时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Well, Thursdays are Open House day… | 周四是房屋参观日 |
[00:04] | and on Fridays we do happy hour after work. | 周五我们下班后我们会欢聚一下 |
[00:08] | – Do we get paid for that? – No! | -那有钱拿吗 -没有 |
[00:11] | It’s an opportunity to get to know your coworkers better. | 那是让你了解同事的机会 |
[00:13] | Pass. | 免了 |
[00:14] | Oh, that is why I hired you. | 这就是为什么我会聘你 |
[00:17] | You are always negotiating. | 你时刻都在讨价还价 |
[00:19] | And now we can be a team instead of competitors. | 现在我们是一个团队的 不是对手了 |
[00:22] | Oh, like those chipmunks. I am Alvin. | 跟那三只花栗鼠一样 我可是艾尔文 |
[00:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:27] | Here is the first property I need you to sell. | 这是你要卖的第一套房子 |
[00:30] | A condo? | 小公寓吗 |
[00:32] | Ashley, give me something good. I can sell anything. | 艾什莉 给我点有挑战的 我什么都能卖出去 |
[00:35] | Well, if you want a challenge… | 如果你想要有挑战的 |
[00:38] | the Allen house. | 艾伦的房子 |
[00:41] | The Allen house. | 艾伦的房子 |
[00:42] | No one ever goes in. No one ever comes out. | 没人进去过 没人出来过 |
[00:46] | Well, that makes sense if no one ever goes in. | 如果没人进去 当然就没人出来啦 |
[00:51] | We’ve had the Allen house on the market for years… | 艾伦的房子挂牌出售好多年了 |
[00:53] | and nobody’s been able to sell it. | 没人卖得出去 |
[00:55] | – It has a rodent problem. – It’s pet-friendly. | -里面有啮齿动物 -说明适合养宠物 |
[00:57] | – The roof has a hole. – Skylight. | -屋顶有个洞 -开天窗啊 |
[00:59] | There was a brutal murder there. | 以前发生过残忍的凶案 |
[01:00] | So statistically, another murder is unlikely. | 那按统计学概率来看 不可能再发生凶案了 |
[01:04] | Okay, great. | 好吧 太好了 |
[01:07] | Here you go. The address is 44 West 44th Street. | 给你 地址是西44大街44号 |
[01:11] | Oh, hell no! | 绝对不行 |
[01:13] | – What’s wrong? – Well, in the Chinese culture, | -怎么了 -在中国文化里 |
[01:15] | the number four is bad luck… | 数字4代表厄运 |
[01:16] | on account of it’s pronounced “Si,” | 因为发音是”si” |
[01:18] | which sounds like the Chinese word for death…”siuh.” | 跟中文里的”死”发音很像 |
[01:22] | The garbage man is right. | 清洁工说得对 |
[01:24] | Promote him… to garbage boss. | 提拔他 做清洁队长 |
[01:47] | Can you please come in here? | 你能进来吗 |
[01:49] | I don’t want to be in the same room as that flier. | 我不想跟那些传单待在同一个房间里 |
[01:52] | My mom wasn’t trying to be around any bad luck. | 我妈不喜欢沾任何有厄运的东西 |
[01:54] | That’s why she banned all the number fours in the house. | 所以她禁止家里出现任何带数字4的东西 |
[01:57] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[01:59] | Quarter to “H.” | 差一刻就”H”点 |
[02:04] | – It’s just Forbes magazine. – It’s too close. | -那只是福布斯杂志啊 -太接近了[福布死] |
[02:08] | Yay! I’m three! | 耶 我3岁啦 |
[02:10] | I’m second three! | 我第二个3岁啦 |
[02:18] | Fours aren’t so bad. There’s four Ninja Turtles. | 4也没那么糟啦 忍者神龟就是4只啊 |
[02:20] | You mean those karate frogs who eat pizza in a sewer? | 你是说那些打空手道 在下水道吃披萨的青蛙吗 |
[02:24] | – That seems bad. – Emery, don’t even try. | -听起来可不怎么样 -埃莫瑞 放弃吧 |
[02:27] | Mom is crazy superstitious. | 老妈超级迷信 |
[02:29] | You know that Stevie Wonder song, “Superstition”? | 你知道史蒂夫· 旺达的那首《迷信》吗 |
[02:31] | She won’t listen to it | 她都不听的 |
[02:32] | because she thinks that’s what made him blind. | 因为她觉得是那首歌害旺达瞎掉的 |
[02:34] | I am not crazy superstitious. | 我才没有超级迷信 |
[02:36] | You know who’s crazy superstitious? Grandma. | 你知道谁才真的超级迷信吗 你们的奶奶 |
[02:38] | She won’t face north. She thinks jade wards off evil spirits. | 她从不面朝北 她觉得玉能辟邪 |
[02:42] | And have you seen her room? | 你们看过她的房间吗 |
