时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey! it says, “don’t walk.” | 那写着”不要穿行” |
[00:07] | Dude, there are zero cars coming. | 兄弟 这周围都没车的 |
[00:09] | Yeah, but your safety is my responsibility. | 但你的安全是我的责任 |
[00:13] | I’m the newest member of the safety patrol. | 我是安全巡查队的最新成员 |
[00:15] | I’d say, “congrats,” but I don’t really mean it. | 我想说”恭喜” 但是不是真心的 |
[00:18] | I’ll take it anyway. | 那我也接受你的祝福 |
[00:19] | Just so you know, next time you break a rule, | 跟你说 下次你再不守规矩 |
[00:21] | I’ll be forced to write you up. | 我就得记下你了 |
[00:28] | How does the vest look from the back? | 这个马甲从后面看怎么样? |
[00:53] | I can’t believe that guy. | 我真不能理解那家伙 |
[00:54] | What guy? Schwimmer? | 哪个家伙? 施维莫吗? |
[00:55] | No. Trent. | 不 特伦特 |
[00:56] | He’s on the safety patrol. | 他现在成了安全巡查员 |
[00:58] | Why would he do something so lame? | 为什么他要做这么逊的事情呢? |
[00:59] | I know. I told him he should do something cool | 我懂你 我跟他说他应该做酷一点的事情 |
[01:01] | and join cheerleading like me. | 像我一样加入啦啦队 |
[01:03] | You’re a cheerleader? | 你是个啦啦队员了? |
[01:05] | Yep — the first male top of pyramid in 30 years. | 没错 三十年来第一个站在人肉金字塔顶端的男人 |
[01:11] | What glass ceiling? | 玻璃天花板?不存在的 |
[01:13] | We’ve all joined school clubs. | 我们都加入了学校俱乐部 |
[01:15] | We told you this. | 我们跟你说过的 |
[01:16] | Yeah, and I told you — | 我还跟你们说过呢 |
[01:17] | when it’s important, repeat yourself. | 重要的事要多重复几次 |
[01:19] | Okay — I’m playing the lead in the school musical. | 好吧 我在学校音乐剧担任主演 |
[01:23] | We couldn’t get the rights to “Rent,” | 我们拿不到<吉屋出租>的版权 |
[01:24] | So we’re doing our own version, “Brent.” | 所以我们改编了自己的版本 <布伦特> |
[01:27] | I play the evil landlord, Brent. | 我扮演邪恶的地主 布伦特 |
[01:30] | It’s pretty much the same show, | 内容基本一样 |
[01:32] | only instead of AIDS, everyone has the flu. | 不过每个人不是得了艾滋 而是流感 |
[01:34] | Walter, are you hearing this nonsense? | 沃尔特 听听这些鬼话啊 |
[01:36] | The dog knew — she knew she was dying. | 那条狗知道 她知道自己要死了 |
[01:39] | Yo, life? she’s intense. | 生命啊 太紧迫了 |
[01:43] | Are you reading for fun? | 你在为了兴趣而看书吗? |
[01:45] | Yeah. I joined the book club. | 没错 我加入了读书俱乐部 |
[01:46] | Every month is a different theme. | 每个月都有不同主题 |
[01:48] | This month is healing. | 这个月是治愈 |
[01:49] | What is happening? | 怎么回事 |
[01:50] | Am I the only person who cares about our reputation? | 难道我是唯一一个在乎我们名声的人吗 |
[01:53] | You guys are making us look like losers. | 你们让别人感觉我们是屌丝 |
[01:55] | We don’t look like losers. | 我们不喜欢屌丝 |
[02:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:01] | ♪ don’t worry about it ♪ | * 不用在意 * |
[02:08] | Why would you sing, Dave? | 戴夫 你为什么要唱歌啊 |
[02:09] | Now the sackers think we’re lame. | 现在沙包小子们觉得我们很逊了 |
[02:11] | I mean, they’re not as cool as the jocks, | 虽然他们没有运动员那么酷 |
[02:13] | but they’re cooler than the dip kids. | 但是也比吸吸族要酷多了 |
[02:17] | Life’s too short to worry, eddie. | 人生短暂 痛苦靠边 埃迪 |
[02:19] | You never know when the flu could strike. | 你永远不知道流感什么时候可能肆虐 |
[02:21] | That’s the message of “Brent.” | 这就是<布伦特>要传达的主题 |
[02:29] | Can a child get that, please? | 能不能去个孩子开门啊 |
[02:34] | Where’s my favorite author? | 我最爱的作者在哪呀? |
[02:36] | I don’t know where Mary Higgins Clark lives. | 我不知道玛丽·希金斯·克拉克住哪 |
[02:38] | Dallas? Probably Dallas. | 达拉斯吗? 估计是在达拉斯 |
[02:39] | I was talking about you. | 我说的是你啦 |
[02:41] | How’s the book going? | 书进展得怎么样了 |
[02:42] | Intense. | 很紧张 |
[02:43] | I have all these publisher notes. | 我收到了所有的出版商意见 |
[02:45] | I keep having to get on the phone | 我一直在跟一些 |
