时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Oh, hello, Dad. Hi, Niles. | 嗨 老爸 嗨 Niles |
[00:10] | May I get my usual, please? | 老样子 谢谢 |
[00:11] | Niles, we’re playing squash in 20 minutes. | Niles 壁球还有20分钟就开始了 |
[00:14] | Where are your togs? | 你的球衣呢 |
[00:15] | Oh, yes, I had to hide them in my briefcase. | 我藏在手提箱里了 |
[00:17] | I told Daphne I was seeing patients all day. | 我告诉Daphne今天一整天都得见病人 |
[00:19] | It was the only way I could get out | 不然我都没法来 |
[00:20] | of driving her to this flower show. | 她要我送她去花展 |
[00:21] | It’s two hours there and back. | 开过去再开回来就是2小时 |
[00:23] | I see. well, we could have rescheduled. | 我懂了 你可以早说啊 改天也行 |
[00:24] | Did you really have to lie? | 有必要说谎吗 |
[00:26] | Did I mention we’d be joined by Daphne’s mother, | 我忘提了Daphne的妈妈也要来 |
[00:28] | who’s suffering from some female complaint | 她最近有点妇科毛病 |
[00:30] | and can’t get it through her head | 但是她一直都搞不清楚 |
[00:31] | that I’m not a gynecologist | 非以为我是妇科医生 |
[00:34] | – Ah. Well, then, you had to save yourself. – Thank you. | – 那就没办法了 你要保护自己 – 谢谢 |
[00:37] | so, please, don’t tell anyone we’re playing squash today. | 所以你可千万别说我们今天打壁球去了 |
[00:40] | I can’t have it getting back to Daphne. | 给Daphne知道我就惨了 |
[00:41] | – Right. – Hey, guys. | – 好的 – 大家好 |
[00:43] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 你们都在太好了 |
[00:44] | You can meet my new boyfriend. | 你们可以见见我新男朋友 |
[00:45] | He’s the hottest guy I’ve dated since.. . | 他是我约过最帅的 除了 |
[00:47] | Frasier. | 除了Frasier |
[00:48] | Okay, the hottest guy | 好吧 除了Frasier以外 |
[00:50] | since Frasier. | 最帅的男朋友 |
[00:53] | That’s Alistair Burke. | 那是Alistair Burke |
[00:54] | I know! | 我知道 |
[00:55] | Who’s Alistair Burke? | 谁是Alistair Burke |
[00:56] | He is only the head of the seattle Opera Guild | 西雅图歌剧同业会的主席 |
[00:58] | and one of the finest directors in the world. | 全球最厉害的导演之一 |
[01:00] | His productions are brilliant. | 他的制作都是杰作 |
[01:01] | He staged a Philip Glass opera last year, | 去年他导了一部Philip Glass的歌剧 |
[01:03] | and no one left. | 无人离场 |
[01:04] | Alistair, uh, it’s, it’s Frasier Crane. | Alistair 我是Frasier Crane |
[01:07] | Uh, we met last year at the fund-raiser. | 去年的慈善晚宴我们见过 |
[01:09] | Of course. | 确实有这么回事 |
[01:10] | You’re on the radio. | 你有个电台节目 |
[01:11] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[01:11] | And you’re… don’t tell me. | 你是 先别说 |
[01:15] | All right, tell me. | 算了 还是你说吧 |
[01:18] | Niles Crane Niles Crane. | |
[01:19] | Yes, we’ve both got tickets to your premiere, | 是的 我们都买了您的首映票 |
[01:21] | and, oh, we can’t wait to see | 我们简直等不及要看 |
[01:22] | what magic you’ll work with La Boheme. | 您制作的<波西米亚人>多么精彩 |
[01:24] | Well, I would be content | 要是我的Mimi能少吃点汉堡 |
[01:25] | if my Mimi would just lay off the cheeseburgers. | 我就心满意足了 |
[01:28] | I sat her down yesterday and I said, | 昨天我还和她好好谈了一次 |
[01:31] | “You’re dying of consumption, dear, | “你是死于肺痨啊 亲爱的 |
[01:33] | not overconsumption. “ | 可不是死于吃撑了啊” |
[01:35] | Oh, that’s hilarious! | 好好笑 |
[01:38] | It’s funny because it’s bitchy. | 太好笑了 因为这也太刻薄了 |
[01:40] | How well you’re looking. | 您看上去气色真好 |
[01:41] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:42] | I like your suit. | 我喜欢您的西装 |
[01:42] | Well, you’re too kind. | 你们人太好了 |
[01:43] | And it’s nice to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[01:46] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[01:47] | Take care. | 保重 |
[01:49] | Wow, that was thorough. | 这马屁都拍穿了 |
[01:51] | Find any polyps up there? | 看清有痔疮了吗 |
[01:57] | We were merely paying due respect | 我们只是非常尊敬 |
[01:58] | to one of the giants of the opera world. | 这位歌剧界的大拿而已 |
[02:01] | – Hey! – Barry, hi. | – 嘿 – Barry 嗨 |
[02:03] | This is Frasier and Niles… | 这是Frasier和Niles |
