时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | It had been a minute since my family left DC | 我们全家离开华盛顿已经有段时间了 |
[00:05] | and we were all definitely settling into Orlando. | 也都开始适应了奥兰多的生活 |
[00:09] | I became my school’s first black president. | 我成为全校第一个黑人主席 |
[00:13] | Dad put the restaurant on the map. | 爸爸的餐厅搞得风生水起 |
[00:15] | I got this idea from watching a baby. | 我这点子来自于照看宝宝 |
[00:18] | Eat up, my babies! | 吃光吧 宝宝们 |
[00:21] | – My brothers were still nerds. – Shifting to hyper speed. | -我的弟弟们依然是书呆子 -切换到高速 |
[00:25] | We’re on our way, Santa! Ohh! | 我们来啦 圣诞老人 |
[00:28] | Grandma was busy doing her thing. | 奶奶忙着她自己的事 |
[00:32] | But no one was fitting in better than Moms. | 可说到融入当地社会 没人比得上妈妈 |
[00:35] | She was down with Melrose Place. | 她迷上了《飞越情海》 |
[00:36] | So Brooke wrote a letter to Allison in Billy’s voice | 于是布鲁克用比利的口吻给艾莉森写了封信 |
[00:39] | all while Paul is getting a divorce | 而保罗正在办离婚 |
[00:41] | and asking Matt to help him move out. | 让马特帮他搬出去 |
[00:42] | My, you have come a long way | 天呐 你真是突飞猛进啊 |
[00:44] | since calling it “The Melrose Street.” | 之前你还老管这剧叫《梅尔丽丝大街》 |
[00:46] | That is still a better name. | 我还是觉得那名字更好 |
[00:48] | Her real-estate game was on point. | 她的房地产生意也做得顺风顺水 |
[01:00] | She was assimilating like a fiend. | 她如饥似渴地看书 |
[01:06] | So when she got invited to join the North Orlando Country Club, | 所以当她被邀请加入北奥兰多乡村俱乐部 |
[01:10] | she was like- | 她的反应是 |
[01:10] | Oh, hell, yeah! | 好极了 |
[01:12] | For her, this was the ultimate symbol of success. | 对她来说 那是终极成功标志 |
[01:15] | There was just one problem. | 只是有一个问题 |
[01:17] | No. Too expensive. | 不行 太贵了 |
[01:18] | But the restaurant is doing so well now. | 可现在餐厅生意很好啊 |
[01:21] | If I’m not worried about money, you shouldn’t be either. | 如果我没有担心钱的问题 你也不该担心 |
[01:25] | Their tennis court has a ball boy. | 他们的网球场有个球童 |
[01:28] | I like playing on the municipal court. | 我喜欢在公共球场打网球 |
[01:30] | It’s just as nice. | 一样的好 |
[01:32] | Okay, my serve. | 好 我发球 |
[01:35] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[01:37] | Oh, God! | 老天 |
[01:39] | Just give the dog your tennis ball! | 把你的球给那只狗 |
[01:41] | It’s brand-new! What am I made of, tennis balls? | 这是新的 你当我是造网球的啊 |
[02:02] | My school did this thing called World Cultures Day. | 我们学校办了个叫做世界文化日的活动 |
[02:04] | All the parents were invited, | 邀请了每个同学的父母 |
[02:05] | and every kid got a country to represent. | 每个孩子都代表一个国家 |
[02:07] | – What country did you get, Eddie? – Iceland. | -你是什么国家 埃迪 -冰岛 |
[02:10] | Dave, I may need to borrow your Bjorrk CD. | 达夫 我可能要借一下你的比约克CD |
[02:13] | – How do you know I have that? – Your taste in music sucks. | -你怎么知道我有 -你的音乐品味糟透了 |
[02:16] | So, what countries did you guys get? | 你们拿到了什么国家 |
[02:17] | We all traded for the Caribbean islands. | 我们都换成了加勒比群岛 |
[02:20] | It’s an easy “A.” It’s just sand, sun and reggae, mon. | 容易得A 就只有沙滩 阳光和雷鬼音乐 |
[02:25] | Walter, can you believe what he’s saying about your people? | 沃特 你能相信他这样说你们吗 |
[02:28] | My people are from Colorado. | 我们来自科罗拉多州 |
[02:30] | The islands are more than just beaches. | 群岛不止有沙滩 |