[02:46] | with people who have names like “Vera” and “Terry.” | 叫”薇拉”或者”泰瑞”的人打电话 |
[02:50] | And on top of that, | 除此以外 |
[02:51] | I have to take an author photo for the book jacket. | 我还得为书籍封面照一张作者照片 |
[02:54] | Oh, that’s exciting! | 好激动哦 |
[02:57] | I’ll give you the name of the woman | 我来告诉你给马文制作名片 |
[02:58] | who did Marvin’s business cards. | 的那个女人叫什么吧 |
[02:59] | She is super expensive. | 她收费很贵呢 |
[03:01] | I’m not spending money on a picture. | 我不会花钱去照相的 |
[03:03] | I’ll just have you take it. | 你帮我照一个就行了 |
[03:04] | I would love to. | 我很乐意 |
[03:06] | As a former makeup artist for the hit musical “cats,” | 作为大热的音乐剧<猫>的前任化妆造型师 |
[03:09] | I’ll make sure you look your best. | 我会让你容光焕发的 |
[03:12] | Don’t make me look like a cat. | 别把我化成猫就行 |
[03:13] | There’s nothing scarier than a cat person. | 没有什么比猫人更可怕了 |
[03:16] | Mm, disagree. | 不敢苟同 |
[03:18] | You ever see someone make chorizo? | 你见没见过人们做西班牙香肠? |
[03:24] | Hey, bud. | 兄弟 |
[03:25] | Sorry if I came off as harsh yesterday — | 要是我昨天有点严厉 我为此道歉 |
[03:27] | Still trying to find the right balance | 我还在努力寻找 |
[03:28] | of authority and warmth. | 权威与热心的平衡点 |
[03:30] | – It’s okay. – That being said, | – 没关系 – 既然如此 |
[03:32] | I’m gonna have to ask you to change your shoes. | 我得要求你换鞋了 |
[03:34] | – Why? – Dress-code violation. | – 为什么? – 你违反了着装规定 |
[03:36] | You know this is a closed-toed campus. | 校园内禁止穿露趾鞋 |
[03:38] | I’m not changing. | 我不换 |
[03:39] | These slides make me look like a relaxed athlete. | 这些拖鞋让我像是休息的运动员 |
[03:41] | Really hoped it wouldn’t come to this. | 真不希望事情发展到这个地步啊 |
[03:43] | I’m gonna need a signature from your mom or dad | 我需要你找你父母亲 |
[03:46] | or whatever legal guardian you live with. | 或与你同住的法定监护人签字 |
[03:48] | Trent, you know my mom and dad. | 特伦特 你认识我爸妈啊 |
[03:49] | And do us both a favor — don’t forge. | 还有别给咱俩找麻烦 别伪造签名 |
[03:52] | I have access to all parent signatures | 我能看到校长办公室里 |
[03:54] | in the principal’s office, | 所有父母的签名 |
[03:55] | And I can spot a trace job a mile away. | 我隔着老远就能做好笔迹比对 |
[03:57] | I appraised my sister’s promise ring with this. | 我可是带了我姐妹的承诺戒指的 |
[04:04] | On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely am I to recommend? | 一至十分 我用多少分形容我的推荐指数? |
[04:08] | I’d say a 6. | 六分吧 |
[04:10] | How often do I talk to my friends about baking soda? | 我跟朋友们多久谈论一次小苏打? |
[04:13] | Never. | 从不 |
[04:14] | If anyone answered anything other than “never,” | 要是有人说了”从不”以外的答案 |
[04:15] | I’d be shocked. | 我会很震惊的 |
[04:18] | Three people said, “all the time”? | 三个人回答了”总是”? |
[04:20] | Why are you sharing this information with me? | 你为什么要把这个告诉我啊? |
[04:22] | I thought this survey was confidential. | 我以为这个调查是对外保密的呢 |
[04:24] | No, don’t tell me their names! | 不 别告诉我他们的名字 |
[04:27] | Sorry, Eddie. What’s up? | 抱歉 埃迪 怎么啦 |
[04:28] | Your boy got busted. | 你儿子被抓到了 |
[04:30] | Eddie! | 埃迪 |
[04:33] | Dress-code violation? | 违反着装规定? |
[04:35] | For a second, I thought you actually did something wrong. | 有那么一秒 我以为你真的犯错了呢 |
[04:37] | I did do something wrong. | 我确实犯错了啊 |
[04:39] | These slides are against the rules. | 穿拖鞋是违反规定的 |
[04:40] | Anything could have happened to my toes — anything. | 我的脚趾可能会遇到坏事 很多坏事 |
[04:43] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[04:44] | I’m just relieved you didn’t commit some bigger offense. | 我只是对你没犯下大错感到欣慰 |
[04:46] | I knew you were a good boy. | 我就知道你是个好孩子 |
[04:48] | Don’t call me that. | 别这么说我 |
[04:49] | It’s a compliment. | 我是在夸你啊 |
[04:50] | When I look at you and your friends, | 当我看着你和你朋友们的时候 |
