时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | May I get my usual, please? | 老样子 谢谢 |
[00:10] | Well, you’re in a good mood. What’s up? | 你心情不错啊 有什么开心事 |
[00:12] | Well, actually… | 这个嘛 |
[00:13] | No, I better not. Don’t want to jinx it. | 还是不说了 不想乌鸦嘴 |
[00:16] | No problem. | 随你便 |
[00:17] | Besides, the mark of a true gentleman is discretion. | 再说了 谨言慎行才是真君子 |
[00:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:20] | Listen, about your dad’s bachelor party… | 关于你爸爸的单身派对的事 |
[00:22] | Charlotte and I spent the night together. | Charlotte和我共度春宵了 |
[00:25] | I thought she was seeing that super-hotty Frank. | 她不是和那个型男Frank在约会吗 |
[00:27] | Dumped him, thank you. | 把他甩了 谢天谢地 |
[00:30] | For you? | 就为了你 |
[00:31] | I mean, wow! Way to go! | 呃 我是说 你够行的啊 |
[00:33] | Yes, I know. | 那还用说 |
[00:34] | It’s funny I should end up | 其实还挺有意思的 |
[00:35] | with my own matchmaker, isn’t it? | 我竟然和我的媒人成了 是吗 |
[00:37] | Yeah. I mean, that Frank was the whole package. | 没错 但是那个Frank可是简直了 |
[00:40] | Those eyes, | 那电眼 |
[00:42] | that chin, that bod that wouldn’t quit. | 那俏下巴 还有那叫人挪不开眼的身材 |
[00:44] | Yes, well, it didn’t have to quit; it was fired. | 好吧 不需要让你挪眼了 他自己都挪走了 |
[00:47] | Uh, thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[00:48] | Now, you were saying something about my dad’s bachelor party? | 你刚不是说到我爸的单身派对吗 |
[00:50] | Yeah. And weren’t you having a problem deciding on the entertainment? | 对 你不是说还没决定好助兴节目吗 |
[00:52] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[00:54] | Well, there’s this girl in my spin class, | 我在动感单车班上认识了个女的 |
[00:56] | and she does it all– strips, lap dances, movies. | 她什么活都接 脱衣舞 艳舞 小电影 |
[01:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:00] | Would I be familiar with her work? | 有什么成名作之类的吗 |
[01:01] | I don’t know. Have you seen Grinding Nemo? | 不清楚 你看过<贴身总动员>吗 |
[01:06] | Anyway, I invited her over here so you could check her out. | 总之我约了她过来 你可以自己看看 |
[01:08] | She’s going to be here any second. | 她应该马上就来了 |
[01:09] | Her name is Amber Licious. | 她叫可口小Amber |
[01:10] | Really? Well… | 是吗 不过 |
[01:12] | I’m afraid I can’t do it right now. | 我现在恐怕没空 |
[01:13] | I’m meeting Charlotte for coffee. Uh… | 我和Charlotte约了咖啡 |
[01:15] | You can tell her yourself. | 你自己给她说吧 |
[01:16] | Hey, Amber. | 嗨 Amber |
[01:17] | Hi, Roz. How are you? | 你好 Roz |
[01:18] | This is Frasier. | 这是Frasier |
[01:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:20] | Hello. Uh, how do you do, Miss Licious? Uh… | 嗨 你还好吧 可口小姐 |
[01:24] | Um, I’m terribly sorry, but, | 呃 我很抱歉 |
[01:25] | uh, I’ve got something scheduled | 我现在还有点事 |
[01:27] | so I’ll have to postpone our interview. | 我们的面试只能推后了 |
[01:28] | Perhaps we could meet, uh, this evening at my place, around 7:00? | 我们能不能 今晚七点在我那儿见面 |
[01:31] | I live at the Elliot Bay Towers. | 我住在艾略特湾 |
[01:33] | Can we make it 7:30? | 能不能放到七点半 |
[01:34] | I have to go redub some groans for He Biscuit. | 我得去给<男人甜心饼>ZQ再录点呻吟音效 |
[01:37] | Well, I’ll see you then. Great. | 好的 那我们就晚上见 |
[01:40] | – Frasier? – Hmm? Oh, uh… | – Frasier – 嗯 哦 |
[01:42] | Oh, hi. Listen, I… | 哦 那什么 我 |
[01:43] | Gosh, I’m sorry I had to dash off this morning. | 不好意思我今早走的太匆忙了 |
[01:45] | No, it’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[01:46] | I have to dash off myself right now. | 我这会儿也得赶紧走 |
[01:48] | Oh, I thought we were having coffee. | 不是要一起喝咖啡的吗 |
