时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 字幕仅供学习,勿用于商 转载请注明出处,版权归片方所有 | |
[00:04] | Hi, Mommy. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[00:05] | Today, my friend Zack | 我的小伙伴儿扎克 |
[00:06] | tried to drink a large apple juice. | 今天挑战了一大杯苹果汁儿 |
[00:08] | It didn’t end well. | 结果惨不忍睹 |
[00:09] | He peed himself. | 他尿了自己一身 |
[00:11] | How close were you? Do we need to burn your shoes? | 当时你离他有多近 需不需要烧掉你的鞋 |
[00:14] | Good. | 那就好 |
[00:15] | Look what I got you. | 看看这是什么 |
[00:16] | My very own Costco membership card! | 你给我办了张好市多超市会员卡 |
[00:19] | Now when we go together on Sundays, | 以后我们周日一起去的时候 |
[00:21] | you can enter six to eight paces ahead of me. | 你就可以拿着你的卡 一个人大摇大摆地进去了 |
[00:24] | Plus, when offers say “Limit one per customer,” | 而且 碰上一人一份的限量商品的时候 |
[00:26] | guess who is two customers now. | 猜猜谁和谁能买两份儿呀 |
[00:28] | Hey, there’s my friend Zack. | 看 是我的朋友扎克 |
[00:29] | You and me. The answer was you and me. | 你和我 答案是咱俩 |
[00:31] | Evan, they gave me a bag for my underwear! | 埃文 他们给了我个袋子装内裤 |
[00:34] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[00:39] | What does that mean… WWJD? | 那是什么意思 WWJD |
[00:42] | It stands for “What Would Jesus Do?” | 意思是 上帝会怎么做 |
[00:45] | Or maybe it stands for “What Would Jessica Do?” | 或者是 杰西卡会怎么做 |
[00:50] | She would put that in a safe place, | 她会把那张卡收好 |
[00:51] | because a replacement card costs $16. | 因为补卡要花十六刀 |
[01:15] | Oh, and we need more dish soap. | 哦 我们还得买点儿洗洁精 |
[01:17] | Let’s get a barrel. | 来一桶吧 |
[01:18] | When it’s empty, I saw it in half… | 用完了 我就把桶锯成两半儿 |
[01:20] | Two flower pots. | 当俩个花盆用 |
[01:21] | Ooh! | 机智 |
[01:22] | What a list. | 这购物单完美 |
[01:24] | What a beautiful Costco shopping list. | 多么美丽的一张好市多购物单啊 |
[01:27] | Oh, could you add Frosted Flakes? | 能加上香甜玉米片吗 |
[01:28] | That would be grrrrreat! | 那就忒———棒了 |
[01:32] | It’s what the tiger on the box says. | 盒子上的那只老虎就是这么说的 |
[01:33] | How does a tiger know more English than Grandma? | 怎么一只老虎的英语都比奶奶好 |
[01:37] | Well, I think Honey and I are gonna head out. | 我和哈妮要出去约会了 |
[01:39] | Saturday nights are when we remind ourselves | 我们每周六晚上都要嘿嘿嘿 |
[01:41] | that we’re not just roommates. | 否则岂不是和普通室友没什么两样 |
[01:44] | Okay, they didn’t need to know that, sweetie. | 好的亲爱的 他们没必要连这个也知道 |
[01:47] | Oh, Louis, how much do I owe you? | 哦 路易斯 多少钱 |
[01:49] | Oh, please, put away your wallet. | 算了算了 把钱包收起来 |
[01:50] | It’s on me. | 这顿我请 |
[01:51] | You sure? | 真的吗 |
[01:52] | Yes, Louis, you sure? | 是啊 路易斯 真的吗 |
[01:54] | Absolutely. It’s the friends discount. | 当然是真的 友情价嘛 |
[01:56] | Oh, thanks, Lou. You know what? | 谢了 路 这样吧 |
[01:59] | Why don’t you stop by my dental office for a cleaning | 你来我的牙科诊所清洁下牙齿 |
[02:00] | anytime, | 随时都可以 |
[02:03] | at the “Friends price.” | 友情服务 |
[02:04] | I do have a little time on Sunday | 我周日有点儿时间 |
[02:06] | while Jessica and Evan are at Costco… | 杰西卡和埃文要去逛好市多超市 |
[02:08] | Like five to eight hours. | 一逛就是五到八个小时 |
[02:10] | Done. I’ll see you then. | 就这么定了 到时候见 |
[02:12] | I think it’s lovely you spend Saturday nights | 我觉得你把周六晚上的时间 |
[02:14] | focused on your marriage. | 用来经营你的婚姻真是太有爱了 |
[02:15] | When I have a wife, | 等我有了老婆 |
[02:16] | I’m gonna touch butts with her every day. | 我会和她啪啪啪每一天 |
[02:21] | We, uh… | 我们 额 |
[02:22] | We’ve been putting off “The talk.” | 我们一直避免谈这个话题 |
