时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So then I asked, “Is there dairy in the beignets?” | 然后我就问”煎饼里有乳制品吗?” |
[00:05] | And the guy says… | 然后那人说… |
[00:06] | My mom is coming to visit. | 我妈妈要来看我 |
[00:08] | Whoa. Fay’s coming? | 费伊要来? |
[00:10] | Next week. Hmm. | 下周 |
[00:11] | She called before Louis and Jessica came over. | 路易斯和杰西卡来之前她打电话过来了 |
[00:13] | She wants to help me get ready for the baby. | 她想帮我准备准备生宝宝的事 |
[00:15] | Yeah, but I thought that you and Jessica | 不过你不是要和杰西卡 |
[00:17] | were gonna go on that Best Friends cruise | 去在<幸运之轮>赢来的 |
[00:18] | that you won on “Wheel of Fortune.” | 姐妹淘邮轮之旅吗 |
[00:20] | I’m sorry, Jessica. I can’t go. | 对不起 杰西卡 我去不了了 |
[00:22] | Good. I can’t go, either. | 很好 我也去不成的 |
[00:23] | To beautiful Cozumel? Why not? | 去美丽的科苏梅尔岛?为什么不去了? |
[00:26] | I saw on the nightly news that every year, | 我在晚间新闻里看到 |
[00:28] | one woman falls off a cruise ship. | 每年都会有一个女人从邮轮掉到海里去 |
[00:30] | It’s only January. | 现在才一月 |
[00:32] | If I went out there and somebody pushed me over, | 如果我上了邮轮 有人把我推下去 |
[00:34] | as I was falling to my death, | 当我在掉到海里死之前 |
[00:36] | I would be thinking, “This is all my fault. | 我就会想”都怪我自己 |
[00:38] | I knew it was January.” | 我知道一月份来不安全的” |
[00:40] | I am so glad you’re gonna be here. | 我很高兴你能留下来陪我 |
[00:43] | I could use your help with my mom. | 你能帮我应付我妈 |
[00:45] | She still treats me like a teenager. | 她还是老把我当小孩看 |
[00:46] | She is very controlling. | 控制欲超强 |
[00:48] | Well, I am also controlling. | 我也很有控制欲 |
[00:50] | I love control. | 我喜欢掌控一切 |
[00:51] | Pass the water. | 把水递过来 |
[00:52] | Control. | 掌控 |
[00:55] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[00:56] | So, with you on my side, | 有你帮着我 |
[00:58] | I’ll finally have control… through you. | 我就最终能通过你… 获得掌控权 |
[01:01] | I think that is a dynamite plan, | 我觉得你们俩一起对付费伊 |
[01:03] | the two of you taking on Fay together. | 这个计划屌炸了 |
[01:06] | Building off that, | 既然如此 |
[01:07] | maybe Louis and I could go on that cruise. | 要不我和路易斯一起去坐邮轮吧 |
[01:10] | I mean, it expires, right? | 因为票会过期的 对吧? |
[01:11] | We don’t want to lose it. | 我们可不想白白浪费了 |
[01:12] | It is slow at the restaurant after the holidays. | 节日过后餐馆都没什么人来 |
[01:14] | January’s when people lie to themselves | 一月一般是大家骗自己 |
[01:16] | about getting in shape. | 要保持身材的时候 |
[01:17] | Great. Sounds like a plan. | 好极了 这主意不错 |
[01:19] | And of course, I’ll call you every night | 当然 我每天晚上都会打电话给你 |
[01:21] | to say, “I love you.” | 说”我爱你” |
[01:24] | And I will also call you every night… | 我也会每天晚上打电话给你… |
[01:26] | Ship-to-shore calls cost a fortune. | 从船上打电话过来很贵的 |
[01:27] | If you truly love me, don’t call. | 如果你真的爱我的话 就免了吧 |
[01:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:35] | \h | 轴&特效: 兜酱 \h |
[01:47] | Okay, my mom will get to my house at 11:40. | 是这样的 我妈11:40来我家 |
[01:50] | You come over at 11:45. | 你11:45过来 |
[01:51] | She’ll have been there for five minutes, | 你来的时候她已经待了五分钟 |
[01:53] | so you’ll walk in mid-fight. | 你正好赶上我们吵架 |
[01:54] | It’ll be something about how I’m not being pregnant right. | 主题一般是我如何错误地待产了 |
[01:56] | Just take my side, | 你就站在我这边 |
[01:58] | and then strongly suggest my mom take a nap. | 然后强烈建议我妈去睡个午觉 |
[02:00] | I’ll just say she looks tired from her travels… | 我就说她一路从盐湖城过来… |
[02:02] | a long way from Salt Lake City, blah, blah, blah. | 看起来很疲惫什么什么的 |
[02:04] | She’s from Scottsdale, but, yeah, that’s fine. | 她从斯科茨代尔来 不过你那么说就行 |
[02:06] | Oh, also, since Marvin’s gone, | 还有 既然马文已经走了 |
[02:09] | will you come with me to this parenting class I signed up for? | 你能陪我一起去上育儿班吗? |
[02:12] | Can I use a fake name in the class? | 我能不用真名吗? |
[02:14] | Just for fun, you know? | 就是为了好玩 |
[02:16] | I’ve always wanted to try the name “Cynthia McCormick.” | 我一直想给自己取名叫”辛西娅 麦考米克” |
[02:20] | Honey, here are the red paint swatches | 蜜儿 上次屋主委员会重新给消防栓喷漆 |
