时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | Mom, check it. Fresh as hell, right? | 妈 瞧瞧 酷毙了 对吧 |
[00:36] | Eddie, don’t say “Hell.” | 埃迪 不准说”毙” |
[00:38] | He also said “Butthole” In the car. | 他刚在车上还说了”屁眼子” |
[00:40] | Shut up, Evan, you little Chinese narc! | 闭嘴 埃文 你个中国小奸细 |
[00:42] | Isn’t that necklace heavy? | 那个项链不重吗 |
[00:43] | Life’s heavy, son. | 生活本身就很沉重 孩子 |
[00:45] | Please, mom, can I get this? | 求你了 妈 能给我买这身吗 |
[00:47] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[00:51] | Too much. | 太贵了 |
[00:52] | Moms thought everything was too much. | 我妈什么都觉得贵 |
[00:54] | She never understood that you couldn’t haggle at jcpenney. | 她从来不懂杰西潘尼连锁店里是不能还价的 |
[00:57] | It’s like, “Those are set prices, mom.” | 我想说 “那些都是定好的一口价 妈” |
[01:01] | That’s me, your boy Eddie Huang in the headphones. | 那个戴着耳机的小男孩就是我 埃迪·黄 |
[01:04] | My family was moving from Washington, D.C., | 我们一家人正从华盛顿特区 |
[01:06] | to Orlando, Florida. | 搬到佛罗里达州的奥兰多 |
[01:08] | I was 11 years old, and it was 1995. | 我当时11岁 那是1995年 |
[01:12] | This is the story of my family, | 这是我们家的故事 |
[01:13] | an American family, the Huangs. | 一个美国家庭 黄氏一家 |
[01:16] | That’s my dad. | 那是我爸 |
[01:16] | He loved everything about America. | 他爱美国的一切 |
[01:18] | Full-on bought into the American dream. | 对美国梦深信不疑 |
[01:21] | Moms was always hard on me | 我妈向来对我很严厉 |
[01:22] | way before all that “Tiger mom” stuff. | 比现在常提的什么”虎妈”还要厉害得多 |
[01:24] | She thought I was trying to cause trouble wearing that nas shirt, | 她觉得我穿着那种纳斯T恤是想惹事 |
[01:27] | but she didn’t understand. | 但是她根本不明白 |
[01:28] | If you were an outsider, hip-hop was your anthem. | 如果你是个圈外人 嘻哈乐就是你的圣歌 |
[01:31] | And I was definitely the black sheep in my family. | 我绝对是我们家的”败家子” |
[01:33] | These other people are Emery, Evan, and grandma. Whatever. | 其他家庭成员有埃莫瑞 埃文和奶奶 随便啦 |
[01:36] | Was I excited about the move? No. | 我对搬家感到激动吗 当然不 |
[01:38] | Did anyone ask me if I was excited? | 有人问过我是否激动吗 |
[01:40] | Hell, no. | 当然没有 |
[01:41] | But it’s hard getting respect when you’re 11. | 但一个11岁孩子的意见 是很难被尊重的 |
[01:49] | *I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes.* | *我看到了神迹 让我眼界大开* |
[01:53] | *I saw the sign* | *我看到了神迹* |
[01:54] | Dad! Turn off the music! | 爸 关掉音乐 |
[01:59] | Eddie, I know you’re not excited to leave D.C., | 埃迪 我知道你不高兴离开华盛顿 |
[02:02] | but you’re gonna love Orlando. | 但你肯定会爱上奥兰多的 |
[02:04] | I’ve been there for six months setting up the restaurant, | 我在那里待了6个月 把餐厅先开起来 |
[02:06] | and I’ve grown to love it | 我慢慢开始喜欢这地方了 |
[02:07] | like the daughter we wished Evan had been. | 就像我们曾经希望埃文是个女孩 好好爱她那样 |
[02:10] | I don’t know why we have to move. | 我真不明白我们为什么要搬家 |
[02:11] | Why couldn’t you keep on | 你为何不一个人 |
[02:12] | going back and forth between Orlando and D.C.? | 在奥兰多和华盛顿间往返兼顾呢 |
[02:15] | Because I didn’t come to America | 因为我来到美国可不是为了 |
[02:17] | to work for your mom’s brother | 给你妈妈的姐夫打工 |
[02:18] | selling furniture for the rest of my life. | 帮他卖一辈子家具 |
[02:20] | Your father is right. | 你爸说的对 |
[02:22] | This is why we left Chinatown in D.C. | 我们就是因此才离开华盛顿的唐人街的 |
[02:25] | This is why we left our family and friends. | 也是我们抛下家人和朋友的原因 |
[02:27] | Exactly. | 对极了 |
[02:28] | This is why we left everything we know | 我们就是因此才抛下熟悉的一切 |
[02:30] | to come to a place where we know nothing | 到了一个我们一无所知的地方 |
[02:32] | and where the humidity is not good for my hair. | 并且这里的湿度还不利于我的头发 |
[02:34] | – Right, okay. – And for what? | -好吧 好吧 –为了什么呢 |
[02:35] | So your father can own a cowboy restaurant. | 就为了让你爸可以当个牛仔餐厅的老板 |
[02:38] | It’s called Cattleman’s Ranch Steakhouse, | 那叫”牧民的牧场牛排餐厅” |
[02:40] | and I can’t wait for you all to see it. | 我迫不及待地希望带你们去看 |
[02:42] | It is beautiful. | 超级美的 |
[02:44] | It is big, brown, and beautiful. | 很大 棕色的 非常美 |