[02:29] | Hey, Monica. | 嗨 莫妮卡 |
[02:31] | Hey, Sam. | 嗨 山姆 |
[02:32] | Hey, Jason. | 嗨 杰森 |
[02:37] | I feel so calm here, | 我在这儿感受到了内心的安宁 |
[02:39] | just knowing all the bulk deals are waiting. | 那么多的批发价商品在等着我 |
[02:44] | An entire case of mushroom soup for $4.99? | 一整盒的蘑菇汤才要四块九毛九 |
[02:48] | Damn it, Costco, you’ve done it again. | 真讨厌 好市多你又这样子 |
[02:56] | Ooh, can we get this? | 哦 可以买这个吗 |
[02:57] | # It’s not unusual # | #被人爱这件事# |
[02:59] | # To be loved by anyone # | #没有那么的不寻常# |
[03:02] | That’s silly. What would you even use that for? | 好蠢 你要这个干嘛 |
[03:04] | It’s 80% off. | 打两折 |
[03:05] | We’ll get two. | 那拿两个 |
[03:09] | Hey, Jessica! Evan! | 嗨 杰西卡 埃文 |
[03:11] | Don’t wander far. | 别走远了 |
[03:13] | I’m debuting a spicy-ranch spread. | 我在做辛辣农场的饼干试吃 |
[03:15] | Hi, Marie. How’s your cat, Sadie, doing? | 嗨 玛丽 你的猫 莎蒂 最近还好吗 |
[03:18] | 19 years old and still bringing me mouse heads, | 十九岁了还在抓老鼠 吃剩个老鼠头带回来给我 |
[03:20] | bless her heart. | 上帝保佑她 |
[03:24] | – I like the cool, fiesta flavor. – I don’t like this, | -我喜欢这个嘉年华味儿 -不好吃 |
[03:26] | but it’s free, so I will continue to chew. | 但鉴于是免费的 我还是吃了吧 |
[04:12] | Another great Sunday. | 又是一个美好的周日 |
[04:13] | And not too rough on the old pocketbook. | 而且买的东西都很便宜 |
[04:16] | Oh, by the way, | 哦 对了 |
[04:17] | my friend Zack wants to hang out next Sunday. | 我朋友扎克说下周日一起出去玩儿 |
[04:19] | Great, next Sunday’s our toilet paper run. | 太好了 下周日要来买卫生纸 |
[04:21] | We could use the extra set of hands | 他正好可以来帮忙 |
[04:22] | to help carry the 144-pack. | 提一袋儿一百四十四卷的纸回去 |
[04:24] | Ooh, birthday cake. Whose birthday is it? | 喔 生日蛋糕 谁过生日 |
[04:26] | Look at the price, Carmine. | 看看价格 卡迈恩 |
[04:28] | At 5 cents a cubic-inch, it’s all our birthdays. | 一寸蛋糕五分钱 就算不是生日也得过个生日 |
[04:35] | Oh, you did great. | 哦 你保养得很好 |
[04:37] | No cavities. Very little plaque. | 没有龋洞 很少的齿菌斑 |
[04:45] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[04:47] | Tooth plaque is bad, | 齿菌斑很不好 |
[04:48] | and the plaque you hang on the wall is good. | 但是墙上挂的匾牌(和齿菌斑同词异意)很棒 |
[04:50] | I never thought of that. | 我都没想到过这个梗 |
[04:51] | You’re all done, buddy. | 好了 哥们儿 |
[04:52] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[04:56] | Gah! What happened?! | 嘎 什么情况 |
[04:58] | I threw a whitener into the fluoride treatment. | 我在氟化物治疗里面加了点儿美白剂 |
[05:00] | The “Friends price.” | 友情服务哦 |
[05:01] | You’re welcome, pal. | 不用客气 老弟 |
[05:03] | Huh, it’s very bright. | 很亮 |
[05:05] | It’s just, uh… | 只是 |
[05:07] | very bright. | 非常亮 |
[05:08] | You’ll get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[05:09] | Your teeth haven’t been this clean since you were born. | 这是你出生以来牙齿最干净的时刻 |
[05:13] | They’re birth white. | 这叫‘胎生白’ |
[05:15] | Trust me. Everyone’s gonna love it. | 相信我 大家都会喜欢的 |
[05:18] | What happened to your teeth? | 你的牙怎么了 |
[05:20] | Marvin snuck tooth whitener in. | 马文给我美白了 |
[05:22] | I should’ve bought those sunglasses. | 我应该买了那幅墨镜的 |
[05:24] | I didn’t ask for this. | 又不是我要求的 |
[05:26] | Now I know how people who wake up in bathtubs | 现在我知道那些醒来发现自己躺在浴缸里 |
[05:28] | without their kidneys feel… Violated. | 还没了肾的人的感受了 一种被侵犯的感觉 |
[05:31] | Clean but violated. | 确实干净 但还是感觉被侵犯 |
[05:32] | Did you get it? | 你买麦片了吗 |
[05:33] | Yes, I got your tiger sugar flakes. | 当然 给你买了你的老虎香甜玉米片 |
[05:36] | They’re in the variety pack. | 多口味混合包装 |
