时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 字幕仅供学习,勿用于商 转载请注明出处,版权归片方所有 | |
[00:03] | Those girls can really elbow. | 那些女孩儿真的很会用手肘撞人 |
[00:09] | Can anyone tell me what this is? | 有人能告诉我这是什么吗 |
[00:14] | Nope. | 不对 |
[00:15] | I know what it is, but I want you | 我知道这是什么 但我想要你先说 |
[00:16] | to say it first so I know you know. | 那样我才知道你真的知道 |
[00:18] | – It’s a squash. – Squash! | -这是个南瓜 -南瓜 |
[00:20] | I cook it every Thanksgiving, and no one eats it. | 我每年感恩节都会煮 但没有人吃 |
[00:22] | Why? Because it’s disgusting. | 为什么 因为它很难吃 |
[00:25] | Can anyone point out our ancestors in this painting? | 有人能在这幅画里找出我们的祖先们吗 |
[00:29] | No, that’s right, you can’t — because they’re not there. | 不能 没错 找不到 因为他们不在画里 |
[00:32] | Eventually, they will be way back in this field, | 最终 我们只能在最边边的这片地里找到他们 |
[00:35] | buried underneath the railroad tracks | 被埋葬在他们不吃不喝用生命 |
[00:38] | that they built with no food or water. | 建造的这条铁轨下面的尸首 |
[00:44] | And do you ever ask yourself, “Why?” | 可曾问过你们自己 “为什么” |
[00:47] | Why do we put ourselves through all this holiday nonsense, | 为什么我们经受这些无厘头的节日折磨 |
[00:50] | through all the headaches of visiting relatives, | 走亲戚走得头痛 |
[00:53] | through all the squash? | 吃南瓜吃到恶心 |
[00:56] | All for a day that we have no cultural ties to. | 就为了这个和我们没有丝毫文化联系的日子 |
[00:59] | Why do we do it? | 我们为什么要这么做 |
[01:00] | Why? Why? | 为什么 为什么 |
[01:02] | Because that’s what we do every year. It’s tradition. | 因为我们每年都这样啊 这是传统 |
[01:04] | It’s not our tradition. | 这不是我们的传统 |
[01:05] | We don’t like it. | 我们不喜欢这些 |
[01:07] | It’s a lot of hard work, and we get nothing out of it. | 这事费时耗力 我们却一无所获 |
[01:10] | You can’t stop Thanksgiving. It’s too strong. | 你阻止不了感恩节 它太强大了 |
[01:12] | That’s like trying to stop fabulous barbara. | 这就像试图阻止强大无比的芭芭拉 |
[01:16] | Roller derby. | 轮滑赛选手 |
[01:17] | Louis, I don’t want to stop it. | 路易斯 我没想着要阻止它 |
[01:19] | I want to capitalize on it. | 我要利用它 |
[01:21] | I want to open Cattleman’s Ranch for Thanksgiving. | 感恩节这天牧场牛排餐厅要开门做生意 |
[01:25] | Really? I was kind of looking forward to a day off. | 真的吗 我还挺期待休假的 |
[01:27] | A day off spent searching for the leaf | 休一整天假 |
[01:29] | in the dining room table? | 在餐桌上找叶子吗 |
[01:30] | I like a mystery. | 我挺喜欢抓迷藏的 |
[01:31] | Listening to my sister’s husband play the ukulele? | 听过我姐夫弹尤克里里吗 |
[01:33] | Steve does a great “Kokomo.” | 史蒂夫《科科莫》弹得不错 |
[01:35] | Smiling through my mother’s colorful remarks | 笑着听我妈妈对她的黑人邮递员 |
[01:37] | about her black mailman? | 五花八门的评价吗 |
[01:39] | What time should we open? | 我们该什么时候开张 |
[01:40] | Wait — so no family this year? | 等等 所以今年没有亲戚来访了吗 |
[01:42] | We get to keep our rooms? | 我们不用让出自己的房间了吗 |
[01:43] | And sleep in our own beds | 可以睡在我们自己的床上 |
[01:44] | Instead of in the pantry, on rice bags? | 不用睡在储藏室的大米袋子上吗 |
[01:46] | – That’s right. – Yes! I don’t have to wash my sheets! | -没错 -太棒了 我不用洗床单了 |
[01:48] | Oh, you still have to wash your sheets. | 哦 你还是得洗床单 |
[01:50] | You don’t get me. | 那你打动不了我了 |
[01:54] | The bar at the restaurant has a tv. | 餐厅的吧台有一台电视机 |
[02:01] | We are working on Thanksgiving! | 感恩节我们要干活了 |
[02:24] | Okay, class, it’s time to turn in your family tree assignments. | 好了 同学们 该交你们的家系图作业了 |
[02:30] | Eddie, where’s your homework? | 埃迪 你的作业呢 |
[02:32] | Um…I didn’t do it. | 呃 我没有做 |
[02:34] | You didn’t do it? | 你没有做 |
[02:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:36] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[02:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:38] | Because… | 因为 |
[02:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:45] | Eddie! Are you ready for school? | 埃迪 你准备好上学了吗 |
[02:48] | Never been more ready in my life. | 万事俱备只欠上学了 |
[02:54] | How’d your family take the news? | 你家人听到这个消息反应如何 |
[02:57] | My mom congratulated me on choosing work over her, | 我妈妈恭喜我把工作放在她前头 |
[02:59] | And then Connie stole the moment | 然后康妮整通电话都在讲 |