[02:46] | – Like Shaq? – Exactly like Shaq. | -就像”大鲨鱼”吗 –就像”大鲨鱼” |
[02:48] | Why you like Shaq so much? | 你们为什么那么喜欢大鲨鱼奥尼尔 |
[02:49] | Why you not like Pete Sampras? | 你们怎么不喜欢皮特·桑普拉斯 |
[02:52] | So sexy. All that hair. | 好性感啊 毛发旺盛 |
[02:54] | He’s okay. | 他也就还行吧 |
[02:56] | Oh, your favorite song. | 在播你最喜欢的歌哦 |
[03:01] | *Let’s give them something to talk about.* | *我们就给他们一点谈资吧* |
[03:06] | *A little mystery to figure out.* | *留些神秘让他们去想* |
[03:17] | A lot of white folks here. | 这儿好多白人啊 |
[03:18] | Not like back in D.C. | 跟华盛顿那边不一样 |
[03:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:20] | The only white people we ever saw there | 我们在那边唯一见到的白人 |
[03:22] | were the tourists who got lost. | 就是两个迷路的游客 |
[03:25] | White. House. | 白 宫 |
[03:32] | You boys just gonna sit there | 你们两个是想一直坐在那儿 |
[03:33] | or pick up a box and help? | 还是来帮忙搬行李 |
[03:35] | Mom, is there a Chinatown in Orlando? | 妈 奥兰多有唐人街吗 |
[03:37] | Hey, no more question, Barbara Walters. | 别再乱问了 跟个记者一样 |
[03:39] | Pick up a lamp. | 快搬东西 |
[03:45] | Well, hi. Welcome to the neighborhood. | 你们好 欢迎搬来这里 |
[03:47] | I’m Deidre. This is Amanda. This is Samantha. | 我叫蒂尔珠 这是阿曼达 那是萨曼莎 |
[03:49] | This is Lisa. This is Carol-Joan. | 这是丽莎 这是卡罗-琼 |
[03:50] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | -欢迎 –谢谢 |
[03:52] | I’m Jessica. | 我叫杰西卡 |
[03:54] | I was expecting something a little more exotic, | 我还以为会听到外国人名呢 |
[03:55] | but I love the name Jessica. | 不过我喜欢杰西卡这名字 |
[03:57] | Had a sorority sister with that name. | 我曾有个联谊会的姐妹就叫这名字 |
[03:58] | She died in a horrible riptide accident, | 她在一场可怕的洪水事故中去世了 |
[04:00] | but we dedicated a section of the highway to her. | 不过我们以一段高速公路来纪念了她 |
[04:02] | Anyway, where you guys from? | 话说 你们来自哪里 |
[04:03] | My parents were born in Taiwan, | 我父母是在台湾出生的 |
[04:05] | but my brothers and I were born in D.C. | 但我和我弟弟是在华盛顿出生的 |
[04:08] | Your English is very good! | 你的英语好棒啊 |
[04:11] | Are you all sister? | 你们都是姐妹吗 |
[04:15] | Anyhoo, well, we’ve got to motor, | 好啦 我们得走了 |
[04:17] | but we go rollerblading every day, | 但我们每天都会出来玩轮滑 |
[04:18] | so if you ever want to join us, just give us a holler. | 如果你想要加入 说一声就行 |
[04:22] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[04:24] | The loudest one seem to be their queen. | 最聒噪的那个似乎是她们的”大姐大” |
[04:27] | So, who’s hungry? | 谁饿了 |
[04:31] | The cactuses were planted in old spittoons. | 仙人掌种在了旧痰盂里 |
[04:34] | I wanted it to be authentic, you know, | 我希望一切都很真实 |
[04:36] | like the real wild west. | 就像真正的狂野西部 |
[04:37] | The waiters used to wear spurs, | 服务员之前都是要穿马刺鞋的 |
[04:39] | but they were right at achilles level, | 但他们的脚跟都被磨伤了 |
[04:41] | so we had to switch to the black reeboks. | 所以我们不得不换成黑色锐步运动鞋 |
[04:43] | Right, Nancy? | 对吧 南茜 |
[04:44] | I got sliced up pretty bad. | 我的脚跟被严重撕裂 |
[04:46] | She did. | 真的 |
[04:49] | Dude, where the hell are we? | 靠 我们这是在哪儿 |
[04:50] | I don’t think Shaq eats here. | 我觉得大鲨鱼是不会在这吃饭的 |
[04:52] | Were there bears in the old west? | 西部当年有熊吗 |
[05:00] | Where are all the customer? | 怎么没看到顾客 |
[05:02] | Technically, we are still in our soft opening, so… | 严格来说 现在仍处于试营业期 所以… |
[05:04] | Louis, there is hardly anyone here, | 路易斯 店里几乎没客人啊 |
[05:06] | and that table is only drinking water. | 那桌客人还只是在喝水而已 |
[05:08] | Hey, why you not drink beer?! | 嘿 你们为何不喝啤酒 |
[05:10] | The restaurant is doing well, okay? | 餐厅的状况还挺好的 好吗 |
[05:12] | Just not as well as it could be. | 只是还不够那么好 |
[05:14] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么没早告诉我 |
[05:16] | Because I didn’t want to give you another reason not to move here. | 因为我不想让你又多一个不搬来这里的理由 |
[05:19] | I just have to figure out | 我只需要搞清楚 |
[05:20] | why the people aren’t coming. | 为什么食客不喜欢选择我们这里 |
[05:22] | Maybe it’s the food. | 或许是食物的问题 |
[05:23] | It’s not the food. | 绝对不是食物的问题 |
