时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The shark’s oily liver keeps it buoyant | 鲨鱼充满油脂的肝脏使它们 |
[00:04] | And balanced in the water. | 能保持在水中的浮力和平衡 |
[00:05] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[00:08] | Okay, I just want to reconfirm your yard-sale requests. | 好了 我再来确认一下你们对庭院拍卖会的要求 |
[00:12] | Grandma — anything with garfield on it. | 奶奶 任何有加菲猫的东西 |
[00:14] | Eddie — used gold grille. | 埃迪 二手的金车栅 |
[00:16] | Emery — old silk ties. | 埃默里 旧的丝绸领带 |
[00:17] | Evan — horse stickers. | 埃文 小马贴纸 |
[00:19] | Unicorns okay, too? | 独角兽的也可以吗 |
[00:20] | As long as it has four hooves | 只要是有四个蹄子 |
[00:22] | And a beautiful face, I want it. | 和一张俏脸的 我都要 |
[00:28] | Why do you need to wear my fishing vest | 你为什么要穿着我的钓鱼背心 |
[00:30] | To go yard-sale shopping? | 去庭院拍卖会啊 |
[00:32] | I put different dollar amounts in various pockets. | 我把数额不一样的钱放在不同口袋里 |
[00:35] | When a seller gives me a price, | 等到卖家出价的时候 |
[00:37] | I reach into a pocket with a lesser amount, pull it out, | 我就把手伸进一个钱比较少的口袋里 把钱拿出来 |
[00:40] | And act like it’s all I have to offer. | 装成我只有这些钱一样 |
[00:42] | “$4 for a lite-brite? | 一个画板游戏要四刀 |
[00:44] | But I only have $3.” | 可是我只能出三刀 |
[00:49] | Oh, um, I’m holding those for… | 这些是 |
[01:14] | well, this is a disaster. | 这里简直是一幅劫后景象 |
[01:17] | Your mother and I are back and forth | 你妈妈和我 |
[01:18] | At each other’s house so often, | 来往那么频繁 |
[01:20] | It’s hard to remember whose tupperware is whose. | 很难记住哪些特百惠盒子是谁的 |
[01:22] | Well, let’s assume yours | 那就让我们大胆假设 |
[01:24] | Are the ones with the spaghetti stains. | 那些有意大利面油渍的是你的 |
[01:28] | It looks like the rest are ours. | 看上去剩下的就是我们的了 |
[01:35] | Uh… | 啊 |
[01:36] | Hey, nicole. | 嘿 妮可 |
[01:37] | Looks like you had a productive week with your mom. | 看来你跟你妈妈在一起这周很有收获啊 |
[01:39] | Yeah, we went to the outlet mall. | 是啊 我们去了品牌折扣店 |
[01:40] | I bought a ton of tube socks. | 我买了一堆圆筒短袜 |
[01:42] | I’m gonna cut the feet off and wear them as tops. | 我要把下面剪掉把它们做成小背心来穿 |
[01:44] | that’s creative. | 很有创意啊 |
[01:45] | Did you also work on your science project? | 你做了你的科学项目作业了吗 |
[01:48] | Nicole, the plan was, | 妮可 原计划就是 |
[01:49] | You were going to finish it at sarah’s. | 让你到莎拉那里做完的 |
[01:51] | I know, but we were just having so much fun. | 我知道 但是我们玩得太开心了 |
[01:53] | Right, mom? | 对吧 妈妈 |
[01:54] | Wait. She’s here? | 等等 她来这里了 |
[01:58] | Hey, hussy. | 嘿 小婊砸 |
[01:59] | Surprised to see you standing. | 你居然还屹立不倒呢 |
[02:01] | Between all your digging for gold | 你傍大款这么辛苦 |
[02:02] | And those fake clangers on your chest, | 再加上你胸前坠着那两坨假肉 |
[02:04] | Your back must be killing you. | 你的腰早该断了吧 |
[02:06] | I’m gonna use the master bathroom. | 我要用一下主浴室 |
[02:07] | You remember — the one I had re-tiled | 你记得的 在你和我老公愉快玩耍的时候 |
[02:09] | While you were slappin’ cakes with my husband. | 我翻修的那间 |
[02:16] | I’m glad she’s going to the bathroom | 还好她去卫生间了 |
[02:18] | Because her mouth belongs in the toilet. | 因为她那张嘴就跟厕所一样臭 |
[02:26] | Sarah came into the house today. | 莎拉今天来我家了 |
[02:28] | Mclachlan? | 麦克拉克兰 |
[02:29] | No. Marvin’s ex-wife, nicole’s mother. | 不是 是马文的前妻 妮可的妈妈 |
[02:31] | Well, if sarah mclachlan ever does come over, | 好吧 要是莎拉·麦克拉克兰哪天大驾光临[加拿大女歌手] |
[02:33] | Tell her her new album is so great. | 告诉她她的新专辑太棒了 |
[02:36] | Anyway, she had nicole for a whole week, | 不管怎样 妮可在她那里待了整整一周 |
[02:39] | And they didn’t get her homework done, | 她们都没把她的作业弄完 |
[02:41] | So now I’m scrambling | 所以现在就轮到我 |
[02:42] | To help her come up with a science project. | 紧急帮她想出来一个科学项目 |
[02:44] | Did you tell marvin about it? I tried. | -你跟马文说过吗 -我试过了 |
