时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, guys, you know how summer break | 嗨 兄弟们 这暑假到目前为止 |
[00:07] | has totally sucked so far? | 也太无聊透顶了吧 |
[00:09] | It’s been one day, Eddie. | 才过了一天而已 艾迪 |
[00:11] | Well, things are about to change. | 好吧 事情现在不一样了 |
[00:13] | Chris Rock has a new stand-up special on HBO | 克里斯·洛克的新节目《带来痛苦》 |
[00:15] | called “Bring the Pain.” | 要在HBO上了 |
[00:17] | I hear it’s even more amazing than “CB4,” Which is impossible! | 让人难以置信的是我听说它比《CB4》更好看 |
[00:22] | But our cable got canceled | 但我们的有线电视被取消了 |
[00:23] | when they found out Mom subscribed under a fake name. | 因为他们发现妈妈签字的时候用的是假名字 |
[00:26] | Oh, no! They found out about Sydney Jones? | 噢不 他们发现悉尼·琼斯这个假名字了 |
[00:29] | I guess we can’t watch the special, then. | 那咱们可能看不了节目了 |
[00:30] | Bam! | 当当当 |
[00:31] | Or can we? | 是吗 |
[00:33] | HBO’s doing a free preview all weekend? | HBO整个周末都是免费试映吗 |
[00:35] | My girl Alison told me about it. | 我女朋友艾莉森告诉我的 |
[00:36] | Evan, toss me that remote. Let’s get our minds blown. | 埃文 给我遥控器 咱们来试试这个节目有多棒 |
[00:39] | We’re watching “Square One.” It’s educational. | 我们正在看《魔方》 很有教育意义的 |
[00:42] | But that’s just regular TV! | 但那只是固定的电视节目 |
[00:43] | You can watch that anytime! | 你什么时候看都行 |
[00:45] | I have my routine. | 我有我的安排 |
[00:47] | You might like this show, Eddie. | 你会喜欢这个节目的 埃迪 |
[00:48] | It has detectives who use math to solve crimes. | 它讲的是侦探们利用数学来破案 |
[00:51] | Do they solve the crime of being a super boring show? | 那他们能解决节目超级无聊这种罪案吗 |
[00:53] | Just give me the damn remote! | 快把那该死的遥控器给我 |
[00:55] | – No! It’s my time! – Stop it! | -不 现在是我的时间 -都停下 |
[00:57] | Use your words! | 别骂人 |
[00:59] | Hey, hey, hey! Break it up! | 嘿 嘿 住手 |
[01:01] | – What’s going on? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事儿 |
[01:03] | We’re just talking. | 我们只是聊聊天 |
[01:05] | Eddie, you shouldn’t be fighting with your brothers. | 埃迪 你不应该和弟弟们打架 |
[01:08] | It’s you guys against the world. | 假如你们要和全世界对抗 |
[01:09] | You’re all each other has. | 唯一能拥有的就是彼此了 |
[01:10] | Louis, your brother’s on the phone. | 路易斯 你弟弟的电话 |
[01:12] | Tell that bastard to go to hell! | 让那个混蛋下地狱去吧 |
[01:32] | Sorry, Gene, Louis is busy… | 抱歉 吉恩 路易斯在忙着 |
[01:35] | doing pottery. | 做陶器 |
[01:37] | I’m obviously fishing. | 我很明显在钓鱼 |
[01:39] | Maybe I’m not bad at charades. | 可能不是我不擅长你画我猜 |
[01:41] | Maybe you’re bad at charades. | 是你不擅长 |
[01:43] | Louis Huang, you just said brothers shouldn’t fight. | 路易斯·黄 你刚刚才说兄弟之间应该和平相处 |
[01:46] | I thought we lived in Orlando, not a make-believe lie town. | 我本以为我们住在奥兰多 而不是某个撒谎镇 |
[01:50] | Bye, Gene. | 再见 吉恩 |
[01:52] | Gene is coming to visit. | 吉恩要来我们家 |
[01:55] | He says he has some big news | 他说他有一个很重要的 |
[01:56] | that he wants to share in person. | 消息要和我们亲自说 |
[01:58] | Is he starting another band? | 他又建了个乐队吗 |
[02:00] | The Gene Huang Ragtime Explosion didn’t work out? | 吉恩·黄拉格泰姆爆裂乐队没戏了吗 |
[02:03] | Wasn’t that also the name of his vacuum-cleaner company? | 这不也是他那个清洁公司的名字吗 |
[02:05] | No. That was Gene Huang Suck City. | 不 那个名字是吉恩·黄傻逼城 |
[02:11] | That’s not my fault. | 那又不是我的错 |
[02:18] | I came to terms with that. | 我已经向他妥协了 |
[02:19] | Gene’s the one who’s still holding on. | 是吉恩一直不让步 |
[02:21] | He’s such a little baby. | 他跟个小孩儿似的 |
[02:22] | I feel you, Pops. Brothers are so annoying. | 我挺你 老爸 弟弟什么的简直神烦 |
[02:24] | Be respectful. That’s your uncle. | 尊重他一点儿 那是你叔叔 |
[02:27] | But yes, he is super annoying. | 不过没错 他真的超级烦人 |
[02:35] | Why, because he held a job for more than six months? | 为什么 就因为他能坚持六个月以上不失业吗 |
[02:42] | 你让他们长大和你们一样啊 兄弟之间的感情这么不好 | |
[02:46] | -Give it to me! -I don’t care about your stupid show! | -给我 -我才不关心你那个愚蠢的节目 |