[05:24] | The food is perfect. | 食物是完美的 |
[05:26] | Hector’s a genius. | 霍克特是个天才 |
[05:37] | Can I sit next to you on the bus? | 在校车上 我能坐你旁边吗 |
[05:38] | Sure. If you want. | 你想那样当然可以 |
[05:40] | Me and Emery are gonna sit next to each other on our bus. | 我和埃莫瑞乘校车时会坐一起哦 |
[05:43] | You’re on a different bus | 你一个人乘一辆不同的校车 |
[05:44] | because you’re at a different school, | 因为你在一所不同的学校上学 |
[05:46] | so I don’t know who you’ll sit next to. | 不知道坐你旁边的会是谁呢 |
[05:48] | Definitely not Emery, though. He’ll be next to me. | 反正绝对不是埃莫瑞 他是要坐我旁边的 |
[05:51] | Oh, shut up, Evan. | 闭嘴 埃文 |
[05:53] | Mom, why do we have to start school on a Wednesday? | 妈 为什么我们周三就得去上学 |
[05:56] | Why can’t we wait till Monday? | 就不能等到下周一吗 |
[05:57] | Why wait? You need to go to school | 为什么要等 你得赶紧去上学 |
[05:58] | so you go to college so you can make lots of money. | 然后去上大学 然后才能赚大钱 |
[06:00] | All you care about is money. | 你就知道钱 |
[06:01] | Do me a favor. Go find a homeless man. | 帮我个忙 去找一个流浪汉 |
[06:03] | Ask him if he thinks money matters. | 问他觉得钱重不重要 |
[06:05] | You tell me what he says. | 然后把他的话转达给我 |
[06:06] | You’re all about the eggs. | 你就知道买鸡蛋 |
[06:07] | Eddie, eggs are life. | 埃迪 “蛋”就是生命 |
[06:09] | You came from my eggs. | 你就诞生于我的蛋[卵子] |
[06:12] | Okay, so… | 好了 那么 |
[06:14] | I want you all to be polite, | 我希望你们都能够做到有礼貌 |
[06:17] | respectful, and don’t make waves. | 尊重别人 不要惹是生非 |
[06:19] | Why you only looking at me? | 你为什么就看着我说这话啊 |
[06:20] | No, I’m talking to all of you. | 不 我这话是跟你们三个说的 |
[06:22] | Dude, you were looking right at me. | 大姐 你就直视着我呢 |
[06:26] | Okay, I was talking to you. | 好吧 我就是针对你说的 |
[06:28] | Why do all your shirts have black men on them? | 为什么你的T恤上都印着黑人呢 |
[06:31] | It’s notorious B.I.G.! | 那可是”声名狼藉先生” |
[06:33] | Me and him are both dudes with mad dreams, | 我和他都有着疯狂的梦想 |
[06:35] | just trying to get a little bit of respect in the game, | 试图在这世上获得一点尊重 |
[06:38] | just trying to get a nut. | 就是想人生有”高潮”而已 |
[06:39] | Jessica, I figured it out. | 杰西卡 我想到了 |
[06:41] | Dad, how come we have to start school on a Wednesday? | 爸 为什么我们周三就得去上学 |
[06:43] | That’s a great question. Go to school. | 好问题 滚去上学吧 |
[06:44] | Go, go, go, go. | 快 快去吧 |
[06:46] | I was blow-drying my hair, and I figured it out… | 我刚刚在吹头发 然后我突然想到了.. |
[06:48] | how the restaurant can attract bigger crowds. | 如何让餐厅吸引更多客人 |
[06:50] | Well, how? | 怎么做 |
[06:51] | I need to hire a white host. | 我得请一个白人老板 |
[06:54] | Instead of people coming in and seeing a Chinese face | 以免人们走进餐厅 看到一个中国人站在那里 |
[06:56] | and saying, “Huh? | 就会觉得 “什么? |
[06:57] | I thought this was an old west steakhouse,” | 说好的是西部风格的餐厅呢” |
[06:59] | they see a white face | 以后他们会看到一个白人 |
[07:00] | and say, “Oh, hello, white friend. | 就会说”你好啊 白人朋友 |
[07:03] | I am comfortable.” | 我觉得很自在” |
[07:05] | See? | 瞧吧 |
[07:06] | Exactly. Not welcoming. | 就是这样 不欢迎的表情 |
[07:08] | That’s why no to your face | 正因此你这张脸无法迎来客人 |
[07:09] | and yes to the white face! | 而白人面孔就可以 |
[07:12] | Nice, happy white face, like Bill Pullman. | 快乐和善的白人面孔 就像比尔·普尔曼那样 |
[07:16] | Class, I’d like to introduce you to a new student. | 同学们 我想向大家介绍一位新同学 |
[07:18] | I know it’s a little unorthodox being a Wednesday and all, | 我知道周三来新人有点反常什么的 |
[07:21] | but I’d like you all to give a warm, | 但我还是希望大家能够 |
[07:23] | Abraham Lincoln middle school welcome to… | 发挥亚伯拉罕·林肯中学的传统 热烈欢迎… |
[07:27] | “Hung-ge Yi Minge.” | 杭 格 一 明 |
[07:29] | Yeah, call me Eddie. | 好了 叫我埃迪就行 |
[07:31] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[07:52] | What’s up? Cool if I sit? | 哥们儿 我坐这儿行不 |
[07:54] | No. | 不行 |
[07:57] | Fine, but don’t try to talk to me. | 好吧 但别找我说话 |
[07:59] | I don’t like kids. | 我不喜欢孩子 |
[08:00] | My best friend is a 40-year-old man. | 我最好的朋友是个40岁的男人 |
[08:05] | Yo. Yo, Chinese kid. | 哟 哟 中国小孩 |