[02:07] | and Martin. | 这位是Martin |
[02:07] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[02:08] | Whoa, strong handshake. | 哇哦 手劲很大啊 |
[02:09] | You look like you work out a lot. | 你看起来经常去健身啊 |
[02:11] | He practically lives at the gym. | 他基本上把健身房都当家了 |
[02:13] | Well, it’s my church . | 健身房就是我的圣地 |
[02:15] | Oh, this blouse looks amazing on you. | 哦 你穿这件衬衫太好看了 |
[02:18] | Yes, it’s very chic, Roz. | 是的 非常时髦 Roz |
[02:19] | Well, Barry picked it out. | 这是Barry挑的 |
[02:20] | He’s the women’s wear buyer at Bidwells. | 他是Bidwells的女装采购 |
[02:22] | He spent a whole day last week going through my closet | 上个礼拜 他花了一整天时间整理我的衣柜 |
[02:24] | and throwing out all the stuff I shouldn’t wear anymore. | 把我不该穿的衣服都扔了 |
[02:27] | You should have seen what she was still hanging on to. | 你都不知道她还存着些什么衣服 |
[02:29] | Culottes. | 裙裤 |
[02:31] | stop it. | 别说了 |
[02:33] | Well… | 好吧 |
[02:35] | one wonders what’s been in Barry’s closet | 我倒想知道Barry家的衣柜里 |
[02:37] | a little too long. | 是不是有人待太久了 |
[02:42] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[02:43] | Oh, come on. He didn’t seem gay to you ? | 少来了 他看起来不像同性恋吗 |
[02:45] | That guy’s not gay. | 他才不是同性恋呢 |
[02:48] | You know how you can tell? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[02:49] | The muscles. | 肌肉 |
[02:54] | Good point, Dad. | 说的太好了 老爸 |
[02:55] | second tip-off; no poodle. | 而且 也没有养贵宾犬 |
[02:59] | so, isn’t he fabulous? | 怎么样 他是不是很赞 |
[03:01] | Yes, yes, uh, fabulous sums it up in a word. | 是的 是的 赞就一个字 |
[03:05] | I think he’s perfect for you, Roz– | 我觉得你们很般配 Roz |
[03:07] | good-looking, friendly and not gay at all. | 长得帅 又友善 根本不像同性恋 |
[03:11] | Who said he was gay? | 谁说他像同性恋了 |
[03:12] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[03:14] | He’s not gay. | 他不是同性恋 |
[03:16] | All right, Roz, but you can see | 好吧 Roz 但是你也能理解 |
[03:17] | how someone might get that impression. All Right. | 为什么我们会有这个印象吧 |
[03:18] | Why, because of his job? | 为什么 就因为他的工作吗 |
[03:20] | Because he takes care of himself? | 因为他注重仪表吗 |
[03:21] | That is just such lazy, stereotypical… | 你这就是说话不过大脑 想法一成不变 |
[03:23] | You’re right. It was a shallow knee-jerk assumption | 你说的没错 我们完全就是在肤浅地下意识乱猜测 |
[03:25] | and unworthy of us both | 我们俩完全不配自称 |
[03:26] | as psychiatrists and men about town. | 心理医生与本地名流 |
[03:30] | We better go. We’re going to miss the movie. | 我们还是快走吧 不然赶不上电影了 |
[03:32] | – Right. Bye. – See you. | – 对 再见 – 回见 |
[03:33] | No biscotti for you? | 不来点意大利饼干吗 |
[03:35] | Please. I’m a house. | 不能再吃了 我太胖了 |
[03:47] | Can’t you walk any faster? | 你就不能走得再快点吗 |
[03:49] | I’m moving as fast as I can | 我已经尽力走快点了 |
[03:51] | in these ridiculous shorts of yours. | 都怪你这条无语的裤子 |
[03:52] | You wouldn’t need them | 还不是你把自己的裤子撑爆了 |
[03:54] | if you hadn’t burst out of your own. | 要不然你也用不着穿我的裤子 |
[03:55] | I did not burst out of them. | 我没有把裤子撑爆 |
[03:56] | My laundress simply over bleached them | 是我的洗衣房把衣服过度漂白了 |
[03:57] | till they had the tensile strength of a cobweb. | 所以裤子才像蜘蛛网一样脆弱 |
[04:00] | If you’re in such a hurry, | 你要是真的那么赶时间 |
[04:01] | you should have brought your own car. | 应该开车来 |
[04:02] | Daphne needed it for her flower show. | Daphne把车开去看花展了 |
[04:04] | – And remember… – Yes, yes. | – 别忘了 – 好的 好的 |
[04:06] | You were seeing patients. | 你见病人去了 |
[04:07] | We did not play squash. | 我们没去打壁球 |
[04:10] | Is that Roz’s boy friend ? | 那不是Roz的男朋友吗 |
[04:14] | Oh, you don’t suppose she told him | 她该不会和他说了 |
[04:16] | what we were saying about him? | 我们之前说的话吧 |
[04:16] | No, I can’t imagine she would do that. | 不会吧 我觉得她不会这么做 |
[04:19] | Let’s just act natural. | 我们表现的自然点 |
[04:24] | Where did he go? | 他去哪了 |
[04:25] | Odd. He was just here. | 奇怪了 他刚才还在啊 |
