时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mr. Occipinti: Come in, people! Come on in! Find a seat. | 大家都进来吧 找地方坐下 |
[00:05] | This is gonna be awesome. | 这太棒了 |
[00:06] | I can’t wait to get behind that wheel. | 我等不及要坐上驾驶位了 |
[00:08] | Hang a Louie on the I-4. | 左转开上四号州际公路 |
[00:10] | Dude, I’ve already been driving all summer with my parents. | 兄弟 整个暑假我都跟 我爸妈在自驾游 |
[00:13] | Me too. Long trips. | 我也是 长途旅行 |
[00:15] | I drive, my mom stares out the window, | 我开车 我妈就看着窗外 |
[00:17] | and we both think of what it would’ve been like | 我们都在想如果从未离开孟菲斯 |
[00:19] | if we never got out of Memphis. | 会是怎样的情况? |
[00:21] | I didn’t know everyone was driving. | 我不知道大家都会开车 |
[00:22] | Don’t worry, Eddie. I’m with you. | 别担心 艾迪 我也不会 |
[00:24] | My sisters refuse to let me drive. | 我的姐姐们不让我开车 |
[00:26] | They say I get too many leg spasms. | 她们说我的腿太常抽筋了 |
[00:28] | Eddie, you have calm legs. Why haven’t you driven? | 艾迪 你的腿又不会抽筋 为什么不开车? |
[00:30] | Have you met my parents? | 你们又不是不了解我爸妈 |
[00:31] | Are you gonna have trouble | 他们不给你在同意书上签字吗? |
[00:32] | getting them to sign the permission slip? | 他们不给你在同意书上签字吗? |
[00:34] | [ Thumps ] | |
[00:36] | Mnh. No. I have an airtight plan. | 不是 我有个妙计 |
[00:39] | I’m going to hit up my dad | 我要在一月一次的 |
[00:41] | during a monthly father-son trip to the mustard shop. | 父子芥末店旅行中求我爸 |
[00:43] | Fancy mustard always puts him in a good mood. | 美味的芥末会让他心情很好 |
[00:45] | [ Horn honks “Shave and a Haircut” ] | |
[00:47] | ♪♪ | 最近怎么样啊 |
[00:50] | What’s up, suckers? | 傻子们? |
[00:52] | Pretty nice day. | 今天天气不错 |
[00:53] | Figured I’d ride my hog. | 瞧瞧我的哈雷摩托 |
[00:55] | How did you get your driver’s license? | 你是怎么拿到驾照的? |
[00:57] | I’m older than you guys. | 我比你们大啊 |
[00:59] | I stayed back in second grade. On purpose. | 我二年级的时候留级了 故意的 |
[01:02] | Liked the upcoming talent better. | 觉得这样好像容易变聪明 |
[01:03] | What’s it like? Driving? | 骑车什么感觉啊? |
[01:05] | On your own? No one screaming at your leg? | 还是骑自己的车? 没有人吓唬你的腿 |
[01:08] | It’s like…flying | 坐在上面有种飞一样的感觉 |
[01:10] | while sitting down. | |
[01:12] | ♪♪ | |
[01:14] | Damn! I gotta get my license. | 该死 |
[01:18] | –Captions by VITAC– | 我要拿到自己的驾照 |
[01:20] | ♪ Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:22] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:23] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know ♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:25] | ♪ Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:27] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from ♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:29] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:31] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat | 《初来乍到》 |
[01:33] | ♪♪ | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:35] | Permission slip for Driver’s Ed. | 驾驶员培训的同意书 |
[01:37] | My airtight plan. How? | 我的妙计 怎么会这样? |
[01:39] | Your teachers may take the summers off from you, but not from me. | 你老师给你放了暑假 可没给我放 |
[01:42] | I meet with them in July | 我七月见过他们 |
[01:43] | and go over the upcoming lesson plan. | 仔细检查了一下 接下来的教学计划 |
[01:45] | Even I didn’t know she did that. | 我都不知道她做了这么多事 |
[01:46] | Look, I need this. I’ll do anything. | 我想考驾照 让我做什么都行 |
[01:48] | I’ll — I’ll cook. I’ll clean. | 我可以…做饭 |
[01:49] | I’ll stop smelling bad — | 打扫卫生 我也会把自己收拾干净 |
[01:50] | Wait. You signed it? | 等等…你签字了? |
[01:52] | Of course. | 当然 你越早能开车 |
[01:54] | The quicker you can drive, | the quicker |
[01:55] | I can stop being the family taximan. | 我就越早摆脱家庭司机的身份 |
[01:57] | Oh, my God. Let’s go right now. | 天哪!那我们现在就学! |
[01:59] | No way. You learn on our car, | 不行 你要是用咱家的车学 |
[02:00] | we’ll need new brakes, new bumpers, new rods. | 还得换新的刹车 新的保险杠和连杆 |
[02:03] | You can learn at school. | 你在学校学吧 |
[02:04] | But that’s months of classroom time | 但我们还得上好几个月的课 |
[02:06] | before we even get in the car! | 才能实操开车呢 |
[02:08] | I know. I have the lesson plan. | 我知道 我有课程计划 |