[02:32] | They’re part of black history. | 也是黑人历史的一部分 |
[02:33] | I know. I’ve listened to “Buffalo Soldier.” | 我知道 我听过《布法罗军人》 |
[02:36] | Yeah, but have you heard it? | 是啊 但你听懂了吗 |
[02:38] | Y’all need me in the Caribbean section. | 你们加勒比区域需要我 |
[02:40] | – What country’s left? – Jamaica. | -还剩下什么国家 -牙买加 |
[02:43] | But Brian Dunlop has it, and he’s never gonna trade. | 但是布莱恩·唐洛普是这个 他不肯换的 |
[02:52] | 男孩成长记 美国90年代情景喜剧 | |
[02:54] | Brother’s gonna work it out. | 兄弟会想办法解决的 |
[03:01] | You like Boy Meets World? | 你喜欢《男孩成长记》吗 |
[03:02] | – Love it. – If you trade me Jamaica | -爱死了 -要是你把牙买加换给我 |
[03:05] | I’ll hook you up with Topanga’s phone number. | 我就把女主角塔佩佳的号码给你 |
[03:07] | Please. There’s no way you have her number. | 拜托 你不可能有她的号码 |
[03:09] | Then how would I know the first number’s 4? | 那我怎么知道号码第一个数字是4呢 |
[03:21] | This is Topanga. | 我是塔佩佳 |
[03:24] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[03:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:35] | I know why Jessica asked you here. | 我知道为什么杰西卡让你们过来 |
[03:39] | Oh, we just wanted… to check out your restaurant. | 我们只是 想看下你的餐厅 |
[03:43] | Oh, are you two members of the North Orlando Country Club? | 你们是北奥兰多乡村俱乐部的会员吗 |
[03:47] | Not smooth, Jessica. Not smooth. | 太做作了 杰西卡 装的不像 |
[03:49] | Come on, Louis, you’ve got to join. | 拜托 路易斯 你一定要加入 |
[03:51] | This club is classy as hell. | 这个俱乐部牛得没话说 |
[03:53] | It’s just not a good time for us financially. | 只是我们这段时间经济比较紧张 |
[03:55] | I’m considering opening up a second location of the restaurant. | 我在考虑开第二家餐厅 |
[03:58] | I have pals at the club that can help you with that. | 我俱乐部有个朋友能帮你 |
[04:00] | Ted handles small-business loans. | 泰德负责小本生意贷款 |
[04:02] | And Bert? He’s a commercial contractor. | 以及伯特 他是负责招商的 |
[04:04] | Oh, such powerful first names, Louis. | 那些名字真是如雷贯耳啊 路易斯 |
[04:07] | Business happens at the club every day. | 俱乐部每天都有生意来往 |
[04:09] | It’s nothing but fresh white towels and handshake deals. | 无非就是洗个澡 握个手就成了 |
[04:30] | Fine. I’ll go on a tour. | 好吧 那我去看看吧 |
[04:34] | Good man. | 好样的 |
[04:34] | Oh, and, hey, we can be your first Asian-American members. | 我们还是你们第一批美籍亚裔的会员 |
[04:39] | Oh, I didn’t even think of that. | 我都没想到这一点 |
[04:40] | You know, sometimes I forget you guys are Chinese. | 有时候我会忘了你们是中国人 |
[04:46] | What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[04:49] | Oh, you know. | 你知道的 |
[04:50] | You guys are just like regular old Americans to us. | 对我们来说 你们就跟普通美国人一样 |
[04:55] | How are the crunch bites? | 咬咬脆怎么样 |
[04:57] | Neither crunchy or bite-sized. | 不脆也不好咬 |
[04:58] | The name is quite misleading. They’re wet and huge. | 那名字很容易让人误解 那玩意儿又湿又大 |
[05:07] | Mom! I requested a pop quiz, and I got an A-plus on it. | 妈 我今天突击测试 拿了A+ |
[05:11] | I made a drawing of our family riding a horse. | 我画了一幅画 是我们一家骑在马背上 |
[05:15] | Good job, boys. | 好样的 孩子们 |
[05:23] | Why won’t she put our stuff up on the fridge anymore? | 她为什么不把我们的东西贴在冰箱上了 |
[05:25] | “Good job, boys”? What does that even mean? | “好样的 孩子们” 那算什么 |
[05:28] | I remember when all it took to get up there | 我还记得当年哪怕画一幅手型火鸡图 |
