时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Oh, now look at that couch. | 哦 瞧那个沙发 |
[00:09] | Now this is something you could consider for your new office, | 这才是你会考虑放在新办公室里的东西 |
[00:11] | although I’m not sure how well– | 虽然我不太确定 |
[00:13] | what is that– sort of linen is going to wear… | 什么材质来着 亚麻之类的能有多耐用 |
[00:15] | Oh, you know what I’m going to wear | 哦 你知道我周五晚上 |
[00:16] | to the opera fund-raiser on Friday night… | 去歌剧募捐会要穿什么吗 |
[00:17] | or is it Saturday? I’ll check my book. | 还是周六来着 我查一下记事本 |
[00:19] | A lovely linen shirt with my new Zegna suit. | 一件漂亮的亚麻衬衫配我全新的Zegna西装 |
[00:21] | That’s a funny word, “Zegna. “ | 这个词真有意思 “Zegna” |
[00:23] | The “G” Is silent. | “G”是不发音的 |
[00:24] | Silent “G” Like lasagna. | 就像千层面lasagna里面的”G”一样 |
[00:26] | – Niles? – Yes? | – Niles – 怎地 |
[00:28] | Do you notice that? | 你没注意到吗 |
[00:30] | You’ve been awfully chatty lately. | 你最近超级话痨 |
[00:32] | No, but Daphne mentioned it to me this morning. | 没 可是Daphne今天早上向我提过 |
[00:34] | Ooh, what about this one? | 哦 这个怎么样 |
[00:35] | Frasier, you really must make a decision. | Frasier 你真的必须得选一个了 |
[00:37] | We’ve been to six stores already. | 我们都逛了六家店了 |
[00:38] | Oh, and that reminds me. | 哦 这倒提醒我了 |
[00:39] | I must cancel our squash game tomorrow… | 我必须取消我们明天的壁球运动 |
[00:41] | Don’t you hear that? | 你自己听不见吗 |
[00:42] | Yes, now that you mention it, I do. | 听见了 经你这么一提 我确实听见了 |
[00:43] | It’s sort of like a nervous tic of some kind . | 像是一种什么神经性抽搐之类的 |
[00:45] | I wonder what could be causing it. | 我不知道是什么原因 |
[00:46] | Well, let’s see– you do have a baby on the way. | 好吧 我们想想 你确实快当爸爸了 |
[00:49] | Perhaps your incessant jabbering | 也许你这没完没了的絮叨 |
[00:51] | is just a way of distracting yourself | 只是一种转移对这件人生大事 |
[00:52] | from this life-changing event. | 注意力的方式 |
[00:55] | How could I have missed something so obvious? | 我怎么会忽视这么明显的问题 |
[00:57] | Well, it’s not so hard to believe. | 也没有那么难以置信吧 |
[01:00] | You were 15 before you realized there was a correlation | 你到15岁才发现你每天都挨揍 |
[01:02] | between getting beaten up every day | 和戴个巴拿马草帽去上学 |
[01:03] | and going to school in a Panama hat. | 是有必然联系的 |
[01:08] | – Niles! – Mm-hmm. | – Niles – 怎么 |
[01:10] | Does that woman look familiar to you? | 那位女士你看着眼熟吗 |
[01:12] | No, but you know what does? | 不 但你知道什么眼熟吗 |
[01:13] | This couch… we’re back where we started. | 这个沙发 我们转了一圈回来了 |
[01:14] | Will you pick something? | 你能不能赶紧选一个 |
[01:16] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[01:18] | That’s Ronee Lawrence. | 那是Ronee Lawrence |
[01:20] | Who? | 谁 |
[01:21] | She used to baby-sit for us. | 她当年是我们的保姆 |
[01:23] | Oh, my God. I-I had a crush on her. | 哦 天哪 我当时还喜欢她来着 |
[01:27] | She’s the first girl to ever break my heart. | 她是第一个让我心碎的女孩 |
[01:30] | I used to watch her through the banister | 我当年就透过栏杆看着她 |
[01:31] | making out with her boyfriend… Chad. | 和她男朋友Chad亲热 |
[01:36] | Ronee Lawrence Ronee Lawrence… | |
[01:38] | she’s the fiend who told me | 她就是给我讲那些 |
[01:40] | all those ghastly bedtime stories | 毛骨悚然的睡前故事的恶魔 |
[01:43] | about tiny insects that would crawl into my ears | 什么小虫子会爬进我耳朵 |
[01:45] | and eat my brain. | 吃掉我的大脑 |
[01:47] | Earwigs. | 蠼螋 |
[01:49] | I-I wore a football helmet to bed | 我听完那个之后的一个月 |
[01:51] | for a month after that. | 都戴着橄榄球头盔睡觉 |
[01:51] | Yes, yes, I know. | 是啊 是啊 我知道 |
[01:53] | You really had Dad’s hopes up there for a while. | 你当时真的给了老爸很大期望 |
[01:57] | Excuse me… are you Ronee Lawrence? | 不好意思 您是Ronee Lawrence吗 |
[02:00] | Well, that’s what it says on my driver’s… | 嗯 我驾照上确实是这么 |
[02:03] | Wait a sec. | 等一下 |
[02:05] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[02:06] | – Hello, Ronee. – Oh, my God, it is you! | – 你好 Ronee – 天哪 真的是你 |
[02:09] | Good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[02:10] | Niles and I were just… | 我和Niles只是 |
[02:11] | Niles… oh, my God. | Niles 哦 天哪 |
[02:13] | Little nervous Niles. | 紧张的小Niles |
[02:14] | I can’t believe it! | 我真不敢相信 |
