时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Big windows, lots of light, finished basement. | 这里有宽敞的窗户 充足的光线 和装修完美的地下室哦 |
[00:04] | Why has this place been sitting on the market so long? | 那这个地方为什么这么久都没卖出去 |
[00:07] | It’s a buyer’s market, as we have discovered. | 我们都知道 现在可是买家市场 |
[00:10] | Tough time to sell. | 房子很难卖出去的 |
[00:12] | Is that why you reduced the price several times? | 这就是你们多次降价的原因吗 |
[00:17] | You’re really getting a steal. | 你真是捡了个大便宜 |
[00:19] | Oh, I saw the patchwork in the basement. | 我看地下室那里有些杂物 |
[00:20] | You have termite trouble? | 这房子有白蚁吗 |
[00:24] | Termites? | 白蚁啊 |
[00:25] | Well, this house is such a hospitable environment, | 这个嘛 这座房子环境这么宜人 |
[00:28] | who wouldn’t want to live here? | 谁不想住在这儿 你说是吧 |
[00:31] | So, what do you say? | 所以买还是不买 |
[00:33] | You know, you’ve done a good job renovating, | 你们的修补工作做得不错 |
[00:35] | and it’s a great deal, so… | 这笔买卖很划算 所以 |
[00:39] | – I’ll take it. – Oh! | -我要了 -哦 |
[00:42] | Ooh, yeah! | 哦也 |
[00:43] | Smart! | 太好了 |
[00:44] | You and your family will be very, very happy here. | 你和你的家人会在这里住得很开心的 |
[00:47] | Oh. Oh, no. I’m not gonna live here. | 哦不 我不会住在这里 |
[00:49] | I’m gonna rent it out. | 我会把它租出去 |
[00:50] | In this market, renting’s where the real money’s at. | 在房地产市场中 出租房屋才是最赚钱的 |
[00:53] | This place is gonna pay for itself a dozen times over. | 这座房子的租金收入会超出实际价值的几倍 |
[00:58] | – Get out of my house! – All right! | -滚出我的房子 -好吧 |
[01:00] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[01:24] | Jessica, we’ve been trying to sell this house for months. | 杰西卡 我们这几个月以来都在想尽办法卖掉这座房子 |
[01:27] | We’ve been through Halloween vandals, | 我们经历了万圣节破坏者 |
[01:29] | black mold, termites. | 黑霉病 还有白蚁 |
[01:30] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[01:31] | And after all that, we’re only gonna break even. | 经历了这些之后 我们却损失了更多 |
[01:34] | We’re supposed to make money on this house. | 我们应该在这座房子上赚钱的 |
[01:38] | And if we rent it out, we will. | 所以方法就是 我们把房子租出去 |
[01:41] | “We” Rent it out? | 我们 把房子租出去 |
[01:42] | That man was right. | 那个人说得没错 |
[01:44] | Why buy a sickly cow and fatten it up | 买了一头病牛 好不容易把它养肥 |
[01:47] | and then sell it for beans? | 为啥要卖了它换豆子呢 |
[01:48] | No. | 不 |
[01:49] | You milk that cow every month… | 我们明明可以每个月从那头牛身上挤奶的 |
[01:52] | for 300 years. | 挤300年 |
[01:54] | But we don’t know anything about being landlords. | 但是我们没做过房东 |
[01:57] | You have to find tenants, hire a real-estate attorney, | 你得找到租客 雇佣一个地产律师 |
[01:59] | contracts, credit checks, handyman… | 还有合同 信贷审核 杂务工 |
[02:01] | Eh, that’s all fluff. | 那都是小事情 |
[02:03] | We just need to find the right tenants. | 我们只需要找到合适的租客 |
[02:05] | I will take care of everything. | 其他的我会处理好的 |
[02:07] | All you have to do is sit back | 你只需要坐在这里 |
[02:10] | and let the rent checks roll in. | 让租客入住就行了 |
[02:16] | Oh, I love doing crosswords with you. | 我真喜欢和你做猜字谜的游戏 |
[02:18] | Such a great way for us to spend time together. | 这是我们一起消磨时光的好方法 |
[02:20] | Dad! We found the missing TV remote! | 老爸 我们发现了失踪的电视遥控器 |
[02:22] | Oh, thank God. These are so boring. | 谢天谢地 这些太无聊了 |
[02:24] | Where was it? | 它在哪儿 |
[02:25] | This was a tough case. | 这次的案件很复杂 |
[02:27] | Some remotes don’t want to be found. | 遥控器可能不想被发现 |
[02:29] | First, we had to rule out the obvious suspects… | 首先 我们必须排除明显的嫌疑人 |
[02:31] | Couch cushions, the magazine holder in the bathroom, | 沙发垫 浴室里面的杂志盒 |
[02:34] | Grandma… But they all checked out. | 还有奶奶身上 但是我们都检查过了 |
[02:36] | So where was it? | 那么是在哪儿找到的 |
