时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – Hi, guys. – Oh, hey, Dad. | – 你们好啊 – 好啊 爸 |
[00:10] | Your cappuccino to go. | 您的外带卡布奇诺 |
[00:12] | Holiday cookies, anyone? | 节日小饼干 来点儿吗 |
[00:14] | – Yes, I believe I will. Thank you. – No, not for me. | – 我来一块 谢谢 – 我还是不吃了 |
[00:17] | Watching your weight? | 担心你的体重呢 |
[00:18] | Yeah, and it’s killing me. At the other night, | 是啊 快把我逼疯了 有天晚上 |
[00:20] | Ronee made a comment about my “bowl full of jelly”. | Ronee对我”装满果冻”的大肚子评价了一番 |
[00:22] | Well, everyone puts on a few this time of year. | 每年这个时候大家都会胖个几斤嘛 |
[00:25] | Everyone doesn’t sit around reading the newspaper | 大家不坐下来看报纸 |
[00:26] | actually slurping from a bowl full of jelly. | 其实都跑去碗里吸溜果冻了 |
[00:30] | Well, you look great to me, Martin. | 你看上去一点都不胖 Martin |
[00:32] | – Thanks. – Merry Christmas. | – 谢谢你 – 圣诞快乐 |
[00:34] | Oh… Eddie and I must have walked about three miles. | Eddie和我肯定走了快五公里的路 |
[00:36] | I’m sweating like a pig. | 我出了一身的臭汗 |
[00:40] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[00:41] | I am saving that seat for someone | 我要把这椅子留给 |
[00:42] | who may not wish to have it bedewed with pig sweat. | 不想沾一屁股臭汗的人 |
[00:45] | – Frasier? – Oh, Natalie! | – Frasier – 哦 Natalie |
[00:48] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 你好 |
[00:50] | This is my father, Martin Crane. | 这位是家父 Martin Crane |
[00:52] | Natalie Blanc of the Seattle Tourism Board. | 这位是西雅图旅游局的Natalie Blanc |
[00:55] | She wants me to do a promo for them. | 她希望我能参与演出一个宣传片 |
[00:56] | He was just leaving. | 家父正准备走呢 |
[00:57] | Oh, that little dog is adorable. | 这只小狗狗真的好可爱 |
[01:00] | Yes, and he’s smart as a chimp, too. | 是啊 而且他智商堪比黑猩猩 |
[01:02] | Off you go. | 快走吧 |
[01:04] | Oh… Please… It’s so lovely to finally meet you. | 请吧 很荣幸能和你见面 |
[01:07] | – Thank you, thank you. – Have a seat. | – 谢谢 谢谢 – 请坐 |
[01:09] | So… tell me about this promo. | 那么 谈谈宣传片的事吧 |
[01:12] | Well, it’s pretty simple. | 是个很简单的宣传片 |
[01:14] | It begins with you at home on the couch. | 片头一开始 你坐在家里的沙发上 |
[01:17] | And you say… | 接着你说 |
[01:18] | “Anybody feel like taking a walk?” | “有人想出门散散心吗” |
[01:20] | “Then come to Seattle.” | “那么请来西雅图吧” |
[01:22] | And then we see you walking at the Space Needle, | 接着画面就会切换到 你漫步在太空针塔 |
[01:24] | the beach, the fish market… | 海滩和滨海鱼市 |
[01:26] | But we do all of that with special effects. | 但这些我们都会进行特效制作 |
[01:28] | It should only take a couple of hours tomorrow. | 所以明天只需占用你几小时而已 |
[01:30] | So… are you in? | 那 你想出演吗 |
[01:32] | I’m in. | 我演 |
[01:35] | You know, it’s funny. | 你知道吗 有趣的是 |
[01:36] | When you called me at the last minute, there was | 你最后关头才打电话给我 那时 |
[01:38] | a small, madly insecure part of me that | 我内心深处还稍有不安 |
[01:40] | wondered if I was your… | 怀疑自己是你们的 |
[01:41] | second choice. | 第二备选来着 |
[01:42] | No, you weren’t the second. | 不 那会儿你连第二备选都不是 |
[01:46] | – Nice meeting you. – You, too. | – 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 |
[01:49] | Oh, that dog is so precious. | 这只狗狗真是太萌了 |
[01:51] | Yes, there are times I could just | 确实 我好几次都被萌得 |
[01:53] | squeeze him to death. | 忍不住想掐死他 |
[01:57] | Do you know, maybe he should be in the spot with you. | 也许你俩可以一起拍这个宣传短片 |
[02:00] | – Eddie in a commercial? – Mm-hmm. | – Eddie要拍广告了吗 – 没错 |
[02:01] | It’s called a spot, Dad. | 那叫宣传短片 爸 |
[02:02] | You look so perfect together. | 你俩在一起太般配了 |
[02:04] | He could just sit next to you on the couch. | 他可以挨着你坐在沙发上 |
[02:06] | Well… I suppose there’s no harm in a little window dressing. | 如果能为短片增色也未尝不可 |
[02:09] | The director would’ve loved it, I’ll call him right now. | 导演一定超喜欢 我现在就给他打电话 |
