时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Last time on “Fresh Off the Boat”… | 《初来乍到》上集回顾… |
[00:01] | – I go to St. Orlando’s Prep. – Private school. | – 我在圣奥兰多预备学校上课 – 私立学校 |
[00:03] | Can I please go to St. Orlando’s next year, Mommy? | 妈咪 我明年能去圣奥兰多上学吗? |
[00:06] | Michael Bolton offered me a partnership deal | 迈克尔·波顿给了我一份餐馆合伙的邀约 |
[00:08] | for the restaurant, and I think we should take it. | 我觉得我们应该接受 |
[00:10] | I want to own our house, and this deal will let us do that. | 我想拥有我们自己的房子 而这个交易能让我们做到 |
[00:13] | You’re right, but we’re not buying this house. | 你说的没错 但我们不买这个房子 |
[00:17] | You wanna buy this house? | 你想买这房子? |
[00:18] | With one stipulation. | 有一个条件 |
[00:20] | You get our son into St. Orlando’s. | 你让我们的儿子进圣奥兰多 |
[00:23] | – What’s going on? – We’re moving. | – 怎么回事? – 我们要搬家了 |
[00:30] | You’re throwing all your stuff away? | 你要把你所有的东西都丢了? |
[00:31] | Nah, man. This is my luggage. | 才不是 这是我的行李 |
[00:33] | We’re only moving across town. | 我们只是搬到镇子的另一头而已 |
[00:35] | It’s crazy that you’re gonna be going | 太突然了 |
[00:36] | to a different high school next year. | 你明年就要去另一所高中上学了 |
[00:37] | It’s no big deal. | 又不是什么大不了的事情 |
[00:38] | We’ll still hang out all the time. | 我们还是可以一起玩呐 |
[00:40] | Me and Alison are all good. | 我和艾莉森感情一切都好 |
[00:41] | Plus, we got the whole summer to chill. | 再加上还有整个暑假够我们疯闹呢 |
[00:43] | The new house has a hot tub. | 新家可是有热水浴缸呢 |
[00:45] | It’ll be just like MTV’s Beach House. | 那儿肯定就跟音乐电视网里面的海滨别墅一样 |
[00:47] | But with no Bill Bellamy. | 但比尔·贝拉米又不在 |
[00:48] | Now you feel me. | 你总算跟上小爷我的节奏了 |
[00:50] | Why are you guys moving, anyway? | 对了 你们为什么要搬家来着? |
[00:51] | So someone can go to private school. | 因为这样某人就能去上私立小学了啊 |
[00:55] | I can’t wait to introduce you to my khakis. | 我真是迫不及待地想要把你介绍给我的卡其小裤了 |
[00:59] | We’ll have to divide these | 既然我们马上就要有自己的房间了 |
[01:00] | since we’re getting our own rooms. | 我们也要好好的分一分玩具了 |
[01:01] | How ’bout you take the herbivores | 你拿这个食草龙 |
[01:03] | and I’ll take the carnivores? | 我拿食肉龙怎么样? |
[01:04] | Or we divide them by geologic time period. | 又或者我们可以根据它们的地质时期来分 |
[01:07] | Dibs on Jurassic! | 侏罗纪时期的我定了! |
[01:08] | – Damm it. – Yeah. | – 我去 – 耶 |
[01:10] | Aww, the boys’ height chart. Look how much they’ve grown. | 啊 孩子们的身高标记 看他们长得多快啊 |
[01:16] | I am not losing one nickel of our security deposit. | 不要再想过去有的没的了 |
[01:18] | And quit stopping to reminisce. | 保证金我可是一分都不能少 |
[01:20] | You only took two days off of work for this move, | 这次搬家你就请了两天假 |
[01:22] | and you spent the whole morning packing your pants. | 但你打包个裤子就磨蹭了一早上 |
[01:24] | Every pair tells a story. | 我和每条裤子都有不得不说的秘密嘛 |
[01:26] | I was wearing my white Wranglers | 我挂起储藏室架子的那天 |
[01:27] | the day I hung up the pantry shelves. | 穿的就是我的白色牛仔裤 |
[01:29] | Hard to believe that was only three years ago. | 这场景历历在目 哪像是3年前的事 |
[01:31] | We’re moving on up, Louis, like “The Jeffersons.” | 路易斯 我们家正走上坡路呢 就像电视剧”杰弗逊一家”一样 |
[01:34] | You know, I’ve always fancied myself a Taiwanese Weezy. | 我一直都幻想自己是台湾版的维兹 |
[01:37] | You always have. | 你一直都是 |
[01:40] | I guess it’s just hard to leave this place. | 我猜要离开这个地方还是会有些不舍的 |
[01:42] | Hmm. It’s for the best. | 嗯 我们做的选择是正确的 |
[01:45] | Before you know it, | 不知不觉间 |
[01:45] | the new house will feel the same as the old one. | 你就会觉得新房就跟老房子一样了 |
[01:53] | Very cozy. | 太惬意了 |
[02:03] | 轴&特效: 小恐龙 \h 相约下一季的兜酱 | |
[02:14] | Mm, impressive new yard. | 嗯 有自己的院子就是爽 |
[02:17] | Squirrels look like they’re better behaved here. | 这里的松鼠看起来要乖多了 |
[02:19] | They make less eye contact, which I appreciate. | 他们不会老盯着我 我喜欢 |
[02:22] | Check it out! We’ve got double Pop Tart ovens! | 快来看! 我们有可以烤果酱小圆饼的双层烤箱! |
[02:25] | More like double waste of electricity. | 双层烤箱就是双倍耗电 |
[02:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:34] | No, Ma. It’s the intercom system. | 不是啦 妈 这是内部通话系统 |
