时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m just afraid that macaroni art | 我只是担心通心粉作品 |
[00:03] | could be offensive to our “I-talian” Families. | 会冒犯我们的意大利家庭 |
[00:07] | I mean, imagine how you’d feel, you know… | 如果我做个百吉饼塑像 |
[00:09] | if I made some sort of bagel statue, you know? | 试想一下 你会是什么感受 |
[00:14] | Gotta go. | 我得挂了 |
[00:14] | – Principal Thomas? – Mr. And Mrs. Huang, come in. | -汤玛斯校长 -黄先生 黄太太 请进 |
[00:16] | – Come in. – We came as soon as we could. | -快请进 -我们尽快赶来了 |
[00:19] | Whatever Evan and Emery are in trouble for, | 不管埃文和埃莫瑞惹了什么麻烦 |
[00:21] | Eddie put them up to it. | 都是埃迪害的 |
[00:22] | Oh, don’t worry. Your boys aren’t in trouble. | 别担心 你们的孩子没惹麻烦 |
[00:26] | – What a relief! – Good! | -那我们就放心了 -很好 |
[00:27] | – You are. – What? | -是你们有些问题 -什么 |
[00:28] | – Why? What did we do? – It’s what you haven’t do. | -为什么 我们做了什么 -是你们没做的 |
[00:32] | We’ve been looking through our records… | 我们查看了一下记录 |
[00:33] | and we noticed that you haven’t | 注意到你们还没有 |
[00:34] | volunteered for any extracurricular activities. | 志愿参加任何课外活动 |
[00:37] | Well, why would we do that? | 我们为什么要参加呢 |
[00:39] | Mrs. Huang, our school budget has experienced major cutbacks. | 黄太太 我们学校的经费被大幅削减了 |
[00:44] | We rely on parents to supervise our after-school programs. | 我们要靠家长来监督课外活动 |
[00:47] | Well, I’m sorry. We’re busy with our own after-school programs. | 很抱歉 我们自己的课外活动就够忙的了 |
[00:50] | They’re called jobs. | 我们的活动叫工作 |
[00:55] | Uh, what my wife means is she has her real estate career, | 我太太的意思是 她有房地产的事业 |
[00:58] | and I have my steakhouse. | 而我要经营牛排餐厅 |
[01:00] | Look, we can’t volunteer. Is there anything else we can do? | 我们参加不了志愿活动 还有别的办法吗 |
[01:04] | Well, you can donate money. | 你们可以捐钱 |
[01:06] | How do we volunteer? | 志愿活动怎么参加 |
[01:28] | Boys, we’ve got great news. | 孩子们 我们有个好消息 |
[01:30] | Where’d you get quesadillas? | 你们哪儿弄来的墨西哥烤饼 |
[01:32] | You told me I couldn’t use the oven, | 你们告诉我不能用炉子 |
[01:33] | but you never said anything about the iron. | 可没说不能用熨斗 |
[01:39] | Both of your schools are making your father and me | 你们俩的学校强制我和你们爸爸 |
[01:41] | mandatory volunteer. | 参加志愿活动 |
[01:44] | I have to be the boss of some costume show? | 我得负责一场服装表演 |
[01:47] | You’re directing the school play. | 你是要执导校园话剧 |
[01:50] | – Me and Evan are in the play! – You are? Why? | -我和埃文也参演了话剧 -是吗 为什么 |
[01:54] | You’re not gonna become actors. | 你们长大又不当演员 |
[01:55] | You think they’re gonna put two Chinese boys on TV? | 你们觉得两个中国男孩能上电视吗 |
[01:58] | Maybe if there’s a nerdy friend | 或许如果有个怪胎朋友 |
[02:00] | or a magical thing | 或是发生了奇迹 |
[02:01] | where someone wanders into a Chinatown, but no. | 有人进入了唐人街 但那是不可能的 |
[02:04] | The play is fun. | 那话剧很有趣 |
[02:06] | Let me tell you a story about fun. | 让我来告诉你什么是有趣 |
[02:09] | Once, there was a little girl | 曾经有个小女孩 |
[02:11] | and all she wanted was a Sparkle Time Beauty Horse. | 她一心想要一匹”闪耀时光美女马” |
[02:15] | The knock-off version of My Little Pony. | 就是”小马宝莉”的仿制版 |
[02:17] | When you hugged them, it burned… | 当你抱着它 它就会发烫 |
