时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Tiger Woods continued to overshadow the competition. | 泰格·伍兹持续盖过对手的风头 |
[00:03] | With his chip shot at the 8th hole. | 他第八洞打了个削球 |
[00:07] | The Masters. Nice. | 大师赛 真棒啊 |
[00:09] | Tiger Woods is dominating the field like a boss. | 泰格·伍兹主宰了整个赛场 |
[00:11] | He’s the freaking best. | 他简直全宇宙最棒 |
[00:13] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[00:14] | He’ll be the youngest player to ever win. | 他会是最年轻的夺冠选手 |
[00:16] | Exactly. | 那是自然 |
[00:17] | Which is why we can’t let Mom find out. | 所以我们决不能让妈妈知道 |
[00:19] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[00:20] | Tiger Woods is half-Asian. | 泰格·伍兹有一半亚裔血统 |
[00:22] | What? | 什么 |
[00:24] | He is? | 真的吗 |
[00:25] | I’ve never heard that before. | 我以前从没听说过 |
[00:26] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[00:27] | Nobody talks about it for some reason. | 出于某些原因从没人提起过 |
[00:29] | Wait, but why can’t we let Mom find out? | 等等 可是为什么不能让妈妈知道啊 |
[00:31] | “Why can’t we”… | 为什么不能 |
[00:33] | This guy wants to know | 这哥们想知道 |
[00:35] | why we can’t let Mom find out. | 为什么不能让妈妈知道 |
[00:36] | Psh. | 切 |
[00:37] | You know how Mom gets | 你知道如果妈妈看到 |
[00:38] | when she sees an Asian person succeed publicly. | 一位亚裔人士家喻户晓会变成什么样 |
[00:40] | Remember Kristi Yamaguchi? | 还记得克丽丝蒂·山口吗 |
[00:42] | Or Michael Chang? | 还有迈克尔·张 |
[00:43] | Or Connie Chung? | 或者康妮·钟 |
[00:47] | Tensions were high today | 今日波斯 尼 亚 赫兹 艾格 格文纳 |
[00:49] | in Bos-nie-ah Herz-egg-gov-ven-govenah. | 的局势剑拔弩张 |
[00:54] | Again. | 再来一次 |
[00:55] | By the time I could pronounce it, | 当我学会这个发音的时候 |
[00:56] | the war was over. | 战争都结束了 |
[00:57] | Mom can’t find out. | 老妈决不能知道 |
[00:59] | We have to keep this from her. | 我们得对她保密 |
[01:00] | Agreed. Nobody talks. | 同意 谁都不准说 |
[01:03] | I’m going over to Honey’s. | 我要去哈妮家了 |
[01:04] | Tiger Woods is half-Asian. | 泰格·伍兹有一半亚裔血统 |
[01:06] | He’s about to win the Masters. | 他马上就要赢得大师赛了 |
[01:07] | What’s this, now? | 什么情况 |
[01:09] | One of our own succeeding in the public eye? | 我们的同胞要取得举世瞩目的成就了 |
[01:13] | If you start punching yourself now, | 如果你现在开始给自己几拳 |
[01:15] | it’ll be easier for you when Mom leaves. | 那等会妈妈走之后你可能会比较好过 |
[01:17] | I’ll take that into consideration. | 我考虑考虑 |
[01:36] | Tensions were high as Tiger lined up | 当泰格瞄准最后一球的时候 |
[01:38] | this historic final shot of the Masters. | 所有人都为这历史性的一击而屏息凝神 |
[01:46] | Those are Tiger’s parents. | 那是泰格的父母 |
[01:48] | Tiger embraced his dad Earl, | 他拥抱了他爸爸厄尔 |
[01:49] | who he credits as instrumental | 他将爸爸视为 |
[01:51] | in his quest to become a champion. | 他夺得冠军的重要因素 |
[01:53] | Imagine how proud his parents must be. | 可以想象他父母得多骄傲啊 |
[01:55] | I know. | 就是说啊 |
[01:57] | You know, in a way, | 你知道吗 某种程度上 |
[01:58] | I feel like I could have raised Tiger Woods. | 我觉得自己可以胜任培养出泰格·伍兹这样的孩子 |
[01:59] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[02:00] | Because you see yourself in his Asian mother. | 因为你在他的亚裔母亲身上看到了自己的影子 |
[02:02] | No. | 不是 |
[02:03] | I see myself in Earl. | 我觉得自己像厄尔 |
[02:04] | He drove his son hard, | 他对儿子很严厉 |
[02:06] | and now Tiger is a champion. | 现在泰格成冠军了 |
[02:09] | That’s good parenting. | 教育得多好 |
[02:10] | Yeah, I see myself in him too. | 是啊 我也在他身上看到了自己 |
[02:12] | Yeah, well… | 嗯 其实… |
[02:14] | Earl is a disciplinarian like me. | 厄尔像我一样是个严厉的人 |
[02:16] | He pushed Tiger to greatness | 他督促泰格成就了大业 |
[02:18] | the way I push our boys to be the best. | 就像我严格要求我们的儿子要做到最好一样 |
[02:20] | If anything, you’re more like Kultida. | 非要说的话 你更像库提达 |
[02:23] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:24] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[02:25] | Tiger’s mother. The forgotten one. | 泰格的母亲 被人遗忘的那位 |
