时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You got a baby coming. A car seat just won’t fit. | 你的宝宝就快出生了 这辆车里是放不下婴儿椅的 |
[00:06] | We tried it on the turnpike with a watermelon. | 我们在收费公路上用西瓜试过了 |
[00:08] | If it’s okay, Lou, I’d like a few moments alone with her. | 阿路 |
[00:12] | ** | 如果可以的话 让我和她单独待会儿吧 |
[00:16] | [ Whistles ] | |
[00:18] | That’s a 30-footer. | 这得有9米吧 |
[00:20] | 35. | 快11米了 我是卡尔文 |
[00:22] | Calvin, General Manager of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Motors. | 卡里姆阿卜杜勒-贾巴尔车行的 总经理 |
[00:25] | Oh, I get it. [ Chuckles ] Like the NBA legend. | 我懂了 和NBA传奇人物同名 |
[00:28] | You guys are just copying Shaq Motors across town. | 你们是在抄袭镇上的沙克车行呢 |
[00:31] | No, no. He’s copying me. | 不 是他在抄袭我 |
[00:33] | [ Gasps ] | |
[00:34] | Always has. | 他一直这样 卡里姆车行 |
[00:37] | I’m a Laker center. He’s a Laker center. | 我是湖人队的中锋 他也是湖人队的中锋 |
[00:40] | I buy a car lot. He buys a car lot. | 我买个车行 他也跟着买个车行 |
[00:43] | I star in a movie. | 我去演部电影 |
[00:45] | He stars in…”Shazam.” | 他跑去演…《魔鬼也疯狂》 |
[00:48] | It was “Kazaam.” | 是《精灵也疯狂》 |
[00:50] | I got this, Melvin. | 我知道 梅尔文 |
[00:52] | [ Whispering ] It’s Calvin. | 我叫卡尔文 |
[00:53] | Kareem, I didn’t know you owned a car lot. | 卡里姆 我都不知道你还有个车行 |
[00:54] | I come down here every so often | 我只是偶尔来一次 |
[00:56] | to make sure things are going right. | 看看是否一切都顺利 |
[00:57] | Oh, yeah. It’s a real morale boost | 对那些一年在这里工作 360天的人来说 |
[00:59] | for those that work here the other 360 days a year. | 真是鼓舞人心呢 |
[01:02] | Morale was boosted pretty high when I dropped those 50 skyhooks | 我在你的男女同校联赛上 |
[01:05] | on your co-ed recreation-league game. | “天勾”50次的时候 我看你们确实挺受鼓舞的啊 |
[01:07] | Still didn’t play no defense. | 但你的防守没有打好 |
[01:10] | So, you interested in this RV? | 所以你对这个房车感兴趣吗? |
[01:11] | Oh. Oh, no. I’m just, uh, | 不 |
[01:13] | helping my friend trade in his car. | 我只是来陪朋友换车的 |
[01:16] | Long may you run, Cherry. | 希望你走得更远 谢莉 |
[01:19] | Long may you run. | 愿你走得更远 |
[01:21] | [ Smooches ] | |
[01:24] | Well, look, why don’t we just go for a test drive? | 要不要试驾一下? |
[01:26] | [ Sighs ] I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[01:33] | Kareem: All the comforts of home, | 在这里 你能找到家的舒适感 |
[01:34] | except your address is Adventure, USA. | 只不过地址变成了“美国历险” |
[01:37] | I have always wanted to take the family out on the pavement, | 我一直想带家人们去公路旅游 |
[01:40] | road-trip it like one of those families on TV. | 就像那些在电视上的家庭一样 |
[01:42] | Close your eyes, Louis. | 路易斯 闭上眼睛 |
[01:44] | Turn the keys. Embark. | 转钥匙 开始吧 |
[01:48] | [ “Full House” theme song plays ] | |
[01:51] | * Everywhere you look | 黄艾文-黄艾默利 |
[01:52] | * Everywhere you go * There’s a heart * There’s a heart * A hand to hold onto | 黄艾文-黄艾默利 |
[01:58] | * Everywhere you look * Everywhere you go * There’s a face of somebody who needs you * | 黄艾迪 |
[02:06] | * Everywhere you look * When you’re lost out there | 黄洁西卡 |
[02:10] | * And you’re all alone * A light is waiting to carry you home * * Everywhere you look | 黄奶奶 |
[02:22] | * Everywhere you look * Shoo-ba-doo-ba-baba-dow | 黄路易斯隆重登场 |
[02:28] | The Huangs across America. | 《黄氏家族横穿美国》 |
[02:31] | So, cash? Or how does this work? | 你准备付现金吗?还是其他方式? |
[02:33] | Louis! | 路易斯 |
[02:35] | Honey’s in labor! Sh– Hey. | 哈妮要生了 |
[02:38] | The co-pilot from “Airplane.” | 她… 《空前绝后满天飞》里的副驾驶! |
[02:40] | C-Come on! We gotta go! | 快点!我们得走了! |
[02:43] | This close to a sale. | 就差这么一点就卖出去了! |
[02:45] | — Captions by VITAC — | |
[02:48] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[02:49] | * I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go * | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[02:51] | * If you don’t know, homey, now you know * | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[02:53] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[02:54] | * Homey, you don’t know where I come from * | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[02:57] | * But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 《初来乍到》 |
