时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 字幕仅供学习,勿用于商 转载请注明出处,版权归片方所有 | |
[00:02] | Oh, yeah, that looks good. Perfect. | 哦不错 看上去完美 |
[00:06] | The curtain on this voting booth is broken. | 这个投票间的帘子坏了 |
[00:08] | I have a shower curtain at home… has an octopus on it. | 我家里有一个上面有章鱼图案的洗澡帘 |
[00:12] | Uh, Jess, fix this. | 啊 杰丝 把它修好 |
[00:13] | I want Election Day to run as smoothly as possible. | 我希望选举日会像我预想的一样顺利进行 |
[00:16] | Our way of life depends on it. | 我们的日子就靠它了 |
[00:18] | What do you need our help with? | 你需要我们帮你什么 |
[00:19] | Setting up the polling station. | 布置好投票站 |
[00:21] | In just one week, voters will use our humble restaurant | 就在一个星期以后 选民会在我们这个小小的饭店里 |
[00:23] | to choose between Bill Clinton and Bob Dole. | 在比尔·克林顿和鲍勃·多尔之中做出抉择 |
[00:26] | Well, at least we’re getting paid for this. | 好吧 至少还能赚到一点 |
[00:27] | Only in civic pride. I volunteered. | 只赚到了公民荣誉感 这是我自愿的 |
[00:30] | Divorce. | 离婚 |
[00:32] | Are you gonna register to vote this year, Mom? | 你今年会登记投票吗 妈妈 |
[00:34] | No interest. | 没兴趣 |
[00:35] | American politics is so boring compared to Taiwan. | 美国政治比台湾政治无聊多了 |
[00:45] | And those people were in the same party. | 那些人还都是一个政党的 |
[00:47] | Well, I believe in voting. | 好吧 但我信任投票 |
[00:48] | Who we pick as president matters. | 我们对于总统的选择十分重要 |
[00:49] | There’s so many issues at stake. | 现在有那么事情急需解决 |
[00:51] | Please. It’s not as if your vote counts. | 拜托 你的选择没那么重要 |
[00:53] | – Of course it does. – Evan. | -当然重要 -埃文 |
[00:55] | The Electoral College | 选举团 |
[00:56] | violates the rule of “One person, one vote.” | 违反了“一人一票”的规则 |
[00:58] | It was made to benefit slave-owners | 这是为了通过散发选票 |
[01:00] | by distributing votes. | 而让奴隶主受益 |
[01:01] | That means the candidate who wins the popular vote | 这意味着 票数最高的候选人 |
[01:04] | can still lose the election. | 也可能会输掉选举 |
[01:05] | And that is extremely undemocratic. | 这 就极其的不民主 |
[01:09] | But you get a sticker. | 但你能拿到一卷胶带 |
[01:10] | Why are we talking about stuff | 你们为什么尽谈论些 |
[01:12] | that no one cares about?! | 没人关心的事情呢 |
[01:13] | Tupac is dead! | 图派克死了啊 |
[01:39] | This light always takes forever. | 这个红灯也太久了 |
[01:42] | Evan, write to the city about this. | 埃文 写封信给市政府投诉 |
[01:43] | Sure, but they’re getting tired of hearing from me. | 当然可以 但是他们已经不想再收到我的信了 |
[01:45] | Are you in a rush, Mom? | 你很急吗 妈妈 |
[01:47] | I’m late to close a deal I’ve been working on for months. | 有一个我忙了几个月的合同 我已经迟到了 |
[01:49] | This house will be my biggest sale yet. | 这个房子是我到现在为止最大的一单 |
[01:52] | Please drive the speed limit. You don’t want to hit someone. | 请不要超速 你可不想撞到人 |
[01:54] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[01:55] | Then I would really be late. | 那样我就真会迟到了 |
[01:57] | Did you guys watch the news this morning? | 你们今天早上看新闻了吗 |
[01:59] | Yes! The Dow Jones is at an all-time high. | 看了 道琼斯指数达到空前顶峰 |
[02:02] | Nah, man! I said the news… MTV News. | 啊 天哪 我是说新闻 音乐台新闻 |
[02:05] | They’re trying to pin Tupac’s assassination on Biggie! | 他们想把图派克被刺杀这件事怪到贝吉身上 |
[02:11] | Biggie didn’t do it! | 可贝吉什么都没做啊 |
[02:13] | This is just a big distraction so we don’t ask | 这就是为了掩人耳目 那样我们就不会再 |
[02:15] | how his killer obtained a Glock anyways. | 追问那个凶手是怎么拿到他的格洛克枪的 |
[02:16] | We need better gun control. | 我们的枪支管制得更严格一点才行 |
[02:18] | Which is why everyone should Rock The Vote for Clinton. | 所以我们就该把票投给克林顿 |
[02:20] | I like Bob Dole. He seems like a nice, old man. | 我喜欢鲍勃·多尔 他看上去是个亲切的老男人 |
[02:23] | He has a zero chance to win. | 他完全没有机会赢得选举的 |
[02:25] | Evan, I had no idea you were a Democrat. | 埃文 我从来不知道你支持民主党诶 |
[02:28] | I belong to no party. I believe in numbers. | 我是无党派者 我只相信数字 |
[02:31] | And the electoral math doesn’t work out for Dole. | 从选举统计的数据看 多尔机会渺茫 |
[02:33] | Then I guess I just have to work harder | 那我觉得 我得更努力地去 |