[08:09] | What’s your name again? Something Chinese? | 你叫什么来着 什么中国风格的名字 |
[08:12] | My name’s Eddie. | 我叫埃迪 |
[08:14] | Eddie? | 埃迪 |
[08:19] | You into B.I.G.? | 你喜欢声名狼藉先生吗 |
[08:20] | Yeah, man. He’s sick. | 是啊 老兄 他太赞了 |
[08:22] | I bought “Ready to die” the day it came out. | 《准备赴死》那张专辑发行的当天我就买了 |
[08:24] | You bought it? I stole it. | 你还花钱买吗 我偷了一张 |
[08:27] | – Yo, come sit with us. – Yeah? | -哟 来跟我们一起坐 -真的吗 |
[08:29] | Okay, man. Cool. | 好的 老兄 棒 |
[08:32] | A white dude and an Asian dude | 一个白人和一个亚洲人 |
[08:35] | bonding over a black dude. | 因为一个黑人而成为朋友 |
[08:37] | This cafeteria’s ridiculous. | 这食堂真是太荒谬了 |
[08:40] | So, I’m Eddie. | 我叫埃迪 |
[08:41] | – What’s up? – Hey, dude. | -好啊 -嘿 伙计 |
[08:42] | What’s up, man? | 好啊 老兄 |
[08:43] | So my cousin told me about B.I.G. | 我去年夏天去我表哥家玩的时候 |
[08:45] | when I went to visit him last summer, and he… | 他跟我介绍了”声名狼藉先生” 而且他… |
[08:47] | – What is that?! – Gross! | -那是什么鬼 -真恶心 |
[08:49] | It’s Chinese food. My mom made it. | 中餐啊 我妈做的 |
[08:51] | Get it out of here! Oh, my God! | 快拿走 天啊 |
[08:52] | Ying Ding’s eating worms. | 中国人竟然吃虫子 |
[08:55] | Go! Go! Oh! Get that out of here! | 快走啊 把那玩意儿拿远点 |
[08:57] | Go! Dude, that smells nasty! | 快走 伙计 那闻起来好恶心 |
[09:05] | Oh, it didn’t go well? | 交友不顺吗 |
[09:06] | The white people didn’t welcome you with open arms? | 白人没有张开双臂热情地欢迎你吗 |
[09:09] | What? Sit elsewhere, B.I.G. | 天啊 坐别处去 声名狼藉先生 |
[09:19] | Oh, I cannot believe Jake slept with Brittany. | 我真不敢相信杰克和布兰妮上床了 |
[09:22] | He knew Palmer Woodward was using her | 他明知道帕默·伍德沃德是在利用她 |
[09:23] | as part of a plot to destroy him | 当棋子来毁掉他 |
[09:25] | and help Amanda take controlling interest of Melrose Place. | 然后帮阿曼达夺回梅尔丽丝公司的控股权 |
[09:28] | Right, Jessica? | 对吧 杰西卡 |
[09:29] | Yes. All those white people sound like they are making mistake. | 是啊 那些白人似乎都在犯错 |
[09:32] | Oh, the school bus is here! | 校车到了 |
[09:35] | I should go see how my boys’ day was. | 我得去看看我儿子们今天过得怎么样 |
[09:37] | Okay, sugar. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[09:38] | Bye. I’m making you a mixtape. | 拜拜 我给你做了张混合音乐碟 |
[09:40] | I hope you like Eric Clapton. | 但愿你喜欢歌手埃里克·克莱普顿 |
[09:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:46] | So, how was your first… | 你第一天上学过得怎么… |
[09:47] | They said my lunch smelled! | 他们说我的午餐有气味 |
[09:49] | It smelled delicious? | 美食的香味吗 |
[09:50] | No, they said it stank, mom! | 不是 他们说臭死了 妈 |
[09:52] | I had to eat behind the gym | 我不得不躲在体育馆后面吃掉 |
[09:53] | where the janitor flies his kite. | 大楼管理员还在那里放风筝呢 |
[09:56] | This is nice. | 真好 |
[09:59] | Well, those kids, they just don’t know, that’s all. | 那些孩子没见识 仅此而已 |
[10:01] | It just… it just take time to get used to something different. | 需要一些时间 才能习惯新鲜事物 |
[10:05] | I hate it here! I want to go back to D.C. | 我讨厌这里 我想回华盛顿 |
[10:07] | Eddie, that’s not possible. We are here now. | 埃迪 那是不可能的 我们已经在这里了 |
[10:10] | We have to make the best of it. | 我们只能尽力适应 |
[10:11] | Like I am doing with this neighbor woman. | 就像我跟邻居的女人们在做的这事 |
[10:14] | You think I like pretending | 你以为我喜欢假装 |
[10:15] | Samantha isn’t carrying a baggie of dog poops in her hand? | 萨曼莎手里拎着的不是一袋狗屎吗 |
[10:19] | No! I don’t like this! | 不 我也不喜欢这样 |
[10:21] | We all see the poops there! | 我们都看见袋子里的屎了 |
[10:23] | It’s rolling around! But I am trying! | 滚来滚去的 但我在努力忍 |
[10:26] | You have to try, too. | 你也要努力 |
[10:27] | You’re never on my side. | 你从来就不站在我这边 |
[10:28] | Eddie. Eddie, wait! | 埃迪 埃迪 等等 |
[10:32] | Hey, mom. | 好啊 妈 |
[10:33] | This is my girlfriend, Kim. | 这是我女朋友 金 |
[10:34] | Hi, Mrs. Huang. | 你好 黄太太 |
[10:35] | – I’m gonna walk her home, okay? – Bye, Mrs. Huang. | -我想送她回家 可以吗 -再见 黄太太 |
[10:39] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:40] | There’s a fat kid at school named J.J., and he’s hilarious. | 我同学当中有个胖子叫J.J 他超级搞笑 |
[10:44] | Help mommy. | 来帮帮妈咪 |