[02:11] | What your mom means to say is, this is a big responsibility. | 你妈的意思是这事儿责任重大 |
[02:14] | No need to rush. Enjoy the process. | 不着急 享受学习过程吧 |
[02:16] | This is the milestone of young adulthood. | 这就是你青少年时期的里程碑 |
[02:18] | I can think of a better one. | 我想到更好的办法了 |
[02:22] | In Taiwan, I was driving a bus when I was 11. | 在台湾的时候 |
[02:24] | [ Scoffs ] I didn’t have the luxury to take my time. | 我11岁就开公交车了 没时间奢侈地享受学习过程 |
[02:27] | I had to learn on the fly… | 我必须不停学习 |
[02:28] | with the constant fear of delivering myself | 带着提心吊胆的心情把我自己 |
[02:31] | and a busload of commuters to a fiery death. | 和满车乘客都送去见阎王 |
[02:35] | I lost my thermos on the first day. | 第一天我就失去了热情 |
[02:37] | ♪♪ | |
[02:43] | I have some vacuuming to do, but maybe after I finish, | 我得用吸尘器打扫下卫生 等我忙完之后 |
[02:46] | we can continue our Boggle match? | 我们可以继续玩巴格乐拼字游戏吗? |
[02:47] | [ Dice rattling ] | |
[02:48] | Sorry. I have a commitment later. | 抱歉 我一会儿有约了 |
[02:50] | Oh, you have a commitment,do you? | 你有约了? |
[02:52] | I’d love to know what’s more important than Boggle Brothers. | 我真高兴听见你说这比 巴格乐拼字游戏更重要 |
[02:56] | Grandma invited me to hang out at her new place. | 奶奶邀请我去她的新家玩 |
[02:58] | It’s the garage. The old tenant was a car! | 那就是个车库 上任房客是辆车 |
[03:02] | And in the future, when we get invited out, | 再说以后 如果有人邀请我们出去 |
[03:04] | can you put it on the calendar so I know? | 你能写在日程表上 让我知道吗? |
[03:06] | Luckily, I keep my Saturdays light. | 艾默利和艾文的日程表 周六 |
[03:08] | Actually, Grandma only invited me. | 还好我周六没什么要紧事儿 事实上 奶奶只邀请了我 |
[03:11] | What?! We’re a package deal. | 什么?我们是一体的啊 |
[03:14] | Who invites butter but not the rolls?! | 谁会只邀黄油 不邀小圆面包呢? |
[03:18] | [ Sighs ] | |
[03:19] | -I got you. I got you. -[ Fussing ] | 乖 |
[03:21] | Louis: [ Chuckles ] | |
[03:23] | Someone’s a little fussy pants. | -某些人事情有点儿多啊 |
[03:25] | [ Chuckles ] A little? I’m allfussy pants. | -有点儿? |
[03:27] | -[ Laughs ] -[ Fusses ] | 我可是事务缠身了 |
[03:29] | There we go. Okay. | 坐进来 乖 |
[03:31] | She just won’t sleep, Lou. Mm. | 阿路 她就是不肯睡觉 |
[03:33] | I swear, Honey’s serving up coffee milk. | 我敢肯定 哈妮给她喝咖啡牛奶了 |
[03:36] | Can I drive?! | -我能开吗? -不能 |
[03:37] | Nope. | -我能开吗? -不能 |
[03:38] | Where are you guys off to? | 你们要去哪儿? |
[03:39] | Eddie and I are taking our monthly excursion | 你们要去哪儿? 我跟艾迪要去月度短途旅行 |
[03:41] | to The Mustard Squeeze. | 去芥末店 |
[03:43] | Oh, man, I wish I had | 天哪 |
[03:44] | had a dad like you. | 真希望我有一个你这样的爸爸 |
[03:46] | -[ Chuckles ] -You know, one that prepares | 做好准备 |
[03:48] | his son for the world | 让儿子面对世界 |
[03:49] | and everything in it. | 和世界上的一切 |
[03:50] | I don’t know about that. | -谬赞了 |
[03:51] | I’m serious, Lou. | -阿路 我是说真的 |
[03:52] | I was thrown to the wolves. | 我被扔进过狼群 |
[03:54] | No one protected me. | 没有人保护我 |
[03:55] | No one taught me | 没有人教我分辨芥末的好坏 |
[03:57] | that there were good and bad mustards out there. | |
[03:59] | Your kid, no matter what sandwich comes his way, | 你儿子不论遇到什么样的三明治 |
[04:01] | is gonna know what to put on it because of you. | 在你的教导下 他都会知道 该往上面放什么 |
[04:03] | [ Chuckles ] Is this still about mustard? | 被《初来乍到》鼓舞 黄艾迪 咱们还是在说芥末的事儿吗? |
[04:06] | Yeah. | 是 |
[04:07] | No. | 也不是 |
[04:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:10] | [ Sighs ] | |
[04:11] | Well, you know, when Eddie was a baby | 艾迪还是婴儿的时候 老不睡觉 |
[04:12] | and wouldn’t sleep, I’d put him in the car and drive him around. | 我就把他放进车里 带着他四处转悠 |
[04:15] | He’d pass right out. | 他很快就睡着了 |
[04:16] | Just like that? Huh? | 像那样吗? |
[04:20] | Works every time. | 次次奏效 |
[04:22] | [ Mysterious music plays ] | 圣徒和罪人 台湾 1952年 我跟 |
[04:25] | ♪♪ | 加注 大姐 他已经什么都没有了 赌那个猫头鹰 |
[04:28] | [ All speaking Mandarin ] | |
[04:42] | Why would you cover an owl’s cage at night? | 为什么晚上要把猫头鹰的笼子盖着? |
[04:44] | They’re nocturnal. | 猫头鹰是夜行动物 |
[04:45] | Hmm. | |
[04:48] | I was looking for the hourglass timer for Boggle. | 我在找巴格乐拼字游戏的沙漏计时器 |
[04:51] | Hope I didn’t interrupt anything important. | 希望没有打扰到你们的要事 |
