时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | After pops banned ma from working at the restaurant | 我爸禁止我妈去餐厅工作之后 |
[00:03] | because she drove everyone nuts, | 因为她把大家都逼疯了 |
[00:04] | she was really determined to find a job. | 她下定决心要自己找一份工作 |
[00:06] | Overqualified. | 资历过高 |
[00:08] | Not enough pay. | 工资太低 |
[00:10] | “Must be a team player”? | “必须擅于团队合作” |
[00:14] | – No. – Mom! | -免了 -妈 |
[00:15] | Eddie’s flicking my ear. | 埃迪在弹我的耳朵 |
[00:17] | I’m just holding my hand here. I’m not even touching him. | 我只是把手举在这儿而已 我都没碰他 |
[00:20] | I feel phantom flicks. | 我感觉到”幻影弹指”了 |
[00:22] | Eddie, I could get by with only two sons. | 埃迪 我觉得只有两个儿子也挺好的 |
[00:24] | Think about that. | 自己去想想吧 |
[00:26] | That woman was tough. She could handle anything. | 那女人太强悍了 她什么问题都能解决 |
[00:29] | Excuse me, ma’am? | 打扰了 女士 |
[00:30] | Anything but an Orlando heat wave. | 除了奥兰多的高温 |
[00:32] | You really can’t loiter in the frozen food aisle. | 你们不能在冷冻食品通道赖着不走 |
[00:35] | I am not loitering. | 我不是在赖着 |
[00:36] | I am shopping. | 我在购物呢 |
[00:40] | $4.99? | 4.99美元 |
[00:41] | I’ll give you $2. | 2美元卖我吧 |
[00:42] | The popsicles are a set price. They’re not negotiable. | 冰棒的价格是固定架 不能还价 |
[00:45] | You’re good. $2.50. | 你很厉害 2.5美元 |
[00:47] | Ma’am, if you wanna beat the heat, | 女士 如果你们想凉快 |
[00:48] | they sell air conditioners at Sears. | 希尔斯商场就有空调卖啊 |
[00:49] | Oh, we have an air conditioner. | 我们家是有空调的 |
[00:51] | Moms just won’t let us turn it on. | 只是我妈不让我们开 |
[00:53] | Air conditioning is expensive. | 空调是很耗电的 |
[00:55] | Who do you think we are, the Chiangs? | 你以为我们是蒋氏家族吗 |
[00:58] | Very prominent family in D.C. | 那是华盛顿特区的豪门贵族 |
[01:00] | They’re sort of the Liaos of the upholstery world. | 他们就相当于室内装潢界的廖氏家族 |
[01:03] | Very prominent family in Taiwan. | 那是台湾的豪门贵族 |
[01:05] | They made their fortune in textiles… | 他们主要是靠纺织品发财的 |
[01:07] | Ma’am, not today. | 女士 今天别添乱 |
[01:08] | There’s a dog loose in the produce section. | 有只狗狗闯进了农产品区 |
[01:10] | A dog?! | 狗狗 |
[01:18] | I’ll give you a dollar for all of this. | 那些一美元全卖给我算了吧 |
[01:43] | Me and the kids at school didn’t always get along, | 我和那些同学并非总是能相处得来 |
[01:45] | but the things we could agree on | 但我们比较合拍的东西有 |
[01:46] | were hoops, hip-hop, and Nintendo. | 篮球 嘻哈和任天堂游戏 |
[01:49] | So when we heard Shaq | 所以当我们听说大鲨鱼 |
[01:51] | combined all three in a video game, | 在一个电子游戏中将三样相结合 |
[01:52] | we lost our damn minds. | 我们简直高兴疯了 |
[01:54] | It’s called “Shaq Fu.” | 叫《功夫鲨鱼》 |
[01:56] | It’s like “Mortal kombat,” But with Shaq. | 就像是《真人快打》 不过有大鲨鱼 |
[01:58] | Goes on sale next week. | 下周开始出售 |
[01:59] | $50. | 50美元 |
[02:01] | I don’t have that kind of scrill! | 我可没有那么多银子 |
[02:03] | I mean, Shaq’s gotta make his money. I respect that. | 大鲨鱼要赚钱 我尊重这一点 |
[02:06] | But what about these Japanese guys? | 但这些日本人算什么鬼 |
[02:07] | What do they need it for? | 他们要那么多钱干什么 |
[02:09] | Aren’t you japanese? | 你不是日本人吗 |
[02:10] | You shut your damn mouth. | 你给我闭上臭嘴 |
[02:12] | I’m gonna pay for it by taking my sister’s tooth fairy money. | 我要偷走我妹妹的”牙仙存款” |
[02:15] | I’ve been double mowing the Millers’ lawn. | 我把米勒家的草坪割了两次 |
[02:17] | They haven’t noticed. | 他们都没发现 |
[02:18] | I think they’re going through some stuff. | 我觉得他们家正经历什么家庭危机 |
[02:20] | I’ve been pocketing my lunch money. | 我把午餐费存起来了 |
[02:21] | You’re not gonna eat? | 你都不吃饭了吗 |
[02:23] | Just gotta get past Wednesday… | 熬过周三就行了 |
