时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Who is this, again? | 这是谁来着? |
[00:12] | It’s your mom’s great-aunt’s second cousin, | 是你妈妈姑姥姥的二表亲 |
[00:14] | so very closely related. | 所以关系很近的 |
[00:16] | Are those her sisters? | 那是她的姐妹吗? |
[00:18] | Yes. They were triplets. | 是 她们是三胞胎 |
[00:19] | Trina was the oldest, then Gina, then Yu-Mei. | 特瑞娜是最大的 然后是吉娜 最小的是瑜美 |
[00:23] | If I were a triplet, I’d have one do my homework, | 如果我是三胞胎 我就让一个做作业 |
[00:26] | one do my chores, and one get into shenanigans. | 一个做家务 剩下一个玩恶作剧 |
[00:29] | They’re not your clones. | 他们不是你的克隆人 |
[00:31] | Also, you’re one of them. | 而且 那样你也是三胞胎之一 |
[00:33] | Oh, now you’re into math. | 你现在倒是会算数了 |
[00:36] | Oh, no. I got a stain on the tie I borrowed from Dad. | 糟糕 我从爸爸那借来的领带被我弄脏了 |
[00:40] | My year of bad luck just won’t end. | 我本命年的厄运就是完不了了 |
[00:49] | Really? That seems disrespectful. | 真的? 感觉有点不尊重啊 |
[01:00] | Okay. I guess it can’t hurt. | 好吧 我猜也没什么坏处 |
[01:07] | I was supposed to spit into the handkerchief | 我应该吐在手绢儿上 |
[01:09] | and put that in the casket, wasn’t I? | 然后放进棺材里 对吧? |
[01:20] | Mom, where’s Connie? | 妈 康妮呢? |
[01:28] | How nice. | 真好 |
[01:43] | We should go grab our seats — | 咱们该入座了– |
[01:44] | near the back, in case your aunt sings. | 坐在后面 避开你阿姨的歌声 |
[01:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:47] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[01:49] | You look well. | 你看上去很好 |
[01:50] | You too. Have you eaten? | 你也是 吃了吗? |
[01:51] | Not yet, but I will. | 没 一会儿的 |
[01:53] | Are you warm enough? | 你还暖和吗? |
[01:54] | Yes. I brought a light sweater. | 我带了一件薄毛衣 |
[01:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:58] | I’m going to go find a chair with some padding. | 我去找个带衬垫的椅子 |
[02:01] | The wood on these looks subpar. | 木的看着不够档次 |
[02:03] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[02:04] | Okay. Nice to see you. | 也很高兴见到你 |
[02:07] | Who was that man? | 他是谁? |
[02:09] | Oh, that was my father. | 那是我爸爸 |
[02:27] | Hold up. That was your dad?! | 等等 那是你爸爸?! |
[02:29] | What? | 怎么了? |
[02:30] | Oh, you thought he would look older? | 你是不是觉得他应该再老一点? |
[02:32] | What can I say? We have good genes. | 我能说什么? 我们基因很强的 |
[02:35] | We didn’t know you had a dad. You never talk about him. | 我们都不知道你有爸爸 你从来都不提他的 |
[02:38] | I thought he was dead. | 我以为他死了呢 |
[02:39] | Of course he’s not dead. | 他当然没死 |
[02:41] | No one in my family has died before the age of 90 — | 我们家没人在九十岁之前走掉– |
[02:44] | except for Great-Uncle Xi, and he loved his menthols. | 除了席舅爷 他很喜欢薄荷脑 |
[02:47] | He used to swallow the butts. | 他能吃完一瓶 |
[02:49] | So, how come we’ve never met our grandfather? | 那我们怎么从来没见过我们的姥爷? |
[02:52] | You’ve met him. | 你见过的 |
[02:53] | He waved at you through the hospital window | 你出生之后 他在医院窗户外面 |
[02:55] | after you were born. | 向你挥手呢 |
[02:58] | He’s a diplomat, and he works all over the world, | 他是个外交官 在世界各地工作 |
[03:00] | so we didn’t see him that much. | 所以我们不怎么见他 |
[03:01] | So, when did he get divorced from Grandma Chu? | 所以 他什么时候和楚姥姥离婚的? |
[03:04] | Divorced?! Don’t be ridiculous! | 离婚?! 别开玩笑了! |
[03:06] | They’re still married. | 他们还结着婚呢 |
[03:08] | And they still see each other every few years, | 而且他们每隔几年还是会见一次 |
[03:10] | and he always sends her coasters from the Hard Rock | 而且他每去一个城市 都从岩石酒店给她 |
[03:12] | in every city he visits. | 寄茶杯垫 |
[03:14] | I’ve seen those. | 我见过那些 |
[03:15] | That means your dad’s been to Copenhagen. | 那你爸爸去过哥本哈根啊 |
[03:17] | He travels a lot. | 他到处旅行 |
[03:19] | That’s how it always was in my family. | 在我家里就是这样 |
