时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Who are you trying to get crazy with, ese? | 你想和谁一起疯狂? |
[00:06] | Don’t you know i’m loco? | 你难道不知道为自己发狂吗? |
[00:15] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[00:16] | Guess whose insane brain is east orlando high’s | 猜猜是东奥兰多高中哪位最强大脑 |
[00:19] | newest inductee to the national honor society. | 成为了国家荣誉协会的最新成员 |
[00:23] | Your ex-girlfriend, Alison. | 你前女友 艾莉森 |
[00:25] | It’s me. I made honor roll. | 是我 我上了荣誉榜 |
[00:29] | I’m sorry. Am I sleeping? | 不好意思 我是还没睡醒吗? |
[00:31] | Did the beef stew put me to sleep? | 炖牛肉催我入眠了吗? |
[00:33] | Am I at risk of drowning | 我面朝着 |
[00:34] | Because I’m sleeping facedown in a bowl of beef stew? | 一碗炖牛肉睡觉会不会有溺水的危险? |
[00:37] | Not a dream, ma. | 这不是在做梦 妈妈 |
[00:38] | Y’all have been on me to get it together. | 你们共同的帮助让我做到了 |
[00:40] | Well, I’ve been here, waking up two minutes | 我就在这儿 在我去学校之前 |
[00:42] | Before I have to leave for school, | 的两分钟前醒来 |
[00:44] | Crushing that a-minus/b-plus lifestyle. | 享受着这种A-或者B+的生活 |
[00:46] | That’s great, Eddie. I am so proud of you. | 太棒了 埃迪 我为你感到骄傲 |
[00:49] | Well done, Eddie. | 干得好 埃迪 |
[00:55] | It just goes to show how if you somewhat apply yourself | 这说明了如果你在最后一刻能在某种程度上 |
[00:58] | at the last minute, anything is… | 争取一下 万事都… |
[01:03] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[01:08] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[01:09] | Luckily, I have the number to pizza town memorized. | 还好 我有记住披萨店的号码 |
[01:13] | Wait. No, I don’t. | 等下 我没有 |
[01:14] | I gotta go find that magnet. | 我得去找那块磁铁 |
[01:35] | Hey, kiddo. | 嘿 伙计 |
[01:36] | Got a sec for a big-bro/little-bro tête-à -tête? | 有没有时间来一场兄弟之间面对面的谈话? |
[01:39] | Oh, god. now you speak french? | 天哪 现在你都开始说法语了吗? |
[01:41] | Listen, I know it must be hard for you. | 我知道这对你来说很难接受 |
[01:43] | You’re used to being the biggest brains in the family. | 你已经习惯了做这个家里最聪明的人 |
[01:45] | You’ve got it all wrong. | 你完全错了 |
[01:46] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你感到开心 |
[01:48] | Buddy, I know anger-folding when I see it. | 伙计 我知道愤怒累积起来是什么样子的 |
[01:51] | Eddie, I am proud of you. | 埃迪 我为你感到骄傲 |
[01:53] | But a thank-you would’ve been nice. | 但是你能说声谢谢就很好 |
[01:56] | For what? | 谢什么? |
[01:57] | I’m the reason you’re getting into honor society. | 我是你能够进入荣誉协会的原因 |
[01:59] | I’m the reason you’ve been able | 我是你每天能够 |
[02:00] | to wake up two minutes before school every day! | 在上学前两分钟才起床的原因! |
[02:04] | Every morning, I get up early | 每天早上 我都早起 |
[02:06] | to set your toothbrush and toilet seat. | 把你的牙刷和马桶座放好 |
[02:10] | Then I sneak greens into your lunch | 为了你的头脑发育 我偷偷在 |
[02:12] | for brain development. | 你的午餐里加绿色食物 |
[02:14] | And I get your homework, the bus schedule, | 还有我为了以防万一把你的作业 公车时刻表 |
[02:17] | And exact change in quarters… in case of emergency… | 和正好的二十五美分的零钱 |
[02:19] | Into your backpack. | 放进你包里 |
[02:21] | I dreamt I was a mer-man. | 我梦到了我是一条美男鱼 |
[02:25] | Huh. I’ve been using that change | 我用那零钱 |
[02:27] | To buy sausage at 7-eleven. | 在7-11买了香肠 |
[02:28] | And you never wondered how it got there? | 你从来都不想知道它怎么会在包里的? |
[02:30] | I thought mom did it. | 我以为是妈妈干的 |
[02:32] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[02:33] | Mom’s just trying to keep your head above water. | 妈妈顶多是让你浮出水面 |
[02:35] | I’m trying to get you to the other side of the pool. | 而我会帮助你到达泳池另一端 |
[02:37] | Since when do you care whether or not I do well? | 你什么时候开始关心我做的好不好了? |
[02:39] | Since you started high school, | 自你高中起 |
[02:41] | Which is the first year of precollege. | 就是在为大学做准备 |
[02:43] | I want to visit you at Stanford, not jail. | 我希望能去斯坦福看你 而不是监狱 |
