时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | That’s a beautiful Talavera Spanish tile design, Mommy. | 好漂亮的西班牙 塔拉维拉瓷砖风格图案呀 妈妈 |
[00:09] | Oh, thank you, Evan. | 谢谢 艾文 |
[00:10] | And that is a beautiful reproduction | 那这个就是 |
[00:12] | of “A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.” | 《大碗岛的星期天下午》 的完美复制品啦 |
[00:15] | [ Sighs ] I wish people still wore top hats. | 真希望现在人们还戴高顶帽 |
[00:18] | Oh, me too, Evan. Me too. | 是啊是啊 艾文 |
[00:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:22] | So, the birthday party you two were here for | 您二位中午就来这儿 |
[00:24] | started at noon. | 开生日派对了 |
[00:26] | It’s 7:00 p.m. | 现在已经晚上七点了 |
[00:28] | We’re closing. You need to leave. | 我们要闭店了 您得走了 |
[00:30] | But we’re not finished — We’re closed. | -但我们还没画完… -我们闭店了 |
[00:32] | If you just — My cat needs to eat. | -如果你可以… |
[00:34] | [ Sighs ] Well, I guess we’ll come back | -我家猫还等着喂呢 |
[00:36] | and finish these mugs later at a time | 那我们回家 改天趁你方便的时候 |
[00:37] | that works best for you. | 再画完这几个杯子得了 |
[00:41] | Forgive her. | 别跟她一般计较 |
[00:42] | She doesn’t understand that anything worth doing | 她不明白有意义的事 |
[00:44] | is worth taking the time to do right. | 值得花时间去做好这个道理 |
[00:46] | Yes, Evan. See, this is why you are my star child. | 没错 艾文 不愧是让妈妈骄傲的孩子 |
[00:50] | You excel at everything you do. | 你做什么都做得很棒 |
[00:52] | Most importantly, at school. | 尤其是学校的功课 |
[00:54] | What can I say? School is my thing. | 这有什么好说的? |
[00:56] | I ace everything they throw at me. | 做好学校的功课是应该的 老师扔给我什么作业我都能做好 |
[00:59] | [ School bell rings ] | 亚伯拉罕林肯中学 周五晚拼字比赛 |
[01:00] | [ Indistinct conversations ] | |
[01:08] | Evan: Uh… | 你喜欢我吗? 选择“喜欢”或者“不喜欢” |
[01:11] | …when is this assignment due? | 这个作业什么时候交? |
[01:14] | — Captions by VITAC — | |
[01:16] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:17] | * I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go * | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:19] | * If you don’t know, homey, now you know * | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:21] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:22] | * Homey, you don’t know where I come from * | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:25] | * But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:26] | * I’m fresh off the boat | 《初来乍到》 |
[01:31] | Thank you again, so much, for inviting me over. | 真谢谢你们邀请我过来吃饭 |
[01:34] | It is so nice to have some “me” time | 马尔文带孩子去他爸妈那儿了 |
[01:36] | while Marvin takes the baby to his parents’ house. | 我终于有自己的时间了 |
[01:38] | Parents? | 爸妈? |
[01:40] | How? | 他爸妈还在? |
[01:41] | Actually, since I have | 既然我有几天的“蜜月假期” |
[01:42] | a few more free “Honey days,” | |
[01:44] | does anyone want to go see a movie tomorrow? | 谁明天想跟我一起去看电影? |
[01:46] | Sorry. I can’t. | 不好意思 |
[01:47] | I only see one movie a year, | 我去不了 我一年只看一次电影 |
[01:49] | and I save it for Denzel or Christmas. | 留着看丹泽尔华盛顿 或者圣诞节的时候看 |
[01:51] | ’92 was tough. | 1992年我可犯难了 |
[01:53] | “Malcolm X” and “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York” came out. | 丹泽尔演了《麦尔坎X》和 《小鬼当家2:纽约迷途》两部电影 |
[01:57] | I went with “Malcolm X” | 我看了《麦尔坎X》 |
[01:58] | because I have been lost in New York, | 因为我真的在纽约迷过路 |
[02:01] | and it was horrifying. | 太恐怖了 |
[02:04] | I wish I could, but we’re short-staffed at the restaurant. | 我想去 但店里缺人手 |
[02:06] | Hector has shingles again, | 赫克托又得带状疱疹了 |
[02:07] | so I’m stuck working the grill all week. | 我这一周都得忙活着做烧烤 |
[02:09] | Well, I’m free for a movie, Honey. | 我可以跟你去看电影 哈妮 |
[02:11] | Me, too. | 我也可以 |
[02:13] | As long as I don’t have to sit next to Evan. | 但是别让我坐艾文旁边 |
[02:14] | He’s always pointing out | 每次电影里出现不带钱包的 |
[02:15] | when female extras are not carrying purses. | 龙套女演员的时候他都得唠叨一遍 |
[02:18] | I can’t go anyway. | 我哪儿也不去 |
[02:19] | I have…homework. | 我有作业 |
[02:22] | You’re acting weird. | 你有点不正常啊 |
[02:23] | Why? Because he cares about his schoolwork? | 怎么?对功课上心就是不正常? |
[02:25] | Leave him alone. | 没你的事 |
[02:26] | I’m taking an interest in the boy! | 我越来越对男孩子感兴趣了! |