[02:48] | If one of you rips my shirt, I’ll destroy you! | 你们谁敢扯坏我的T恤 我就和你们拼命 |
[02:50] | Hey, come on! It’s mine! | 嘿 拜托 那是我的 |
[02:52] | Stop fighting now! | 都给我住手 |
[02:54] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[02:55] | But I need to watch “Bring the Pain.” | 但是我必须看《带来痛苦》 |
[02:57] | It’s an urban stand-up show, Mommy, | 那是一档都市脱口秀 妈咪 |
[02:59] | rated “R” For inappropriate content. | 被分为不适合未成年人观看的R级 |
[03:01] | Alison’s leaving for band camp in two weeks. | 艾莉森这两周要去参加乐队露营 |
[03:03] | We need to cram the entire summer into 14 days, | 我们要把整个夏天的精华浓缩在这十四天里 |
[03:05] | and we want to spend them talking about this show! | 而我想用这十四天尽情讨论这个节目 |
[03:08] | Forget it. | 没门儿 |
[03:09] | I heard about that show on “Nightly News.” | 我在《晚间新闻》上听说了这个节目 |
[03:10] | It’s causing race riots. | 它会导致种族冲突 |
[03:12] | I am not waking up to a race riot in my own house. | 我可不想咱们家里也发生种族冲突 |
[03:16] | The story you are about to see is a fib, | 接下来你们要看到的故事虽然扯淡 |
[03:18] | but it’s short. | 但贵在精简 |
[03:20] | The names have been made up, and the problems are real. | 名字都是化名 但是事件是真实的 |
[03:27] | I can’t believe Gene is coming to visit. | 我不敢相信吉恩真的要来了 |
[03:28] | We haven’t seen him since we went back to Taiwan | 自从订婚后回台湾那次 |
[03:31] | right after we got engaged. | 我们就再也没见过他 |
[03:32] | He did something that made me very uncomfortable. | 他做了些让我非常不舒服的事情 |
[03:35] | Did he make a pass at you? | 他对你动手动脚吗 |
[03:36] | Marvin’s brother Marlon is always knocking at that door, | 马文他弟弟马伦老敲我房门 |
[03:40] | trying to get some vitamin H. | 说是想要搞点儿维生素H |
[03:41] | No. This is worse. | 不 更糟 |
[03:43] | He loaned me $200. | 他借了我二百美元 |
[03:47] | I couldn’t afford to buy Louis’ wedding ring | 当时我买不起和路易斯的订婚戒指 |
[03:49] | because I spent too much money at the night market | 因为我在夜市里那些假的外贸原单 |
[03:52] | on some fake Jordache. | 上花了很多钱 |
[03:53] | Gene helped me out, | 吉恩帮了我 |
[03:54] | and he’s never let me pay him back. | 他也没提让我还钱的事儿 |
[03:57] | And that’s bad because…? | 你觉得它糟是因为 |
[03:58] | In Chinese families, | 在中式家庭里 |
[04:00] | no one likes to owe anyone anything. | 没人愿意欠人情 |
[04:03] | It’s like how you must’ve felt | 这个感觉就和你长时间 |
[04:04] | when you kept my Tupperware for too long. | 拿着我的特百惠盒子不还的愧疚是一样的 |
[04:06] | That’s are actually my Tupperware, | 实际上 那个盒子是我的 |
[04:07] | and you still have it. | 而且你一直没还 |
[04:08] | And if you were Chinese, I would feel bad about that. | 如果你是中国人 我会觉得很不好意思 |
[04:12] | I’ve sent him checks for years, but he never cashes them. | 我这几年一直给他寄支票 但是他一直没拿去兑 |
[04:16] | If Gene won’t take your money directly, | 如果吉恩不想直接要现金的话 |
[04:18] | then just give him something that’s worth $200. | 你就给他价值相当的东西就好啦 |
[04:21] | Yeah. That’s a good idea. | 是啊 真是个好主意 |
[04:24] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[04:25] | Marlon booked a cruise, just the three of us. | 马伦订了海上漫游 只有我们三个人 |
[04:27] | He said bring your bikini! | 他说 带上你的比基尼 |
[04:33] | I mean… | 我是认真的 |
[04:37] | Hey, guys. What’s wrong? | 嗨 朋友们 咋了 |
[04:39] | We just saw “Bring the Pain,” | 我们刚看过了《带来痛苦》 |
[04:40] | and it’s like a truth bomb blew up in our faces. | 感觉就好比被真枪实弹爆了头 |
[04:43] | Chris Rock is right. The war on drugs is a lie. | 克里斯·洛克是对的 毒品战争就是个谎言 |
[04:45] | Told you. | 早说过了 |
[04:47] | “You know what the good side of crack is?” | “你们知道裂缝的好处是什么吗” |
[04:49] | No! I haven’t seen it yet! Let Chris tell me! | 别剧透 我还没看过 让克里斯告诉我 |
[04:51] | Eddie, I thought you said you’d watch it. | 艾迪 我以为你看过了 |
[04:53] | I’m leaving for band camp soon. | 我很快就要去乐队露营了 |
[04:54] | We only have 13 days of summer together! | 我们暑期只有十三天可以待在一起 |