[02:29] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[02:31] | Now you want to talk about what I just said. | 现在你想聊聊我刚才说的话了 |
[02:34] | No. | 不 |
[02:38] | Hey, so, speaking of dishes, | 嘿 那么 说到盘子 |
[02:40] | when you say I’m like Kultida, | 当你说我像库提达的时候 |
[02:42] | – what exactly do you mean? – I knew it. | -你到底什么意思 -我就知道 |
[02:44] | Well, it’s just we both do our part to parent the boys. | 因为我们都在教育儿子这方面做了自己分内的事 |
[02:46] | Of course we do. | 当然了 |
[02:47] | All I’m saying is | 我说的是 |
[02:49] | that in the same way Earl and I share | 我和厄尔的教育方式相同 |
[02:51] | a strict and tough parenting philosophy, | 都是一种严格严厉的教育方式 |
[02:53] | you and Kultida are more relaxed and lenient | 而你和库提达的方式则更加轻松更加仁慈 |
[02:58] | and soft. | 而且更温柔 |
[02:59] | Well, I wouldn’t say “Soft.” | 我不喜欢”温柔”这个词 |
[03:00] | But it’s true. | 但确实是事实 |
[03:01] | Maybe I’m a little more permissive. | 可能我确实更好说话一点 |
[03:03] | Right. You’re Kultida. | 没错 你就是库提达 |
[03:05] | She’s got her big hat and sunglasses. | 她总是戴着大大的帽子和一副墨镜 |
[03:07] | She’s hanging back, passive, | 坐在后面 不太主动 |
[03:09] | quietly watching Earl run the show. | 安静地看着厄尔指点江山 |
[03:12] | You know I can’t pull of hats. | 你知道我戴不了帽子 |
[03:14] | They make my face look small. | 它们让我的脸看起来太小了 |
[03:15] | I’m more lenient than you because I choose to be. | 我比你更宽容是因为我选择这样做 |
[03:17] | My dad was a tough man, | 我爸很严厉 |
[03:18] | and I promised myself when I had kids, | 所以我对自己保证如果我有了孩子 |
[03:20] | I’d be different. | 我是不会那么严厉的 |
[03:21] | That’s wonderful. | 那你不是很棒棒 |
[03:22] | I can really see that. | 我确实看出来了 |
[03:23] | All I mean is that | 我的意思是说 |
[03:24] | Earl and I do a lot of the heavy lifting | 厄尔和我都会花很多精力督促孩子们 |
[03:26] | to push our children to succeed. | 让他们取得成功 |
[03:28] | And sometimes, kids don’t need that. | 但是有些时候 孩子们不需要那些督促 |
[03:29] | Sometimes, they need their parents to step back | 有时候 他们不需要父母插手 |
[03:31] | so they can find their own interests and talents, | 这样他们才能找到自己的兴趣和天分 |
[03:33] | because that’s also important for success. | 因为这些对于成功来说同样重要 |
[03:35] | That’s certainly a very Kultida way of thinking. | 这完全是库提达的思考方式 |
[03:38] | Just because I parent differently | 不能因为我的教育方法不一样 |
[03:39] | doesn’t mean it’s worse. | 就说我的方法不好 |
[03:40] | – I’m not saying it is. – Really? | -我可没这么说 -没有吗 |
[03:41] | Because it feels like what you’re saying | 因为感觉你的意思就是 |
[03:43] | is that, as a parent, | 作为一个家长 |
[03:44] | you’re hands on, effective, doing everything, | 你处处亲力亲为 成效可圈可点 |
[03:46] | and I’m hands off, in the background, | 而我只是袖手旁观 站在一边 |
[03:48] | doing nothing but wearing a hat. | 除了戴个帽子什么事都不上心 |
[03:49] | I wouldn’t say you do nothing, | 我没说你什么都没做 |
[03:51] | but that is a very good summary, Louis. | 但是你总结的不错 路易斯 |
[03:53] | Well put. | 说得好 |
[03:54] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[04:01] | Good morning, Abe Lincoln Middle Schoolers. | 早上好 亚伯·林肯中学的同学们 |
[04:03] | It’s Reba with your daily announcements. | 这里是芮巴为您带来的每日播报 |
[04:05] | The new beams are up in the library. | 图书馆安了新的房梁 |
[04:06] | And you may have noticed the molding is in place. | 可能你们也注意到了模具都已就位 |
[04:08] | Just waiting on the guys to paint the trim. | 就等着工人粉刷了 |
[04:11] | That’ll happen Thursday. | 这一切都将于本周四开工 |
[04:12] | Also, lunch today is burger bar. | 同时 今日的午餐来自汉堡吧 |
[04:15] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[04:17] | Look, man, we can’t have the same backpack. | 听着 哥们 我们不能背一样的背包 |
[04:19] | But this is my backpack. | 但这是我的背包啊 |
[04:20] | Fool, did you hear me? | 蠢货 你没听到我说话吗 |
[04:22] | Get a new b.P. Or we fight. | 要么换个新包要么单挑 |
[04:27] | Tiger Woods? That guy’s dope. | 泰格·伍兹 这货牛得很 |
[04:29] | He hit the green from the tee on a par 4. | 他用标准杆四杆把球从球座打到了草坪 |
[04:31] | I bet he gets so many girls. | 我打赌他有的是妹可以把 |
