时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mom, why’d you get us the same backpacks? | 妈 你为啥给我们买了一样的背包啊 |
[00:07] | We look like our aunt just found out about sewing machines. | 我们看上去就像刚发现缝纫机的老阿姨一样 |
[00:10] | They were on sale… Four for one. | 商场在打折 买一送三好吗 |
[00:14] | Look, mom, we took a career test at school today. | 听着 妈妈 我们学校今天举办了一场职业测试 |
[00:17] | It tells us what job is a good fit for our personality. | 检测了我们适合什么样的职业 |
[00:20] | It’s my job to tell you that. | 这应该是我的工作 |
[00:22] | Your school has no business… | 你们学校不应该管 |
[00:24] | Surgeon General, very good, Evan. | 卫生局局长 非常好 埃文 |
[00:26] | Dang, fool. | 该死的小傻子 |
[00:27] | Even by Chinese standards, you’re a nerd. | 就算是以中国人的标准 你也是个十足的呆子 |
[00:30] | My backpack doesn’t agree with you. | 我的背包显然不同意你的观点 |
[00:33] | Just ignore him, baby. | 别理他 宝贝 |
[00:34] | Soon you will be a doctor with the power of the military. | 不久以后你就会变成能力非凡的医生 |
[00:39] | No one expects a coup from the Surgeon General. | 没人知道卫生局局长会发动政变 |
[00:43] | But he’d just be overthrowing Emery, | 但他一定会推翻埃默里 |
[00:45] | who I’m sure got preside… Flight attendant? | 至少他能当上总统 空乘人员 |
[00:48] | I like travel, snacks, and being helpful. | 我喜欢旅游 零食和帮助他人 |
[00:51] | It checks all the boxes. | 符合全部要求 |
[00:53] | Oh, flight attendants don’t even get a seat on the plane. | 噢 空乘人员在飞机上连个座位都没有 |
[00:56] | They walk back and forth pushing a cart. | 他们得推着手推车来来回回地走 |
[00:59] | They’re the homeless of the sky! | 简直就是天上的流浪汉 |
[01:02] | Sir, your lab results are in. | 先生 您的检查结果出来了 |
[01:04] | Your diagnosis… Butt face. | 诊断结果是屁股脸综合征 |
[01:28] | Here, let me help you. | 我帮你拿 |
[01:29] | It’s okay, I got it. | 没关系 放着我来 |
[01:33] | Here you got, grandma. | 给你 外婆 |
[01:37] | I see you have a magazine. | 我看见您在看杂志 |
[01:39] | May I help you with your soda? | 需要我帮您拿杯苏打水吗 |
[01:47] | Everyone, come on. The Super Bowl is on. | 大伙儿 快过来 超级碗开始了 |
[01:52] | But the Super Bowl isn’t until the end of the month. | 超级碗不是这个月底才开始吗 |
[01:55] | It’s the Asian Super Bowl. | 这是亚洲超级碗 |
[01:56] | Michael Chang is in the Australian Open. | 迈克尔·张正在参加澳洲网球公开赛 |
[01:58] | We are witnessing history. | 这是见证历史的时刻 |
[02:04] | Mm. I prefer Pete Sampras. | 嗯 我更喜欢皮特·桑普拉斯 |
[02:07] | No way! | 不可能 |
[02:08] | How can you not be a member of the Chang Gang? | 你怎么不是张帮派的一员呢 |
[02:12] | I had these made. | 我自己做的 |
[02:15] | You boys are so lucky to have an Asian pro athlete to look up to. | 你们这些孩子有个可以崇拜的亚洲运动员真是太幸运了 |
[02:19] | It’s way more than what I had. | 我跟你们简直不能比 |
[02:26] | Ooh! Hell yeah, Jin-Ho! | 噢 太棒了 金浩 |
[02:27] | That was a flagrant takedown. | 真是闪亮的一击 |
[02:29] | Way to ref-er-ee! | 掌声送给大裁判 |
[02:32] | Yeah, way to dominate with the rules. | 没错 就喜欢这种遵守规则的人 |
[02:38] | He’s Asian. | 他是个亚洲人 |
[02:39] | He got the call wrong, but you always support your own. | 虽然他判错了 但是自己人不帮谁帮啊 |
[02:42] | How are their socks longer than their shorts? | 他们的袜子为什么比短裤还长啊 |
[02:46] | I’m out. | 没意思 |
[02:47] | Are you joking? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[02:48] | This is the greatest game known to mankind. | 这是人类已知的最伟大的比赛 |
[02:50] | It is a sport that is both aggressive and elegant, | 这个运动不仅激烈 还很优雅 |
[02:53] | just like your mother. | 正如你们妈妈一样 |