[02:56] | You have to be patient with Grandma. | 你们得对奶奶耐心点 |
[02:58] | Every generation gets less and less superstitious… | 现在一代比一代不那么迷信 |
[03:00] | just like how they get less and less racist. | 就像人们越来越没有种族歧视了一样 |
[03:02] | Well, me avoiding that number has kept this family protected. | 我忌讳那个数字 使我们家得到保佑 |
[03:07] | Sure, but didn’t you tell your boss | 是啊 但你不是跟你老板说 |
[03:09] | you can sell anything? | 你什么都能卖得出去吗 |
[03:10] | Yes, but it’s not about my ability… | 是啊 但是这跟我的能力无关 |
[03:12] | Besides, the extra money wouldn’t hurt. | 而且多赚点钱也不错啊 |
[03:14] | The restaurant’s been a little slow lately… | 餐厅生意最近不太景气 |
[03:16] | so I was thinking about getting a mechanical bull… | 所以我想买头机械牛 |
[03:19] | to steer in the crowds. | 来”偷”揽顾客 |
[03:24] | – Did you get it? – Yes. It’s hilarious. | -懂我笑点吗 -懂 很好笑 |
[03:26] | – I don’t have to laugh to think it’s funny. – Oh, okay. | -我觉得很逗也不必非要笑出来吧 -好吧 |
[03:31] | Who wants the latest 2Pac? | 谁想要最新的图派克专辑 |
[03:32] | Dubbed straight from the radio. Five bucks makes it happen. | 直接从收音机录的 只卖5美金 |
[03:35] | – I’ll give you three. – Yo, is this a farmers market? | -我出3美金 -哟 你当这是农贸市场吗 |
[03:38] | Am I selling squash? Get outta here, haggle-puss! | 我卖的是南瓜吗 滚吧 砍价娘们 |
[03:41] | Are you selling bootleg CDs? | 你是在卖盗版CD吗 |
[03:45] | You know I was. | 你知道是的 |
[03:47] | You didn’t lie to me. I like that. | 你没有撒谎 我喜欢 |
[03:50] | Eddie Huang, right? | 埃迪·黄 是吧 |
[03:52] | You’re that new teacher with the ponytail. | 你就是扎马尾的新老师吧 |
[03:54] | Ray. Yeah, they… they make me put it back. | 我叫雷 是啊 他们强迫我收起来 |
[03:58] | And I’m not a teacher. I’m a counselor. | 我不是老师 我是个辅导员 |
[04:00] | Friendship is my curriculum. | 友谊是我的课程 |
[04:02] | Does that mean I’m not gonna get detention? | 所以我不会被留堂处罚吗 |
[04:06] | Eddie, I’m not about punishment. | 埃迪 我不喜欢惩罚人 |
[04:08] | But I am about you channeling that hustle | 但我需要你把你这干劲 |
[04:11] | into something more positive… | 转移到更积极的事情上来 |
[04:12] | like student council. | 比如学生会 |
[04:15] | – You’ll get one free period every day. – Really? | -你每天都会有一段自由时间 -真的吗 |
[04:18] | And you’ll get to show celebrity visitors around the school. | 你还可以带名人嘉宾参观校园 |
[04:22] | Like Shaq. | 比如大鲨鱼 |
[04:24] | Well, I was gonna say McGruff… | 我本来要说的是麦克格罗夫 |
[04:25] | or the Helping Hand from Hamburger Helper. | 或者汉堡帮手的”援助之手” |
[04:28] | But if Shaq visits, uh, sure. | 但是如果大鲨鱼来的话 当然了 |
[04:33] | Think about it, Eddie. | 考虑一下 埃迪 |
[04:34] | Look into your third eye. | 看看你的第三只眼睛 |
[04:36] | My… butt hole? | 我的…屁眼吗 |
[04:38] | No! No. No-No. | 不 不不不不 |
[04:40] | No-No. No, no. No. | 不是不是不是 |
[04:42] | Uh, it’s like an inner peace thing. | 就是一种内在安宁之类的东西 |
[04:45] | You know what? It’s cool. Just… forget it. | 知道吗 没关系 算了吧 |
[04:51] | This is so big. How many bedrooms? | 好大啊 有多少间卧室啊 |
[04:55] | Between three and five! | 3和5之间 |
[04:59] | Are you going to come inside? | 你要进来吗 |
[05:01] | No. I’m good here. I don’t want to crowd you. | 不用了 我在这里挺好的 我不想挤着你们 |
[05:04] | Oh, thank you. I really appreciate your laid-back attitude. | 谢谢 我很欣赏你这种悠闲的态度 |
[05:10] | I have to go yell through the back window. | 我得去后面的窗户喊了 |
[05:12] | Don’t go inside that house. | 别进到屋里 |
[05:14] | We don’t want the bad energy to get on us, especially you, Eddie. | 我们不能沾染坏能量 特别是你 埃迪 |
[05:19] | Don’t forget to check out the spacious walk-in closets! | 别忘了看那个大到可以装人的衣柜哦 |
[05:23] | So, you really gonna run for class president? | 所以你真的要竞选主席吗 |
[05:25] | Yeah, man. Shaq and a free period? | 是啊 大鲨鱼 以及自由时间 |