[04:53] | No. Grandma was just telling me about how her and Yeye met. | 没有 奶奶刚在跟我说 她是怎么跟爷爷相遇的 |
[04:56] | Oh. I’d love to hear that story. | 我也想听这个故事 现在不行 我累了 需要休息 明天吧 |
[05:08] | I can just hold the wheel and steer | 如果你想休息一下胳膊 |
[05:10] | if you want to rest your arms. | 我可以握住方向盘 |
[05:11] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干嘛 |
[05:12] | You think because I’m full of gourmet mustard | 你以为现在我满脑子都是美味芥末 |
[05:14] | and away from your mom, I’ll give in. | 你妈妈也不在 我就会妥协 |
[05:16] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[05:18] | Oh, car trouble. I’m gonna see if they need any help. | 有车出故障了 我去看看他们需不需要帮助 |
[05:22] | Stay in here. | 你待在车上 |
[05:25] | Hey! You need some help? | 嘿!需要帮助吗? |
[05:27] | I think it’s just overheated. | 我觉得可能是引擎过热了 |
[05:30] | Probably just your rods. | 也有可能是连杆的问题 |
[05:31] | [ Siren chirps ] | |
[05:33] | Oh. Hmm. | |
[05:36] | All right, sir, can you tell me how you caused the accident? | 先生 能告诉我你是怎么 |
[05:39] | E-Excuse me? | 造成这起事故的吗? 什么? |
[05:41] | No, it wasn’t him. He was just — | 不 不是他 他只是… |
[05:42] | No, you don’t have to cover for him. | 你不用替他遮掩 |
[05:44] | We all know whose fault it was. | 我们都知道这是谁的问题 |
[05:45] | Uh…his car overheated. | 他的车过热了 |
[05:47] | I pulled over to help. There was no accident. | 我停下来帮忙 |
[05:49] | Oh. [ Chuckles ] | 没有事故 |
[05:50] | Well, that’s a nice surprise. | 真是惊喜啊 |
[05:52] | Normally, it’s, you know… [ Imitates radio dispatcher ] | 通常…你懂的 |
[05:55] | “We got another crash on Sycamore | “西卡莫的车祸 原因” |
[05:56] | due to, you guessed it, Asians. Over.” | “不出所料 都是亚洲人 |
[05:59] | Uh…what is that supposed to mean? | 完毕” 这话是什么意思? |
[06:02] | Oh, come on, I’m joking. | 好了 |
[06:04] | You get it! [ Laughs ] | 我只是开个玩笑 你懂的 |
[06:07] | I’m not a racist. Come on. | 我不是种族歧视 |
[06:09] | My — My training officer was Korean. | 我的教官就是韩国人 |
[06:11] | Marvin: Man, I wish I had a dad like you… | 真希望我有个你这样的爸爸 |
[06:13] | one that prepares your son | 做好准备 |
[06:15] | for the world and everything in it. | 让儿子面对世界 和世界上的一切 |
[06:17] | No one protected me. | 没人保护我 |
[06:19] | No one taught me | 没人教我分辨芥末的好坏 |
[06:21] | that there were good and bad mustards out there. | |
[06:23] | Hey, do you understand the words | 嘿 |
[06:24] | that are coming out of my mouth?! | “你听得懂我刚说的话吗?” |
[06:26] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[06:28] | It’s “Rush Hour.” | 是《尖峰时刻》的台词 |
[06:30] | [ Scoffs ] It’s the best movie of the summer, | 真是今年夏天最好的电影 |
[06:32] | possibly of all time. | 甚至可能是史上最好的 |
[06:33] | I, uh, haven’t seen it. | 我还没看 |
[06:34] | How have younot seen it? | 你怎么能没看呢? |
[06:36] | You would loveit! | 你会喜欢的 |
[06:38] | [ Laughs ] | |
[06:40] | ♪♪ | |
[06:44] | I’m gonna teach you to drive. | 我来教你开车 |
[06:45] | You’re gonna be the best damn driver on the road. | 你会是马路上最棒的司机 |
[06:47] | Holy…nuts. | 天哪! |
[06:49] | Seriously?! What happened?[ Seat belt clicks ] | 认真的吗?刚发生什么了? |
[06:51] | The officer was just reminding me | 那个警察提醒了我 |
[06:52] | how dangerous it is out there. | 外面的世界多么险恶 |
[06:54] | And it’s my job to make sure you’re prepared. | 我有职责确保你做好准备面对了 |
[06:56] | This is the best mustard trip ever! | 这是最棒的芥末之旅了 |
[07:02] | All right, hydrate, | 好了 喝点水 做些拉伸 |
[07:03] | do some light stretching, and get some sleep. | 好好睡觉 |
[07:05] | Training starts tomorrow. | 明天开始练习 |
[07:06] | I can’t believe I’m finally gonna drive. | 不敢相信我终于能开车了 |
[07:08] | I’m never walking into another Wendy’s in my life. | 我再也不用走路去温迪快餐店了 |
[07:12] | -Heeeey! | -Heeeey! -嘿 -嘿 |
[07:13] | No mustard talk. It gives me a headache. | 别跟我说芥末的事儿 我听了头疼 |
[07:15] | -Yep. -We know! | -好的 -明白 |
[07:17] | -How you gonna convince her? -Got an airtight plan. | 你打算怎么说服她? 我有个绝妙计划 |
[07:19] | First, a compliment — play to her ego. | 首先 好好恭维她 |
[07:22] | Then a philosophical question that we can debate for hours. | 然后提出一个可以争论 几小时的哲学问题 |
[07:24] | Once I exhaust her argumentative powers, | 等我耗尽她辩论的力气 |
[07:26] | I’ll put on the charm, and she’ll cave. | 再略展魅力 她就中计了 |