[02:58] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[02:59] | Great. A question from a real fan. | 很好 真爱粉才会提问题 |
[03:02] | Why is tennis so boring? | 为什么网球这么无聊 |
[03:04] | They keep talking about Grand Slams, | 他们每次都说大满贯 |
[03:05] | but I don’t see pancakes anywhere. | 但是我连一个落地球都没看到 |
[03:08] | And why are the balls and the court green? | 而且为什么这些球和球场都是绿色的 |
[03:10] | Seems like a design flaw. | 看起来像是设计上的瑕疵 |
[03:12] | You know what? Just leave. | 你知道我想说啥吗 走开 |
[03:13] | Okay! | 好的 |
[03:16] | Ace! Go, Chang. Whoo! | 太棒了 冲啊 张 哇哦 |
[03:19] | Well, Betsy, if you take a look | 好了 贝琪 |
[03:20] | at the leaders in tournament wins and prize money, | 这次锦标赛拿下名次并获得奖金的大赢家 |
[03:22] | Michael Chang is right up there. | 就是迈克尔·张 |
[03:24] | He’s earned millions of dollars. | 他已经赚了上百万的美金了 |
[03:26] | 15-Love. | 15分 爱你 |
[03:27] | Scoring system is based on love. | 评分系统太有爱了 |
[03:30] | Hey, would you be interested in learning how to play? | 嘿 你有没有兴趣学学怎么玩网球 |
[03:32] | – Yes. – Yes. | -好啊 -太棒了 |
[03:38] | Why does this homework look so hard? | 为什么这些家庭作业这么难 |
[03:42] | Oh, it’s Evan’s. | 噢 这是埃文的 |
[03:44] | Grabbed the wrong backpack. | 拿错书包了 |
[03:45] | Ain’t that some bunk, G-Dubs? | 那不是废话么 |
[03:54] | “Get me my Pogs or else”? | “把我的画片还回来 不然走着瞧” |
[04:00] | I think I accidentally got the remedial homework. | 我想我不小心拿到了需要补救的作业 |
[04:04] | What’s up with this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[04:06] | Are you getting picked on? | 你被人欺负了吗 |
[04:07] | This kid at school keeps bugging me for my Pogs. | 学校有个孩子老是要我的画片 |
[04:10] | See, this only happens to nerds. | 看吧 这种事情只会发生在呆子身上 |
[04:12] | Thank you for your help. | 真是谢谢你了 |
[04:14] | Why didn’t you come to me? This is my thing. | 为什么不来找我 这可是我的强项 |
[04:16] | All you got to do with mean kids | 对付那些讨厌的小孩 |
[04:17] | is make yourself big like a bear. | 只需要器宇轩昂的姿态 |
[04:20] | You look constipated. | 你看着像是便秘了 |
[04:22] | Whatever, man. | 伙计 这不是重点 |
[04:23] | Nobody’s gonna step to this. | 没人能一下子达到我这个程度 |
[04:25] | Give it a try. | 你先慢慢来 |
[04:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:27] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[04:28] | Just arch your back, stick out your chest, | 只要把你的背往后拱 胸往前挺 |
[04:30] | stand on your toes, and give me your hardest look. | 脚尖点地 把你最凶狠的目光亮出来 |
[04:36] | Like this? | 像这样 |
[04:38] | No. | 不是 |
[04:42] | Let me help you carry your tennis stuff, mom. | 我帮你拿你的网球吧 妈妈 |
[04:44] | Oh, that’s okay. | 噢 不用啦 |
[04:45] | That’s for being a flight attendant, | 那是空乘人员干的 |
[04:46] | not for tennis. | 我们是来打网球的 |
[04:47] | Don’t be silly. I’m just helping. | 别傻了 我只是想帮忙 |
[04:49] | Give it. Give it back! | 放手 给我放开 |
[04:51] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:52] | It looks like we all have tennis fever. | 看上去大家对网球的热情高涨啊 |
[04:54] | I’ll coach him on his serve. | 我来教他怎么发球 |
[04:56] | Why don’t you return anything that makes it over the net? | 你省点儿力气待会发球过网吧 |
[05:01] | Okay, Emery. | 好了 埃默里 |
[05:02] | Tennis… at its core, | 网球的核心 |
[05:04] | it’s about discipline, sportsmanship, style. | 是长久的训练 坚定的体育精神以及个人风格 |
[05:07] | Hurry up! | 抓紧时间 |
[05:08] | Michael Chang started at age 6. We’re already behind. | 迈克尔·张六岁开始打网球 我们已经落后啦 |
[05:11] | Jessica, he needs to learn the “Why” Before the “How.” | 杰西卡 他需要先学会网球的意义 再学网球的打法 |
