时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | – We’ve been here all day. – I’ve answered all of your questions. | -我们都在这呆了快一天了 -你所有的问题我都回答了 |
[00:10] | Can I please just have my citizenship? | 我能获得美国公民身份了吗 |
[00:12] | I’m sorry it’s taking so much time, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 耽误了您这么长时间 |
[00:14] | Everything seems to be in order. | 看起来没什么问题了 |
[00:19] | Hold that stamp! | 先别盖章 |
[00:26] | Mrs. Huang, I need to ask you a few more questions | 黄太太 我还得再问你几个有关于 |
[00:29] | regarding your criminal record. | 你的犯罪记录的问题 |
[00:35] | – Right now? – Mm-hmm. | -现在吗 -恩 |
[00:36] | Can it wait? | 能不能等会儿 |
[00:38] | Well, what did Sandy order for lunch? | 桑迪中午点啥了 |
[00:43] | All right, I’ll just have what Sandy’s having. | 好吧 桑迪吃啥我吃啥 |
[00:44] | No, you know what? | 还是别了 |
[00:46] | I’ll take a rack of ribs. | 我来一个烤肋排吧 |
[01:08] | – Which one? – The blue one. | -选哪个 -蓝的 |
[01:10] | – They’re both blue. – I made my choice. | -这俩全是蓝的 -我已经选过了 |
[01:13] | I just want to look perfect for your citizenship interview. | 我只是想在你的公民资格面试上看起来完美 |
[01:16] | This is a big moment for you. | 这对你来说可是很重要的时刻 |
[01:17] | You’re like an immigrant caterpillar, | 你就像是一个移民毛毛虫 |
[01:19] | and now you’ll be an American butterfly. | 现在终于要破茧成为美国蝴蝶了 |
[01:21] | Why must every single moment of our lives be so sentimental? | 为什么咱们生活里的每个时刻都得这么矫情 |
[01:24] | Getting my citizenship, moving to Orlando, Eddie’s first word. | 获得公民身份 搬到奥兰多 埃迪第一次说话 |
[01:28] | Which was “Thug life,” By the way. | 顺便提一下 我当时说的是“暴徒生活” |
[01:30] | I’m gonna need you to confirm that if anyone from school asks. | 如果学校里有任何人问起 你就得这么回答 |
[01:33] | I still don’t understand | 我还是不明白 |
[01:34] | how Mom is not a citizen if I’m a citizen. | 为什么我是公民身份 而我妈不是 |
[01:36] | Because you boys were born here. | 因为你们是在这个国家出生的 |
[01:37] | And I’m a citizen because | 我有公民身份是因为 |
[01:39] | I applied for the green card lottery and then I naturalized. | 我申请了绿卡抽奖 然后我就入籍了 |
[01:41] | And after that, I sponsored Grandma, | 那之后我给你们奶奶做了担保 |
[01:43] | who also then naturalized to become a citizen. | 然后你们奶奶就也入籍有公民身份了 |
[01:45] | And now she gets to stay here forever. | 现在她就能永远呆在这了 |
[01:51] | But your mom is a permanent resident with a green card. | 但是你们的妈妈是一个持有绿卡的永久居民 |
[01:54] | Remember when we got your green card? | 你还记得咱们拿到你的绿卡的时候 |
[01:55] | How they took us into separate gray rooms | 他们是怎么把咱俩分开带到灰色的房间里 |
[01:58] | and grilled us about how we met. | 然后拷问我们咱俩是怎么认识的吗 |
[01:59] | Tell us the story of how you guys met again. | 再讲一遍你们是怎么认识的 |
[02:01] | It’s my favorite love story, after “My Girl,” Of course. | 这是我最喜欢的爱情故事 当然啦仅次于《我的女孩》 |
[02:04] | Emery, please, don’t get him started. | 埃默里 拜托 别打开他的话匣子 |
[02:05] | It was a crisp autumn day. | 那是一个爽朗的秋天 |
[02:08] | We went to the same college but didn’t even know it | 我们上的是同一所大学 但彼此并不认识 |
[02:10] | until the rotten octopus of fate | 直到那个命中注定的腐烂章鱼 |
[02:12] | reached out its food-poisoned tentacles | 伸出了有毒的触须 |
[02:14] | and pulled us together. | 将我们两个拉在了一起 |
[02:15] | It was love at first sight. | 那时是一见钟情 |
[02:17] | For you, maybe. | 你可能是吧 |
[02:18] | I was busy being sick from the waist down. | 我当时就是忙着肚子疼 |
[02:20] | After an explosive start and a lengthy courtship, | 在一个激情的开始和漫长的求爱期之后 |
[02:23] | she finally accepted my proposal. | 她终于接受我的求婚了 |
[02:26] | I know you’ve said no five times already, | 我知道你已经拒绝了我五次 |
[02:28] | but I’m gonna keep asking. | 但我还是要继续求婚 |
[02:29] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[02:32] | Yes. I will marry you. | 嗯 我愿意嫁给你 |
