时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 字幕仅供学习,勿用于商 转载请注明出处,版权归片方所有 | |
[00:01] | Mail’s here. Let’s see. | 邮件到啦 来看看有什么 |
[00:04] | Mom, you got a new “Zoobook.” | 妈 新一期的《动物园那些事儿》 |
[00:05] | Ooh, it’s the penguin one. | 喔 这期是讲企鹅的 |
[00:11] | Looks like you boys got a package. | 你们有一个包裹 |
[00:14] | It’s from cousin Hennessy in Taiwan! | 是台湾的轩尼诗表哥寄来的 |
[00:17] | Whoa! It’s a Tamagotchi! | 哇 是塔麻可吉[一种电子宠物游戏机] |
[00:18] | A Tama-what? | 塔麻啥 |
[00:19] | Tamagotchi! It’s a virtual pet. | 塔麻可吉 它是个电子宠物 |
[00:21] | They’re the biggest toy in Japan. | 它们可是日本最流行的玩具 |
[00:23] | They aren’t even out in America yet. | 它们在美国还没得卖呢 |
[00:25] | Look. He wrote us a note. | 看 他给我们留了个字条 |
[00:27] | “Hope you can take better care of this than I could. | “希望你们能比我更好地照顾它 |
[00:29] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[00:30] | You’re going to need it.” | 运气真的很重要” |
[00:32] | That sounds like a warning. | 这听起来像是个警告 |
[00:33] | Or a cute alert. | 或者说是一个温馨提示 |
[00:34] | Look at it! Look how cute it is! | 快看啊 它好可爱呀 |
[00:37] | Last but not least, there’s one for you, Jessica. | 最后一个 杰西卡 你的 |
[00:40] | Uh-oh. | 啊噢 |
[00:44] | Notice for jury duty. | 陪审义务通知 |
[01:08] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[01:09] | I’ve never had to do jury duty before. | 我之前从没被要求做过陪审员 |
[01:11] | How did they find me? | 他们是怎么找到我的 |
[01:12] | Probably because you applied for citizenship | 可能因为你在绿卡过期之后 |
[01:14] | after your green card expired. | 递交了公民身份申请吧 |
[01:15] | You’re in the system now. | 你现在在系统里了 |
[01:20] | Well, I disagree. | 这我可不同意 |
[01:21] | Doing jury duty is something every American should do. | 履行陪审义务是每个美国人都该做的 |
[01:24] | We should give our Tamagotchi a name | 我们应该给我们的宠物取个名字 |
[01:26] | that honors the American justice system. | 来向美国的司法制度表示我们的敬意 |
[01:28] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你该不会和我想的一样吧 |
[01:29] | – Jerry Orbach! – Jerry Orbach! | -杰瑞·奥巴赫 -杰瑞·奥巴赫[美剧《法律与秩序》演员] |
[01:32] | Evan, can I borrow your Discman? | 埃文 我可以借你的随身听吗 |
[01:34] | I got spaghetti sauce in mine. | 我不小心把我的弄到了意面酱 |
[01:36] | My Discman is just for classical music | 我的随身听只能用来放古典音乐 |
[01:38] | and audio books, not… | 以及有声读物 |
[01:42] | …Too “Dollar Sign” Hort. | 而不是《太“美元符号”霍特》 |
[01:44] | It’s Too $hort, Evan. | 是《太短》 埃文 |
[01:47] | Too $hort. | 《太短》 |
[01:48] | By the way, happy anniversary, Eddie. | 对了 周年纪念日快乐啊 埃迪 |
[01:50] | I can’t believe you and Allison have been dating for a year. | 我不敢相信你和艾莉森在一起都一年了 |
[01:53] | – Thanks, man! – What kind of gift did you get her? | -谢了 兄弟 -你给她准备了什么礼物啊 |
[01:55] | We don’t get each other gifts. We’re beyond that. | 我们不互送礼物 我们的感情早就超过那个层次了 |
[01:58] | Happy anniversary, Eddie! | 周年纪念日快乐 埃迪 |
[02:02] | You got me a Flavor Flav necklace? | 你送给我弗雷福·弗雷[美国音乐家]的同款项链啊 |
[02:04] | I made it, and it’s not just a necklace. | 我亲手做的 它不仅仅是个项链 |
[02:06] | Open it. | 打开它 |
[02:08] | It’s a clocket. | 它还是个钟表纪念盒 |
[02:10] | I blew up that picture from our day at the carnival. | 我把咱们在狂欢节的合照弄到这上面来了 |
[02:12] | Thanks, Allison. | 谢谢你 艾莉森 |
[02:13] | That’s dope. | 这太酷了 |
[02:15] | Um, I got you something, too. | 呃 我也给你准备了一个东西 |
[02:20] | Is that a girl’s butt? | 那不会是一个妹子的屁股吧 |
[02:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:22] | In a martini glass, so you know it’s classy. | 在一个马提尼酒杯里 所以你应该知道这个非常棒 |
[02:24] | This is already open! | 这个已经打开过了 |
[02:26] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[02:28] | I thought we said | 我以为我们约定过 |
[02:29] | that we weren’t going to get each other gifts. | 不会给彼此送礼物的 |
[02:31] | – We never said that. – Didn’t we, though? | -我们从没有这样的约定 -没有吗 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:35] | Let me make it up to you. | 让我弥补你吧 |