[05:37] | Oh, Dad? | 爸爸 |
[05:39] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[05:40] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[05:41] | That’s my default way of speaking. | 刚才是我系统默认的讲话方式 |
[05:42] | I meant, “Ohh, Dad.” | 我是想说 哦 我的爹啊 |
[05:47] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[05:56] | It’s not so bad. | 没那么糟糕 |
[05:58] | Give it a week. I’m sure it’ll fade. | 过一个星期 它肯定会褪掉的 |
[06:02] | It’s like living with a lighthouse. | 我就像是和一座灯塔住在一起一样 |
[06:04] | I feel like it’s gaining strength. | 我觉得它愈来愈白了 |
[06:07] | Mom, could you pick up some more Frosted Flakes today? | 妈妈 你今天能再买点儿香甜玉米片吗 |
[06:09] | Well, you still have the variety pack left. | 但你们的多口味包还没吃完 |
[06:10] | I’m not going to buy new cereal | 我不可能去买新的麦片 |
[06:11] | when there’s still perfectly good cereal left. | 这还剩下很多很好的麦片啊 |
[06:13] | But the rooster on the box looks so serious. | 但盒子上的公鸡看起来太吓人了 |
[06:18] | Finish these, then I’ll buy more. | 吃完这些 我再去买新的 |
[06:21] | Evan, come on, I want to get there early | 埃文 快点 我想早点儿去 |
[06:22] | for the gas station fistfights! | 去加油站撸袖子‘战斗’ |
[06:24] | You know I love that. | 你知道我有多喜欢的啊 |
[06:27] | Why are you so dressed up? | 你穿这么好看要去干嘛 |
[06:30] | Is a guest author coming today? | 今天有什么访客作家要来吗 |
[06:32] | Is Dean Koontz coming back? | 丁·昆士又要来了吗 |
[06:34] | Sorry, Mommy. I can’t go to Costco today. | 抱歉 妈妈 我今天不能去好市多超市 |
[06:37] | Zack and his mom are picking me up. | 扎克和他妈妈会来接我 |
[06:39] | What do you mean? Where are you going? | 什么意思 你要去哪儿 |
[06:40] | To church. | 教堂 |
[06:44] | Church? What do you mean “Church”? | 教堂 你去教堂干什么 |
[06:48] | Zack’s always talking about it, and it sounds fun. | 扎克总是在说教堂的事情 听起来很有意思 |
[06:50] | Remember, I told you he wanted to hang out? | 你还记得吗 我跟你说过他说要出去玩儿 |
[06:53] | That’s them. | 他们来了 |
[06:54] | Don’t sit in the beanbag chairs | 别坐变形椅了哦 |
[06:55] | without someone to pull you out. | 今天没人拉你出来了 |
[07:02] | Church? | 教堂 |
[07:03] | – Yeah, that was surprising. – But why? | -嗯 很令人吃惊 -为什么呢 |
[07:05] | He knows we’re mostly lapsed Buddhists | 他知道我们算小半个佛教徒 |
[07:07] | who believe in some Chinese superstition | 我们相信中国的迷信 |
[07:08] | but also like Christmas but in a festive, | 同时也喜欢圣诞 但只是当作过个节 |
[07:11] | not-religious way. | 没有任何宗教意义 |
[07:12] | He’s probably just exploring. I went through a similar phase. | 他大概只是在探索 我也经历过这个阶段 |
[07:15] | I was raised Buddhist | 我家里都信佛 |
[07:16] | but wanted to see what else was out there. | 但我曾想看看除此之外还有什么 |
[07:19] | I almost converted to Mormonism. | 我差点儿就皈依了摩门教 |
[07:20] | So, we give up coffee, | 也就是说 我们放弃喝咖啡 |
[07:22] | and in exchange, we get a second wife? | 但是作为交换条件 我们可以娶两个老婆 |
[07:33] | Ultimately, I just love caffeine too much. | 结果 我还是太爱喝咖啡了 |
[07:36] | Church. | 教堂 |
[07:37] | Why would he want to go there | 他为什么想去教堂 |
[07:38] | instead of to Costco with me? | 而不是和我去逛好市多 |
[07:40] | Jessica, don’t worry. It’s just one Sunday. | 杰西卡 别担心 只是一个周日而已 |
[07:42] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[07:43] | You’re right. It’s just one Sunday. | 你说的对 就一个周日而已 |
[07:45] | He’s probably gonna be bored. | 他可能会觉得教堂很无聊 |
[07:47] | It’s fine. I’ll just go to Costco alone. | 没关系 我就自己去好市多好了 |
[07:49] | It’s no big deal. | 又不是什么大事儿 |
[07:51] | If you want, I can go with you. | 你愿意的话 我可以和你一起去 |
[07:52] | Oh, uh, it’s… | 哦 额 那个 |