[02:34] | It was magical. | 真是太神奇了 |
[02:37] | Even your mom was a little teary. | 就连你们妈妈都有点眼泪汪汪的了 |
[02:39] | The ring was pinching my finger. | 戒指紧箍着我的手指 |
[02:41] | We took the world by storm. | 我们像暴风一样席卷世界 |
[02:42] | We bought a mini van. | 我们买了辆面包车 |
[02:43] | Because I wanted so many kids. | 因为我想要很多孩子 |
[02:45] | I told him shop closed after two. | 我和他说就两个 不能再多了 |
[02:46] | So what made you decide to have me? | 那是什么让你决定生下我的 |
[02:49] | – White wine. – And now here we are. | -白葡萄酒 -所以就是现在这样啦 |
[02:51] | Why do you have to romanticize everything? | 你为啥什么事都要浪漫化 |
[02:54] | You proposed several times, I said no, | 你求了几次婚 我说不 |
[02:56] | you wore me down, I said yes. | 你把我弄烦了 我就答应了 |
[02:57] | True love is worth fighting for. | 真爱值得争取 |
[02:59] | See? You’re doing it again. | 看 你又来了 |
[03:00] | Deja vu. | 这就叫似曾相识 |
[03:01] | Just don’t tell these stories in the interview. | 只要面试的时候别讲这些就行了 |
[03:03] | I want it to go quick. | 我想速战速决 |
[03:04] | The immigration office is on the bad side of town, | 移民办公室可是在穷人区 |
[03:07] | so I want to hit the 99-cent store | 我还想去逛逛九十九美分商店 |
[03:09] | and then fill up the Accord with the cheap, cheap gas. | 然后给雅阁车加上便宜的汽油 |
[03:14] | Why aren’t you dressed for school? | 你们怎么还不换衣服去上学 |
[03:16] | Oh, we’re not going to school today. | 哦 我们今天不去学校 |
[03:18] | Why do you test me like this? | 你们为什么要这么对我 |
[03:20] | Three words. Teacher training day. | 五个字 教师培训日 |
[03:23] | Another one? | 又来 |
[03:24] | How many days off a year do these fat-cat teachers get? | 你们那些有钱有势的老师一年得放多少假 |
[03:27] | Well, it’s important that they train. | 培训对于老师来说是很重要的 |
[03:29] | Oh, let’s see. | 是吗 我们想一想 |
[03:31] | When’s another time they could possibly train? | 他们有没有其他时间可以用来培训的 |
[03:33] | Oh, maybe during the entire summer that they get off. | 诶 整个暑假的时间都可以啊 |
[03:38] | Okay, okay, we’re gonna be late for your appointment. | 好吧 好吧 咱们快迟到了 |
[03:40] | Let’s go. Ma, we’re gonna be gone all day. | 走吧 妈 我们得出去一整天 |
[03:41] | Can you keep an eye on the boys? | 您能不能看着点儿孩子们 |
[03:48] | Just pretend like you don’t understand Mandarin | 就假装你听不懂普通话 |
[03:50] | and back away. | 然后撤退 |
[04:03] | What is this? | 你们在干嘛 |
[04:05] | We’re getting a jump on | 我们在提前写 |
[04:05] | what we think next week’s homework will be. | 我们预测的下周的作业 |
[04:07] | We’re just guessing. | 我们就是猜猜而已 |
[04:08] | You guys need to learn how to dream. | 你俩得学学如何做梦 |
[04:10] | How often do we get a day off of school | 多久我们才能有一天假 |
[04:12] | and Mom and Dad are out of the house? | 同时爸爸妈妈还不在家 |
[04:14] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[04:15] | Eddie’s right. | 埃迪说得对 |
[04:16] | How about after math, | 不然做完数学之后 |
[04:17] | we reward ourselves with a little cheese string par-tay? | 我们奖励一下自己 来一个奶酪串派对 |
[04:20] | I can’t eat cheese, | 我不能吃奶酪 |
[04:21] | but I’ll pretend to smoke it like a cigar. | 但是我能用来假装在抽雪茄 |
[04:23] | First of all, I finished all the string cheese. | 第一 所有的奶酪串全让我干掉了 |
[04:26] | Second, you need to think bigger. | 第二 你们得想点儿更好玩的 |
[04:28] | This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. | 这可是有生之年就一次的机会啊 |
[04:30] | We’re gonna take Mom and Dad’s mini van for a ride. | 我们开爸妈的面包车兜风去吧 |
[04:32] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[04:34] | You know Grandma’s home. | 你知道奶奶在家的吧 |
[04:35] | She’s neck deep in perfume. | 她都快被香水埋起来了 |
[04:36] | She’ll be in her room all day. | 她会在房间里呆一天的 |
[04:38] | But none of us even know how to drive. | 但是咱们都没人会开车啊 |
[04:40] | Evan, you know I’m an amazing driver. | 埃文 你知道我开车多厉害的 |
[04:42] | You’ve seen me play Mario Kart. | 你可是见过我玩马里奥赛车的 |