[02:32] | [ Sighs ] | |
[02:35] | [ Sighs ] | 你喜欢我吗? 选择“喜欢”或者“不喜欢” |
[02:38] | Come on, Evan. Just answer the question. | 拜托 艾文 赶紧回答问题 |
[02:40] | Sicily isn’t gonna wait around forever. | 要不西西莉该等得不耐烦了 |
[02:42] | Women have biological clocks to think of. | 三分钟热度是女人的本性 |
[02:45] | How’s that “homework” going? | “作业”做得怎么样? |
[02:46] | What?! Nothing! | 什么?没什么! |
[02:48] | How long have you been standing there? | 你站这儿多久了? |
[02:50] | Long enough to see what you’ve got there, young lover. | 反正看见你在干什么了 情窦初开的小伙子 |
[02:52] | Why don’t you, as Grandma says, | 你像奶奶说的那样 |
[02:54] | “tend to your own knitting”? | “管好自己的一亩三分地”去行吗? |
[02:56] | Okay. | 行 |
[02:57] | But whatever you do, | 但是 |
[02:58] | don’t tell Dad about that note. | 别管你打算怎么样 千万别让爸爸看那个纸条 |
[03:00] | He loves love so much, | 他对谈恋爱的事太感兴趣了 |
[03:01] | he’ll try too hard to help and ruin everything. | 肯定会想尽一切办法帮你 最后把事情搞砸的 |
[03:04] | Believe me. I don’t plan on telling Dad or Mom about this. | 我根本就没打算把这个告诉爸妈 |
[03:07] | I’m a very private person. | 我很注重自己隐私的 |
[03:09] | I know. I haven’t seen your chest in years. | 我知道 我都好几年 没见你光着小屁股了 |
[03:11] | So, do you like her? | 那你到底喜欢她不? |
[03:13] | I don’t know. What does that even mean? | 我也不知道 喜欢是什么意思? |
[03:16] | Do I think about her constantly? | 我总是想到她吗?是的 |
[03:17] | Yes. | |
[03:18] | Have I named our kids? Yes. | 我给我们俩生的小孩起名了?起了 |
[03:20] | Does she smell like a rainstorm? | 她身上有股暴风雨的味道?没错 |
[03:21] | Of course. | |
[03:22] | But do I like her? | 但是我喜欢她吗?我不知道 |
[03:24] | I don’t know. | 《电子情书》 |
[03:27] | [ Sighs ] | |
[03:30] | Don’t be upset you got outvoted, Eddie. | 别为大家不想看 你喜欢的电影不开心 艾迪 |
[03:32] | You might like “You’ve Got Mail.” | 你会喜欢上《电子情书》的 |
[03:33] | Come on. Who doesn’t want to see “The Waterboy”? | 得了吧 《呆呆向前冲》多好看啊? |
[03:35] | [ As Bobby Boucher ] Now, that’s what I call high-quality H2O. | “这就是我所说的高质量氧化氢” |
[03:38] | Mwah. | |
[03:39] | So, you know | 你们知道谁爱看这种电影吗? |
[03:41] | who would love this movie? | |
[03:43] | Your dad. | 你们老爸 |
[03:44] | [ Normal voice ] Yeah. He’s… | 没错 |
[03:47] | the biggest rom-com fan in town. | 他可是全国最爱看爱情喜剧的人 |
[03:49] | Totally. | 绝对的 |
[03:50] | It’s too bad he couldn’t come with us. Mm. | 他来不了太可惜了 |
[03:55] | Is it? | 真的吗? |
[03:56] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:57] | I didn’t know if you guys knew. | 原来你们也知道啊 |
[03:59] | Dad is the worst with rom-coms. | 跟谁也别跟老爸一起看爱情喜剧 |
[04:01] | Every time he sees one, | 每次他看完 |
[04:02] | he quotes it to death until we all hate it. | 都一个劲儿地说里面的台词 直到我们讨厌那电影为止 |
[04:04] | Remember what happened when we saw “Jerry Maguire”? | 还记得咱们看《甜心先生》那次吗? |
[04:06] | Show me the Honey! | 让我看到哈妮! |
[04:08] | Show me the Honey! | 让我看到哈妮! |
[04:09] | Show me the Honey! | |
[04:11] | I’m right here! I don’t know what you want me to do! | 我就在这儿 你到底要我干什么! |
[04:13] | Ugh. I’m just glad we all agree. | 咱们达成一致了 |
[04:15] | Your dad would’ve totally ruined “You’ve Got Mail” for us. | 要是你们老爸来了的话 肯定会扫咱们的兴 |
[04:18] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 |
[04:19] | Dad? I thought you had to work. | 各位 老爸?你不是要上班吗? |
[04:21] | Oh, a bunch of ladies escaped the women’s prison, | 噢 女子监狱里有几位女士逃跑了 |
[04:24] | so the whole area’s shut down for the night. | 所以整片地区今晚都封了 |
[04:26] | [ Gasps ] Are we seeing “You’ve Got Mail”? | 咱们要看的是《电子情书》? |
[04:28] | Yes! I’ll go get my ticket. | 太棒了!我去买我的票 |
[04:30] | You’ve got mail. | You’ve got mail. 电子情书哟电子情书 |
[04:32] | You’ve got mail. | You’ve got mail. 电子情书哦电子情书 |
[04:34] | It’s ruined. | -真扫兴 -是啊 真扫兴 |
[04:35] | Yeah. It’s ruined. | -真扫兴 -是啊 真扫兴 |
[04:39] | Here are my graded tests for you to sign, Mommy. | 妈妈 我的考卷需要你签字 |
[04:42] | Though you and I both know | 形式嘛 |
[04:43] | this is merely a formality. | 还是得走的 |
[04:45] | Ah, yes. | 啊 是啊 |
[04:46] | My straight-“A” student. | 我的尖子生宝贝 |
[04:48] | Tell me — are the other students jealous? | 告诉妈妈 其他同学嫉妒你不? |
[04:50] | What do they say? What do their faces say? | 他们说什么了吗?他们什么表情? |
[04:54] | Mm, yes. | |
[04:55] | That’s the same jealous face I get | 嗯 |
