时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Wake up! | 快起床了! |
[00:07] | Why can’t I have a normal alarm clock? | 我就不能有个正常点的闹钟吗? |
[00:09] | You have one. And these batteries never die. | 你有呀 而且还是款永不断电的哦 |
[00:16] | Mm! | 嗯 |
[00:17] | You should probably get ready, | 快去收拾收拾做好准备 |
[00:18] | or you’re gonna be late for school. | 不然你一会上学该迟到了 |
[00:19] | But I want to finish watching the Boyz II Men video. | 但是我想先看完这个Boyz II Men的视频耶(Boyz II Men大人小孩双拍档组合) |
[00:24] | You know, your dad’s the first white guy I ever dated. | 你造吗 你爹是我约过的第一个白人仔 |
[00:28] | School’s giving you a choice of activities | 这是学校给的活动选择名单 |
[00:29] | for your fifth-period elective. | 选完了去上第五期选修课 |
[00:32] | I chose piccolo. | 我帮你选了短笛课 |
[00:33] | Piccolo?! But I wanted leatherwork! | 短笛课? 可我想去上皮革制作课! |
[00:35] | I was gonna craft myself | 我想给自己做 |
[00:36] | a pair of timbos or maybe a saddle. | 一对藤制家具 或者做个马鞍 |
[00:39] | No, you’re learning piccolo. | 不不不 你要去学短笛了 |
[00:40] | – Why?! – Because I said so! | – 为什么? – 因为这是我说的 |
[00:44] | Can I borrow some money? | 我能跟你借点钱吗? |
[00:45] | There’s a cd sale at sam goody’s. | 山姆 古迪店里在CD大甩卖 |
[00:47] | Oh… | 噢… |
[00:48] | Don’t you get your allowance on friday? | 你不是周五才拿的零花钱吗? |
[00:51] | Please, daddy? | 求你了嘛 爹地 |
[00:53] | 奥兰多论坛报 州政府提高学校财政支持 | |
[00:54] | Anything for my little princess. | 为了我家小公举 什么事都没问题 |
[00:56] | Okay. | 好的吧 |
[00:57] | Well, I at least need you to take out the garbage. | 不过 你至少要把垃圾拿到外面去 |
[01:05] | Have a good day, boys. | 希望你们能度过愉快的一天 孩子们 |
[01:07] | You’re going to work, dad, not jail. | 你是要去上班 老爹 又不是要进监狱 |
[01:10] | I agree with eddie. It’s a little much. | 埃迪说得对 你这热情有点过了喔 |
[01:13] | Uh, evan? Where’s evan? | 呃 埃文呢? 埃文去哪儿了? |
[01:15] | He started power-walking to school | 他从今天开始要和小区里的阿姨们一起 |
[01:16] | with the neighborhood ladies. | 快走锻炼到学校 |
[01:19] | I’m thinking we go up high street this morning. | 我在想呀 我们今天早上应该走到大街上去 |
[01:23] | pain is weakness leaving the body, girls! | 痛苦就是懦弱正在离开你的身体 妹子们! |
[01:41] | 亚伯拉罕林肯 初级中学 | |
[01:43] | “They’re just like | “它们看上去就像是 |
[01:44] | little purple tennis balls.” | 小小的紫色网球” |
[01:46] | Anyway, that’s how my mom tried to sell me on plums. | 好了 这就是我妈试图引诱我吃李子的方法 |
[01:48] | Man, you had a weekend! | 兄弟 你这个周末过得可真棒! |
[01:50] | Oh, no. Here come the 8TH graders. | 哦漏 八年级的学生朝着这里过来了 |
[01:56] | Man! | 喂! |
[01:56] | Ugh! | 呃啊! |
[02:00] | My cheese tool! | 那只是我用来挖芝士的耶! 这也拿! |
[02:06] | Hey, is it cool if I sit with you guys? | 嘿 可以跟你们坐在一起吗? |
[02:09] | Yeah, sure! We got plenty of room. | 当然没问题! 我们这还有好多位置呢 |
[02:15] | Repeating 8TH grade sucks. | 复读八年级真是衰爆了 |
[02:17] | All my friends are in high school, | 我所有的朋友都去上高中了 |
[02:19] | and the new 8TH graders hate me | 新升上来的这届学生又很讨厌我 |
[02:21] | because I picked on them last year | 因为去年那群蠢材还在读七年级的时候 |
[02:22] | when they were all dumb 7TH graders. | 我老是找他们的茬 |
[02:24] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[02:25] | None taken. | 没关系 不介意 |
[02:26] | I’m sitting on the floor. | 喂 我还坐在地板上呢 |
[02:27] | And now I have to get tutored | 现在上第五期选修课的时候 |