[04:33] | I love everything about Tiger. | 我爱泰格的一切 |
[04:34] | Especially that he’s an African-American dude | 尤其是他身为一个非裔美国人 |
[04:37] | dominating a sport full of white guys. | 却称霸一个满是白人的运动 |
[04:38] | Tiger’s also half-Asian. | 泰格还有一半亚裔血统 |
[04:40] | What? No, he’s not. | 什么 不可能 他没有 |
[04:42] | It’true. | 真的 |
[04:43] | His mom is Thai. | 他妈妈是泰国人 |
[04:44] | That’s the brim of her sun hat in background. | 背景里那个帽子的边边就是他妈妈的 |
[04:46] | None of us have ever heard that. | 我们都没听说过 |
[04:48] | And we know everything about him. | 而且他的事我们都知道 |
[04:50] | I’ve seen Tiger’s dad Earl, | 我见过泰格的爸爸厄尔 |
[04:51] | and he’s definitely African-American. | 他绝对是非裔美国人 |
[04:53] | Right. And his mom is Thai. | 对 而且他妈妈是泰国人 |
[04:55] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[05:00] | He’s half-Asian. | 他有一半亚裔血统 |
[05:01] | Half-Asian? | 一半亚裔血统 |
[05:03] | Are we talking Keanu? | 你是在说基努吗 |
[05:07] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:08] | I’ve been thinking about our conversation. | 我一直在想我们的谈话 |
[05:10] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:11] | And there’s an easy way | 有一个简单的方式 |
[05:12] | to put our different parenting styles to the test. | 可以测试一下咱们俩不同的教育方式 |
[05:15] | Let’s make a friendly bet on the golf course. | 我们打一次高尔夫课程的友谊之赌吧 |
[05:16] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[05:17] | – “Friendly” Means “Not for money.” – I’m listening. | -“友谊”的意思是不赌钱的 -接着说 |
[05:19] | You and I both have about the same level of golf skill. | 我们俩的高尔夫球技差不多 |
[05:21] | Well, passably competent. | 嗯 可以说是旗鼓相当 |
[05:22] | We each take one of the boys for two weeks | 我们分别选一个儿子教学两周 |
[05:25] | and help them learn golf. | 来帮他们学打高尔夫 |
[05:26] | Then the boys will play nine holes, | 然后让孩子们打九洞高尔夫 |
[05:27] | and whoever’s player wins, is the parenting champion. | 谁的孩子赢了 谁的教育方式就获胜 |
[05:30] | I’m going to win. | 我肯定会赢的 |
[05:32] | True greatness comes from the Earl/Jessica parenting philosophy, | 真正的伟大源于厄尔 杰西卡式教育理念 |
[05:35] | not from the Kultida/Louis one. | 而不是库提达·路易斯式教育理念 |
[05:37] | We’ll see. | 咱们走着瞧 |
[05:38] | Just two rules. | 只有两条规矩 |
[05:39] | We both have to use the same golf instructor | 我们要用同一个高尔夫教练 |
[05:41] | so no one has the advantage, | 从而双方优势相当 |
[05:42] | and Emery is out. | 而且埃默里不能参加 |
[05:43] | Oh, of course. He’s good at everything. | 哦 当然了 他样样都优秀 |
[05:45] | It wouldn’t be fair. | 这样再公平不过了 |
[05:46] | Well, that leaves Eddie and Evan. | 那么 就剩埃迪和埃文了 |
[05:48] | I’ll take Evan. He’s more moldable. | 我选埃文 他的可塑性更强 |
[05:50] | Great. | 好 |
[05:51] | And I’ll take Eddie, because he’s… | 那我选埃迪 因为他 |
[05:53] | well, he’s the only kid left. | 嗯 因为就剩下他了 |
[06:00] | Well, this is exactly what we didn’t want to happen. | 好吧 我们最不希望看到的事发生了 |
[06:03] | Thanks a lot, Evan. | 谢谢你全家啊 埃文 |
[06:04] | I was mad at myself too, | 我也对自己很生气 |
[06:05] | but look at these clothes. | 但是看看这些件衣服啊 |
[06:07] | They’re like my regular clothes | 简直就像为我量身打造的日常服饰 |
[06:09] | but with an athletic cut. | 除了是运动风的 |
[06:11] | This is gonna be great, right, guys? | 这次体验会非常棒的 对吗 大伙 |
[06:12] | We’ll work hard, but we’ll also have fun. | 我们既要付出辛苦 又要从中作乐 |
[06:15] | Fun? | 作乐 |
[06:16] | This isn’t a cartoon, Louis. | 这可不是动画片 路易斯 |
[06:17] | We’re not mermaids and reggae crabs | 我们不是小美人女和雷鬼蟹 |
[06:19] | singing at the bottom of the sea. | 在海底欢乐地唱着歌 |
[06:26] | Evan, this is your golf instructor, Phil. | 埃文 这是你的高尔夫教练 菲尔 |
[06:29] | His name is actually Phillip, | 他的名字其实是菲利普 |
[06:31] | but white people love to shorten their names. | 但是白人就是喜欢缩短名字 |
[06:34] | Thank you, Jess. | 谢谢你 杰西 |
[06:37] | Evan, this is your new instructor, Ted. | 埃文 这是你的新教练 泰德 |
[06:40] | I chose him because his name can’t be shortened. | 我选他因为他的名字不能再短了 |
