时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So how do we feel about these aviators? | 你们觉得这副飞行员眼镜怎么样? |
[00:04] | I think I look great, like a business pilot. | 我觉得我戴上看起来特别棒 像个商务飞行员 |
[00:06] | They’re a bit serial killer-y. | 有点像连环杀手 |
[00:08] | Okay. Good feedback. Tad harsh, but fair. | 很好 谢谢你的评价 有点苛刻 但很公正 |
[00:11] | So then, how about these browline clubmasters? | 那这副眉框眼镜怎么样? |
[00:14] | Style on top, substance down below. | 样式非常好 材质不怎么样 |
[00:16] | Have you considered a monocle? | 你要不戴单片眼镜试试? |
[00:18] | You could be like Mr. Peanut! | 那你就像“花生先生”了! |
[00:20] | What’s up with the glasses anyways, Dad? | 你怎么想起来戴眼镜了 爸爸? |
[00:21] | You’re always touting your 20/20 vision. | 你不整天吹嘘自己视力绝佳吗? |
[00:23] | Well, I’m excited to report | 我要激动地向你们宣布 |
[00:25] | those clear-seeing days are over | 视力清晰的日子一去不复返了 |
[00:26] | because I’m turning 40! | 我马上就要40岁了 |
[00:28] | The age one’s vision officially begins to fail. I will never fail an eye exam | 人到了这个岁数视力就开始下降了 |
[00:32] | because I have memorized the letter board. E, F-P, T-O-Z, | 我做视力测试每次都通过 |
[00:38] | P-D-L-E, D-E-F-Z-C, F-C-Z-D-E-P. | 因为我记住了视力表上的字母 |
[00:44] | Well, I’m excited for glasses. | 真激动要戴上眼镜了 |
[00:46] | I can finally look as wise as I feel. | 我终于能看上去 像我自己感觉得那么睿智了 |
[00:50] | The waiting’s the hardest part. | 我等这一天等得真辛苦啊 |
[00:51] | See? Wisdom. | 看见没?这就是智慧 |
[00:52] | Glasses or no glasses, | 别管戴不戴眼镜了 |
[00:54] | how are we gonna celebrate your birthday? | 你打算怎么过生日? |
[00:55] | I’m thinking | 我觉得去坐游艇不错 |
[00:57] | yacht ride. * Yeah | |
[00:58] | I’ve already decided on the perfect plan. | 我已经有一个完美的计划了 |
[01:02] | Camping! | 我们去露营 |
[01:06] | — Captions by VITAC — | |
[01:08] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:10] | * I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go * | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:11] | * If you don’t know, homey, now you know * | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:14] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:15] | * Homey, you don’t know where I come from * | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:17] | * But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:19] | * I’m fresh off the boat | 《初来乍到》 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:22] | Dad, have you ever been camping before? | 老爸 你从前露过营吗? |
[01:25] | -No. -Then where did this come from? | 没有 那你怎么想起露营来了? |
[01:28] | I just watched “Legends of the Fall,” | 我刚看了《燃情岁月》 |
[01:29] | and I can’t stop thinking about it. | 就一直忘不了里面的场景 |
[01:31] | The big sky, the rugged land, | 广阔的天空 崎岖的陆地 |
[01:32] | the raw emotions, and then it hit me. | 原始的情感 太触动我了… |