[04:57] | when I tell people my age. | 我跟别人说我的年龄时 他们就是这个嫉妒的表情 |
[04:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:59] | “A.” | 优 |
[05:01] | Another “A.” | 还是优 |
[05:04] | Another “A.” | 依旧是优 |
[05:08] | Well, you failed this one. | 这个你挂了 |
[05:09] | What?! | 哪个? 你喜欢我吗? |
[05:11] | How’d that get in there? | 选择“喜欢”或者“不喜欢” 怎么会在这里头? |
[05:14] | The correct answer is “no.” | 正确答案是“不喜欢” |
[05:17] | Even “A” students make mistakes every now and then. | 尖子生有时候也犯错误 |
[05:20] | Good thing I caught this one. | 这次让我逮住了还算不错 你喜欢我吗? 喜欢 不喜欢 |
[05:27] | I heard Meg Ryan didn’t own a computer | 我听说梅格瑞恩演这部电影的时候 |
[05:29] | when she booked this role. | 连电脑都没有 |
[05:30] | I got to say, it showed. | 我得说 |
[05:33] | Uh-oh. | 看得出来那是真的 |
[05:34] | Dad stayed through the credits | 老爸连片尾字幕都看了 |
[05:35] | to honor the hard work of the crew | 说是为了向演职人员致敬 |
[05:36] | and see if there are bloopers at the end. | 为了看最后有没有拍摄花絮 |
[05:38] | He must have loved it. | 他肯定喜欢这部电影 |
[05:39] | Well, how could he not? | 他怎么可能不喜欢呢? |
[05:41] | Joe Fox and his corporate Fox Books | 乔福克斯的福克斯书店 |
[05:43] | put local shop owner Kathleen Kelly out of business, | 把女主角凯瑟琳凯莉的书店挤破产了 |
[05:46] | and then they fall in love | 然后他们还在网上坠入爱河了 |
[05:47] | under cloak of the World Wide Web. | |
[05:49] | Mistaken identities, a golden retriever, | 错位的身份 一只大金毛 |
[05:51] | New York in autumn — | 还有秋天的纽约 |
[05:53] | it’s everything he loves in a rom-com. | 这里边可集齐了 他喜欢的所有的爱情喜剧元素啊 |
[05:55] | He’s gonna quote this till I hate Tom Hanks. | 他会一直说里面的台词 说得我讨厌汤姆汉克斯的 |
[05:59] | Hey, there he is. | 嘿 他来了 |
[06:01] | So, what did you think of the movie? | 你觉得这电影怎么样? |
[06:04] | I hated it. | 我讨厌这个电影 |
[06:09] | I see you, Dad. | 我懂你 爸爸 |
[06:15] | So, what do you think is the strongest symbolism | 在你看来哈珀李 在《杀死一只知更鸟》里 |
[06:17] | Harper Lee used in “To Kill a Mockingbird”? | 使用的最明显的象征手法是什么? |
[06:19] | Wow. There’s so much. | 太多了 |
[06:22] | But probably the Gothic details | 但应该是与梅康小镇形成对比的 |
[06:23] | that contrast with the small town of Maycomb | 预示着善良和邪恶将要出现的 |
[06:25] | to foreshadow the presence of good and evil. | 哥特式细节描写吧 |
[06:28] | I hope there’s more where that came from | 我想知道你为什么这么觉得 |
[06:30] | because I am listening. | 我会认真听哦 |
[06:35] | In my own kitchen? | 在我家厨房里? |
[06:37] | Sicily, is it? | 西西莉是吧? |
[06:38] | Yes, it’s nice to — | 是的 很高兴见到… |
[06:40] | Go wait outside. I’ll call you a cab. | 到外边等着去吧 我给你叫个出租 |
[06:41] | I need to speak with my son. | 我有话跟我儿子说 |
[06:47] | I told you you weren’t allowed to date. | 我说过你不能谈恋爱 |
[06:49] | No, you didn’t. | 你没说 |
[06:50] | Well, then, I’m telling you now. | 那我现在跟你说 |
[06:52] | You’re not allowed to date. | 你不能谈恋爱 |
[06:53] | But you don’t even know Sicily. | 但是你都不了解西西莉! |
[06:55] | I don’t need to. | 我不用了解 |
[06:56] | You are not ready to date anyone. | 你现在还不到谈恋爱的时候 |
[06:59] | You need to focus on your education. | 你得把精力放在学业上 |
[07:01] | Girls will only distract from that, | 女孩子只会让你分心 |
[07:02] | and then you can kiss those A’s goodbye. | 那你以后就别想得优了 |
[07:04] | But that’s not fair. | 但这不公平 |
[07:06] | Eddie and Emery were allowed to date when they were my age. | 艾迪和艾默利像我 这么大的时候就可以谈恋爱 |
[07:08] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 |
[07:09] | I didn’t realize you wanted to be | 真对不起 没想到 |
[07:11] | a rapper-tennis-player- flight-attendant. | 你想当个打嘻哈网球的飞机乘务员 |
[07:13] | And where are those girls now? Riddle me that. | 那会儿那些女孩们去哪儿了呢? 你来解解这个迷吧 |
[07:15] | Well, I don’t care what you say. | 不管你怎么说 |
[07:17] | I’m gonna keep seeing her. | 我不会不见她的 |
[07:19] | Then you leave me no choice. | 那你就是逼我下狠手了 |
[07:20] | You’re grounded. | 你被禁足了 |
[07:23] | Sicily and I are in the same class… | 西西莉和我同班 |
[07:25] | and you can’t ground me from school. | 你不能不让我上学 |
[07:30] | Can I just use your phone to call my dad? | 我能用下你家的电话打给我爸爸吗? 亚伯拉罕林肯中学 |
[07:36] | [ School bell rings ] | |
[07:41] | Evan openly defied me, Corporal Bryson. | 艾文跟我杠上了 布莱森警官 |
[07:43] | He’s never done that before. | 他从来没这样过 |
[07:45] | Clearly, he doesn’t understand | 他根本就不明白谈恋爱是害自己 |