[07:32] | [ Sighs ] | |
[07:38] | You’re so good at balancing the checkbook. | 你太会算账了 |
[07:43] | So…you ever think they’ll create a robot | 你…有没有想过人类会造出来 |
[07:46] | that can feel joy? | 能够感知喜悦的机器人? |
[07:47] | No. Mmm… | 没 |
[07:53] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[07:54] | You are up to something. | 你别有所图 |
[07:55] | My airtight plan. How?! | 我的妙计啊 怎么会? |
[07:57] | Spill it. | 有话就说 |
[08:01] | I want to teach Eddie to drive. | 我想教艾迪开车 |
[08:02] | He needs to be ready. More than ready. | 面对这个世界 他需要做好准备 更多准备 |
[08:04] | No. We agreed. | 不行 我们说好的 |
[08:05] | I know, but I forgot about this bad-Asian-driver stereotype. | 我知道 但是我忘记了 ‘“糟糕的亚洲司机”这个刻板印象 |
[08:09] | You forgot about it? | 你忘了? |
[08:10] | You make those jokes all the time. | 你每天都在拿这个开玩笑啊 |
[08:12] | I do not! | 我没有 |
[08:13] | What about this morning? | 忘了今天早上吗? |
[08:16] | [ Thumping ] | |
[08:17] | [ Laughs ] Asian driver coming through! | 亚洲司机正在经过 |
[08:21] | It’s okay, Louis. | 没事的 路易斯 |
[08:23] | Wecan joke about it. We are Asian. | 我们可以开这种玩笑 我们就是亚洲人啊 |
[08:25] | Also, I back into the trash cans twice a week. | 而且我倒车确实会撞到垃圾桶 每周都会撞两次 |
[08:27] | That’s because you’re a careless driver, | 那是因为你是个粗心的司机 |
[08:29] | not because you’re Asian. | 不是因为你是亚洲人 |
[08:30] | Are we sure? | 你确定? |
[08:32] | I’m joking. Kind of. | 我开玩笑的 不过大差不差 |
[08:34] | I thought it was just a dumb thing, too, | 我也觉得这样很傻 |
[08:36] | until I realized Eddie’s going to be facing it now. | 但我发现艾迪就要面对这种偏见了 |
[08:38] | I’m sure he knows all about it. | 我敢肯定他什么都知道 |
[08:40] | He’s 15 and he reads Angrymagazine. | 他15岁了 他也会读《愤怒杂志》 |
[08:43] | It’s MADmagazine. | 那叫《疯狂杂志》 |
[08:44] | And there’s a huge difference | 而且在家阅读那些巧妙的讽刺 |
[08:45] | between reading clever satire at home | |
[08:47] | and being out there, vulnerable, | 跟独自在外 |
[08:49] | exposed to this nonsense. | 被那些蠢话当头棒喝 区别太大了 |
[08:51] | I never thought about it that way. | 我从来没这么想过 |
[08:53] | We stopped to help someone on the side of the road today, | 我们今天把车停在路边帮助别人 |
[08:55] | and the cop just assumed that I caused an accident. | 警察来了就直接觉得我是肇事者 |
[08:57] | Did Eddie hear this? | 艾迪听到了吗? |
[08:59] | No, but it’s only a matter of time. | 没有 但他早晚会听到 |
[09:01] | If he stops too short or leaves the blinkers on, | 如果他突然停车 或者忘了关转向灯 |
[09:03] | it’ll be thrown in his face, | 这些话就会甩到他脸上 |
[09:04] | even though everyone else drives the same way! | 即使其他司机也是这么开车的 |
[09:07] | People do stick their finger up at me a lot. | 人们确实总对我的车技指指点点 |
[09:09] | Jessica, the stereotype’s out there. | 洁西卡 |
[09:11] | We can’t change that. | 偏见客观存在 我们改变不了 |
[09:13] | But we can try to protect our son from it the best we can, | 但是我们可以尽全力 保护我们的孩子 |
[09:15] | which means he has to be doubly prepared, not less. | 让他做好双倍的准备 |
[09:17] | Okay, you can train him. | 好吧 你可以教他 |
[09:20] | Really? | 真的吗?太好了!我要告诉艾迪 |
[09:21] | Yes, I’m gonna go tell Eddie. | |
[09:23] | Louis, sometimes he can be a little slow on the uptake, | 路易斯 他有时学东西有点慢 |
[09:26] | so better triple train him to be safe. | 为了安全 |
[09:28] | ♪♪ | 最好给他三倍的训练量 |
[09:31] | Where’ve you been? | 你去哪儿了? |
[09:33] | Went for a walk. Fresh air. | 出去散步了 透透气 |
[09:36] | I’ve asked you to walk with me and the HOA ladies | 四年来 我每天都邀请你跟我 |
[09:39] | every day for four straight years. | 还有业主协会的女士们一起散步 |
[09:42] | Suddenly, tonight you catch a hot case of walking fever? | 怎么今晚你心血来潮想散步了? |
[09:45] | I heard the moon was really big, and I — | 我听说今晚的月亮很大 就… |
[09:47] | I saw your bike parked on the side of the garage. | 我看见你的自行车停在车库旁边 |
[09:49] | It always is now that Grandma lives in there. | 奶奶住进去之后 车就一直停在那儿 |
[09:51] | How long have these little hangs been going on? | 你这样和奶奶见面有多长时间了? |
[09:54] | I don’t know. When she first moved out there, | 记不清了 |
[09:55] | I thought she’d be lonely, | 奶奶刚搬过去的时候 我觉得她一个人孤零零的 |
[09:57] | so I brought her a housewarming present — | 就给她送了一个暖房礼物 |
[09:59] | a nice fern. | 一盆可爱的绿植 |
[10:00] | That’s it! Of course! | 原来如此! |