[02:37] | Right, boys? | 孩子们 对吧? |
[02:39] | Welcome to the Huangs’ new house. | 欢迎来到黄氏新店 |
[02:40] | – May I take your order? – Brenda, can you see | – 请问你要点什么? – 布伦达 你能帮我问一下 |
[02:42] | if they can push that meeting from 4:00 to 5:00? | 他们能不能把4点到5点的会议推一推? |
[02:44] | I’m playing drive-thru. | 我在玩车道自助点餐窗口 |
[02:46] | Oh, I’m playing assistant. | 哦 我在玩老板助理游戏 |
[02:48] | Brenda, hold my calls. | 布伦达 我现在不听电话 |
[02:49] | Hold all the calls, Brenda. Intercom’s closed. | 布伦达 所有电话都别听了 内部通话结束 |
[02:52] | It wastes electricity. | 真是浪费电 |
[02:53] | If you need to communicate, yell. | 如果要交流 直接喊就行 |
[02:55] | Better, pass notes under the door like they do in prison. | 不然就学监狱里面的做法 在门下传小纸条 |
[02:58] | Cheap and quiet. | 省钱又降噪 |
[02:59] | Aren’t you being a little extreme? | 你是不是有点反应过度了? |
[03:00] | These things don’t cost that much. | 这些东西没那么费钱啦 |
[03:02] | You think I’m being extreme? | 你觉得我反应过度? |
[03:11] | It’s easy to look at this place and think we’re rich now, | 可能看着我们的新家 你会觉得我们家很有钱 |
[03:14] | like that half-naked Scottish duck you boys love. | 就像你们喜欢的那只苏格兰半裸鸭那么有钱 |
[03:16] | But the truth is, | 但是实际情况是 |
[03:17] | poverty is right outside those double French doors. | 贫穷就在那扇双层法式落地门外呢 |
[03:20] | Listen. | 好好听听 |
[03:24] | I don’t hear anything. | 我啥都没听到啊 |
[03:25] | Exactly, because poverty moves in silence. | 正是这样 因为贫穷的脚步没有声音 |
[03:30] | We used up all our savings to buy this place, | 我们把所有的积蓄都花在买这栋房子上了 |
[03:32] | and now we can’t afford to live in it. | 但现在却没钱住了 |
[03:34] | You’ve heard the term “House poor”? | 你们听过什么叫”房奴族”吗? |
[03:35] | Well, that’s what we are now. | 我们现在就沦落到此了 |
[03:36] | So no intercoms, no double ovens, | 所以不要用通信系统 也不要开双层烤箱 |
[03:39] | no heating the hot tub. | 不准用热水浴缸加热洗澡水 |
[03:41] | I thought we were in good financial shape. | 我觉得我们的财务状况挺好的啊 |
[03:43] | Michael Bolton just became a partner in the restaurant. | 迈克尔·波顿刚入股了我们餐厅 |
[03:45] | If that’s not the definition of “Stable,” I don’t know what is. | 如果这都不能算经济稳定 那我不知道什么能算了 |
[03:50] | I’ve run the numbers, Louis. | 路易斯 我可是好好算了一笔账的 |
[03:52] | And the books don’t lie. | 数字可是不会撒谎的 |
[03:54] | Between the high mortgage, higher bills, insurance, | 有高额房贷要付 每月账单更是吓死人 |
[03:57] | and taxes, we’re barely scraping by. | 还有保险 征税 我们都只能勒紧裤头了 |
[03:59] | In fact, we are this close | 实际上 我已经看到 |
[04:01] | to becoming my worst nightmare…being homeless. | 我最恐怖的噩梦在向我招手…无家可归 |
[04:17] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[04:18] | Saving money on dry cleaning | 节省干洗的费用 |
[04:19] | and making my blazer smell like London. | 还有让我的外套多一股正宗伦敦蒸汽味 |
[04:22] | I know you’re excited about private school, | 我知道你要上私立学校很兴奋 |
[04:23] | but I hope being around all those rich kids | 但我还是希望你身边的那些富家子弟 |
[04:25] | doesn’t change you. | 不会改变你 |
[04:26] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[04:27] | Like how Chris O’Donnell went to private school | 就像《闻香识女人》里的克里斯·奥唐纳 |
[04:29] | in “Scent of a Woman” and almost lost his integrity. | 他去了私立学校后 反而丢失自己的耿直 |
[04:33] | You don’t need to worry. This blazer won’t change me. | 你没必要担心 一件外套是不可能改变我的 |
[04:36] | I may look larger than life, but I’m still a little boy’s 6. | 我可能看起来比较成熟 但我还是那个6岁的小男孩 |
[04:39] | Hey, look…made in China. | 嗨 看…中国制造 |
[04:41] | Kind of like our family. | 和我们家一样呢 |
[04:42] | Hope it didn’t come from a sweatshop. | 希望不是从什么血汗工厂出来的 |
[04:44] | I’ve been reading about child labor | 在看了凯西·李·吉福德的争辩后 |
[04:45] | after the whole Kathy Lee Gifford controversy. | 我就一直在看关于童工的书 |
[04:48] | You should have the school look into it, just to be sure. | 为了探个究竟 你可以让学校去调查调查 |
[04:50] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[04:51] | Evan, there could be kids stuck in a factory | 埃文 可能有些孩子正被一家工厂剥削 |
[04:53] | working 20 hours a day on these. | 被迫每天工作20小时就为做你们的外套 |