[05:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:20] | Don’t apologize. | 不必抱歉 |
[05:21] | Okay, sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[05:22] | Uh, how did you know how to do that? | 呃 你怎么会发球的 |
[05:25] | I’m just doing what I saw on TV. | 我跟电视里学的 |
[05:27] | Is that okay? | 打得怎样 |
[05:28] | Uh, yeah. Here. Do it again. | 呃 很好 来 再发一个 |
[05:35] | Wow. He’s really got a smooth swing. | 哇喔 他的挥臂非常平稳 |
[05:39] | Oh, thank… Hey, you look familiar. | 谢谢 嘿 你看着很眼熟啊 |
[05:42] | You’re that bank teller who never has any singles. | 你是那个从没打过单打的银行职员吧 |
[05:45] | Uh, Jessica, that’s Billie Jean King, | 呃 杰西卡 这位是比利·简·金 |
[05:48] | one of the greatest tennis players of all time | 是迈克尔·张之后最伟大的 |
[05:50] | after Michael Chang. | 球员之一 |
[05:51] | Well, actually, I was much, much better than Michael Chang | 实际上 以任何一项职业测试来说 |
[05:53] | by every possible career measurement. | 我都比迈克尔·张好很多 |
[05:57] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[05:57] | Uh, what are you doing in Orlando? | 呃 你在奥兰多干什么呀 |
[05:59] | Oh, I have to be down here 183 days a year | 噢 我每年的183天都在这里 |
[06:02] | for tax purposes. | 纳税 |
[06:03] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[06:04] | You know, he’s a natural. | 你知道吗 他很有天赋 |
[06:07] | I think you could really go far. | 我觉得可以让他深造一下 |
[06:09] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[06:12] | Hey, Tennis! I’d like to buy all the lessons! | 嘿 教练 我要买下所有的网球课程 |
[06:16] | They’re $45 an hour. | 四十五美元一小时 |
[06:18] | I want to buy one of the lessons for Louis, | 我想帮路易斯报一个课程 |
[06:20] | then he can teach Emery all of the lessons. | 这样他就能教给埃默里所有课程了 |
[06:24] | Emery has a gift for tennis. | 埃默里有网球天赋 |
[06:26] | We could do father-son tournaments. | 我们可以玩父子锦标赛 |
[06:27] | Flight attendant, my ass. | 空乘人员见鬼去吧 |
[06:29] | He’ll get sports scholarships. | 他会得到体育奖学金 |
[06:30] | I’ll be his coach. | 我就是他的教练 |
[06:32] | I could pass my skills onto him, and he to his son. | 我会把我的技巧传授给他 再让他教给他的儿子 |
[06:34] | He could just win prize money, | 仅凭赚到的奖金 |
[06:35] | and then he’ll just buy an election. | 他就能买来一场选举了 |
[06:37] | One day, he’ll defeat me on the court. | 终有一日 他会在球场上击败我 |
[06:39] | We won’t speak for years, | 我们会因此冷战很多年 |
[06:40] | but we’ll make up when I’m on my death bed. | 但是在我弥留之际他将和我重归于好 |
[06:42] | I bought this book on child sports prodigies. | 我买了这本关于天才体育儿童的书 |
[06:45] | Most of them grew up an only child. | 他们大部分人都是独生子女 |
[06:50] | Grab your essentials. Emery’s moving into your room. | 收拾一下你的东西 埃默里要搬到你的房间来 |
[06:52] | What? Why? | 什么 为啥 |
[06:53] | So he doesn’t have to share a bunk with Evan. | 这样他就不用和埃文挤一间房了 |
[06:55] | He needs to get proper rest without distractions. | 他需要心无旁骛地休息 |
[06:58] | Don’t worry. It’s not forever. | 别担心 不用多久的 |
[06:59] | It’s just while Emery is training, | 等埃默里训练完就好了 |
[07:01] | and he will always be training. | 而且他会一直保持训练的 |
[07:03] | I heard that. You’re like three feet away. | 我全都听到了 你们离我这么近 |
[07:06] | Why wouldn’t I hear that? | 我怎么可能没听到 |
[07:09] | Hello, Eddie. | 你好 埃迪 |
[07:11] | The top bunk is mine. | 我睡上铺 |
[07:13] | Let’s go over the BMA. | 让我们熟悉一下BMA |
[07:15] | Bunk Mate Agreement? | 同寝合约 |