[02:16] | Well, it’s all terribly true. | 确实是残忍的事实啊 |
[02:18] | Wow, you look fantastic. | 哇 你看上去棒极了 |
[02:20] | Oh, well, it’s a lot of work. | 哦 确实花了不少功夫 |
[02:21] | Of course it is– you know, exercise, dieting… | 这是当然 你也知道 要锻炼啊 节食啊 |
[02:24] | No, I’ve had a lot of work. | 不 是我花了不少功夫在脸上 |
[02:27] | Every time anything sags, drags or bags, | 每次有下垂啊 松弛啊 眼袋啊 |
[02:29] | I get Dr. Goldman right on top of it. | 我就直接涂Dr. Goldman |
[02:31] | And then I call a plastic surgeon. | 然后我就给整形医生打电话 |
[02:33] | Oh… that’s funny. | 哦 真是有趣 |
[02:35] | Well, it’s nice running into you. | 很高兴碰到你 |
[02:37] | Oh, Niles, we’ve got a moment, I think. | 哦 Niles 我想我们还有时间 |
[02:38] | So what have you been up to? | 那你最近在忙些什么呢 |
[02:40] | Oh, I sing and play the piano | 哦 我在威灵顿酒店 |
[02:41] | at the Wellington Hotel. | 弹钢琴唱歌 |
[02:42] | Oh, great, great. | 哦 太好了 太好了 |
[02:44] | Of course I know what you do, | 我当然知道你是做什么的啦 |
[02:45] | Mr. Big – Time Radio Shrink. | 大名鼎鼎的电台心理医生 |
[02:47] | Well, actually, I’m getting back into private practice as well. | 哦 事实上 我最近也要回到私人诊所工作了 |
[02:50] | In fact, we’re here today, | 其实我们今天来 |
[02:51] | picking out a couch for my new office. | 就是为了给我的新办公室挑沙发的 |
[02:53] | I saw you checking out the Barcaloungers. | 我看到你在挑苏丹式躺椅 |
[02:56] | You… buying a chair for your husband? | 你 是要给丈夫买吗 |
[03:00] | Only if it’s wired for electricity. | 要是通了高压电我就买 |
[03:02] | We’re divorced. | 我们离婚了 |
[03:03] | Oh… oh, well… | 哦 呃 |
[03:05] | You know, you must come by the house | 话说 你一定得来我家 |
[03:06] | to do a proper catch-up. | 好好叙叙旧 |
[03:08] | I know my Dad would love to see you again. | 我知道老爸一定会特高兴再见到你 |
[03:10] | Actually, I’m free tonight. | 其实我今晚就有空 |
[03:12] | Well, then how about cocktails around 7:00? | 那么7点钟左右喝杯鸡尾酒怎么样 |
[03:14] | I’m at the Elliot Bay Towers on the counterbalance. | 我住在counterbalance街的埃利奥特湾塔 |
[03:16] | Great. It’ll be just like old times, | 太好了 真是旧日重现啊 |
[03:18] | except you get to stay up late. | 除了现在你可以晚睡了 |
[03:20] | Hey, Niles, do you remember | 嘿 Niles 你还记得 |
[03:22] | when I used to tell you those scary bedtime stories? | 我以前给你讲的那些恐怖睡前故事吗 |
[03:25] | No, not really. | 不 不怎么记得了 |
[03:27] | Yeah, you thought there were earwig eggs | 是啊 你当时以为所有家具上 |
[03:30] | on all the furniture | 都有蠼螋卵 |
[03:31] | and you started taking one of those hankies out | 然后你就会拿出一条手帕 |
[03:33] | and wiping off all the chairs before you’d sit in them | 把所有椅子都擦一遍才敢坐下 |
[03:35] | because you were afraid that whoo-whoo-whoo. | 因为你害怕这样 噜噜噜噜 |
[03:40] | Nothing still. I’m sorry. | 还是不记得 不好意思 |
[03:43] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[03:43] | You know, for a while there, I was afraid | 要知道 当时有一阵 我还害怕 |
[03:45] | that maybe I’d scarred you for life. Bloop. | 可能这辈子都给你留下阴影了 吥噜 |
[03:49] | Well, I gotta run. I’ll see you guys tonight. | 好了 我得走了 咱们今晚再见 |
[03:51] | All right. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[03:55] | Okay, go ahead, Niles. | 好了 可以了 Niles |
[03:56] | Oh, she put her fingers in my ears… | 哦 她居然把手指伸进我耳朵里 |
[03:59] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[04:00] | Yeah, give it a good wipe. That’s it. | 是啊 好好擦擦 就这样 |
[04:06] | So, Frasier, did you find a couch? | 那么 Frasier 你选好沙发了吗 |
[04:08] | No. I must have tested 100 for him. | 没 我帮他试过得有上百个了 |
[04:11] | You know, have some sympathy, Niles. | 有点儿同情心 好吧 Niles |
[04:13] | Obviously my foot-dragging is a kind of avoidance. | 我对这事的拖延很明显是种逃避 |
[04:16] | After all, I haven’t been in private practice for 12 years. | 毕竟我有12年都没在私人诊所里工作过了 |
[04:19] | Maybe I don’t have the skills anymore. | 可能我已经不具备那些技能了 |
[04:20] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[04:21] | Your patients will never notice. | 你的病人是不会注意到的 |
[04:25] | Yes, well, if he doesn’t pick a couch soon, | 没错 要是他不赶紧挑个沙发的话 |
[04:27] | his patients will be lying on the floor. | 他的病人就得躺地上了 |
[04:28] | What is this? Oh, it’s olive tapenade, mmm. | 这是什么 哦 是橄榄酱 真好吃 |
[04:31] | You’re going to an awful lot of trouble | 对于今晚这种”有空来串串门” |
