时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | [indistinct conversations] | |
[00:04] | [slurps] | |
[00:05] | [gulps] | |
[00:08] | What a casual blouse, Amy. | 你的衬衫真休闲 艾咪 |
[00:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:12] | Yours also looks very… comfortable. | 你的衬衫看起来也很舒服 |
[00:18] | [clears throat] Um, I got to say, | 我得说 |
[00:21] | I am thrilled we finally got this Huang-Chestnut double date | 我很高兴我们终于实现了 黄氏和查斯纳夫妇的四人约会 |
[00:24] | on the books. Uh, quick follow up — | -所以 马修在哪里呢? -我还希望你不要问这个 |
[00:25] | Where’s Matthew? | -所以 |
[00:26] | Ohh, I was hoping you wouldn’t ask. | 马修在哪里呢? -我还希望你不要问这个 |
[00:29] | [sighs] | |
[00:32] | A Dear John letter? | 分手信?我还以为马修 |
[00:34] | I thought Matthew was happy working here. | 在这里工作很高兴 |
[00:36] | He was, but he scored a high-powered job at Dollywood. | 他以前是 但是他在多莉坞找了份更棒的工作 |
[00:40] | He’s overseeing the new 24-hour 9 to 5Diner. | 他负责监管一家新开的24小时餐厅 |
[00:42] | The biggest challenge is getting people to understand | 这份工作最大的挑战就是让人们明白 |
[00:45] | it’s always open. | 这家餐厅是24小时营业的 |
[00:46] | Um, I see. | 我知道了 |
[00:49] | Uh, excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[00:52] | Ugh, this is a typical Matthew. | 这就是马修的做事风格 |
[00:55] | He always Irish-goodbyes, leaving me to be the messenger. | 他总是一声不吭就走了 把留下我来当传话筒 |
[00:58] | Plus, I have to pack up our home, | 另外 我还得收拾家 |
[00:59] | take care of our precious baby boy, Max, | 照顾我们的宝贝儿子 麦斯 |
[01:01] | and finish my work at the PTA. | 还要和家长教师会一起完成工作 |
[01:03] | It’s a lot. | 太多事情了 |
[01:04] | Doesn’t seem so bad, | 看起来也不是很糟糕 |
[01:06] | but — but I’m somebody who likes hard work, so… | 我是那种喜欢努力工作的人 |
[01:09] | ♪♪ | 所以… |
[01:13] | MATTHEW: Pigeon Forge is beautiful this time of year, | “每年的这个时候 鸽子谷都很美丽 |
[01:16] | but not as beautiful as my memories | “但都不及我记忆中 |
[01:18] | of being your pard’ner, pard’ner. | 与你成为搭档时美丽 我的朋友 |
[01:20] | You’ll always have a special place in this cowboy’s heart. | “在我这个牛仔心中 你永远都是特别的 |
[01:23] | And if you could give my last paycheck to Amy, | “如果可以 麻烦您 |
[01:26] | that would be so, so great. | 把我的薪水交给艾咪 那就太好了 |
[01:27] | Or you can mail it, but handing it to Amy | “你也可以邮寄 |
[01:31] | would actually be my very strong preference. | “但我还是希望您能交给艾咪 |
[01:32] | Yipee Ki Goodbye, Matthew Chestnut. | “有缘再见 |
[01:36] | ♪ Where is my John Wayne?♪ | 马修查斯纳” |
[01:38] | LOUIS: Another cattleman gone. | 又走了一个牛仔 |
[01:41] | ♪ Where is my prairie song?♪ | 马修 米切 |
[01:44] | ♪ Where is my happy ending?♪ | 南西 波顿 |
[01:47] | ♪ Where have all the cowboys gone?♪ | 怀亚特 墨西哥烤肉男 |
[01:54] | I’m all alone here. | 我又孤身一人了 |
[01:58] | P.S. I’d much prefer you give the check to Amy, | “另外 我更喜欢 |
[02:00] | just to be clear. | 您把支票交给艾咪 只是提醒一下” |
[02:02] | Matthew. | 马修啊 |
[02:04] | ♪♪ | |
[02:06] | ♪ Fresh off the boat♪ | 初来乍到 |
[02:07] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[02:09] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 |
[02:11] | ♪ Fresh off the boat♪ | 初来乍到 |
[02:13] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[02:15] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’♪ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[02:16] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat♪ | 《初来乍到》 |
[02:19] | ♪♪ | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[02:22] | Ha, I found you, backwards “milk”! | 找到你了 倒着写的“牛奶”! |
[02:25] | There he is… my main man! | 他在这里 我最重要的孩子! |
[02:28] | What do you want?[chuckles] | 你想干什么? |
[02:30] | That’s your “idea smile.” | 你有想法了才会这样笑 |
[02:31] | Last time I saw that, | 上次我看到你这样笑 |
[02:32] | you had me take a video of you hula-hooping. | 你让我给你拍了你玩呼啦圈的录像 |
[02:34] | Okay, you got me. | 没错 |
[02:35] | I want you to come work with me. | 你懂我 我希望你和我一起工作 |
[02:37] | Now, I know we tried it in the past, and it… | 我知道我们以前试过 但是… |
[02:39] | Sucked….wasn’t always positive, | -糟透了 -并不是总是积极的 |
[02:41] | but I would like you to fill in for Matthew Chestnut | 但我希望你能在牛仔餐厅 替补马修查斯纳的空缺 |
[02:43] | at Cattleman’s until I can find a permanent replacement. | 直到我招到正式职工 |