[07:16] | They’re ground rules for living in my space. | 这是在我空间里生活的基本规则 |
[07:20] | Rule 1… | 规则一 |
[07:21] | Do not rearrange the star stickers on the ceiling. | 不要打乱我天花板上星星贴纸的排列顺序 |
[07:23] | They’re set for the equinox. | 它们是按昼夜平分点排列的 |
[07:27] | That’s Rule 1? | 这是规则一 |
[07:28] | Rule 2… If I get stuck in my shirt, | 规则二 如果我脱不掉衬衫 |
[07:30] | you will help me remove my shirt. | 你要帮我脱掉它 |
[07:32] | A “G” And a nerd sharing a room. | 一个天才和一个呆子住一间房 |
[07:34] | It’s like “The Odd Couple” Up in here. | 就像在演《单身公寓》 |
[07:36] | Rule 3… you may only use references I understand. | 规则三 你只能引用我听得懂的东西 |
[07:39] | – It doesn’t say that. – It does. | -上面没这条吧 -我说有就有 |
[07:42] | Okay, so, how’d it go with that mean kid at school? | 好吧 学校里那个讨厌的小鬼怎么样了 |
[07:45] | – Did you get big? – I did. | -你有伸张气势吗 -我有啊 |
[07:46] | – Did it work? – It didn’t. | -有效吗 -没有 |
[07:48] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[07:49] | The kid is a fifth-grader who knows that trick. | 那个小孩是五年级的 他知道这种把戏 |
[07:51] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[07:54] | If anyone’s gonna pick on you, it’s gonna be me. | 如果有人能欺负你 那也只能是我 |
[07:57] | Guess I have to regulate. | 看来我要出马了 |
[08:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:02] | Remember? Rule 2? | 记得吗 规则二 |
[08:14] | 第一回合 埃文·黄对A·亚当斯 | |
[08:18] | Whoo-hoo-hoo! | 哇喔喔 |
[08:21] | Yeah! | 棒呆了 |
[08:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:28] | Dumplings are for athletes. | 饺子是给运动员的 |
[08:30] | Go. | 走开 |
[08:51] | My son is the one blasting aces. | 我儿子是最强的王牌 |
[08:53] | Let us know if there’s something you want him to endorse. | 如果你有什么需要他代言的尽管告诉我们 |
[09:19] | Tagging in. | 快去贴 |
[09:29] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[09:54] | Chang blows a forehand past Becker. | 贝克尔错失一个张的正手击球 |
[09:56] | Things are heating up in the finals of the Australian Open. | 澳洲网球公开决赛越来越激烈 |
[09:59] | That’s right, Chang. Tire him out. | 干得好 张 把他干掉 |
[10:01] | Chang will win because he works hard, | 张会赢的 因为他很努力 |
[10:03] | and hard work always pays off. | 而且努力总有回报 |
[10:04] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[10:06] | You got this, baby. | 你懂了吗 宝贝 |
[10:07] | – You stand on the shoulders of Jin-Ho. – Yes. | -你站在金浩的肩膀上 -没错 |
[10:15] | No! | 不 |
[10:16] | Game, set, match… Becker. | 游戏结束 贝克尔获胜了 |
[10:18] | – Ohh! – Aah! | -嗷 -啊 |
[10:26] | Well, at least he lost to the best. | 好吧 至少输给了最厉害的人 |
[10:28] | You see, Emery, the life lesson here is… | 你看 埃默里 这里的人生哲理就是 |
[10:31] | Chang didn’t work hard enough. | 张还不够努力 |
[10:32] | Second place is just the last to lose. | 得第二名比输了还惨 |
[10:35] | No. | 不 |
[10:36] | The life lesson here is | 这里的人生哲理是 |
[10:37] | anything that happens in Australia doesn’t count. | 澳网公开赛发生的任何事情都不作数 |
[11:07] | Sorry I can’t hang with you, boo. | 抱歉 我现在没时间照顾你 |
[11:09] | Got to take care of some business. | 有点事儿要处理一下 |
[11:10] | Oh, okay. | 噢 好吧 |
[11:12] | I was gonna tell you there’s an ice cream truck outside. | 我刚想和你说外面停了一辆冰淇淋车 |
[11:14] | Rumor has it they’re running a special on Bomb Pops. | 据说他们的炸弹冰糕正在打折 |
[11:24] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[11:25] | A schedule for Emery’s training. | 埃默里的训练时间表 |
[11:28] | What about school? | 学校课程安排在哪 |