[02:19] | but you played through that pain. | 但即使很烫 你也忍不住要玩 |
[02:21] | And one in every five had a human face. | 其中有1/5还长着一张人脸 |
[02:25] | Did the little girl ever get one? | 那小女孩得到了吗 |
[02:27] | No, she got something even better, | 没有 她得到了更好的东西 |
[02:29] | A strong work ethic. | 强烈的职业道德 |
[02:32] | She focused on her studies | 她专心学习 |
[02:33] | and became the first one in her family to go to college. | 成了家里第一个上大学的人 |
[02:40] | Think about that. | 好好想想 |
[02:43] | What girl was she talking about? | 她说的是哪个女孩 |
[02:45] | Connie Chung. | 康妮·张 |
[02:46] | Has to be Connie Chung. Who else is there? | 肯定是康妮·张 不然还能有谁呢 |
[02:49] | Dad, are you volunteering for the school play too? | 爸爸 你也志愿执导校园话剧吗 |
[02:51] | Nope, I got a good one. | 不 我的任务比较好 |
[02:53] | I’m coaching Eddie’s basketball team. | 我要给埃迪的篮球队当教练 |
[02:55] | Oh, dope! We’ve never had a coach. | 太酷了 我们从没有过教练 |
[02:58] | Trent’s been wearing a tie | 特伦特一直系条领带 |
[02:59] | and putting his hands on his waist a lot, | 老用手叉着腰 |
[03:00] | but nobody’s buying it. | 但没人买他的账 |
[03:05] | You bums! | 你们这帮蠢货 |
[03:08] | I mentioned I played semi-pro basketball back in Taiwan, | 我提到我在台湾时打过半职业篮球 |
[03:11] | and they assigned it to me. | 他们就让我做这个了 |
[03:12] | What? You played hoops? | 什么 你打过篮球 |
[03:13] | You never told me that! | 你从没和我说过 |
[03:15] | It was years ago. I didn’t want to brag. | 好多年前的事了 我不想吹嘘 |
[03:17] | But, yeah. I played point guard in the Mystic Tiger League. | 不过 我在秘虎联盟打过控球后卫 |
[03:22] | That is awesome! | 真是太棒了 |
[03:24] | Are you gonna teach us how to play Taiwanese-style basketball? | 你会教我们打台式篮球吗 |
[03:28] | Only way I know how. | 我也只会这个了 |
[03:34] | This… is gonna be… | 这…一定会… |
[03:37] | amazing. | 非常惊艳 |
[04:31] | That certainly explains how he caught the apple. | 难怪他能那么酷炫地接住苹果 |
[04:37] | Well, I am so glad you are helping us out, Jessica. | 真高兴你能来帮忙 杰西卡 |
[04:39] | Yes, because mandatory. Yes. | 是啊 因为是强制的 |
[04:44] | Looks like rehearsal has started. | 看来排练已经开始了 |
[04:50] | What am I seeing? | 这都是些什么鬼 |
[04:53] | It’s called “The Sunflower Gang Goes to Yumland.” | 那戏叫《向日葵们去美味国》 |
[04:57] | The kids love it. | 孩子们可喜欢了 |
[04:58] | Every character has the same number of lines | 每个角色的台词都一样多 |
[05:00] | and all the world’s cultures are equally represented. | 世界各地的不同文化都得到同等体现 |
[05:04] | We’ve been performing it for six years running | 我们已经连续6年上演这个节目了 |
[05:07] | without offending anyone, | 没有冒犯过任何人 |
[05:08] | and that includes our “I-talian” Families. | 包括我们的意大利家庭 |
[05:12] | I’m gonna leave you here with the other directors. | 那你和其他导演一起开始吧 我先走了 |
[05:15] | Other directors? | 其他导演 |
[05:18] | – Looking good, Maurice. – Damn you, Tetris. | -很不错 莫里斯 -该死的俄罗斯方块 |
[05:20] | You have four other parents here. Why do you need me? | 已经有4位家长了 为什么还要指派我来 |
[05:23] | Diversity. | 多元化啊 |
[05:24] | Plus, when you’re putting on a show, | 而且 当你要准备一场演出 |
[05:27] | you can never have too many voices chiming in. | 多听几个人的意见总是不错的 |
[05:34] | The Mystic Tiger League? | 秘虎联盟 |
[05:35] | Yeah, man. Taiwanese-style ball. It’s gonna be sick. | 是的 伙计 台式篮球 绝对酷炫 |
