时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You sure they’re gonna show? | 你确定他们会来吗 |
[00:05] | Hey, my hook-up always shows. | 喂 我的合伙人总会来的 |
[00:07] | Have I ever let you down? | 我有让你失望过吗 |
[00:08] | Did you bring any hard candy, like I asked? | 你有照我说的给我带硬糖吗 |
[00:11] | No. | 没有 |
[00:12] | There you go. | 我说什么来着 |
[00:24] | ‘sup, hector? This him? | 嘿 赫克托 就是他吗 |
[00:31] | Think you can handle our product? | 你能消化得了我们的货吗 |
[00:33] | I got more handles than a yogurt shop. | 我比一家酸奶店加起来还厉害 |
[00:41] | Ghost peppers — hottest in the world. | 印度鬼椒 世界上最辣的辣椒 |
[00:46] | My ticket to winning the north orlando chili cook-off. | 我赢得北奥兰多辣酱烹饪比赛的制胜法宝 |
[00:49] | Oh, it’s gonna cost you. | 噢 它可不是免费的 |
[00:50] | Well, then, it’s a good thing | 哼 那是件好事啊 |
[00:52] | I own a semi-successful restaurant. | 我可有一家快成功了的餐馆 |
[00:54] | How much? $1.75. | -多少钱 -1.75刀 |
[00:58] | Each. | 一颗 |
[01:03] | These guys are good. | 这些家伙真心狠 |
[01:22] | the orderly flow of traffic. | 交通有序流动 |
[01:28] | This is called “Zippering.” | 这叫”拉拉链” |
[01:31] | One car from one lane and one car from another lane | 一个车道一辆车和另一个车道的车 |
[01:34] | Merge to form one single lane of efficiency. | 分别从两个车道高效有序地并到一个车道 |
[01:37] | It’s amazing what society can learn | 人们能从一条裤子上学到东西 |
[01:39] | From a pair of pants. | 真是太令人感慨万千了 |
[01:44] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[01:45] | Excuse me, lady in the ugly vest? | 打扰一下 那边穿着丑马甲的女士 |
[01:48] | I’m sorry. Can I help you? | 不好意思 有什么能帮到你的吗 |
[01:50] | Oh, no. I’m trying to help you. | 噢 不 是我在帮你 |
[01:52] | There’s a better way to do your job. | 有个办法能让你把工作做得更好 |
[01:54] | Is there? | 是吗 |
[01:55] | You should wear gloves | 你应该戴一副手套 |
[01:57] | So that we can see your hands when you gesture. | 这样你做手势的时候 我们就都能看到你的手了 |
[01:59] | Much safer. Think about it. | 这样更安全 你自己想一想嘛 |
[02:01] | Have you ever seen a dead mime in the street? | 你有见过谁在马路中间演哑剧吗 |
[02:07] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[02:09] | Well, it’s the sun. | 嗯 这是太阳 |
[02:10] | -Not our sun. -Well, I heard the moon is made out of cheese. | -我们的太阳不长这样 -呃 我听说月亮是用奶酪做的 |
[02:14] | You balance me out, j.J. | 你跟我真是互补 J.J |
[02:16] | That’s why we’re best friends. | 这就是我们是好朋友的原因 |
[02:21] | Hi, mrs. Huang. | 嗨 黄太太 |
[02:22] | It’s five days till my birthday! | 还有五天就到我生日了 |
[02:24] | Okay, thank you, J.J. | 好的 谢谢你 J.J |
[02:25] | Tomorrow, it’ll be four days. | 明天就还剩四天了 |
[02:27] | Go to your own car now, J.J. Bye. | 去找你们家车吧 J.J 拜拜 |
[02:31] | I can’t wait for J.J.’s birthday party. | 我等不及要参加J.J的生日派对了 |
[02:33] | There’s talk of a grover ice-cream cake! | 听说会有一个格罗弗冰激凌蛋糕耶 |
[02:36] | Oh, and look what I got on my science test. | 噢 看我科学考试得了个啥 |
[02:39] | Oh. An a-plus. | 噢 得了个A+啊 |
[02:43] | There it is! | 这还差不多 |
[02:46] | Nice work, my angel! | 真棒 我的小天使 |
[02:48] | Louis, you old sneak! | 路易斯 你个老滑头 |
[02:52] | Signing up for the north orlando chili cook-off | 没告诉我一声 就偷偷报了 |
[02:55] | Without telling me, | 北奥兰多辣酱烹饪比赛 |
[02:56] | You son of a gun! | 你个大魂淡 |
[02:57] | Marvin, I didn’t know you were a chili man. | 马文 我都不知道你还是个辣酱迷啊 |
[02:59] | You see this bad boy? | 看到这个大家伙了吗 |
[03:00] | It’s for cooking the wild boar | 这是用来煮野猪肉的 |
[03:02] | That’s in my famous navy razorback chili. | 那是我最出名的拌野猪海军辣酱 |
[03:05] | Sounds pretty good. Pretty good? | -听起来很棒啊 -才止很棒吗 |