[04:55] | I’m talking about kids our age. | 我说的是我们这个年纪的孩子啊 |
[04:57] | What if Cousin Hennessy was forced to make this? | 如果是轩尼斯表弟被逼着做这些衣服呢? |
[05:00] | Fine, but Cousin Hennessy would never be hired in a sweatshop. | 好吧 但这种血汗工厂绝对不可能雇轩尼斯的 |
[05:04] | Have you seen his craftsmanship? | 你看过他的手工吗? |
[05:05] | Disaster. | 简直没法看 |
[05:07] | Sorry we can’t afford to heat the hot tub. | 抱歉 我们家用不起热水浴缸 |
[05:09] | We’re house poor. | 我们是有房穷人 |
[05:10] | That’s the whole reason we came all the way over here. | 我们大老远过来就为了这个啊 |
[05:12] | I had to take two buses in flip-flops. | 我得穿着人字拖换两趟公车 |
[05:15] | A lady sat on half of my towel for 16 blocks. | 一位女士在我半条毛巾上坐了16个街区 |
[05:18] | Our last summer together is blowing hard. | 我们最后一起度过的这个夏天真难 |
[05:19] | It’s not our last summer! | 这不是我们最后一个夏天 |
[05:21] | So, I’m going to a different school. | 我是要转学 |
[05:23] | It doesn’t mean we stop being a crew. | 但这不意味着我们不是一个团体了 |
[05:25] | Which is why we should all get matching tattoos. | 要不我们都去纹个一样的纹身吧 |
[05:28] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[05:29] | When you’re in a crew, you’re in a crew for life. | 一日为友 终身为友 |
[05:31] | So you’re saying we should get each other’s faces | 所以你是说我们应该都在背后 |
[05:33] | tattooed across our backs. | 纹上彼此的脸 |
[05:34] | Or, just like something else. | 或者纹点别的吧 |
[05:36] | How ’bout a pizza? | 披萨怎么样 |
[05:37] | We each get a slice on our bodies, | 我们每个人身上纹一片 |
[05:38] | and when we’re together we form a whole pie. | 当我们聚在一起的时候 就是一整块派了 |
[05:41] | A crew pie! | 一个团派! |
[05:42] | Daddies, lock up your daughters. | 老爹们 把你们的女儿都锁起来 |
[05:44] | Brian’s getting inked. | 布莱恩正式签署这个提议了 |
[05:48] | Thank you for removing the light bulbs from the hallway, Marvin. | 马文 谢谢你帮忙把我们走廊上的电灯泡取走 |
[05:51] | We need to save money any way we can. | 我们得尽一切可能去省钱 |
[05:53] | Well, there’s an old joke about how many dentists | 有一个老笑话是说一共需要多少牙医 |
[05:55] | does it take to screw in a light bulb, | 来拧一个电灯泡 |
[05:57] | but it’s not for the ladies. | 但是这笑话女士不宜 |
[05:59] | This place is amazing, Jessica. | 杰西卡 这个房子太棒了 |
[06:01] | – Yeah. – But we miss you. | – 是啊 – 但是我们好想你 |
[06:04] | Everyone in the neighborhood does. | 街区的每个人都想你 |
[06:06] | Really? Even Deidre? | 真的吗 连黛德丽都是 |
[06:07] | She held a moment of silence at our last HOA meeting. | 在我们最后一次屋主会议上她还让我们默哀了一会呢 |
[06:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:18] | It happens whenever I have NutraSweet. | 我每次吃完纽特健康糖都这样 |
[06:21] | It’s probably just trapped gas. | 那很可能就是胀气 |
[06:23] | Will you tell Carol-Joan that? | 你能告诉卡罗尔-琼我说了 |
[06:25] | From me? | 这个吗 |
[06:26] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[06:28] | Okay, well, I’m gonna see if I can return | 好的 我会试着看能不能去杂货店 |
[06:29] | these light bulbs at the grocery store. | 退掉这些电灯泡 |
[06:30] | I’ll take you. | 我可以载你 |
[06:31] | We’ll take my car so you can save gas money. | 我们载你去 这样的话你就能省汽油钱了 |
[06:34] | It’s always so nice | 每当别人在我说话之前 |
[06:36] | when I don’t have to ask the thing that I wanted to ask. | 就主动提出帮助的时候 都感觉太赞了 |
[06:39] | We’ll be back in a few hours. | 我们几小时后就回来 |
[06:40] | Bye. | 拜 |
[06:44] | Whoa! | 哇哦 |
[06:46] | A hot tub? | 热水浴缸 |
[06:47] | Oh, Louis, you dirty mutt! | 路易斯 你个损小子 |
[06:50] | You’ve been holding out on me. | 你一直瞒着我 |
[06:52] | Hey, what say we fire this cauldron up | 你觉得把这锅水烧开 |
[06:54] | and make ourselves a little cannibal stew, huh? | 然后把我们做成食人族的炖菜怎么样 |
[06:57] | I’d love to, but it’s off limits. | 我很想这么做 但是这超预算了 |
[06:59] | We can’t afford to heat it up. | 我们负担不起烧这么多水 |
[07:01] | You can’t afford not to. | 不烧你损失更大 |
[07:03] | Come on, enjoy this thing before you go back to work tomorrow. | 拜托 在明天上班之前好好享受一下吧 |
[07:06] | Jessica will never know. | 杰西卡永远不会知道的 |
[07:07] | When she does the books, she’ll see the gas bill. | 等她对账的时候 她会看见燃气费的 |
[07:09] | Well, think of other ways to make up for it. | 那就想其他法子瞒过去 |