[02:36] | How about we got to the mall this weekend? | 不然这周末我们一起去逛商场 |
[02:38] | We always go to the mall. | 我们经常去商场啊 |
[02:40] | I want to do something special. | 我想做一点特别的事情 |
[02:42] | Let’s go see “Romeo and Juliet.” | 我们去看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》吧 |
[02:44] | It’s a hip, modern remake of Shakespeare’s classic | 这是莎翁经典的现代潮流改编版本 |
[02:47] | set in the town of Verona Beach. | 以维罗纳海滩边的小镇为背景 |
[02:49] | And it has Leonardo DiCaprio. | 还有莱昂纳多·迪卡普里奥出演呢 |
[02:51] | Oh, Leo DiCaprio — he’s got star power. | 噢 小李子诶 这可是个大明星啊 |
[02:53] | – Get out of here, Dave. – Sure thing. | -快走开 戴夫 -好的 |
[02:55] | There’s showings at 7:00 and 9:30, | 七点和九点半各有一场 |
[02:58] | and we’re splitting a box of Goobers. | 我们还可以一起吃花生 |
[03:11] | Smells like sadness. | 弥漫着悲哀的氛围 |
[03:17] | Welcome to Orlando Superior Court. | 欢迎来到奥兰多高等法院 |
[03:20] | Some of you will have the good fortune of serving on our jury, | 你们中有人将有幸成为陪审团的一员 |
[03:22] | but first, I am legally required to play you this video. | 但是首先 我得为你们播放这个视频 |
[03:32] | Hello. I’m Gail O’Grady. | 大家好 我是盖尔·奥格雷迪 |
[03:34] | Most of you know me as Donna Abandando, | 你们很多人都因为当娜·阿班旦多 |
[03:36] | the brassy squad secretary on “NYPD Blue.” | 《纽约重案组》里的碧池秘书而认识我 |
[03:39] | But today, I play an even more important role — | 但今天 我扮演着一个更为重要的角色 |
[03:43] | welcoming you to jury duty. | 那就是欢迎你们来到陪审团 |
[03:46] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:48] | It’s for you. | 是你的电话 |
[03:50] | Justice is calling. | 正义正在召唤着你 |
[03:53] | You want a tip? | 告诉你一个方法 |
[03:54] | When the lawyers ask you questions, | 当法官问你问题的时候 |
[03:56] | just, uh, say that you watch a lot of crime shows | 你就说你看过很多犯罪电视节目 |
[03:58] | like “L.A. Law.” | 比如《洛城法网》 |
[03:59] | They’ll think you’re a real know-it-all | 他们会觉得你自以为什么都懂 |
[04:00] | who won’t convict anybody without DNA evidence, | 而且没有DNA证据是不会给任何人定罪的 |
[04:02] | and then the lawyers will just send you home. | 然后法官就会让你回家 |
[04:10] | According to this, | 根据这上面说的 |
[04:11] | the Tamagotchi will beep when it needs attention, | 塔麻可吉需要照顾的时候会哔哔响的 |
[04:13] | at which point, its owner should press a button to feed it, | 那时候 主人就要按一下按键来喂它 |
[04:16] | play with it, or clean up its poop. | 跟它玩 或者清理它的粑粑 |
[04:17] | It poops? | 它会拉粑粑吗 |
[04:19] | Little black dots with stink lines. | 一些小黑点以及发臭的线 |
[04:21] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[04:22] | If you don’t clean them up, | 如果你不清理的话 |
[04:24] | the Tamagotchi will get sick and die. | 塔麻可吉会生病甚至挂掉的 |
[04:27] | Raising Jerry’s gonna be a lot of work. | 看起来养育杰瑞得花不少功夫啊 |
[04:29] | We’ll do it together. | 我们一起来养 |
[04:30] | We’ll be the best moms since Mom. | 我们将成为麻麻之后最伟大的母亲 |
[04:33] | Some days you’re the dog. | 有的时候你是只狗 |
[04:35] | Some days you’re the hydrant. | 有的时候你是个消防栓 |
[04:36] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[04:37] | Allison’s making us see the new “Romeo and Juliet” Movie. | 艾莉森想让我陪她看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[04:41] | Doesn’t she know that “Space Jam” Just came out? | 难道她不知道《空中大灌篮》刚上映吗 |
[04:43] | Allison likes Shakespeare? | 艾莉森喜欢莎士比亚吗 |
[04:45] | But soft, what light through yonder breaks? | 但是轻轻地 那道光什么时候出现 |
[04:50] | It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. | 是东方 而朱丽叶是太阳 |
[04:54] | Dad, that’s the whitest you’ve ever sounded. | 老爸 这可是你听起来最像白人的时候了 |
[04:56] | It’s Shakespeare, Eddie. | 这可是莎士比亚啊 埃迪 |
[04:58] | It’s poetry. | 是诗歌艺术啊 |
[04:59] | You know what’s poetry? | 你知道什么是艺术吗 |
[05:00] | Michael Jordan teaming up with Bugs Bunny to save the universe. | 迈克尔·乔丹和兔八哥组队去拯救宇宙才是艺术 |