[04:44] | Scoreboard don’t lie, son. | 记分板可不会撒谎 |
[04:45] | He does always banana my red shells. | 他的确总是撞翻我的红壳 |
[04:47] | Come on. Brothers road trip? | 来嘛 我们来一次兄弟自驾游 |
[04:50] | I guess I will build some memories, like the Hardy Boys. | 我想我可以留下一些难忘的回忆了 就像《哈迪男孩》一样 |
[04:53] | And we can go to Hardee’s. | 我们还可以去哈迪家玩 |
[04:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:58] | You can use your AAA card for discounts on the road. | 在路上 你可以用你美国汽车协会的会员卡打折 |
[05:00] | I’ll grab my motion-sickness pills. | 我去拿我的晕车药 |
[05:06] | Mrs. Huang, Mr. Huang. | 黄太太 黄先生 |
[05:08] | Cheese. | 笑一笑 |
[05:09] | Actually, photography is prohibited. | 事实上 这里是禁止照相的 |
[05:11] | This is a government building. You understand. | 这是政府办公楼 你懂的 |
[05:13] | Oh, right. Of course I understand. | 喔 我当然明白 |
[05:16] | All right, let’s get this going. | 好的 那咱们开始吧 |
[05:17] | I already submitted the forms | 一周前我已经递交了表格 |
[05:19] | and pre-paid the processing fee a week ago. | 也提前支付了审理费 |
[05:20] | Also, I put $1 into the meter. | 我还往机子里放了一美元 |
[05:22] | I only have 45 minutes and I will not go over. | 我只有四十五分钟 而且我不打算再来一遍了 |
[05:24] | Well, that should be plenty of time. | 恩 那时间应该是挺充裕的 |
[05:26] | We just need you to confirm | 我们就是需要你确认一些 |
[05:27] | some of the information we have on file. | 我们资料上的信息 |
[05:29] | Yes, love to. First question. | 好的 非常乐意 第一个问题 |
[05:30] | Okay, it says here your first entry into the U.S. | 好 这上面显示你来美国的第一个签证 |
[05:33] | was on a Student Visa. | 是学生签证 |
[05:34] | Correct. Business major, Maryland College. | 对的 商科专业 马里兰大学 |
[05:36] | – Second question. – Business? | -第二个问题 -商科 |
[05:37] | I would’ve thought it would’ve been teaching. | 我还以为你学的是教育 |
[05:39] | Ha! As if. | 哈 就跟真的似的 |
[05:41] | Is that from “Clueless”? | 那是《独领风骚》里的梗吗 |
[05:43] | Did you know that is a playful reimagining | 你知道那是一个对简·奥斯汀的《艾玛》的 |
[05:45] | of Jane Austen’s “Emma”? | 搞笑改编吗 |
[05:47] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[05:49] | I’m just laughing because Jessica hates teachers. | 我笑是因为杰西卡讨厌老师 |
[05:52] | It says here her first job in this country was teaching. | 这写着她在这个国家的第一份工作是教师 |
[05:56] | Oh, is that all the questions? | 哦 都问完了吗 |
[05:58] | Great, let’s just wrap this up with the pledge of allegiance. | 太好了 咱们赶紧做效忠誓言然后结束吧 |
[06:02] | I, Jessica, take you, the United States of America, | 我 杰西卡 将你 美利坚合众国 |
[06:07] | as my lawfully wedded… country. | 作为我合法的 结婚国家 |
[06:14] | You were a teacher? | 你当过老师吗 |
[06:16] | You told me your first | 你跟我说你的第一份 |
[06:17] | job was selling sandwiches at Orioles games. | 工作是在金莺队比赛上卖三明治 |
[06:19] | Hey, if you believed that, then that’s on you. | 嘿 如果你这都相信就不怪我了 |
[06:20] | For as long as I’ve known you, you’ve hated teachers. | 自打我认识你以来 你就讨厌老师 |
[06:23] | Louis, you have to understand, I was young, desperate. | 路易斯 你要理解 我当时很年轻 也很绝望 |
[06:27] | I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. | 我不知道我要做什么 |
[06:29] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[06:31] | My Student Visa was about to expire | 我的学生签证快要过期了 |
[06:33] | and I had to find a way to stay in this country, | 我必须要找一个方法继续留在这个国家 |
[06:36] | and one of my professor | 我有一个教授 |
[06:37] | told me about a Specialty Occupation Visa. | 和我说了专业职业签证 |
[06:40] | Means if you’re in a profession that the U.S. Has a shortage of, | 意思是如果你的职业在美国刚好是人手不够的 |
[06:43] | – you can stay in the country. – I know that, Doug. | -你就能留在这个国家了 -这个我知道 道格 |
[06:46] | And it just so happens that one of those professions… | 然后就这么刚好 其中一个职业 |
[06:50] | is teacher. | 是教师 |
[06:51] | It was my first day, | 那是我第一天上班 |