[02:35] | spreading the Dole message. | 传播多尔的思想 |
[02:36] | Is Bob Dole the one that keeps falling off stages? | 鲍勃·多尔就是那个总是摔下台的人吗 |
[02:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:47] | Raul Ruiz! | 劳尔·路易斯 |
[02:49] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[02:50] | I just closed on my first mini-mansion… | 我刚刚卖出了我第一个小型别墅 |
[02:53] | 4 bedrooms, 10 baths. | 四个卧室 十个卫生间 |
[02:55] | Very strange ratio, I know, but I made it work. | 我知道这个比例很奇怪 但我做到了 |
[02:58] | I know… It’s a very big deal. | 我知道 这单很大 |
[03:00] | – Mm-hmm. – How’s the condo market? | -嗯 -你的公寓卖得如何 |
[03:03] | Ohhh. | 哦 |
[03:05] | Well, I’ll try to send some business your way. | 我会尽量给你多拉点生意的 |
[03:08] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[03:10] | I remember when I sold my first big house. | 我记得我卖掉我第一个大房子的时候 |
[03:13] | Practically my whole commission went to taxes. | 事实上 我所有的佣金都用来交税了 |
[03:16] | Based on the amount of time I spent making the sale, | 考虑上我在那笔生意上花的时间 |
[03:20] | I actually wound up losing money. | 我其实是亏本的 |
[03:25] | Congratulations on your success. | 恭喜你成功了 |
[03:34] | We’ve wanted her since sixth grade. | 从六年级开始 我们就想坐在这张桌子上了 |
[03:35] | The second-best table in the cafeteria. | 这是食堂里第二好的桌子 |
[03:37] | And it’s right next to the gym door. | 而且她就靠着体育馆门 |
[03:39] | If you want to go play some ball, it’s right there. | 如果你想去打球 走几步就到了 |
[03:42] | And there’s finally enough room for all of us. | 而且 终于我们所有人都有位置了 |
[03:43] | None of us have to sit on the floor. | 不用多出一个人坐在地板上了 |
[03:45] | You mean I don’t have to sit on the floor. | 你的意思是 我不用再坐在地板上了 |
[03:48] | There was no rotation, Dave. | 当时没得选择 戴夫 |
[03:50] | I still can’t believe we got her. | 我还是无法相信我们已经得到她了 |
[03:51] | Our only real competition was Ned and his friends. | 我们唯一的真正对手可是奈得和他的朋友 |
[03:56] | Thank God he got into Morrissey. | 谢天谢地他爱上了莫里西 |
[03:58] | Singing, frowning, wearing a flower in his back pocket… | 唱歌 皱眉 在他的后口袋里插花 |
[04:01] | Now he eats lunch all alone. | 现在他只能独自吃午饭了 |
[04:02] | Guys, can we agree we’re killing it in eighth grade? | 伙计们 我们八年级的时候肯定横扫学校了吧 |
[04:07] | Just like how Biggie killed Tupac. | 就像贝吉杀了图派克那样横扫 |
[04:10] | One… East Coast/West Coast rivalry sells albums. | 第一点 东海岸和西海岸的对抗会让唱票大卖 |
[04:14] | Biggie needed ‘Pac to get paid. | 贝吉需要图派克来赚钱 |
[04:16] | Two… Puffy loves Biggie too much | 第二点 帕非很喜欢贝吉 |
[04:18] | to let him do something stupid like this. | 他不会让做出这种蠢事的 |
[04:21] | Three… Biggie travels by train. | 第三点 贝吉出门都乘火车 |
[04:23] | So you mean to tell me that Biggie traveled | 而你现在是在告诉我 贝吉 |
[04:25] | from New York to Las Vegas, | 从纽约一路坐到拉斯维加斯 |
[04:27] | saw the sunrise over the Grand Canyon, | 在大运河上看过日出后 |
[04:29] | and he still had enough anger inside him to shoot Tupac? | 依旧难以压抑内心的怒火 跑去开枪打死了图派克吗 |
[04:34] | Biggie’s innocent. | 贝吉是无辜的 |
[04:35] | Okay. If Biggie didn’t do it, then who did? | 好吧 但是如果他没有杀人 是谁杀的呢 |
[04:37] | Oh, I have my theories. | 哦 我心中已有人选 |
[04:39] | # I’m so sad # | #我痛不欲生# |
[04:41] | # I’m so lonely, lonely # | #我独自一人 寂寞万分# |
[04:45] | # Lo-o-nely # | #寂寞万分# |
[04:47] | # I was sittin’ at a red light # | #我坐在红灯前# |
[04:49] | Oh. Hey. Check it out, boss. | 哦 嘿 看这个 老板 |
[04:51] | I’ve repurposed some of our Halloween stuff. | 我重新组装了一下我们的万圣节剩下的东西 |
[04:53] | # And amber waves of brains! # | #看那泛着波光的脑浆# |
[04:58] | You’re going to ruin Election Day. | 你会毁了选举日的 |
[05:01] | Hey! Did you sell the house? | 嘿 你卖出那套房子了吗 |
[05:04] | Yes. | 当然 |
[05:05] | Congratulations! | 恭喜你 |
[05:06] | Where’s your celebration dance? | 你的庆祝舞蹈呢 |
[05:11] | – Are you okay? – No! | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[05:12] | Raul Ruiz said that this big commission I earned | 劳尔·路易斯说这笔我现在赚了这么大的一笔钱 |
[05:15] | is going to push us into a higher tax bracket. | 要被征收的税也只会更多 |
[05:17] | I looked into it, and it’s true. | 我查了查 他说得对 |