[04:32] | for a “Drop by sometime” Kind of evening. | 你也真是太煞费苦心了 |
[04:34] | Here, Daphne, try this one… Oh, try one… | 来 Daphne 尝尝这个 哦 尝尝这个 |
[04:35] | Oh-oh-oh, spring rolls. | 哦哦哦 春卷 |
[04:36] | … Oh, we found the best chinese restaurant today… | 哦 我们今天找到了最棒的一家中餐馆 |
[04:38] | – Niles! – Sorry, darling. | – Niles – 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[04:40] | Still got the gift of gab, I see. | 我看你的口才倒还是没丢哈 |
[04:43] | I really don’t know why you insisted we be here tonight. | 我真不明白你为什么坚持要我们今晚待在这儿 |
[04:46] | I just didn’t want Ronee to think | 我只是不想让Ronee觉得 |
[04:47] | I was coming on too strong. | 我表现得太过强烈 |
[04:48] | I was hoping this reunion might start a countdown | 我希望这次重聚将成为Crane空军 |
[04:52] | toward a future lift-off from cape crane-averal. | 基地中发射器倒计时的开始 |
[04:58] | If you tortured that metaphor any more, | 你要是再糟践这个比喻 |
[04:59] | you’d be before a tribunal in The Hague. | 就要被送上海牙国际法庭了 |
[05:02] | Oh, Dad, hey. | 哦 老爸 你好啊 |
[05:04] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 大伙好啊 |
[05:05] | Wow, what’s with the fancy spread? | 哇 摆这么花哨是要干嘛 |
[05:07] | Niles and I ran into Ronee Lawrence today | 今天我和Niles碰到了Ronee Lawrence |
[05:10] | and she’s coming over for cocktails. | 她要过来喝鸡尾酒 |
[05:11] | You remember– our old baby-sitter. | 你记得吗 我们以前的保姆 |
[05:12] | Oh, yeah, I remember Ronee. | 哦 是啊 我记得Ronee |
[05:14] | Pretty little thing, yeah. | 挺漂亮的小尤物 没错 |
[05:15] | How’s she looking these days? | 现在她看着怎么样 |
[05:17] | Had her eyes pulled so tight, | 她那眼角拉得那么紧 |
[05:18] | she could land a role in Flower Drum Song | 都可以去演<花鼓戏>了 |
[05:23] | She happens to look fabulous. | 她看着还是很漂亮 |
[05:25] | Which you will soon see for yourself. | 等下你自己看就知道了 |
[05:28] | She’s playing piano down at the Wellington. | 她现在在威灵顿酒店弹钢琴 |
[05:32] | Ronee, hi. Come on in. | Ronee 嗨 快请进 |
[05:34] | Good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[05:36] | Meet my sister-in-law, Daphne. | 这位是我弟妹 Daphne |
[05:37] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[05:39] | Remember my Dad? | 还记得我老爸吧 |
[05:40] | Oh, I sure do. How are you, Mr. Crane? | 哦 当然记得了 您好吗 Crane先生 |
[05:42] | It’s Marty and I’m just great. | 好得很 叫我Marty就好 |
[05:45] | Gee, you haven’t changed a bit. | 哎呀 你可真是一点儿都没变啊 |
[05:47] | Oh, yes, I have. I can legally drink now. | 哦 还是有变的 我现在可以合法喝酒了 |
[05:53] | Hint, hint. | 提示 提示 |
[05:54] | Oh, right. Would you like a glass of wine? | 哦 对了 你要来杯酒吗 |
[05:56] | Yes, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[05:56] | Dad, why don’t you get yourself a beer? | 老爸 你自己拿罐啤酒去吧 |
[05:58] | So, Ronee, what have you been doing all these years? | 那么 Ronee 你这些年都在干什么呢 |
[06:00] | Singing, mostly. | 主要是唱歌 |
[06:01] | I play at the RendeZvous Room | 我在威灵顿酒店的 |
[06:03] | down at the Wellington Hotel. | 聚会厅表演 |
[06:04] | Is that that place that revolves? | 就是那个会转的地方吗 |
[06:06] | It used to. It broke two years ago. | 以前会 两年前就坏了 |
[06:08] | That’s terrific. | 真是太好笑了 |
[06:10] | Yeah, I had a couple of shots at the big time: | 是啊 当年我登台表演过几次 |
[06:12] | You know, sang in some swanky rooms. | 你知道 在一些奢华的场所唱歌 |
[06:14] | I even made an album: “Ronee Lawrence: | 我还出过张专辑呢 “Ronee Lawrence |
[06:17] | Mood Swings. “ | 情绪摇摆(波动)” |
[06:21] | It sold about seven copies | 大概卖出去了七张吧 |
[06:23] | and that’s when Ronee Lawrence had herself a real mood swing. | 然后Ronee Lawrence就真的情绪波动了 |
[06:27] | Well, I’m sure the album was just wonderful. | 我相信那张专辑一定非常棒 |
[06:30] | You know, maybe I could interest you | 话说 你等会儿有没有兴趣 |
[06:31] | in a duet a little later? | 和我来个二重唱 |
[06:33] | Oh, that’d be fun. | 哦 那肯定很有趣 |
[06:34] | Wouldn’t it, though? | 对吧 |
[06:35] | I have a feeling that our musical styles just might harmo… | 我有种感觉我们的音乐风格会相当和 |
[06:38] | So, Ronee, I’ll bet | 我说 Ronee 你在 |
[06:39] | you really wow ’em at the RendeZvous. | 聚会厅的表演肯定是艳惊四座吧 |
[06:40] | Well, you know it’s not exactly Carnegie Hall. | 你也知道那儿毕竟又不是卡内基音乐厅 |