[07:12] | Take cold showers for a week. | 洗一周的冷水澡 |
[07:14] | The heating bill is the same, | 那燃气费就是一样的了 |
[07:16] | and your chest hair will be amazing. | 而且你的胸毛会看上去很赞 |
[07:23] | Who cares about a lousy light bulb? | 谁会在意一个脏脏的电灯泡 |
[07:25] | How do you unscrew a dental hygienist? | 谁会不去上一个牙科保健师呢 |
[07:28] | Hey, four out of five patients find that hilarious. | 嘿 五个病人里面有四个都会觉得这很逗 |
[07:36] | I have to admit, these heated floors are amazing. | 我不得不说 这些加热的地板太赞了 |
[07:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:40] | And an economical way to dry your trunks, huh? | 也是一个能很经济地烘干你泳裤的方法 对吧? |
[07:43] | Turn! | 翻面 |
[07:47] | Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[07:48] | We lost track of time! | 我们忘了时间了 |
[07:53] | Hey! How was the store? | 嘿 商店怎么样 |
[07:55] | Good! They let me return three light bulbs. | 挺好的 他们让我退了三个电灯泡 |
[07:57] | Louis, you used the hot tub? | 路易斯 你用了热水浴缸了 |
[07:59] | What? Why would you think I… | 什么 为什么你认为我… |
[08:03] | Louis, I told you — | 路易斯 我告诉过你– |
[08:04] | Heating the hot tub costs too much money. | 加热热水浴缸太费钱了 |
[08:06] | Oh, hey. | 嘿 |
[08:08] | I was just — wanted to make sure | 我刚刚只是–想确认下 |
[08:10] | you had enough insulation up in your attic. | 你们阁楼上是不是有足够的绝缘材料 |
[08:13] | You do. | 你们有 |
[08:15] | It’s time for us to go. | 我们该走了 |
[08:19] | Ain’t my first rodeo. | 我可是老手 |
[08:30] | Hey. Sorry, I didn’t realize how far away my new house is. | 嘿 对不起 我想到新房子这么远 |
[08:33] | I had to ride through neighborhoods | 我得穿过好多我从没 |
[08:34] | I’ve never even seen. | 见过的街区 |
[08:35] | Did you know we had a Little Peru? | 你们知道我们有小秘鲁区吗 |
[08:37] | Man, you missed so much. | 兄弟 你错过太多了 |
[08:38] | I mean, Walter belched the alphabet, | 沃尔特打着嗝说出了字母表 |
[08:40] | Brian went on a run about Trent’s sisters, | 布莱恩追了特伦特的妹妹们 |
[08:42] | Trent blew a gasket. | 特伦特生气了 |
[08:43] | Aw, man! | 伙计 |
[08:44] | Hey, so should we talk pizza tats? | 我们该讨论下披萨纹身吗 |
[08:46] | Like, where on the body to get them? | 比如 把它纹在哪个部位 |
[08:48] | I say ankle — | 我想要脚踝– |
[08:49] | edgy but not trashy. | 前卫而不颓废 |
[08:50] | No, bicep all day. That way when we flex, | 不 每天都能看到二头肌 这样当我们弯曲的时候 |
[08:53] | our slices can dance to the music. | 我们的纹身就能随音乐跳舞了 |
[08:54] | I say we go neck. | 我觉得脖子比较好 |
[08:55] | -Ouch! -No way! | -哎呦 -没门 |
[08:56] | I want an office job someday. | 我以后还想坐办公室呢 |
[08:58] | How ’bout our elbows? | 你们觉得手肘怎么样? |
[08:59] | That way if we all throw in, it’ll make a whole pie. | 等我们都伸到一起的时候 就能得到一整个派了 |
[09:04] | This many limbs pressed together | 这么多肢体挤在一起 |
[09:05] | reminds me of Trent’s sister on prom night. | 让我想起舞会那一晚特伦特的妹妹 |
[09:07] | Okay, Brian. | 好吧 布莱恩 |
[09:09] | Here we go! | 我们干一架! |
[09:09] | Whoa, whoa-whoa-whoa. | 喔噢 喔噢-喔噢-喔噢 |
[09:14] | Thanks for meeting with us, Headmaster Royce. | 罗伊斯校长 谢谢你接见我们 |
[09:16] | This is Emery, | 这是埃默里 |
[09:17] | my public-school brother. | 我公立学校的哥哥 |
[09:18] | I thought you had two brothers. | 我以为你有两个哥哥 |
[09:22] | You — you’re such a funny man. | 你 — 你太逗了 |
[09:24] | Two brothers. | 两个哥哥 |
[09:27] | Well, what can I do for you? | 那么 我能为你们做什么呢? |
[09:28] | We’re worried that the school blazers | 我们在担心学校的校服外套是 |
[09:30] | were made in China using child labor. | 中国的童工制造的 |
[09:32] | It has intricate basting stitches along the welt pocket. | 它贴边的口袋上缝了几针 |
[09:34] | You’ll only get that level of detail | 这么细致的做工只能 |
[09:36] | using expensive machinery or tiny fingers. | 很昂贵的机器或者是细小的手指做成 |
[09:39] | This is a very serious claim. | 这是一个很严肃的指控 |
[09:41] | I’ll check into it right away. | 我马上就会调查 |
[09:43] | I’m glad you boys brought it up. | 我很高兴你们提了这事 |
[09:44] | Well, the school motto is “Vox Clamantis in Veritate” — | 我们的校训是”Vox Clamantis in Veritate” |
[09:48] | a voice crying for the truth. | 意思是 发出真理的声音 |