[02:29] | during my 5TH-period elective. | 我还要上家教 |
[02:31] | I feel you, girl. | 我很能理解你 少女 |
[02:32] | for my elective, I have to take piccolo. | 我的选修课必须是短笛 |
[02:35] | Oh, like that puppet that becomes a real boy. | 噢 像是木偶变成了活的小男孩 |
[02:39] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[02:41] | Sorry, Nicole. Won’t happen again. | 对不起 尼科尔 这事儿不会有第二次了 |
[02:46] | Are they… afraid of you? | 他们…是在怕你吗? |
[02:48] | Those ding-wads? | 那些低能儿? |
[02:50] | They better be. | 他们最好怕着点 |
[02:53] | You clown jockeys looking at something?! | 你们这些小鬼瞅啥?! |
[03:01] | Hey, Jessica! What’s going on? | 嘿 杰西卡! 有什么事吗? |
[03:04] | Stephen king book club, remember? | 史蒂文 金读书俱乐部 还记得吗? |
[03:06] | 史蒂文 金 宠物坟场 | |
[03:06] | “Pet sematary”? | “宠物坟场”? |
[03:07] | I brought hush puppies we can bury in our mouths. | 我带了点油炸玉米饼来饱肚子 |
[03:12] | I haven’t even started it. | 我都还没开始读呢 |
[03:14] | I’ve been going through these parenting guides, | 我一直在看这些父母指南 |
[03:16] | looking for some help with nicole. | 希望能帮到尼科尔 |
[03:19] | 女儿 我们一直 在一起 | |
[03:19] | “Daughter, we’re in this together.” | 女儿 我们一直在一起 |
[03:21] | But you’re not even her real mother. | 但是你都不是她的亲生母亲 |
[03:23] | You’re her stepmother. | 你是她的继母 |
[03:23] | All you have to do is day-drink and criticize her weight. | 你只要每天喝喝小酒然后批判她的体重就好了 |
[03:26] | Marvin only sees her as daddy’s little girl, | 马文把她看做掌上明珠 |
[03:29] | so I have to be the strict parent… mm. | 所以我就得唱白脸 |
[03:32] | …which I hate. | 嗯… 我讨厌这样 |
[03:33] | because we have made so much progress as friends. | 因为我们本来已经在成为朋友方面有了很大进步 |
[03:36] | Why are americans so obsessed | 为什么美国人如此沉迷于 |
[03:37] | with being friends with their children? | 跟自己的孩子做朋友呢? |
[03:39] | I have no children friends. | 我就没有小孩朋友 |
[03:41] | Okay, sure, but don’t — Look, your job isn’t to be buddy-buddy. | 好了 当然 但是不要…听着你的职责不是成为好闺 |
[03:44] | It’s to do what’s best for nicole, | 而是给尼科尔最好的 |
[03:46] | even if she doesn’t like it. | 即使她不喜欢 |
[03:49] | Do you play chess? | 你下棋吗? |
[03:50] | No. | 不 |
[03:51] | Oh, but Marvin and I did meet playing twister. | 哦 但是我跟马文就是在玩旋转球的时候遇见的 |
[03:56] | Okay, so, in chess, | 好的 这么说 在象棋里 |
[03:57] | you have to think several moves ahead. | 你必须有先见之明 |
[04:00] | like how eddie doesn’t want to learn piccolo | 就像埃迪一点也不想学短笛 |
[04:02] | but I’m making him because 2,000 marching-band scholarships | 但是我强迫他学 因为每年大学里 |
[04:05] | go unclaimed every year at colleges! | 有两千美金军乐队的奖学金无人领取! |
[04:09] | That may work with eddie, but nicole’s a teenager now, | 这可能对埃迪有用 但尼科尔现在已经是个青少年 |
[04:12] | so I can’t just force her to do what I want. | 所以我不能强迫她做我想她做的事情 |
[04:15] | Horse dumplings! Of course you can! | 跟赛马一样! 你当然可以! |
[04:17] | children are never too old to be controlled! | 孩子不管多大都可以被掌控! |
[04:19] | It’s just like chess. | 就像下棋一样 |
[04:21] | Children are the pawns, and you are the queen. | 孩子们是小兵 而你才是女王 |
[04:23] | and as the queen, | 作为女王 |
[04:24] | you control all the other pieces on the board. | 你掌控场上的一切 |
[04:28] | then the king just stands around | 然后国王只是站在那儿 |
[04:29] | And takes credit for your work. | 抢你的功劳 |