[05:20] | I’m going to end up losing money on this sale | 我做这单生意还亏本了呢 |
[05:21] | to pay more stupid taxes. | 就为了付那愚蠢的税 |
[05:24] | Well, you know, taxes aren’t all bad. | 你知道 税并不都是坏事 |
[05:25] | They pay for stuff we need, like roads and schools. | 他们会为我们需要的东西付钱 比如道路和学校 |
[05:27] | Whose side are you on… | 你到底站在哪边 |
[05:30] | It’s outrageous that I should have to… | 我难以忍受我要 |
[05:42] | Hector? | 赫克托 |
[05:43] | Is this your car? | 是你的车吗 |
[05:44] | Ye-e-ah! | 耶 |
[05:49] | I’m into street racing. | 我最近爱上了街头竞赛 |
[05:51] | I have a body for drifting… | 我的身体能完美适应 |
[05:52] | A perfect 50/50 weight split. | 塞车的五五重量划分 |
[05:53] | Lucky you. My body’s dumb. | 你真是幸运 我的身体就很木 |
[05:56] | Look at this paint job. | 看这个漆匠活 |
[05:58] | It’s like a blue car drove through a gold waterfall | 就像是一辆蓝车穿过了金色的瀑布 |
[06:01] | and then the wind just started blowing the gold away. | 之后 风开始吹拂这片金色 |
[06:04] | Hell yeah. | 天哪太棒了 |
[06:05] | Check out my exhaust, too. Cost me about 1,000 bones. | 看看排气管 这花了我大概一千块 |
[06:07] | $1,000? | 一千美元吗 |
[06:10] | I dropped 10 grand under the hood, too. | 我还在我的车篷上花了十块 |
[06:12] | You can’t be part of the Brown Rice Car Club | 如果你没有一辆好车的话 ? 怎么可能 |
[06:14] | without coming correct. | 成为棕米车俱乐部的一员呢 |
[06:16] | How do you afford all this? You’re a cook. | 你怎么买得起这个 你只是个厨子 |
[06:18] | And I’m supposed to split my tips with you. And I don’t. | 本来我应该跟你平分小费的 现在我不了 |
[06:21] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[06:22] | I know you and Herb are saving up for a gazebo. | 我知道你和赫伯在存钱买一个露台 |
[06:24] | Yeah. I always have a little extra | 是啊 我总有点小存款 |
[06:26] | ’cause I don’t pay the taxman. | 因为我不需要纳税 |
[06:28] | I took this business seminar by Wesley Snipes. | 我过去参加韦斯利·斯奈普斯的业务研讨会 |
[06:30] | It really opened up my eyes. | 那真的开阔了我的视野 |
[06:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:35] | Jimmy just wants to fly a kite. | 吉米只是想放风筝 |
[06:38] | Where are the children supposed to play? | 孩子们究竟该去哪里玩耍 |
[06:40] | Support the Clean Parks Initiative. | 请支持清洁公园倡议 |
[06:42] | Vote “Yes” On Prop B. | 为B提案投出宝贵的一票 |
[06:44] | Hm. I’m definitely voting for that. | 恩 我肯定投这个 |
[06:46] | All these political ads… you know they’re just | 这些政治广告 你知道的他们只是 |
[06:49] | using that kid to manipulate you. | 利用儿童来影响你 |
[06:51] | This is Sarah. | 这是萨拉 |
[06:52] | Here we go again. | 又来了 |
[06:53] | What’s wrong with Sarah? | 萨拉又怎么了 |
[06:55] | Sarah has a dream… | 萨拉有个梦想 |
[06:56] | that voters will pass a bond measure | 选民们将通过债券 |
[06:58] | for a new mixed-use sports arena. | 建一个新的多用途体育馆 |
[07:00] | That’s just another thing that my taxes are going to pay for | 这肯定又要用我交的税来建了 |
[07:03] | that Hector will get to use for free. | 但是赫克托却能免费使用 |
[07:05] | Is he an illegal immigrant? | 他是非法移民吗 |
[07:07] | It’s “Undocumented immigrant.” | 正确的说法是“无证件”移民 |
[07:08] | Saying “Illegal” Is kind of offensive. | 说“非法”有点过分了 |
[07:10] | – And no, Hector’s a citizen. – How do you know? | -而且不对 赫克托是正式公民 -你咋知道 |
[07:12] | He has a Social Security number. | 他有社保号码 |
[07:13] | Well, then, doesn’t the government | 好吧 那么 政府 |
[07:15] | take taxes out of his paycheck? | 难道不从他薪水里扣除税收吗 |
[07:17] | No, because he asked me to pay him | 不 因为他要我通过 |
[07:18] | through his corporation, Technotron Logistics. | 他的公司 结型管效应物流 给他工资 |
[07:21] | Hector is incorporated?! | 赫克托还有合并公司 |
[07:23] | But it costs a lot of money to incorporate. | 但那要花了不少钱 |
[07:25] | We’re not even incorporated. | 我们甚至都还没有合并 |
[07:26] | Yeah, and I keep telling you we should be. | 没错 但我一直和你说我们应该要去合并 |
[07:28] | Yes, it costs money now, | 是啊 那是得要花钱 |
[07:29] | but we’d be saving so much money in the future. | 但我们可以未来存不少钱 |
[07:31] | I stopped listening after you said “It costs money now.” | 你说“那得花钱”之后我就没听你说话了 |
[07:35] | Illegal immigrants keep coming onto our shores. | 非法移民一直不停地来到我们的海岸 |