[04:56] | I will. I promise. | 我发誓我会看的 |
[04:58] | Until then, let’s just talk about something else. | 在这之前让我们说点儿别的话题吧 |
[05:04] | Eddie… here’s the thing. | 艾迪 事情是这样的 |
[05:06] | We all want Alison to say the punchline to the crack joke. | 我们都想听艾莉森说那个关于裂缝的笑话 |
[05:09] | Alison wants to say the punchline to the crack joke. | 艾莉森也想说那个关于裂缝的笑话 |
[05:12] | So you can either stay or scoot. | 所以你要么待这儿 要么快走 |
[05:15] | In five, four, three, two, one. | 倒计时 五 四 三 二 一 |
[05:32] | Can’t let you do that. | 我不会让你看的 |
[05:33] | Why? You’re not even watching TV! | 为什么 你又没有在看电视 |
[05:35] | Mom told us to make sure you stay honest. | 妈妈叫我们看住你 |
[05:38] | She made us deputy moms! | 她让我们做家长小助手 |
[05:39] | Everyone get in the van. | 大家上车 |
[05:41] | We have to go pick up your Uncle Gene. | 我们得去接吉恩叔叔 |
[05:48] | Dad, I thought you didn’t want Uncle Gene to come visit. | 爸 我以为你不想让吉恩叔叔来呢 |
[05:51] | I don’t, son, but I’m setting an example for you boys. | 确实 儿子 但是我得以身作则 给你们树立榜样 |
[05:54] | It’s called being an adult. | 这就是成年人 |
[05:55] | You have to do stuff you don’t want to do all the time. | 你不得不一直做你不想做的事情 |
[05:58] | I’m glad Gene’s coming. | 我很开心吉恩能来 |
[06:03] | Gonna make him feel comfortable, | 我要让他宾至如归 |
[06:04] | treat him like a king… for under $200. | 让他享受两百块以内的国王级待遇 |
[06:08] | Hi, Louis. | 嗨 路易斯 |
[06:10] | Gene! | 吉恩 |
[06:11] | -How did you… -I came from another gate. | -你怎么 -我从另一个门出来的 |
[06:13] | Ma! | 妈 |
[06:16] | Mom, you look so small! | 妈 你看起来好小 |
[06:19] | You look good, Gene. | 你看起来不错啊 吉恩 |
[06:21] | Nice to see you again. Welcome to Orlando. | 很高兴再次见到你 欢迎来到奥兰多 |
[06:23] | “Welcome to Orlando.” Who are you, my parole officer? | 欢迎来到奥兰多 你谁啊 我的假释监督官吗 |
[06:26] | Come on. Bring it in! | 得了吧 别见外 |
[06:28] | Aww. | 啊 |
[06:30] | Oh, look at the three of you. | 噢 看看你们三个 |
[06:32] | Snap, Crackle, and Pop. | 大毛 二毛 三毛 |
[06:34] | Is that a joke from ‘Bring the Pain”? | 这是《带来痛苦》里的梗吗 |
[06:35] | Let Chris tell me! | 我不听 |
[06:37] | You live in Taiwan. | 你住在台湾 |
[06:39] | Why don’t you have an accent? | 为什么你讲英语没有口音呢 |
[06:40] | Well, I work for Delta Airlines now, | 我现在在三角洲航空公司工作 |
[06:41] | which is how I got those last-minute tickets | 所以我才能免费拿到那些 |
[06:43] | for nothing… | 剩下的票 |
[06:45] | Mm. | 真不错 |
[06:46] | And during pilot training, | 在飞行员训练过程中 |
[06:47] | I had to learn “Airline English”. | 我必须学习航空英语 |
[06:49] | Prepare for an ocean landing. | 以防万一需要海上降落 |
[06:51] | So cool! | 实在太酷了 |
[06:52] | I want to be a flight attendant! | 我想成为一名空乘人员 |
[06:55] | Do you get to marry people like ship captains? | 那你是不是能娶到类似船长这样的人呀 |
[06:56] | Nope, but I do it anyway. | 并不 不过这些没关系【】 |
[06:58] | Well, I hope this pilot thing works out for you. | 好吧 我希望这些飞行员之类的工作适合你 |
[07:00] | Unlike that lychee-nut face cream you were developing. | 不像你之前开发的那种荔枝面霜那样 |
[07:03] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[07:04] | If I knew you were having so much trouble, | 要是我早知道你的脸这么黯淡无光 |
[07:05] | I would have brought some with me. | 我就带一点面霜在身上了 |
[07:06] | Trouble? | 黯淡无光 |
[07:07] | Listen, Louis, I didn’t come here just to visit. | 听着 路易斯 我不只是来拜访你们的 |
[07:09] | I have some big news. | 我要搞些大新闻 |
[07:12] | I’m getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[07:13] | Awesome! | 太棒了 |
[07:15] | What better way to celebrate | 还有什么比租一辆雪佛兰 |
[07:17] | than by renting a Chevy Lumina for two days? | 鲁米娜系列过两天更适合庆祝的呢 |
[07:19] | I’ll pay for it. | 我来付钱 |
[07:21] | Oh, no, no, no, no. Please, don’t waste your money. | 噢 不 不 不 拜托 不要浪费你的钱 |
[07:23] | Oh, you want to play it that way? | 噢 既然你想这么玩 |
[07:24] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[07:26] | I can play it that way. | 老娘奉陪到底 |