[05:28] | Which I’ve already started calling “Naps 101.” | 我已经开始称之为”101小睡” |
[05:31] | Naps 101! | 101小睡 |
[05:33] | Like Dalmatians, but with naps! | 那不就是《101个斑点狗》换成了”小睡”吗 |
[05:35] | I think you’ve got a good shot. | 我觉得你很有希望的 |
[05:37] | You got an everyman’s husky build… | 你有一般人的强健体格 |
[05:39] | and a middle-class background, so people can relate to you. | 中产阶级背景 大家对你比较有亲切感 |
[05:41] | Man, people don’t think about that. | 拜托 人们不在乎这个呢 |
[05:43] | All they care about is a cool slogan. | 他们只在乎酷酷的口号 |
[05:45] | And I got a dope one. | 我想了个超赞的 |
[05:47] | Oh, God! Naps 101! | 天呐 101小睡 |
[05:50] | Oh, man, you killed me with that, Eddie. | 兄弟你真的笑死我了 埃迪 |
[05:53] | I’m starting to think about it. | 我已经开始想了 |
[05:54] | Here I go again. | 又来了 |
[06:00] | “This Hu-wang can make it right?” | 这个”胡昂”可以做对一切 |
[06:02] | It’s pronounced “Wong.” And it’s a play on “Wrong.” | 发音是”黄” 跟”错误”那个词音似 |
[06:06] | All day with this. | 解释了一整天 |
[06:08] | Cool. Chocolate dreidels. | 好棒 有巧克力陀螺 |
[06:10] | Phillip Goldstein for president! | 菲利普·戈尔德斯坦竞选主席 |
[06:12] | Choose the chosen one! | 选上帝之选 |
[06:15] | Play a free game of Street Fighter and vote for Brock. | 免费玩一局街头霸王 给布洛克投票 |
[06:17] | Don’t leave your ballot Blanka. | 别让你的选票”空白”哦 |
[06:20] | Vote for Trent! | 给特伦特投票 |
[06:21] | Scottie Pippen? | 球星斯科蒂·皮蓬 |
[06:24] | My dad is his accountant. | 我爸是他的会计 |
[06:26] | Who wants a free pair of Airs? | 谁要来双免费的飞人呢 |
[06:28] | – Air Jordans? – No, man. | -飞人乔丹吗 -不是啦 |
[06:31] | I got something even better. | 我有更好的 |
[06:34] | Air Pippens. | 飞人皮蓬 |
[06:37] | – Andrew wants those. – What? I do not! | -安德鲁想要 -什么 我才不要 |
[06:43] | Mom, I don’t wanna eat. Eating is lame. | 妈 我不想吃 吃饭太没劲了 |
[06:46] | – Sounds like you got a big appetite for fun! – Finnegan. | -听起来你很喜欢玩呀 -芬尼根 |
[06:51] | Which is why here at the Golden Saddle… | 所以我们金马鞍餐厅 |
[06:53] | we just opened up our Kids Corral! | 刚刚开了儿童玩耍区 |
[06:57] | I hate this guy. | 我讨厌这家伙 |
[06:58] | We have all the latest games… | 我们有所有最新的游戏 |
[07:01] | like Shuffle Puck… | 比如沙狐球 |
[07:04] | and Water Squirt! | 还有水枪 |
[07:07] | Water Squirt. | 水枪 |
[07:08] | So bring the whole family down to the Golden Saddle. | 带全家人一起来金马鞍餐厅吧 |
[07:11] | ‘Cause just like the food, the fun is well done. | 因为除了好吃 也很好玩哦 |
[07:20] | God, the budget on this thing must have been insane. | 天呐 这玩意儿一定得花超多钱 |
[07:24] | Louis? | 路易斯 |
[07:25] | I sold it. | 我卖掉了 |
[07:26] | I sold the Allen house! | 我卖掉了艾伦的房子 |
[07:28] | Congratulations! I knew you could do it! | 恭喜啊 我就知道你可以的 |
[07:32] | Ashley Alexander bought me a bottle of champagne to celebrate. | 艾什莉·亚历山大给我买了一瓶香槟庆祝 |
[07:34] | I took it back to the liquor store… | 我拿回酒水店 |
[07:36] | bought nine Snickers and a Crystal Pepsi. | 换了九条士力架和一瓶水晶百事 |
[07:39] | I’m seeing you through a Pepsi. | 我在透过百事看你哦 |
[07:43] | – What a day! – I told you there was nothing to worry about. | -今天太棒了 -我就跟你说没什么好担心的嘛 |
[07:46] | – I already got my commission check. – Great. | -我已经拿到我的佣金了 -太好了 |
[07:48] | We can get that mechanical bull ASAP | 那我们就可以尽快买机械牛 |
[07:50] | and crush the Kid Corral. | 干掉那什么儿童玩耍区了 |
[07:52] | I’m gonna treat myself to a pedicure done by a white lady. | 我要让白人女给我修脚来犒劳我自己 |
[07:56] | That’s when you know you’ve made it. | 那样你才能感受到自己真的成功了 |
[08:00] | Oh, no. Oh, my God. | 不 我的天呐 |
[08:02] | – I know. Taxes, right? – No. Look at this check number. | -我知道 税很高吧 -不是 你看支票编号 |