[04:29] | “Bad Billy’s?” | 淘气比利酒吧 |
[04:31] | What sort of place do you think that is? | 你说这是什么地方啊 |
[04:33] | Well, let’s see. | 我们来看一下 |
[04:34] | Tuesday is leather night, | 周二晚上是皮革之夜 |
[04:37] | so it’s probably some sort of shoe outlet. | 估计是什么皮鞋打折店吧 |
[04:42] | It’s a gay bar, you idiot. | 是同性恋酒吧 白痴 |
[04:44] | Come on. Let’s go. | 走吧 一起去 |
[04:44] | What?! No! No no no no… | 什么 不行不行 |
[04:47] | I told Daphne | 我和Daphne说 |
[04:47] | I was seeing patients until 7:00. | 我约了病人到7点结束 |
[04:49] | If I’m late, she might get suspicious. | 如果我回去晚了 她可能会起疑心 |
[04:51] | Niles, Roz is my friend. | Roz可是我朋友 Niles |
[04:52] | I’m not going to let her get hurt | 我不想看到她 |
[04:53] | by some man who’s lying to her about himself. | 被一个伪装成直男的人伤害 |
[04:56] | I’ll be just a minute. | 我去去就来 |
[05:04] | Excuse me. Uh, I’m looking for a guy. | 不好意思 我来找一个男人 |
[05:06] | Yeah, I kind of got that from the shorts. | 看你的短裤就知道了 |
[05:11] | It’s a particular guy. | 我是来找人的 |
[05:12] | He’s about 35 years… | 一个男的 35岁左右 |
[05:13] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[05:15] | Eduardo Eduardo! | |
[05:17] | My furniture polisher. | 他给我家的家具做抛光 |
[05:19] | Don’t tell me you put away paste and chamois | 别告诉我你扔下抛磨膏和麂皮 |
[05:21] | for life as a barkeep. | 到这里来做酒保了 |
[05:22] | I just do this on the side. | 这是我的副业 |
[05:24] | Oh, well, bet you’re surprised to see me in here. | 那你一定很惊讶见到我吧 |
[05:27] | Okay. | 你说是就是吧 |
[05:30] | All right, look, | 好吧 是这样的 |
[05:31] | I thought I saw a friend of mine come in here. | 我好像看到我一个朋友走了进来 |
[05:32] | He’s, uh, mid-30s, uh, wavy hair, good build. | 他35左右 发型飘逸 体格健硕 |
[05:37] | Yeah, I think he’s in the bathroom. | 哦 他应该去洗手间了 |
[05:38] | Oh. Oh. | 哦 |
[05:42] | Can I get you a drink? | 喝点什么吗 |
[05:46] | Sherry, please. | 雪利酒 谢谢 |
[06:00] | Oh, hi, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[06:01] | Hey, Barry. | 嘿 Barry |
[06:17] | Frasier. Barry’s not here. | Frasier Barry不在这 |
[06:19] | – I just saw him. – What? | – 我刚看到他了 – 什么 |
[06:20] | Barry’s not here. Let’s go. | Barry不在这 我们走吧 |
[06:21] | He’s in the bathroom. | 他去洗手间了 |
[06:23] | No, he’s not. | 他不在里面 |
[06:24] | Can we just go, please? | 赶紧回去吧 行不行 |
[06:26] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[06:27] | Daphne’s expecting me. | Daphne在家等我呢 |
[06:28] | Let’s go. | 赶紧走吧 |
[06:29] | – Come again? – Oh, for God’s sake.. | – 再说一遍 – 我的天哪 |
[06:31] | I’m begging you, please take me home! | 我求你了 带我回去吧 |
[06:43] | You see, actually, he and I are… | 是这样的 事实上 我和他 |
[07:02] | You can rationalize your actions | 你可以为你的行为作出合理解释 |
[07:04] | all you want to, kevin. The truth is, | Kevin 但事实上 |
[07:06] | you’re just not being honest, are you? | 你并没有说实话 对吗 |
[07:08] | I guess I’m not. | 我确实没有 |
[07:09] | But it’s not like you’re so honest | 不过你自己不也一样 |
[07:11] | about everything in your life. | 没有坦白你的个人生活 |
[07:13] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[07:14] | Well, you’ve never told your audience you’re gay. | 你从来没说过你是同性恋 |
[07:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么呢 |
[07:22] | I saw you in a gay bar last night. | 我昨天在同性恋酒吧看到你了 |
[07:25] | Oh. Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[07:29] | Yes, in fact, | 是的 事实上 |
[07:31] | I did pop into Bad Billy’s Yesterday. | 我确实昨天去了淘气比利酒吧 |
[07:36] | You see, I thought | 是这样的 我以为 |
[07:37] | I had seen a gentleman I wished to speak with go in there, | 一位熟人走了进去 我想和他说几句话 |
[07:39] | and I’d certainly never been in that bar before. | 我以前从没去过那家酒吧 |
[07:42] | Then how come you knew the bartender by name? | 那你怎么知道酒保的名字 |
[07:45] | And why were you wearing those tight little shorts? | 你为什么穿那么紧身的短裤 |
[07:47] | Well, they… | 短裤 |