[07:27] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 什么 |
[07:28] | Congrats, Gene. Who’s the lucky lady? | 恭喜啊 吉恩 谁是那位幸运的女士 |
[07:30] | That masseuse you met in Phuket? | 是你在普吉岛遇到的那位女按摩师吗 |
[07:32] | No. | 不是 |
[07:33] | Come on. It’s her sister. | 是她妹妹好吗 |
[07:35] | Ah, I’m kidding! | 我在开玩笑呢 |
[07:36] | My fiance’s name is Margaret. | 我未婚妻的名字叫玛格丽特 |
[07:38] | She’s a consultant. | 她是个咨询师 |
[07:40] | Very prominent family. | 出身显赫 |
[07:42] | Things are finally coming together for me. | 好运终于来敲我的门了 |
[07:44] | Oh, good for you, Gene. | 这很好 吉恩 |
[07:46] | – Uh, here, let me carry your bag. – No. | -来 我来帮你拿包 -不用啦 |
[07:48] | I’ve got it. | 我自己来 |
[07:49] | – No, no, no, no. – Oh, no, no, no, no. | -不 不 不 -不 不 不 |
[07:51] | – No, no. – No, no. | -不 不 -不 不 |
[07:56] | They’re being nice to each other. | 他们是在表示友好 |
[07:57] | It’s a Chinese polite-fight. | 这是中国式的礼节之争 |
[07:59] | You’re never supposed to give in. | 你永远都不能投降 |
[08:00] | These things can get hell intense. | 这样的事情有时会愈演愈烈 |
[08:02] | – No, no, no, no. – At least let me carry the wheel. | -不 不 不 -至少让我抬着轮子 |
[08:03] | Oh, no. Let me carry your jacket. | 不 我来帮你拿夹克 |
[08:04] | Well, I’m wearing my jacket. | 这夹克我还穿着呢 |
[08:06] | Well, I’ll wear it out. Oh, no, no, no, no. | 那就脱下来吧 不 不 不 |
[08:08] | – No, no, no, no. – No, no, no. | -不 不 不 -不 不 不 |
[08:09] | – No, no, no, no. – Okay. | -不 不 不 -好吧 |
[08:10] | – No, no, no. – No, no, no, no, no, no. | -不… -不… |
[08:12] | – No, no, no, no. – No, no, no. | -不… -不… |
[08:13] | – No, no, no. – No, no, no, no. | -不… -不… |
[08:14] | – No, no, no, no. – No, no, no, no. | -不… -不… |
[08:15] | – No, no, no, no. – No, no, no, no. | -不… -不… |
[08:17] | No, no, no, no. | 不… |
[08:21] | “Now, remain calm | 现在 在我说“准备” |
[08:22] | and hold on to your seat cushions until I say ‘brace.'” | 之前 保持镇定 并抓好你的坐垫 |
[08:26] | – Awesome! – Cool! | -太牛了 -酷 |
[08:27] | You were warning them | 你警示他们 |
[08:28] | ’cause you’re the president of the plane! | 因为你是飞机的机长 |
[08:30] | That’s right, baby. | 就是这样 宝贝 |
[08:31] | So, uh, Gene, I hope you’re hungry, | 吉恩 我希望你饿了 |
[08:33] | because we’re treating you to a nice meal | 因为我们要在牧场牛排餐厅 |
[08:34] | at Cattleman’s Ranch. | 好好招待你一顿 |
[08:36] | Isn’t your family bored of eating at your restaurant? | 总在自家餐馆吃饭 你们不觉得腻吗 |
[08:38] | – Yes, we are! – I’m so tired of the menu. | -是的 -我真的吃够了那些菜了 |
[08:39] | The portion size is so small. | 一份的量太少了 |
[08:41] | We got to celebrate, baby! | 我们得庆祝啊 宝贝儿 |
[08:43] | I’ve overcome so much. | 我克服那么多困难 |
[08:45] | Took me a while, but my life is finally on the right track, | 花了那么多时间 但好在我终于让人生步入了正轨 |
[08:48] | which is why I made us a reservation | 因此我为咱们在奥兰多 |
[08:50] | at the best restaurant in Orlando. | 最好的餐厅订了位置 |
[09:04] | Why do we need to go to an Orlando-themed restaurant | 为什么咱们要来一家奥兰多主题餐厅呢 尤其是在当 |
[09:07] | when we live in Orlando? | 我们就住在奥兰多的时候 |
[09:10] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[09:14] | Mel Gibson’s mullet. | 梅尔·吉布森的发套 |
[09:15] | They shot “Lethal Weapon 3” Here. | 《致命武器3》就是在这儿拍的 |
[09:17] | We’ll take a table by the mullet. | 我们就要发套旁边的桌子 |
[09:19] | Very good, sir. | 没问题 先生 |
[09:20] | Uh, hello, I’m Louis Huang. | 你好 我是路易斯·黄 |
[09:23] | Welcome to Cattleman’s Ranch! | 欢迎来到牧场牛排餐厅 |
[09:25] | You know, I have a very positive outlook on life. | 你知道 我对生活充满积极的人生态度 |
[09:30] | I see that acting class in Saipan paid off. | 看来塞班岛的表演班没白上 |
[09:32] | It did. I’m still getting residuals | 是的 我现在还能收到 |
[09:34] | from that fabric-softener commercial. | 那个织物柔软剂广告的反馈呢 |
[09:36] | In fact, that’s where I first met my fiance, Margaret. | 事实上 那儿也是我第一次遇见我未婚妻玛格丽特的地方 |