[02:58] | * I’m fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[03:01] | ** | 棕榈医疗中心 |
[03:05] | Can you believe it? Our baby boy came out a girl. | 你们敢相信吗? 原来是个女孩 |
[03:07] | [ Chuckles ] What a show. | 真是大乌龙 |
[03:09] | It doesn’t happen much, | 这挺少见的 |
[03:11] | but the technician misread the sonogram. | 那个技术员把声波图给看错了 |
[03:13] | And what we thought was his deedle-doo | 我们之前以为是他的小弟弟的部位 |
[03:14] | was actually a thing-a-ma-which. [ Chuckles ] | 其实是另外一个地方啦 |
[03:16] | Umbilical cord. Yeah. | -脐带 -对 |
[03:17] | So, now we need a girl’s name. | 所以 现在我们需要想一个 女孩的名字了 |
[03:19] | Did you already have a boy name picked out? | 你们有想好男孩的名字吗? |
[03:21] | Well, Marvin insisted on a nautical theme, | 马尔文坚持要走水手风 |
[03:24] | so we were down to two — Jonah and… | 所以我们想了两个 |
[03:26] | Ishmael. | -乔纳和… -伊什梅尔 |
[03:28] | So a happy miracle, indeed. | 真是个快乐的奇迹 |
[03:29] | [ Chuckles ] And just think, your baby’s due tomorrow. | 还有一件喜事 你的“宝宝” 明天也要出生了 |
[03:33] | Your book — “A Case of a Knife to the Brain.” | 你的书《刀在脑中事件》 |
[03:35] | Oh, gosh. [ Sighs ] Already? I almost forgot. | 哦对 天啊 这么快吗?我都给忘了 |
[03:39] | You did send birth announcements to the entire HOA. | 你给整个屋主协会都发了 “出生”公告好吗 |
[03:42] | Oh, that was a joke. [ Chuckles ] | 好吧 我开玩笑的 |
[03:44] | Of course I don’t think my book is an actual baby… | 我当然没觉得我的书真的是个宝宝啦 |
[03:47] | though I did spend more than nine months on it. | 虽然我确实花了超过九个月的时间 |
[03:49] | What did you mean by “deedle-doo”? | 你说的“小弟弟”到底是什么意思? |
[03:54] | [ Emergency brake engages ] | 你刚出生的妹妹… |
[03:54] | So, about your baby sister — | 你刚出生的妹妹… |
[03:56] | No, we’re not naming her “Jamiroquai.” | -我们不会给她取名叫杰米罗奎的 -好吧 |
[03:59] | Alright. We’ll circle back to this in a week | 我们一周以后再聊这个吧 |
[04:01] | when you’re not so close to it. | 等你冷静点 |
[04:02] | Yeah, about that. | 好吧 还有一件事… |
[04:04] | We need to have a talk. | 我们需要聊聊 |
[04:06] | A Saturn talk. | 土星谈话 |
[04:07] | Whoa. | |
[04:09] | [ Sunroof closes ] | |
[04:11] | Saturn secure. | 土星安全 |
[04:12] | What happens in here stays in here. | 车里发生的就留在车里 |
[04:14] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[04:17] | I’m moving to New York with my mom, and I got into this school that teaches fashion, | 我要和我妈搬去纽约了 我被一个时尚院校录取了 |
[04:20] | and I don’t think I can pass it up. | 我不能放弃这个机会 |
[04:23] | [ Sighs ] Sorry. I know this sucks. | 对不起 我知道这让人很难受 |
[04:26] | That’s… | 这太棒了! |
[04:28] | awesome! | |
[04:29] | It is? | -是吗? -是啊! |
[04:30] | Totally! New York City? | 纽约?你可以在公园闲躺着 |
[04:32] | You can chill out in the park, order pizzas at 3:00 a.m., | 还可以在凌晨三点点披萨 |
[04:35] | and Beastie Boys songs will make a lot more sense now. | 野兽男孩的歌就更好懂了 |
[04:38] | Why is there no sleep till Brooklyn? | 为什么不到布鲁克林不睡觉? |
[04:39] | Well, you’re about to find out. | 你马上就会知道为什么啦 |
[04:41] | Wow. I thought this talk | 我还以为这场对话会很困难呢 |
[04:42] | was gonna be a whole lot tougher. | |
[04:44] | Please. You know me better than that. | 别这么说 你挺了解的我啊 |
[04:46] | What? Did you think I was gonna start crying or something? | 怎么啊?难道你以为我会哭吗? |
[04:49] | [ Fakes crying, laughs ] | |
[04:54] | * Happy Book Day to you | 祝你的书出生快乐 |
[04:57] | * Happy Book Day to you | 祝你的书出生快乐 |
[04:58] | * Happy — | 快乐… |
[05:00] | I have a reading for my novel today, | 今天我有一个关于我的小说的 读书分享会 |
[05:01] | and I need to decide on a passage. | 我需要选择其中一段 |
[05:05] | “Snap! And suddenly the only sound was the rope, | “啪的一声 突然只剩下” |
[05:08] | creaking under his weight and the fading pendulum scrape | “被他压住的绳子发出的吱吱声” “和越来越小的 来自他的钢头靴 |
[05:12] | of his steel-toe boots against the hickory planks.” | “和山核桃木板之间的摩擦声” |
[05:15] | Powerful. | 太震撼了 |
[05:17] | Do you like that passage | 你喜欢这段 |
[05:18] | or the one where they find the paperboy’s bloody bike? | 还是他们找到 纸男孩沾满血的自行车那段? |
[05:21] | Hmm, tough call. They’re both great. [ Chuckles ] | 很难说 两段都非常棒 |
[05:23] | Uh, where is this reading? | 这个分享会在哪里? |
[05:24] | The bookstore. | 书店 |
[05:26] | My publisher thinks it might help boost sales, | 我的出版方觉得这样会提高销量 |