[06:43] | Most of them are half in the bag | 他们大多数已经醉醺醺的 |
[06:44] | and just trying not to spill their drinks. | 只顾着别把自己的酒洒出来而已 |
[06:46] | And I’m just talking about the cocktail waitresses. | 我说的还只是酒吧女招待而已 |
[06:49] | This girl’s a riot! | 这妹子真逗 |
[06:52] | Dad, could you help me | 老爸 你能不能 |
[06:53] | with something in the kitchen? | 来厨房帮我一下 |
[06:54] | – Now? – Right now. | – 现在吗 – 就现在 |
[06:56] | Hey, don’t be too long, you two. | 嘿 别去太久 你们两个 |
[06:59] | Mama likes an audience. | 妈咪喜欢有观众在场 |
[07:00] | Good, ’cause Daddy likes to watch. | 太好了 因为爹地就喜欢观赏 |
[07:05] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你觉得你是干什么呢 |
[07:07] | I was working my magic on her. | 我在向她施展我的魅力啊 |
[07:08] | Why are you so upset? | 你这么生气干嘛 |
[07:09] | Because I’m working a little magic of my own | 因为我也在施展自己的魅力 |
[07:11] | and your magic is mucking up my magic. | 你施展的把我施展的给搅乱了 |
[07:13] | I thought you brought her here for me. | 我还以为你是把她带来给我的 |
[07:16] | Since when do I “Bring” You women? | 从什么时候我开始给你”带”女人了 |
[07:20] | What are you, the Sultan of Brunei? | 以为你是谁 文莱苏丹啊 |
[07:26] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:28] | What? | 什么 |
[07:29] | Oh, you’re kidding. | 哦 你在开玩笑吧 |
[07:32] | Yeah… yeah, okay, now I guess, yeah. | 好吧 好吧 我想可以 |
[07:34] | – I’ll see you in a bit. – Something wrong? | – 等会儿见 – 出什么事了吗 |
[07:36] | Oh, I have to go into work. | 哦 我得去工作了 |
[07:37] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[07:38] | The guy who fills in on my night off called in sick. | 今晚替我那人请病假了 |
[07:41] | – Oh, no. – Sorry. | – 哦 不是吧 – 真遗憾 |
[07:43] | Promise me we’ll do this again. | 答应我咱们一定要下次再聚 |
[07:44] | – Oh, you know we will. – Count on that. | – 哦 你知道我们肯定会的 – 一言为定 |
[07:47] | couldn’t keep us away. | 你甩不掉我们的 |
[07:48] | Frasier, you owe me a duet. | Frasier 你还欠我个二重唱呢 |
[07:50] | It was great to see you, Marty. | 很高兴见到你 Marty |
[07:51] | You should all come down to the club sometime. | 你们有空都来俱乐部玩玩吧 |
[07:53] | You can count on that, too. | 这个也一言为定 |
[07:55] | We’ll be there with bells on. | 我们都等不及了 |
[07:57] | Bye. | 拜 |
[07:57] | Bye-bye. See you later. | 再见 回见 |
[08:02] | I can’t believe the way you are humiliating yourself, | 简直不敢相信你是这么恬不知耻 |
[08:05] | a man your age. | 都这么大岁数了 |
[08:06] | Hey, she was flirting with me. | 嘿 她在跟我调情好吗 |
[08:08] | She was flirting with me. | 她是在跟我调情 |
[08:10] | You just got caught in the crossfire. | 你只不过是中枪的路人好吗 |
[08:12] | Daphne, you saw it, which one of us was she attracted to? | Daphne 你也看到了 她到底是喜欢我们俩谁 |
[08:15] | How stupid do you think I am? | 你觉得我是有多傻 |
[08:17] | Does it say “Stupid” On me forehead? | 我脑门子上写着”傻”字吗 |
[08:20] | Fine. If you insist on humiliating yourself, how’s this: | 好 如果你执意要自取其辱的话 这样如何 |
[08:23] | I’ll invite Ronee over for dinner this weekend | 我这周末邀请Ronee来吃晚饭 |
[08:25] | and she can choose for herself. | 让她自己选择 |
[08:27] | – Agreed? – Fine. | – 同意吗 – 好 |
[08:29] | Make sure she brings a friend so there’s someone for you. | 别忘了让她带个朋友 省得你没人陪 |
[08:33] | I’m going to McGinty’s. | 我去McGinty酒吧了 |
[08:39] | You don’t suppose he’s sneaking down | 你们觉得他不会偷偷 |
[08:40] | to the RendeZvous, do you? | 溜去聚会厅吧 |
[08:42] | No. Only a scoundrel | 不 只有无赖 |
[08:43] | would violate a gentleman’s agreement that way. | 才会用这种方式破坏绅士之间的约定 |
[08:46] | Quite right. | 说得没错 |
[08:47] | Dad is nothing if not an honorable man. | 老爸绝对是个可敬之人 |
[08:50] | I don’t know what I was thinking. | 不知道我自己在瞎想什么 |
[08:53] | Can we give you a lift down there? | 需要我们顺路带你去那儿看看吗 |
[08:54] | No, I want to freshen up first. | 不 我要先梳洗一下 |
[08:56] | See yourselves out. | 自己走吧 不送 |
[09:02] | *Don’t change a hair for me* | *一根头发都不要为我改变* |
[09:08] | You’ve only got the two. | 你就那么两根 |
[09:12] | *Not if you care for me…* | *只要你真心在意我* |
[09:15] | It’s a good thing you’ve got money. | 幸好你有钱 |
[09:18] | *Stay, little valentine, stay…* | *留下吧 我的小情人 留下* |
[09:27] | Like you’ve got anywhere else to be. | 你又没别的地方可去 |
[09:31] | *Each day is Valentine’s Day* | *每一天都是情人节* |