[04:51] | I see a group of really good boys. | 我看到的是一群很好的孩子 |
[05:12] | Eddie! | 埃迪 |
[05:13] | Hey, let me ask you something. | 我想问你点事 |
[05:14] | How often do you talk to your friends about baking soda? | 你跟你朋友多久谈论一次小苏打? |
[05:20] | Those guys are jerks, Dave. | 那些人就是混蛋 戴夫 |
[05:21] | Don’t let them steal your smile. | 别让他们偷走你的笑容 |
[05:22] | They’re just thugs. | 他们不过是小混混罢了 |
[05:23] | What’s going on? Is someone bullying Dave? | 怎么了? 谁欺负戴夫了吗? |
[05:25] | Yeah, the producers of “Rent.” | <吉屋出租>的制片人 |
[05:27] | Trent wrote to them about our show — | 特伦特给他们写信讲了我们的剧 |
[05:29] | said it was his safety patrol responsibility | 还说向他们告知此事 |
[05:31] | to put it on their radar. | 是他身为安全巡查员的职责 |
[05:33] | Now they’re trying to stop it — | 现在他们想要我们终止音乐剧 |
[05:34] | something about a blatant disregard of copyright law. | 说是公然侵犯原作版权 |
[05:37] | Trent’s out of control, and he’s taking us down with him. | 特伦特有点失控了 他还要把我们一起拉下水 |
[05:40] | We have to show him and the rest of these doubters | 我们得告诉他和其他这些坏人 |
[05:42] | that we don’t play by his rules. | 我们不听他们的 |
[05:43] | What are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么做呢? |
[05:45] | I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do — | 我跟你说我们要怎么做 |
[05:46] | Tomorrow, we all wear slides to school. | 明天 我们都穿拖鞋上学 |
[05:51] | This is happening! | 就这么定了 |
[05:58] | Okay, so this will just be a free flow of ideas. | 好的 就跟着感觉走 |
[06:02] | We’ll see where inspiration leads, | 灵感引导下 |
[06:04] | We’ll let the author photo come to us. | 作者照片也就出来了 |
[06:07] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[06:35] | Eddie, Eddie, Eddie… | 埃迪呀埃迪 |
[06:36] | Whatcha gonna do, red, write us all up? | 红头发的 你打算怎么着 把我们都记小本本上啊? |
[06:39] | -What do you mean? -Come on, guys, show the man your feet. | – 你什么意思啊? – 哥们儿,让他看看你们的鞋 |
[06:49] | -What the hell? -Sorry, man. | – 什么鬼? – 哥们儿对不住了 |
[06:50] | If we get in trouble, we can’t do our school activities. | 我们要是惹了什么麻烦就不能再参加社团活动了 |
[06:53] | If I get detention, I’ll have to miss rehearsal, | 我要是被留堂了就得错过排练了 |
[06:55] | And if I miss rehearsal, | 我要是错过了排练 |
[06:57] | My understudy gets my part. | 我的角色就被我的替补抢了 |
[07:01] | Hey, Eli. | 你好啊伊莱 |
[07:04] | He’s mediocre at best. | 他最多算个中等 |
[07:06] | Sorry, Eddie. I guess we are good boys. | 对不住了埃迪 我们都是乖宝宝 |
[07:12] | Saturday detention? | 周六留堂? |
[07:13] | At least you’ll still have Sunday free | 至少你周日还空着呢 |
[07:15] | to cheer on the dolphins and pray for your soul. | 可以去看看海豚净化一下你的心灵 |
[07:25] | Weird to be at school on a Saturday. | 周六来学校感觉挺怪的 |
[07:28] | Do you think they still | 你觉着自动售货机 |
[07:28] | have the vending machines plugged in? | 周六还能不能用啊 |
[07:30] | If you had stopped wearing open-toed shoes | 要是人家警告你之后你不穿拖鞋 |
[07:32] | when you were warned, you wouldn’t be here. | 你现在就不会在这了 |
[07:33] | I’m not telling your mom about this. | 我不打算告诉你妈妈你被留堂了 |
[07:35] | She’s stressed enough about her book as it is. | 因为她的书她已经够紧张的了 |
[07:37] | Well, I better get in there with the other delinquents. | 我得跟其他违反纪律的人一起进去了 |
[07:39] | You know why guys like you knock everything? | 你知道为什么像你这样的人常常搞破坏么? |
[07:41] | It’s because you’re afraid. | 因为你们内心有深深的害怕不安 |
[07:42] | Who said I was afraid? | 谁说我害怕了? |
[07:44] | It’s a quote from “The Breakfast Club” — | 这是<早餐俱乐部>里面的台词 |
[07:46] | first American movie I fell in love with. | 是我爱上的第一部美国电影 |
[07:48] | The first movie i fell in love with was “A Goofy Movie.” | 我迷上的第一个美国电影是<终极傻瓜> |
[07:51] | Broke my heart when goofy found out | 当我知道他儿子觉着他丢脸的时候 |