[10:49] | Comic sans. That’s a funny font. | 漫画体 真是个很逗的字体 |
[10:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:52] | It’s a great resume. | 你的简历很出色 |
[10:53] | Yeah, I’ve always wanted to work at a golden saddle. | 是啊 我一直都想在金马鞍餐厅工作 |
[10:56] | This isn’t a golden saddle. | 我这儿可不是金马鞍餐厅 |
[10:58] | Yes, it is. Isn’t it? | 不 明明是啊 不是吗 |
[10:59] | This is Cattleman’s Ranch. | 我们叫”牧民的牧场”餐厅 |
[10:59] | But I thought like a spin-off of golden saddle | 但我以为这是金马鞍餐厅的衍生餐厅 |
[11:01] | ’cause it’s got all the same stuff. | 因为你们的东西都一样 |
[11:02] | It’s not the same stuff. It’s very different stuff. | 完全不一样啊 相差十万八千里 |
[11:04] | Well, that bear is the same. | 那头熊就是一样的 |
[11:05] | No, that bear is brown. | 不 那头熊是棕色的 |
[11:07] | At golden saddle, the bear is black. | 但在金马鞍餐厅 熊是黑色的 |
[11:09] | – The snake skins? – Different snake. | -那蛇皮呢 -蛇的品种也不一样 |
[11:11] | Completely different snake. | 蛇的品种完全不一样 |
[11:12] | Okay, yeah. Look, you’re the boss. | 好吧 听着 你是老板你说了算 |
[11:14] | If you tell me this is not a golden saddle, | 如果你跟我说这不是金马鞍餐厅 |
[11:16] | – I’m gonna believe you. – No, it’s completely different. | -我就信你了 -真不是 完全不一样 |
[11:17] | – You’re crazy. – I am. | -你真是疯了 -是啊 |
[11:18] | I’m… I mean, I’m not super crazy, | 我 其实也不是疯狂得无可救药 |
[11:19] | ’cause it does look exactly the same. | 因为看起来确实一样 |
[11:21] | This is the original Cattleman’s Ranch Steakhouse. | 我们绝对是原创的 牧民的牧场牛排餐厅 |
[11:24] | – So there’s more than one? – N-no, there’s just one. | -所以不止一家吗 -不 仅此一家 |
[11:27] | There’s no other restaurant like it, okay? | 再也没有其他像这样的餐厅了 明白吗 |
[11:29] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好吧 |
[11:31] | So, Mitch, tell me… where are you from? | 那么 米奇 告诉我 你是哪里人 |
[11:33] | Orlando, born and raised. | 奥兰多 地道的本地人 |
[11:34] | I love Orlando. | 我爱奥兰多 |
[11:35] | Where else am I gonna see an alligator | 除了这里 我还能在哪看到一条鳄鱼 |
[11:37] | run out on the street and eat a cat? | 冲到路上 吞下一只猫呢 |
[11:39] | I am a cat person, too. | 我也是个喜欢猫的人 |
[11:41] | – That’s good. – Yeah. | -那很好 -是啊 |
[11:43] | Mitch, you’re hired. | 米奇 就决定雇你了 |
[11:48] | Well, Evan is not going to school today. | 埃文今天不去上学 |
[11:50] | His fat friend J.J. gave him string cheese, | 他的胖朋友J.J 给了他一根乳酪条 |
[11:53] | and apparently, he is lactose intolerant. | 显然 他有乳糖不耐症 |
[11:55] | His body is rejecting white culture, | 他的身体在抗拒着白人文化 |
[11:57] | which make me kind of proud. | 那还真让我有点骄傲 |
[11:59] | Good job, Evan. | 好样的 埃文 |
[12:01] | Mom, no! I don’t want Chinese lunch! | 妈 别 我不想带中餐 |
[12:03] | I want white-people food! | 我要吃白人食物 |
[12:04] | The kids at school will get used to it! | 学校里的同学会习惯的 |
[12:07] | You’re never on my side. | 你从来都不站在我这边 |
[12:16] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:17] | You’re not gonna have any lunch to eat. | 那你午餐就没东西可吃了 |
[12:18] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[12:20] | Kids aren’t teasing you about your lunch? | 你的同学没嘲笑你的午餐吗 |
[12:21] | – No, not yet. – They will. | -目前没有 -他们会的 |
[12:23] | – People here suck. – Totally. | -这里的人很差劲 -绝对的 |
[12:25] | – Hey, Emery! – Hey, what’s up? | -你好 埃莫瑞 -嘿 好啊 |
[12:27] | Oh, hey, Emery. | 你好 埃莫瑞 |
[12:28] | You coming to my birthday party next weekend? | 你下周末来参加我的生日派对吗 |
[12:29] | Hey, George. I’ll be there. | 你好 乔治 我会去的 |
[12:30] | Hey, boo. Got you a soda. | 你好 宝贝 我给你带了汽水 |
[12:34] | Why aren’t chicks bringing me soda? | 怎么就没有妹子给我带汽水呢 |
[12:36] | You want it too much. | 你太渴求了就会没有 |
[12:39] | Hey, Mitch. Hey. How’s the lunch… | 嘿 米奇 午餐的客人… |
[12:43] | crowd? | 多吗 |
[12:45] | It’s still the same? | 情况竟然没变化 |
[12:46] | I just think we have to give it time, you know? | 我觉得这是需要时间的 |
[12:48] | – Get the word out there. – No. | -让消息宣传出去 -不行 |
[12:49] | I moved my whole family here for this. | 我为了这餐厅把我全家人都搬过来了 |
[12:51] | I need your caucasian features to work now! | 我需要你的白人特征立刻发挥作用 |