[02:47] | So, sarah came in the house today, | 莎拉今天来过了 |
[02:49] | Just barged in like she still lives here. | 大摇大摆地好像她还住在这里一样 |
[02:51] | She is always rude to me, | 她对我的态度一直很差 |
[02:52] | And she is not responsible when it comes to nicole. | 而且她对妮可一点都不负责任 |
[02:55] | I really think you need to step up and… | 我觉得你是时候站出来… |
[02:57] | Sounds like you just need | 听起来你只能自己 |
[02:58] | To deal with sarah yourself, confront her. | 对付莎拉了 和她正面硬刚 |
[03:01] | Mnh, it’s fine. I just needed to vent. | 嗯 算了 我就是需要撒撒气 |
[03:04] | Well, I should head out. I’ll call you later. | 好了 我得走了 一会儿给你打电话 |
[03:07] | I have to go work on nicole’s science experiment. | 我得去帮妮可弄她的科学实验了 |
[03:10] | Sometimes I feel like I’m in high school again, | 有时候我觉得我就好像回到了高中一样 |
[03:12] | Minus my dreads. | 只是不用提心吊胆了 |
[03:15] | Sharks do not normally hunt humans. | 鲨鱼一般不捕食人类 |
[03:17] | When they do attack people, | 当它们攻击人的时候 |
[03:19] | It is usually a case of mistaken identity. | 一般是出现了错认的情况 |
[03:21] | This is exactly what sharks want us to think. | 鲨鱼就是想要我们低估它们 |
[03:24] | When we return, the secret mating habits | 广告之后 即将揭开鲸鲨 |
[03:26] | Of the whale shark. | 交配习性的秘密 |
[03:28] | Eddie, can you change the channel to pbs? | 埃迪 你能换台到公共电视网吗 |
[03:30] | Emery and I want to see what julia child is baking today. | 埃默里和我想要看看朱莉亚·查尔德[美国名厨]今天烤了什么 |
[03:32] | You crazy? You heard the man. | 你脑子坏掉了吗 你听见电视里说的了 |
[03:34] | They about to reveal some sex secrets. | 他们马上要揭开啪啪啪的神秘面纱了 |
[03:36] | Shh! Eddie… | 嘘 埃迪 |
[03:38] | Go everywhere you want with the ease and comfort | 爵士1115型电动轮椅可以带你去任何地方的同时 |
[03:41] | Of the jazzy 1115 power chair. | 为你提供方便和舒适 |
[03:43] | The jazzy turns on a dime making it ideal for… | 爵士电动轮椅的灵活性使其成为 |
[03:48] | Get out in the sunshine, | 外出晒太阳 |
[03:49] | Cruise the neighborhood, visit your friends… | 社区游玩 访亲走友的理想出行工具 |
[04:12] | Yes. A child. | 太好了 一个小屁孩 |
[04:16] | I’d like to talk about this $7 blender. | 这个七刀的搅拌器我想跟你还还价 |
[04:19] | I’ll give you $4. | 我出四刀 |
[04:20] | Well, since you’re wearing olive green — | 看在你穿着我最喜欢的颜色 |
[04:22] | My favorite color — okay. | 也就是橄榄绿色的衣服的份上 好吧 |
[04:25] | $4 for the blender, please. | 卖你四刀吧 |
[04:27] | Oh, shucks. But I only have $3. | 哎哟 糟糕了 我这里只有三刀 |
[04:30] | Tell you what — I’ll give you $3 for it, | 这样吧 我出三刀 |
[04:32] | And I’ll pretend I didn’t notice | 就假装没看见 |
[04:34] | The calcium stains in the pitcher. | 搅拌筒里的钙渍 |
[04:36] | You’re scaring me. | 你吓到我了 |
[04:37] | I’m gonna have to check with my dad. | 我得去问问我爸爸 |
[04:40] | My aunt judy, who recently passed away, | 我姨妈朱迪最近去世了 |
[04:42] | Had this exact same vacuum. | 她有个一模一样的吸尘器 |
[04:44] | I know she would have wanted me to have it… | 如果她在天有灵一定会想让我得到它 |
[04:46] | Offered to me at a lower price. | 还会低价卖给我 |
[04:48] | it’s just who my aunt judy was. | 我姨妈就是这样的善人 |
[04:51] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[04:52] | I’ll let you have it for $15. | 给我十五刀它就是你的了 |
[04:53] | Oh, thank you. Thank you! | 谢谢你 太感谢了 |
[05:04] | My dad says you don’t look like you’re worth the hassle. | 我爸爸说跟你讲价划不来 |
[05:08] | $3 is fine. | 就给三刀吧 |
[05:09] | Your dad is a smart man. | 你爸爸真识趣 |
[05:12] | And that’ll be $20 for the joan baez record. | 这个琼·贝兹的唱片是二十刀的 |
[05:17] | Oh. I — I thought it came with the blender. | 哦 我 我以为这是搅拌器的赠品呢 |
[05:26] | Nice negotiating. | 砍价砍得不错 |
[05:28] | Did you use visine for the tears or onion powder? | 你这眼泪用的是眼药水还是洋葱末 |
[05:30] | Oh, they’re real. | 哦 眼泪是真的 |
[05:31] | I think about the bargains I missed in the past | 一想到以前我错过的那些便宜货 |
