时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Eighth grade done, son. I made it. | 8年级结束了 小爷我成功毕业啦 |
[00:19] | Can you do that again for the camera? | 你能再对着摄像机再做一遍吗? |
[00:21] | No, man. | 才不要 |
[00:22] | And put that away. | 快把它拿开 |
[00:23] | The graduation ceremony is over. | 毕业典礼已经结束了 |
[00:25] | The end of another school year. | 一个学年又结束了 |
[00:27] | I’m have to say, | 我必须得承认 |
[00:28] | I’m starting to think moving to Orlando was a good idea. | 我开始觉得搬到奥兰多是不错的选择了 |
[00:31] | We’ve been here for three years. | 我们都在这住了3年了 |
[00:32] | Eddie finished middle school… | 埃迪中学毕业了… |
[00:34] | It’s been a long haul | 自入学的那个周三以来 |
[00:35] | since starting on that Wednesday. | 这真是一段漫长艰难的时光啊 |
[00:37] | Cattleman’s is going great… | 我们的牛排店也运营的不错… |
[00:38] | Well, pretty soon Golden Saddle | 我相信金鞍餐厅很快就要抄袭 |
[00:39] | will be copying me copying them. | 我们从他们那偷来的创意了 |
[00:41] | …and I just got my biggest listing yet… | …而且我接了目前为止最大的一单… |
[00:43] | a house in Gulf Mist estates. | 一栋海雾湾房产的房子 |
[00:45] | That fancy gated community? | 就是那个有酷炫大门的社区吗? |
[00:47] | – Damn, woman. – right? | – 厉害了 我的妻 – 对吧? |
[00:48] | We should celebrate. | 我们应该要好好庆祝一番 |
[00:50] | Turn on the A.C. | 去把空调打开 |
[00:52] | Yes. O-oh! | 太棒了! |
[00:54] | We’re doing it, Jessica… | 杰西卡 我们小日子也开始滋润了.. |
[00:55] | We’re living the American dream, | 我们现在就是活在美国梦里啊 |
[00:57] | just like… the landlord! | 就像是… 房主来了! |
[00:59] | Quick, hide your grandmother! | 快 把你们奶奶藏起来! |
[01:00] | You still haven’t added her to the lease? | 你还是没把她名字加到租赁合同上吗? |
[01:02] | No, it’s 100 extra bucks a month. | 当然没有 每月要多付一百美金呢 |
[01:04] | Are you gonna pay it? | 你付啊? |
[01:05] | Move, move! Put her in the pantry! | 快! 快! 把她推到储食室去! |
[01:06] | Go, go, go, go! | 赶紧的! 去! 去! |
[01:15] | 轴&特效: 小恐龙 \h 兜兜酱 | |
[01:25] | Another debate team victory. | 辩论赛又一次取得了胜利! |
[01:27] | I still haven’t heard one good reason | 关乎我们为什么不应该有死刑的论点 |
[01:28] | why we shouldn’t have capital punishment. | 我还是连一条稍微好点的理由都没听到 |
[01:31] | You’ll never sell me on the electric chair. | 你永远都不会把我送到电椅上的 |
[01:33] | That power bill must be so high. | 不然电费一定很贵 |
[01:36] | I have to make a quick stop to meet my new client. | 我要顺便去见一下我的新客户 |
[01:38] | By all means, by all means. | 那是自然哒 |
[01:40] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[01:42] | This place looks nice. | 这地方看起来不错啊 |
[01:43] | – Eddie Murphy’s mistress lives here. – Oh. | – 艾迪·墨菲的情妇就住这 – 哦 |
[01:47] | We’ve had a lot of trouble trying to sell this place. | 为了卖这房子 我们花了不少精力啊 |
[01:50] | It’s a tough market for high-end real estate. | 现在高档房的市场很不景气啊 |
[01:52] | I’ll still find you a buyer. | 我还是会给你找到个买家的 |
[01:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | I like your debate blazer. | 我喜欢你的辩论队队服 |
[01:57] | The gold buttons | 这种金扣子 |
[01:57] | whisper power instead of shouting it. | 低调地表现出了权利的气息 |
[01:59] | It’s actually my everyday blazer. | 这实际上是我的日常校服 |
[02:01] | I go to St. Orlando’s Prep. | 我在圣奥兰多预备学校上课 |
[02:03] | Private school… do you love it? | 私立学校… 你喜欢吗? |
[02:05] | I bet you love it. | 我猜你肯定很喜欢 |
[02:06] | I love it. | 我超爱的 |
[02:08] | Every two years, | 每隔两年 |
[02:09] | they refresh all of the library books | 学校就会把所有图书馆的书遍更新一遍 |
[02:11] | so the pages are always crisp. | 以便让书页一直保持崭新靓丽 |
[02:13] | Girl. | 妹子 天哪噜 |
[02:14] | For real. | 是真的 |
[02:15] | My mom’s a librarian there. | 我妈是那的图书管理员 |
[02:16] | Did I mention they give us briefcases? | 我有跟你提过学校还给我们发公文包吗? |
[02:19] | They have uniforms and amazing debate team, | 他们有统一的制服 辩论队超一流 |
[02:22] | a science lab this is an actual lab. | 还有一个真正用来做实验的科学实验室 |
[02:24] | They even line up for the water fountain, | 他们甚至连在饮水机前喝水都会排队 |
[02:25] | Unlike the savages at my school. | 不像我们我们学校的那些野蛮人 |
[02:33] | Can I please go to St. Orlando’s next year, mommy? | 妈咪 我明年能去圣奥兰多上学吗? |
[02:35] | “saint”? Sounds expensive. | “圣”这个字听着就很贵 |
[02:37] | But I really want to be with a higher echelon of people. | 但是我想和高阶层的小朋友一起嘛 |
[02:40] | Did you just learn the world “echelon”? | “阶层”这个词是你刚学的吗? |
