时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Man, the Olympics are amazing. | 奥运会太赞了 |
[00:07] | We are watching history being made. | 我们见证了历史性的一刻 |
[00:08] | You said the same thing | 迷你高尔夫开幕仪式上 |
[00:09] | at the grand opening of that mini-golf place. | 你也是这么说的 |
[00:11] | Mm-hmm. | 额噢 |
[00:12] | Shh! It’s the awards ceremony. | 嘘 到颁奖仪式了 |
[00:14] | There’s gold medalist Bogdan Dragomir, | 现在登场的是金牌得主波格丹·德拉戈米儿 |
[00:16] | who came from a poor village in Romania | 他来自罗马尼亚的一个穷苦村庄 |
[00:18] | – and defied all odds to be here. | 克服重重困难才来到这儿 |
[00:20] | – You got a gold medal in Who Cares?! | 谁管你在一个没人看的项目得了金牌 |
[00:21] | Bring on the gymnastics! Kerri Strug for life! | 来点体操啊 克里·斯特鲁格才是我的女神 |
[00:25] | Go Nigeria! | 尼日利亚 冲啊 |
[00:28] | Why aren’t you rooting for U.S.A.? | 你为什么不支持美国 |
[00:30] | Or Chinese Taipei, your homeland? | 或者你的故乡中国台北呢 |
[00:32] | Next up is woman’s long jump, | 接下来是女子跳远 |
[00:34] | and Chioma Ajunwa is going to take the gold. | 阿朱尼瓦肯定会夺冠 |
[00:36] | I root for the best. That’s my homeland. | 我支持强者 那才是我的故乡 |
[01:05] | It’s because you had the idea | 是你想到 |
[01:07] | of offering a free dessert with every entre. | 头菜提供免费甜点的主意 |
[01:09] | No, it’s because you had the idea to hang TVs | 不 是你想到将电视机悬在天花板上 |
[01:11] | above the bar so people could watch the Olympics. | 这样就可以看奥运会了 |
[01:14] | Well, either way, business has never been better, | 不管怎么说 现在生意是好到爆 |
[01:16] | so I guess we’re both geniuses. | 看来我们都是天才 |
[01:24] | I asked Eddie to bring in the groceries yesterday. | 我昨天让埃迪把杂货搬回来的 |
[01:27] | Did he drop it? | 他把西瓜掉地上了吗 |
[01:28] | He just dropped it, and then he just left it there. | 掉在地上后就放任不管啦 |
[01:31] | I’ll tell him to clean it up. | 我让他来收拾干净 |
[01:32] | No, no. He’s just gonna make it worse. | 别 他只会越弄越糟 |
[01:35] | I got the grape juice out of the couch. | 我能把西瓜汁从沙发里拿出来 |
[01:38] | I can get this out, too. | 我也能处理好这个 |
[01:41] | It’s so hard to keep this place clean. | 要保持房屋整洁真是困难 |
[01:43] | A little help would be nice. | 要是有人稍微帮下忙就好了 |
[01:52] | My vase! | 我的花瓶 |
[01:59] | # Yeah # | #耶# |
[02:00] | I can’t believe school starts tomorrow. | 不想相信明天就要开学了 |
[02:02] | We need to walk in with either fresh gear or a great story. | 到时我们要么带着全新装备 要么带着精彩故事 |
[02:05] | I got both. | 我两个都行 |
[02:07] | I went to the Olympics in Atlanta and got some merch. | 我去了亚特兰大的奥运会 拿到了点东西 |
[02:10] | It’s Izzy the Whatizit. | 就是伊兹 |
[02:12] | You know, the official mascot. | 奥运会官方吉祥物 |
[02:15] | It looks like a gay raindrop. | 看上去像个基佬雨滴 |
[02:18] | I had mono, so I spent all summer in bed watching Cinemax. | 我得了单核细胞增多症 所以整个暑假就在床上看电影频道 |
[02:22] | I learned a lot about boobs. | 对美胸算是有了一定的认识 |
[02:24] | Now when I grow up, I want to be a pizza delivery boy. | 等我长大了 我就想做个披萨外卖小哥 |
[02:29] | Guys, we’re eighth graders now. | 兄弟们 我们八年级了 |
[02:31] | We’re, like, upperclassmen. We don’t need stories. | 就好比是上层人士 用不着什么故事 |
[02:34] | You’re right. We’re gonna be like men among boys. | 没错 我们就像是一群小屁孩里的成熟男性 |
[02:40] | # I wish I was a little bit taller # | #宝宝要是再长高点就好了# |
[02:41] | # I wish I was a baller # | #宝宝要是个球手就好了# |
[02:43] | # I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her # | #要是有个靓妞可以打打电话就好了# |
[02:45] | # I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat # | #帽子里有只兔子和球拍就好了# |
[02:47] | Who are those men? | 那些男的是谁啊 |
[02:49] | Nah, son. We’re eighth graders. | 我们升入八年级了 |
[02:52] | # ‘Cause she… # | #因为她# |