[07:38] | The federal government won’t stop them, | 联邦政府非但不阻止他们 |
[07:40] | yet makes us pay billions to take care of them. | 反而要我们花几十亿元钱去照顾他们 |
[07:42] | But the Wall Keepers want to stop that. | 但“守护者联盟”们想阻止这一切 |
[07:44] | I’m Jack Clovis, president of the Wall Keepers | 我是杰克·克洛维斯 守护者联盟的总统 |
[07:47] | and owner of a Blimpie Subs & Salads. | 还是布里姆公司一艘沙拉潜艇的拥有者 |
[07:50] | I want to end illegal immigration | 我想通过在海岸边建起 |
[07:52] | by putting up a wall of Border Patrol agents | 一堵由边境巡逻人员组成的人墙 来终结 |
[07:54] | on our shore. | 非法移民 |
[07:56] | Enough is enough. | 事情该有个了断了 |
[07:58] | Also, come down to Blimpie’s. | 还有 记得来我的三明治店 |
[07:59] | We’ve improved our crabmeat. | 我们最近改进了蟹肉的口味 |
[08:01] | Such fearmongering. Can you believe this ad? | 这么散布恐惧 你能相信这个广告吗 |
[08:09] | 每位顾客 赠送一根牙签 | |
[08:11] | Put those back. | 把那些放回去 |
[08:23] | – This is messed up. – Why? | -这糟透了 -为什么 |
[08:25] | You’re a citizen, so… doesn’t apply to you. | 你是个公民 所以 对你不适用 |
[08:28] | Jessica, these signs are a huge polling violation. | 杰西卡 挂上这些标志严重违反了投票的规定 |
[08:32] | No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place. | 投票站100英尺内不能有拉票活动 |
[08:34] | I thought you’d be happy. | 我以为你会高兴的 |
[08:36] | I now see the point in voting. | 我现在发现投票的重点在哪了 |
[08:38] | But this proposition is anti-immigrant. | 但这个提案可是反对移民 |
[08:40] | – So? – You’re an immigrant. | -所以呢 -你自己就是移民的 |
[08:42] | I’m a legal immigrant. | 我是合法移民 |
[08:44] | I did it the right way. | 我通过正当的途径 |
[08:45] | I went through the immigration process. | 我经历了整个移民申请过程 |
[08:47] | I waited my turn. | 我等到了我的机会 |
[08:48] | I didn’t jump the line. | 又没有插队 |
[08:51] | This is just about fairness. | 这事关公平 |
[08:54] | Oh. Hector, come back. | 噢 赫克托 回来 |
[08:56] | He’s the only one with the key to the freezer. | 只有他那有冰箱的钥匙 |
[09:04] | Tupac wanted to leave Death Row Records. | 图派克想离开死囚唱片公司 |
[09:06] | His killer is obviously Suge Knight! | 他的凶手显然是苏治·耐特 |
[09:08] | Shh! Don’t say his name, fool! | 嘘 别说他的名字 傻瓜 |
[09:10] | He’s like a hip-hop Candyman! | 他就像一个嘻哈甜心宝贝 |
[09:12] | Shh! Don’t say “Candyman.” | 嘘 别说甜心宝贝 |
[09:14] | Man, screw Tupac. | 老兄 去你的图派克 |
[09:15] | Hey! Hey! Ooh! | 嘿 噢 嘿 |
[09:16] | Tupac wasn’t really a thug! | 图派克不是真正的暴徒 |
[09:17] | He went to a fancy performing-arts school. | 他去了一家高级表演艺术学校 |
[09:19] | He studied acting and ballet. | 学了表演和芭蕾 |
[09:20] | He was in “The Nutcracker” And played the damn Mouse King. | 他在胡桃夹子里演那只老鼠国王 |
[09:23] | “Thug life”? Try “Hug life.” | 暴徒生活 还不如说是拥抱生活 |
[09:24] | That’s immaterial, homey. | 那些都不重要的 老兄 |
[09:26] | Walter, stick to the question at hand. | 沃尔特 说回刚才说的话题 |
[09:28] | Who do you think killed him? | 你觉得是谁杀的 |
[09:29] | Courtney Love. | 科特妮·洛芙 |
[09:30] | That’s stupid! | 不可能 |
[09:31] | This has Tony Danza written all over it. | 托尼·丹扎都写过了 |
[09:33] | For real?! | 真的吗 |
[09:34] | I just read in Source magazine | 我刚看了《源》杂志 |
[09:36] | that Tony Danza used to write to ‘Pac when he was in prison. | 托尼·丹扎在蹲监狱的时候曾经写信给图派克 |
[09:38] | So? They’re pen pals. | 所以呢 他俩是笔友 |
[09:40] | It’s super-weird but not a big deal. | 这很奇怪 可没啥大不了 |
[09:41] | Yeah, but here’s the thing about Tony Danza… | 是的 但是这有件关于托尼·丹扎的事 |
[09:43] | He doesn’t like it when other people succeed. | 他不喜欢看到别人成功 |
[09:46] | Tony Danza is the first person to lift someone up! | 他可是第一个鼓舞人心的家伙 |
[09:49] | His letters were the only thing keeping ‘Pac alive! | 他的信是图派克活着唯一的理由 |
[09:51] | I have a question… | 我有个问题 |
[09:53] | Who’s Tupac, again? | 再问一遍 谁是图派克 |
[09:57] | I bet Lil’ Kim and Faith Evans teamed up. | 我敢打赌莉莉金和费丝·伊文斯联手了 |
[09:59] | – Naw, man! It was… – No, I know who did it! | -不是的 老兄 其实是… -不对 我知道是谁干的 |
[10:00] | It’s my turn to talk, tricks! | 骗子们 轮到我说话了 |
[10:02] | No, I think it’s your turn to shut up! | 不 我觉得该你闭嘴了 |