[07:47] | that dating is bad for him. | |
[07:48] | I get it. I used to work the drug beat, | 我明白 |
[07:50] | and if there’s one thing I’ve learned, | 我干过缉毒 明白了一个道理 |
[07:51] | it’s that an addict won’t quit his destructive behavior | 那就是上瘾的人在粉身碎骨之前 |
[07:54] | until he’s hit rock bottom. | 是不会停下他们自毁的行为的 |
[07:56] | That, and no one with a couch on their front lawn is innocent. | 而且发生了这种情况 苍蝇不叮无缝的蛋 |
[08:03] | PDA! | 还当众亲热上了! |
[08:04] | That’s against school rules. | 这种行为是违反校规的 |
[08:06] | You have to do something about this. | 你得做点什么 |
[08:07] | Isn’t that why you’re here? | 你来这不就是干这个的吗? |
[08:08] | Actually, I’m here to investigate | 其实我来这是调查 |
[08:10] | a peeping tom spying on the children. | 最近的一个偷窥狂的 |
[08:14] | From outside the middle school. | 她从中学校门外边 窥探孩子们的一举一动 |
[08:16] | A woman. | 是个女的 |
[08:18] | Wearing culottes. | 穿着裤裙 |
[08:20] | Fine. I’ll just do it myself. | 好吧好吧 我自己管 |
[08:22] | Good luck finding your pervert. | 祝你早点找到那个变态 牛仔牧场牛排屋 |
[08:26] | Left. Left. | 左边点 左边点 |
[08:28] | Left. Right. | 左边 右边点儿 |
[08:30] | Left. Right. Right. | 再左边点儿 右 右 |
[08:32] | Just throw it away. I hate it. | 扔了它吧 什么破玩意儿 |
[08:35] | Hey, Dad. We’re gonna see another movie | 嘿 爸爸 |
[08:37] | while Honey still has some baby-free days. | 哈妮还有几天不用看孩子 我们打算再去看场电影 |
[08:38] | Yeah. That baby sucks. | 是啊 小孩子烦透了 |
[08:40] | [ Laughs ] I’m just kidding. | 开个玩笑而已 |
[08:42] | Oh, my God. I feel terrible that I just said that. | 哦 我的天 |
[08:45] | I love Maria so much. | 我怎么会说刚才那种话? 我那么爱我的玛莉亚 |
[08:47] | You want to come with us, Pops? | 你跟我们一起去吗 爸爸? |
[08:49] | We have to hit all the movies we can | 我们要在千禧年到来 |
[08:50] | before Y2K shuts us down and sends us back to the Dark Ages. | 并把我们送回黑暗时代之前 看遍所有电影 |
[08:53] | No thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[08:55] | The smell of popcorn will only remind me | 爆米花的味道让我 |
[08:56] | how much I hated “You’ve Got Mail.” | 忍不住想起让人作呕的《电子情书》 |
[08:58] | What is it with you and that movie? | 你怎么对那电影那么大意见? |
[08:59] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说这事 |
[09:01] | Come on, Dad. | -快说啦 老爸 -好吧 |
[09:02] | -Okay, fine. -Wow, that was super easy. | 好吧 哇哦 好容易开口啊 |
[09:04] | I hated “You’ve Got Mail” because… | 我讨厌《电子情书》是因为… |
[09:08] | …because I’m Fox Books. | 是因为我就是乔福克斯 老妈老爸牛排小馆 已倒闭 |
[09:13] | A few months after I opened Cattleman’s, | 牛仔牧场开门几个月后 |
[09:15] | I found out that I’d inadvertently | 我发现自己无意中 |
[09:17] | put a local mom-and-pop rib shop out of business. | 把这个家庭餐馆挤倒闭了 |
[09:19] | So, how’d you folks enjoy | 五年前 |
[09:21] | your first root’n toot’n meal at Cattleman’s Ranch? | 二位第一次品尝我们的 西部风格牛肉 感觉怎么样? |
[09:23] | Oh, the best ribs I’ve had | 我上次吃到这么好吃的牛肋排 |
[09:25] | since my grandmother’s wake in Dallas. | 还是在达拉斯我奶奶的葬礼上 |
[09:27] | Plus, your prices are way better than Mom and Pop’s. | 还有 你这儿的价格 比老妈老爸那家划算多了 |
[09:29] | Ooh. What’s Mom and Pop’s? | 老妈老爸是哪家? |
[09:31] | ** | 老妈老爸牛排小馆 |
[09:37] | [ Sobbing ] | |
[09:39] | Noooooo! | 已倒闭 不! |
[09:41] | “You’ve Got Mail” brought | 看了《电子情书》 |
[09:43] | all those memories flooding back to me. | 这些往事回忆像潮水一样席卷了我 |
[09:46] | I’m just like corporate monster Joe Fox, | 我感觉自己就是 乔福克斯那样的大恶人 |
[09:48] | driving the beloved neighborhood proprietor out of business | 用资本主义的无耻手段 把当地人人喜爱的 |
[09:51] | with my capitalist ways. | 小店主搞破产 |
[09:52] | Mom and Pop were gone | 我还没来得及跟他们说一声抱歉 |
[09:54] | before I even had a chance to apologize. | 老爸老妈两口子就搬走了 |
[09:59] | Look what you two did with your stupid movie. | 看看你俩选的破电影惹了多大的祸 |
[10:01] | Mopey Dad is way worse than Rom-com Dad. | 爱情喜剧狂老爸比 |
[10:03] | Arthouse Dad is the best | 闷闷不乐型老爸好多了 《艺术影院》老爸才是最好的 |
[10:05] | because he laughs at all the serious parts. | 电影里严肃的部分他都从头笑到尾 |
[10:08] | [ School bell rings ] | |
[10:11] | Hey. | 嘿! |
[10:12] | There’s inappropriate touching | 操场上发生了不适当的接触行为 |
[10:13] | happening on school grounds, | |
[10:14] | and you need to stop it. | 你得管管 |
[10:15] | Oh, God. Okay. Did you see her face? | 哦 天啊 好的 你看清楚她长什么样了吗? |
[10:17] | Could you describe it to a sketch artist? | 你能帮警方画个她的肖像吗? |