[07:52] | his son was embarrased by him | 我心都碎了 |
[08:08] | So, what are you in for? | 你是因为什么被留堂了 |
[08:10] | Wearing slides. twice. | 穿拖鞋 两次 |
[08:13] | We got busted for sacking. | 我们因为玩沙包被逮住了 |
[08:15] | They took our hacky sacks and everything. | 他们把我们的沙包什么的全没收了 |
[08:16] | Like, when did hacky sacks ever hurt anybody? | 玩沙包妨碍到谁了? |
[08:19] | All right, listen up, buttholes. | 听好了小混蛋们 |
[08:21] | Personally, I’d rather be anywhere else on a saturday, | 对我来说 周六在哪都比在这强 |
[08:24] | But my timeshare in Tallahassee isn’t gonna pay for itself. | 但我得挣钱供我在大溪地的分时租赁别墅 |
[08:26] | Here are the rules — no eating. | 有几个要求–不许吃东西 |
[08:29] | But you’re eating. | 但是你在吃东西啊 |
[08:30] | -Run laps. -But this is detention. | – 跑圈去 – 但是我们在留堂啊 |
[08:32] | What did I say?! | 我刚说什么来着?! |
[08:34] | No eating, no talking, no sleeping. | 不许吃东西 不许讲话 不许睡觉 |
[08:38] | Okay, that’s it. | 就这些 |
[08:51] | All right, w-what do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[08:52] | Should we each pick ten favorites? | 我们每人挑十张最喜欢的? |
[08:54] | You can. I hate them all. | 你挑吧 我全都不喜欢 |
[08:56] | What? Jessica, these are great. | 什么? 杰西卡 这些照片都很棒 |
[08:58] | My smile is off. | 我的笑容不行 |
[08:59] | It doesn’t exude the quiet confidence | 它无法展现那种 |
[09:01] | of a Stephen King or a Danielle Steel. | 像斯蒂芬·金或者丹尼尔·斯蒂尔般的自信 |
[09:03] | What about this one? | 这张怎么样? |
[09:05] | No, here. yes. | 这张 在这呢 |
[09:06] | The one where you’re peeking out from the closet. | 你从橱柜里向外看的这张 |
[09:08] | You look so pretty. | 你看起来漂亮极了 |
[09:09] | Well, of course I look pretty. That’s a given, | 我当然漂亮了 老天爷赏饭吃 |
[09:10] | But none of these are good enough. | 但是这些照片都不行 |
[09:12] | I’m just gonna have to use this old picture. | 我只能用这张旧照片 |
[09:14] | Now, tell me that picture doesn’t scream | 这照片看起来简直就是 |
[09:16] | “professional author.” | 专业作家 |
[09:18] | It does scream “professional author”… | 这确实是专业作家 |
[09:20] | Because this is Amy Tan. | 因为这是谭恩美 |
[09:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:23] | I thought my publisher might go, | 我觉着我的出版人可能会说 |
[09:25] | “oh, this looks a lot like Amy Tan,” | 天哪这照片看起来好像是谭恩美 |
[09:27] | But then be too nervous to say anything. | 但是他又不敢声张 |
[09:30] | Respectfully, if it didn’t work out with Honey, | 没有任何恶意的讲,要是蜜儿没能成功拍出好看的照片 |
[09:33] | You might want to go in a different direction. | 你们可能得换一个拍照思路 |
[09:35] | who better to capture the real Jessica Huang | 又有谁能比杰西卡生出来的两个孩子 |
[09:37] | than two people who came out of Jessica Huang? | 更能捕捉到她真实的一面呢? |
[09:43] | Oh, these are all blurry. | 这些都太模糊了 |
[09:45] | My hands shake when I get excited. | 我一激动就手抖 |
[09:47] | These are terrible. | 这些真差劲 |
[09:48] | No need to decide right now! we’ll wait to hear from you. | 没必要现在就决定 我们等你的消息哦 |
[09:51] | You sleep on it. Tak your time. | 不着急 你好好琢磨琢磨 |
[09:56] | -How bad was detention? -Did you have to make a shiv? | – 留堂可不可怕? – 你是不是得自己做刀防身? |
[09:58] | You would know if you didn’t bail on me. | 你们要是没放我鸽子你们就知道了 |
[10:01] | Hey, we apologized in the moment. | 我们都道歉了 |
[10:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:07] | Hey. Pretty cool how you slept through detention | 即便女教练不让睡觉你还顶风作案 |
[10:10] | even though the lady coach said not to. | 你挺棒的 |
[10:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:12] | Not to brag or whatever, but… | 倒不是吹牛 |
[10:14] | I can fall asleep anywhere. | 但我在哪都能睡着 |
[10:16] | You want to eat lunch with us? | 你想跟我们一起吃午饭吗? |
[10:21] | Yeah. Cool. | 当然了 |
[10:24] | See you good boys later. | 拜拜了乖宝宝们 |
