时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, you’re looking a little under the weather. | 嘿 你看起来有点身体不适 |
[00:12] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[00:13] | He most certainly is not. | 他肯定不好 |
[00:15] | He dined on that lovely can of bacon fat | 他吃了那罐美味的培根油 |
[00:16] | you’ve been hiding under the sink. | 那罐你藏在水槽下面的 |
[00:17] | Aw, geez. Poor little guy. | 噢 天 可怜的小家伙 |
[00:21] | You know bacon grease is bad for dogs. | 你知道培根脂肪对狗不好的 |
[00:24] | Ironic, considering its vast health benefits for humans. | 讽刺的是 它对人可有巨大好处 |
[00:31] | Hello. Hi, guys. Hello. | 哈喽 嗨 大伙 哈喽 |
[00:33] | Hey. Sorry we’re late. | 嘿 抱歉我们来迟了 |
[00:34] | Well, that’s all right. | 没关系 |
[00:35] | We’re not having lunch until 1:15. | 我们要1点15分才吃午饭 |
[00:37] | Oh, great. | 噢 好 |
[00:39] | Oh, long night, Niles? | 噢 昨晚睡不好吗 Niles |
[00:40] | Oh, a bit. We were out at a party last night. | 噢 有点吧 我们昨晚在外面参加派对 |
[00:43] | At Bill Gates’ house. | 在比尔盖茨的家 |
[00:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:50] | Some sort of charity event? | 一些慈善活动吗 |
[00:53] | Oh, no, just a few people over for dinner. | 哦不 就是一些人吃顿饭 |
[00:58] | His wife has been following Maris’s case, | 他妻子在追看Maris的案子 |
[01:00] | and she wanted to meet us. | 她想见见我们 |
[01:02] | It seems the story’s captured everyone’s imagination. | 看起来这故事留给每个人很多想象空间 |
[01:05] | People want to get the inside scoop. | 人们都想知道些独家内幕 |
[01:07] | Their house is enormous. | 他们的房子十分巨大 |
[01:09] | I got lost going to the loo, | 我去洗手间的时候迷路了 |
[01:11] | but a voice in the wall guided me back. | 但墙里传来的声音引导我回来 |
[01:16] | Sounds like fun. | 听起来很有趣 |
[01:17] | Anyway, I thought after lunch | 总之 我想吃完午饭之后 |
[01:19] | we might stop by the museum | 我们去一趟博物馆 |
[01:20] | for the Goya exhibit. | 看Goya的展览 |
[01:22] | Actually, we’re going | 事实上 我们明晚 |
[01:24] | tomorrow night with the Blenkinsops. | 要和Blenkinsop一家去 |
[01:26] | Tomorrow? But… | 明天 但 |
[01:28] | the museum’s closed tomorrow. | 博物馆明天闭馆了啊 |
[01:30] | Not for Bunny and Bruce. | 对Bunny和Bruce俩可不闭哦 |
[01:33] | Well. Oh. | 好吧 噢 |
[01:35] | With all the rarefied elbows you’ve been rubbing like that, | 你们最近跟高雅人士交往甚多 |
[01:37] | I’m surprised you could find the time for lunch | 我很惊讶你们能找到时间 |
[01:39] | with a commoner like me. | 和我一介平民吃午饭 |
[01:40] | Oh, no, stop, but if we could get going, | 噢 不 别这么说 不过如果我们能先走 |
[01:43] | I have a perfume launch at 4:00. | 我4点有个香水发布会 |
[01:44] | Oh. | 噢 |
[01:50] | It’s a pretty lady holding some mail. | 是一个漂亮女人拿着些信件 |
[01:53] | Oh, you didn’t pull that trick again, did you? | 噢 你是不是又在玩那个把戏 |
[01:56] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[01:58] | Step aside. Don’t let her slip it under the door. | 走开 不要让她从门缝里塞进来啊 |
[02:03] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[02:03] | Hi. Sorry to disturb you. | 嗨 抱歉打扰你 |
[02:04] | Some of your mail got mixed in with mine. | 你有些信件跟我的混在一起了 |
[02:06] | Oh, dear. How did that happen? | 噢 亲爱的 怎么会这样的呢 |
[02:07] | Some of it just seemed to be jammed in there. | 好像有些是被人用力塞进去的 |
[02:09] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[02:12] | Really? Well, you know, | 真的么 好吧 |
[02:12] | we must make allowances for our mailman. | 我们一定要体谅一下我们的邮递员 |
[02:14] | He’s a veteran. | 他是个退休老兵了 |
[02:18] | So, uh… | 那么 嗯 |
[02:19] | my name’s Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:20] | Caroline Harwich Caroline Harwich. | |
[02:21] | Nice to meet you, and this is my family. | 很高兴见到你 这是我的家人 |
[02:23] | My father, Martin Crane. | 我父亲Martin Crane |
[02:24] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:25] | My sister-in-law, Daphne, | 我弟媳Daphne |
[02:26] | and my brother, Niles. | 我弟弟Niles |
[02:29] | You look awfully familiar. Have we met? | 你看起来非常脸熟 我们见过吗 |
[02:30] | I am somewhat of a media figure. | 我也算是个公众媒体人物 |
[02:32] | No, your brother. | 不 你弟弟 |