[12:53] | My wife is not a patient woman. | 我老婆可没什么耐心 |
[12:55] | Do you know how many times she tried to start a garden? | 你知道她有多少次想经营起一个花园吗 |
[12:58] | Have you ever seen a woman yelling at seeds? | 你见过一个女人对着种子吼吗 |
[13:00] | – “Grow! Grow!” – I hear you. | -“长啊 快长” -我懂的 |
[13:02] | You know, my mom is the worst roommate. | 我妈简直是全世界最差劲的室友 |
[13:05] | It’s like, if you’re making toast, make us both toast. | 如果你要做吐司 就给我们都做一份啊 |
[13:08] | Uh, that’s why there’s two slots, you know? | 所以烤面包机才会有两个槽啊 |
[13:16] | I talked to my sister today. | 我今天和我姐通过电话了 |
[13:17] | My brother bought a brand-new miata. | 我哥买了辆全新的马自达车 |
[13:19] | It’s not new. There’s no way that car is new. | 肯定不是新的 不可能是新的 |
[13:21] | – I think it’s new. – No. | -我觉得就是新的 -不是 |
[13:22] | – New. – No. | -新的 -不是 |
[13:23] | It’s not new. | 不是新的 |
[13:26] | Eddie, why are you eating so much? | 埃迪 你怎么会吃那么多 |
[13:28] | I’m hungry. | 我很饿 |
[13:29] | Didn’t you eat your lunch today? | 你今天没吃午餐吗 |
[13:31] | Yeah, but I’m still hungry. | 我吃了 但还是饿 |
[13:32] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | How you like the xiaolongbao I pack you? | 那你觉得那个小笼包好吃吗 |
[13:35] | – It was really good. – Liar. | -超好吃 -说谎 |
[13:38] | I did not pack xiaolongbao! | 我给你装的根本不是小笼包 |
[13:41] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[13:45] | I threw my lunch away. | 我把午餐扔了 |
[13:46] | – I cannot believe you, Eddie! – Come on, Eddie. | -真是难以置信 埃迪 -拜托 埃迪 |
[13:46] | – That’s wasteful, man. – This is good food I make. | -那也太浪费了 -那是我亲手做的美食 |
[13:48] | You love my food. | 你明明喜欢吃我做的食物啊 |
[13:50] | I need white-people lunch. | 我需要白人午餐 |
[13:52] | That gets me a seat at the table. | 那可以让我跟他们共坐一桌 |
[13:54] | And then you get to change the rules. | 然后 你才有机会改变规则 |
[13:56] | Represent, like nas says. | 要提出主张 像纳斯说的那样 |
[13:58] | I’m not trying to eat with the janitor for the rest of my life. | 我可不想余生都跟大楼管理员一起共进午餐 |
[14:01] | I got big plans. | 我是有大计划的 |
[14:03] | First, get a seat at the table. | 第一 要拥有一席之位 |
[14:05] | Second, meet Shaq. | 第二 见到大鲨鱼 |
[14:08] | Third, change the game. | 第三 改变规则 |
[14:10] | Possibly with the help of Shaq. | 可能大鲨鱼还会帮我的 |
[14:14] | Damn it, that was beautiful. | 天啊 真是太赞了 |
[14:16] | That filthy music you listen to turned you into a poet, boy. | 你听的那些下流音乐让你成了个诗人 小子 |
[14:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:22] | What is this white-people lunch? | 白人午餐是什么样的 |
[14:27] | What is this store so excited about? | 那么多感叹号 它激动个什么劲儿啊 |
[14:30] | This is where lunchables live, mom. | 午餐就在这里 妈 |
[14:35] | If we get separated, try and join a white family. | 如果我们走散了 你尽量加入一个白人家庭 |
[14:38] | You will be safe there until I can find you. | 在我找到你之前 至少你会是安全的 |
[14:53] | This is not how I like to shop. | 我可不喜欢这样购物 |
[14:55] | This place looks like a hospital. | 这地方就跟医院似的 |
[14:58] | I miss the taiwanese markets back in D.C. | 我怀念华盛顿特区的台湾市场 |
[15:00] | They make me feel so calm. | 那里让我觉得好淡定 |
[15:16] | Everything fits perfectly inside the box. | 一切都很完美地放进盒子里了 |
[15:19] | Awesome! | 棒极了 |
[15:21] | You want to fit inside a box? | 你想适应条条框框的盒子 |
[15:24] | That’s so American. | 太具美式风格了 |
[15:25] | Why are you so American? | 你怎么这么美国化啊 |
[15:26] | Fiesta tortilla chip? Free sample. | 墨西哥薄饼片 免费样品 |
[15:29] | This is free? Okay! | 免费的吗 好咧 |
[15:36] | How are you doing? | 大家还好吗 |
[15:37] | Everyone getting ready for the shoot? You good, Nancy? | 都准备好拍摄了吗 你行吗 南茜 |
[15:40] | Can I have Saturday off? I’m deejaying a bat mitzvah. | 我周六能请假吗 我要给一个成人礼当DJ |
[15:42] | Nope. | 不行 |
[15:42] | Hey, Joe, | 嘿 乔 |
[15:43] | no Margaritas till after the shoot, okay? | 拍摄前不准再喝玛格丽塔酒了 行吗 |
[15:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:48] | Hey, Mr. Cattleman. | 你好啊 牧民先生 |
[15:50] | How we feeling? We all ready to go? | 感觉怎么样 可以开始了吗 |