[02:12] | Oh, I don’t believe it. | 真难以置信 |
[02:14] | Eddie’s first TV spot. | Eddie的第一个电视宣传短片 |
[02:16] | Oh, knock it off. | 别嘚瑟了 |
[02:17] | You didn’t even know that term ’til ten seconds ago. | 十秒前你根本都不知道”宣传短片”这词 |
[02:27] | Hey, Fras. How did the big shoot go? | Fras 宣传片拍的如何啊 |
[02:28] | Well, it went splendidly, Dad. | 拍摄非常顺利 老爸 |
[02:30] | I thought you were going with Niles to the airport to get Freddy. | 我还以为你和Niles一起去机场接Freddy了 |
[02:32] | Yeah, I decided to stay home and do some decorating. | 我临时决定待在家里装饰房间 |
[02:36] | Ah, yes, | 明智啊 |
[02:37] | the magical time of year | 又到了每年神奇的时刻 |
[02:39] | when the Great Wall of China and my apartment | 中国的万里长城和我的璀璨公寓 |
[02:41] | are the only two man-made structures visible from space. | 成为唯二两处太空可见的人造奇迹 |
[02:45] | I must say I’m really excited about seeing Freddy this trip. | 不得不说 我很激动这个假期能见到Freddy |
[02:50] | Whatcha got planned? | 你有什么计划吗 |
[02:51] | Oh, gosh, everything from whale watching | 多了去了 打算去观赏鲸鱼 |
[02:53] | to a trip to the garlic festival. | 参加大蒜节狂欢 |
[02:59] | Niles, Daphne… | Niles Daphne你们来了 |
[03:00] | Where’s Frederick? | Frederick在哪呢 |
[03:02] | Actually, he insisted on taking his own elevator. | 他非得要自己一个人坐电梯 |
[03:05] | Oh, priceless. Just when you’re worried | 噢 真有意思 我还在担心 |
[03:08] | that he’s on the brink of terrible teendom, | 他处在青春期叛逆的边缘呢 |
[03:10] | there he is, still just a little boy | 事实证明 他还是个小男孩 |
[03:11] | who wants to play in the elevator. | 想在电梯里玩而已 |
[03:16] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[03:17] | There he is. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[03:22] | Nice greeting, Dad. | 你也好啊 老爸 |
[03:24] | Freddy, why are you dressed like this? | Freddy 你怎么打扮成这样 |
[03:26] | He’s a Goth now. | 他现在是哥特一族了 |
[03:32] | You all don’t have to treat me like I’m some kind of freak. | 你们能别像看到怪胎一样看着我吗 |
[03:34] | No, we’re not, Freddy. It’s great to see you. | 当然不会 Freddy 见到你太高兴了 |
[03:37] | Maybe you could move up that trip to the garlic festival. | 也许你该把大蒜节行程提到最前面 |
[03:45] | Listen, Frederick, I don’t understand. | 听着 Frederick 我不明白 |
[03:48] | Um, the Goths were plunderers. | 哥特人都是掠夺者 |
[03:51] | Apart from your | 除了你在 |
[03:53] | tendency to be overaggressive with your rooks at chess camp, | 象棋夏令营里下棋时表现出进攻性之外 |
[03:55] | I don’t see the connection. | 我看不到你和哥特有啥关联 |
[03:58] | It’s just what I’m into now, okay? | 我就是喜欢这个 好吗 |
[03:59] | Me, my friend Andi… A bunch of us. | 我 我朋友Andi 我们大家都这风格 |
[04:02] | But if you don’t get it, you don’t get it. | 但如果你不能理解 那就算了 |
[04:04] | – We get it. – It’s wonderful. | – 我们能理解 – 咱们思想开放的很 |
[04:06] | I didn’t mean anything by it. I simply thought… | 我没啥别的意思 我只是觉得 |
[04:08] | Oh, dear God! | 我的老天爷 |
[04:14] | Well, thank you, Lilith | 我谢你全家啊 Lilith |
[04:15] | for mentioning this little development. | 就提醒我他这点”小变化” |
[04:19] | Oh, it’s just a phase. | 这只是个阶段 |
[04:20] | All teenagers go through a rebellious period. | 所有青少年都会经历一个叛逆时期 |
[04:22] | It always passes. | 早晚会结束的 |
[04:23] | You should have seen me at that age. | 你真该看看我那时什么德行 |
[04:25] | Dating the older boys, | 和比我年纪大的人约会 |
[04:27] | hitchhiking, drinking, | 搭陌生人便车 喝酒 |
[04:28] | shoplifting… | 在超市里偷东西 |
[04:30] | Do you know… | 你们知道吗 |
[04:31] | I can carry a frozen turkey between my knees? | 我能用双腿夹住一整只冷冻火鸡 |
[04:41] | That’ll come in handy if we ever misplace our | 要是感恩节找不到盛火鸡的盘子 |
[04:42] | serving platter at Thanksgiving. | 这技能将大派用场 |
[04:46] | Hey, and didn’t you once tell me you went streaking? | 你不是告诉过我你有次裸奔过吗 |
[04:48] | Well, I had shin splints at the time | 那次是我胫纤维发炎 |
[04:51] | so it was really more of a brisk nude walk. | 所以更像是神清气爽地裸着散步 |