[02:45] | Thanks, but let’s keep family and work separate. | 谢谢 |
[02:47] | I’m my own man now. | 我们还是把家庭和工作分开吧 |
[02:49] | [sighs] | |
[02:51] | I admit it. Last time we worked together was rocky. | 我现在是独立的大人了 我承认上次我们一起工作不太顺利 |
[02:53] | I was “too controlling,” | 我太有“控制欲”了 |
[02:54] | and you “ate food from garbage plates | 而且你“吃别人盘里的剩菜 |
[02:56] | and wouldn’t speak to old people,” | 还不愿意和老年顾客说话” |
[02:57] | but this time, it’ll be different. | 但是这次不一样 |
[02:59] | We’ve both matured into better versions of ourselves. | 我们都成熟了 变成了最好的自己 |
[03:01] | I have a job at the mattress store, | 我在床垫店有份工作 |
[03:02] | a job I got without help from you. | 一份没有你帮助的工作 |
[03:03] | I know, and I am so proud of you, | 我知道 我为你骄傲 |
[03:05] | but I’m in a bind and I need a new deputy, | 但是 我现在有麻烦了 我需要一个新助手 |
[03:07] | and who better than my firstborn son? | -谁会比我大儿子更好呢? |
[03:09] | No. | -我拒绝 |
[03:11] | [sighs] | |
[03:14] | This is really good stuff. | 这份简历很棒 |
[03:16] | Oh, I’m so glad you think so. | 我很高兴你能这么想 |
[03:19] | Just a top-notch résumé. | 简直是一流的简历 |
[03:20] | Great font choice, | 漂亮的字体 |
[03:21] | excellent margins, | 完美的边距 |
[03:22] | solid job history including teaching experience. | 扎实的工作经历 包括教学经验 |
[03:25] | Who knew such a dark spot on my past | 不知道我的黑历史能不能派上用场? |
[03:27] | could actually come in handy? | |
[03:29] | I only have one note. | 我有一个建议 |
[03:30] | Under objective, you’ve written, | 在目标下面 你写了 |
[03:32] | “Seeking employment in which I control | “寻找可以控制老师和学校的职位” |
[03:34] | the teachers and the school.” | |
[03:35] | Do you think it’s too vague? | 你不觉得写的很模糊吗? |
[03:37] | I think it should be in bold. | 我觉得这句话应该加粗 |
[03:38] | I agree! | 我赞同 |
[03:40] | It is that good. Ahh! | 这太棒了 |
[03:42] | This new “Teacher Boss” path feels right. | 这条新的“老师之头”道路感觉不错 |
[03:44] | I’m gonna turn the tables on those teachers | 我要改变现状 |
[03:46] | and give them an aptitude test, | 让老师们参加能力测试 |
[03:48] | finally get rid of the duds. | 终于能淘汰差劲的老师了 |
[03:49] | It’s about time someone stuck it to public-school teachers. | 是时候为难一下公立学校的老师了 |
[03:52] | You said it. | 你说对了 |
[03:55] | It’s the economy, stupid. | 傻瓜 |
[03:57] | [laughs] Great line. | 这是经济问题啊! |
[04:00] | My savings account is still pathetic. | 好棒的段子 |
[04:01] | Why do these interest rates keep dropping? | 我的存款仍然少得可怜 为什么利率一直在下跌? |
[04:04] | It’s the economy, stupid! | 傻瓜 这是经济问题啊! |
[04:05] | [both laugh] | |
[04:07] | James Carville.I did not expect that from you. | -詹姆斯卡维尔说的 -没想到你会说这个 |
[04:09] | Why not? Well, because you’re not that funny. | -为什么不会? |
[04:12] | ♪♪ | -嗯 因为你没那么幽默 |
[04:14] | [school bell rings] | 东奥兰多高中 |
[04:15] | Hello, Principal. | 校长您好 |
[04:17] | I would like to be in charge, please. Ooh. Uh, well, | 请让我来管理 |
[04:20] | there are no openings in our administration right now. | 我们的行政部门现在没有空缺 |
[04:22] | And even if there were, you aren’t eligible. | 就算有 你也不够资格 |
[04:24] | Because I’m a woman? | 因为我是女人? |
[04:26] | Because you don’t have a master’s degree. | 因为你没有硕士学位 |
[04:28] | It takes a couple of years to earn, so come back then. | 要花几年时间才能拿到 到时候再来吧 |
[04:30] | I don’t have years. | 我没有那么多时间 |
[04:32] | I need to be in control now while myson goes here. | 我得在现在我儿子读书期间就来管理 |
[04:36] | Who cares about other kids? | 谁会关心其他孩子? |
[04:37] | I do. AMY: Ahem. | 我会关心 |
[04:41] | Oh, Jessica. | 洁西卡 |
[04:42] | Is Eddie in trouble again? | 艾迪又惹麻烦了吗? |
[04:45] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知并没有 |
[04:47] | Mrs. Chestnut, what brings you in? | 查斯纳女士 |
[04:49] | My son’s new school would like his transcripts. Today. | 什么风把你吹来了? 我儿子的新学校今天需要他的成绩单 |
[04:52] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[04:54] | Normally, it takes about three days | 通常处理申请要花三天左右的时间 |
[04:56] | to process the request –[chuckles] Principal Mathis, | 玛缇丝校长 |
[04:59] | I think we both know that, as outgoing PTA president, | 我们以为我们都知道 |
[05:02] | I still have plenty of power here. | 作为即将卸任的家长教师会主席 我在这里仍然有很大的权力 |
[05:04] | I would hate for something to happen | 我不希望你希望我们赞助的 |
[05:06] | to that new teachers’ lounge you wanted us to fund. | 新教师休息室出什么差错 |