[02:45] | Well, I didn’t ask you to do any of this. | 我没有要求你做这些 |
[02:48] | I’m a grown human, | 我是一个在成长的人 |
[02:49] | Taller than mom and dad. | 我比我爸妈都还要高 |
[02:51] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾好自己 |
[02:53] | I would love to see you get by without all my help. | 我很乐意看看没有我的帮助的话你要怎么过 |
[02:55] | Good, ’cause that’s what I’ll do. | 很好 因为那正是我要做的 |
[02:57] | G’luck! | 好运! |
[02:58] | Don’t you mean bonne chance? | 你是说祝你好运吗? |
[03:00] | Stop speaking french! | 别说法语了! |
[03:04] | Put your hands where I can see them. | 举起手来 |
[03:05] | I’m taking you downtown. | 我要把你带到市区 |
[03:07] | Ooh, are we doing this? | 我们真的要这么干吗? |
[03:10] | Officer, I’ve been baaaaad. | 警官 我很坏坏 |
[03:13] | No. it’s from my book. | 不 这是我书里的 |
[03:14] | I just got another round of publisher notes, | 我刚刚收到了另一份出版商意见 |
[03:16] | This time from vera. | 这次是薇拉写的 |
[03:18] | She says my police sections lack authenticity. | 她说我关于警察的部分缺少真实性 |
[03:21] | “officer Moretti turns to Jennifer Hong. | “莫蒂警官转向詹妮弗洪 |
[03:24] | ‘take a look, Hong. | ‘看看吧 洪 |
[03:25] | Those three gunshot holes | 这三个枪孔 |
[03:26] | Make the head look like a bowling ball. | 让这脑袋看起来像保龄球一样 |
[03:29] | But this poor son of a bitch wasn’t spared.’ | 但是这个可怜的杂种并没有幸免’ |
[03:32] | That’s perfect, right? | 这很完美 不是吗? |
[03:34] | It’s not great. | 不太好 |
[03:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:36] | That Vera has a good eye. | 薇拉慧眼如炬 |
[03:38] | Luckily, Corporal Bryson has agreed | 幸运的是 布莱森下士已经同意 |
[03:40] | To let me do a ride-along with him tomorrow | 明天带我和他一起巡逻 |
[03:42] | So I can see what a real police officer does all day. | 所以我可以一整天观察真正的警察都在干什么了 |
[03:45] | Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s day. | 明天是圣帕特里克节 |
[03:47] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[03:48] | The Irish love any excuse | 爱尔兰人喜欢一切 |
[03:49] | to break the rules. | 能用来打破规则的借口 |
[03:51] | Look at the band u2. | 看看U2乐队 |
[03:52] | Not even spelling is safe. | 连拼写都不安全 |
[03:54] | Tomorrow we’re doing a special st. patrick’s day menu | 我们明天要在牧场主餐厅推出一份圣帕特里克节 |
[03:55] | At cattleman’s. | 的特殊菜单 |
[03:56] | Matthew Chestnut says it’s a huge moneymaker. | 马修 切斯特纳特说这能赚很多钱 |
[03:59] | I love that guy. | 我喜欢这个人 |
[04:01] | He’s like whiskey… burns your throat going down, | 他就像是威士忌… 让你的喉咙发烫 |
[04:03] | but then it gives you some good ideas, | 但随后他会给你一些好主意 |
[04:04] | And eventually you come to depend on it. | 最终你会依赖于这些主意 |
[04:06] | Okay, tell me what you think. | 跟我说说你觉得如何 |
[04:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:11] | Too much? | 太不像话了吗? |
[04:12] | If I were a cop, | 如果我是个警察 |
[04:13] | I’d arrest you for aggravated assault of the eyes. | 我会以辣眼睛罪逮捕你 |
[04:16] | Okaaaaay. | 好吧 |
[04:26] | Kenny o’rogers’ michael o’bolton’s cattleman’s o’ranch. | 肯尼哦罗杰斯的米歇尔哦波顿的牧场主哦餐厅 |
[04:30] | It’s perfect. | 完美 |
[04:31] | Thanks for your help, Marvin. | 感谢你的帮助 马文 |
[04:33] | I love a drinkin’ man’s holiday. | 我喜欢能喝酒的节日 |
[04:35] | This, Father’s Day, Saturday. | 这个节日 父亲节 周六 |
[04:40] | Happy St. Pat’s day, friends. | 圣帕特里克节快乐 伙计 |
[04:42] | I love a bold suit. | 我喜欢大胆的装束 |
[04:44] | The green kind of washes you out, | 看起来像是绿色浇了你一身 |
[04:46] | But who cares, huh? | 但谁在乎呢? |
[04:47] | St. Pat’s is a day you can do whatever you want. | 圣帕特里克节就是你想穿什么就能穿什么的日子 |
[04:50] | I took a taxi here. | 我打车来的 |
[04:54] | Top o’ the morning, all! | 大家哦早上好! |
[04:56] | Let’s get this sham a-rocking, shall we? | 让我们假装摇滚起来吧 |
[04:58] | Cattleman’s o’ranch. | 牧场主哦餐厅 |
[05:00] | Oh, Kenny Rogers. hello, sir. | 肯尼罗杰斯 先生 你好 |
[05:02] | Louis, I have some sad news. | 路易斯 我有坏消息要告诉你 |
[05:05] | What happened? Is it Dolly? | 发生了什么? 是多莉出事了吗? |
[05:06] | It’s Roasters. We’re filing for bankruptcy. | 是烧烤坊 我们正申请破产 |