[04:55] | What did you do, Niles? | 你那时做了什么 Niles |
[04:56] | How did you rebel? | 你是怎么叛逆的 |
[04:57] | – Oh, the usual ways. – Thank you, Niles. | – 噢 就那些呗 – 谢谢 Niles |
[05:00] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[05:01] | Oh, like what? Well… uh… | 比如说 那什么 呃 |
[05:04] | Never happened, Niles. | 你从没叛逆过 Niles |
[05:06] | Your mother and I kept waiting for it. | 我和你老妈等的花儿都谢了 |
[05:11] | I find it hard to believe that I never… | 我觉得我有过吧 |
[05:14] | Nope, nope. You were one of those good kids. | 真没有 你一直是听话懂事的好孩子 |
[05:17] | One time I found a bag of something | 有一次我在你抽屉里 |
[05:18] | that looked suspicious in your dresser, | 发现了一个可疑的包裹 |
[05:20] | but it turned out to be something just to | 但结果那只是个 |
[05:22] | make your sweaters smell nice. | 衣物芳香盒而已 |
[05:26] | – Well, one time… – Face it, Niles. | – 有一次 – 面对现实吧 Niles |
[05:28] | You just didn’t have it in you to be bad. | 你只是没有那种叛逆基因 |
[05:30] | Well… | 好吧 |
[05:33] | Freddy, hi. | Freddy 你来了 |
[05:35] | Listen, I was thinking maybe we could take in a movie tonight. | 听着 不如今晚我们一起看场电影 |
[05:38] | Can’t, Dad. I made plans with my friend Andi. | 不行 老爸 我约了朋友Andi |
[05:40] | Your friend Andi from school is here? | 你学校同学Andi到这来了吗 |
[05:42] | Yeah, visiting relatives. We’re seeing a movie. | 是啊 来这走亲戚 我们要去看电影 |
[05:46] | But you just got here. | 但你今天才刚来 |
[05:48] | We’ve got all week, okay? Be cool. | 我们有一个星期的时间呢 好吗 淡定 |
[05:56] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[05:58] | Well, see ya. | 那么 回见 |
[06:04] | Well, at least he’s not dating outside the faith. | 至少他没有和异教徒约会 |
[06:13] | Excuse me, are you using this chair? | 请问 这座位有人吗 |
[06:16] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[06:17] | Doesn’t that’s have a familiar ring to it. | 这场景真是似曾相识啊 |
[06:19] | The weary holiday traveler and his pregnant wife | 来度假走累了的游客和他身怀六甲的妻子 |
[06:22] | seeking kindness from a stranger. | 向陌生人寻求善意的帮助 |
[06:24] | – Frasier? – I’m afraid I am, yes. So… | – Frasier – 抱歉 这里貌似有人了 |
[06:26] | – Hi, hi. – Hello! | – 嗨 嗨 – 你好 |
[06:28] | – Hi, come and sit. – Thank you. | – 嗨 来请坐 – 谢谢你 |
[06:30] | I’m so glad that I’m meeting you. | 能碰到你真是太好了 |
[06:32] | Um, cappuccino to go, please. | 一杯卡布奇诺外带 谢谢 |
[06:35] | – The ad agency loves the spot. – Oh! | – 广告公司超级喜欢那个短片 – 太好了 |
[06:39] | Apparently, they got quite creative with it. | 他们加入了很有创意的点子 |
[06:42] | I will soon send you a copy. | 我稍后寄卷带子给你看看 |
[06:43] | Oh… That’s a wonderful news! | 真是个好消息 |
[06:45] | Listen, I realize you’re dashing off, | 听着 我知道你急着走 |
[06:46] | but do you think we could celebrate tonight over a drink? | 但今晚我可以请你喝杯酒庆祝一下吗 |
[06:49] | Sure. How about, uh… 7:00 at Garagiste? | 可以啊 晚上7点在车库餐厅如何 |
[06:54] | Could you say that again? | 你说什么地方来着 |
[06:55] | Garagiste. You don’t know it? | 车库餐厅 你不知道吗 |
[06:57] | Oh, yes, I do. I just love hearing you say it. | 我当然知道 我只是太爱听你的口音了 |
[06:59] | Oh, Thank you. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[07:01] | – Let me get that for you. – Thank you. | – 这杯我请了 – 太感谢了 |
[07:03] | – I’ll see you then. – Yes, take care. | – 那晚上见 – 好的 慢走 |
[07:07] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[07:10] | Well, that was a yummy little stocking stuffer. | 真想把这个尤物塞在圣诞袜当礼物 |
[07:13] | Yes. She’s the one I told you about | 没错 她就是我和你提过的那个 |
[07:16] | – the girl with the accent. – Oh, yes. | – 说话带口音的妹子 – 想起来了 |
[07:18] | God, she could read me the phone book | 老天 她要是给我读一遍电话簿 |
[07:20] | and I would melt like an overripe Camembert. | 我绝对会像块卡蒙伯尔干酪一样融化了 |
[07:23] | Imagine what she would do with that– | 试想一下她说这个词 |
[07:24] | Camembert. | 卡蒙伯尔干酪 |