[09:52] | We face the dawn | 我们带着勇敢的心 |
[09:54] | with brave full hearts | 正视黎明 |
[09:56] | We stand and face east for the Alma Mater. | 我们要面朝东方的母校站着 |
[09:58] | Boys once more and men we’ll be | 从63年开始 男孩们成长为男人 |
[10:01] | And girls as well since ’63 | 女孩们同样成长 |
[10:06] | St. Orlando’s, proud and free | 圣奥兰多 傲然自由 |
[10:14] | Hey, hey, boss. How’s the new house? | 嘿嘿 老板 新家怎么样? |
[10:17] | Far. I miss my old commute. | 远 我怀恋以前的路程了 |
[10:19] | Did you know there’s a Little Peru? | 你知道这有一个小秘鲁区吗 |
[10:22] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么鬼 |
[10:24] | Merchandise. | 售卖品 |
[10:30] | Mr. Bolton thinks it’s gonna generate more revenue. | 博尔顿先生认为这样会增加收益 |
[10:32] | Check it out. | 快看我 |
[10:35] | Now I look like how I feel. | 本我释放啦 |
[10:41] | Michael Bolton’s Cattleman’s Ranch? | 迈克尔·博尔顿牧场主的大牧场 |
[10:43] | He changed the name? I’ve only been out two days! | 他竟把名字都改了 我才走两天啊 |
[10:46] | -Hey, Louis. -Michael. | – 路易斯 – 迈克尔 |
[10:47] | I didn’t see you come in. | 我没瞧见你进来 |
[10:48] | I was in the back counting cutlery. | 我在柜台清点餐具呢 |
[10:50] | Hmm. I’m a little confused. | 我有点困惑 |
[10:51] | I thought you wanted to be a silent partner. | 我以为你想当个隐名合伙人呢 |
[10:54] | I did, until I thought about Kenny Rogers | 确实 不过当我想到肯尼·罗杰斯 |
[10:56] | sitting on all that chicken money. | 坐在那些卖鸡钱上时 |
[10:57] | Then I decided to get my hands dirty. | 我就决定插手了 |
[10:59] | You do know I wrote a bunch of his songs, right? | 你知道 我写了一些关于他的歌 对吧 |
[11:00] | I just wish you would’ve run this past me first. | 我只是希望你事先告诉我一声 |
[11:03] | This is a lot of change. | 这变化也太大了 |
[11:04] | Oh, it is. It really is. | 是的 确实如此 |
[11:07] | But then again, so is this. | 还有这个 |
[11:12] | It’s your cut of the merchandising. | 这是售卖品利润里你那一份 |
[11:26] | Louis! | 路易斯 |
[11:27] | You got a moped? | 你买了个助动车 |
[11:30] | It’s a riding mower. | 这是个乘坐式割草机 |
[11:31] | The yard at the old house would’ve been too small for one, | 旧房子的院子太小了 买了没用 |
[11:33] | but here we get to have some fun. | 现在终于有用武之地啦 |
[11:35] | I tried mowing you a “J.” | 我给你割了个字母 “J” |
[11:38] | It’s not great. | 水平有限 |
[11:40] | We can’t afford to have fun! | 我们穷人哪有资格作乐 |
[11:42] | Yes, we can. | 有资格啊 |
[11:43] | Michael Bolton gave me a big check for merchandising profits. | 迈克尔·博尔顿给我一大笔分红 |
[11:46] | We’re not house poor anymore. We’re house comfortable. | 我们再也不是有房的穷人啦 我们变成有房的中产啦 |
[11:48] | No, that doesn’t change anything. | 于事无补 |
[11:50] | What? It was a huge check. | 什么 这可是一大笔钱啊 |
[11:53] | I pretended it was too heavy to get out of my pocket | 在银行里 我假装荷包里有千斤重的东西 |
[11:55] | at the bank, and they thought I had a gun. | 结果他们还以为我持枪呢 |
[11:57] | I already factored it in when I ran the numbers. | 我做账时已经把这笔钱算进去了 |
[11:59] | How? I only just found out myself. | 怎么可能 我刚刚才发现啊 |
[12:01] | It’s all in the books. | 全在书里 |
[12:02] | Really? Well, can I see these books? | 是吗 我能看看这些书吗 |
[12:07] | They burned. | 烧了 |
[12:08] | -What? -In the fire. | – 什么 – 在火灾中 |
[12:09] | What? | 什么 |
[12:09] | It was a small fire in the file cabinet. | 档案柜里发生了一场小火灾 |
[12:11] | I put it out before it reached Evan’s report cards. | 在它烧掉埃文的成绩单前 我把火灭了 |
[12:14] | We also lost your white jeans. | 你的白色牛仔裤也烧了 |
[12:17] | There was a fire. | 有场火灾 |
[12:18] | -Mm-hmm. -In the file cabinet. | – 嗯嗯 – 档案柜起火了 |
[12:19] | A small one. | 一场小火灾 |
[12:23] | Okay, fine! | 好吧 你赢了 |
[12:25] | We’re not house poor. | 我们不是有房的穷人 |
[12:27] | – I lied. -Why would you say | – 我骗你的 – 为什么你要 |
[12:29] | we’re in financial trouble when we’re not? | 撒谎说我们有财政危机 |
[12:31] | Because I wanted us to buy this house, | 因为我想买这个房子 |
[12:33] | but I don’t want us to enjoy it. | 但是又不希望我们太享受了 |
[12:36] | I don’t understand. | 我搞不懂啊 |
[12:38] | Why don’t you want us to enjoy our new house? | 为什么你不希望我们享受新房的生活呢 |
[12:40] | I’m not comfortable being this comfortable. | 我们要是过得太自在 我就开始不自在了 |