[05:09] | Or perhaps you likesitting on piles of blankets. | 或者你喜欢坐在一堆毯子上休息 |
[05:12] | [chuckles nervously] By 5:00 okay? | 下午五点给你可以吗? |
[05:15] | How about 4:30? | 四点半怎么样? |
[05:17] | ♪♪ | |
[05:20] | Teacher boss. | 老师之头 |
[05:22] | How’s everyone doing saving up for wheels? | 大家为了买车攒多少钱了? |
[05:24] | We all need cars by senior year | 高三的时候我们都需要汽车 |
[05:26] | so we can stand next to them in the parking lot. | 在停车场 我们就能站在车旁边了 |
[05:28] | I’m well on my way. | 我正在攒钱 |
[05:29] | Scored a babysitting job this weekend. | 我这周末找了份保姆的工作 |
[05:31] | You babysit? What kids are gonna listen to you? | 你能照顾孩子? |
[05:33] | You’re so little. | 孩子会听你的吗?你太小了 |
[05:35] | My trick is to pretend to be one of them at first | 我的诀窍是 |
[05:37] | to gain their trust. | 先假装是他们中的一员 然后再获得他们的信任 |
[05:38] | So how’s the job search, Trent? | 特伦特 你怎么找工作的? |
[05:40] | I have a few irons in the fire. | 我同时申请了很多工作 |
[05:41] | The good people at Spencer’s Gifts | 斯宾塞礼品公司的好心人 |
[05:43] | agreed to keep my résumé on file. | 同意保留我的简历 |
[05:45] | Hey, chin up. Something’ll come to you. | 嘿 振作起来 总会找到工作的 |
[05:47] | As for me, I’m knee deep in jobs. | 至于我 我现在工作缠身 |
[05:49] | My dad asked me to come back to Cattleman’s, | 我爸让我回到牛仔餐厅工作 |
[05:51] | but I’m too busy killing it at the mattress store. | 但是床垫店的工作太忙了 |
[05:53] | I overheard my boss mention something about a promotion. | 我无意中听到老板要给我升职 |
[05:56] | Okay! Nice. | 好的 太棒了 |
[05:58] | ♪ Come to Beds! Beds! Beds! and buy a bed ♪ | 快来“床!床!床!”床垫店 买个床垫吧 |
[06:01] | Hey, tell us a riddle! | 嘿 给我们讲个谜语! |
[06:03] | No. | -不要 |
[06:05] | Tell us a riddle! | -讲个谜语! |
[06:06] | This promotion sucks. | 这次升职太糟糕了 |
[06:08] | That’s not a riddle. | 这不是个谜语! |
[06:10] | Ow!Come on. | 我们走 |
[06:12] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要那样做? |
[06:14] | [indistinct conversations] | |
[06:16] | I’m not here to make friends. Oh, look who decided to take an interest in the PTA. | 我来这里不是为了交朋友 |
[06:24] | ♪♪ -Shh. -Shh! | 看看是谁最终决定 |
[06:28] | ♪♪ | 对家长教师会感兴趣了 |
[06:31] | She has them trained. Respect. | 她把这些人训练得不错 佩服 |
[06:35] | Hey, Meatball. I’m here to take over. | 你好 肉丸 |
[06:38] | How do I become president? | 我是来接管的 怎么做才能成为主席? |
[06:39] | It’s Jamie. | 我叫洁米 |
[06:41] | I brought meatballs to the HOA once. | 我就带过一次肉丸而已 |
[06:43] | Normally, we have elections, | 通常我们有选举 |
[06:45] | but since Amy’s leaving mid-term, | 但是由于艾咪要在任期中离职 |
[06:48] | she’s naming her own replacement. | 所以她自己任命继任者 |
[06:50] | Ugh. Are you sure Amy has to give me the job? | 你确定艾咪会把这份工作给我吗? |
[06:52] | Yep. Sure as my name is Jamie. | 当然 就像我叫洁米一样确定 |
[06:55] | But we hate each other. | 但是我们讨厌彼此 |
[06:56] | I mean, how is that gonna work, Meatball? | 肉丸 |
[06:58] | It’s Jamie. | 这怎么可能啊? 我叫洁米 |
[07:00] | Heads up. I’m in a mood. | 当心点 |
[07:02] | ♪♪ | 我要生气了 |
[07:06] | Okay, okay, okay. You win. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 你赢了 |
[07:08] | I sweet-talked Harv, | 我给哈夫说了好话 调了几个班 |
[07:11] | moved some shifts around, and bada bing, bada boom, | 乒乒乓乓 |
[07:12] | I can help you out again. | 我又可以来帮你了 |
[07:13] | Let’s talk numbers. | 让我们先谈一下薪水 |
[07:15] | I’m sure you’ll find this more than fair. | 我肯定这次你会觉得很划算 |
[07:18] | ♪♪ | |
[07:20] | Oh! Hmm. | |
[07:22] | So kind of you to offer, Eddie, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[07:23] | but I already found a replacement. | 艾迪 但是我已经找到了代班的人 |
[07:25] | Howdy-doo, Eddie. Table for one? | 你好 艾迪 单人桌可以吗? |
[07:28] | What? | 什么? |
[07:31] | So I told you I turned this job down, and then you took it? | 我告诉你我拒绝了这份工作 然后你就来应聘了? |
[07:35] | Isn’t it great? One man’s trash | 很棒对吧?一个人的垃圾却是 |
[07:37] | is another man’s gainful employment. | 另一个人来之不易的工作 |
[07:39] | [chuckles] Uh, you don’t mind, do you, Eddie? | 艾迪 |
[07:41] | Pfft, why would I mind? | 你不会介意吧?你会吗? |
[07:43] | I’m so busy at the mattress store with this big promosh, | 我为什么会介意? |
[07:45] | so…Oh, great! [chuckles] | 床垫店里的升职让我太忙了 |
[07:47] | You know, I had no idea that Trent here | 太棒了!我都不知道特伦特 |