[01:35] | I want to spend my 40th in the great outdoors. | 我想在大自然中度过我的40岁生日 |
[01:37] | Is this like when you watched the movie “Roger Rabbit” | 跟你那次看过《兔子罗杰》 |
[01:39] | and wanted a rabbit? | 之后就想拥有一只兔子一样吗? |
[01:40] | No, I just think it’ll be fun to explore | 我就是觉得和家人 |
[01:42] | the frontier as a family. | 一起去探索边远地区会很有意思 |
[01:44] | What kind of role does the mother character | 这部电影里的妈妈是个什么样的人? |
[01:46] | play in this film? Mm… | |
[01:48] | None, really. She abandoned the family. | 这电影没妈妈 她抛弃了家人 |
[01:50] | Perfect. | 很好 那这次电影 重现露营我也就不去了 |
[01:51] | So no camping for me in this reenactment. | 很好 那这次电影 重现露营我也就不去了 |
[01:54] | Such a shame. | 真可惜 |
[01:56] | Looks like it’s gonna be only us Huang men | 看来只有咱们黄家的男人 |
[01:59] | out in the wilderness. | 去野外探险了 |
[02:00] | We’ll be just like the Ludlows — | 我们就像劳德罗父子一样 |
[02:02] | Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, | 安东尼霍普金斯 布拉德皮特… |
[02:04] | those two other guys. | 《燃情岁月》 还有其他两个男人 |
[02:16] | Howdy. Glad you made it. | 你好 |
[02:18] | Careful where you step. | 真高兴你做到了 走过来的时候小心点儿 |
[02:20] | This horse just took a huge dump. | 这匹马刚拉了一大坨 |
[02:27] | To be Brad Pitt, even for a day… | 就算当一天布拉德皮特… |
[02:32] | Anyway. Camping. Cool, right? | 总之 我们去露营吧 怎么样?很酷吧? |
[02:33] | Yeah, Dad. Super cool. | 是啊 爸爸 非常酷 |
[02:34] | Totally. Camping sounds awesome. | 真的 露营听起来就很棒 |
[02:36] | Yeah, super totally. | 是啊是啊 听起来就棒 |
[02:37] | Great! I’ll grab a map and start a gear list. | 很好 我去找张地图 然后拉一个装备清单 |
[02:40] | It will be comprehensive because we don’t have any gear. | 要买的肯定很多 因为咱们还一件装备都没有呢 |
[02:42] | Oh, uh, Ma. Did you want to — | 妈 你想不想… 我去准备独木舟 |
[02:47] | There are no canoes in “Legend of the Fall.” | 《燃情岁月》里没独木舟啊 |
[02:57] | G-7. Miss. | -没打中 |
[02:58] | Ugh, another miss? | |
[02:59] | How? I haven’t had a single hit | 又没打中?怎么搞的? |
[03:02] | in nearly an hour. | 我这一个小时一个都没打中 |
[03:04] | Wait. Are you moving the ships? | 等下 你是不是动了船? |
[03:05] | They’re under attack. Why would they stay still? | 他们都被攻击了 还不挪挪地方吗? |
[03:07] | Jessica, you can’t — | 洁西卡 你不能… |
[03:10] | You know what? It’s fine. | 算了 |
[03:11] | I’m just happy to be playing at all. | 玩游戏本身就很开心了 |
[03:13] | Marvin doesn’t play? | 马尔文不玩吗? |
[03:14] | I thought he was in the Navy. | 我记得他从前是海军来着 |
[03:16] | I got this for Marvin’s birthday one year, | 有一年马尔文过生日我给他买了这个 |
[03:17] | and he totally freaked out. | 他被震惊了 |
[03:19] | He said, “There’s no way four shots could sink a battleship.” | 他说大炮绝对打不沉战舰 |
[03:22] | -Hmm. -Oh, speaking of birthdays, | |
[03:23] | what did you get Louis for his 40th? | 说到生日 你打算 给路易斯的40岁生日买什么礼物? |
[03:25] | What I always get him. | 跟以前一样 |
[03:27] | A tie. | 送他一条领带 |
[03:28] | A tie? | 领带? |