[05:09] | You’ll get a chance to buy back my half | 你们有机会以不到一折的价格 |
[05:11] | Of your restaurant for pennies on the dollar. | 从我手里买回餐厅的一半 |
[05:14] | Yes! | 好哎! |
[05:16] | Oh, no. | 啊 太遗憾了 |
[05:18] | Koo koo roo got ya, huh? | 是外卖搞的吧? |
[05:19] | Afraid so. | 恐怕是了 |
[05:20] | Tell Matthew chestnut he’s fired for me. | 告诉马修那个小崽子 他被我炒了 |
[05:23] | Wait. Me? why do I have to do it? | 等等 我告诉? 为啥要我当这个坏人? |
[05:25] | Because I don’t want to. | 因为我不想 |
[05:27] | Call me when it’s done. | 处理好了给我回电话 |
[05:38] | Most cops wear standard-issue slacks, | 绝大多数警察都穿整齐划一的宽腿裤 |
[05:40] | But I go with the tighter motorcycle pants | 但是我都穿更紧一点的机车裤 |
[05:42] | ’cause I like the range of motion. | 因为我喜欢有活动空间的裤子 |
[05:43] | But in the summertime, I switch to shorts… | 但夏天的时候 我就换成短裤 |
[05:45] | Horse-cop shorts, not bike-cop shorts. | 是骑马的警察穿的那种短裤 不是骑车的 |
[05:48] | Shouldn’t you be writing this down? | 你不要记一下吗? |
[05:50] | No. This is all unusable. | 不用 都是些废话 |
[05:51] | I’m waiting for something exciting to happen. | 我正期待劲爆的事发生呢 |
[05:54] | All units, we’ve got a j-2-9-9er in progress. | 所有小队注意 J-2-9-9ER程序已经启动 |
[05:58] | Someone at the precinct offered to go on a coffee run. | 警局里的某人可以帮买咖啡的意思 |
[06:01] | “j” is java. | “J”代表爪哇咖啡 |
[06:02] | 299 is funny ’cause a cup usually costs… | 299就很好笑 因为一杯的价格一般是 |
[06:03] | Yes. | 到此为止吧 |
[06:07] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:08] | Emery, you look bored. | 埃默里 你看起来很无聊啊 |
[06:09] | – I’m not bored. – yeah, you seem bored. | – 我不无聊啊 – 是 但是看着一副无聊样 |
[06:11] | Come have a seat. | 过来坐吧 |
[06:12] | Eddie’s gonna try and get himself out the door for school | 埃迪要试着不经我的帮助 |
[06:15] | without my help. | 走出家门上学去 |
[06:16] | Look. his homework… | 看 他的作业 |
[06:18] | – nowhere near his backpack. – hmm. | – 在他的书包千里之外 – 嗯哼 |
[06:20] | The morning promises to be quite the poop show. | 今天早上 一场乱糟糟大戏要开演咯 |
[06:24] | He’s brushing his teeth in the kitchen? | 他这是在厨房里刷牙? |
[06:30] | Is he gonna spit it in the… | 他这是要把牙膏沫吐到… |
[06:32] | Oh, my god. he swallowed it! | 我的老天 他给咽了! |
[06:35] | Guess that counts as breakfast. | 这就算他吃的早饭了吧 |
[06:36] | Look! unmatched shoes! | 看! 左右脚的鞋不一样! |
[06:39] | He’s doing everything wrong. | 他没一件事做对了的 |
[06:40] | But he’s getting it done. | 但是他都完成了啊 |
[06:42] | Surprised? | 惊讶吧? |
[06:43] | I got up a whole five minutes earlier today. | 我今天可是早起了整整五分钟 |
[06:45] | The sun looked different. | 太阳看起来都不一样了 |
[06:47] | There’s my ride. | 我要出发咯 |
[06:48] | What about your lunch? | 那你午饭怎么解决? |
[06:50] | We’re swinging by Jack in the Box. | 我们顺路去玩偶匣快餐店吃 |
[06:51] | I’m treating Nicole to a breakfast jack | 我要请妮科尔去快餐店吃个早餐 |
[06:53] | for giving me a ride to the honor society pinning tonight. | 作为她今晚带我去荣誉社团典礼的答谢 |
[06:55] | Later, nerds. | 回见 小呆瓜们 |
[07:00] | Aha! I knew it. | 啊! 我知道他哪出问题了 |
[07:01] | He left his homework. | 他把作业落这儿了 |
[07:02] | Later, 10-second-older nerds. | 回见 十秒后的小呆瓜们 |
[07:07] | He really doesn’t need me. | 他真的不需要我 |
[07:09] | Hey, I still need you. | 我还是需要你的 |
[07:11] | Do you want to make me some pancakes or something? | 你想帮我做个薄煎饼什么的吗? |
[07:14] | I’ve hit my limit with you early today. | 你今天早些时候就已经跌破我的忍耐极限了 |
[07:19] | Okay, yeah, got it, nicole. | 好的 知道了妮科尔 |
[07:22] | Y’know, I thought of you the other day… | 你知道 我有一天想起你来 |
[07:24] | Oh, no, no, no. | 没有没有 |
[07:26] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[07:27] | Next time, next time. | 下次 下次再聊 |
[07:28] | We’re all busy. | 咱们都挺忙的嘛 |
[07:50] | Hi, Evan. | 埃文你好啊 |
[07:52] | Are you puttering around your yard? | 你是在院子里闲晃吗? |
[07:54] | I’m just giving things a once-over, like you do. | 我就是大概扫一眼这些东西 跟你一样 |
[07:59] | Sometimes she gets sticky. | 信箱有时候会卡住的 |