[05:03] | If Allison wants to see “Romeo and Juliet,” | 如果艾莉森想去看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[05:05] | you should suck it up and go. | 你就应该陪她一起去看 |
[05:06] | When you care about someone, you have to make sacrifices. | 如果你在乎某人 你就得做出一些牺牲 |
[05:09] | I guess. | 好吧 |
[05:10] | Tell you what, | 这样吧 |
[05:11] | I’ll give you and Allison a ride to the movie. | 我载你们一程 送你们去电影院 |
[05:13] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[05:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:15] | Think of me as your coachman, spiriting you and your beloved | 把我当做你们的马车夫 带着你和你的挚爱 |
[05:18] | through the ivory gates of Verona. | 穿过维罗纳海滩的象牙之门 |
[05:20] | I don’t understand a word of that, | 我一点儿都听不懂 |
[05:22] | but thanks for the ride. | 但还是谢谢你愿意载我们啦 |
[05:24] | Ma’am, you said that serving on this jury | 女士 你说若履行陪审义务的话 |
[05:26] | would cause undue hardship. | 会给你造成过度重负 |
[05:27] | Can you elaborate? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[05:29] | I can’t be away from home all day | 我不能一整天都不在家 |
[05:30] | because I have to feed my lizards, Thelma and Louise. | 因为我得喂我的蜥蜴宝宝们 塞尔玛和路易斯 |
[05:33] | Very well. You’re dismissed. | 好吧 你可以回家了 |
[05:38] | Jessica Hu-wang? | 杰西卡·胡王 |
[05:40] | Huang. | 是黄 |
[05:44] | Thank you for joining us today. | 感谢你今天加入我们 |
[05:45] | Is there any reason why you can’t be | 有什么原因 |
[05:47] | a fair and unbiased juror? | 使你不能成为一名公平公正的陪审员吗 |
[05:49] | Yes. | 有的 |
[05:50] | Because “L.A. Law.” | 因为《洛城法网》 |
[05:54] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[05:55] | It’s my favorite show. | 这是我最爱的电视节目 |
[05:57] | Is that so? | 是这样吗 |
[05:59] | Who’s your favorite character? | 那你最喜欢的角色是谁 |
[06:01] | Mine’s Victor Sifuentes. | 我最喜欢的是维克多·希福恩特斯 |
[06:04] | I’ve always fashioned myself a young Corbin Bernsen. | 我总是幻想自己是年轻的科尔宾·伯恩森 |
[06:07] | He’s so kind to his chubby assistant. | 他对他那胖乎乎的助理总是很和蔼 |
[06:09] | Excuse me, but I’m not going to let you two | 抱歉 但我不能让你们俩在这 |
[06:11] | prattle on about “L.A. Law”. | 闲扯《洛城法网》的东西 |
[06:15] | And not mention Benny. | 却不提到本尼 |
[06:17] | – Benny! – I love Benny. | -本尼 -我爱死本尼了 |
[06:20] | Mrs. Hoo-ang, you sound just like the type of person | 胡昂女士 你看起来就是我们 |
[06:22] | we’re looking for. | 想找的人 |
[06:23] | Welcome to jury duty. | 欢迎加入陪审团大家庭 |
[06:29] | Great advice, “L.A. Law.” | 《洛城法网》 真“棒”的建议啊 |
[06:31] | Thanks to you, I’m stuck doing jury duty. | 都怪你 我得做陪审员了 |
[06:32] | Hey, you never take a swing, you never hit a home run, right? | 嘿 你不试试的话 连成功的机会都没有好吗 |
[06:35] | You know, I used to hate jury duty, too. | 你们知道吗 我以前也很讨厌做陪审员 |
[06:37] | Then, I accidentally spit my chewing gum on the sidewalk | 然后有一次去新加坡游玩的时候 |
[06:40] | during a trip to Singapore. | 我不小心把口香糖吐在了人行道上 |
[06:41] | They caned my fanny until it was red as an apple. | 他们就把我的屁股打得像个红苹果一样 |
[06:45] | After that, I had a whole new appreciation | 在那之后 我对美国的法律体系 |
[06:47] | for the American legal system. | 就有了全新的感悟 |
[06:50] | Oh, uh, they left us an information sheet. | 呃 他们留下了一张信息表 |
[06:53] | According to this, | 上面说 |
[06:54] | we are supposed to elect a jury foreperson. | 我们得选出一位陪审长 |
[06:56] | Foreperson — what’s that? | 陪审长 那是什么 |
[06:57] | Oh, a foreperson takes attendance, | 陪审长要记录大家的出勤率 |
[06:59] | they preside over deliberations, | 主持审议 |
[07:00] | and they speak on behalf of the jury in the courtroom. | 并且在法庭上代表陪审团成员发言 |
[07:03] | It’s sort of like the boss of the jury. | 感觉就像是陪审团中的老大 |
[07:04] | Jury Boss. | 陪审团老大 |
[07:06] | I would like to volunteer. | 我毛遂自荐 |
[07:07] | I nominate Harvey. | 我推荐哈维 |
[07:08] | Well, I don’t know you from Adam, | 我并不认识你 |
[07:11] | but you seem like a nice fella | 但是你看起来像是个好人 |
[07:12] | and I like the shape of your head. | 而且我喜欢你的头型 |