[02:24] | dinosaur nuggets, pudding cup. | 恐龙形鸡块 布丁杯 |
[02:28] | My mom’s driving to Miami to get the game for me. | 我妈会开车去迈阿密给我买那个游戏碟 |
[02:30] | They get it two days earlier down there. | 那边会提前两天发售 |
[02:32] | Yeah, she’s making up | 没错 她主要是想弥补 |
[02:33] | for my dad forgetting me at a Walmart. | 我爸把我忘在了沃尔玛超市那事 |
[02:35] | – No fair! – Lucky! | -不公平 -好幸运 |
[02:37] | You gonna finish your sandwich? | 你的三明治还吃吗 |
[02:40] | I’m gonna ask my mom for the money. | 我打算问我妈要钱 |
[02:42] | She’s usually cheap as hell, | 她一般都是一毛不拔的 |
[02:43] | but she’ll get this is an emergency. | 但她会理解这是生死攸关的急事 |
[02:46] | So a basketball man made a video game | 一个打篮球的做了个电子游戏 |
[02:48] | about karate’ing people? | 是关于用空手道制服别人的 |
[02:51] | Thank God. Thank God. I knew you’d get it. | 谢天谢地 太好了 我就知道你能理解的 |
[03:01] | There we go. | 来吧 |
[03:02] | Little zip zip. | 把拉链拉开吧 |
[03:03] | She probably has no energy because it’s so hot in here. | 她很可能没力气拉开了 因为家里太热了 |
[03:07] | Can we turn on the a/c just for a second? | 我们能打开空调吗 就开一会儿 |
[03:17] | Grandma, please. I have a headache. | 奶奶 求你别说了 我脑仁都疼了 |
[03:20] | When mommy finds a job, then we can turn on the a/c. | 等妈妈找到工作 我们就开空调 |
[03:23] | For now, it’s just too expensive. | 现在 真是太贵了开不起 |
[03:26] | Do you know what’s free? | 你知道什么是免费的吗 |
[03:27] | Parking at the mall where they sell video games. | 去售卖电子游戏碟的商场停车是免费的哦 |
[03:29] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[03:30] | So we walk through Brookstone | 那样我们就能穿过布鲁克斯通商场 |
[03:31] | and get a stamp! God! | 盖个章了 天啊 |
[03:34] | Hey, everyone! | 大家好啊 |
[03:35] | How was your day? Boys, how was school? | 今天过得怎么样 孩子们 今天在学校如何 |
[03:38] | – Great! I got elected… – Terrific! My turn! | -很好 我被选为… -好极了 到我说了 |
[03:41] | I have exciting news. | 我有个令人激动的消息 |
[03:42] | I finally hit on a winning promotion at the restaurant! | 我终于想到一个致胜的餐厅促销活动 |
[03:47] | This wasn’t the first time pops had come home excited | 这已经不是我爸第一次兴冲冲地回到家 |
[03:49] | about a “Winning” Publicity stunt. | 说自己想到一个致胜的促销活动 |
[03:54] | Ahoy, me hearties! | 你们好 朋友们 |
[03:55] | I be Captain Book! | 我是布克船长[书] |
[03:57] | Lest there be claims of copyright plunder, | 为免版权上的争端 |
[03:59] | that’s b-o-o-k. | 那是书的拼音 |
[04:02] | Now what would ye like to order? | 你们想点些什么 |
[04:05] | Luckily, my dad was about to stumble into | 幸运的是 我爸即将赶上 |
[04:07] | the biggest restaurant craze of the mid ’90s. | 餐厅业在90年代中期最大的浪潮 |
[04:10] | Fajitas! | 墨西哥烤肉 |
[04:12] | Orlando can’t get enough | 奥兰多人永远吃不够 |
[04:14] | utility-grade skirt steak | 可用食材级别的横肌牛排 |
[04:15] | delivered in a sizzling skillet. | 用滋滋的铁板端上去 |
[04:17] | No way. No way white people will eat meat out of a pan. | 不可能 白人不可能直接从锅里吃肉的 |
[04:21] | Yes way. Yes way all day. | 当然可能 绝对可能 |
[04:23] | You bring them tortillas, veggies, and steak, | 你端上玉米薄饼 蔬菜和牛排 |
[04:25] | and they assemble it themselves. | 他们自己组合在一起 |
[04:27] | It’s like an edible Ikea chair. | 那就像是可以吃的宜家椅子 |
[04:28] | Or a legos you can eat! | 或是可以吃的乐高玩具 |
[04:30] | He improved on it. He just made it better. | 他顿时提高了格调 他说得更好 |
[04:33] | So we’re about to come into some money, huh? | 所以我们要赚到大钱了 是吧 |
[04:35] | Papa, you been working out? | 爸爸 你最近有健身吗 |
[04:38] | ‘Cause you’re looking swole. | 因为你看起来很健美 |
[04:40] | What? | 什么鬼 |
[04:41] | Since things are looking so good at the restaurant, | 既然餐厅的经营状况那么好 |
[04:43] | maybe you can spot me some bread for a video game? | 或许你可以给我点”粮” 去买电子游戏 |