[02:38] | You left it in the pantry. | 你把它忘在食品储藏室里了 |
[02:40] | The… pantry? That’s… odd. | 食品储藏室 真奇怪 |
[02:42] | I…don’t go in the pantry. | 我不去食品储藏室啊 |
[02:43] | I believe you do go in the pantry… | 我推测你确实去过 |
[02:46] | To cry after you watch a certain movie called “Babe.” | 在看了一场叫做《宝贝》的电影后去那儿大哭 |
[02:50] | “That’ll do, pig. | 那就说得通了 |
[02:51] | That’ll do.” | 那就说得通了 |
[02:54] | Well you found the remote. | 好吧 既然你们找到了遥控器 |
[02:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[02:57] | Here’s a little something for your trouble. | 这是一点小意思 |
[03:01] | Thanks, but we don’t do it for the money. | 谢谢 但是我们这么做不是为了钱 |
[03:03] | We do it for justice. | 我们是为了正义 |
[03:05] | But w-we’ll take the money, though. | 不过我们也会收下钱 |
[03:06] | Another cased solved by The Huang Boys… | 黄氏兄弟又破了一宗案件 |
[03:09] | A perfect nine for nine. | 简直是完美侦探 |
[03:11] | Tell your friends. | 告诉你的朋友 |
[03:13] | “Tell your friends.” | 告诉你的朋友 |
[03:17] | Yo, Dad, since you’re handing out free money, | 嘿 老爸 既然你开始发零花钱了 |
[03:19] | this is the Ironman watch, and I need it on my body. | 这是天美时手表 我需要一块 |
[03:23] | It has a lap timer, a stainlesssteel case back, | 它有圈速 不锈钢底盖 |
[03:26] | and it’s water-resistant up to 100 meters. | 在100米水下还可以防水 |
[03:32] | Aaaaaaaah! | 啊 |
[03:36] | Ohhh. | 哦 |
[03:37] | So you’re a watch guy, like your old man. | 这么说你很喜欢手表 就像你老爹我一样 |
[03:40] | I remember my first… | 我记得我的第一块 |
[03:41] | Gold Casio, mini calculator, programmable alarm. | 卡西欧金表 迷你计算装置 可程控的闹钟 |
[03:46] | You should have seen it. | 你真应该看看的 |
[03:47] | Oh, wait. You can see it. | 等等 你现在就可以看 |
[03:49] | Because it’s right here. | 因为它就在这儿 |
[03:51] | Ah. Listen to her sing. | 听 她的声音 |
[03:53] | That’s the gentle tweeting of a punctual robot bird. | 宛如一只守时的机器小鸟轻柔的叫声 |
[03:58] | I knew you’d feel me, Dad. | 我知道你懂我的 老爹 |
[03:59] | So, want to give me cash or… | 所以你想给我现金 还是 |
[04:16] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:18] | So… why should I rent to you? | 那么 我为什么要租给你呢 |
[04:21] | Because I’m a family man, and my kids come first. | 因为我是一个居家男人 我把孩子放在第一位 |
[04:23] | I work for a nonprofit. | 我为一个非盈利机构工作 |
[04:24] | I served three tours in the Navy, | 我有三次海军服役经历 |
[04:26] | and I’m now teaching… | 我现在教 |
[04:27] | I’m Jordan. This is my wife, Raquel. | 我是乔丹 这是我的妻子 拉克尔 |
[04:29] | We filled out your application | 我们填了你的申请表 |
[04:30] | and included our college transcripts and LSAT scores. | 包括了我们的大学成绩单和法学院入学考试的分数 |
[04:32] | Hope that’s okay. | 希望能有所帮助 |
[04:33] | LSATs? So you’re lawyers? | 法学院入学考试 你们是律师吗 |
[04:35] | Well, we’re not in law anymore. | 我们不再从事法律工作了 |
[04:37] | We’re in medicine now. It’s just much more lucrative. | 我们现在从事医学 因为更赚钱 |
[04:41] | I suppose it is. | 我也这么认为 |
[04:42] | Um, okay. No pets? | 额 没养宠物吧 |
[04:44] | Nonsmokers? | 有人吸烟吗 |
[04:45] | No weekend jazz bands? | 有周末爵士乐队吗 |
[04:48] | You seem perfect. | 你们看上去很合适 |
[04:50] | A little too perfect. | 有些太合适了 |
[04:52] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[04:54] | she deserves to know. | 你还是应该告诉她 |
[04:56] | I knew it. What is it? | 我就知道 什么事 |
[04:57] | We never want to have kids. | 我们不想要孩子 |
[05:08] | Father, I’d just like to follow up | 父亲 我想继续 |
[05:10] | on our conversation yesterday. | 我们昨天的谈话 |
[05:12] | You’re very close to me right now. | 你现在离我太近了 |
[05:14] | While I explained the benefits of watch ownership, | 当我解释拥有一块手表的好处时 |
[05:16] | I didn’t tell you all the ways | 我忘了告诉你 |
[05:17] | that not having a watch is ruining my life. | 没有手表会毁了我的生活 |