[05:39] | If you think our team’s good now, | 如果你以为我们球队很好了 |
[05:41] | wait till my dad shows up. | 等我爸出现就知道了 |
[05:45] | Wait’s over! | 不用等了 |
[05:46] | Hi, boys. I’m Coach Huang, your new… | 好啊孩子们 我是黄教练 你们的新… |
[05:50] | coach. | 教练 |
[05:52] | Dad, teach us how to fly, kick and dunk at the same time. | 爸爸 快教我们一边飞一边踢一边灌篮 |
[05:55] | We’ll get to that. But for now, everybody grab a partner. | 我会教你们的 但现在 大家先两两组合 |
[05:59] | Line up across from each other. | 面对面排开 |
[06:01] | Now, this first drill is called the B.P. Dragon. | 好 第一个训练叫”B.P.龙” |
[06:04] | – Awesome. – Oh, cool. | -棒极了 -真酷 |
[06:06] | I want you to bounce the ball to your partner. | 我要你们向自己的搭档击地传球 |
[06:10] | Good. And they bounce the ball back. | 很好 搭档击地回传 |
[06:14] | And you keep doing that 200 times. | 继续做200个来回 |
[06:18] | What is that? | 这是干什么 |
[06:19] | It’s the Bounce Pass Dragon… | 这叫”击地传球龙” |
[06:21] | faithful guardian of the passing lane. | 传球路线的忠实守护者 |
[06:25] | Dad, can I talk to you? | 爸 我能和你说句话吗 |
[06:27] | Uh, sure. Uh, go ahead and try some passes, boys. | 当然 男孩们 接着练习传球 |
[06:30] | Remember, thumbs down on the release, | 记住 传出时拇指向下 |
[06:32] | like you’re helping a stubborn goat cross a bridge. | 就像扶着一头不听话的山羊过桥 |
[06:37] | I thought you were gonna teach us Taiwanese-style ball. | 我还以为你是要教我们台式篮球 |
[06:40] | That’s what I’m doing. | 我就是在教你们啊 |
[06:41] | That was Taiwanese-style basketball? | 那就是台式篮球吗 |
[06:43] | Absolutely. When you play that far below the rim, | 当然了 当你们到达篮下 |
[06:46] | it’s all about fundamentals and teamwork. | 就全靠基本功和团队协作了 |
[06:48] | I thought you played in the Mystic Tiger League. | 我以为你在秘虎联盟打过呢 |
[06:50] | I did. We were sponsored by Mystic Tiger Cigarettes. | 没错 我们由秘虎香烟赞助 |
[06:53] | They advertised themselves as the breakfast cigarette. | 他们的广告称自己是早餐时抽的烟 |
[07:03] | Well, we’re not trying to learn bounce passes. | 我们不想学击地传球 |
[07:05] | We want to look cool. | 我们想显得很酷 |
[07:06] | Eddie, basketball isn’t about looking cool. | 埃迪 篮球的精髓不在于看起来酷 |
[07:09] | It’s about being a good teammate. | 在于好的团队协作 |
[07:11] | That’ll help you in life as well. | 那将让你终生受益 |
[07:13] | I couldn’t run Cattleman’s Ranch without my team. | 没有团队 我也无法经营牧民的牧场餐厅 |
[07:15] | Trust me. One day you’ll thank me for this. | 相信我 有一天你会为此感谢我的 |
[07:19] | I told you, Doug, I’m the goggle guy. | 我告诉过你 道格 我才是目镜哥 |
[07:21] | You can be the wristband guy. | 你可以做手环哥 |
[07:22] | I don’t want to be the wristband guy! My wrists get hot. | 我不想做手环哥 我的手腕会发热 |
[07:26] | Well, we can’t have two goggle guys on the team. | 我们队里可不能有两个目镜哥 |
[07:28] | How will people tell us apart? | 那让人怎么区分 |
[07:29] | – Take ’em off! – No. No! | -把你的摘掉 -不 不行 |
[07:31] | Hey, boys, stop! You’re on the same team! | 嘿 小伙子们 快停下 你们是一个队的 |
[07:33] | Dad, let me handle this. | 爸爸 让我来处理 |
[07:36] | Give me the goggles! | 把目镜给我 |
[07:38] | Fight! Fight! | 打啊 打啊 |
[07:39] | Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! | 打啊 打啊 打啊 打啊 |
[07:49] | All feelings are valid! | 所有的感情都是合理的 |
[07:51] | The early bird catches the hug. | 早起的鸟儿有抱抱 |
[07:54] | What a waste of time. | 真是浪费时间 |