[04:46] | 50 small? | 50块小钱 |
[04:49] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[04:51] | The downside of the greatest country in the world. | 全世界最伟大的国家不好的一面 |
[04:54] | Entitled children feeling like they don’t have to work | 让小孩子们觉得他们不用工作 |
[04:57] | to get what they want. | 就能得到他们想要的 |
[04:59] | My father, your yaya, | 我父亲 也就是你爷爷 |
[05:01] | made me work hard for every penny, | 曾经逼我为了每一分钱辛苦工作 |
[05:04] | and that work ethic is how I’m able to keep the lights on. | 正是因为这样我才能养家糊口 让家里灯火辉煌 |
[05:07] | But not the a/c. | 但不能开空调吗 |
[05:08] | That’s your mother’s thing. She runs the house. | 那是你妈的事 她主内 |
[05:09] | Don’t pull me into that. | 别把我扯进来 |
[05:11] | If you want money, you need to work for it. | 如果你想要钱 你得去辛苦工作 |
[05:14] | But I can’t work. I’m only 11. | 但是我不能工作 我才11岁 |
[05:16] | Well, when your grandfather was 11, | 你爷爷11岁的时候 |
[05:17] | he had three kids. | 都有3个孩子了 |
[05:19] | As I say that, I realize I’m exaggerating, | 我一说出来 就意识到我太夸张了 |
[05:22] | but he definitely was working at your age. | 但他像你这么大的时候绝对已经工作了 |
[05:24] | Right, ma? | 对吧 妈 |
[05:28] | I always respected him for that. | 我一直很敬重他这一点 |
[05:30] | Made me the man I am today. | 让我成为了今天这样的男人 |
[05:32] | So it’s settled. | 那就这么定了 |
[05:34] | Eddie will come work with me at Cattleman’s after school. | 埃迪放学后跟我去牧民餐厅工作 |
[05:38] | Great, because I have a job interview. | 好极了 因为我还有个面试 |
[05:40] | A furniture store needs management help. | 一个家具店需要管理上的帮助 |
[05:43] | That’s my specialty. | 那是我的专业技能 |
[05:45] | What’s your specialty, Emery? | 你的专业技能是什么 埃莫瑞 |
[05:46] | I know you want me to say “The ladies,” | 我知道你希望我说是泡妞 |
[05:49] | but I’m classier than that. | 但我比这有格调 |
[05:50] | When I grow up, | 等我长大后 |
[05:51] | I want my specialty to be homemade pickles. | 我希望我的专业技能是手工制作泡菜 |
[05:53] | That’s a new interest for you. | 那是你的又一个新兴趣 |
[05:55] | – I was gonna tell you earlier… – No, it’s fine. | -我之前有打算告诉你的 -不 没事 |
[05:57] | I guess I just have to share a bunk bed with a total stranger. | 大概我得和一个完全陌生的人共享上下铺了 |
[06:04] | I’m sorry. It’s the heat. | 抱歉 太热导致我火气大 |
[06:09] | – Ready for your first day? – Look, dad, | -准备好第一天工作了吗 -听着 爸 |
[06:12] | I don’t wanna be here, and you don’t want me here. | 我不想在这里 你其实也不希望我在这里 |
[06:14] | Uh, I do want you here. | 我希望你在这儿啊 |
[06:16] | Remember my incredibly moving speech about your grandfather? | 记得我那场关于你爷爷的感人泪下的演讲吗 |
[06:19] | But as long as I’m here, I’m gonna make the best of it. | 但只要我在这里 我就一定会拼尽全力的 |
[06:23] | Tips for “Shaq Fu.” | 《功夫鲨鱼》小费赞助 |
[06:27] | Life, huh? | 该死的生活 |
[06:29] | You give a company 22 years, you think… | 你将22年人生都奉献给一家公司 你以为… |
[06:33] | My ears don’t come free. | 我的倾听可不是免费的 |
[06:37] | You know, rather than have my 11-year-old tend bar, | 我觉得11岁的你负责吧台不合适 |
[06:40] | I thought you could work the floor. | 我想的是让你当个打杂的 |
[06:42] | Aw, dope! Like manage the servers? | 棒极了 比如管理服务员吗 |
[06:45] | Or handle security? | 或是负责安保 |
[06:47] | I’m watching you, son. | 我盯着你呢 小子 |
[06:49] | Uh, no. | 都不是 |
[06:50] | I got something else in mind for you. | 我给你安排了别的活儿 |
[06:57] | I’d like some fajitas. | 我也想要墨西哥烤肉 |
[06:59] | Those look delicious! | 看上去很好吃啊 |
[07:00] | You heard ’em, fajita boy. | 你都听到了吧 烤肉小子 |
[07:05] | The heat melted my mustache glue. | 高温把粘胡子的胶水烤化了 |
[07:08] | You know, your grandfather’s ear fell off on his first job. | 你爷爷做第一份工作时 耳朵都掉了 |
[07:11] | As I say that, I realize I’m exaggerating, | 我一说出来 就意识到自己又夸张了 |