[08:01] | What’s going on? | 你是怎么了? |
[08:03] | I used to spend a lot of time helping Eddie, | 我以前总是花好多时间来帮埃迪做事 |
[08:05] | And now I’m not. | 但现在不了 |
[08:08] | Do you think our curb numbers need re-stenciling? | 你觉得我们马路边这个数字需要重新喷刷吗? |
[08:10] | Can you read those? | 你能看清楚吗? |
[08:13] | I know how you feel. | 我明白你的感受 |
[08:15] | I used to do a lot for Marvin, | 我以前也帮马文做很多 |
[08:16] | And then I stopped so I could focus on my pregnancy. | 后来我不那样了 为了集中精力给宝宝 |
[08:19] | It was tough at first. | 一开始很难的 |
[08:21] | Marvin rips open cereal bags like an animal. | 马文跟动物似的把麦片袋子给撕开 |
[08:23] | I mean literally from the side, with his teeth. | 真的是从旁边 用牙扯开 |
[08:25] | Eddie does everything the wrong way, too. | 埃迪也是 什么都做不对 |
[08:28] | This morning, he left the house in unmatched shoes. | 今天早上他穿了两只不一样的鞋走的 |
[08:30] | Marvin drives 12 miles out of his way to go to a dry-cleaner | 马文为了去个干洗店驱车20公里 |
[08:33] | Because he likes to read the phrase of the day on their sign. | 就因为他喜欢读人家牌子上的”每日短语” |
[08:37] | Oh, I know that place. | 啊 我知道那家店 |
[08:38] | When the Monica Lewinsky news broke, | 克林顿和莫妮卡·莱温斯基的性丑闻爆出来的时候 |
[08:40] | They put up the word… | 他们放的单词是 |
[08:40] | 米莉和萨里的 干洗店 裁剪中心 | |
[08:44] | Do you know what might help you? | 你知道什么可能对你有帮助吗? |
[08:45] | A hobby. | 找个兴趣爱好 |
[08:47] | It’s a great distraction. | 它能很大程度上让你抽离开 |
[08:49] | It’s calming to have something mindless | 把你的精力集中起来 |
[08:51] | To focus your energy on. | 做点不动脑子的事 使人平静 |
[08:52] | That’s what eddie was. | 埃迪一直就这样 |
[08:53] | Hohh, up top! | 吼 这就是他的大脑! |
[08:59] | I have always liked yarn work. | 我一直都很喜欢这种纱线作品 |
[09:01] | Oh, I got that on my trip to Chichen Itza. | 这是我去奇琴伊察玩的时候买的 |
[09:04] | Más barato! | 给便宜点吧! |
[09:05] | Más barato! | 给便宜点吧! |
[09:08] | I bargained for it hard. | 我讨价还价费老劲了 |
[09:11] | Then, in Chapter Eight, | 然后 在第八章 |
[09:12] | Sergeant Moretti says to Corporal Turetti… | 莫雷蒂中士问图雷蒂下士说… |
[09:14] | Why are all the cops Italian? | 为什么所有警察都是意大利人呢? |
[09:16] | Because they’re cops. | 因为是警察啊 |
[09:17] | Cops have all different kinds of names and ethnicities. | 警察有各种各样的名字和种族 |
[09:21] | In my unit, we have an officer Pemberton Giles. | 在我的小队里 有个警官叫彭博顿 吉尔斯 |
[09:23] | That name is so long. | 这名字也太长了 |
[09:25] | It would add like nine pages to my book. | 得给我的书增加九页篇幅 |
[09:29] | Oh, no. | 不好了 |
[09:33] | – Hey! – Real police action. | – 嘿! – 真正的警察行动 |
[09:35] | Hey, you! | 喂 你! |
[09:36] | You need to curb your dog. | 你得看好你家狗啊 |
[09:37] | Did you not see the sign? | 没看见标志吗? |
[09:39] | No. sorry. I didn’t. | 没 抱歉 我没看到 |
[09:42] | All right, then. Need a bag? | 那好吧 要个袋吗? |
[09:43] | Thank you, officer. | 谢谢了 警官 |
[09:49] | I’ll throw this away for you. | 我帮你扔了吧 |
[09:52] | Have a great day. | 祝你度过美好的一天 |
[09:52] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[09:55] | You took… the poop. | 你把便便…接过来了 |
[09:58] | Our job is to serve and protect. | 我们的工作就是要提供服务和保护 |
[10:00] | This is the serve part. | 这属于服务部分 |
[10:02] | There’s a sealed receptacle in front of the wells fargo. | 离这儿很远的一口井前有个密封容器 |
[10:05] | I told you, I’m not sitting next to the poop. | 我告诉过你 我可不坐在屎旁边 |
[10:09] | Either the poop is in the front and I am in the back | 要不屎在前 我坐后边 |
[10:11] | Or the poop is in the back and I am in the front. | 要么屎在后 我坐前边 |
[10:16] | Look at him. | 看他 |
[10:17] | So happy. | 那么开心 |
[10:19] | The only thing he loves more than St. Patrick’s day | 比圣帕特里克节更得他宠爱的 |
[10:20] | is Kenny Rogers. | 也就只有肯尼·罗杰斯了 |
[10:22] | How can I tell him he’s been fired by the man he loves | 我怎么能告诉他 在他心爱的这个节日里 |
[10:24] | on the day he loves? | 他被心爱的男人给炒了呢? |
[10:25] | Easy. Don’t tell him. | 很简单 别告诉他就行了 |
[10:27] | We had a saying in the navy… | 我们海军有句话说的好 |