[05:33] | Get me in the right headspace. | 我就立马进入状态了 |
[05:34] | And then, to get the tears flowing, | 然后 为了让眼泪到位 |
[05:37] | I think about all the kittens that died | 我就想想电影《子猫物语》里面 |
[05:38] | During the filming of “Milo and otis.” | 那些死掉的小猫咪 |
[05:40] | I like you. | 我欣赏你 |
[05:42] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[05:45] | Ew. Eddie used the same knife, | 恶心 埃迪用了同一把刀 |
[05:47] | And now there’s mayo in the mustard jar. | 结果现在芥末酱罐里也有蛋黄酱了 |
[05:49] | I don’t know why you’re being all precious. | 你这么矫情干什么 |
[05:51] | I licked both your bread slices. | 反正你的面包片两边我都舔过了 |
[05:55] | I’m in a rush, son. | 我急着呢 小朋友 |
[05:57] | I don’t want to miss any of the shark marathon. | 我可不想错过一丁点鲨鱼特辑的精彩内容 |
[05:58] | You know, I was thinking — grandma looked so happy | 我在想 奶奶看见那个电动轮椅广告的 |
[06:01] | When she saw that motorized-wheelchair commercial. | 时候看上去很兴奋 |
[06:03] | Maybe we can get her one. | 我们能不能给她买一台 |
[06:05] | We can surprise her with it. | 我们可以给她个惊喜 |
[06:07] | Well, that’s a nice thought, boys, | 想法很不错啊 孩子们 |
[06:08] | But I’m sure those machines are very expensive. | 但是那个轮椅肯定很贵 |
[06:10] | I called the toll-free number, | 我打了免付长途费的电话问过了 |
[06:11] | And they said immobile seniors can qualify | 他们说六十五岁及以上的老年人 |
[06:13] | For a free jazzy power chair if they’re 65 or older. | 可以免费享受一台的爵士电动轮椅 |
[06:16] | And grandma is…? I don’t know. | -那奶奶是 -我哪儿知道 |
[06:18] | You don’t know? You don’t know! | -你怎么能不知道 -你不也不知道 |
[06:20] | But she made you. | 你是怎么做儿子的 |
[06:21] | Do you know your mom’s age? | 你们知道你们妈妈的年龄吗 |
[06:22] | -31 -28 -43 31. 28. 43. | |
[06:24] | That’s the combination to the padlock on the shed. | 那是棚子里挂锁的密码组合好吗 |
[06:29] | Um, grandma, how old are you? | 嗯 奶奶 你多大了 |
[06:37] | But you know when your birthday is. | 但是你知道你的生日是几号啊 |
[06:46] | I get that. | 我懂得 |
[06:47] | March 24th was my steak birthday. | 三月二十四是我的初食牛排日 |
[06:59] | That’s beautiful. | 真是天籁啊 |
[07:01] | Did you write that? | 是你自己作的曲吗 |
[07:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:05] | Oh, I am so glad you called. | 幸好你给我打电话了 |
[07:08] | I need a drink. | 我得喝一杯 |
[07:10] | All day, I’ve been helping nicole with her science project. | 这一整天 我都在帮妮可做她的科学项目 |
[07:13] | How was the yard sale? Good. | -庭院拍卖会怎么样 -很顺利 |
[07:15] | I got a blender, I got this music box, | 我买了一个搅拌器 还有这个音乐盒 |
[07:17] | And I got some porcelain mice figurines. | 我还淘到了几个陶瓷老鼠玩偶 |
[07:22] | Three ciders? Who’s the extra glass for? | 三杯苹果酒 这个多出来的杯子是给谁的 |
[07:24] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[07:26] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[07:28] | Jessica invited me. Jessica invited me. | -是杰西卡邀请我来的 -杰西卡邀请了我 |
[07:31] | You guys know each other? | 你们俩认识啊 |
[07:32] | This is sarah, nicole’s mom. | 这是莎拉 妮可的妈妈 |
[07:34] | This is sarah, sarah? | 她就是那个莎拉 |
[07:36] | And that’s whore-face, the woman who stole my husband. | 她就是那个绿茶婊 那个抢我老公的女人 |
[07:39] | You know what? I’m out of here. | 懒得跟你说话 我要走了 |
[07:41] | No. You can’t go. | 不行 你不能走 |
[07:42] | I just put 50 cents in the jukebox, | 我刚往点歌机里放了五十美分 |
[07:44] | And I picked the two best songs. | 从莎拉·麦克拉克兰的《忘我的追寻》里 |
[07:45] | From sarah mclachlan’s “Fumbling towards ecstasy.” | 挑了两首最好听的歌 |
[07:47] | And deb doesn’t let anyone leave when mclachlan is playing. | 黛比放麦克拉克兰的歌的时候 谁都别想走 |
[07:50] | All right, everybody. | 好了 朋友们 |
[07:52] | I need you to close your eyes | 闭上眼吧 |
[07:55] | And get ready to feel this. | 好好感受这音乐 |
[07:59] | Okay, sarah, bring it. | 没问题 莎拉 来吧 |
[08:10] | And then the delivery man backed his truck over my lawn. | 然后 那个送货员把车倒到了我们家草坪上 |