[05:28] | which could lead to TV spots, a book tour…maybe even Oprah. | 也许还会让我上电视 巡回签售 甚至可能上奥普拉的秀呢 |
[05:31] | [ Gasps ] The Big “O.” | 那个大奥 |
[05:34] | [ Chuckles ] I-I mean, “big” like a star. | 我的意思是 名气很大的“大” |
[05:36] | She actually looks great now. | 她现在挺好看的 |
[05:37] | And she did before, too. | 她以前也挺好看的 |
[05:39] | [ Clears throat ] Um, this is great. | 太好了 |
[05:41] | Uh, I’ll get the boys, and we’ll all go to the reading. | 我去叫孩子们 我们一起去吧 |
[05:43] | But it’s my job. | 但是这是我的工作 |
[05:45] | I don’t go to the restaurant and stare at you. | 我不会去餐馆盯着你工作 |
[05:47] | Remember? | 记得吗?我们发现 |
[05:48] | We found that it didn’t improve your productivity. | 那样并不能提高你的效率 |
[05:50] | But this is your big day, and it’ll be good for the boys. | 但这对于你来说是很重要的一天 对孩子们也很好啊 |
[05:52] | They learn by watching us, and they should see how your hard work pays off. | 耳濡目染对他们有帮助 而且他们应该看看 你的努力得到了回报 |
[05:55] | You would just be taking up space from actual book-buyers. | 你们只会占了真的要买书的人的位置 |
[05:59] | Plus, if I want to read the graphic sex scenes, | 而且 如果我想读一段 很生动的性爱描述 |
[06:01] | I need to feel comfortable doing all the sound effects. | 我需要自在地读出那些声音效果 |
[06:03] | ** | 《所以你想成为心理学家吗?》 |
[06:09] | “So You Wanna Be a Psychiatrist”? | “所以你想成为心理学家吗?” |
[06:11] | You know how I plan to become Doctor President. | 你知道我打算成为主任医生的 |
[06:13] | Well, I always assumed I’d be a surgeon. | 我以前认为我会成为一个外科医生 |
[06:15] | The respect… | 得到人们的尊敬… |
[06:16] | The mastery of fine motor skills… | 精细动作技能大师… |
[06:17] | The ladies. | 还有女士们的欣赏 |
[06:19] | But after spending three hours in the hospital | 但是在医院呆了三小时 |
[06:21] | visiting Honey’s baby, | 看哈妮的宝宝之后 |
[06:23] | I don’t think I can stand the smell. | 我觉得我受不了那个味道 |
[06:24] | Can you mail a hot dog? | 热狗能被邮寄吗? |
[06:27] | I’m making a list of stuff I want Nicole to send me from New York — | 我在想让妮可给我从纽约寄东西 我正在列一个清单 |
[06:29] | a Statue of Liberty lighter, | 一个自由女神像的打火机 |
[06:31] | whatever a knish is, a bullet. | 什么克尼什馅饼 一颗子弹… |
[06:33] | Any ideas for her going-away gift? | 你想好给她什么送别礼物了吗? |
[06:35] | I’m always game to power-browse Things Remembered at the mall. | 我很喜欢逛商场里的纪念品店 |
[06:38] | Why would I get her a gift? | 为什么我要送她礼物? |
[06:39] | Because she’s your friend. | 因为她是你的朋友 |
[06:41] | I have tons of friends. | 我有很多朋友 |
[06:43] | I’m not trying to dole out prizes | 我不可能每次有人要离开的时候 |
[06:44] | every time one of them skips town. | 就给他们颁个奖 |
[06:45] | But Nicole is different. | 但妮可不一样 |
[06:47] | Oh, because she’s a chick? | 因为她是个女孩? |
[06:49] | That’s sexist, homey. | 兄弟 这可是性别歧视 |
[06:50] | No, I mean, you two are so close. | 不 我的意思是你们俩很亲近 |
[06:53] | Aren’t you sad she’s moving? | 难道你不会因为她搬走而伤心吗? |
[06:54] | Sad? Pfft. | 伤心?她只是去上学而已 |
[06:55] | She’s only leaving for school, | |
[06:57] | and she’ll be back on the holidays and stuff. | 她节假日都会回来啊 |
[06:59] | Guys, it’s not a big deal. | 朋友们 |
[07:01] | ** | 真的没什么 |
[07:03] | “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.” | “女人的确抱怨得太多” |
[07:05] | Uh, can we stay on Eddie for a second? | 莎士比亚《哈姆雷特》 我们可以再聊聊艾迪吗? |
[07:08] | I think he’s pretending he doesn’t care Nicole is leaving. | 我觉得他在假装 他不在意妮可要离开的事 |
[07:10] | Yeah, that’s what I — | 是啊 我也是这么… |
[07:12] | He’s in denial. I read about this in my book. | 他现在处于否认阶段 我在这本书里有读到 |
[07:15] | He needs to admit he’s sad and talk about his feelings. | 他需要承认他是伤心的 然后谈谈他的感受 |
[07:17] | Or he might dissociate completely | 否则他可能会处于 完全的自我封闭当中 |
[07:19] | and chop us all up in our sleep. | 然后在我们睡觉的时候把我们都剁了 |
[07:21] | That’s an extreme example in here, but it does happen. | 这是个比较极端的例子 但是有时候也会发生 |
[07:24] | Boys, get ready. We’re gonna surprise Mom at her reading. | 孩子们 准备一下 我们要去妈妈的分享会给她一个惊喜 |
[07:28] | We’re going to the bookstore. | 我们要去书店 |
[07:29] | Hallelujah! | -哈利路亚 |
[07:30] | Get ready to feast, brain! | -小脑袋 准备好狂欢吧 |
[07:32] | [ Indistinct conversations ] | 书天下 |
[07:35] | Wow, look at this line. | 看看这个队伍 |
[07:36] | It’s like Mommy is Space Mountain. | 妈妈就像太空山一样热门 |
[07:38] | Sorry. We’re not letting anyone else in today. | 不好意思 我们今天不再接受入场了 |