[07:26] | R-R-R-Roquefort. | 洛克福干酪 |
[07:27] | Reblochon. | 瑞布罗申奶酪 |
[07:29] | Blu. | 蓝奶酪 |
[07:32] | We’re terrible! | 我俩太下流了 |
[07:35] | Well, at least it will be nice to have something to do this evening, | 至少今晚我还能有点事做 |
[07:38] | – for a change. – Yes | – 换换心情 – 是啊 |
[07:39] | Is Frederick still spending all his time | Frederick还在和他那个 |
[07:41] | – with his little ghoul-friend? – Yes. | – 小食尸鬼朋友一起玩呢 – 没错 |
[07:45] | They’re going to a concert this evening. | 他们今晚要去音乐会 |
[07:46] | Of course, I don’t begrudge him a social life. | 我当然不是不满他有自己的社交圈子 |
[07:48] | It’s just that I feel so rejected. | 只是被自己孩子拒绝太难受了 |
[07:50] | You know, when one has something they’d clearly rather do | 当他们宁愿做别的事情 |
[07:52] | than spend time with you, it just feels like… | 也不愿和你待在一起 实在让我感到 |
[07:55] | What the hell are you doing? | 你东张西望什么呢 |
[07:57] | I’m sorry. I’m waiting for someone. | 抱歉 其实我在等人 |
[07:59] | Who? | 等谁 |
[08:03] | Well, it really bothered me when Dad said that I never rebelled. | 老爸说我从没叛逆过 这让我很烦心 |
[08:06] | I mean, I’ve been obsessing about it. | 我一直纠结这件事 |
[08:07] | What kind of self-respecting psychiatrist– | 哪个有自尊心的心理医生 |
[08:10] | not to mention father-to-be– | 而且还是即将成为奶爸的人 |
[08:12] | completely misses one of life’s prime rites of passage? So… | 能接受自己完全错过人生的重要阶段 所以 |
[08:17] | I’ve decided to rebel tonight. | 我决定今晚开始叛逆大作战 |
[08:21] | Right under Dad’s nose. | 就在老爹的眼皮子底下 |
[08:23] | How? | 怎么做 |
[08:24] | – You ready? – Yes. | – 你准备好了吗 – 当然 |
[08:26] | – You sure? – Positive. | – 你确定吗 – 当然 |
[08:27] | – Move your coffee it might… – Niles! | – 把你的咖啡挪开以防 – Niles |
[08:30] | I’m getting high on reefer. | 哥要抽大麻嗨翻天 |
[08:39] | What? | 你说什么 |
[08:40] | I’ve waited for this all my life, Frasier– | 我这一辈子都在等这个 Frasier |
[08:42] | one act of utter, devil-may-care, | 干一件赤裸裸肆无忌惮的 |
[08:45] | crotch-grabbing brazenness. | 手抓裆部那么没脸没皮的事 |
[08:48] | And, of course, I’ll have a nurse on speed dial | 当然 我把一个看护设置到快速拨号 |
[08:50] | in case things get too hasty. | 就怕到时候手忙脚乱的 |
[08:53] | And exactly which of your connections in the Seattle demimonde | 我只好奇 你认识哪位西雅图风月场所人士 |
[08:55] | is going to get you this reefer? | 能给你搞到大麻 |
[08:57] | Okay, Niles, you’re hooked up. | Niles 你要的货到了 |
[08:59] | Well, oh… | 原来是你 |
[09:03] | Just take a look. | 我就瞧一眼 |
[09:05] | Ah, yes, thick and gooey. | 很好 厚实而绵软 |
[09:08] | Ganja in its purest form. | 最纯粹形式的大麻 |
[09:11] | It’s a pot brownie , you idiot. | 那是加了大麻的布朗尼 你个白痴 |
[09:14] | – My neighbor makes them. – Oh. | – 我邻居自己做的 – 噢 |
[09:18] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[09:19] | My car alarm again.I’ll be right back. | 我车的报警器又响了 我马上回来 |
[09:21] | But Niles! | 但是 Niles |
[09:22] | I can’t wait. I got a date. | 我等不及啊 我还有约会呢 |
[09:24] | You’re not leaving that thing with me. | 你不能把这东西塞给我 |
[09:25] | Oh, come on, Frasier, just give it to Niles. | 拜托 Frasier 交给Niles就行了 |
[09:27] | No, no, no, I refuse. Stop that. Stop that. It is illegal. | 不 不 我不干 拿开 这是犯法的 |
[09:30] | I will have nothing to do with it, for God’s sakes. | 我不想掺和违法乱纪的事 我的老天 |
[09:31] | What do you take me for, some kind of common drug mule? | 你把我当什么了 专门运毒品的人(骡)吗 |
[09:35] | Mule is one word for it. | 骡子就是用来形容你的 |
[09:37] | – Hi, Dad. – How are you doing? | – 嗨 老爸 – 你好吗 |
[09:38] | – I’ll see you back at home. – All right. | – 我们一会儿家里见 – 好的 |
[09:40] | – Hey, Martin. – Hi, how you doing, Roz? | – 嘿 Martin – 你最近好吗 Roz |
[09:41] | Good. How are the holidays treating you? | 很好 你圣诞节过得怎么样啊 |
[09:43] | Cookie? | 来点饼干吗 |
[09:45] | Oh, no, just trying to stay away from things that are bad for me. | 还是算了 我正努力不碰对我”有坏处”的东西 |