[11:30] | All this will be in addition to school. | 这些是学校以外的训练日程 |
[11:32] | It will go tennis then school, | 练完网球再去上课 |
[11:33] | school and tennis until he’s the best. | 学习体育两手抓 直到他变成最好的 |
[11:35] | Okay, you’re going a little overboard with this whole thing. | 好吧 你现在有点走极端了 |
[11:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:38] | No, no. It’s too much, Jessica. | 我不是夸你 杰西卡 太过了 |
[11:41] | I’m glad Emery’s good at tennis, | 埃默里这么擅长网球我很高兴 |
[11:42] | but let’s have a little perspective. | 但是我们也要稍微看长远一点 |
[11:44] | He’s only 10 years old. | 他才十岁呢 |
[11:45] | You’re right. | 对哦 |
[11:47] | I’ve made a mistake. | 我犯了个错误 |
[11:51] | We have to fire your father. | 我们要炒了你老爸 |
[11:54] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[11:56] | Why didn’t you get a Bomb Pop, man? | 老兄 你干嘛不吃炸弹冰糕 |
[11:58] | I don’t eat our nation’s colors. | 因为那上面是我国家的颜色 |
[12:01] | Regulators, look. | 兄弟们 看 |
[12:05] | We got here just in time. | 我们来的刚刚好 |
[12:06] | Nobody stop me! | 都别拦我 |
[12:08] | Hold up. | 等下 |
[12:09] | This is the game plan. | 我们的计划是这样的 |
[12:11] | We’re gonna roll up and be like, bla-ow, but with our faces. | 我们围过去 然后做个“哇啊” 的表情 |
[12:14] | And then that kid will know. | 那个小屁孩就会懂得我们的厉害了 |
[12:23] | Yo! | 喂 |
[12:25] | What?! This is who’s bugging you? | 神马 就这妞惹的你 |
[12:27] | That’s her all right. Get her! | 就是她没错 拿下她 |
[12:30] | Ugh, why are you taking Evan’s Pogs? | 呃 你为什么老是要埃文的画片 |
[12:32] | I haven’t been taking them. I’ve been winning them. | 我不是要他的 那是我赢的 |
[12:35] | He owes me big time. | 他欠了我好多呢 |
[12:36] | Wait, I thought you just collected Pogs. | 等会儿 我以为你们只是在收集画片 |
[12:38] | It’s a game, too? | 那也是个游戏吗 |
[12:39] | Yeah, man. | 是啊 老兄 |
[12:40] | You throw a slammer at a stack of Pogs. | 向一摞画片丢圆片 |
[12:42] | Whichever Pogs land face up you get to keep. | 然后面朝上的画片归你 |
[12:44] | I’m not trying to understand this, Dave. | 我没打算听你的解释 戴夫 |
[12:45] | How did you lose Pogs you don’t even have? | 你都没有画片 你怎么会输啊 |
[12:48] | Stacey loaned me some. | 斯黛西借了我一点 |
[12:49] | I’m on a cold streak, but I’ll pay her back. | 我现在行情不太好 但是我会还给她的 |
[12:51] | Let’s go another round. I’m good for it. | 我们再去玩一轮 我准备好了 |
[12:53] | Pile them up, Stacey! | 斯黛西 快堆好 |
[12:54] | I think he has a problem. | 我觉得他有问题 |
[12:56] | Are you afraid, Stacey? | 你怕了吗 斯黛西 |
[12:57] | Are you afraid of my Pog hand? | 怕我的画片手了吗 |
[12:59] | Because you should be! | 那是理所当然的 |
[13:04] | Now, your final match is coming up, | 好啦 你的决赛马上就要到了 |
[13:05] | and I need to discuss something important with you. | 我要和你讨论一些很重要的事情 |
[13:07] | Hairstyle. | 发型 |
[13:08] | Dad, I think we can all agree | 老爸 大家都同意 |
[13:11] | we want me to be the best tennis player I can be. | 我要尽其所能成为最棒的网球手 |
[13:14] | Exactly. We’ll go with curls. | 没错 我们去烫个卷发 |
[13:16] | Which is why in order for me to get to the next level, | 所以为了让我能更上一层楼 |
[13:18] | we have to make a coaching change. | 我们不得不换教练 |
[13:21] | Are you firing me? | 你要炒我鱿鱼吗 |
[13:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉啦 |
[13:24] | Did you put him up to this? | 是你让他这么做的吗 |
[13:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:26] | Emery, I’m so proud of you | 埃默里 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[13:29] | for having the courage to fire your father | 为了达到完美水准 |