[03:01] | by claiming her psychic predicted it all. | 她早就预料到会这样了 |
[03:04] | Well, I’ll start calling the staff, | 好吧 我得给员工打电话了 |
[03:05] | See who I can ask to work on thursday. | 看看能请谁在周四来上班 |
[03:07] | Ask? You don’t ask. You tell. | 请 不用请 你直接通知就行了 |
[03:10] | It won’t be hard to get someone. | 叫来一些人不是什么难事 |
[03:11] | Holiday pay is time and a half. | 假日付一倍半薪水 |
[03:13] | You tell them, “Happy thanksgiving. | 你就跟他们说 “感恩节快乐 |
[03:14] | See you on friday at regular pay.” | 我们周五见 工资照常发” |
[03:16] | But we’ll need extra help. | 但我们会需要更多的帮手 |
[03:18] | That’s why we have children. | 那就是我们要孩子的原因 |
[03:19] | We’ll do a buffet. | 我们可以做自助餐 |
[03:21] | We’ll prep all the food in the morning. | 可以在早上准备好所有食物 |
[03:22] | A couple servers is the only staff we need. | 只需要两个服务员 |
[03:31] | Well, it looks like all we have left to do is the centerpieces. | 好吧 看来我们就剩餐桌装饰要做了 |
[03:36] | And pick up the raffle prize. | 还有准备抽奖奖品 |
[03:37] | Oh! Which was another amazing idea you had — | 就是你的另一个绝世妙招 |
[03:40] | Raffling off a fresh turkey. | 送一只新鲜的火鸡作为奖品 |
[03:42] | Thanksgiving is built on gamblers and hungry people. | 感恩节原本就是赌徒和饿汉的节日 |
[03:44] | This excites both. | 这会让两者都感到兴奋 |
[03:47] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[03:48] | Can I stash these pinecones over here? | 我能把这些松果藏在这里吗 |
[03:50] | I just bought them at the French Bushel, | 我刚刚在法国的蒲式耳买了这些松果 |
[03:52] | And marvin doesn’t believe in buying things | 但是马文不相信这种地上就能捡到的 |
[03:54] | you can find on the ground. | 东西还需要用买的 |
[03:55] | Don’t tell that to a truffle pig. | 可别和一只松露猪说这些话 |
[03:58] | Why is it so quiet in here? | 你们这儿怎么这么安静 |
[04:00] | I thought you guys would be running around | 我还以为你们会忙得到处跑 |
[04:02] | screaming at each other, getting the house ready for guests. | 冲着对方大叫 给客人准备房子 |
[04:05] | Uh, we’re not doing that this year. | 我们今年不打算这么做 |
[04:06] | We’re working. | 我们要工作 |
[04:07] | What are you and Marvin doing? | 你和马文打算干什么 |
[04:09] | Uh, well, we assumed that we would | 我们原本打算 |
[04:11] | come over here for dinner, like we did last year — | 就像我们去年那样 等马文和他的牙医朋友们 |
[04:13] | After Marvin and his dentist friends | 结束他们每年一次的捕鹿活动之后 |
[04:15] | go on their annual deer hunt. | 来你们这儿吃晚饭 |
[04:17] | They call themselves the buck tooth club. | 他们自称为雄鹿牙齿俱乐部 |
[04:20] | Well, you and Marvin should come to Cattleman’s for dinner. | 你和马文可以来牧场牛排餐厅吃饭 |
[04:22] | It’ll be just like last year, except $6.99 a head. | 其他的和去年一样 除了每人要交六点九九美元 |
[04:25] | That sounds great. | 听起来很棒 |
[04:26] | $6.99 for kids. | 六点九九美元是儿童价 |
[04:28] | $18.99 for adults. | 成人每人十八点九九美元 |
[04:30] | Oh. Sure. Okay. | 行啊 没问题 |
[04:34] | 看到这有多容易了吗 我只恨没早点想到这一点 | |
[04:46] | Principal Hunter? | 汉特校长 |
[04:47] | We have a major problem. | 我们有个很严重的问题 |
[04:49] | Eddie refused to do his family tree assignment. | 埃迪拒绝做他的家系图作业 |
[04:52] | Why didn’t you do your homework? | 你为什么不做作业 |
[04:54] | I had a vision. | 我做了个梦 |
[04:55] | What do you mean? What vision? | 什么意思 什么梦 |
[04:56] | When I was asleep in bed last night, | 我昨晚睡觉的时候 |
[04:58] | I realized eighth grade doesn’t matter. | 我意识到八年级根本不重要 |
[04:59] | Who told you this in your vision? A bum? | 梦里是谁告诉你的 流浪汉吗 |
[05:01] | As long as you don’t fail, you get into high school, | 只要没有挂科 你就会顺利进入高中 |
[05:03] | and that’s when grades start to count. | 那时候成绩才开始起作用 |
[05:06] | Colleges don’t look at your middle-school report cards. | 大学不会去查你的中学成绩卡 |
[05:08] | I’m already getting a’s in all my classes, | 我已经在我所有的课堂上都得了A |
[05:10] | So I can take the rest of the year off and still pass. | 所以我今年剩下的课都不去上也能毕业 |
[05:14] | – But what– -Is this true? | -但是 -这是真的吗 |
[05:16] | Send the boy to his room. | 先让孩子回房间 |
[05:18] | No need. I’ll send myself. | 不用了 我自己回去 |
[05:19] | Thanks for the ride, hunter. | 谢谢你送我回来 校长 |
[05:21] | See you at graduation. | 毕业典礼见 |
[05:25] | Look, let’s not milk a cow and call it butter. | 听着 我们不用自欺欺人了 |