[02:22] | from when the HOA repainted that fire hydrant. | 的红颜料色卡我给你拿来了 |
[02:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:25] | Ooh, so many shades! | 这么多颜色! |
[02:27] | So, what are you painting? | 你打算画什么? |
[02:28] | You know how most people | 你知道吗? 大多数人 |
[02:30] | assign gender to their babies through color? | 通过不同颜色来指定孩子的性别 |
[02:33] | You know, how they paint their nursery pink or blue | 就是他们根据孩子的性别把婴儿房 |
[02:36] | based on the baby’s sex? | 刷成粉色或者蓝色 |
[02:37] | I want to do our nursery | 我想给我们的婴儿房 |
[02:38] | in a gender-neutral color… | 刷一个中性的颜色… |
[02:41] | Red. | 红色 |
[02:42] | Red? No. Satan was a red baby. | 红色? 不行 撒旦出生的时候就是红色的 |
[02:44] | Satan? | 撒旦? |
[02:45] | The Devil. Lucifer. | 魔鬼路西法 |
[02:47] | Beelzebub. The Beast. | 堕落天使 那个怪物 |
[02:49] | Yeah, no, I know who Satan is. | 不 我知道撒旦是谁 |
[02:51] | I just don’t think red is gonna…summon him. | 我只是不觉得红色会…召唤他 |
[02:54] | You don’t think, but you don’t know | 你不这么认为 但是你也说不准 |
[02:56] | because no one’s been crazy enough to take the chance. | 因为没有人敢冒这个险 |
[02:59] | Please do not bring the Shadow King | 求你别把那个黑暗之王 |
[03:00] | into this neighborhood. | 带到我们的街道上 |
[03:04] | Dragonflies don’t have stingers. | 蜻蜓没有蜇针啊 |
[03:06] | I didn’t get stung. | 我不是被蜇的 |
[03:07] | I was in the driveway | 我那时在我们家的车道上 |
[03:09] | when a dragonfly landed on me and injected its eggs in my arm. | 一个蜻蜓落在我身上 把卵下在我胳膊上了 |
[03:13] | There’s a new transfer student, and she’s cute. | 新来了一个转校生 超正的 |
[03:15] | This school is huge. | 学校这么大 |
[03:17] | There’s no way you can know every girl that goes here. | 你不可能这里每个女生都认识的 |
[03:18] | Of course I can. What else am I doing? | 我当然可以 不然我在这儿干嘛? |
[03:22] | Look. She’s right there. | 看 她就在那儿 |
[03:25] | Looks like she needs assistance. | 看起来她需要点帮助 |
[03:42] | I’m not ready to be a dad. | 还没准备好喜当爹 |
[03:52] | Hi. I’m Karen. | 你好 我叫凯伦 |
[03:54] | Could you show me to my class? I’m new. | 你能带我去班上吗? 我是新来的 |
[03:56] | Tight. | 没问题 |
[03:57] | I’m Eddie. | 我叫埃迪 |
[03:58] | I’ll show you where the good bathroom is, too. | 我还会告诉你哪个卫生间比较好 |
[04:00] | All the graffiti is really positive. | 里面所有的涂鸦都很正能量 |
[04:06] | Did we not agree to keep that restroom a secret? | 我们不是说好那个卫生间要保密的吗? |
[04:12] | I’m late. | 我来晚了 |
[04:15] | ‘Cause if you read it in a magazine, | 因为无论杂志上写的是什么 |
[04:17] | it has to be true, right?! | 都一定是对的 不是吗?! |
[04:18] | Well, I don’t care what you read about in Forbes, | 我才不管你在福布斯杂志上看到什么了呢 |
[04:20] | I am breast-feeding my baby! | 我就要给我的宝宝喂母乳! |
[04:22] | Jessica, what a pleasant surprise. | 杰西卡 见到你太高兴了 |
[04:24] | My mom just got here… six minutes ago. | 我妈妈六分钟前… 刚来 |
[04:28] | So, you think your body, | 你觉得你的身体 |
[04:30] | the same body that produces urine, | 就是你用来产生尿液的身体 |
[04:32] | can naturally produce nutrition better than scientists in a lab? | 能比科学家在实验室里研究出来的营养还要好? |
[04:35] | I don’t think so. | 我不觉得 |
[04:36] | Breast-feeding is efficient and economical. | 母乳喂养既省钱又有效率 |
[04:39] | All the food is free, | 首先它免费 |
[04:40] | plus you don’t have to waste gas | 除此之外你不用浪费油钱 |
[04:41] | driving to the store because the store, | 开车去商店买吃的 |
[04:43] | it’s right there on you… two locations. | 因为你就是商店本店… 还有两家 |
[04:45] | Thank you, Jessica. | 谢谢你 杰西卡 |
[04:47] | Mom, this is my neighbor | 妈妈 这是我邻居 |
[04:48] | and best friend I was telling you about. | 也是我跟你说的我最好的朋友 |
[04:50] | – Hello, nice to meet… – Nice to meet you. | – 你好 很高兴… – 很高兴认识你 |
[04:52] | You look weary. | 你看起来很疲惫 |
[04:52] | You should consider taking a nap. | 你应该睡个午觉了 |
[04:56] | Well, I guess I am tired | 我想我是有点累了 |
[04:57] | from searching for where Honey keeps her water glasses. | 因为一直在找蜜儿把水杯放哪里了 |
[05:01] | Maybe I will go lie down. | 我想我会去躺一会 |
[05:07] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[05:09] | You diffused that whole situation. | 你一下就把问题解决了 |