[05:30] | was a drawing of a hand turkey. | 都能贴上冰箱了 |
[05:32] | You know what happened, right? | 你知道怎么回事 是吧 |
[05:34] | We’ve been too awesome for too long. | 我们一直太优秀了 |
[05:36] | She’s gotten used to greatness. | 她开始习惯这种优秀了 |
[05:39] | That just means I gotta step up my game. | 那就意味着我要加大马力了 |
[05:41] | You? I’m gonna get something on that fridge before you. | 你 我会比你先上冰箱 |
[05:45] | Hear that? Oh, it’s just me… coming for you. | 听到了吗 原来是我 来打垮你了 |
[05:53] | Uh, hey, Marvin’s taking me on a tour of the club tomorrow. | 马文明天要带我参观俱乐部 |
[05:56] | Have you seen my good tennis shorts? | 你有看见我那条好的网球短裤吗 |
[05:58] | The one with the turtle on it? | 就是上面有乌龟的 |
[05:59] | – Are we Chinese enough? – Yes… What? | -我们够不够有中国味 -够啊 什么 |
[06:02] | Marvin says sometimes he forgets we’re Chinese. | 马文说有时候他忘了我们是中国人 |
[06:05] | Maybe he’s forgetting because we’re forgetting. | 或许他忘了是因为我们也忘了 |
[06:08] | I mean, when did we start wearing shoes in the house? | 我们什么时候开始在家里穿鞋了 |
[06:14] | Shoes in the house from now on! | 从今以后在家穿鞋 |
[06:17] | My feet are crazy wide. They’re like suction cups in those boots. | 我的脚宽得要命 穿在靴子里就像吸盘一样拔不出 |
[06:20] | Wearing shoes in the house | 在家里穿鞋 |
[06:21] | isn’t the only thing that’s different about us. | 并不是我们唯一的不同之处 |
[06:24] | Look, all Marvin meant was he sees us as Americans first. | 马文的意思是他首先把我们当美国人看待 |
[06:27] | – Isn’t that what we want? – What I don’t want | -那难道不是我们想要的吗 -我不想 |
[06:29] | is for the boys to forget where they came from. | 让孩子们忘了他们的根 |
[06:32] | Look, Jessica, we’re doing fine. We’re so Chinese. | 杰西卡 我们好得很 十足中国人 |
[06:35] | – I guess I’m overthinking it. – Yes. Don’t worry. | -我想是我多虑了 -是的 别担心啦 |
[06:41] | Mom, I need help with my Mandarin. | 妈 快教我说中文 |
[06:43] | I’m trying to talk with Grandma. | 我要跟奶奶用中文交流 |
[06:45] | Oh. Oh, that’s very good. Oh, my sweet boy. | 非常好 我的乖儿子 |
[06:49] | How do you say, “Can you say that in English, Grandma?” | 怎么说”你能用英文说吗 奶奶” |
[06:53] | Big ups, y’all! | 嗨起来吧 大伙儿 |
[06:56] | Mom, I’m Jamaican. | 妈妈 我是牙买加人 |
[06:58] | Ja-makin’ me dinner, Mom? | 晚餐”牙”什么 妈 |
[07:01] | Mom, ja-making me dinner? | 妈妈 晚餐”牙”什么 |
[07:05] | – What? – What’s for dinner, Mom? | -什么 -晚饭吃什么 妈妈 |
[07:07] | Macaroni and… cheese. | 芝士通心粉 |
[07:12] | With bacon bits! | 和培根末 |
[07:23] | Boys! Breakfast! | 孩子们 吃早饭啦 |
[07:29] | Why are you dressed like Chun-Li from Street Fighter? | 你为什么穿得像街头霸王里的春丽 |
[07:32] | I’m making some changes around here. | 我要在家里做些改变 |
[07:34] | From now on, no more wearing shoes in the house. | 从今开始 不许在家里穿鞋子 |
[07:37] | But I need my arch supports. I got Dad’s wide-ass feet. | 可我的脚需要支撑 我遗传了爸爸的大宽脚 |
[07:40] | We are also going to start speaking more Mandarin at home. | 我们也要开始在家里多说中文 |
[07:43] | But I only know the bad words. | 可我只会说中文里的脏话 |
[07:44] | Which is why I’m enrolling you in Chinese school | 所以我帮你们报了中文班 |
[07:47] | after your regular school… in Tampa. | 放学后可以去学 在坦帕市 |
[07:53] | But Tampa’s, like, two hours away. | 可这里去坦帕要两个小时呢 |
[07:55] | It’s important we don’t forget our heritage. | 我们不能忘祖 这很重要 |
[07:58] | We all have to make sacrifices. | 我们都要有所牺牲 |