[09:38] | Man, I can’t wait for you all to meet her. | 伙计 我等不及要你们都见见她了 |
[09:40] | You should see her ring. | 你应该看看她的戒指 |
[09:41] | Oh, should we? Should we see her ring? | 噢 是吗 我们应该见识下她的戒指吗 |
[09:44] | Well-done, Gene. | 做得好 吉恩 |
[09:45] | Well-done. | 做得好 |
[09:47] | – Is Jessica okay? – I never know. | -杰西卡还好吧 -我也不知道 |
[09:49] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:51] | Anyway, Louis, I didn’t come all the way here | 不管怎样 路易斯 我大老远跑过来 |
[09:53] | just to announce my wedding. | 不仅仅是为了宣布婚礼的 |
[09:54] | I know we haven’t seen each other | 我知道自从在温泉那发生的事情 |
[09:55] | since what happened at the, you know, hot springs, | 之后 我们就再也没见过彼此 |
[09:59] | but let’s put the past behind us and move forward. | 但是让我们忘掉过去的不愉快重新和好吧 |
[10:02] | Look, I want my future children | 我想要我未来的孩子们 |
[10:04] | to know their cousins. | 了解他们的表兄弟 |
[10:06] | That’s why I wanted to ask you, in person… | 所以我想 亲自问问你 |
[10:09] | if you’d be my best man. | 愿不愿意当我的伴郎 |
[10:16] | I’d be honored. | 那我就太荣幸了 |
[10:17] | That’s great! | 太棒了 |
[10:20] | Come here, brother. | 过来 兄弟 |
[10:22] | Oh. | 噢 |
[10:23] | Oh, sorry. | 噢 抱歉 |
[10:27] | To celebrate, you should order more food. | 为了庆祝 你应该多点点东西吃 |
[10:29] | What do you have that is $200? | 这儿有什么价值两百刀的食物吗 |
[10:31] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[10:32] | Well, think. | 那就好好想想 |
[10:34] | Excuse me. Where is the bathroom? | 不好意思 卫生间在哪呀 |
[10:36] | Yeah. Right here. | 就在那边 |
[10:40] | I’ll pay the bill. | 我来付账 |
[10:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:46] | You didn’t really think | 你不会真以为 |
[10:47] | I had to go to the bathroom, did you? | 我急着去厕所了吧 |
[10:48] | Give me the bill. | 给我账单 |
[10:50] | No, no, I got it. | 不 不 我来付 |
[10:51] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 噢 不 不 不 |
[10:52] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[10:54] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[10:55] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[10:56] | – No, no, no, no, no. – No, no, no, no, no. | -不 不 不 -不 不 不 |
[10:58] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[11:00] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[11:01] | – No, no, no. – No. No. No. | -不 不 -不 不 |
[11:02] | – No. – No. | -不 -不 |
[11:03] | – No. – No. | -不 -不 |
[11:04] | – No. – No. | -不 -不 |
[11:05] | – No. – No. 300 00:11:05,594 –> 00:11:06,660 – No. – No. | -不 -不 -我来 -我来 |
[11:06] | – No. – No! | -我来 -我来 |
[11:08] | No! No!! | 我来 我来 |
[11:12] | You still haven’t seen it? | 你还没有看吗 |
[11:13] | But you and Alison are running out of summer. | 可你和艾莉森的夏天都快结束了 |
[11:15] | My brothers will narc on me if I watch it, | 但是如果我看我弟弟就会告发我 |
[11:17] | and they’re around all the time. | 而且他们时时刻刻都围着我转 |
[11:18] | Just do what I do | 跟我学 |
[11:19] | when I want to watch something R-rated or above. | 每次我想看一些R级以上的片子的时候 |
[11:21] | Videotape it late at night, when everyone’s asleep. | 我就会在晚上大家睡着了之后 偷偷录下来 |
[11:25] | Okay. Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[11:27] | That’s how I saw “Emmanuelle in Space.” | 我就是这样看到《艾曼纽在太空》的 |
[11:30] | I wasn’t ready for it. | 我还没有准备好 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry it’s come to this. | 很抱歉事情发展成这样 |
[11:41] | Keep the bag. | 这个包送你了 |
[11:42] | What? No! | 什么 不 |
[11:44] | I was gonna cut a hole in your luggage | 我要在你的行李上弄一个小洞 |
[11:46] | where I could hide the $200 I owe you for Louis’ wedding ring | 来藏我欠你路易斯婚戒的那两百块 |
[11:49] | so you wouldn’t find it till you got back to Taiwan. | 这样你在回台湾之前就不会发现了 |
[11:51] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对啊 |
[11:53] | I forgot about that. | 我都忘了 |