[10:02] | She hasn’t invited me out there | 她不邀请我原来是因为气我没送礼物 |
[10:04] | because she’s mad I didn’t get her a gift. | |
[10:06] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[10:07] | Now to figure out what to get | 我好好想想该给这位啥都不缺的女士 |
[10:09] | for the woman who has everything. | 送什么礼物 |
[10:11] | Did you get a pot to go with that fern? | 你送的绿植有花盆吗? |
[10:13] | Yeah. | -有 |
[10:14] | Ugh! Emery! | -艾默利! |
[10:16] | All right. Let’s do this. | 好了 来吧 |
[10:18] | I promise to keep it under 75. | 我保证我不会超过75迈的 |
[10:20] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[10:21] | Oh, it’s your first lesson. | 你的第一课 |
[10:23] | Whoa. Robbing a bank! | 抢银行吗! |
[10:25] | I’m gonna learn how to drive getaway style! | 我要学怎么开车逃命! |
[10:27] | No, it’s a tire iron. | 不是 这是撬胎棒 |
[10:28] | You have to learn how the machine works | 在你拥有酷炫车技之前 |
[10:30] | before you can be expected to master it. | 你必须先搞明白机械是如何运转的 |
[10:32] | Rotate the tires. Change the oil, the spark plugs. | 换轮胎、加油 |
[10:34] | Check the fluid. | 还要检查火花塞和油液位… |
[10:35] | My friends didn’t have to learn any of this nonsense. | 我朋友都没学这些有的没的 |
[10:37] | They’re already driving! Brian has a hog! | 他们也开得挺好 布莱恩还有辆哈雷摩托呢 |
[10:40] | I made a deal with your mom. | 我跟你妈说好了 |
[10:41] | If you want to use our car, | 如果你要用家里的车学习 |
[10:43] | you’re gonna have to learn my way. | 你就得按我们的规矩来 |
[10:45] | You gotta stop making deals with Mom. | 你以后别跟我妈约定什么事情了 |
[10:47] | She tricks you every time. | 她每次都糊弄你 |
[10:49] | Go![ Stopwatch beeps ] | 开始 |
[10:50] | ♪♪ | |
[10:54] | ♪♪ | |
[10:58] | 10:00 and 2:00. | 十秒二 |
[11:00] | ♪♪ | |
[11:02] | Heavy mist. | 大雾 |
[11:05] | Steady rain. | 连绵细雨 |
[11:06] | Downpour. ♪♪ | 倾盆大雨 |
[11:13] | Brake. Accelerate. | 刹车 加速 |
[11:15] | Right turn. Brake. | 右转 |
[11:17] | [ Squeals] | |
[11:18] | Rainbow Road! | 刹车 往彩虹路开 |
[11:21] | Go! | 开始 |
[11:22] | ♪♪ | 开始 |
[11:27] | 10:00 and 2:00. | 十秒二 |
[11:28] | [ Stopwatch beeps ] | |
[11:29] | ♪♪ | |
[11:31] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[11:32] | I think you’re ready. Show me what you got. | 我觉得你学得差不多了 展示一下学习成果吧 |
[11:35] | Okay. I checked the tire pressure, | 好的 我已经检查了胎压 |
[11:38] | adjusted the mirror, released the parking brake, | 调好了后视镜 松了手刹 |
[11:40] | turned off the radio, and buckled my seatbelt. | 关了收音机还系了安全带 |
[11:43] | Is that everything? | 就完了? |
[11:47] | Forgot to check your blind spot. | 你忘了检查你的视觉盲区 |
[11:49] | No, I did. You just missed it. | 我检查了 你没看见而已 |
[11:50] | Oh, yeah, Jessica? | 是吗?洁西卡 |
[11:52] | I don’t know how you didn’t smell my sunscreen. | 你怎么没闻到我防晒霜的味道 |
[11:56] | You just got in an accident | 因为没检查好视觉盲区 |
[11:57] | because you didn’t check your blind spot. | 你刚刚已经出事故了 |
[11:59] | I’m parked in my own driveway. | 我还停在我们家的停车位上呢 |
[12:01] | Most accidents happen within a mile of home. | 大多数事故都发生在家附近 |
[12:03] | I’m at home! | -我还在家呢 |
[12:04] | That’s within a mile. | -也算是附近 |
[12:05] | We can try again next weekend. | 下周末再来练吧 |
[12:06] | Next weekend?! | 下周末? |
[12:07] | Forget it. I’m just gonna wait for school. | 下周末? 算了 我还是等着去学校练吧 |
[12:10] | Listen, this is a big moment in your life, | 听着 这对你的人生很重要 |
[12:12] | and I wanted it to be perfect. | 我也希望一切完美 但是… |
[12:14] | But the truth is, there’s this stereotype — | 事实是 有一种刻板印象… |
[12:15] | Asians suck at driving? | 亚洲人车技都很烂 |
[12:17] | Yeah, I’ve heard that crap. Who cares? | 我早知道了 谁在乎啊? |
[12:19] | You will! I know you. | 你会在乎的 我了解你 |
[12:19] | When you get blamed for every little thing | 只要你开车的时候稍有不慎 路上出了事 |
[12:21] | that goes wrong on the road whether it’s your fault or not. | 不管是不是你造成的 人家都会怪你 |
[12:24] | So, because people are stupid, | 所以 |
[12:25] | I have to do twice as much work? | 我要因为那些愚蠢的人 而加倍努力? |
[12:27] | I’m not saying it’s fair. | 我没说这是公平的 |
[12:29] | Eddie, you can half-ass this if you want. | 艾迪 你可以半途而废 随便你 |
[12:31] | Maybe add to the stereotype. | 就让人们继续持有这种偏见吧 |
[12:33] | Or you can try to rail against it… | 或者你也可以通过努力 |
[12:35] | by being better. | 去反抗偏见 做出改变 |