[12:43] | What’s wrong with comfortable? | 享受生活有错吗 |
[12:44] | We used to sell furniture with that exact slogan. | 我们过去卖家具时 还用个这个标语呢 |
[12:46] | If we get too comfortable, | 日子过好了 |
[12:47] | then we’ll be satisfied with what we have. | 我们就会固步自封 |
[12:49] | And then we won’t keep pushing to be better. | 那还怎么有前进的动力啊 |
[12:51] | Better than what? | 你想怎样 |
[12:52] | And why do we always have to push? | 为什么非得有追求呢 |
[12:54] | Because pushing is what got us here. | 就是对生活有追求 我们才来美国啊 |
[12:55] | And now that we’re here, | 我们都已经来了 |
[12:57] | what’s the point of all the hard work if we can’t enjoy it? | 如果不享受人生 这么努力工作又有什么意义呢 |
[12:59] | So, that’s it? | 没啦 |
[13:02] | We’re done? | 就这样啦 |
[13:03] | We’ve achieved the dream? | 我们实现梦想了吗 |
[13:05] | Now we just sit around sipping Mai Tais | 我们就这样 喝着迈代鸡尾酒 |
[13:07] | and playing Scrabble while I watch you get old? | 玩着游戏 然后岁月静好 |
[13:08] | I’m not saying we’re done. | 我不是说不该奋斗了 |
[13:09] | I’m just saying that if we don’t enjoy what we have, | 我的意思是 如果我们不会享受 |
[13:12] | then we don’t have anything. | 又何谈拥有呢 |
[13:16] | I don’t even know how to enjoy it. | 我不知道该怎么享受人生 |
[13:18] | Struggling is all I’ve ever known. | 我只知道人要奋斗 |
[13:20] | Well, just loosen your grip a little. | 学会放手 |
[13:23] | You more than anyone deserves to enjoy the fruits of our labor. | 你比所有人都值得享受我们的劳动成果 |
[13:28] | So, if there really wasn’t a fire… | 如果火灾是假的… |
[13:30] | The white jeans are gone, Louis. | 白色牛仔裤没了 路易斯 |
[13:32] | Let them go. | 随它去吧 |
[13:36] | I can’t wait to see what Mr. Royce found out | 我迫不及待想知道罗伊斯先生 |
[13:37] | about the blazer scandal. | 发现了运动衣丑闻没 |
[13:39] | We really shouldn’t bother him. | 我们真的不该打扰他 |
[13:41] | I’m sure he’ll call us when he learns something. | 我确定 他要是发现了什么 会找我们的 |
[13:44] | Well, hello, boys. | 小家伙们 你们好呀 |
[13:45] | Anybody wanna earn $5 caddying? | 有人想挣5美元的球童费吗 |
[13:47] | You’re going out to play golf? | 你准备去打高尔夫 |
[13:49] | What about the blazers? | 运动衣事件怎么办 |
[13:50] | The blazers? | 运动衣 |
[13:52] | The child labor? In China? | 童工 中国 |
[13:54] | Yes, I haven’t gotten around to that yet. | 我还没有着手调查这件事呢 |
[13:56] | It’s my vacation. | 我在休假呢 |
[13:58] | But you said you’d look into it right away. | 但你说过你会立马调查这个事啊 |
[14:00] | Yes, first thing, when the new semester starts. | 没错 这将是新学期的第一要务 |
[14:02] | See that, Emery? First thing. | 怎么样 埃默里 第一要务哦 |
[14:07] | Look. | 听着 |
[14:08] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[14:09] | Those who can’t wear the blazer | 穿不起我们学校校服外套的人 |
[14:11] | will always try to tear it off you. | 永远会在你身上巧取豪夺 |
[14:13] | The truth is, these public school kids, | 事实上 这些公立学校的小孩们 |
[14:15] | they’re worse than us — | 远不如我们 |
[14:16] | reeking of school lunches and two-in-one shampoos. | 他们身上散发着学校午餐和二合一洗发水的气息 |
[14:20] | The other day, I saw one getting on a bus | 前几天 我看的有个小孩 |
[14:23] | in flip-flops and a towel. | 穿着人字拖 裹着毛巾将上了公交车 |
[14:25] | I’m sorry your brother dragged you into this nonsense. | 很遗憾你哥哥把你卷进这个无聊的事件中 |
[14:34] | Let me tell you something about my brother. | 我来跟你聊聊我哥的事 |
[14:37] | He’s the best person I know. | 他是最棒的 |
[14:39] | If he’s concerned about these blazers, then so am I. | 如果他关心校服外套的事情 那么我也一样 |
[14:42] | You gave us your word you’d do something. | 你话已经说出去了 就得做点实事 |
[14:44] | Last I checked, St. Orlando is the patron saint | 据我所知 圣奥兰多是药膏和药酒的守护神 |
[14:47] | of salves and tinctures, not of casual promises. | 不是随意的承诺者 |
[14:52] | I know you’re new to private school, | 我知道你刚来私立学校 |
[14:55] | but you don’t tell the headmaster how to do his job. | 但是轮不到你来指导校长工作 |
[14:58] | And you’re new to brave little boys, | 你还不了解这个勇敢的小男孩 |
[14:59] | because I would be ashamed to attend a school | 我认为 去一所忽视可能存在血汗工厂的学校 |
[15:02] | that ignores the possibility of sweatshop labor. | 是可耻的一件事 |
[15:06] | Well put, sir. | 说得好 先生 |