[07:14] | but it could have. | 但那的确是可能的 |
[07:29] | Why are you making that noise? | 你为什么要发出这种怪声 |
[07:31] | I dropped four skillets, | 我把铁板掉地上4次 |
[07:33] | caught a flaming green pepper in the face. | 一个烫得冒青烟的辣椒还弄到我脸上了 |
[07:35] | Delivering fajitas sucks. | 端菜这工作糟糕透顶 |
[07:37] | You know what your grandfather’s first job was? | 你知道你爷爷的第一份工作是什么吗 |
[07:40] | Selling bread that was so hot, he lost all his fingerprints. | 卖刚出锅的滚烫面包 把他的指纹都烫没了 |
[07:46] | Why do I get the worst job in the whole restaurant? | 为什么整个餐厅就我的工作最难搞 |
[07:49] | I’m your son. | 我是你儿子啊 |
[07:50] | It’s because you’re my son. | 恰恰因为你是我儿子 |
[07:52] | It’s my job as your father to make sure my boys understand | 我这个做父亲的才必须让我的儿子们了解 |
[07:54] | the meaning of hard work, | 艰苦工作的意思 |
[07:56] | like your grandfather did with me. | 就像你爷爷曾经对我做的那样 |
[07:58] | Can’t you just front me the money? | 你就不能预支我一些钱吗 |
[08:00] | Eddie, there are no handouts in the Huang family. | 埃迪 黄氏家族里是没有施舍的 |
[08:03] | The only time your grandfather | 你爷爷唯一一次不必付出工作 |
[08:04] | got anything without working for it was on his birthday. | 就能得到东西 是在他生日那天 |
[08:08] | And you know what he got? An egg. | 你知道他能得到什么吗 一个鸡蛋 |
[08:10] | One egg. | 就一个鸡蛋 |
[08:12] | To eat or to play with? | 是吃还是玩啊 |
[08:14] | Now you see his dilemma. | 你也想到他很难抉择了吧 |
[08:22] | A/c. | 空调 |
[08:29] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[08:30] | Can I help you find anything today… | 需要我帮你找什么家具吗 |
[08:31] | Jessica Huang. | 我是杰西卡·黄 |
[08:33] | Seven years managing number one furniture unlimited in Washington, D.C. | 管理华盛顿特区顶尖家具无限公司7年经验 |
[08:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:39] | Are you looking for anything in particular? | 你具体想找什么家具吗[特殊要求] |
[08:41] | Yes. $18.50 an hour, and I need afternoons off | 是的 时薪18.5美元 下午得给我放假 |
[08:43] | to help my boys with their schoolwork. | 辅导孩子们做学校作业 |
[08:45] | Oh, and on Thursdays, I do my mother-in-law’s nails. | 对了 每周四 我得帮我婆婆做美甲 |
[08:47] | We both hate it, but it’s too late to say anything now. | 我们都很讨厌 但现在已经无法拒绝了 |
[08:53] | Pretty color. | 颜色真漂亮 |
[08:56] | I think there’s been some sort of mix up. | 我估计可能是哪里搞错了 |
[08:59] | We’re not hiring. | 我们并没有要招聘 |
[09:00] | But you put this in the paper. | 但是你们在报纸上登了这个啊 |
[09:02] | It’s an ad for 25% off mattresses. | 那是床垫7.5折的促销广告 |
[09:03] | Exactly. | 对极了 |
[09:05] | 25% off on the highest margin item in the store. | 把全店利润最高的商品打7.5折出售 |
[09:08] | You obviously need my help. | 你显然需要我的帮助 |
[09:10] | It’s okay. You found me. Jessica is here. | 没事的 你找到我了 杰西卡驾到了 |
[09:15] | It’s like being kissed by a snowman. | 简直像被雪人亲吻了一样 |
[09:21] | Guys, I got the money. | 各位 我搞到钱了 |
[09:22] | Did a third hedge trimming at the Millers. | 我第三次修剪了米勒家的草坪 |
[09:25] | They’re selling their house. I think things must be getting bad. | 他们正在出售房子 我觉得肯定出了大问题 |
[09:28] | Me? I’m hustlin’ for that money. | 至于我 我在拼了小命赚钱 |
[09:30] | ‘Cause like my dad says, | 因为就像我爸说的 |
[09:32] | there’s no free handouts in Huang family. | 黄氏家族没有施舍这回事 |
[09:34] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[09:35] | I gave my sister a candy apple, | 我给了我妹妹一个冰糖苹果 |
[09:37] | and her last molar came out. | 她最后一颗臼齿就啃掉了 |
[09:39] | Tooth fairy. Dolla dolla bill, y’all. | 牙仙子 一美元哦 各位 |
[09:41] | Who has a candy apple? | 谁有冰糖苹果 |
[09:43] | So did your mom drive to Miami? Did she get it? | 你妈开车去迈阿密了吗 她买到了吗 |