[06:53] | and Honey was giving me a tour of the teacher’s lounge. | 哈妮带我熟悉了一下教师休息室 |
[06:55] | I saw Mitch, Marvin, and Deidre at the bar cart. | 我看到米奇 马文 还有迪雅卓在饮料小推车那里 |
[06:58] | I just want to make it clear | 我得说明一下 |
[06:59] | that those are the names of our current friends and neighbors, | 那些名字是我们现在的朋友和邻居的 |
[07:01] | not the real people involved. | 并不真的是他们 |
[07:03] | Basically all white people look the same to her. | 对她来说 基本所有的白人都一样 |
[07:05] | Yeah, I get it. | 恩 我懂了 |
[07:06] | People mix up me and my brother all the time. | 人们老是把我和我哥哥弄混 |
[07:08] | That’s why I started wearing contact lenses. | 所以我开始戴隐形眼镜了 |
[07:12] | So, anyway, Honey was showing me how to whip up a Sanka. | 总之 哈妮教我怎么搅一杯没有咖啡因的咖啡 |
[07:15] | And you just stir it right in. | 你就这么搅拌进去 |
[07:17] | Astronauts call it brown Tang. | 宇航员管这个叫做棕色刺尾鱼[尾巴上有尖尖的刺] |
[07:23] | Aren’t you gonna be late for your classes? | 你们还不走啊 上课要迟到啦啊 |
[07:25] | No, we have a 20-minute grace period. | 不 我们有二十分钟的宽限期 |
[07:27] | 40 if it’s sunny out. | 如果阳光明媚就是四十分钟 |
[07:28] | Yeah, let’s be honest. | 是啊 实话跟你说吧 |
[07:30] | These kids don’t want to learn and we don’t want to teach. | 这些孩子不想学习 我们也不想教 |
[07:31] | We just want to make it to 3:00 p.M. | 我们就是想等到下午三点 |
[07:34] | What happens at 3:00 p.M.? | 下午三点会怎么样 |
[07:35] | That’s when we turn on some Jimmy Buffet | 那时候我们就会听吉米·巴菲特的音乐 |
[07:37] | and get straight-up blasted! | 然后喝个烂醉 |
[07:46] | It was at that moment I realized | 就是那时候我意识到 |
[07:48] | that I could never be part of such a corrupt profession. | 我永远也不可能成为那种腐败职业的一份子 |
[07:51] | I quit right then and there. | 所以我当场就放弃了 |
[07:53] | It says here you were fired for spanking a child. | 这上面说你是因为你打了一个孩子的屁股而被炒了 |
[07:55] | Well, if you knew that, why did you let me keep talking? | 你都知道 你干嘛还让我说啊 |
[07:58] | You spanked a child? | 你打了一个孩子啊 |
[08:00] | Spanking is a strong word. | 打这个词太过了 |
[08:01] | It was a gentle tap over the pants. | 那就是隔着裤子轻轻拍了一下 |
[08:04] | I thought I knew everything about you. | 我还以为我知道你所有的事 |
[08:05] | You were a teacher. | 你曾经做过老师 |
[08:07] | I did what I had to do to survive. | 为了生存 我不得不这样做 |
[08:10] | Teach advanced calculus. | 教高等微积分 |
[08:12] | Says here you taught drama. | 这里说你教的是戏剧 |
[08:13] | Damn you, Doug! | 该死的 道格 |
[08:28] | I got Hot 104 locked on all five presets | 我把五个频道都设定成了一零四台 |
[08:31] | in case one loses reception. | 以防其中一个收不到信号 |
[08:32] | Look, a nap zone. | 看 打盹模式 |
[08:36] | Emery, I know we’ve had our differences over the years, | 埃默里 我知道这些年来我们有过分歧 |
[08:39] | but sometimes you really feel me, dawg. | 但是有时候你还真懂我 |
[08:43] | Hold on to your butts, fellas. | 都坐稳了哟 兄弟们 |
[08:44] | It says here that AAA members get 5% off at Wet ‘n Wild! | 这写着美国汽车协会会员在潮野水上乐园可以享受百分之五的折扣 |
[08:49] | Oh, what?! | 什么 |
[08:50] | You know I’m about that Lazy River life! | 你们知道我一直都想玩激流勇进的 |
[08:52] | Okay, so we’ll start at the mall, pick up Alison, | 好的 那我们就先去商场 接上艾莉森 |
[08:55] | and then loop back to the dry cleaners, | 然后兜一圈到干洗店 |
[08:57] | helping Mom, | 这可是帮老妈忙 |
[08:58] | and instead of stopping for lunch, | 我们把碳烤木火盆点着 |
[09:00] | we’ll just fire up the hibachi. | 就不用再停车吃午饭了 |
[09:01] | Then we’ll end the day at Wet ‘n Wild | 然后我们就在潮野水上乐园的 |
[09:03] | with a hard chill in the Surf Lagoon. | 冲浪湖里透心凉地结束这一天 |
[09:05] | Let’s go! | 出发 |
[09:12] | Wait! | 等等 |
[09:13] | We need our bathing suits for Wet ‘n Wild. | 我们去潮野水上乐园得需要泳衣 |
[09:15] | My swimmies! | 我的泳衣 |
[09:36] | Oh, no! No! No! No! No! No! No! | 哦 不不不 |
[09:40] | Guys, it’s fine. | 没事的 哥们儿 |
[09:41] | I took the parking brake off | 我就是松了手刹 |