[03:30] | Don’t you want to get him something a little nicer? | 你不想送他一个特别的礼物吗? |
[03:32] | I thought about getting it monogrammed, | 我想过送他一条印字的手帕 |
[03:34] | but I don’t like his initials. | 但我不喜欢他的姓名缩写 |
[03:36] | I just mean turning 40 is a big deal. | 我就是觉得跨入40岁不是件小事 |
[03:39] | If this were the Middle Ages, | 中世纪那会儿 没几个人能活到40岁 |
[03:40] | he’d be the oldest person in the world. | 中世纪那会儿 没几个人能活到40岁 |
[03:41] | Well, it’s not the Middle Ages. Everyone turns 40 these days. | 现在不是中世纪 人人都能活到40岁 |
[03:44] | You hit triple digits, then we will talk. | 活到100岁再说送特殊礼物的事吧 |
[03:48] | B-3. | |
[03:50] | Hit. | |
[03:52] | You sunk my destroyer. That’s the last of my fleet. | 打中了 你打沉我的驱逐舰了 这是我舰队的最后一条战舰了 |
[03:55] | Still undefeated at children’s board games! | 要说儿童桌游 我还是无往不胜啊! |
[04:00] | What are we gonna do about Dad’s terrible camping idea? | 爸爸想去露营 太无聊了 咱们该怎么办? |
[04:02] | I guess we suck it up. | 我们就勉为其难接受得了 |
[04:03] | I’m already practicing my fake enthusiasm. | 我已经在练习假装兴致勃勃了 |
[04:05] | “Whoa, if that’s Orion’s Belt, where are his pants?” | “哇 那是猎户座的腰带 那它的裤子在哪儿啊?” |
[04:09] | No way. I’m not spending my weekend outside. | 不可能 我绝对不要在野外过周末 |
[04:11] | I can’t pee when I know there could be animals watching. | 一想起周围可能有动物看着我 我就尿不出尿来 |
[04:14] | Exactly. Camping is hard, | 没错 露营太辛苦了 过生日本来应该开开心心的 |
[04:15] | and birthdays are supposed to be fun. | 没错 露营太辛苦了 过生日本来应该开开心心的 |
[04:17] | What choice do we have? It’s Dad’s birthday. | 我们能怎么办呢? |
[04:19] | He gets to decide. | 这是老爸的生日 他有决定权 |
[04:20] | That’s why we have to convince him | 所以我们得劝他 |
[04:22] | to decide to do something else, | 选择其他过生日的方式啊 |
[04:23] | like throwing a party. | 比如办个派对啦 |
[04:24] | Ooh. Bring on the birthday cake and Shirley Temples. | 准备点儿蛋糕和气泡饮料啦 |
[04:28] | Man, I love Shirley Temples! | 我喜欢气泡饮料 |
[04:31] | That was real enthusiasm! | 这才真的让人激动 |
[04:33] | Then we’re agreed. | 那我们达成一致了 |
[04:34] | What Dad really wants to do is have a party. | 老爸真正想要的是一个生日派对 |
[04:36] | Great because I am not sleeping on the ground. | 好 终于不用睡在野地上了 |
[04:38] | You think this posture just happens? | 你以为我优雅的体态那么好练成吗? |
[04:43] | Honey, I know you’re pregnant again, | 哈妮 我知道你不是第一次怀孕了 |
[04:45] | but we need to set limits on your cravings-requests. | 但我们还是应该 给你的需求设定个上限 |
[04:48] | I was just here — | 我刚到这儿… |
[04:49] | Have a seat, Jessica. | 请坐 杰西卡 |
[04:55] | Marvin and I were talking, | 马尔文刚刚和我聊了聊 |
[04:57] | and, out of love, | 出于关心 |
[04:58] | we wanted to discuss your gift-giving habits. | 我们想和你 谈谈你的送礼物习惯 |
[05:00] | Think of this as an intervention. | 就当我们是冒失的关心吧 |
[05:03] | A-A conversation. | 只是谈谈 |
[05:04] | We’re worried you’re not putting enough thought | 我们觉得你没在 |
[05:07] | into Louis’ birthday gift. | 路易斯的生日礼物上花心思 |