[02:42] | Yes, and I would have learned it sooner | 对 但如果我去圣奥兰多上学 |
[02:44] | if I went to St. Orlando’s. | 肯定早就学会了 |
[02:45] | Private school is a waste of money. | 私立学校整个就是浪费钱 |
[02:47] | It’s for parents who outsource their discipline. | 那些懒得管小孩的家长就把他们的孩子丢到私立学校 |
[02:48] | But the private-school kids call each other “chum”! | 但私立学校的孩子们都称对方为”密友”! |
[02:51] | I don’t need to pay people to push you guys to succeed. | 我才不需要花钱请人来促使你们三兄弟成功 |
[02:54] | I already do that myself. | 这活我自己就干了 |
[02:56] | The Menendez brothers went to private school, | 梅嫩德斯兄弟(美国著名弑亲案主角)也去的是私立学校 |
[02:58] | and look what happened to them. | 看看他们下场怎么样? |
[03:00] | Who are they? | 他们是谁? |
[03:01] | Doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[03:02] | The important thing is | 重要的是 |
[03:04] | they didn’t get away with it. | 他们最后都没有成功逃脱 |
[03:09] | Check out my new weapon | 看看我的新武器… |
[03:10] | against the scourge of dead palm fronds… | 用来对付枯死的棕榈树叶子的… |
[03:13] | my telescopic pruner. | 可伸缩修剪刀 |
[03:17] | I’ll tell ya. | 我告诉你 |
[03:18] | The right tool can make yard work a hoot. | 一个合适的工具就能让庭院修剪工作轻松自如 |
[03:20] | I’ve always dreamed of owning a sit-down lawn mower. | 我总想要一个可坐式草坪修剪机 |
[03:23] | I’d cut grass, | 我可以边割草 |
[03:24] | reenact scenes from “Can’t Buy Me Love”… | 边再现披头士乐队《真爱无价》的场景… |
[03:27] | Well, do it. | 那就去买一台啊 |
[03:28] | Your restaurant’s doing well. | 你餐厅正如日中天 |
[03:29] | You can afford one. | 你肯定能买得起 |
[03:30] | My yard doesn’t belong to me. | 我们家院子不是我们的 |
[03:32] | I rent. | 是我租的 |
[03:33] | I can’t pluck a dandelion | 我拔根蒲公英 |
[03:34] | without hearing about it from my landlord Murray. | 都要问问房东默里的态度 |
[03:36] | I can’t wait to be a homeowner. | 我真的迫不及待地想有一栋自己的房子了 |
[03:38] | A man should own his own house. | 一个男人就应该要有自己的房子 |
[03:40] | Murray’s open to selling, | 默里倒是同意卖 |
[03:41] | but Jessica and I are very strict | 但杰西卡和我对我们的长期计划 |
[03:42] | about our long-term plans. | 可都是很谨慎的 |
[03:44] | We agreed for the next three years | 我们都同意接下来的三年 |
[03:46] | we reinvest everything into our businesses. | 把所获利益全部投回餐厅里 |
[03:50] | Oh, man! | 天哪! |
[03:52] | That was Honey’s favorite flamingo. | 那个是蜜儿最爱的火烈鸟 |
[03:55] | She’s gonna be p.o.’d. | 她会气坏的 |
[03:56] | Aw. | 哦 |
[04:00] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[04:01] | Evan said he’d pay for my manicure | 埃文说只要我跟你聊聊圣奥兰多的事 |
[04:03] | if I talked to you about St. Orlando’s. | 他就替我付美甲的钱 |
[04:04] | I’m an alumna… I… | 我是那的校友… 我… |
[04:07] | Will you please hear her out? | 你听她说完可以吗? |
[04:08] | I know private school is expensive, | 我知道私立学校很贵 |
[04:11] | but we only have to send me. | 但你们只需要供我就行了 |
[04:13] | The “others” don’t need to know. | “其他两个”不需要知道 |
[04:17] | Come with me. | 跟我来吧 |
[04:20] | These…are life plans. | 这些是…人生计划 |
[04:23] | I made one for each member of the family, | 我给每个家庭成员都做了一份 |
[04:24] | And I update them every five years. | 每五年一更新 |
[04:26] | I’ve mapped out all the classes and experiences | 我把所有你们三兄弟致富成功 |
[04:29] | you boys need to be successful and lead good lives. | 所要做的的事和上的课都列出来了 |
[04:33] | Emery’s good at so many things, | 埃默里擅长的事很多 |
[04:35] | so I left his career plan open, | 所以我把他的职业规划栏空了出来 |
[04:36] | 娶米歇尔·关 或者和她一样优秀的女孩 | |
[04:36] | and I focused on his personal life. | 花更多的心思在他的个人生活上 |
[04:39] | Eddie’s plan was easy because the goal was simple. | 埃迪的计划就简单多了 因为目标也很简单明了 |
[04:42] | 不要 入狱 | |
[04:45] | And here is your plan. | 然后这个就是你的计划了 |
[04:48] | I’ve thought of everything. | 我已经把所有事都安排好了 |
[04:50] | – I’ve already seen these boards. – What do you mean? | – 我已经看过这些计划板了 – 啥? |
[04:53] | I use the garage as a cartwheel zone | 每当我想私下表达自己的喜悦之情时 |
[04:55] | when I want to express joy in private. | 我就把这个车库当做我的侧手翻基地 |
[04:57] | But I wasn’t planning on you finding them | 但我并本打算让你两年后 |
[04:58] | for another two years. | 再发现这个的 |
[04:58] | 发现 人生计划板 对杰西卡 表达感谢 | |
[05:00] | You’re ahead of schedule. | 你行动已经超前了 |
[05:02] | And I’m ahead of everyone in my class, too. | 而且我还比班上每个学生都要超前 |