[01:49] | We were. I forgot, | 本来是的 我忘了说 |
[01:50] | I have to catch a train to Portland in 20 minutes. | 我得去赶一趟到波特兰的火车 只有二十分钟了 |
[01:52] | I’m giving a talk to the Northwest Businesswoman’ Association. I’m sorry. | 我要去给西北职业女性协会做一个演讲 对不起 |
[01:55] | Oh, no, it’s all right. | 哦 没事的 |
[01:56] | I’m sure you’ll be wonderful . | 你一定会表现得很好的 |
[01:58] | Yeah. It’s a good speech. | 没错 演讲得是挺好的 |
[01:59] | I gave it last year to the Midwest Businesswoman’s Association. | 去年已经给中西部职业女性协会讲过了 |
[02:02] | Anyway, I’ll be back Sunday night. | 好了 我周日晚上就回来 |
[02:04] | We can have dinner then. | 我们到时可以一起吃晚饭 |
[02:05] | I-I really should catch a cab. | 我必须得去叫车了 |
[02:07] | Maybe I could just drive you to the station. | 我可以直接把你送去车站啊 |
[02:09] | Oh, you don’t have to do that. | 哦 你不必这样的 |
[02:11] | No, no. I’d like to. | 没什么 我愿意 |
[02:12] | Besides, I’ve always been a sucker | 再说了 我一直都想做一次 |
[02:13] | for that romantic, movie-ending good-bye– | 那种浪漫的 像电影结局一般的道别 |
[02:15] | a fog-shrouded train platform, a-a passionate kiss. | 在烟雾弥漫的站台 共享一个激情的拥吻 |
[02:19] | With a romantic dip. | 伴随着一个浪漫的傻瓜(倾身) |
[02:21] | Yes, well, | 好吧 |
[02:21] | maybe I am, but there are damn few of us left. | 我可能是个傻瓜 但像我这样的人不多了 |
[02:24] | – Dip, dip, dip… – Oh. | – 我是说这样 这样 – 哦哦 |
[02:30] | So, I could make us a reservation for dinner on Sunday. | 我应该预定好周日的晚餐 |
[02:32] | – I would suggest Cucina. – Yeah, okay. | – 库契纳怎么样 – 行吧 |
[02:35] | Charlotte, you seem a little distracted. | Charlotte 你有点心不在焉 |
[02:38] | Is there something on your mind? | 有什么烦心事吗 |
[02:41] | Charlotte Charlotte? | |
[02:42] | Oh, Frasier. | 哦 Frasier |
[02:44] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[02:46] | Look. I-I really don’t want to get into this now. | 我现在真的不想谈这些的 |
[02:48] | Why don’t we talk about it Sunday night? | 我们周日的时候再聊好吗 |
[02:49] | Please, I can’t wait till Sunday. | 你就说吧 我等不到周日的 |
[02:52] | My imagination will torture me. | 我会胡思乱想的 |
[02:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:57] | I’m moving back to Chicago in three weeks. | 再过三周我就要回芝加哥了 |
[02:59] | Three weeks? | 只剩三周 |
[03:00] | It’s not you. | 这不是你的问题 |
[03:01] | I bought my old business back from my ex. I… | 我把生意从前夫手里买回来了 |
[03:05] | I know I should have told you sooner, | 我应该早点告诉你的 |
[03:06] | but it was never the right time. | 但一直没找到机会 |
[03:10] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:12] | I had to blab to Roz. | 果然被我乌鸦嘴了 |
[03:15] | What? | 什么 |
[03:16] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:18] | Are you sure? | 你非得回去吗 |
[03:21] | This all happened before we got together. | 这事早在你我一起前就定好了 |
[03:24] | Well, let’s look on the bright side. | 我们往好处想想 |
[03:27] | I mean, Chicago isn’t that far away. | 反正芝加哥离得也不远 |
[03:28] | I don’t want a long-distance relationship, | 我不想谈异地恋 |
[03:30] | and neither do you. | 你肯定也不想 |
[03:32] | You said so on your application. | 你的个人信息里写了 |
[03:35] | Okay. But you know, we still have, uh, three weeks. | 好吧 但是 我们不还有这半个多月吗 |
[03:39] | Don’t be hurt, but… | 别想太多 |
[03:41] | if someone called your show and said, | 如果你的听众打热线问你 |
[03:43] | “I’m leaving town in three weeks. | “我马上就要去外地 |
[03:45] | Should I get involved with someone?” | 应不应该陷入一段恋情” |
[03:46] | What would you say? | 你会怎么说 |
[03:49] | I’d say it was foolish to take the plunge | 我会说这样冲动是愚蠢的 |
[03:51] | and bring up feelings that must be dashed, and so forth. | 这样的情感总会让人失望 等等之类 |