[03:07] | My wild pig brew has won the last five golden stockpots. | 我的野猪配方已经赢了五届金牌汤锅了 |
[03:09] | You know, I’m not stranger to the ladle. | 你知道吗 我又不是第一天掌勺了 |
[03:12] | I, uh, won a few chili contests myself back in d.C. | 我在华盛顿的时候也赢过几次辣酱烹饪赛呢 |
[03:14] | Oh, is that right? Mm-hmm. | -噢 是吗 -嗯哼 |
[03:16] | Well, down here in orlando, | 好吧 现在是在奥兰多 |
[03:17] | We have a name for yankee chili. | 我们管北方佬的辣酱 |
[03:19] | It’s called “Soup.” | 叫“汤” |
[03:25] | You know what I think when I eat southern chili? What? | -你知道我吃南方辣酱的时候在想什么吗 -什么 |
[03:28] | I think, “This could use a little northern chili.” | 我在想“这用一点点北方辣酱做就够了吧” |
[03:36] | So, I point to the old man’s shopping cart, and I say, | 于是我指着那个老头的购物车 我说 |
[03:40] | “You’re supposed to get frozen foods last, not first. | “你应该到最后再去拿冷冻食物 而不是现在一来就拿 |
[03:43] | If that meat defrosts, | 如果那盒肉解冻了 |
[03:45] | You could get salmonella and die.” | 你可能会感染沙门氏菌 甚至会狗带的” |
[03:47] | You do have an eye for other people’s mistakes. | 你的确很善于发现别人犯的小错误 |
[03:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:52] | anyone see my apron?! | 有人看到我的围裙了吗 |
[03:55] | Don’t mind him. | 别理他 |
[03:56] | Louis just gets obsessed with these chili competitions. | 路易斯最近为辣酱比赛的事走火入魔了 |
[03:59] | You don’t have to tell me. | 不用你说我也懂 |
[04:00] | Chili season’s got my man, too. | 我家那口子也很迷辣酱赛季 |
[04:02] | Really? Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[04:04] | I have to go help him clean out our garage fridge | 我要去帮他清理我们家车库里的冰箱了 |
[04:06] | To store a pig. | 他要用来放一头猪 |
[04:07] | He insists on the head facing out. | 他坚持要把猪头朝外放 |
[04:10] | He says it honors the hog. | 他说这样是为了尊敬那头猪 |
[04:12] | Oh. I’ll see you in a bit. | 噢 回见 |
[04:13] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[04:14] | After dinner, can we watch “Caroline in the city”? | 吃完晚饭我们能看《欢乐俏女郎》吗 |
[04:17] | What? No way. | 什么 才不要 |
[04:22] | Eddie, you won’t be watching any tv this week. | 埃迪 你这周都别看电视了 |
[04:26] | You’ll be helping me win | 你要来帮我赢下 |
[04:27] | The north orlando chili cook-off… | 北奥兰多辣酱烹饪比赛 |
[04:31] | As my apprentice. | 你来当我的徒弟 |
[04:32] | Really?! You never let me help. | 真的吗 你从来都不要我帮你 |
[04:34] | You said I have to be five pots tall. | 你说我要长得跟五个大锅一样高才行 |
[04:35] | You are now, son. | 你现在已经这么高啦 儿子 |
[04:37] | I’m so excited for you. | 我真为你感到激动 |
[04:40] | You’re giving me your apron? | 你要把围裙给我吗 |
[04:42] | Yes, to hand-wash for me, | 是的 去帮我把它手洗了 |
[04:43] | And then you’ll give it back to me. | 然后还给我 |
[04:47] | Can we drink something else besides water at dinner? | 我们晚饭的时候能不能别老喝水 喝点别的 |
[04:50] | No. Water hydrates you. | 不行 水能给你保湿 |
[04:51] | And if you spill it, it cleans, not stains. | 而且就算你们把水洒了 它也很干净 没有印记 |
[04:53] | Very well. | 很好 |
[04:54] | One final question. | 最后一个问题 |
[04:55] | Dad, can I have your old briefcase? | 老爸 我可以用你的旧公文包吗 |
[04:57] | Why? | 为啥 |
[04:58] | I’d like to start carrying it to school | 我想背公文包去学校 |
[05:00] | To keep my papers crisp. | 这样我的卷子就不会起皱了 |
[05:02] | But you already have a backpack. | 但是你已经有一个书包了 |
[05:03] | I didn’t have a briefcase until I was 30. | 我到三十岁的时候才有公文包呢 |
[05:14] | If you hate this so much, | 你这么讨厌这个 |
[05:15] | Why do you insist on coming along? | 干嘛还老要跟来 |
[05:26] | And now it is my turn. | 好了 轮到我了 |
[05:30] | Hey, it was my turn! | 嘿 该轮到我好吗 |
[05:32] | She didn’t zipper! | 她没有按顺序来 |