[08:16] | My point is, that was a real enemy. | 重点是 这才叫敌人 |
[08:19] | This, between you two, is fixable. | 你们俩的小矛盾 根本不算事 |
[08:23] | You want to take mine, too? | 要不你把我这杯也喝了 |
[08:24] | I already put my mouth on it. | 我已经喝过了 |
[08:26] | Seems to be your move. | 你不是最爱干这事吗 |
[08:28] | Mnh-mnh, no. | 错了 |
[08:29] | My move would be taking that cider, | 因为这杯苹果酒 |
[08:31] | Unhappy with its previous glass, | 跟旧杯子不合适 |
[08:33] | And upgrading it to a fresh, new glass | 所以它才得装进一个 |
[08:34] | Who is capable of love. | 懂爱的新杯子里 |
[08:36] | Also, the old glass has a prescription-drug problem. | 而且 这旧杯子还有滥用药的毛病 |
[08:39] | I have fibromyalgia! | 那是因为我有纤维瘤 |
[08:41] | Two strong women giving each other a hard time. | 女人何苦为难女人 |
[08:45] | This is good. | 吵得好 |
[08:46] | This is healing. | 吵完了就好了 |
[08:50] | okay, everyone, uh… | 朋友们 |
[08:52] | …Just as a reminder, | 顺道说一下 |
[08:54] | We’re an official vendor for women’s fest tickets. | 我们官方供应妇女节派对的门票 |
[08:57] | See pam at the bar. | 到吧台找帕姆要吧 |
[08:58] | Whoo! Yeah, girl! | 太棒了 |
[08:59] | I’m leaving. Me too. | -我先走了 -我也走 |
[09:04] | Stop following me. There’s only one door. | -别跟着我 -这儿就一个门 |
[09:08] | Strange items have been found in the stomachs | 在虎鲨的肚子里总能找到奇怪的东西 |
[09:10] | Of tiger sharks, including old license plates, | 包括老车牌 |
[09:13] | Alarm clocks, tennis rackets. | 闹钟 网球拍 |
[09:17] | If mom won’t get me a gold grille, | 妈妈要是不给我买金车栅的话 |
[09:19] | Maybe I can find one inside a shark. | 我可能能在鲨鱼肚子里找一个 |
[09:21] | Eddie, come on. Help us figure out how old grandma is. | 埃迪 快帮跟我们一块研究奶奶今年多少岁了 |
[09:25] | Grandma, when you were younger, did you miss school because, | 奶奶 你年轻的时候没能上学是因为 |
[09:29] | “A,” Polio, | A 小儿麻痹症 |
[09:31] | “B,” Plague, | B 瘟疫 |
[09:32] | Or “C,” Volcanoes? | 还是C 火山爆发 |
[09:36] | Well, we were — | 这个嘛 我们是在 |
[09:37] | Emery’s doing a report about grandmothers for school. | 因为埃默里在做一个关于祖母的调查报告的学校作业 |
[09:40] | what? Why would you say that? | 你胡说什么呢 |
[09:42] | So we can surprise her with the chair. | 这样就能把电动椅变成惊喜送给奶奶了 |
[09:46] | Where are you going? To write the report. | -你干嘛去 -写报告啊 |
[09:49] | If my grandmother thinks I’m writing a report on her, | 既然奶奶以为我在写关于她的报告 |
[09:51] | Then I’m writing a report on her. | 那我真写一篇好了 |
[09:53] | I don’t know about y’all, but I’m going to heaven. | 你们的下场我不知道 但我可是要上天堂的 |
[10:01] | I am sorry about yesterday. | 昨天的事我真抱歉 |
[10:04] | If I had known that sarah was marvin’s ex, | 我要是早知道莎拉是马文的前妻 |
[10:06] | I never would have put you in that awkward position. | 我绝不会把你弄得那么尴尬 |
[10:09] | Please accept your tupperware as an apology. | 我把你的特百惠还给你 拿着吧 是我的道歉 |
[10:12] | it’s okay. | 没关系啦 |
[10:14] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[10:16] | That’s for nicole’s science project. | 妮可的科学实验好了 |
[10:18] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[10:19] | We’re studying the effects of different corrosive acids | 我们俩在研究几种腐蚀性酸 |
[10:21] | On tooth enamel. | 用在牙釉质上的效果 |
[10:22] | Ooh. Share your findings. | 来说说你的发现吧 |
[10:27] | Nice potion kit. | 装备不错嘛 |
[10:29] | Nicole, you were supposed to take the teeth out | 妮可 定时器响的时候 |
[10:31] | When the timer went off. | 你就应该把牙拿出来了 |
[10:32] | This was a controlled experiment. | 这是个对照试验 |
[10:33] | So I’ll do it now. It’s not a big deal. | 我现在拿呗 又不是什么大事 |
[10:35] | It is a big deal. | 这就是大事啊 |
[10:36] | This is your school project, | 这是你学校的任务 |
[10:38] | And you need to get a good grade on it. | 你得拿个好分数 |
[10:39] | You don’t want to repeat ninth grade like you did eighth. | 你八年级就留级了 九年级你肯定不想再留了吧 |