[10:29] | “don’t ruin shore leave.” | “别毁了海员的岸上假期” |
[10:30] | Save it for the sea. | 有啥话 到了海上再说 |
[10:32] | Right. yeah. | 是啊 没错 |
[10:33] | Why ruin his St. Pat’s? | 为啥要毁掉他的圣帕特里克节呢? |
[10:35] | – I’ll tell him tomorrow. – All right. | – 我明天再告诉他 – 可以啊 |
[10:36] | I mean, the man took a taxi here. | 他可是打车来的 |
[10:43] | Oh, pretty. What is it? | 真好看 这是什么? |
[10:46] | It’s a mayan hook rug depicting an ancient game, | 玛雅勾线毯 上面画的是他们以前的一种游戏 |
[10:48] | Similar to soccer, but instead of balls, | 跟足球有点类似 不过踢的不是球 |
[10:50] | People kick around the heads of men. | 他们踢的是人头 |
[10:53] | Oh. Is there a women’s league? | 那时候有女子联盟吗? |
[10:55] | Evan! | 埃文! |
[10:56] | I need that bus schedule and exact | 我要公交车的时刻表和零钱 |
[10:58] | change you’re always putting in | 就是你平时给我的那些 |
[10:59] | Nicole was supposed to drive me | 妮科尔本来应载我去 |
[11:00] | to the honor society ceremony | 荣誉庆典 |
[11:02] | And she never showed. | 但是她没来 |
[11:03] | Mom and dad are off on their work things, | 爸爸妈妈都去工作了 |
[11:05] | And you know I’m not walking. | 而且你知道我不可能走着去的 |
[11:06] | Well, well, well. | 呦 呦 呦 |
[11:08] | look who needs his little brother… | 瞧瞧是谁要小弟帮忙了… |
[11:09] | evan, there is no time | 埃文 没时间了 |
[11:10] | The schedules! | 时刻表! |
[11:13] | Well, well, well. | 呦 呦 呦 |
[11:15] | Look who needs his little brother after all. | 到底是谁最后还是得弟弟帮忙 |
[11:17] | Really? you bought a bus ticket just to gloat? | 真的假的?你买票上车就为了对我幸灾乐祸? |
[11:19] | Of course not. I have a pass. | 怎么可能 我有月票 |
[11:22] | You want me to say I needed your help? | 你想让我说我麻烦你帮我 |
[11:23] | Fine. I needed your help. | 行 我需要你的帮助 |
[11:25] | Thank you! finally! | 不客气! 终于! |
[11:30] | Orlando ear, nose, and throat clinic. | 奥兰多耳鼻咽喉诊所 |
[11:32] | Oh, sorry. I’m not requesting a stop. | 啊不好意思 不是要下车了 |
[11:34] | I’m just celebrating. | 只是庆祝一下 |
[11:35] | Well, me too, kid. | 我也是 小子 |
[11:37] | Every day here is a celebration for me. | 对我来说每天都是个庆典 |
[11:40] | I’m celebrating paying my rent. | 庆祝有钱付房租 |
[11:43] | It’s a damn party in here. | 现在就来狂欢 |
[11:48] | All units, we’ve got a signal 7 on harbor gate circle. | 各单位注意 港门环路有七号事件 |
[11:51] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[11:53] | Someone buy a skirt at the limited | 不会是在有报警器的商店有人买了条裙子 |
[11:54] | And accidentally walk out of the store | 结果不小心标签没拆 |
[11:56] | With the security tag on? | 就出去了 |
[11:58] | It’s a dead body. | 是发现尸体 |
[12:00] | Really? | 真的? |
[12:01] | You can come along, | 你可以跟去 |
[12:02] | But we have to follow procedure to the letter. | 不过得守规矩 |
[12:05] | Once we’re on the scene, | 到现场之后 |
[12:06] | It is imperative that you hang back, | 你必须保持距离 |
[12:07] | Observe, and do not touch anything. | 只能观察 什么都别碰 |
[12:09] | I am ready. | 没问题 |
[12:11] | It seems like a heart attack. | 看起来像是心脏病 |
[12:13] | I’ve been his caretaker for a few years now, | 从几年前起我就是他的护工 |
[12:16] | And it’s been a long time coming. | 到现在已经好久了 |
[12:17] | He was watching “Suddenly Susan” | 他当时在看出乎意料的苏珊 |
[12:19] | And just clutched his arm and went down. | 然后就握紧拳头倒了下去 |
[12:22] | Suddenly. like Susan. | 很出乎意料 跟苏珊一样 |
[12:25] | Oh, his robe opened when he fell. | 他袍子在跌倒的时候开了 |
[12:27] | Do you want me to close it? | 我要帮他穿好吗 |
[12:28] | No, we should leave him as is | 不 让他保持这样 |
[12:29] | Until the coroner bags him. | 到法医把他装走 |
[12:31] | He was laughing at a susan joke | 他离开的时候还在笑 |
[12:33] | When he passed. | 苏珊讲的笑话 |
[12:34] | See the frozen smile on his face? | 看到他脸上凝固的笑容了不 |
[12:37] | Oh the corpse is giving a thumbs-up. | 他还竖起了大拇指 |
[12:40] | Looks like rigor mortis set in. | 看着像是开始尸僵了 |
[12:43] | Yep. | 对 |
[12:44] | Yep, the flesh is starting to purple. | 尸体开始泛青 |
[12:50] | This our body? | 是这个尸体吗? |