[04:33] | Standing, shorts. | 穿着运动短裤 站在这儿 |
[04:35] | I could do this all day. | 我能就这样一整天不干别的 |
[04:37] | Ah, would you look at that, huh? | 啊 你看看那儿啊 |
[04:41] | That’s what I see every time I look at Nicole. | 我每次看尼科尔都是这种感觉 |
[04:43] | No matter how old she gets, | 不论她长到多大 |
[04:45] | She’ll always be daddy’s little girl. | 她永远都是爸爸眼中的小姑娘 |
[04:47] | Must be nice. | 这感觉一定很好 |
[04:48] | She probably still hugs you. | 她应该还会拥抱你吧 |
[04:50] | Every day. | 每天都会 |
[04:51] | I’ll tell you, | 我告诉你 |
[04:53] | there’s something magical about having a girl. | 养个女儿真的很奇妙 |
[04:55] | I have always wondered what it would be like. | 我一直都很想知道那是一种什么感觉 |
[05:25] | Just because she’s married | 结了婚也不代表 |
[05:26] | doesn’t mean she can get fat. | 她就能随便长胖了 |
[05:31] | So magical. | 那么神奇 |
[05:34] | 亚伯拉罕 林肯 请选择 第五期选修课! | |
[05:35] | I can’t believe I’ve got to go to tutoring. | 我简直不能相信我需要别人辅导了 |
[05:37] | At least you don’t have to go to piccolo. | 至少你不用去吹短笛 |
[05:40] | Why do I have to learn instruments? | 为什么我要学乐器? |
[05:41] | I am an instrument. | 我自己就是个乐器 |
[05:44] | That’s all I have so far. | 目前就能吹这么多 |
[05:46] | Afternoon, Nicole. | 下午好 尼科尔 |
[05:47] | Ooh, this must be your tutor. | 哇哦 这一定是你的辅导老师 |
[05:49] | Normally, the older students tutor the younger ones, | 通常 都是年纪长的辅导年纪小的 |
[05:51] | But you’re obviously the exception. | 不过你们显然是个例外 |
[05:53] | My wife’s asian, so I get it. | 我妻子是亚洲人 所以我理解 |
[05:56] | – Tutor?! No, I – Yes! | – 辅导老师? 不 我 – 是的! |
[05:58] | Uh, Eddie’s my tutor. Just one second. | 呃 埃迪是我的辅导老师 请稍等 |
[06:02] | Tutor?! I can’t teach! | 辅导老师? 我可不会教别人! |
[06:04] | I can educate sucka mcS, but that’s not the same! | 我能教一些垃圾魔法 但是这可不一样! |
[06:08] | No, listen, i-it’ll be awesome. | 不 听我说 这是一件很好的事情 |
[06:10] | This way, you and me can just hang out all period | 这样 你和我就可以经常在一起了 |
[06:12] | And, like, listen to music and stuff. | 比如 可以 一起听音乐什么的 |
[06:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:16] | That could be dope. | 确实很棒 |
[06:17] | And this way, I can get out of piccolo! | 而且这样的话 我就可以不用理短笛的事儿了 |
[06:19] | My mom will love that I’m tutoring. | 我做辅导老师我妈妈会很喜欢的 |
[06:21] | How can you not love tutoring?! | 你怎么会不喜欢我去辅导别人? |
[06:24] | Because it’s one step away from teacher, | 因为那样你以后就可能变老师啦 |
[06:26] | which is one missed paycheck away | 也就是你以后可能因为少发你一份工资 |
[06:28] | from homeless man with dirty dog and socks for gloves. | 而导致你变乞丐 身边只有一只肮脏的狗 还用袜子当手套 |
[06:31] | That doesn’t even make any sense. | 这简直是无稽之谈嘛 |
[06:33] | It doesn’t have to make sense. You know why? | 这个不用解释 你知道为什么吗? |
[06:35] | Because you said so! | 因为这是你说的! |
[06:39] | You better not be going into the kitchen to eat ravioli! | 你最好不要想着要去厨房吃云吞! |
[06:48] | – Hey, sweetie! – No! | – 嗨 亲爱的! – 别! |
[06:50] | But you don’t even know what I’m asking. | 可是你还不知道我要和你商量的是什么事呢 |
[06:52] | You called me “sweetie,” | 你叫我”亲爱的” |
[06:53] | So you probably want something extravagant | 所以你多半是有过分的要求 |
[06:54] | Like a boat or a new party shirt. | 比如要买条船或者新的派对用衣服 |
[06:57] | Let’s have another baby — a girl one! | 我们再要个孩子吧 — 一个女孩儿! |