[05:28] | We all know he’s right. | 我们都知道他说得对 |
[05:29] | That eighth grade doesn’t matter? | 八年级真的不重要吗 |
[05:31] | Yeah. And we all know how much Eddie likes to talk. | 是的 而且我们都知道埃迪有多么喜欢讲话 |
[05:33] | Do you ever ask yourself, “Why?” | 你们问过你们自己“为什么”吗 |
[05:36] | Why we put ourselves through all the hassle, | 我们为什么要让自己经受这些麻烦 |
[05:37] | through all the headaches of homework, | 做作业做到头痛 |
[05:39] | through all the tests — for grades that don’t matter? | 考试考到想哭 就为了根本不重要的成绩 |
[05:42] | Why do we do it? | 我们为什么要这样 |
[05:43] | Why? Why? | 为什么 为什么 |
[05:49] | We have a code black! | 黑色警报 |
[05:51] | The prophecy. | 预言家 |
[05:54] | Frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long | 坦白地讲 我很惊讶孩子居然花了这么长时间 |
[05:57] | for a kid to figure it out. | 才想明白这一点 |
[05:58] | We can’t risk this spreading. | 我们不能让这种言论传播开来 |
[06:00] | If the truth gets out, it could bring the whole system down. | 如果真相泄露 整个体系都会崩溃的 |
[06:02] | Don’t worry. I will put a stop to this right away. | 别担心 我会马上制止这件事的 |
[06:05] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[06:07] | The fate of lower-school academia is in your hands. | 低等教育界的命运就掌握在你的手里了 |
[06:13] | Nonsense time is over. | 胡说八道时间到此结束 |
[06:14] | You live in our house, you get good grades. | 你住在我们的房子里 你就得拿到优秀的成绩 |
[06:16] | And you’re gonna start right now with your family tree project. | 而且你现在就要开始做你的家系图作业 |
[06:18] | Why? It’s pointless. | 为什么 这毫无意义 |
[06:19] | Like mom said, it’s a lot of hard work for nothing. | 就像妈妈说过的 这是徒劳无益的 |
[06:22] | I never said that. | 我没说过这话 |
[06:23] | Yeah, you did — about Thanksgiving. | 有的 你说过的 说感恩节的时候 |
[06:25] | You know how your Thanksgiving is Thanksgiving? | 你知道你的感恩节有多感恩吗 |
[06:27] | My Thanksgiving is eighth grade. | 我的感恩节就是八年级 |
[06:29] | Who put you up to this? | 谁让你变成这样的 |
[06:30] | Your white friends? | 你的白人朋友吗 |
[06:32] | No more white friends! New rule! | 不准再交白人朋友 新规矩 |
[06:34] | Okay, fine. | 成啊 没问题 |
[06:35] | Let’s pretend that grades are important | 我们来假设一下成绩是重要的 |
[06:37] | and I work hard this year and in high school and college. | 而我今年以及在高中和大学都很努力学习 |
[06:40] | – And then dad dies. – Wait, what? | -然后爸爸死了 -等等 什么 |
[06:41] | And I take over the restaurant, carrying on the family business. | 然后我接手餐厅 继承家族事业 |
[06:45] | Oh. Like a legacy. | 哦 就像一个传奇 |
[06:47] | No matter good grades or bad, I end up in the same spot. | 不管成绩是好是坏 我都有同样的结局 |
[06:50] | Who says Cattleman’s is going to go to you? | 谁说牧场牛排餐厅要传给你 |
[06:52] | What about Emery and Evan? The restaurant might go to them. | 埃默里和埃文呢 餐厅可能会让他们继承呢 |
[06:55] | Even better. Give it to them. | 那就更好了 给他们吧 |
[06:57] | They can do all the work, and I’ll be a silent partner. | 他们可以干所有的活 然后我就是个沉默的同伙人 |
[07:00] | When have you ever been silent? | 你什么时候是沉默的吗 |
[07:02] | Not through “The goonies.” That’s for sure. | 除了看《七宝奇谋》的时候 那时候当然没话说了 |
[07:04] | Oh, you mean the coincidences? | 哦 你指的是那部充满巧合的电影吗 |
[07:06] | “We need money.” “Oh. Here’s a treasure map.” | “我需要钱” “哦 这儿有张寻宝地图” |
[07:08] | “We need a strong guy.” | “我们需要个强壮的家伙” |
[07:09] | “Oh, look in the ice cream cooler! There’s an ogre!” | “快看雪糕冷却器 里面有个妖怪” |
[07:12] | “Watch out! There’s a piano booby trap!” | “小心 这儿有个钢琴陷阱” |
[07:14] | “Oh, wait — I play.” | “哦 等等 我会弹琴” |
[07:15] | It’s a movie! And it’s a great one! | 那是部电影 一部优秀的电影 |
[07:17] | Eddie, you are not leaving this room | 埃迪 在做完你的作业之前 |
[07:19] | until you finish your homework. | 你不能离开这个房间 |
[07:21] | That’s what I’ve been saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[07:23] | I’ll hang out in here until ninth grade | 在九年级开学之前 我都会待在这儿 |
[07:25] | and then do my homework. | 上了九年级我就会做作业了 |
[07:26] | Glad we agree, mom. | 很高兴我们达成了一致 妈妈 |
[07:28] | Dad, get on board with me and mom. | 爸爸 快加入我和妈妈的队伍吧 |
[07:32] | Can you guys leave? I’m gonna take a naked nap. | 你们能离开了吗 我要小睡一会了 |
[07:39] | Do you know what the problem is? | 你知道问题是什么吗 |