[09:46] | Yes and no. | 是/不是 |
[09:47] | She drove to Miami, but the guy said | 她开车去了迈阿密 但是那人说 |
[09:49] | that the hot new game was “9 to 5.” | 最受欢迎的新游戏是《朝九晚五》 |
[09:53] | You know, based on | 就是根据桃莉·巴顿 |
[09:54] | the Dolly Parton/Jane Fonda office comedy? | 和简·方达主演的同名办公室喜剧改编的 |
[09:56] | The one that came out in 1980, 15 years ago? | 1980年播出的那部 15年前的事了 |
[09:59] | That’s the game she bought me. | 她竟然给我买了这部游戏 |
[10:01] | That’s the game I have in my house. | 我家现在放着的就是这部游戏 |
[10:10] | Why do they put the classifieds so close to the comics? | 他们怎么把分类广告和漫画排版这么近 |
[10:13] | I keep getting distracted by the misfortunes of Cathy. | 我老是被凯西的倒霉故事吸引 忘了看广告 |
[10:17] | None of those swimsuits are right, Cathy. | 那些泳装都不对 凯茜 |
[10:20] | None of them. | 全都不对 |
[10:21] | Mom, hold it up. | 妈 举起来啊 |
[10:23] | We can’t run through it. | 我们没办法从这下面跑过 |
[10:26] | And the water’s really hot! | 而且水很烫 |
[10:28] | It’s hot at raging waters, too. | 狂潮水上乐园的水也是热的 |
[10:30] | Except this is $30 cheaper | 但这样能省30美元 |
[10:33] | and you won’t get some stranger’s band-aid in your mouth. | 陌生人身上掉落的创口贴也不会进入你嘴里 |
[10:38] | She’s cleansing them | 她在清除孩子们身上 |
[10:39] | of the evil spirits cast by dishonored ancestors. | 由可耻的祖先投下的邪灵 |
[10:42] | Right, Jessica? | 对吧 杰西卡 |
[10:44] | I’m just trying to cool down my kids and find a job, | 我只是让孩子们凉快下 再找个工作而已 |
[10:47] | but no one seems to appreciate how I’m good at everything I do. | 但似乎没人欣赏我事事都能做得很好的能力 |
[10:52] | Anyway, guess where we just came from. | 话说 猜猜我们刚刚从哪儿来 |
[10:54] | Remember our friend Samantha? | 记得我们的朋友萨曼莎吗 |
[10:56] | Real great smile. | 笑起来很美的那个 |
[10:58] | Her mother took her own life. | 她妈自杀了 |
[11:00] | Well, she is moving. | 她要搬走了 |
[11:04] | We just came from her open house. | 我们刚从她那房子的待售参观活动回来 |
[11:05] | We did a little digging, | 我们稍微调查了一下 |
[11:06] | and she and Andrew are getting a divorce. | 她和安德鲁正在办离婚 |
[11:09] | I think Andrew left her because she blimped out. | 我觉得安德鲁离开她是因为她肥成猪了 |
[11:12] | I found five tubs of ice cream in the freezer. | 我在她家冰箱里发现了5筒冰淇淋 |
[11:14] | Ironically, Rocky Road. | 讽刺的是 是崎岖之路牌的 |
[11:17] | – No self-control. – None. | -毫无自制力 -一点都没 |
[11:24] | Boys, here’s your a/c. | 孩子们 空调有了哦 |
[11:26] | Now mommy can keep looking for jobs in peace. | 现在妈妈可以不受打扰地找工作了 |
[11:31] | Hello! | 你好 |
[11:32] | I’m Ashley Alexander | 我是艾什莉·亚历山大 |
[11:33] | of Ashley Alexander Realty. | 来自艾什莉·亚历山大房地产公司 |
[11:36] | I don’t like that name. | 我不喜欢这个名字 |
[11:38] | I would call it Red Door Realty. | 我觉得叫红门房地产公司比较好 |
[11:42] | Okay. Great. | 好吧 很好 |
[11:43] | Can I show you around this lovely home? | 我带你参观下这栋好房子吧 |
[11:47] | Yes, please, in just one minute. | 好啊 稍等一下 |
[11:54] | One minute, please. Thank you. | 就一下 谢谢 |
[12:02] | My old man thought I couldn’t work hard, | 我老爸觉得我没有艰苦工作的品质 |
[12:04] | but he was wrong. | 但是他错了 |
[12:05] | And much like Shaq, who busted his ass to get | 就跟大鲨鱼一样 他拼尽全力 |
[12:07] | his free throw percentage up to a strong 52%, | 把罚球命中率提高到了不起的52% |
[12:09] | by the end of the week, | 到那周结束的时候 |
[12:10] | my fajita game was straight-up nasty. | 我的墨西哥烤肉服务水平已经是一流的了 |
[12:19] | – Oh, could I get… – mas tortillas? | -能给我再来点… -玉米薄饼吗 |
[12:32] | More sizzle! | 更多滋滋声 |
[12:40] | Nice! | 棒 |
[12:43] | You’ve done a real nice job this week, Eddie. | 你这周表现得非常好 埃迪 |
[12:48] | You earned it. | 你自己赚的 |
[12:49] | Thanks, pops. | 谢了 老爸 |
[12:50] | It was hard… | 一开始的确很难 |