[09:43] | and it must’ve rolled into the street. | 车肯定会滑到街上的 |
[09:44] | No bigs. | 不要慌 |
[09:47] | Where’d I put the keys? | 钥匙放哪儿了 |
[09:49] | Crap. | 糟了 |
[09:56] | Okay, after teaching didn’t work out, | 教书这条路走不通后 |
[09:59] | it says your next application | 你就申请了 |
[10:00] | was for an Extraordinary Ability Visa. | 特殊才能签证 |
[10:03] | Yes, that’s right. | 嗯 是的 |
[10:04] | I was sitting with my college roommate, Honey… | 我和大学室友哈妮坐在一起 |
[10:05] | Wait, I thought Honey was a teacher at the school you… oh. | 等等 哈妮不是学校的老师吗 噢 |
[10:09] | White people all the same. Got it. | 我懂了 白人都一样 |
[10:11] | Jessica, I am so sorry the teaching thing didn’t work out. | 杰西卡 我很抱歉教师这条路走不通 |
[10:14] | It’s a blessing in disguise. | 这是因祸得福 |
[10:16] | Why should I waste my talent and my work ethic | 我为啥要把我的才能和职业道德 |
[10:19] | on a lowly Specialty Occupation Visa | 浪费在这个卑微的专业职业签证上呢 |
[10:21] | when really I should have… | 我该去申请 |
[10:24] | an Extraordinary Ability Visa. | 特殊才能签证 |
[10:27] | Oh. | 噢 |
[10:28] | “For someone who possesses superior talents | “为拥有出众才能 |
[10:30] | that enrich our nation.” | 能为国争光的人量身打造” |
[10:31] | What kind of superior talents do you have? | 你有什么出众才能 |
[10:33] | What kind don’t I have? | 有什么才能是我没有的 |
[10:35] | Acting, singing, puppeteering. | 表演 唱歌 演木偶戏 我都会 |
[10:37] | Your shrimp po’ boys. | 你们的宫保虾 |
[10:40] | Wait, was this the night we met? | 等等 是我们相遇的那晚吗 |
[10:41] | -Yes. -Then it wasn’t shrimp, it was octopus. | -是的 -那吃的就不是虾 是章鱼 |
[10:43] | -No, it was shrimp. -No, it was octopus. | -不 是虾子 -不 是章鱼 |
[10:46] | It was the night we met. I wouldn’t forget. | 那是我们相遇的晚上 我不会忘记的 |
[10:47] | You know what, I am so sick and tired | 哎 男人总是和女人说反话 |
[10:49] | of men always changing a woman’s narrative, | 我真是受够了 |
[10:51] | just like Joan of Arc. | 就像圣女贞德一样 |
[10:53] | What does Joan of Arc have… | 扯圣女贞德干嘛 |
[10:54] | Jessica, they were octopus | 杰西卡 那晚吃的是章鱼 |
[10:56] | because that’s why we both got food poisoning | 因此我们都食物中毒了 |
[10:58] | and met in the bathroom line, | 然后在排队上厕所的时候相遇了 |
[10:59] | and I know for a fact that it was octopus | 那晚吃的绝对是章鱼 |
[11:01] | because Olivia Yang had just dumped me that morning | 因为那天早上奥莉维亚·杨刚刚把我甩了 |
[11:03] | and she was allergic to octopus, so I never got to eat octopus, | 她对章鱼过敏 因此我从没吃成过章鱼 |
[11:06] | so my friend Barry took me out to get octopus. | 然后我朋友巴里带我去吃章鱼 |
[11:09] | You told me Olivia Yang was your girlfriend in Taiwan. | 你跟我说奥莉维亚·杨是你在台湾的女票 |
[11:12] | You dated her here in America | 结果我们相遇那天 |
[11:15] | up until the day we met? | 你才在美国和她分手 |
[11:19] | Men. Changing the narrative. | 老兄 快唱反调啊 |
[11:23] | What are we gonna do? | 怎么办 |
[11:23] | Mom and Dad are gonna murder us. | 老爸老妈会杀了我们的 |
[11:26] | We’ll set the car on fire and blame it on vandals. | 我们把车烧了 就说是坏人干的 |
[11:28] | Or even better… Hobos! | 或者说是流浪汉干的 |
[11:30] | You know Mom hates hobos. She’s always saying that. | 你知道老妈讨厌流浪汉的 她一直这样说 |
[11:35] | I think we should just run away and find a new family. | 我觉得我们还是离家出走 找个新家吧 |
[11:37] | If we split up, we’ll have a better chance of being adopted. | 如果我们分开 就会有更大的机会被领养了 |
[11:40] | Or we can call AAA to come and unlock the car. | 我们也可以给美国汽车协会打电话 叫人来解锁 |
[11:44] | Evan, I know we’ve had our differences in the past, | 埃文 我知道我们过去有分歧 |
[11:48] | but you’re the real MVP. | 但你是真正的救星 |
[11:50] | Do I get a trophy? | 有奖杯吗 |
[11:51] | No. You get this. | 没有 但赏你这个 |
[11:53] | This moment right here. | 这个不可多得的时刻 |
[11:56] | I’ll take it. | 我收下了 |
[11:59] | Now who’s keeping secrets? | 现在是谁守着秘密没说 |