[08:09] | No. No, no, no. Don’t… Don’t look at that check number. | 不不不 别…别看支票编号 |
[08:12] | Look at all the other numbers. | 看其它数字 |
[08:13] | Look at the ones after the dollar sign. | 看美元符号后面的那些啊 |
[08:14] | No. The bad luck followed me. | 不 我被厄运缠身了 |
[08:16] | Louis, we can’t keep this money. | 路易斯 我们不能留着这笔钱 |
[08:18] | Yes, we can. We totally can. | 可以的 完全可以 |
[08:20] | No, we can’t! It’s tainted! | 不行 这钱已经被污染了 |
[08:21] | If we keep this, something bad is gonna happen to our family. | 如果留着 我们家一定会碰上倒霉事的 |
[08:26] | Please. We need to get rid of this. | 拜托 我们得处理掉这钱 |
[08:30] | Okay. If that’s what you really believe, I’ll support you. | 好吧 如果你真的这么觉得 我支持你 |
[08:36] | This is for the best. | 这是为大家好 |
[08:39] | For the best. | 为大家好 |
[08:41] | Hello. I’d like to cash this check, please. | 你好 请帮我兑现这张支票 |
[08:47] | Is this your grandson? | 这是你的孙子吗 |
[08:48] | Granddaughter. | 是孙女 |
[08:50] | – I’m sorry, sir. – Ma’am. | -抱歉 先生 -是女士 |
[08:54] | Hello. I’d like to cash this check, please. | 你好 请帮我兑现这张支票 |
[08:57] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[09:00] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[09:06] | Everyone… | 各位 |
[09:08] | meet Romeo. | 来认识一下罗密欧吧 |
[09:11] | I wish I could. Right, girls? | 真希望能真的认识 对吧 姐妹们 |
[09:15] | You don’t always have to be on, Vanessa. | 你没必要时刻这么兴奋 瓦妮莎 |
[09:18] | Check this out. | 瞧好了 |
[09:25] | Uh, that’s kinda scary. | 有点吓人啊 |
[09:27] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[09:28] | This is how we’re gonna compete with Golden Saddle’s Kid Corral. | 这样我们才能跟金马鞍餐厅的儿童玩耍区竞争啊 |
[09:31] | They may have Water Squirt, but we have eight seconds of glory. | 他们有水枪 但是我们有辉煌8秒啊 |
[09:35] | I had eight seconds of glory last night. Right, girls? | 我昨晚就享受了辉煌八秒 对吧 姐妹们 |
[09:39] | It’s the morning, Vanessa. Please, just stop it. | 现在才是早上 瓦妮莎 拜托快别这样了 |
[09:42] | Hey, Louis? | 路易斯 |
[09:43] | Your family’s here. | 你的家人来了 |
[09:44] | What? We gotta hide Romeo. | 什么 我们得把罗密欧藏起来 |
[09:45] | Quick, cover him up and don’t mention him to Jessica. | 快点 把它盖上 别在杰西卡面前提起 |
[09:49] | All right. Um, here, get that tablecloth. | 好吧 用这个桌布 |
[09:50] | She doesn’t know? But she comes in all the time. | 她不知道吗 但是她几乎天天来啊 |
[09:53] | What is your long-term plan? | 你有什么长远计划吗 |
[09:54] | Well, what’s your long-term plan, Nancy? | 你有什么长远计划 南茜 |
[09:55] | You know I wanna hire a detective to find my real mother! | 你知道我想找个侦探找我的生母啊 |
[09:58] | I… | 我… |
[10:00] | Hey! What are you guys doing here? | 你们来干什么啊 |
[10:02] | Well, I have three open houses today… | 我今天有三个房子开放参观 |
[10:04] | so I was hoping you could look after the boys this afternoon. | 所以我想让你今天下午照看一下儿子们 |
[10:06] | Absolutely. No problem. | 当然了 没问题 |
[10:09] | Thank you for being so understanding about that commission check. | 谢谢你能理解我那样处理那笔佣金 |
[10:12] | Tonight, I’m going to make your favorite pork bone stew. | 今晚我会给你做你最喜欢的炖猪排 |
[10:16] | – I wish I… – Don’t. | -真希望我… -别再说了 |
[10:17] | Whatever you’re about to say, I’m sure it’s hilarious. | 不管你要说什么 我知道一定很好笑 |
[10:23] | People didn’t like your slogan. | 大家不喜欢你的口号 |
[10:24] | That doesn’t mean you still can’t win. | 不意味着你不能赢啊 |
[10:26] | I’m up against Street Fighter and chocolate tops. | 我的对手是街头霸王和巧克力陀螺 |
[10:29] | I’ll be lucky if I even beat the Scottie Pippen kid. | 能打败那个请了斯科蒂·皮蓬的小孩就算走运了 |
[10:33] | – Evan, do you need to go pee? – No. | -埃文 你要去尿尿吗 -不要 |
[10:37] | Yes, but peeing is so boring, | 想啦 可是尿尿好无聊 |