[06:42] | I once played a round with Jimmy Carter. | 我曾和吉米·卡特打过一回 |
[06:44] | Hm. | 嗯 |
[06:45] | He’s gonna teach you the basics, | 他将教你一些基础技巧 |
[06:46] | and then Mommy’s gonna be here to push him to push you. | 然后妈妈要在这督促他来督促你 |
[06:49] | Great. I’m ready to learn. | 好 我准备好了 |
[06:51] | Okay, Evan. | 好的 埃文 |
[06:52] | Take this 5-iron. | 拿着这根五号铁杆 |
[06:53] | And I want you to hit this ball. | 我想让你打这颗球 |
[06:55] | I just want to get a sense of where you’re at. | 我只是想看看你能打到什么水平 |
[07:03] | True beginner. Got it. | 果然是新手 明白了 |
[07:04] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:06] | Ted, together, we are going to mold | 泰德 我们一起来打造他 |
[07:08] | this beginner lump of clay | 将这枚新手 |
[07:09] | into an excellent golfer. | 培养成一个优秀的高尔夫球手 |
[07:23] | Again | 再来 |
[07:24] | Again | 再来 |
[07:25] | Again | 再来 |
[07:37] | I’m sorry, Mommy. | 抱歉 妈咪 |
[07:38] | The clothes are for me, but maybe golf isn’t. | 衣服很适合我 但是高尔夫可能不太适合我 |
[07:41] | Nonsense. You just have to work harder. | 胡说 你只是需要更努力一些 |
[07:43] | Maybe you just need longer tees. I’ll go get them. | 可能你只是需要更长一些的球座 我去拿 |
[07:45] | Oh, so you can eat a Popsicle behind the pro shop? | 哦 所以你就能躲在专卖店后面吃冰棒了是吗 |
[07:47] | No way. | 没门 |
[07:48] | I’ll get them. | 我去拿 |
[07:52] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[07:54] | – Louis? – Oh, hey, Jessica. | -路易斯 -哦 嘿 杰西卡 |
[07:57] | You know, I think I was too quick to dismiss hats. | 给你讲 我觉得我有点过早否定帽子了 |
[07:59] | I don’t know if my face got bigger | 我不知道到底是我的脸变大了 |
[08:00] | or the hats got smaller, | 还是帽子变小了 |
[08:02] | but either way, | 不论如何 |
[08:03] | I’m wearing this bad boy out of the store. | 我都要戴着这酷酷的帽子出店去了 |
[08:05] | Okay. Where’s Eddie? | 好吧 埃迪呢 |
[08:06] | Oh, we’ve been practicing his fairway woods all morning, | 哦 我们整整一上午都在练习他的各种球道木杆 |
[08:09] | so I gave him a break. | 所以我让他休息一会 |
[08:10] | Oh, a break? | 哦 休息 |
[08:11] | That’s very Louis-Kultida. | 这很路易斯·库提达 |
[08:13] | No breaks for Evan. | 埃文可不能休息 |
[08:16] | I see you’ve got the extra-long tees there. | 我看你拿了加长球座啊 |
[08:20] | Well, I suppose to a tiny face, | 我猜对于一张迷你脸型来说 |
[08:22] | all tees look extra long. | 所有球座都是加长型的 |
[08:40] | Hi, do you have a minute to talk about Tiger Woods? | 嗨 你有没有空聊聊泰格·伍兹 |
[08:42] | Sorry, got to run. | 不好意思 我有急事 |
[08:44] | Hey, do you have a minute to… no? | 嘿 你有没有时间 没有吗 |
[08:46] | Excuse me, can I… | 打扰了 我能 |
[08:47] | Principal Hunter, can I talk to you about… | 亨特校长 我能和您聊聊 |
[08:50] | I already donated at work. | 我上班的时候已经捐款了 |
[08:54] | Good morning, Abe Lincoln Middle Schoolers. | 上午好 亚伯·林肯中学的同学们 |
[08:57] | It’s Reba with the daily announcements. | 这里是芮巴为您带来的每日播报 |
[08:59] | Library trim is painted… periwinkle. | 图书馆的装饰已经画上了 长春花 |
[09:01] | Odd choice. | 真是奇怪的选择 |
[09:02] | Lunch today is pepperoni pizza, | 今日午餐是意大利辣香肠比萨 |
[09:04] | the best kind of pizza. | 最好吃的一种比萨 |
[09:05] | She’s right. Pepperoni is the best. | 她说的没错 意大利辣香肠确实是最好的 |
[09:16] | – Hey, Reba. – Hi, Emery. | -嘿 芮巴 -嗨 埃默里 |
[09:17] | How’s Eddie? | 埃迪还好吗 |
[09:18] | Is he still with that girl… | 他还和那个女生在一起吗 |
[09:19] | Pretty, smells like strawberries? | 那个漂亮 闻起来像草莓的女孩 |
[09:21] | Alison? Yeah. | 艾莉森吗 对啊 |
[09:22] | It’s been, like, a year. They seem good. | 他俩在一起有一年了 感情挺好的 |
[09:24] | Whatever. What’s up? | 无所谓 有什么事 |
[09:26] | I was wondering if I could us the P.A. System | 我能不能用一下广播 |
[09:28] | to make an announcement. | 来发表一个声明 |
[09:29] | Everyone is forced to listen to | 每个人每天都被迫听 |
[09:30] | your construction and lunch updates every day. | 你的建筑资讯和午餐更新 |
[09:32] | So it might be a good way to get my message out. | 所以这没准是个把我的消息传出去的好办法 |
[09:34] | Forced to listen to me? | 被迫听 |
[09:36] | People love my construction updates. | 大家都喜欢我的建筑资讯更新 |
[09:38] | – They’re important. – Totally. | -那很重要 -完全没错 |