[06:59] | Are you crazy?! Shop is closed! | 你疯了吗?! 婴儿店已经关门了! |
[07:05] | A daughter? | 要个女儿? |
[07:08] | I have horrible news. | 我有个可怕的消息 |
[07:09] | Grandma finally caught that bird? | 奶奶最终还是抓住了那只鸟吗? |
[07:11] | Worse. Dad wants a daughter. | 比那更恐怖 老爸想要生个女儿 |
[07:14] | That is worse. | 确实更恐怖 |
[07:15] | If we get a sister, she’ll take over our room. | 如果我们有了小妹妹 她就会抢走我们的房间 |
[07:19] | We’d have to move in with Eddie. | 我们就得和埃迪住一个房间 |
[07:21] | But only until he goes to college. | 直到他上大学 |
[07:29] | Eddie in college?! It just came out! | 埃迪上大学?! 我说话没用大脑! |
[07:31] | It just came out! | 刚出生! |
[07:35] | Jessica, I did it! | 杰西卡 我成功了! |
[07:36] | Aah! Whoo! You did what? | 啊! 哇哦! 你什么成功了? |
[07:39] | Oh, Nicole asked me for money. | 哦 尼科尔问我要钱 |
[07:41] | And I didn’t give her any! | 我一分都没给她! |
[07:43] | Good, because you are the queen. | 好的 因为你是女王 |
[07:45] | You tell her “No.” | 你要告诉她 不行 |
[07:47] | Uh, well… | 额 其实吧… |
[07:49] | Honey! Where’s your purse?! | 蜜儿! 你的钱包呢?! |
[07:51] | Can’t hear you! I’m in the shower! | 听不见你说话! 我在洗澡! |
[07:53] | I’m working up to “No.” | 我在学习说”不” |
[07:55] | But I didn’t give her any money. | 但是我没有给她钱 |
[07:56] | Okay, well, it’s a start. | 好吧 这是个开始 |
[07:57] | I give you a c-minus. | 我会给你打C- |
[07:59] | Learning to be a good parent takes time. | 学着做一个好的母亲需要时间 |
[08:02] | Speaking of learning, | 说到学习 |
[08:03] | Nicole says Eddie is a fantastic tutor. | 尼科尔说埃迪是一个超好的指导 |
[08:06] | Eddie who? | 哪个埃迪? |
[08:09] | Jessica! You joke machine! | 杰西卡!你好幽默! |
[08:12] | Your son has been tutoring her every day this week. | 你儿子这周的每一天都在辅导她 |
[08:15] | Another master chess move by you. | 你走了一步好棋 |
[08:17] | Getting Eddie to study more… | 让埃迪学习更多… |
[08:20] | You really are the queen. | 你才真的是女王 |
[08:24] | You’re still tutoring?! I told you to stop! | 你还在做辅导?! 我都说了别去! |
[08:27] | Wait, how did you know?! | 等等 你怎么知道的? |
[08:28] | I know everything! | 我什么都知道! |
[08:30] | You’re taking piccolo! | 你给我去学习短笛去! |
[08:32] | You’re going to ride that metal mouth tube | 你要一直含着那个金属嘴管 |
[08:33] | all the way to money town! | 直到你赚到票子厚! |
[08:35] | No! | 不! |
[08:41] | What did you just say? | 你再说一遍? |
[08:44] | I said “No.” | 我说了”不” |
[08:45] | Tutoring is the one chance I get | 辅导是让我和nicole单独出去 |
[08:46] | to hang out with Nicole alone. | 的唯一机会 |
[08:48] | I’m not switching. | 我不会改的 |
[08:49] | Yes, you are. | 不 你要改的 |
[08:50] | I will call the school and have them switch you. | 我会打给学校然后让他们逼你改 |
[08:53] | Even if you switch me, | 就算你改变了我 |
[08:54] | you can’t physically force me to play it. | 你也不可能逼着我去吹 |
[08:56] | I will tape it to your mouth. | 我会把笛子和你的嘴用胶带贴在一起 |
[08:58] | I will breathe through my nose. | 那我就用我的鼻子呼吸 |
[09:01] | Your move, mom. | 你走哪步棋啊 老妈 |
[09:05] | I can’t believe Eddie defied me like that! | 我不敢相信埃迪像那样反抗我 |
[09:07] | You know who wouldn’t have disrespected you like that? | 你知道谁不会像那样不尊重你吗? |
[09:10] | A girl. | 一个女孩 |
[09:10] | The closest I ever came to defying my mother | 唯一一次我这样反抗我娘 |
[09:13] | was when I wanted to pick out my own shoes! | 是当时我想要挑选自己的鞋子 |