[10:03] | Your mom didn’t tell me to shut up | 我带你妈去吃晚饭看电影时 |
[10:05] | when I took her to dinner and a movie. | 她可没叫我闭嘴 |
[10:07] | Oh, did you order the nuggets off the kids menu? | 噢 你有没有从孩童菜单上点一份金块 |
[10:09] | Ask her to cut up your hot dog? | 请她切掉你的热狗 |
[10:11] | At least Brian believes in Christmas. | 起码布莱恩相信圣诞节 |
[10:13] | We are Unitarian! | 我们是一神论者 |
[10:14] | I can’t listen to a guy who has a crush on the school nurse. | 我可不能听信一个喜欢学校护士的人 |
[10:17] | She’s fine and she take care of me. | 她人很好 而且她很照顾我 |
[10:18] | You know what? I’m not really enjoying this table right now. | 你知道吗 我现在可不喜欢这张桌子 |
[10:21] | – Me neither. – This blows. I’m out. | -我也不喜欢 -这糟透了 我走了 |
[10:23] | Guys, come back! We could lose the table! | -哥们 回来 我们会失去这张桌子的 |
[10:25] | Did Tupac sing “Parents Just Don’t Understand”? | 图派克有没有唱过《家长就是不明白》 |
[10:29] | Guys?! | 哥们 |
[10:32] | Vote for Bob Dole? | 为鲍勃·多尔投一票吧 |
[10:35] | Don’t you want to vote for a sweet grandpa? | 你难道不想为一位可爱的爷爷投票吗 |
[10:37] | Vote for Bob Dole. | 为鲍勃·多尔投一票吧 |
[10:40] | Are you voting for Clinton or Dole this year, sir? | 先生 你今年准备投给克林顿还是多尔 |
[10:42] | I’m voting for the Green Party candidate. | 我会投给绿党的候选人 |
[10:44] | Oh. Okay. | 噢 好吧 |
[10:45] | Well, I’ll vote for this chair, then, | 那么我会投给这把椅子 |
[10:46] | ’cause it has an equal chance of winning. | 因为他俩赢得选举的机会是一样的 |
[10:50] | Here, Emery. Let me help you. | 来吧 埃默里 让我来帮你 |
[10:53] | Here you go. Vote for Dole. | 拿去吧 为多尔投票 |
[10:55] | Thanks, Evan. | 谢谢 埃文 |
[10:57] | I’m thrilled you’ve decided to join the revolution. | 我很激动你已经决定加入这场革命了 |
[10:59] | Oh, I haven’t. | 噢 我还没有 |
[11:00] | I’m just trying to prove to you | 我只是想向你证明 |
[11:01] | that we can hand out all these buttons | 就算我们可以发完这些纽扣 |
[11:03] | and it still won’t make a difference. | 也丝毫不会影响到选举的结果 |
[11:06] | Listen to the wind, brother. | 顺其自然吧 老哥 |
[11:07] | Boys! No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place! | 孩子们 投票点100英尺内不准有任何拉票活动 |
[11:11] | What about Hector? | 那赫克托呢 |
[11:13] | No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 不 |
[11:20] | What the hell?! | 搞什么鬼 |
[11:21] | I brought my car club to protest | 我带了我的汽车俱乐部成员来抗议 |
[11:23] | Jessica’s support of Prop 187. | 杰西卡对第187号提案的支持 |
[11:25] | Don’t worry. They’ll be gone soon. | 别担心 他们很快就要走了 |
[11:27] | I called the authorities. | 我给政府打了电话 |
[11:28] | The police can’t do anything. It’s a peaceful protest. | 警察什么也做不了 这是个和平抗议 |
[11:30] | I didn’t call the police. | 我并不是打给了警察 |
[11:35] | Wake up! | 快醒来 |
[11:36] | Register and vote! | 注册然后投票 |
[11:38] | Rock the Vote! | 让投票嗨起来 |
[11:44] | Naw. My friends are irritating the hell out of me right now. | 不要 我的小伙伴们现在快把我烦死了 |
[11:49] | They all act like they’re the smartest ones at the table. | 他们表现得好像自己是桌上最聪明的人 |
[11:52] | 如果你们的想法不同啊 但是你们还可以做朋友嘛 | |
[11:56] | I don’t need to be around people like that. | 我才不想跟他们那种人一起混 |
[12:05] | 但是后来 变了 搞得不怎么样 | |
[12:08] | But Biggie didn’t kill Tupac! | 但是贝吉没有杀了图派克 |
[12:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:14] | 你知不知道 喜欢和不喜欢很难说 | |
[12:23] | And now for the posthumous premiere | 现在是图派克死后首映的 |
[12:25] | of Tupac’s “Toss It Up,” | 《全扔掉》 |
[12:27] | featuring Danny Boy and K-Ci & JoJo. | 由丹尼男孩和KC久久主演 |
[12:30] | # Toss it up # | #全扔掉# |
[12:32] | # Lord have mercy, Father help us all # | #主有慈悲 神父帮助我们所有人# |
[12:34] | # Since you supplied your phone number # | #因为你主动给了你的电话# |
[12:35] | # I can’t help but call # | #所以我忍不住打了你的电话# |
[12:37] | # Time for action, conversatin’, we relaxin’ # | #是时候行动了 交谈吧 我们放松# |
[12:38] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的上帝 |
[12:45] | I can’t believe you called INS to do a sweep. | 我不敢相信你竟叫了移民局来清查 |
[12:47] | If everyone is here legally, there should be no problem. | 如果在场的每个人都是合法身份 那应该就没问题啊 |
[12:53] | You can still get him. | 你们还能抓到他 |