[09:40] | My thing’s important too. | 我的事也很重要 |
[09:41] | It’s about Tiger Woods. | 是关于泰格·伍兹的 |
[09:42] | The golfer? | 那个高尔夫球手吗 |
[09:44] | Listen, bud. | 你听好 少年 |
[09:45] | You think I just let anyone say whatever they want into the p.A.? | 你觉得我会让任何人在广播里想讲什么讲什么吗 |
[09:48] | If you just listen to this Tiger thing. | 如果你能听一下这个关于泰格的事 |
[09:50] | Sorry, I loved to help you out but I’m swamped. | 不好意思 我很愿意帮你 但是我现在很忙 |
[09:52] | I don’t have time. | 我没时间 |
[09:56] | You don’t quit, do you? | 你不轻易言弃啊 对吗 |
[09:58] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:59] | Meet me in the newsroom. | 来新闻室跟我碰面 |
[10:00] | We have a newsroom? | 我们还有新闻室吗 |
[10:01] | Classroom 2b. | 2b教室 |
[10:03] | We share it with yearbook. | 我们跟年鉴共享一室 |
[10:04] | Ugh. | 恶心 |
[10:05] | Bring Eddie. | 把埃迪带来 |
[10:06] | No, don’t. | 不 别带 |
[10:07] | It’s not worth it if I can’t focus on him. | 要是我不能集中注意力在他身上就不值了 |
[10:16] | Louis, I’ve been thinking. | 路易斯 我在想 |
[10:17] | I’m worried I have too big an advantage | 我担心在我们的赌注里 |
[10:20] | in our bet. | 我占太大便宜了 |
[10:22] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[10:23] | Well, not only do I have the more teachable son, | 我不光有可塑性更强的儿子 |
[10:26] | I also have the superior parenting philosophy, | 我还有一套高级的教育哲学 |
[10:29] | so I was thinking that, as a favor to you, | 所以我在想 当帮你个忙 |
[10:32] | we could swap Eddie and Evan. | 我们可以互换埃迪和埃文 |
[10:35] | Sure, I’ll swap. | 好啊 换就换 |
[10:37] | I believe in my methods. I can win with either son. | 我对我的方法有信心 无论哪个儿子我都能赢 |
[10:39] | I don’t think so, Louis. | 我可不这么想 路易斯 |
[10:41] | You just took the dud. | 你刚要了个草包 |
[10:42] | Earl has other kids who aren’t great golfers. | 厄尔的其他孩子也有不是优秀的高尔夫球手的 |
[10:45] | Sometimes, you get a dud. | 有时候 你只能得到草包 |
[10:46] | I love my dud son, but he can’t win. | 我爱我的草包儿子 但是他赢不了 |
[10:48] | I think I’ll be fine. | 我觉得我没问题 |
[10:50] | Louis-Kultida know what they’re doing, after all. | 毕竟路易斯·库提达很清楚自己在做什么 |
[10:52] | Evan, you’re golfing with Daddy now. | 埃文 你现在跟着爸爸打高尔夫了 |
[10:54] | I’m training Eddie. | 我要训练埃迪 |
[10:56] | It’s nothing personal. | 不是针对你 |
[10:57] | I just need to win, | 我只是需要赢 |
[10:58] | and I think he gives me the best chance. | 我觉得他的赢面大一点 |
[11:00] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[11:01] | Well, thank you for everything. | 谢谢你为我做的一切 |
[11:03] | It’s been wonderful working with you. | 与你合作很愉快 |
[11:04] | And I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna pray for seven plagues to befall your house. | 我要诅咒七重灾祸降临到你头上 |
[11:10] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没什么 |
[11:12] | Enjoy your time with your first-born son. | 去跟你的长子玩得开心点 |
[11:18] | I can’t believe you’re making me do this before school. | 我不敢相信你居然逼着我上学前来这里 |
[11:21] | This is way less fun than with Dad. | 这跟和老爸在一起比真没意思 |
[11:23] | He always lets me get Cinnabon. | 他总是让我吃肉桂卷 |
[11:25] | Yes, I noticed the frosting on the club handles. | 是啊 我注意到俱乐部门把手上的糖霜了 |
[11:28] | Oh, hey, Eddie. | 哦 嘿 埃迪 |
[11:29] | Where’s your dad? | 你爸爸呢 |
[11:30] | No Cinnabon? | 没吃肉桂卷吗 |
[11:31] | I am molding Eddie now. | 现在由我来塑造埃迪 |
[11:34] | He’s less obedient than Evan, so we get to be tougher. | 他没有埃文那么听话 所以我们得更严加管教 |
[12:09] | He’s getting worse. | 他打得越来越差了 |
[12:10] | I can’t swing because my arms are sore | 我挥不动杆是因为 |
[12:12] | from all those extra weights you made me lift. | 你让我做了那么多举重手臂太酸了 |
[12:14] | I told you, you can’t follow an arm day | 我告诉过你 你不能让他 |
[12:15] | with an arm day. | 连着练手臂 |
[12:19] | Welcome back, Phil. | 欢迎回来 菲尔 |
[12:20] | Thank you, Jessica. | 谢谢 杰西卡 |
[12:28] | What’s all this? | 这是什么 |
[12:29] | We went to putt-putt earlier, | 我们早些时候去了迷你高尔夫球场 |
[12:31] | and Evan loved it so much, | 埃文很喜欢 |