[02:35] | Oh, you’re Niles Crane from that big murder case. | 噢 你是Niles Crane 那个有名的谋杀案里的 |
[02:37] | I saw you on the news. | 我在新闻上见过你 |
[02:38] | Mmm. He’s been on three times this week. | 嗯 这周他已经第三次上新闻了 |
[02:40] | He’s practically famous. | 他都算得上出名了 |
[02:41] | Oh, well… hardly famous. | 哦 一点也不算出名 |
[02:44] | Yes, my brother doesn’t like to toot his own horn. | 是啊 我弟弟不喜欢自吹自擂 |
[02:46] | You know, I was discussing that very personality type today | 你知道么 我今天还在谈论这种人格类型 |
[02:49] | on my very popular radio show. | 就在我很受欢迎的电台节目里呢 |
[02:52] | Oh, right, right– Dr. Frasier Crane. | 噢 对 对 Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:55] | Yes, my mother listens to you. | 对 我母亲听你的节目 |
[02:56] | Oh. | 噢 |
[02:59] | Well, anyway, it was nice meeting you all. | 好吧 很高兴见到你们 |
[03:00] | Yes, likewise. Take care. Bye-bye. | 是的 彼此彼此 保重 拜拜 |
[03:02] | Yes, bye. | 好 拜 |
[03:05] | You know, isn’t it nice to know | 难道不该高兴么 |
[03:06] | there are still honest people in the world? | 世界上还是有些诚实的人的 |
[03:07] | How come your mail never gets mixed up | 为什么你的邮件从来不会 |
[03:09] | with that sweaty fat guy’s upstairs? | 跟楼上那个老是出汗的胖家伙混在一起 |
[03:13] | We should, we should really be going. | 我们真的应该马上走了 |
[03:14] | Yes, yes, you know, I’m afraid | 是的 是 我恐怕 |
[03:16] | we’ll have to be lunching at Vindaloo. | 我们要在凡奴餐厅吃午餐了 |
[03:17] | I couldn’t get us in at le Toque. | 我没在厨帽餐厅订到位置 |
[03:19] | Oh… | 噢 |
[03:19] | Oh, no… | 噢 不 |
[03:21] | Well, you know, maybe I should call. | 要不吧 也许我打一下电话 |
[03:22] | I’ve had the best luck with restaurants lately. | 我最近订餐馆位置挺有运气的 |
[03:25] | Well, they swore that they were absolutely booked solid. | 他们发誓桌子完全订满了 |
[03:27] | Oh, dear. | 噢 亲爱的 |
[03:29] | Hello. Yes, wondering if you could possibly | 哈喽 是的 我想知道有没有可能 |
[03:31] | squeeze in three for lunch today? | 今天午餐能挤出三个人的位置 |
[03:34] | That’s Dr. Crane. | 这里是Crane医生 |
[03:35] | No, actually Niles. | 不 实际上是Niles |
[03:37] | Oh, how lovely. Thank you. | 噢 这真令人愉快 谢谢 |
[03:39] | We’ll see you in a bit. | 我们一会见 |
[03:53] | Oh, hey, Fras. | 噢嘿 Fras |
[03:54] | Oh, hi. | 噢嗨 |
[03:54] | I’m so sorry about the show. | 我很抱歉节目弄成那样 |
[03:56] | I was a little distracted. | 我有点分心 |
[03:57] | Oh, yes, I sensed that when you patched through Wanda, | 是啊 当你帮我接通Wanda的时候我就知道了 |
[03:59] | who wanted to know what our soup of the day was. | 她想知道我们的每日例汤是啥 |
[04:03] | My sister Denise is in town. I hate it when she visits. | 我的姐姐Denise来城里了 我讨厌她来拜访 |
[04:07] | She isn’t happy until she make me feel completely miserable. | 她非要把我弄得超级惨才开心 |
[04:09] | Do you know what she called my place? | 你知道她说我家怎样吗 |
[04:12] | “Cozy. “ | 很”舒适” |
[04:13] | Well, that’s a compliment. | 那是一种赞扬啊 |
[04:14] | No, it’s code for smaller than hers. | 不 意思是比她家小 |
[04:17] | Cappuccino, please. | 麻烦要卡布奇诺 |
[04:19] | She wraps every insult up in a compliment. | 她把所有损人的话都说成赞扬 |
[04:22] | When I try to call her on it, she just says, | 当我尝试请她别这样 她就说 |
[04:24] | “Hon, I was trying to be nice. | 亲爱的 我只是想对你友善点 |
[04:25] | You’re so sensitive. “ | 你太敏感了 |
[04:27] | And of course everything in her life is so perfect. | 当然她的生活里每样东西都很完美 |
[04:30] | Her home, her husband, | 她的家 她的丈夫 |
[04:32] | her stretch of highway she keeps clean. | 她家门口打扫干净的公路延伸段 |
[04:37] | She’s so competitive. | 她太喜欢比较 |
[04:39] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[04:40] | Well, if it’s any comfort, | 如果这能给你一点安慰 |
[04:41] | Niles has been perfectly insufferable of late. | Niles最近实在让人无法忍受了 |
[04:44] | This whole Maris affair has gained him some minor notoriety. | Maris这个事让他出了小小的恶名 |
[04:48] | He’s been flaunting it like a tattered boa. | 他一直在炫耀 就跟脖子上挂了圈孔雀毛一样 |
[04:52] | I’m trying to do the right thing and rise above it, of course, | 当然我只是想做点正确的事 自己克服一下 |
[04:54] | but there are times when I just want | 但有的时候我真的只想 |
[04:55] | to step on his feet– and hard, too. | 用力踩他的脚 狠狠地 |
[04:57] | Oh. | 噢 |