[03:21] | My mom was around, My dad was away. | 妈妈总在身边 爸爸总在远方 |
[03:23] | I didn’t see my dad much, either — | 我也不总是见到我的爸爸– |
[03:25] | because he was always working. | 因为他总是工作 |
[03:26] | He worked literally up until the day he died — | 他真的工作至死– |
[03:29] | like George Burns. | 像乔治·伯恩斯 |
[03:31] | Godfather of comedy. | 喜剧之父 |
[03:32] | We miss you, George — every day. | 我们每天都在想你 乔治 |
[03:37] | So many questions. What’s so hard to understand? | 这么多问题 有什么难理解呢? |
[03:40] | We grew up in a different time. | 我们成长的时代不一样 |
[03:41] | We had a different relationship with our parents. | 我们和父母的关系不一样 |
[03:43] | Our boys are luckier than we were. | 咱儿子们比咱们幸运 |
[03:45] | I feel lucky enough. | 我已经很幸运了 |
[03:47] | Well, you have to admit, it would’ve been nice | 你得承认 如果你爸爸能来参加咱们的婚礼 |
[03:48] | if your dad had made it to our wedding. | 也是挺不错的 |
[03:50] | We had our reception in a car dealership. | 咱们的招待会是在汽车行举办的 |
[03:53] | Honestly, Louis, I haven’t given it a second thought. | 说真的 路易斯 我都没多想 |
[03:57] | Of course, Cousin Karen is wearing a strapless dress. | 凯伦表妹当然会穿没肩带的连衣裙了 |
[04:01] | It’s, like, “We get it, Karen. | 很烦人 ” 我们知道了 凯伦 |
[04:02] | You have the best shoulders in the family.” | 你的肩膀是家里最好看的” |
[04:08] | Shoot. I can’t find Dad’s tie. | 糟糕 我找不到爸爸的领带的 |
[04:11] | First I stain it, then I lose it? | 我先是弄脏了 又是弄丢了? |
[04:13] | Relax. There’s, like, never a time in my life | 放松 在我的生活中 |
[04:15] | when something isn’t lost. | 总会丢东西 |
[04:16] | Well, I’m not you. | 我又不是你 |
[04:20] | Sorry. I’m jet-lagged. | 抱歉 都怪时差 |
[04:21] | It was the layover in Atlanta. | 还怪在亚特兰大的滞留 |
[04:23] | Big hub. | 大枢纽站啊 |
[04:24] | I’m sorry. I can’t help you look for the tie. | 抱歉我不能帮你找领带 |
[04:27] | I’m revising my will and trust. | 我在修订我的遗产和信托金 |
[04:29] | I was talking to Aunt Lynn at the funeral | 我和林阿姨在葬礼聊了聊 |
[04:30] | and realized I haven’t updated it | 然后我意识到从我们回到了 |
[04:32] | since we first moved to Orlando. | 奥兰多后 我还没有更新过 |
[04:34] | Few things. | 几个问题 |
[04:36] | Who’s Aunt Lynn? | 谁是林阿姨? |
[04:37] | Also, since when do you have a will and trust? | 还有 你什么时候有的遗嘱和信托金? |
[04:40] | I don’t know. How old are you in preschool? | 我不知道 我上幼儿园的时候是多大? |
[04:42] | Good thing I looked at it. | 真高兴我看了看 |
[04:43] | I forgot I named Honey as my executor. | 我忘了我让蜜儿当我的执行人了 |
[04:46] | I need to change that. | 我一定要改了那个 |
[04:48] | She’s shown herself to be too emotional in the face of tragedy. | 她在面临灾难的时候 太情绪化了 |
[04:51] | Princess Diana’s public life | 戴安娜公主的公众生活 |
[04:52] | began and ended the same way — | 结束和开始的方式一样– |
[04:54] | with the paparazzi in pursuit. | 被狗仔队追赶着 |
[04:57] | Whoa. | 喔 |
[04:59] | Yeah, she maxed out all our credit cards | 她把我们的信用卡刷爆了 |
[05:00] | buying Princess Di commemorative plates. | 就为了买戴安娜公主的纪念盘子 |
[05:03] | I ate a piece of pizza off one of them. | 我用那个吃了一块披萨 |
[05:04] | She didn’t speak to me for two days. | 她两天都没跟我说话 |
[05:06] | Why?! | 为什么啊?! |
[05:09] | I need the executor of my will | 我希望在那个时候 我的执行人 |
[05:10] | to be composed and responsible when the time comes. | 能沉着冷静 认真负责 |
[05:13] | I don’t care about anything after I die. I’m dead. | 我死后什么事都不在乎 我都死了啊 |
[05:16] | Of course you don’t — because you’re so selfish. | 你当然不在乎– 你那么自私 |
[05:19] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:20] | I’m still worked up about the layover in Atlanta. | 我还没从亚特兰大的滞留中过渡出来呢 |
[05:23] | How can you have three Cinnabons and all of them are closed? | 怎么能有三个肉桂店 但是都关门了? |
[05:29] | You know I don’t like change, Madame Xing. | 邢女士 你知道我不喜欢改变 |
[05:31] | I’m happy with what I know. | 我知足常乐 |