[12:55] | There’s a long, terrible light at the end of the street. | 在这条街尽头有一个等待时间超长的红灯 |
[12:57] | It takes, like, five minutes. | 它需要等五分钟左右 |
[12:58] | – Ma’am, you’ll have to come with us. – Why? | -女士 你必须跟我们来一趟 -为什么 |
[13:00] | We ran a check on everyone here | 我们对在场的所有人做了检查 |
[13:02] | and found two illegal immigrants… | 并发现两名非法移民 |
[13:04] | Hector Martinez and you. | 赫克托·马丁内兹和你 |
[13:07] | – What?! – Ma’am? | -什么 -女士 |
[13:09] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[13:10] | She’s shutting down. | 她把自己封闭起来了 |
[13:12] | I’ve seen this before… When Connie Chung | 我之前也见过她这个样子 当宗毓華 |
[13:14] | blew off her autograph request at Nordstrom’s. | 取消了她在百货店的签售会时候 她就是这样 |
[13:31] | Again, we don’t speak Spanish. | 再说一次 我们不说西班牙语 |
[13:33] | He was the only attorney I could find on short notice. | 他是我在这么短时间内可以请到的唯一的律师 |
[13:36] | Plus, he gave me a free T-shirt. | 而且 他给了我一件免费短袖 |
[13:38] | Okay, here. | 好吧 看过来 |
[13:40] | Just fill this out to update your Green Card | 只要填好这个 更新你的绿卡 |
[13:42] | and restore your permanent-resident status. | 就可以重获你的永久居民身份 |
[13:44] | I thought “Permanent resident” Meant “Permanent.” | 我还以为永久居民就意味着永久 |
[13:47] | I didn’t know I had to keep renewing my Green Card. | 我不知道我还要一直更新我的绿卡 |
[13:49] | I would have found this out sooner | 我本来可以更早发现这点的 |
[13:50] | if you’d ever registered to vote. | 如果你早先就注册参加投票的话 |
[13:52] | I’m a permanent resident. It’s basically the same thing. | 我是一个永久居民 基本上是没差的 |
[13:56] | So you just plan to have a Green Card forever. | 所以你打算永远使用绿卡 |
[13:58] | Don’t you want to become a citizen? | 你难道不想成为美国公民吗 |
[14:00] | I tried, but the process was so… | 我试过了 但是过程实在是太 |
[14:02] | They interrogate you and they ask you | 他们审问你并且问了你无数个问题 |
[14:05] | a million questions, like you’re a criminal, | 就好像你是个犯人一样 |
[14:07] | like they’re trying to catch you in a lie. | 就好像他们准备逮住你在撒谎 |
[14:10] | Plus, you have to take a test, | 而且 你得参加一个考试 |
[14:11] | memorize the Pledge of Allegiance. | 记下效忠誓言 |
[14:13] | Why would I want to do all that? | 为什么我要受这些罪 |
[14:15] | To vote, to be on game shows… | 为了投票 为了参加游戏展会 |
[14:17] | It takes years, it’s expensive, | 过程要好几年 非常贵 |
[14:19] | and it’s all for a piece of paper | 而且只是为了一张纸 |
[14:20] | that will make no difference in my day-to-day life. | 这张纸对我的日常生活没有丝毫改变 |
[14:23] | Is that why you never wear the American-flag pin I got you? | 这就是你为什么从来不戴我给你的美国国旗别针吗 |
[14:26] | No, I don’t wear that because I don’t like holes in my shirt. | 不是 我不戴那个是因为我不喜欢在我的衣服上有洞 |
[14:29] | I’ll send you a bill. | 我会给你寄一份账单 |
[14:30] | And I will wait till the final-reminder letter | 我会一直等到最后一封提示信时 |
[14:32] | to pay it. | 才去付款 |
[14:39] | Oh. Hector called. | 噢 赫克托打来电话 |
[14:41] | He quit. | 他辞职了 |
[14:42] | He’s afraid to set foot in here | 他不敢踏进这里半步 |
[14:44] | now that the INS knows about him. | 现在移民局已经知道他了 |
[14:46] | So he really is undocumented. | 所以他真的是无证件居民 |
[14:47] | He said his folks came here from Mexico | 他说他还是个婴儿的时候 他的家人们 |
[14:49] | for a better life when he was a baby. | 就为了过上更好的生活 从墨西哥来到了这里 |
[14:51] | I bet he was a really cute baby. | 我打赌他是一个非常可爱的婴儿 |
[14:54] | Well, I’m sorry about Hector, | 我对赫克托的事很抱歉 |
[14:56] | but the rules are the rules. | 但规定就是规定 |
[14:57] | How could you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[14:58] | Right now, you’re technically an undocumented immigrant, too. | 现在 严格上说 你也是个无证件的移民 |
[15:01] | But my situation is different. | 但我的情况不同 |
[15:02] | I just messed up some paperwork. | 我只是文件没有申请正确 |
[15:04] | Hector is here illegally. | 赫克托可是非法的 |
[15:06] | Do you know who the original illegal immigrants were? | 你知道最早的非法移民是谁吗 |
[15:08] | The Pilgrims. | 清教徒 |
[15:09] | This country was founded by illegal immigrants. | 这个国家就是由非法移民建起来的 |
[15:11] | Like my porcelain Colonial mice figurines. | 就好像我的陶瓷老鼠殖民雕像一样 |