[04:58] | Denise Denise! | |
[05:00] | Frasier, hi. Hello, Denise. | Frasier 嗨 你好 Denise |
[05:01] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[05:02] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:04] | Well, you are looking very distinguished. | 你看起来非常高贵又出众 |
[05:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:08] | That’s code for old. | 那是说你老的另一种说法 |
[05:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:12] | Oh, I am so sorry I’m late. | 噢 我非常抱歉我迟到了 |
[05:15] | Craig called. | Craig打来 |
[05:16] | The poor thing, he misses me so much | 那可怜的人儿 很想念我 |
[05:18] | it’s just impossible to get him off the phone. | 都没法让他挂电话 |
[05:20] | I hope this makes it up to you. | 我希望这个能够补偿你 |
[05:23] | Now, Roz, I know you love your sportswear, | 现在嘛 Roz 我知道你喜欢穿你的运动装 |
[05:27] | but trust me, men like women | 但相信我 男人喜欢女人 |
[05:29] | who wear dresses once in a while. | 偶尔穿一下裙子 |
[05:32] | So you’ve said. | 您说的是 |
[05:33] | Denise, you having fun on your trip? | Denise 你这趟旅程开心吗 |
[05:35] | Oh, yes. Staying with Roz | 噢 是啊 跟Roz一起住 |
[05:36] | is always so much fun– it’s sort of like camping. | 总是那么开心 有点像在露营 |
[05:40] | Oh. | 噢 |
[05:42] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:44] | it’s my contractors. | 是我的承建商 |
[05:46] | Take my advice– never build a pool house. | 听我的 永远不要建有游泳池的房子 |
[05:50] | Oh, hon, I picked us up a Seattle magazine | 噢 亲爱的 我给我们选了本西雅图杂志 |
[05:53] | so we can find some fun things to do this week. | 这样这周我们可以有些乐子了 |
[05:57] | Does that include rolling it up, | 这包不包括把它卷起来 |
[05:58] | turning it sideways and… | 横着放然后 |
[05:59] | Now, Roz. | 好了 Roz |
[06:02] | At least she’s trying. | 起码她在努力 |
[06:03] | She did get you a gift, after all, | 毕竟她给你买了礼物 |
[06:05] | and look, it’s very chic, and expensive, I’m sure. | 看 我肯定它很贵很时髦 |
[06:08] | And two sizes too small. | 而且小了两个号 |
[06:09] | All right, she’s a bitch. | 好吧 她是个婊子 |
[06:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:13] | Hey, hey, it’s Mr. SeaBees. | 嘿 嘿 是海壁先生 |
[06:15] | The nominations are in? | 提名出来了吗 |
[06:16] | Yeah, two of them. | 是啊 有两个呢 |
[06:18] | Oh, Roz! Yay! | 噢 Roz 耶 |
[06:20] | Actually, Roz, they’re both for Frasier. | 实际上呢 Roz 两个都是Frasier的 |
[06:22] | You’re up for Best Host | 你被提名了最佳主持 |
[06:23] | and Best Infomational Special | 和最佳技术类奖 |
[06:25] | which gives you the lifetime record for most nomination | 这样你就有了个终生最多提名的记录 |
[06:28] | Oh, my God! I’m… | 噢 我的天 我 |
[06:30] | I’m so flattered. | 我受宠若惊啊 |
[06:31] | I hope you two will join me at my table? | 我希望你们两个会来我的桌子坐 |
[06:33] | Ugh, those awards are endless. | 呃 那些奖无穷无尽啊 |
[06:34] | They’re torture. | 简直是折磨 |
[06:36] | Can I bring my sister? | 能带上我姐姐吗 |
[06:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:39] | Oh, look. It’s Niles. | 噢 看 是Niles |
[06:43] | You going to tell him you broke the SeaBees record? | 你会告诉他你打破了海壁奖的记录吗 |
[06:45] | if it comes up. | 如果提起就说吧 |
[06:47] | You know, Doc, we should take advantage of this thing. | 你知道吗 医生 我们应该利用这个机会 |
[06:49] | I got a friend at the Seattle Times who owes me one. | 我有个在西雅图时报的朋友 他欠我个人情 |
[06:52] | I could ask him to write a big profile on you. | 我可以请他给你写个大专栏 |
[06:54] | Thank you, no, Kenny. | 谢谢 不用了 Kenny |
[06:56] | Let others engage in that sort of shameless self-promotion. | 让其他人忙着恬不知耻地推销自己去 |
[06:59] | I’m not interested in playing that sort of game. | 我对玩这种游戏没什么兴趣 |
[07:02] | Oh, Niles. | 噢 Niles |
[07:03] | Hi. Listen, Frasier, I’m so sorry. | 嗨 听着 Frasier 我很抱歉 |
[07:05] | I have to cancel tonight. | 我今晚要取消安排 |
[07:06] | I-I-I’m going to go hear Tony Bennett. | 我 我要去听Tony Bennett |
[07:08] | Oh. Really? Really, where’s he playing? | 噢 真的吗 他在哪演出 |
[07:11] | At Frank Gehry’s birthday party. | 在Frank Gehry的生日会 |
[07:15] | Well, speaking of glamorous parties, Niles… | 好吧 说起纸醉金迷的派对啊 Niles |
[07:18] | Oh, no, is that Seattle magazine? | 噢 不 那是西雅图杂志吗 |