[10:18] | I’m referring to my son Evan. | 我说的是我儿子 艾文 |
[10:20] | I saw him holding hands | 我看见他跟一个女孩在操场上手拉手 |
[10:22] | with a girl student on the playground. | |
[10:26] | I see. Ms. Huang — | 我明白了 |
[10:27] | Mrs. I’m married. | -黄小姐… -是黄太太 我结婚了 |
[10:30] | Mrs. Huang, the children are allowed to hold hands. | 黄太太 孩子们牵手不违反规定 |
[10:33] | They’re middle schoolers. | 他们已经是中学生了 |
[10:35] | It’s perfectly innocent. | 这完全没问题 |
[10:36] | Oh, they’re too young for that. | 他们这年纪不应该有这种行为 |
[10:38] | They need to be focused on their education. | 他们应该专注学业 |
[10:40] | I wouldn’t worry about that if I were you. | 我要是你就不操这个心 |
[10:41] | Evan’s grades certainly aren’t suffering because of it. | 艾文的成绩绝对不会因为这个下降 |
[10:45] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 请您见谅 |
[10:47] | I witnessed a brutal fight in the cafeteria today, | 今天在食堂有学生打架 闹得还挺厉害的 |
[10:50] | and I have to go give a statement. | 我得去训话了 优 |
[11:02] | Louis: She’d recently lost her mother, Joe. | 她母亲刚刚去世啊 乔 |
[11:04] | Why couldn’t you just let her sell her books? | 你就让她卖她的书怎么了? |
[11:07] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[11:08] | Eddie. What are you doing here? | 艾迪 |
[11:10] | The restroom’s only for customers. | 你来这儿干嘛? 只有客人才能进休息室 |
[11:11] | That’s not fair. | 这是什么规定! |
[11:13] | We have a surprise for you. Come on. | 我们为你准备了惊喜 |
[11:15] | ** | 快来 |
[11:25] | Mom? Pop? | 老妈?老爸? |
[11:28] | You’re still alive? | 你们还活着? |
[11:29] | We’re in our early 70s. | 我们才刚70 |
[11:32] | I know you’re upset you never got to apologize, | 我知道你因为没跟他们说过抱歉 一直耿耿于怀 |
[11:34] | so we tracked them down for you. | 所以就帮你把他们找来了 |
[11:35] | We hope you’re okay with it. | 希望你不会不开心 |
[11:37] | Okay with it? | 不开心? |
[11:38] | [ Breathing heavily ] | |
[11:40] | [ Laughter ] | |
[11:42] | We’ve lost so much time. | 相见恨晚呐 |
[11:44] | Okay. What have you been up to the past five years? | 你们这五年干嘛去了? |
[11:47] | Uh, traveling, volunteering, learning Español? | 旅游?做义工? 学西班牙语? |
[11:50] | We’ve been living with our daughter in Winter Park. | 我们一直在温特帕克和女儿住在一起 |
[11:52] | After we lost the rib shack, | 牛排馆关门之后 |
[11:54] | we moved into her basement to save money. Yeah. | 我们为了省钱就住进了她家的地下室 |
[11:56] | There’s a cumbersome pool table | 那儿有张特别重的台球桌 |
[11:58] | and the bathroom is two flights up, | 爬两个楼梯才能上厕所 |
[12:00] | but we make it work. | 但我们终归适应了 |
[12:01] | The real problem is that husband of hers — Rick. | 但最难办的还是她老公 瑞克 |
[12:04] | He doesn’t want us there, and he makes it known. | 他不想让我们待在那儿 还特意让我们看出来 |
[12:07] | I don’t like the way he speaks to Kimberly. | 我不喜欢他跟金伯利说话的态度 |
[12:09] | Well, you try talking to her about it, then. | 那你就该跟她谈谈啊 哎呀 |
[12:13] | [ Whispering ] Uh-oh. Dad’s about to make | 老爸一激动又要办后悔事了 |
[12:15] | a poor decision based on his emotions. | |
[12:17] | Why don’t you work here? | 你们干脆来这儿工作吧? |
[12:20] | Really? Yeah, why not? | 真的吗? 对啊 |
[12:22] | I needed to hire a couple of part-time cooks anyway, | 这多好? 我正打算雇兼职夫妻厨师呢 |
[12:24] | and I’d love to have two Orlando restaurant legends | 而且牛仔牧场能请到 您二位奥兰多餐饮界的传奇人物 |
[12:27] | working at Cattleman’s. | 是天大的幸运啊 |
[12:28] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[12:29] | That sounds fun. | 听起来不错啊! |
[12:31] | [ Laughs ] All right! | 就这么定了! |
[12:33] | I can’t wait to get Mom and Pop | 我都等不及想看到老妈 |
[12:34] | back in the rib-cooking business. | 老爸重出牛肋排料理界的江湖了 |
[12:36] | My mouth is watering already. | 我口水都控制不住了 |
[12:37] | [ Laughs ] | |
[12:41] | My God, these are terrible. | 天啊 真难吃 |
[12:45] | Are they burnt or raw? | 是烧焦了还是没熟? |
[12:46] | I’m trying to figure out what animal this is. | 我都不知道我吃的是牛还是猪 |
[12:49] | I like ’em. | 我挺喜欢的啊 亚伯拉罕林肯中学 没错 我们解决了食堂骚乱! |
[12:56] | I’m so glad you and me are in the same class | 能给你在一个班真好 |
[12:58] | so we can spend as much time together as possible. | 这样我们时刻都能在一块儿 |
[13:01] | Me too. Except it’s “you and I.” | 我也觉得好 不过是“跟你” |
[13:03] | Whoa. I don’t know what came over me. | 喔 我怎么犯这么低级的语法错误 |
[13:06] | It’s okay. You didn’t mean to. | 没事 你又不是故意 |