[05:32] | It’s what I was used to growing up. | 我长大全靠这句话 |
[05:35] | But then, when I was in Texas, | 但是我在德州的时候 |
[05:36] | I started thinking — maybe there’s another way. | 我开始想– 或许还有其他方法 |
[05:39] | But is it too late to try? | 但是现在尝试会不会太晚? |
[05:41] | Did I miss my chance? | 我错失良机了吗? |
[05:44] | No. | 没有 |
[05:45] | I can’t talk to Louis about it. | 我不能和路易斯说这个 |
[05:47] | He’d just turn it into a big deal. | 他肯定会小题大做的 |
[05:55] | It’s all in the wrist. Eh? | 全靠手腕力量 哈? |
[05:57] | All right, we have our drinks. | 好了 我们享用过酒了 |
[05:59] | So, tell me all about | 所以 跟我说说 |
[06:00] | this Jessica conversation you overheard. | 你偷听到的杰西卡的对话 |
[06:02] | So, she was, uh, having her monthly call | 所以 她在和她的灵媒邢女士 |
[06:05] | with her psychic, Madame Xing. | 打每月一次的电话 |
[06:06] | And she was talking | 然后她提到了 |
[06:07] | about her relationship with her father, | 和他父亲的关系 |
[06:09] | wondering if she missed her chance to connect with him. | 在想她是不是错过了和他建立感情的时机 |
[06:11] | Now, I knew she felt this way deep down. I mean, I get it. | 现在 我知道她内心深处是这么想的 我理解 |
[06:14] | I had a distant relationship with my dad, too. | 我和我父亲的关系也很远 |
[06:16] | I don’t think my dad even knew my middle name. | 我觉得我爸爸连我的中间名都不知道 |
[06:19] | Zeus. | 宙斯 |
[06:21] | But Jessica’s so stubborn, | 但是杰西卡那么固执 |
[06:22] | she would never admit her true feelings to me, | 她永远不会向我承认她的真实感情 |
[06:24] | which is why it’s so great that the second triplet just died. | 所以三胞胎中第二个过世的时机刚刚好 |
[06:28] | Triplets? I love triplets. Big fan. | 三胞胎? 我喜欢三胞胎 特别喜欢 |
[06:30] | I mean, it’s not great that she died, but she was 90. | 她去世了不是什么伟大的事情 但她已经九十岁了 |
[06:32] | There are sadder things. | 所以也不是什么太令人悲伤的事 |
[06:34] | Marvin! Ha! | 马文! |
[06:36] | It’s finally here! | 终于到了! |
[06:38] | This is the one where Diana is holding Bubbles the chimp | 这是戴安娜和迈克尔·杰克逊 |
[06:40] | with Michael Jackson. | 养大猩猩泡泡的地方 |
[06:42] | I need you to move your medals. | 我得麻烦你把你的勋章挪走 |
[06:46] | Anyway, you were saying? | 你要说什么来着? |
[06:47] | So, Jessica and I are going to another funeral, in Houston, | 杰西卡和我要去休斯顿参加另一场葬礼 |
[06:50] | and her dad is going to be there again. | 她父亲也要去 |
[06:52] | Now, if she won’t talk to me about it, | 现在 如果她不打算和我谈这件事 |
[06:54] | at least I can get her to talk to him. | 至少我可以让她和她父亲谈谈 |
[06:56] | Houston, we have a solution! | 休斯顿 我们有办法了! |
[06:58] | I’m gonna bring my wife and her dad together. | 我打算带我的妻子和岳父去那儿 |
[07:05] | Mmm! This wine is great! | 这酒真不错! |
[07:07] | White wine after 5:00 p.m. is for the ladies. | 女士才在下午五点以后喝白葡萄酒 |
[07:09] | We men have to get it in during the day. | 我们男人就得在白天喝 |
[07:20] | You can’t boss me around anymore, Gina. | 吉娜 你再也不能随便使唤我了 |
[07:22] | I can finally wear miniskirts. | 我终于可以穿超短裙了 |
[07:27] | Very sad. Very sad. | 太难过了 真令人悲伤 |
[07:30] | Ooh! There’s your dad. | 你爸爸在那儿 |
[07:33] | Mr. Chu, hello. | 您好 楚先生 |
[07:34] | You two want to go look at the casket together or…? | 你们两个想一起去看看棺材或者…? |
[07:37] | I already got in there. | 我已经进去过了 |
[07:39] | She looks handsome and serene. | 她看起来端庄又安详 |
[07:45] | Uh…Jessica, | 杰西卡 |
[07:46] | why don’t you sit next to your dad? | 你就坐你爸爸旁边怎么样? |
[07:48] | And, Mrs. Chu, why don’t we go get some tea? | 楚夫人 我们不如一起去喝杯茶吧? |
[07:52] | The tea here is great. | 这儿的茶很棒的 |
[07:56] | Louis, she doesn’t want tea. | 路易斯 她不想喝茶 |
[07:59] | We could just sit somewhere else. | 我们可以随便坐个别的地方 |
[08:04] | Uh, Jessica, I was just talking to your dad | 杰西卡 我刚在和你爸爸说 |
[08:07] | about all the miles we’re racking up | 我们飞来飞去参加这些葬礼 |
[08:08] | flying back and forth to these funerals. | 攒下来的里程数 |