[07:19] | I was hoping you hadn’t seen it. | 我希望你还没看到 |
[07:22] | Seen what? | 看到什么 |
[07:23] | Oh, nothing. Nothing. | 噢 没什么 没什么 |
[07:24] | It’s a silly thing. It’s page 30. | 是一些蠢事而已 在第30页 |
[07:28] | Oh, it’s one of those | 噢 是一张那种 |
[07:29] | “What’s Hot- What’s Not” Lists. I love these. | “一定要-一定不要”清单 我喜欢这些 |
[07:31] | “Heirloom tomatoes, hot. | “农家西红柿 要 |
[07:33] | Sun-dried tomatoes, not… “ | 西红柿干 不要” |
[07:34] | Give me that. | 给我看看 |
[07:36] | Ha-ha. | 呵呵 |
[07:38] | “Dr. Niles Crane, hot. Dr. Frasier Crane… “ | “Niles Crane医生 要 Frasier Crane医生 “ |
[07:41] | Well, you see where they’re going with this. | 好吧 你们都知道这些是怎么写的 |
[07:44] | Well, we’ll just see who’s not hot | 让我们再看看谁在”不要”的一栏吧 |
[07:46] | when the winter/spring edition | 等冬春季版的 |
[07:47] | of Seattle Broadcaster comes out. | 西雅图广播报出来的时候 |
[07:49] | For your information, Niles, I have recently… | 顺便告诉你 Niles 我最近 |
[07:51] | Excuse me. I’m so sorry for this. | 不好意思 我很抱歉 |
[07:52] | I’m going to get some coffee. | 我要去喝点咖啡 |
[07:53] | Oh, dear. Oh… | 噢 亲爱的 噢 |
[07:56] | Oh. | 噢 |
[07:56] | Hello. Hello, Daphne. | 哈喽 哈喽 Daphne |
[07:59] | A delivery from Bill and Mindy? | Bill和Mindy送来的包裹 |
[08:02] | Aren’t they sweet? | 他们真是友好 |
[08:04] | No. | 不 |
[08:04] | Don’t uncrate it till I get home. | 等我回到家再拆开 |
[08:09] | Kenny, about that article. | Kenny 刚刚那个文章 |
[08:11] | Way ahead of you, Doc. | 已经在打电话了 医生 |
[08:12] | No, he’ll make for a great profile. | 不 他会写个很赞的专栏 |
[08:14] | SeaBees record holder, doctor, big ladies’ man– | 海壁奖纪录保持者 医生 少妇杀手 |
[08:18] | the whole ball of wax. | 全都齐了 |
[08:19] | Uh, well, you can ask him yourself. | 嗯 你可以自己问他 |
[08:23] | Hello. Yes, well , when would be a good time for you? | 你好 是的 你觉得哪个时间好 |
[08:26] | Oh, I’ve just had the greatest idea. | 噢 我有个很棒的主意 |
[08:28] | What if you interview me while we’re at the SeaBee Awards? | 不如你在海壁颁奖典礼上采访我 |
[08:32] | Yes, it’ll be a freewheeling chat | 是的 随意的聊天 |
[08:34] | against a glittering backdrop. | 就在闪闪发光的背景前 |
[08:36] | Splendid. I will see you anon. | 非常好 回见您呐 |
[08:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[08:43] | No, he always talks like that. | 不 他总是这么说话的 |
[08:46] | Why are you taking him to the SeaBees? | 为什么你要叫他去海壁奖 |
[08:48] | Because I want him to see me at my best, Roz. | 因为我想让他看到我最好的一面 Roz |
[08:49] | Do your realize, I’m giving the opening remarks this year, | 你意识到了么 我今年要做开场白 |
[08:52] | and if I do say so myself, they will change you. | 我不得不说 这会改变你的 |
[08:54] | Yeah, from an awake person to a sleeping one. | 是啊 把一个醒着的变成睡着的 |
[08:59] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[09:01] | All I was lacking was the | 我一直缺的就是 |
[09:01] | appropriate piece of arm candy to accompany me | 一个合适的挂臂美女陪着 |
[09:04] | and there she is. | 她出现了 |
[09:05] | Who’s she? | 她是谁 |
[09:06] | it’s a neighbor of mine in the building | 是我这栋楼的邻居 |
[09:07] | whose acquaintance I have recently made. | 最近跟她相熟的 |
[09:09] | Oh, right. Daphne told me | 噢 是 Daphne告诉我 |
[09:10] | you pulled that old mail trick out of moth balls. | 你用了那个放混邮件的把戏 |
[09:14] | Caroline Caroline. | |
[09:16] | Frasier, hello. | Frasier 你好 |
[09:17] | Hi. Good to see you. | 嗨 见到你真好 |
[09:18] | Cappuccino, to go. | 卡布奇诺 带走 |
[09:20] | Thank you so much for those flowers. | 谢谢你送的花 |
[09:22] | Oh, gosh, it was the least I could do | 噢 天 我应该做的 |
[09:23] | after that stumblebum of a mailman | 邮递员如此笨手笨脚 |
[09:25] | made you do his job for him. | 让你帮他做他的工作 |
[09:26] | Oh, I’d send him a complaintit letter if I think he’d get | 噢 我写了投诉信给他 如果他能看到的话 |
[09:30] | That’s delightful. | 真让人愉快 |
[09:31] | Uh, listen, uh… | 嗯 听着 呃 |
[09:34] | I hope this isn’t too bold, | 我希望这不会太唐突 |
[09:35] | but you see, I’ve been nominated for a broadcast award, | 是这样的 我被提名广播界奖项 |
[09:38] | twice actually, and I was… well, | 其实是两个 而我 嗯 |