[07:14] | All in favor? | 全都同意吗 |
[07:15] | Aye. | 同意 |
[07:16] | Aw, shucks, guys. Thanks, everyone. | 啊 谢谢了大伙们 |
[07:19] | Yay! Congratulations, man. | 祝贺你啊 朋友 |
[07:21] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[07:25] | Hi, boys. | 嗨 小朋友们 |
[07:26] | Oh, my God! Who’s this little munchkin? | 我的天啊 这个小家伙儿是谁啊 |
[07:29] | That’s Jerry. He’s our Tamagotchi. | 它是杰瑞 是我们的宠物 |
[07:31] | I read about these in my anime magazine. | 我在我的动漫杂志上有看到过这个 |
[07:33] | I see Jerry has already reached his Marutchi phase, | 我看到杰瑞已经从婴儿进化成 |
[07:36] | having evolved from a Babytchi. | 小孩儿啦 |
[07:37] | They grow up so fast, don’t they? | 他们长得真快啊 是吧 |
[07:39] | Aww. I know. | 我知道 |
[07:40] | He made a boom-boom! | 它发出声音啦 |
[07:42] | Aww! Aww! Aww! Aww! | 哇 好可爱啊 |
[07:43] | It’s really gonna be beautiful… | 真的会变得很漂亮的 |
[07:45] | You should see the people on this jury, Louis. | 你真应该看看陪审团里的人 路易斯 |
[07:47] | They’re the only thing | 他们是唯一能阻止 |
[07:48] | keeping a criminal from walking the streets, | 犯罪分子横行霸道的人 |
[07:50] | and they spend 25 minutes trying to figure out | 而他们却用了二十五分钟才弄明白 |
[07:53] | how to open up a window. | 怎么打开窗户 |
[07:54] | I can’t believe I wasn’t picked for Jury Boss. | 我真不敢相信我没被选为陪审团老大 |
[07:58] | I thought you didn’t want to do jury duty. | 我还以为你不想做陪审工作呢 |
[08:00] | Now you want more responsibility? | 你现在又想承担更多责任了 |
[08:02] | If I’m going to be stuck on a jury, | 如果我不得不做陪审工作的话 |
[08:04] | I want to be in charge, not Harvey. | 那我想当掌控一切的人 而不是哈维 |
[08:08] | He looks like a giant baby with a beard. | 他看起来就像是个长满胡子的巨婴 |
[08:10] | Hark! | 听啊 |
[08:12] | Is this a fly gentleman I see before me? | 我眼前的这位是飞人吗 |
[08:15] | I can’t believe I have to sit through a whole movie of that. | 我不敢相信我得看完一整场电影 |
[08:17] | Well, knock it all you want, Eddie, | 随便你怎么说吧 埃迪 |
[08:18] | but the ladies love Shakespeare. | 但女士们都超喜欢莎士比亚 |
[08:20] | Just ask your mother. | 不信就问你老妈 |
[08:23] | Your chariot awaits, my liege. | 您的马车等着您呢 陛下 |
[08:25] | – Huh? – Let’s go. | -什么 -出发吧 |
[08:33] | Honk the horn. | 按喇叭吧 |
[08:34] | – Are you a goose? – What? | -你是鹅吗 -什么 |
[08:36] | Geese honk. | 鹅才会发出喇叭声 |
[08:37] | Gentlemen go to the door. | 绅士都是去敲门的 |
[08:47] | Nice house. | 房子不错啊 |
[08:50] | – Hi, Eddie. Hi, Mr. Huang. – Hi, Allison. | -嗨 埃迪 嗨 黄先生 -嗨 艾莉森 |
[08:53] | Hi there, Eddie. | 嗨 埃迪 |
[08:54] | You must be Eddie’s dad. Hi. Gary Olsen. | 你就是埃迪的爸爸吧 嗨 我是盖瑞·奥尔森 |
[08:56] | Hi. I’m Louis. | 嗨 我是路易斯 |
[08:57] | I just wanted to introduce myself | 我只是想来介绍下自己 |
[08:59] | and let you know your daughter will be in good hands. | 也想让你放心 我们会好好照顾你女儿的 |
[09:00] | We’re going to see the new “Romeo and Juliet” Movie. | 我们要去看新的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》电影 |
[09:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:04] | I hear that’s a hip, modern remake | 我听说那是个现代版重制电影 |
[09:06] | set in the town of Verona Beach? | 取景于维罗纳海滩对吗 |
[09:07] | Are you a Shakespeare fan, Gary? | 你是莎士比亚的粉丝吗 盖瑞 |
[09:09] | Been a Bardhead since college. | 我从大学起就是了 |
[09:11] | Me, too, Brute! | 我也是啊 |
[09:15] | Hey, since I’m driving the kids to the movie, | 嘿 既然我要载孩子们去电影院 |
[09:17] | why don’t you come along? We’ll all see it together. | 要不你也一起来吧 我们大家一起看 |
[09:18] | Uh, Dad… | 阿 老爸 |
[09:20] | Really? No. I’d hate to impose. | 真的吗 我不想打扰他们 |
[09:22] | What fates impose, that men must needs abide — | 命运的安排 人们必须遵循 |
[09:26] | It boots not to resist both wind and tide. | 你无法抵抗自然的力量 |
[09:29] | I’ll get my coat. | 我去拿外套 |
[09:45] | I’ve read the same sentence like 20 times. | 我已经把同一个句子读了二十遍了 |
[09:48] | Am I ever gonna find out where the red fern grows? | 我还能不能找到红色蕨类植物长在哪里啦 |
[09:50] | Let’s take turns. | 我们轮流吧 |