[12:36] | It’s your choice. | 随你选择 |
[12:38] | I hate that your “be the change” speech always gets to me. | 我讨厌你这套“做出改变”的说辞 总能说服我 |
[12:41] | [ Keys rattle ] | |
[12:42] | [ Door motor whirring ] | |
[12:45] | Like what you see? Take a picture. | 看到了吗?喜欢吗?拍个照留念吧 |
[12:47] | It will last longer. | 让这一幕永存 |
[12:49] | Bearskin rug, eh? | 这是什么呀? 熊皮毯 |
[12:53] | So soft. | 我很喜欢 非常柔软 |
[12:55] | Maybe we all sit and break it in | 我们可以一起坐在上面休息 |
[12:57] | while you finish the story of how you met Yeye. | 听你讲完和爷爷的相遇故事吗? 我和他的妹妹以前一起工作 是她介绍我们的 故事说完了 |
[13:11] | All right, what’s the deal? | 怎么回事? |
[13:13] | I gave her a present 10 times better than your lame-o fern, | 我送的礼物比你那个鬼绿植好了十倍 |
[13:16] | and she’s still not giving me the time of day. | 她还是不愿意搭理我 |
[13:18] | Maybe you’re trying too hard. | 也许你做得太过了? |
[13:20] | I’m not buying your cheese. Spill it! | 我才不信 说实话 |
[13:22] | Okay, Grandma doesn’t like telling her stories to you | 好吧 奶奶不想给你讲她的故事 |
[13:25] | because, well, you know how you are. | 因为… 你也知道你这个人 |
[13:28] | A delight? | 很讨喜? |
[13:29] | You’ve been known to suck the fun out of things. | 你会让事情索然无味 |
[13:32] | Or as Grandma says, you’re a stick-in-the-mud. | 用奶奶的话说 你就是朽木不可雕 |
[13:34] | [ Gasps ] | |
[13:36] | A stick-in-the-mud?! | “朽木不可雕”? |
[13:38] | I’ll have you know | 告诉你 |
[13:38] | a beaver would call that the start to a house! | 对懂得欣赏的人来说 我这块朽木也是能堪大用的 |
[13:43] | I got to honk the horn for the first time. | 我终于第一次按到喇叭了 |
[13:44] | It felt so good! | 感觉太好了! |
[13:47] | Yeah, they say you never forget your first. | 都说第一次永生难忘 |
[13:48] | I sure didn’t. | 我也忘不了 |
[13:50] | Hooonnnnnk! | |
[13:52] | My dad says the most effective honk is good defensive driving. | 我爸说按喇叭最大的意义 就是警告司机好好开车 |
[13:56] | Why are you wearing those gloves if you can’t drive? | 你不能开车干嘛戴着手套? |
[13:58] | My sisters realized I can be their designated driver. | 我姐发现我可以当她们的专属司机 |
[14:01] | Now they let me drive all the time. | 现在她们整天都让我开车 |
[14:03] | Trish met a guy from Tampa in a bar, | 翠西在酒吧认识了一个坦帕市来的人 |
[14:05] | and I cruised them all the way home | 我送他们回家的路上 |
[14:06] | while they got busy in the back seat. | 他们一直在后座亲热 |
[14:08] | What?! You’redriving now?! | 什么?你现在会开车了? 欢迎加入鸣笛大队 |
[14:10] | Welcome to Honktown. | 禁止进入 嗯 |
[14:12] | ♪♪ | 今天的字母很好吃 尤其是K |
[14:24] | Yeah, it’s a good batch. | 是 这批做得不错 |
[14:26] | [ Engine revs ] | |
[14:27] | Oh, Marvin… | 马尔文的新车声音太大了 他应该查一查他车的连杆 |
[14:34] | I wonder if he’s taking Maria for a drive | 我想他只是想带玛莉亚转转 |
[14:36] | to get her to sleep. | 让她快点睡着 |
[14:40] | What the hell?! | 什么玩意? |
[14:42] | ♪♪ | |
[14:46] | Eddie’s on the lam! Where are my keys? | 艾迪跑了 我的车钥匙呢? 艾迪! |
[14:47] | [ Tires screech ] | |
[14:48] | [ Crashing ] | |
[14:53] | -Eddie! -Everyone’s okay, Lou. | 阿路 大家都好好的 |
[14:55] | I was too tired to drive, so Eddie was helping me out. | 我就是太累了 所以艾迪帮我开了一段 |
[14:58] | No one got hurt. | -没人受伤 |
[14:59] | Oh, really? Bianca looks okay to you? | -真的吗? 比安卡看起来像没事吗? |
[15:01] | Eddie, what did you do? | 艾迪 你干什么了? |
[15:03] | Me? Why do you think I caused this? | 我?你为什么就断定是我的问题? |
[15:05] | Because you’re inexperienced. | 因为你经验不足 |
[15:07] | Brian just started driving, too. Why don’t you blame him? | 布莱恩也是刚会开车啊 你为什么不怪他? |
[15:10] | Is it ’cause I’m Asian? | 还是因为我是亚洲人? |
[15:12] | I don’t see faces. I see cars. | 我不看脸 只看车 |
[15:14] | Well, you didn’t see mine! Eddie’s not at fault, Lou. | 你就没看到我的车 阿路 不是艾迪的错 |
[15:17] | Old lead-foot here came screaming around that corner | 这家伙轰隆隆拐弯的时候 |
[15:19] | way too fast. | 速度太快了 |
[15:21] | You are such a hypocrite. | 你真虚伪 |
[15:22] | You immediately blame me ’cause I’m the Asian driver. | 就因为我是亚洲司机 二话不说就责怪我 |
[15:25] | That’s not what I’m doing. I just assumed because you… | 不是的 我怪你是因为你… |
[15:28] | Are Asian?! [ Scoffs ] Just own it. | 是个亚洲人?承认吧 |
[15:30] | Everybody’s a little bit racist. Even you. | 每个人心底都带着些种族歧视 |
[15:32] | First you joke about it, | 你也不例外 你第一次被人开这种玩笑 |
[15:33] | then you hate it, then you play into it? | 深感厌恶 |