[05:04] | That’s why I want to go to St. Orlando’s. | 这就是我想去圣奥兰多的原因 |
[05:07] | I could just give you more c.l.c. | 我可以给你买更多的习题啊 |
[05:09] | I’ve already done all the workbooks… | 我已经把所有的练习册都做完了 |
[05:11] | even the french one. | 法语那本也做了 |
[05:19] | You have five minutes to convince me | 你有五分钟的时间来说服我 |
[05:21] | why private school’s better for my son | 为什么私立学校要比公立学校 |
[05:22] | than public school. | 对我儿子更有益处 |
[05:26] | I’ll only need four. | 我只需要四分钟 |
[05:30] | Emery, that squirrel was on the porch again. | 埃默里 那只松鼠又跑到门廊那里去了 |
[05:32] | We need to bean him in the head with your marbles. | 我们要用你的子弹来射它的头 |
[05:35] | – Is that a pentium II? – Yep. | – 那是第二代奔腾处理器? – 对 |
[05:37] | I borrowed it form the A/V club for the summer. | 我向视听室兴趣组借了一个暑假 |
[05:39] | check it out, | 来看看 |
[05:40] | I’m editing your graduation video. | 我正在编辑你们的毕业视频 |
[05:42] | We are gathered to say goodbye | 我们齐聚一堂 |
[05:44] | to the class of 1997. | 为我们1997届的班级告别 |
[05:45] | 林肯中学1997年 八年级毕业典礼 总编:埃默里·黄 | |
[05:47] | Whoa, it’s like “pop up video”! | 哇 这就像是”多窗口视频”! |
[05:48] | Isn’t it cool? | 是不是很厉害? |
[05:49] | As the great Boyz II Men once said, | 正如了不起的Boyz II Men组合(美国著名R&B组合)说过 |
[05:52] | “It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.” | “告别过去 谈何容易” |
[05:55] | 趣闻: \h 亨特校长过去\h 只是副校长 \h | |
[05:57] | So funny, right? | 很有趣 对吧? |
[06:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:02] | Snack break… | 点心时间… |
[06:03] | You guys want anything? | 你们想要些什么吗? |
[06:04] | You know we do. | 这还用说? |
[06:07] | You guys want to have some fun? | 你们想搞点好玩吗? |
[06:08] | – Yeah. – Mm-hmm. | – 当然 – 嗯 |
[06:11] | Lou, I’ve been thinking about what you said. | 路 我一直在想你跟我说的话 |
[06:14] | About dandelions? I know. | 是关于蒲公英吗? 我知道 |
[06:15] | I regret sharing that with you. | 我现在很后悔跟你说了那些 |
[06:16] | It felt very personal. | 太隐私了 |
[06:17] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[06:18] | About you wanting to own your own house. | 是关于你想有一座自己的房子的 |
[06:20] | I have a friend that can help you | 我有个朋友能帮你 |
[06:22] | free up some cash. | 弄到点现金 |
[06:23] | He’s outside right now waiting for my signal. | 他现在就在外面等着我的信号 |
[06:27] | Now! | 就是现在! |
[06:37] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天哪! |
[06:38] | Michael Bolton. | 迈克尔·波顿(美国上个世纪80-90年代备受欢迎的巨星) |
[06:40] | Um, what are you doing here? | 额 你来着干嘛? |
[06:42] | Recording my new album in Orlando. | 到奥兰多来录我的新专辑 |
[06:43] | I got to be in Florida 183 days out of the year | 我每年必须要在弗罗里达州呆上183天 |
[06:47] | for tax purposes. | 税务需要 |
[06:48] | Savvy in and out of the studio. | 无论是在录音室内还是录音室外都这么睿智 |
[06:53] | I’ve got a proposal for you. | 我有个提议给你(我想要向你求婚) |
[06:55] | Do you know how many women would kill to hear me say that? | 你知道都多少女人死都想听我跟她们说这句话? |
[06:57] | So many women! | 很多很多就对了! |
[06:58] | My wife for one. | 我老婆就是其中一个 |
[07:01] | I already pay taxes for public school. | 我已经在为公立学校交税了 |
[07:03] | Why would I spend an extra four grand a year on private. | 为什么我每年还要为私立学校多付四千元呢 |
[07:06] | Well, first of all, | 首先呢 |
[07:08] | St. orlando’s is a year-round school. | 圣奥兰多是全年无休的学校 |
[07:10] | No summer vacation? | 没有暑假? |
[07:12] | I could just stick my kids | 暑假的时候我也可以 |
[07:13] | in public summer school for free. | 免费把孩子送到公立学校 |
[07:15] | Certainly, but half the kids are forced to be there | 当然 不过半数学生都是没办法才去的 |
[07:18] | because they’re, forgive me, “dum-dums.” | 因为他们 说的不好听就是太笨了 |
[07:21] | Is that really what you want? | 这就是你要的吗? |
[07:23] | Well, what I don’t want is to help pay | 我不想要的是为你们学校的 |
[07:25] | for your school’s football program. | 足球项目掏钱 |
[07:27] | There’s no football here. | 我们没有足球 |
[07:28] | We teach only the “networking” sports… | 我们只教有助于人际往来的运动 |
[07:30] | golf, squash, birding. | 高尔夫 壁球 观鸟之类的 |
[07:33] | That’s great. | 那很棒 |
[07:33] | But I’m sure the teachers here are just as lazy. | 不过我想这儿的老师也很懒吧 |
[07:36] | Oh, we don’t have teachers. | 我们没有老师 |
[07:37] | We hire specialists in their field. | 我们会雇各领域的专家 |