[08:01] | I’m even giving up Melrose Place. | 我甚至放弃看《飞越情海》了 |
[08:06] | Well, I wish I could do all this | 我希望我能做这些 |
[08:08] | but I got to go work on my Jamaica project. | 可是我得去忙我的牙买加项目了 |
[08:11] | And that’s another thing. | 那事也需要解决 |
[08:12] | I want Eddie to be assigned China for World Cultures Day. | 我希望世界文化日让埃迪做中国 |
[08:17] | Well, we purposely didn’t give China to Eddie | 我们特意不把中国给埃迪 |
[08:19] | because we thought it would be racist. | 因为我们觉得那是种族歧视 |
[08:21] | So you treated him differently because he’s Chinese? | 所以你们因为他是中国人而区别对待他 |
[08:27] | – Switch Eddie to China. – Absolutely. | -把中国换给埃迪 -没问题 |
[08:35] | – Thank you for the ride, sweetheart. – Of course, Daddy. | -谢谢你的顺风车 亲爱的 -不客气 爸爸 |
[08:37] | – I’ll be by the pool. – Okay. | -我去游泳池那边了 -好的 |
[08:39] | No bikinis. | 不许穿比基尼 |
[08:42] | No bikinis! | 不许穿比基尼 |
[08:45] | And this is our tennis court, Louis. | 这就是我们的网球场 路易斯 |
[08:49] | The net is always taut. | 球网总是很结实 |
[08:51] | We have an endless supply of tennis balls. | 我们有数不尽的网球 |
[08:58] | See? Who cares where that went? | 看见了吗 谁在乎球飞去哪儿了 |
[09:01] | Come on. Whack a few with me. | 来吧 跟我一起打几个 |
[09:02] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[09:03] | – Okay. – Give it a shot. | -好吧 -试试吧 |
[09:08] | This is so wasteful. | 真浪费 |
[09:14] | So, you ready to join? | 你准备好加入了吗 |
[09:16] | Uh, the amenities are great… | 设施是挺不错的 |
[09:18] | but it still feels like too much of a luxury right now. | 不过感觉还是太奢侈了 |
[09:21] | You recognize that fellow over there? | 你认识那边那个家伙吗 |
[09:26] | It’s the hoagie king! | 他是面包王 |
[09:27] | Yep, he’s a member. | 是的 他是会员 |
[09:28] | And that fella he’s talking to? He owns a Wholesale bakery. | 跟他聊天的那个人 是搞烘焙批发的 |
[09:33] | Man, if I had a connection like that | 老天 要是我有这样的人脉 |
[09:34] | I could get cheaper bread rolls. | 我就能拿到便宜的面包卷了 |
[09:36] | Well, think bigger, my friend. Think bigger. | 想大一点 朋友 梦想放大一点 |
[09:39] | Ted! | 泰德 |
[09:41] | This jerk here wants to expand his steakhouse. You interested? | 这混蛋想扩张他的牛排餐厅 你感兴趣吗 |
[09:45] | Let’s talk business in my cabana. | 到我海滨小屋里谈吧 |
[09:48] | A cabana? | 海滨小屋 |
[09:49] | I like a guy who likes to get out of the sun. | 我喜欢躲着太阳的家伙 |
[09:52] | Yeah, you know it. | 是啊 你懂的 |
[09:56] | I got a 150 out of 100 on my quiz. | 我100分的测试卷拿了150分 |
[09:59] | That’s never happened before. | 以前从未有过哦 |
[10:01] | I made a drawing of you in stipple. | 我用点点画了一幅你的画像 |
[10:13] | I don’t know what she said, but I know what she said. | 我不知道她说的是什么 但我明白她的意思 |
[10:16] | Mom, why did you get me reassigned? | 妈妈 你为什么让我被重新分配了国家 |
[10:18] | I had Jamaica. I was on easy street. | 我本来拿到的是牙买加 那个好搞啊 |
[10:21] | Every-ting gonna be irie. | 一切都妥妥的 |
[10:23] | Jamaica’s so much cooler than China. | 牙买加比中国酷多了 |
[10:25] | You know what’s cool? | 你知道什么才叫酷吗 |
[10:26] | A wall you can see from space… China. | 在太空中都能看到的长城 中国 |
[10:29] | Birthplace of kung fu… China. | 功夫的故乡 中国 |
[10:32] | Gunpowder, the compass, gambling. | 火药 指南针 赌博 |
[10:34] | China, China, China! | 中国 中国 中国 |
[10:40] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[10:41] | Chicken feet. It’s for good fidelity. | 鸡爪 那有利于保持对故国的忠心 |
