噢 糟了 – 怎么了 |
[07:44] | I just remembered– I’m supposed to have dinnerat my brother | 我刚想起来今晚我该去我弟弟家 |
[07:46] | and his wife’s house tonight. | 和他们一起晚餐的 |
[07:48] | Uh… I’m just going to call and cancel. | 没事 我打个电话跟他取消 |
[07:54] | – Hello. – Niles, it-it’s Frasier. Listen . . | – 你好 – Niles 我是Frasier 听着 |
[07:57] | I just got out of the movie, and it was so cold in the theater | 我刚看完电影 电影院里太冷了 |
[08:00] | that I-I think I’ve… | 我想我 |
[08:02] | I think I’ve come down with a little something, | 我想我大概是染上什么病了 |
[08:04] | and, uh, I just… I just… | 我 我只是 |
[08:06] | I’m afraid I’m begging out of tonight, all right? | 恐怕我今晚不能去你家了 好吗 |
[08:08] | Oh, I hardly think a little dinner will make you worse. | 我想一顿小小的晚餐不会加重你病情 |
[08:10] | And besides, we’ve had a change of plans. | 再说 我们晚餐换地点了 |
[08:12] | Niles, for God sakes, I just want to go home and get into bed. | Niles 天啊 我只想回家上床休息 |
[08:15] | But Daphne and I have put a lot of effort | 但是Daphne和我费心费力 |
[08:18] | into making a very nice dinner. | 准备了丰盛晚餐 |
[08:19] | I can’t help it if I’m sick. | 我作为病号也爱莫能助 |
[08:21] | What if I catch pneumonia? | 要是我染上急性肺炎了怎么办 |
[08:33] | If that’s what you wear to the movies, it’s your own damn fault. | 若你穿这样去看电影 染上肺炎也是活该 |
[08:38] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你他妈的在这干什么 |
[08:40] | My oven’s on the fritz. We left you a message hours ago. | 我的烤箱坏了 我们几小时前给你留言了 |
[08:42] | Oh, I’m sorry, Niles. Um, | 我很抱歉 Niles |
[08:44] | you remember Julia, of course. | 你还记得Julia吧 |
[08:48] | Well, if he didn’t before, he certainly will now. | 不用多说 他现在肯定记得了 |
[08:50] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[08:52] | You lied to me. | 你对我说谎 |
[08:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[08:55] | Would you have rather I told you that I was in flagrante delicto? | 我是不是该说 我正被人当场捉奸更合适 |
[08:57] | No, no. But you’re still not excused from dinner. | 不 但你还是得和我们一起吃晚餐 |
[09:00] | Julia and I will delighted to attend. | Julia和我很乐意加入 |
[09:02] | We weren’t planning on including Julia. | 但我们没打算邀请Julia |
[09:04] | Well, what do you want me to do, give her 50 bucks and tell her to beat it? | 那你要我怎么办 给她50块然后让她走人吗 |
[09:09] | Ten years? I… | 十年了 |
[09:10] | If I still needed a cane after that long, | 如果我治疗这么多年还拄拐杖 |
[09:12] | I’d dump my physical therapist | 我肯定炒了我的理疗师 |
[09:14] | and find one who knows what they’re doing. | 再找个更敬业的人来 |
[09:16] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[09:19] | Well, actually, this is her. She’s also my daughter-in-law. | 事实上 她就是我的理疗师 还是我的儿媳 |
[09:22] | Daphne, this is Julia. | Daphne 这是Julia |
[09:24] | Sorry about that. I… | 我真是抱歉 |
[09:26] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[09:27] | And just so you know, | 顺便说一句 |
[09:28] | He wouldn’t need the cane so much if he’d stretch more. | 要是他肯多做伸展 就不会老杵着拐杖了 |