[03:55] | But what do I know? | 但我又懂什么呢 |
[03:56] | I’m not infallible | 我又不是永远都对 |
[03:59] | Frasier Frasier… | |
[04:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:07] | Son of a bitch! | 去你的 |
[04:09] | Ooh, I’m sorry . My hand slipped. | 对不起 是我手滑了 |
[04:10] | No, no. It’s my train. | 没说你 是我的火车 |
[04:11] | Damn it! | 去他的 |
[04:12] | Oh, dear. All right, look, | 哦 亲爱的 呃 |
[04:13] | Uh, the next station isn’t too far. | 下个站台不是很远 |
[04:14] | I-I bet I can beat the train. | 我一定能赶上火车的 |
[04:21] | Well, round two to Amtrak. | 好吧 第二回合美铁赢了 |
[04:26] | I could drive us to the next station. | 我可以继续开到下一站 |
[04:27] | Okay, but you do know | 好 但是你要知道 |
[04:29] | you’re going to have to drive a little faster. | 你必须得开快点了 |
[04:33] | You do realize we got passed by a school bus | 你知道我们都被那辆校车超了吧 |
[04:35] | and a prefab home? | 还有个活动板房 |
[04:38] | Point taken. | 我了解了 |
[04:41] | I really do appreciate this. | 我真的很感激你这么做 |
[04:42] | Oh, it’s all right | 没什么的 |
[04:44] | Didn’t have anything else to do. | 反正我也没什么事 |
[04:46] | Oh, dear. | 哦 对了 |
[04:49] | I’ve got t o make a call. | 我得先打个电话 |
[04:50] | Could you hold the wheel, please? | 先抓住方向盘好吗 |
[04:52] | I just, uh, got this. | 这是我刚买的 |
[04:54] | It’s a… it’s a… A hands-free unit. | 这样就不用手拿电话了 |
[04:57] | Much, uh, much, much safer. | 开车安全多了 |
[05:02] | Can we just meet her? | 我们就跟她见一面吧 |
[05:03] | Everyone in Frasier’s building raves about her, | Frasier公寓里的人都对她说三道四的 |
[05:04] | and I hear she’s unhappy. | 我听说她很不开心 |
[05:05] | I just hate the idea of poaching the Steingarden’s nanny. | 我真的不想管别人保姆的闲事 |
[05:09] | I seem to recall you poaching another man’s fiance’ once. | 但你还管过别人未婚妻的闲事呢 |
[05:12] | Oh, Daphne, I was in college. I… | Daphne 我那会儿还是个大学生 |
[05:15] | Oh, you mean… | 哦 你是说那次 |
[05:18] | Well, who did you mean? | 你说的是哪次 |
[05:19] | Sorry. I have to get this. | 不好意思 我得接个电话 |
[05:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:22] | – Niles. – Frasier. | – Niles – 是Frasier啊 |
[05:23] | Listen, you remember that idea we proposed | 你还记得咱们上次说的那事吗 |
[05:25] | about Dad’s party? | 咱爸派对的事 |
[05:26] | The, uh, the entertainer? Oh. | 派对的助兴节目 |
[05:29] | The klezmer band? | 犹太喜乐吗 |
[05:31] | No, no. The stripper. | 不 我是说脱衣舞娘 |
[05:34] | Uh, well, I found one. | 我找到人选了 |
[05:36] | Daphne’s fine, thank you for asking. | Daphne挺好的 谢谢你的问候 |
[05:37] | She’s right he re beside me. | 她现在就在我边上呢 |
[05:40] | Niles, I’m supposed to interview her this evening at 7:30 at my place. | Niles 本来我晚上七点半要面试她的 在我那 |
[05:43] | I can’t make it. | 现在不行了 |
[05:44] | Something came up, you’ll have to do it for me. | 我临时有急事 面试得你来了 |
[05:46] | Oh, no, thank you. | 哦 不用了 谢谢 |
[05:49] | Niles, if you’re worried about Dad being there. | Niles 如果你是怕爸也在 |
[05:50] | He’s got a date with Ronee tonight. | 他今晚和Ronee有约 |
[05:54] | Don’t we want south? | 不是应该往南开吗 |
[05:55] | Listen, Niles, I-I know that you get nervous | Niles 我知道你看到舞女之类的 |
[05:57] | around fan dancers and their ilk, | 会比较紧张 |
[06:00] | but you have got to conquer your fear. | 但这回你必须克服自己的困难 |
[06:02] | Thank you. I’ll talk to you later. Good-bye. | 多谢了 回头再跟你联系 再见 |
[06:04] | South. | 往南开 |
[06:05] | What? I’m sorry? | 什么 我没注意 |
[06:06] | South! South! | 往南 南边 |
[06:07] | What? What? | 什么 |
[06:08] | South! | 南边 |
[06:09] | Oh, dear, uh… | 哦 天哪 这个 |
[06:11] | You know, perhaps it would be best if you just said left or right. | 其实你可以直接说左右的 |