[15:51] | Uh, not really. | 不太行吧 |
[15:53] | I feel like I’ve told you numerous times. | 我好像已经和你说过无数次了 |
[15:54] | I don’t want to do this, but all you do is smile and nod. | 我不想干这事 但你就是对我微笑和点头 |
[15:58] | No, you’re doing it. No, that… you’re doing it. | 不 你又那样了 不 就你现在这样 |
[16:00] | What is all this, Louis? | 这是在搞什么 路易斯 |
[16:03] | We are shooting a local commercial. | 我们在拍一个本地广告 |
[16:07] | A commercial? Why didn’t you tell me? | 广告 你之前怎么没告诉我 |
[16:09] | How much is this going to cost us?! | 那要花多少钱啊 |
[16:11] | Come here. Come on. | 跟我来 来 |
[16:13] | I miss our family and friends in Washington, D.C. | 我想那些在华盛顿特区的亲人和朋友了 |
[16:16] | And Eddie’s having a hard time at school. | 埃迪在学校过得很艰难 |
[16:18] | And Evan is lactose intolerant. | 埃文又有乳糖不耐症 |
[16:20] | And Emery… | 埃莫瑞… |
[16:21] | well, Emery’s doing surprisingly well. | 埃莫瑞倒是在这里过得很愉快 |
[16:24] | But all you care about is the stupid restaurant, | 但你唯一在乎的就是这该死的餐厅 |
[16:27] | which is the whole reason I agreed to move here! | 那也是我同意搬来这里的原因 |
[16:29] | Because you say it was doing well! | 是因为你说餐厅的经营状况很好 |
[16:30] | It’s not doing well! And so I am worried about money. | 其实一点都不好 我开始担心经济问题了 |
[16:33] | And look at my hair! | 再看看我的头发成什么样了 |
[16:35] | My hair is terrible! | 我的头发像鬼一样 |
[16:38] | Your hair is terrible, but so was mine. | 你的头发像鬼一样 但我的也是啊 |
[16:40] | And I fixed it using product. | 但我用美发产品给弄好了 |
[16:42] | I love that you have big dreams, | 我很高兴你有一个伟大的梦想 |
[16:44] | but I don’t want to lose everything, Louis. | 但我不想失去一切 路易斯 |
[16:47] | Let’s just go home. | 我们回家去吧 |
[16:48] | – We can’t do that. – Why? | -我们不能那样 -为什么 |
[16:49] | What’s so important we had to move here | 到底有什么那么重要 让我们必须搬来这里 |
[16:51] | and change our whole lives? | 彻底改变我们的生活 |
[16:55] | Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Huang. | 抱歉打扰 黄先生 |
[16:56] | The burro is ready for blocking. | 驴已经准备好上台了 |
[17:00] | Thank you, Nancy. | 谢谢你 南茜 |
[17:02] | We’ll discuss this later. | 我们等下再说这事 |
[17:10] | Oh, cool. | 好棒 |
[17:11] | You got turkey and cheese lunchables? | 你的是火鸡和奶酪午餐盒吗 |
[17:13] | I got pizza. | 我的是披萨 |
[17:22] | Yo, man! What you doing?! | 哟 老兄 你搞什么 |
[17:23] | Get used to it. You’re the one at the bottom now. | 习惯吧 你才是位于最底层的 |
[17:25] | No, I’m not! | 不 我不是 |
[17:26] | Yeah, you are! | 是 你就是 |
[17:28] | It’s my turn, chink! | 到我用了 中国佬 |
[17:43] | And according to the lunch monitor, | 根据午餐监管所说 |
[17:45] | he kicked him in the groinal area, | 他踢了他的大腿根部 |
[17:47] | shoved pudding in his face, | 把布丁扔到他脸上 |
[17:49] | and unleashed a stream of obscenities | 并且说了一堆恶毒的脏话 |
[17:51] | I can’t repeat because God is listening. | 恕我不能重复 以免亵渎了上帝的耳朵 |
[17:54] | There were some words he used that I’ve never heard before, | 他用的一些词甚至连我都没听过 |
[17:56] | and I grew up in Boston. | 我可是在波士顿长大的 |
[17:59] | This is a very serious offense, Mr. And Mrs. Huang. | 他这种行为性质很恶劣 黄先生 黄太太 |
[18:03] | Yes, it is. We are very upset. | 是啊 没错 我们很难过 |
[18:07] | That you didn’t do anything to defend Eddie. | 难过的是你都没有维护一下埃迪 |
[18:12] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:13] | That boy called our son a chink. | 那个男孩骂我儿子是中国佬 |
[18:15] | You think that’s okay? | 你觉得那没什么大不了吗 |
[18:16] | Why didn’t you do anything about that? | 你怎么就没有惩罚他呢 |
[18:17] | How come only Eddie’s out there?! | 为什么只有埃迪被叫了家长 |
[18:19] | How come that boy is not also out there?! | 为什么那个男孩没来 |
[18:21] | Where are his parents?! | 他的父母呢 |
[18:22] | Or his 40-year-old best friend? | 或是他那个40岁的最好的朋友 |
[18:24] | And why aren’t we talking about the fact that he has a… | 我们怎么就不谈谈 他为何会有一个… |
[18:26] | 40-year-old best friend?! | 40岁的最好的朋友呢 |
[18:28] | – The school’s fine with that? – Fishy. | -学校觉得这也没问题吗 -真古怪 |
[18:30] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你们不了解现在的情况 |