[09:45] | I’m going to take a little break. | 我要稍微休息一下 |
[09:47] | Try not to kill yourselves from disappointment, hmm? | 你们可别失望地自杀了 好吧 |
[09:50] | Hey! Frasier, what a nice surprise. | 嘿 Frasier 真是个惊喜啊 |
[09:53] | I guess I just didn’t want our little reunion to end so abruptly. | 我只是不希望我们的重逢结束得如此突然 |
[09:55] | Well, you’re not the only one. | 可不止你一个人这么想 |
[09:57] | I had a feeling you might say that. | 我有预感你会这么说 |
[09:59] | There you go, Ronee. | 给你 Ronee |
[10:00] | – Thanks. – Hey, Fras. | – 谢谢 – 嘿 Fras |
[10:02] | – Dad! – Yeah, Marty didn’t want to call it a night, either. | – 老爸 – 是啊 Marty也不想就此结束 |
[10:05] | He’s quite the party guy. | 他可是个派对达人呢 |
[10:07] | Walter, you’re alive! | Walter 你还活着啊 |
[10:10] | You said you were going to McGinty’s. | 你说你要去McGinty酒吧的 |
[10:12] | How long have you been here? | 你在这里多久了 |
[10:13] | 45 minutes– you shouldn’t have spent | 45分钟 你真不该 |
[10:14] | so much time on your hair, Louise. | 在头发上花那么多时间的 Louise |
[10:17] | So, boys, who needs a drink? | 那么 小伙子们 谁想喝一杯 |
[10:18] | Yeah, I’ll have another beer. | 我想再来杯啤酒 |
[10:20] | You know, Dad, you really ought to slow down there. | 话说 老爸 你真该悠着点儿了 |
[10:22] | You know, at his age, | 你也知道 在他这个岁数 |
[10:23] | one slip and it’s the ICU | 滑一跤就得重症监护室见了 |
[10:24] | and then it’s “I see you later”. | 然后就是”不知什么时候再见”了 |
[10:27] | Well, I wouldn’t worry about me, Fras. | 我倒不会担心我自己 Fras |
[10:29] | I don’t feel any older now than I did | 我可没感觉现在比当初你 |
[10:31] | when you were parading around in your mother’s heels. | 穿着你妈高跟鞋上街游行时老多少 |
[10:33] | Oh, well… | 这个嘛 |
[10:35] | ‘course, that was just last Christmas. | 当然了 那还是去年圣诞节的事 |
[10:39] | Listen, I’ve got to do another set. | 话说 我得再上场表演了 |
[10:40] | Are you going to stick around? | 你们要多留一会儿吗 |
[10:41] | – Oh, you bet we are. – Yeah, sure, | – 哦 当然了 – 会啊 肯定的 |
[10:42] | – wouldn’t miss it. – Oh, absolutely, yeah | – 怎么能错过呢 – 哦 绝对的 |
[10:44] | Ronee got me a ringside table right next to her. | Ronee给我在她舞台旁边留了个座位 |
[10:46] | And that’s because I want you | 那是因为我希望你 |
[10:47] | and your pockets right near my tip jar. | 和你的钱包能离我的小费罐近一点 |
[10:49] | Oh, you’re after my money, huh? | 哦 原来你是冲着我的钱来的 哈 |
[10:51] | Say, Ronee, it’s such a beautiful piano. | 话说 Ronee 这钢琴真漂亮 |
[10:54] | It’s a shame we didn’t get a chance to do our duet. | 真可惜我们没找到机会二重唱 |
[10:56] | – Well, let’s do it now. – Really? | – 那我们现在来吧 – 真的 |
[10:58] | Sure. You don’t mind scrunching, do you? | 当然了 你不介意挤一点吧 |
[11:00] | My bench is a little small. | 我的琴凳有点小 |
[11:02] | I don’t mind scrunching at all. | 我完全不介意挤一点 |
[11:07] | Hey, listen, is it just me | 嘿 听着 是我想多了 |
[11:08] | or am I getting some signals here tonight? | 还是我今晚真的收到了某种信号 |
[11:11] | Oh, it is most definitely not just you. | 哦 绝对不止你一个人感受到了 |
[11:15] | Hi, drinkers. I’m back. | 嗨 酒鬼们 我回来了 |
[11:18] | And no, no, you’re not seeing double, for once– | 不 不 别慌 你们不是看见双影 起码这次不是 |
[11:21] | I have a guest with me tonight. | 今晚有位嘉宾和我一起 |
[11:23] | Believe it or not, I used to baby-sit this guy. | 信不信由你 我当年可给这位做过保姆 |
[11:26] | I know. I know. How does she stay so young? | 我知道 我知道 她是怎么保持这么年轻的 |
[11:30] | Dr. Goldman! | Goldman医生 |
[11:32] | Aren’t they adorable? | 他们可爱吧 |
[11:34] | Please welcome Dr. Frasier Crane. | 请大家欢迎Frasier Crane医生 |
[11:40] | You know this one? | 知道这首歌吗 |
[11:41] | Oh, I love this song. | 哦 我超爱这首的 |
[11:42] | Oh, me, too. | 哦 我也是 |
[11:43] | You know, and I’d like to sing it to someone special | 知道吗 我想把这首歌献给今晚在场的 |
[11:45] | who’s here tonight, but, well, | 一位特别的人 但是 |
[11:47] | I’m afraid it might embarrass him. | 我怕这可能会让他尴尬 |
[11:49] | Oh, I’m sure your special someone would just love to hear it. | 哦 我肯定你这位特别的人会很乐意的 |
[11:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:54] | Okay, then, here goes. | 那好吧 现在开始 |
[11:59] | *I get no kick from champagne* | *香槟对我索然无味* |
[12:05] | *Mere alcohol doesn’t thrill me at all* | *仅仅酒精也让我不为所动* |
[12:10] | *So tell me, then* | *那么告诉我* |
[12:13] | *Why should it be true* | *为什么会这样* |