[02:56] | Imagination’s free, man. | 歪歪反正不要钱 |
[02:58] | Doesn’t cost you anything to make me feel good. | 自我感觉良好又没碍着你 |
[03:00] | Hey, here comes | 嘿 这不是 |
[03:02] | one of the new sixth graders now. | 新入学的六年级生吗 |
[03:03] | Right. Emery’s starting at our school this year. | 没错 埃默里今年来我们学校上学 |
[03:05] | I can’t wait. There’s so many | 我好期待啊 |
[03:06] | new people to meet, so many new things I want to try. | 可以结识更多的人 去尝试更多的事 |
[03:18] | Dude, sixth grade sucks. | 兄弟 六年级逊毙了 |
[03:20] | Try starting at mid-year on a Wednesday. | 星期三还有期中考呢 |
[03:24] | Lucky for you, you have me. | 算你走运 有我在 |
[03:26] | I blazed the trail, and now all you got to do | 我给你开了路 |
[03:29] | is kick back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. | 你就轻轻松松享受我的劳动成果吧 |
[03:34] | Fruits. | 水果啊 |
[03:35] | That’s what me and Emery would sometimes eat on the bus. | 我和埃默里有时在公交车上吃的就是水果啊 |
[03:39] | Evan’s taking it hard | 埃文需要一点时间来接受 |
[03:40] | that we won’t be at the same school anymore. | 我们不在同一个学校的事实 |
[03:42] | The thing I’m gonna miss the most | 我最想念的 |
[03:44] | is riding the bus together. | 就是一起乘公交的日子 |
[03:46] | That was our special brother time. | 那是专属于我们的兄弟时间 |
[03:48] | You’ll make new friends. | 你会交到新朋友的 |
[03:50] | They will be a bandage on a wound that will never heal. | 你是我流不干的泪 好不了的疤 |
[03:55] | Okay, don’t forget your lunch. | 行了 别忘记带午饭 |
[03:57] | Hurry up. You’re gonna miss the bus. | 快点 你要赶不上公交了 |
[04:00] | Mom, before I embark on middle school, | 妈 在升入中学前 |
[04:02] | I just want to say thank you for giving me the tools… | 我先谢谢你所给我的各种工具… |
[04:05] | Sure. Here’s a bag of trash. | 行 这是包垃圾 |
[04:06] | Put it in the can on your way out, okay? | 出门的时候顺便扔垃圾桶了 好吗 |
[04:12] | Wow, look at this mess. | 哇 看看着这一团糟 |
[04:14] | Look at this. | 看看看看 |
[04:15] | Batteries, an armless He-Man, and a tooth. | 电池 断臂男 还有一颗牙 |
[04:18] | It’s like the contents of a shark’s stomach. | 整个一鲨鱼的胃 |
[04:22] | Ah. Who could that be? | 啊 会是谁呢 |
[04:28] | Surprise! | 惊喜噢 |
[04:29] | This is Mary. She’s here to clean our house. | 这是玛丽 她来给我们打扫房子的 |
[04:32] | You work so hard, and the restaurant’s had | 你工作太辛苦了 |
[04:34] | a good summer. | 这个暑假餐厅的生意也不错 |
[04:35] | We can afford to get you some help. | 我们请的起帮手 |
[04:38] | I would love some help… | 我倒是需要请你 |
[04:41] | getting the knife out of my back. | 别在我背后耍花招 |
[04:45] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[04:49] | But… | 但是 |
[04:51] | Should I start on the bathrooms? | 我先从浴室开始清理吗 |
[05:00] | The beginning of the middle of the beginning of my life. | 中学是我人生的开始啊 |
[05:04] | Here. I made you something for your first day. | 给你 开学第一天 我给你准备了点东西 |
[05:07] | Aww, a gift? | 哇 是礼物吗 |
[05:08] | Of sorts, of sorts. | 算是吧 |
[05:11] | It’s a detailed account of the lies I’ve told at school | 这是我过去两年来 |
[05:12] | – for the past two years. – What? | -在学校所撒的谎的具体清单 -什么 |
[05:14] | I may have stretched the truth | 我夸大了我们的一些文化习俗 |
[05:16] | about our cultural heritage to make life easier. | 好让校园日子过得舒心些 |
[05:19] | I’m gonna need you to learn it all | 你得都记下来 |
[05:20] | so you don’t blow up my spot. | 这样你就不会拆我的台了 |
[05:23] | This is volume one. | 这是第一本 |
[05:24] | I haven’t finished copying the rest yet. | 其他的我还没有誊写完 |
[05:25] | Hand fatigue. | 抄得手酸 |
[05:30] | We get Harvest Day off? | 我们有过丰收节吗 |
[05:32] | What’s Harvest Day? | 什么丰收节 |
[05:33] | It’s a Chinese holiday | 这是个中国人的节日 |