[07:41] | Fire code. | 人已经满了 |
[07:43] | We’ll have plenty of books tomorrow. | 明天还会有很多书 |
[07:44] | [ Crowd groans ] | |
[07:45] | You know what? That’s fine. | 没事的 |
[07:47] | She’s doing it, boys. | 孩子们 她忙着呢 |
[07:48] | We’ll just surprise her back home. | 我们可以回家再给她惊喜 |
[07:51] | You made me put on my dress shorts. | 我的正装裤白穿了 |
[07:54] | [ Excited, indistinct chatter ] | JK罗琳《哈利波特与魔法石》 |
[08:02] | ** | 我在读第一页 黄洁西卡《刀在脑中事件》 |
[08:07] | I’m a failure. | 我好失败 |
[08:15] | ** | |
[08:19] | Hey, Jessica. | 嗨 洁西卡 |
[08:21] | We know what happened at the reading. | 我们知道分享会上发生了什么 |
[08:23] | You do? | 你们知道吗? |
[08:24] | We went there to surprise you. | 我们本想去那里给你个惊喜 |
[08:26] | Look, it isn’t easy to say, but I — | 听着 这不太容易说出口 但是我… |
[08:29] | Absolutely killed it! [ Chuckles ] | 干得漂亮! |
[08:31] | It was so crowded we couldn’t even get in. | 有很多人在排队 我们都进不去 |
[08:33] | We were so excited, we made you… | 我们太激动了 所以给你做了… |
[08:36] | A case of a knife to the brain. | 刀在脑中事件 |
[08:39] | Cake! | 蛋糕 |
[08:40] | A cake of a knife to the brain! | 刀在脑中事件蛋糕 |
[08:42] | One line, Ma. | 就一句台词还说不对 |
[08:45] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[08:47] | Well, tell us all about it. | 给我们讲讲吧 |
[08:48] | ** | |
[08:53] | What can I say? The book is a hit. | 我还能说什么呢?这本书太受欢迎了 |
[08:55] | -Alright! -Yes, Mom! | -太好了! -真棒 妈妈! |
[08:57] | But it’s not a big deal. | 但这没什么 |
[08:58] | You’re right. It is a very big deal. | 不 这是非常重要的事 |
[09:00] | Boys, your mother’s hard work has led to this great success. | 孩子们 妈妈的努力 获得了这么大的成功 |
[09:03] | How big a hit are we talking? Are we rich? | 具体有多受欢迎? |
[09:06] | Can we get a pet puma?! | 我们变成富人了吗? 那我们可以养一只美洲狮吗? |
[09:07] | Let’s just say the store | 这样说吧 |
[09:09] | has never sold as many copies on a first day. | 那间书店从来没有在新书 销售第一天卖出过那么多本 |
[09:11] | [ Chuckles ] So, a-a book tour? TV interviews? | 所以 巡回签售和电视采访都会有了 |
[09:14] | [ Gasps ] Oh, my God. Is Regis on the table? | 我的天啊 所以雷吉斯也会在? |
[09:16] | I don’t want to jinx it, | 我不想提前告诉你们 |
[09:18] | so just don’t go crazy spending money. | 但别花太多钱 |
[09:20] | Yeah, nobody “MC Hammer” this thing. | 好啊 |
[09:23] | ** | 大家不要到处说 |
[09:26] | The river on the east side is the East River, | 在东边的河叫做东河 |
[09:28] | but the river on the west is the Hudson? | 但是在西边的河叫做哈得逊? |
[09:31] | Good luck, Nicole. | 祝你好运 妮可 |
[09:32] | At least he’s thinking about her. | 至少他在想她 |
[09:34] | That’s good, right? | 这是好事 对吧? |
[09:35] | I’m afraid not. It’s classic sublimation. | 不是 这是典型的升华作用 |
[09:38] | His denial has turned into productivity. | 他的否认已经变成了生产力 |
[09:40] | He’s losing his sense of self. | 他已经失去了自我 |
[09:42] | When has Eddie ever researched for pleasure? | 艾迪什么时候以研究为乐过? |
[09:44] | My God. | 我的天 |
[09:45] | He needs to face his feelings soon, | 他需要尽快面对他的感受 |
[09:47] | or when it finally hits him, he’ll lash out at someone. | 要不然等他意识到的时候 他就会发泄在某个人身上 |
[09:50] | Chop. Chop. | 我们得抓紧了 |
[09:52] | [ Breathes deeply ] | |
[09:53] | Hey, dawg. | 嗨 兄弟 |
[09:56] | Evan and I were just talking about Nicole. | 艾默利和我刚在聊妮可 |
[09:59] | Your best friend who’s moving away. | 你即将要搬走的最好的朋友 |
[10:01] | You two sure have had some great times together. | 你们俩肯定有过很多快乐时光吧 |
[10:03] | Mm. | |
[10:04] | * Back in the days when I was young, I’m not a kid anymore * | |
[10:08] | * But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again * | |
[10:11] | * Back in the days when I was young, I’m not a kid anymore * | |
[10:14] | * But some days I sit and wish I was a kid again * [ Eddie screams ] | |
[10:16] | * And everybody say * I remember way back when | |
[10:19] | * And everybody say * I remember way back when | |
[10:22] | * And everybody say * I remember way back when | |
[10:25] | * What? * Back in the day | |
[10:26] | * When? * Back in the day | |
[10:28] | Yeah, we have had some great times. | 是啊 我们确实有过很多快乐时光 |
[10:32] | Thanks for reminding me, guys. | 兄弟们 谢谢你们提醒我 |
[10:34] | There’s so much stuff I have to get out of her car before she goes — | 在她走之前 我还得去她车上 拿走我的东西 |