[06:15] | It’s not like there’s a compass in the car. | 车里又没有指南针 |
[06:16] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[06:18] | Oh, well, I’ll be damned | 还真有啊 算我错了 |
[06:20] | What’s that red light? | 我是说亮着的红灯 |
[06:22] | Hmm. Oh, that. | 哦 那个啊 |
[06:23] | Oh, that’s nothing to worry about. | 不用管那个 |
[06:24] | It’s been on for months. | 都亮了好几个月了 |
[06:27] | I think there’ s something wrong with the bulb. | 估计是指示灯出什么问题了 |
[06:35] | Cell phones don’t work here. | 这根本没信号 |
[06:37] | Please tell me you know what’s wrong with the car. | 你一定清楚车出什么问题了 对吧 |
[06:40] | Not a clue. | 完全不清楚 |
[06:42] | I opened the hood as a mere formality. | 我看引擎只是例行公事而已 |
[06:47] | 邻居们说Jonathan 是个内向的好男孩 | |
[06:53] | Hello? | 你好 |
[06:53] | Uh, we’re terribly sorry to bother you, | 非常抱歉打扰您 |
[06:56] | but our car has broken down. | 我们的车半路抛锚了 |
[06:58] | Well, come on in out of that cold. | 那快进来吧 大冷天的 |
[07:00] | My husband knows everything about cars. | 车的事我老公最懂了 |
[07:03] | Harbin, these people’s car broke down. | Harbin 他们的车抛锚了 |
[07:07] | Go take a look at it for them. | 去帮他们看看 |
[07:09] | Harbin Harbin! | |
[07:13] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 太感谢了 |
[07:14] | We certainly appreciate that. | 我们不胜感激 |
[07:17] | Have a seat and have a cup of coffee | 坐下来喝杯咖啡吧 |
[07:19] | and warm up. | 暖和一下 |
[07:21] | I’m Sue, by the way. | 介绍一下 我是Sue |
[07:22] | Thank you. You’re very kind. | 谢谢 你太善良了 |
[07:24] | Yes, yes, indeed. | 真的很善良 |
[07:25] | – I’m Charlotte. – And I’m Frasier. | – 我是Charlotte – 我是Frasier |
[07:28] | Gosh, you seem to be preparing for some sort of a party. | 天哪 你们是在准备什么聚会吗 |
[07:31] | Well, Harbin’s mother passed away, | 是的 Harbin的母亲去世了 |
[07:33] | so people will be coming over tomorrow. | 悼念的人明天会过来 |
[07:35] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. | 哦 天哪 太抱歉了 |
[07:37] | We should get out of your hair. | 我们不应该再打扰你了 |
[07:38] | Oh, no, please! The company will do us good. | 没事的 有点陪伴是好的 |
[07:40] | Harbin really perked up when you came in. | 你们刚刚进来 就让Harbin振作起来了 |
[07:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:45] | Because he seems to be crying in our car. | 他好像在我们的车里哭呢 |
[07:49] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:52] | Harbin Harbin! | |
[07:53] | For goodness sake, pop the hood! | 得了吧你 赶紧看看引擎吧 |
[07:58] | You will have to excuse him. | 麻烦你们见谅 |
[07:59] | He was very attached to his mother. | 他和他母亲的关系非常紧密 |
[08:02] | A little too attached for my taste. | 在我看来太紧密了 |
[08:04] | Hi, baby. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[08:08] | Who are these? | 他们是谁 |
[08:10] | Their car broke down. | 他们的车坏了 |
[08:11] | This is my son Jonathan. | 这是我儿子Jonathan |
[08:13] | Isn’t he handsome? | 是不是很帅 |
[08:16] | Jonathan, this is Frasier and Charlotte. | Jonathan 这是Frasier和Charlotte |
[08:18] | How do you do? | 你们还好吧 |
[08:19] | Yes, nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[08:22] | How is your project today, baby? | 你的工作进行的怎么样了 宝贝 |
[08:24] | Fine, Mother. | 挺好的 妈 |
[08:26] | You want a butterscotch? | 你要奶油糖吗 |
[08:29] | No, I’m good. I’m good | 不用了 谢谢 |
[08:32] | So what are you making? | 那 你在忙什么呢 |
[08:35] | Art. | 艺术 |
[08:37] | He won’t let any of us see it till it’s finished. | 在完成之前 他都不让我们看 |
[08:40] | Oh. So, how’s our car? | 这样啊 哦 我们的车怎么样了 |
[08:43] | Can we just scoot right away from here? | 我们现在能上路了吗 |