[07:49] | They were not my shorts. | 短裤不是我的 |
[07:51] | You see, I’d been playing squash, | 我那天正好在打壁球 |
[07:52] | and I borrowed them from my… | 我就借了 |
[07:55] | uh, from my friend who is slim-hipped. | 我一个身材瘦小的朋友的裤子 |
[08:00] | Yeah, kind of like that nervous guy you picked up. | 就像你后来带走的那个紧张的男人 |
[08:02] | Look, I did not pick anybody up. | 我谁也没带走 |
[08:05] | All right, I am going to put an end to this discussion | 好了 这件事我我不想再解释了 |
[08:07] | because there is nothing to discuss. | 因为根本就没有必要解释 |
[08:08] | On my way home from the gym, I popped into Bad Billy’s | 健身房回家路上 我去了淘气比利 |
[08:14] | Iooking for a man I was hoping was in the bathroom. | 去洗手间找一位男士 |
[08:20] | I had a quick sherry with my French polisher, | 和我的法国抛光师喝了杯雪利酒 |
[08:22] | and then I left. | 然后我就走了 |
[08:24] | As to how I got into another man’s shorts, | 至于我怎么穿了别的男人的裤子(和别的男人睡了) |
[08:26] | that is no one’s business. | 和你们没关系 |
[08:31] | And we’re off the air. | 下直播了 |
[08:32] | Oh, dear God. | 天哪 |
[08:37] | That man you thought you saw going into Bad Billy’s– | 你看到有人走进淘气比利 |
[08:39] | that wouldn’t be Barry, would it? | 不会说的是Barry吧 |
[08:41] | All right, Roz. | 好吧 Roz |
[08:42] | I-I saw him on the street, and I turned, | 我在路上看到他 我一转身 |
[08:43] | and the next thing I knew, he was gone. I thought… | 他就不见了 我还以为 |
[08:45] | You know what Barry was doing | 你知道昨天晚上Barry |
[08:46] | from 10 O’clock until midnight last night? | 从晚上十点到半夜在干什么吗 |
[08:48] | Me, that’s what! | 干我 干什么 |
[08:51] | He’s not gay, whereas you, Miss Marple, | 他不是同性恋 而你呢 大侦探马尔普小姐 |
[08:54] | you’ve just been outed. | 你刚刚被出柜了 |
[08:55] | Outed? | 被出柜 |
[08:57] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[09:01] | I am so sorry. | 我真是深表遗憾 |
[09:02] | I thought that last call was appalling. | 最后那个电话简直吓人哦 |
[09:04] | Thank you, Gil. | 谢谢你 Gil |
[09:05] | You poor man. | 你真是可怜死了 |
[09:06] | How long you must have dreaded this dark yet inevitable day. | 因为总会有这么黑暗的一天而担惊受怕 |
[09:11] | I so wish you could have been allowed to come out | 我真希望你出柜的时候 |
[09:13] | in a time and manner of your own choosing | 是以你自愿自发的形式 |
[09:16] | instead of being wrenched from your closet, | 而不是被人强行揪出柜 |
[09:18] | your voice cracking, your cheeks crimson with shame. | 声音不断地颤抖 脸颊羞愧地发红 |
[09:21] | Gil, I am not gay. | Gil 我不是同性恋 |
[09:23] | Oh, Frasier, you can’t play coy | Frasier 你就不要扭捏了 |
[09:26] | once you’ve been caught traipsing around Bad Billy’s | 都已经被人撞见在淘气比利附近溜达 |
[09:29] | in shorts that left little to the imagination. | 还穿着迷你短裤 很难再翻身了 |
[09:30] | They were not my shorts. | 根本不是我的短裤 |
[09:32] | I simply borrowed them because my own had split | 我借来的裤子 因为我的裤子绷了 |
[09:35] | when I bent over… | 我当时弯着身子 |
[09:35] | Oh, please! | 哦 真是够了 |
[09:38] | We don’t need to know everything. | 我们不用知道的这么详细 |
[09:41] | I just want to say that your KACL family | 我只是想告诉你 KACL大家庭 |
[09:43] | will be here for you | 永远都支持你 |
[09:44] | as you take your first brave steps | 你终于迈出了勇敢的第一步 |
[09:46] | on that yellow brick road | 走上了这条 |
[09:47] | to pride and self – acceptance and… | 捍卫自我荣誉自我接受的黄砖路 |
[09:49] | Oh, shut up, you big queen! | 闭嘴吧 你这个娘炮 |
[09:55] | I see kitty has claws. | 猫不大 爪子还挺利 |
[10:04] | Another latte to go, please. | 再来一杯Latte 带走 |
[10:06] | And you can take it out of there, thank you. | 这个也可以拿走 谢谢 |
[10:07] | I-I didn’t order these | 这不是我点的 |
[10:09] | They’re from those guys over there. | 那边的男士们送你的 |
[10:17] | Oh, Dad. You care for a coffee ? | 老爸 坐下来喝杯咖啡吗 |
[10:19] | Nah. I can see where you might think | 不了 不过我知道你为什么会觉得 |
[10:21] | I would, though. | 我想喝咖啡 |
[10:22] | A guy walks into a coffee bar, | 一个人走进了一家咖啡馆 |
[10:24] | he can’t blame people for thinking he likes coffee. | 人们自然觉得他是要去喝咖啡 |
[10:27] | Yes, Dad. | 是的 老爸 |