[05:34] | that falls on the first Friday of every month. | 在每月的第一个星期五 |
[05:36] | That’s not true. | 你瞎说 |
[05:37] | White people don’t know that. | 白人又不知道 |
[05:39] | There’s so much in here. | 还有很多其他的 |
[05:40] | Why didn’t you give this to me earlier? | 你为什么不早点把这本书给我 |
[05:41] | Because I do things last minute per Chinese superstition. | 因为我总要拖到最后啊 中国人的作风嘛 |
[05:44] | Page 88. | 第八十八页 |
[05:46] | Aww, look at the little sixth graders. | 哇 看看那些六年级的小鬼 |
[05:48] | They are so cute. | 真呆萌 |
[05:50] | Hey, little guy! | 嘿 小屁孩 |
[05:54] | Every day at 11:15 we have to put | 每天十一点一刻 |
[05:56] | our heads on our desks and close our eyes | 我们将头靠在桌上 闭上眼睛 |
[05:59] | for 10 minutes? | 等十分钟 |
[06:00] | Facing west so we can sense if China’s coming for Taiwan. | 脸朝西 这样就知道中国是不是冲着台湾来了 |
[06:03] | How does taking a nap… | 打盹怎么会… |
[06:04] | Don’t poke holes. | 别打破沙锅问到底 |
[06:06] | The story is written, my friend. | 故事是人写的 |
[06:08] | You just need to learn it. | 你学学就好了 |
[06:09] | I don’t think I feel comfortable with this web of lies. | 这么多谎言 我感到不适应 |
[06:11] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. It’s not a web. | 喔 这可不只是一些谎言 |
[06:13] | It’s a hammock… something you can kick back and relax in. | 简直就是一吊子的谎话 你就好好享受吧 |
[06:17] | If you want to do all this, fine, | 你要想这么做就算了 |
[06:18] | but why do I have to go along with it? | 拉上我做什么 |
[06:20] | Because you have to. | 因为你必须得这么做 |
[06:22] | Do you know how much trouble I can get in? | 不然我会惹上多大的麻烦啊 |
[06:23] | I’d probably have to redo seventh grade. | 甚至要重读七年级 |
[06:25] | I-I guess. | 好吧 |
[06:26] | Cool, cool. Glad to have you on board. | 得了 欢迎加入 |
[06:29] | Wow, look at all the clubs they have here. | 天哪 看看这些社团 |
[06:32] | Sorry, little bro. | 抱歉 小兄弟 |
[06:34] | No extra ‘currics. | 不准加入课外活动 |
[06:35] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[06:37] | Read the book. | 好好看看这本书吧 |
[06:44] | Can I sit here? | 我能坐这儿吗 |
[06:46] | Sorry, that’s my brother’s seat. | 不好意思 这是我哥的座位 |
[06:48] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[06:49] | He goes to middle school now. | 他去上初中了 |
[06:50] | Oh, well, then I can sit here. | 那好吧 看来我可以坐这儿了 |
[06:53] | I got a bag of walnuts if you want to share. | 我带了一包核桃 可以分点给你 |
[06:55] | Hey, walnuts! A man sat here for two years! | 嘿 核桃小弟 有人在这个位置坐了两年 |
[06:57] | Show some respect! | 能不能给点尊重 |
[07:00] | She’s a housekeeper. It’s a gift. | 她是个清洁工 是我给你的礼物 |
[07:03] | Who is this woman? Where is she going to live? | 她是谁 她要住哪儿 |
[07:06] | No, no! She’s here to clean the house! | 不是的 她是来打扫房子的 |
[07:08] | It’s a gift! | 是礼物 |
[07:09] | Why do you think I would need help cleaning? | 你为什么觉得我需要别人给我打扫房子 |
[07:12] | This is just like Eddie with the math | 就像埃迪数学不好 |
[07:14] | when we got him that tutor. | 我们就给他请了个家教 |
[07:15] | You think I need a cleaning tutor?! | 你觉得我需要别人教我怎么打扫吗 |
[07:18] | There was a collapsed watermelon in the living room | 客厅里有个稀巴烂的西瓜 |
[07:20] | and you said the words, “A little help would be nice.” | 你也说了 要是有人帮忙就好了 |
[07:23] | Oh, so now it’s all my fault! | 噢 所以都是我的错咯 |
[07:24] | It’s a gift! | 这是个礼物 |
[07:25] | Louis, lower your voice. | 路易斯 小点儿声 |
[07:27] | We have company. | 还有别人在 |
[07:30] | Okay. | 行 |
[07:31] | You know what? I already paid her. | 我跟你说 我已经付过钱了 |
[07:32] | Let’s just let her clean one room. | 就让她先打扫一个房间 |
[07:34] | If you don’t like the job she does, | 你要是不满意她的工作 |
[07:36] | we’ll send her home and she’ll never come back. | 我们打发她走 不会再来了 |