[05:20] | Could you just back up an inch? | 你可以退后一些吗 |
[05:23] | When we’re ordering pizza, | 当我们点披萨时 |
[05:24] | I have no idea if it takes 30 minutes or less. | 我不知道是花了30分钟还是更少 |
[05:27] | I’m like, “You’re late.” | 如果我说 你迟到了 |
[05:28] | The guy’s like, “Where’s your proof?” | 别人会说 你的证据呢 |
[05:29] | And I’m like, “Right here. | 然后我说 就在这儿啊 |
[05:31] | Oh.” | 哦 |
[05:32] | Eddie, don’t make everything about pizza. | 艾迪 别什么都谈到披萨 |
[05:35] | This is about responsibility. | 这关乎责任 |
[05:36] | I know if I buy you that watch, | 我知道如果我给你买了手表 |
[05:37] | you’ll wear it for one day, then toss it aside. | 你就会戴一天 然后收起来 |
[05:40] | I promise I won’t. | 我保证不会 |
[05:41] | I’ll tell you what… | 这样吧 |
[05:43] | If you can take care of my watch for one week | 如果你可以照顾我的手表一周 |
[05:45] | and prove to me that you’re responsible, | 并向我证明你是有责任心的人 |
[05:47] | then maybe I’ll think about buying you an Ironman watch. | 那么我会考虑给你买一块天美时手表 |
[05:50] | Yes! Deal! | 好的 成交 |
[05:52] | Now, let me just give you a quick lay of the land. | 现在 我先大概跟你讲讲注意事项 |
[05:54] | Watch out for her light. It’s a little fickle. | 注意她的光泽 它变幻无常 |
[05:56] | She feeds on arm hair, so be careful. | 她会绞到手毛 这点要小心 |
[05:58] | The 7 button on the calculator is broken, | 计算装置上的按钮7坏了 |
[06:00] | so you have to add the 3 and 4 first. | 所以你应该先将3和4加起来 |
[06:02] | Or 2 and 5. However you want to do it. | 或者2和5 随你怎么做 |
[06:04] | I don’t want to micromanage that. | 我不会干涉你的选择 |
[06:05] | Or 8 minus 1. Whatever. User’s choice. | 或者八减一 怎么样都行 这是你的选择 |
[06:12] | You get a Chipwich, and you get a Chipwich! | 这是你的冰淇淋三明治 这是你的冰淇淋三明治 |
[06:15] | Do you know why it is raining Chipwiches? | 你们知道为什么天上掉三明治吗 |
[06:17] | Because I just found us the perfect renters. | 因为我刚刚找到了完美的租客 |
[06:22] | You did? | 真的吗 |
[06:23] | Just deposited their check in my account. | 他们刚刚把支票存进我的银行账户 |
[06:25] | I’ll write you both checks for your share! | 我马上给你们写支票分红 |
[06:29] | This is my money that I earned. | 这是我自己挣的钱 |
[06:32] | It’s not Marvin’s money. It’s my money. | 不是马文的钱 是我自己的钱 |
[06:34] | I got Honey money. | 是我哈尼的钱 |
[06:35] | Good thing I convinced you both to invest in the property | 幸亏我当初说服了你们两个投资房地产 |
[06:39] | and convinced you both to rent it out, | 并且把它租出去吧 |
[06:41] | because I’m a visionary. | 我真是一个有远见的人 |
[06:42] | Oprah. | 就像欧普拉 |
[06:44] | Gayles. | 和盖尔斯 |
[06:48] | Huang residence. | 这里是黄家 |
[06:49] | Is this Mrs. Huang? | 你是黄太太吗 |
[06:50] | Yes, this is she. | 是的 我就是 |
[06:51] | I’m calling to inform you | 我打电话来是想通知你 |
[06:53] | that the check you just deposited bounced. | 你刚刚存进银行的支票被拒付了 |
[06:57] | What? | 你说什么 |
[06:59] | I don’t understand. | 我不太明白你的意思 |
[07:00] | I know it’s confusing. | 我知道这很令人困惑 |
[07:02] | The word “Bounce” Seems so positive… | 拒付这个词听起来很积极向上 |
[07:04] | Like Tigger. | 就像跳跳虎 |
[07:06] | I don’t understand | 我还是不太明白 |
[07:07] | how my ear appointment can be approaching. | 为什么我预约的耳朵检查时间快到了 |
[07:10] | It feels like it was just yesterday. | 感觉像是我昨天才预约的 |
[07:12] | Okay, well, bye. | 好吧 嗯 再见 |
[07:15] | Come on, come on. Write our checks. | 来吧 来吧 给我们写支票 |
[07:19] | Yes. | 好的 |
[07:24] | Yes. | 好的 |
[07:25] | Your checks. Ha ha. | 你们的支票 哈 哈 |
[07:27] | Here… you… | 这 就 |
[07:37] | Go. | 给你 |
[07:44] | Yes! Thank you. | 太好啦 谢谢 |
[07:50] | Oh! | 噢 |
[07:51] | – Hi, Jessica. – Hey. | -嗨 杰西卡 -嗨 |
[07:53] | Hi. So, there’s been some kind of a mistake. | 嗨 我想我们之间有些误会 |
[07:55] | The bank called yesterday, | 银行昨天给我打了电话 |
[07:56] | and they said that your check bounced. | 他们说你们的支票被拒付了 |