[07:40] | He’s become a lazy, entitled bum. | 他正在成为一个懒惰 名副其实的流浪汉 |
[07:42] | We have a bum kid! | 我们有个游手好闲的儿子 |
[07:43] | Jessica, hold on. | 杰西卡 冷静点 |
[07:44] | This is our reward after years of struggle | 这就是我们在数年的奋斗 |
[07:47] | and self-sacrifice, trying to provide, | 牺牲自我 努力给予 |
[07:49] | working on holidays! | 在假日依旧工作之后的回报 |
[07:50] | Building a legacy that my boy wants to take over. | 书写一个我的儿子想要继承的传奇 |
[07:53] | No, see, that’s the problem! | 不 看看 这就是问题 |
[07:55] | He thinks he can just sit back | 他觉得他可以坐享其成 |
[07:56] | and everything’s going to just be handed to him, | 所有一切都会有人呈上给他 |
[07:59] | so he doesn’t appreciate anything. | 所以他不会珍惜任何东西 |
[08:01] | Not “The goonies.” That’s for sure. | 除了《七宝奇谋》 那个他珍惜的 |
[08:05] | I was so careful. | 我是那么的小心 |
[08:07] | I was so strict. | 我是那么的严格 |
[08:09] | Then a video game here, a gummy snack there. | 但是他们还是打游戏 吃垃圾食品 |
[08:11] | You can’t blame yourself. | 你不能怪自己 |
[08:13] | I blame you, too. | 我也怪你 |
[08:14] | You’re the one who bought him this. | 这个是你买给他的 |
[08:18] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[08:20] | It’s an invisible dog on a leash. | 这是被栓着的隐形狗 |
[08:23] | Eddie doesn’t realize how lucky he has it. | 埃迪是生在福中不知福 |
[08:25] | You know, he has so many t-shirts, | 你知道 他有那么多的T恤 |
[08:27] | So many rap cds, so many sneakers. | 那么多的说唱歌碟 那么多的运动鞋 |
[08:29] | He has four pairs of sneakers. | 他有四双运动鞋呢 |
[08:31] | Who is he — imelda marcos? | 他以为他是伊梅尔达·马科斯吗(有三千多双鞋的菲律宾前第一夫人) |
[08:33] | Well, maybe he just needs to be reminded how good he has it. | 或许他只是需要有人提醒下他有多么幸运 |
[08:42] | Hope that’s not the national geographic | 希望那不是国家地理杂志 |
[08:44] | Grandma claims she’s in. | 奶奶说她有上杂志的 |
[08:46] | We wanted to help out with centerpiece ideas, | 我们想要帮忙做些餐桌装饰 |
[08:47] | So we’re making these thanksgiving mood boards | 所以我们要做些感恩节气氛板 |
[08:49] | For inspiration. | 鼓舞气氛 |
[08:50] | I like to start with a feel, | 我想要以节日气氛开始 |
[08:52] | So I collected these light-brown tones. | 所以我收集了这些浅棕色调的东西 |
[08:55] | Mine’s a celebration of maize. | 我的是玉米庆典 |
[08:57] | You know, different types of maize, | 你懂的 不同品种的玉米 |
[08:59] | Different sizes of maize, different colors of maize, | 不同大小的 和不同颜色的玉米 |
[09:02] | Uses for maize, american maize, plus common european maize. | 玉米的用途 美国玉米 还有普通的欧洲玉米 |
[09:05] | Welcome to my morning. | 我都听了一个早上了 |
[09:07] | That’s so thoughtful of you boys. | 你们俩真是有想法啊 |
[09:08] | You didn’t have to do all this. | 你们不必这么费心思的 |
[09:09] | Well, we figured we better start | 我们觉得我们最好开始 |
[09:11] | Helping cattleman’s any way we can. | 尽我们所能来帮助牧场牛排餐厅 |
[09:13] | We overheard mom say | 我们无意中听到妈妈说 |
[09:14] | That we might have a chance to inherit it. | 我们可能有机会继承牧场牛排餐厅 |
[09:16] | You guys are interested in the restaurant, too? | 你们也对开餐馆有兴趣吗 |
[09:18] | Of course — under the right management, | 当然了 在良好的管理之下 |
[09:20] | That thing could make some money. | 那东西也是能赚钱的 |
[09:22] | I guess I never imagined cattleman’s ranch could become | 我还从没想过我的牧场牛排餐厅能够成为 |
[09:25] | Cattleman’s ranch and sons. | 我的牧场牛排餐厅和儿子们 |
[09:27] | We should put a cowboy on the sign lassoing his boys. | 我们应该在招牌上在画上一个牛仔在套牛 |
[09:30] | Cattleman’s is a ranch. | 牧场餐厅是牧场的意思 |
[09:32] | The sign should be a cow with his calves. | 招牌上应该是一头奶牛和它的小牛仔 |
[09:34] | You mean a bull. A cow’s a girl. | 你是说公牛吧 奶牛是女的 |
[09:36] | You’re a girl! | 你才是女的呢 |
[09:37] | Now, now, sons, it’s just my silly legacy. | 好了好了 孩子们 那只是我的破遗产而已 |
[09:39] | not worth fighting over. | 不值得为这事吵架 |
[09:42] | Who am I gonna trust with my secret barbecue recipe? | 我该把我的秘密烧烤配方传授给谁呢 |
[09:44] | Your secret’s safe with me — as long as I don’t get tickled. | 我会帮你保管好秘密 只要没人挠我痒痒逼迫我说出来 |
[09:49] | All right, g-dubs, what tunes should we listen to tonight? | 好吧 G爵士 我们今晚要听什么曲子呢 |
[09:51] | P-to-the-e-to-the-abo bryson? | 听皮波·布莱森的歌好吗 |
[09:54] | Aah! Where’s my bed?! | 我的床呢 |