[12:51] | But in the end, I kept my head down, | 但最终 我低调认真地做事 |
[12:53] | and you know how things… | 你也知道后来就… |
[12:55] | 18 bucks?! | 18美元 |
[12:56] | That’s way short! | 那也太少了吧 |
[12:57] | I need $50 for “Shaq Fu”! | 我需要50美元买《功夫鲨鱼》 |
[12:59] | Oh, I’m sorry, Eddie, but I had to dock your pay | 抱歉 埃迪 我必须扣掉你一部分工资 |
[13:01] | for all the food you dropped, the plates you broke. | 因为你撒落了一些食物 打碎了一些盘子 |
[13:04] | Hard work isn’t just about showing up. | 努力工作不仅仅只是人出现就行了 |
[13:06] | It’s also about doing a good job. | 重点在于 要表现出色 |
[13:08] | But hey, in a few weeks, | 不过 再过几周 |
[13:09] | you’ll have enough money to buy your game. | 你就能凑够钱买游戏碟了 |
[13:11] | And, uh, maybe some leftover | 或许还能剩下些钱 |
[13:12] | to buy a funny mouse pad or something. | 买个有趣的鼠标垫什么的 |
[13:15] | You know? Like… like a dog doing something funny or… | 比如 一只很逗的小狗狗 |
[13:19] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[13:24] | 亚伯拉罕·林肯中学 待在室内 躲避高温 | |
[13:27] | Okay, so right when the bell rings, | 听着 放学铃声一响 |
[13:28] | we get on our bikes, go to the mall, and buy “Shaq Fu.” | 我们就骑上自行车 去商场买《功夫鲨鱼》 |
[13:31] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[13:32] | I’m too weak to cycle. | 我饿得没劲骑车了 |
[13:33] | Then we leave you, Brian! | 那我们就抛下你 布莱恩 |
[13:36] | I can’t go. I don’t have enough money to buy the game yet, | 我去不了 我的钱还不够买游戏 |
[13:39] | and I still need to go work at my dad’s stupid restaurant after school. | 我放学后还得去我爸那该死的餐厅工作 |
[13:42] | Dude, that sucks. | 天啊 好惨 |
[13:44] | You can borrow my game after I beat it. | 你可以等我打通关后再借给你玩 |
[13:46] | That could take years! | 那可能要等很久的 |
[13:49] | Guys, I was up all night. | 各位 我一整晚没睡 |
[13:53] | “9 to 5” is genius. | 《朝九晚五》游戏太赞了 |
[13:55] | You can play it as any character, but I prefer Doralee | 你可以选择任何角色 但我最喜欢多拉莉 |
[13:58] | because if you forge Franklin Hart’s signature, | 因为如果你成功伪造弗兰克林·哈特的签名 |
[14:01] | you get to open up a daycare at consolidated. | 你就可以在一家联合公司开个托儿所 |
[14:06] | Come on, let’s go point our bikes in the direction of the mall. | 走 我们去把自行车调整为面向商场方向 |
[14:09] | Have fun at work, Eddie. | 祝你工作愉快 埃迪 |
[14:13] | They were all going to the mall, and I had to go to work, | 他们要去商场了 我却还得去工作 |
[14:16] | and it still wasn’t gonna get me that game. | 但那还是无法让我有足够的钱买游戏 |
[14:18] | So I made a decision… | 于是我做了个决定 |
[14:26] | I don’t think Eddie’s gonna show up for his shift. | 我觉得埃迪不会来轮班了 |
[14:29] | I guess not. | 估计是不会吧 |
[14:31] | All right, Mitch, | 好吧 米奇 |
[14:32] | you’re gonna have to be on fajita duty. | 只能你去负责墨西哥烤肉的上菜工作了 |
[14:34] | Yes! Showtime! | 棒 瞧我的吧 |
[14:37] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[14:37] | The limes, they turned on the handler. | 瞧这柠檬 汁水四溅 太厉害了 |
[14:40] | I can’t see. Louis? Louis! | 我看不见了 路易斯 路易斯 |
[14:44] | 房屋出售参观 带泳池和中央空调 | |
[14:46] | Oh, the position has been filled? | 那个职位已经招到人了吗 |
[14:48] | Well, do you have any other jobs available? | 你们还有其他职位吗 |
[14:50] | I’m a very fast learner. | 我学习新技能很快的 |
[14:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[14:52] | Are you interested in this house? Because… | 你对这房子到底有没有兴趣 因为… |
[14:54] | Yes, very. Definitely a contender. | 是的 很感兴趣 绝对是候选买家 |
[14:56] | I’m very detail-oriented. I… | 我是个很注重细节的人 我… |
[14:59] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:06] | Oh, someone named Jeremy called, by the way. | 顺便说下 有个叫杰里米的人打过电话来 |
[15:09] | He wants me to tell you | 他让我转告你 |