[08:00] | Oh, you know why? | 噢 你知道为什么嘛 |
[08:01] | That’s probably because there’s no money in our account. | 可能是因为我们账户里面根本没有钱吧 |
[08:03] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s for sure it. | 噢 是的 是的 肯定是这样的 |
[08:06] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:11] | What do you mean, you have no money? | 你们根本没钱 是什么意思 |
[08:13] | – Eh… – Buh… | -额 -啊 |
[08:15] | It’s kind of a long story. | 这个就说来话长了 |
[08:16] | Come in, come in. | 进来吧 进来吧 |
[08:18] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:19] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐一会儿吧 |
[08:22] | We’re having cash-flow problems. | 我们的资金周转出了问题 |
[08:24] | But I thought you were doctors. | 但我以为你们是医生 |
[08:26] | Oh, no. God, no. | 噢 不 天哪 不是的 |
[08:28] | We were enrolled as guinea pigs in these drug trials, | 我们以前是参加那些药物试验的小白鼠 |
[08:30] | but then we got disqualified. | 但是后来我们被取消资格了 |
[08:32] | Yeah, when we said we were in medicine, | 是的 我们所说的在药品行业工作 |
[08:34] | I guess, technically, the medicine was in us. | 我想 严格来说 是药物在我们的身体里工作 |
[08:36] | So, I guess you didn’t go to law school, either? | 你们也没有读过法律学校是吧 |
[08:38] | Oh, no, no, no. We did. We did. | 噢 不不不 我们读过 真的 |
[08:39] | We just… hated it. | 我们只是 很讨厌那里 |
[08:41] | It was so long and boring and expensive, | 读法律学校时间又长又无聊而且还很贵 |
[08:43] | which is why we’re so deep in debt. | 这也是为什么我们现在债台高筑 |
[08:46] | Honestly, we were surprised you rented the house to us, | 老实说 我们也很惊讶你会把房子租给我们 |
[08:48] | especially when you saw our credit report. | 特别是在你看过我们的信用记录之后 |
[08:50] | Fffft! Credit checks are fluff! | 呵 信用审查都是废话 |
[08:52] | This is my credit check… My gut. | 我的直觉 就是我的信用审查 |
[08:55] | Then your gut’s as bad as mine after that trial IBS drug. | 那你的直觉简直和我的肠子一样不好 自从我实验了肠易激综合征的药之后 |
[08:58] | Speaking of, the toilet’s backed up. | 对了 厕所堵了 |
[09:00] | Can we get the number for the handyman? | 能给我们维修工的电话吗 |
[09:01] | Fluff! | 闭嘴 |
[09:03] | You know what? Forget this. | 你知道吗 别做梦了 |
[09:05] | Pack your… | 赶紧收拾你们的 |
[09:06] | Knock, knock! | 咚 咚 |
[09:07] | Didn’t mean to interrupt, | 不是有意打扰你们谈话 |
[09:09] | but we just wanted to stop by and meet the new tenants. | 我们只是刚好路过然后顺便过来看看新房客 |
[09:13] | Yes. These are them… Our perfect tenants. | 好吧 就是他们 我们的完美房客 |
[09:16] | Jessica’s been raving about you guys. | 杰西卡总是极力称赞你们呢 |
[09:19] | Guess who spent her share on a fancy hat-of-the-month club. | 猜猜谁刚刚用她的租金分红加入了一个很棒的月份帽俱乐部 |
[09:29] | Protected by Viper. Stand back. | 此车受蝰蛇保护 退后 |
[09:31] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[09:33] | Want to come in and play “Geese Lord”? | 想和我们一起玩游戏吗 |
[09:35] | You know what? We would love to, but we just can’t. | 我们很乐意和你们一起玩 但是恐怕不行 |
[09:39] | We’re very, very busy. | 我们现在非常非常忙 |
[09:47] | So, apparently, my dad | 所以 我爸爸显然是 |
[09:48] | has been sending letters to our old address, | 一直把信寄到我们原来的房子那儿 |
[09:50] | but, honestly, he’s been gone from my life for so long now, | 但是 老实说 他离开我的生活实在太久了 |
[09:53] | I wonder if I even want him around. | 我甚至怀疑我是不是真的想要他陪在我身边 |
[09:54] | How do you miss someone who… | 你是怎么样思念一个 |
[09:56] | Hold up! | 等等 |
[09:56] | Where’s my watch?! | 我的手表在哪里 |
[09:57] | Where’s my dad?! | 我的爸爸在哪里 |
[10:09] | I lost Dad’s watch! | 我把爸爸的手表弄丢了 |
[10:11] | Give us all the details. | 告诉我们所有细节 |
[10:12] | I had taken it off to shower on Saturday. | 星期天的时候我把手表取下来去洗澡 |
[10:14] | I know I put it in a safe place… | 我记得我把它放在了一个安全的地方 |
[10:15] | On top of G-Dubs. | 就放在吉达斯身上 |