[09:40] | there’s a, there’s a black-tie gala on Saturday night, | 周六晚有个正装晚宴 |
[09:43] | I was hoping you could accompany me. | 我希望你能陪我参加 |
[09:45] | Well, thank you. I’d love to. | 好啊 谢谢 我很愿意 |
[09:46] | Fantastic. I’ll pick you up around 7:30. | 太棒了 我7点30去接你 |
[09:51] | Well, I worked my magic. | 哈 我的魔法实现了 |
[09:55] | That magnificent creature | 那个美丽的生物 |
[09:56] | will be accompanying me on Saturday night. | 要陪我去周六晚的晚会了 |
[09:58] | Frasier, the awards are Saturday morning. | Frasier 颁奖典礼在周六早上 |
[10:03] | Well… of course they’re not. | 这 肯定不是啊 |
[10:04] | Yes, they are. | 的确是 |
[10:05] | Roz, I mean who would ever plan an awards ceremony | Roz 谁会把一个颁奖典礼 |
[10:07] | on a Saturday morning? | 安排在周六早上啊 |
[10:08] | Kenny was in charge this year. He booked the room too late. | Kenny今年负责这个 他订房太迟了 |
[10:12] | See you this weekend. | 我们周末见 |
[10:13] | Oh… Yeah, bye-bye. Uh… right. | 噢 好 拜拜 呃 对了 |
[10:15] | Oh, oh, don’t forget– | 噢 噢 别忘了 |
[10:16] | I’ll pick you up, 7:30 Saturday morning. | 我周六早上7点30去接你 |
[10:19] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[10:25] | Saturday morning? | 周六早上 |
[10:27] | Yes, Yes. Did I…? | 是啊是啊 我说 |
[10:29] | I did mention that, didn’t I? | 我说过了吧 是吗 |
[10:30] | Oh, gosh. It-it seems the SeaBees are to be | 噢 天 看来海壁奖今年 |
[10:33] | a cheery breakfast event this year. | 要搞一个愉快的早餐活动 |
[10:35] | But the good news is, actually, | 但事实上好消息是 |
[10:36] | I’ll be able to get you home by noon. | 我可以在中午之前就把你送回家 |
[10:39] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[10:39] | Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to work for me. | 哦 我觉得这可能不行 |
[10:42] | I have Pilates on Saturdays. | 我周六有普拉提课要上 |
[10:44] | Oh, gosh, I wish you’d said something sooner. | 噢 天 我希望你早点告诉我 |
[10:50] | I’m sorry. Bye-bye. | 我很抱歉 拜拜 |
[10:52] | Yeah. | 好 |
[10:53] | Oh, you can’t blame her, Frasier. | 噢 你不能怪她啊 Frasier |
[10:56] | Who wants to get in hair and makeup at 8:00 in the morning? | 谁想早上8点就化好妆弄好头发呢 |
[10:58] | Well, somebody better. I’m being profiled. | 那 最好有人愿意 我出了专栏的 |
[11:01] | It’s gonna look like I can’t even scare up a date | 结果连勉强找个伴都不行 |
[11:03] | You scared that one pretty good. | 你刚刚把人家吓得不轻啊 |
[11:16] | Cindy, where are you? | Cindy 你在哪 |
[11:17] | Listen, this thing’s about to start. | 听着 典礼马上要开始了 |
[11:20] | Well, I’m sorry you broke your heel, | 我很遗憾你弄坏了鞋跟 |
[11:22] | but can’t you just put on a different pair of shoes? | 但你不可以穿上另一双吗 |
[11:25] | Oh, your actual heel. Ouch. | 噢 是你的脚跟啊 喔 |
[11:29] | Well, uh… feel better. | 那 呃 快好起来吧 |
[11:34] | Roz, are you sure this dress didn’t fit you? | Roz 你确定这裙子你穿不下么 |
[11:37] | Because I’m just swimming in it. | 我穿得空荡荡呢 |
[11:40] | Two Bloody Marys, please. | 麻烦要两杯血腥玛丽 |
[11:41] | And there’s a 20 in it for you | 如果其中有一杯是有毒的 |
[11:42] | if one of them’s poisoned. | 我给你20块 |
[11:43] | I don’t even care which one. | 我不在乎有毒的是哪杯 |
[11:46] | There’s a face I’m happy to see. | 这有个人我很高兴看到呢 |
[11:47] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[11:47] | Not you, Roz. Denise, listen. | 不是你 Roz Denise 听着 |
[11:49] | Could you do me a small favor? | 你能够帮我一个小小的忙吗 |
[11:52] | You see, my date didn’t show up | 你看到了 我的女伴没有出现 |
[11:55] | and there’s a reporter here today | 但今天有个记者要来采访 |
[11:56] | doing a story on me. | 帮我写个故事 |
[11:57] | Could you pretend to be my date? | 你能不能扮演一下我的女伴 |
[11:59] | Well, sure. First, the valet hits on me, and now this. | 当然可以 先是那服务员跟我调情 然后是这个 |
[12:03] | Hi, guys. | 嗨 大伙 |
[12:05] | Some spread. I got pigs in a blanket | 种类挺多啊 我有些小肠仔包 |
[12:07] | lying on an omelet pillow. | 躺在蛋卷枕头上面 |
[12:08] | And check it out– it snowed cheese. | 再看 还下芝士雪呢 |
[12:13] | Oh, Roz, Larry Gamba couldn’t make it. | 噢 Roz Larry Gamba不能来了 |
[12:15] | So, if he wins, can you accept for him? | 所以如果他赢了你能不能帮他领奖 |
[12:16] | Sure, Kenny. Nothing takes the sting | 当然 Kenny 对于没被提名的人 |
[12:18] | out of not being nominated | 没有什么能比 |