[07:55] | It’s just that I know people there, and… | 我认识那儿的人 然后 |
[07:59] | You get it? | 你懂吗 |
[08:03] | Each one has a higher fiber content than the last. | 每一盒的纤维含量都比上一盒高 |
[08:06] | Zero sugars?! | 零糖分 |
[08:07] | How does this even qualify as a cereal? | 没糖的怎么能叫作合格的麦片 |
[08:10] | What if we put it in our pockets | 我们把它放到口袋里 |
[08:12] | and slip it down our pant legs, | 然后顺着裤管儿滑下去 怎么样 |
[08:13] | like in “Shawshank Redemption”? | 就像《肖申克的救赎》里面那样 |
[08:15] | Mom will find it. | 妈妈会知道的 |
[08:16] | She always sniffs out wasted food. | 她总能发现浪费的粮食 |
[08:18] | Remember when I didn’t eat my pizza crusts? | 你还记得上次我没吃掉的披萨边儿吗 |
[08:25] | She can get real creative. | 她的创造力真是超群 |
[08:27] | That’s what we need to do… | 这就是我们要做的 |
[08:29] | Get creative. | 发挥创造力 |
[08:31] | Rice Krispie Treats! | 棉花糖米脆款待 |
[08:32] | If marshmallow and butter can make these taste good, | 如果棉花糖和黄油能让这些东西好吃点儿 |
[08:34] | they’ll make all of these taste good. | 它们就能让所有的这些麦片变得好吃 |
[08:36] | So, like a Bad Cereal Treat? | 就像是难以下咽的麦片大餐 |
[08:39] | Like a Bad-Ass Cereal Treat. | 是难以小看的麦片大餐 |
[08:42] | Step aside. | 一边去 |
[08:43] | I’m gonna get my chef on. | 本厨师要上线了 |
[08:45] | I present to you… | 各位观众这就是 |
[08:47] | B.A.C.T the B.A.C.T… | |
[08:49] | The Bad-Ass Cereal Treat. | 难以小看的麦片款待 |
[08:58] | Is yours getting any smaller? | 你的嚼完了吗 |
[09:00] | No. | 没有 |
[09:01] | We should just keep chewing. | 我们就继续嚼嚼看吧 |
[09:09] | Nope. It’s just me. | 并不是 是我 |
[09:10] | She’s just making fun of my teeth again. | 她只是在嘲笑我的牙 |
[09:13] | Each time more hurtfully than the last. | 一次比一次伤人 |
[09:50] | Help! Someone! | 帮我一下 有没有人 |
[09:51] | Assist! | 帮把手 |
[10:03] | Ritz me, Marie. I’ve had a day. | 给我饼干 玛丽 我今天不开心 |
[10:04] | Where’s Evan? | 埃文呢 |
[10:06] | Oh, no. You didn’t lose him, did you? | 哦不是吧 你不会把他弄丢了吧 |
[10:08] | No. I didn’t lose Evan. | 我当然没把埃文弄丢 |
[10:10] | Although I might have. | 不过我可能要失去他了 |
[10:12] | I just might have. | 只是可能 |
[10:15] | What? Sorry. I got distracted. | 什么 抱歉 我刚才分神了 |
[10:16] | Bailey’s wearing a tight smock again. | 贝利又穿紧身衣了 |
[10:27] | Hello, Evan! | 嗨 埃文 |
[10:30] | I forgot you were out. | 我都忘了你出门了 |
[10:31] | That’s right. You had, uh, church. | 对了 你去了 额 教堂 |
[10:34] | How was it? Boring? | 怎么样 无聊吗 |
[10:36] | How boring was it? | 有多无聊 |
[10:37] | It wasn’t boring at all. | 一点儿也不无聊 |
[10:39] | Everyone knows everyone. | 那里的人都很友好 |
[10:40] | There’s crackers and grape juice. | 他们那儿有饼干还有葡萄汁 |
[10:42] | They talk about values, and they tell stories. | 他们探讨价值观 还会讲故事 |
[10:44] | Like, once, there was this flood, | 比如说 又一次 发了大洪水 |
[10:46] | so this man Noah decided to build a boat | 于是有个叫诺亚的人打算造一艘船 |
[10:48] | for all the animals. | 拯救所有的动物 |
[10:50] | He built a boat by himself? | 他自己造了一艘船 |
[10:52] | Yeah, and he was 600 years old! | 对啊 而且他都六百岁了 |
[10:55] | What? | 啥 |
[10:55] | And then he got two of every animal on Earth | 然后在地球上的动物中 每一种选两只留下 |
[10:58] | and sailed around for 40 days. | 航行了大约四十天 |
[11:00] | Even snakes? | 也包括蛇吗 |
[11:01] | Yeah, he saved every animal. | 对啊 他救了每一种动物 |
[11:02] | You’re telling me a man | 你是说有个人 |
[11:04] | had the chance to let all the snakes drown, | 有机会让所有的蛇都淹死 |
[11:06] | and instead, he put two of them on a boat? | 却选择挑了两条放在船上吗 |
[11:08] | No, that’s not real. | 不 那都是瞎扯 |
[11:09] | Next Sunday, you should come with me. | 下周日 你应该和我一起去 |