[09:48] | Well, that’s where you and I are different. | 看 你和我的区别就在于此 |
[09:50] | Can you give this to Niles? He’ll be right back. | 你能帮我把这个给Niles吗 他马上就回来 |
[09:52] | Yeah, sure. | 好啊 没问题 |
[09:53] | Uh, coffee to go, please. | 一杯咖啡外带 谢谢 |
[10:38] | Could I have a brownie, please? | 请给我块布朗尼蛋糕 谢谢 |
[10:47] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[10:49] | Oh, hey, Niles, um, uh… | 噢 Niles你来了 呃 |
[10:51] | Roz wanted me to give you this. | Roz让我把这个交给你 |
[10:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:56] | Hey, uh, you going to be home tonight? | 嘿 老爸 你今晚待在家吗 |
[10:59] | Yeah, I’m walking home right now. | 是啊 我正准备走回家 |
[11:00] | Oh, good. I’ll see you there . Have a nice trip. | 那好 回头见 路上小心 |
[11:03] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[11:04] | Oh, I will. | 哦 我会的 |
[11:22] | – Hi, Dad. – Hey, Freddy. | – 嗨 老爸 – 嗨 Freddy |
[11:24] | Oh, Andi. | 噢 Andi也来了 |
[11:26] | – How was the mall? – Boring. | – 商店逛的怎么样 – 无聊 |
[11:29] | Except when that fat kid threw up in Santa’s beard. | 除了那胖小子吐在圣诞老人的胡子上 |
[11:32] | That was goth. | 那挺哥特的 |
[11:36] | Oh, the doorman had this for you. | 门卫让我把这个给你 |
[11:38] | Oh God, this must be my tourism promo. | 天呐 这一定是我的旅游宣传片 |
[11:40] | I’ll tell you what, why don’t we have a look at it? | 不如我们一起看啊 |
[11:43] | I just came to get a jacket. | 我只是回来拿夹克衫 |
[11:44] | We’re going to the concert. | 我们正要去音乐会 |
[11:46] | Oh, come on, Freddy. You can spare a couple minutes | 来嘛 Freddy 等会儿再去 |
[11:47] | to check out your old man’s debut as a spokesman. | 先来看你老爹作为代言人的首次亮相 |
[11:50] | Alright, where is that? Here we go. | 遥控器在哪呢 开始吧 |
[11:53] | “Anybody want to go for a walk?” | “有人想出门散个心吗” |
[11:55] | “Then why not come to Seattle?” | “那为何不来西雅图呢” |
[11:57] | Oh, dear God. | 我的老天爷 |
[11:59] | “Where else can you see… an ocean wave… | “何处能见到如此美丽的海浪 |
[12:01] | a fish fly, a mountain peak… | 徒手接飞鱼 傲然的山峰 |
[12:04] | and the world’s largest needle?” | 和世界上最大的太空针塔呢” |
[12:06] | “Come to Seattle.” | “请光临西雅图” |
[12:08] | “Let’s go for a walk.” | “让我们一起走走吧” |
[12:13] | – That is so goth. – It is not goth! | – 这真是太哥特范了 – 这一点都不哥特 |
[12:16] | It’s outrageous. | 这太不像话了 |
[12:18] | It’s like some hideous Frankenstein hybrid | 看上去就像是我和那只笨狗 |
[12:20] | of me and that no-talent dog. | 科学怪人式的惊悚混合体 |
[12:23] | Let’s go. By the way, I’m staying at Andi’s tonight. | 我们走吧 对了 我今晚睡Andi那 |
[12:25] | What? | 你说什么 |
[12:26] | At her uncle’s. We have plans all day tomorrow. | 住她叔叔家 我们明天整天都有安排 |
[12:29] | I’m sorry, Frederick. | 不好意思 Frederick |
[12:29] | You’re not staying anywhere until I hear from her uncle first. | 在我和她叔叔谈过之前 你哪儿都不准去 |
[12:32] | – Oh my God. – I’m sorry, but that is the rule. | – 有没有搞错 – 抱歉 但这是规矩 |
[12:35] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[12:37] | I’ll meet you downstairs. | 你去楼下等我吧 |
[12:42] | Do you know how much you’re embarrassing me? | 你知道你刚才让我多尴尬吗 |
[12:43] | What’s your problem? | 你有啥问题么 |
[12:44] | My problem is that you’ve hardly spent | 我的问题就是 你从来到这 |
[12:46] | one minute here since you arrived. | 就没在家里待超过一分钟 |
[12:47] | Now you tell you have plans all day tomorrow. | 现在你又告诉我你明天都有安排了 |
[12:49] | You’re really making me want to spend time with you now. | 你现在这样子 让我真想跟你待在一起 |
[12:53] | I’d like to know when you going to be home. | 我要知道你什么时候回来 |
[12:54] | Tomorrow, okay? | 明天 行了吗 |
[12:56] | I’ll have her uncle call you. | 我会让她叔叔给你打电话的 |
[12:58] | I never should have come here in the first place. | 早知道我就不该来这里 |
[13:01] | – Freddy. – Hey. | – Freddy – 嘿 |
[13:05] | Hey, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[13:08] | What’s up? | 咋地了 |
[13:10] | Just another joyous holiday moment with my son | 只是另一个可以贴在剪贴簿上的 |