[09:58] | Something wrong, eddie? | 怎么了吗 埃迪 |
[09:59] | Call the cops! We’ve been hit! | 快报警 我们糟小偷了 |
[10:01] | Oh, beds are for people who work hard. | 床是为努力学习的人准备的 |
[10:03] | You work hard, you rest hard. | 你努力学习 才能好好休息 |
[10:05] | You stole your son’s bed on thanksgiving eve? | 你竟然在感恩节前夜偷了你儿子的床 |
[10:08] | Recommit yourself to school and hard work, | 你回去上课好好学习 |
[10:11] | You get your bed back. | 你就能拿回你的床 |
[10:14] | You know what? I don’t need it. | 你知道吗 我不需要了 |
[10:16] | Beds are like eighth grade — useless. | 床就像八年级一样 毫无用处 |
[10:18] | I’ll just sleep on some t-shirts. | 我睡在T恤上就可以了 |
[10:21] | i knew he had too many t-shirts. | 我就知道他T恤太多了 |
[10:27] | this is great. | 这很棒 |
[10:30] | This is good. | 这很好 |
[10:31] | I think I’m too comfortable, actually. | 事实上 我觉得我特别舒服 |
[10:36] | I need to find my damn bed! | 我得找回我那张该死的床 |
[10:48] | You put me in a thanksgiving pickle. | 你真让我进退两难 |
[10:50] | How do I sell more tickets to other people | 我就这么让你抽中了 |
[10:51] | After I just gave you the winner? | 我怎么才能把更多券卖给别人呢 |
[10:54] | This is the winning ticket. I can feel it. | 这张肯定中奖 我能感觉到 |
[10:56] | Just promise me you won’t let this free turkey change you. | 你要保证这免费的火鸡不会改变你 |
[10:58] | Don’t forget about us after you win, okay? | 苟富贵勿相忘 好吗 |
[11:00] | Oh. That’s the lucky ticket. | 这是张幸运券 |
[11:03] | After you win, you and that turkey | 你中奖之后应该和那只火鸡 |
[11:04] | Should take a trip to vegas. | 去拉斯维加斯放手一搏 |
[11:16] | Ketchup? Is — is that what you want? | 番茄酱 你是想要番茄酱吗 |
[11:23] | what were you doing in the freezer? | 你来冷冻库做什么 |
[11:25] | Just checking to see if my mom hid my mattress in there. | 只是来看看我妈是不是把我床垫放这里了 |
[11:28] | I’m so scared of your mom. | 我好怕你妈妈 |
[11:34] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[11:36] | Didn’t sleep well? | 没睡好吗 |
[11:37] | I’m good. Just stretching my jaw muscles. | 我很好 只是伸展一下我下巴的肌肉 |
[11:38] | -Getting ready for dinner. -Oh, okay. | -为晚饭做好准备而已 -好啊 |
[11:40] | Why don’t you walk around and remind people about the raffle? | 不如你去到处走走提醒一下大家抽奖的事情 |
[11:43] | Unless you’re too tired. | 如果你太累了就算了 |
[11:44] | Not tired. Full of energy! | 才不累 我能量爆棚 |
[11:49] | Looks like everyone’s enjoying the centerpieces. | 看起来大家都很喜欢餐厅装饰 |
[11:52] | Nice job, boys. | 干得好 孩子们 |
[11:53] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[11:55] | What did you observe? | 你怎么看出来的 |
[11:56] | How does one enjoy the centerpieces? | 如何看得出顾客喜欢餐厅装饰呢 |
[11:58] | Yeah, tell us. We want to learn. | 是的 告诉我们 我们想学习一下 |
[12:00] | Oh. Um, yeah. | 好吧 |
[12:02] | Uh, yeah. I-I-I don’t know. | 好吧 我不知道 |
[12:04] | I just said it to say something. | 我只是找点话说而已 |
[12:06] | “Motivate staff with lies.” | 用谎言鼓励员工 |
[12:10] | Hey, boss? Creamed corn’s running low. | 嘿 老板 奶油玉米快没了 |
[12:12] | Hmm. Let’s see how my owners- in-training would handle this. | 嗯 我们看看未来的接班人会如何解决这个问题 |
[12:15] | Boys? | 孩子们 |
[12:16] | Let’s open up two big cans. | 我们打开两大罐子 |
[12:18] | But only bring out one. | 但是只拿一罐出来 |
[12:20] | Keep the other in the back in case we don’t need it. | 另一罐放在后厨 以防我们用不到 |
[12:22] | We can reuse it tomorrow. | 我们明天可以再用 |
[12:25] | Naturals. Don’t know where they got it from. | 这是天生的 我也不知道他们从哪儿学来的 |
[12:29] | Owners-in-training? | 未来的接班人 |
[12:31] | Oh, no, we’re screwed! | 不 我们完蛋了 |
[12:34] | Ask my niece — I am not good with kids. | 看我侄子就知道 我和小孩子相处得不好 |
[12:36] | I don’t know if this makes me racist, | 我不知道说这话是不是种族歧视 |
[12:38] | But I did not realize there were two of them. | 但是我都没意识到 竟然有两个小孩子 |
[12:40] | oh, I love rocky and bullwinkle! | 我爱松鼠洛基和麋鹿布温克 |
[12:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:54] | -Sweetie, it’s fine. | -亲爱的 没关系 |
[12:56] | We still have a freezer full of deer left from last year. | 我们还有去年留下的一整个冰柜的鹿肉呢 |
[12:59] | 12 years in a row, I’ve iced a deer, | 连续十二年 每年我都猎一只鹿 |
[13:01] | And today — squat, diddly. | 而今天 我就坐在这里 毫无价值 |