[10:36] | my CD Player, Bootyman hat, | 我的播放器 翘臀帽 |
[10:39] | drive-thru window gorilla mask. | 开车点餐时用来吓人的大猩猩面具 |
[10:41] | For our door — padlock or dead bolt? | 看来我们真的要给卧室的门上锁了 |
[10:43] | [ Sighs ] | |
[10:44] | [ Birds chirping ] | |
[10:48] | Louis! What did I tell you about spending money? | 路易斯 我不是和你说了 不要随便花钱吗? |
[10:50] | There isn’t even enough room in the pantry for all of this. | 食品储藏间根本就放不下这么多东西 |
[10:53] | True. But there is room… | 也是 但是这里… |
[10:56] | in here. | 能放得下 |
[10:58] | [ Horn honks “Full House” theme ] | |
[11:00] | What…is…this? | 这是什么? |
[11:04] | It’s a 1998 NationWheeler with all the bells and whistles. | 这是一款1998年的房车 顶尖配置 |
[11:07] | Why is this? | 继续解释? |
[11:08] | Now we can all go on your book tour as a family. | 这样我们就可以一家人一起 陪你去巡回签售了 |
[11:11] | Finally take that road trip across America | 总算可以去我们说了很久的 |
[11:12] | we’ve always talked about. | 横穿美国的公路旅行了 |
[11:14] | We can see the Heartland. | 我们可以去看心灵之地 |
[11:15] | And the regions of the South | 还有曾经被棉子象鼻虫侵蚀的南边 |
[11:16] | once decimated by the boll weevil. | |
[11:18] | How much did this house-truck cost? | 这个房车多少钱? |
[11:20] | I knew that would come up, but don’t worry. | 我知道你会问 但是别担心 |
[11:22] | It’s a business write-off. | 这是生意需要 《刀在脑中事件》 |
[11:22] | ** | 巡回签售 ‘98 黄洁西卡 |
[11:27] | Now as we drive across the land, | 这样当我们开车四处行驶的时候 |
[11:29] | everyone will know best-selling author Jessica Huang is aboard. | 每个人都会知道 畅销书作者黄洁西卡就在这辆车上 |
[11:32] | Is that my driver’s license photo? | 那是我驾照的照片吗? |
[11:35] | Um, so, what do you say? Huangs across America? | 你觉得怎么样?黄氏家族横跨美国 |
[11:38] | ** | |
[11:44] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[11:45] | [ Chuckles ] Yeah. | 太好啦! |
[11:47] | I live here now. | 我现在住在这里了 |
[11:49] | ** | |
[11:53] | I remember packing for the big city around your age. | 我记得以前像你这么大的时候 我也收拾行李要搬去大城市 |
[11:55] | Of course, back then all you needed | 当然了 |
[11:56] | was a bar of soap and your wits. | 以前只需要一块肥皂 和一个聪明的脑子 |
[11:59] | We’re gonna miss you, Nicole. | 我们会想你的 妮可 |
[12:01] | And so will little Maria. | 小玛莉亚也会想你的 |
[12:02] | [ Baby crying in distance ] | |
[12:04] | Ah, sounds like Coral’s stirring. | 听起来像科拉尔在动 |
[12:07] | I’ll go get Coral. | 我去看看科拉尔 |
[12:08] | No, no. Stay. I’ll get Maria. | 不 |
[12:11] | [ Crying continues ] | |
[12:13] | Mm! | 你留下 我去看看玛莉亚 |
[12:15] | [ Door opens, closes ] | |
[12:18] | Hey. Still going to New York, huh? | 嘿 还是要去纽约吗? |
[12:21] | Yeah. I leave tomorrow at 3:00. | 是啊 我明天下午三点出发 |
[12:23] | Phew. I thought I missed you. | 我还以为会错过你出发呢 |
[12:26] | I left a bunch of crap in the Saturn | 我在土星里落了很多东西 |
[12:28] | and wanted to get it back. | 想把它们拿回去 |
[12:30] | Yeah. Here you go. | 好啊 在这里呢 |
[12:33] | Whoa. My old Kris Kross CD! [ Chuckles ] | 我的老克里斯克罗斯光碟 |
[12:36] | I was getting the car ready to sell, | 我打算卖掉这辆车 |
[12:38] | and that was stuck to a Frosty lid. | 所以在清理车里 发现这个东西卡在了冰淇淋盖子上 |
[12:40] | Wait. You’re selling the Saturn? | 等等 你要卖掉土星? |
[12:42] | New York’s way too expensive for a car. | 在纽约开车太贵了 |
[12:44] | That’s why all the cops ride horses. | 所以那里的警察都骑马 |
[12:46] | I’ll take the subway, no big deal. | -我会坐地铁 没事的 |
[12:47] | No big deal? You’re cool with just dumping the Saturn? | -“没事的”? 你就这么心安理得地扔掉土星? |
[12:50] | Who cares about all the good times we had in there? | 我们在里面一起度过的美好时光 你都不在乎了吗? |
[12:53] | And our Saturn talks — I guess those meant nothing to you. | 还有我们的土星谈话 也许那些对你来说毫无意义 |
[12:55] | Now you’re upset? | 你现在伤心了? |
[12:57] | You’re more worked up about the car | 比起我离开 |
[12:58] | than when I said I was leaving! | 你竟然更关心那辆车! |
[12:59] | Well, to be fair, the car isn’t moving to New York | 好吧 公平点说 那辆车不会搬去纽约 |
[13:02] | and totally bailing on me for the rest of high school! | 也不会在高中剩下几年完全抛弃我 |
[13:04] | You know what? Forget it. Have fun in New York! | 你知道吗?算了吧 |
[13:07] | Peace. | 在纽约玩得开心 再见 |
[13:09] | [ Insects chirping ] | |
[13:11] | Aren’t the Cascades enchanting, family? | 家人们 喀斯喀特山脉很漂亮吧? |