[12:00] | All those years, | 这么多年过去了 |
[12:01] | you said you fell in love with me at first sight. | 你说你对我是一见钟情 |
[12:03] | I did! I wasn’t lying. | 对啊 又没骗你 |
[12:05] | It just happened to coincide | 只是那时候刚好 |
[12:06] | with Olivia Yang falling out of love with me. | 奥莉维亚·杨和我分手了 |
[12:08] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为啥不告诉我 |
[12:09] | I was worried it would scare you off. | 我怕会吓到你 |
[12:11] | Why? Because she dumped you? | 为啥 因为她把你甩了吗 |
[12:13] | And I’m a dumped man’s rebound bride. | 而你只是利用我来走出情伤 |
[12:15] | Jessica, if you’re just a rebound, | 杰西卡 如果我只是利用你来疗伤 |
[12:17] | why would I have proposed to you so many times? | 为啥我还向你求这么多次婚 |
[12:19] | I don’t know, maybe that’s a question for Olivia Yang! | 不知道 还是让奥莉维亚·杨来回答吧 |
[12:22] | Okay, how’s about we get back to that Extraordinary Ability Visa? | 好了 我们接着说回特殊才能签证吧 |
[12:27] | So, I went down to the immigration office in Baltimore | 所以我就去了巴尔的摩的移民办公室 |
[12:30] | to apply in person. | 亲自申请签证 |
[12:33] | How can I help you? | 你好 |
[12:34] | Oh, my God, you put me in it? | 天哪 那是我吗 |
[12:36] | No, it’s your brother. | 不 是你哥哥 |
[12:37] | Of course it is. Everybody loves Jeremy. | 当然了 杰瑞米人见人爱 |
[12:40] | I am here to apply for my Extraordinary Ability Visa. | 我来申请特殊才能签证 |
[12:43] | Where is your pianist? | 你的钢琴师呢 |
[12:44] | I will need he or she to accompany me. | 我需要钢琴师伴奏 |
[12:46] | – There is no pianist. – Okay. A cappella then. | -这里没有钢琴师 -行 那我清唱吧 |
[12:51] | # Listen to the wind blow # | #听着风儿吹过# |
[12:54] | # Watch the sunrise # | #看着日出# |
[13:01] | # Run in the shadows # | #在光影下奔跑# |
[13:04] | # Damn your love, damn your lies # | #去你的爱 去你的谎言# |
[13:06] | Ma’am, ma’am. | 女士 女士 |
[13:08] | That’s not what we’re looking for here. | 我们不是招歌手的 |
[13:10] | No problem. I’ve got more. | 没问题 我还有拿手的 |
[13:14] | – Oh, boy. – # And if you don’t love me now # | -我去 -#如果你现在不爱我# |
[13:17] | # You will never love me again # | #那你再也不会爱上我# |
[13:20] | # I can still hear you sayin’ you would never break the # | #我仍听见你说# |
[13:25] | # Never break the chain # | #永生永世# |
[13:29] | Ma’am, this isn’t “Star Search.” | 女士 这不是《明日之星》 |
[13:31] | In order to qualify for an Extraordinary Ability Visa, | 要申请特殊才能签证 |
[13:34] | you need to prove this is your paid profession… | 你需要证明这是你从事的行业 |
[13:36] | Awards, letters from noteworthy peers, | 要有你获得的奖项 知名同行的推荐信 |
[13:38] | articles written about you. | 或者提到你的文章 |
[13:39] | But I don’t have any of those things | 但我没有这些 |
[13:41] | and my Student Visa runs out in a week. | 我的学生签证一周后就过期了 |
[13:42] | I have no other way of staying in this country. | 我没有其他办法待在美国了 |
[13:44] | I’m sorry. That’s not my problem. | 很抱歉 那不是我的问题 |
[13:53] | I was so upset, I cried all the way back to my dorm room. | 我很伤心 回寝室的路上一直在哭 |
[13:59] | I know you’ve said no five times already, | 我知道你拒绝了我五次 |
[14:01] | but I’m gonna keep asking. | 但我还是要问 |
[14:03] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[14:05] | Yes. I will marry you. | 好 我答应你 |
[14:08] | Wait. | 等等 |
[14:10] | You had just gotten rejected for your Visa | 你是在申请签证被拒后 |
[14:12] | right before you finally said yes? | 才答应嫁给我的吗 |
[14:15] | Did you only agree to marry me so you could get a green card? | 你答应我是因为绿卡吗 |
[14:18] | Yes. Obviously, yes. | 是的 这很明显 |
[14:20] | Dude. | 伙计啊 |
[14:26] | You married me for a green card? | 你为了绿卡才和我结婚的吗 |
[14:28] | It’s not that big of a deal. I liked you and everything. | 不要大惊小怪的 我喜欢过你 |
[14:30] | Liked me? | 喜欢过我 |
[14:31] | I fell in love with you the first moment we met. | 我对你可是一见钟情啊 |