[07:56] | Can you imagine if we told our parents | 你能想象我们要是告诉我们的父母 |
[07:57] | we want to do something like this? | 我们想做这种事 会怎么样吗 |
[07:59] | My mother was supportive of my creative pursuits. | 我母亲很支持我的创作 |
[08:03] | I actually did the temp track for the voice of the baby | 我还在《飞越童真》的临时音轨中 |
[08:05] | in Look Who’s Talking. | 为里面的婴儿配音过 |
[08:07] | Kirstie Alley is crazy. | 克丽丝蒂·艾利是个疯子 |
[08:12] | My husband and I moved to this country | 我和我丈夫搬到这个国家来 |
[08:14] | to give our kids a better life… | 是为给孩子们一个更好的生活 |
[08:16] | not this nonsense. | 不是干这种荒唐事 |
[08:18] | Do you think Tetris knows when you need an “L”… | 你说俄罗斯方块是不是明知你需要一个”L” |
[08:20] | and purposely doesn’t give it to you? | 但就是故意不给你 |
[08:29] | Aw, hell, no! | 绝对不行 |
[08:34] | All right, boys, I got a surprise for you. | 好了孩子们 给你们一个惊喜 |
[08:37] | I ordered us new uniforms. | 我给大家订制了新球服 |
[08:41] | Where’s the rest of the shorts? | 怎么这么短 |
[08:42] | We don’t need all the extra | 我们不用那么长 |
[08:44] | fabric getting in the way of our footwork. | 多余的布料会妨碍步法的 |
[08:45] | Come on out, Dave! | 出来吧 达夫 |
[08:49] | Look how free his thighs are. | 这下他的大腿解放了 |
[08:52] | And white. Looks like someone bleached a ghost. | 而且很白 像有人把幽灵漂白了似的 |
[08:57] | I’m sorry, sir. Parents have to wait in the gym. | 抱歉 先生 家长要在体育馆等待 |
[08:59] | Dad, that’s Dmitri, our star player. | 爸爸 那是德米特 我们的明星球员 |
[09:03] | But… | 但是 |
[09:04] | – He’s on the team? How old is he? – Eleven-and-a-half. | -他也是队员吗 他几岁了 -11岁半 |
[09:08] | What? | 什么 |
[09:09] | But he’s already balding. | 可他已经开始秃顶了 |
[09:11] | That’s where his head hits the rim. | 那是他的头撞到篮筐的伤口 |
[09:13] | But he wasn’t at practice. | 可他训练时都没出现 |
[09:15] | Dad, Dmitri doesn’t practice. | 爸爸 德米特不需要训练 |
[09:17] | He just shows up to games and crushes it. | 他就在比赛时出现 横扫全场 |
[09:20] | Eddie, you can’t count on one player to carry a whole team. | 埃迪 不能依靠一位球员支撑全队 |
[09:24] | If you do, I think you’ll find… | 如果这样 你会发现… |
[09:26] | Dmitri! Dmitri! | 德米特 德米特 |
[09:30] | Dmitri! | 德米特 |
[09:37] | You lost the game, huh? | 比赛输了吗 |
[09:39] | No. We won. | 没有 赢了 |
[09:41] | It… was… | 那…真是… |
[09:43] | awesome. | 酷毙了 |
[09:45] | Dmitri looked right at me, | 德米特正眼看着我 |
[09:46] | like he almost thought about passing to me! | 好像他几乎想要传球给我了 |
[09:49] | Why aren’t you happy? You won. | 你们赢了 你怎么不高兴呢 |
[09:51] | Because it’s not about winning. | 因为这无关输赢 |
[09:54] | I’m trying to teach these kids about teamwork… | 我想教孩子们团队协作 |
[09:55] | but their priorities are all wrong. | 但他们的重点全错了 |
[09:57] | Exactly. They have no work ethic. Not like us. | 就是 他们完全没有职业道德 跟我们不一样 |
[10:00] | They think life is all gumdrops and warm hugs. | 他们以为生活满是橡皮软糖和温暖的拥抱 |
[10:03] | And cool goggles and long, flashy shorts. | 还有酷炫的目镜和又长又华丽的短裤 |
[10:05] | That’s why I’m rewriting the school play… | 所以我要改写校园话剧 |
[10:07] | to teach the boys something useful. | 教孩子们一些有用的东西 |
[10:10] | That’s what I’m trying to do with Eddie, | 那也正是我想对埃迪做的 |
[10:12] | help prepare him for the real world. | 帮他准备好面对现实世界 |
[10:13] | But I don’t think he gets it. | 但我想他理解不了 |