[05:11] | Well, no one can control the controller, Honey. | 蜜儿 掌控者是不会被人掌控的 |
[05:13] | I’m like a universal remote. | 我就像是一个全世界通用的遥控器 |
[05:15] | I mute any TV you point me at. | 你讨厌哪个频道我就静音哪个频道 |
[05:18] | All right, well, | 好了 |
[05:19] | I better run to the store and pick up a roast chicken. | 我最好现在就去趟商店买只烤鸡 |
[05:22] | My mom likes to tear into a bird when she wakes up. | 我妈一睁眼就喜欢撕烤鸡吃 |
[05:28] | Well, that was one hell of a send-off, huh? | 刚刚那送行的场面可真是惨烈啊 |
[05:31] | Where were those people when I pushed off for Guam? | 我从关岛退役的时候这些人都哪去了? |
[05:33] | You know, I’ve never been | 我还从来没参加过 |
[05:34] | on an all-inclusive vacation before. | 全免费的旅行呢 |
[05:36] | I’m gonna take advantage of everything on this ship | 我要开始尽情享受了 |
[05:38] | and not spend a dime. | 一分钱不花 |
[05:40] | Sounds like you’re gonna go all out, huh, buddy? | 听起来你好像是要大干一场啊 哥们儿 |
[05:42] | Or am I going… full steam ahead? | 或者可以说满舵前进? |
[05:45] | On a passenger vessel? | 在一艘客轮上? |
[05:47] | Dear God, I hope not. | 还是算了吧 |
[05:52] | I drew a circle around it | 我在我的宝贝痘旁边画了个圈 |
[05:54] | to see if my baby bump’s getting bigger. | 看看它是不是在长大 |
[05:55] | It’s firmer. You want to feel? | 现在变硬了 你想摸一下吗 |
[05:57] | I’m good. | 还是算了 |
[05:58] | How’d it go with the new girl? | 跟新妹子相处的怎么样啊 |
[06:00] | She wants to eat lunch together. | 她想跟我一起吃午饭 |
[06:01] | Maybe it’s just the hormones | 也许只是蜻蜓怀孕那件事中 |
[06:03] | from the dragonfly pregnancy talking, | 的荷尔蒙影响了你 |
[06:04] | but I’m really happy for you, Eddie. | 但是我真心为你高兴 埃迪 |
[06:06] | I don’t know. I can’t tell if she likes me. | 我不太确定她到底喜不喜欢我 |
[06:09] | Just give her the “Soda test.” | 那就来个“苏打测试”吧 |
[06:10] | Crack open a can, take a sip, and offer her some. | 先打开一瓶苏打 喝一口然后也让她喝一口 |
[06:14] | If she goes lip-to-can instead of pouring it from above… | 如果她直接喝而不是隔了老远倒的话 |
[06:18] | Then she definitely likes you. | 那她绝对就是喜欢你了 |
[06:25] | Sip? | 喝吗? |
[06:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:45] | Have you heard of this new thing called “Co-sleeping” | 你听说过”合睡”吗? |
[06:48] | where the baby sleeps in bed with you? | 就是宝宝跟你睡一张床? |
[06:49] | Ridiculous. | 太搞笑了吧 |
[06:50] | You know, I used the same crib | 我用同一张婴儿床 |
[06:52] | for all three of my boys — no successful escapes. | 养大了我三个孩子呢 无一例外 |
[06:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[06:56] | Oh, hi, dear. Jessica and I are just chatting. | 亲爱的 杰西卡跟我在闲聊呢 |
[06:59] | I came back over because I heard screaming. | 我听见有尖叫声于是就回来看看 |
[07:01] | I couldn’t find the towels. | 我找不到毛巾了 |
[07:02] | They’re in the linen closet. | 毛巾在壁橱里啊 |
[07:03] | Anyway, Jessica and I started talking, | 反正我跟杰西卡就这样开始聊天了 |
[07:05] | and we share many of the same philosophies. | 而且分享了很多育儿哲学 |
[07:07] | Like baby-proofing the house — It’s nonsense. | 就像房间里的宝宝保护装置 简直没一点道理 |
[07:11] | Your kids stubs their toe, they feel pain, they learn. | 孩子碰到脚趾 他感觉到疼以后 就知道不能再碰了 |
[07:14] | Honey burned herself in the fireplace three times. | 蜜儿小时候被壁炉烧到三次呢 |
[07:18] | We refused to put up a screen. She learned. | 我跟她爸不同意把壁炉挡起来 然后她就学会不再靠近了 |
[07:20] | Yes! Yes! | 就是这样 |
[07:21] | It’s about time someone said it. | 总算有人说出来了 |
[07:23] | Thank you, Fay. | 谢谢你 费伊 |
[07:24] | Oh, please. | 别 |
[07:26] | Call me Mrs. St. Claire. | 请称呼我圣克莱尔夫人 |
[07:34] | Jessica, a word in the nursery? | 杰西卡 儿童房借一步说话? |
[07:37] | I haven’t painted it yet. | 我还没开始喷漆呢 |
[07:38] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[07:41] | You’re supposed to be on my side. | 你应该站在我这一边啊 |
[07:43] | You said you’d support me. | 你说过会支持我的 |
[07:44] | Oh, you’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说的对 我太抱歉了 |
[07:46] | I’m just drawn to a strong critical energy. | 我突然被赋予了强烈的批评能量 |
[07:49] | I will admit that. | 这我承认 |
[07:50] | Okay, well, we need to go back out there | 好吧 现在我们需要回到客厅 |