[09:22] | You know whose shoes you could pick out? | 你猜你可以为谁挑选鞋子吗? |
[09:24] | A baby girl’s. | 一个小女孩的鞋子 |
[09:25] | – Cowboy boots or… – Maybe I was too aggressive | – 牛仔靴或者… – 也许我在开场的时候 |
[09:27] | -..one with a buckle and a strap. – in my opening gambit. | – 有搭扣和条纹的鞋子 – 太咄咄逼人了 |
[09:29] | – Oh, uh, Mary Janes. – Going at him made him | – 噢 玛丽 简 – 逼他会让他变得 |
[09:31] | – That’s what they’re called. -defensive. | – 他们会这样叫她的 – 防备心理很强 |
[09:32] | – so cute. – I need to fall back. | – 穿在女孩身上 – 我需要后退 |
[09:33] | – on a girl… – I need to outmaneuver him. | – 很可爱… – 我需要以谋略取胜 |
[09:34] | – which we could create… -make eddie think he | – 所以我们花… -让埃迪认为他自己 |
[09:36] | – in under one minute. -chose the piccolo. | – 一分钟来造人 – 选择的短笛 |
[09:38] | Huh? | 啥玩意儿? |
[09:38] | What? | 什么? |
[09:40] | Your father does not want another baby, evan. | 你爸爸不想再要一个小孩 埃文 |
[09:43] | He seems pretty serious about it. | 他看起来对此很严肃 |
[09:45] | Trust me, he just thinks he does. | 相信我 他只是感觉自己想要 |
[09:47] | Mm. I’m sure it’s hormones. | 恩 我觉得这只是荷尔蒙在搞鬼 |
[09:49] | it’s probably just his time of the month… mm. | 也许每个月的这几天他都会这样…恩 |
[09:51] | – …you know, when the mortgage is due. – Mm-hmm. | – …就是 每次要交房贷的时候 – 是啊 |
[09:53] | just get him a puppy — | 给他一条小狗 |
[09:54] | something small and cute he can take care of. | 小小的可爱的 他可以照顾的东西 |
[09:56] | – that’s all he really wants. – Mm-hmm. | – 那就是他所有想要的 – 是啊 |
[09:57] | Yeah, Richard brought up the baby talk last spring. | 是啊 理查德去年春天提起要个小孩 |
[09:59] | I just bought him a drill. | 我给他带了个钻头就摆平了 |
[10:03] | So, you must be Eddie’s mother, or “Mu-chin,” Yes? | 所以 你肯定就是埃迪的妈妈 “Mu-chin”对吗? |
[10:08] | My wife’s from Asia, so, I, uh… | 我的妻子来自于亚洲 所以 我… |
[10:10] | I would like you to give Eddie more tutoring students, please. | 我希望你能够给埃迪更多的辅导学生 |
[10:14] | ah, you see, one-on-one instruction | 啊 你看 一对一指导 |
[10:17] | is, uh, very much at the core of the tutoring process, | 基本是辅导过程的核心 |
[10:20] | so while I’m sure Eddie excels in all subjects | 所以即使我很确认埃迪在所有的功课都很好 |
[10:24] | a-a-and likely a stringed instrument — | 很有可能弦乐就玩得很溜 |
[10:26] | my wife plays viola — | 我妻子拉中提琴 |
[10:28] | uh, I just can’t assign him more than one student. | 额 但是我还是不能给他安排超过一个学生 |
[10:33] | Oh, of course. I understand your rule… | 哦 当然 我理解你们的规定 |
[10:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:37] | …for white students. | …对于白人学生的规定 |
[10:40] | I’m listening. | 请说 |
[10:41] | As the husband of an Asian wife, | 作为一个亚洲妻子的丈夫 |
[10:43] | I’m sure you’re familiar with the tale of zong dingbo. | 你肯定对宋定伯捉鬼的故事很熟悉吧 |
[10:48] | Oh, yeah. Zong din– yes. | 哦 是的 宋定..是的 |
[10:51] | asking Eddie to tutor only one student | 叫埃迪只辅导一个同学 |
[10:53] | is wasting his potential. | 是在浪费他的潜能 |
[10:55] | It would be like asking zong dingbo | 就像让宋定伯 |
[10:57] | to carry the ghost only halfway into the town. | 只把鬼送到半路 |
[11:01] | Oh, yeah, yeah. No, I see what you mean. Yeah, yeah. | 哦 是的是的 不 我知道你什么意思 |
[11:03] | Yeah. You’ll fix it! | 是 所以 你会搞定的 |
[11:05] | I will. Yes. | 我会的 |
[11:06] | – You know, you and my wife should grab lunch. – No | – 你知道吗 你和你妻子应该去吃午饭 – 不去 |