[10:41] | So, what if I do get held back? | 留级怎么了 |
[10:43] | Mom didn’t even graduate from high school, | 我妈妈高中都没毕业 |
[10:45] | And she’s doing great. | 她现在也很好啊 |
[10:46] | She deejays at the radisson on sundays, | 她周日在雷迪森酒店当DJ |
[10:48] | And she’s the head of the glove department at saks. | 她还是萨克斯第五大道百货手套区的主管 |
[10:50] | She said she can hook me up with a job there whenever. | 她说她在那儿帮我找个工作轻而易举 |
[10:52] | Department head. | 主管哦 |
[10:54] | She sells gloves out of a 4×4 counter next to the bathroom. | 其实她就是在卫生间旁边一个4*4平方米的小柜台卖手套 |
[10:56] | She’s a subdivision of hats and scarves. | 那只是个帽子围巾部的小分区 |
[10:59] | and she’s way more fun than you. | 她比你有意思多了 |
[11:01] | Uh, young lady, we’re in the middle of an experiment! | 喂 这位小姐 实验还没做完呢 |
[11:04] | Or have you forgotten about the teeth-heat trial in the oven? | 你忘了烤箱里的牙齿加热实验吗 |
[11:08] | Aw. | 噢 |
[11:11] | Ruined. | 完蛋了 |
[11:12] | What was the goal? | 本来应该是啥样 |
[11:14] | I hate always having to be the hard-ass. | 我也不想总扮黑脸啊 |
[11:16] | you know, nicole has so much potential, | 你知道吗 妮可很有潜力 |
[11:18] | But she won’t challenge herself | 但她就是不愿意挑战自己 |
[11:20] | Because sarah keeps telling her | 因为莎拉老是跟她说 |
[11:21] | She has some glove job waiting for her, | 她以后可以去卖手套 她都给她准备好了 |
[11:23] | Which, by the way, sarah doesn’t even need | 但其实她根本用不着卖手套啊 |
[11:25] | Because marvin pays her a ton of alimony. | 马文付给她一大笔赡养费 |
[11:28] | I wish that wasn’t even an option for nicole. | 妮可不能卖手套去 |
[11:31] | I wish she would think bigger | 她应该有更大的梦想 |
[11:32] | And realize there’s more out there. | 她应该知道她未来的可能性太多了 |
[11:36] | Thank you for letting me vent. | 谢谢你愿意听我吐槽 |
[11:37] | Absolutely. | 绝对挺你 |
[11:39] | that’s what I’m here for. | 我来这儿就是让你吐槽的嘛 |
[11:41] | Hey. Whoa. | 嘿 哇 |
[11:44] | Where — where did you get these? | 你 你从哪儿拿的 |
[12:02] | Well, second cousin susan hung up on me again. | 好吧 二表姐苏珊又把我电话挂了 |
[12:05] | I think we’ve exhausted our options. | 我觉得我们已经穷途末路了 |
[12:07] | You could pay the long distance. | 你可以打付费国际电话啊 |
[12:09] | Yeah, I think we’re out of options. | 对 确实穷途末路了 |
[12:11] | I finished my report on grandma. I’ve got great news. | 我的报告写完了 我有个特大好消息 |
[12:14] | I was looking through old photographs, | 我翻看了老照片 |
[12:15] | And I figured out how old she is. | 算出了奶奶的年龄 |
[12:17] | Well, spit it out, man. How old is she? | 快说啊 多少 |
[12:19] | Does she qualify for a jazzy chair? | 她够大吗 爵士电动轮椅能免费吗 |
[12:21] | She does. | 她年龄够了 |
[12:23] | hello? | 你好 |
[12:25] | You have received a collect call from… | 您有一通对方付费电话 |
[12:37] | Excuse me. Do you — | 打扰一下 你知道 |
[12:40] | Oh, there’s the bathroom. Never mind. | 啊 卫生间就在这儿 没事了 |
[12:45] | Hey, jessica, nice to see you. | 嗨 杰西卡 你来了 |
[12:47] | Who’s buying these gloves? Murderers? | 谁会买这副手套 杀手吗 |
[12:50] | They’re supposed to be putting the head on a snowman. | 这个动作是在给雪人装头 |
[12:55] | I see it now. | 我看出来了 |
[12:57] | So, what are you doing here? | 你来这儿有什么事 |
[12:58] | I wanted to talk to you about something. | 我想跟你聊一下 |
[13:00] | Sure. What’s up? | 好啊 怎么了 |
[13:02] | Somebody ripped out a bunch of seat protectors in there | 有人把里面的坐垫纸撕了 |
[13:04] | And threw them on the floor. | 还扔了一地 |
[13:06] | Okay, well, that’s not my department. | 哦 是吗 我不管这个 |
[13:09] | all right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:12] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[13:14] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[13:15] | For… | 你干什么了 |
[13:16] | I took care of your problem. | 我替你解决了问题 |
[13:18] | I got sarah fired. | 我让莎拉被开除了 |
[13:20] | Uh… | 呃 |