[05:08] | You should get him something | 你应该送他一个 |
[05:09] | a little more personal than a tie. Mm-hmm. | 比领带更有个性的礼物 |
[05:12] | Like the game “Battleship”? -Please don’t — | -送海战棋吗? -别揭我短 |
[05:14] | Ugh, I think that “Battleship” is a trash game. Here we go. | 海战棋是个垃圾游戏 |
[05:17] | To reduce the Navy to a plastic grid | 又来了 |
[05:20] | of numbers and letters. | 把海军当做一堆 字母和数字组成的塑料网格 |
[05:22] | What a farce. | 太可笑了 |
[05:23] | Sweetheart, it’s a classic game. | 亲爱的 这是一个经典的游戏 |
[05:25] | Everyone loves it. Oh, does everyone know how vast the ocean is? | 大家都喜欢 大家知道大海有多宽吗? |
[05:29] | How complex? | 海面上的情况有多复杂吗? |
[05:30] | It’s a living, breathing organism, | 那可是一条条活着的生命 |
[05:31] | for goodness’ sake. Back to Louis’ birthday gift… | 咱们还是接着说路易斯的生日礼物吧 |
[05:35] | I know my husband, | 我了解我老公 |
[05:37] | and I know he doesn’t want a fuss made over him, | 他不愿意让别人为他费太多事 |
[05:39] | so no big parties. | 所以我不用给他办盛大的派对 |
[05:40] | No horse that does tricks. | 不用给他准备隐藏的惊喜 |
[05:43] | No sentimental gifts from me. | 也不用送那种令人多愁善感的礼物 |
[05:44] | But the 40th is different, Jessica. | 但40岁生日不一样 洁西卡 |
[05:46] | You — You begin to see life in an entirely new way. | 一个人到了四十岁 就用全新的眼光看待人生了 |
[05:49] | Like my old diesel mechanic used to say, | 正如那个柴油机老修理工所说 |
[05:52] | “On that day, you’re not over the hill. | “到了那天 |
[05:54] | You’re on top of it.” | 你不是走下坡路了 而是伫立顶峰了” |
[05:55] | That’s beautiful, sugar bear. | 这句话真好 亲爱的 |
[05:57] | I miss that garage. Aww. | 真想念那家修车厂 |
[05:58] | I grew up there | 我不应该跟任何人说 |
[06:00] | in ways that I should probably keep to myself. | 我是怎么在那儿长大的 |
[06:04] | So what did you get Louis? | 你为路易斯准备了什么? |
[06:06] | Oh, I got him a top-of-the-line, | 我给他准备了一个最贵的美式伐木斧 |
[06:08] | American felling ax. | |
[06:10] | It represents the importance of exploring the world | 这象征着无论多大年纪 |
[06:12] | and building a life no matter how old you get. | 探索世界 塑造人生都很重要 |
[06:15] | Well, if you’re such gift experts, | 既然你们这么会送礼物 |
[06:16] | what’d you get Marvin when he turned 40? | 马尔文40岁的时候你送了他什么? |
[06:19] | Uh… | |
[06:21] | I was 8. | 我当时才8岁 |
[06:23] | So nothing then. | 啥也没送 |
[06:29] | Hey, boys. | 嘿 孩子们 我要给咱们每个人买一把匕首 |
[06:30] | I’m getting us all knives | 嘿 孩子们 我要给咱们每个人买一把匕首 |
[06:31] | for whittling or maybe blood oaths. | 用来削木头或者割橡胶 |
[06:34] | Sounds great, Dad. | 不错 老爸 |
[06:35] | Also we were thinking we could skip camping | 我们觉得可以先不去露营 |
[06:37] | and throw a party here in Orlando instead. | 在奥兰多这儿办个派对也挺好 |
[06:39] | No camping? But you guys were so excited. | 不露营? 你们不是特别期待露营来着? |
[06:41] | And I was excited to teach you guys things you’ve never done — | 我迫不及待想教你们 一些你们从来没干过的事了 |
[06:43] | build a fire, forage for berries, | 比如生火 找野果子吃 |