[13:08] | Ending a sentence in a preposition. | 动词不能做表语哦 |
[13:10] | [ Gasps ] | |
[13:12] | I love you. | 爱你哦 |
[13:13] | [ Backpack thuds ] | |
[13:14] | Okay, students. | 好了 同学们 |
[13:17] | Great job on your “To Kill a Mockingbird” essays. | 你们写的《杀死一只知更鸟》 读后感都很棒 |
[13:19] | Another stellar essay, Evan. | 又是一篇精彩的读后感 艾文 |
[13:22] | The way you contrasted the snowman Jem built | 你把杰姆堆的雪人和 莫蒂小姐房子里的大火 |
[13:24] | with the fire at Miss Maudie’s house | 作对比的方法 |
[13:26] | was so thought-provoking. | 太引人深思了 |
[13:27] | Excellent. | 写得好 |
[13:30] | [ Gasps ] | 良 |
[13:31] | A-minus?! | 良? |
[13:36] | Hi, Evan. | 嗨 艾文 |
[13:37] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[13:38] | Sicily distracted me. I dumped her. | 西西莉让我分心了 |
[13:39] | If you need me, I’ll be studying. | 我把她给甩了 我学习去了 没事别叫我 |
[13:43] | Ciao, Sicily. | 拜拜 西西莉 |
[13:48] | This. This is what I like to see. | 这 这才是我的好儿子 |
[13:52] | What are you studying, Evan? | 你学什么呢 艾文? |
[13:53] | Pre-algebra. I have a quiz on Friday, | 初级代数 |
[13:55] | and I’ve already lost… | 我周五有个测试 为了西西莉的事我已经浪费了… |
[13:58] | …78 minutes of study time to Sicily. | 78分钟的学习时间了 |
[14:00] | Oh, shh, shh, shh. She’s gone now. | 她现在已经打扰不到你了 |
[14:03] | Let’s not even say her name. | 以后她的名字咱们连提也别提了 |
[14:06] | I’m so pleased you’ve come to your senses about dating, Evan. | 你终于明白过来 谈恋爱是错误的了 艾文 妈妈真开心 |
[14:09] | In fact, I’ve decided to reward you by un-grounding you. | 为了表扬你 我决定解除你的禁足 |
[14:13] | No, thank you. | 不用了 |
[14:14] | I’d like to serve out the remainder of my sentence | 我愿意服完整个刑期 |
[14:16] | to minimize distractions from my education. | 以弥补这段时间忽视学业造成的影响 |
[14:18] | A self-grounding. | 这叫做“自行禁足” |
[14:21] | He’s come back even stronger than before. | 这孩子比以前更有毅力了 |
[14:26] | What am I gonna do? | 我以后该做什么? |
[14:27] | Like — Like when you grow up? | 你是说等你长大了吗? |
[14:29] | Be a restaurant owner. | 当餐馆老板啊 |
[14:30] | I’m confused. | 我有点迷糊 |
[14:31] | No, Mom and Pop are terrible cooks. | 不是 |
[14:33] | I have to fire them, but I’d be putting them | 老妈老爸的厨艺太差了 我不能雇他们 |
[14:34] | out of business all over again. | 但是我不能再让他们失业一回 |
[14:37] | I’d be an even worse Joe Fox than Joe Fox. | 那我就比乔福克斯还乔福克斯了 |
[14:39] | Do you hear yourself? | 你自己能听懂你自己说的吗? |
[14:40] | Honey: Yeah, he’s right. Don’t panic. | 他说得对 别着急 |
[14:42] | Everything worked out for Joe and Kathleen | 《电子情书》里乔和凯瑟琳 |
[14:44] | at the end of “You’ve Got Mail.” | 最后也握手言和了 |
[14:45] | We just have to do whatever Joe did to fix it. | 我们就学乔那样处理这事就行了 |
[14:47] | Maybe you could offer them a contract | 要不你走走你前女友的关系 |
[14:49] | writing children’s books | 让她工作的杂志社跟老妈老爸 |
[14:50] | for your ex-girlfriend’s publishing house. | 签个写童书的协议吧 |
[14:52] | What is happening? | 这都什么跟什么? |
[14:53] | You people and this movie. | 你们跟这电影根本就没关系 |
[14:55] | Dad, you are not Joe Fox. | 老爸 你不是乔福克斯 |
[14:57] | I’m not? No. | -我不是吗? -不是 |
[14:59] | Because Mom and Pop aren’t Kathleen Kelly. | 因为老妈老爸不是凯瑟琳凯莉 |
[15:02] | Okay. What do you remember | 你们记得《电子情书》 |
[15:04] | about the book store in “You’ve Got Mail”? | 里的书店什么样吗? |
[15:05] | Um, it was warm, a lot of wood, | 很温馨 好多木头 |
[15:08] | Steve Zahn was there. | 还有史蒂夫扎恩 |
[15:09] | Kathleen Kelly’s store was awesome, | 凯瑟琳凯莉的书店很棒 |
[15:10] | and Mom and Pop’s ribs suck. | 而老妈老爸做的排骨都没人吃 |
[15:12] | You said you liked them. They were staring right at me. | 你刚才还说你挺喜欢的 |
[15:15] | Anyways, | 他们四只眼盯着我呢! |
[15:16] | it was only a matter of time before they went under, | 总之 他们倒闭是早晚的事 |
[15:18] | whether you opened Cattleman’s or not. | 跟你有没有开牛排屋没关系 |
[15:19] | You didn’t put them out of business. | 他们没生意不是你导致的 |
[15:21] | You put them out of their misery. | 你让他们不用面对那个凄惨的结局 |
[15:23] | You’re right, Eddie. | 你说得对啊 艾迪 |
[15:25] | I spent the past five years beating myself up for nothing. | 我这五年来的自责根本没意义 |
[15:28] | It’s not my fault Mom and Pop’s rib shack went under. | 老妈老爸倒闭根本不是我的错 |
[15:30] | If anything, I was doing them a favor. | 我只能说是帮了他们的忙 |
[15:32] | Life isn’t a rom-com, Dad. | 生活不是爱情喜剧 老爸 |
[15:34] | Sometimes, old people just can’t cook. | 有时候老人家厨艺就是不好 |