[13:25] | What do you mean you got sarah fired? | 你让莎拉被开除了是什么意思 |
[13:27] | You said you didn’t want her getting nicole | 你说你不想让妮可因为她 |
[13:29] | A job at saks to be an option, | 在萨克斯卖手套 |
[13:31] | And now…It’s not. | 现在 她卖不了了 |
[13:33] | What did you do? | 你干什么了 |
[13:35] | I went to sarah’s work, and I talked to her. | 我去了莎拉工作的地方 和她聊了会天 |
[13:37] | I explained to her how she’s putting you | 跟她说了她让你在妮可面前 |
[13:39] | In a difficult position with nicole, | 有多尴尬和不堪 |
[13:41] | Always having to be the hard-ass. | 老是被逼得扮黑脸 |
[13:43] | She did not agree. | 但她不这么觉得 |
[13:44] | She had a different version of events. | 她也有她的说法 |
[13:46] | So I listened to her patiently, said goodbye, | 所以我就耐心地听她说了说 和她告了别 |
[13:50] | Then I went and found her manager | 然后就去找了她的经理 |
[13:52] | And told him she was a racist. | 说她种族歧视 |
[13:54] | She said something racist to you? | 她跟你发表种族歧视言论了吗 |
[13:56] | No, of course not, but I told him she did. | 怎么可能 但我就这么说了 |
[13:59] | I said, “She refused to sell me gloves | 我说 她不卖我手套 |
[14:01] | Because her uncle fought in the war.” | 因为她叔叔参加了战争 |
[14:03] | What war? Whatever war. Doesn’t matter. | -什么战争 -管它呢 不重要 |
[14:06] | Jessica, when I said that thing about sarah and nicole, | 杰西卡 我跟你说的关于莎拉和妮可的事 |
[14:09] | I was just venting. | 都是吐槽的话 |
[14:11] | Exactly. I know. | 当然 我懂 |
[14:12] | Do you? | 真的吗 |
[14:14] | Yes. | 当然 |
[14:15] | Jessica? | 你确定 |
[14:16] | okay, fine. | 好吧好吧 |
[14:18] | I have no idea what you’re talking about! | 我不知道你什么意思 |
[14:19] | You keep using this word “Venting.” | 一直在说吐槽这个词 |
[14:21] | What does that even mean? | 吐槽是什么意思 |
[14:22] | If you didn’t know, why didn’t you ask? | 既然你不懂 为什么不问问我呢 |
[14:24] | Because sometimes I need our conversations | 因为有时候我想让咱们的谈话 |
[14:26] | To move along, honey. | 顺顺利利的啊 亲爱的 |
[14:27] | Do you know how long they would take | 要是我每次有哪个词不懂 |
[14:29] | If I had to stop you every time | 就打断你 |
[14:30] | I didn’t understand a word you used? | 那得浪费多少时间啊 |
[14:32] | “Venting,” “Closure,” “Clinique.” | “吐槽” “终结” “倩碧” |
[14:34] | “Venting” Means talking stuff out. | “吐槽”就是把心里憋着的话说出来 |
[14:36] | I just needed you to listen. I did. | -我只是想让你倾听我的感受 -我听了啊 |
[14:38] | I listened to your problem, | 我听你吐槽了 |
[14:39] | And then I, as a friend, help you to fix it. | 作为一个朋友 听完我还帮你解决的了问题 |
[14:42] | This is just gonna make things harder for me. | 但现在情况更糟了 |
[14:45] | I mean, god knows I don’t like sarah, | 我的意思是 我确确实实不喜欢莎拉 |
[14:46] | But I definitely didn’t want her to lose her job. | 但我绝对不希望她丢掉工作 |
[14:49] | I thought you said she didn’t even need that job. | 我还以为你说她不需要那份工作 |
[14:50] | Again, I was just venting. | 再说一遍 我只是在吐槽而已 |
[14:52] | I’m not even positive that’s true. | 我甚至不确定我说的是不是真的 |
[14:54] | So, venting is lying. | 那么说来吐槽这个词的意思是撒谎咯 |
[14:56] | And what about nicole? | 那妮可怎么办 |
[14:58] | She’s gonna hear about this | 她要是听说了这件事 |
[15:00] | And think that I asked you to do it. | 然后认为是我让你做的 |
[15:01] | So, you didn’t want me to do anything. No. | -如此说来 你不想让我做任何事情 -不想 |
[15:05] | You just wanted to talk it out. Right. | -你只是想抱怨一下 -是的 |
[15:08] | Because I was… Venting. | -因为我那时 -在吐槽 |
[15:10] | Yes. Okay. | 是的 好了 |
[15:12] | I get it now. | 现在我明白了 |
[15:13] | Oh, honey, don’t worry. | 哦 哈妮 别担心 |
[15:15] | We’re gonna fix this | 我们会处理好这件事情的 |
[15:16] | So you can put it all behind you and get…Clinique. | 所以你现在可以放下这件事情了 然后 去买倩碧 |
[15:20] | Close enough. | 很接近了 |
[15:22] | Next up, the great white shark attacks a seal, | 接下来 大白鲨攻击了一只海豹 |
[15:26] | Thrashing its prey around like a rag doll. | 像玩弄一只破烂的娃娃一样撕咬着它的猎物 |