[11:54] | Look, I don’t like to take money from my sister-in-law, | 听着 我可不想从我嫂子这儿拿钱 |
[11:56] | but if it means that much to you, fine. | 但如果你很介意的话 好吧 |
[11:58] | You can pay me back. | 你可以给我钱 |
[12:00] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -嗯哼 |
[12:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:07] | I can’t believe you were gonna cut a hole in my luggage. | 真不敢相信你要在我包上弄一个洞 |
[12:08] | I mean, it’s a Tumi. | 我是说 这可是途明的 |
[12:10] | It says “Tami.” | 上面写着 塔明 |
[12:12] | Yeah, you got me. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[12:13] | No, it’s not a Tumi. | 对 这不是途明的包 |
[12:17] | It says “Tami.” | 真的是 塔明 |
[12:25] | It worked! | 成功了 |
[12:29] | Sorry I had to tape over you, Bruce Leroy. | 抱歉要把你盖掉了 布鲁斯·雷洛伊 |
[12:37] | What’s up?! | 怎么样啊 |
[12:38] | What’s up, Chris Rock? | 怎么样 克里斯·洛克 |
[12:40] | Unh, unh, unh. | 啊哈哈 |
[12:42] | – What the hell?! – Eddie, don’t say “Hell.” | -什么鬼 -埃迪 别这样说 |
[12:44] | We knew you’d try something like this, | 我俩就知道你会这么做 |
[12:46] | so we used Dad’s camcorder | 所以就用老爸的录像机 |
[12:48] | to record over your Chris Rock tape. | 录了个视频盖掉你的克里斯·洛克 |
[12:50] | Thank you, Eddie. We take that word as a compliment. | 谢谢 埃迪 我们把刚刚那个词当做你对我们的赞美 |
[12:52] | I didn’t say anything. | 我啥都没说啊 |
[12:54] | I thought you’d call us nerds. | 我本以为你会叫我俩蠢货 |
[12:56] | We recorded a more age-appropriate program | 我们录了一个更适合你这年龄段 |
[12:58] | for you to watch. | 该看的节目 |
[13:03] | Those hayseeds! | 一群乡巴佬 |
[13:10] | What is that on your face? | 你脸上那是什么 |
[13:11] | Just, uh, shining up the lobby. | 只是 呃 提亮肤色的面膜 |
[13:19] | What’s that on your face? | 那你脸上又是什么 |
[13:21] | – What? – You’re smiling. | -什么 -你在笑啊 |
[13:23] | I am. I am happy. | 是啊 我很开心 |
[13:27] | I can’t just be happy for no reason? | 我就不能无缘无故地开心了吗 |
[13:29] | We both know you can’t. What’s going on? | 鬼都知道不可能 快说咋了 |
[13:31] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | I never told you this. | 我一直没告诉过你 |
[13:35] | A long time ago, | 很久以前 |
[13:36] | I borrowed money from Gene to buy your wedding ring… | 我问吉恩结了钱才买了你的婚戒 |
[13:39] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:40] | And I’ve been trying for all these years to pay him back | 我一直以来都想把钱还给他 |
[13:42] | and he never let me. | 但他一直都没要 |
[13:43] | And today, I finally succeeded. | 但是今天 我终于成功了 |
[13:46] | You shouldn’t have done that. | 你不该这么做 |
[13:47] | I know, but we were in Taiwan, | 我知道 但我们当时在台湾 |
[13:49] | and Jordache had just come out with their Basics line. | 而且约达西刚刚推出了最新的基本款 |
[13:51] | They had horse-face rivets down the leg. | 它们裤腿那里有一圈马面铆钉 |
[13:53] | No, you shouldn’t have paid him back. | 不 你不应该还钱给他的 |
[13:55] | He owes us thousands. | 他欠了我们好几千呢 |
[13:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[13:58] | He owes us money? | 他欠我们钱了 |
[14:00] | I’ve been sending him money for years. | 我都给他寄了几年钱了 |
[14:02] | Why? | 为啥 |
[14:03] | He’s my brother. | 他是我兄弟啊 |
[14:04] | It’s my responsibility to help him. | 帮他是我的责任啊 |
[14:06] | So, he owes us thousands and he let me give him $200?! | 所以 他欠了我们几千块钱还敢拿我还他的两百 |
[14:18] | You broke the piano?! | 你把钢琴弄坏了 |
[14:21] | I wanted to play some ragtime before bed. | 我想在睡前弹一点拉格泰姆音乐 |
[14:22] | You know how I like to pound the keys. | 你知道我按琴键的习惯 |
[14:30] | At least you’re doing well now, so you can pay for this. | 起码你现在混得好 所以你可以赔得起这架琴了 |
[14:33] | Yeah, I got a wedding coming up, | 是啊 我是为婚礼而来的 |
[14:35] | and, like, Margaret wants to release doves, so… | 而且 玛格丽特还想在婚礼上放飞白鸽 所以 |
[14:37] | Well, you can use the $200 I just gave you. | 好吧 你可以用我刚给你的两百块钱 |
[14:40] | Or maybe you have something left over | 或者你可以用我给你寄的 |