[15:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:15] | And I respect them. | 而且我尊重他们 |
[15:17] | This issue is too complex to be reduced to a sound bite… | 这件事太复杂 不能化小 |
[15:19] | Like that Wall Keepers ad that manipulated you. | 就像那个操控你的看门广告一样 |
[15:22] | Or that Clean Parks ad that manipulated you. | 或者那个清洁公园的广告操控了你一样 |
[15:24] | That’s different. Jimmy needs to fly his kite. | 那不一样 我们得让吉米有机会放风筝啊 |
[15:27] | Look, people like Hector are stuck in a gray area. | 听着 像赫克托一样的人们正处于灰色地带 |
[15:31] | His parents brought him here. He was raised in this country. | 他的父母把他带来 他在这个国家长大 |
[15:34] | He loves America. He has a family. | 他热爱美国 他有一个家庭 |
[15:37] | What if it were you? | 如果那是你呢 |
[15:40] | Besides, he’s the hardest worker we have. | 而且 他是我们这里最勤劳的员工 |
[15:42] | I mean, who’s gonna do a better job… Nancy? | 我的意思是 谁能更好地胜任这个工作 南希吗 |
[15:44] | I’ve already dropped two taco platters, | 我已经砸掉了两个卷饼盘子 |
[15:46] | and I’m not even on the clock yet. | 我都还没有到上班的钟点呢 |
[15:53] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你们能来 |
[15:55] | I’m sorry things got so heated. | 我很抱歉事态演变得如此剧烈 |
[15:56] | That “Hot dog” Comment hurt. | 那个热狗的说法很伤人 |
[15:58] | I have to cut them up because my jaw has a weak hinge. | 我不得不切断它 因为我的下颌咬合力很弱 |
[16:00] | And we could’ve lost our friendship | 而且我们友谊的小船翻了 |
[16:02] | over what turned out was just us being ill-informed. | 而且是因为我们被误导了 |
[16:05] | New information has come to light. | 新的信息已大白于天下 |
[16:13] | What are you pointing at? | 你在指什么呢 |
[16:14] | Wait for it. | 等着吧 |
[16:15] | # Lord have mercy, Father… # | #主有慈悲 神父# |
[16:23] | He’s wearing Penny Hardaways! | 他穿着哈达威的鞋子 |
[16:25] | And when did Nike release those? | 耐克什么时候发行这些的 |
[16:26] | Like… A week ago. | 好像是 一周以前 |
[16:28] | Which is way after Tupac died. | 这时候图派克已经死了 |
[16:31] | It’s like this video was shot after his death. | 就好像这个视频是在他死后拍摄的 |
[16:33] | So, are you saying… | 所以 你是说 |
[16:35] | Tupac is not the guy that sang “Parents Just Don’t Understand”? | 图派克不是唱那首《父母就是不明白》的歌的人 |
[16:41] | What I’m saying is that none of us are right | 我想说的是 关于图派克是被谁杀死的 |
[16:44] | about who killed Tupac… | 我们全说错了 |
[16:46] | Because Tupac is still alive. | 因为图派克还活着 |
[16:52] | It makes sense. | 有道理 |
[16:55] | Walter said he was an actor. | 沃尔特说过他是一名演员 |
[16:57] | Maybe Tupac staged his death to get out of the rap game. | 也许图派克自导自演了他的死亡 就为了跳出说唱圈子 |
[16:59] | Well, that’s stupid. | 好吧 那真愚蠢 |
[17:00] | He probably did it to boost sales. | 他可能是为了促进销量 |
[17:02] | Yo! We can disagree and still be friends. | 你看 我们可以意见不同 但仍是朋友 |
[17:04] | It doesn’t have to turn into a fight. | 我们不需要吵架 |
[17:06] | Like, we can insult each other, but just do it in a funny way. | 就好像 我们可以互相辱骂 但可以用一种有趣的方式 |
[17:09] | Like how you’re a baby who sleeps with a Gloworm? | 就好像你是个抱着萤火虫睡觉的孩子一样 |
[17:11] | Not like that, no. | 不是那样的 不行 |
[17:12] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:13] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[17:14] | I’m just saying… | 我只是想说 |
[17:15] | Every time a rapper dies, their sales go up. | 每次有说唱歌手死掉 他们的唱片销量都会上升 |
[17:18] | So it makes sense that Tupac would’ve thought… | 所以说得通 图派克可能已经想到了 |
[17:21] | Voting is about to begin. | 投票要开始了 |
[17:23] | I’m expecting long lines. | 我觉得会排起长队 |
[17:25] | If you can’t handle it, guess what. | 如果你不能处理这个场面 你猜怎么着 |
[17:27] | You can. | 不行也得行 |
[17:29] | Hey, boss. | 嗨老板 |
[17:32] | Hector. I thought you quit. | 赫克托 我以为你辞职了 |
[17:34] | I did. But then, uh, Jessica called me. | 我本来辞了 但后来 杰西卡打电话给我 |
[17:37] | We went to see that immigration attorney. | 我们去见了那个移民律师 |
[17:39] | He figured out how to get Hector right with the law. | 他想出来怎么让赫克托变成合法的 |
[17:42] | I have to pay all my back taxes, but if I sell my car, | 我必须付清过去所有税款 但如果我卖了车 |
[17:44] | then I should be able to cover what I owe. | 我就可以还清我欠下的 |