[11:08] | No. | 不去啊 |
[11:11] | When did you start wearing glasses? | 你什么时候开始戴眼镜的? |
[11:13] | 3rd grade, but I never felt safe enough | 三年级 但是在此之前我从来不觉得 |
[11:15] | to wear them at school until now. | 戴眼镜会很安全不被人打 |
[11:17] | When the details come into focus, | 当你关注到细节 |
[11:19] | some of us are less attractive than I thought. | 我们之中的一些人就变得没我想象中那么美艳帅气了 |
[11:24] | His name is captain fuzz. | 他的名字是毛绒绒先生 |
[11:27] | He’s a pilot for continental airlines. | 他是大陆航空的飞行员 |
[11:30] | Eddie, check it out. I got the new Boyz II Men cd. | 埃迪 听听看 我拿到了Boyz II Men的最新专辑 |
[11:32] | we can play it during tutoring | 我们可以在辅导的时候播放 |
[11:33] | while I finish drawing on your hand. | 同时我可以完成在你手上的画画 |
[11:37] | Word. | 一言为定 |
[11:39] | Pizza today, lads. | 今天吃披萨 兄弟们 |
[11:41] | Are you wearing a skirt? | 你穿的是短裙吗? |
[11:43] | No. It’s a kilt, like in “Braveheart.” | 不是 这是苏格兰短裙 “勇敢的心”同款 |
[11:46] | Dude, that’s too far. You’re gonna get us all killed. | 老兄 这也太离谱了 你会害死我们的 |
[11:54] | Hey, Nicole. | 嘿 尼科尔 |
[11:56] | I know you didn’t just say hi to me and not my friends. | 我知道你不是只跟我打招呼而忽略我的朋友们 |
[11:59] | uh, uh, uh, uh — | 呃呃呃呃 |
[12:01] | “Uh, uh, uh.” | “呃呃呃” |
[12:02] | bye! | 拜! |
[12:08] | We’re invincible. | 我们无敌了 |
[12:09] | My boy’s in a history dress! | 我兄弟穿了一条有故事的裙子! |
[12:20] | You would look good in one of those. | 你穿这些衣服应该很好看 |
[12:22] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[12:24] | yo, wrong classroom! I’m tutoring up in here! | 呦 走错教室了 我在这里辅导功课 |
[12:27] | Oh, these are your new students. | 噢 这是你的新学生 |
[12:29] | But tutoring’s supposed to be one-on-one. | 可是辅导应该是一对一的 |
[12:31] | Yes, but we both know | 是的 不过我们都知道 |
[12:33] | You can handle more than one student. | 你能搞定不止一个学生 |
[12:36] | Zong dingbo. Yeah? | 宋定伯 对吧? |
[12:40] | Did he just have a stroke? | 他是不是中风了? |
[12:42] | Hey, I don’t know you. You’re new. | 嘿 我不认识你 你是新来的 |
[12:45] | My dad’s in the military. | 我爸在军队服役 |
[12:46] | We just got transferred here, but don’t worry. | 我们刚搬来这里 不过不用担心 |
[12:48] | I’m a lover, not a fighter. | 我是一个有爱的人 不是好斗的人 |
[12:50] | That’s so funny. | 太有趣了 |
[12:52] | That wasn’t funny. | 一点都没意思 |
[12:54] | “It’s not a tumor!” | “那不是肿瘤” |
[12:56] | That’s — you’re — you’re killing me. | 那真是--真是--笑死我了 |
[13:02] | Oh, how was school today? | 喔 今天在学校过的如何 |
[13:04] | Terrible. | 糟透了 |
[13:06] | Tutoring sucks. | 课外辅导逊爆了 |
[13:07] | I’m never doing it again. | 我再也不干了 |
[13:11] | Checkmate. | 将军 |
[13:19] | I called you for dinner five times. | 我喊你吃晚饭五遍了 |
[13:22] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[13:33] | Here you go dad. | 爸爸给你 |
[13:36] | Why are handing me my own drill with the bow on it? | 为什么你们把我的钻头绑了一朵花送给我? |
[13:39] | For your hormones | 为了你的荷尔蒙啊 |
[13:40] | Feel your feelings away Oh this bow looks so cute on a baby girl | 让你把烦心事忘光光哦 哦 这个花看起来和小女孩儿更配哦 |
[13:44] | I found this… and think this in the pantry | 我在储藏室里找到了这个…还有这个 |
[13:56] | and these… | 还有这些… |
[13:57] | in between the magazines in the bathroom! | 夹在卫生间的杂志里 |
[13:59] | Oh, calendars with cute baby girls dressed as vegetables. | 哦 有穿成蔬菜的小女孩儿的日历 |