[13:14] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[13:15] | No, thank you. | 多亏你了 谢谢你 |
[13:19] | Oh, my God. Is that Bigfoot? | 天啊 那是大脚怪吗? |
[13:21] | Emery, get the camera! | 艾默利 快拿相机 |
[13:24] | Set it to burst mode! | 调到连拍模式 |
[13:26] | [ Scoffs ] Then just bring it here! | 赶紧拿来! |
[13:30] | Louis? | 路易斯? |
[13:31] | Oh, hey. | 嗨 |
[13:33] | I thought you and I could celebrate | 我们可以一起喝杯香槟 |
[13:35] | with some champagne. | 庆祝一下 |
[13:37] | I just want you to take a second to really soak it all in. | 我只是想让你花点时间 |
[13:41] | You did it. | 在成功之后 尽情享受一下! |
[13:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | And you deserve some fun, | 你应该好好玩一玩 |
[13:45] | so tomorrow, I’m buying his-and-her Jet Skis | 明天我去买一辆情侣水上摩托 |
[13:47] | so we can zip around Havasu like a pair of dragonflies. | 这样我们就可以在哈瓦苏湖上 像蜻蜓一样飞驰了 |
[13:50] | They’re not cheap, but neither is happiness. | 它们可不便宜 但幸福也不便宜 |
[13:53] | The book is a flop, Louis! | 路易斯 |
[13:54] | What? | 我的书很失败 你说什么? |
[13:58] | [ Sighs ] It sold less than 100 copies nationwide. | 全国只卖出了100本不到 |
[14:01] | What about that line at the store? | 那书店门口排队的人是在干什么? |
[14:03] | Everyone was there for some other book — “Boy Witch.” | 他们是为了另外一本书在排队 |
[14:06] | Written by a homeless British teacher of all things. | 关于巫师男孩的一本书 那个无家可归的英国老师写的 |
[14:09] | Then why did you say it was a hit? | 那你为什么说你的书很受欢迎? |
[14:11] | Because between you and the cake | 因为你们做了那个蛋糕 |
[14:13] | and Evan’s big saucer eyes going blink, blink, | 还有艾文一眨一眨的大眼睛 |
[14:16] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我没办法 |
[14:19] | I guess people just weren’t ready for your talent. | 我想大家只是还没发现你的才华 |
[14:22] | But, hey, maybe your work will be worth more when you’re dead like Monet. | 但是你的书可能在你死后更值钱 就像莫奈一样 |
[14:28] | [ Sighs ] | |
[14:30] | We’ll have to cancel the road trip. | 我们得取消这个公路旅行 |
[14:33] | But the boys were so excited. | 但是孩子们都非常激动啊 |
[14:35] | But can’t just fake a book tour. | 但是我们总不能假办巡回签售吧 |
[14:38] | Everything will be fine. | 一切都会没事的 |
[14:39] | I’ll return this tomorrow, and then when I get back, | 我明天就去把车还了 等我回来 |
[14:42] | we’ll tell the boys what happened with your book. | 我们再把真相告诉孩子们 |
[14:43] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[14:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:47] | ** | |
[14:50] | [ Door closes ] | |
[14:51] | Good night, Havasu. | 晚安 |
[14:52] | ** | 哈瓦苏湖 |
[14:54] | [ Birds chirping ] | |
[14:56] | Morning, Ma. | 早上好 妈妈 |
[14:58] | I’m returning the RV, so let me know | 我去还房车 如果你有嚼烟藏在座位口袋 |
[15:00] | if you hid any chewing tobacco in the seat pockets. | 赶紧告诉我 洁西卡和孩子们一小时前就去了房车 |
[15:07] | What?! | 什么? |
[15:08] | ** | 妈妈 |
[15:16] | Where’s the first stop on the book tour, Mom? | 巡回签售第一站是哪里啊? |
[15:18] | Uh, Miami. | 迈阿密 |
[15:19] | But we’re going north. | 但我们不是在朝北边走吗 |
[15:21] | It’s a shortcut. | 我们抄近路 |
[15:22] | Huh. Why couldn’t we wait for Dad? | 为什么我们不等一下爸爸呢? |
[15:24] | He’ll join us later. There was an emergency at Cattleman’s Ranch. | 他一会儿就会加入我们 牛仔牧场牛排屋有个急事 |
[15:27] | What happened?! | 怎么了? |
[15:29] | Hector’s earring fell into the chili! | 赫克特的耳环掉进了辣椒酱里 |
[15:30] | Let Mommy focus on the road, please! | 让妈妈集中精力开车好吗! |
[15:34] | Eddie, I was hoping we could really dig in | 艾迪 |
[15:36] | on your childhood today. | 我希望今天 我们可以聊一下你的童年 |
[15:37] | [ Growling ] Go…away! | 走开! |
[15:42] | We’re gonna reschedule. [ Pen clicks ] | 我们得重新计划了 |
[15:45] | Hey, uh, is Kareem here? | 嗨 卡里姆在吗? |
[15:47] | They always ask for Kareem. | 人人都想见卡里姆 |
[15:49] | He’s showing a customer an RV. | 他正在带一位顾客看房车 |
[15:50] | Stupid question, but what does “RV” stand for? | 我想问一个愚蠢的问题 RV是什么意思? |
[15:53] | [ Snores ] | |
[15:55] | [ Quietly ] Oh, sorry, sorry. | 不好意思 先生 |
[15:56] | Did my wife return an RV this morning? | 我的老婆今早来还房车了吗? |
[15:58] | 20-foot ad of an Asian lady on the side? | 上面有个六米长的广告 印着一位亚洲女性的? |
[16:00] | This morning? No. | 今天早上?没有 |
[16:03] | Damn it. She took our kids, | 该死 |
[16:04] | and I have no idea where they went. | 她带走了我们的孩子 我完全不知道他们去哪里了 |