[07:52] | and present a united mothering front. | 表现出坚定的决心 |
[07:54] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[07:55] | Whatever you want, I’ll follow you’re lead. | 不管你想做什么 我都听你的 |
[08:03] | Honey, what is this? I went rummaging. | 蜜儿 这是什么?我刚随便翻了翻 |
[08:07] | It’s a parenting class Jessica and I are going to. | 这是我要跟杰西卡一起去上的育儿培训班 |
[08:10] | “Wilhelmina Page, Child Sage”? | “威廉敏娜 佩吉 儿童智者”? |
[08:14] | Babies shouldn’t play with phones. It’s reckless. | 宝宝不应该玩电话啊 太鲁莽了 |
[08:15] | It’s reckless. What if it called 911? | 如果他拨911怎么办啊 |
[08:18] | Well, then it should be given a MacArthur Grant | 那应该给他颁一个麦克阿瑟奖 |
[08:20] | because at that stage of development, | 这个年龄段的孩子 |
[08:21] | it would be a genius — | 能打911的绝对是个天才 |
[08:23] | a genius hero baby. | 天才英雄宝宝 |
[08:26] | The Page Method is about letting the baby | 佩吉的方法是让宝宝自己 |
[08:27] | tell you what it needs. | 告诉你他需要什么 |
[08:29] | Babies can’t talk. | 宝宝不会讲话 |
[08:31] | This baby-led parenting just means | 宝宝主导的育儿方法只是 |
[08:33] | letting the child do whatever it wants | 让他随心所欲 |
[08:35] | and catering to it every time it cries. | 而且每次哭的时候都要满足他 |
[08:38] | Crying means it needs something. | 哭证明他肯定需要些什么啊 |
[08:40] | Right, Jessica? | 是吧杰西卡? |
[08:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:45] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯… |
[08:46] | That class… | 这种课吧 |
[08:48] | seems like a great use of time. | 真的很值得花时间去 |
[08:54] | Can I come, then? | 那我可以一起去吗? |
[08:55] | Y-You want to come? | 你也想去吗? |
[08:57] | Well, I’ve rummaged through | 嗯 我几乎把所有值得翻的东西 |
[08:58] | everything worth rummaging through. | 都翻个遍了 |
[09:00] | I’ll just sit in the back, | 我就坐在后边 |
[09:01] | reading my Forbes, breaking in my new boat shoes. | 翻翻杂志 磨合磨合新鞋子 |
[09:07] | I’m meeting Karen at the library, | 我约了凯伦在图书馆见面 |
[09:09] | then we’re going to her house and chill. | 然后我们打算去她家玩 |
[09:11] | Halt! | 停! |
[09:13] | Eddie, I have bad news. | 埃迪 我有个坏消息 |
[09:15] | As a member of the Safety Patrol, | 作为安全巡查队的一员 |
[09:16] | I was helping Karen set up her locker, | 刚刚我在帮凯伦修她的储物柜时 |
[09:18] | and I saw a picture of her and her ex-boyfriend | 看到了她跟她前男友 |
[09:20] | from a school dance. | 在学校舞会上的照片 |
[09:23] | He’s Asian. | 他是个亚洲人 |
[09:26] | So? | 所以呢? |
[09:26] | So, she didn’t pick you over us. | 所以她并不是从我们中看上了你 |
[09:28] | She’s just got a “Thing.” | 她只是为了满足某种癖好 |
[09:30] | She’s only into you because you’re Asian. | 她喜欢你就是因为你是亚洲人 |
[09:32] | As a ginger who’s been repeatedly objectified, | 作为一个老是被拒绝的红头发 |
[09:34] | you don’t want to go down this road. | 我可不想让你误入歧途 |
[09:36] | Now it makes sense. | 现在一切看起来都有道理了 |
[09:38] | She didn’t even look my way. | 她一眼都没看我 |
[09:39] | I usually get at least one glance, | 通常至少会看我一眼的 |
[09:41] | even if it’s defensive. | 即使是瞪我的 |
[09:42] | She also has a picture up of her favorite guitarist. | 她储物柜里还有一张她喜欢的吉他手的照片 |
[09:45] | Hendrix? | 亨德里克斯? |
[09:45] | Iha — James Iha, | 井叶吉伸 |
[09:48] | the blond Asian guitarist from The Smashing Pumpkins. | 碎南瓜乐队的金发亚洲吉他手 |
[09:50] | Nah, man. | 算了吧 |
[09:51] | She picked me because she has a preference for dope G’s. | 她选我只是因为觉得我很酷 |
[09:54] | You guys are just jealous. | 你们只是嫉妒我吧 |
[09:56] | I’ll prove it. | 我会证明的 |
[10:04] | 17. Winner. | 17点 你赢了 |
[10:06] | Come on, Lou, you gonna play or what? | 路易斯 你到底玩不玩? |
[10:07] | Oh, just watching. | 我就看看 |
[10:09] | I’m not spending any money on this trip. | 这次旅行我一分钱都不会花的 |
[10:11] | How many servings of prime rib have you had at the buffet? | 在自助餐那儿你吃了多少牛肋排? |
[10:14] | Mm…four. | 四块吧 |
[10:15] | Okay, at market value of $19.99 each, | 每块市价19.99刀呢 |
[10:18] | you’re already up 80 bucks. | 你已经吃了80刀了 |
[10:20] | You know what? You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[10:21] | I’m playing with house money right now. | 我现在就要拿老本下注了 |
[10:31] | I’ll stay. | 我停牌 |
[10:32] | Split me. | 分牌 |