[09:30] | I would have thought that part of your job | 我还以为你工作的一部分就是 |
[09:31] | was making sure he stretched. | 保证他每天做伸展 |
[09:33] | Yes, but… | 没错 可是 |
[09:34] | I can’t be here day and night. | 我不可能每时每刻都盯着他 |
[09:37] | I’m sorry. For some reason I thought you lived here. | 抱歉 我还以为你住在这里 |
[09:39] | Well, I don’t. | 姐不住这 |
[09:44] | How about some Mozart to makes things festive, hmm? | 我们听点莫扎特的曲子 增添点节日气氛如何 |
[09:50] | Well, I’m not sure I’d call that festive. | 我不认为那能增添节日气氛 |
[09:53] | Well, then, you’d be wrong, | 那你就错了 |
[09:55] | as it is from the Salzburg Music Festival. | 这曲子是萨尔兹堡音乐节放的 |
[09:59] | How about something a little more contemporary? | 能不能放现代点的音乐 |
[10:00] | Well, all right. I believe I have… | 好吧 我想我有 |
[10:01] | Oh, Michael Nyman’s The Contemporary Trumpet. | 迈克尔·尼曼的<现代小号曲> |
[10:04] | What are you, a hundred? | 你是有100高龄了吗 |
[10:07] | All right. Nothing then, my little wasp. | 算了 还是不放了 我的小黄蜂 |
[10:11] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 谢谢你 Niles |
[10:12] | – Thank you very much. – There you go. | – 非常感谢 – 请用 |
[10:14] | Oh, perfect. Thank you. | 好棒 谢谢你 |
[10:17] | Oh, uh… | 哦 呃 |
[10:18] | Here you go. There you are. | 你也请享用吧 |
[10:20] | – She took my… – Just take it. | – 她拿了我的 – 就拿这吧 |
[10:21] | I don’t care. Just take it. | 我不在乎 你将就一下吧 |
[10:24] | She, uh… | 这位女士 |
[10:26] | shoots from the hip, this one. | 为人比较直言快语 |
[10:28] | Yes. You should hear what she says about my show. | 你们该听听她如何评价我的节目 |
[10:31] | Oh, I just have to remind Mr. Pompous here | 我只是善意提醒”自大”先生 |
[10:34] | – that what we do on the radio is entertainment. – Well… | – 广播节目都是为了娱乐大众 – 好吧 |
[10:36] | Yes, Frasierand I have had many a chat about | 没错 Frasier和我不止一次地争论过 |
[10:38] | the difference between what he does and genuine psychiatry. | 他节目与真正精神病学的区别 |
[10:40] | Yeah, big difference. | 是啊 区别大了 |
[10:42] | I mean, at least his advice is free, | 我是说 至少他给建议不收费 |
[10:43] | not like those quacks who charge people 200 bucks an hour | 不像那些庸医每小时坑人200块钱 |
[10:46] | to whine about their childhoods. I mean, what a racket that is. | 就只会抱怨他们的童年 真是有够不要脸 |
[10:54] | Frasier, may I see you in the kitchen? | Frasier 你能来厨房一下吗 |
[11:01] | Frasier. What are you doing in the kitchen? | Frasier 你来厨房做什么 |
[11:04] | You just asked to see me. | 是你叫我来的 |
[11:05] | Ah. So you haven’t gone deaf. | 啊 所以你耳朵没聋 |
[11:09] | Why would I have gone deaf? | 你为什么觉得我聋了 |
[11:10] | Because that’s the only good reason you sat there | 因为你只有聋了才会坐在那 |
[11:12] | silently while our profession was assaulted | 听到我们的事业像拖拉机比赛上的 |
[11:15] | like a drag queen at a tractor pull. | 变装皇后一样被侮辱 还无动于衷 |
[11:18] | Niles, don’t be so sensitive. | Niles 别小题大做 |
[11:20] | That is one of the qualities I admire most about Julia | 那正是Julia令我欣赏的品质之一 |
[11:23] | – her bracing frankness. Now, listen, listen. – What? | – 她的坦诚率直 听着 – 什么 |
[11:25] | It is partially because of your advice | 我之所以如此忠于她 |