[07:38] | Fine. | 行 |
[07:40] | But she can’t listen to music. | 但她不能听音乐 |
[07:42] | Okay, I’ll leave you ladies to it. | 好了 我把空间留给你们吧 |
[07:44] | Have fun. | 相处愉快噢 |
[08:08] | Hey there. | 嘿 |
[08:09] | Looks like we’re locker buddies. | 看来我们是储物柜好伙伴了 |
[08:11] | Uh, uh, Sorry. | 啊 不好意思 |
[08:13] | – This isn’t your locker. – What? | -这不是你的储物柜 -什么 |
[08:15] | All sixth-grade lockers start with the number four, | 所有六年级学生的储物柜开头数字都是四 |
[08:17] | and your brother told us | 你哥哥说 |
[08:18] | that four is unlucky in Chinese culture | 数字四在中文里不吉利 |
[08:19] | on account of it sounding like the word “Death.” | 听起来像在说“死” |
[08:22] | Oh. I… | 噢 我 |
[08:23] | Come with me. Let me show you your new locker. | 跟我来 我带你去新的储物柜 |
[08:25] | Your brother really liked it ’cause it’s right next to | 你哥哥可喜欢了 这储物柜就在入口旁边 |
[08:27] | the entrance, and you don’t even have to walk as far. | 不用走多远 |
[08:30] | Guess we’re locker strangers. | 看来我们是储物柜陌生人了 |
[08:35] | My locker’s next to yours, yo. | 我的储物柜就在旁边哟 |
[08:37] | Want to be my girlfriend? | 要不要做我女朋友 |
[08:38] | You were my second choice! | 你正好是我的第二选择 |
[08:39] | – P.K. – I’m Brittany. | -我叫P.K, -我是布莱特妮 |
[08:40] | Cool. | 太好了 |
[08:43] | Oh, I saved a seat for you in the back. | 噢 我给你在后面留了个座位 |
[08:45] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[08:47] | Eddie told me that it’s disrespectful in your culture | 埃迪跟我说在中国文化中 |
[08:49] | to sit close to a teacher who’s also a married woman. | 坐在已婚老师旁边是不尊重人的 |
[08:51] | Your distance shows your honor for my position | 你我之间的距离表示对我的尊敬 |
[08:54] | as well as my sacred union. | 也是对上帝的虔诚 |
[08:56] | Oh, yeah. Right. | 嗯 是的 |
[09:06] | Ugh. Why’s it so warm back here? | 额 为什么后面这么热 |
[09:10] | That’s me. I run hot. | 是我 我天性热 |
[09:11] | They say I’ll grow out of it, but, like, when? | 他们说我长大后就好了 但不知道要到什么时候 |
[09:16] | Green beans! | 青豆 |
[09:18] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[09:19] | We’re not gonna make you eat these. | 我们不会让你吃这个的 |
[09:20] | Eddie told us your body can’t process the chlorophyll. | 埃迪跟我们说你不能消化叶绿素 |
[09:23] | But… Here you go, sweetie. | 给你 亲爱的 |
[09:25] | Double tots. | 双份的 |
[09:27] | Uh, my body also has a hard time processing chlorophyll. | 我也不能消化叶绿素 |
[09:30] | Listen, mister, I don’t know what kind of scam you ran | 听着 我不管你在小学里撒的什么谎 |
[09:32] | at your elementary school, but this is my house. | 这是我的地盘 |
[09:35] | You’ll suck up beans with the rest of these damn fools. | 你就跟这些傻叉们吃你们的豆子去吧 |
[09:38] | Double green beans. | 双份的青豆 |
[09:50] | Hello. I am new gym teacher. | 嗨 我是你们的新体育老师 |
[09:52] | Whoa, You’re Bogdan Dragomir, | 哇 你是波格丹·德拉戈米儿 |
[09:54] | the Romanian who won three gold medals! | 那个得了金牌的罗马尼亚人 |
[09:56] | Da. How did you get here? | 你怎么到这儿来了 |
[09:58] | I am fortunate. | 我很幸运 |
[09:59] | I have cousin who lives in Orlando. | 我有个堂兄住在奥兰多 |
[10:01] | He get me job teaching sports at this university. | 给我找了份在这个大学教体育的工作 |
[10:06] | Come. You will take turns trying to pull me for 30 seconds. | 过来 你们轮流来拉我三十秒 |
[10:10] | You will fail, but your forearms, they will burn. | 你们拉不动的 但你们前臂肌肉会锻炼到 |
[10:23] | Okay, weak children. | 行了 没力气的小屁孩们 |
[10:25] | Hey, tomorrow we throw barrels over that wall | 嘿 明天我们扔桶过墙 |
[10:28] | like donkey monkey. | 就像驴跟猴子一样 |
[10:29] | Hit the showers. | 去洗澡 |
[10:32] | Hey, you little Asian boy named Eddie? | 嘿 你是那个叫埃迪的亚裔小男孩吗 |
[10:34] | No, he’s my brother. I’m Emery. | 不 那是我哥 我是埃默里 |