[13:03] | Aw, well, maybe they just kept catching the scent of handsome | 噢 也许他们还在寻找公鹿的气味 |
[13:06] | And got skittish. | 而且打草惊蛇了 |
[13:07] | Oh, no. | 噢不会的 |
[13:08] | I’m 30 feet up in a tree blind, soaked in deer urine. | 我就在树荫之上的三十英尺处 全身浸泡在鹿尿里 |
[13:12] | My charm’s strong, but it’s not that strong. | 我的魅力很大 但是也没那么大 |
[13:14] | Hey, marvin and honey. Make sure to buy a raffle ticket. | 嘿 马文和哈妮 你们买了抽奖券了吗 |
[13:16] | Blah, blah, blah. | 巴拉巴拉巴拉 |
[13:17] | Did my mom stash my bed at your house, | 我妈把我的床藏到你们家了吗 |
[13:19] | Like she did with our christmas presents? | 就像她把我们圣诞节礼物藏起来一样 |
[13:21] | No. Why’d she take your bed? | 没有 为什么她要搬走你的床 |
[13:23] | she’s trying to force me to care about eighth grade. | 她想要逼迫我重视八年级的学业 |
[13:25] | i remember junior high. | 我记得我初中的时候 |
[13:28] | I didn’t do a lick of work. | 从没写过作业 |
[13:29] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[13:32] | I did the work. I want my bed back. | 我做好功课了 把床还给我 |
[13:34] | Oh, you did your family tree assignment? | 你做了家系图作业吗 |
[13:35] | No, a different type of work — | 不 是另一种功课 |
[13:37] | Data collection, statistical analysis. | 数据收集 和数据分析 |
[13:39] | I conducted a sociology study to prove my theory. | 我做了一个社会学研究来证明我的理论 |
[13:42] | Please describe your eighth-grade experience. | 请描述你八年级时的经历 |
[13:44] | Well, I skipped class all the time. | 好 我一直翘课 |
[13:46] | I had a kid who looks a lot like you | 有个跟你很像的孩子 |
[13:48] | Do all my schoolwork for me so I could concentrate on football. | 帮我做作业 所以我就能专心踢球了 |
[13:51] | I missed most of my eighth grade. | 我最怀念的是我八年级时 |
[13:53] | Was home sick with Mono. | 想念莫诺想到疯了 |
[13:54] | And what do you do now? | 那你现在在做什么 |
[13:55] | I’m a rich dentist. | 我是个有钱的牙医 |
[13:57] | I’m your mom’s business partner. | 我是你妈妈的生意合作伙伴 |
[13:59] | So what? That doesn’t prove anything. | 那又怎样 这证明不了任何事 |
[14:02] | It’s just two people. | 只是两个人而已 |
[14:03] | Two people you know very well, | 两个你非常熟悉的人 |
[14:04] | Who are very successful members of society. | 他们是非常成功的社会人士 |
[14:07] | Thank you for participating in our informal survey. | 谢谢你们参与我的非正式调查 |
[14:10] | You will always have free desserts at my establishment. | 我的餐厅会永远为你们提供免费的甜品 |
[14:14] | -Hot dog! -Cool! | -太棒了 -太好了 |
[14:16] | Will you please stop assuming | 你能停止假设 |
[14:18] | That cattleman’s is going to go to you? | 这家餐厅以后会是你的吗 |
[14:20] | Yeah, we’re getting cattleman’s. | 是的 餐厅会由我们继承 |
[14:22] | What?! | 什么 |
[14:22] | We heard you say so yourself. | 我们听到你这么说的 |
[14:24] | Oh, that was just to scare eddie. | 那只是为了吓唬埃迪的 |
[14:26] | I don’t want any of you boys to get cattleman’s. | 我不希望你们任何一人继承这家餐厅 |
[14:28] | I never have! | 我从没这么想过 |
[14:30] | Oh. I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:31] | So, cattleman’s is a good-enough excuse | 所以 这餐厅只是个足够好借口 |
[14:33] | For you to get out of thanksgiving with your family | 能让你不和你的家人过感恩节 |
[14:36] | But not good enough for your boys. | 但是对你的孩子们来说还不够好 |
[14:37] | No. Louis! | 不 路易斯 |
[14:39] | Louis, wait! | 路易斯 等一下 |
[14:40] | Come on! | 天哪 |
[14:52] | Garfield! Garfield! | 加菲猫 加菲猫 |
[14:53] | Garfield! Garfield! | 加菲猫 加菲猫 |
[14:58] | Pecan — your favorite. | 山核桃 你们最喜欢的 |
[15:00] | Remember this when you take over the restaurant. | 你们接管餐厅的时候要记得我的好啊 |
[15:02] | I’m allergic to nuts. | 我对坚果过敏 |
[15:04] | I just saved your life. | 我刚救了你的命 |
[15:06] | Remember that when you take over the restaurant. | 你们接管餐厅的时候要记得我的好啊 |
[15:08] | You guys are wasting your time. | 你们俩正在浪费时间 |
[15:10] | None of my boys are taking over. | 我的孩子不会接管餐厅的 |
[15:13] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[15:14] | Now I don’t have to learn either of their names. | 我不用背他们的名字了 |
[15:16] | 埃文 埃邦尼 | |
[15:19] | Louis. We have to raffle off the turkey. | 路易斯 我们得抽奖了 |
[15:21] | Oh, while we’re at it, | 我们抽奖送火鸡的时候 |
[15:22] | Why don’t we just raffle off the whole restaurant? | 为什么不直接把整个餐厅也抽奖送出去吧 |
[15:24] | Because we already bought the turkey. | 因为我们已经买了火鸡 |