[14:42] | from the money I sent you for piano lessons, | 上钢琴课的钱 |
[14:44] | acting classes, flight school, | 表演课的钱 飞行学校的钱 |
[14:47] | lychee-nut farming, vacuum-repair workshops… | 荔枝种植的钱 真空修理车间的钱里挤点出来 |
[14:49] | Don’t pretend to be this generous guy. | 别装老好人了 |
[14:52] | You sent me that money because you felt guilty | 你给我寄钱是因为你对 |
[14:56] | about what happened at the hot springs. | 在温泉发生的事情心怀愧疚 |
[14:57] | You haven’t changed. | 你根本就没变 |
[14:59] | You’re still not over what happened at the hot springs. | 你还是抓着温泉的那件事不放 |
[15:01] | Damn right I’m not! I’ll never be over it! | 天啊 当然啊 我一直都不会忘记 |
[15:03] | You stole America from me! | 你从我这偷走了美国 |
[15:11] | Is the VCR recording something? | 录像机在录什么东西吗 |
[15:13] | It’s a head cleaner. I’m cleaning the heads. | 它在清带子 我正在清理磁带 |
[15:15] | I care about our things. | 我对我们的东西很关心 |
[15:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[15:22] | What do you mean Louis stole America from you? | 什么叫路易斯从你身上偷走了美国 |
[15:25] | Get over it, Gene. It was a long time ago. | 算了吧 吉恩 这事都过去多久了 |
[15:27] | Oh, Louis never told you about what happened at the hot springs? | 喔 路易斯从来都没告诉过你我们在温泉的事吗 |
[15:31] | You mean the time he wore a bathing suit | 你是说他在温泉穿泳衣 |
[15:32] | and everyone made fun of him for not being naked? | 然后大家都笑他不光身子吗 |
[15:35] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:36] | Louis was the first one to strip nude. | 路易斯可以第一个脱光裸泡 |
[15:38] | He arrived nude. | 他直接裸着来了 |
[15:40] | I’m proud of my body. | 我对我身材很骄傲 |
[15:41] | So, what really happened? | 所以 到底发生了什么 |
[16:16] | Okay. Yes. I’ll go. | 好吧 我去 |
[16:17] | What? | 什么 |
[16:19] | Say bye to Mom for me! | 替我向老妈说再见 |
[16:25] | You said yes? | 你说了 好的 |
[16:27] | In the middle of a Chinese polite fight?! | 在一个中国式的礼节之战中 |
[16:29] | That was so selfish of you. | 你太自私了 |
[16:31] | You should have sacrificed. | 你就该有所牺牲的 |
[16:32] | I did sacrifice! | 我也有牺牲啊 |
[16:34] | I took on the responsibility | 我承担了来到这儿的人 |
[16:35] | of being the one who got to come here. | 所承担的责任好吗 |
[16:37] | I worked hard, got a job, sent money back, | 我努力用功 找到工作 往家寄钱 |
[16:39] | not just to you, but to the whole family. | 不光光是给你 还有全家 |
[16:42] | Would you have done that? | 你有做过这些吗 |
[16:43] | I don’t know. I never got the opportunity. | 我不知道 我连机会都没有 |
[16:45] | You did. | 你却有 |
[16:46] | You took my coming to America as an excuse to not succeed. | 你总拿是我来美国当你自己失败的借口 |
[16:49] | That’s why it took you so long to get it together. | 这就是为什么你现在才让生活好转起来 |
[16:52] | But you have a great job now! | 但你现在有了很棒的工作 |
[16:53] | You’re about to get married. | 也要结婚了 |
[16:55] | Your life turned out fine. | 你的人生现在还是好好的 |
[16:56] | Eventually, it did! | 事实上 是啊 |
[16:58] | But who knows what my life could have become?! | 但谁能知道我的人生本来可以变成什么样 |
[17:03] | Maybe we would have sat next to my mullet at the restaurant. | 也许我们可以坐在挂着我的发套的餐厅里吃饭呢 |
[17:14] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[17:16] | Free HBO is almost over, and Alison’s leaving in 11 days. | HBO的免费试映已经快完了 艾莉森11天后就要走了 |
[17:18] | So I came in to tell you that I give up. | 所以我想来告诉你们 我放弃了 |
[17:21] | But also to ask you… to join me. | 但同时也想请你们 加入我 |
[17:25] | You’re just saying that ’cause you want to watch your show. | 你说这些话只是想让我们看你的节目吗 |
[17:27] | True, true. | 没错 |
[17:28] | But… I also don’t want to be like Dad and Uncle Gene. | 但是 我也不想咱们变成爸爸和吉恩叔叔那样 |
[17:31] | I don’t want this to be our hot springs. | 我不想这件事变成我们的温泉 |
[17:33] | I have no idea what that means. | 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[17:35] | We’re brothers. We’re all each other has. | 我们是兄弟 我们是彼此的唯一 |