[12:32] | he wanted to keep playing when we got home, | 他想等我们回家以后也接着练 |
[12:33] | so I set this up. | 所以我就装了这些 |
[12:34] | He’s pretty good. | 他打得不错 |
[12:39] | Remember me? | 还记得我吗 |
[12:42] | We hadn’t gotten to putting yet. | 我们还没开始练习轻击呢 |
[12:44] | We’re feeling good about the showdown tomorrow. | 对于明天的决胜我们有很好的预感 |
[12:45] | I nicknamed Evan “The Little Kitchen” | 我给埃文的绰号是”小厨房” |
[12:47] | because he always sinks it. | 因为他总是下沉[击球入洞] |
[12:52] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[12:55] | Am I the ineffective parent? | 我是那个没用的家长吗 |
[13:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:05] | I brought tissues to dry your tears, | 我带来了纸巾来帮你擦眼泪 |
[13:08] | ’cause you’re gonna lose. | 因为你要输啦 |
[13:09] | You’re a better parent than me. | 你的家长做得比我好 |
[13:11] | Oh. | 哦 |
[13:13] | You’re really upset about this. | 你真的在为这事难过 |
[13:14] | I ruined two kids in two weeks. | 我两周内毁了两个孩子 |
[13:17] | I thought my pushing brought out the best in them, | 我本以为我的严格督促会激发他们最棒的一面 |
[13:19] | but I’ve been holding them back. | 但我一直拖他们的后腿了 |
[13:22] | I failed and you’ve succeeded. | 我失败了 你成功了 |
[13:25] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[13:26] | Parenting isn’t all or nothing. | 教育不是极端的 |
[13:28] | That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. | 这是我一直想告诉你的 |
[13:30] | We share equal roles. | 我们的份量相同 |
[13:31] | The boys are who they are because of the both of us. | 孩子们的成长源于我们两个人 |
[13:33] | No. | 不 |
[13:34] | If our bet proves anything, | 如果我们的打赌证明了什么 |
[13:35] | it’s that your parenting philosophy works | 那就是你的教育哲学有用 |
[13:37] | and mine doesn’t. | 而我的没用 |
[13:38] | Who cares about the bet? | 谁在乎打赌的事 |
[13:39] | It was just supposed to be for fun. | 本来只是为了好玩的 |
[13:41] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:42] | The bet is off. | 打赌取消了 |
[13:43] | I’d rather we just have a nice family day | 我宁可我们明天在俱乐部 |
[13:45] | at the club tomorrow. | 度过一个美好的家庭日 |
[13:46] | We’ll all play nine holes. | 我们一起玩九洞高尔夫 |
[13:47] | – We won’t even keep score. – Fine. | -我们不用计分 -好吧 |
[13:49] | But you still win. | 但你还是赢了 |
[13:50] | There’s no winner in parenting. | 在教育上没有赢家 |
[13:54] | But if you see a gold wrestling belt | 但如果你看到了我们衣柜里的 |
[13:55] | in our closet | 一个摔跤金腰带 |
[13:56] | that says “Parent-mania Champion,” | 上面写着”教育冠军” |
[13:58] | just know I had it made before this conversation. | 你要知道那是我在这场谈话发生前做的 |
[14:03] | Mr. Dekro and Ms. Summers are having an affair? | 德克罗先生和萨默斯小姐在热恋中 |
[14:06] | This isn’t news, Cory. | 这不是新闻 科里 |
[14:08] | This is the worst-kept secret in Orlando. | 这是奥兰多人尽皆知的秘密 |
[14:10] | Find something else. | 去找点别的料来 |
[14:13] | Hey, Reba. Thanks for meeting me. | 嘿 芮巴 谢谢你见我 |
[14:14] | – I only need five minutes. – You got two. | -我只需要五分钟 -给你两分钟 |
[14:17] | So, I recently learned | 所以 我最近得知 |
[14:18] | – that Tiger Woods is part Asian. – No way. | -泰格·伍兹有亚裔血统 -没门 |
[14:20] | If that was true, | 如果那是真的 |
[14:21] | people would be talking about it. | 大家都会谈论这事的 |
[14:23] | Well, people aren’t. | 大家都没有 |
[14:24] | That’s why I have to. | 这就是为什么我必须这么做 |
[14:25] | I pulled a few articles | 我找了几篇文章 |
[14:27] | where they only refer to Tiger as | 在里面他们只把泰格称为 |
[14:28] | an African-American golfer. | 非裔美国高尔夫球手 |
[14:30] | Nice file folder. | 文件夹不错 |
[14:31] | Mead Five-Star in teal… | 美得牌五星 蓝绿色 |
[14:33] | Solid choice. | 眼光很好 |
[14:35] | Anyway, after Tiger got his green jacket | 总而言之 在泰格赢下大师赛 |
[14:37] | for winning the Masters, | 夺得绿夹克以后 |
[14:38] | even his dad Earl said, | 就连他爸爸厄尔都说 |
[14:40] | “Green and black go well together.” | 绿色和黑色很配 |
[14:42] | No mention of his Asian half. | 根本没提到他的亚裔血统 |
[14:43] | It’s almost like him being Asian | 就好像他是个亚裔 |
[14:45] | makes the story less meaningful for some reason. | 不知为何会让整个故事失去色彩一样 |