[10:44] | I don’t want good fidelity. | 我不要对故国的忠心 |
[10:46] | You know what else is cool? | 你知道还有什么很酷吗 |
[10:51] | China. | 中国 |
[10:56] | – I can see its… toenail. – I don’t want to eat this. | -我能看到它的脚趾甲 -我不想吃 |
[11:00] | Eat your feet! | 吃你们的脚 |
[11:01] | – No! – Homework! | -不 -作业 |
[11:02] | No, no! I gotta do homework! Love you! | 不不 我要做作业 爱你 |
[11:07] | Great news! I joined the country club! We’re all members. | 好消息 我加入了乡村俱乐部 我们都是会员了 |
[11:11] | No, we’re not doing that anymore. Cancel the membership. | 不 我们不参加了 取消会员 |
[11:14] | – What? – We need to reconnect with our culture | -什么 -我们要重拾我们的文化 |
[11:17] | not surround ourselves with white people doing white things. | 而不是和白人混在一起做他们喜欢的事 |
[11:20] | You know what’s a white thing? Hanging up a Buddha picture. | 你知道白人会做什么吗 挂佛像 |
[11:24] | Jessica, you got me all excited about the country club… | 杰西卡 你让我对这乡村俱乐部产生兴趣 |
[11:26] | and now I wanna do it. | 现在我想加入了 |
[11:28] | Our parents made sure we knew where we came from. | 我们的父母让我们清楚自己的根 |
[11:31] | We need to do the same thing for the boys. | 我们需要同样教育孩子们 |
[11:35] | Where are the boys anyway? | 话说他们去哪儿了 |
[11:46] | Amazing. They found a way to make Tampa worse. | 真好啊 他们让坦帕变得更糟糕了 |
[11:49] | – What is the teacher saying? – I don’t know. | -老师在说什么 -我不知道 |
[11:55] | Oh. That sounded like the word for “The.” | 那个听上去像”The” |
[11:57] | This is madness. | 真是太疯狂了 |
[12:03] | You know what’ll impress Mom and get us up on the fridge? | 你知道什么能让妈妈刮目相看 贴在冰箱上吗 |
[12:06] | – No. Obviously I don’t. – Me neither. | -不 显然我不知道 -我也不知道 |
[12:08] | But whatever it is, it’s gonna happen here. | 可不管是什么 一定跟这有关 |
[12:24] | A-five, six, seven, eight. | 五 六 七 八 |
[12:26] | *Aruba, Jamaica* | *阿鲁巴 牙买加* |
[12:28] | *Ooh, I wanna take ya to Bermuda, Bahama* | *噢 我想带你去百慕大 巴哈马* |
[12:32] | *Come on, pretty…* | *来吧 美女* |
[12:35] | Eddie, looks like I got Jamaica and Topanga. | 埃迪 看来我牙买加和塔佩佳双丰收啊 |
[12:39] | You know I just gave you my home phone number, right? | 你知道我给你的是我家的电话吧 |
[12:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:47] | Shut up. I knew that. | 闭嘴 我早知道 |
[12:58] | Wonderful job on Russia, Brock. | 扮演俄罗斯好极了 布洛克 |
[13:00] | You haven’t seen anything… nyet. | 你见到的这些 都不算什么 |
[13:03] | Brock! Again, I urge you | 布洛克 我要再次恳请你 |
[13:06] | to consider being our Tony in West Side Story. | 考虑在我们的《西区故事》中饰演托尼 |
[13:08] | Okay. And now let’s traverse the Eurasian Steppe to China… | 好 让我们横跨欧亚大草原来到中国 |
[13:12] | where Eddie Huang has… What is this? | 埃迪·黄有… 这是什么 |
[13:15] | A bowl, soy sauce and a Xerox of Ling-Ling the panda. | 碗 酱油和熊猫玲玲的复印照 |
[13:19] | China. | 中国 |
[13:20] | Eddie, you’re lucky this is just a practice run. | 埃迪 你真幸运这只是彩排 |
[13:23] | I need to see some effort, | 我得看到你下功夫 |
[13:24] | or you’re going to get an “F” Tomorrow. | 否则你明天只能拿F了 |
[13:30] | I know you’re not actually reading. | 我知道你不是真的在看书 |
[13:32] | That’s just hurtful is what it is. | 你这样表现真让人伤心 |
[13:39] | This way. This way. | 这边 这边 |
[13:42] | What are we doing here? I need to go buy a thousand-year-old egg. | 我们来这干什么 我要去买皮蛋 |