[10:15] | It’s too bad they don’t have caddies in basketball. | 真可惜篮球场上不设球童 |
[10:18] | ’cause I would just love to carry Dmitri’s bag… | 因为我简直爱死帮德米特拿包了 |
[10:20] | And be, like, “Hey, D., what do you need? | 然后问 “小德 你要什么 |
[10:22] | Ball? Towel? Sports drink?” | 球 毛巾 还是运动饮料” |
[10:25] | Is that really what you want to take away from this? | 你今天学到的就是这个吗 |
[10:28] | Carrying Dmitri’s bag? | 帮德米特拿包 |
[10:30] | It’s better than carrying Grandma’s bag like Evan. | 总比像埃文那样帮奶奶拿包好吧 |
[10:33] | Grandma, do you need anything from in here? | 奶奶 你要包里的什么东西吗 |
[10:36] | Maybe one of your TV Guides? | 来本电视指南如何 |
[10:48] | Okay, boys, enough goofing off! | 伙计们 别吊儿郎当了 |
[10:50] | Let’s run some drills. | 来做点常规练习 |
[10:53] | Oh, you think drills are lame? | 觉得常规练习没用是吗 |
[10:55] | Well, you know who doesn’t think they’re lame? | 猜猜谁认为做常规练习有好处 |
[10:57] | Your NBA hero John Stockton. | 你们的NBA大明星约翰·斯托克顿 |
[11:02] | He may play for the Jazz, | 或许他效力于爵士队 |
[11:03] | but there’s no improvisation in his game. | 但比赛时他的表现全靠平时积累 |
[11:06] | I saw it on the SportsCenter show. | 我从体育新闻上看来的 |
[11:08] | It teaches the importance of shari… | 那教会我们要懂得分… |
[11:14] | Nice shot. | 投得好 |
[11:15] | Of course, that never would’ve happened… | 但假如我认真防守 |
[11:17] | if I was actually defending Dmitri… | 德米特刚才不可能投中 |
[11:19] | In which case, I would have my arms up, away from my body. | 那样的话 我会高举双臂 |
[11:30] | Eddie, hold my whistle. | 埃迪 帮我拿好口哨 |
[11:43] | Pull up a chair, Gumdrop. | 拉个椅子过来 橡皮糖 |
[11:45] | You can be our study buddy. | 你可以当我们的学习伙伴 |
[11:46] | Thanks, but I don’t need to study anymore. | 谢了 可我不再需要学习了 |
[11:49] | I found a new thing to be when I grow up. | 我又有了新的梦想 |
[11:51] | It’s called acting. | 叫做演戏 |
[11:53] | “Act-ing”? What’s that? | “演-戏” 那是什么 |
[11:56] | Something that doesn’t require preparation or hard work. | 事前不需要用功准备的工作 |
[11:59] | I’m studying to be a doctor so I can make my parents proud. | 我认真学习 希望成为医生 让父母骄傲 |
[12:03] | And I’m prepping for the bar exam… | 我在准备参加律师资格考试 |
[12:05] | So I can become a lawyer | 然后做律师 |
[12:07] | and have a stable income and health insurance. | 收入稳定还有医疗保险 |
[12:09] | Well, if you want to do homework… | 如果你想做家庭作业 |
[12:12] | that’s your “pagrogative.” | 那就是你的”动立” |
[12:15] | I’m gonna go get some head shots taken. | 我要去拍大头照了 |
[12:21] | Mom, why’d you take out | 妈妈 你为什么 |
[12:22] | the part where we go to Candy Corn Mountain? | 要删掉我们去玉米糖山那段 |
[12:24] | Because we are doing a new play. | 因为我们换了个新剧本 |
[12:27] | It’s called “Acting. A Cautionary Tale”… | 叫《演戏 警世寓言》 |
[12:31] | or “Mr. Gumdrop Goes to Lazywood”. | 或者叫《橡皮糖先生去懒惰林》 |
[12:39] | You just got posterized, Coach! | 你被狠狠羞辱了 教练 |
[12:41] | No, I was just letting Dmitri show you… | 不 我只是想让德米特给你们演示 |
[12:43] | an example of what’s wrong with basketball today. | 如今篮球出了什么问题 |
[12:46] | Yeah, we caught that lesson five dunks ago. | 是啊 在5次灌篮前我们就学到这一课了 |
[12:49] | Dmitri! | 德米特 |
[12:50] | Then now you’re ready for your next lesson. | 那现在你们可以再学一课 |
[12:52] | A layup is worth just as many points as a dunk. | 上篮和扣篮得分相同 |