[14:03] | how did these get everywhere? | 这些怎么会到处都是呢? |
[14:04] | Do you know what baby girls turn into? | 你知道小女孩会变成什么吗? |
[14:06] | teenage girls, and, louis, trust me, | 青少女孩 路易斯 相信我 |
[14:08] | neither of us want that. | 我们都不希望那样 |
[14:10] | Are you sure? I mean, come on. | 你确定? 我是说 看看这个 |
[14:12] | I don’t think that’s cute! | 我不觉得那个很可爱 |
[14:14] | I think it’s freaky! It’s like a curse! | 我觉得那个很变态! 就像一个诅咒! |
[14:17] | It’s like this poor baby angered some witch | 就好像一个可怜的宝宝惹怒了一个女巫 |
[14:20] | who cursed her to be trapped in a cabbage body! | 诅咒她被困在了一个卷心菜里 |
[14:23] | And now she needs an emperor’s kiss | 然后她需要一个国王之吻 |
[14:25] | to release her from the curse, | 把她从这个诅咒里解救出来 |
[14:27] | but the emperors are gone — replaced by democracy. | 可是现在没有国王了 现在是民主社会 |
[14:30] | So this poor cabbage baby is left alone in the fields | 所以这个可怜的卷心菜宝宝只能孤单的留在菜地里 |
[14:35] | to be pecked at by crows. | 被乌鸦啄食 |
[14:37] | And then a photographer comes along, | 然后摄影师也来了 |
[14:38] | and he takes a photograph of her, | 拍了一张照片 |
[14:40] | and he sells it for lots of money, | 他把照片卖了赚了很多钱 |
[14:42] | but he leaves her alone to a life of misery! | 然而却把她留在了无尽苦海之中 |
[14:46] | For who could ever love a cabbage-faced baby? | 谁会来爱一个卷心菜身人脸的宝宝呢 |
[14:53] | February’s a carrot. | 二月是胡萝卜 |
[14:54] | Shop is closed! | 商店关门了 |
[15:54] | Enough little man boys you’ve been here for days. | 够了小伙子 你在这呆了好多天了 |
[15:57] | Come to dinner now! | 快来吃晚饭! |
[16:16] | It’s unnatural | 这太神奇 |
[16:18] | You belong to me | 你是我的 |
[16:20] | I belong to you | 我是你的 |
[16:24] | Although we’ve come | 尽管我们 |
[16:27] | To the end of the road | 已经走到路的尽头 |
[16:31] | till, I can’t let go | 然而我不能放手 |
[16:35] | It’s unnatural | 这太神奇 |
[16:37] | You belong to me | 你属于我 |
[16:39] | I belong to you | 我属于你 |
[16:42] | come | 来吧 |
[16:43] | To the end of the road | 直到路的尽头 |
[16:48] | still, I can’t let go | 我依然不能放手 |
[17:00] | Girl. I’m here for you. | 妹子 我为你而来 |
[17:04] | All those times at night when you just hurt me | 那些你伤害我的日日夜夜 |
[17:06] | and just ran off with that other fella… | 虽然你和他一起离开 |
[17:08] | Baby, I knew about it. | 宝贝 我都知道 |
[17:10] | I just didn’t care. | 我只是不在乎 |
[17:15] | Ready for book club? | 准备好书友会了吗? |
[17:17] | I finally finished it! | 我终于读完啦! |
[17:18] | This is why we flush our hamsters. | 我们除掉仓鼠就是因为这个 |
[17:20] | I can’t right now. | 我现在没时间 |
[17:22] | uh, something’s wrong with eddie. | 呃 埃迪好像不对劲 |
[17:23] | He’s depressed. He won’t eat. | 他很沮丧 他不愿意吃饭 |
[17:25] | He won’t listen to me. | 也不听我的话 |
[17:27] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[17:29] | I even bought this parenting book. | 我甚至都买了这本怎么做好家长的书 |
[17:32] | “Advanced chess strategy.” | “国际象棋高级战略指南” |
[17:34] | The forward was written by a computer. | 都是电脑想出来的战略 |
[17:37] | Well, Eddie’s upset because of Nicole. | 其实 埃迪是因为尼科尔而伤心的 |
[17:40] | Ever since she started hanging out with that new kid, Chris. | 自从她经常和那个叫克里斯的孩子一起玩了之后 |
[17:42] | How do you know that? | 你是怎么知道的? |
[17:43] | Because I talked to her — as a friend. | 因为我和她聊了——以朋友的身份 |