[10:36] | Old P.E. Teacher give me heads up. | 之前的体育老师跟我说过 |
[10:38] | Says you don’t have to shower with the other boys | 因为文化差异 |
[10:40] | because of culture. | 你不用跟他们一起洗 |
[10:41] | But I’m sweaty! | 但我浑身都湿透了 |
[10:42] | And I like to raise my hand to answer questions. | 而且我也想举手回答问题 |
[10:45] | I have chalk you can rub on body. | 我有滑石粉 你可以拿去擦身上 |
[10:47] | They call that Romanian shower. | 这叫罗马尼亚浴 |
[10:55] | I don’t do it side to side. | 我不是这么擦来擦去的 |
[10:58] | I do it in circles. | 我会打着圈儿擦 |
[10:59] | Better for the wood. | 这样对木头比较好 |
[11:01] | I’m sorry, but, uh, this isn’t wood. | 不好意思 呃 但这不是木头的 |
[11:04] | This is laminate. | 这是层压板的 |
[11:07] | I do it in circles. | 我会打着圈儿擦 |
[11:13] | Do you have experience with those?! | 你有打理这些东西的经验吗 |
[11:15] | They are very delicate. | 它们十分脆弱精贵 |
[11:17] | They are arranged in a certain tableau. | 它们都是按某种场景摆放的 |
[11:20] | Each angle tells a different story. | 每个角度都是不同的故事 |
[11:23] | Are they discussing the dust storm that just hit them? | 它们是在讨论刚刚过去的沙尘暴不 |
[11:27] | They’re covered in the fog of resiliency. | 它们都喷过弹性喷雾的 |
[11:29] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[11:30] | I just don’t think this is gonna work out. | 我觉得这样不行 |
[11:31] | Then you should leave. | 那你就走呗 |
[11:33] | That’s exactly what I’m gonna do. | 正有此意 |
[11:34] | I can’t wait to leave. | 我马上就走 |
[11:39] | Mr. Huang promised me a ride home. | 黄先生答应会送我回去的 |
[11:41] | # In your head # | #在你脑海中# |
[11:44] | # In your head # | #在你脑海中# |
[11:46] | # Zombie, zombie # | #僵尸 僵尸# |
[11:47] | It’s the next left. | 下个路口左转 |
[11:49] | # Zombie-ie-ie-ie, oh, oh # | #僵尸 尸 尸 尸 喔 喔# |
[11:53] | If you want to give me a couple dollars for gas, | 要是你想给我点油钱的话 |
[11:55] | it would be helpful. | 就感激不尽了 |
[12:05] | No “Yays.” | 别欢呼了 |
[12:06] | I was walking to water fountain. | 我只是想去喷泉那里而已 |
[12:08] | No, you weren’t. We pulled you. | 才没有 是我们赢了你 |
[12:10] | I’ve grown weak. Too much Kentucky chicken. | 我变弱了 吃多肯德基的后果 |
[12:15] | Hit the showers. | 洗澡去吧 |
[12:19] | Enjoy! | 好好洗哦 |
[12:23] | You too. | 你也去 |
[12:24] | Oh, right, you’re new. See, according to my culture… | 哦 对了 你是新来的 听着 我们那的文化是 |
[12:27] | Your brother, he tell me truth. | 你弟弟 已经跟我坦白了 |
[12:30] | He say your lies like a web. | 他说你撒谎多得数不清 |
[12:32] | Not hammock. | 罄竹难书噢 |
[12:34] | Lies?! | 撒谎 |
[12:35] | I don’t lie. My brother lies. | 我可没撒谎 我弟弟撒谎了 |
[12:38] | See, who are you gonna believe? | 听着 你会相信谁呢 |
[12:40] | Me, your best friend, or some Chinese kid you just met? | 是我这个好友 还是你素昧平生的中国小孩 |
[12:50] | We’re supposed to shower in the round? | 我们要站成一圈洗澡吗 |
[12:52] | Where are the curtains? | 帘子哪去了 |
[12:53] | Dude, there are no curtains. | 哥们 根本没有帘子 |
[12:55] | That’s why we came up with a system where | 所以我们想出了一个办法 |
[12:57] | we all look left to avoid eye contact. | 大家都往左边看来避免视线接触 |
[12:59] | It’s still not great. | 但效果不太好 |
[13:01] | I love it. | 我好开心啊 |
[13:02] | I got three sisters at home, | 我家有三个姐妹 |
[13:04] | so this is the most bathroom time I get. | 这真是难得的超长洗澡时间 |
[13:06] | Girls be showering, right? | 毕竟女孩子的洗澡速度嘛 对吧 |
[13:15] | Fun first day? | 第一天开心吗 |
[13:16] | I’d give it a 6. | 我打六分 |
[13:17] | – Is this still… – It is. | -所以是不是 -是 |
[13:19] | Sorry it’s taken me more than a few hours to move on. | 抱歉我花了太长时间去适应 |
[13:21] | There’s plenty of other seats. | 还有好多座位呢 |
[13:23] | Why do you want to sit in this one? | 你怎么非要坐这里 |