[12:55] | Substance over style. | 实质要胜过耍酷 |
[13:02] | Dad? I think he’s hurt. | 爸 我觉得他受伤了 |
[13:08] | Uh, on the bright side, I peeked at Dmitri’s medical records… | 好消息是 我瞄了一眼他的医疗记录 |
[13:11] | and he is, indeed, 11-and-a-half. | 他确实是11岁半 |
[13:20] | So our best player, by the fault of no one in particular… | 虽然不是任何人的错 但我们的明星球员 |
[13:25] | is out for the season. | 无法参加这季比赛了 |
[13:27] | Dmitri. | 德米特 |
[13:28] | But we can still win this game by playing good team basketball. | 但我们发扬协作精神还是可能拿下比赛 |
[13:32] | You’re still coming at us with that noise? | 你还是要拿那一套来教我们吗 |
[13:35] | This isn’t Taiwan, Dad. Nobody plays like that anymore. | 我们这不是在台湾 爸 没人那样打球了 |
[13:41] | I’m gonna tell you guys a story about a team back in Taipei. | 我给你们讲一个台北球队的故事 |
[13:45] | They were a band of ragtag misfits from all corners of town. | 有一队怎么看都不协调的乌合之众 |
[13:49] | Some of them were too small. Others too big. | 有的太瘦小 有的又太高大 |
[13:51] | One of them was a girl. | 还有个女孩子 |
[13:54] | But they worked together… | 但他们通力合作 |
[13:55] | Developed a play called “The Flying V”… | 自创了一个叫”翱翔五人”的比赛动作 |
[13:58] | And became unstoppable! | 最后战无不胜 所向披靡 |
[14:04] | Isn’t that “The Mighty Ducks”? | 那不就是《冰上特攻队》吗 |
[14:07] | Um, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[14:09] | We rented it last weekend. | 上周我们租的录像带 |
[14:11] | We were hit with a rewind fee, and you’re like… | 我们应该加付倒带费 你还说… |
[14:13] | “I will not pay a rewind fee for The Mighty Ducks!” | “我绝不会为《冰上特攻队》付倒带费” |
[14:16] | Not ringing a bell. | 不记得这事了 |
[14:17] | Look, the point is, you guys are ready for this. | 听着 关键在于 你们已经准备好了 |
[14:20] | You have all the training you need. | 该做的训练都做了 |
[14:22] | So let’s go out there and | 让我们出去 |
[14:23] | let’s win one for Charlie Sheen’s brother! | 为查理·辛的哥哥赢下这局 |
[14:23] | 《冰上特攻队》台词 主演系查理·辛大哥 | |
[14:39] | – That’s halftime! – Aw, son of a bitch! | -中场时间 -妈的 |
[14:45] | Man, you suck! | 天 你烂透了 |
[14:52] | So… Cold. | 好冷 |
[14:58] | Someone needs our help. | 有人需要帮助 |
[15:03] | Just as I thought. This bum-drop hasn’t worked in months. | 跟我想的一样 这流浪汉都几个月没工作了 |
[15:07] | That’s not a bum-drop. | 那不是流浪汉 |
[15:09] | That’s Gumdrop, a classmate from my youth! | 那是橡皮糖 我小时候的同学 |
[15:12] | I never should’ve become an actor. | 我不该当演员的 |
[15:16] | It was a complete waste of time. | 简直是浪费时间 |
[15:20] | Okay, what happened to Yumland? | 好吧 怎么不演《美味国》了 |
[15:22] | Why aren’t the other children onstage? | 其他小孩怎么没上台 |
[15:24] | I cut them. | 我撤了他们 |
[15:25] | If they want to be actors so bad, | 如果他们真的那么想当演员 |
[15:27] | they should get used to being unemployed. | 那也该习惯失业 |
[15:29] | Jessica, the school play’s supposed to be fun. | 杰西卡 学校话剧应该是以乐趣为主 |
[15:32] | Don’t you do anything just for fun? | 你难道不会单纯为了乐趣做一些事吗 |
[15:34] | Yes. I teach my children valuable life lessons | 会啊 我会给我的孩子们上一堂重要的人生课程 |
[15:36] | so they can become successful. | 让他们以后成为成功人士 |
[15:39] | Okay. Okay. I can see why we’ve been getting some complaints. | 好吧 我明白为什么会有人投诉了 |
[15:42] | Who complained? Hey! | 谁投诉了 嘿 |
[15:44] | Unicorn girl with a lisp! Was it you? | 大舌头独角女 是你吗 |