[11:10] | You can hear about it yourself. | 你可以亲自听一听 |
[11:12] | Wait. You’re going back next Sunday? | 等会儿 你下周日还要去 |
[11:14] | But Costco just got the big bags of rice in stock. | 可好市多刚开始甩卖大包的米啊 |
[11:16] | We could put one on the bathroom scale | 咱们可以放一包在浴室的秤上 |
[11:18] | and see if you weigh more than it yet. | 看你有没有比它重 |
[11:20] | That does sound fun, | 听起来不错 |
[11:22] | but I think I’d rather go to church. | 可我还是想去教堂 |
[11:24] | Next week, there’s a guitarist coming. | 下周有个吉他手要来表演 |
[11:33] | Oh, Louis, my friend, come over here | 路易斯 朋友 来这儿 |
[11:34] | and meet the old boys from dental school. | 见见我牙医学院的老朋友 |
[11:36] | Hello. Nice to meet you. | 你们好 很高兴见到你们 |
[11:38] | Oh, buddy. These burgers are so good. | 噢 伙计 这汉堡太赞了 |
[11:40] | Great. Juicy. | 很棒 美味多汁 |
[11:41] | Perfect temp. Eh. | 火候很适宜 |
[11:42] | Ah, don’t mind Ted. | 不要介意泰德 |
[11:44] | You know how every ad says | 你知道每个广告都这样说 |
[11:45] | four out of five dentists recommend a product? | 五个医生里有四个要向你推销产品 |
[11:47] | He’s that fifth guy. | 他就是那第五个 |
[11:49] | He can just never get on board. | 他永远也上不了道 |
[11:51] | What can I say? I’m hard to please. | 要我怎么说 我很难取悦的 |
[11:54] | I gave Louis the cleaning of his life last week | 我上星期以亲友价给路易斯 |
[11:56] | at the “Friends price.” | 洗了次牙 |
[11:57] | Go ahead. Reveal that ivory curtain. | 来吧 给我们看看你那能亮瞎24K钛合金狗眼的牙齿 |
[11:59] | Um… actually, I need to work the floor, so… | 呃 实际上 我得打扫一下地板 所以… |
[12:02] | Come on, now. Don’t be shy. | 来吧 来吧 别害羞 |
[12:04] | You look like a million bucks. | 你人见人爱啊 |
[12:05] | – No, I’m good. – Come on. | -不了吧 -来吧 |
[12:06] | Smile. Smile. | 笑一个 笑一个吧 |
[12:08] | I don’t want to smile. | 我不想笑啊 |
[12:09] | Smile! | 快特么的笑啊 |
[12:09] | No! | 不要 |
[12:10] | I never wanted this! | 我从没想要过这个 |
[12:12] | You can’t just change the color of a man’s teeth without asking. | 你不能连问都不问就改变一个人牙齿的颜色 |
[12:15] | Hey, I did you a favor, as a friend. | 嘿 我可当你是朋友才帮你做的 |
[12:18] | I liked my old teeth hue. | 我喜欢我牙齿原来的颜色 |
[12:20] | I gave you 250 bucks of free work, | 我给了你两百五十块的免单 |
[12:22] | and I made you easier on the eyes. | 让你在大家眼里更有魅力 |
[12:24] | I took you from a seven to an eight… | 我把你从七分 提到了八分 |
[12:26] | An eight and a half. | 甚至八点五分 |
[12:28] | I was never a seven! | 我从来都不是七分 |
[12:37] | It’s getting harder. | 它变得更硬了 |
[12:38] | And I think, somehow, bigger. | 而且我觉得更大了 |
[12:39] | It’s Saturday night. | 已经周六晚上了 |
[12:40] | If we don’t finish by tomorrow morning, | 如果我们明天早上之前吃不完的话 |
[12:42] | we won’t get our Frosted Flakes. | 我们就拿不到冻麦片了 |
[12:44] | Like Tupac… R.I.P… said, | 就像图帕克说的那样 |
[12:45] | “No matter how hard it gets, | 不管有多困难 |
[12:47] | stick your chest out, keep your head up, | 你都要抬头挺胸 |
[12:49] | and handle it.” | 然后消灭困难 |
[12:50] | Are they getting any closer to catching his killer? | 他们抓捕杀手有进展了吗 |
[12:52] | No. They have no leads. | 没有 他们一点线索都没有 |
[12:53] | Cops are chasing their own tails! | 这些警察简直是在瞎忙活 |
[13:00] | Don’t look at me while I do this. | 别在我这么做的时候盯着我 |
[13:18] | Do you know what Evan is doing alone in his room? | 你知道埃文一个人在房间里做什么吗 |
[13:20] | Already? He’s only 9. | 他才九岁 就开始内啥了吗 |
[13:22] | He’s praying. | 他在祈祷 |
[13:23] | Oh, yes, that’s, uh… what I thought, too. | 噢 对对对 那正是我所想的 |
[13:25] | What is he saying? | 他说什么了 |
[13:26] | What conversation does he need to be having with God | 他究竟要和上帝谈什么 |