[17:46] | I mean, I know your policy on children friends, | 我知道你不支持当孩子的朋友 |
[17:48] | but maybe that’s what Eddie needs right now. | 但也许埃迪现在就是需要一个朋友啊 |
[17:51] | He has friends. | 他有的是朋友 |
[17:52] | He has Dave, uh, the scrawny one… | 那个叫戴夫的 还有那个皮包骨头的… |
[17:56] | big red. | 叫大红的? |
[17:57] | Jessica, you can’t fix this. | 杰西卡 你这样搞不定的 |
[18:00] | What eddie needs from you right now is just to know | 埃迪需要知道的只是 |
[18:03] | that he’s not the first person to go through it. | 他并不是第一个受到这样伤害的人 |
[18:13] | I thought you might like this alarm clock better. | 我觉得你会更喜欢这样的闹铃 |
[18:16] | The lazy dog tells you when to get up. | 这只懒懒的狗狗会告诉你啥时候起床哒 |
[18:18] | It doesn’t matter. | 又有什么卵用啊 |
[18:24] | You know, I once had my heart broken, too. | 要知道 我以前也有被情所伤 |
[18:29] | When Oscar chow dumped me in college… | 当奥斯卡 周在大学期间甩了我… |
[18:32] | I was devastated. | 我伤心欲绝 |
[18:34] | I thought I would never feel happy again. | 我以为我再也不会有幸福和快乐了 |
[18:37] | I lost weight. My grades suffered. | 我很憔悴 成绩下滑 |
[18:40] | I cut my hair. | 我还剪短了头发 |
[18:43] | It was the worst 20 minutes of my life. | 那可是我人生中最糟糕的二十分钟啊 |
[18:47] | How did you get over it? | 那你是怎么忘记这一切的呢? |
[18:49] | I realized that… | 我意识到… |
[18:52] | life is a lot like chess. | 人生就像是下棋 |
[18:55] | You can’t win every game. | 你不可能盘盘都赢 |
[18:57] | But you also can’t give up when you lose. | 但是你也不能因为一场失败就放弃了 |
[19:00] | You know, if Oscar Chow hadn’t dumped me, | 要知道 如果奥斯卡 周没有甩了我 |
[19:03] | I never would have met your father. | 我就不可能遇见你父亲 |
[19:06] | And I wouldn’t be here. | 那也就没有我了 |
[19:09] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[19:11] | And that would be tragic. | 那就太可惜啦 |
[19:14] | Like the 2,000 marching-band scholarships | 就和那2000美金的乐队奖学金 |
[19:18] | that go unclaimed every year! | 没人去领取一样可惜! |
[19:22] | Non…stop! | 不要…停啦! |
[19:25] | Louis, I found more calendars in the garbage. | 路易斯 我在垃圾桶里找到了更多的挂历 |
[19:29] | Yeah, I threw them out. I changed my mind. | 是 我把他们都扔掉了 我改主意了 |
[19:32] | We don’t need another baby. | 我们不需要再养个孩子 |
[19:35] | What made you change your mind? | 是什么让你改变主意的? |
[19:37] | I overheard you talking to eddie, | 我听到了你和埃迪的谈话 |
[19:39] | And it made me think — | 让我想到 — |
[19:40] | If I had a daughter and she had her heart broken, | 如果我有个女儿 如果她伤心难过 |
[19:43] | I’d hunt the boy down who did it and murder him. | 我会一枪把那个伤她心的小子崩了 |
[19:46] | You were right. I don’t want a teenage girl. | 你是对的 我不需要一个十几岁的女孩儿 |
[19:51] | Checkmate. | 将死(象棋用语) |
[19:52] | 亚伯拉罕 林肯 流感疫苗接种 星期一 | |
[19:58] | I am cornholio! | 我是玉米超人! |
[20:26] | And that’s why I always put the monopoly… | 这就是为什么我一直把垄断叫做… |
[20:29] | As the boot. | 靴子 |
[20:34] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[20:37] | Why isn’t nicole sitting with us? | 尼科尔怎么不和我们坐一起了? |
[20:39] | I don’t think she’s gonna be sitting with us anymore, guys. | 我想她以后都不会和我们坐一起了 伙计们 |
[20:43] | But I’m wearing a kilt. | 可是我穿了苏格兰短裙呢 |
[20:46] | do you understand?! I’m not wearing pants! | 你们知道不知道?! 我没穿裤子! |
[20:50] | Well, gentlemen… | 呃 先生们… |
[20:55] | It’s been a pleasure seeing you. | 见了你们很高兴 |