[07:49] | was such a consummate professional. | 是如此的完美与专业 |
[07:51] | Louis, stop. I’m blushing. | -路易斯 别说了 |
[07:53] | “Louis”? I know. | 我都要脸红了 -“路易斯”? |
[07:55] | The first-name basis felt weird at first, | 我明白 一开始直接叫名字 |
[07:57] | but since we’re co-workers, Louis insisted. [chuckles] | 确实有点奇怪 但是既然我们成为了同事 路易斯坚持让我叫他的名字 |
[08:00] | Well, it seems like this is going well. | 看起来进展得很顺利 |
[08:01] | “Well”? I’d say it’s going “good”! | “顺利”?是顺利极了 |
[08:03] | Watch this. | 快看 |
[08:04] | -Huh! Huh! Huh!! | -Huh! Huh! Huh!! |
[08:07] | Oh, wow, special shake, first day. | 哇 第一天就有专属手势 |
[08:10] | [chuckling] Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:13] | Look, your daughter is a hot mess, okay? | 听着 你的女儿是一团糟 |
[08:15] | You have to stop bringing her to things. | 好吗? 你不要再纵容她了 |
[08:17] | Hey, girl. Wow. Great president-ing up there. | 嘿 美女 哇 伟大的主席站在这里 |
[08:20] | What do you want? | 你想要干什么?隔着一英里 |
[08:21] | I can smell the desperation a mile away. | 都能闻到你的绝望 |
[08:23] | I heard you’re naming a new PTA president | 听说你要任命新的家长教师会主席 |
[08:25] | before you move to Pigeon Town. | 在你搬到鸽子镇之前 |
[08:26] | I want the job. | 我想要这份工作 |
[08:27] | Why would I pick you? | 我为什么要选你? |
[08:29] | Because I am the best woman for the job. | 因为我是最适合这份工作的女人 |
[08:32] | I know I can fix this garbage dump of a school | 我知道如果我能当上主席 |
[08:34] | if I am president. | 我就可以整顿学校里的垃圾们了 |
[08:35] | Well, you know, I would really love to consider you, | 嗯 我真的很原意考虑你 |
[08:40] | but I’m just busy. Yeah. | 但是我太忙了 |
[08:42] | I mean, remember? I’m here all alone, | 还记得我一个人在这里的时候 |
[08:44] | and I don’t have anyone helping me with my move, | 没有一个人来帮我搬家 |
[08:46] | not even someone who “likes hard work.” | 就连“喜欢努力工作”的某人也没来 |
[08:51] | Would you like me to help? | -需要我帮忙吗? |
[08:52] | Oh, I couldn’t ask you to do that. | -我不能这么麻烦你 |
[08:55] | Please. I would love to. | 拜托 我很愿意帮忙 |
[08:57] | My place tomorrow. 8:00 a.m. sharp. | 明天早上八点整到我家 |
[08:59] | Come ready to lift. | 准备好搬东西 |
[09:00] | ♪♪ Oh, let me guess. Chilli from TLC? | 让我猜猜是TLC乐队的红辣椒? |
[09:07] | What? No. | 不是 |
[09:08] | I have to spend the whole day helping Amy Chestnut pack, | 我要花一整天的时间 去帮艾咪查斯纳打包 |
[09:10] | because she holds my dreams in her cold, white hands. | 因为她冰冷的白人手里握着我的梦想 |
[09:12] | Mm, I dream sometimes about | 我有时会梦到一个女巫 |
[09:14] | a witch with cold hands trying to grab me. | 伸出冰冷的双手 试图抓住我 |
[09:16] | Subconsciously –Later, Louis. | -潜意识里… -路易斯 之后再说 |
[09:17] | I can’t give you whatever it is you need right now. | 你现在需要什么我都没时间帮你 |
[09:20] | I think the witch is my mother.[door opens, closes] | 我觉得那个女巫是我妈妈 |
[09:22] | There he is… | 他在这里…我的爸爸 |
[09:24] | my dad, Louis! | 路易斯! |
[09:26] | I was just laughing about this funny time | 我只是在笑我和你 |
[09:28] | you and I had working at Cattleman’s. | 曾在牛仔屋工作的那段时光 |
[09:30] | Remember, with the food? | 还记得吗?还有那些美食? |
[09:31] | [chuckles]Oh, the past was fun, wasn’t it? | 过去的那段时光很有趣 不是吗? |
[09:34] | Um, yeah, sure. | 是的 |
[09:35] | I-I thought you said you didn’tlike it. | 没错 我记得你说你不喜欢 |
[09:37] | I did. I did say that. | 没错 我说过 |
[09:39] | But as yousaid, we’ve both matured, | 但正如你说我们都成熟了 |
[09:41] | so I’m happy to come back and help. | 所以我很高兴能回来帮你 |
[09:43] | I appreciate that, but you were right. | 我很感激 |
[09:45] | You are your own man. | 但是你是对的 你是个独立的大人了 |
[09:46] | You shouldn’t have to be my deputy. | 你不必要来帮忙 |
[09:48] | [chuckles] Plus, Trent is working out great. | 另外 |
[09:49] | Is he, though? | 特伦特干得很不错 真的吗?就他? |
[09:51] | Look, I love Trent. | 听着 我喜欢特伦特 |
[09:53] | Great guy. Salt of the earth. | 他是个好人 诚实又善良 |
[09:55] | But he’s an amateur. | 但是他很业余 |
[09:56] | There’s no shame in kicking that Celtic fireball to the curb. | 把他辞退了没什么不好意思的 |
[09:58] | Kick him to the curb? But he’s doing a phenomenal job. | 把他辞退? 但是他干得非常棒 |
[10:02] | Look. Trent solved our trout-surplus problem | 听着 特伦特通过半价鳟鱼沙拉消费券 |
[10:05] | by running a coupon for half off of “Trout Salad,” | 解决了我们鳟鱼过剩问题 |
[10:07] | a dish he invented. | |
[10:08] | See, what he does is, he takes a piece of trout | 他做的是 把鳟鱼片放在… |