[08:10] | Probably adds up to a free ticket. | 加起来可能够换免费机票的了 |
[08:12] | Christmas is just around the corner. | 圣诞节就要到了 |
[08:13] | I want to use my miles to go to Barcelona. | 我想用我的里程换去巴塞罗那的票 |
[08:17] | Do you mean “Barthelona”? | 你是说 “巴瑟罗那”? |
[08:30] | Eddie, I have a serious question for you. | 埃迪 我要问你一个非常严肃的问题 |
[08:32] | Just do it in the shower. | 趁着洗澡撸 |
[08:33] | – What? – Hm? | – 什么? – 怎么? |
[08:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:37] | I just wanted to ask you | 我只是想问你 |
[08:38] | if you would be the executor of my will. | 愿不愿意做我的遗嘱执行人 |
[08:40] | Really? You want me to do it? | 真的吗? 你想让我来做这个? |
[08:42] | Yeah. You’re my oldest brother. | 对 你是我的大哥嘛 |
[08:47] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[08:49] | I’ll do you proud, little bro. | 我会让你骄傲的 小弟 |
[08:50] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[08:51] | I just need to go get this notarized by Deidre. | 我需要去找黛德丽做个公证 |
[08:54] | She’s not the best notary I’ve worked with, | 她不是我合作过的最好的公证人 |
[08:56] | but she did my patent, | 但是她处理了我的专利 |
[08:58] | so I wanted to throw her more business. | 所以我希望交给她更多的工作 |
[09:01] | Uh, I was thinking… you two never did | 我就是在想… 你们没有在 |
[09:04] | a father/daughter dance at our wedding. | 我们的婚礼上跳过父女舞 |
[09:06] | I could ask the organist if she knows any Journey. | 我可以问问管风琴手她会不会这类曲子 |
[09:09] | – No, thank you. – No, thank you. | – 不 谢谢 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[09:13] | Louis. | 路易斯 |
[09:15] | What’s going on? Why are you being so weird? | 发生了什么? 你怎么这么奇怪? |
[09:17] | I heard you talking to Madame Xing. | 我听到你和邢夫人的谈话了 |
[09:19] | You said you wish you had | 你说你希望 |
[09:20] | a closer relationship with your dad, | 和你父亲有更好的关系 |
[09:22] | but you feel like you missed your chance. | 但你觉得你已经错过这个机会了 |
[09:24] | Missed my chance? | 错过了机会? |
[09:27] | I was talking about chicken! | 我是在说鸡! |
[09:29] | Everyone in Houston was trying to push | 休斯顿的每一个人都想把 |
[09:31] | the barbecue chicken on me, and I said no, | 烤鸡给我 我说了不 |
[09:33] | but then I worried that I missed out on something amazing. | 但我随后开始担心我错过了很棒的东西 |
[09:36] | Oh, come on. You said you couldn’t talk to me about it | 得了吧 你说过你不会跟我说这种事 |
[09:39] | because you thought I’d turn it into a big deal. | 因为你觉得我每次都拿这当个大事 |
[09:40] | You would. | 你确实会 |
[09:42] | Every time I eat something new, you make a big deal out of it. | 每次我尝试新的食物的时候 你都表现得像什么天大的事 |
[09:45] | Remember the first time I tried pecan pie? | 还记得我第一次吃核桃派的时候吗? |
[09:49] | Huh? Huh? Huh? | 怎么样 怎么样? |
[09:50] | Amazing, right? | 很棒 对吧? |
[09:51] | First it’s sweet, then comes the salt. | 先是甜 然后又很咸 |
[09:53] | Talk to me. Talk to me. | 跟我说说 |
[09:54] | What are you thinking? What are you feeling? | 你在想啥? 什么感觉? |
[09:56] | Back…off. | 退下 |
[10:01] | So, you weren’t talking about your dad on the phone? | 所以你不是再和你爸爸打电话? |
[10:02] | No. I was talking Texas barbecue chicken with my psychic. | 不 我是在跟灵媒谈论德州的烤鸡 |
[10:06] | Why is that so hard to understand? | 这有什么难理解的吗? |
[10:08] | Okay, I guess.. if you insist you were | 好吧 我想… 如果你坚持说 |
[10:10] | talking about barbecue chicken. | 你在聊是烤鸡的话 |
[10:12] | Louis, my relationship with my father is fine. | 路易斯 我和我父亲的关系很好 |
[10:14] | Stay out of it. | 别插手 |
[10:17] | Chicken? | 鸡? |
[10:18] | More like bull. | 更像公牛吧 |
[10:32] | A casserole from Amanda — one of my HOA associates. | 我的一个业主协会的同事阿曼达给我的焗饭 |
[10:36] | According to this note, | 从字条来看 |
[10:37] | she thinks I have a terminal illness. | 她以为我得绝症了 |
[10:40] | When I asked Deidre to notarize my will, | 我让黛德丽公证我的遗嘱的时候 |