[10:28] | Course, uh, if he didn’t like it, | 但如果他不喜欢咖啡 |
[10:30] | he could make that clear to people. | 他完全可以说清楚 |
[10:31] | He might say, “I am not a coffee drinker” | 比如说 “我根本不喝咖啡” |
[10:35] | or “I have never | 或者 “我从来都没有 |
[10:37] | tried coffee even once. “ | 喝过咖啡 一次都没有” |
[10:39] | Yes, all right, Dad. | 好了 老爸 |
[10:40] | “I am not even curious about… “ | “我甚至一点都不好奇” |
[10:43] | Yes, all right! | 够了 |
[10:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:52] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[10:54] | I see you caught my show. | 看来你也听了我的节目 |
[10:55] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[10:56] | Go ahead. Let’s hear it. | 说吧 别憋着了 |
[10:58] | I’m not going to tease you. I’m grateful. | 我不会嘲笑你 我很感谢你 |
[11:00] | You could have ratted me out to Daphne, | 你本可以把我出卖给Daphne |
[11:01] | but instead, you protected me… | 相反 你选择了保护我 |
[11:03] | just like a big sister should. | 就像姐姐一样 |
[11:08] | You know, I’m glad this tickles you. | 你觉得开心就好 |
[11:11] | I shouldn’t make fun. | 我不该嘲笑你 |
[11:12] | You people have been persecuted long enough as it is. | 你们已经被社会压迫的太久了 |
[11:16] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[11:17] | – I’m done. – I’ll return those shorts to you tomorrow. | – 说完了 – 我明天把裤子还给你 |
[11:19] | No, keep them. You’ll want them for the parade. | 留着吧 同性恋大游行的时候用得上 |
[11:22] | I’m done. Now I’m done. | 我说完了 真说完了 |
[11:24] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[11:26] | – Oh, Alistair. – So sorry to hear about your ordeal today. | – 哦 Alistair – 今天真是苦了你了 |
[11:29] | Oh, boy… You heard my show then? | 你也听了我的节目了 |
[11:31] | No, I heard the replay | 不是 我听的是重播 |
[11:33] | on kiki and Mel’s Drivetime Circus. | Kiki和Mel的路上开心一刻 |
[11:38] | If it’s any comfort, | 只是想安慰你 |
[11:39] | I went through the same thing myself once. | 我自己也经历了同样的事情 |
[11:41] | – Really? – Yes, I was a guest on a call-in show, | – 真的吗 – 是的 我上一个热线节目做嘉宾 |
[11:44] | and an angry ex-boyfriend phoned in. | 前男友非常生气地打进来 |
[11:46] | Everything came out; names, dates, birthmarks. | 什么都说出来了 名字 日期 胎记 |
[11:51] | Had quite a chat with the wife that night. | 当晚和老婆促膝长谈 |
[11:54] | – Very frank. – Oh | – 非常坦诚 – 哦 |
[11:55] | – Very expensive. – Oh. | – 代价不菲 – 哦 |
[11:57] | How awful for you. Of course, in my case… | 您真是太惨了 当然其实我 |
[11:59] | I know what might rally your spirits. | 我知道怎么让你打起精神来 |
[12:02] | I’m giving a small party | 就在下周歌剧首映之后 |
[12:03] | after the premiere of my opera next week. | 我要举办一个小型聚会 |
[12:05] | Are you free to come? | 你有空来吗 |
[12:07] | I’d be delighted. | 我非常愿意去 |
[12:08] | splendid. | 太好了 |
[12:10] | Well, I must get to rehearsals. | 好了 我要去排练了 |
[12:11] | Oh, how are things coming? | 排练的怎么样 |
[12:13] | You can tag along, | 你可以跟着 |
[12:14] | see for yourself if you like. | 一起去看看 |
[12:17] | I would love that. | 那敢情好 |
[12:18] | Let me just grab my coffee. | 我拿上咖啡就来 |
[12:20] | Good-bye, Dad. | 再见 老爸 |
[12:21] | Niles Niles. | |
[12:28] | Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[12:30] | I would kill to go to that party. | 我也好想去那个派对 |
[12:33] | I was at that gay bar too, you know. | 那晚我也在那个酒吧呀 |
[12:38] | Let’s see… | 我看看 |
[12:39] | One of my sons just got picked up by a guy. | 大儿子被一个男人带走了 |
[12:41] | My other son is jealous. | 小儿子吃醋了 |
[12:45] | Yep, life is good. | 生活真美好 |
[12:51] | Dad, please clean up that debris around your chair. | 爸 你把你椅子旁边的垃圾收拾下 |
[12:54] | Alistair is coming by. | Alistair马上要过来 |
[12:56] | “Oh, Alistair. “ | “哦 Alistair” |
[12:58] | That’s all we’ve heard around here all week. | 一个礼拜都这样不带消停的 |
[13:00] | Alistair this, Alistair that. | Alistair又这样了 Alistair又那样了 |
[13:03] | You can’t blame him | 你也不要怪他 |
[13:04] | for being excited. | 这么激动 |