[10:11] | and he puts it on top of –Salad. | 沙拉上 我明白了 |
[10:13] | Got it.He also came up with the great idea for Cattleman’s | 他还想出一个非常棒的主意 |
[10:15] | to offer a delivery option. | 让牛仔餐厅提供外卖服务 |
[10:17] | And he got me this mug. | 他还送给我这个杯子 |
[10:20] | [laughs] This all worked out for the best. | 这一切都是最好的结果 |
[10:22] | Mm. Ouch. | 最好的老板 |
[10:24] | Mm. | |
[10:25] | [chuckles] | 不是很实用 |
[10:27] | It’s not practical, but it makes my heart happy. | 但是让我很开心 |
[10:29] | I’m not bleeding, am I? | 我没有流血吧?没有吧? |
[10:30] | [sighs deeply] | |
[10:32] | [sighs] | |
[10:34] | Well, that’s the last of it. | 好了 这是最后一个箱子 |
[10:36] | You’re the first adult woman I’ve met | 你是我见过的第一个 |
[10:37] | with nine boxes of horse toys. | 有整整九箱玩具马的成年女性 |
[10:39] | I wanted a daughter. | 我想生个女孩 |
[10:42] | Well…all good things must come to an end, | 好啦 总有曲终人散的时候 |
[10:45] | even a day of hard labor | 即使是只有两次喝水休息的辛苦劳作 |
[10:47] | with only two small timed breaks for water. | |
[10:49] | I couldn’t have done it without you. | 没有你我不可能做到 |
[10:53] | What have we here? Ah. | 这是什么? |
[10:55] | Your résumé? | 你的简历? |
[10:57] | So it is. | 确实是 |
[10:58] | Maybe now you have time to consider me as your replacement. | 也许现在你有时间 |
[11:01] | Ooh, very qualified. | 考虑让我继承你的位置了 我能完美胜任哦 |
[11:04] | I do see that you have experience selling furniture. | 我确实看到了你有卖家具的经验 |
[11:07] | That’s your biggest takeaway? | 那是你最大的收获? |
[11:08] | Where’s your head, Chestnut? | 查斯纳 你的脑子呢? |
[11:09] | Well, I can’t schlep everything to Pigeon Forge. | 但是我不能把所有东西都带到鸽子谷 |
[11:12] | So before I name my next president, | 所以在任命下一届主席之前 |
[11:15] | I’m gonna have to sell some furniture. | 我需要卖些家具 |
[11:18] | Would you like me to help? | -你需要我帮忙吗? |
[11:20] | Oh, I couldn’t ask you to do that. | -我不能这么麻烦你 |
[11:21] | No, I insist. | 不 我想帮你 |
[11:23] | Treat yourself to three minutes worth of water. | 你有三分钟自己喝水休息的时间 |
[11:25] | The cash box and pricing stickers are in the garage. | 现金箱和定价标签在车库里 |
[11:27] | ♪♪ [scoffs] Why can’t they make a decent shoelace? | 他们就不能做一条像样的鞋带? |
[11:34] | It’s the economy, stupid! | 傻瓜 这就是经济啊! |
[11:36] | Yeah, like yesterday. | 是的 |
[11:38] | ♪♪ | 和昨天一样的段子 |
[11:41] | [sighs] | 为什么你这行动这么奇怪呀? |
[11:43] | I’m trying to make him laugh since he said I’m not funny. | 我在努力逗他笑 因为他说我不幽默 我喜欢粗俗滑稽剧 你知道 像踩在耙子上 |
[11:51] | I don’t get it. Emery loved that line yesterday. | 我不懂 艾默利喜欢昨天的段子 |
[12:02] | [imitates laughter] Hmm? | 也许你这套太旧了 你需要有点新的材料 也许你可以借我那个“踩耙子” |
[12:05] | [school bell rings] | |
[12:07] | -Hey, buddy. -[gasps] | 嘿 兄弟 没看见你在那 |
[12:09] | Didn’t see you there. | 艾迪!你知道我讨厌惊吓 |
[12:11] | Eddie, you know I hate jump scares. | 艾迪!你知道我讨厌惊吓 |
[12:13] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[12:14] | Your resignation letter for Cattleman’s. | 牛仔餐厅的辞职信 |
[12:16] | I don’t want to resign. I love working for your dad. | 我不想被辞退 我喜欢给你爸爸工作 |
[12:19] | [scoffs] Come on. | 拜托 |
[12:20] | I know how annoying he can be. So clingy and controlling. | 我知道他有多烦人 他黏人又有控制欲 |
[12:23] | He’s not like that with me. | 他和我一起工作的时候不是那样的 |
[12:26] | Well, if he isn’t now, he will be soon. Then what? | 他现在不是 但他很快就是了 那个时候你怎么办? |
[12:28] | Then we’ll talk it out like adults. | -那时我会像成人一样和他聊聊 |
[12:29] | That’s a stupid plan. | -真是个愚蠢的计划 |
[12:31] | It’s not like you to write a whole letter | 满怀善意地写一整封信这太不像你了 |
[12:33] | out of the goodness of your heart. | |
[12:35] | What’s really going on? | 到底出什么事了? |
[12:35] | [sighs] Beds! Beds! Beds! has gone south. | “床!床!床!”床垫店彻底疯了 |
[12:38] | They’re forcing me to sweat my face off | 他们强迫我穿恶心的床垫服装 |
[12:40] | in that gross mattress costume. | 我每天都满头大汗 |
[12:41] | Someone even spilled spaghetti on the inside. | 还有人把意大利面洒进我的服装里 |
[12:45] | It was me. | 是我自己 |
[12:45] | [sighs] Sounds bleak. | 听起来太糟糕了 |
[12:48] | Look, since my dad offered me the job first, | 听着 既然是我爸爸先把工作给我的 |
[12:50] | you should do the honorable thing and step aside. | 那你就应该做件光荣的事 把工作让给我 |
[12:51] | I can’t. | -我不能 |
[12:53] | What do you mean? It’s only a temporary job. | -什么意思? |
[12:56] | How long do you expect it to last? | 这只是份兼职 你还指望着做多久? |