[15:29] | Yo, the life of an actual rag doll | 哟 一只破烂娃娃的现实生活 |
[15:31] | Must be mad horrific. | 一定惊悚至极 |
[15:33] | Hey, mom, me and the boys | 嘿 妈妈 我和孩子们 |
[15:35] | Have some exciting news to share. | 要跟你分享一个激动人心的消息 |
[15:36] | We figured out how old you are. | 我们搞清楚你的年纪了 |
[15:38] | When I did a report on you… | 我在做一个关于你的报告 |
[15:40] | That was assigned to me… At school…By a teacher… | 这是在学校 由老师 分配给我的一项任务 |
[15:43] | I came across this old photo. | 我偶然看见了这张照片 |
[15:46] | That baby is you. | 这个孩子是你 |
[15:53] | You’re on page 11. I dog-eared it. | 你读到了第十一页 我折了角 |
[15:57] | Anyway, I went to the library | 话说回来 我去了趟图书馆 |
[15:59] | And did some research on the tractor manufacturer. | 查了些关于拖拉机制造商的资料 |
[16:02] | That particular model was only in production | 那个特殊的型号只被生产了 |
[16:04] | For one year before it was discontinued. | 一年 之后就停产了 |
[16:06] | That year was 1927. | 那年是1927年 |
[16:08] | So, grandma, you are 69 years old. | 所以 奶奶 你今年已经69岁了 |
[16:10] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:16] | This means that you can get | 这就意味着你可以 |
[16:18] | A motorized wheelchair for free! | 免费得到一辆电动轮椅 |
[16:20] | We’ll put some big old tires on it, | 我们要放上几个大轮胎在上面 |
[16:22] | Hit cocoa beach for spring break. | 在春假的时候去可可海滩玩 |
[16:32] | Oh, mom. | 算了吧 妈妈 |
[16:36] | Back off, gary. The fern is mine. | 走开 盖里 这个盆栽是我的 |
[16:39] | I brought it from home. | 我从家里带来的 |
[16:40] | Sarah, you’re not fired. | 莎拉 你没有被解雇 |
[16:41] | What? | 什么 |
[16:42] | The customer who filed the complaint | 那个投诉你的顾客 |
[16:44] | Against you confessed she made it up. | 承认她是污蔑你的 |
[16:46] | I’ll tell you what — | 我告诉你吧 |
[16:47] | There are some real wack-jobs out there. | 这世上有不少人是疯子 |
[16:49] | But we knew that when we signed up | 但我们进这行之前 |
[16:50] | For this crazy little game called retail. | 就要有这种心理准备了 |
[16:52] | I don’t get why anybody would do that. | 我不明白怎么会有人做这种缺德事 |
[16:54] | Mm, ask her. She’s right over there. | 嗯 去问她吧 她就在那里 |
[17:00] | You already stole my husband. | 你已经偷走我的丈夫 |
[17:01] | Now you’re trying to get me fired? | 现在你又害得我被解雇 |
[17:03] | Actually, it was me. | 事实上 是我干的 |
[17:05] | It was you? Yes, it was me. | -居然是你 -是的 是我 |
[17:07] | I went to your manager, I used your tears trick, | 我找了你们经理 然后用了你的眼泪绝技 |
[17:09] | And I got you fired. | 害的你被解雇了 |
[17:11] | You were right about “Milo and otis.” Very effective. | 关于《子猫物语》你说对了 非常有效 |
[17:14] | She only did it because she thought | 她这样做只是因为她觉得 |
[17:15] | She was helping me, but this isn’t what I wanted. | 是在帮我 但这并不是我的本意 |
[17:18] | I don’t want bad things for you. | 我不希望你发生什么不好的事情 |
[17:20] | Oh, you expect me to believe that? | 哦 你还指望我相信你吗 |
[17:22] | You blame me for your marriage with marvin falling apart, | 你怪我害得你和马文离婚 |
[17:24] | And I get that. | 这我理解 |
[17:25] | Don’t flatter yourself. | 别往自己脸上贴金了 |
[17:26] | Marvin and I had issues before you. | 在你出现之前我和马文之间就有问题 |
[17:28] | You’re the result of the problems in my marriage, | 你只不过是我们婚姻问题的产物罢了 |
[17:30] | Not the cause of them. | 才不是起因 |
[17:32] | Can I just ask one question? | 我能问一个问题吗 |
[17:34] | What is the appeal of marvin? | 马文有什么好的 |
[17:36] | What am I missing here? | 难道是我没有注意到什么吗 |
[17:39] | It’s not about marvin. Trust me. | 这和马文无关 相信我 |
[17:41] | He’s narcissistic, insensitive, | 他不仅自恋 不会照顾人 |
[17:43] | And he refuses to believe he’s losing his hearing. | 而且他还不相信他的听力越来越差了 |
[17:46] | You know how loud that man makes the tv? | 你知道那个男人把电视开的多大声吗 |
[17:48] | Oh, I guess we’re all watching “Mad about you.” | 哦 我猜我们大家都得跟着他《为你疯狂》 |
[17:51] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[17:52] | He’s actually none of those things — | 他才不是你说的那样的 |