[08:45] | No, I’ll have to… | 上不了路 |
[08:46] | drive to town tomorrow for the parts. | 明天我得去镇上买零件 |
[08:48] | What happened? | 车怎么坏的 |
[08:49] | Well, we were just driving along the highway | 呃 我们就正在公路上开着 |
[08:52] | and suddenly the engine just died. | 发动机突然就挂了 |
[08:55] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:01] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:05] | Will you please cut out the hangdog bit, | 你能不能别唧唧歪歪的了 |
[09:07] | Mr. Welcome Wagon? | 好客先生 |
[09:08] | We got company! | 我们现在有客人 |
[09:10] | Get in there, show ’em some manners. | 过去 有点主人的礼节 |
[09:11] | Offer them a place to stay for the night. | 给他们安排个过夜的地方 |
[09:14] | You’re not gonna like it here. | 你们不会喜欢这里的 |
[09:18] | Of course, of course, | 呃 当然了 |
[09:20] | you’ll have to spend the night. | 你们得留下过夜 |
[09:22] | We couldn’t. | 我们不麻烦了 |
[09:23] | No, we really, really couldn’t. | 真的不麻烦你们了 |
[09:25] | There must be a hotel in town. | 镇上肯定有宾馆的 |
[09:27] | What does this look like, Lancaster? | 你们当这是哪 兰开斯特吗 |
[09:33] | It’s no problem. | 没问题的 |
[09:34] | You could bunk with Jonathan, | 你可以和Jonathan挤一挤 |
[09:36] | and Charlotte, you could have the fold-out. | Charlotte 你可以睡折叠床 |
[09:38] | I’ll help make up your bed. | 我来帮你铺床 |
[09:39] | No, it’s okay. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[09:41] | We-we’ll stay together. | 我们俩待一起就行 |
[09:42] | Yes, that’s right, together. | 对 我俩一起 |
[09:43] | Well, are you married? | 你们是夫妻吗 |
[09:45] | Because we don’t want to set a bad example. | 毕竟我们不想要什么坏的影响 |
[09:47] | Oh, yes, yes. Yes, married. We’re married. | 是的是的 我们结婚了 |
[09:50] | For how long? | 结婚多久了 |
[09:51] | – Eighteen months. – Oh, two years. | – 一年半了 – 两年 |
[09:56] | Hey, Ronee, it’s me. | 嗨 Ronee 是我 |
[09:58] | Uh, I got to interview a new physical therapist to fill in for Daph, | 我得面试我的新理疗师来代替Daph |
[10:01] | so pick me up 15 minutes later, okay? | 过15分钟再来接我吧 |
[10:05] | Well, just have a drink. | 你自己先喝一杯 |
[10:07] | Well, have another one! | 那就再喝一杯 |
[10:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:13] | Maybe I’ll pick you up. | 那看来得我去接你 |
[10:16] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[10:18] | You’re too busy to answer the phone. | 你都忙得不接电话 |
[10:20] | But I’m just about to interview this stripper, | 我马上就要面试那个脱衣舞娘了 |
[10:22] | and I have no idea what to ask. | 而且我根本不知道该问什么 |
[10:25] | I just hope Dad doesn’t walk in and spoil the surprise. | 我只希望不要被爸撞见 破坏惊喜 |
[10:28] | I’m already developing some sort | 就给你说话这会儿 |
[10:30] | of aversion-based mouth dryness as we speak. | 我的嘴已经因为厌恶开始发干了 |
[10:35] | This is Niles, by the way. | 还有 我是Niles |
[10:40] | Hey, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[10:41] | Oh! | 噢 |
[10:44] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[10:46] | Frasier is going to split a case of oloroso with me, | Frasier要给我分半箱甜雪利酒 |
[10:49] | because we both like oloroso. | 我们都爱喝甜雪利 |
[10:50] | But he’s not here, so I’ll stop bothering you | 他既然不在 我也就不打扰你了 |
[10:52] | Nice chatting. | 和你聊得很开心 |
[10:55] | Oh! Oh! | 哦 你来了 |
[10:57] | Are you-you here for the interview? | 你 你是来面试的吗 |
[10:59] | Yes. Crane, right? | 是的 Crane先生是吗 |
[11:01] | Uh, yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[11:02] | But, um… uh… the place is a mess. | 但是 呃 家里有点乱 |
[11:05] | Do you mind if we… if we talk in the lobby? | 我们能在楼下大厅聊吗 |