[07:40] | We call them “consultants.” | 我们称之为顾问 |
[07:41] | – Continue. – we’re private, | – 继续说 – 因为我们是私立学校 |
[07:43] | so we can easily fire | 所以可以很容易地把 |
[07:45] | any underperforming consultants. | 那些表现不好的顾问炒鱿鱼 |
[07:49] | Did I mention that 99% of our students | 我刚才有说我们99%的学生 |
[07:52] | go on to Ivy League schools? | 都去了常春藤名校吗? |
[07:53] | The other 1% go straight to med school. | 剩下的1%直接进入医学院 |
[07:56] | The first step to doctor-president. | 成为医生-总统的第一步 |
[07:58] | We have relationships with all the top universities. | 我们跟所有的顶尖学校都有往来 |
[08:01] | We send more kids to harvard | 我们送去哈佛的孩子 |
[08:02] | than any other school in Orlando. | 比奥兰多其他任何学校都多 |
[08:04] | And with a student | 如果是一个本身 |
[08:05] | who is already academically strong, | 成绩就很好的学生 |
[08:07] | like your son? | 比如说你儿子? |
[08:08] | We could send him into the stratosphere. | 我们甚至可以让他进入社会顶尖层 |
[08:14] | The astronaut holding the camera | 那个拿着相机的宇航员 |
[08:16] | is also a St. Orlando’s alum. | 也是我们学校的校友 |
[08:21] | One tuition, please. | 我们上了 |
[08:23] | Yes! | 耶! |
[08:24] | Goodbye, mommy. | 再见妈妈 |
[08:25] | Tell the family I’ll see them in six months. | 跟家里说半年后见 |
[08:27] | W-we’re not a boarding school. | 我们没有住宿 |
[08:35] | I’ll pay for everything but P.E. | 体育课我是不会付钱的 |
[08:36] | Evan can just learn tennis from his brother. | 埃文跟他哥哥就可以学网球 |
[08:38] | We can’t do that. | 这恐怕不行 |
[08:39] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[08:40] | I’ll pay for P.E., but no English. | 体育课的钱我出 但是英语不行 |
[08:43] | He gets that free from life. | 他在生活中就能免费学英语 |
[08:44] | We don’t offer private school à la carte. | 私立学校可没有单点一道菜的事 |
[08:47] | I’ll pay the whole year up front, | 我会先付一年的钱 |
[08:48] | but you have to give me | 但是你得给我 |
[08:49] | a substantial early-bird discount. | 提前付款的折扣 |
[08:51] | It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[08:53] | First your son must be accepted into this school. | 首先学校要愿意接收你的儿子 |
[08:55] | There is an application. | 还需要进行申请 |
[08:57] | Okay, sure. Whatever. | 行 都可以 |
[08:58] | I’ll fill it out right now. | 现在我就填表格 |
[08:59] | It’s more involved than that. | 不止这些 |
[09:01] | We need letters of recommendation, | 我们还需要推荐信 |
[09:03] | Transcripts, an interview. | 成绩单 还有面试 |
[09:05] | We’re highly selective. | 我们要求很高 |
[09:07] | But… | 但是 |
[09:09] | …diversity. | …在学生人种上也很多样化 |
[09:11] | Oh, we don’t have to worry about that here. | 我们不用担心这个 |
[09:13] | We’re private. | 我们可是私立的 |
[09:13] | So, I have to earn the privilege | 所以我还得努力才有资格 |
[09:15] | to pay your ridiculous tuition? | 付你们这高得离谱的学费? |
[09:19] | If my son doesn’t get into Harvard, | 如果我儿子进不了哈佛 |
[09:21] | I want a full refund. | 我就要退全款 |
[09:25] | Headmaster. | 校长 再会 |
[09:31] | You want to buy my restaurant? | 你要买我的餐厅? |
[09:33] | Well, I’ve already conquered music, | 我已经征服音乐界了 |
[09:34] | and it’s time to diversify my brand. | 是时候让我的品牌多样化了 |
[09:36] | And kenny rogers is doing so well | 肯尼·罗杰斯的鸡肉餐厅 |
[09:38] | with his chicken restaurants… | 做得这么好… |
[09:40] | So well. | 这么好 |
[09:41] | He never lets you forget. | 你永远忘不了 |
[09:43] | I carry this around with me | 我随身带着最个 |
[09:44] | just to give me motivation. | 想给自己点动力 |
[09:46] | 我的钱桶满了! 圣诞快乐! | |
[09:54] | Well, I’m flattered, | 谢谢你的赏识 |
[09:55] | but my restaurant’s not for sale. | 不过我的餐厅不卖 |
[09:57] | I moved my whole family down here for this, | 我们全家就是为了这餐厅才搬到奥兰多的 |
[09:59] | put a lot of work into it. | 我们做了很多努力 |
[10:01] | I built it from nothing. | 我是白手起家的 |
[10:02] | What if I come in as a silent partner? | 那如果我作为不出面的合伙人呢? |
[10:04] | You could still run the day-to-day, | 每天还是你经营 |
[10:05] | I’d get a stake of the company, | 我持有股份 |
[10:07] | and you get a big cash infusion. | 你还能得到一大笔注资 |
[10:08] | Which you can use to buy your house. | 你可以用来买房子 |
[10:13] | That does sound like a good deal. | 听起来不错 |
[10:15] | But jessica and I have a rule… | 但是杰西卡跟我有个规矩… |
[10:17] | we don’t deviate from our life plan. | 我们不会偏离我们的人生计划的 |