[10:42] | she must’ve told Carol-Joan… | 她一定告诉了卡罗尔-琼… |
[10:45] | who told Lisa… | 卡罗尔-琼又告诉了丽莎… |
[10:47] | who told that blabbermouth Amanda, | 丽莎又告诉了大嘴巴阿曼达 |
[10:49] | and I can only imagine who she told. | 我完全能想到她都告诉了谁 |
[10:53] | I think they even called me once in the confusion. | 我觉得她们甚至可能不小心给我也打了电话 |
[11:00] | And now they all think I’m dying. | 现在她们都觉得我要死了 |
[11:10] | Eddie told me you picked him as your will person. | 埃迪告诉我你选择他作为遗嘱人 |
[11:12] | Executor. Whatever. | 执行人 随便吧 |
[11:14] | Why wouldn’t you choose me? | 你为什么不选我? |
[11:15] | As soon as your bad-luck year ends, | 你的本命年一结束 |
[11:17] | I’ll revise my will again and make you executor. | 我就修改我的遗嘱 让你当执行人 |
[11:20] | Oh. So Eddie’s just a temp? | 所以埃迪只是暂时替代的咯? |
[11:22] | Of course. You’re the reliable one. | 当然了 你才是我最靠谱的哥 |
[11:25] | But let’s face it — | 但是我们得面对现实 |
[11:26] | right now, you can’t even keep track of a tie. | 现在 你连条领带都看不住 |
[11:28] | Actually, I meant to tell you — I found Dad’s tie. | 我是想告诉你来着 我找到爸爸的领带了 |
[11:31] | Maybe my luck is turning around. | 没准我正转运哦 |
[11:33] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[11:38] | So, she’s in total denial. | 所以她现在完全否认 |
[11:40] | Mm. She doesn’t think her relationship with her dad is a problem. | 她不觉得自己和爸爸之间的关系有啥问题 |
[11:42] | Ha! They never do. | 她肯定这么想 |
[11:44] | And now we have to go back to Houston for a wedding. | 现在我们要回去休斯顿参加个婚礼 |
[11:46] | Gina had always forbade Yu-Mei from marrying | 吉娜一直禁止于梅结婚 |
[11:49] | and from picking an American name, | 还禁止她起英文名字 |
[11:50] | for reasons no one knows. Hm. | 原因谁也不知道 |
[11:52] | And now that Gina’s passed, | 既然现在吉娜已经去世了 |
[11:53] | Yu-Mei has given herself the name “Madison” | 于梅给自己起了英文名”麦迪逊” |
[11:55] | and is finally marrying the love of her life — | 也终于嫁给了真爱 |
[11:57] | Roger, a retired greengrocer. | 罗杰 一位退休蔬菜水果商 |
[11:59] | We’re going to see Jessica’s dad, | 我们还会见到杰西卡的爸爸 |
[12:00] | but I can’t force them to connect. | 但是我也不能强迫他们交流 |
[12:02] | They’ll probably just talk about food or the weather. | 他们可能就聊聊吃的跟天气吧 |
[12:05] | Even my dad and I had more things to talk about, | 连我和我爸都有更多可说的 |
[12:07] | like competitive crabbing. | 比如 捕蟹大赛什么的 |
[12:08] | Yeah, my dad loved to talk about flags. | 是啊 我爸比较喜欢聊旗帜 |
[12:11] | I just don’t want Jessica to have any regrets down the road. | 我就是不想杰西卡之后感到遗憾 |
[12:13] | Her dad’s not getting any younger. | 她爸爸岁数也不小了 |
[12:15] | I’m missing two! | 我丢了两个! |
[12:17] | Oh. Uh, well, Honey, we — we were just — | 啊 亲爱的 我们正 |
[12:19] | I-I’m missing Diana Coronation and Diana at Centre Court. | 我的”戴安娜加冕”和”戴安娜在中央球场”不见了! |
[12:22] | I– | 我 |
[12:26] | Lift up your pizza. | 把你们的披萨给我拿起来 |
[12:28] | Party’s over, Lou. | 派对结束了 小路 |
[12:35] | Cheeseburger tater tot casserole? | 芝士汉堡肉土豆焗饭? |
[12:37] | Respect, Lisa. | 真厉害啊 丽莎 |
[12:42] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[12:43] | Sorry. Can’t help it. | 抱歉哈 我忍不住 |
[12:45] | Just practicing my big-bro ruffle, like big brothers do. | 就是练练我的大哥式抚摸 大哥们都这样 |
[12:47] | You’re technically older, | 你事实年龄是比我大 |
[12:48] | but I’m the one everybody counts on. | 但得到每个人信赖的是我 |
[12:50] | Not everyone. | 不是每个人 |
[12:51] | Evan chose me to be his will person. | 埃文可是选我做他的遗嘱执行人呢 |
[12:53] | He trusts me with his stuff, not you. | 他选择信任我来管这事 不是你 |
[12:57] | I said don’t do that. | 我说过别这样了 |
[12:58] | You’re getting tot grease in my bangs. | 你把油都弄我刘海上了 |
[13:00] | You sound mad, middle brother. | 你好像生气了哦 二哥 |
[13:03] | Evan didn’t pick you. | 埃文没有选你 |
[13:04] | He’s just waiting out my year of bad luck, | 他是想等我的本命年过去之后 |