[15:46] | I can’t put you up there. No one understands what you’re saying. | 我没办法让你上台 没人听得清你在说什么 |
[15:49] | I’m “sowwy.” | 我很”布歉” |
[15:51] | You see what I have to work with? | 你瞧见我面对的是怎样的料了吧 |
[15:58] | Speaking from experience, that was a spanking. | 从经验来看 他们刚刚真是太赞了 |
[16:02] | They have their own Dmitri. | 他们有自己的德米特 |
[16:04] | He scored all their points. | 他们的分都是他拿下的 |
[16:06] | I can’t believe we still have another half to play. | 我真不敢相信还有下半场要打 |
[16:09] | Guys, good news. | 伙计们 好消息 |
[16:11] | I have a plan. We can quit. | 我有办法了 我们可以退赛 |
[16:14] | I was talking to the ref, and there’s a mercy rule. | 我跟裁判谈了 可以手下留情结束比赛 |
[16:16] | He even drew us a map to the nearest Shakey’s. | 他还告诉我怎么到最近那家披萨店 |
[16:18] | Apparently, there’s a loser’s discount on Mojo potatoes. | 显然输家买魔法土豆泥可以打折 |
[16:21] | – Thank goodness! – Yes! | -谢天谢地 -正合我意 |
[16:24] | – I call shotgun! – Eddie, you were right. | -我要坐副驾驶 -埃迪 你说得对 |
[16:27] | Basketball clearly isn’t about team anymore. | 篮球已经无关团队协作了 |
[16:30] | It’s about who has the biggest star. | 关键在于谁有最厉害的球员 |
[16:31] | Monday, I’m calling your school | 周一我就给学校打电话 |
[16:33] | and telling them to get you a new coach. | 给你们换个教练 |
[16:35] | No, Dad. You can’t quit. | 不行 爸 你不能退赛 |
[16:37] | And neither can we. | 我们也不能 |
[16:39] | We have to beat these jerks. | 我们要打败那些混蛋 |
[16:41] | How? | 怎么做 |
[16:42] | Their Dmitri’s stronger than us, bigger than us. | 他们的德米特比我们都要强壮高大 |
[16:44] | It’s hopeless. | 没希望啊 |
[16:45] | No, it’s not. | 不 并非如此 |
[16:47] | Like my dad said, when you’re playing this far below the rim… | 像我爸说的 当你们来到篮下 |
[16:50] | it’s all about teamwork. | 最重要的就是团队合作 |
[16:51] | I guess what I mean is… Quack. Quack. | 我的意思是 嘎嘎 嘎嘎 |
[16:56] | Quack. | 嘎嘎 |
[16:58] | Quack. | 嘎嘎 |
[16:59] | Quack. Quack! Quack! Quack! | 嘎嘎 嘎嘎 |
[17:03] | I love all this quacking, but you know there’s no way we can win. | 我喜欢这鸭叫 但你们知道没希望赢啊 |
[17:06] | I never said we had to win. | 我没说要赢 |
[17:09] | I said we had to beat them. | 我是说我们要”打”败他们 |
[17:29] | Foul! | 犯规 |
[17:41] | Eddie, catch. | 埃迪 接住 |
[17:59] | Yes! | 棒 |
[18:06] | – You’re outta here! – With pleasure! | -出去 -我很乐意 |
[18:18] | And that’s exactly how it happened, Mom. | 情况就是这样 妈 |
[18:21] | We set the record for most fouls. | 我们创下犯规次数最多的纪录了 |
[18:23] | And we did it as a team. | 而且是全队合作哦 |
[18:25] | Thanks to you, Dad, | 多亏了你 爸 |
[18:26] | we didn’t just school them, | 我们不仅是教训了他们 |
[18:27] | we old-schooled them. | 而且是用老式方法教训的 |
[18:29] | Well, not really. | 不算吧 |
[18:30] | I don’t remember teaching you to nut punch, | 我可不记得教过你猴子偷桃啊 |
[18:33] | but you did work together as a team. | 不过你们确实学会了团队合作 |
[18:35] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你们骄傲 |
[18:38] | Your dad told me that you guys are in a play. | 你爸告诉我 你们参演了话剧 |
[18:40] | That’s so exciting. | 多棒啊 |
[18:42] | I’m an actress too. | 我也是演员 |
[18:43] | I shot a home movie in a guy’s apartment. | 我在一个男人的公寓里拍过小电影 |
[18:45] | And now you’re a waitress? | 现在成了侍应生 |
[18:47] | Slash-actress. | 兼演员 |