[10:19] | And it’s worked out well for us so far. | 而且到现在为止我们都过得不错 |
[10:21] | Sorry, but the answer is no. | 不好意思 但是还是不了 |
[10:25] | Michael, I am so sorry. | 迈克尔 不好意思 |
[10:27] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道这是怎么回事 |
[10:29] | I’m s… I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道怎么会这样 |
[10:31] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[10:32] | It was worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[10:34] | How do you guys even know each other? | 你们是怎么认识的? |
[10:35] | Oh, I did some emergency dental work on him | 在他做《爱情与温柔》巡回表演的时候 |
[10:37] | during his time, Love & Tenderness tour. | 我为他做过紧急牙齿护理 |
[10:40] | I slipped on a bouquet of white roses. | 我踩在一束白玫瑰上滑倒了 |
[10:46] | It’s not funny, dude. | 这不好笑 大哥 |
[10:49] | I always wear underwear. Look. | 我一直都穿内裤的 你看 |
[10:51] | Oh. no. Never mind. | 哦 不 算了 |
[10:54] | What’s going on? | 这怎么回事? |
[10:55] | We’re turning your boring gradation video | 我们把你无聊的毕业录像 |
[10:57] | into gold. | 变成经典了 |
[10:59] | 沃特出生在 橄榄园里 | |
[11:03] | 埃迪认为 Spin Doctors摇滚乐队 是Mad Decent 电子音乐厂牌的 | |
[11:07] | 布莱恩被 这棵树迷倒了 | |
[11:10] | 特伦特是 麻雀童子军 | |
[11:12] | Trent, I can’t believe you’re a sparrow scout. | 特伦特 真不敢相信你是麻雀童子军 |
[11:14] | That’s so lame. | 真是逊啊 |
[11:15] | I know how to filet a trout. | 我知道怎么做鲑鱼生鱼片 |
[11:16] | What can you filet? | 你能做什么片? |
[11:17] | You know I don’t eat anything that has a mama. | 你知道有妈妈的东西我都不吃的 |
[11:20] | Wait, what? | 等等 这啥? |
[11:21] | What the hell is this? | 这什么鬼? |
[11:22] | 布莱恩继兄 比他帅 | |
[11:26] | Who wrote this bubble? | 这句话谁写的? |
[11:27] | Who thinks this? | 谁想出来的? |
[11:29] | No, I want to know. | 不 我要知道 |
[11:33] | We should probably update this to include private school. | 我们可能要更新一下这个 把私立学校加进去 |
[11:36] | Should I get the wite-out? | 我要去拿修正液吗? |
[11:37] | In this family, we don’t hide mistakes. | 在这个家里 我们从来都不隐藏自己的错误 |
[11:39] | We look at them, feel shame, | 我们正视它们 体验到羞愧感 |
[11:42] | and never talk about them again. | 之后就不再谈论它们 |
[11:44] | Hey, what are you guys doing out here? | 你们在做什么呢? |
[11:45] | I’m just showing Evan our life plans. | 我在给埃文看我们的人生规划 |
[11:48] | Oh, great. | 真不错 |
[11:49] | You know, I was just thinking about | 你知道吗 我刚还在想 |
[11:50] | how well we’ve done with those. | 我们把人生计划实行得很好 |
[11:51] | Yes, because we’re very strict | 对 因为我们一直严格坚持 |
[11:53] | about sticking to the plan. | 执行规划 |
[11:54] | Uh, we sure are. | 当然 |
[11:56] | Never stray no matter what. | 不管怎样不走偏 |
[11:57] | Otherwise, what’s the point of a plan, right? | 不然计划的意义在哪 对吧? |
[11:59] | Right. | 对 |
[12:02] | Uh, Evan, I don’t know if your mom mentioned this, | 埃文 不知道你妈有没有跟你说 |
[12:04] | but I did all the collage work. | 拼贴工作都是我做的 |
[12:05] | I didn’t. | 我没说 |
[12:07] | I didn’t. | 我没说过 |
[12:13] | You’re not gonna tell him about private school? | 你不跟他说私立学校的事? |
[12:15] | Not yet. | 还没到时候 |
[12:16] | Let’s get you in first. | 你先入学再说 |
[12:18] | If I’m gonna stray from the plan, | 如果我要违背计划 |
[12:20] | It can’t be for just a “maybe.” | 那也得确保你能进去再违背 |
[12:24] | Evan got a kangaroo sticker in math. | 埃文数学得了一个袋鼠贴纸 |
[12:26] | Does kangaroo mean “A”? | 袋鼠表示他得了优吗? |
[12:28] | We don’t believe in letter grades. | 我们不用优中差评分 |
[12:29] | Well, St. Orlando’s does, | 圣奥兰多用 |
[12:31] | so if you had to say | 如果一定要说 |
[12:33] | what grade a kangaroo represents, | 袋鼠代表什么成绩 |
[12:35] | would you say “A”? | 那会是优吗? |
[12:37] | I’d say a “B.” | 我觉得是中 |
[12:41] | “A”? | 优吗? |
[12:45] | Your daughter attends St. Orlando’s, right? | 你女儿在圣奥兰多对吧? |
[12:47] | As the parent of a current student, | 由于你是该学校学生的家长 |
[12:48] | I need you to sign this letter of recommendation | 我需要你在这封推荐信上签字 |
[12:50] | I wrote for my son. | 这是为我儿子写的 |
[12:51] | I will if you lower your commission. | 可以啊 如果你降低你的佣金的话 |
[12:57] | You’re an alumna of St. Orlando’s, right? | 你是圣奥兰多的校友对吧? |
[12:59] | I need you to sign this letter of recommendation | 我需要你在这里签字 |
[13:01] | I wrote for my son. | 这是我儿子的推荐信 |
[13:02] | Oh, I really can’t sign anything | 我指甲状态这么糟 |