[13:06] | and then he’s gonna make me his will person — | 再让我当他的遗嘱执行人 |
[13:08] | because I’m better. | 因为我更合适 |
[13:09] | You’re just a temporary fix. | 你就是个临时替补 |
[13:17] | I deserve these empty calories. | 我就该吃这些垃圾脂肪 |
[13:18] | Hope they go straight to my thighs. | 希望能帮我长长大腿肉 |
[13:24] | Jessica, we’re going to be late! | 杰西卡 要晚了! |
[13:25] | I don’t rush you when you’re blow-drying your hair! | 你吹头的时候我可不催你 |
[13:28] | Don’t rush me when I’m lint-rolling my travel cardigan! | 所以我给旅行穿的羊毛衫去毛的时候也别催我! |
[13:32] | What’s with all the casseroles? | 这焗饭咋回事? |
[13:34] | The neighborhood ladies think I’m dying. | 隔壁的女士觉得我快死了 |
[13:35] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[13:36] | Well, I don’t have time to hear it. | 我可没空听了 |
[13:38] | I should feel guilty, | 我应该感到抱歉的 |
[13:39] | but I’m enjoying all the love I’m getting. | 但是我很享受现在得到的这些爱意 |
[13:41] | There’s a two-page note here from Carol-Joan. | 看 卡罗尔-琼给我写了两页长的信 |
[13:44] | Carol-Joan? | 卡罗尔-琼? |
[13:45] | I thought you two hadn’t spoken since the hedge feud. | 我以为你们那次世纪撕逼之后再也没说过话 |
[13:47] | You know how people change when they think you’re dying. | 当人们知道你快死了的时候 那就不一样了 |
[13:49] | It’s time to focus on what matters. | 是该关注重点的时候了 |
[13:53] | Right. | 对啊 |
[13:54] | Death brings people together. | 死亡使人重归于好啊 |
[14:02] | Your dad is dying. | 你爸爸快死了 |
[14:07] | My dad is dying? | 我爸快死了? |
[14:08] | – How do you know? – He told me. | – 你怎么知道的? – 他告诉我的 |
[14:10] | He asked me not to tell you. He’s very private. | 他还跟我说别告诉你 他很注重隐私的 |
[14:11] | But the important thing is, | 但是重要的是 |
[14:13] | now’s your chance to really connect with him — | 这正是你跟他恢复关系的机会 |
[14:15] | make the best of the time you have left. | 好好利用你俩剩下的这点时间 |
[14:16] | I should go talk to him. | 我得跟他聊聊 |
[14:18] | Yes, but, uh…maybe don’t bring up the “Dying” Thing. | 是啊 但是最好别提”死”字 |
[14:20] | He’s a proud man. | 他自尊心多强啊 |
[14:23] | He’s dancing now. | 他正跳舞呢 |
[14:26] | I’ll wait. | 我等他 |
[14:28] | Good. Good for him. | 好 他真勇敢 |
[14:34] | Grandma, can I talk to you for a sec? | 奶奶 我能跟你聊两句吗? |
[14:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:44] | Do you really think spitting straight into the casket | 你觉得 没有把口水吐在你的手绢上 |
[14:46] | and not into your handkerchief | 而是直接吐到棺材上这事 |
[14:48] | could have made my bad luck worse? | 真的会让我的坏运气变得更坏吗? |
[14:52] | I got mad about something that normally wouldn’t bother me, | 我因为一些过去根本都不会在意的事大发雷霆 |
[14:55] | and Eddie and I got into a fight. | 我还和埃迪吵架了 |
[14:57] | I feel like I’m changing into a different person. | 我感觉自己像变了一个人似的 |
[15:00] | Eddie was just being so annoying — | 埃迪太让人讨厌了 |
[15:01] | pretending to care about Evan, when he really doesn’t. | 假装很在乎埃文 但实际上根本不是 |
[15:12] | Yeah, Eddie owes everyone money. | 对 埃迪欠所有人钱 |
[15:20] | Wait — Dad’s tie? | 啥 爸爸的领带? |
[15:23] | So I didn’t find it. | 所以 不是我找到领带了 |
[15:24] | Eddie replaced it for me? | 是埃迪买了新的帮我补上了? |
[15:43] | Thirsty. | 好渴 |
[15:49] | Hi, Dad. How you feeling? | 爸爸 你感觉怎么样? |
[15:51] | Are you tired? | 累吗? |
[15:52] | A little. | 有一点 |
[15:54] | Would you like to sit? | 要坐会吗? |
[15:56] | Not yet. | 不用不用 |
[15:58] | A-Are you going to sit? | 你 你要坐吗? |
[16:00] | Eventually. | 等会吧 |
[16:04] | Come on! You think he’s dying! | 赶紧行动啊! 不都告诉你他快死了吗! |
[16:06] | Weather turned hot. | 天气变热了啊 |
[16:08] | Oh, it has. | 是啊 |
[16:10] | Can you breathe okay? | 你还能正常呼吸不? |
[16:12] | I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[16:13] | I-It’s not that hot. | 还 还没那么热 |
[16:20] | Well, see you later. | 那以后见啊 |
[16:21] | Okay, see you later. | 好 再见 |