[14:33] | I thought our love story was one for the ages. | 我以为我们的爱情故事是历久弥新的 |
[14:35] | Now I’m finding out I was just a marriage of convenience. | 现在才知道你结婚是为了绿卡 |
[14:37] | What? I’m practical. | 怎么了 我很现实啊 |
[14:39] | You love that about me. | 你爱我这一点的 |
[14:40] | I like that about you. | 应该是我喜欢你这一点 |
[14:49] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[14:51] | And thank you, sir, for your seven years of membership. | 谢谢你 先生 做了我们七年的会员 |
[14:54] | You’ve been a member since you were 2? | 你两岁开始就是会员了吗 |
[14:56] | I wanted to join earlier, but I didn’t know how to talk | 我想早点入会的 但我不知道怎么说话 |
[14:58] | and make my wishes known to Mom. | 让老妈明白我的心意 |
[15:00] | Hmm. Well, you guys are all set, | 额 都给你们弄好了 |
[15:02] | as long as you didn’t make any changes in the car. | 只要你们不去碰车里的东西 |
[15:04] | You know, adjust the seats, change the radio presets, | 比如调座位 改变之前的广播设置 |
[15:06] | move the mirrors… | 动反光镜什么的就好了 |
[15:07] | Things the car’s primary driver would notice immediately. | 不然车主立马就会注意到这些变动 |
[15:11] | I see you later, boys. | 拜拜 孩子们 |
[15:27] | 98.3, Smooth Jazz. | 98,3频道 柔和爵士 |
[15:29] | 99.8, Cool Jazz. | 99.8频道 酷派爵士 |
[15:31] | 102.2, Drive Time Classic Jazz. | 102.2频道 交通古典爵士 |
[15:42] | I’ve answered all your questions. | 我回答了所有问题 |
[15:43] | Can I please just have my citizenship? | 我能获得美国公民身份吗 |
[15:45] | I’m sorry it’s taking so much time, ma’am. | 抱歉花了这么多时间 女士 |
[15:48] | Everything seems to be in order. | 好像都没什么问题了 |
[15:52] | Hold that stamp! | 先别盖章 |
[15:59] | Mrs. Huang, I need to ask you a few more questions | 黄太太 我要就你的犯罪记录 |
[16:02] | regarding your criminal record. | 问你几个问题 |
[16:05] | A criminal record?! | 你怎么有犯罪记录 |
[16:06] | There was a small misunderstanding. | 有个小误会 |
[16:08] | Simple property damage a long time ago. | 只是很久以前造成的一点财产损失 |
[16:10] | Statute of limitations have passed. | 时效都过了 |
[16:12] | Here we go. Just a little stamp, stamp. | 快按吧 快盖章吧 |
[16:16] | – Stamp. – No. | -盖啊 -不 |
[16:18] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:19] | I have to know the details or I can’t approve your file. | 我要了解细节 不然不能审批你的文件 |
[16:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:24] | I’ll tell you. | 我告诉你 |
[16:25] | It was a hot night in Brooklyn, | 那是布鲁克林的一个炎热夜晚 |
[16:27] | and racial tensions were boiling over. | 种族冲突升温 |
[16:31] | A trash can through the window of Sal’s Pizzeria? | 用垃圾箱砸了披萨店的窗户 |
[16:34] | That’s from “Do the Right Thing.” | 那是《为所应为》里的情节啊 |
[16:36] | Yes, and that is so much worse than what I did. | 是的 但那比我做的严重多了 |
[16:42] | Fellas, I think we did it. | 伙计们 我觉得我们成功了 |
[16:44] | Seriously, if we get away with this, | 说真的 如果他们没发现的话 |
[16:46] | I’m never getting behind the wheel of a car again. | 我再也不会去开车了 |
[16:47] | Not even a Yukon with rims? | 带轮缘的育空都不开吗 |
[16:49] | Well, yeah. I mean, a Yukon with rims, obviously. | 是啊 肯定不开啦 |
[16:52] | I’m only human, man. | 我只是个普通人 兄弟 |
[17:10] | Lavender. | 薰衣草味 |
[17:18] | Apricot. | 杏仁味 |
[17:19] | No. Leather. | 不 皮革味 |
[17:21] | No. | 不 |
[17:22] | My sinuses! I can’t do this. | 我鼻窦要受不了了 |
[17:41] | Driftwood. | 流木味 |
[17:48] | Mrs. Huang, I need to know | 黄女士 |
[17:49] | about the criminal incident in your file. | 我需要了解你文件里记录的犯罪事件 |
[17:50] | It was just simple property damage. | 只是一个小小的财产破坏 |
[17:53] | Can we please move on? | 我们能继续吗 |
[17:54] | No. I want to know what happened. | 不 我想知道发生了什么 |
[17:57] | Fine. | 好 |
[18:00] | It was the night we met. | 那是我们相遇的夜晚 |
[18:03] | I don’t think I can ever eat octopus again. | 我再也不吃章鱼了 |
[18:05] | Poisoning us was its last and best defense. | 给我们下毒是章鱼最好也是最后的反抗 |