[12:19] | like accepting an award for my former intern. | 帮之前的实习生拿奖更安慰的了 |
[12:22] | Now, Roz, don’t frown. | 嘛 Roz 别皱眉 |
[12:24] | Those lines don’t go away. | 那些纹不会自己消失的 |
[12:27] | Oh, hey there! Randy! Over here! | 噢 在那呢 Randy 这边 |
[12:29] | This is the reporter. | 这是那个记者 |
[12:31] | Here he is– the Doc himself. | 他就是了 医生本人 |
[12:32] | Lovely to see you, thanks for coming. | 很高兴见你 谢谢你来 |
[12:33] | This is Roz Doyle, his ace producer. | 这位是Roz Doyle 他的王牌制作人 |
[12:35] | Yes, yes, and this is my dad, Martin Crane. | 是的 这是我爸 Martin Crane |
[12:37] | Dad, could you move over one for Randall? | 爸 你能不能移过去一下给Randall坐 |
[12:39] | – Oh, sure. – Thank you, Kenny. Here we are. | – 噢 当然 – 谢谢你 Kenny 这就好了 |
[12:41] | And I’d like you to meet my date, | 我想让你见见我的女伴 |
[12:43] | the lovely and talented Denise Dawson. | 可爱又有才的Denise Dawson |
[12:45] | Oh, honey, stop it. | 哦 亲爱的 够啦 |
[12:47] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[12:48] | Very nice. | 非常棒 |
[12:51] | So, I’m so glad you could join us | 我很高兴你能来参加 |
[12:53] | on our gala morning. | 我们的早晨宴会 |
[12:54] | Is this thing always so early? | 这典礼总是这么早吗 |
[12:55] | No. But, then, the SeaBees has always been | 不 但是海壁奖一直是众多奖项中 |
[12:58] | the wayward maverick of award shows. | 任性的特立独行者 |
[13:00] | In fact, I plan to touch on that | 事实上 我本来想在我的开场白 |
[13:02] | in my opening remarks, | 说这个的 |
[13:03] | while hewing to my original theme: | 用来论证我原本的主题 |
[13:06] | Communication as the Engine of Social Progress. | 沟通是社会进步的动力 |
[13:09] | Sounds great. | 听起来很棒 |
[13:10] | Could I get a big cup of coffee, please? | 我能要一大杯咖啡吗 谢谢 |
[13:16] | – What’s Niles doing here? – Oh I gave him Ronee’s ticket. | – Niles来这干嘛 – 噢我给了他Ronee的入场券 |
[13:18] | She said she hated to miss it, but she didn’t want to come. | 她说她很不想错过这个宴会 但她不想来 |
[13:22] | Hello, I’m sorry I’m late. | 哈喽 我很抱歉迟到了 |
[13:24] | I had to distribute some sound bites. | 我有些言论摘要得做 |
[13:26] | That’s quite all right, Dr. Crane. | 太对了 Crane医生 |
[13:27] | I’m very excited to meet you. | 见到你我好激动 |
[13:29] | Randall Schoonover of the Seattle Times. | 我是西雅图时报的Randall Schoonover |
[13:30] | Oh. Hello. | 噢 哈喽 |
[13:31] | He’s doing a profile of me: “A Day in the life of Dr. Frasier Crane. “ | 他在帮我做个专栏”Frasier Crane医生的一天” |
[13:34] | But if there’s anything you’d like to tell my readers… | 但如果你有什么想跟我的读者说 |
[13:36] | Oh, uh… thank you. | 噢呃 谢谢 |
[13:37] | I’m just here to support my brother. | 我只是来支持我的哥哥 |
[13:39] | “Supports his brother. “ | “支持他的哥哥” |
[13:43] | Oh! Well, I guess it’s time | 噢 好了 应该是时候 |
[13:45] | for me to give my opening remarks. | 让我说开场白了 |
[13:48] | You just, uh… | 你就 呃 |
[13:50] | sit tight, and I’ll be back in 20 minutes. | 好好坐着 我20分钟后回来 |
[13:57] | You want to give me a cue | 你到时候给我个提示 |
[13:58] | so I know when to play you offstage? | 让我可以弹些音乐让你退场 |
[13:59] | Ah! You will feel the pace quicken | 啊 当我说到高潮的时候 |
[14:01] | as I build to my climax: | 你会感觉节奏加快 |
[14:02] | a grim verbal picture of the world without broadcasting. | 口头营造的可怕景象–一个没有广播的世界 |
[14:06] | Just tell me the last words. | 就告诉我你说的最后一个词 |
[14:09] | I’ll say, “Thank you. “ | 我会说”谢谢你们” |
[14:15] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[14:16] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane, and it is my great honor | 我是Frasier Crane医生 很荣幸 |
[14:18] | to stand before you, my fellow luminaries, | 站在你们面前 我杰出的同伴们 |
[14:22] | and welcome you to the Seattle Broadcasting Awards. | 很欢迎你们来到西雅图广播界颁奖典礼 |
[14:25] | I hope to do justice | 我希望这高贵的 |
[14:26] | to the dignity of this most august occasion. | 威严的盛典公平正义地举行 |
[14:36] | I’ve been asked to inform everyone | 我被要求通知大家 |
[14:38] | that we are running low on sausage… | 我们的香肠已经很少了 |
[14:43] | so if you would please limit yourselves | 如果可以请大家控制一下 |
[14:45] | to one link or patty. | 只拿一块 或者一条 |