[16:06] | Well, our RVs come standard with LoJack. | 我们的房车是有防偷盗系统的 |
[16:09] | I could get the tracker and help you find them. | 我可以拿追踪器帮你找到他们 |
[16:10] | Oh, great. [ Chuckles ] | 太好了! |
[16:11] | Uh, you and Kareem, right? | 卡里姆也会来吧? |
[16:15] | There it is! | 找到了! |
[16:18] | Another win for Team Kareem. | 卡里姆队再下一城 |
[16:20] | Kareem did it. | 对 是卡里姆找到的 |
[16:22] | Not the computer inside the LoJack. | 不是防偷盗系统里的电脑 |
[16:25] | [ Sighs ] | |
[16:26] | That’s not good. | 大事不妙 |
[16:28] | Don’t worry. All the knives are accounted for. | 别担心 所有的刀都在这里 |
[16:30] | Hey, where’s your mom? | 喂 妈妈呢? |
[16:33] | Doing a reading at the bookstore. | 在书店里做分享会呢 |
[16:35] | ** | |
[16:38] | Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?! Dude, Nicole is gonna flip. | 卡里姆阿卜杜勒-贾巴尔! 妮可肯定会很兴奋 |
[16:41] | She has a poster of you fighting Bruce Lee in her room. | 她房间里有一张 |
[16:45] | Whoa. An RV is no place to be sad. | 你和李小龙打架的海报 房车可不是悲伤的地方 |
[16:49] | My best friend is moving away, and we got in a fight, | 我最好的朋友要搬走了 而我们吵架了 |
[16:50] | but I’m cool. I’m cool. | 但我没事 我真的没事 |
[16:52] | A double “I’m cool”? | 两个“我没事”? |
[16:54] | Let’s not gloss over this. | 看来是有事 |
[16:57] | [ Sighs ] I have three years of high school left, | 我的高中还剩三年 |
[17:00] | and she’s the only friend who really gets me, | 她是唯一一个能懂我的朋友 |
[17:02] | who speaks Eddie. | 会说艾迪那套语言 |
[17:03] | I take it you’re Eddie? | 所以 你是艾迪? |
[17:06] | I get it. It’s hard to say goodbye. | 我理解 说再见确实很难 |
[17:08] | But you’re making this about you. | 但你现在只是在考虑自己 |
[17:10] | You got to realize that it’s hard on her, too. | 你得意识到 这对她而言也很难 |
[17:12] | Why? She’s the one leaving me. | 为什么?她可是走的那个 |
[17:15] | Look, I’m at my car lot five days a year. | 听着 我一年就在这个车行待五天 |
[17:17] | When I leave, my employees are super sad, | 当我走的时候 我的员工们都很伤心 |
[17:20] | but they’re not seeing things from where I stand at 7’2″. | 但他们看不到 我这个两米一八的人看到的东西 |
[17:23] | I have to leave my best friends, K– Ke– Kevin, all of them. | 我得离开我最好的朋友… 凯文…所有人 |
[17:28] | I didn’t even think about that. | 我从来没想过这些 |
[17:30] | Don’t let your best friend leave | 在她走之前 |
[17:32] | without knowing she’s your best friend. | 一定要让她知道 她是你最好的朋友 |
[17:34] | I get it, Kareem. Thanks. | 我懂了 卡里姆 谢谢你 |
[17:38] | I thought for sure that you were gonna use a basketball metaphor. | 我还以为你会用篮球做比喻 |
[17:40] | Well, you know, I’m a man of, uh, many talents. | 我可是有很多天赋的 |
[17:43] | They used to think they had me pinned and then… | 他们以为把我压制住了 然后… |
[17:45] | skyhook. [ Chuckles ] | 我使出了“天勾” |
[17:47] | That’s how you break down a wall. | 这样你就打破了一道心墙 |
[17:50] | [ Scoffs ] He can fly now? | 他竟然还能飞? |
[17:52] | Guess I should’ve given Jennifer Hong | 我应该给洪詹妮弗 |
[17:54] | the ability to defy physics. | 藐视物理的能力 |
[17:55] | Garbage. | 真是垃圾 |
[17:59] | Louis: Jessica? | 洁西卡? |
[18:00] | Why’d you run off with the boys? | 你为什么带着孩子们跑了? |
[18:02] | I stole your idea. | 我偷了你的想法 |
[18:04] | I’m taking them on a fake book tour. | 我要带着他们去 一场假的巡回签售 |
[18:05] | It’s going well. Tomorrow we tackle the Panhandle. | 进行得还不错 明天我们要去 佛罗里达的狭长地带 |
[18:07] | Jessica, what’s going on? | 洁西卡 到底怎么了? |
[18:10] | I don’t want the boys to find out about my book. | 我不想让孩子们知道我的书卖得不好 |
[18:13] | They’ll never respect me again. | 这样他们就再也不会尊敬我了 |
[18:14] | [ Scoffs ] That’s ridiculous. | 荒谬 |
[18:16] | Is it? You said yourself they learn from watching us. | 是吗?你自己说的 他们会耳濡目染 |
[18:20] | If they see my book is a dud, you know what they learn? | 如果他们知道我的书是垃圾 你知道他们会怎么想吗? |
[18:23] | That their mom is a failure. | 他们的妈妈是个废物 |
[18:25] | ** | |
[18:29] | Just because the book didn’t sell | 书卖得不好不代表你是废物 |
[18:31] | doesn’t mean you are a failure, but you can’t hide this. | 但你不能隐瞒这个事实 |
[18:34] | It’s just as important for the boys to see | 你怎么处理失败就和你成功一样 |
[18:36] | how you deal with a loss as it is to see you succeed. | 对孩子们来说都很重要 |
[18:38] | It’s just I’ve never failed like this before in my life. | 只是…我以前好像 从来没有这么失败过 |
[18:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:45] | But I’ve failed hundreds of times, | 我失败过成百上千次 |