[12:56] | Whiskeys for all, on the chestnut! | 一人一杯威士忌 我请! |
[13:01] | Whoa, Matthew, is that a good idea? | 马修 你确定要请? |
[13:03] | It’s a great idea. | 确定 |
[13:04] | I just got off the phone with my wife. | 刚跟我老婆打完电话 |
[13:05] | We’re putting a down payment on a house. | 我们买了房子付好定金 |
[13:07] | What? | 啥? |
[13:08] | It’s time I grow roots in Orlando, | 是时候在奥兰多稳定下来了 |
[13:10] | And I have never made a bad decision on st. pat’s day. | 我在圣帕特里克日做的决定都是对的 |
[13:13] | Marvin, something’s happening here. | 马文 这有点事 |
[13:15] | You want to weigh in? | 要不一起讨论下? |
[13:16] | Shore leave? | 休息下? |
[13:18] | I can’t! | 不行! |
[13:21] | Um… Matthew, we need to talk. | 马修 我们得聊下 |
[13:24] | Kenny Rogers called. | 肯尼罗杰斯打来电话了 |
[13:26] | Did he call to wish me St. Pat’s? | 他是祝我圣帕特里克日快乐? |
[13:27] | No. He did not. | 不 不是 |
[13:29] | Roasters is ling for bankruptcy. | 烧烤坊破产了 |
[13:31] | Kenny has to let you go. | 就只能辞掉你 |
[13:34] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[13:38] | I need a moment. | 让我一静静 |
[13:40] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[14:10] | You think he’ll see that, | 你觉得他能行吗 |
[14:12] | Or should I have tapped him on the shoulder? | 还是我应该拍下他肩膀? |
[14:17] | Dude, what the hell? | 大哥 什么情况 |
[14:19] | “What the hell,” you! | 你才什么情况 |
[14:20] | You were supposed to pick me up at my house. | 你不是应该来我们家接我的嘛 |
[14:22] | No, you were supposed to meet me at the mall. | 不 我们本来应该在商场碰头 |
[14:24] | I-i called and told Evan to tell you. | 我打电话来让埃文告诉你的 |
[14:27] | Nicole, what are you even doing here? | 妮科尔 你来这干什么? |
[14:29] | I’m getting my honor society pin. | 我来拿我的荣誉徽章 |
[14:31] | You’re in the honor society? | 你也在荣誉社团里? |
[14:34] | I thought you were just his ride. | 我还以为你就是载他来 |
[14:35] | My grades skyrocketed since I came out. | 我认真学习之后成就飙升 |
[14:37] | Turns out I was hella distracted. | 原来之前我只是没认真学 |
[14:40] | You didn’t tell me on purpose | 你故意不告诉我 |
[14:42] | So I’d have to come crawling back to you | 这样我就会回来求你给我 |
[14:43] | for the bus schedule. | 公交车时刻表 |
[14:45] | In my defense, | 听我解释 |
[14:46] | I thought she was just dropping you off | 我以为她只是载你一程 |
[14:47] | And you would never find out. | 然后你不会知道的 |
[14:49] | Jerk move, little bro. | 阴险 弟弟 |
[14:55] | I can’t believe eddie wanted to walk home. | 不敢相信埃迪要走回家 |
[14:57] | He hates walking. | 他讨厌走路 |
[14:58] | I guess he hates you more right now. | 我觉得他现在更讨厌你 |
[15:00] | Clever. Somebody earned that pin. | 机智 不愧是有徽章的人 |
[15:03] | Thank you for the ride. | 谢谢你载我回来 |
[15:04] | It’s very smooth for a car made of plastic. | 就塑料材料制成的车而言真的平稳 |
[15:07] | What’s your car made out of? | 不然你的车什么材料? |
[15:10] | It’s smooth because eddie reminded me | 平稳是因为埃迪提醒我 |
[15:11] | to get my oil changed. | 去换油 |
[15:12] | What? no way. | 什么?怎么可能 |
[15:14] | The saturn is where we talk when things get real, | 在土星车里我们只能说真话 |
[15:17] | And he said he wanted to make sure | 他说他就是想确保 |
[15:18] | Our safe space stayed safe. | 安全空间真的安全 |
[15:21] | I think you’ve been underestimating him. | 我觉你是小看他了 |
[15:30] | The carnation, | 康乃馨 |
[15:31] | Known throughout history as the “I’m sorry” flower. | 从古至今花语都是对不起 |
[15:34] | Don’t wanna hear it. | 不想听 |
[15:38] | Oh. “I’m sorry” flowers. | 道歉花 |
[15:40] | What did you do? | 你做了啥? |
[15:43] | I’m so embarrassed. | 我太失态了 |
[15:45] | I’ve seen bodies before, at funerals, | 我之前见过尸体 放在棺材里的 |
[15:47] | But… never in the wild. | 但是 没见过就这么直接倒下的 |
[15:51] | There was no makeup. | 没有化妆 |
[15:53] | He wasn’t in his best suit. | 也没有穿着最好看的衣服 |
[15:54] | He was just lying there in an open robe… | 就躺在那袍子敞开 |
[15:58] | Lying where he fell. | 躺在他倒下去的地方 |
[16:01] | “lying where he fell.” | 躺在他倒下的地方 |