[11:27] | that I have chosen to commit myself to this woman, | 有一部分是因为你的建议 |
[11:29] | so please, at least give her a chance. | 所以请你至少给她个机会 |
[11:32] | You’re right. If you’re happy, I’m happy. | 你说的对 你高兴 那么我也高兴 |
[11:35] | Ah, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:36] | – Help me serve. – Right. Right. Okay. | – 帮我上菜吧 – 好 好 没问题 |
[11:39] | Dinner is served, everyone. If you’d come and take a seat. | 晚餐准备好了 各位请上座 |
[11:43] | Here we are. Daph, why don’t you sit here | 来吧 Daph 你坐这里 |
[11:46] | Julia, have a seat there, and I’ll sit right next to you | Julia 你坐这 我坐你旁边 |
[11:49] | Thanks, Dad. And before we begin, | 谢谢 老爸 在晚餐开始前 |
[11:53] | I would like to share some words of Robert Burns | 我想和大家分享一首Robert Burns的诗 |
[11:56] | which have recently become quite meaningful to me. | 最近这首诗令我深受感触 |
[11:59] | “Beneath the shelter of an aged tree… “ | “在一棵老树的绿荫之下” |
[12:02] | Whoops. That’s me. | 哦 是我的电话 |
[12:03] | Hello? | 你好 |
[12:05] | Hey. What’s up? | 嘿 怎么了 |
[12:07] | No, no, I can talk. | 不 没事 我方便说话 |
[12:10] | Well, what kind of crap is that? Nail their asses to the wall. | 都是什么烂事啊 把他们屁股钉墙上去 |
[12:13] | Is that chicken? | 那是鸡肉吗 |
[12:15] | No, partridge. | 不 是鹧鸪 |
[12:16] | Yes, in a champagne and orange sauce. | 淋上了香槟和橙汁做的酱料 |
[12:17] | ‘Cause he’s a pissy little bitch, that’s why. | 因为他是个讨人厌的小婊砸 |
[12:20] | I’m sorry. I don’t eat birds, They live in their own feces. | 抱歉 我不吃鸟类 它们活在自个儿粪便里 |
[12:23] | More for me. | 归我了 |
[12:26] | I’ll just get some cereal. | 我吃点麦片就行了 |
[12:28] | Well, let him sue. | 那就让他告去 |
[12:30] | I’m starting to think you’ve got | 我开始怀疑你西装底下 |
[12:31] | a little pair of panties on under that suit. | 是不是穿女式内裤了 |
[12:34] | You know, she really does work too hard. | 话说 她确实工作太辛苦了 |
[12:38] | Back to what I was saying. | 继续我刚才吟的诗 |
[12:39] | “Beneath the shelter of an aged tree… “ | “在一棵老树的绿荫之下” |
[12:41] | Okay, | 打扰下 |
[12:42] | I give up– where do you keep your cereal? | 我放弃了 你把麦片放哪里了 |
[12:45] | Please, Julia, sit. | 你请坐吧 Julia |
[12:46] | – We’ll find you something. – Oh, are you sure? | – 我来给你找麦片 – 你确定吗 |
[12:48] | – “Beneath the shelter of an aged…” – Niles. | – “在一棵老树的绿荫之下” – Niles |
[12:55] | Let’s not do this tonight– not with her here. | 今晚别宣布了 我不想她在这 |
[12:57] | I want it to be perfect. | 我希望一切完美 |
[12:58] | You’re right. We’ll just… We’ll just pick a better moment. | 你说的对 我们另选个时间 |
[13:00] | – I’ll still be pregnant tomorrow. – Exactly. | – 反正肚里的孩子也跑不掉 – 没错 |
[13:03] | Well, congratulations, Niles. | 真是恭喜 Niles |
[13:06] | Frasier didn’t tell me that Daphne was pregnant. | Frasier都没告诉我Daphne怀孕了 |
[13:08] | What? She is? | 你说什么 她怀孕了 |
[13:11] | Oh, no, don’t tell me she’s just paunchy. | 千万别告诉我她只是虚胖 |
[13:15] | She’s not paunchy. She’s pregnant! | 她才不是虚胖 她是怀孕了 |
[13:17] | Niles Niles! | |