[14:47] | I’m not trying to take anything away | 我不是要否定 |
[14:49] | from Tiger’s African-American side, | 泰格的非裔美国人血统 |
[14:51] | but I just want kids to know about his Asian side. | 但是我只是想让孩子们知道他的亚裔血统 |
[14:53] | Tiger’s a superstar. | 泰格是个巨星 |
[14:55] | And we should get to take pride in it too. | 我们也应该为他感到骄傲 |
[14:58] | It’s not opening tomorrow. | 明天不开放 |
[15:00] | It’s not opening tomorrow? | 明天不开放 |
[15:01] | But the reno’s completed. | 但是翻修已经完成了 |
[15:02] | They painted the trim. | 他们粉刷了装饰 |
[15:04] | Sorry, I need to get into this library debacle ASAP. | 对不起 我现在得紧急处理图书馆事件 |
[15:07] | Just take a look when you can. | 只要你有空的时候看看就行 |
[15:28] | Oh, he’s good again. | 他又打得好了 |
[15:29] | Must be that Cinnabon you gave him this morning. | 一定是因为你早上给他的肉桂卷 |
[15:32] | Actually, ‘bon’s wearing off. | 实际上 那卷没什么吸引力了 |
[15:34] | I could go for a little something else. | 我可以要点别的 |
[15:36] | I saw the clubhouse had Mexican egg rolls. | 我看见俱乐部里有墨西哥鸡蛋卷 |
[15:39] | Don’t ask me. | 别问我要 |
[15:40] | Whatever your father says. | 你爸爸说什么就是什么 |
[15:42] | I have no opinion. | 我完全没意见 |
[15:43] | I hate seeing you like this, Mommy, | 我不喜欢看你这样 妈咪 |
[15:45] | but it is a testament to the power of prayer. | 但这是对诅咒能力的一种考验 |
[15:48] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[15:49] | I’m excited to try a Mexican egg roll. | 我很期待尝尝墨西哥鸡蛋卷 |
[15:51] | I’ll go get us… one to split four ways? | 我去给我们买一个 分成四份怎么样 |
[15:54] | No, let’s just get a platter. | 不 我们直接来个大盘吧 |
[16:00] | I don’t know about you guys, | 我不知道你们怎么想的 |
[16:01] | but I can get into bummed-out Mom. | 但我还挺喜欢这个不管事的妈妈的 |
[16:15] | It can’t be. | 不可能 |
[16:23] | Kultida Woods? | 库提达·伍兹 |
[16:26] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[16:27] | No, but I know you. | 不 但我认识你 |
[16:30] | I can’t believe you’re here. | 我不敢相信你在这 |
[16:32] | It must be fate. | 一定是命运安排 |
[16:33] | I like to come to this club when I’m in this area. | 我来这一带的时候就喜欢到这个俱乐部里来 |
[16:36] | Best Cobb salad in Florida. | 这里有佛罗里达最棒的科布沙拉 |
[16:39] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[16:41] | Oh, my friend make them. | 哦 我的朋友做的帽子 |
[16:42] | You cannot buy them. | 你买不到的 |
[16:44] | No, your hat is beautiful, but it’s not about that. | 不是 你的帽子很漂亮 但我不是问这个 |
[16:49] | What is the secret to Earl’s success? | 厄尔成功的秘诀是什么 |
[16:51] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[16:53] | My husband and I had a bet, | 我的丈夫和我打了个赌 |
[16:54] | and I pushed my sons the way Earl pushed Tiger, | 我就像厄尔督促泰格一样督促我的儿子们 |
[16:57] | but the harder I drove them, the worse they got. | 但是我管得越严 他们表现越差 |
[17:00] | My husband took a softer approach, | 我丈夫用温柔方法 |
[17:03] | like you do, | 就像你一样 |
[17:04] | and he was more effective. | 而他更有效果 |
[17:07] | I do not take soft approach. | 我没有用温柔方法 |
[17:09] | A mother begins her child’s life | 一个妈妈将孩子推进这个世界的时候 |
[17:10] | when she pushes them into the world, | 给予了他们生命 |
[17:12] | and she never stops. | 而她从未停止 |
[17:14] | Two-minute labors, all three of them… | 两分钟的生产过程 他们三个都是 |
[17:16] | That’s how hard I push. | 这就是我有多用力了 |
[17:17] | They need that to succeed. | 他们需要这样才能成功 |
[17:19] | Discipline does not always have immediate results. | 纪律不总是能得到即时的结果 |
[17:22] | Sometimes, it even look like failing, | 有时候 甚至看上去会是失败 |
[17:24] | but it lay a strong foundation. | 但是会筑成一个强大的根基 |
[17:27] | Without that, the house would crumble. | 没有了它 房屋就会倒塌 |
[17:31] | That’s how you built the house of Tiger. | 这就是你如何打造出泰格这个人才的 |
[17:38] | Some work is behind the scenes. | 有些工作注定在幕后 |
[17:40] | You cannot watch your child shine | 当聚光灯就在你眼中的时候 |
[17:43] | when the spotlight is in your eye. | 你是无法看到你的孩子闪光的 |
[17:45] | So, I was right about my parenting style all along. | 所以我的教育方式一直没错 |