[12:57] | Forever. He made it permanent. | 永远 他让我一直做下去 |
[12:58] | Your dad made me his deputy. | 经理助理 你的爸爸让我做了他的助理 |
[13:02] | [exhales sharply] | |
[13:03] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go run our next coupon. | 不好意思 我现在要去打印新优惠券 |
[13:06] | This is just a mockup, but I’ll honor it, because I know you. | 这只是个玩笑 但我尊重你 因为我知道你是什么样的人 |
[13:09] | Chin up, Eddie. Something’ll come to you. | 振作起来 艾迪 你总会找到工作的 |
[13:14] | ♪♪ | 特价!买牛排 送苏打水 |
[13:18] | [indistinct conversations] | |
[13:20] | Buy the couch. Rest your old bones. | 把沙发买了吧 让你的老骨头休息下 |
[13:24] | Do you accept checks?Cash only. | 接受支票付款吗? |
[13:25] | I’ll hold it for you for 10 minutes. | 只接受现金 |
[13:27] | Leave your watch. | 把你的手表留下来 我可以等你十分钟 |
[13:28] | [sighs] | |
[13:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:31] | This is actually going pretty well. | 进展非常顺利 |
[13:34] | I forgot how much I enjoy making people buy things | 我已经忘记了我是多么享受 |
[13:36] | they clearly don’t want or need. | -让别人买他们不需要不想要的东西 |
[13:37] | Yeah. | -是啊 |
[13:41] | So, about the PTA presidency, I — | 那么 关于家长教师会主席的事… |
[13:44] | Mom, why are you selling our stuff | 妈妈 |
[13:46] | if we’re only moving across town? | 我们只是搬到隔壁镇上 为什么你要把东西都卖掉? |
[13:48] | You haven’t told him about Dollywood? | 你还没给他说要搬到多莉坞吗? |
[13:50] | I can’t. He loves it here. | 我说不出口 |
[13:53] | He would be crushed.I get it. | 他喜欢这里 他会崩溃的 |
[13:54] | I did the same thing with my boys when we left D.C. | 我明白 当我们离开华盛顿的时候 我也是这么和我的儿子说的 |
[13:57] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你 |
[13:58] | No, I’m his mom. | -不用 我是他的妈妈 |
[14:00] | I should — I insist. | 我应该… -我来帮你 |
[14:04] | Max, | 麦斯 |
[14:06] | what if I told you about a magical place | 如果我告诉你有一个神奇的地方 |
[14:08] | with roller coasters and country music | 那里有过山车和乡村音乐 |
[14:11] | ruled by a big-bosomed lady | 被一个好心肠的女士管理 |
[14:13] | who gives free books to all children? | 她会给孩子们赠送书籍 怎么样? |
[14:16] | What? That’s not real. | -什么?那是假的 |
[14:18] | Oh, it is real. | -千真万确 |
[14:20] | And your dad’s already there. | 你的爸爸已经在那里了 |
[14:22] | ♪♪ | |
[14:27] | [slurps] | |
[14:28] | Whoo! Hot and fast. | 又热又快 |
[14:29] | Hey, Dad. Here’s the paper. | 嘿 爸爸 给你报纸 |
[14:31] | [chuckles] | |
[14:33] | Let’s see how Trent’s coupon looks in print. | 让我们来看看 特伦特的优惠券打印出来的样子 |
[14:35] | ♪♪ | 买苏打水 免费赠送一份牛排! |
[14:37] | “Buy a soda, get a steakfree”?! | “买苏打水 免费赠送牛排”? |
[14:40] | Trent must have flipped the deal by mistake! Oh, no! | 特伦特一定不小心搞反了 |
[14:42] | Maybe he’s not as perfect and professional as you thought. | 不!也许他不像 你想象中那么完美又专业 |
[14:44] | Oh, this is bad. | 太糟糕了 |
[14:45] | Maybe no one saw the coupon yet. | 也许还没人看到这个优惠券 |
[14:47] | [indistinct shouting]This is a simple case of a coupon switcheroo. | 这是一场突如其来的优惠券混乱 |
[14:50] | How ’bout I honor the original deal, | 不如我们按照原来的方法 |
[14:52] | which was buy a steak, get a sodafree?! | 买一份牛排 送一杯苏打水 |
[14:55] | Deal?ALL: No! | 怎么样? -不行! -没门! |
[14:58] | Trent, what have you done? | 特伦特! 你都做了什么? |
[15:00] | I feel this is a bad time, | 我觉得现在不是时候 |
[15:01] | but I have that coupon, too, so… | 但我也有那张优惠券 所以… |
[15:10] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样?我检查了一百次 |
[15:11] | I proofread that puppy a hundred times. | |
[15:13] | We’ll talk later, but for now, we have to honor this coupon. | 我们待会儿再聊 但是现在 我们需要兑现这张优惠券 |
[15:16] | I’ll get more steaks. Eddie, help Trent. | 我去多拿更多的牛排 艾迪 |
[15:17] | We need all hands on deck! | 你协助特伦特 我们需要大量人手 |
[15:19] | No problem, Dad. I’m your guy. | 没问题爸爸 我是你的人 |
[15:21] | [indistinct conversations] | |
[15:23] | It was you. You did this. | -是你 |
[15:25] | Did what? | 是你干的 -我干什么了? |
[15:28] | You called the paper and messed with my coupon | 你打给报社 |
[15:30] | because you couldn’t stand to see us happy together. | 让他们搞砸了我的优惠券 因为你受不了看我们一起快乐地工作 |
[15:31] | Pfft, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:32] | You’re jealous I’m working with your dad. | 你嫉妒我和你爸爸一起工作 |
[15:34] | You’re jealous I’m working with yourdad! What? | 你嫉妒我和你爸爸一起工作! |