[10:36] | Hot dog! Double split. | 双倍分牌 |
[10:38] | Split me. | 分牌 |
[10:44] | – Double-down city, Lou. – All right. | – 双倍下注吧 路 – 好吧 |
[10:48] | 17 20 18 14 17, 20, 18, 14. | |
[10:52] | Dealer has 13, 16. | 庄家有13 16 |
[10:56] | Dealer has 21. | 庄家有21 |
[11:08] | I don’t even like oysters. | 我甚至都不喜欢牡蛎 |
[11:10] | But they’re so expensive, they’re the most efficient way | 但是它们很贵 |
[11:12] | for me to make up for my gambling losses. | 是弥补我赌博损失最有效的方法 |
[11:14] | Clockwise from the left, we have Fanny Bay — | 从左边顺时针方向起 是芬尼湾 |
[11:17] | Don’t care. Just keep ’em coming. | 不关心 继续上菜别停 |
[11:22] | For centuries, | 几个世纪以来 |
[11:24] | mothers have believed that they know best. | 妈妈们坚信自己知道的就是最好的 |
[11:27] | But what if we flipped that? | 但是如果我们轻率了呢? |
[11:30] | What if baby knows best? | 如果宝宝才知道什么是最好的呢? |
[11:35] | Powerful. | 讲的太对了 |
[11:36] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[11:38] | I’m Wilhelmina Page, | 我是威廉敏娜 佩吉 |
[11:40] | author of “Hear Me: My Nine Months in the Womb,” | 用第一人称视角讲述在妈妈身体里的故事 |
[11:44] | a first-person account of being inside my own mother. | “听我说 我在子宫里的九个月”的作者 |
[11:52] | Think of your heartbeat | 把你们的心跳声 |
[11:55] | as a telegraph to the truth… | 想象为一封通往真相的电报 |
[11:57] | …and your baby is trying to pound out a message | 你的宝宝试着用摩斯密码 |
[12:01] | in Morse code. | 向你传递消息 |
[12:03] | Can you hear it? | 你能听到吗? |
[12:05] | Listen. Lean in. | 听 靠近点 |
[12:09] | The baby is saying “Beep beep. | 宝宝在说 哔哔 |
[12:12] | Who got the keys to the Jeep?” | 谁有这吉普的钥匙? |
[12:14] | Ha! Just playin’. I love Missy Elliott. | 开个玩笑 我超爱梅西 埃利奥特的 |
[12:17] | We gonna have some fun in here today. | 大家今天会玩得很开心的 |
[12:19] | Let me get the questionnaires. | 我先把问卷收一下 |
[12:21] | She’s a riot. | 她很会调动气氛啊 |
[12:26] | Hey. I picked us up a couple snacks. | 嘿 我带了些零食来 |
[12:28] | Which do you prefer — | 你想吃哪个? |
[12:30] | Squiddies, a snack found in most Asian households, | 是大多数亚洲家庭里都有的鱿鱼片 |
[12:34] | or Snickers? | 还是士力架? |
[12:35] | Snickers all day. | 当然士力架了 |
[12:37] | Which one of these books seems more interesting? | 哪本书看起来更有意思呢? |
[12:40] | “The Tao of Gung Fu” By Bruce Lee | 李小龙的”功夫之道” |
[12:42] | or “The Secret Power Within” By Chuck Norris? | 还是查克诺瑞斯的”神秘力量”? |
[12:44] | Chuck Norris. | 查克诺瑞斯 |
[12:46] | He’s great in that movie “Sidekicks.” | 他在”无敌战将”里演的简直太棒了 |
[12:48] | Oh, no. My shoe’s untied. | 我的鞋带开了 |
[12:50] | Who will help me? | 谁能帮帮我? |
[12:52] | Oh, no. My shoe is also untied, and I, too, need help. | 我的鞋带也开了 我也需要帮助 |
[12:58] | Oh, it’s okay. Let me help you. | 我来帮你吧 |
[13:02] | Knew those fools were just jealous. | 就知道那些傻瓜就是嫉妒我 |
[13:06] | Ah! He’s fine. | 不用管他了 |
[13:08] | We’ve helped enough children for one day. | 我们一天就帮一个小孩 |
[13:10] | Shall we chill? | 我们走吧? |
[13:12] | Okay, let’s review your questionnaire responses. | 让我们来看看大家的问卷反馈 |
[13:16] | Question number one — | 问题一 |
[13:17] | How do you know when to feed your baby? | 你怎么知道什么时候该喂孩子了? |
[13:21] | Beth C. Wrote — W-Where’s Beth C.? | 贝丝 C.写的是… 贝丝 C.在哪儿? |
[13:24] | Right here. I’m Beth C. | 这里 我是贝丝 C. |
[13:25] | Welcome. Beth C. Wrote, “It depends.” | 欢迎你 贝丝 C. 写的是“看情况” |
[13:30] | It does. Right? | 确实是这样 |
[13:32] | It depends on what your baby is telling you, | 它取决于宝宝跟你说的话 |
[13:35] | because the best feeding schedule | 因为最佳的喂奶时间 |
[13:37] | is the one your baby designs. | 是你的宝宝自己设计的 |
[13:41] | Write that down. | 记下来 |
[13:42] | Question number two — | 问题二 |
[13:43] | When is it appropriate to hug your child? | 什么时候抱你的宝宝最合适? |
[13:46] | Cynthia McCormick wrote… “Christmas Eve”? | 辛西娅 麦考米克写的是“平安夜”? |
[13:50] | Affection is a powerful motivator. | 情感是一种强大的推动力 |
[13:53] | If you hug them all the time, | 如果你老是拥抱他们 |
[13:54] | they won’t know when you really mean it. | 你真心抱他们的时候他们就不知道了 |
[13:58] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 |