[13:25] | Because you remind me of my friend back in Indiana. | 因为你让我想起了在印第安纳的朋友 |
[13:27] | He was Chinese, wasn’t he? | 他是中国人 对吧 |
[13:29] | Yeah. Do you know him? | 对啊 你认识他吗 |
[13:31] | – Yes. – You do? | -嗯 -真的 |
[13:33] | Yeah. And he told me not to sit next to you. | 嗯 他还让我不要坐你旁边 |
[13:35] | Sounds like Charlie. Always busting balls. | 像是他说的话 他总是这么烦人 |
[13:39] | I guess now my day’s a 5. | 现在我要打五分了 |
[13:46] | I’ve seen things I wish I could unsee. | 我看见了我所不愿看见的东西 |
[13:49] | Ginger things. | 姜黄色的东西 |
[13:52] | Dark things. | 黑暗的东西 |
[13:54] | Brian’s things. | 布莱恩的东西 |
[13:56] | I enjoyed my shower. | 我还挺喜欢那个淋浴的 |
[13:57] | The water pressure was just incredible. | 水压真是爽爆了 |
[14:00] | Why did you blow my spot, bruh?! | 人艰不拆啊 哥们 |
[14:02] | They made me shower like a damn animal! | 他们逼我像动物一样洗澡 |
[14:04] | I’m not gonna lie for you anymore, Eddie. | 我再也不会替你圆谎了 埃迪 |
[14:06] | I’m done trying to live up to your low expectations. | 我再也不想按你的意愿行事了 |
[14:09] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我呢 |
[14:10] | Do you know how many kids would kill for a setup like this? | 你知道有多少孩子为了这样的机会争得你死我活吗 |
[14:13] | Well, not me! | 那可不包括我 |
[14:14] | I was really looking forward to middle school. | 我本来很期待初中生活的 |
[14:15] | But instead, my day sucked. | 但是事与愿违 上学第一天弱爆了 |
[14:17] | Why was your day hard again? Was it the better locker? | 你今天怎么不顺了 因为储物柜太好吗 |
[14:20] | The in-class nap? The double tots? | 因为上课睡觉吗 因为双份鸡块吗 |
[14:23] | Want to hear about my first day? | 你知道我的第一天是什么样的吗 |
[14:25] | Nobody could pronounce my name, | 没人能发对我名字的音 |
[14:26] | a bunch of white kids made fun of my food, | 一堆白人小孩嘲笑我的食物 |
[14:29] | and I had to eat lunch with the janitor. | 而且还得跟守门员一起吃午饭 |
[14:31] | I held his kite while he finished his cantaloupe. | 我还得拿着他的风筝 等他吃完甜瓜 |
[14:34] | I’m sorry you had to go through that. | 很遗憾你经历了这些事 |
[14:36] | I just want to learn. | 但我只想学习 |
[14:38] | I want to sit in the front of the class. | 我想坐到教室前排 |
[14:40] | I want to eat green beans. | 我想吃绿豌豆 |
[14:41] | I want to do after-school clubs. | 我想参加课后社团 |
[14:43] | Oh, yeah? What kind of clubs? | 哦是吗 什么社团 |
[14:45] | Karate, photography, maybe even learn an instrument. | 空手道啦 摄影啦 可能还会学门乐器 |
[14:48] | Like violin? | 小提琴之类的 |
[14:49] | Yes. | 没错 |
[14:51] | So, you want to be what everyone thought I was | 所以 你想要成为我进入学校第一天时 |
[14:53] | when I walked in on the first day. | 所有人以为我应该表现出的样子 |
[14:55] | You want to undo all the work I’ve done | 你想要彻底推翻我过去两年 |
[14:57] | over the past two years. | 辛苦树立起来的形象 |
[14:59] | You mean all the work you’ve done so you could just be lazy. | 你是说为了可以让自己偷懒而做的努力 |
[15:02] | They’re ignorant about who we are and where we come from. | 当他们忽略我们是谁又来自哪里时 |
[15:05] | Why shouldn’t we take advantage of that? | 我们何不利用这一点呢 |
[15:07] | They see me coming down the hall, they’re nervous. | 当我走进大厅时 他们会感到紧张 |
[15:09] | I’m keeping them on their toes, | 是我让他们战战兢兢 |
[15:10] | blazing trails, breaking chains. | 是我开辟了道路 打破了常规 |
[15:13] | Then they see you coming in your gi with your violin | 现在他们看到你 满脑子书呆子气和小提琴 |
[15:16] | and your camera, and we’re back to where we started! | 还有摄影 那我之前的努力全部都白费了 |
[15:23] | Are the TVs okay?! | 那些电视机怎么样 |
[15:25] | What? | 什么 |
[15:26] | You said to come down right away. | 你叫我马上过来 |
[15:27] | Did Nancy mess up the inputs? Have you tried hitting “Source”? | 是南茜又输错字了吗 你试着搜搜 来源 |
[15:29] | Jessica, the TVs are fine. | 杰西卡 电视机一切正常 |