[12:17] | *That I get a kick* | *打动我心的* |
[12:22] | *Out of you* | *却只有你* |
[12:29] | *I think you’re cute* | *我觉得你很可爱* |
[12:31] | *Marty Crane* *Marty Crane* | |
[12:36] | *I think that if your poor hip wasn’t stiff* | *我想如果你那可怜的臀部不那么僵硬* |
[12:40] | *You could dance just terrifically, too* | *你的舞姿也一定艳惊四座* |
[12:46] | *And I get a kick out of you.* | *你真的打动了我的心* |
[12:57] | I’d like a “T.” | 我想要个”T” |
[13:03] | I’d like to buy a vowel. | 我想买个元音字母 |
[13:06] | Frasier? Do you realize the door is wide open? | Frasier 你没发现大门就这么敞开着吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah. | 发现了 |
[13:11] | Pizza guy forgot to close it when he left. | 送披萨的出去的时候忘了关了 |
[13:14] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[13:16] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[13:17] | We had plans to watch Don Giovannion PBS. | 我们说好要看PBS台的<唐·乔瓦尼>的 |
[13:20] | I’m kind of into Wheel of Fortune right now. | 我现在比较爱看<幸运大转轮> |
[13:24] | Wow, you look awfully dapper. | 哇 你看着可真精神啊 |
[13:26] | Yeah, I’m meeting a friend. | 是啊 我要去见个朋友 |
[13:28] | Dad, you don’t have to be so coy. | 老爸 你用不着这么遮遮掩掩的 |
[13:30] | I know where you’re going. | 我知道你要去哪儿 |
[13:31] | I’m having dinner with Ronee. | 我要和Ronee去吃晚餐 |
[13:34] | – So things are going well? – Oh, yeah. | – 看来进展得很不错啊 – 哦 是啊 |
[13:35] | Great, great. | 好极了 好极了 |
[13:37] | Turns out she had a crush on me | 原来当年她给你们 |
[13:38] | back in the days she used to sit with you boys. | 当保姆的时候就喜欢上我了 |
[13:42] | Well, I better scoot. | 好了 我得赶紧走了 |
[13:44] | See you, boys. | 再见了 孩子们 |
[13:45] | Bye, Dad. | 再见 老爸 |
[13:48] | Ooh, are those profiteroles? | 哦 那些是泡芙吗 |
[13:55] | Sorry. Did you want one? | 抱歉 你也想吃吗 |
[13:58] | No, but thanks for offering. | 不 但谢谢你的好意 |
[13:59] | Frasier, what’s going on with you? | Frasier 你是怎么了 |
[14:02] | You’re showing classic signs of depression. | 你表现出了典型的抑郁症状 |
[14:04] | That’s because I’m depressed you nit. | 因为我抑郁了啊 你个傻蛋 |
[14:07] | But why? | 但是为什么 |
[14:09] | Ronee and you aren’t compatible. | 你和Ronee又不配 |
[14:11] | You have few interests in common. | 你们都没什么共同爱好 |
[14:13] | She’s as coarse as sandpaper.. | 她粗俗得像张砂纸 |
[14:13] | I know. I know there was no future for me and Ronee. | 我知道 我知道我和Ronee没有未来可言 |
[14:16] | .. It’s just. | 只不过 |
[14:17] | I’m depressed, Niles. | 我很沮丧 Niles |
[14:19] | I… I… | 我 我 |
[14:20] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[14:24] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[14:25] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[14:27] | Wait a minute. | 等 一 下 |
[14:31] | I think I can make a really great sandwich | 我想我用所有吃剩的酸辣酱 |
[14:33] | out of all of my leftover chutneys. | 能做个超棒的三明治 |
[14:36] | Frasier, you have got to snap out of this. | Frasier 你必须得摆脱这种状态 |
[14:39] | You start seeing patients soon. | 你马上就要开始接病人了 |
[14:41] | You realize you’re only using food to fill a void… | 你知道你现在只是利用食物来填补空虚的 |
[14:43] | Oh! I forgot to void that check to the dry cleaner. | 哦 我忘了把给干洗店的那张支票作废了 |
[14:45] | I got my camel coat home. | 我把我的驼毛大衣拿回家 |
[14:47] | It had a spot the size of a Krugerrand. | 上面有个克鲁格金币那么大的污点 |
[14:48] | I know for a fact it was not there when… | 我肯定送之前是没 |
[14:49] | Niles Niles. | |
[14:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:54] | What are you doing with Dad’s velveeta? | 你拿着老爸的人工奶酪要干什么 |
[14:55] | What do you think I’m doing with it? I’m going to eat it | 你觉得我要干什么 我要吃了它 |
[14:58] | Okay, Frasier, this isn’t funny anymore. | 好了 Frasier 现在已经不好笑了 |
[15:02] | Oh, my God. | 哦 老天爷 |
[15:02] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[15:05] | It’s viagra. | 是伟哥 |
[15:08] | They give that away with velveeta? | 买人工奶酪还送这个 |
[15:15] | No. | 不 |
[15:17] | It’s a prescription for Martin crane. | 是给Martin Crane开的处方药 |
[15:21] | Why do you suppose he would put it in here? | 你说他为什么要放在这里 |
[15:22] | Hiding it, I assume. | 藏起来吧 我估计 |
[15:24] | What better place than a box | 还有什么藏匿地点能 |
[15:25] | that Pandora herself would be loath to open. | 比潘多拉本尊都不愿打开的盒子更好的 |