[13:28] | that he can’t have with his own mother? | 却不愿意跟他妈妈分享 |
[13:30] | If you’re so curious, | 如果你这么感兴趣 |
[13:31] | maybe you should go to church with him. | 你应该跟埃文一起去教堂 |
[13:32] | You know my family wasn’t religious. | 你知道我家可不信教啊 |
[13:34] | I just didn’t grow up that way. | 我从小到大都没接触过宗教 |
[13:36] | It all just seems so strange. | 这对我来说太陌生了 |
[13:38] | The only thing I know about Christianity | 我对基督教的唯一了解 |
[13:40] | is the sad story of Mary’s son leaving her. | 就是玛丽的孩子离开她的悲伤故事 |
[13:44] | There’s more to it than that. | 绝不仅仅如此 |
[13:45] | I do believe there’s something bigger out there. | 我相信基督教肯定有更多的涵义 |
[13:48] | And there are upsides to organized religion. | 而且信教是有不少好处的 |
[13:50] | I biked around for a summer with the Mormons, | 我曾经一个夏天都在跟摩门教徒们骑车 |
[13:52] | and you should’ve seen my calves. | 你真该看看我那时候的小腿 |
[13:53] | I mean, like pow, pow! | 粗的跟大脑袋似的 |
[13:54] | He’s just a boy. | 他只是个孩子 |
[13:55] | He doesn’t need pow-pow calves. | 他不需要有多粗的腿 |
[13:57] | But he does need to find his own way, | 但他确实需要摸索自己的道路 |
[13:59] | and you have to let him see where this leads. | 你应该让他试试看能走到哪里 |
[14:01] | What if I can’t? | 要是我做不到呢 |
[14:03] | You have to. | 你必须做到 |
[14:15] | Evan. | 埃文 |
[14:19] | God? | 是上帝吗 |
[14:20] | Yes, Evan. It’s me… God. | 是的 埃文 我是上帝 |
[14:22] | I have a special message for you. | 我想对你讲一句特别的话 |
[14:24] | Don’t go to church anymore. | 别再去教堂了 |
[14:26] | What?! | 什么 |
[14:28] | There’s too many people already. It’s just too much. | 教堂里太多人了已经 太多了 |
[14:31] | Go to Costco with Mommy instead. | 跟妈妈一起去好市多购物吧 |
[14:35] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[14:37] | I was just getting some applesauce. | 我只是在拿苹果沙拉 |
[14:40] | Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[14:41] | I’m disappointed in your betrayal. | 我对你的行为很失望 |
[14:43] | But I forgive you. | 但是我原谅你 |
[14:44] | That’s what Jesus would do. | 这正是上帝会做的 |
[14:49] | And, please, wipe off the microphone | 还有 麻烦用完的时候 |
[14:50] | when you’re finished with it. | 擦一下扩音器 |
[14:51] | It’s for both of us. | 我们俩个都要用 |
[15:00] | I’m going to church, brothers. | 哥哥们 我要去教堂了 |
[15:01] | By the way, if you hear the voice of God, | 对了 你们如果听到上帝的声音的话 |
[15:03] | it’s just Mom. | 那只是妈妈而已 |
[15:09] | Evan, take this loaf with you! | 埃文 带上这块面包 |
[15:10] | Maybe the homeless will want it! | 或许流浪汉想要它 |
[15:14] | I’m washing down bites like pills. | 我现在就像是在吞药一样 |
[15:17] | You faked being God? | 你假装成上帝 |
[15:19] | I mean, I know I say I’m a god on the dance floor, | 我知道我曾自誉为舞神 |
[15:21] | but never in front of the children. | 但从没在孩子面前这样 |
[15:23] | I didn’t know what else to do! | 我不知道该怎么办了 |
[15:24] | I thought if I could just get him back to Costco… | 我想如果我能再让埃文跟我一起去购物的话 |
[15:26] | Aah! | 啊 |
[15:29] | I fink I chipped my toof. | 我吼想我把牙给咬醉了 |
[15:40] | I’m sorry. I just can’t recommend it. | 抱歉 我真的没法推荐它 |
[15:42] | Oh, come on, Ted. | 得了吧 泰德 |
[15:46] | Louis. | 路易斯 |
[15:47] | Well, do you have an appointment? | 你有预约吗 |
[15:49] | Uh… look, I know things were awkward the other night. | 我知道前天晚上有点尴尬 |
[15:52] | Eddie! Kiddo, what happened? | 埃迪 孩砸 怎么啦 |
[15:55] | B.A.C.T B.A.C.T. | |
[15:56] | Oh, is that an acronym for a Rice Krispie-style treat | 噢 那是脆米花的缩写吗 |
[15:58] | you tried to make out of the duds | 你是把各种包装的麦片 |
[15:59] | of a variety pack? | 给团成一大块垃圾食品了吗 |
[16:01] | I’m a dentist. I’ve seen everything. | 我是牙医 什么我没见过啊 |