[15:10] | to let the cat out of the bedroom when you’re done. | 等你弄完了 把猫放出卧室 |
[15:14] | We can always change the paint. | 我们是可以换掉油漆颜色的 |
[15:15] | But not the lousy school district. | 按这里的烂学区可换不掉 |
[15:18] | The skylights should help the resale. | 天窗会有助于再出售 |
[15:20] | But the cemetery down the street won’t. | 但街尾那个墓地只会令人望而却步 |
[15:24] | It’s got great bones but no open floor plan. | 房屋框架不错 但是客厅不是连在一起的 |
[15:25] | And you know I need a double oven. | 你知道我是要个双层烤箱的 |
[15:27] | You should look at the Miller house on Orange. | 你们该去橘子路看看米勒家那栋房子 |
[15:30] | Sounds perfect for you. | 似乎很适合你们 |
[15:32] | You’re just here for the free a/c. | 你只是来蹭免费空调的 |
[15:34] | You’re the lady Ashley Alexander warned me about. | 你就是艾什莉·亚历山大提醒我要提防的那个女人 |
[15:37] | From Red Door Realty? | 红门房地产公司的吗 |
[15:38] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[15:40] | Sorry. I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 不好意思 请立刻离开 |
[15:43] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:46] | Come on. I’ll show you the Miller house. | 跟我来 我带你们去看米勒家的房子 |
[15:48] | Let me just get my kids out of the pool, and we’ll go. | 我先把孩子们从泳池里叫出来 然后我们就走 |
[15:50] | – Marco! – Polo! | -马可 -波罗 |
[15:52] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[15:57] | Where’s Eddie? | 埃迪在哪儿 |
[15:58] | He didn’t show up for work today. | 他今天没去餐厅工作 |
[15:59] | Nancy had to cover for him, | 南茜不得不代替他上阵 |
[16:01] | and she spilled salsa all over Regina Snipes! | 她把莎莎酱泼了瑞吉娜·斯奈普斯一身 |
[16:04] | That’s Wesley Snipes’ aunt. | 她是韦斯利·斯奈普斯的姑姑 |
[16:06] | Took two banana cream pies just to calm her down. | 我们赠送了两个香蕉奶油派才把她镇住 |
[16:09] | This is unacceptable. | 真是完全不能接受 |
[16:10] | I’m gonna make him come in before and after school and on weekends. | 我要让他上学前 放学后 周末 都来上班 |
[16:14] | Push him hard until he understands | 对他用狠招 直到他明白 |
[16:16] | how to be a hard worker. | 如何做一个努力工作的人 |
[16:18] | That’s what dad would’ve done with me. | 爸爸肯定也会这么教我的 |
[16:42] | Eddie. | 埃迪 |
[16:44] | Go ahead and ground me. | 尽管来吧 把我禁足吧 |
[16:46] | Al my friends | 我的朋友们 |
[16:46] | are gonna be playing “Shaq Fu” for the next forever anyway, | 接下来都可以玩很久的《功夫鲨鱼》 |
[16:49] | so it doesn’t even matter. | 所以你把我怎么样都无所谓了 |
[16:57] | What’s this? | 这算什么 |
[16:58] | 50 small. | 50块小钱 |
[17:01] | To buy your video game. | 给你买电子游戏的 |
[17:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:05] | Because you don’t have to be a hard man | 因为你不必为了成为艰苦的工作者 |
[17:07] | to be a hard worker. | 而成为一个刻薄无情的人 |
[17:13] | Think of it as an early egg day present. | 就当是提前的”鸡蛋日”礼物吧 |
[17:18] | Oh, my God. This place is perfect. | 天呐 这栋房子完美极了 |
[17:20] | I think it’s so nice that you two are looking for a place together. | 我觉得你们两个一起来看房真是太好了 |
[17:23] | I know. It’s kind of a big step. | 我懂的 这算很重大的一步 |
[17:25] | Yeah, it’s great you go to open houses without your wives. | 是啊 你们不用老婆跟着就能来看房可真好 |
[17:28] | I would have to drag Louis to one of these. | 我估计得拖着路易斯他才肯来 |
[17:30] | No, we’re a couple. | 不 我们是一对 |
[17:31] | A couple of catches! | 一对好男人 |
[17:33] | No, we’re in love. | 不 我们相爱了 |
[17:34] | With this countertops? How could you not be? | 爱上这桌面了吗 怎么会不惹人喜爱呢 |
[17:38] | Granite throughout. | 全材质花岗岩 |
[17:39] | Lady, I don’t think you… | 女士 我觉得你没… |
[17:41] | Really? Granite? | 真的吗 花岗岩 |
[17:42] | You again?! | 又是你 |
[17:43] | Look, I told you | 听着 我已经跟你说了 |
[17:45] | the a/c is only for potential buyers! | 空调仅供潜在买家享用 |