[10:43] | Why do I suddenly feel much happier? | 我为什么觉着特别高兴呢? |
[10:45] | -It’s ’cause you’re off campus, bro. This is amazing! | – 因为你出校门了 – 太棒了 |
[10:48] | Every day at lunch, we get tacos at Taco Fiesta. | 我们每天都在午饭都在这的餐厅吃墨西哥玉米卷 |
[10:50] | That means “Taco Party” in English. | 这餐厅名字叫墨西哥狂欢 |
[10:52] | So, you guys don’t even, like, | 所以你们根本都 |
[10:53] | care what the cafeteria’s serving! | 不在意食堂每天做什么饭 |
[10:55] | What’s a cafeteria? | 食堂是什么 |
[10:58] | Let’s roll. | 走吧 |
[11:03] | Okay, I need to get this off my chest. | 我必须得把这事告诉你 |
[11:05] | Eddie got detention. | 埃迪被留堂了 |
[11:06] | I didn’t want to tell you because I know you’ve been busy, | 我知道你忙 本来不想告诉你 |
[11:08] | But it’s been eating at me. | 但我实在受不了了 |
[11:10] | Not now, I’m in the zone. | 别现在说 我正集中精力写作呢 |
[11:11] | Great! | 好的! |
[11:12] | So technically, we talked about it. | 所以理论上讲我们已经讨论过这事了 |
[11:15] | Whew! I feel so unburdened. | 说出秘密的感觉太好了 |
[11:17] | Good parenting, good partnership. | 我们合作的真好 |
[11:18] | Okay, so, uh, I’m a little hungry, | 那个啥,我有点饿了 |
[11:21] | So I’m gonna go microwave a bean burrito. | 我准备用微波炉做个豆子卷饼 |
[11:23] | It was a two-pack | 它本来应该有两层 |
[11:24] | And somebody made one and threw out the directions, | 有人做了一层就把它送出来了 |
[11:26] | So I’m gonna put it in for 30 seconds at a time | 所以我准备把它放微波炉里三十秒三十秒地转 |
[11:28] | And keep checking it. | 随时查看 |
[11:28] | Anyway, you’re writing. you’re writing, so… | 反正你在写作呢,那… |
[11:30] | I’m gonna… | 我这就去… |
[11:34] | – Look at you back at it. – Yes, I’m in the zone. | – 你灵感如泉涌啊亲 – 有话快说 我正忙呢 |
[11:37] | I don’t want to disturb you. | 我也不想打扰你啦 |
[11:38] | Just real quick… | 我就问问啊… |
[11:40] | I’m making one last plea to use this photo. | 你就同意用这张照片吧 |
[11:42] | The one where I caught you uncapping a pen. | 就这张我抓拍的你打开笔的照片 |
[11:44] | I don’t need a photo anymore. | 我不需要照片啦 |
[11:46] | I’m scrapping that book. I’m writing a new one. | 我放弃那本书了 我正写本新的 |
[11:48] | What? | 啥? |
[11:48] | Yes, a children’s book | 是本儿童读物 |
[11:50] | About an alligator who eats dreams. | 写的是一只噬梦的短吻鳄的 |
[11:52] | You’re just giving up on your book? | 你就这样放弃你的书了? |
[11:54] | What about Vera and Terry? | 那薇拉和泰瑞咋办? |
[11:56] | They’ll be fine. They have each other. | 没事儿的 他们可以照顾彼此 |
[11:57] | I couldn’t sleep last night, and I realized | 我昨晚睡不着 |
[12:00] | The reason I can’t pick a photo for that book | 突然意识到我之所以不能选出照片 |
[12:03] | Is because that book is the problem. | 问题在于那本书 |
[12:05] | This one is much better. | 这本书比那本好多了 |
[12:07] | The boy, Kevin, wants to be an astronaut, | 这个叫凯文的男孩想要当宇航员 |
[12:10] | but then the alligator eats the moon. | 但是短吻鳄把月亮给吃了 |
[12:12] | So he’s just gonna stay where he is. | 所以他就不能进入太空了 |
[12:18] | It’s so good. | 太好吃了 |
[12:19] | Hot. It’s hot, but so good. | 烫 好烫啊 不过很好吃 |
[12:25] | Yo. Check this out. | 看我的 |
[12:29] | Excuse me Paul? | 不好意思 保罗? |
[12:31] | Could I trouble you for a cup? | 麻烦给我个杯子好吗? |
[12:33] | I just want to grab some water. | 我想接点水 |
[12:37] | You’re the best. | 太谢谢啦 |
[12:49] | I can totally see you. | 我完全能看见你好吧 |
[12:53] | Good thing I don’t get paid enough to care. | 只是给我的工资太少了 我懒得管你 |
[12:58] | That’s that outlaw life, yo! | 法外狂徒啊 兄弟 |
[12:59] | You fools paid for your sodas. | 你们这些傻蛋还给钱买苏打水呢 |
[13:01] | I can’t believe we weren’t sure about you at first. | 我们一开始居然还不想要你 |
[13:03] | I mean, we saw you were friends | 毕竟你是 |
[13:05] | with that nerd safety portroll kid. | 那个安全巡查员的朋友 |
[13:06] | Trent? He’s a real bummer. | 特伦特吗? 他最扫兴了 |