[13:22] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[13:24] | I’m sorry. It’s my fault. | 对不起 都是我的错 |
[13:26] | I heard you in the kitchen. | 我在厨房听到你们谈话 |
[13:27] | I didn’t realize it was a big deal. | 我以为大家都知道的 |
[13:29] | Well, what does it matter how we came to know | 我们以何种方式得知这天大的喜讯 |
[13:31] | this glorious news? | 又有什么重要呢 |
[13:32] | Niles! It’s just wonderful! | Niles 真是太棒了 |
[13:34] | Two words “C-section.” | 三字金言”剖腹产” |
[13:36] | My sister’s about your size, | 我姐姐身材和你差不多 |
[13:37] | and when she had her kid, it blew out the whole region. | 当她生小孩时 胖得能挤爆整个区 |
[13:48] | Can I have cereal, too? | 我也改吃麦片吧 |
[13:54] | So, the more pregnant she gets, | 所以 她怀孕的时间越长 |
[13:56] | the more the husband hits on me. | 她老公就越是不停地骚扰我 |
[13:58] | And by the way, she was a model. | 顺便一说 她是个模特 |
[14:01] | Whoops. That’s me. | 哦 是我的电话 |
[14:03] | Hello? Hey, how you doing? | 你好 你最近如何 |
[14:06] | No, I’m just… meeting my boyfriend’s family. | 没事 我只是在见我男友家人 |
[14:18] | Isn’t this fun? | 很有趣对吧 |
[14:21] | I’m having a good time. | 我聊得很开心 |
[14:23] | It’s fun, isn’t it? | 你们也很开心对吧 |
[14:26] | She certainly takes a lot of calls at dinnertime. | 她在晚餐时接了好几个电话 |
[14:29] | You know, that’s exactly the kind of… flaw | 正是这种小缺点 |
[14:31] | that the old Frasier would have… | 过去的Frasier会紧咬不放 |
[14:33] | seized upon as pretext to end the relationship, | 作为终止恋爱关系的借口 |
[14:35] | but I-I know now that… that impulse to run is-is | 但现在我明白了 那种想逃避的冲动 |
[14:38] | really an indication that my feelings for her | 其实是我对她的感情 |
[14:40] | are just deepening, and, um… | 逐渐加深的表现 |
[14:45] | Gone are the days | 要是在过去 |
[14:47] | when I would have said something like… | 我铁定会说 |
[14:50] | “How rude.” | “真没礼貌” |
[14:55] | Or “She’s horrible. I’ve made a ghastly, ghastly mistake. “ | 或是”她真讨人厌 我犯了个可怕至极的错误” |
[15:03] | Hey, Marty, you’re a Mariners fan. | Marty 你是水手队的球迷对吧 |
[15:05] | They won in the tenth on a grand slam. | 他们在第十届大满贯比赛获胜了 |
[15:12] | Who’s ready to play that game of Pictionary we talked about? | 有谁想玩看图猜词的游戏 |
[15:15] | I know I am. Let me… just get that. | 我想玩 我去拿东西 |
[15:18] | Dad, I’ll tell you what. I know how much you like to keep time, | 老爸 我知道你特喜欢计时 |
[15:21] | so you’ll be the timer, and then, it’ll be me and Julia | 所以你当计时员 然后由我和Julia |
[15:25] | versus Niles and Daphne. How about that? | 对阵Niles和Daphne 你们意下如何 |
[15:27] | Oh, that sounds good to me. | 我没意见 |
[15:29] | Daphne, what do you say you draw first? | Daphne 你先起个头吧 |
[15:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:33] | Mm-hmm. All right. | 嗯哼 好了 |
[15:37] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天呐 |
[15:39] | Okay. | 来了 |
[15:40] | Ready, set… go. | 各就各位 预备 开始 |
[15:47] | The Ring of the Nibelungen. | <尼伯龙根的指环> |
[15:49] | – Right! – Damn! | – 答对了 – 该死 |
[15:51] | Wow! Well… congratulations, you two. | 哇哦 恭喜 你俩真有默契 |