[15:26] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[15:29] | The dupe. | 出老千 |
[15:30] | What? | 什么 |
[15:31] | The winning ticket. | 中奖券 |
[15:34] | Did you rig this? | 你暗箱操作了吗 |
[15:35] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢我 |
[15:36] | Now we get all the raffle money, | 现在我们得到彩金 |
[15:38] | And we can return the prize turkey. | 可以还了买火鸡的钱了 |
[15:40] | Happy thankskeeping. | 受恩节快乐哦 |
[15:41] | Of course you’d bring corruption into these halls. | 你当然会暗箱操作啦 |
[15:44] | You have no regard for the sanctity of cattleman’s! | 你根本不在乎牧场牛排餐厅的尊严 |
[15:46] | This day’s a celebration of people who made a living | 这个日子就是人们用来庆祝他们通过欺骗本地人 |
[15:48] | By swindling the natives. | 存活了下来的节日 |
[15:50] | I am so thanksgiving. | 我真得很感激 |
[15:53] | Hello, pilgrims! | 大家好 初始移民们 |
[15:55] | Gobble, gobble! | 咯咯 咯咯(模仿火鸡叫的声音) |
[15:56] | Hope you all saved room… For the big raffle. | 希望你们肚子还留着空 为这个巨大的火鸡做准备 |
[15:59] | Time to find out who has that winning ticket! | 是时候揭晓今晚的幸运中奖者了 |
[16:01] | Oh, I hope it’s me. | 我希望是我 |
[16:04] | Actually, that’s a good reminder that everyone is eligible. | 实际上 这话很好地提醒了中奖机会人人均等 |
[16:07] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 开始了 |
[16:36] | Well, no one’s claiming that, so it looks like | 没人领奖 看来我们得 |
[16:38] | We’re gonna have to draw another number. | 再转一次了 |
[16:39] | oh. | 噢 |
[16:42] | Oh, come on. I got to feed my snake. | 求中奖啊 我还有条蛇要养 |
[16:49] | that’s me! I won! | 是我 我中了 |
[16:51] | winner, winner, turkey dinner! | 赢家赢家 火鸡带回家 |
[16:54] | Happy thanksgiving, everyone. | 大家感恩节快乐 |
[16:55] | Oh, I knew I was gonna win. | 噢 我就知道我会赢的 |
[16:57] | I heard two phil collins songs on the radio this morning | 我今天在广播连续听到了两首 |
[16:59] | In a row. | 菲尔·科林斯的歌 |
[16:59] | Best thanksgiving alone ever. | 史上最佳的单身感恩节 |
[17:01] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[17:03] | Uh, and here’s your prize now. | 这就是你的奖品 |
[17:07] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[17:08] | Your prize. | 奖品啊 |
[17:09] | I thought it was supposed to be a fresh turkey. | 不是说是新鲜火鸡吗 |
[17:10] | Right. Well, this is as fresh as it gets. | 对啊 最新鲜就是这个样子的了 |
[17:12] | I can’t put that thing in my lebaron. | 我不能把那东西带上车 |
[17:14] | It could peck my head while I’m driving home. | 我开车的时候它会啄我的头的 |
[17:16] | Well, if you don’t want it, I can always draw another number. | 如果你不想要的话 我就再抽一个人 |
[17:18] | Or the same number I drew before. | 或者就给我之前抽到的那个人 |
[17:20] | No, I want it. | 不 我想要 |
[17:21] | It’s just that a fresh turkey | 只是新鲜火鸡 |
[17:23] | Means prepped and dressed — as in oven-ready, | 意思是 准备好的 可以直送烤箱的 |
[17:25] | As in dead. | 死的 |
[17:29] | Aah! It came at me! | 啊 它朝我来了 |
[17:31] | How did my mother do this three times a week? | 我妈之前是怎么做到一周杀三只鸡的 |
[17:34] | Maybe you can kill it from the inside | 或许你可以试试用寒心的话 |
[17:35] | By crushing its dreams with your unsupportive words. | 摧毁它的梦想 从内心杀死它 |
[17:39] | Okay. Why are you so upset? | 行了 你为什么这么难过 |
[17:41] | We have always been on the same page | 我们一直以来都很同步 |
[17:42] | About building up the restaurant and then selling it. | 说好要开一家饭店 然后就卖了它 |
[17:45] | I know, but that was before the boys showed interest. | 我知道 但我没想到儿子们会有兴趣啊 |
[17:47] | I like the idea of handing something I created | 我想要把我亲手创造的东西 |
[17:49] | Down to my sons. | 代代相传下去 |
[17:50] | Is that so bad? | 这主意很糟糕吗 |
[17:51] | They’re kids. | 他们只是孩子 |
[17:53] | They don’t know what they want. | 他们不知道自己想要什么 |
[17:54] | This week, eddie wants to inherit the restaurant | 这个礼拜 埃迪想要继承饭店 |
[17:57] | Because it’s convenient for his school protest. | 就因为可以不用学习 |
[18:00] | Last week, he wanted — | 上个礼拜 他想要 |
[18:01] | He wanted to invent underwear made out of bubble wrap — | 他想要发明一种泡泡纸内裤 |
[18:03] | Right after he took a hard fall off that bench. | 就因为他从板凳上重重摔了一跤 |