[10:17] | One witness… Toy glowworm. | 一个目击证人 萤火虫玩具 |
[10:19] | And then, I don’t remember. | 然后 我就不记得了 |
[10:21] | I don’t know if I put it back on afterwards. | 我不确定我洗完澡之后有没有再戴上它 |
[10:23] | Maybe. I don’t know! | 也许戴了 我不知道 |
[10:25] | Client’s memory unreliable. | 客户记忆不可靠 |
[10:27] | Possible victim of amnesia. | 也许是失忆症患者 |
[10:30] | The Huang Boys are on the case. | 现在黄氏兄弟接手了这起案子 |
[10:32] | We need to dust for fingerprints. | 我们需要粉末进行指纹取证 |
[10:34] | I’ll get the flower. | 我去拿些花来 |
[10:37] | Need a ride? | 坐顺风车吗 |
[10:38] | Oh, is that… | 噢 这就是 |
[10:40] | My leased Probe? | 我租来的福特探针跑车 |
[10:41] | Yes. Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 它就是 |
[10:43] | She’s got a full tank of gas. | 它可有满满一箱油 |
[10:44] | If we wanted, we could probably make it | 只要我们想 我们甚至能一路 |
[10:46] | all the way to N’awlins. | 开到新奥尔良 |
[10:48] | Oh. I can’t. | 噢 现在不行 |
[10:49] | Uh, I-I have to go check on the tenants. | 额 我 我要去看看房客的情况 |
[10:51] | Turns out there’s a little plumbing issue. | 他们发现房子的管道好像有点问题 |
[10:54] | Oh, no. Well, then, I’ll come help. | 不会吧 那我也来帮忙 |
[10:56] | Oh, no! No, no, no. It’s fine. I got it. | 噢 不 不用了 没关系的 我能处理好 |
[10:58] | I was gonna go anyway, because… | 我本来也是要去看他们的 因为 |
[11:02] | I got them a welcome gift basket. | 我给他们买了一个见面礼果篮 |
[11:04] | Oh, perfect! I’ll give it to them. | 噢 太好了 我会把这个带给他们的 |
[11:06] | Oh, that’s so nice of you to think of this. | 噢 你能考虑到这个真是太好了 |
[11:08] | You know, that’s why we’re great partners… | 你懂的 这就是为什么我们能成为很棒的合伙人 |
[11:10] | Because you think of these kind of things. | 因为你总是能考虑到这些事情 |
[11:12] | Now, go to N’awlins, you nosy bitch! | 现在 出发去新奥尔良吧 小八婆 |
[11:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:20] | Hi. How’s it going? | 嗨 最近怎么样啊 |
[11:22] | Oh! | 噢 |
[11:23] | Hey, Jessica. | 嗨 杰西卡 |
[11:25] | I was just trying to drive beers into the living room. | 我在尝试把啤酒小车开到客厅 |
[11:27] | What’s up? | 有什么事嘛 |
[11:28] | If you have money to waste | 如果你们有钱浪费在 |
[11:30] | on pizza and video games and tiny cars, | 点披萨租游戏和买遥控车上 |
[11:33] | you have money for rent. | 那你们也有钱用来交房租 |
[11:35] | Move. | 让开 |
[11:41] | No more cable. Nonessential. | 以后没有有线电视了 没有必要 |
[11:43] | No more takeout. Make your own food. | 也没有外卖了 你们自己做饭吃 |
[11:47] | This is a schedule for the Florida bar. | 这是一份弗罗里达洲律师协会的日程安排表 |
[11:50] | You’re gonna hit the books and pass it. | 你们要认真读书然后通过协会的考试 |
[11:53] | Get real jobs. | 找一份真正的工作 |
[11:54] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 也行 |
[11:55] | Yeah, I mean, we’re not good with money, | 嗯 我是说 我们不太擅长赚钱 |
[11:57] | so this is actually really helpful. | 所以这肯定会对我们有很大的帮助 |
[11:58] | And until you pay me what you owe me, | 还有 直到你们还清你们欠我的租金之前 |
[12:01] | you’re the handyman. | 你就是修理工 |
[12:02] | Fix the toilet yourself. | 自己修好厕所吧 |
[12:03] | And fix up the place while you’re at it. | 修理完之后再好好收拾一下房子 |
[12:06] | Add value. | 给房子增值 |
[12:07] | Maybe a blueberry patch. | 一块小型蓝莓果园就很好 |
[12:10] | – Yeah. – Mm-hmm. | -是的 -嗯哼 |
[12:14] | Sorry, G-Dubs. We’re almost done. | 抱歉 吉达斯 我们马上就取好证了 |
[12:16] | I think he likes it. | 我觉得它喜欢这样 |
[12:21] | Boys, I need your help. | 孩子们 我需要你们的帮助 |
[12:23] | I lost Eddie’s watch. | 我把埃迪的表搞丢了 |
[12:24] | Twist. | 案情大反转 |
[12:27] | Talk to us. | 说说吧 |
[12:27] | Well, on Saturday, | 好的 在星期六的时候 |
[12:29] | I walked past Eddie’s room | 我经过埃迪的房间 |
[12:30] | and saw he had carelessly left my watch lying on his bed. | 然后看到他粗心大意把我的手表丢在了床上 |
[12:33] | So I took it to teach him a lesson. | 所以我就把手表拿走了 想给他一个教训 |