[10:39] | and I don’t want to miss anything. | 我不想错过任何事情啊 |
[10:40] | Nothing’s gonna happen. | 不会发生任何事的 |
[10:45] | Booming onion, Mr. President? | 要吃花式炸洋葱吗 主席先生 |
[10:46] | Dad, there’s no way I’m gonna win. | 爸 我不可能赢的 |
[10:48] | Well, win or lose, | 不论输赢 |
[10:49] | we’re putting it on your college application… | 我们都要把这事写进你的大学申请书里 |
[10:51] | because you literally have nothing. | 因为你真的没什么可说的 |
[10:53] | It’s just, “Was born, likes lunch, ran for president.” | 只能写”出生了 爱吃午餐 竞选过主席” |
[10:58] | Do you think it’d be gross to dip this in clam chowder? | 你觉得这个蘸蛤蜊浓汤吃会不会很恶心 |
[11:01] | I’m-a find out. | 我要试试看 |
[11:07] | I take a boring pee-pee, and I miss everything. | 我去撒了泡无聊的尿 就错过了一切 |
[11:10] | This is Grandma falling out of her wheelchair all over again. | 简直是奶奶摔下轮椅事件的重演 |
[11:13] | What are you complaining about? I’m the one who broke my arm. | 你有什么可抱怨的 是我摔断了手啊 |
[11:15] | I’m never missing anything again. | 我再也不要错过任何事情了 |
[11:17] | Evan, see how long you can cover your ears. | 埃文 看看你能遮住耳朵多长时间 |
[11:19] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[11:21] | Hey, boys, we can’t let Mom know… | 小子们 我们不能让老妈知道 |
[11:23] | Eddie tripped over the cord of the mechanical bull | 埃迪被机械牛的电线绊倒 |
[11:25] | and broke his arm. | 导致摔断了手 |
[11:26] | I didn’t tell her I bought it, | 我没告诉她我买了 |
[11:27] | and if she finds out, she’ll be very upset. | 如果她发现了 会很生气的 |
[11:29] | But why didn’t you tell her? | 但是你为什么不告诉她呢 |
[11:31] | Because she’s crazy superstitious. | 因为她超级迷信啊 |
[11:32] | She’s gonna think this is related to the Allen house, | 她会觉得这跟艾伦的房子有关 |
[11:34] | which it’s not. | 但其实是没有的 |
[11:35] | So… you’re telling us to lie. | 所以你是要我们撒谎吗 |
[11:38] | Well, sometimes a little white lie is okay, | 有时候善意的谎言是没坏处的 |
[11:40] | if it’s for a greater good. | 如果是为了更伟大的事的话 |
[11:42] | For example, your mom has those jeans | 比如 你妈妈有很多牛仔裤 |
[11:44] | with the zipper that’s six inches long. | 有6寸长的拉链 |
[11:46] | Do I tell her it looks like her body’s half crotch? | 我能告诉她身体像是被分成了两半吗 |
[11:48] | No. I say, “Beautiful blue jeans, honey.” | 不能 我只能说”蓝色牛仔裤真好看 亲爱的” |
[11:52] | The truth would be unnecessary and hurtful. | 说实话根本没有必要 也很伤人 |
[11:55] | We just passed the corner where my friend J.J. | 我们刚刚经过的那个路口 我朋友J.J. |
[11:57] | almost got into that guy’s van. | 差点上了那家伙的面包车 |
[12:01] | And then he tripped on a rug and fell. | 他被毛毯绊倒了 |
[12:04] | Yeah, a little white rug. | 是啊 一小块白色的毛毯 |
[12:07] | Emery, go to your room. | 埃莫瑞 进屋去吧 |
[12:10] | Well, you are lucky you only broke your left arm. | 你该庆幸断的是左手 |
[12:12] | You can still do your homework. | 你还是可以做作业的 |
[12:15] | Imagine what he would have broken if we had cashed that check. | 想象一下要是我们兑现了那张支票 他会摔断什么 |
[12:18] | His head! | 他的头啊 |
[12:20] | I’ll go get some white flower oil. Speed up the healing process. | 我去拿点白花油 加速愈合 |
[12:25] | Beautiful blue jeans, Mom! | 蓝色牛仔裤真好看 老妈 |
[12:28] | Oh, nice touch, Eddie. | 不错啊 埃迪 |
[12:29] | See? A little white lie never hurt anyone. | 瞧吧 一点善意的谎言不会害人的 |
[12:34] | So we all ate chocolate dreidels | 所以菲利普讲他对圣诞老人的立场时 |
[12:36] | while Phillip cleared up his stance on Santa. | 我们都在吃巧克力陀螺 |
[12:38] | He’s for him. | 他很喜欢他 |
[12:41] | – Hey, what happened to your arm? – I tripped on a rug. | -你的手怎么了 -我被毛毯绊倒了 |
[12:46] | Anyway, so I was so amped up on chocolate… | 总之 巧克力让我太兴奋了 |
[12:48] | that I ran through Scottie Pippen’s legs, like, five times. | 我从斯科蒂·皮蓬的胯下穿过 得有五次 |