[05:33] | hey! | 嘿 |
[05:35] | Hey, you didn’t zipper! | 嘿 你干嘛不按顺序并道 |
[05:37] | Hey. She didn’t zipper! | 嘿 她没有按顺序开 |
[05:40] | It’s out of my un-gloved hands. | 我没戴手套 我可管不着 |
[05:43] | Watch the car. | 看着车 |
[05:47] | hey! | 嘿 |
[05:50] | hey! I know you see me! | 嘿 我知道你看得到我 |
[05:53] | you cut me off | 轮到我并道的时候 |
[05:55] | When it was my turn to zipper! | 你抢了我的道 |
[05:57] | that’s not how we drive around here! | 我们在这里可不是这样开车的 |
[06:00] | there’s no zippering rule. | 没有硬性并道规则好吗 |
[06:02] | It’s more of a suggestion. | 那最多算是个建议 |
[06:03] | Calm down. | 冷静点 |
[06:05] | “Calm down”? | “冷静点” |
[06:07] | You calm down! | 你才该给我冷静点 |
[06:09] | you know what? Get out of the car. | 不如这样吧 你给我下车 |
[06:11] | Help, help, I’m being attacked! | 救命啊 救命啊 我要被人袭击了 |
[06:13] | You’re not being attacked. | 才没有人要袭击你 |
[06:15] | She’s not being attacked. | 没有人要袭击她 |
[06:17] | Nobody help this idiot. | 都别来帮这个蠢货 |
[06:19] | You are a crazy lady. | 你真是个疯女人 |
[06:21] | I can’t believe somebody gave you a driver’s license | 我简直不敢相信有人会给你发驾照 |
[06:23] | Because you’re an unfit driver and an idiot. | 因为你是个不合格的司机 而且还是个蠢货 |
[06:26] | Mommy? | 妈咪 |
[06:29] | Oh, hi, mom. | 噢 嗨 老妈 |
[06:31] | Hi, J.J. | 嗨 J.J |
[06:32] | Oh. Hi, mrs. Huang. Hi, J.J. | -噢 嗨 黄太太 -你好啊 J.J |
[06:40] | You don’t have to drive all the way up to school. | 你不用开到学校去的 |
[06:43] | You can just drop us off here. | 我们在这里就可以下车 |
[06:44] | Here? Why? It’s just calmer here. | -这里吗 为什么呀 -因为这里更加安静些 |
[06:46] | Is this about yesterday? | 是因为昨天的事吗 |
[06:49] | Listen, sometimes when one adult is right, | 听着 有时候呢 当一个大人是正确的时候 |
[06:51] | They have to tell the other adult | 他就得去告诉另一个大人 |
[06:52] | That they’re wrong. | 他做错了 |
[06:53] | But that was my best friend’s mom. | 但那是我死党的妈妈呀 |
[06:55] | Well, she drives like your worst friend’s mom. | 呃 她开车开得像是你死对头的妈妈 |
[07:00] | The traffic disputes of adults | 大人们在交通上的争论 |
[07:02] | Have no impact on the friendships of children. | 对孩子们的友谊没有影响 |
[07:07] | Of course. | 早想到了 |
[07:09] | Bye, mom. | 拜拜 老妈 |
[07:11] | Bye, mom. Bye. | -妈妈再见 -拜拜 |
[07:13] | Hey, evan. | 嘿 埃文 |
[07:14] | Hi, J.J. | 嗨 J.J |
[07:16] | You have a raisin on your neck. | 你脖子上粘了个葡萄干 |
[07:18] | Oh. | 噢 |
[07:20] | It’s from breakfast. Ha! | -吃早餐的时候粘上的 -哈哈 |
[07:27] | Good. Now I have your fingerprints | 很好 现在我有你的指纹了 |
[07:29] | In case I need to send them to the state. | 说不定我要把它送到车管所去 |
[07:31] | Evan’s not invited to | 这周我家J.J的生日聚会 |
[07:32] | J.J.’s birthday party this weekend. | 没有邀请埃文 |
[07:39] | Son, welcome to the flavor dome. | 儿子 欢迎来到味觉天堂 |
[07:44] | Cool. When do we eat. | 真棒 我们什么时候开吃 |
[07:45] | When the chili tells us it’s ready. | 这要看辣酱什么时候好 |
[07:47] | This is the start of a family legacy, | 这是家族传承的开始 |
[07:49] | Like when an italian grandmother | 就像一个意大利的老祖母 |
[07:51] | Passes down a meatball recipe. | 把肉丸子的配方传给下一代一样 |
[07:53] | It’s like, um, | 就像 嗯 |
[07:54] | “Mama louis!” | “路易斯妈妈” |
[07:55] | now, let’s start | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[07:58] | By chopping up these onions. | 先切洋葱 |
[08:00] | Whoa. | 哇哦 |
[08:01] | You’re gonna let me use this knife? | 你要让我用这把刀吗 |
[08:03] | Of course. You’re my apprentice. | 当然啦 你是我的学徒 |
[08:08] | Any last words? | 还有什么遗言吗 |
[08:09] | Uh, maybe we work on some knife skills first, okay? | 呃 我们还是先学学怎么用刀吧 好吗 |