[12:35] | And then I lost it. | 再然后我就把它弄丢了 |
[12:37] | Possible irony. | 有点讽刺 |
[12:38] | Dad, Eddie took off the watch | 爸爸 埃迪摘下手表 |
[12:40] | because it was his shower day. | 是因为那天是他的洗澡日 |
[12:41] | His shower day is on Sunday. | 他的洗澡日不是星期天么 |
[12:43] | He switched it to Saturdays | 他把时间提前到星期六了 |
[12:44] | because he gets so worked up during “American Gladiators.” | 因为他玩美国角斗士的时候实在太激动了 |
[12:51] | Gladiators, ready! | 角斗士 准备 |
[12:53] | Oh, no. He just took it off to shower. | 噢 不 他只是为了洗澡才摘下手表 |
[12:56] | I need you to find that watch before the end of the week. | 我需要你们在这周结束之前找到手表 |
[13:00] | And whatever you do, don’t tell Eddie. | 不管你们做了什么 都不要告诉埃迪 |
[13:01] | Permission to extend bedtime so we can solve the case? | 为了解决案子 我们能推迟睡觉时间么 |
[13:04] | Crime doesn’t sleep, and neither should you. | 案件可不会睡觉 所以你们也不需要 |
[13:13] | The hell? | 什么鬼 |
[13:14] | “Fiduciary.” | “受信托人” |
[13:17] | Why is there a chicken on the front lawn? | 为什么前院的草坪上会有一只鸡 |
[13:18] | Oh. | 噢 |
[13:20] | We took your advice about making our own food to save money, | 我们采纳了你的意见 为了节省钱自己做饭 |
[13:23] | so we got some chickens, | 所以我们买了一些鸡 |
[13:24] | and it cut our breakfast budget to zero. | 把我们的早餐开支减少到了零元 |
[13:26] | What are you… | 你们在 |
[13:27] | Zero? No kidding. | 零元 不会吧 |
[13:29] | We had to pay for the chickens | 我们必须付钱买鸡 |
[13:30] | and the materials to build the coops | 买搭建鸡笼的材料 |
[13:32] | and the food and the vet bills… | 还有鸡食以及兽医医疗费 |
[13:33] | We got them microchipped… | 还在体内植入了芯片 |
[13:35] | So the savings should kick in in about two months. | 所以钱会在两个月之内清还 |
[13:37] | Out! Get out! | 出去 快出去 |
[13:39] | You two are hopeless! | 你们两个真是没救了 |
[13:40] | Pack your bags. I’m evicting you. | 收拾你们的行李 我要驱逐你们 |
[13:42] | Oh, we’re not leaving. | 噢 我们不会走的 |
[13:45] | Mnh. Since you made us study for the bar, | 嗯 自从你让我们苦学法律 |
[13:47] | we remembered that we have these things called rights. | 我们才想起来我们还有公民权 |
[13:49] | Yeah. Legally, you can’t kick us out. | 没错 按照法律你不可以把我们赶走 |
[13:52] | If you did, we could have you arrested. | 如果你想赶走我们 警察会逮捕你哟 |
[13:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:55] | – No hard feelings. – Uh… | -别难过 -呃 |
[13:56] | Here. | 给你 |
[13:57] | These are for you. | 这个送给你 |
[14:02] | Ohh! They’re warm! | 噢 还是热的 |
[14:04] | I don’t want your warm, homemade butt eggs! | 我才不想要你们养的鸡下的该死蛋 |
[14:06] | – You’re gonna love them. – Yeah. | -你会喜欢它们的 -没错 |
[14:18] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:20] | Pull over! | 靠边停下来 |
[14:24] | Yeah, right there. Stay. | 就这里 停下 |
[14:33] | I know I was speeding, but my sister… | 我知道我超速了 但是我姐姐她 |
[14:36] | Oh. Hi, Jessica. | 噢 嗨 杰西卡 |
[14:37] | Officer Bryson, I need your help. | 布莱森警官 我需要你的帮助 |
[14:39] | I’ve got deadbeat law students in my house. | 有一些学法的无赖欠我房租不交 |
[14:42] | I rented the investment property to them, | 我把作为投资的房子租给了他们 |
[14:43] | and they refuse to leave. | 他们赖着不走 |
[14:45] | Oh, so you’ve got squatters. | 噢 看来你遇到非法占据者了 |
[14:47] | That is the perfect disgusting word for what they are. | 用这个词形容他们真是恶心得恰到好处 |
[14:50] | Unfortunately, I can’t help you. | 很不幸 我没法帮你 |
[14:52] | The law is very much on their side. | 法律更偏向他们 |
[14:54] | You can’t just turn them out. | 你不能让他们卷铺盖走人 |
[14:55] | So they can just stay in my house, | 所以他们就可以待在我的房子里 |
[14:57] | not pay rent, | 还不用交房租 |
[14:59] | and I can’t do anything about it? | 而我却无可奈何是吗 |
[15:02] | These people are not my mother-in-law. | 他们又不是我婆婆 |
[15:05] | So, can I go? | 那么 我可以走了吗 |
[15:07] | Just remember… | 记住 |