[17:48] | 我知道你需要钱 一定要卖你的车 | |
[17:48] | _ | |
[17:52] | I’ll have to return to Mexico for 30 days | 我必须回墨西哥三十天 |
[17:54] | and, uh, reapply for my visa, | 重新申请我的签证 |
[17:55] | but, uh, he said it shouldn’t be a problem. | 但是他说应该没什么问题 |
[17:57] | But when he comes back, | 但当他回来后 |
[17:59] | Hector’s going to help us incorporate. | 赫克托将会帮我们合并 |
[18:02] | He says it will cost money now, | 他说那是得要花钱 |
[18:03] | but we’ll save so mu money in the future. | 但将来我们会省下一大笔 |
[18:06] | That is literally what I said. I said the exact same thing. | 这正是我说的 我说了完全一样的东西 |
[18:09] | I think you put Hector through enough. | 我相信你已经让赫克托受够了 |
[18:14] | We are even now. | 现在我们扯平了 |
[18:16] | Please don’t embarrass me by thanking me, | 请别用感谢来让我难堪 |
[18:18] | and I won’t embarrass you by apologizing. | 而且我也不会道歉来让你难堪 |
[18:21] | O…kay. | 好吧 |
[18:23] | I’m sorry for not being straight with you, boss. | 我很抱歉我没有实话实说 老板 |
[18:25] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[18:26] | I really thought you were a citizen, though. | 不过我真以为你是美国公民 |
[18:28] | You gave me a Social Security number. | 你给了我一个社保号码 |
[18:29] | I gave you the code to get directly to Mike Tyson | 我给了你在《拳无虚发》游戏里 |
[18:32] | in Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! | 直接打到迈克·泰森的密码 |
[18:33] | 007-37-3596 007-37-3596. | |
[18:36] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:39] | It’s time to go live! | 是时候开始啦 |
[18:40] | Unlock the doors. | 打开大门 |
[18:42] | Precinct 42 is officially open for democracy! | 42选区正式向民主开放 |
[18:47] | I can’t believe only four voters showed up. | 我不敢相信只有四个人来投票 |
[18:49] | With voter apathy at an all-time high, | 选民们的漠不关心程度达到历史最高 |
[18:52] | this election had the lowest turnout in modern history. | 这次选举是现代历史上参加率最低的一次 |
[18:56] | But break out the Cuban sandwiches, | 但却造成了古巴大三明治的走红 |
[18:57] | because Prop. 187 was stopped at the border. | 因为第187号提提案在国境线上被截停了下来 |
[19:02] | What Gus is trying to say is that it was defeated. | 格斯想说的是它没有通过 |
[19:05] | It’s a confusing, racially problematic | 他的措辞比较有迷惑性 |
[19:07] | choice of words. | 有种族歧视的嫌疑 |
[19:09] | Well, tell that to all the open mics where it killed. | 好吧这句话该向着支持他的人去说 |
[19:11] | Countywide early returns indicate | 全国范围内的票站调查显示 |
[19:13] | all precincts went to Bill Clinton. | 所有选区倾向了比尔·克林顿 |
[19:15] | Hell yeah! | 太好了 |
[19:16] | Except for Precinct 42, | 除了选区42号 |
[19:18] | where Bob Dole miraculously won by a landslide! | 在这里鲍勃·多尔奇迹般地获胜 |
[19:22] | Yes! You said that Bob Dole wouldn’t win any precincts! | 太好了 你说过鲍勃·多尔不会赢下任何一个选区的 |
[19:25] | Yes, congratulations on your victory, Emery. | 是啊 恭喜你胜利了 埃默里 |
[19:33] | Who did you vote for, Dad? | 你投给了谁 爸爸 |
[19:35] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[19:36] | I was so focused on running the polling station, | 我太专注于管理投票点了 |
[19:38] | I forgot to vote. | 我忘记投票了 |
[19:40] | I’m part of the problem. | 我就是那些漠不关心的选民 |
[19:41] | You are also part of the solution. | 但你解决了一个问题 |
[19:44] | I decided I’m going to apply for citizenship. | 我决定申请入籍 |
[19:47] | That’s fantastic! | 太棒了 |
[19:49] | I’m not going to let the process intimidate me. | 我不会被入籍过程吓倒的 |
[19:52] | Bring on the interrogation. I’m ready. | 开始审问吧 我准备好了 |
[19:54] | Mm. I want to be able to vote. | 嗯 我想要参加投票 |
[19:55] | And to be on “Wheel of Fortune” One day. | 并且有一天能参加幸运轮 |
[19:59] | Whoo! | 哇 |
[20:04] | Oh, no! Our table! | 哦不 我们的桌子 |
[20:07] | I’m depressed. | 我很郁闷 |
[20:09] | What do we do? | 我们怎么办 |
[20:10] | I’m not gonna tell him to move. It would devastate him. | 我不会叫他走开的 那会让他崩溃的 |
[20:13] | I guess we’ll make it work. | 我猜我们能搞定的 |
[20:20] | Of course I’m sitting on the floor again. | 当然 我又得坐在了地板上 |
[20:22] | Of course I am. | 当然了 |
[20:23] | We’ll do a rotation. I… | 我们轮流 我 |
[20:24] | Oh, don’t! | 别 |