[11:07] | – I guess that’s okay. – Wonderful. | – 可以啊 – 太好了 |
[11:19] | Uh, so… | 呃 那个 |
[11:21] | How-how long have you been doing what you do? | 你干这行多久了 |
[11:23] | Oh, years now. | 很多年了 |
[11:25] | At first I just did it for friends, but then I thought, | 开始我只是给朋友提供服务 但是后来我想 |
[11:27] | “Why am I giving this away when I can make money at it?” | “既然能挣钱那我干嘛不当个营生呢” |
[11:31] | Here are my references. | 这是我的推荐信 |
[11:32] | Oh! I didn’t know you people had references. | 哦 没想你们也写推荐信 |
[11:36] | Let alone… | 更别说还是 |
[11:38] | The mayor?! | 市长推荐 |
[11:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:40] | I started with him, | 他是我第一个顾客 |
[11:42] | and now I do most of the city council. | 现在我主要给市议会那些人做 |
[11:46] | Uh, well, uh, that’s-that’ s good enough for me. | 哦 这 这对我来说足够好了 |
[11:48] | You’re hired. | 你被录用了 |
[11:49] | Shouldn’t your dad meet me before you decide? | 在你决定之前 我不用跟你父亲见个面吗 |
[11:51] | Oh, no, no. We don’t want him to see you | 不用不用 在你脱衣服之前 |
[11:53] | till you’re taking off your clothes. | 我不想让我父亲看见你 |
[11:56] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[11:58] | And why are you sweating so much? | 而且你干嘛留这么多汗 |
[12:00] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[12:01] | I’m just, I’m just a little ill at ease around, you know… | 只是 和你们同处一室让我不太舒服 你懂得 |
[12:04] | What? | 懂什么 |
[12:07] | Sex workers! | 你们这些性工作者 |
[12:10] | Ew! | 恶 |
[12:12] | Get away from me, you freak! | 滚开 你个变态 |
[12:17] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[12:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[12:21] | What are you doing here, and why are you so sweaty? | 你干嘛呢 为什么流那么多汗 |
[12:25] | I was talking to Dad about my case of oloroso. | 我正和爸说我那箱雪利酒的事 |
[12:28] | Oh, well, if it doesn’t clear up by tomorrow, | 明天你要是还这么出虚汗 |
[12:30] | you should call a doctor. | 就该看个医生了 |
[12:31] | I will. | 知道了 |
[12:33] | Oh! | 哦 |
[12:35] | Hello, Kathy! | 你好 Kathy |
[12:36] | Yeah, it’s Daphne Crane. | 是我 Daphne Crane |
[12:37] | Listen I’m going to be over here in 1901, | 我门牌号是1901 |
[12:39] | and I was wondering if we could finally meet. | 能不能和你见个面 |
[12:41] | Oh, that’s wonderful! | 那太棒了 |
[12:42] | Don’t even call it an interview. | 你还用面试吗 |
[12:44] | Everyone says you’re the best nanny in Seattle. | 所有人都说你是西雅图最好的保姆 |
[12:46] | Good. I’ll see you up there, then. | 好的 那我们楼上见好吗 |
[12:51] | Oh, wow, that was fast. | 哦 你这么快啊 |
[12:53] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[12:55] | All right. What happened to Dr. Crane? | 好的 Crane医生呢 |
[12:56] | Oh, he’s not feeling well. | 他人有点不舒服 |
[12:58] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你肯过来 |
[12:59] | I know you’re busy. | 我知道你很忙 |
[13:01] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐下吧 |
[13:02] | Oh, thanks. Yeah, right after this, | 谢谢 我们结束之后 |
[13:03] | I have to go pick up a new teddy. | 我还得去见个性感男人(泰迪狗) |
[13:05] | Oh! That’s so sweet! | 太可爱了 |
[13:09] | Well, I’ll make this quick, then. | 那我们就快点吧 |
[13:11] | We’re not expecting anything fancy. | 我们并不想要什么太炫的东西 |
[13:13] | Just the basic burping, diapering and so forth. | 就注意给拍拍嗝 换换尿布什么的 |
[13:17] | Okay, I guess I’m game for that. | 没问题 我都可以 |
[13:19] | Oh, wonderful! | 太棒了 |
[13:20] | Why don’t I make us some tea, and we can talk? | 我先泡两杯茶咱们再慢慢聊 |
[13:22] | Great! Uh, did you want me to wear something special? | 好的 需要我穿什么特别的服装吗 |
[13:25] | Oh! Since you ask, | 既然你也说了 |