[13:31] | so you can achieve excellence. | 你有勇气炒你爸的鱿鱼 |
[13:32] | A flight attendant wouldn’t have the eggs to do that. | 空乘人员是没有胆这么做的 |
[13:35] | Thanks, mom. | 谢了 老妈 |
[13:36] | You’re fired, too. | 你也被炒了 |
[13:37] | What? | 啥 |
[13:39] | You’ve been a little distracting at my matches. | 你在我的比赛中有点让人分心 |
[13:42] | Out. | 线外 |
[13:43] | In! | 线内的 |
[13:44] | Fault. | 失误 |
[13:45] | Are you blind? | 你瞎了吗 |
[13:46] | Here, take these. | 给你 带上这个 |
[13:48] | They will help… with your blindness. | 它们能治眼瞎 |
[13:54] | You have to come down eventually. | 你总归要下来的 |
[13:57] | I just get fired up because I want to see you win. | 我就因为想看你赢而被炒了 |
[14:00] | I think we can all agree we want me to be the best… | 我知道大家都想我成为最棒的 |
[14:03] | Don’t give me that speech. I wrote that speech. | 别跟我来这套 是我写的这段话 |
[14:05] | I give you that speech. | 我跟你说的这段话 |
[14:07] | Wait, if I’m not going to coach you, who is? | 等会儿 如果我不做你教练了 那谁来 |
[14:09] | We can’t afford a ton of lessons. | 我们家可交不起那么多的学费 |
[14:11] | Actually, I found someone who will do it for free. | 其实我已经找到免费教我的人了 |
[14:14] | Hi, folks. | 嗨 大家好呀 |
[14:15] | I promise I’ll coach your boy as if he were my own son. | 我保证我会像亲儿子一样训练你们家儿子 |
[14:20] | Let’s go, you little puke. | 走吧 小兔崽子 |
[14:22] | Bye, mom. Bye, dad. | 老爸老妈再见啦 |
[14:23] | See you at dinner. | 晚饭见 |
[14:26] | We’ve been checkmated, Louis. | 我们被将死了 路易斯 |
[14:29] | Checkmated at tennis. | 在网球上被将死了 |
[14:33] | I can’t believe you lied to me. | 我真不敢相信你居然骗我 |
[14:35] | I thought you were getting picked on. | 我原本以为你被欺负了呢 |
[14:36] | I’m addicted, okay? | 我上瘾了 可以了吧 |
[14:38] | I’m addicted to playing Pogs. | 我对画片上瘾了 |
[14:40] | I don’t even get what you see in that noise. | 我都搞不懂你喜欢那游戏什么 |
[14:42] | I love the thrill of taking risks, | 我喜欢冒险的感觉 |
[14:44] | laying it all on the line. | 倾其所有 追求严格 |
[14:46] | But I know I’ve gone too far. | 但是我知道我太过火了 |
[14:48] | So you know what you have to do? | 你知道你该怎么做吗 |
[14:50] | Steal money from mom’s purse. | 从老妈钱包里偷钱 |
[14:51] | Shut up! You crazy?! Mom might hear you! | 闭嘴 你疯啦 老妈可能会听到的 |
[14:54] | And I know when to do it, too. | 而且我也知道什么时候去偷 |
[14:55] | She sleeps heavy after she eats Mexican food, | 她吃了墨西哥菜以后就会睡得很死 |
[14:59] | so I just have to wait until it’s burrito Thursday. | 所以我只需要等到星期四的墨西哥圆饼日 |
[15:01] | Dang, that’s cold. | 哇喔 好阴 |
[15:03] | You’re not a nerd. You’re a lowercase “G.” | 你一点也不呆 你简直一鸣惊人 |
[15:06] | Look, I respect the thought, | 嘿 我尊重你的想法 |
[15:08] | but you’d probably get mom’s decoy purse anyways. | 但是你很有可能拿到老妈的假钱包 |
[15:10] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:12] | I know how to get Stacey off your back. | 我有办法帮你摆脱斯黛西 |
[15:23] | Well, it’s good | 呃 埃默里这么重视训练 |
[15:24] | that Emery is taking his training so seriously. | 真好啊 |
[15:27] | Great work. | 很好 |
[15:29] | Now treat yourself to 15 laps around the block. | 现在赏你十五个环街跑 |
[15:32] | Billie Jean disguises punishment as treats. | 比利·简把惩罚说成奖赏 |
[15:35] | She gets it. | 她真有一套 |
[15:37] | I’m not exactly thrilled we got fired. | 我其实并不惊讶我们被炒了 |
[15:40] | But Emery is embracing tennis, | 但是网球正在为埃默里敞开大门 |
[15:43] | and he’s learning from the best. | 而且他又跟着最好的老师训练 |
[15:45] | We both got what we wanted. | 我们都得到我们想要的了 |