[13:03] | With my nails so jacked up. | 真是什么都签不了了 |
[13:13] | So we agree. | 我们都同意了 |
[13:15] | We pool our graduation money | 我们把毕业的份子钱凑到一起 |
[13:16] | so we can turn this driveway into a gym. | 这样我们就能把这个车道变成健身的地方 |
[13:18] | We’ll have all summer to get ripped. | 我们有整个暑假来锻炼 |
[13:20] | We show up to high school yoked out, | 我们结实地去上高中 |
[13:22] | and people will think we’re sophomores. | 这样大家都会以为我们高二了 |
[13:23] | I know a great preacher curl workout. | 我知道一个练二头肌的好方法 |
[13:25] | Two of my sisters work at GNC, | 我的两个姐姐在健安喜公司(保健品公司)工作 |
[13:27] | so I can hook us up with some creatine. | 我能给大家带一些肌肉素 |
[13:29] | It’s really coming together. | 事情越来越靠谱了 |
[13:31] | My step-brother has the video. | 录影带落在我哥继兄手里了 |
[13:32] | What? I took it home last night | 什么? 我昨晚把它带回家 |
[13:34] | to work on some more mean bubbles about you guys, | 想做一些关于你们的毒舌评论气泡 |
[13:36] | and he found it in my room. | 然后他在我屋里找到了 |
[13:37] | That dude is a tool. | 那哥们儿就是一蠢蛋 |
[13:39] | He’s gonna show the tape to everyone. | 他会把录影带给所有人看的 |
[13:40] | It won’t matter how buff I am when we start school | 如果大家知道我是名麻雀童子军 |
[13:42] | if people know I’m a sparrow scout. | 那么我开学时不管多壮实都没用了 |
[13:44] | People will think I want to do it with a tree. | 大家会以为我想睡一棵树 |
[13:46] | I’m ruined. | 我完了 |
[13:47] | I was gonna go out for football. | 我本来还想争取进足球队的 |
[13:50] | I just want your support on this. | 我就希望你们能挺我一下 |
[13:52] | Which part, man? | 支持足球还是录像带 哥们儿? |
[13:53] | We have to get that tape back. | 我们必须得把录影带拿回来 |
[13:55] | We can’t start high school as losers. | 我们不能一上高中就成了废物啊 |
[13:59] | This is the interview portion of our process. | 现在是考核阶段的面试环节 |
[14:02] | We just have a few questions to ask you. | 我们只想问你几个小问题 |
[14:04] | It’s my pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[14:05] | So, Evan, what’s a current item in the news | 埃文 当下新闻事件里 |
[14:08] | that interests you? | 有什么你感兴趣的吗? |
[14:09] | Sheep cloning. | 克隆羊问题 |
[14:10] | I think it would be a boon for the sweater industry. | 我觉得这将是毛衣产业的福音 |
[14:13] | Who do you admire? | 你崇拜的谁? |
[14:14] | Whom do I admire? | 应该说我崇拜的是谁? |
[14:18] | Why are you interested in our school? | 你为什么对我们学校感兴趣? |
[14:20] | I’d come for your blazers, | 我可以说是因为你们的校服 |
[14:21] | but I’d stay for your | 但我还是要说 是因为你们的 |
[14:22] | international baccalaureate program. | 国际学士学位项目 |
[14:25] | Tell me about your family. | 给我讲讲你的家人 |
[14:27] | They’re all good eggs. | 他们都是好人 |
[14:28] | We rent a house in north Orlando, | 我们在北奥兰多租了房子 |
[14:30] | My parents run a steakhouse. | 我爸妈开牛排餐馆 |
[14:32] | We’re just your typical American family | 我们就是典型的美国家庭 |
[14:34] | who’s overcome incredible odds | 克服了重重困难 |
[14:35] | to achieve big dreams. | 来实现我们的美国梦 |
[14:39] | Well, that’s all of our questions. | 好的 我们的问题问完了 |
[14:42] | No red flags. | 没什么让人不满意的 |
[14:44] | We’ll be in touch with you very soon. | 我们会很快和你联系 |
[14:47] | Hey, great job. | 做得好 |
[14:51] | Evan, it’s here. | 埃文 信来了 |
[14:54] | It’s so big! | 这信封好大! |
[14:56] | That means they’re sending us parking instructions, | 这意味着他会发来停车指南 |
[14:58] | reading lists, bumper stickers for the car… | 阅读书目还有车尾贴… |
[15:01] | “Dear Mr. Huang, sorry to inform you that”… | “亲爱的黄先生 很抱歉通知您… |
[15:04] | The hell?! | 什么鬼?! |
[15:06] | Oh, you didn’t get in? | 你没被录取? |
[15:11] | And they still sent us these? | 他们还寄来这东西? |
[15:12] | 我的孩子差一点就 成了圣奥兰多的学生了 | |
[15:17] | How could you not get in? | 你怎么会没被录取? |
[15:20] | You have perfect grades, you killed your interview, | 你成绩那么好 面试表现的那么棒 |
[15:22] | and there is no way they could tie you back to Eddie. | 而且他们绝对不可能把你和艾迪联系起来 |
[15:24] | Well, I guess they don’t think I belong in their echelon. | 我猜他们可能觉得我不属于他们那个阶层 |
[15:27] | No. Someone made a mistake. | 不可能 一定是有人搞错了 |
[15:33] | You messed up, Deidre. | 你搞砸了 黛德丽 |
[15:35] | Evan didn’t get into St. Orlando’s. | 埃文没被圣奥兰多录取 |
[15:37] | It was your letter of recommendation. | 是你写的推荐信 |
[15:39] | Uh, you mean the one that you wrote | 你是指全是你写的 |