[15:38] | Wow. Thank you, guys. | 喔 |
[15:40] | I feel so much better. | 太谢谢你们了 我终于放下这个思想重担了 |
[15:41] | I’m gonna go tell Mom and Pop they’re fired. | 我这就去告诉老妈老爸他们被解雇了 |
[15:49] | So, good news, bad news. | 好消息和坏消息 |
[15:50] | Good news — Mom and Pop are gone. | 好消息是老妈老爸走了 |
[15:52] | Bad news — they threatened to sue me for ageism | 坏消息是他们说接下来 的六个月我必须让他们有活干 |
[15:54] | unless I kept them on the payroll | 要不然就用歧视老年人的罪名起诉我 |
[15:55] | for another six months. | |
[15:56] | Are you serious? Extremely. | 不是吧? 就是 |
[15:58] | So, if anyone needs any non-cooking-related errands | 如果你们谁知道有雇 两个老人干跟做饭无关的零活 |
[16:00] | run by two elders, let me know. | 千万告诉我 |
[16:02] | Do you think they could take me | 你觉得星期六他们能 |
[16:03] | to Caleb’s birthday party on Saturday? | 带我去卡莱布的生日派对吗? |
[16:05] | I can ask. | 我帮你问问 |
[16:07] | You know, this was a nice reminder | 这事给我上了一课 |
[16:08] | that I can’t be responsible for everybody’s lives. | 那就是一个人 不可能为所有人的生活负责 |
[16:11] | I can’t save every old couple | 我没法解救每个 |
[16:12] | living in their daughter’s basement. | 蜗居在子女地下室里的老人 |
[16:14] | And, hey, since this isn’t “You’ve Got Mail,” | 而且 既然我的事 跟《电子情书》没关系 |
[16:17] | I’m free to love that movie. | 我又可以看这部电影了 |
[16:18] | I love that movie. | 我爱这个电影 |
[16:20] | Yay. | 是啊 |
[16:22] | Whatever. That movie was dumb. | 得了 那电影没劲透了 |
[16:24] | Who says what they’re typing out loud? | 谁会一边打字一边大声念出来啊? 为我涂色陶器馆 |
[16:28] | I got to tell you, Evan, I am so happy | 我得跟你说 艾文 |
[16:30] | to have my star child back at fighting weight. | 那个让我骄傲 全身心扑在学习上的 孩子又回来了 妈妈真的很高兴 |
[16:33] | So, how’s pre-algebra? | 初级代数学得怎么样? |
[16:34] | When you get to the “two trains leave a destination | 你学到“两辆火车同时离开终点站” |
[16:37] | at the same time” question, | 那个问题的时候 |
[16:38] | it’s a trick. | 记得那是个障眼法 |
[16:39] | Nobody rides trains. | 没人坐火车 |
[16:41] | Can you pass the blue paint? | 你能把蓝颜料给我吗? |
[16:44] | Evan. | 艾文? |
[16:45] | Evan? | 艾文? |
[16:47] | Sicily loved the color blue. | 西西莉喜欢蓝色 |
[16:49] | She said it reminded her | 她说蓝色让她想起 |
[16:50] | of her grandparents’ lake house in July. | 湖边奶奶家的房子在七月的样子 |
[16:53] | The sky lit up with fireworks. George Strait on the radio. | 天空被烟火点亮 |
[16:56] | O…kay. | 收音机里传出乔治史崔特的声音 好吧 |
[17:01] | Are you going to finish your mug there? | 要不要涂完你的杯子? |
[17:06] | I’m done. | 涂完了 |
[17:15] | Louis. I have to tell you something. | 路易斯 我跟你说件事 |
[17:17] | Evan had his first girlfriend. | 艾文交女朋友了 |
[17:20] | [ Gasps ] Evan had his first girlfriend? | 艾文交女朋友了? |
[17:21] | No, don’t be happy about that. | 别那么高兴行吗 |
[17:23] | Evan’s too young to date. | 艾文现在这个年纪根本不适合谈恋爱 |
[17:25] | I don’t know. Is he? | 是吗? |
[17:26] | He’s not mature enough to handle the emotions | 他还不够成熟 不能处理 |
[17:29] | that come from being in a relationship. | 恋爱关系带来的情绪 |
[17:31] | Evan’s pretty mature. | 艾文挺成熟的 |
[17:32] | Last week, he told me I was only making him eat vegetables | 上周他还跟我说我强迫他吃蔬菜 |
[17:34] | because my father didn’t hug me enough. | 因为我缺少父亲的拥抱 |
[17:37] | And you know what? I think he was right. | 你知道吗?我觉得他说得对 |
[17:38] | Trust me. You weren’t there to see how heartbroken he was. | 你没看见他 有多伤心 |
[17:42] | He was just staring at the wall. | 他盯着墙出神 |
[17:44] | And then he dipped his mug in black paint. | 然后把自己手绘的 杯子整个泡在黑颜料里 |
[17:46] | And he had spent so much time | 他之前画的的时候 |
[17:48] | making sure that the parasols were to scale. | 为了把上面的小物件画得大小合适 琢磨了好半天呢 |
[17:51] | And, damn it, they were, | 画得别提多好了 |
[17:52] | and he was just so sad, | 现在他却伤心成这样 |
[17:54] | and I just hated seeing him like that. | 我真不想看到他这个样子 |
[17:56] | And Evan’s just not ready to date! | 但是艾文还没做好谈恋爱的准备! |
[18:00] | It, um, kind of seems like maybe | 但看起来好像是你还没做好 |
[18:03] | you’re not ready for Evan to date. | 艾文谈恋爱的准备 |
[18:08] | Jessica, this week, I met a couple named Mom and Pop. | 洁西卡 这周我遇见了 一对叫“老妈老爸”的夫妇 |
[18:11] | Those old people you drove out of town with your restaurant? | 被你挤破产离开这儿的那对老人? |
[18:13] | Yes and no. | 是也不是 |
[18:15] | Anyway, before they threatened to sue me… | 总之 他们威胁要起诉我之前… |