[18:05] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:06] | Louis, this place is the reason our boys are going to have | 路易斯 这个饭店就是我们儿子能够 |
[18:10] | The opportunity to pursue their dreams — | 追逐他们梦想的原因 |
[18:12] | Dreams they’ll appreciate | 他们真正喜欢的梦想 |
[18:14] | Because they’ll work hard for them, the way you did. | 因为他们会为之努力 就像你一样 |
[18:17] | Doctor, president, lawyer — | 医生 总统 律师 |
[18:20] | Whatever non-teaching jobs they want. | 任何不是当老师的工作 |
[18:24] | So, it’s not that you think this place | 所以 你不是认为这个饭店 |
[18:26] | Isn’t good enough for them? | 对他们来说不够好咯 |
[18:27] | oh. | 噢 |
[18:29] | Oh, louis, of course I don’t think this place | 噢路易斯 我当然觉得这个地方 |
[18:32] | Is good enough for them, | 对他们来说不够好 |
[18:33] | But it’s not because I look down on cattleman’s. | 但不是因为我看不起牧场主餐厅 |
[18:36] | It’s just because I have ridiculously high hopes | 只是因为我对我们孩子抱着高得离谱的 |
[18:40] | For our boys. | 期待 |
[18:43] | And that’s all possible because of what you accomplished. | 而一切都是有可能的 因为有你付出的这一切 |
[18:54] | That’s my number! I won! | 是我的号码 我中了 |
[18:55] | You can have your bed back. | 你可以要回你的床了 |
[18:57] | What? I can? | 什么 真的吗 |
[18:59] | Where’d you hide it? | 你藏去哪了 |
[19:00] | It was in grandma’s room. | 你奶奶房间 |
[19:02] | You know, you really should visit her more often. | 你真该多去看看她 |
[19:03] | She’s an interesting lady. | 她是个很有意思的老太太 |
[19:14] | Wait. | 等等 |
[19:15] | I didn’t say I’d try hard in school again. | 我没说我会好好学习 |
[19:17] | Why are you giving me my bed back? | 为什么你愿意给回床给我 |
[19:19] | What can I say? | 我要怎么说呢 |
[19:20] | I guess this holiday just has me in a giving mood. | 我想是这个节日让我备感慷慨吧 |
[19:23] | In fact, all meals are on the house today! | 说真的 今天吃饭全场免单 |
[19:26] | Happy thanksgiving! | 感恩节快乐 |
[19:29] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[19:30] | You just gave away your entire thanksgiving profits! | 你把感恩节赚的钱都送出去了 |
[19:33] | And I won’t stop there. | 我不会就这样罢休 |
[19:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:37] | I’ll drive your father’s dream straight into the ground | 我会把你爸的梦想毁得稀巴烂 |
[19:40] | If it motivates you to get a’s again. | 只要你愿意继续努力拿A |
[19:43] | Ohh. You thought I just had a little holiday change of heart? | 噢 你还以为我被节日气氛感染了吗 |
[19:46] | No. | 不 |
[19:48] | Your mom’s just… | 你妈妈我 |
[19:50] | A little crazy. | 只是有点疯狂 |
[19:53] | Loco. | 不正常 |
[20:05] | So, it started with n.W.A. | 所以 要从N.W.A说起[嘻哈说唱乐队] |
[20:06] | Then eazy-e and ruthless records branched off | 队长Eazy-E和Ruthless公司 |
[20:08] | With b.G. Knocc out, dresta, and the d.O.C. | 和B.G.Knocc out Dresta TheD.0.C分道扬镳 |
[20:10] | Mc ren and dj yella’s lines don’t go anywhere, | MC Ren和DJ Yella没有动 |
[20:13] | And I’m not sure who this arabian prince guy is. | 但我不知道这个Arabian Prince是谁 |
[20:15] | Now, dr. Dre and ice cube are a different story. | 现在 Dr.Dre和艾斯·库伯则是另一个故事了 |
[20:18] | Cube formed the whole lench mob crew family — | 库伯创立了Da Lench Mob唱片公司 |
[20:20] | Da lench mob, del the funky homosapien — | 像Da Lench Mob和Del Tha Funkee Homosapien |
[20:23] | Ice cube’s cousin and a member of the hieroglyphics — | 艾斯·库伯的表亲和Hieroglyphics乐队的成员 |
[20:26] | Dub c and mack 10 of westside connection, | Dub c和Westside Connection乐队的Mack 10 |
[20:28] | And dj pooh. | 和DJ维尼 |
[20:29] | Heh. Pooh. | 哈哈哈 维尼 |
[20:31] | Now, dre gave birth to 213’s snoop dogg, | Dre也带来了213乐队的Snoop Dogg |
[20:33] | Which led to the lady of rage, tha dogg pound — | 接下来就是The Lady Of Rage Tha Dogg Pound |
[20:36] | Daz and kurupt — warren g, dr. Dre’s stepbrother, | Daz and kurupt Warren G Dre的弟弟 |
[20:39] | And nate dogg, who is in no relation to snoop dogg, | 还有Nate Dogg 但他和Snoop Dogg没有一点关系 |
[20:43] | But he’s like everyone’s adopted brother | 他就像是大家的养兄弟一样 |
[20:45] | Because they can’t sing a refrain without him. | 因为他们唱副歌不能没有他 |
[20:46] | There’s so many doggs. | 太多狗狗了 |
[20:49] | And that’s it. That’s my family tree. | 就这样 这就是我的家系图 |
[20:53] | Ah, good enough. | 算了 就这样了 |