[09:52] | We’ll watch Jerry in 30-minute shifts | 我们轮流照看杰瑞三十分钟 |
[09:53] | so the other person can concentrate | 这样另一个人就可以专心 |
[09:55] | on finishing their homework. | 完成作业了 |
[09:56] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[09:59] | What do you think, Jerry? | 你觉得呢 杰瑞 |
[10:00] | Is that a good idea? | 这主意好吗 |
[10:01] | I’ll take that poop as a yes. | 它拉屎我就当同意了 |
[10:04] | Tybalt hath sent a letter to his father’s house. | 提伯尔特送了一封信到他父亲那里 |
[10:07] | A challenge on my life. | 我生命中的一个挑战 |
[10:09] | Mercutio, thou oughtn’t go in there! | 茂丘西奥 你不应该进去 |
[10:11] | It’s a trap, me thinks! | 我觉得这是个陷阱 |
[10:15] | Can I have some Goobers? | 我能吃点儿花生豆吗 |
[10:17] | Our dads… Our dads took them. | 我们老爸 我们老爸拿着呢 |
[10:21] | Hey, Gary, Goober me. | 嘿 盖瑞 给我倒点儿花生 |
[10:22] | Oh, yeah. | 好的 |
[10:23] | Oh, wait. Let me mix it in. | 等下 让我混合一下 |
[10:25] | Mix it up. | 混合一下 |
[10:29] | Call to order. | 开庭 |
[10:30] | Case number 25772, State of Florida versus Samuel Seaver, | 案件编号25772 佛罗里达州起诉塞缪尔·西维尔 |
[10:34] | charged with eight counts of arson in the second degree. | 被告被指控犯了八项二级纵火罪 |
[10:37] | But first, I have an important matter to discuss. | 但是首先 我们有一个很重要的事情要讨论 |
[10:40] | It’s come to my attention that a note was distributed | 我注意到有个小纸条被分发 |
[10:44] | amongst the jury, along with a gift. | 给了所有陪审团成员 还附有一份小礼物 |
[10:47] | Bailiff Dan. | 法警 |
[10:52] | “We need a new Jury Boss. | “我们需要一个新的陪审团老大 |
[10:53] | Harvey is weak. Here’s a gift.” | 哈维不行 这是我的一点心意” |
[10:57] | Normally, I would send all of you home and seat new jury, | 通常来说 我会让你们都回去 然后寻找新的陪审员 |
[11:00] | but I’m planning to run for office | 但是我想要竞选 |
[11:02] | and I don’t want to cost the taxpayers any more money. | 而且我不想再浪费纳税人的钱了 |
[11:04] | Any attempt to bribe your fellow juror | 任何想要贿赂陪审员的企图 |
[11:07] | will result in all of you being held in contempt! | 会导致你们所有人都被判藐视法庭 |
[11:11] | Bailiff, please collect the bribes. | 法警 请收集贿赂证据 |
[11:21] | Harvey ate my orange. | 哈维吃了我的橘子 |
[11:24] | No. | 没有 |
[11:29] | So, did you like the movie? | 你喜欢这部电影吗 |
[11:31] | The gangsters were a’ight, but most of the time, | 歹徒那段还好 但是大部分时间 |
[11:33] | I had no idea what was happening. | 我都不知道演的是什么 |
[11:35] | Well, I liked it. | 好吧 我挺喜欢的 |
[11:36] | In fact, it might be my favorite movie of all time. | 实际上 这可能是有史以来我最喜欢的电影了 |
[11:41] | E-Eddie, do you ever get bored? | 埃迪 你觉得无聊吗 |
[11:43] | I’m bored now, thanks to this homework. | 我现在就挺无聊的 都因为这个作业 |
[11:45] | No. I mean bored with us. | 不 我的意思觉得我们之间太无聊 |
[11:47] | Us? What are you talking about? | 我们之间 你在说什么 |
[11:50] | My dad’s not supposed to pick me up for another hour. | 我爸不是应该一个小时后才来接我吗 |
[11:54] | Louis. | 路易斯 |
[11:55] | Thought I’d come by a little early. | 我想着要早点来 |
[11:57] | You mentioned you knew your way around the old six-string. | 你说你精通六弦吉他 |
[12:00] | Any chance you’d be up for a jam sesh? | 要来一场即兴表演吗 |
[12:04] | # If you # | #如果你# |
[12:05] | # Like to tell me maybe # | #想要和我说可能# |
[12:07] | # Just go ahead now # | #那就现在来吧# |
[12:08] | # If you # | #如果你# |
[12:09] | # Want to buy me flowers # | #想要给我买束花# |
[12:11] | # Just go ahead now # | #那就来吧 就现在# |
[12:13] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[12:27] | Evan, feed Jerry. | 埃文 去喂杰瑞 |
[12:29] | I just did. It’s your turn. | 我才喂过 该你了 |
[12:37] | Ugh! | 啊 |
[12:38] | At least someone will be rested tomorrow. | 至少明天某个人能休息一下了 |
[12:44] | Evan, that’s my calculator. | 埃文 那是我的计算器 |
[12:51] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | -你好 -嘿 是我 |
[12:53] | Hey, I’m glad you called. | 嘿 很高兴你给我打电话了 |
[12:54] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[12:55] | Oh. | 噢 |