[14:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[14:52] | But I’m not finished. | 我还没说完呢 |
[14:54] | Thanks, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[14:55] | Oh… oh, thank you. | 噢 噢 谢谢 |
[14:58] | Now… | 现在 |
[14:59] | who wants to hand out some hardware? | 谁想来点重头戏 |
[15:03] | Angela DiStefano Angela DiStefano… | |
[15:07] | Keith Meebly Keith Meebly… | |
[15:11] | and Chet Hardy, | 还有Chet Hardy |
[15:12] | the legendary host of “It’s Your Dime. “ | 传奇的”你的演讲时间”主持 |
[15:16] | So many greats this year. | 今年很多伟大的人走了 |
[15:18] | This is for you, my dear. | 这是给你的 我亲爱的 |
[15:22] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[15:24] | Oh, hi, Craig. | 噢 嗨 Craig |
[15:27] | Honey, I’ve got to take this. | 亲爱的 我要去听这个电话 |
[15:29] | Oh. Okay. Hurry back, love. | 噢 好啊 快点回 我的爱人 |
[15:34] | So, Randall, where were we? | 那么 Randall 我们说到哪了 |
[15:35] | Your brother was just telling me | 你弟弟正在跟我说 |
[15:36] | how Maris is coping with jail. | Maris怎么面对牢狱的 |
[15:38] | So is it true that Maris tried to break out? | Maris曾经尝试越狱 这是真的吗 |
[15:42] | Oh, no, no, no. | 噢 不 不 不 |
[15:43] | Her her eyebrow pencil simply rolled out of her cell, | 她的眉笔从她的牢间滚出来了 |
[15:46] | and she went to get it. | 她才出来捡 |
[15:47] | It’s really the jail’s fault | 其实是那监狱的问题 |
[15:49] | for making those bars so far apart. | 把栏杆的间隔造的太宽了 |
[15:53] | This is really my brother’s day though. | 这其实是属于我哥哥的日子 |
[15:55] | And now the nominees for Best Informational Special. | 现在是最佳技术类奖的提名 |
[15:58] | Doc, this is you. | 医生 是你了 |
[16:00] | Riley Austin for Underground Skateboarder. | “地下滑板”的Riley Austin |
[16:04] | Harper Norton for Inside the Statehouse, | “州议会大厦”Harper Norton |
[16:08] | and Dr. Frasier Crane | 还有Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:10] | for The Young Person’s Guide to Depression. | 对抑郁年轻人的指导 |
[16:13] | And the winner is… | 得奖者是 |
[16:17] | Riley Austin Riley Austin. | |
[16:24] | I’m just going to track down some Sweet’n low. | 我想去看看还有啥甜品 |
[16:28] | Well, Niles, you should have powdered your nose | 哇 Niles 你应该好好补个妆 |
[16:30] | if you planned to spend so much time in my spotlight. | 既然你打算在我的闪光灯下待那么长时间 |
[16:32] | I was just making conversation. | 我只是在找话题 |
[16:34] | Well, stop it. | 不要再这样做 |
[16:35] | Knock it off, you two. | 消停一下吧你们俩 |
[16:36] | If you can’t share this reporter, | 如果你们不能共用这个记者 |
[16:38] | I’m going to ask him to leave. | 那么我要请他离开了 |
[16:39] | Roz, get ready. This is Larry’s category. | Roz 准备好 这是Larry的项目了 |
[16:42] | I can’t believe that this happened. | 我不能相信这发生了 |
[16:44] | No, it-it’s all right. | 不 没什么关系 |
[16:45] | I-I’m still up for Best Host. | 还有个最佳主持没颁奖 |
[16:47] | Craig… He’s leaving me. | 是Craig 他要离开我 |
[16:50] | What? | 什么 |
[16:52] | He met someone else. | 他和别人好上了 |
[16:54] | I can’t believe this is happening to me. | 不敢相信这会发生在我身上 |
[16:56] | And the winner is Larry Gamba for KACL. | 得奖者是KACL的Larry Gamba |
[17:01] | Roz, get up there. | Roz 快上去 |
[17:02] | This is so terrible. | 这太糟了 |
[17:04] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[17:06] | How would you know | 你怎么会知道 |
[17:07] | what it’s like to lose a husband, Roz? | 失去丈夫是什么滋味 Roz |
[17:09] | You never even had one. | 你都没曾有过丈夫 |
[17:11] | Accepting the award is Roz Doyle. | 领将者是Roz Doyle |
[17:16] | Um, thanks, Plum. | 嗯 谢谢 紫红丽人 |
[17:19] | Um… Larry couldn’t be here today, | 嗯 Larry今天有事不能来 |
[17:21] | but if he were here, | 但如果他在的话 |
[17:23] | he would say, um… | 他会说 嗯 |
[17:26] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[17:28] | Thank you, God! | 谢谢你 上帝 |
[17:30] | Yes! This is the best day of my entire life! | 真棒 这是我生命中最好的一天 |
[17:35] | I-I’ve just been waiting for this | 我一直一直在等这个 |
[17:36] | since I was a little girl! | 从我是小女孩的时候开始 |
[17:38] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[17:39] | You have no idea how much this means to me! | 你们不知道这对我来说的意义 |