[13:13] | to be pasted into my scrapbook. | 和儿子的节日欢乐日常 |
[13:17] | Aren’t you going to ask me what’s up? | 你难道不问问我咋地了吗 |
[13:18] | Didn’t intend to, no. | 没打算问 |
[13:21] | I’d like you to. | 人家希望你问嘛 |
[13:23] | All right. What’s up? | 好吧 你咋地啦 |
[13:25] | I am. | 我嗨了 |
[13:28] | I’m as high as the Himalayas! | 我嗨得和喜马拉雅峰一样高 |
[13:30] | If I were a city in Germany, I’d be Heidelberg! | 如果我是德国的城市 那铁定是”嗨德堡” |
[13:34] | – Is Dad home yet? – No. | – 老爸回来了没有 – 还没 |
[13:36] | I’ll use this opportunity to up my dosage. | 我要趁这时候再增加点剂量 |
[13:39] | Oh, Niles! | 噢 Niles |
[13:42] | You realize this is illegal? | 你知道这是违法的吗 |
[13:44] | Did you actually drive yourself here? | 还有你是自己开车来的吗 |
[13:46] | I’m a little too toasted for that, Frasier. | 我嗨过头有些记不清了 Frasier |
[13:48] | No, the minute I knew I was getting baked tonight, | 开玩笑的 我知道自个儿今晚会嗨翻天 |
[13:51] | I called a cab. | 所以打车来的 |
[13:52] | And I printed my name and address on a card | 我还印了张有我名字和住址的卡片 |
[13:54] | in my pocket in case I’m still too crispy | 放在上衣口袋里 以防我还有点余嗨 |
[13:57] | to speak to the cab driver taking me home. | 跟的士司机说不清我家在哪 |
[13:59] | I judge by all this rich terminology | 看你说了这么多”术语” |
[14:01] | that you’ve done some research. | 我敢肯定你做了些研究 |
[14:03] | Yes. I know all the symtons I can expect to experience. | 没错 我掌握了所有可能出现的症状 |
[14:06] | I’m especially looking forward | 我个人特别期待的是 |
[14:07] | to something called the “Munchies” stage. | 一个叫”饕餮症”的阶段 |
[14:10] | It’s where one enjoys bizarre food combinations. | 表现为特别想吃奇怪的食物组合 |
[14:13] | I’m thinking of pairing | 我准备混搭 |
[14:15] | this Chilean sea bass with an aggressive zinfandel. | 智利海鲈鱼和金粉黛葡萄酒 |
[14:20] | And this is all to prove a point to Dad? | 这么大费周章只为向爸证明你也会叛逆吗 |
[14:23] | To Dad and for myself. | 向老爸也为了我自己 |
[14:25] | Don’t I have a right just once | 难道我就不能 |
[14:26] | to sip the sweet nectar of rebellion? | 品咂一回叛逆的琼浆玉液吗 |
[14:39] | You know, I gotta go put a jacket on for my date. | 我得拿件外套出门约会了 |
[14:41] | Why don’t you go see if you can help Dad at the door? | 你去看看老爹在门外出啥事儿了 |
[14:50] | Hi, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[14:52] | – Funny you should say that. – Yeah, it is! | – 这话说的贼滑稽 – 贼对的 |
[14:59] | Hey, hey, Niles, let me ask you something. | 嘿 Niles 我想问你件事 |
[15:03] | Do you ever feel like you’d just like to go straight? | 你有没有想过要直着走 |
[15:06] | – What? – I was walking home | – 什么 – 我回来的路上 |
[15:08] | and I kept thinking about all the turns we have to make. | 在想这一路上要拐那么多的弯 |
[15:12] | Right turn, left turn. | 右拐一下 左拐一下 |
[15:15] | How much easier it’d be if we just could go straight | 要是我们一直走就能到家该多方便 |
[15:18] | over the trees, over a building. | 跃过大树 跃过楼顶 |
[15:23] | That’s what a giant would do. | 巨人都是这么走的 |
[15:25] | They should let everybody be a giant for a day. | 每个人都该当一天的巨人 |
[15:35] | If you had any idea how strange you seem to me right now. | 你要是知道我现在看着你有多奇怪就好了 |
[15:41] | Why is everybody saying that to me? | 为什么每个人都这么说 |
[15:45] | By the way, you are welcome. | 顺便一说 你不用谢我了 |
[15:49] | Oh… For what? | 我为什么要谢你 |
[15:51] | For turning you on to the best thing you will ever eat: | 谢我让你吃到最好吃的东西 |
[15:56] | Barbecue pudding chips. | 烧烤布丁薯片 |
[15:59] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[16:00] | They looked at me funny in the store, too, | 店里的人也嘲笑地看着我 |
[16:03] | But you taste that and tell me that’s not better than a woman. | 但你尝尝看 告诉我这怎么就不比女人的味道棒 |
[16:11] | Do you mind? | 能借过下吗 |
[16:14] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我懂了 |
[16:15] | Now you’re such a big star, | 你现在是大明星 |
[16:17] | that the whole world has to revolve around you. | 全世界都围着你转了 |