[15:09] | Best of luck next year. | 祝你明年好运 |
[15:12] | What? | 什么 |
[15:12] | No young man should be forced to attend a school | 如果你不尊敬这个学校 |
[15:14] | he doesn’t respect. | 没有人非逼着你来 |
[15:16] | I’m revoking your admission. | 我要取消了你的入学资格 |
[15:18] | Think of us every time you face east. | 你每一次面向东方的时候记得想起我们 |
[15:28] | Sorry I’m late, guys. Biking is hard. | 对不起我来晚了 骑车太难了 |
[15:30] | So, I went to the library | 我去了图书馆 |
[15:31] | and printed these out for our pizza tattoos. | 把我们的这些披萨纹身印了出来 |
[15:33] | We gotta chose our style, toppings, crust… | 我们可以选择披萨图案的风格 馅料 饼底… |
[15:36] | Yeah, actually, I don’t think we’re gonna do that. | 事实上 我觉得我们不应该这么做 |
[15:38] | We can’t just leave it up to the tattoo guy. | 我们不能让纹身的小哥随便纹呐 |
[15:40] | No, he means we’re not getting tattoos. | 不 他的意思是我们不想纹身了 |
[15:43] | I want Judaism to remain an option. | 我想留着当犹太人的选择 |
[15:45] | You guys just decided this without me? | 你们背着我就决定了 |
[15:47] | We talked about it, and you weren’t here, so. | 我们谈这事的时候你正好不在 所以 |
[15:49] | I’m here now! | 我现在在呀 |
[15:50] | Dude, take it easy. | 哥们 没啥大不了的 |
[15:51] | We didn’t do your idea. It’s no big deal. | 我们没按照你的想法做 这没什么的 |
[15:53] | It is to me! I thought getting a tattoo | 这对我来说有什么 我想着纹一个纹身 |
[15:55] | would be a cool way not to forget each other, | 是让我们记住彼此的一个很酷的方式 |
[15:56] | but clearly it’s already happened. | 但是很显然你们已经开始忘掉我了 |
[15:58] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[15:59] | You guys probably aren’t going to be popular anyways. | 你们本来也不会多受欢迎 |
[16:01] | Honestly, even if we did go to the same high school, | 说实话 即使我们去了同一个高中 |
[16:03] | I’d ditch you so fast. | 我也会很快甩掉你们的 |
[16:05] | You can’t do anything fast except eat. | 你除了吃什么事也快不起来 |
[16:08] | You know what? We’re done. | 你猜怎么着 咱们算是完了 |
[16:10] | Good luck with high school, losers. | 祝你们高中好运吧 失败者们 |
[16:13] | Oh, and, Dave? | 另外 戴夫 |
[16:14] | Mail me back my Tecmo Bowl. | 把我的保龄球邮给我 |
[16:16] | Yeah, I’ll mail it back to you. | 我会还给你的 |
[16:17] | In pieces, you whiny dookie-head! | 切成片还 你个爱发牢骚的疯子 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry you lost your spot at St. Orlando’s. | 我很抱歉你失去了圣奥兰多的入学资格 |
[16:40] | What am I gonna tell Mom? | 我怎么告诉妈妈 |
[16:41] | We’re not gonna let them get away with it. | 我们不会轻易让这事就这么算了 |
[16:43] | We’ll take a picture of that tag and go wide. | 我们照一张那个标签的照片 让它疯传 |
[16:45] | Once it gets out that St. Orlando’s | 一旦有消息传出来 |
[16:47] | is covering up a child labor scandal, | 圣奥兰多学校在粉饰一场童工丑闻 |
[16:49] | all hell will break loose. | 他们就完蛋了 |
[16:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[16:57] | Wisconsin? | 威斯康星州 |
[16:59] | Oops. | 糟糕了 |
[17:00] | You made me sacrifice my spot in school for Wisconsin? | 就因为威斯康星制造你断送了我的入学资格 |
[17:03] | Anyone could’ve made the same mistake. | 谁都可能犯这个同样的错误的 |
[17:05] | You saw the welt pocket. | 你看到那个口袋缝了 |
[17:06] | Wisconsin! | 威斯康星州 |
[17:07] | I’m gonna kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[17:09] | This heated floor is nice. | 这个加热地板真不错 |
[17:11] | It’s like lying on a stack of pancakes. | 就像躺在一摞薄煎饼上一样 |
[17:13] | Comfortable, right? | 很舒服吧 |
[17:14] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[17:20] | Your middle child has something to share with you. | 你们的第二个孩子有些事情想跟你们分享 |
[17:23] | Evan lost his spot at St. Orlando’s | 埃文失去了他去圣奥兰多的入学资格 |
[17:25] | because I encouraged him to fight | 因为我鼓励他去为了一个 |
[17:26] | a fictional human rights injustice. | 并不存在的人权不公去抗争 |
[17:28] | You lost your spot? | 你失去了资格 |
[17:29] | It was his fault. | 这是他的错 |
[17:31] | It was. I’m sorry. | 确实是我的错 对不起 |
[17:32] | I know that’s the whole reason we moved here. | 我知道我们搬到这就是为了这个学校 |
[17:36] | Well, if that school doesn’t want you, they’re idiots. | 如果那个学校不想要你 他们就是笨蛋 |
[17:41] | So, you’re not mad? | 所以你不生气吗 |
[17:42] | We’ll make our own private school. | 我们自己就能办个私立学校 |