[17:50] | The only thing I was wrong about | 我只错在 |
[17:51] | was being the Earl, | 想要做厄尔 |
[17:52] | when I am the Kultida. | 但我是库提达 |
[17:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:59] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[18:10] | Hey. Where’s the platter at? | 嘿 盘子呢 |
[18:11] | No platter. Back to hole one. | 没有盘子 回到一号洞 |
[18:13] | We’re doing it again. | 我们从头再来 |
[18:15] | But we just played nine holes with Dad. | 但是我们刚刚和爸爸玩了九洞高尔夫 |
[18:17] | He knows how to have fun and still helps us be good. | 他知道怎样在好玩的同时帮我们提高 |
[18:20] | That’s true, | 没错 |
[18:21] | but you’re also good because of me, | 但是你们提高也是因为我 |
[18:21] | which is why we’re doing it again. | 这就是为什么我们要再来一次 |
[18:23] | And this time, we are keeping score, | 这一次 我们要计分 |
[18:25] | because life keeps score. | 因为生活也在计分 |
[18:30] | You heard your mom. Get back out there. | 你们听到你们妈妈的话了 回去吧 |
[18:35] | Hey, what happened on your way to get that platter? | 嘿 你去拿盘子回来的路上发生了什么 |
[18:38] | I saw a hat. | 我看见了一顶帽子 |
[18:41] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[18:48] | I actually love this. | 我挺喜欢这个的 |
[18:49] | You look like Andy Garc. | 你看上去像安迪·加西亚[影星] |
[18:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:59] | Who was that you were talking to earlier? | 你刚刚跟谁说话呢 |
[19:01] | Oh, another lady mistook me for Kultida Woods. | 哦 又一个把我错认成库提达·伍兹的女人 |
[19:04] | Happens every time I come to a golf course. | 每次我去高尔夫球课的时候都会遇见 |
[19:07] | Moms are all over me. | 妈妈们总是缠着我 |
[19:09] | Oh, Norma, why don’t you just tell them the truth? | 哦 诺玛 你为什么不直接告诉她们事实 |
[19:12] | Eh. | 哎 |
[19:13] | It’s easier just to play along. | 顺着她们走更容易 |
[19:15] | And you know? | 你知道吗 |
[19:16] | I think I really help them. | 我觉得我真的帮到她们了 |
[19:19] | Earl Woods. | 厄尔·伍兹 |
[19:20] | It’s fate. | 这是命运啊 |
[19:23] | It got to stop coming here. | 我以后再也不来了 |
[19:28] | Reba wants you to meet her in the AV room, now. | 芮巴要你去影音室见她 就现在 |
[19:33] | I looked at your file. | 我看了你的文件 |
[19:34] | This is big. | 事关重大 |
[19:36] | Tiger Woods is half-Asian. | 泰格·伍兹有一半亚裔血统 |
[19:37] | Yes, that’s literally what I’ve been saying. | 是啊 那不就是我一直在说的吗 |
[19:40] | I decided to give you the P.A. Mic. | 我决定给你用广播麦克 |
[19:42] | We’re gonna blow this thing wide open. | 我们要把这件事揭露出来 |
[19:44] | But listen, when I hit that button, | 但是你听好 一旦我按下这个按钮 |
[19:46] | they can’t un-hear any of it. | 他们就会听见全部 |
[19:48] | Yeah, okay. | 是啊 |
[19:49] | That’s the point. | 那就是重点啊 |
[19:50] | I want them to hear this. | 我想让他们听到 |
[19:52] | I mean, you’re talking about bringing down | 我是说 你说的可是把世上最伟大的高尔夫球手 |
[19:54] | the greatest golfer in the world. | 给拉下马啊 |
[19:55] | We’re not talking about bringing him down. | 我们不是要把他拉下马 |
[19:58] | We’re just saying he’s half-Asian. | 只是说他有一半亚裔血统 |
[20:05] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[20:17] | Good morning, this is Emery Huang. | 早上好 我是埃默里·黄 |
[20:19] | And I’d like to talk to you about Tiger Woods, | 我想要谈谈泰格·伍兹 |
[20:21] | a great golfer we all admire. | 一个伟大的备受敬仰的高尔夫球手 |
[20:24] | We all know about his dad, Earl, | 我们都知道他的爸爸 厄尔 |
[20:26] | but I want to tell you all about his mom, Kultida, | 但是我想给你讲讲他的妈妈 库提达 |
[20:29] | who is from Thailand. | 她来自泰国 |
[20:30] | Historic. | 历史性的一刻 |
[20:32] | This is not to take away from Tiger’s African-American side, | 这不是要否认泰格的非裔美国人血统 |
[20:36] | but to paint a complete picture | 而是描绘一幅全面的画像 |
[20:38] | so all Asian kids out there can see themselves in him… | 这样全部的亚洲孩子就可以在他身上看到自己的影子 |
[20:41] | Fight, fight, fight! …and make his success their own. | -单挑 单挑 单挑 -创造出属于自己的成功 |
[20:44] | I told you to get a new backpack. | 我警告过你去弄个新背包 |
[20:46] | This is my backpack! | 这就是我的背包 |
[20:47] | I got it for my birthday! | 是我的生日礼物 |