[18:31] | We’re talking about possible suspension. | 我们现在在说的 是可能将你们的儿子停课 |
[18:34] | If you try to suspend our son because of this, | 如果你因为这事把我儿子停课了 |
[18:37] | we will sue everyone in this school. | 我们会控告这学校的每一个人 |
[18:40] | So fast, it’ll make your head spin. | 马上就告 告得你头昏眼花 |
[18:43] | Hey, it’s the American way, right? | 嘿 美国人的做法就是这样的 对吗 |
[18:46] | You know about that. | 你很清楚的 |
[18:51] | – Oh, I, um, have a coupon for you. – Oh, yes. | -对了 我有张优惠卷想送你 -是的 |
[18:56] | It’s a restaurant called Cattleman’s ranch. | 那是家叫”牧民的牧场”的餐厅 |
[18:57] | Special. | 别具一格 |
[18:58] | You get a free onion blossom with the purchase of any entree, | 任点一道主菜 就免费赠送花式炸洋葱 |
[19:00] | but you have to buy a drink. | 不过你必须买饮料 |
[19:03] | W-why did you stand up for me? | 你们为什么要维护我 |
[19:05] | You do your best not to make waves, | 你尽量不惹事 |
[19:07] | but I will never be mad at you for standing up for yourself. | 但你维护自己 我是不会生气的 |
[19:10] | This is why. | 这就是原因 |
[19:12] | This is why what? | 什么原因 |
[19:13] | This is why we moved here. | 搬来这里的原因 |
[19:15] | I’m sorry for what happened to Eddie, | 对于埃迪的遭遇 我很遗憾 |
[19:16] | but it’s going to make him stronger. | 但这会让他变得更强大 |
[19:18] | In fact, us coming to this new place | 事实上 我们来到这个新地方 |
[19:20] | is going to make us all stronger. | 会让我们都变得更强大 |
[19:22] | I came down here, and I opened a wild west restaurant | 我来到这里 开了一家狂野西部餐厅 |
[19:25] | because this is the wild west… | 因为这里就是狂野西部 |
[19:27] | a lawless land for only the bravest of families! | 一个无法无天的地方 只有最勇敢的家庭才敢来 |
[19:31] | There is opportunity here | 在这里有机遇的存在 |
[19:33] | to make a better life for our family. | 可以让我们的家庭拥有更美好的生活 |
[19:35] | I don’t want to work for your brother forever. | 我不想一辈子为你姐夫打工 |
[19:38] | No. Me? | 不 我啊 |
[19:39] | I got big dreams. | 我是个有伟大梦想的人 |
[19:41] | I got big plans. | 我有大计划 |
[19:44] | Things were okay for us back in D.C., | 在华盛顿特区时 我们的生活还行 |
[19:46] | but I want more than okay for us. | 但我觉得仅仅还行是不够的 |
[19:49] | You’re just trying to get a nut, dad. | 你只是希望人生有高潮而已 爸 |
[19:54] | I want more than okay for us, too. | 我也不希望我们的生活仅仅是还行而已 |
[19:57] | I am with you. | 我会支持你的 |
[20:00] | Nut for me, also. | 我也希望人生有高潮 |
[20:07] | But this is not the west. This is the south. | 不过这里不是西部 而是南部 |
[20:10] | If we want to go west, we should go to California. | 如果我们要去西部 那该去加州 |
[20:13] | Do you know how expensive California is? | 你知道加州的生活成本有多高吗 |
[20:15] | This is west for us. This is fine. | 对我们而言这就是西部 挺好的 |
[20:19] | When you live in a lunchables world, | 如果你生活在一个大家都吃午餐盒的世界 |
[20:20] | it’s not always easy being homemade chinese food. | 就你一个人吃手工中餐 那过得并不容易 |
[20:23] | But it’s also what makes you special. | 但那也会让你显得特别 |
[20:24] | My family was gonna create their place in Orlando, | 我的家庭想在奥兰多找到一席之地 |
[20:26] | and we’re gonna do it our way, | 我们就得按我们的方式进行 |
[20:28] | because you don’t have to pretend to be someone else | 因为你不必假装成别人 |
[20:30] | in order to belong. | 以求归属到某个集体 |
[20:31] | Yeah, son. | 没错 小子 |
[20:32] | A little bit of respect. | 给点尊重吧 |
[20:36] | like B.I.G. Said, | 就像声名狼藉先生说的 |
[20:37] | if you don’t know, now you know. | 如果你不知道 现在你知道了 |
[20:46] | Hey, y’all. | 大家好啊 |
[20:47] | When my neck gets red | 当我的脖子成红的了 |
[20:49] | ’cause of my white skin is out in the yellow sun, | 因为我的白皮肤暴露在阳光之下 |
[20:53] | I like to come here to Cattleman’s ranch, | 我就喜欢来”牧民的牧场”餐厅 |
[20:57] | Where I can get comfortable along people of my own kind. | 在这里 我在同类当中会觉得很自在 |
[21:01] | Maybe meet my wife or my cousin. | 或许会见到我妻子 或是我表姐 |
[21:04] | Or my cousin’s wife. | 或是我表姐的妻子 |
[21:05] | For an onion blossom for only 2.99. | 花式炸洋葱只售2.99美元 |
[21:08] | Tell them I send you. | 告诉他们是我介绍来的 |
[21:10] | Who am I? Cattleman Mitch. | 我是谁呢 牧民米奇 |
[21:13] | And his pal Eric the donkey. | 以及他的小伙伴 小驴埃里克 |
[21:20] | I think we really have something here. | 我觉得很有独特魅力和潜力哦 |