[16:19] | Fine. I’ll tell you what. | 得 老子告诉你 |
[16:22] | You just gloat all you like. | 你尽管幸灾乐祸吧 |
[16:24] | This is not over between us. | 咱俩之间没完 |
[16:27] | Why am I putting these chips in this pudding? | 我为什么要用薯片来沾布丁呢 |
[16:30] | Well, I was gonna say. | 我正准备说呢 |
[16:30] | I should be dumping the pudding in with the chips. | 直接把布丁倒进薯片里不更方便吗 |
[16:37] | I’ve been having these great ideas all day. | 我今天脑子里涌现许多绝妙的点子 |
[16:40] | I wrote some of them down. Here. | 我记下来一些 你看 |
[16:44] | What do you think this means? | 你觉得这个有什么含义 |
[16:46] | “Dog army.” | “狗狗军队” |
[16:53] | Oh, that cold medicine I took this morning | 今早吃的感冒药 |
[16:55] | is making me feel funny. | 让我感觉有点不舒服 |
[16:57] | – I think I’m going to go sit down for a while. – Whatever. | – 我要去坐下歇一会 – 随便你喽 |
[17:10] | “Anybody want to go for a walk?” | “有人想出门散个心吗” |
[17:12] | “Then why not come to Seattle?” | “那么为何不来西雅图呢” |
[17:14] | Sweet mother! | 我的亲娘咧 |
[17:17] | “Where else can you see an ocean wave… | “何处能见到如此美丽的海浪 |
[17:19] | a fish fly… a mountain peak… | 徒手接飞鱼 傲然的山峰 |
[17:22] | and the world’s largest needle?” | 和世界上最大的太空针塔呢” |
[17:25] | “Come to Seattle.” | “请光临西雅图” |
[17:27] | “Let’s go for a walk.” | “让我们一起走走吧” |
[17:29] | Eddie Eddie? | |
[17:31] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[17:33] | You’re sitting there thinking you’re the king. | 巍然正坐觉得自己是国王呢 |
[17:35] | Well, you’re not. | 但你屁都不是 |
[17:37] | Niles Niles?! | |
[17:42] | All right, I’m off to my date. | 不管你了 我要去约会了 |
[17:44] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. Niles, | 老天爷啊 Niles |
[17:46] | that knife is as sharp as a machete. | 那把刀很锋利 吹毛立断 |
[17:47] | You should not not be chopping with it in your condition. | 就你这情况 不该乱拿它切东西 |
[17:50] | Do that for him, will you, Dad? | 老爸 帮个忙从他手里接过来 |
[17:56] | I’ve come dangerously close to over-braising my chard. | 好危险啊 我的甜菜马上就要煮过头了 |
[18:01] | It’s almost as if something dulled my motor skills. | 好像有啥东西害我动作迟钝啊 |
[18:05] | You sure you don’t want a little of this on the side? | 你确定不想配点这个吃吗 |
[18:07] | I can scoop around the Lucky Charms. | 我可以绕开麦片挖出来冰淇淋给你 |
[18:10] | No, thanks. | 真的不用 谢谢 |
[18:12] | You know me, Dad. | 你懂我的 老爸 |
[18:14] | I’m not much of a rebel. | 我不怎么叛逆 |
[18:16] | Too much of a Goody Two-shoes. | 更多是个假正经 |
[18:22] | Hi, Frasier. | 嗨 Frasier |
[18:25] | But you’ve got to open your mind up. | 但你得解放思想 |
[18:28] | That’s where all the great inventions come from. | 伟大的发明都是这么来的 |
[18:30] | Like, it used to be people would eat too much, | 过去人们只要一胡吃海塞 |
[18:32] | their pants would get tight– big problem. | 裤子就绷得太紧 大难题啊 |
[18:36] | Then one day, | 结果有一天 |
[18:37] | somebody said, “Wait a minute. Why not put elastic in them?” | 有人说”等等 为啥不缝条松紧带在里面呢” |
[18:49] | Hi, Fras. | 嗨 Fras |
[18:50] | Dad, where are your pants? | 老爸 你裤子去哪儿了 |
[18:53] | In the fridge. | 在冰箱里 |
[18:58] | I had a reason. | 我有原因的 |
[19:01] | “Fridge pants. “ | “冰箱裤” |
[19:05] | Dad, when you were at the cafe today, you didn’t | 老爸 今天在咖啡店你该不会 |
[19:08] | eat a brownie that Roz brought for Niles, did you? | 吃了Roz给Niles的布朗尼吧 |
[19:11] | – Yeah, but I replaced it. – For God’s sake! | – 是 但我又买了个给他 – 老天爷啊 |
[19:14] | That was a pot brownie. You’re stoned off your ass! | 那是加了大麻的布朗尼 你已经嗨大发了 |
[19:21] | Well, someone must feel pretty out of it | 有人觉得被排挤了呢 |
[19:23] | being the only one here wasn’t completely burnt. | 这屋里就他没磕嗨 |
[19:28] | Oh, knock it off, you imbecile. You’re as sober as I am. | 得了吧 你个白痴 你和我一样清醒着呢 |
[19:33] | I knew I was feeling woozy. | 我是觉得有点头晕 |
[19:34] | I thought it was that cold medicine I took this morning. | 我还以为是早上吃感冒药的原因 |