[13:05] | It’s fun having a famous friend. | 有个名人朋友确实很有意思 |
[13:07] | When I lived in England… | 以前我住在英国的时候 |
[13:10] | Do you know the actor Peter O’Toole? | 你知道演员Peter O’Toole吗 |
[13:12] | sure. | 那当然 |
[13:13] | I always thought it would be fun to be friends with him. | 我觉得要是和他做朋友肯定很有意思 |
[13:19] | Now, that’s him. | 他来了 |
[13:20] | Everyone just act natural. | 大家都表现得自然点 |
[13:24] | – Frasier – Alistair – Frasier! – Alistair! | |
[13:28] | You smell fantastic. | 你身上的味道真好闻 |
[13:30] | Oh, it must be my new conditioner. | 应该是我新用的护发素 |
[13:32] | sandalwood with just a hint of…? | 檀香混着一点点 |
[13:35] | Cloves. | 丁香 |
[13:35] | The man’s amazing. | 他真是太厉害了 |
[13:37] | He has the musical panache of Leonard Bernstein | 他有着Leonard Bernstein的音乐才华 |
[13:39] | and the nose of a Tuscan truffle hog. | 以及和托斯卡纳松露猪一样灵敏的鼻子 |
[13:43] | You turn my head, sir. | 这位先生 你把我捧上天了 |
[13:44] | Oh, well… come and meet my father, | 好了 来见见我的父亲 |
[13:47] | Martin Crane Martin Crane. | |
[13:47] | Well, how lovely to meet you, Martin. | 很高兴见到你 Martin |
[13:49] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[13:50] | – Niles. – Hello. | – Niles – 你好 |
[13:51] | Love the tie. | 领带不错 |
[13:52] | Charvet. | 夏尔凡牌的 |
[13:54] | And I’m Daphne , Niles’ wife. | 我是Daphne Niles的太太 |
[13:57] | No. | 不可能吧 |
[14:01] | We’re expecting. | 我们很快就要有宝宝了 |
[14:02] | Can’t say I was. | 还真是看不出 |
[14:05] | How lovely to meet you, Daphne. | 很高兴认识你 Daphne |
[14:07] | Likewise. | 彼此彼此 |
[14:08] | Frasier, this apartment is stunning. | Frasier 你的公寓太棒了 |
[14:10] | – Thank you. – The view– | – 谢谢 – 这景观 |
[14:12] | breathtaking. | 叹为观止 |
[14:13] | The art– perfect. | 艺术品 完美 |
[14:14] | The chair– hilarious. | 这椅子 很荒谬 |
[14:20] | Damn. So sorry. | 见鬼 不好意思 |
[14:22] | I have to take this call. | 我要接一下电话 |
[14:23] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:25] | Placido Placido! | |
[14:27] | Placido Domingo Placido Domingo?! | |
[14:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:29] | I’m here with Frasier. | 我和Frasier在一起 |
[14:32] | Yes, he’s the one I told you about. | 是的 就是我和你说过的那个 |
[14:35] | Oh, stop. | 哎呀 讨厌 |
[14:38] | Oh, oh, yes, uh… in the kitchen | 哦 好的 去厨房 |
[14:40] | Well, you’ll meet him next month at the concert in Madrid. | 下个月马德里的演奏会上就能见到他了 |
[14:43] | Oops, now I’ve spoiled the surprise. | 哎呀 不当心破坏了惊喜 |
[14:49] | He’s taking me to Madrid! | 他要带我去马德里 |
[14:55] | You just met him last week. What’s going on? | 你上周才认识他 这怎么回事 |
[14:58] | He kissed you. | 他还亲了你 |
[14:59] | Well, he’s a man of the theater. | 他是戏剧界人士 |
[15:00] | He kisses everyone. | 他谁都会亲一口 |
[15:01] | It’s not like he’s the first gay friend I’ve ever had. | 他又不是我第一个同性恋朋友 |
[15:03] | It’s the first one who thinks you’re gay, too. | 但是第一个觉得你也是同性恋的 |
[15:07] | He does not think I’m gay. | 他才不觉得我是同性恋 |
[15:08] | He thinks I’m gay, and I’m standing next to my pregnant wife. | 他都觉得我是 我旁边还站着怀孕的老婆 |
[15:15] | Have you told him you’re straight? | 你和他说过你不是同性恋吗 |
[15:17] | I don’t have to. I mean, it’s obvious. | 没必要说啊 这不言自明 |
[15:20] | We are just friends. He is not courting me. | 我们只是朋友 他没有在追我 |
[15:23] | Is that a new watch? | 你戴着新手表呢 |
[15:24] | so what if it is? | 是又怎么样 |
[15:29] | Jewelry. Ooh, he’s a keeper. | 送珠宝啊 金龟婿哦 |
[15:31] | stop that! | 别说了你 |
[15:34] | My friendship with Alistair | 我和Alistair的友谊 |
[15:35] | is the best thing that’s happened to me in months. | 是这几月以来最让我高兴的事 |
[15:37] | I will not have you sully it | 我不允许你们侮辱这份友情 |
[15:38] | by making it out to be something it’s not. | 捕风捉影 无中生有 |
[15:39] | sorry, my angel. | 久等了 小天使 |
[15:44] | Well, we’d best get to that tailor. | 我们赶紧去裁缝店吧 |
[15:45] | Oh, yes, yes. | 哦 对对对 |
[15:46] | We’re having new tuxes made | 我们要去做新的燕尾服 |