[13:59] | Why don’t we switch gears, huh? | 我们不如换个主题? |
[14:01] | Let’s get into swaddling techniques. | 学习些包襁褓的小技巧 |
[14:03] | Now, unfortunately, | 现在 不幸的是 |
[14:05] | my little cat did get into the storage room | 我的小猫成功进到了储藏室 |
[14:07] | and peed on all the baby dolls, | 而且在玩具上嘘嘘了 |
[14:10] | so step right over here, grab a cloth and a melon. | 所以现在大家都到那边去 拿上一块布跟一个西瓜 |
[14:12] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[14:16] | Hey, hey. So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[14:19] | Well, it’s nice to know | 很开心能够知道 |
[14:20] | that if we forget anything, the baby will tell us. | 不管我们忘记什么了 宝宝都会告诉我们的 |
[14:22] | Ugh! This is so dumb! | 这也太傻了吧 |
[14:24] | I thought you were just playing along. | 我还以为你也很投入呢 |
[14:25] | I’m just trying to be supportive. | 我只是想要支持蜜儿 |
[14:27] | Well, the best way to be supportive | 支持蜜儿的最好方法 |
[14:29] | is to be honest with Honey. | 就是跟蜜儿说实话 |
[14:30] | She’s never been a mom. She doesn’t know. | 她从没当过妈妈 什么都不知道 |
[14:33] | Oh, I think I’m doing it wrong. | 我觉得我做错了 |
[14:36] | Everybody else’s melon looks happy. | 别人的西瓜看起来都很开心 |
[14:38] | Right. | 你说的对 |
[14:40] | She’s vulnerable, | 她太脆弱了 |
[14:41] | overwhelmed by pregnancy hormones. | 被怀孕产生的荷尔蒙压倒了 |
[14:44] | And Beth C. Is not helping, | 而且贝丝 C.一点忙都帮不上 |
[14:45] | just nodding along with everything. | 她对任何事情都瞎点头 |
[14:47] | T-This all makes sense. Yeah. | 我终于懂了 |
[14:51] | We need to pull Honey aside and tell her this is nonsense. | 我们需要把蜜儿拉出来 告诉她这有多没用 |
[14:55] | It’s for her own good. | 这都是为了她好 |
[14:56] | We have experience. She doesn’t. | 我们都经历过 但她没有 |
[14:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:01] | It doesn’t have legs, so… | 它没有腿 所以… |
[15:04] | Honey, we have to be honest with you — | 蜜儿 我们必须诚实的跟你讲 |
[15:07] | This class is garbage. | 这门课简直是垃圾 |
[15:09] | We both think it’s a waste of time and money. | 我们都认为它费钱费时间 |
[15:12] | Not me. | 我可没说 |
[15:13] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[15:15] | If this is what Honey wants, I support her. | 如果蜜儿想上 我会支持她的 |
[15:19] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:21] | That’s not what I said. | 这不是我想说的 |
[15:22] | You said we were gonna be honest with Honey. | 是你说我们要对蜜儿诚实的 |
[15:25] | I was being honest with her. | 我对她很诚实啊 |
[15:27] | I think that Page woman has some great ideas, | 我觉得那个叫佩吉的女人也有些好建议 |
[15:30] | – and that’s what I told you. – That’s not what you said. | – 我就是这么跟你说的 – 你可不是这么说的 |
[15:32] | I’ve only been honest with you | 我只对你诚实 |
[15:33] | about how I feel, even when we disagree. | 说出我的感受 即使我们意见不同 |
[15:35] | You’re the one that was in there | 你才是那个在那 |
[15:37] | pretending to like all that stuff. | 假装喜欢一切的人 |
[15:39] | Look, Jessica may be a lot of things, | 杰西卡或许有很多面 |
[15:41] | but she is not a liar. Truth! | 但她并不会骗人 说的对 |
[15:43] | She’s here because I asked her to be here. | 她在这里是因为我让她来的 |
[15:45] | You’re here because the idea | 而你在这里是因为 |
[15:47] | of me raising a baby without your input drives you nuts. | 你不能接受我养孩子的方法 |
[15:50] | It drives me nuts because your ideas are crazy. | 我不能接受是因为你的主意太疯狂了 |
[15:52] | I don’t understand what daughter doesn’t want her mother’s help. | 我不理解为什么女儿不想要妈妈的帮助 |
[15:56] | I would love your help, | 我很想要你的帮助 |
[15:57] | but you’re not trying to help, you’re trying to control. | 但是你不是在试着帮忙而是试着在控制我 |
[16:00] | Well, you need to be controlled. | 你太需要被控制了 |
[16:02] | Look at the garbage you’re buying into. | 看看你买的这种垃圾课 |
[16:04] | Look, I told you she thought this was garbage, Honey. | 蜜儿 我告诉过你她觉得这门课是垃圾 |
[16:07] | Anybody else’s mother thinks this class is garbage, | 还有谁的妈妈认为这门课是垃圾的 |
[16:09] | speak up now. | 现在赶紧说出来 |
[16:11] | Huh? Huh? | 有谁?有谁? |
[16:12] | Hey, you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[16:13] | I’ve had enough of this. I’m out of here. | 我受够了 我要走了 |