[18:17] | What? It’s all taken care of. | -什么? -都已经解决了 |
[18:18] | The point is, it’s no one’s fault, | 重点是 他们破产不是任何人害的 |
[18:20] | but Mom and Pop’s life has been a living hell, | 虽然他们的生活状况非常糟糕 |
[18:22] | and they stayed together through it all. | 两个人还是互相扶持着走下去 |
[18:24] | Life’s a lot easier to handle | 如果身边那个人是你爱的人的话 |
[18:25] | with a partner you love by your side. | 生活中的磨难会变得轻松的多 |
[18:28] | I never would have gotten through | 要是没有你 |
[18:30] | moving to Orlando without you. | 我想都不敢想搬来奥兰多 |
[18:31] | And I never would have gotten through | 要是没有你 我想都不敢想被赫克托 |
[18:33] | that week Hector gave me shingles without you. | 传上带状疱疹的那周该怎么过来 |
[18:36] | If you want Evan to be as good at relationships | 如果你想让艾文处理感情问题 |
[18:39] | as he is at everything else, | 像他处理别的事处理得那么好的话 |
[18:40] | you need to let him practice. | 你就得让他练习啊 |
[18:42] | [ Sighs ] | |
[18:45] | I have to make this right. | 我得纠正错误 |
[18:50] | If I have ice cream, do you think | 要是我现在吃个冰淇淋 |
[18:51] | I have to brush my teeth again? | 是不是一会儿还得刷牙? |
[18:54] | I’m excited to pick up our mugs from the kiln. | 咱们要去拿烧好的杯子了 真开心 |
[18:59] | Yours should be… | 你的杯子肯定很… |
[19:01] | moody. | 忧郁 |
[19:02] | Mm-hmm. | |
[19:04] | [ Sighs ] | |
[19:06] | Evan, I want to apologize to you | 艾文 |
[19:08] | for being so strict about dating. | 我想向你道歉 我在你谈恋爱这件事上太严厉了 |
[19:10] | You have nothing to apologize for, Mommy. | 你不需要道歉 妈妈 |
[19:12] | You tried to warn me that dating would affect my grades, | 你警告我说谈恋爱会影响成绩 |
[19:14] | and you were right. | 你是对的 |
[19:15] | Well, that’s the thing. | 是这么回事 |
[19:19] | You didn’t actually get an A-minus | 你的读后感其实没得良 |
[19:21] | on your English essay. | |
[19:23] | You got an “A.” | 你得了优 |
[19:24] | I went into the school, and I changed the grade | 我去学校改了成绩 |
[19:27] | so you would think Sicily distracted you | 这样你就会认为西西莉让你分了心 |
[19:29] | and break up with her. | 就会和她分手了 |
[19:30] | [ Sighs ] | |
[19:32] | Say that again now? | 再说一遍好吗? |
[19:33] | I went into your school and — | 我去学校改了成绩… |
[19:34] | I heard you the first time! | 我不是聋子! |
[19:36] | How could you do that to me? | 你怎么能那么做?我爱她 |
[19:38] | I loved her. | |
[19:39] | Oh, Evan, I’m so sorry. | 噢 艾文 |
[19:41] | I had no idea you would be so upset. | 对不起 我想不到你会这么难过 |
[19:44] | I think it’s hard for me to accept | 可能是我没法轻易 |
[19:46] | that you’re growing up. | 接受你已经长大了的事实吧 |
[19:49] | You’re my youngest, | 你是我最小的孩子 |
[19:50] | and I want to shield you from all the pain | 我想把你和所有 |
[19:52] | that comes from being an adult. | 成年人的烦恼隔绝开来 |
[19:56] | But there’s a lot of joy that comes with it, too, | 但快乐和烦恼总是相伴相生的 |
[19:58] | and I never want to shield you from that. | 我没想到这样也剥夺了你的快乐 |
[20:00] | It kind of seems like maybe you weren’t ready for me to date. | 看起来是你没做好我谈恋爱的准备啊 |
[20:05] | You’re so mature. | 你好成熟啊 |
[20:12] | Aren’t you coming? No, I’m not. | -你不去陶器馆了吗? -不去了 |
[20:14] | I’ll come get you in a couple hours. | 我过几个小时再来接你 |
[20:16] | Sicily is waiting for you. | 西西莉在等着你呢 |
[20:22] | Thank you, Mommy. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[20:24] | And…I forgive you. | 还有… -我不怪你了 |
[20:26] | You do? You’re my mom, and you should know | -真的吗? 你是我的妈妈 |
[20:29] | that no matter how old I get, | 你记住 不管我长到多大 |
[20:31] | I’ll always be your little boy. | 在你面前我永远是小孩子 |
[20:37] | [ Car door closes ] | |
[20:39] | I’m watching you. | 我可看着你呢 |
[20:47] | [ Whale cries ] | |
[20:50] | You’ve got whale. | 是鲸鱼哦 |
[20:53] | Woman on TV: Before steaming or sautéing, simply oil up your fingers… | |
[20:56] | You’ve got kale. | 是西蓝花哦 |
[20:58] | …olive oil, and massage away. | |
[21:00] | [ Announcer speaking indistinctly ] [ Car engines revving ] | |
[21:02] | You’ve got Dale. | 是戴尔哦 |
[21:04] | [ Sighs ] | |
[21:06] | Help! I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up! | 救命!我摔倒站不起来了! |
[21:09] | Oh. | |
[21:10] | You’ve got frail. | 变虚弱了哦 |
[21:11] | [ Scoffs ] | |
[21:18] | Mail’s here. | 情书来了 |
[21:21] | Are you kidding me? | 你在说笑吗? |
[21:23] | No. Evan has it. | 不是啊 艾文拿的不就是吗? |
[21:24] | [ Sighs ] |