[15:09] | Driving is a privilege. | 驾驶是一种特权 |
[15:18] | Any progress? We’re running out of time. | 有进展了吗 快来不及了 |
[15:20] | Good news, Dad. We heard back from Casio. | 好消息 爸爸 我们收到了卡西欧的回信 |
[15:22] | Turns out, the watch was manufactured in 1985. | 结果是 这个表生产于1985年 |
[15:25] | Your story checks out. You’re no longer a suspect. | 你的说法可信 你不再是嫌疑人了 |
[15:28] | Guys! What’s going on with… | 大伙儿 事情进行得怎么样了 |
[15:30] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[15:32] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[15:33] | Oh, nothing. Just, uh, coming in to… | 没什么 只是 呃 过来 |
[15:35] | ruffle the hair of my boys. | 摸摸孩子们脑袋关心一下他们 |
[15:39] | Oh, well, I also… came to ruffle. | 噢 没错 我也是 来关心一下他们的 |
[15:45] | There you are. | 没错 |
[15:53] | All right, then. Uh, yeah. I’ll see you later, then. | 那好 呃 待会儿见 |
[15:54] | Yeah, see you around. | 好 待会儿见 |
[15:55] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:00] | You’re sure you want me to shut the power off? | 你确定要我切了电源吗 |
[16:02] | They’ve left me no choice, Jerry. | 我必须这么做 杰里 |
[16:04] | I tried to teach them. They refused to learn. | 我想给他们个教训 但是没用 |
[16:06] | I went to the law. The law turned its back on me. | 我想寻求法律帮助 可是法律也不帮助我 |
[16:09] | Shut it down. | 切了吧 |
[16:12] | Now turn off the water. | 现在把水也断了 |
[16:18] | Now sic this stray cat on the chickens. | 现在把这只流浪猫放到鸡那里 |
[16:28] | She’s got the scent. Send her in. | 她闻到气味了 放下她 |
[16:35] | She’s formulating a plan of attack. | 她正预谋一次突袭 |
[16:38] | Apex predator. | 顶级掠食者 |
[16:47] | No. | 不 |
[16:48] | Candlelight is so romantic. | 烛光真浪漫 |
[16:50] | And who needs water when we have margaritas? | 有了玛格丽特酒 谁还要什么水呢 |
[16:54] | No ice, so they’re room-temp, just like in Mexico. | 没加冰 就像在墨西哥一样 常温的 |
[16:58] | Mexico’s nailing it. | 墨西哥才不这样呢 |
[16:59] | Mm! | 嗯 |
[17:01] | Oh, baby, look. Look at them. | 宝贝儿 快看它们 |
[17:03] | Oh! | 噢 |
[17:08] | Man taught you to hate each other, but you said no. | 世人希望你们痛恨彼此 但你们绝不屈服 |
[17:11] | Should we have a kid? | 我们应该有个孩子的 |
[17:13] | Yeah. I want that. | 没错 我也想要 |
[17:14] | Okay, good. | 真棒 |
[17:21] | Thank God! The Huang Boys did it! | 感谢上帝 黄氏兄弟做到了 |
[17:24] | Well, Dad, It’s the end of the week, | 爸爸 已经周末了 |
[17:26] | and I still have your watch, like I said I would. | 就像我说的 我把你的表照看得好好的 |
[17:28] | Well, look at that! Impressive. | 哇 真厉害 |
[17:31] | I never should have doubted you, Eddie. | 我不该怀疑你的能力 艾迪 |
[17:33] | We solved it! We found the missing watch! | 案子破了 我们找到了丢失的手表 |
[17:36] | Wait. | 等下 |
[17:37] | If that’s your watch, | 如果那个是你的表 |
[17:38] | then… whose watch is this? | 那 这个是谁的 |
[17:41] | It’s a new one. I bought it. | 那是新的 我买的 |
[17:44] | I saw my watch lying in your room, | 我看到你把表随处乱放 |
[17:46] | and I thought you were being careless, | 你觉得你太粗心大意了 |
[17:48] | so I took it to teach you a lesson. | 我就拿走了 想给你个教训 |
[17:49] | I shouldn’t have… | 我本应该 |
[17:53] | That’s my robot bird. | 那是我定的闹钟 |
[17:55] | It isn’t either of these watches. | 声音不是从这两个表发出来的 |
[18:00] | Ma, why do you have my watch? | 妈 你怎么有我的手表 |
[18:08] | But I’m your son. | 我也是你儿子啊 |
[18:10] | Why are you messing with me? | 你怎么就和我开玩笑呢 |
[18:13] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[18:14] | Wait… If Grandma has your watch | 等下 如果奶奶手里的是你的表 |
[18:16] | and this is the watch you bought to replace it, | 这只表是你买来的 |
[18:19] | then whose watch do Evan and Emery have? | 那埃文和埃默里拿的表又是谁的 |
[18:24] | We bought it… With our justice fund! | 那是我们用合法资金买的 |
[18:27] | We’d solved every case, | 我们解决了所有案子 |