[13:45] | Okay, see this empty space? | 好 看到那块空地了吗 |
[13:47] | The potato-bar craze is finally over. | 土豆吧风潮终于过去了 |
[13:50] | Did it ever begin? | 什么时候开始过啊 |
[13:52] | Now, imagine this as the future location of Cattleman’s Express. | 试想一下未来牧民快餐在这的样子 |
[13:57] | There’s low overhead, lots of foot traffic. | 租金便宜 客流量大 |
[14:00] | We’d have positive cash flow from day one. | 第一天营业就能净赚 |
[14:02] | Ted can get us a break on rent. | 泰德可以给我们租金缓一缓 |
[14:03] | – Ted who? – No idea. | -泰德姓什么 -不知道 |
[14:05] | I met him once at the club, and look where it led. | 我就在俱乐部见过他一次 就到了这一步 |
[14:07] | See? This is what the country club gets us | 瞧吧 乡村俱乐部能够给我们 |
[14:10] | opportunities like this. | 这样的机会 |
[14:11] | All I see is white people, hot dogs and a Wolfgang Chang’s. | 我看见的只是白人 热狗和沃尔夫冈·张的店 |
[14:16] | That catfish with the smile of an idiot is our boys. | 那只傻笑的鲶鱼就是我们孩子了 |
[14:19] | If we drop the ball, they’ll end up getting their culture | 要是我们不传承文化 他们最终就会从这样的 |
[14:22] | from fake Chinese restaurants like this one. | 中餐厅获取他们的文化 |
[14:26] | “Eddie, what’s Buddhism?” | “埃迪 什么是佛教” |
[14:28] | – “Orange chicken.” – That’s going overboard. | -“香橙鸡块” -太夸张了 |
[14:31] | No, that’s how we end up with grandkids named Bitsy | 没有 我们最终会有孙子叫小比西 |
[14:33] | by joining country clubs to make business deals. | 都是因为加入了乡村俱乐部做生意 |
[14:36] | But the country club has | 可是乡村俱乐部有 |
[14:37] | complimentary Ice Blue Aqua Velva aftershave. | 免费的冰蓝须后水 |
[14:39] | Louis, success is important… | 路易斯 成功很重要 |
[14:42] | but it is meaningless if we lose ourselves. | 可要是我们失去自我就毫无意义了 |
[14:47] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | If you feel that strongly, | 要是你感受这么强烈 |
[14:50] | I’ll put Cattleman’s Express on hold | 我就暂且把牧民快餐缓一缓吧 |
[14:52] | and cancel our club membership. | 取消我们的会员 |
[14:58] | It’s really a shame | 真是太遗憾了 |
[15:01] | that Jessica couldn’t make it! | 杰西卡不能来 |
[15:04] | Yeah, too bad. | 是啊 太糟了 |
[15:05] | Luckily, this jerk could sub in. | 幸运的是 这混蛋替补上来了 |
[15:10] | What a jerk! | 真是个混蛋 |
[15:15] | After this, let’s talk Cattleman’s Express. | 打完后我们谈谈牧民快餐吧 |
[15:18] | Sounds like a plan, ass-wipe. | 听上去不错 混账 |
[15:25] | Uh, sorry. Too far? I’m learning. | 抱歉 太过了吗 我在学呢 |
[15:37] | – Louis. – Judas Priest! | -路易斯 -天啊 |
[15:39] | Why are you home so early? | 你怎么这么早就回家了 |
[15:41] | Uh, nowhere. | 哪都没去 |
[15:42] | Um, I mean, to grout the tub? | 我是说要回来修补浴缸 |
[15:46] | I smell Ice Blue Aqua Velva aftershave. | 我闻到了冰蓝须后水的味道 |
[15:49] | Like the kind they have at the country club. | 跟乡村俱乐部的一样 |
[15:52] | That’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[15:53] | If I come over there and smell your face, will it smell ice blue? | 要是我凑过去闻你的脸 会有冰蓝味吗 |
[15:57] | No. | 不会 |
[16:02] | Fine! Yes! I was at the country club. God! | 好吧 会 我去乡村俱乐部了 老天 |
[16:05] | You said you were gonna cancel the membership! | 你说过你要取消会员的 |
[16:07] | I was, but… | 我是要 可是… |
[16:09] | Wait. Why are you home? | 慢着 你怎么在家 |
[16:12] | Thought you were going shopping for a thousand-year-old egg. | 我以为你去买皮蛋了 |
[16:15] | It… hatched. | 蛋孵出小鸡了 |