[16:03] | That’s good. I can use that. | 这句不错 之后可以用 |
[16:05] | At least one good thing came out of today. | 至少有一点收获了今天 |
[16:08] | Don’t be so hard on yourself. | 别对自己太苛刻 |
[16:10] | Look, you wanted to learn about cops. | 你不是想要了解警察吗 |
[16:11] | This is it… | 这就是警察的日常 |
[16:13] | Talking it out after a hard shift, | 辛苦的工作结束后轻松的讲出来 |
[16:15] | Being there for each other, being human. | 要时刻为每一个人着想 也有人性 |
[16:18] | Authentic. | 真实 |
[16:21] | You’re all right, Moretti. | 你是对的 莫雷蒂 |
[16:24] | You’re not so bad yourself, Turetti. | 你也不错啊 图雷蒂 |
[16:27] | A call just came in for you two. | 有个报警电话是找你俩的 |
[16:28] | Thanks, pemberton-giles. | 谢谢你 彭伯顿吉尔斯 |
[16:29] | I call shotgun. | 我要坐副驾驶! |
[16:31] | Not the seat in the car… the weapon. | 不是指车上的座位…我说的是武器 |
[16:33] | I want to be ready. | 我想随时做好准备 |
[16:39] | How’s that cabbage taste? | 卷心菜好吃吗 |
[16:41] | “The Gambler” said it right… | 赌徒这首歌里说的真对啊 |
[16:43] | “the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.” | “你最好的期望不过是在睡梦中死去” |
[16:46] | I had no idea that song got so dark. | 我才知道这首歌原来这么黑暗 |
[16:49] | I always thought it was a happy poker song. | 一直以为它只是首欢乐的扑克金曲呢 |
[16:51] | No happy songs take place on trains, louis. | 路易斯 欢乐的歌里是不会出现火车的 |
[16:53] | What about “chattanooga too choo”? | 那查塔努加查塔努加酷酷呢? |
[16:55] | That’s true. | 那倒也是 |
[16:56] | I can’t even talk about trains right. | 我现在连火车都说不对 |
[16:58] | Listen, you don’t have to pray for death | 你现在不用祈祷 |
[17:01] | To find you in the night. | 死神会在晚上找上门 |
[17:02] | You’ve turned out to be a loyal friend | 你现在算是我忠诚的朋友 |
[17:03] | And a hell of a good guy. | 跟同甘共苦的好兄弟 |
[17:06] | If you want it, there will always be a job for you | 只要你想留下 我永远都会给你提供一份工作的 |
[17:08] | Here at cattleman’s ranch. | 就在牧场主餐厅 |
[17:12] | Buddy/new boss… | 老哥/新老板 |
[17:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:21] | Noise complaint came into the precinct, | 辖区里有人报警这里噪音过大 |
[17:23] | And it looks like this establishment is way over capacity. | 而且看起来人数已经严重超出了这里的承载量啊 |
[17:27] | Officer, what’s happening? | 警官 发生什么了? |
[17:30] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[17:31] | Like I said on the phone, we’re almost out of stout, | 就跟我在电话里讲的一样 我这的爱尔兰黑啤马上要卖空了 |
[17:33] | And i’m afraid these people will riot. | 我担心这些人会生气 |
[17:35] | Everybody out, | 所有人都出去 |
[17:37] | Or i’ll cite you all for drunk and disorderly. | 否则我会以酗酒跟扰乱公共治安传讯你们的 |
[17:39] | You first, Conan O’Brien. | 你第一个 柯南奥布莱恩 |
[17:42] | Well, you heard the man. sorry, folks. | 大家都听到警察说的了吗 今天真的很抱歉了 |
[17:45] | Uh, take a shamrock and bring it back | 带走一片三叶草 |
[17:46] | For 10% off ribs on your next visit. | 下次带上来的话会给大家点的肋排九折优惠的 |
[17:48] | D-don’t listen to him. he’s drunk. | 别听他瞎说 他醉了 |
[17:50] | No discounts on the ribs. | 肋排没有折扣 |
[17:55] | The fuzz. | 警察! |
[17:57] | Hide, louis! hide! | 藏起来 路易斯 藏起来 |
[18:03] | Okay, pass your homework forward, | 大家把作业交上来 |
[18:05] | And then we’ll dig in to Dickens. | 这节课我们要开始深挖狄更斯了 |
[18:11] | My homework. I… I forgot it. | 我的作业呢? 我居然没带 |
[18:20] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[18:21] | I’ve been so focused on Eddie, I forgot about myself. | 我只顾着关注埃迪了 居然忘记自己了 |
[18:25] | What up, ms. d.? | 你好呀蒂老师 |
[18:27] | Huang in the house! | 黄来了! |
[18:29] | Did you get your march madness bracket | 你把你做的疯狂三月预测表 |
[18:30] | Turned in to Mr. Carlson yet? | 交给卡尔森先生了吗? |
[18:32] | I saw you took unlv to go all the way. | 我看到你全押在内华达大学队上了 |
[18:35] | Bold. | 勇气可嘉 |
[18:36] | Can I borrow my little bro for five? | 可以占用我弟弟五分钟时间吗? |
[18:38] | Five? No one talks for five. | 才五分钟?五分钟哪够 |
[18:39] | He’s your blood. take 10. | 你俩可是血浓于水啊 给你十分钟 |
[18:45] | You forgot something this morning. | 你早上忘记带这个了 |
[18:47] | My essay! | 我的论文! |