[15:35] | Make up your mind! | 后来你自己也变成这样 搞搞清楚吧! |
[15:36] | You weren’t supposed to be driving at all. | 你本来就不该开车 |
[15:38] | Your car. This isn’t your car. | 又没开你的车 |
[15:40] | I have my learner’s permit. | 我有实习驾照的 |
[15:41] | Not anymore. I’m taking it away. | 现在你没有了 我要没收 |
[15:43] | Driving is a privilege, not a right. | 开车是特殊权利 不是基本权利 |
[15:45] | Forget this, I’m out! | 行了 我不开了 |
[15:49] | Brian: So, I guess we swap info | 我觉得我们应该交换信息 |
[15:51] | and let the claims adjusters figure out who caused what? | 然后让理赔人员来判断是谁的责任? |
[15:54] | ♪♪ | 抱歉 |
[16:00] | Oh, sorry, I’ll give you the room. | 我给你腾地方 |
[16:02] | Don’t want to be a stick-in-the-mud. | 我可不想当朽木 |
[16:06] | Oh, and I was thinking about it. | 对了 我刚刚在想 |
[16:08] | How is a stick-in-the-mud a bad thing anyway? | 为什么不可雕的朽木就不好呢? |
[16:11] | If it’s lying flat, you can step on it | 朽木在那 |
[16:12] | to keep your shoes clean and — | 又不碍你什么事 而且… |
[16:14] | You’re doing it right now. | 你又来了 |
[16:15] | You pick apart every little detail. | 你总是在抠字眼 |
[16:18] | When someone’s telling a story, when they’re watching TV — | 听别人讲故事的时候 看电视的时候… |
[16:20] | I thought people liked it when I corrected them | 我以为大家乐意让我指出问题 |
[16:22] | so they can learn. | 这样他们才能有进步 |
[16:24] | Not really. Especially notGrandma. | 不是的 尤其是奶奶 |
[16:26] | But if I were ever wrong, I’d want someone to correct me. | 但如果我错了 我会希望有人提醒我 |
[16:30] | You’re not like most people. You’re special that way. | 你不代表大多数人 你在这点上比较特别 |
[16:32] | But Grandma’s stories are so… | -但奶奶的故事都很… |
[16:34] | Nonsensical? Who cares? | -荒唐? 谁在乎呢? |
[16:36] | It’s hard for me to enjoy something | 我如果觉得一件事是错的 |
[16:38] | when I know it’s wrong. | 我就很难投入其中 |
[16:40] | The little voice in my brain won’t quiet | 我要是不把错误指出来 |
[16:42] | until I fix the mistake. | 我的大脑里就会有个声音喋喋不休 |
[16:43] | That’s Mom’s voice. | 那是妈妈的声音 |
[16:45] | It’s okay to turn it off every now and then. | 你可以时不时地把它屏蔽掉 |
[16:47] | Really? We’re allowed to do that? | 真的吗?我们真的可以这样做吗? |
[16:50] | ♪♪ | |
[16:53] | [ Gearshift clicks ] | |
[16:54] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[16:56] | Wish they stayed that size forever. | -要是孩子永远这么大就好了 |
[16:57] | Yeah. | -是啊 |
[16:58] | Hey, thanks for driving us around. | 谢谢你带我们兜风 |
[17:00] | And again, sorry. I didn’t know. | 抱歉啊 我不了解情况 |
[17:03] | It’s okay. He just doesn’t get that. | 没事 |
[17:05] | That you’re only trying to protect him. | -他只是不明白… -你只是想保护他 |
[17:07] | Exactly. Yeah. | -没错 -是这样 |
[17:08] | Learning to drive is a huge moment in a kid’s life. | 学车是孩子一生中的大事 |
[17:10] | I didn’t want this thing to overshadow it. | 我不希望这事儿给他留下什么阴影 |
[17:13] | I never thought I’d be the one he first felt it from. | 我从没想过我会是 第一个让他不开心的人 |
[17:15] | Well, look at the bright side, Lou, it’s the ’90s. | 阿路 往好的方面想 现在是90年代了 |
[17:17] | People are getting hip. | 人们越来越新潮 |
[17:19] | All this race stuff is almost done with. | 几乎没有人会开快车了 |
[17:22] | Who knew teaching your kid to drive could be so complicated? | 谁能想到教自己孩子学车 -还能这么复杂呢? |
[17:25] | [ Laughs ] Yeah. It was the same for me and Nicole. | -是啊 我和妮可当时也是一样的 |
[17:27] | It’s crazy for every parent. | 父母都是很抓狂的 |
[17:29] | You know, it’s a time of very mixed emotions. | 这是大家心里都百感交集 |
[17:31] | Not only is it one of the last bonding moments, | 不仅因为这是你们 |
[17:33] | but you’re teaching them to drive right out of the nest. | 最后一个紧密相连的时刻 也因为你是在教他们开车离家 |
[17:37] | I didn’t even think of that. | -我还没想到这些 -嗯 |
[17:38] | Yeah. Maybe sandbagging your kid wasn’t just to protect him. | 所以你怪孩子可能不仅因为想保护他 |
[17:42] | Maybe part of it was that you’re just not ready | 也许还因为你没有准备好 |
[17:44] | to have him go out and get mustard without you. | 让他在失去你庇护的情况下 独自面对外界 中国南海 1954年 你怎么找到我的? 我发现如果金钱不能让人开口… …钢铁会 |
[17:46] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[18:07] | Hey. [ Clears throat ] | 嘿 |
[18:09] | It has been pointed out to me | 有人说我是朽木不可雕 |
[18:11] | that I can be a stick-in-the-mud. | 你是没趣 |