[18:08] | So, uh, yeah, call me. I’d love to go out sometime. | 嗯 给我打电话吧 有机会出来玩玩 |
[18:11] | I’ll give you my number. | 我电话是 |
[18:12] | 555 It’s 555… | |
[18:14] | Um, do you want a pen or something to write this down? | 你想要用笔记下来吗 |
[18:16] | No, I’ll remember it. | 不 我记得住 |
[18:19] | Right. Well, it’s, um, 555-0193. | 好吧 我电话是555-0193 |
[18:23] | Great. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[18:35] | Do you have a pen? I need a pen. | 你有笔吗 我需要一支笔 |
[18:37] | I just met the man I’m going to marry | 我刚遇到了我未来的丈夫 |
[18:39] | and I need to write down his number before I forget it. | 我要在忘记他的号码之前 把它写下来 |
[18:41] | But that’s permanent marker. | 那个笔写了就擦不掉了 |
[18:44] | Hey! You’re destroying my property! | 嘿 不要乱涂乱画 |
[18:46] | Oh, please, it’s just a piece of an old canoe. | 拜托 这只是块旧木头罢了 |
[18:50] | You wrote my number on a | 你为了记住我的电话 |
[18:51] | restaurant canoe so you wouldn’t forget it? | 把它写在餐厅的木板上了 |
[18:55] | You loved me at first sight! | 你对我就是一见钟情 |
[18:56] | I’m so embarrassed. | 太尴尬了 |
[18:58] | All these years, you were acting like you weren’t a romantic, | 这么多年来 你装得不浪漫的样子 |
[19:00] | yet really, you fell in love with me at first sight. | 但其实你对我一见钟情 |
[19:03] | Louis, stop saying it! | 路易斯 别说了 |
[19:04] | But wait, if you knew you wanted to marry me | 等等 如果我们初次相遇时 |
[19:06] | from the first moment we met, | 你就想嫁给我 |
[19:08] | why did you say no all those other times I proposed to you? | 那为什么你拒绝了我之前的求婚 |
[19:11] | Because I wanted to enter the marriage on equal footing. | 因为我想以平等的地位结婚 |
[19:14] | Get my Visa situation sorted out first | 先解决好我的签证 |
[19:16] | so that when I did say yes, | 等到了我答应你的时候 |
[19:18] | you wouldn’t think that I was just marrying you | 你就不会认为我是为了绿卡 |
[19:20] | for a green card. | 才和你结婚 |
[19:22] | When I got denied that day, I didn’t have a choice. | 被拒签那天 我没有别的选择了 |
[19:25] | It was either marry you | 要么和你结婚 |
[19:26] | or get deporte and never see you again. | 要么就是被驱逐出境 再也见不到你 |
[19:29] | I wasn’t gonna do that. | 可我不会那么做的 |
[19:34] | This right here… This is why I do the job. | 这就是 这就是我选择这一行的原因 |
[19:39] | Well, I have everything I need. | 好了 一切都办妥了 |
[19:41] | Jessica Huang, your application for naturalization is approved. | 杰西卡·黄 你的入籍申请已经被批准 |
[19:45] | Congratulations, you two. | 恭喜你们 |
[19:46] | Oh, thank you! | 噢 谢谢 |
[19:54] | Oh, let me help. | 噢 我来开门 |
[19:55] | Baby, let’s go fill up the Accord with cheap, cheap gas. | 宝贝 我们去给雅阁加上便宜的汽油吧 |
[19:58] | Louis. | 路易斯 |
[20:05] | They gave me a pocket copy of the Constitution. | 他们给了我一本便携版的宪法 |
[20:09] | Swear on it. | 快发誓 |
[20:10] | Swear that you will never tell the boys my secret. | 发誓你绝不把我的秘密告诉孩子们 |
[20:13] | That you have a criminal record? | 你有犯罪记录的秘密吗 |
[20:14] | Yes, and also that I… you know… | 嗯 还有 |
[20:18] | Fell in love with me at first sight? | 对我一见钟情 |
[20:19] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[20:20] | And also the teacher thing. Especially the teacher thing. | 还有当老师这件事 特别是这件事 |
[20:25] | Okay, everyone, we’re ready to begin. | 好了各位 准备开始吧 |
[20:27] | I hereby declare on oath | 我在这里郑重地宣誓 |
[20:30] | that I will support and defend the Constitution | 我会支持及维护 |
[20:33] | and laws of the United States of America | 美利坚共和国宪法和法律 |
[20:36] | against all enemies foreign and domestic. | 对抗国内外所有敌人 |
[20:39] | That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. | 我将真诚地效忠美国 |
[20:43] | And that I take this obligation freely, so help me God. | 这是我个人所愿 请上帝保佑我 |
[20:48] | Welcome, all of you new American citizens. | 欢迎你们 新到来的美国公民们 |