[12:51] | I am definitely voting for Trent. | 我绝对要投给特伦特 |
[12:54] | When you’re throwing so many punches, | 你在连续出拳的时候 |
[12:56] | it’s easy to lose your balance. | 确实很容易失去平衡 |
[12:59] | Wait. What happened? | 等等 怎么回事 |
[13:02] | When I came to, five high school kids were trying to steal… | 我过来的时候 有5个高中小屁孩想偷 |
[13:04] | our Street Fighter machine. | 我们的街头霸王机 |
[13:06] | – Then what happened? – Well, when I came to again… | -然后呢 -我又来的时候 |
[13:09] | they were giving our mascot, Loggy, an Indian burn. | 他们正要拧我们的吉祥物木木的胳膊 |
[13:12] | Which is especially bad for a log. Then what happened? | 那对木头尤其不好 然后呢 |
[13:16] | When our Street Fighter game and Loggy’s honor are on the line… | 我们的街头霸王机和木木的荣誉遭遇危险时 |
[13:20] | I got no problem taking on 16 kids. | 我撂倒了16个孩子 |
[13:23] | That’s when I pulled out my dad’s machete. | 正是那时我抽出了我爸的弯刀 |
[13:26] | It grazed my arm, but I recovered. | 我的手臂擦伤了 但是我后来好了 |
[13:29] | ‘Cause I’m Eddie Huang, and I’m your Street Fighter! | 因为我是埃迪·黄 我是你们的街头霸王 |
[13:57] | Say hello to the new sixth-grade president. | 跟新任六年级学生主席打个招呼吧 |
[13:59] | I’m the Abe Lincoln of Abe Lincoln Middle School. | 我是亚伯·林肯中学的亚伯林肯 |
[14:06] | Looks like our good luck continues. | 看来我们的好运持续不断啊 |
[14:09] | Sure does. | 当然啦 |
[14:13] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:13] | Mrs. Parker from Child Services. | 我是儿童保护服务处的帕克夫人 |
[14:16] | I’m here to investigate possible parental neglect in the home. | 我来调查父母未尽责一事 |
[14:19] | Oh, you want that kid down the street… Dave. | 你要找的是我们邻居的小孩达夫吧 |
[14:21] | He always has a Kool-Aid mustache. | 他嘴边总是有酷爱牌饮料的印子 |
[14:23] | Nobody’s wiping his face. | 没人给他擦脸 |
[14:25] | We’re concerned about an injury your son sustained. | 我们想了解你们儿子受的伤 |
[14:28] | A school employee didn’t believe | 一名学校职工不相信 |
[14:29] | Eddie’s story about how he broke his arm… | 埃迪所说的他的手受伤的缘由 |
[14:32] | and it raised a red flag. | 这引起了我们的重视 |
[14:34] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[14:36] | The sun was peeking through the clouds, | 阳光穿过云层 |
[14:37] | and it was so beautiful… | 实在太美了 |
[14:38] | I had to stop. | 我不得不驻足 |
[14:44] | I’m sorry. I still don’t understand | 抱歉 我还是不理解 |
[14:46] | why Child Services was called. | 为什么有人给儿童保护服务处打电话 |
[14:49] | Before we get into it, I just wanna say that this… | 在我们开始之前 我只想说这里 |
[14:53] | is a safe zone. | 是一个安全区域 |
[14:55] | And that’s why I brought… | 所以我带了这个 |
[14:56] | the Share Clam. | 分享蛤蜊 |
[14:59] | If I pass it to you, share how you’re feeling. | 如果我传给你 你就跟我们分享你此刻的感受 |
[15:02] | We’re hearing conflicting reports about how Eddie broke his arm. | 我们听到埃迪摔断手的说法有多个矛盾版本 |
[15:06] | First, he said he tripped. | 一开始他说他被绊倒了 |
[15:07] | Then he got into a fight with a bunch of kids. | 然后他说是跟一群孩子打架闹的 |
[15:10] | Then he had his dad’s machete. | 然后他说用了他老爸的弯刀 |
[15:12] | Machete? I don’t have a machete. | 弯刀 我才没有弯刀 |
[15:15] | – That’s a jungle weapon. – Eddie, | -那是种丛林武器 -埃迪 |
[15:16] | why are you making up all these crazy stories? | 你为什么要编这些夸张的故事啊 |
[15:19] | Well, Dad said it was okay to tell a lie if it was for good. | 老爸说如果是为了好事 撒谎也没关系的 |
[15:22] | It was the only way I could win the election. | 只有这样我才能赢得选举啊 |
[15:24] | I said a little white lie, not this. | 我说的是一点善意的谎言 不是这种 |
[15:27] | Now tell these nice people | 现在告诉这两个好人 |
[15:28] | the truth about how you broke your arm. | 你的手到底是怎么断的 |
[15:32] | Eddie. | 埃迪 |
[15:34] | You were at Cattleman’s and you tripped… | 你当时在牧民餐厅 被绊倒了 |