[18:47] | and you were always there for me. | 你一直都在我的身边 |
[18:48] | Let me be there for you. | 让我这次也陪在你的身边吧 |
[18:51] | You have failed a lot. | 你确实失败过很多次 |
[18:55] | Building your own dirt bike. | 组装你的越野摩托 |
[18:56] | Beekeeping. | 养蜜蜂 |
[18:58] | Cattleman’s in a cup. Yep. | 杯中牛仔 |
[19:00] | The banjo, “Top Hat” Louis, | -没错 -班卓琴 礼帽路易斯 |
[19:02] | forming your own break-dance crew. | 组建你自己的霹雳舞团 |
[19:03] | Okay, let’s go tell the boys. | 好了 我们去找孩子们吧 |
[19:05] | I’m just gonna finish this chapter. No. | -让我把这章读完 -不行 |
[19:07] | Boys, your mother has something | 孩子们 |
[19:09] | she needs to tell you about her book. | 你们的妈妈有事要说 是关于她的书 |
[19:13] | Sometimes you forget how stupid the rest of the world is. | 有时候 你会忘记 世界上的其他人有多么愚蠢 |
[19:16] | Like how all anybody cares about | 就像很多人在意 |
[19:18] | is whether some snotty British boy can fly and — | 一个流鼻涕的英国小男孩 能不能飞一样 |
[19:20] | Eddie? What’s wrong? | 艾迪 怎么了? |
[19:24] | I never said goodbye to Nicole. | 我还没和妮可说再见 |
[19:26] | And she leaves in an hour, | 她一个小时后就要出发了 |
[19:28] | and now we’re here on this book tour. | 而我们却在这里巡回签售 |
[19:30] | I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[19:32] | ** | |
[19:34] | Book tour is cancelled. | 巡回签售取消了 |
[19:35] | We’re going home so Eddie can see Nicole. | 我们回家 这样艾迪就可以见到妮可了 |
[19:38] | -Sweet! -Yes. | -太好了! -对! |
[19:39] | You’re not gonna tell them? | -你不打算告诉他们了? -我会的 |
[19:40] | I will later, but right now, our son needs us. | 晚点再说 但是现在 我们的儿子需要我们 |
[19:43] | The one thing I can’t ever fail is our boys. | 我唯一不能辜负的就是我们的孩子们 |
[19:46] | Oh! | |
[19:48] | [ Keys clatter ] How about a heads-up? | 先给个提示再扔啊 |
[19:49] | ** | |
[19:51] | [ Brakes hiss ] | |
[19:54] | Damn it! We’re 40 minutes late! | 该死 我们迟了40分钟 |
[20:00] | Nicole! You’re still here! | 妮可 你还在! |
[20:02] | I thought you were leaving at 3:00. | 我以为你三点就要出发 |
[20:03] | I’m leaving at 5:00. | 我五点出发 |
[20:04] | I told you 3:00 because | 我告诉你的是三点 |
[20:06] | it always takes you longer than it should to come around. | 因为你总是需要多点时间 |
[20:08] | [ Sighs ] You really do speak Eddie. | 才能反应过来 你真的很了解艾迪 |
[20:11] | Got time for one last Saturn talk? | 你还有时间再进行一次土星谈话吗? |
[20:14] | I’m sorry I was a dope. | 对不起 我之前像个傻瓜一样 |
[20:15] | I’m just…really gonna miss you. | 我真的会很想你的 |
[20:18] | You’re going to miss me? | 你会想我的? |
[20:19] | How am I supposed to make it without you? | 离开你之后我该怎么办呢? |
[20:21] | You had permanent shotgun. | 你是我永远的副驾驶 |
[20:22] | I mean, you’ve been there through everything. | 你一直都在我身边 |
[20:25] | I know it sucks we won’t be together talking like this, | 我们以后不能像这样在一起 这样聊天 真是糟透了 |
[20:28] | but you’re gonna kill it in New York. | 但你在纽约会过得很好的 |
[20:30] | You’re Nicole. [ Chuckles ] | 你可是妮可 |
[20:31] | I’m gonna miss you, girl. | 我会想你的 朋友 |
[20:32] | I’m gonna miss you, fool. | 我也会想你的 |
[20:34] | ** | 傻瓜 |
[20:38] | [ Sighs ] | |
[20:39] | [ Sniffles ] | |
[20:40] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗? |
[20:42] | Nah. It’s just my allergies. [ Chuckles ] | 不是 我过敏了 |
[20:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:46] | Because you know what happens in here stays in here, forever. | 车里发生的一切都会留在车里 永远 |
[20:50] | Whew! | 过敏…越来越严重了 |
[20:51] | It’s — It’s really flaring up now. | 过敏…越来越严重了 借着这个全垒打 |
[20:53] | [ Both laugh ] | |
[20:59] | And with that home run, | 萨米索萨再次超过马克麦奎尔 |
[21:00] | Sammy Sosa retakes the lead over Mark McGwire. | 得分榜 萨米 66-马克 65 |
[21:01] | Slammin’ Sammy! | 超棒的萨米! |
[21:03] | You know he’s on steroids, right? | 你知道他在吃类固醇 对吧? |
[21:05] | What steroids? | 什么类固醇? |
[21:10] | Hey, I know it’s going to be difficult, | 我知道很难 |
[21:12] | but you still need to tell the boys | 但你还是得告诉孩子们书的事情 |
[21:14] | what happened with the book. | |
[21:14] | ** | |
[21:17] | What book? | 什么书? |
[21:18] | [ Sighs ] | |
[21:19] | I know what you’re doing, | 我知道你想干什么 |
[21:20] | but you can’t just deny it happened. | 但你不能否认那件事发生过 |
[21:22] | Deny what happened? | 否认什么? |
[21:24] | Uh-oh. |