[16:24] | Really?! | 真的假的? |
[16:26] | That’s it?! | 这样就完了? |
[16:27] | You think your dad’s dying, and that’s all you have to say? | 你想着你爸爸快死了 然后就跟他说这点东西? |
[16:30] | Don’t you want to thank him for all he’s done? | 你不想为他所做的一切表达你的感谢? |
[16:32] | Don’t you want to know what he thinks about you? | 不想知道他是怎么看你的? |
[16:34] | Invite him to Christmas? | 请他来一起过圣诞节? |
[16:35] | Make sure he sees you play guitar? | 一定让他看到你弹吉他的样子? |
[16:37] | I don’t play guitar. You do. | 我不弹吉他 是你弹 |
[16:39] | What if he really was dying? | 他如果真的快死了呢? |
[16:40] | Wouldn’t you want him to know | 你不想让他知道 |
[16:41] | that you met your dream girl in college | 你在大学遇见了你的一生挚爱 |
[16:43] | or that crabbing shouldn’t be a competition | 或者抓螃蟹不该成为一项比赛 |
[16:45] | or that you love improv? | 或者你喜欢即兴表演 |
[16:47] | Or that you’re sorry the last time he saw you | 又或者你很后悔最后一次见他的时候 |
[16:49] | was when you ran out of a hot tub naked? | 你光着身子从浴缸里跑了出去 |
[16:51] | No goodbye — just my bare ass running out of the water! | 连句道别也没有–只有我刚跑出浴缸的光溜溜的屁股 |
[16:55] | I missed my chance to get to know him, | 我错过了去了解他的机会 |
[16:57] | and I regret it every day! | 直到现在我还是每天都很后悔 |
[17:03] | Oh, not today! | 非得在今天 |
[17:06] | I’ve been planning this for 70 years! | 我为了今天准备了整整七十年了! |
[17:09] | Go, Joanne! Go! | 往前走 乔安妮!往前走! |
[17:18] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[17:19] | I’m just thinking about that robot housekeeper | 我正在合计着那个摩登家庭 |
[17:20] | from “The Jetsons”. | 里面的机器人管家 |
[17:21] | Do you think Rosie wanted to be there? | 你觉得罗西想在那吗? |
[17:24] | Grandma told me about the tie. Thank you. | 姥姥跟我说了领带的事 谢谢你 |
[17:26] | Oh, it’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[17:27] | You were just so stressed about losing it, | 你那么紧张怕把它丢了 |
[17:30] | and I was at the mall anyway, | 我当时反正也在商场 |
[17:31] | trying to help Trent find flattering overalls. | 帮特伦特挑工装裤呢 |
[17:33] | It took a while. | 找了好一会儿 |
[17:36] | I’m sorry I was a jerk earlier. | 很抱歉我刚才表现的很混蛋 |
[17:39] | I was a jerk, too. | 我当时也挺混蛋的 |
[17:40] | When Evan asked me to be his will person, | 当埃文叫我当他的遗嘱执行人的时候 |
[17:42] | I didn’t know I was just a placeholder. | 我不知道我就是个凑数的 |
[17:44] | It was just cool | 我当时觉着 |
[17:45] | thinking I could be the big brother for once. | 能终于当一次大哥挺酷的 |
[17:46] | You’re a great big brother. | 你是一个很好的大哥 |
[17:48] | You replaced that tie without even telling me. | 你帮我换了领带还没告诉我 |
[17:51] | When you’re having a bad year, | 当你本命年诸事不顺的时候 |
[17:52] | sometimes, you just need good stuff to happen. | 你只需要等待好事发生 |
[17:55] | Trust me — I know. | 相信我–我懂你的 |
[17:57] | This bad-luck year sucks. | 这本命年真糟心 |
[17:58] | Want to know a secret? | 告诉你个秘密呀 |
[18:00] | This “Year of the bad luck” Thing? | “本命年”这事儿 |
[18:02] | It’s just puberty. | 其实就是青春期 |
[18:04] | And it gets worse and lasts way longer than a year. | 事情会变得很糟糕而且也不会只持续一年 |
[18:07] | Oh, no. | 我的天哪 |
[18:08] | At least we’re in it together. | 至少我们能一起经历 |
[18:10] | Emery, quick question for my will. | 埃默里 问你个关于我遗嘱的小问题 |
[18:12] | Who do you want to get my half | 你想让谁继承我的 |
[18:14] | of the Huang Boys’ Detective Agency? | 一半的黄家侦探所 |
[18:20] | -Congratulations! -Thank you so much. | – 祝贺你 – 谢谢 |
[18:24] | Did you really think I was dying? | 你之前真以为我快病危了吗? |
[18:26] | For a minute. | 曾经有那么一会儿 |
[18:28] | No one in our family has died before 90. | 之前我们家里没人在九十岁之前去世 |
[18:31] | Except Great-Uncle Xi, | 除了席曾伯父 |
[18:33] | and that was his own fault — for smoking and doing parkour. | 而且那纯怨他自己抽烟玩跑酷 |
[18:36] | He never knew his limits. | 他没看清他自己 |
[18:45] | Would you like to come to our house for Christmas this year? | 你今年圣诞节想来我们家过吗? |