[15:36] | On the cord to the new mechanical bull. | 被新机械牛的电线绊倒了 |
[15:38] | No, I meant the other truth. The rug truth. | 不是 我是说另外一个真相 毛毯那个 |
[15:41] | – But that’s a lie too. – You’re killing me, man. | -那也是谎话啊 -你要害死我了 兄弟 |
[15:43] | – What mechanical bull? – Dad didn’t want you to know about it. | -什么机械牛 -老爸不想让你知道 |
[15:46] | – Louis! – Okay, clearly this has been a misunderstanding. | -路易斯 -好吧 这显然是个误会 |
[15:51] | One of five this month, Ray. | 这个月五次了 雷 |
[15:53] | Sometimes a kid throws up. | 有时候孩子的确是会呕吐 |
[15:56] | It doesn’t mean they’re getting poisoned. | 那并不意味着他们中毒了 |
[15:58] | Twice though? Two throw-ups? No way. | 两次呢 两次呕吐呢 不可能 |
[16:01] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:02] | Where did you get the money to buy a mechanical bull? | 你哪来的钱去买机械牛的 |
[16:09] | Who are these people? | 这些人是谁 |
[16:11] | What on earth did I miss? | 我到底错过了什么啊 |
[16:18] | Okay, so I grounded Eddie, | 好吧 我把埃迪禁足了 |
[16:19] | told him it wasn’t okay to lie under any circumstances. | 告诉他无论什么情况都不能撒谎 |
[16:22] | Who’s gonna ground you, Louis? | 谁来把你禁足呢 路易斯 |
[16:24] | You’re the one who told him it was okay to lie. | 是你告诉他撒谎没关系的 |
[16:27] | For a good reason. To help the restaurant, | 前提是有合理的缘由 比如对我们的餐厅有利 |
[16:28] | which helps our family. | 也就是对我们家有利 |
[16:30] | It was crazy to rip up that check | 因为支票上有数字4就撕掉 |
[16:31] | just because it had fours on it. | 也太神经了吧 |
[16:32] | Oh, it was crazy, huh? | 神经是吧 |
[16:34] | Look at all this bad luck we’ve had since you cashed that check! | 看看自从你兑现那张支票后我们家出了多少倒霉事 |
[16:37] | Two woman detectives show up, | 来了两个女侦探 |
[16:39] | we’re fighting, Eddie broke his arm! | 我们还吵架 埃迪的手断了 |
[16:41] | Those are just random coincidences. | 这些都只是巧合啊 |
[16:43] | His forearm? I don’t think so. | 他的前臂也是吗 我可不这么认为 |
[16:47] | Look, Jessica… | 听我说 杰西卡 |
[16:48] | sometimes bad things just happen | 有时候坏事就是这么发生了 |
[16:50] | and there’s no explanation for it. | 没有什么因果联系 |
[16:53] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[16:55] | If you think superstitions are nonsense, | 如果你真觉得迷信是胡说八道 |
[16:57] | take off your jade necklace. | 那就把你的玉项链摘下来 |
[17:00] | My necklace? | 我的项链 |
[17:02] | But I’ve worn this since I was born. | 但这是我一出生就戴了的啊 |
[17:04] | It’s like a birthmark on a chain. | 简直就是链子上的胎记啊 |
[17:05] | And this has nothing to do with superstition. | 这跟迷信可没关系 |
[17:07] | Well, then it should be no problem to take it off. | 那摘下来就更没关系了啊 |
[17:11] | Okay. I’ll take it off. | 好吧 我摘下来 |
[17:15] | Just a necklace. | 项链而已嘛 |
[17:17] | Not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[17:24] | Why is that so loud? | 为什么这么吵 |
[17:26] | It’s hot in here. | 这里面好热 |
[17:28] | Wait. Now it’s cold. | 等等 现在好冷 |
[17:34] | What’s happening to me? | 我怎么了 |
[17:38] | Why am I so- | 为什么我这么…. |
[17:44] | G-Give me my jade! Give me my jade! | 把我的玉给我 把我的玉给我 |
[17:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:51] | Okay, fine. | 好啦好啦 |
[17:53] | I guess superstition is real if you believe in it. | 看来是信则有 不信则无 |
[17:56] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry I told Eddie to lie. | 对不起 我很抱歉我让埃迪撒谎了 |
[18:00] | I’ll get rid of the bull. | 我会把牛卖掉的 |
[18:01] | We’re gonna have to do a lot more than that. | 要做的可不止这些 |
[18:03] | We’ve invited bad luck into our home. | 我们已经把厄运请进门了 |
[18:06] | It’s on us. It’s on the kids. | 已经缠住我们了 缠住孩子们了 |
[18:09] | I don’t know how to fix it. | 我不知道要怎么解决 |