[16:16] | Oh, well, that’s real mature, young lady. | 这才是成熟的表现 |
[16:19] | I guess your best friend and I | 我猜你的好闺蜜跟我 |
[16:20] | will just find our own way home. | 能自己回家的 |
[16:22] | Maybe your child sage has a bus schedule. | 或许你的儿童智者还负责接送呢 |
[16:26] | – I’m gonna get a taxi. – Yes, good. | – 我要打车了 – 好的 |
[16:27] | – We should go after her. – Wha– | – 我们应该跟在她后边 – 什么 |
[16:28] | I’m not going after her. I’m going to the airport. | 我才不跟在她后边呢 我要去机场了 |
[16:31] | You’re just gonna leave? | 你要走了? |
[16:32] | So what? Honey left. | 不然呢?蜜儿都走了 |
[16:34] | But you’re her mother. | 但你是她妈妈啊 |
[16:35] | This is what she does. | 她就这样 |
[16:37] | She runs away and wants me to follow her. | 她逃跑了还想让我跟着她 |
[16:39] | She lives for this kind of drama. | 她活得跟电视剧一样 |
[16:41] | She’ll be fine. Trust me. | 她会没事的 相信我 |
[16:46] | Yeah, I don’t know why libraries don’t charge to make copies. | 是啊 我也不理解为什么图书管理员不收复印的钱 |
[16:49] | So many cheeks have been on that glass — | 复印机上面有很多脸颊印啊 |
[16:51] | face and butt. | 不知道是脸蛋还是屁股 |
[16:54] | Wow, your ex-boo really changed his look over the years — | 哇哦 你的前男友这几年变化很大啊 |
[16:57] | went back and forth on the bangs. | 不过看起来都很开心 |
[16:59] | No, those are three different guys. | 这是三个不同的人 |
[17:03] | What? | 啥? |
[17:05] | My friends are right. | 看来我朋友说的对 |
[17:06] | You do have a thing for Asian dudes. | 你确实对亚洲男有着特别的兴趣 |
[17:08] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[17:10] | All your exes and guitar heroes have been Asian. | 你的所有前男友跟喜欢的吉他手都是亚洲人 |
[17:13] | I-I never really thought about it, | 我还从来没认真想过呢 |
[17:15] | but, yeah, I guess they have. | 但是现在我觉得好像还真是的 |
[17:17] | So? Don’t you think that’s weird? | 所以 你不觉得这很奇怪吗? |
[17:20] | No. Why would that be weird? | 为什么会奇怪呢? |
[17:22] | Do you think it’s weird | 如果你喜欢过的女生都是白人 |
[17:23] | that all the girls you’ve liked have been white? | 你会觉得奇怪吗? |
[17:25] | But that’s different. | 但是性质不一样啊 |
[17:26] | See, that’s not a preference, that’s just what’s around. | 我那不是有偏好 而是我周围都是白人女生 |
[17:29] | I first talked to you because I saw your “X-Files” Shirt. | 我第一次跟你说话是因为你穿了”X档案”的衬衫 |
[17:31] | I love that show. | 我特别喜欢那个节目 |
[17:32] | I thought it was gonna be about Malcolm X, | 我刚开始以为是关于马尔科姆 X的电影呢 |
[17:35] | but it turned out to be a great romantic sci-fi mystery. | 后来才知道原来是部浪漫科幻剧 |
[17:37] | And then we started hanging out, | 接着我们开始约会 |
[17:38] | and I thought you were cool and funny and cute. | 我觉得你很酷很搞笑还很可爱 |
[17:40] | Okay. That makes sense. | 现在一切都说得通了 |
[17:42] | So should we start chilling, or — | 所以我们现在要开始玩呢还是 |
[17:44] | But I was obviously wrong. | 但是我显然看错了 |
[17:46] | So you don’t have to worry about who I like anymore, | 所以你不必担心我喜欢谁了 |
[17:48] | ’cause it ain’t you. | 因为不会是你了 |
[17:49] | Happy? That make you feel good? | 开心吗?让你感觉好受了点吗? |
[17:52] | No. I feel bad. | 我感觉很糟 |
[17:54] | Please lave. | 请走吧 |
[18:01] | I’m back to even. | 我终于把亏的吃回来了 |
[18:02] | There are sun beds down in the lower deck. | 下层甲板上有日光浴 |
[18:05] | I fell asleep. | 但是我睡着了 |
[18:08] | I’ll pay for it in moles later, but it was worth it. | 等回去后我会花钱查一下痣的 但已经够本了 |
[18:13] | Mr. Huang, you have a phone call from your wife. | 黄先生 您妻子的电话 |
[18:16] | What’s wrong? What happened? | 发生什么了? |
[18:17] | Honey’s mother is a piece of work. | 蜜儿的妈妈简直太奇葩了 |
[18:20] | What? | 啥? |
[18:21] | They got into an argument, and she just left town. | 她们俩吵架了 然后她妈妈就回家了 |
[18:23] | I mean, I’ve threatened to leave the kids many times — | 我之前为了惩罚就威胁说把孩子留在孤儿院 |
[18:26] | at the orphanage, at the fire station, at the mall — | 消防队 超市很多次 |
[18:28] | but I’ve never actually done it. | 但是我从来没有付诸于实践啊 |
[18:30] | Except for that time you left them at the ice cream store. | 除了你把他们忘在冰激凌店的那次 |
[18:32] | We agreed to call that an accident. | 我们都同意那次是个意外 |
[18:35] | I know I need to go find Honey and talk to her, | 我知道我需要找到蜜儿并且跟她聊聊 |