[15:30] | Oh. Well, then what’s going on? | 噢 好吧 那到底发生了什么 |
[15:32] | I got an interesting phone call from Mary. | 玛丽给我打了一个很有意思的电话 |
[15:37] | Who? | 谁 |
[15:37] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[15:39] | The housekeeper who you apparently | 那个明显被算计油钱 |
[15:40] | shook down for gas money. | 的清洁佣人 |
[15:42] | Tell me, Louis, when did you fall in love with her? | 告诉我 路易斯 你什么时候爱上她的 |
[15:46] | Look, Jessica, I know you’re set in your way of doing things, | 听着 杰西卡 我知道一直以来你都有自己的那一套 |
[15:48] | but I promise you’ll like this if you give it a chance. | 但是我保证只要你给她一次机会 你一定会爱上她的 |
[15:51] | I did give it a chance. | 我给她机会了呀 |
[15:53] | She wiped the table wrong, and then she insulted the mice. | 她擦桌子的方法是错误的 而且她还辱骂我的老鼠们 |
[15:56] | You don’t know what she’s like when you’re not there, Louis. | 你根本不知道你不在场的时候她是个什么样子 |
[15:58] | I’m sure she was nervous. | 我相信她只是太紧张了 |
[16:00] | You were probably staring at her the whole time. | 你可能一直在盯着她 |
[16:02] | You have to give her a fair chance. | 你需要给她一次自由发挥的机会 |
[16:05] | Now, I talked to her, and she agreed to come back. | 我和她谈或了 她同意回来了 |
[16:07] | I don’t think that’s a | 我不觉得这是个 |
[16:08] | -good idea – As long as you weren’t there. | -好主意 -只要你别出现在场 |
[16:10] | She’s there right now, isn’t she? | 她已经到家里了 对吗 |
[16:12] | Mom let her in. | 妈给她开门的 |
[16:15] | You are all on my list. | 你们都被我加入黑名单了 |
[16:16] | You, your mother… | 你 你妈妈 |
[16:19] | – Mary. – Mary. | -玛丽 -玛丽 |
[16:21] | All in a line at the top of my list. | 你们并列在我的黑名单之首上 |
[16:27] | That being said, I respect your trickery. | 话虽如此 你这一次调虎离山之技用的很不错 |
[16:34] | Thank you, Mary. | 谢谢你 玛丽 |
[16:37] | You didn’t say thank you to Mary. | 你没有和玛丽道谢 |
[16:39] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:40] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[16:42] | I just… I miss elementary school. | 我只是 有点想念小学生活了 |
[16:45] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[16:46] | Middle school’s not as fun as I thought it’d be. | 中学并没有我想象的那么有趣 |
[16:49] | It’s a lot more complicated. | 它要复杂许多 |
[16:51] | Well, at least you have Eddie there to help you. | 好吧 至少你有埃迪在那帮着你 |
[16:53] | Eddie’s kind of the problem. | 或许埃迪才是问题所在 |
[17:02] | Tell me everything. | 和我谈谈吧 |
[17:05] | Brick! | 大好人 |
[17:07] | What the hell, man? | 哥们 你弄啥嘞 |
[17:09] | I’m sorry. Did I just ruin something for you? | 不好意思 我刚刚是毁了你的进球吗 |
[17:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:13] | Everything you touch turns to dog-doo. | 你把一切都变成了小狗便便 |
[17:15] | Let me guess. You talked to Emery. | 让我猜猜 你和埃默里谈过了吧 |
[17:16] | He left elementary school a joyful boy. | 他离开小学的时候还是个快乐的男孩 |
[17:19] | One day with you, Eddie… One day! | 只和你待了一天 只是一天 |
[17:21] | He can’t even lift his head long enough | 他连抬起头和佣人道谢的 |
[17:23] | to say thank you to the maid. | 元气都没有了 |
[17:25] | What maid? | 什么佣人 |
[17:26] | Emery’s not like you. | 埃默里和你不一样 |
[17:28] | He just wants to be himself, and you’re not letting him. | 他只是想做自己 但是你却阻止了他 |
[17:31] | Why? Because I’m blazing trails and breaking chains? | 为什么 就因为我开辟新道路 打破旧常规 |
[17:34] | You’re breaking your brother’s spirit. | 你打破了你亲弟弟的灵魂 |
[17:36] | He’s just Emery. | 他只是埃默里 |
[17:37] | Stop making him feel bad for being who he is. | 不要让他觉得做自己是件错误的事情了 |
[17:46] | Wow. | 哇 |
[17:48] | The house looks incredible. | 这座房子看上去太赞了 |
[17:51] | She even got the bleach stain out of the cushion. | 她甚至把垫子上漂白粉的痕迹都去掉了 |