[18:13] | I know who does. | 我知道谁可以 |
[18:20] | Mom, we need to talk to you. | 妈 我们要跟你谈谈 |
[18:27] | Uh, sorry, Mom. We just really needed to talk to you. | 抱歉 老妈 我们只是真的需要跟你谈谈 |
[18:32] | We have invited bad luck into our home… | 我们已经把厄运请进我们家了 |
[18:34] | and we need you to get rid of it. | 我们需要你消除掉 |
[18:41] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[18:48] | “Give me my jade! Give me my jade!” | 把我的玉给我 把我的玉给我 |
[18:55] | Hey, Eddie. | 嘿 埃迪 |
[18:57] | – Any fallout from that whole emotional jam session? – What? | -这次情感分享融合还有什么收获吗 -什么 |
[19:01] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样啦 |
[19:03] | Well, my parents grounded me for lying. | 我爸妈因为我撒谎把我禁足了 |
[19:06] | At least I’m still president. | 但至少我还是主席啊 |
[19:07] | And I’m psyched for the free period. | 我已经准备好体验自由时间了 |
[19:09] | – Naps 101! – Yeah, about that. | -101小睡 -是哦 关于这个 |
[19:12] | Apparently that free period is actually… | 自由时间其实就是… |
[19:14] | a “Go to the principal’s office and lick envelopes” Period. | 去校长办公室 帮忙舔湿信封粘上 |
[19:17] | – What? – Budget cuts. | -什么 -预算缩减 |
[19:18] | They need the student body to pitch in. | 他们只能让学生也出点力 |
[19:20] | I thought this job was gonna be all about naps and Shaq. | 我以为这工作完全就是睡觉和陪大鲨鱼就可以了 |
[19:24] | Maybe he’d playfully put me on his shoulders… | 也许他还能让我骑在他肩上玩呢 |
[19:27] | or let me stick both of my feet into one of his shoes. | 或者让我的双脚站到他的一只鞋子里 |
[19:30] | – I don’t know. – Yeah, I’m sorry, man. | -我也不知道 -好吧 我很抱歉 |
[19:32] | I’m new here. Apparently this place sucks. | 我也是新来的 显然这地方太烂了 |
[19:35] | I guess it’s just our bad luck. | 应该就是我们运气不好吧 |
[19:39] | Bad luck. | 运气不好 |
[19:43] | So Grandma went into the zodiac books… | 奶奶又查了一些黄历生肖书 |
[19:45] | called up some aunties | 打电话给三姑六婆 |
[19:46] | and performed a ritual to take away our bad luck. | 举行了一场仪式来驱散我们的厄运 |
[19:49] | Is this gonna work? | 这样有用吗 |
[19:50] | Shh! Let her concentrate! | 嘘 让她集中注意力 |
[19:56] | These people have some crazy traditions, right? | 这些家伙还真有些疯狂的传统啊 |
[19:58] | Bananas. | 黄种人啊[疯狂] |
[20:02] | Raining salt? Too bad it’s not raining men! | 下盐雨啦 真可惜下的不是男人 |
[20:06] | Right, girls? | 对吧 姐妹们 |
[20:15] | Why’d you make us buy all those | 你为什么让我们为这个庆典 |
[20:16] | Garfield mugs for the ceremony? | 买加菲猫杯子啊 |
[20:18] | You didn’t even use them. | 你都没有用啊 |
[20:26] | Well, I’m glad we all got through that as a family. | 我很高兴我们全家一起挺过了这次挑战 |
[20:28] | And now we can put this chapter behind… | 现在我们可以翻过这一页了吧 |
[20:30] | You are still grounded. | 你的禁足还没解除 |
[20:32] | You hard, woman! | 你还真难搞啊 娘们 |
[20:34] | Eddie, don’t call your mother “Woman.” | 埃迪 不准叫你母亲”娘们” |
[20:37] | Garfield should have a mug that says “Naps 101.” | 加菲猫应该有个杯子上面写”小睡101″ |
[20:45] | So, your company’s set up in Delaware… | 你的公司是在特拉华州成立的 |
[20:48] | but you live in Florida. | 但是你住在佛罗里达州 |
[20:51] | The tax man can’t touch you. | 税务官找不到你 |
[20:53] | That’s great. | 太好啦 |
[20:54] | You know, I’m always looking for a loophole. Breakaway! | 我一直在找漏洞 突围 |
[21:00] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[21:00] | I scored on Scottie Pippen. | 我绕过斯科蒂·皮蓬拿到分了 |
[21:03] | I was giving you tax advice, bro. | 我在给你税务建议呢 兄弟 |
[21:09] | It’s not Shaq’s shoe… | 不是大鲨鱼的鞋 |
[21:11] | but I guess it’ll do. | 但我猜也可以凑合了 |
[21:13] | Y’all are a rude-ass family. | 你们家太没教养了 |
[21:18] | Scottie? Mr. Pippen! | 斯科蒂 皮彭先生 |
[21:20] | Mr. Pippen! Mr. Pippen! | 皮蓬先生 皮彭先生 |
[21:24] | I gotta stop drinking water. | 我再也不喝水了 |