[15:56] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[15:57] | All right, enough of that. Get your head in the game. | 换你上了 给我认真点玩 |
[15:59] | We’re starting from behind. | 我们已经落后了 |
[16:00] | Right, right. Okay, here we go. | 好的 好的 我来抓一个 |
[16:02] | Now… | 我看看 |
[16:04] | Yeah. | 好嘞 |
[16:05] | All right. | 没问题 |
[16:07] | Okay, Dad. | 可以了 老爹 |
[16:09] | Go. | 计时开始 |
[16:11] | A ball, a balloon. | 球 气球 |
[16:12] | Oh, an apple! | 苹果 |
[16:13] | A ball. The circle, uh, the circle of life. | 球 循环 生命的循环 |
[16:17] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我猜不出来 |
[16:19] | Yeah, I’m looking at it. | 是啊 我正看着呢 |
[16:21] | Maybe if you point at it harder, I’ll get it | 说不定你再戳大力点 我就懂了 |
[16:23] | Give me something to work with, dummy. | 多给我点线索啊 傻蛋 |
[16:25] | Oh, a hat! | 是帽子 |
[16:26] | Oh, the Cat in the Hat! | <戴帽子的猫> |
[16:28] | Uh, Abraham Lincoln! | 亚伯拉罕·林肯 |
[16:29] | Time. | 时间到 |
[16:30] | Oh, From Here to Eternity! | 绝对是<乱世忠魂> |
[16:31] | I got that in! | 我猜对了 |
[16:35] | No, that’s, that’t not it. Uh… | 不是 你没猜对 |
[16:37] | What the hell is it? | 那他妈的是什么 |
[16:39] | It’s a cherry with a mustache, and, uh, wearing a sombrero. | 这是一颗长八字胡的樱桃 戴着顶宽边帽 |
[16:45] | It’s “Cherry Garcia.” | 答案是”樱桃加西亚” |
[16:53] | Oh, my God, that is the worst drawing I’ve ever seen. | 老天啊 你是我见过最烂的画图人 |
[16:56] | I mean, even these cheaters wouldn’t have gotten that one. | 就连这俩作弊的都猜不出你画的啥 |
[16:58] | – Cheaters? – I saw you guys mouthing at each other. | – 作弊 – 我看到你俩对口型了 |
[17:00] | And I think Father Time here cut us off a little early, too. | 而且我觉得你爸时间也掐早了 |
[17:03] | Here, give me that pen. I’ll show you how it’s done. Sit down. | 把笔给我 老娘让你开开眼 坐一边去 |
[17:07] | Oh, my God, I mean, this painting is j… | 我的天 你这画技真是 |
[17:23] | Oh, dear God! | 我的天呐 |
[17:25] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[17:26] | Oh… yes, I just… | 哦 我没事 |
[17:29] | I think I need to splash a little cold water on my face. | 我需要往脸上洒点冷水清醒下 |
[17:32] | Let me just, uh, walk you to the powder room. | 没事 我带你去洗手间 |
[17:34] | I’m sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[17:35] | Well, that’s, uh, that’s okay. You just take as long as you need. | 没关系 你慢慢来不急 |
[17:42] | Shame on you! | 你们真是可耻 |
[17:47] | That woman couldn’t breathe, | 那女人都无法呼吸了 |
[17:49] | and the three of you just sat there! | 而你们仨却坐在那视若无睹 |
[17:53] | You didn’t exactly jump in yourself. | 你也没立马就上去帮她 |
[17:55] | That’s because I mistook her choking | 那是因为我没有注意到 |
[17:56] | for a sarcastic comment on my Pictionary play! | 我正思考她对我画技的讽刺挖苦呢 |
[18:00] | You, on the other hand, were content to | 而你们仨却眼睁睁看着 |
[18:01] | let the woman I love die before your eyes. | 我深爱的女人在你们眼皮子底下死去 |
[18:03] | That’s right! I said I love her! | 没错 我说出口了 我爱她 |
[18:07] | Oh, knock it off, Frasier. You don’t love her | 得了吧 Frasier 你根本不爱她 |
[18:10] | You’re just trying to talk yourself into honoring | 你只是努力想说服自己 |