[17:42] | Yes! | 赞 |
[17:46] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 十分谢谢 |
[17:50] | I hate men. | 我恨男人 |
[17:54] | Now, now, Denise… | 现在 现在啊 Denise |
[17:55] | Shut up. You’re all the same. | 闭嘴 你们臭男人 |
[17:57] | No, listen, Denise, I know… | 不 听着 Denise 我知道 |
[17:58] | Get your hands off me! Stop it! | 你的手别碰我 停下来 |
[18:03] | There’s no need for you to write that down. | 这个你不用记录了 |
[18:05] | And now the nominees for Best Radio Call-in Host. | 现在是最佳互动电台主持的提名 |
[18:08] | Better get ready, Doc– this one has your name on it. | 你准备好 医生 这是你提名的奖项 |
[18:09] | Well, it better, because this whole show has been a nightmare, | 是啊 当然要准备 因为整个宴会就是噩梦 |
[18:12] | not that it actually could be a nightmare, | 并不是说这真的会变成噩梦 |
[18:13] | because it’s mid-morning. | 因为这才是早上啊 |
[18:15] | And the SeaBee goes to… | 海壁得奖者是 |
[18:19] | the late Chet Hardy, for “It’s Your Dime. “ | 已故的Chet Hardy”你的演讲时间” |
[18:24] | Sorry, son. | 抱歉 儿子 |
[18:25] | You can’t beat a dead guy. | 没法跟死人抢 |
[18:27] | Dead. That’s the best kind of guy. | 死 最好就是死人了 |
[18:30] | I think maybe I have enough. | 我觉得今天都到这里了 |
[18:32] | Uh, no, pl-pl-please don’t go. | 哦不 请不要走 |
[18:34] | Uh, listen, the show’ll be over very soon. | 呃 听着 颁奖马上就结束了 |
[18:37] | They actually have a Bat Mitzvah booked for noon, | 中午他们还会有个成人礼要举行 |
[18:38] | so maybe we can finish up in the lobby. | 我们可以在大厅做剩下的采访 |
[18:41] | – Okay, I’ll get my coat. – Thank you. | – 好吧 我去拿我的大衣 – 谢谢你 |
[18:42] | I hope you can join us, Niles. | 我希望你能参与 Niles |
[18:44] | Oh, uh… | 噢 呃 |
[18:47] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢 |
[18:50] | You have been monopolizing that man’s time all morning. | 你都霸占了这男人整个早上了 |
[18:52] | You should be thanking me for distracting him from this circus. | 你应该感谢我在这马戏中分散他注意力 |
[18:55] | You should talk– You’ve been | 你就说吧 |
[18:56] | the ringmaster of your own media circus for the last week. | 你上周整周都在指挥自己的媒体盛会 |
[18:58] | And it’s just killing you, isn’t it? | 这很折磨你 是吧 |
[19:00] | If you think I am jealous of your tawdry notoriety, | 如果你认为我妒忌你俗气的名声 |
[19:03] | then you don’t know who I am. | 那说明你不了解我 |
[19:05] | Just like most of the people in this city. | 就像这城市大多数人一样 |
[19:07] | You go too far! | 你太过分了 |
[19:13] | Doc, that’s Jerry Edwards. | 医生 那是Jerry Edwards |
[19:15] | He’s supposed to close the show. | 他应该要上台结束典礼的 |
[19:16] | Is he all right? | 他还好吗 |
[19:18] | Oh, no, | 噢 不 |
[19:19] | You knocked his glass eye out. | 你把他的玻璃假眼弄出来了 |
[19:21] | You’re going to have to close the show for him. | 这下你要帮他上台去说结束语 |
[19:23] | What? | 什么 |
[19:23] | Well, you took him out… and you’ll be the only guy | 这不 你把他弄倒了 而你还会是 |
[19:26] | in history to open and close the SeaBees. | 海壁奖历史上唯一说开场白又说结束语的人 |
[19:29] | Really? | 真的么 |
[19:31] | Nobody’s ever done it before? | 没人这么做过吗 |
[19:33] | But I don’t have anything prepared. | 但我没有做任何准备啊 |
[19:35] | Don’t worry, it’s all on the teleprompter. | 别担心 台词都在提词机上面 |
[19:37] | Now get up there and sing. It’s to the tune of Moon River. | 现在赶紧上去 还有唱歌 是月亮河的调 |
[19:42] | Oh, think I just kicked something. | 噢 我好像踢到什么了 |
[19:51] | *The SeaBees now are at an end* | *海壁奖已到尾声* |
[19:56] | *We hope you’ve made a friend or two* | *望你结交朋友一两位* |
[20:01] | *And the SeaBees* | *我们海壁奖* |
[20:04] | *Have great freebies* | *有精美的赠品* |
[20:07] | *Just pick up your bag* | *拿起你的包* |
[20:10] | *At the door to your right* | *在你右边的门* |
[20:12] | Found it! | 找到了 |
[20:13] | That’s an olive. | 那是个橄榄 |
[20:15] | *The SeaBees* | *我们海壁奖* |
[20:18] | *We hope your day was great* | *望你一天快乐* |
[20:20] | *And yes, we validate– right there* | *而且是的 我们有免费停车盖章 就在那* |
[20:26] | *See Rico, Eduardo or Jen* | *看看Rico Eduardo还有Jen* |
[20:33] | *They’ll bring it round the bend* | *他们会疯狂给你们盖章* |
[20:36] | *A Hyundai or a Benz* | *无论是现代还是奔驰* |
[20:38] | *The SeaBees are through.* | *海壁奖就此结束* |