[15:48] | for Alistair’s premiere party this weekend. | 参加Alistair这个周末的首映派对 |
[15:50] | To which you are all invited. | 我邀请大家一起去 |
[15:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:55] | Will Peter O’Toole be there? | Peter O’Toole会去吗 |
[15:57] | No… and he knows why. | 不会 至于为什么 他心里有数 |
[16:01] | These are amazing. Where did you get them? | 这太好吃了 你哪里买的 |
[16:04] | I made them myself. | 我自己做的 |
[16:05] | No… | 不会吧 |
[16:06] | Is there anything this man can’t do? | 你还有什么做不到的吗 |
[16:09] | Time will tell. | 时间会给你答案 |
[16:26] | Look at this crowd. | 看看这群人 |
[16:28] | It’s like a Who’s Who | 名流云集 |
[16:29] | of the creme de la creme of the upper crust! | 全是上流社会的精华 |
[16:33] | – Frasier – Alistair – Frasier. – Alistair. | |
[16:35] | Your production was a triumph! | 你的作品太成功了 |
[16:38] | Wasn’t it? | 可不是吗 |
[16:39] | smile. | 笑一个 |
[16:43] | – Welcome, welcome. – Thank you. | – 欢迎欢迎 – 谢谢 |
[16:45] | There are so many people here | 这里有好多人 |
[16:47] | I’m dying for you to meet, | 我都想让你见见 |
[16:48] | but I have to make a little announcement first. | 但是首先我要先公布一个消息 |
[16:49] | Glinka, darling, come and meet Frasier. | Glinda 亲爱的 来见见Frasier |
[16:53] | Frasier, finally. | Frasier 久仰大名 |
[16:55] | Oh, Glinka, it’s such an honor to meet you. | Glinka 很荣幸见到你 |
[16:57] | I have all your recordings. | 我有你的所有唱片 |
[16:59] | so, I hear that you and Alistair are quite an item. | 我听说你和Alistair是一对 |
[17:02] | Oh, no, no, no, we’re just very good friends. | 没有没有 我们只是好朋友 |
[17:05] | Oh, yes. Yes, of course. | 好吧 你说是就是 |
[17:07] | Everyone, | 大家好 |
[17:09] | could I have your attention, please | 请大家安静一下 |
[17:11] | I have to announce that our very own Nigel Fry | 我们亲爱的Nigel Fry |
[17:14] | is retiring and giving up his seat | 要退休了 他将放弃 |
[17:17] | on the Opera board… | 行业董事会的席位 |
[17:19] | …but I am thrilled to name as his successor | 我很高兴为大家介绍他的继任者 |
[17:22] | a tireless supporter of opera in seattle, | 西雅图歌剧界永远的支持者 |
[17:25] | Dr. Frasier Crane. | Frasier Crane医生 |
[17:28] | Oh! Oh, my! Oh, I never dreamed… | 哦 天哪 我真的没想到 |
[17:32] | Oh, thank you, thank you! | 哦 谢谢 太感谢了 |
[17:33] | Congratu… lations. | 恭喜你 |
[17:36] | stunning couple, aren’t they? | 叹为观止的一对 是吧 |
[17:38] | I’m more stunned by them each day. | 每天都愈发令人惊叹 |
[17:43] | – Oh, Daph. – Quite an honor. | – 哦 Daph – 这是不小的荣誉啊 |
[17:44] | – Oh, my God! – Isn’t it thrilling? | – 哦 天哪 – 太令人激动了 |
[17:46] | – Frasier, can we talk to you for a moment? – Yes. | – Frasier 能谈谈吗 – 好 |
[17:48] | Do you realize that every person in this room | 你知不知道这里的每一个人 |
[17:50] | thinks that you’re Alistair’s boyfriend? | 都以为你是Alistair的男朋友 |
[17:52] | Listen, I can’t help it if people think we’re a couple | 听着 别人要怎么想我管不着 |
[17:54] | The point is I’m enjoying myself, | 关键是我自己开心就好 |
[17:56] | and if you’re too jealous to be happy for me, | 如果你因为嫉妒我 不能为我高兴 |
[17:58] | then that’s your problem. | 那是你自己的问题 |
[17:59] | Jealous?! | 嫉妒 |
[17:59] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 正是如此 |
[18:01] | All my life I have dreamed | 我一直以来都幻想能 |
[18:03] | of being half of a power couple, | 与一位有权势的人在一起 |
[18:05] | and I finally am. | 现在我终于实现我的愿望了 |
[18:09] | Is it perfect? No. | 完美吗 不完美 |
[18:12] | But it’s fun, and I don’t want it to end | 但起码我觉得很开心 我还不想就此打住 |
[18:14] | Don’t you worry at all | 难道你就完全不担心 |
[18:16] | that Alistair might be falling for you? | Alistair可能真的爱上你吗 |
[18:18] | Oh, please. The man has not even made a move on me, | 少来了 他根本都没有追求过我 |
[18:21] | and do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[18:22] | Because we are friends. | 因为我们只是朋友 |
[18:24] | Famous, fabulous friends. | 有名望 有才华的一对好朋友 |
[18:27] | Oh, uh, Alistair. | 哦 Alistair |