[18:12] | your ill-advised commitment. | 履行你愚蠢的承诺 |
[18:14] | How dare you presume to know the workings of my heart? | 你怎么敢肆意猜测我心之所想 |
[18:16] | You can’t understand the kind of feelings | 你根本都不了解 |
[18:18] | Julia and I have for one another. | 我和Julia之间的情感 |
[18:19] | You may as well ask me to describe the essence of music | 也许你会让我描述音乐的本质 |
[18:21] | or the, the color of starlight! | 或是让我解释星光的颜色 |
[18:24] | Nice towels, Frasier. | 这毛巾真舒服 Frasier |
[18:26] | You’d think a couple of old ladies lived here. | 不知道的人还以为 这里住了对老夫妻呢 |
[18:29] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[18:34] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:35] | I said get out! | 我说”滚出去” |
[18:37] | I’m sorry. Have you just lost your mind? | 怎么了 你是疯了吗 |
[18:40] | No. That happened earlier when we slept together. | 不 先前我俩上床时我才真是疯狂了 |
[18:43] | Are you breaking up with me? | 你是要和我分手吗 |
[18:45] | You’re damn right I am! | 我他妈就是这意思 |
[18:46] | I want my purse. | 我要我的包包 |
[18:48] | And I, my hand towel. | 一手交包 一手交毛巾 |
[18:53] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[18:55] | You’re actually kicking me out? | 你是真要赶我走 |
[18:57] | Do you want me to draw you a picture? | 难道你还要我画图你来猜吗 |
[19:00] | We’d be here all night! | 我们今晚就都别想走了 |
[19:02] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[19:11] | With this bottle, I would like to both commemorate | 这一杯 庆祝今晚喜讯的同时 |
[19:13] | and apologize for this evening. | 我致以深深的歉意 |
[19:15] | Daphne, Niles, this should have been your evening, | Daphne Niles 今晚本该属于你们 |
[19:18] | and I selfishly monopolized every moment of it. | 但我自私地打乱了你们的计划 |
[19:21] | – Frasier… – Not yet, Niles. | – Frasier – 我还没说完 Niles |
[19:25] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[19:27] | I handled things badly… | 是我处理不当 |
[19:30] | both with Julia and with you, | 无论是对Julia 还是你们 |
[19:32] | and I just hope that you can forgive me. | 我只希望你们能原谅我 |
[19:34] | Of course we will. | 我们当然原谅你 |
[19:35] | Oh, look on the bright side. | 往好处想 |
[19:37] | You could’ve let her choke to death, | 你本可以眼睁睁看她噎死 |
[19:39] | but you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[19:41] | Well, then, uh, to life, both the old and the new. | 那么 敬生命 旧生与新生同在 |
[19:50] | Niles, I’m so proud of you. | Niles 我真为你自豪 |
[19:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:54] | I’m excited for you, Daphne. | 我太激动了 Daphne |
[19:56] | Takes me back to when I had my kids. | 让我想起当年自己有孩子的时候 |
[19:59] | What are you hoping for, boy or girl? | 你想要男孩还是女孩 |
[20:01] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:03] | Be sort of nice to have a boy. | 也许生个男孩挺好 |
[20:04] | Niles, just look at the edging on this. | Niles 仔细看看这毛巾的边饰 |
[20:07] | Have you ever? Have you ever? | 你见过这么精致的吗 见过吗 |
[20:09] | And look at… this is all hand-stitched. | 还有这全是手工缝制的 |
[20:12] | Or a girl, either way. | 或者女孩 反正都一样 |