[15:40] | and I just signed? | 我就签了名的那个吗? |
[15:41] | W… it was not a strong signature! | 那个签名不够有力! |
[15:44] | It tapered off at the end, conveying doubt. | 那个签名最后一笔很浅 传达着一种质疑感 |
[15:47] | Jessica, look, private schools are picky. | 杰西卡 私立学校十分挑剔的 |
[15:50] | Unless your family has gone there for generations, | 除非你的家族好几代人都去了那个学校 |
[15:52] | or you’re the child of someone who works there, | 或者你是那的职工的孩子 |
[15:54] | there’s really no guarantee. | 否则真的很难被录取 |
[15:56] | But Evan is overqualified. | 但是埃文太够格了 |
[15:58] | How could they reject him? | 他们怎么能拒绝他? |
[16:00] | Maybe it’s not him. | 也许不是他的问题 |
[16:01] | Maybe it’s you. | 也许是你的问题 |
[16:03] | These schools don’t just evaluate the student. | 这些学校不光评估学生 |
[16:05] | They evaluate the whole family. | 他们评估整个家庭 |
[16:07] | Why would my family be rejected? | 他们怎么会拒绝我家? |
[16:10] | We’re doing great. | 我们很好的 |
[16:11] | We live in a good neighborhood, | 我们住在一个好的街区 |
[16:13] | we own our own restaurant… | 我们有一家餐馆… |
[16:14] | Word in the birding community… | 坊间传闻… |
[16:16] | St. Orlando’s saw you as renters | 圣奥兰多学校觉得你们是 |
[16:19] | who work in the service industry. | 在服务业工作的租客 |
[16:22] | And I heard sometimes | 而且我还听说有时候 |
[16:23] | you hide you mother-in-law in the pantry? | 你把你婆婆藏在储物室里? |
[16:28] | Murray, what are you doing here? | 莫里 你在这干什么? |
[16:30] | I already sent you this month’s rent. | 这个月的房租我已经交了 |
[16:31] | Ah, just inspecting my property, | 就来看看我的房产 |
[16:33] | and I happen to notice | 正好发现 |
[16:35] | that there’s some damage to the driveway | 车道有些损坏 |
[16:37] | which I’m gonna have to charge you for. | 我得跟你们收钱 |
[16:38] | Did you have an above-ground pool out here | 你之前在这建了一个地上泳池 |
[16:41] | or something? | 还是什么别的吗? |
[16:42] | We did not. | 我们没有 |
[16:44] | And I notice that the lawn looks a little different. | 我还发现草坪跟以前看着不太一样了 |
[16:46] | Have you been tampering with it? | 你们是背着我鼓捣了吗? |
[16:47] | What? no. | 什么? 没有啊 |
[16:48] | Well, someone’s been weeding this yard, | 肯定有人除了草 |
[16:50] | ’cause I don’t see any dandelions. | 因为我看不到蒲公英了 |
[16:52] | You know they help indicate | 你知道的 蒲公英有助于显示 |
[16:53] | whether the grass is getting enough moisture, | 草坪有没有充足的水分 |
[16:55] | so someone better not be messing with them. | 所以最好别乱动它们 |
[17:00] | You know what, Murray? | 莫里 你猜怎么着? |
[17:01] | I did pick the dandelions. | 我确实拔了蒲公英 |
[17:03] | I picked 10 dandelions, | 我拔了十个 |
[17:04] | and I made 10 wishes, | 然后许了十个愿望 |
[17:05] | and you know what they all were? | 想知道这些愿望是什么吗? |
[17:06] | To own my own house. | 我想有一个自己的房子 |
[17:08] | You know, you don’t have to keep making the same wish | 要知道吗 同样的愿望 你不用 |
[17:10] | over and over. | 重复地许 |
[17:12] | God hears you after the first one. | 上帝在你第一次许愿的时候就听到了 |
[17:22] | Are you sure your step-brother’s only 16? | 你确定你继兄只有16岁? |
[17:24] | No. Tyler could be 30. | 不确定 泰勒可能已经30了 |
[17:26] | I don’t know much about him. | 我不太了解他 |
[17:27] | I’m just gonna go talk to him, young man to young man… | 我就准备跟他来一场年轻人之间的谈话 |
[17:30] | Ask him to remember what it was like | 我要问他是否还记得 |
[17:32] | when he was a freshman, | 自己还是新生的时候 |
[17:33] | how hard it was starting high school | 是否还记得只有自己的朋友陪在身边 |
[17:35] | when all you have is your friends | 开启高中生活时有多困难 |
[17:36] | and how I’m asking, as Brian’s friend, | 我想作为布莱恩的朋友 |
[17:39] | for that tape back. | 要回那个带子 |
[17:42] | Well, that’ll never work. | 你这方法不会管用的 |
[17:44] | Yeah, put that in the “stupid idea” file. | 把这个想法记到愚蠢想法的记录上吧 |
[17:46] | You guys are too quick with that file. | 你们对那记录也太草率了 |
[17:48] | I don’t know why my “poison him” idea is in there. | 我不明白为什么我那个毒死他的想法会在记录上 |
[17:51] | Unless someone comes up with a better plan, | 如果没人有更好的办法 |
[17:53] | I’m going in. | 我就进去了 |
[18:01] | Mom, I don’t want any muesli. | 妈 我不想要什么麦片 |
[18:06] | I recognize you from the video. | 我在录影带里见过你 |
[18:08] | Your pop-up said | 你的气泡里说 |
[18:09] | you ate string cheese that fell in the gutter. | 你吃了掉进排水沟里的手撕奶酪 |
[18:10] | It was lying on a bed of leaves. | 它掉在了一堆叶子上 |