[15:29] | It’s Dad! | 是老爸 |
[15:33] | Put it away! | 快收起来 |
[15:37] | Right, right. | 好了 好了 |
[15:44] | Dad, what are you doing back so soon? | 老爸 你怎么这么快就回来了 |
[15:47] | I forgot something. | 我忘了件东西 |
[15:50] | My, um… brella. | 我的 呃 雨伞 |
[15:54] | Well, you’re certainly not going to find it in the kitchen. | 在厨房你肯定是找不到的 |
[15:56] | No, I guess not. | 是啊 我想也是 |
[16:05] | Oh, I just remembered– | 哦 我刚想起来 |
[16:07] | Ronee wanted me to get her an appetizer. | Ronee想让我带点开胃菜 |
[16:10] | What looks good? | 带什么好呢 |
[16:11] | Oh, velvetta. That goes with anything. | 哦 就人工奶酪吧 百搭无误 |
[16:13] | All right, well… | 好了 |
[16:14] | You boys have got your opera that you want to watch, | 你们孩子还有想看的歌剧 |
[16:17] | so I’ll just get out of your way. | 我就不妨碍你们了 |
[16:20] | See you later. | 回见 |
[16:24] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[16:25] | Okay, okay… | 没事 没事 |
[16:26] | We’ve got time to think. | 我们还有时间考虑 |
[16:26] | It’s going to take him a while to discover that the pills… | 他得过一阵子才会发现药不 |
[16:38] | All right, where is it? | 好了 藏哪儿去了 |
[16:39] | Frasier took them. | Frasier拿的 |
[16:43] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[16:43] | This is pretty funny to you, huh? | 你们觉得挺好玩儿 是吧 |
[16:45] | – No, sir. – Then what is it? | – 不是 爸 – 那是怎么回事 |
[16:47] | You’re still so sore about Ronee, | 你还对Ronee的事愤愤不平 |
[16:48] | you’re trying to mess things up for me? | 成心要破坏我的好事 |
[16:49] | No, Dad, I found them by accident. | 不是 老爸 我是偶然发现的 |
[16:51] | I tried to put them back. | 我本来想放回去的 |
[16:52] | I didn’t mean to embarrass you. | 不是故意想让你难堪 |
[16:54] | Here. | 给 |
[16:55] | Oh, forget it. | 哦 算了吧 |
[16:56] | I’m just going to cancel with Ronee. | 我就取消与Ronee的约会好了 |
[16:58] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[16:59] | No, the whole night’s ruined anyway. | 算了 反正整个晚上已经毁了 |
[17:01] | But the important thing is you boys had your little laugh. | 不过重要的是你们可有笑料了 |
[17:05] | Well, I’m glad someone enjoyed it, | 很高兴至少有人乐在其中 |
[17:07] | because I’m starting to think | 因为我开始觉得 |
[17:08] | that it’s just too much trouble. | 这事实在是太麻烦了 |
[17:10] | I’m just going to break it off. | 我还是就此打住吧 |
[17:13] | Why would you do that, Dad? | 你为什么要这样 老爸 |
[17:15] | I mean, you’re not going to let what happened tonight | 我是说 你不会因为今晚发生的事 |
[17:17] | end things with Ronee, are you? | 就跟Ronee结束吧 |
[17:20] | Is there something else going on here? | 还发生了什么别的事吗 |
[17:26] | .. Well, I don’t know. I… | 哎 我也不知道 我 |
[17:31] | Ronee and I have been getting kind of close this week, and… | 我和Ronee这周越发亲密了 |
[17:34] | Last night we started fooling around | 昨晚我们就开始亲热了起来 |
[17:37] | and it was great. | 开始感觉很好 |
[17:39] | I mean, I was rounding the bases. | 我是说 我已经跑过一垒又一垒 |
[17:43] | The coach was waving me in. | 教练正挥手让我勇往直前呢 |
[17:44] | There wasn’t even going to be a play at the plate… | 几乎什么都不用做 眼看就触到本垒 |
[17:47] | Dad, it’s us. | 老爸 您在对牛弹琴 |
[17:49] | Oh, right. | 哦 对 |
[17:52] | …Well, anyway, that’s when something happened. | 不管怎么说 那时发生了件事 |
[17:56] | …Or didn’t happen, | 或是该出的事没出 |
[17:57] | which has never not happened before. So… | 以前从来不会这样 所以 |
[18:02] | I decided today to go out to get some… | 我今天决定出去买些 |
[18:05] | cheese. | 奶酪 |
[18:10] | I just couldn’t stop picturing her the way she looked | 我就是没法不去想象 |
[18:13] | when she was a teenager. | 她十多岁时候的样子 |
[18:14] | It was creepy. | 太诡异了 |
[18:17] | And even with… | 而且即使有了 |
[18:19] | cheese, | 奶酪 |
[18:21] | I don’t think I’d ever feel good about being with her. | 我想我在她身边也永远会感到不自在 |
[18:27] | Dad, when she was baby-sitting for us, | 老爸 她给我们当保姆的时候 |
[18:29] | did you ever notice her? | 你有注意过她吗 |
[18:30] | Yeah, she was a very pretty girl. | 当然了 是个很漂亮的小姑娘 |
[18:33] | And did Mom ever notice you noticing? | 那老妈有发现你在注意她吗 |
[18:34] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 有啊 |
[18:36] | Even had a fight once about it. | 还为此吵过一架呢 |
[18:37] | Well, there you are. | 这就是了 |