[08:12] | All right. | 好了 |
[08:37] | Not bad. Not bad at all. | -不错 -确实是啊 |
[08:38] | what are you doing? | 你在干嘛啊 |
[08:40] | We spent forever on that! | 我们做了这么久 |
[08:43] | Eddie, what were your first words | 埃迪 你刚尝到辣酱的时候 |
[08:45] | After you tried the chili? | 说的第一句话是什么 |
[08:46] | I said, “Not bad.” | 我说了“不错”啊 |
[08:47] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[08:48] | “Not bad” Isn’t good enough. | “没错”就是不够好 |
[08:49] | And “Good” Isn’t good enough, either. | “好”也是不够好 |
[08:52] | Marvin is out there cooking a wild boar right now — | 马文现在在外面煮野猪肉 |
[08:55] | A pig from the forest. | 从森林抓来的野猪 |
[08:57] | We need to reach higher | 如果我们想赢得金奖的话 |
[08:58] | If we want that golden stockpot. | 我们要比他更胜一筹 |
[09:01] | Okay, dad, if we’re making this again, | 好吧 老爸 如果我们要再来一遍的话 |
[09:03] | I think we should toast some cumin in some bacon fat | 我觉得我们可以在放肉之前 |
[09:06] | Before we put the meat in. | 先在培根里和一点茴香 |
[09:07] | Let me stop you right there. | 你先打住 |
[09:09] | You know why your mom’s not allowed in the dome? | 你知道为什么我不让你老妈来跟我一起做吗 |
[09:11] | Because she futzes. | 因为她很无厘头 |
[09:12] | She adds things. | 她老是要加东西 |
[09:13] | “Oh, how about a little more oregano? | “噢 不如再加点牛至怎么样 |
[09:15] | Let’s add a sprig of rosemary.” | 再来一小枝迷迭香吧” |
[09:17] | No! This isn’t a bowl of jazz! | 当然不行 这又不是熬腊八粥 |
[09:22] | Who does that woman think she is, | 她以为自己是谁 |
[09:24] | Deciding who can and can’t attend her son’s birthday party? | 连谁来参加自己儿子生日趴体都要管 |
[09:28] | She’s not god. | 她又不是上帝 |
[09:29] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[09:31] | Stop thinking about your chili! | 别再想你的辣椒酱了 |
[09:33] | How am I supposed to tell Evan | 我该怎么告诉埃文 |
[09:35] | He’s not invited to J.J.’s birthday party? | J.J的生日聚会没有邀请他 |
[09:37] | Just apologize to her. | 去和她道个歉吧 |
[09:39] | Why would I apologize? | 我为什么要道歉 |
[09:41] | She didn’t zipper! | 是她没有按顺序并车 |
[09:43] | She’s the one who’s wrong! | 是她做错了啊 |
[09:45] | Well, what would be wrong | 好吧 错误的是 |
[09:46] | Is if evan didn’t go to the party | 因为你现在的行为 |
[09:47] | Because of something you did. | 埃文不能去这次的聚会 |
[09:49] | damn it, marvin! | 该死的 马文 |
[09:52] | Get this beast out of the garage fridge! | 快把这头猪从车库冰箱里弄出去 |
[09:54] | We need to honor the hog! | 我们要尊敬猪 |
[10:08] | Let’s start over. | 我们重头开始 |
[10:10] | I’m jessica, evan’s mother. | 我是杰西卡 埃文的妈妈 |
[10:13] | I’m helen. | 我是海伦 |
[10:14] | Helen. That’s a pretty name. | 海伦 真是个好听的名字 |
[10:16] | It’s like melon, a sweet fruit. | 听上去像甜瓜一样 一种很甜的水果 |
[10:20] | I’m here because I would like to… | 我来是想告诉你 |
[10:24] | Acknowledge a mutual wrongdoing. | 我们都犯了错误 |
[10:27] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[10:29] | You didn’t respect the zipper, | 你没有按顺序并车 |
[10:31] | And I lost my temper, | 而我暴走了 |
[10:33] | Even though I was provoked by your error. | 但这是由于你的错误引起的 |
[10:37] | I think I’m being pretty clear. | 我觉得我已经说得够清楚了 |
[10:39] | You’re not. | 并没有 |
[10:42] | it is for evan, my angel. | 这是为了埃文 我的天使 |
[10:48] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:50] | Thank you very much for saying that. | 我很高兴你能向我道歉 |
[10:53] | I-I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[10:57] | Oh, I am so glad we put this behind us. | 噢 我们能放下恩怨真是太好了 |
[11:00] | Evan is so excited for j.J.’s birthday party. | 埃文一直很期待J.J的生日趴 |