[16:18] | Oh, it hatched. | 孵出小鸡了 |
[16:20] | Isn’t Melrose Place on right now? | 现在不是《飞越情海》的播出时间吗 |
[16:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:24] | So if I go over there and put my hand on the TV, will it be warm? | 那要是我过去把手放在电视上 会是热的吗 |
[16:30] | No. | 不会 |
[16:36] | Okay, fine! I was watching Melrose Place. God! | 好吧 我刚才在看《飞越情海》 老天 |
[16:38] | I knew it! Melrose frickin’ Place! | 我就知道 飞越那个情海 |
[16:40] | I like it, okay? I like all of it. | 我喜欢看 好吗 我都喜欢 |
[16:43] | Melrose Place, rollerblading, mac and cheese. | 《飞越情海》 溜旱冰 芝士通心粉 |
[16:47] | It’s so easy to make. You just add water. | 真好做 只要加点水就行了 |
[16:50] | It’s cheese from water. | 水浴芝士 |
[16:52] | It’s okay for us to like this stuff. | 我们喜欢这些东西并没有错 |
[16:54] | But I hate that I like it, | 可我讨厌自己这么喜欢 |
[16:56] | and I hate that I am too weak to give it up. | 我也讨厌自己太弱 放弃不了 |
[16:59] | I keep telling the boys to hold on to their identity, | 我一直告诉孩子们不要忘本 |
[17:01] | but I can’t even do it myself. | 可我自己都做不到 |
[17:03] | They have me, Louis. | 他们吞噬了我 路易斯 |
[17:05] | I’m just a Chipwich-eating American couch lady. | 我只是个爱吃冰淇淋三明治的美国主妇 |
[17:08] | Jessica, we are not losing our identity. | 杰西卡 我们没有忘本 |
[17:11] | Mom, I don’t care if you get mad at me. | 妈 我不在乎你会不会生我的气 |
[17:14] | I don’t wanna be China. I wanna be Jamaica. | 我不想当中国 我要做牙买加 |
[17:17] | I see they have him too. | 我知道他们也吞噬了他 |
[17:19] | Okay, fine. Be Jamaica. What’s the point? | 好吧 做牙买加吧 有什么意义 |
[17:22] | Yes! Thank Jah. | 太好了 感谢上帝 |
[17:26] | Look at my painting of an ancient Chinese village. | 看看我画的中国古镇 |
[17:31] | I calligraphied the Chinese symbol for “Refrigerator.” | 我写的”冰箱”书法 |
[17:34] | It’s both art and a label. | 既是艺术又是标签 |
[17:38] | Yours is so clever. | 你的做法好聪明 |
[17:40] | Yours is so detailed. | 你的好细致 |
[17:41] | – It’s really taking me there. – Thanks. | -真的有种引人入胜的感觉 -谢谢 |
[17:44] | You know, if we partner up, we can both get on the fridge. | 要是我们合作 我们都可以上冰箱 |
[17:48] | That’s a great idea. Let’s Turner & Hooch this. | 真是个好主意 就组成”福星与福将”吧[电影] |
[17:51] | I call Hooch! | 我要当福将 |
[17:57] | Should we sing “Kokomo” again? | 我们要不要再唱一遍《科科莫》 |
[17:59] | It was fun once, Dave. | 唱多了就无聊了 达夫 |
[18:01] | Simmer down, Walter. We’re on island time. | 平静点 沃特 我们在岛上悠闲呢 |
[18:04] | I am so glad I switched back to Jamaica. | 真高兴我又换回牙买加了 |
[18:06] | It’s just so much cooler than China. | 比中国酷多了 |
[18:08] | I mean, even Greece would’ve been cooler. | 连希腊都比中国酷得多 |
[18:11] | Yeah, China just has, like, pandas. | 是啊 中国只有熊猫 |
[18:14] | And what’s cool about pandas? | 熊猫有什么好的 |
[18:16] | They’re all like hurgy-gurgy-gurgy-gurgy. | 它们只会晃来晃去 |
[18:22] | – What do you mean? – What? | -你什么意思 -什么 |
[18:24] | Does China amuse you? | 你觉得中国搞笑吗 |
[18:31] | I was just joking around. | 我只是开开玩笑 |
[18:33] | Oh, well, I like jokes. | 我喜欢玩笑 |
[18:35] | Explain to me what’s so funny so I can laugh too. | 给我解释下有什么好笑的 我也好笑笑 |
[18:39] | I think Trent just meant… | 我觉得特伦特的意思是… |
[18:40] | I think Trent can talk for himself. | 我觉得特伦特自己会说话 |
[18:42] | He said a joke about China, | 他说了个有关中国的笑话 |