[18:51] | if you’d like. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[18:52] | There’s a nice Hard Rock in Orlando. | 奥兰多最近会有一场硬式摇滚 |
[18:55] | I do like Hard Rocks. | 我确实喜欢听硬式摇滚 |
[18:57] | We could take a picture in front of the big guitar! | 我们可以在大吉他前面合影 |
[18:59] | I just got a new camera! Oh! | 我正好刚买了新相机 |
[19:03] | Are you as uncomfortable as I am? | 你跟我一样不自在吗? |
[19:05] | Never been more uncomfortable in my whole life. | 我一辈子都没这么不自在过 |
[19:09] | Nobody wants this. | 没人需要这个 |
[19:10] | We really don’t. | 我们真的不需要 |
[19:13] | Well, nice to see you. | 见到你很开心 |
[19:16] | I’ll continue to keep tabs on you through your mother. | 我会继续通过你妈妈关心你 |
[19:18] | Great. I’ll do the same. | 太好了 我也会的 |
[19:24] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[19:26] | When the time does come, just know — | 如果有一天我真的去世了你要记得 |
[19:29] | all my affairs are in order. | 我所有的事情都处理的很好 |
[19:31] | It won’t be a hassle for you. | 不会让你有麻烦的 |
[19:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢爸爸 |
[19:44] | It’s before 5:00. It’s fine. | 现在还没到五点 没关系的 |
[19:46] | I can’t believe you did that, Louis. | 路易斯 我不敢相信你刚才那样了 |
[19:48] | You know how many times I wanted to tell you your mother’s dying? | 你知道我有多少次想告诉你你妈妈快去世了吗? |
[19:51] | I know. I feel terrible. | 我知道 我感觉糟透了 |
[19:54] | It’s possible I’m working through stuff with my own dad. | 有可能我还在纠结跟我爸爸的关系 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 确实 |
[19:58] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[19:59] | How can you be okay not being close to your dad? | 你怎么能跟你爸爸关系不那么亲密也觉得没关系呢 |
[20:02] | I just learned to appreciate our relationship | 我只是学着去习惯 |
[20:04] | for what it is. | 我们亲情本来的样子 |
[20:06] | I guess I never got there. | 可能我没做到你说的那样 |
[20:08] | I still have a lot of regrets. | 我还是有很多的遗憾 |
[20:10] | Well, you don’t have to feel alone. | 至少你不是一个人 |
[20:12] | You always have someone you can talk to. | 你想找人聊聊的时候总有人陪你的 |
[20:17] | I don’t know, Madame Xing. | 我不确定 邢女士 |
[20:18] | I just feel like if he’d gotten the chance | 我总觉着如果他有机会 |
[20:20] | to see me do improv, it would have brought us closer. | 来看我即兴表演 我们可能会更亲密些 |
[20:25] | Sure, yeah, I’m familiar with Dana Carvey. | 我知道达纳·卡维 |
[20:27] | He’s a genius. | 他真是个天才 |
[20:34] | Evan! You’re still upright! | 埃文你竟然还活着! |
[20:38] | You guys love your tuna. | 你们这些人还真喜欢金枪鱼呀 |
[20:39] | I’m not dying, Lisa. | 丽萨我不是要死了 |
[20:41] | Please tell everyone — no more casseroles. | 告诉大家–不用再送焗饭了 |
[20:42] | Thank youuuuuuu! | 谢谢啦! |
[20:43] | It’s a miracle! | 这简直是个奇迹! |
[20:45] | In Monte Carlo this week, | 这周在蒙特卡洛 |
[20:47] | Princess Grace of Monaco — | 摩洛哥长达二十几年的王妃 |
[20:48] | this quarter of a century and more — | 格蕾丝·凯利 |
[20:50] | died tragically… | 不幸逝世 |
[20:52] | Hey, hey. English only. | 只能说英文 |
[20:55] | It’s what Princess Grace would have wanted. | 格蕾丝王妃会想要这样的 |
[20:56] | I love the name “Grace”. | 我好喜欢”格蕾丝”这个名字 |
[20:58] | It would be a good English name for me. | 很适合我的一个英文名 |
[21:00] | You’re never getting an English name. | 你永远不会有英文名的 |
[21:02] | Or wearing miniskirts. | 或者穿迷你裙 |
[21:03] | Ooh! There’s Nancy Reagan. | 那是总统夫人南希·里根 |
[21:05] | And Princess Diana. | 和戴安娜王妃 |
[21:07] | One day, when you’re gone, I’m gonna change my name | 等有一天你死了 我就要改名 |
[21:10] | and have a beautiful wedding. | 然后举行一个最美的婚礼 |
[21:11] | And it’s gonna be inspired by Princess Grace’s funeral | 这个婚礼将会受到格蕾丝王妃葬礼的启发 |
[21:14] | because it is beautiful and tragic, like my life. | 因为它如此美好又悲情 简直就像我的一生 |
[21:19] | Ooh! Roger Moore! | 那是罗杰·摩尔! |