[18:37] | but I don’t know what to say. | 但是我不知道要说些什么 |
[18:39] | I feel the same way her mom does | 我在照顾宝宝这方面 |
[18:41] | about a lot of this baby stuff, | 跟她妈妈有同样的想法 |
[18:42] | but Honey wouldn’t listen to her. | 但是蜜儿不会听她妈妈的 |
[18:44] | Sounds like she just needs your support as a friend. | 听起来她只需要你作为朋友的支持 |
[18:46] | Her mom left. You would never abandon her. | 她妈妈离开了 但你绝不会抛弃她的 |
[18:49] | No, I wouldn’t. | 是的 我不会 |
[18:51] | Not even by accident. | 也不会意外抛弃她的 |
[18:53] | I have to go. | 我要挂了 |
[18:55] | Bring me back a giant seashell I can blow to summon the kids. | 记得带个大贝壳回来 我好用来召唤孩子们 |
[19:01] | Your phone charges, sir. | 先生这是您的电话收费清单 |
[19:06] | I can’t eat any more oysters. | 可我吃不下牡蛎了 |
[19:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:18] | How did you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这? |
[19:20] | When you’re upset, you crave high-sodium meats on meat. | 当你不开心的时候 老是喜欢吃含盐特别多的肉 |
[19:26] | My mom already left, didn’t she? | 我妈妈是不是已经走了? |
[19:30] | It’s crazy. | 简直太疯狂了 |
[19:31] | We have never been close, but for whatever reason, | 我们一直都不太亲近 但不论如何 |
[19:34] | I just hoped it would be different this time. | 我只希望这次会不同呢 |
[19:36] | I’m sorry that happened. | 对发生的这一切我很抱歉 |
[19:38] | Hey, I get it. | 我终于理解了 |
[19:40] | When I first got pregnant, | 当我第一次怀孕时 |
[19:42] | not only was my mom not here, but I was new to this country. | 我妈妈不在我身边 而且我刚来到这个国家 |
[19:45] | I didn’t know how anything worked. | 我不知道这一切的运作方式 |
[19:47] | I didn’t have any friends who were moms. | 我没有当过母亲的朋友 |
[19:51] | I had to figure it out on my own. | 我必须靠自己 |
[19:53] | That must have been so scary. | 那肯定很可怕吧 |
[19:55] | Not as scary as your nursery will be | 要是你把婴儿房涂成红色 |
[19:57] | after we paint it red, | 就比这恐怖了 |
[19:59] | which I will help you do | 不过我会帮你的 |
[20:01] | because I support you. | 因为我支持你 |
[20:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:04] | Just to throw it out there, | 我就是提一句 |
[20:06] | yellow is also a sexless baby color, | 黄色也是个中性的儿童适用色 |
[20:09] | But it’s like a sunflower instead of the fires of Hell. | 但是更像向日葵而非地狱烈焰 |
[20:14] | Just to throw it out there. | 我就是随便一说 |
[20:16] | But whatever you want. Let’s do yellow. | 你想涂什么涂什么 我们涂黄色吧 |
[20:21] | So, the bite on your arm just went away? | 你胳膊上的咬痕消失了? |
[20:23] | Yeah, I woke up, and it was gone. | 没错 我一起床它就不见了 |
[20:25] | Maybe I absorbed the dragonfly babies into my blood. | 可能我把蜻蜓幼虫吸收到血液里了 |
[20:27] | Dave, please. I’m halfway through a clementine. | 戴夫 拜托 我刚要吃东西 |
[20:30] | Great job, idiots. | 干得好 白痴们 |
[20:32] | Turns out Karen just liked me for me — or used to. | 原来凯伦喜欢的就是我这个人 曾经喜欢的是 |
[20:36] | Now I have no prospects on the horizon, | 现在我的前途一片渺茫 |
[20:38] | and one more person knows about our secret bathroom. | 而且我们的秘密厕所又多了一个知情者 |
[20:40] | So I hope you like seeing girls’ Keds under the stall doors, | 所以希望你们喜欢在厕所门后面看到女生的鞋子 |
[20:43] | because that’s what’s happening. | 因为这就要发生了 |
[20:45] | You know what? I’m fine with it. | 你知道吗 我不介意 |
[20:51] | What are you doing back? | 你回来干嘛呢 |
[20:53] | The cruise lasts till next week. | 巡游到下周才结束呢 |
[20:55] | Great news! | 好消息 |
[20:56] | Oh, your zinc intake is dangerous, Lou. | 你摄入了危险含量的锌 |
[20:59] | That’s a lot of bivalves for one man. | 你一个人吃太多贝类了 |
[21:01] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. | 女士们先生们 现在是船长在讲话 |
[21:05] | We regret to inform you that a female passenger | 我们很遗憾地通知你们 |
[21:07] | has fallen overboard. | 一位女士落水了 |
[21:08] | We need a complete head count at this time. | 我们现在必须仔细清点人头 |
[21:10] | Please return to your cabins immediately. | 请立刻返回船舱 |
[21:13] | We will be returning to port and giving everyone a refund. | 我们会立刻返航 给大家退钱 |
[21:16] | Someone fell off the ship. | 有人从船上掉下去了 |
[21:18] | I got a full refund. Didn’t spend a dime. | 我拿到了全额退款 一分钱没花 |
[21:20] | And my seashell? | 我的大贝壳呢? |