[15:37] | I thought we could all be professionals about this, | 什么?我还以为 我们能专业地对待这件事 |
[15:39] | but I guess not. | 但是我猜错了 |
[15:41] | [sighs] Enjoy your father. | 享受和你爸爸工作的时光吧 |
[15:43] | [indistinct shouting] | |
[15:46] | Where’s Trent? | 特伦特去哪了? |
[15:48] | He quit. Couldn’t handle the pressure. | 他辞职了 他承受不了压力 |
[15:50] | What?! Not T-Bone! | 什么?小特别走啊! |
[15:52] | Uh, uh, here, take these steaks to table 7. | 拿着 把这些送到七号桌 |
[15:54] | Oh, and thanks for being here, Eddie. | 艾迪 谢谢你在这里帮忙 |
[15:56] | No problem, Boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[15:59] | If I were table 7… | 如果我是七号桌的顾客… |
[16:00] | ♪♪ | |
[16:04] | Get ready to laugh. | 准备好笑吧! |
[16:07] | [sighs] Oh, boy. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[16:09] | [as James Carville] As with mosquitos, horseflies, | 与蚊子、马蝇和其他吸血寄生虫一样 |
[16:11] | and other blood-sucking parasites, | |
[16:13] | Kenneth Starr was born in stagnant water. | 肯尼思史塔也出生于死水 |
[16:17] | It’s better to be married to someone who hates your politics | 与其和讨厌你妈妈的人结婚 |
[16:19] | than someone who hates your mama. | 还不如和你政治立场对立的人结婚 |
[16:20] | [normal voice] Eh? | 一样不好笑 |
[16:22] | Ah, same thing, but longer. | 但是段子更长了 |
[16:25] | Seriously?! | 你认真的吗?我花了三十五美元 |
[16:26] | I spent $35 | 做了专业的光头造型 |
[16:27] | on a professional-grade bald cap for nothing? | 也没让你笑? |
[16:29] | I didn’t mean to insult you. | 我不是故意侮辱你 |
[16:31] | I just meant that you’re not the funny one | 我只是说你不是搞笑的人 |
[16:33] | because I’mthe funny one. | 因为我才是搞笑的人 |
[16:35] | Why can’t we both be funny? | 为什么我们不能都搞笑? |
[16:36] | I mean, I read all those joke books. | 我看了所有笑话书 |
[16:38] | True funny guys don’t need books. | 真正搞笑的人才不需要看那些书 我们骨子里就很搞笑 |
[16:40] | We’ve got jokes in our bones. | 嘿 搞笑的男人 去给我拿一瓶啤酒 |
[16:46] | Watch this. | 快看 |
[16:48] | Ow![Evan and Grandma laugh] | |
[16:50] | Why is there a rake in here?! | 这为什么有个耙子在这里? |
[16:53] | Slapstick! [laughs] | 滑稽剧! |
[16:54] | [door closes] | |
[16:56] | Amy, I’m back. | 艾咪 我回来了 |
[16:57] | Oh, hey, thanks for getting the pizza. | 嘿 谢谢你买了披萨 |
[16:59] | I don’t trust delivery men. | 我不信任快递员 |
[17:01] | They’re always hitting on me. | 他们总是搭讪我 |
[17:02] | So, I will see you tomorrow at the PTA meeting, | 明天我们会在家长教师会会议上见面 |
[17:06] | where I very much hope you will name me president. | 我非常希望你能提名我当主席 |
[17:09] | Whoa, wait. I read on your résumé | 等一下 |
[17:12] | that you have some real-estate experience. | 我看了你的简历 你有房地产相关经历? |
[17:13] | Would you like to stay and go through these | 你愿意留下来和我一起 |
[17:15] | real-estate listings with me? | 看这些房地产传单吗? |
[17:16] | Seriously? | 你在逗我吗? |
[17:17] | I mean, we can’t live in the Dollywood Hotel forever. | 我们不能永远住在多莉坞的酒店里 |
[17:19] | There is a wig shop in the lobby. | 在大厅里有居然一家假发店 |
[17:22] | I packed up your house, sold your furniture, made you dinner. | 我给你打包了行李 给你卖了家具 还给你买了晚餐 |
[17:26] | Haven’t I done enough? | -我做的还不够吗! |
[17:28] | Well, you’ve done more than enough, | -是的 你做的足够了 |
[17:29] | which is why I thought you might like to stay | 这就是我觉得你想留下来 |
[17:32] | and share a 2-liter | 和我喝两升无咖啡因根汁汽水的原因 |
[17:33] | of caffeine-free diet root beer with me. | |
[17:37] | You know, we could have some fun. | 我们会玩的很开心 |
[17:38] | Fun? You want to have fun with me? | 开心?你想和我玩的开心? |
[17:40] | I thought we hated each other. | 我以为我们讨厌彼此 |
[17:42] | Well, look, I thought so, too, | 听着 |
[17:44] | but then you helped me talk to Max. | 我也以为是这样 但是当时你帮我和麦斯说了这件事 |
[17:46] | Any mom would have done that. | 每个母亲都会这样做的 |
[17:48] | I don’t know about that, | 我不知道别人会不会 |
[17:49] | but you did, and it meant a lot to me. | 但是你做了 这对我意义重大 |
[17:52] | You know, you and I aren’t so different. | 你知道 你和我没什么不同 |
[17:54] | Said the Mormon to the Chinese lady. | 一个摩门教徒居然能 对中国女人说出这样的话 |
[17:56] | But maybe you’re right. | 但也许你是对的 |
[17:58] | You’re a strong, small, scary woman | 你是个坚强、瘦小又恐怖的女人 |
[18:00] | who would do anything for her kid. | 为了你的孩子你什么都做得出来 |
[18:03] | We are pretty similar. | 我们很像 |
[18:04] | Which is why I know | 这也是我知道 |
[18:06] | you will make an excellent PTA president. | 你会成为一名优秀的主席的原因 |