[15:47] | I’m glad we’re on the same page. | 很高兴我们统一战线了 |
[15:49] | No, we’re not. | 不 我们没有 |
[15:51] | I was just encouraging his love for the game, | 我只是在鼓励他热爱这项运动 |
[15:53] | which would hopefully turn into | 网球很有希望变成一座 |
[15:54] | a lifelong father-son connection. | 连接我和他父子关系的桥梁 |
[15:56] | You made it into a competitive thing. | 而你把它变成了一个比赛性质的事 |
[15:58] | We’re both mad at Emery, I know, | 我知道我们都生埃默里的气 |
[15:59] | but at least we get to go to his matches and watch him win. | 但是至少我们要去看他赢比赛吧 |
[16:06] | Did you bring my glasses? | 带了我的眼镜没 |
[16:07] | Yes, I-I got them, I got them. | 带了带了 |
[16:09] | Uh, I’m afraid I can’t let you in. | 呃 恐怕我不能让你们进场 |
[16:11] | Why not? | 为啥 |
[16:13] | You’ve been banned from matches for harassing our umpire. | 你们因为骚扰裁判被赛方禁止进入了 |
[16:15] | But how could he tell who harassed him if he’s blind? | 但是他是个瞎子 他怎么知道谁骚扰了他 |
[16:19] | Jessica, look. | 杰西卡 看 |
[16:27] | They both have success perms. | 他们两个都有一头胜利波浪卷 |
[16:29] | Great final-match hairstyle. | 好赞的决赛发型 |
[16:35] | Let’s just go. | 我们还是走吧 |
[16:37] | I don’t want to distract Emery. | 我不想打扰埃默里比赛 |
[16:40] | I want him to achieve excellence. | 我想要他取得成就 |
[16:44] | You’re wasting your time as a gate attendant. | 你在门口当向导真是浪费青春 |
[16:47] | This is beautiful. | 画得真美 |
[16:53] | Thanks for coming, Stacey. | 斯黛西 谢谢你能来 |
[16:54] | You’ve been looking good, girl. | 你看起来真美 妹子 |
[16:56] | You been doing that Tae Bo? | 你一直在做跆博健身操吗 |
[16:57] | Just give me my Pogs. | 把我的画片还来 |
[16:59] | I’ll get right to it, then. | 那我就直接进入主题了 |
[17:00] | We called you here to ask for one final Pog match. | 我们把你叫来是要来一场画片决赛 |
[17:02] | If Evan wins, you’ll forgive his debt. | 如果埃文赢了 他的债务就清零 |
[17:04] | If he loses, I’ll give you this. | 如果他输了 我就把这个给你 |
[17:07] | A mint-condition Garbage Pail Kid… | 一张全新的《垃圾桶孩子》 |
[17:08] | 1985 Stinky Stan. | 1985年小臭斯坦所作 |
[17:11] | It’s worth twice the Pogs Evan owes you. | 这值两倍埃文欠你的画片 |
[17:14] | Get your slammer. | 拿出你的圆板来 |
[17:16] | I need to borrow one. | 我要借一个 |
[17:23] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[17:25] | The best gambler in our family. | 我们家最厉害的赌徒 |
[17:27] | Grandma, are you sure you know how to play this game? | 外婆 你确定你知道怎么玩这个 |
[17:43] | You did it, grandma! | 你赢了 外婆 |
[17:44] | They’re all face up! We won! | 全部正面朝上 我们赢了 |
[17:47] | – Double or nothing! – What are you doing, man? | -翻倍还是两清 -你在干嘛老兄 |
[17:49] | We did it. It’s over. | 我们赢了 都结束了 |
[17:50] | I need the energy. | 我需要能量 |
[17:51] | No! | 不可以 |
[17:54] | Never leave a hot table! | 永远别在手气好的时候离桌 |
[18:01] | I won the Round Robin Tournament. | 我打赢循环赛了 |
[18:03] | Oh, that’s fantastic. | 噢 太棒了 |
[18:05] | I wish we could have been there… | 我希望我们当时能在场 |
[18:07] | But at least you’re on a better career path. | 至少你现在踏上更好的职业道路了 |
[18:09] | Coach King wants to enroll me | 金教练想要招我进 |
[18:10] | in a tennis academy at Coral Gables. | 一个在科勒尔盖布尔斯的网球学院 |
[18:12] | It’s super-hard to get into. | 那很难进去的耶 |
[18:13] | It’s where all the best players train. | 所有最优秀的选手都在那里训练 |
[18:15] | It’s a four-hour drive, | 有四个小时的车程 |
[18:16] | so I’d have to move there for the year. | 所以我今年要搬去那里住了 |
[18:18] | Move? | 搬过去 |
[18:20] | But you’re only 10. | 可是你才十岁啊 |
[18:21] | That’s why I don’t want to do it. | 所以我才不愿意这么做 |