[11:03] | Oh, evan still isn’t invited. Bye, now. | 噢 埃文还是不能来 拜拜啦 |
[11:11] | Eddie! Why didn’t you tell me? | 埃迪 你为什么不告诉我 |
[11:13] | -Tell you what? About your dad competing in no-co! | -告诉你什么 -你老爸的比赛 |
[11:15] | The north orlando chili cook-off. | 北奥尔兰的辣酱烹饪大赛 |
[11:18] | Yeah, he’s been making me help him out. | 对啊 他还让我给他打下手 |
[11:21] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[11:22] | He’s letting you chili apprentice? | 他聘用你做辣酱学徒了吗 |
[11:24] | All we do is cook chili and not eat any of it. | 我们只是做点辣酱 然后再把它们倒进垃圾桶 |
[11:26] | He keeps on saying it needs to be better, | 他一直觉得不满意 |
[11:28] | But he doesn’t take any of my ideas. | 但他都不听我的想法 |
[11:30] | You believe this guy? | 看看这个家伙 |
[11:32] | Two days in a chili kitchen, thinks he knows everything. | 才捣鼓了两天的辣酱 就以为自己能上天了 |
[11:34] | Why would your dad listen to you? | 你老爸为什么要听你的 |
[11:36] | You’re not a chef. | 你又不是厨师 |
[11:37] | Yeah, but I know food. | 没错 但是我懂食物啊 |
[11:39] | Blindfold me in a baskin-robbins, | 让我蒙着眼尝芭斯罗缤 |
[11:40] | And I’ll name all 31 flavors. | 我能尝出所有三十一种味道 |
[11:41] | You’re the apprentice. | 你是个学徒 |
[11:42] | You’re supposed to shut up, listen, and learn. | 你的就该闭紧嘴巴 竖起耳朵认真学 |
[11:44] | But I’m not good at any of those things. | 但你说的这些我一样都做不到 |
[11:46] | Forget this. | 不管了 |
[11:48] | I’m done cooking with my dad. | 我现在已经不跟着我爸干了 |
[11:52] | You need to take that attitude to a pie-eating contest | 你应该把这种态度留到吃派比赛上去 |
[11:54] | Where it belongs! | 这样最合适不过了 |
[12:01] | Mom, which outfit should I wear to j.J.’s? | 妈妈 我应该穿什么去J.J的派对 |
[12:03] | I want something I can knock around in, | 我想穿得随便点 |
[12:05] | But my knees have been ashy lately, | 但我最近膝盖上有灰 |
[12:07] | So shorts are out. | 所以短裤就算了 |
[12:10] | Evan, sit down. | 埃文 坐下来 |
[12:11] | There’s something I have to tell you. | 我要告诉你件事情 |
[12:13] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[12:15] | I… | 我 |
[12:19] | I have to get gas on the way to j.J.’s. | 在去J.J那之前我要先去加个油 |
[12:22] | Oh, then we need to leave 10 minutes earlier. | 噢 那我们得提前十分钟出发 |
[12:24] | I better hustle into the shower. | 我要赶快去冲个澡 |
[12:28] | The mobil on 5th is 10 cents cheaper. | 美孚五号的汽油要便宜十分钱 |
[12:31] | Emery, we have to get you a cat bell. | 埃默里 看来要在你身上装个铃铛了 |
[12:33] | Announce yourself when I come into the room. | 我进房间的时候你怎么不告诉我一声 |
[12:36] | Good god! | 老天爷啊 |
[12:37] | Ohh! Hmm. | 噢 |
[12:42] | Hello, helen. Evan is here. | 你好 海伦 埃文来了 |
[12:44] | You guys, I’m here! | 大家好 我来了 |
[12:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么啊 |
[12:48] | You can’t just crash my son’s birthday party. | 你不能就这么直接毁掉我儿子的生日 |
[12:50] | Evan doesn’t deserve to miss out | 埃文不该受到这样的待遇 |
[12:52] | Because you have a problem with me. | 请不要把你和我之间的恩怨 |
[12:54] | We shouldn’t make this about us. | 横加在小孩子身上 |
[12:56] | No, we shouldn’t, because it’s not about us. | 确实 我们不该这样 但这和我们无关 |
[12:58] | It’s about evan. | 这是埃文的问题 |
[12:59] | What are you talking about. | 你在说什么 |
[13:02] | That’s why I didn’t want him here. | 那就是我为什么不想让他来的原因 |
[13:04] | See for yourself. | 你自己看看 |
[13:05] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[13:06] | You’re doing it wrong. | 你不该这么做 |
[13:08] | What are pirate lego men doing at a construction site? | 海盗乐高小人在建筑工地里有什么意义 |
[13:12] | Tear this down and start again. | 推翻了重来吧 |
[13:14] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[13:16] | My son is a gentle spirit, | 我儿子是个很温柔的人 |