[18:29] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[18:30] | It was a stunning production. | 你的作品令人赞叹 |
[18:31] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 谢谢你 Niles |
[18:32] | It must be awfully hard work putting on an opera. | 制作歌剧一定非常辛苦吧 |
[18:34] | It is utterly draining. | 简直把我的精力都抽干了 |
[18:36] | In fact, when I’m in rehearsals, | 其实每次在彩排期间 |
[18:38] | I devote every ounce of strength to it. | 我都全身心地投入 |
[18:40] | No exercising, no jogging. | 不运动 不跑步 |
[18:42] | I even abstain from sex. | 甚至也没有性爱 |
[18:45] | Well, you can ask Frasier he | 不信你可以问问Frasier |
[18:49] | My poor, dear, patient Frasier. | 我可怜的 可爱的 耐心的Frasier |
[18:56] | Care to dance? | 想跳支舞吗 |
[18:58] | I would love to. | 很愿意 |
[18:59] | Don’t go far. | 别走远哦 |
[19:09] | Well, looks like Nigel won’t be the only one | 看来Nigel不是今晚唯一一个 |
[19:11] | giving up his seat tonight. | 要离开董事会的人 |
[19:18] | I could scratch your eyes out | 信不信我现在就把你的眼珠子挖出来 |
[19:20] | and not one person here would find it strange. | 也没人会觉得我行为出格 |
[19:24] | I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[19:28] | Damn my fatal allure. | 都怪我致命的诱惑 |
[19:33] | Alistair… when you’re finish with this dance… | Alistair 等你这支舞跳完 |
[19:36] | Oh, no. | 哦 不用 |
[19:37] | Be my guest. | 你和他跳吧 |
[19:43] | Frasier, do you have any idea | Frasier 你知不知道 |
[19:46] | how sexy you look in that tux? | 你穿着这身燕尾服多性感 |
[19:49] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[19:52] | Alistair Alistair… | |
[19:54] | I’m afraid I may have given you | 恐怕我让你 |
[19:56] | the wrong impression about myself. | 对我有了点误会 |
[19:57] | You seem nervous. Don’t be. | 你看上去很紧张 别紧张 |
[19:59] | And I want to thank you for waiting. | 感谢你的耐心等待 |
[20:01] | Oh, no, the waiting was good. I enjoyed the waiting. | 哦 不是的 等待很好 我喜欢等 |
[20:03] | Oh, me too. | 我也是 |
[20:06] | How it sharpens the appetite. | 这样你的欲望会更强烈 |
[20:09] | How it builds. | 情绪渐渐饱满 |
[20:11] | The intensity, the heat, the desire. | 强烈 热辣 欲火焚身 |
[20:14] | Can you feel it? | 你感受到了吗 |
[20:15] | Oh, yes, there it is. | 是的 我能感受到它 |
[20:18] | Alistair Alistair, um… | |
[20:22] | Listen, I-I… | 听着 我 我 |
[20:24] | I’m afraid I have to tell you something, uh… | 我要和你坦白 |
[20:28] | I’m not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[20:29] | Oh, Frasier, please don’t tell me | Frasier 你不会要告诉我 |
[20:31] | you’re still strugglin g with those issues. | 你还在纠结要不要出柜吧 |
[20:33] | Well, I-I like you so much, and I love our friendship. | 我很喜欢你 我也喜欢和你做朋友 |
[20:36] | But I’m afraid I can never really be more than friends. | 但我不能和你有超越友谊的感情 |
[20:39] | Would three weeks on Capri | 去卡布里岛上待三周 |
[20:40] | in Bertolucci’s villa change your mind? | 入住贝托鲁齐家族的别墅能改变主意吗 |
[20:52] | It’s worth a try. | 倒也可以试试 |
[20:53] | No, no… | 不行不行 |
[20:56] | No. | 不行 |
[20:59] | It-it wouldn’t. I’m sorry. | 我不会改变主意的 对不起 |
[21:02] | Well, then… | 好吧 |
[21:03] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:05] | so am I. | 我也是 |
[21:07] | Could I ask a small favor of you? | 我能请你帮个小忙吗 |
[21:08] | Of course. Anything. | 当然 但说无妨 |
[21:10] | Would you mind staying tonight | 你今晚能一直待到 |
[21:11] | until my other guests have gone? | 所有客人都离开吗 |
[21:13] | I’d hate my friends to think I’d been jilted. | 我不希望朋友们以为我被抛弃了 |
[21:17] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[21:17] | It won’t be very late. | 也不会很晚 |
[21:19] | Around about 3:00 it’s down to the core crowd, | 大概到3点 就只剩下小圈子里的人 |
[21:21] | and we’ll all relax and unwind. | 然后我们就可以放松一下 |
[21:23] | It’s after midnight, sir. | 现在已经过零点了 先生 |
[21:24] | shall I fire up the hot tub? | 要不要开始预热浴缸 |
[21:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[21:28] | I’m afraid I don’t have a bathing suit. | 我没有带泳衣来 |
[21:30] | Then you’ll fit right in. | 那正合适 |