[18:28] | and we didn’t want to ruin our perfect record. | 所以不想破坏了我们完美的记录 |
[18:33] | Looks like the real victim in all of this | 看起来这里最大的受害者 |
[18:35] | was the truth. | 就是真相 |
[18:36] | I’m too young for this crap | 我懒得听这种废话 |
[18:41] | Squatters? | 非法占据者 |
[18:42] | They won’t leave. | 他们不肯走 |
[18:43] | I thought you said that… | 我以为你说的 |
[18:45] | I didn’t know how to tell you I was wrong. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你 是我的错 |
[18:49] | I got us into this situation, | 我们沦落到如此境地都是因为我 |
[18:50] | and now I don’t know how to get out. | 现在我不知道该怎么办才好了 |
[18:52] | So, those checks you wrote us came out of your own account? | 所以 那些你写给我的支票是你个人账户里的钱吗 |
[18:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:57] | I’m surprised you were able to cash them. | 我很惊讶你竟然能够兑现它们 |
[18:59] | I signed them “Montana Moorehead.” | 因为我签的“蒙大拿州 佚名” |
[19:01] | I don’t understand why you didn’t just tell us the truth. | 我不明白 你为什么不直接告诉我们真相 |
[19:05] | Because I’m supposed to be a visionary. | 因为我本来应该是个有远见的人 |
[19:07] | I’m supposed to be Oprah. | 本应该成为奥普拉 |
[19:09] | You invested your money in that house because of me, | 因为我 你把钱投到那栋房子上 |
[19:13] | and it’s been nothing but problems. | 钱没有生钱 但是却生出一堆麻烦 |
[19:15] | I convinced you to trust me, | 我劝你相信我 |
[19:18] | and I failed. | 但是我却失败了 |
[19:24] | Did you know Oprah got fired? | 你知道吗 奥普拉还被炒过鱿鱼呢 |
[19:28] | What? | 什么 |
[19:29] | Early in her career, | 在她事业早期 |
[19:30] | from a local news station in Baltimore. | 在巴尔的摩的一家当地电视台 |
[19:33] | Did she let that stop her? | 她停滞不前了吗 |
[19:35] | Did she give up? | 她放弃了吗 |
[19:36] | Did she take her lapel Mic and go home? | 她放下话筒回家了吗 |
[19:39] | No. | 没有 |
[19:40] | No. That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:42] | She didn’t. | 她没有 |
[19:44] | And neither will you. | 你也不应该就此放弃 |
[19:45] | So, this first investment property didn’t work out. | 所以 第一次投资房地产没有成功 |
[19:48] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[19:49] | The next one will. | 下一次就会成功 |
[19:51] | The important thing is that you keep going, | 最重要的是 你要一直向前 |
[19:53] | and before you know it, | 在你意识到这点之前 |
[19:54] | you’ll have a horse farm and your own book club. | 你就会有自己的马场 和你的书友会 |
[19:57] | Thank you, Honey. | 谢谢你 宝贝儿 |
[20:00] | Now I know Oprah can be Oprah because she has Gayle. | 现在我懂了 奥普拉之所以能成为奥普拉 是因为她有伯乐盖尔 |
[20:05] | And Gayle can be Gayle because she has Oprah. | 盖尔能成为盖尔 是因为她慧眼识真 |
[20:07] | Sure. | 没错 |
[20:09] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[20:10] | No. | 不 |
[20:11] | Yeah, that was too far. I felt it. | 是啊 离你成功还远着呢 我有预感 |
[20:16] | Okay, so, I know | 好吧 我知道 |
[20:17] | we made a little less from the sale than expected, | 我们挣到的钱比预期的要少一点儿 |
[20:20] | but at least the squatters are now the new owner’s problem. | 但是至少现在 那俩无赖可以让新房主头疼了 |
[20:24] | Here. Take your share. | 给 你的分红 |
[20:27] | Or… reinvest it. | 或者 再用它投资 |
[20:31] | Jessica, I don’t know. | 杰西卡 我不知道该怎么做了 |
[20:32] | I just feel lucky not to have lost money. | 我觉得没赔钱就已经很幸运了 |
[20:37] | Oh, okay. That’s fair. | 噢 好吧 说的也对 |
[20:38] | Here. Take your checks. | 给 这是你们的支票 |
[20:40] | Or… reinvest it. | 或者 再用它投资 |
[20:44] | What does Florida have more of than any other state? | 佛罗里达都有些什么 比其他州都多的东西 |
[20:46] | Alligators? | 短吻鳄 |
[20:48] | Fuddruckers. | 快餐店服务员 |
[20:49] | Condominiums. | 公寓楼 |
[20:51] | Or, as I like to call them, condo-money-ums. | 我更想叫它们 聚宝盆 |
[20:55] | Well, now we have to do it. | 好吧 现在我们必须得让钱生钱了 |