[18:09] | Ah, I got the job?! | 我得到了这份工作? |
[18:11] | You got the job! | -你得到了这份工作 |
[18:12] | Oh, yes! | -太好了! |
[18:14] | Do we have to hug? | 我们要抱一抱吗? |
[18:15] | I’d rather not. Good. | -我觉得不需要 -很好 |
[18:19] | Thanks.All right, Pops. | -谢谢你 |
[18:20] | Throw up some horns. | -好了 |
[18:22] | Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Huh, huh, huh. | 爸爸 来握个手吧 |
[18:25] | Sorry, I’m just not in the mood. | 抱歉 |
[18:28] | ♪♪ | 我只是没心情 |
[18:31] | [Paula Cole’s Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?plays] | |
[18:36] | TRENT AND LOUIS: Huh! Huh! Huh!!♪ Where is my John Wayne?♪ | 我的约翰韦恩在哪里? |
[18:41] | ♪ Where is my prairie song?♪ | 我的草原之歌在哪里? |
[18:44] | ♪ Where is my happy ending?♪ | 我的美满结局在哪里? |
[18:48] | ♪ Where have all the cowboys gone?♪ | 牛仔们都去哪里了? |
[18:54] | ♪♪ | 海鲜公司 |
[18:59] | ♪ I will raise the children♪ | 我会抚养孩子们长大 |
[19:02] | ♪ If you pay all the bills♪ | 如果你支付所有的账单 |
[19:07] | ♪ Where is my John Wayne?♪ | 我的约翰韦恩在哪里? |
[19:09] | EDDIE: Dad. | 爸爸 你想特伦特了吗? |
[19:10] | [music stops] | 爸爸 |
[19:12] | Do you miss Trent? | 你想特伦特了吗? |
[19:13] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个? |
[19:16] | Oh. | 玉米浓汤 特伦特沙拉 |
[19:18] | Every time I find someone who shares my passion | 每次我发现有人和我一样 |
[19:20] | for this place, they leave. | 热爱这个地方时 他们就会离开 |
[19:21] | I’m beginning to think there’s something wrong with me. | 我开始想这是不是我的问题 |
[19:23] | Dad, there’s nothing wrong with you. | 爸爸 这不是你的问题 |
[19:27] | I’m the reason why Trent left. | 我才是特伦特离开的原因 |
[19:29] | I sabotaged his coupon. | 我故意毁了他的优惠券 |
[19:30] | What? Why would you do that? | 什么?你为什么要那样做? |
[19:33] | The truth is, the mattress store isn’t what I thought | 事实上床垫店不是我想象的那样 |
[19:35] | it would be, and when I saw you working with Trent, | 当我看到特伦特和你一起工作 |
[19:38] | I got jealous. | 我嫉妒了 |
[19:39] | You almost bankrupted Cattleman’s for me? | 你为了我差点让牛仔餐厅破产? |
[19:42] | ♪♪ | |
[19:44] | Wait, I thought you wanted to be your own man. | 但我以为你想成为独立的大人 |
[19:46] | I did. I still do. | 确实 我现在还是 |
[19:47] | But I just didn’t like the feeling of being replaced. | 但是我不喜欢被替代的感觉 |
[19:50] | I could never replace you, Eddie. | 艾迪 |
[19:53] | ♪♪ | 你永远都不会被替代的 |
[19:55] | I don’t see why Cattleman’s can’t have three pard’ners. | 我不明白为什么 |
[19:57] | Huh! Huh! Huh!!Huh! Huh! Huh!!Huh! Huh! Huh!! | 牛仔餐厅不能有三个好搭档 |
[20:00] | Trent, I’m sorry I let my jealousy | 特伦特 我很抱歉 |
[20:02] | get in the way of our friendship. It’s okay. | 我的妒忌破坏了我们的友谊 没关系 |
[20:04] | I never meant to get in the way of you and your dad. | 我也不是故意 破坏你们父子关系的 |
[20:06] | Ready to get back in the saddle? | -准备好回到马鞍上了吗? |
[20:08] | Giddy up, Lou! | -准备好了 阿路 |
[20:09] | So, are Eddie and I gonna split hours? | 那么我和艾迪要分开工作吗? |
[20:11] | I have a better idea. | 我有个好主意 |
[20:13] | It’s true. That’s his idea smile. | 真的 他有什么想法的时候会那样笑 |
[20:15] | You got me a car? | -你给我买了辆车? |
[20:17] | Sort of. ♪♪ | -差不多吧 |
[20:22] | Your new job is to drive for Cattleman’s Delivery. | 你的新工作是派送牛仔餐厅的外卖 |
[20:24] | But I’m only 15. | 但我才十五岁 |
[20:26] | I can’t drive without another adult in the car. | 没有大人陪同我不能开车上路 |
[20:28] | Grandma has generously agreed | 奶奶乐意在你十六岁之前 当你的永久副驾 作为交换条件 |
[20:30] | to be permanent shotgun until you’re 16. | 我要求无限次的来德爱药店代驾 我需要棉花球 我用的很快啊 |
[20:46] | Surprise! Oh! | 惊喜! |
[20:48] | I am your boss now. | 现在我是你的老大 |
[20:49] | I am the newly appointed PTA president, | 我是新上任的家长教师会主席 |
[20:53] | so I look forward to reigning over the students, | 所以我期待着统治学生们 |
[20:56] | the parents, the teachers, | 家长们和老师们 |
[20:58] | and, of course, you. Mmm. | 当然还有你 |
[21:00] | [chuckles] | |
[21:04] | Ow. Has anyone seen my Boss mug? | 有谁看到我的老大水杯了吗? |
[21:08] | It’s in there. EVAN: Yeah. Yep. | -在那里 |
[21:10] | Oh. Ow! Ohh![laughter] | -是的 |
[21:15] | Why is there a rake in here?! | 为什么耙子会在这里? |
[21:17] | The only thing funnier than one rake is two. | 比踩一次耙子更搞笑的事是 踩两次耙子 |
[21:20] | [laughter] | |
[21:22] | [exhales sharply] | |
[21:23] | I was wrong. Grandma’s the funny one. | 我错了 |
[21:25] | [laughs] | |
[21:29] | –Captions by VITAC– | 奶奶才是搞笑的人 |