[12:56] | Eddie, you know I think you’re great, | 埃迪 我觉得你人很好 |
[12:58] | and going out with you this past year | 过去和你约会的这一年 |
[13:00] | has been really, really cool, | 真的非常 非常棒 |
[13:02] | but lately, things have felt… | 但是最近 事情有些 |
[13:05] | different. | 不一样了 |
[13:06] | It’s like somewhere along the line, | 好像在某个环节出了错 |
[13:07] | we stopped having fun. | 我们在一起并不开心了 |
[13:09] | That’s not how it should be. | 不应该是这样的 |
[13:11] | I mean, look at our dads. | 我是说 看看我们的老爸们 |
[13:12] | Our dads? | 我们的老爸 |
[13:13] | Do you see how much fun they have? | 你看到他们在一起多开心了吗 |
[13:15] | It reminded me of how it used to be with us, | 这让我回忆起过去我们在一起的时候 |
[13:18] | back when things were new and exciting. | 那时候一切如初 令人心潮澎湃 |
[13:20] | Face it, Eddie, we’ve fallen into a rut. | 面对现实吧 埃迪 我们的感情落入低沟了 |
[13:23] | Is it a rut? Or a groove? | 是沟 还是谷 |
[13:25] | I think we need to take a break. | 我觉得我们需要彼此冷静一下 |
[13:27] | A break? Allison, I… | 冷静 艾莉森 我 |
[13:29] | Hey, guys, uh, sorry to interrupt, | 嘿 抱歉打断你们了 |
[13:30] | but are you almost done? | 你们快说完了吗 |
[13:32] | I was hoping Allison could put Gary on. | 我想让艾莉森叫盖瑞接电话 |
[13:34] | Sorry, Eddie. | 对不起 埃迪 |
[13:36] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[13:37] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:38] | Hey, man, I picked up the guitar tab for “Sultans of Swing.” | 嘿老兄 我学会了《摇摆之王》的吉他谱 |
[13:41] | Yes, you did! | 哇 真的啊 |
[13:53] | Well, those are some interesting closing arguments, | 好了 这就是结案陈词了 |
[13:56] | but given the witnesses who saw the defendant light the fire | 基于目击证人看到了被告点火 |
[13:59] | and the footage of him dancing around the flames afterwards, | 还有之后他在火边起舞的场景 |
[14:01] | I’d say this is a pretty open-and-shut case. | 我得说这案子非常一目了然 |
[14:04] | So, unless there are any questions, | 所以 如果没什么问题的话 |
[14:05] | I reckon we can just go ahead and vote. | 我认为我们可以直接投票了 |
[14:06] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[14:09] | Why wasn’t I made Jury Boss? | 为什么不是我当陪审团老大 |
[14:15] | Uh, great news. | 好消息 |
[14:16] | The community theatre’s | 社区剧场这周末 |
[14:17] | doing Shakespeare in the Park this weekend. | 要在公园上映莎士比亚的戏剧 |
[14:19] | Hope you and Allison don’t have any plans. | 希望你和艾莉森没其他安排 |
[14:21] | – We’ll bring Gary. – Yeah. That’s not gonna happen. | -我们会带上盖瑞 -没戏了 |
[14:24] | Me and Allison are taking a break. | 我和艾莉森暂时分手了 |
[14:26] | What? Since when? I thought you guys were solid. | 什么 什么时候的事 我以为你们俩感情很深厚呢 |
[14:29] | It’s like she got sick of me. | 好像是她厌倦我了 |
[14:31] | She said we were in a rut. | 她说我们落入低沟了 |
[14:32] | A rut? Or a groove? | 沟 还是谷 |
[14:35] | That’s what I said, but she wasn’t hearing it. | 我也是这么说的 但是她没有听到 |
[14:37] | She said that you and Gary had more fun. | 她说你和盖瑞在一起更愉快 |
[14:40] | Maybe she has a point. | 也许她说得有道理 |
[14:41] | If our dads get along better than we do, | 如果我们的老爸在一起比我们还和谐 |
[14:43] | what does that say about us? | 那我们在一起还有什么意思呢 |
[14:48] | Because at the end of the day, | 因为在今天结束之时 |
[14:50] | this is about getting to the truth! | 真相即将被揭晓 |
[14:53] | Harvey claims that he visited Singapore, | 哈维声称他去过新加坡旅游 |
[14:57] | yet today, he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, | 但今天 他吃了花生酱和果酱三明治 |
[14:59] | even though there’s a perfectly good noodle shop next door. | 尽管隔壁就有家很棒的面馆 |
[15:03] | My wife packed me a sandwich. | 我妻子给我装了三明治 |
[15:05] | Alleged wife. | 你的一面之词而已 |
[15:08] | This isn’t personal. | 这不是个人恩怨 |
[15:11] | I like Harvey. | 我喜欢哈维 |
[15:13] | But is he really Jury Boss material? | 但是他真的是当陪审团老大的料吗 |
[15:19] | So tense. | 绷得这么紧 |
[15:21] | Too tense? | 这么紧张啊 |
[15:22] | I mean, you decide. | 我是说 你们来决定吧 |
[15:24] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 天啊 |