[19:37] | – It’s all right, Dad. – Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. | – 没事的 爸 – 天啊 真对不起 |
[19:39] | – Dad, are you all right? – Yeah, I’ll be fine, | – 爸 你没事吧 – 我会没事的 |
[19:42] | but I better go lie down before it really hits me. | 趁还没被撂倒 我赶紧上床躺着吧 |
[19:45] | Come on, boy. | 过来吧 小家伙 |
[19:46] | I’ll be in there in a minute to check on you. | 我过会儿再去看你 |
[19:48] | Oh, suit yourself, Eddie. | 噢 随你的便 Eddie |
[19:58] | Didn’t it occur to you that he was behaving strangely? | 你都没发现他不对劲吗 |
[20:00] | I thought it was me. | 我以为是我不对劲 |
[20:01] | I thought it was the Mary Jane talking. | 我还以为是吸了大麻的正常反应 |
[20:03] | Oh, Niles, please, will you drop the drug lingo? | Niles 拜托 能别再说毒品的行话了吗 |
[20:07] | Frasier, I feel terrible. | Frasier 我感觉糟透了 |
[20:09] | Yes, well, at least you had a better night than I did. | 至少你今晚过得比我要好多了 |
[20:12] | Halfway through our date, Natalie got a phone call. | 约会到一半 Natalie接了个电话 |
[20:15] | An emergency at home. | 说她家里出了急事 |
[20:18] | I decided to take a little walk. | 于是我决定自个儿散散步 |
[20:21] | 20 minutes later I saw her in a different bar with another man. | 20分钟后我看到她和别的男人在另一家酒吧 |
[20:27] | There was no emergency? | 所以根本没急事喽 |
[20:28] | Not unless he had an infected earlobe | 除非是那男的耳垂感染 |
[20:30] | which required an immediate tongue-flicking. | 需要立即用舌头舔舔 |
[20:34] | It’s been a hell of a Christmas. | 这圣诞节过得真闹心 |
[20:36] | I’m so sorry, Frasier. | 真不好意思 Frasier |
[20:39] | Truth be told, I’m most disappointed about | 说实话 最让我寒心的是 |
[20:41] | how things turned with Frederick. | Frederick怎么变成了这样 |
[20:43] | I’ve just felt us drifting apart lately, | 我感觉到我们最近有所疏远 |
[20:45] | and I was hoping that… | 所以才希望 |
[20:47] | we could bond again on this trip. | 通过这次假期加深感情 |
[20:51] | You may have given him a wonderful gift | 你或许可以给他一个很棒的礼物 |
[20:53] | just by letting him rebel against you. | 就是默许他叛逆的行为 |
[20:58] | Something which I am obviously completely incapable of achieving. | 这是我一辈子都可望而不可求的东西 |
[21:02] | Going home. | 我要回去了 |
[21:04] | You’re a good man, Niles. | 你是个好人 Niles |
[21:06] | In a way, isn’t that | 某种意义上说 这难道不是 |
[21:08] | rebelling against rebellion? | 对叛逆本身的反叛吗 |
[21:12] | Nice try. | 别忽悠了 |
[21:13] | All right, look at it this way. | 那好 换个角度说 |
[21:17] | You did get our cop father stoned tonight. | 今晚你让我们的警察老爹嗑药嗑嗨了 |
[21:23] | I did, didn’t I? | 哥做到了 是不是 |
[21:33] | Oh, madness! | 噢 瞎胡闹 |
[21:39] | – Frederick. – Hey. | – Frederick – 嘿 |
[21:41] | What are you doing home? | 你怎么回来了 |
[21:42] | I thought you were spending the night at Andi’s. | 我还以为你今晚在Andi家过夜 |
[21:43] | I changed my mind. Good night. | 我改主意了 晚安 |
[21:47] | Did something happen at the concert? | 是不是音乐会上发生什么事了 |
[21:49] | No. | 没有 |
[21:50] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[21:52] | I can’t help noticing your mascara’s run a little. | 我不禁注意到你睫毛膏晕开了一点 |
[21:58] | Andi ran into a “friend” from her old school. | Andi遇见了一个她以前学校的”朋友” |
[22:02] | Ah. | 原来如此 |
[22:04] | Another boy. | 别的男孩 |
[22:05] | She hardly talked to me the whole night. | 她整个晚上都没和我说话 |
[22:08] | I’m sorry, son. | 抱歉 儿子 |
[22:10] | These things happen. | 这种事难免发生 |
[22:13] | Well, they always stink. | 让人感觉糟透了 |
[22:15] | Did it ever happen to you, Dad? | 在你身上发生过吗 老爸 |
[22:18] | It may have. | 也许吧 |
[22:22] | Tell you what. You know, I’ve got a box of that cereal | 那什么 我这正好有一盒 |
[22:24] | you used to like. What do you say I | 你爱吃的麦片 不如咱们 |
[22:26] | pour us a bowl and I’ll tell you a story or two. | 倒碗麦片 顺便给你讲一两个故事 |
[22:30] | It’s happened to you more than once? | 还不止发生过一次呢 |
[22:34] | I’ll pour you a big bowl. | 我会给你倒一大碗 |