[13:17] | And I don’t like the way your son treats him. | 我不喜欢你儿子在他旁边指手画脚 |
[13:19] | That’s why I didn’t want him here. | 这就是我不让他来的原因 |
[13:21] | My job is to protect j.J. From your little bossy boots. | 我的职责是让J.J远离你那个蛮横的小暴君 |
[13:25] | Evan’s not bossy boots! | 埃文才不是蛮横的暴君 |
[13:27] | He’s angel boots! | 他是个小天使 |
[13:30] | What…On earth… Is that? | 这到底是什么玩意 |
[13:33] | -It’s the -don’t say it’s the sun. | -这是 -别告诉我这是太阳 |
[13:40] | Evan was really bossing his friend around? | 埃文真的对朋友颐指气使吗 |
[13:42] | Sweet little evan in his cute, little khakis? | 穿着可爱卡其裤的小甜心埃文 |
[13:45] | The ones with the pleats, yes. | 上面还有可爱的小褶子 对 就是他 |
[13:46] | I just don’t know where he learns this type of behavior. | 我只是搞不懂他从哪学到的这些举止 |
[13:50] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑 对吧 |
[13:52] | He gets it from you, jessica. | 他跟你学的 杰西卡 |
[13:54] | What?! No, he doesn’t. | 什么 不 他才没有 |
[13:56] | Yes, he does. | 就是这样的 |
[13:58] | -I think he just looks up to you — you’re not doing it right. | -我觉得他很崇拜你 -你不该怎么做 |
[14:01] | -Sorry? -Your sandwich | -什么 -你的三明治 |
[14:03] | The mustard needs to go on the bread first | 要先加芥末酱才对 |
[14:05] | To form a moisture barrier between it and the tomato. | 这样就能把面包和番茄隔开了 |
[14:08] | Tear it down. Start again. | 拆开 再重新来一遍 |
[14:12] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的上帝啊 |
[14:14] | You’ve never made a proper sandwich. | 你从来没做好过一个三明治 |
[14:17] | Or you’re bossy. | 或者是你太爱指使人 |
[14:20] | You just love pointing out people’s mistakes. | 你眼里容不下沙子 |
[14:24] | I thought that was a compliment. | 我一直以为你是在夸我 |
[14:27] | Good afternoon, orlando. | 下午好 奥兰多 |
[14:30] | This is “Good morning, orlando.” | 这里是《朝闻奥兰多》 |
[14:32] | And let me tell you, mey-mey, | 我告诉你 梅梅 |
[14:32] | 格斯 梅梅 朝闻奥兰多 | |
[14:33] | We are having an awful lot of fun here at no-co. | 我们在今天的比赛上玩得超级开心 |
[14:37] | Not really, gus, but what can you do? | 别装了 格斯 但还能怎样呢 |
[14:38] | You got to go where they send you. | 电视台让我们往东 我们就不能往西 |
[14:41] | Now let’s meet the judges | 好了 来见见评委吧 |
[14:42] | Who will be awarding the coveted golden stockpot | 谁将会最终胜出 获得那令人垂涎的 |
[14:45] | To the winner. | 金牌汤锅呢 |
[14:46] | Hi. Hello! | 嗨 大家好 |
[14:48] | It’s us. That’s right. | 又是咱们 没错 |
[14:49] | Not only are we reporting on the chili, | 我们不仅是主持人 |
[14:51] | But we’re also judging it. | 还是这次比赛的评委哦 |
[14:53] | Ohh, things are about to get caliente! | 噢 比赛越来越白热化了 |
[14:56] | I see you brought your golden stockpots. | 我看见你带来了金汤锅奖杯 |
[15:00] | Ah, I only brought them to hold down my banner. | 哈 我只是用它们来固定我的横幅 |
[15:03] | 马文 5届金牌汤锅冠军 | |
[15:05] | Are you posing for a picture, marvin? | 马文 你是在摆造型准备拍照吗 |
[15:07] | Oh, just in case someone wants to take one. | 噢 我只是在做好被拍的准备 |
[15:11] | -Here you go. -Ha. Thanks. | -给你 -哈 谢谢 |
[15:13] | Mm-hmm. Official list of all your competitors. | 嗯哼 这是所有参赛者的正式名单 |
[15:15] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[15:16] | Wow, there’s a lot of entries on here. | 哇 好多入围者啊 |
[15:19] | Big daddy huang? | 黄老爹 |
[15:21] | That’s not right. I’m louis’ five alarm. That’s me. | 不对 我明明是叫路易斯五级火警 |
[15:24] | I’m big daddy huang. | 我是黄老爹 |
[15:26] | -What? -Sorry, dad. | -什么 -对不起 老爸 |
[15:28] | I’m done being your apprentice. | 我已经受够当你的学徒了 |
[15:30] | We’ve been cooking for three days. | 我们只在一起做了三天的辣酱 |