[18:44] | and I wanna know what he meant by it. | 我想知道他什么意思 |
[18:45] | Well, I, um… | 我… |
[18:49] | Should we get involved? | 我们该去劝一下吗 |
[18:50] | Stay out of it. Just stay out of it. | 别插手 别插手 |
[18:54] | White African. | 白种非洲人 |
[18:56] | Where is our Chinese Jamaican? | 我们的中国牙买加人在哪 |
[18:59] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[19:00] | Don’t be making fun of China! | 别取笑中国 |
[19:02] | I’m Chinese, Trent. | 我是中国人 特伦特 |
[19:04] | You know what’s cool? | 你知道什么叫酷吗 |
[19:05] | A wall you can see from space… China. | 从太空中能看见长城 中国 |
[19:07] | We got 5,000 years of history, dog. | 我们有五千年的历史 老兄 |
[19:09] | What’s your chief export, Barbados? The chronic? | 你们的主要出口是什么 巴巴多斯岛 慢性病吗 |
[19:12] | Actually, it’s electrical components. | 事实上 是电器元件 |
[19:15] | Oh, word. | 说得好 |
[19:16] | You know who makes them into stereos? China! | 你知道是谁把它们组合成音响的吗 中国 |
[19:19] | Same with those Air Jordans you love so much. | 你最爱的乔丹球鞋也是这样 |
[19:22] | “Just do it”? Just made it. In China. | “想做就做” 想生产就生产 在中国 |
[19:26] | I didn’t think he was listening. | 我以为他没有听进去 |
[19:28] | See? I told you. Our boys are going to be okay. | 瞧吧 我说过吧 我们的孩子会没事的 |
[19:32] | This wouldn’t be happening if I still had Jamaica. | 要是我还是牙买加 就不会发生这些了 |
[19:35] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[19:38] | Topanga? | 塔佩佳 |
[19:51] | Mom. I got my World Cultures Day report back. | 妈妈 我拿到世界文化日成绩单了 |
[19:54] | You need to sign it. | 你得签个字 |
[19:59] | You got an “F”? | 你得了个F |
[20:01] | I spent so much time schooling Trent on China | 我花太多时间教育特伦特有关中国的事 |
[20:03] | that I never did my Jamaica presentation. | 我都没有做有关牙买加的展示 |
[20:06] | The timing couldn’t be better to show her this. | 这是给她看的好时机 |
[20:08] | – I almost feel bad. – I don’t. Let’s move. | -我都觉得过意不去了 -我没有 行动 |
[20:16] | This belongs up here. | 这个得挂在这里 |
[20:19] | I’m proud of you, Eddie. | 我为你骄傲 埃迪 |
[20:22] | Cool. Thanks, Mom. | 太好了 谢谢 妈妈 |
[20:26] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[20:33] | Florida plates. It’s official. | 佛罗里达州车牌 正式的哟 |
[20:35] | Hey, when did that get on there? | 那个是什么时候贴上去的 |
[20:38] | I got it from your school. | 我从你学校拿来的 |
[20:40] | She’s proud of me! You? | 她为我感到骄傲 你吗 |
[20:46] | Hey, girl. We going to the country club. | 嘿 靓妹 我们要去乡村俱乐部了 |
[20:49] | Maybe I’ll invite you next time. | 或许下次我会邀请你 |
[20:51] | My dad’s on the board. | 我爸爸在董事会 |
[20:52] | There’s a picture of me in the entranceway. | 大门口有我的照片 |
[20:54] | They named a side dish after me… the Ni-coleslaw. | 他们用我的名字命名了一道配菜 妮可斯洛 |
[20:59] | Next time then. | 那就下次吧 |
[21:03] | I bet they have white valets. | 我打赌他们有白人泊车员 |
[21:05] | I hope we get our car parked by a blond one. | 我希望是金发泊车员帮我们停车 |
[21:07] | Don’t sleep on the redheads. | 别忘了还有红头发的 |
[21:09] | One of those would be good too. | 有红发的也挺好的 |
[21:14] | And that’s how my family started reppin’ Orlando. | 我们家就是这样在奥兰多过上多姿多彩的生活的 |
[21:16] | My mom had nothing to worry about | 我妈妈没有什么好担心的 |
[21:18] | because no matter what, | 因为无论如何 |
[21:19] | we were never gonna leave our heritage behind. | 我们都不会忘本 |
[21:22] | I think we forgot Grandma. | 我们好像忘了奶奶 |