[18:12] | – It was clean. – What are you doing here? | – 是干净的 – 你来有什么事? |
[18:14] | I’m one of your step-brother’s friends. | 我是你弟弟的朋友 |
[18:16] | I’m here to talk to you young man to young man, | 我来跟你进行一场年轻人之间的谈话 |
[18:18] | and to ask you to remember what it was like | 我想问你是否还记得 |
[18:19] | When you were a freshman… | 你当年作为新生的情境… |
[18:22] | – What the hell? – Get the tape! | – 什么鬼? – 快拿录影带! |
[18:26] | Poison him before you leave! | 你走之前毒死他! |
[18:34] | Nope. | 这个不行 |
[18:36] | Nope. | 这个也不行 |
[18:39] | What’s this two-tone one? | 这个两个颜色的是什么? |
[18:40] | They’re all the same, Michael. | 他们都一样 迈克尔 |
[18:42] | Okay, let’s do it. | 我们就这么办把 |
[18:44] | Is my receptionist not out there? | 我的接待员没在外头吗? |
[18:46] | Rebecca! | 丽贝卡! |
[18:47] | I don’t care if it’s not in my life plan. | 我不在乎我的人生规划里有没有这个 |
[18:48] | I can’t be a renter anymore. | 我不能再做一个租客了 |
[18:50] | I need to own my house, | 我需要拥有自己的房子 |
[18:51] | so I’ll sell you a stake in the restaurant | 我愿意把餐馆的一部分股权卖给你 |
[18:52] | and take you on as a partner. | 让你成为合伙人 |
[18:54] | And together, we’ll destroy Kenny Rogers. | 我们联手就能搞垮肯尼·罗杰斯 |
[18:56] | That’s more your thing, | 那更像是你的私事 |
[18:58] | but I like that you’re motivated by revenge. | 但我喜欢你被复仇的力量激励着 |
[19:00] | My wife will love that. | 我老婆一定喜欢的 |
[19:05] | Mom, I’ve had time to think about it, | 妈妈 我最近想了想 |
[19:08] | and it’s gonna be okay. | 没关系的 |
[19:09] | I thought you said you weren’t feeling challenged | 我以为你之前说你在原来的学校 |
[19:11] | in your regular school. | 感觉没有任何挑战难度 |
[19:12] | And I’ll make that my new challenge. | 我会把这个当成我的新挑战 |
[19:14] | I’ll do extra c.l.c., | 我会参与更多的课外辅导 |
[19:15] | audit some junior college classes, | 旁听一些初级大学课程 |
[19:18] | take an immersion trip to Montreal | 去蒙特利尔来一场感受之旅 |
[19:19] | to work on my french. | 来练习我的法语 |
[19:22] | Michael bolton | 迈克尔·波顿 |
[19:23] | offered me a partnership deal for the restaurant, | 给了我一份餐馆合伙的邀约 |
[19:25] | and I think we should take it. | 我觉得我们应该接受 |
[19:26] | What? | 什么? |
[19:27] | I know it means straying from our life plan, | 我知道这样意味着偏离了我们的人生计划 |
[19:29] | but we should make exceptions for good opportunities. | 但是我们应该为了更好的机会而破例 |
[19:31] | I want to own our house, | 我想拥有我们自己的房子 |
[19:33] | And this deal will let us do that. | 而这个交易能让我们做到 |
[19:38] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[19:40] | Maybe we can be less strict with our plans. | 也许我们可以不那么严格地执行计划 |
[19:43] | But we’re not buying this house. | 但我们不买这个房子 |
[19:51] | We’d like to buy your house. | 我们想买你的房子 |
[19:53] | You want to buy this house? | 你想买这房子? |
[19:55] | But with one stipulation. | 但有一个条件 |
[19:57] | You get our son into St. Orlando’s. | 你让我们的儿子进圣奥兰多 |
[20:00] | Your wife works there, right? | 你老婆在那儿工作 是吗? |
[20:02] | She gets our son in, you’ve sold your house. | 她把我们儿子弄进去 我们就买你房子 |
[20:05] | We can work something out. | 我们能找到解决办法 |
[20:07] | I’m going to private school! | 我要去私立学校了! |
[20:09] | I’m not in the garage, but screw it! | 我现在不在车库里 但管他呢! |
[20:13] | Are we sure about this? | 你确定吗? |
[20:15] | You want to own your own home, | 你想有自己的房子 |
[20:16] | I want Evan in private school. | 我想埃文进私立学校 |
[20:18] | Michael Bolton will get us both. | 迈克尔·波顿能让我们两者兼得 |
[20:25] | We did it! We got the tape back. | 我们做到了! 我们拿回录像带了 |
[20:27] | Are you gonna get in trouble for throwing a rock | 你向你哥哥的窗户扔了石头 |
[20:28] | through your stepbrother’s window? | 会惹麻烦吗? |
[20:29] | Eh, if things get heated I can always fake a seizure. | 真有事的话 我就装癫痫好了 |
[20:32] | Guys, we’re entering high school on a win. | 兄弟们 让我们昂首阔步进入高中 |
[20:35] | Things are gonna be okay. | 一切都会没事的 |
[20:37] | Yeah! | 棒极了! |
[20:44] | Divorce. | 离婚 |
[20:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[20:46] | Pack your things and say goodbye to your friends, we’re moving. | 去打包东西 和你的朋友道个别吧 我们要搬家了 |
[20:49] | Time to make new friends. | 交新朋友的时候到了 |
[20:51] | Hold that look, Eddie, I’m trying to find the zoom. | 保持这个表情别动 艾迪 我在找镜头推近按钮 |
[20:55] | Ah, there it is. | 啊 找到了 |