[18:15] | I tried to soften it. | 我美化了一下 |
[18:18] | Well, either way, it is a habit I am trying to fix. | 不管怎样 我在尝试改掉这个习惯 |
[18:21] | Until then, I figured I’d fill my mouth with taffy | 改掉之前 |
[18:24] | as insurance should I feel the urge to enlighten ignorance. | 如果我又忍不住指手画脚 我就往嘴里塞太妃糖 |
[18:29] | Great. | 好 |
[18:31] | Then I will stick this giant piece of candy in my mouth | 我现在就要塞一大块糖果进嘴里 |
[18:34] | and try to have a good time. | 努力不搞坏气氛 回到我的故事 外面很黑 我在船上 我要买那个男人的自由 你买不起 金猫头鹰说我可以 |
[18:46] | [ Laughs ] | |
[18:56] | [ Owl singing operatically ] | |
[18:58] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[19:00] | I might need some of that taffy. | 我想吃点儿你的糖 |
[19:03] | ♪♪ | |
[19:09] | Hey, playing some football? | 嘿 在玩橄榄球啊? |
[19:17] | Look, Eddie, when I was a kid in Taiwan… | 艾迪 我小时候在台湾… |
[19:19] | You drove a bus. | -开过公交车 |
[19:20] | Hear me out. | -听我说完 |
[19:22] | Yes, I drove a bus. | 是的 我开过公交车 |
[19:24] | But I learned to drive it in a place where everyone was Asian. | 但我学开车的地方 大家都是亚洲人 |
[19:27] | Sounds chaotic. | 听起来就很混乱 |
[19:28] | It was a little hectic, yes, | 是有些忙乱 |
[19:30] | but only because there were so many people on the road. | 但那只是因为路上的人太多了 |
[19:32] | Of course. Sure. | 当然 我懂 |
[19:34] | I know I exaggerate the story. | 我知道我说话有些夸张 |
[19:36] | I take after your grandma in that way. | 这方面我随你奶奶 |
[19:38] | But the truth is, I had fun learning to drive. | 不过事实上 我学车的时候很快乐 |
[19:41] | And then I came here and it became less fun. | 但到了这里 |
[19:43] | So I learned to beat people to the punch | 就没那么快乐了 我学会了抢在别人之前 |
[19:46] | by joking about it myself. | 开自己的玩笑 |
[19:48] | I don’t know if making light of it is good or bad or both. | 我不知道这样是好是坏 还是两者皆有 |
[19:52] | I just want things to be easier for you. | 我只希望你会轻松一些 |
[19:56] | And I appreciate you clicking in on this particular instance, | 我很感谢你跟我说这些心里话开解我 |
[20:00] | but I deal with this nonsense all the time. | 但我一直都在遇到这些令人无语的事 |
[20:03] | Do you know how many people have asked me | 你知道有多少人问过我 |
[20:04] | if I’ve seen “Rush Hour”? | “有没有看过《尖峰时刻》吗?” |
[20:05] | Me too! | 我也被问过 |
[20:08] | I guess you were more ready than I knew. | 我想你比我想象中准备得更充分 |
[20:10] | Dad, I’ll be okay out there. | 爸爸 我准备好面对了 |
[20:12] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[20:15] | And I know you were just trying to look out for me. | 我知道你只是想保护我 |
[20:17] | Yeah. | 是 |
[20:19] | Also, maybe I was a little over-cautious | 也许我过于谨慎了 |
[20:21] | because I was having a good time with you, | 我很珍惜跟你在一起的时光 |
[20:23] | and I didn’t want it to end. | 不想让它就这么结束 |
[20:28] | Now, let’s go grab the rest of the family | 我们把家里人都叫上 |
[20:31] | and go to this movie everyone thinks we need to see. | 一起看看那部人人都觉得 我们应该看的电影吧 |
[20:33] | It looks good. | -电影好像不错 |
[20:35] | I know. | -我知道 |
[20:37] | Hey, you know what? I’m a little tired. | 你知道吗? |
[20:39] | Why don’t you drive? | 我有点累啦 你来开车怎么样? |
[20:41] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:42] | Oh, these are just the old house keys. | 这只是老房子的钥匙 |
[20:45] | That was the final test. You pass. | 这是最终测试 你通过了 尖峰时刻 |
[20:54] | Well, what did everyone think of the movie? | 大家觉得电影怎么样? |
[20:55] | The black man who talked like a girl was funny, | 那个说话像女生一样的 黑人还挺好笑的 |
[20:57] | but I thought there was one too many cheap jokes | 但我觉得里面有太多 关于中国物价刻板印象的 |
[20:59] | at the expense of Chinese stereotypes. | 低级笑话 |
[21:01] | Coming from the lady who brought food from home to the mall. | 这个评价竟然来自一位 把家里的食物带到商场的女士 |
[21:04] | That’s not a thing. It’s just smart. | 两回事儿 我这是生活的智慧 |
[21:06] | I’m just glad I got to see | 我很高兴能在大银幕上 看到一些亚洲人物 |
[21:07] | some Asian representation on the big screen. | 我很高兴能在大银幕上 看到一些亚洲人物 |
[21:09] | Well, I was impressed that a movie called “Rush Hour” | 我倒是很意外这部电影 虽然叫《尖峰时刻》 |
[21:11] | never once made a bad-Asian-driver joke. | 但没有什么关于亚洲司机的烂梗 看来美国还有救 |
[21:14] | Maybe there’s hope for America yet. | 绑架很准确 我被绑架的时候就是这样 |
[21:20] | -Okay, chopsticks. -Oh. | 拿筷子吧 |
[21:22] | ♪♪ |