[13:08] | He’s the one who confiscated our sacks. | 就是他把我们的沙包给没收了 |
[13:10] | They’re locked away in the principal’s office, | 现在正锁在了校长的办公室 |
[13:12] | Never to be hacked again. | 再也拿不回来了 |
[13:14] | I can probably help you get your sacks back. | 我可能有办法帮你们拿回来 |
[13:17] | How? | 怎么办? |
[13:17] | Trent’s locker is near the bathroom I visit | 特伦特的柜子离厕所很近 |
[13:19] | When I need to tcb. | 每当我需要去搞事情的时候 |
[13:22] | “take care of business.” | 就是”上大号”啦 |
[13:23] | He gave me the combination | 他给了我他的密码 |
[13:24] | So I can store reading material in there. | 这样我就能把厕所读物放在他柜子里 |
[13:26] | All we got to do is get in his locker, | 我们只需要 |
[13:28] | Get the keys to the principal’s office, | 偷出他柜子里的校长办公室钥匙 |
[13:30] | And free the sacks. | 就能拿回小纸条啦 |
[13:31] | Nice. | 可以呀 |
[13:32] | Okay. here’s the plan. | 计划是 |
[13:35] | We wait until trent finishes his shift. | 我们等特伦特轮班结束 |
[13:38] | Then, we help ourselves to those keys. | 就能去拿钥匙了 |
[13:49] | I know principal Mathis | 我知道马西斯校长 |
[13:50] | Will be out of her office all afternoon. | 下午都不在办公室 |
[13:52] | She’s due in court | 她要去法庭 |
[13:54] | to defend the school’s musical production of “brent.” | 去维护学校”黑雁”音乐剧的版权 |
[14:04] | Keep reading. | 继续看 |
[14:05] | Come on, Morrie. keep it interesting. | 加油 默里 别回头 |
[14:10] | You guys get your sacks back, | 你们拿回沙包 |
[14:11] | We replace trent’s keys … in and out. | 我们放回特伦特的钥匙… 任务完成 |
[14:17] | Eddie, that was awesome! | 埃迪 太棒啦! |
[14:18] | You’re a total badass. | 你简直牛逼啊 |
[14:19] | Yeah, man! | 是啊兄弟 |
[14:20] | Hey, here’s your cut! | 给 这是你的分成 |
[14:23] | My cut? | 我的那份? |
[14:24] | We found Mathis’ petty cash sitting on her desk, | 马西斯校长放了点现金在桌上 |
[14:26] | So we helped ourselves. | 我们就自取了 |
[14:27] | Yeah, and I also took these post-its. | 是的 我还拿了这些便利贴 |
[14:29] | You guys stole money from the school? | 你们偷了学校的钱? |
[14:30] | Yeah, man, and these post-its. | 对 还有这些便利贴 |
[14:32] | We couldn’t have done it without you. | 没你我们绝对办不到 |
[14:33] | Now, who wants some 7-eleven slushies? | 咱去7-11喝冰沙吧? |
[14:35] | Yes! slushies! oh! slushies! | 耶 冰沙! 哟 冰沙! |
[14:38] | Eddie, what’s wrong? You didn’t yell, “slushies.” | 埃迪 咋了? 你咋不喊”冰沙” |
[14:39] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[14:41] | Slushies! | 冰沙! |
[14:42] | Yeah, that’s what i’m talking about. | 这就对了 |
[14:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[14:48] | Did you hear about trent? | 你知道特伦特的事了吗? |
[14:49] | His key was used | 他的钥匙 |
[14:50] | To break into the principal’s office. | 被偷来打开校长的办公室了 |
[14:51] | Someone stole $300. | 有人偷了三百刀 |
[14:53] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗? |
[14:54] | He got kicked off safety patrol … his one joy. | 他被安全队开除了… 那可是他唯一的乐趣啊 |
[14:58] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[15:00] | Hey, bud. | 嗨 兄弟 |
[15:02] | Sorry about safety patrol. | 安全队的事真是可惜啊 |
[15:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢关心 |
[15:05] | It’s not like it’s your fault or anything. | 又不是你的错 |
[15:07] | All I ask is that you don’t treat me with kid gloves. | 只希望你们在我面前不需要谨言慎行 |
[15:10] | Oh. you’re wearing sneakers. | 你穿运动鞋了 |
[15:12] | That’s great. | 真好 |
[15:13] | I’m glad your feet are safe. | 这样我就不担心你的脚趾会受伤了 |
[15:20] | “sorry, little Linda,’ said the alligator, | “抱歉了 小琳达” 短吻鳄说道 |
[15:24] | “you can’t become a doctor because i ate the hospital.'” | “你当不成医生啦 因为我把医院都吃掉了” |
[15:29] | Honey informed us you’re writing a children’s book. | 蜜儿给我说你在写儿童读物 |
[15:31] | If you haven’t picked an illustrator, | 如果你还没有选好插画师 |