[16:03] | Well, hop up in the chair, and let’s bib you up. | 坐到椅子上来吧 我来给你补补牙 |
[16:06] | I’ll take a gold cap like Big Daddy Kane, if you got it. | 如果可以的话 我想要个像凯恩大大那样的金牙 |
[16:09] | No. Just a normal cap. | 不行 只能普通的牙 |
[16:11] | I’m sorry I blew up at the restaurant. | 我很抱歉在餐厅里大发雷霆 |
[16:13] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 是我的不对 |
[16:14] | It was presumptuous of me to assume | 我自以为是的认为 |
[16:15] | that you wanted to look so damn fantastic. | 你想看起来非常独特 |
[16:18] | You were never a seven. | 你从来就不只七分 |
[16:20] | You were always a nine. | 你一直都是九分 |
[16:22] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[16:27] | Just so we’re clear, | 不过咱们得说清楚 |
[16:29] | I’m going to pay full price for Eddie’s dental work. | 埃迪的补牙费我会付全款的 |
[16:31] | I think it’s better that way, for our friendship. | 我觉得那样的话对于我们的友谊更好 |
[16:33] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[16:34] | And I’ll pay full price at your restaurant. | 我也会在你餐厅吃饭的时候付全款的 |
[16:36] | Well, I’m glad we worked this out. | 好吧 我很高兴我们解决了这个问题 |
[16:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:43] | Oh, and don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[16:44] | That whitening agent that I use | 我给你用的增白剂 |
[16:45] | only lasts four to six weeks. | 只会持续四到六周 |
[16:47] | Which is why I cannot recommend it. | 所以我不能推荐它 |
[16:48] | We get it, Ted! | 知道了 泰德 |
[16:50] | Okay? | 可以了吗 |
[16:51] | We get it! | 我们知道啦 |
[16:55] | Hey, Jessica. Special today… | 嗨 杰西卡 今日特品 |
[16:58] | Ritz-os. | 美味的小饼干 |
[16:59] | Who needs tortilla chips to make nachos? | 谁还会用玉米粉去做玉米片呢 |
[17:04] | Oh, no. I can make it less spicy. | 噢 糟糕 我该做的不辣点的 |
[17:06] | Can I talk to you about something? | 我能跟你讲点事情吗 |
[17:08] | Oh, sure. | 当然啦 |
[17:09] | I just need to make some more samples, | 我需要再做点样品 |
[17:11] | so how about I get the crackers, | 要不我去拿薄脆饼 |
[17:13] | you get the salsa. | 你去拿调味汁儿 |
[17:14] | We’ll chat in the aisle. | 我们在过道上聊天 |
[17:22] | So, how can I help? | 所以你有啥事呢 |
[17:24] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[17:25] | I have lost Evan… | 我已经失去埃文了 |
[17:28] | to church. | 他去教堂了 |
[17:29] | We used to spend every Sunday together, | 我们以前每周日都一起 |
[17:31] | and now he goes there instead of here with me. | 可现在他不陪我来逛超市而是去了教堂 |
[17:35] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:36] | And why does this upset you so? | 但为什么这会让你难过呢 |
[17:38] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清楚 |
[17:41] | I’m afraid I’m losing my baby to something I don’t understand. | 我担心我要失去我的孩子了 而我却对他感兴趣的东西一无所知 |
[17:45] | Well, you know, the first rule of sampling is, | 你知道的 做试吃品的第一条规则就是 |
[17:47] | always ask the customer what it is | 问顾客他们喜欢 |
[17:49] | they like about the sample. | 试吃品的哪些方面 |
[17:51] | Shouldn’t the first rule be hygiene? | 第一条规则不是卫生吗 |
[17:53] | Have you asked Evan what he likes about church? | 你有问过埃文为什么喜欢教堂吗 |
[17:56] | Yes, he says it’s fun, everybody knows everybody, | 有的 他说在哪儿很开心 大家都认识彼此 |
[18:00] | they talk about values, and they have good snacks. | 他们谈论着价值观 而且他们有很好吃的零食 |
[18:03] | Sounds like a place we both know and love. | 听起来像是一个我们都知道而且热爱的地方啊 |
[18:06] | What place? | 哪儿 |
[18:06] | Look around you. | 看看你周围 |
[18:11] | The community. | 这个群体 |
[18:13] | The values. | 这份观念 |