[17:37] | Mom divided us, but let’s come together… | 妈妈分开了我们 但是我们要在一起 |
[17:40] | like Voltron. | 像战神金刚一样 |
[17:43] | I’m the leg! | 我来做腿 |
[17:47] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[17:48] | No. I’ve done enough talking today. | 不 我今天谈得已经够多了 |
[17:50] | Okay. Good night. | 好的 晚安 |
[18:01] | Louis, stop mumbling. | 路易斯 别嘟嘟囔囔的 |
[18:02] | Say words or don’t say words. | 要么说话 要么闭嘴 |
[18:04] | I feel bad. | 我心情很糟 |
[18:05] | And what if Gene’s right? | 如果吉恩是对的怎么办 |
[18:09] | You have nothing to feel bad about. | 你没什么好难过的 |
[18:12] | But his life would probably be better if he came here. | 但是如果他来这里 他的生活可能会更好 |
[18:14] | You don’t know that! | 可是你不知道啊 |
[18:15] | Besides, only one of you was gonna get the opportunity. | 还有 你们两个人只有一个有机会 |
[18:18] | Why shouldn’t it be you? | 为什么不该是你 |
[18:20] | I guess… | 我想 |
[18:21] | If you hadn’t come here, we never would have met. | 如果你没来 我们就永远不会遇见 |
[18:24] | I don’t regret the decision you made. | 我不后悔你做出的决定 |
[18:27] | You have nothing to apologize for. | 你没什么可抱歉的 |
[18:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:32] | Unless you want to set a good example for the boys. | 除非你想为孩子们树立榜样 |
[18:36] | I hate being an adult. | 我讨厌当成年人 |
[18:38] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[18:41] | I’m lying. I love it. | 我在撒谎 我喜欢当成年人 |
[18:43] | I love every aspect of it. | 方方面面都喜欢 |
[18:47] | Ma, have you seen Gene? | 妈 见过吉恩吗 |
[18:49] | I can’t find him. | 我找不到他 |
[18:57] | You better recognize! | 你们最好承认 |
[19:00] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[19:01] | Don’t laugh so loud. You’ll wake Mom and Dad. | 别笑这么大声 会吵醒爸爸妈妈 |
[19:04] | Just snap instead of laugh. | 想笑的时候打响指 |
[19:08] | I don’t care for all the bad language, | 我不在意他说的脏话 |
[19:10] | but this is just as educational as “Square One.” | 不过这跟”魔方”一样有教育意义 |
[19:12] | I’m just glad he doesn’t do lame Asian jokes. | 我很高兴他没有讲蹩脚的亚洲笑话 |
[19:15] | I don’t care what time it is. | 我不关心现在是什么时间 |
[19:16] | I’m calling Alison now. | 我要给艾莉森打电话 |
[19:21] | We still h… | 我们仍然 |
[19:24] | I need to call the airline. | 我要给航空公司打电话 |
[19:26] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[19:27] | Gene went back to Taiwan. | 吉恩回台湾了 |
[19:29] | He left this note uninviting us to the wedding. | 他留下这张纸条 让我们不要去婚礼 |
[19:31] | And he took Grandma. | 他还带走了奶奶 |
[19:33] | Forever? | 再也不回来了 |
[19:36] | No! Just for the wedding. | 不 只是去参加婚礼 |
[19:38] | So, why do you need to call the airline? | 那为什么给航空公司打电话 |
[19:40] | Because I need to make things right with my brother. | 因为我需要跟我兄弟把话说清楚 |
[19:44] | We’re all going to Taiwan. | 我们都要去台湾 |
[19:46] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:47] | I’m gonna get my $200 back. | 我要拿回我的两百块钱 |
[19:50] | Turn off the race riot and start packing. | 关上种族暴动的节目 赶紧打包行李吧 |
[19:53] | You’re going to Taiwan?! | 你要去台湾 |
[19:54] | But I leave for band camp in 10 days! | 但我十天之后就去乐队夏令营了 |
[19:57] | It’s okay. I’m gonna get myself a phone card, | 好的 我去弄张电话卡 |
[19:59] | and I’ll call you every day. | 我每天给你打电话 |
[20:00] | I’ll even try to fax you when possible. | 有可能的话 我给你传真 |
[20:02] | But you’re gonna need to set up an account at Kinko’s. | 不过你得在联邦快递金考建个账户 |
[20:04] | There’s one right by my dad’s work. | 我爸爸工作的地方有一个 |
[20:06] | And when I get back, | 等我回来的时候 |
[20:07] | you and I will still have half a day together, | 我们在一起还可以待上半天 |
[20:09] | and we’ll spend our summer talking about Chris Rock then. | 我们可以用整个夏天聊克里斯·洛克 |
[20:44] | So… what’s up, Trent? | 怎么了 特伦特 |
[20:48] | I just got a call from my cousin. | 我堂弟给我打了电话 |
[20:50] | The Browns are leaving Cleveland. | 布朗队要离开克里夫兰 |
[20:55] | Smokin’. | 别难过 |