[15:32] | We’d like to toss our hats in the ring. | 我们想试试 |
[15:34] | Leave your portfolio. I’ll take a look. | 把你们的样片留下吧 我会看看的 |
[15:36] | I hope there’s new stuff in there. | 希望有新的东西哈 |
[15:40] | We’ll circle back. | 我们待会再来 |
[15:43] | She’s seen these! | 她都看过这些的啦! |
[15:44] | I told you we weren’t ready! | 我就跟你说没准备好! |
[15:49] | Hello? | 喂? |
[15:51] | Hi, Vera… | 嗨 薇拉… |
[15:53] | Or Terry. | 还是泰瑞啊 |
[15:54] | I’m glad you called. | 很高兴你打电话来 |
[15:56] | I have news. | 我有新消息 |
[15:57] | What? | 啥? |
[16:01] | – Betrayal! – sorry? | – 叛徒! – 啥? |
[16:03] | Vera or Terry just called. | 刚刚不知道是薇拉还是泰瑞给我打电话了 |
[16:05] | They said they loved my author photo! | 他们说他们很喜欢我的作者照片! |
[16:06] | How could you send them a picture i didn’t approve? | 你怎么能不经过我的允许就发照片给他们? |
[16:08] | Because the picture doesn’t matter. | 因为照片根本不重要 |
[16:10] | And you were so worried about it, you | 你为了这件事忐忑不安 |
[16:12] | were gonna throw away | 都打算把整本书推翻重写了 |
[16:14] | None of those photos make me look like I’m a real author. | 这些照片上的我看起来都不像一个真正的作家 |
[16:16] | But you are a real author. | 可你就是真正的作家啊 |
[16:20] | Ohh, what is happening? | 天啊 怎么回事? |
[16:22] | I feel like… | 我觉得… |
[16:24] | All of my power is draining from me. | 好像身体被掏空 |
[16:28] | I think maybe you’re experiencing insecurity. | 我想你可能只是缺乏安全感吧 |
[16:32] | No, that’s dumb. | 我怎么可能这么傻 |
[16:33] | Why else would you be sabotaging this? | 那不然你还有什么要毁了这本书的原因呢? |
[16:35] | You’re the alligator eating your own dream. | 你就是那条吃了自己梦想的鳄鱼 |
[16:39] | What if nobody buys my book? | 要是我的书没人买怎么办? |
[16:41] | Well, you can’t control that. | 这又不是你能控制的事 |
[16:43] | I really want to control it. | 可我就想对此掌控啊 |
[16:45] | You wrote a book, | 你写了一本书 |
[16:47] | And you’re getting it published. | 并准备将之出版 |
[16:48] | That’s a very big deal. | 这已经很了不起了 |
[16:50] | I know it is, | 我知道 |
[16:50] | And then if I fail, everyone’s gonna know. | 所以要是我失败了 别人就会知道 |
[16:53] | Yeah, but if you fail, then you’ll have failed | 是这么说没错 但就算你失败了 你也是败在一件 |
[16:55] | at something that most people are afraid of even trying. | 大多数人都不敢尝试的事情上 |
[17:00] | You’re saying even if I fail, | 你是说就算我失败了 |
[17:02] | people will still be jealous of me? | 别人还是会嫉妒我? |
[17:04] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[17:05] | Besides, you know one person who’s gonna buy your book… | 还有 有一个人肯定会买你的书… |
[17:09] | Me. | 我 |
[17:10] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你 蜜儿 |
[17:11] | You’re a good friend. | 你真是我的好闺蜜 |
[17:13] | In my next book, | 我的下一本书 |
[17:14] | I’ll name the murder victim after you. | 谋杀案受害者用你的名字哈 |
[17:17] | Yay! | 耶! |
[17:19] | You’re welcome. | 不用太感动 |
[17:21] | Strongly agree. | 非常同意 |
[17:23] | Strongly agree. | 非常同意 |
[17:26] | Agree. | 同意 |
[17:28] | Moderately disagree. | 有点不同意 |
[17:30] | I got to go. Goodbye, mom. | 我得挂了 再见 老妈 |
[17:33] | Don’t tell me you got detention again. | 你该不会又被罚留校了吧 |
[17:35] | No. I need some advice. | 没有 我需要些建议 |
[17:37] | Say you run a dishwasher, | 比如你在运行一台洗碗机 |
[17:38] | But it’s a really big dishwasher. | 一台超级大的洗碗机 |
[17:41] | You ran the dishwasher again? | 你又去摆弄洗碗机了? |
[17:42] | Honestly, I’m more impressed than angry. | 老实说 与其说生气 不如说我佩服你 |
[17:44] | How did you reconnect… | 你是怎么连接到… |
[17:46] | No. sorry. Let me try this again. | 没有 不好意思 我再打另一个比方 |
[17:48] | Say you wear some slides to school, | 比如你在学校穿拖鞋了 |
[17:51] | But they fall off and kill a man. | 但拖鞋掉下来砸死人了 |
[17:52] | Eddie, metaphors are not your strong suit. | 埃迪 比喻不是你的强项 |