[15:32] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:33] | And you didn’t take a single one of my ideas. | 但是你从来都把我的话当成耳旁风 |
[15:35] | I’m not about that. | 我的能力远不止如此 |
[15:36] | I got to break these chains. | 我要挣脱这些枷锁 |
[15:38] | Fine, you want to make your own chili? | 好吧 你想做你自己的辣酱 |
[15:40] | Like the french candle says in “Beauty and the beast,” | 就像《美女与野兽》里的法国蜡烛人说的 |
[15:43] | “Be my guest.” | “你请自便” |
[16:17] | -Emery, go get us some tums from the tums tent. -On it. | -埃默里 去那边买点抗胃酸钙片 -好的 |
[16:22] | Let’s sit down for a minute, okay? | 我们先去坐坐吧 好吗 |
[16:27] | I saw you at j.J.’s party. | 我看见你在J.J的派对里 |
[16:29] | I saw you, too. | 我也看见你了 |
[16:30] | You brought me there. | 不是你把我送过去的吗 |
[16:32] | No, I mean I saw the way you were talking to him, | 不 我是说我看见你和他说话的样子了 |
[16:34] | Bossing him around like that, | 对他指手画脚 |
[16:36] | Forcing him to start over, | 强制他重新搭乐高 |
[16:38] | Making him change his outfit. | 命令他换掉衣服 |
[16:39] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:41] | And I know why. | 我知道原因 |
[16:43] | You’re trying to be like me because you worship me. | 你想变得和我一样 因为你崇拜我 |
[16:46] | No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[16:47] | -Yes, you do. -I don’t. | -你不要否认了 -我没有 |
[16:49] | You do. You worship your mommy. | 你就是的 你崇拜妈妈 |
[16:51] | I am your shining star, | 我是你夜空中最亮的星 |
[16:53] | And you want to be just like me. | 你一直想变成我的样子 |
[16:54] | Why else would you boss your friend around like that? | 不然你为什么老是指使你的朋友 |
[16:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:58] | I guess because he listens to me. | 我想是因为只有他会听我的 |
[16:59] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[17:00] | No one at home ever listens to me. | 在家里没有一个人听我说的话 |
[17:02] | Of course we do. | 我们都会听啊 |
[17:04] | We listen to you. | 我们听你说的话啊 |
[17:05] | No, you don’t. | 不 你们没有 |
[17:06] | After dinner, can we watch “Caroline in the city”? | 吃完晚饭我们可以看《欢乐俏女郎》吗 |
[17:09] | What? No way. | 什么 才不要 |
[17:10] | Dad, can I have your old briefcase? | 老爸 我可以用你的旧公文包吗 |
[17:12] | But you already have a backpack. | 但是你已经有一个书包了 |
[17:13] | I didn’t have a briefcase until I was 30. | 我到三十岁的时候才有公文包呢 |
[17:18] | Huh? | 哈 |
[17:20] | the garfield. | 加菲猫 |
[17:23] | Why didn’t you tell me you felt this way? | 你为什么不告诉我们你的感受呢 |
[17:24] | Because you wouldn’t have listened. | 因为你们反正也不会听啊 |
[17:28] | I guess sometimes it’s hard being the youngest. | 我想最小的孩子过得最艰难吧 |
[17:34] | Hey. I know how you feel. | 嘿 我知道你的感受 |
[17:37] | Your aunt connie never listened to me. | 你的康妮阿姨从来不会听我的 |
[17:40] | That’s why her life is such a mess now. | 这就是为什么现在她的生活过得一团糟 |
[17:44] | I bought all the regular-strength tums. | 我买了所有的温和型抗胃酸钙片 |
[17:47] | Exchange them for extra strength? | 把它们换成特强型的 |
[17:49] | Yes. | 好 |
[17:54] | Where are all your measuring cups? | 你的量杯在哪里 |
[17:56] | Up here. Want a taste? | 在这儿 想尝点吗 |
[18:03] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[18:04] | Eddie, that’s delicious. | 埃迪 很好吃啊 |
[18:07] | There’s no way you made this from scratch. | 肯定不是第一次做了 |
[18:10] | Gather around. Where’s the intern? | 大家都过来 实习生在哪儿 |
[18:12] | I need another towel. | 我还需要一条毛巾 |
[18:14] | Ashley! | 阿什利 |
[18:15] | All right, everyone, | 大家好 |
[18:16] | Before we announce our finalists, | 在我们公布决赛选手名单之前 |
[18:18] | We have some unfortunate news. | 有一些坏消息 |