[17:44] | And you’ll do better than any of those St. Orlando’s kids. | 你会比那些圣奥兰多的学生都要好 |
[17:48] | We’ll up your C.L.C., hire you a private tutor, | 我们会增加一些课外辅导 给你请个家教 |
[17:51] | have Grandma make you a blazer. | 让奶奶给你做件校服 |
[17:54] | We’re gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[17:57] | Group hug! Everything turned out fine! | 一起抱抱 一切都变得很好 |
[18:00] | Nobody’s angry at anybody! | 谁也没有生谁的气 |
[18:01] | Don’t even, Wisconsin. | 想都别想 威斯康星州 |
[18:05] | You know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[18:07] | Now we can go home. | 我们可以回家了 |
[18:10] | What? | 什么 |
[18:11] | You wanna go back to our old house? | 你想回我们原来的老房子 |
[18:13] | I miss it. | 我想那了 |
[18:14] | I miss Honey and the old neighborhood. | 我想念哈尼还有原来的邻居 |
[18:16] | It was better there. | 那边的生活更好 |
[18:18] | I didn’t have to try to enjoy it. | 我不需要试着去享受它 |
[18:20] | I just did. | 我本来就十分享受 |
[18:22] | This house isn’t us. | 这个房子不像是我们的 |
[18:25] | I miss it, too. | 我也想念原来的房子 |
[18:28] | But we can’t go back. | 但我们回不去了 |
[18:29] | We already made the down payment. | 我们已经付了钱了 |
[18:31] | We’re stuck here. | 我们被困在这了 |
[18:32] | Are we? | 是吗 |
[18:33] | Or did you forget that you’re married to a real-estate pimp? | 你是忘记了你娶了一个房地产代理吗 |
[18:38] | You want to return the house? | 你想把这个房子退回去 |
[18:42] | Sorry, we already closed the deal. | 可是我们手续已经交接完了 |
[18:44] | Well, that’s true, | 那是没错 |
[18:45] | but you never disclosed that this house is haunted. | 但这个房子闹鬼 |
[18:48] | My family hears voices in the walls. | 我的家人能听到墙里的声音 |
[18:51] | Um… | 额… |
[18:51] | Houses perceived to be haunted | 如果住户觉得房子闹鬼 |
[18:53] | constitute a “Phenomena stigma.” | 就构成了“污名现象” |
[18:55] | Failing to disclose a stigmatized property | 你没能如实告知我们房子是凶宅 |
[18:57] | allows me to rescind the sale. | 所以我们可以解除合约 |
[18:59] | It’s a thing. Look it up. | 是有这么回事的 你可以查查看 |
[19:03] | I hate real estate. | 我讨厌房地产代理 |
[19:04] | We’ll be out by Friday. | 我们周五就走 |
[19:07] | Attention, everyone. Pack your bags. | 大家注意了 收拾一下行李 |
[19:09] | We’re moving on back. | 我们要搬回去了 |
[19:21] | Feels good to be back in the old neighborhood. | 回到原来的社区感觉真好 |
[19:23] | Close to work, where I can keep an eye on Bolton. | 离工作的地方近 这样我就能看着博尔顿 |
[19:26] | He wants to put a veggie burger on the menu. | 他想把素汉堡加到菜单里 |
[19:27] | Only one Bolton story a day, remember? | 一天只能讲一次博尔顿的事 记得吗 |
[19:30] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:31] | Evan, you need to talk to me at some point. | 埃文 你总有一天得跟我说话呀 |
[19:33] | We’re gonna be sharing a room again. | 我们又要住在一个屋了 |
[19:34] | I’ll talk to you. | 我会跟你说话的 |
[19:36] | About how you’re gonna get me back into St. Orlando’s. | 说说你准备怎么把我弄回圣奥兰多 |
[19:38] | Because I am going to that school! | 因为我就要去那个学校 |
[19:49] | I’m going to the same high school as my friends, | 我要跟我的好朋友们去同一个高中了 |
[19:52] | and they’re not my friends anymore. | 可是他们不再是我的朋友了 |
[19:54] | I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[20:10] | All right, everybody. We’re home! | 好了各位 我们到家了 |
[20:13] | See, boys? This is why you never throw out a key. | 看到了么孩子们 这就是为什么你们永远都不把钥匙扔了 |
[20:31] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[20:32] | Well, I’m Adam. | 我叫亚当 |
[20:33] | My family and I just rented this house. | 我们家刚租了这个房子 |
[20:35] | What? | 什么 |
[20:36] | Who are you? | 你们又是谁 |
[20:38] | Oh, wait. Did you see our flyer? | 哦等一下 你是看到了我们的传单了吗 |
[20:40] | Did you find our cat? | 你找到我们的猫了吗 |
[20:41] | Kids, get in here! They found Mr. S’mores! | 孩子们快过来 他们找到斯摩尔先生啦 |
[20:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[20:45] | My worst nightmare has come true. | 我最可怕的噩梦成真了 |
[20:50] | We’re homeless. | 我们无家可归了 |
[20:54] | Uh, okay. | 好的 |
[20:55] | Well, if you’re gonna stay, | 如果你们要在这呆着 |
[20:57] | can you take your shoes off? | 可以请你们把鞋脱了吗 |