[13:27] | I’ve always been partial to a simple white nurse’s uniform | 我一直挺喜欢白色护士服的 |
[13:30] | It’s a classic. | 毕竟是经典 |
[13:36] | Oh, hi! I thought I heard some talking out here. | 嗨 我就说听见外面有人在讲话 |
[13:38] | I’m Marty Crane. Hi. | 我是Marty Crane 嗨 |
[13:40] | – How you doing? – Great. | – 你怎么样 – 我很好 |
[13:41] | Yeah. So, Daphne give you the third degree? | Daphne是不是问这问那的 |
[13:42] | – Oh, not really. – No? Well, that’s good. | – 那倒没有 – 没有就好 |
[13:44] | I think she’s a little sensitive, you know, | 她现在可能比较敏感 你知道的 |
[13:46] | about being replaced. | 关于被替换这事 |
[13:47] | She’s been doing me for ten years. | 她已经为我干了十年了 |
[13:51] | Oh! But then she got pregnant. | 这样啊 不过现在她怀孕了 |
[13:52] | Right, right. | 是啊 |
[13:53] | But you know, lately she’s been having me up on the table. | 最近她总是在桌子上弄 |
[13:56] | I like it better on the floor. | 但我更喜欢在地上 |
[13:59] | The floor all right with you? | 你能接受在地上吗 |
[14:00] | It’s your dime. | 你说哪就哪 |
[14:01] | Great, great. | 太好了 |
[14:03] | Well, uh, maybe you could show me your stuff. | 那你能给我展示一下吗 |
[14:05] | Oh… I’ll never hear the end of it | 如果不先试试的话 |
[14:07] | if I don’t take you out for a spin. | 我也没法敲板 |
[14:10] | Oh, sure. I just need to change. | 当然 我得先去换衣服 |
[14:11] | – Oh, yeah. The powder room’s right there. – Here? Okay. | – 好的 盥洗室在那边 – 在这么 |
[14:19] | Where did she go? | 她人呢 |
[14:20] | You didn’t drive her off, did you? | 不会是你把她赶走了吧 |
[14:22] | No, not at all. I like her. | 没有啊 我挺喜欢她的 |
[14:23] | What do you think about her? | 你觉得她怎么样 |
[14:24] | – I like her a lot. – Good! | – 我很喜欢她 – 那就好 |
[14:25] | ‘Course we won’t really know till we see her in action. | 但不看看真本事我们也没法确定 |
[14:28] | Ta-dah! | 怎么样 |
[14:33] | You’re hired! | 你被录用了 |
[14:41] | – Hi, sweetie! – Hi. | – 哦 亲爱的 – 嗨 |
[14:42] | – You’ve been gone for 20 minutes? – Yes. | – 你都出去二十分钟了 – 没错 |
[14:44] | Well, uh, Harbin was just giving me a tour of my engine…Uh… | Harbin带我看了下我车的引擎 |
[14:47] | You’ve got either a blown rod bearing or a loose pin. | 要不是杆轴承裂了就是销松了 |
[14:50] | We had a stethoscope, I’m sure we could tell the difference. | 我们有个听诊器 肯定能查出来的 |
[14:53] | Oh, yes, well, you know, | 好吧 但是 |
[14:53] | I’m so hopeless with cars. | 我对车一窍不通 |
[14:55] | I know I would just misdiagnose it. | 肯定会误诊问题的 |
[14:58] | Wouldn’t be the first misdiagnosis that ever happened. | 反正我们家误诊也不是第一次了 |
[15:03] | Friend Charlotte…Where’s your ring? | 我的朋友Charlotte 你的戒指在哪 |
[15:08] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[15:09] | I thought most married women wore a ring, | 结了婚的女人不是都戴戒指吗 |
[15:11] | yet your hand is bare and white. | 你的手却空空如也 |
[15:16] | Yes, I-it is. | 是的 就是这样 |
[15:17] | Um… | 呃 |
[15:19] | that’s because this is the hand that I… | 那是因为她的这双手 |
[15:22] | fell in love with… | 就是我爱她的原因 |
[15:25] | a hand too… too perfect | 这么完美的一双手 |
[15:27] | for, uh… | 不能 |
[15:28] | the profanity of gold or-or platinum. | 不能被金银所亵渎 |
[15:33] | After all, what diamond could possibly rival the… | 毕竟 没有任何一种钻石 |
[15:37] | sparkle in those eyes? | 能够比得上她眼睛里的光芒 |
[15:39] | I’ll take my coffee in the living room, you don’t mind! | 咖啡我就在起居室喝了 你们可别介意 |
[15:45] | If that will make you happy, Harbin. | 你开心就好 Harbin |
[15:49] | Shall we? | 我们过去吧 |
[16:01] | This is Grandma. | 这是我奶奶 |
[16:05] | We… had no idea. | 我 我们不明白 |
[16:07] | We are having the wake here tomorrow. | 我们明早在这守灵 |