[18:15] | The sense of calm I get just walking in the door. | 这种我一进来就能感觉到的平静 |
[18:18] | Church is Evan’s Costco! | 教堂是埃文的好市多 |
[18:24] | Excuse me, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[18:25] | Are you Greg? | 您是格雷格先生吧 |
[18:27] | Your wife sent me. | 您的妻子让我捎个信儿 |
[18:29] | You’re supposed to be getting chicken nuggets and milk. | 您该去买鸡块和牛奶了 |
[18:41] | Mommy! | 麻麻 |
[18:42] | This is your bulk deals, | 这是你的大生意 |
[18:44] | and if that’s what you want, you can have it. | 如果这正是你想要的话 那你就去做把 |
[18:46] | I mean, I wish that bulk deals were your bulk deals, | 我想说 我希望这正如你所愿 |
[18:49] | but whatever. | 管他的 |
[18:50] | You’re young. You have time. | 你很年轻 你有的是时间 |
[18:51] | Eternity. | 一大把 |
[18:52] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[18:54] | For now, the only thing that matters to me | 现在 我唯一在乎的是 |
[18:56] | is that we get to spend Sundays together. | 我们应该一起度过周末 |
[18:58] | So, you’ll come to church with me? | 所以 你会陪我一起来教堂吗 |
[19:00] | I will come to outside church with you, | 我会陪你走到门口 |
[19:02] | and then you can go in. | 然后你进去开心的玩 |
[19:03] | I’m good out here. | 我就在外面 |
[19:05] | But I’ll wait for you. | 但我会等你的 |
[19:07] | And then you can tell me all about it. | 然后你可以告诉我里面发生的一切 |
[19:09] | Today, we learned about this man Jonah | 今天我们了解了乔那这个人 |
[19:12] | who lived in the belly of a whale for three whole days. | 他在一个鲸鱼的肚子里呆了三天 |
[19:14] | Impossible. | 不可能 |
[19:16] | – What was that? – Nothing. Go on. | -什么 -没啥 继续说 |
[19:17] | Oh, and get this. | 噢 听着 |
[19:19] | They have something called Sunday School here. | 他们这儿有周日学校 |
[19:21] | It’s school on Sundays! | 在周日上学 |
[19:24] | No kidding?! | 真的吗 |
[19:32] | Evan, you ready for me to drive you to church? | 埃文 你准备好让我载你去教堂了吗 |
[19:35] | I thought I’d come to Costco today. | 今天我想跟你去购物呢 |
[19:36] | They just got in the off-model Kenneth Cole kids’ blazers. | 他们刚刚上架凯尼斯·科尔牌的儿童运动衣 |
[19:40] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[19:42] | Oh, y-yeah. Of course it is. | 噢 当然可以啦 |
[19:45] | Great, and I can go to church next Sunday. | 太棒了 我可以下周日再去教堂 |
[19:49] | We’ll see. | 好的 |
[19:51] | Eddie, I’ll pick you up some porridge | 埃迪 我会给你带点粥 |
[19:52] | since you could only eat soft food. | 考虑到你只能吃软食 |
[19:53] | Does that mean I don’t have to finish this? | 是不是说我不用吃完这个了 |
[19:55] | Of course you don’t. | 当然不用了 |
[19:56] | And I don’t expect Emery to have to finish it by himself. | 我也不希望埃默里一个人吃完 |
[20:01] | I’ll boil it and make a stock. | 我把它熬成汤 |
[20:06] | Okay. | 好了 |
[20:08] | Let’s go get you that blazer. | 我们一起去挑运动衣吧 |
[20:10] | My right arm is slightly longer than my left. | 我的右臂比左臂有点儿长 |
[20:13] | It’s like God made my body for factory mistakes. | 好像上帝造我的过程中发生了点机械故障 |
[20:15] | Or maybe I’ve just always held your right hand | 也可能是我一直拉着你的右手 |
[20:18] | with just enough tension to stretch it. | 张力太大把它给拉长了 |
[20:21] | God’s got nothing on Mommy. | 上帝可赢不了妈妈 |
[20:30] | Okay. You’re up. | 好了 到你了 |
[20:33] | I weigh more than the rice. I’m growing! | 我比这袋大米重 我长大了 |
[20:37] | You think you’re ready for the keg of mayonnaise yet? | 你觉得你现在能扛起一桶蛋黄酱了吗 |
[20:39] | Someday, but not today. | 总有一天的 但不是今天 |
[20:42] | Okay, now let’s try it with this carpet steamer. | 好吧 现在来试试这个吸尘器 |
[20:45] | If I weigh less, we get Pop-Tarts. | 如果我更轻的话 我们就去馅饼 |
[20:47] | If I weigh more, we never speak of it again. | 如果我更重的话 这事就绝不再提 |