[18:48] | I had to go back home because I forgot my wallet. | 因为我忘带钱包了所以回了趟家 |
[18:51] | Actually, I forgot my whole book bag. | 其实 我书包都忘带了 |
[18:53] | Full disclosure… I was wearing my swimsuit. | 实话告诉你吧 我其实穿着泳衣就出去了 |
[18:55] | I thought it was Saturday. | 我还以为今天是周六 |
[18:56] | And I saw it on the coffee table. | 然后我就在咖啡桌上看到你的论文了 |
[18:58] | You did this for me? | 你居然为我做了这些? |
[18:59] | But i’ve been such a jerk to you. | 但这几天我简直像个混蛋一样对你啊 |
[19:01] | I’m still mad, | 我还是很气的 |
[19:02] | But I know how important homework is to you. | 但是我知道作业对你有多重要 |
[19:05] | I want to visit you at Stanford, not Georgia Tech. | 我想去斯坦福看你 而不是在佐治亚理工见到你 |
[19:09] | But what about your school? | 但是你的课呢? |
[19:11] | Turns out honor society students | 事实证明荣誉学生 |
[19:12] | can roll in L.A. | 即使在洛杉矶也可以点名 |
[19:14] | Because the monitor trusts them. | 因为班长相信他们 |
[19:15] | If i’d known, | 早知道可以这样 |
[19:16] | I would have gotten one of these years ago. | 我前几年就应该得一个了 |
[19:20] | I’m sorry I underestimated you. | 很抱歉之前小看你了 |
[19:22] | I guess I liked knowing you depended on me. | 我只是喜欢你依赖着我 |
[19:25] | I’ve grown up. | 我已经成长了 |
[19:28] | I know it’s hard, little brother, | 我知道改变很难 弟弟 |
[19:29] | But it’s time. | 但是是时候了 |
[19:31] | You need to let me go. | 你需要放手了 |
[19:33] | Guess I do. | 我应该会的 |
[19:35] | But you were right about one thing… | 但是有一件事你做的很对 |
[19:37] | I owe you a thank-you for the honor society. | 我能获得荣誉学生首先要感谢你 |
[19:40] | Every good habit I have, | 我拥有的每一个好习惯 |
[19:41] | I learned from watching you. | 都是从你那学来的 |
[19:44] | As Marcus Aurelius said, | 就像马克奥勒留说的 |
[19:46] | “waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. | “不要浪费更多的时间来争论好人应该做什么 |
[19:50] | Be one.” | 还是做个好人吧” |
[19:53] | You get that from the dry-cleaner’s sign? | 这话你是从干洗店的牌子上看到的? |
[19:54] | From Marvin, who got it from the dry-cleaner’s sign. | 是从马文那听到的 他在干洗店看到的 |
[20:03] | Good. you’re all here. | 大家都在啊 |
[20:07] | I’ve revised my book, | 我刚修改了我的书 |
[20:08] | And I’m sending the new pages to vera. | 而且把新内容发给薇拉了 |
[20:10] | “Jennifer Hong spots the cold, dead corpse | “詹妮弗洪驻足在已经冷却的 |
[20:13] | Spilling out of its open bathrobe. | 身上浴袍完全敞开的尸体前 |
[20:16] | Unafraid to show her humanity, she vomits. | 毫无畏惧的展示出了人之本性 她吐了 |
[20:20] | Captain Pemberton-Giles smiles. | 副巡长彭伯顿 吉尔斯笑了 |
[20:22] | ‘that’s why she’s the best. | 她之所以如此优秀 |
[20:24] | She hasn’t forgotten how to feel.'” | 是因为她不忘初心” |
[20:28] | It’s good. | 还挺好的 |
[20:29] | Oh, I also revised my author bio. | 我还改了我的作者简介 |
[20:32] | “jessica huang… | 杰西卡黄 |
[20:33] | Wife, mother, | 妻子 母亲 |
[20:35] | has seen a dead body.” | 见过真正的尸体 |
[20:40] | Morning, all! | 大家早上好啊! |
[20:41] | Slept through literally all of yesterday, | 昨天几乎睡了整整一天 |
[20:43] | But today I am feeling f-i-n-e fine. | 今天感觉简直非常棒啊 |
[20:46] | It’s so odd… I haven’t heard from Kenny in a while. | 但是很奇怪啊 肯尼好久没联系过我了 |
[20:49] | He usually calls me to wish me a happy St. Pat’s. | 他通常会祝我圣帕特里克节快乐的呢 |
[20:51] | Uh, Matthew, | 马修 |
[20:53] | How much do you remember from st. patrick’s day? | 关于圣帕特里克节那天你还记得多少? |
[20:55] | I remember coming to work in a taxi | 我记得我是坐出租车来上班的 |
[20:57] | And dancing a jig | 跳了吉格舞 |
[20:59] | And trading hats with mark the bear, | 还跟店里的熊仔交换了帽子 |
[21:00] | And after that, | 但那之后 |
[21:02] | Um… | 呃… |
[21:05] | It’s blur city, man. | 就很模糊了 |
[21:08] | Um, sit down. | 咱俩先坐下吧 |
[21:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:13] | I have to tell you something… again. | 我不得不再次告诉你一件事 |
[21:16] | Uh, but before I start, | 但是在我开始讲之前 |
[21:17] | Just know there is a happy ending. | 先告诉你结局是好的 |
[21:19] | Oh, I already know I got a tattoo there, | 我已经知道我纹身了 |
[21:20] | And I’m okay with it. | 我觉得没事 |