[17:54] | Honey, I think she’s venting. | 哈妮 我觉得她只是在吐槽罢了 |
[17:57] | Marvin’s not the reason I’m so mean to you. | 我不是因为马文才对你如此刻薄的 |
[17:59] | It’s because of nicole. | 是因为妮可 |
[18:02] | I want her to like me more than she likes you, | 我希望她比起你更喜欢我 |
[18:04] | Which is why I let things like her science project slide. | 这也就是为什么我对她的科学项目睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[18:07] | As long as I’m always fun, | 只要我一直有趣 |
[18:09] | Nicole will want to spend time with me. | 妮可就会喜欢和我在一起 |
[18:11] | Sarah, she’ll want to spend time with you because you’re her mom. | 莎拉 她想要和你一起是因为你是她的妈妈 |
[18:14] | And I will never get in the way of that. | 我是永远不会破坏你们母女感情的 |
[18:16] | I appreciate you saying that. | 谢谢你能这样说 |
[18:21] | Honey! | 哈妮 |
[18:22] | It’s what you’ve been looking for — | 那是你一直在找的 |
[18:24] | Clinique. | 倩碧 |
[18:32] | Oh, hi. | 哦 你好 |
[18:33] | Can I help you folks with anything? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[18:34] | One new wheelchair for our grandma. | 给我们奶奶来一把新的轮椅 |
[18:37] | And this pimp cane, please. | 还有这只拐杖 谢谢 |
[18:38] | Uh, she qualifies for a free jazzy power chair. | 额 她有资格免费得到一台爵士电动轮椅 |
[18:41] | We don’t have a birth certificate for her, | 我们没有她的出生证明 |
[18:42] | But my son has proof that she’s over 65. | 但我儿子有证据证明她已经65岁以上了 |
[18:45] | If you look at this baby picture of her next to a tractor — | 你看这张她婴儿时期在拖拉机旁的照片 |
[18:47] | Oh, no. No need. | 哦 不 没有必要 |
[18:48] | I can tell just by looking at her she’s obviously old enough. | 我光看看她的脸就知道她已经够老了了 |
[18:51] | I’ll just, uh, get a polaroid of her face | 我就 额 拍一张她的照片 |
[18:54] | To send to the insurance company. | 送到保险公司 |
[18:55] | I’m sure they’ll approve the application. | 我相信他们会批准这个申请的 |
[18:57] | Say, “Cheese.” | 说 茄子 |
[19:06] | That’s a lot of words for “Cheese” But okay. | 这个”茄子”怎么那么多字啊 不过没关系 |
[19:12] | Oh. At least 65. | 哦 至少有65岁了 |
[19:16] | So, even though one of the blades is broken, | 尽管其中一个刀片坏掉了 |
[19:19] | My $3 blender still blends. | 但我三刀买来的搅拌机还是可以用的 |
[19:22] | I love pulse. Mm. | 我超喜欢搅拌 嗯 |
[19:23] | I’ll pulse anything — strawberry, ice cube, egg. | 我喜欢搅拌任何东西 草莓 冰块 鸡蛋 |
[19:28] | Hey, marvin. | 嘿 马文 |
[19:30] | Hi, sweetie. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[19:36] | Hello, jessica. | 嗨 杰西卡 |
[19:41] | Those teeth I borrowed were from his private collection. | 那些牙齿是我从他的私人珍藏里借来的 |
[19:43] | He has spent years gathering teeth | 他几年来一直收集那些 |
[19:45] | From powerful historical figures | 有权有势的历史人物的牙齿 |
[19:47] | To put together the perfect mouth. | 为了凑成一张完美的嘴 |
[19:49] | He calls it “Mouth brushmore.” | 他把它称为”名嘴山” |
[19:51] | i get why you like him now. | 我明白你为什么喜欢他了 |
[19:55] | Hi, honey. Hi, mrs. Huang. | 嗨 哈妮 嗨 黄太太 |
[19:57] | Maybe you and I can hang out tonight, | 你今晚可以跟我一起玩吗 |
[19:59] | Watch a movie or something? | 看场电影什么的 |
[20:00] | You have to do your math homework. | 你要做你的数学作业 |
[20:02] | Oh. I’m already done. Mom helped me finish it. | 哦 我做完了 妈妈帮我完成的 |
[20:04] | She said I had to before she dropped me off. | 她说在送我回来之前一定要做完 |
[20:07] | Oh. Uh, then, yeah, yeah, a movie sounds nice. | 哦 那么 好的 看电影听起来不错 |
[20:13] | Oh, this is a nice moment. | 哦 真温馨啊 |
[20:16] | After you’re done with it, | 看完电影之后 |
[20:18] | You might want to check that math homework. | 你最好去检查一下她的数学作业 |
[20:19] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. | 哦 当然 |
[20:34] | The lone hammerhead shark waits for the perfect moment | 这只独行的双髻鲨等待着绝佳时机 |
[20:37] | To strike its unsuspecting prey. | 去袭击它那毫不知情的猎物 |