[18:20] | An entrant has been disqualified | 一位选手因为使用 |
[18:22] | – For using pre-cooked meat. – I knew it. | -事先煮过的肉而被取消资格 -我就知道 |
[18:26] | That’s right, gus. | 没错 格斯 |
[18:27] | It’s Marvin! | 那位选手是马文 |
[18:30] | Apparently, Marvin not only told us, | 显然 马文不仅告诉了我们 |
[18:32] | But fed us… | 也给我们带了 |
[18:34] | A whopper. | 汉堡王 |
[18:36] | I did it for the chili. | 我这么做是为了辣酱 |
[18:38] | Take him away. | 把他带走 |
[18:39] | I can walk. | 我自己能走 |
[18:42] | You all ate it and loved it! | 你们都吃了 还很喜欢 |
[18:44] | None of us are innocent. | 我们没人是清白的 |
[18:46] | And now let’s move on to the three finalists. | 现在宣布三位决赛选手 |
[18:48] | First we have… | 第一个是 |
[18:51] | Louis’ five alarm! | 路易斯五级火警 |
[18:53] | Yeah, louis! Delicious. | 路易斯真棒 辣酱很好吃噢 |
[18:55] | next we have big daddy huang! | 下一个是黄老爹 |
[18:58] | Whoo! | 哇呜 |
[18:59] | And lastly, gloria’s chili! | 最后是格洛丽亚的辣酱 |
[19:02] | Whoo! | 哇呜 |
[19:03] | Gloria! Gloria! | 格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚 |
[19:05] | And the golden stockpot goes to… | 金牌汤锅赢家是 |
[19:16] | Looks great, doesn’t it? | 看上去很棒 是不是 |
[19:18] | I can’t believe gloria just gave it to us. | 我不敢相信格洛丽亚直接把它给了我们 |
[19:20] | Well, lucky for us, she thinks pride is a sin. | 我们运气好 她认为奖品是罪恶的 |
[19:23] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[19:24] | You know, I have to say | 我必须得说 |
[19:25] | I was really impressed with your chili. | 你做的辣酱真棒 |
[19:27] | – Really?! – How’d you learn to do that? | -真的吗 -你怎么学会的 |
[19:29] | I guess I just know food. | 我想大概是我懂食物吧 |
[19:31] | Thanks for teaching me the basics. | 谢谢你教了我基本的手艺 |
[19:33] | Oh, the basics? | 基本的 |
[19:35] | okay. | 好吧 |
[19:36] | It has been brought to my attention | 我注意到 |
[19:39] | That evan feels like nobody listens to him around here. | 埃文觉得没人听他说话 |
[19:43] | So tonight, | 所以今晚 |
[19:44] | He gets to choose what we drink with dinner. | 让他来选我们晚餐喝什么 |
[19:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:47] | Why does he get to choose? | 为什么让他来选 |
[19:52] | You will all drink what evan decides, and you will like it! | 埃文选什么 你就喝什么 你们会喜欢的 |
[19:55] | Okay, go ahead, evan. | 好吧 你选吧 埃文 |
[19:57] | Anything you want. | 想选什么都行 |
[19:58] | I choose… | 我选择 |
[20:01] | Shirley temples. | 邓波儿鸡尾酒 |
[20:02] | Ohh. | 噢 |
[20:03] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[20:04] | It’s 7-up with grenadine and cherries. | 加了红石榴和樱桃的七喜 |
[20:06] | I don’t have any of those ingredients, so… | 我们没有这些原料 所以 |
[20:08] | Then we’ll just have passion fruit nectar. | 那么我们就喝西番莲露吧 |
[20:11] | Strawberry fanta? | 或者草莓芬达 |
[20:13] | Ginger fizz-bit? | 生姜气泡鸡尾酒 |
[20:20] | Hi, J.J. | 嘿 J.J |
[20:21] | Hi, evan. | 嘿 埃文 |
[20:22] | It’s 362 days until my birthday. | 距离我生日还有362天 |
[20:25] | I’ll time out my haircuts | 那我不剪头发了 |
[20:26] | So I can get one the day before. | 我在你生日前一天剪 |
[20:28] | Oh. | 喔 |
[20:30] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[20:31] | It’s a picture of my brother. | 这是我弟弟的照片 |
[20:33] | We can’t have a dog because of his allergies. | 我们不能养狗 因为他过敏 |
[20:36] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[20:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:39] | You don’t think there’s anything I should change? | 你不认为我应该做些改变吗 |
[20:41] | No, it’s great. | 不需要 很好 |
[20:47] | Nice hard backpack. | 硬书包真不错 |