[17:47] | Actually, I am showing the house to these two best friends. | 实际上 我是在带我的两个好朋友看房 |
[17:51] | Lovers, and we love it. We’d like to make an offer. | 我们是爱人 并且很爱这房子 我们想开价 |
[17:55] | Really? | 是吗 |
[17:56] | That’s fantastic! | 真是太好了 |
[17:58] | Oh, well we’re listed at $229,000. | 目前售价是22.9万美元 |
[18:00] | $229,000? Okay. | 22.9万美元 好吧 |
[18:02] | Andy, Randy, let’s go. | 安迪 兰迪 我们走 |
[18:04] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[18:05] | We’re going downtown to pick up a prostitute | 我们去市区弄个妓女回来 |
[18:08] | so Ashley Alexander can bend her over and… Her, too. | 让艾什莉·亚历山大干翻她 |
[18:16] | Doorbells work. | 门铃是好的 |
[18:21] | Damn it, Nancy! | 该死的 南茜 |
[18:26] | Hey, dad. | 嘿 爸 |
[18:29] | Eddie. What are you doing here? | 埃迪 你怎么来了 |
[18:30] | I went to the mall to buy “Shaq Fu,” | 我去了商场买《功夫鲨鱼》 |
[18:32] | but something didn’t feel right. | 但总觉得有什么不对劲 |
[18:34] | I don’t want a handout. I wanna earn it myself. | 我不想要施舍的东西 我要靠自己挣 |
[18:40] | I didn’t have my realization until after I bought the game. | 不过我是买完游戏碟才意识到这一点的 |
[18:44] | Keep it safe for me. | 你暂时替我收着吧 |
[18:47] | You are 40 minutes late. | 你迟到了40分钟呢 |
[18:50] | Dock me. | 扣工资吧 |
[18:56] | Happy to see your fajita boy? | 见到你的烤肉小童高兴吗 |
[18:58] | That’s no fajita boy. | 他不是烤肉小童 |
[19:00] | That’s a fajita man. | 他是烤肉大男人 |
[19:03] | So hot. | 太热了 |
[19:05] | Just so hot. | 真是热死了 |
[19:20] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[19:22] | Eddie’s pimp walk. | 埃迪的鬼步 |
[19:23] | What’s a pimp? | 鬼是什么 |
[19:24] | Your mommy, that’s who. | 就是你妈我啊 |
[19:28] | I just sold a house! I am a realtor now! | 我刚卖掉一栋房子 我现在是房产经纪人了 |
[19:31] | Ashley Alexander from Red Door Realty | 红门房地产公司的艾什莉·亚历山大 |
[19:33] | says that I’m a tough negotiator. | 说我很会讨价还价 |
[19:35] | Also, I found out | 并且 我还发现了 |
[19:36] | what ruined the Millers’ marriage. | 真正让米勒夫妇婚姻玩完的原因 |
[19:38] | Male infertility. | 男性不育症 |
[19:39] | No motorcycles for you three! | 你们三个以后都不准骑摩托车 |
[19:41] | Jessica, you can’t just say you’re a realtor. | 杰西卡 不是你说你是个房产经纪人就算数的 |
[19:44] | You gotta take an exam, get a license. | 你得参加考试 拿到证书 |
[19:46] | Yes, yes, yes. | 是的 是的 是的 |
[19:48] | Also, you can learn how to sell a house… | 并且 你还得学会怎么卖房 |
[19:51] | Which I already did! | 但我已经做到了 |
[19:53] | I was born to do this! Come on, let’s celebrate! | 我天生就是干这行的 我们来庆祝下 |
[19:56] | Hey, boys, go ahead. | 嘿 孩儿们 去吧 |
[19:58] | Crank up the a/c to “Low.” | 把空调开到最低温 |
[20:09] | Hey, let’s do your pimp walk! Mommy’s… | 嘿 我们来跳鬼步舞吧 妈妈成了… |
[20:12] | A real estate pimp! | 房产经纪人 |
[20:22] | Go, mom! | 加油 妈妈 |
[20:32] | So how was it? How was “Shaq Fu”? | 快说说《功夫鲨鱼》怎么样 |
[20:35] | Very thorough instruction manual. | 操作指导写得非常详细 |
[20:38] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[20:41] | The game just boots right up, too. No delays. | 游戏一打开就直接开始了 一点都没拖延 |
[20:44] | Yeah, quick boot. Quick boot. | 是啊 快启 快启 |
[20:48] | Shaq can throw wind at people. | 大鲨鱼还可以对人使用旋风技能 |
[20:50] | That was pretty cool. | 那倒是挺酷的 |
[20:52] | Yeah. He weaponized the wind. | 是啊 他可以把风变成武器 |
[20:54] | – It sucks, doesn’t it? – So hard. I hate it. | -很烂 是吧 -太难了 我好讨厌 |
[20:57] | I can’t even eat. | 我都吃不了东西了 |
[20:59] | Who would’ve thought Dave got the best game? | 谁能想到 达夫的游戏才是最好玩的呢 |
[21:13] | 完结 你成功了 多拉莉 | |
[21:14] | Equal pay for equal work! | 同工同酬 |
[21:17] | You can have it all, ladies! | 你们是可以拥有一切的 女士们 |