[16:10] | Mama loved to party. | 妈妈最喜欢开派对 |
[16:16] | Excuse me again. | 又让你们看笑话了 |
[16:20] | Yeah, she loved to party, all right, | 当然了 她就爱开派对 |
[16:22] | with me as her personal slave and handmaiden, | 我还得当她的私人女奴 |
[16:26] | doing all the cooking and the cleaning | 做饭 打扫都是我来 |
[16:28] | and the wiping her sorry… | 还得收拾她那 |
[16:31] | Sugar? | 谁要糖 |
[16:33] | You know, we’re a bit tired, really. | 我们真的有点累了 |
[16:36] | Maybe we could just turn in? | 我们就先休息了 |
[16:37] | Well, help me get the cushions off the fold-up. | 过来帮我把垫子拿掉 |
[16:40] | We’ll make up the bed. | 收拾个床出来 |
[16:43] | You mean, we’re-we’r e sleeping in here? | 我们是要睡在这里吗 |
[16:46] | Well, there’s Mama’s bed | 倒是有老太太的床 |
[16:49] | But that’s in our room. | 但那在我们房间里 |
[16:58] | This’ll be fine. | 现在这样就挺好的 |
[17:07] | Did you hear that? | 你听见了吗 |
[17:08] | What? | 什么 |
[17:10] | That! | 那个 |
[17:11] | What do you think he’s doing down there? | 你说他在那干嘛呢 |
[17:13] | – Well, how should I know? He’s your friend. – Shh! | – 我怎么知道 他是你的朋友 – 嘘 |
[17:36] | Grandma? | 奶奶 |
[17:39] | It’s Jonathan. | 我是Jonathan |
[17:42] | I just wanted to tell you | 我就是想告诉你 |
[17:44] | that our little secret is still safe. | 我们之间的小秘密依然安全 |
[17:59] | Well, this tops anything that would have happened at the Portland Radisson. | 这可真是比去波特兰住酒店刺激多了 |
[18:21] | Hi, Mama! | 嗨 妈妈 |
[18:24] | I can’t believe I’m not going to get one more hug. | 不敢相信我再也没法得到你的拥抱了 |
[18:30] | What’s that? | 你说什么 |
[18:32] | One more? | 再抱一下吗 |
[18:50] | I better go, Mama. | 我得走了 妈妈 |
[18:53] | I’m sorry I scraped your head with my watch. | 不好意思我的表挂到你头了 |
[19:08] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[19:10] | he said the same thing to my engine | 他当时打开引擎盖之后 |
[19:13] | when he opened the hood. | 对发动机说了一模一样的话 |
[19:25] | Charlotte Charlotte… | |
[19:28] | I’m afraid we’re making a terrible mistake. | 我觉得我们做了个糟糕的决定 |
[19:30] | Frasier, I’m not switching sides again. | Frasier 我不想再和你换边了 |
[19:33] | No. | 不是 |
[19:35] | I mean, writing off these three weeks | 我是说 难道因为你要离开 |
[19:37] | just ’cause you’re moving. | 我们就要把这三周一笔勾销吗 |
[19:39] | I had a great time with you today. | 我们今天过得很愉快 |
[19:41] | And with somebody else, it would have been a disaster. | 要是别人的话 简直是个灾难 |
[19:44] | With somebody else, | 要是别人 |
[19:44] | I would have been in Portland. | 我这会儿都在波特兰了 |
[19:47] | Come on. You know what I’m talking about. | 别开玩笑了 你知道我在说什么 |
[19:51] | We have a lot of fun together. | 我们在一起很快乐 |
[19:53] | And why deny ourselves the chance to have even more? | 为什么放弃变得更加快乐的机会呢 |
[19:56] | I know the sensible thing would be to just end it now | 我知道最理智的做法是当断则断 |
[19:59] | and walk away. | 各自走开 |
[20:01] | And normally, that’s what I would do.But… | 通常来说 我也会这么做的 但是 |
[20:04] | I don’t want to be sensible. | 这次我不想理智 |
[20:06] | But we’d only have three weeks. | 可我们只剩下三周 |
[20:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:13] | It’d be like a summer fling. | 就像夏日恋情那样的短暂放纵 |
[20:14] | But wouldn’t we be sad when it ended? | 但到结束之时我们不会难过吗 |
[20:17] | Of course we would. | 我们当然会难过 |
[20:21] | That’s what happens. | 世事就是这样 |
[20:22] | You-you’re sad when summer’s over. | 夏天结束时 人们都会悲伤 |
[20:25] | Well, I… never was. | 好吧 我从来没有过 |
[20:28] | I mean, I always looked forward to the new school year. | 我是说 我总是很期待新学期 |
[20:30] | I would buy my books a month… | 因为我就能买好多书了 |
[20:33] | Are you going to talk all summer? | 你整个夏天都只顾着说话吗 |