[17:54] | I get the sense that you don’t want me to ask you | 我觉得你似乎不想让我直接问 |
[17:56] | What’s going on, but what is going on? | 到底发生了什么事 不过到底发生了什么事? |
[17:58] | I accidentally helped some older | 我不小心帮了几个高年级学生 |
[17:59] | kids steal money from the school, | 偷学校的钱 |
[18:01] | What?! | 什么?! |
[18:02] | And Trent got blamed for it, and now he’s off safety patrol. | 特伦特因此受到了责罚 他不再是安全巡查员了 |
[18:06] | Do you think I’m a bad person? | 你觉得我是个坏人吗? |
[18:08] | A bad person wouldn’t be upset | 如果是的话 你就不会 |
[18:10] | about letting his friend take the fall. | 因为导致朋友成为代罪羔羊而感到难过了 |
[18:12] | You just made a mistake. | 你只是犯了个错误 |
[18:13] | I know you’ll figure out a way to make it a right. | 我知道你肯定会想出解决这件事的正确方法 |
[18:15] | I do know how to make this right, | 我确实有这么个想法 |
[18:18] | But I’m gonna need your help. | 但我需要你的帮助 |
[18:32] | I don’t want you to see me like this. | 我不愿意你看到我现在这个样子 |
[18:34] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[18:35] | I have information you can use | 我有能够让你重新成为 |
[18:37] | to get back on safety patrol. | 安全巡查员的重要消息 |
[18:42] | Sorry, boys, no off-campus tacos for you. | 不好意思了 小子们 今天没有校外玉米饼可以享受了 |
[18:46] | Looks like you’ll be having cheese soup | 看来你们得和其他人一样 |
[18:48] | with the rest of the school. | 喝芝士汤了 |
[18:50] | Good work, Trent. | 做得好 特伦特 |
[18:51] | Let’s get you back in that orange vest | 我得把属于你的那件橙色背心 |
[18:53] | where you belong, hmm? | 给你 对吧? |
[18:54] | I hear it looks great from the back. | 别人跟我说 我穿那件背心的背影很帅 |
[19:00] | Only $350 left to go till your debt is paid. | 还差350美金你就能还清债务了 |
[19:03] | But I only borrowed $300! | 我不是只借了三百吗? |
[19:05] | At a very high interest rate. | 我的利息比较高 |
[19:06] | Bank of Louis. Should’ve shopped around. | 路易斯银行 你早应该货比三家的 |
[19:08] | I know you don’t want to hear this, but… | 虽然我知道你不想听这个 但我还是想说… |
[19:11] | You’re not a bad boy. | 你不是个坏孩子 |
[19:16] | Brutal. | 真残忍 |
[19:17] | I guess it’s true. | 我想传闻是真的 |
[19:19] | Asian dads don’t say, “I love you.” | 亚裔爸爸不会对他们的孩子说”我爱你”这种话 |
[19:22] | So, the photo Honey sent in was yours? | 所以蜜儿发过去的那张照片是你们照的? |
[19:25] | Yes. She knew she was bested. | 没错 她知道自己被我们打败了 |
[19:33] | – I love it. – You do? | – 我很喜欢 – 真的吗? |
[19:35] | Yes. | 真的 |
[19:36] | It’s challenging people to not like my book. | 我看起来好像在挑衅那些不喜欢我这本书的读者 |
[19:40] | “What? you don’t like it? | “什么? 你不喜欢我的书? |
[19:42] | What, you got a problem? | 怎么 你有问题? |
[19:45] | Yeah, I’m talking to you. | 对 说的就是你 |
[19:47] | Let’s see you write an entire novel. | 你给我写本小说来看看 |
[19:49] | That’s right! | 没错! |
[19:50] | Run away to cookbooks, coward.” | 买你的烹饪书去吧 懦夫 |
[20:04] | We thought you ditched us to hangout with the sackers. | 我们以为你为了那群沙包小子抛弃了我们 |
[20:06] | Sorry, guys. That was stupid of me. | 大伙儿 对不起啊 我之前那样做太傻了 |
[20:08] | Turns out the sackers are not cooler than the dip kids. | 原来沙包小子比吸吸族好不到哪里去 |
[20:31] | What is this about anyway? | 这个音乐剧是关于什么的来着? |
[20:32] | I… I don’t know, but a lot of them have the flu. | 我… 我也不知道 但他们很多都感冒了 |
[21:00] | I am onboard. | 我来加入了 |
[21:02] | I wasn’t at first, but I am now. | 虽然我开始的时候没有 但我现在可以了 |
[21:06] | Shut it down! | 给我停下来! |
[21:08] | We lost the case! No more singing! | 我们输了 不能再唱了! |
[21:10] | Give me those programs. | 把节目单给我 |
[21:11] | We have to shred them. | 我们得拿去粉碎 |
[21:13] | Turns out we are in fact in violation of copyright, | 原来我们确实侵犯了别人的知识产权 |
[21:16] | So live and learn, I guess. | 所以真是活到老学到老啊 |
[21:19] | Pass them. | 传一下 |
[21:20] | Pass them down. | 传过来 |
[21:21] | Pass them down! | 赶紧传过来! |