[18:23] | I mean, if it’s okay with you. | 我是说 如果你们觉得可以的话 |
[18:25] | It’s okay with us. | 我们觉得没问题 |
[18:26] | Uh, Emery, are you sure about this? | 呃 埃默里 你确定要去吗 |
[18:29] | Yeah. I’d miss you guys too much. | 是的 我会非常非常想你们的 |
[18:30] | Great. | 好吧 |
[18:32] | Well, whatever you want to do, we support you. | 嗯 不管你想要做什么 我们都支持你 |
[18:34] | Thanks. Tennis is fun and stuff, | 谢了 网球是一件有趣的事 |
[18:36] | but there are a lot of things I want to do, | 但是我还想做很多事情 |
[18:38] | like flying around the world as a flight attendant. | 比如说当一个空乘环游全世界 |
[18:44] | Well, I guess we need to embrace the kid we have. | 额 我想我们应该接受我们自家的娃 |
[18:47] | Like you said, whatever he wants to do, | 就像你说的 不管他想做什么 |
[18:49] | we’ll support him. | 我们都会支持他 |
[18:50] | Absolutely. | 那是当然的 |
[18:54] | Space camp? | 太空营 |
[18:55] | Astronauts are like flight attendants, | 飞行员跟空乘一样的 |
[18:57] | but for science. | 只不过是主攻科研 |
[18:59] | Travel, snacks, helping others. | 环游 零食 帮助他人 |
[19:03] | It checks all the boxes. | 全都有耶 |
[19:04] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[19:06] | Embracing the kid we have. | 欣然接受我们家的娃呀 |
[19:07] | If he’s gonna be a flight attendant, | 如果他要当一个空乘 |
[19:09] | he’s gonna be the best kind. | 也要当最好的那种 |
[19:11] | I’m gonna float down the aisle of the spaceship | 我要沿着宇宙飞船的走道漂浮 |
[19:13] | and say, “Trash? | 然后说“有垃圾吗” |
[19:17] | Trash? Trash?” | “有垃圾吗 垃圾” |
[19:23] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:24] | I was thinking about what you said about needing that energy. | 我一直在想你说的需要能量 |
[19:27] | Here. | 呐 给你 |
[19:30] | “Dum Dum’s Guide to Becoming a Stockbroker”? | 《达姆告诉你如何成为一个股票经纪人》 |
[19:32] | I read an article in Vibemagazine about Russell Simmons. | 我在《Vibe》杂志上读过一篇关于罗素·赛门斯的文章 |
[19:35] | The stock market is his jam. | 股市就是他的困境 |
[19:37] | He says, if you’re gonna gamble, | 他说“如果你要赌博 |
[19:38] | gamble with other people’s money. | 就用别人的钱来赌” |
[19:41] | Thanks. I’ll check it out. | 谢了 我会看看的 |
[19:44] | I’m sorry about before. | 我对之前的事感到很抱歉 |
[19:45] | You don’t really have a butt face. | 你其实并没有一张屁股脸啦 |
[19:47] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[19:48] | Hey, I’m not training for tennis anymore, | 嘿 我不再训练网球了 |
[19:51] | so we can switch back bedrooms. | 我们可以把卧室换回来了吗 |
[19:53] | Know what? | 你知道嘛 |
[19:53] | I want to crash with Evan for one more night. | 我想跟埃文再睡一晚 |
[19:55] | Just two G’s in a bunk bed. | 两个天才睡上下铺 |
[19:57] | Eddie, rule number 1! | 埃迪 第一条规则呢 |
[20:06] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:11] | Where’s Emery? | 埃默里呢 |
[20:13] | Please sit, Billie Jean King. | 坐吧 比利·简·金 |
[20:18] | I think we can all agree | 我觉得我们都认同 |
[20:20] | that we want what’s best for Emery. | 我们想把最好的给埃默里 |
[20:22] | Are you firing me? | 你是要炒我鱿鱼吗 |
[20:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:24] | And you were doing this for free, | 我知道你是免费教学的 |
[20:25] | so it must be especially painful. | 所以肯定特别痛苦 |
[20:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:36] | Hey, what the heck?! | 喂 搞什么鬼 |
[20:47] | Find yourself, Billie Jean. | 找回你自己 比利·金 |
[20:53] | So, is Pete Sampras nice? | 那么 皮特·桑普拉斯还好吗 |
[20:56] | No, you know what? I don’t want to know. | 不不不 你造吗 我不想知道 |
[20:57] | I don’t want to know. | 我真不想知道 |