[15:26] | It’s been hours! | 已经过去一个小时了 |
[15:28] | Don’t you see what’s happening? | 你们都没发觉是怎么回事吗 |
[15:30] | She’s holding us hostage! | 她把我们当做人质 |
[15:34] | Aah! | 啊 |
[15:35] | Why won’t these windows open?! | 这些窗户为什么开不了 |
[15:38] | O-Okay, okay. | 好吧好吧 |
[15:40] | Uh, Jessica, may I have a word? Please? | 杰西卡 我能和你说句话吗 |
[15:43] | If we let you be jury foreperson, | 如果我们让你当陪审团老大 |
[15:45] | will you just cast your vote so we can go home? | 你能不能赶紧投票 这样我们就能回家了 |
[15:48] | It would be my first act as Jury Boss. | 那会是我成为陪审团老大后做的第一件事 |
[15:52] | Okay, so, when the judge asks, | 好的 当法官要求的时候 |
[15:54] | you just read the verdict, and then we can all go. | 你直接读判决就行了 然后我们就可以走了 |
[15:57] | Thank you, Jury Minion. | 谢谢你 陪审团小弟 |
[16:00] | All rise! | 全体起立 |
[16:03] | You may be seated. | 请坐下 |
[16:06] | I understand the jury has reached a verdict? | 陪审团已经给出判决了对吗 |
[16:08] | Why isn’t Harvey sitting in the… | 为什么哈维没坐在 |
[16:10] | Harvey had a scratchy throat, | 哈维嗓子哑了 |
[16:11] | so I’m filling in as Madame Foreperson. | 所以我来替补成为女首席 |
[16:15] | Very well. | 很好 |
[16:16] | Would our new foreperson please read the verdict to the court? | 那我们新的首席可以在法庭中宣读判决了吗 |
[16:19] | Yes, Your Honor. | 没问题 法官大人 |
[16:24] | We, the jury, find the defendant… | 我们陪审团 认为被告 |
[16:29] | guilty. | 有罪 |
[16:31] | Stop burning things, you weirdo. | 别再纵火了 你个怪胎 |
[16:33] | I hated you the moment I saw you. | 我一看到你就讨厌你 |
[16:36] | That’s a mistrial. | 无效审判 |
[16:38] | What? | 什么 |
[16:39] | He’s obviously guilty! | 他明显有罪啊 |
[16:41] | Look at him! Look at his face! | 看看他 看看他的脸 |
[16:44] | Innocent people don’t have hair like that! | 无辜的人才不会留那样的头发 |
[16:50] | Louis! | 路易斯 |
[16:51] | I was just about to call you. | 我刚想给你打电话 |
[16:53] | Any interest in going to Medieval Times | 想不想去中世纪餐厅 |
[16:56] | and ordering drumsticks in iambic pentameter? | 然后点一些诗韵鸡腿 |
[16:59] | That sounds so great to me. | 听起来很棒 |
[17:01] | But I can’t. | 但是不行 |
[17:03] | Not today. | 今天不行 |
[17:04] | Not ever. | 以后也不行 |
[17:06] | It’s because of Eddie and Allison, isn’t it? | 是因为埃迪和艾莉森吗 是吗 |
[17:08] | Darn it! I knew something was up. | 真讨厌 我就知道有事情发生了 |
[17:10] | I haven’t seen Allison this upset | 自从那些角马踩死了木法沙[《狮子王》中的剧情]后 |
[17:12] | since those wildebeests trampled Mufasa. | 我还没见过艾莉森这么伤心 |
[17:15] | It’s because of us, Gary. | 是因为我们 盖瑞 |
[17:16] | For whatever reason, our connection | 不知道怎么回事 我们之间的关系 |
[17:18] | has caused Eddie and Allison to doubt theirs. | 导致埃迪和艾莉森开始怀疑他们之间的感情 |
[17:21] | We’re tearing our houses apart, | 我们正在破坏我们的家庭 |
[17:23] | just like the Montagues and Capulets. | 就像蒙太古和凯普莱特家族对立一样 |
[17:26] | Are you saying… | 你是说 |
[17:27] | I’m afraid we can’t be friends anymore. | 恐怕我们不能再做朋友了 |
[17:28] | That really is too bad. | 那真是太糟糕了 |
[17:31] | I liked having such a cool friend. | 我很喜欢你这么棒的朋友 |
[17:34] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:36] | But when you care about someone, | 但是当你在乎一个人的时候 |
[17:38] | you have to make sacrifices. | 你就要做出牺牲 |
[17:43] | Shakespeare invented this, you know? | 莎士比亚发明的这个手势 你知道吗 |
[17:45] | He called it “The hand hug.” | 他管这个叫“手之间的拥抱” |
[17:47] | Because men couldn’t hug back then. | 因为男人们不能拥抱对方 |
[17:49] | Right. | 是的 |
[17:50] | Because men couldn’t hug. | 因为男人们不能拥抱对方 |
[17:55] | I can’t believe I slept through Roman numerals. | 我不敢相信我一整晚都梦到罗马数字 |
[17:57] | Now I’m never gonna know what Super Bowl it is. | 现在我再也不会知道超级碗是什么了 |
[18:00] | You’re tired? | 你累了吗 |
[18:01] | In Karate Club, | 在空手道社 |
[18:03] | I accidentally kicked a kid in the face. | 我意外地打到了一个小孩的脸 |
[18:04] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[18:05] | I can’t remember the last time I had a chance to exercise. | 我都不记得上次我运动的时候了 |