[18:49] | So I don’t know if your play is already cast up, but… | 你们剧里的演员都确定了吗 |
[18:53] | keep me in mind. | 缺人就找我 |
[18:54] | That’s an old picture. It’s before I grew into my teeth. | 很早以前拍的了 当时我还小不懂事 |
[19:00] | – Mom, we don’t want to be in the play anymore. – Really? | -妈 我们不想演了 -真的吗 |
[19:03] | It’s a waste of time. | 太浪费时间了 |
[19:04] | We want to focus on our future. | 我们想把精力放到以后的发展上 |
[19:06] | And not end up in the gutter | 避免沦落到贫民区 |
[19:07] | with a low credit rating like Mr. Gumdrop. | 信用评级像橡皮糖先生那么低 |
[19:10] | Good. You got the point of the play. | 很好 你们明白这出剧的意义了 |
[19:13] | Your backpacks are in the car. | 背包就在车里 |
[19:14] | You can go study. | 快去学习吧 |
[19:17] | They are so lucky to have us. | 他们有我们这样的家长运气真好 |
[19:19] | Well, we’re also lucky to have them. | 有他们也是我们的福气 |
[19:22] | Their lives are much different than ours were. | 他们和我们以前的生活有很大不同 |
[19:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:25] | Can you imagine if we had wasted time like they do? | 如果我们当年也像他们这样浪费时间 会怎样呢 |
[19:28] | Well, we never had the chance, Jessica. | 杰西卡 我们根本没机会啊 |
[19:30] | But isn’t that why we work so hard… | 但我们那么辛苦地工作 |
[19:32] | to give them the opportunity to do things that we couldn’t do? | 不就是想让他们做我们不能做的事情吗 |
[19:36] | I mean, would it have been so bad if your parents | 假如你父母教会你强烈的职业道德感 |
[19:38] | had given you a strong work ethic and the glitter horse? | 同时又送你一匹闪光妈 又能坏到哪去 |
[19:44] | I worked so hard. | 我很努力 |
[19:46] | I did all my schoolwork, all my chores. | 我完成了所有该做的作业和家务 |
[19:49] | I deserved a little horse… | 一匹小马是我应得的 |
[19:52] | with brittle hair to comb and braid… | 我可以梳她的硬鬃毛 还可以编辫子 |
[19:54] | and a human face to kiss at night. | 她有人脸 我可以在睡前吻一下 |
[19:58] | I would have named her Sugar Applebalm… | 我要叫她苹果香膏糖 |
[20:00] | and built her a stable out of tissue boxes. | 用抽纸盒建一个马厩 |
[20:03] | And Janet Yi had three horses… | 珍妮特·伊有三匹马 |
[20:06] | and she went to Harvard and became an assistant DA… | 她进了哈佛大学 成了助理地检 |
[20:08] | and ultimately she died in a plane crash. | 最后在空难中丧生 |
[20:10] | But when she died, she was flying first class like a boss! | 她死的时候像大老板一样乘坐一等舱 |
[20:18] | Janet Yi’s not dead. | 珍妮特·伊没死啊 |
[20:19] | Well, someone is! | 反正有人死了 |
[20:31] | – This play is a mess. – It’s a huge waste of time. | -这出戏真是乱透了 -真是浪费时间 |
[20:35] | But they’re having fun. | 但他们玩得很开心 |
[20:39] | Plus, it’ll look good on a college application. | 而且 在大学申请表上也算不错的经历 |
[20:46] | – What did she say? – Nobody knows. | -她刚说什么 -天知道 |
[20:54] | You don’t think I should move in with him, do you? | 你认为我不该搬去和他同居 对吧 |
[20:56] | I have confidence that you’ll do… | 我相信你会做出 |
[20:58] | what is right. | 正确的决定 |
[21:00] | Based on what? | 有什么依据 |
[21:02] | So no Asians on TV, huh? | 不是说电视上没亚裔吗 |
[21:10] | Look what came in the mail all the way from Taiwan. | 看看从台湾寄来了什么 |
[21:14] | Took a lot of phone calls, but I tracked one down. | 虽然打了很多电话 但我找到了一个 |
[21:19] | Sparkle Time Beauty Horse! | 闪耀时光美女马 |
[21:22] | Oh, and it’s a face one! | 而且还有人脸 |
[21:25] | My face burning is how I know you love me back. | 我的脸有灼烧感 说明你也爱我 |