[18:39] | You’re still feeling guilt and shame | 你还是因为那么多年前 |
[18:41] | for being attracted to her all those years ago. | 曾被她吸引过而感到内疚和羞愧 |
[18:43] | But she’s an adult now, | 但她现在是个成年人了 |
[18:45] | and you really should allow yourself | 你真的应该允许自己 |
[18:46] | to explore these feelings. | 去探究这些感觉 |
[18:48] | Very good, Frasier. | 分析得很好 Frasier |
[18:52] | Thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 Niles |
[18:53] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[18:55] | perhaps my depression over losing Ronee | 也许我对于得不到Ronee的抑郁 |
[18:58] | was actually rooted in my feelings for her from long ago as well. | 其实也是源于很久以前我对她的感觉 |
[19:04] | After all, she’s the first woman to reject me, | 毕竟 她是拒绝我的第一个女人 |
[19:06] | though she never knew it. | 可是她压根儿就不知道 |
[19:07] | I… | 我 |
[19:09] | Perhaps by pursuing her again, | 也许我是希望通过再次 |
[19:12] | I was hoping to undo that first rejection, | 追求她来消除第一次被拒所产生的影响 |
[19:16] | thereby erasing all the subsequent rejections in my life | 由此来抹煞掉我之后遇到的所有拒绝 |
[19:19] | and giving myself a much needed short of self-esteem. | 重建我自身极度需要的自尊心 |
[19:23] | Did you hear that?! | 你们听见没 |
[19:27] | My analytical skills are on fire! | 我的分析技巧简直冲天了 |
[19:30] | Your own-horn-tooting skills haven’t abandoned you either. | 你自吹自擂的技巧也未曾离开啊 |
[19:33] | So much for worrying about whether I’m ready to get back | 纠结于我是否已经准备好回到私人诊所工作 |
[19:35] | into private practice. | 简直是庸人自扰 |
[19:36] | The answer is a resounding yes. | 答案是一句响亮的肯定 |
[19:38] | Well, you better be sure | 你最好能确定 |
[19:39] | because it’s a completely different animal, and… | 因为这可是完全不同的领域了 |
[19:41] | I just remembered the Zoo’s having a fund-raiser. | 我刚想起来林地公园动物园要举办募捐会 |
[19:42] | I signed you up for $200. That’s the safari level. | 我给你报名了200美元的 那是野游级别的 |
[19:44] | You know who has malaria? | 你知道谁得疟疾了吗 |
[19:46] | – Niles! – Missus… | – Niles – 就是那位 |
[19:47] | Do you realize that your babbling kicks in | 你有没有发现只要我提到 |
[19:48] | whenever I mention my return to private practice? | 回私人诊所工作的时候 你就突然开始唠叨了 |
[19:52] | Perhaps this condition | 也许你这种状况 |
[19:53] | of yours has less to do with baby jitters | 跟要当爸爸没那么大关系 |
[19:55] | and more to do with my entering your domain. | 而是对我进入你的领域更有关系 |
[19:57] | My God! | 天哪 |
[20:00] | If I get any hotter, | 我要是燃烧得更猛烈些 |
[20:01] | I’m going to set off the sprinklers! | 就要触发灭火喷水器了 |
[20:04] | Oh, get over yourself! Why shouldn’t I be anxious? | 哦 别自以为是了 我为什么不该紧张 |
[20:07] | Can’t I ever have one thing that’s just mine? | 就不能有一件东西是只属于我自己的吗 |
[20:09] | – Niles… – It’s like when I discovered backgammon or fencing… | – Niles – 就像当初是我发现双陆棋或者击剑一样 |
[20:12] | Niles! Relax. | Niles 放松 |
[20:16] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[20:18] | You are an excellent psychiatrist. | 你是个极其优秀的心理医生 |
[20:20] | I couldn’t eclipse you if I tried. | 我再怎么努力也不会遮盖住你的光芒 |
[20:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:26] | You’re sure? | 你确定 |
[20:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:32] | Splendid. | 极好 |
[20:33] | And, Dad, | 还有 老爸 |
[20:34] | you should go down and see Ronee. | 你应该去见Ronee |
[20:36] | She must like you an awful lot… | 她一定是非常非常喜欢你 |
[20:39] | considering who she passed up. | 鉴于她为你而拒绝的某人 |
[20:42] | I don’t know. I know it sounds crazy, | 我也不知道 我知道听起来很扯 |
[20:44] | but I just keep seeing her in that ponytail | 但我总是想起她扎着马尾辫 |
[20:46] | and that parochial school uniform. | 穿着教区学校校服的样子 |
[20:50] | Ronee didn’t go to parochial school. | Ronee没上过教区学校 |
[20:52] | She didn’t? | 她没上过 |
[20:53] | No, that was our other baby-sitter– Sally. | 不 那是我们另一个保姆 Sally |
[20:55] | Oh, right. Sally the slut. | 哦 对了 荡妇Sally |
[20:59] | I liked her. | 我真喜欢她啊 |
[21:03] | You mean all this time I’ve been thinking | 你是说这么长时间我一直把她 |
[21:05] | she was someone else? | 当成另一个人了 |
[21:07] | See ya. | 回见了您 |
[21:10] | Dad, don’t you want your cheese? | 老爸 你不用拿奶酪了吗 |
[21:11] | No, thanks, boys, | 不了 谢谢 孩子们 |
[21:13] | but I’m working without a net. | 这次我要自己放手一搏 |