[18:08] | You have it easy. | 放轻松 |
[18:09] | All you do is, | 你要做的只是 |
[18:10] | you just ply Jerry with food to keep him quiet. | 给杰瑞提供食物让它保持安静 |
[18:12] | I feed him because he’s hungry. | 我喂他是因为他饿了 |
[18:14] | All you do is play with him! | 你会做的只是和它玩而已 |
[18:16] | I have to play with him. | 我必须和它玩 |
[18:17] | Otherwise, he’d be a fat blob. | 不然它就会变成一个肥胖的电子宠物 |
[18:19] | – Don’t you dare call Jerry fat! – I didn’t. | -你竟敢说杰瑞胖 -我没有 |
[18:21] | You’re putting words in my mouth, | 你这是陷害我 |
[18:22] | just like you put empty calories in Jerry’s. | 就像你要陷害杰瑞饿死它一样 |
[18:24] | – You take that back! – I will not! | -你最好收回这句话 -我拒绝 |
[18:29] | Jerry? | 杰瑞 |
[18:34] | Having a snack? | 在吃零食吗 |
[18:36] | Why not? | 为什么不吃 |
[18:37] | Now that I’m single, I don’t have to watch my figure. | 现在我单身了 我不需要保持体重了 |
[18:38] | You were watching your figure? | 你以前有保持过体重吗 |
[18:40] | You know, your situation with Allison | 你和艾莉森的情况 |
[18:42] | reminds me of an old love story. | 让我想起了一个古老的爱情故事 |
[18:44] | Dad, please, I do not want to hear any more Shakespeare. | 老爸 拜托了 我不想再听莎士比亚了 |
[18:46] | I’m not talking about Shakespeare. | 不是莎士比亚 |
[18:47] | I’m talking about when I was dating your mom. | 我要说的是和你妈妈约会的事 |
[18:49] | I really wanted to impress her, | 我真的很想给她留下好印象 |
[18:51] | so I used to serenade her with my guitar. | 所以我给她弹吉他 唱情歌 |
[18:54] | But after a while, I could tell she was getting sick of it. | 但是没多久 我就觉得她厌倦了 |
[18:57] | I know, crazy, right? | 我知道 很疯狂 对吧 |
[18:59] | So, I switched it up, | 所以我换了种方式 |
[19:01] | and I started reading her Shakespeare instead. | 开始给她读莎士比亚的诗 |
[19:03] | I kept it fresh, | 我保持了新鲜感 |
[19:04] | and that’s what you need to do with Allison. | 那就是你需要跟艾莉森做的事 |
[19:06] | You have to show her things can still be unexpected | 你要给她一些出乎意料的 |
[19:09] | and spontaneous, just like it was at the beginning. | 心血来潮的惊喜 就像你们刚开始一样 |
[19:18] | Eddie? | 埃迪 |
[19:19] | Allison, there’s something I have to tell you. | 艾莉森 我有话想跟你说 |
[19:20] | I’m sorry I’ve been so boring lately. | 我很抱歉 我最近一直这么无趣 |
[19:22] | It’s just you’re so chill, | 只是你太淡定了 |
[19:23] | and I feel like I can be myself around you. | 然后我觉得我可以在你身边做我自己 |
[19:26] | And to be honest, myself is a little lazy. | 实话说 我是有些懒 |
[19:29] | So, I’m going to make more of an effort | 所以我要更努力 |
[19:31] | to show that I appreciate you, because I do! | 让你知道我喜欢你 因为我真的喜欢你 |
[19:33] | Get your coat, girl. | 穿上外套 我的宝贝 |
[19:34] | We’re gonna go see “Romeo and Juliet.” | 我们去看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[19:36] | But we already saw it. | 但是我们才看过啊 |
[19:37] | I know! I’m being spontaneous! | 我知道 我突然心血来潮很想看 |
[19:39] | You’re surprised, right? | 你很惊讶 对吧 |
[19:40] | You didn’t see that coming. | 你没料到会发生这种事 |
[20:11] | 杰瑞 安息 | |
[20:16] | No parent should outlive their Tamagotchi. | 父母不应该活得比他们的电子宠物还久 |
[20:19] | It was only a few extra words. | 只是多说了几句话而已 |
[20:21] | I don’t understand why they have to redo the whole trial. | 我就不明白为什么他们非要重新开审 |
[20:24] | To be honest, | 说实话 |
[20:25] | I’m surprised you did jury duty in the first place. | 我一开始就很惊讶你竟然会去做陪审员 |
[20:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:29] | You’re not a citizen yet, Jessica. | 你还不是美国公民呢 杰西卡 |
[20:31] | They must’ve sent you the summons by accident. | 他们肯定是不小心给你发错传票了 |
[20:33] | All you had to do was say you’re here on a green card, | 你只要说你只是有绿卡而已 |
[20:35] | and you could’ve gotten out of it. | 然后你就可以走了 |
[20:37] | Ugh. | 啊 |
[20:39] | Mom’s really broken up about Jerry. | 妈妈因为杰瑞的死真的很伤心 |
[20:42] | I didn’t even know she knew him. | 我甚至都不知道她会知道杰瑞的存在 |
[20:47] | Did you hear something? | 你听到什么声音了吗 |
[20:53] | No. | 没有 |