[17:55] | My mice. | 我的小老鼠 |
[18:03] | Did she touch up the rhubarb? | 她是给大黄菜补色了吗 |
[18:06] | It’s so vibrant. | 简直生气盎然 |
[18:09] | I noticed it was chipped the last time I was here, | 我上次来的时候 注意到它有一点瑕疵 |
[18:11] | so I brought some model paint. | 所以我带了一点颜料过来 |
[18:14] | I hope that’s okay. | 希望你们喜欢 |
[18:18] | See? I told you. Isn’t this great? | 看 我告诉过你吧 是不是很棒 |
[18:22] | Yes, it is. | 是的没错 |
[18:24] | What? | 又怎么了 |
[18:26] | This is what I was afraid of. | 这正是我最担心的事情 |
[18:28] | What’s next? We hire somebody to do our taxes, | 下一步又该是什么 雇一个人来管我们的帐吗 |
[18:31] | cut the grass, remove asbestos from the ceiling? | 修建我们的草地 把石棉从天花板上弄走吗 |
[18:33] | Maybe. If we could afford it, what’s wrong with that? | 也许吧 如果我们能够支付得起 又有什么问题呢 |
[18:36] | A family is supposed to do things for each other, | 家人就是应该为彼此出力 而不是 |
[18:39] | not hire strangers to do them. | 花钱请陌生人来做 |
[18:41] | But we don’t like doing those things. | 但是我们不喜欢做这些事情啊 |
[18:43] | At Cattleman’s, I hire people to do things I don’t want to do. | 在店里 我就是雇人来做我不想做的事情的 |
[18:46] | I don’t want to run our house like a business. | 我可不想把我们的房子当成生意打理 |
[18:50] | No, I don’t love cleaning up after everybody, | 是 我是不喜欢跟在大家后面帮大家打扫 |
[18:53] | but they need me to. | 但是 他们需要我 |
[18:55] | I like that they need me to. | 而我喜欢这种被需要的感觉 |
[18:57] | I don’t want a stranger taking care of my family. | 我不想让一个陌生人来替我照顾我的家人 |
[19:01] | I want to be the one taking care of them, | 我想去做那个照顾他们 |
[19:04] | and then resenting them for not appreciating it. | 然后又抱怨他们不懂得好好珍惜的人 |
[19:08] | Well, I’m sorry about the gift. | 好吧 对于这份礼物我很抱歉 |
[19:12] | We won’t have a housekeeper. | 我们不会再雇清洁佣人 |
[19:13] | You can clean the house yourself. | 你可以自己打扫这间房子 |
[19:16] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[19:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:21] | I did promise Mary a ride home, though. | 但是 我确实答应了要送玛丽回家 |
[19:23] | # Un-break my heart, say you’ll love me again # | #不要让我伤心 请再爱我一次# |
[19:28] | Mary, how did you get the stain out of the couch? | 玛丽 你是怎么把垫子上面那团污渍去掉的 |
[19:31] | Oh, it’s a family secret. | 噢 这是个家族秘密 |
[19:36] | How did you get it out, Mary? | 你说不说 玛丽 |
[19:53] | You signed me up for Karate Club. | 你帮我报名空手道俱乐部了 |
[19:56] | If you want to do karate, you should do karate. | 如果你想学空手道 你就应该去做 |
[19:58] | And you’re okay with that? | 你不介意吗 |
[20:00] | I don’t want to embarrass you. | 我不想让你尴尬 |
[20:01] | Who cares what I think? | 我的想法算什么 |
[20:03] | Who cares what anyone thinks? | 别人的想法算什么 |
[20:05] | You do you, dawg. | 做你想做的 兄弟 |
[20:07] | I’ll just keep on putting those cracks in the jade ceiling. | 我就继续当好吃懒做的破坏王 |
[20:10] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[20:13] | Oh, can we just keep Harvest Day? | 哦 我们能把丰收日留下吗 |
[20:15] | Fine, as… as long as I don’t miss any tests. | 好吧 只要我没有错过测试就成 |
[20:18] | We c’t control when Harvest Day is, Emery. | 我们不能控制丰收日的日期 埃默里 |
[20:20] | That’s up to the moon. | 这要看月亮的心情了 |
[20:30] | Hi. Can I sit here? | 嘿 我可以坐这儿吗 |
[20:36] | What made you change seats? | 你怎么换座位了 |
[20:37] | I don’t need bus time with my brother. | 我不需要和我哥哥一起坐巴士 |
[20:39] | I live with him. | 他一直与我同在 |
[20:40] | But it’s nice to keep his memory alive here, too. | 但是 对他的记忆依旧鲜活如初也挺好 |
[20:51] | Emery’s dead?! | 埃默里去世了 |
[20:52] | I thought he just went to middle school! | 我以为他只是去读中学了 |
[20:55] | That’s Sharlene. She’s a real pill. | 这是莎琳 她很不正常 |