[06:45] | hang our clothes on a branch while we swim. | 游泳的时候把衣服挂在树杈上之类的 |
[06:47] | But, Dad, this is your big 4-0. | 但是爸爸 这可是你的40岁生日啊 |
[06:50] | We should spend it celebrating everything that makes you you. | 我们应该为造就了你的一切庆祝一番 |
[06:53] | To list — great friends, great food, | 请最好的朋友 |
[06:56] | music and dancing. | 叫最好的菜式 唱歌跳舞… |
[06:57] | You love dancing. | 你喜欢跳舞! |
[06:58] | Weren’t you the Cha Cha King of Taipei? | 你喜欢跳舞! |
[07:00] | Can’t dance in the woods. | 你以前不是台北市恰恰舞之王吗? 在树林里可没法跳舞 |
[07:02] | I guess that’s true. | 你们说得对 |
[07:03] | I wasn’t burning firewood in my day. | 我生日那天不应该点燃柴火 |
[07:04] | I was burning up dance floors. | 我应该点燃舞池 |
[07:06] | You give me a soft leather sole and a beat, | 给我一双软底皮鞋和一段节拍 |
[07:08] | and I’d give you the world. | 我就能还你一个世界 |
[07:10] | See? All we’re saying is it’s your 40th. | 说什么来着? 我们就是说 这是你的40岁生日 |
[07:12] | You should go big. -And think about it. | -必须得大办 -好好想想吧 |
[07:14] | You won’t get another milestone birthday until you’re 50. | 下一个重要的生日可是十年后了 |
[07:17] | And who knows where we’ll all be by then? | 而且谁知道那时候我们会去哪儿? |
[07:19] | Evan: Yeah. 10 years from now, | 没错 |
[07:20] | I could be studying in Paris. | 十年后我可能在巴黎读大学呢 |
[07:22] | Or at the rate I’m skipping grades, governing it. | 或者照我现在的跳级速度 那时候我没准在管大学 |
[07:24] | Eddie: And I’ll probably be coming off the bench for the Knicks. | 我那会儿有可能 在给纽约尼克队打替补 |
[07:26] | I mean, someone’s got to foul Shaq. | 我是说 总得有人打败奥尼尔 |
[07:29] | I guess I never thought of it that way. | 我从来没想过这些… |
[07:32] | You know what? Let’s do it. | 这样吧 就按你们说的办 |
[07:33] | I’d love to plan a party with you guys. | 我们一起策划个派对 |
[07:35] | You sure you’re down for this? | 你们确定想这么办? |
[07:36] | Is the hypotenuse the longest side of a triangle? | 请问直角三角形的斜边 永远是直角边的对边对吗? |
[07:39] | Yes. The answer is yes. | Yes. -当然对了 我们想大办 -好 |
[07:44] | I’m so glad we pulled this off. | 咱们搞定了 太好了 |
[07:46] | I’m already thinking about that Shirley Temple. | 我已经忍不住在想气泡饮料了 |
[07:48] | The key is the two-to-one ratio of grenadine to Sprite. | 石榴汁和雪碧 按二比一的比例混合才是绝配 |
[07:51] | Two to one?! | 二比一?那太甜了 |
[07:52] | Way too sweet! What are you, a hummingbird? | 你属蜜蜂的吗? |
[07:54] | Hey, who’s ready to party… | 准备好揭晓派对… |
[07:57] | plan? | 计划了吗? |
[08:00] | Is this all for one day?! | 派对时间 这都是派对那天要做的事? |
[08:02] | Well, technically, two days | 实际上是两天 因为派对会持续到后半夜 |
[08:03] | should the festivities go past midnight, | 实际上是两天 因为派对会持续到后半夜 |
[08:05] | which they will, if we do our jobs. | 如果咱们策划得好 客人们肯定舍不得离开 |
[08:07] | Wait. When did camping turn into a party? | 等下 不是露营吗 什么时候改成开派对了? |
[08:09] | Oh, well, the boys had a good point. | 孩子们的想法很好 |
[08:11] | You only turn 40 once. It’s a big deal. | 人只过一次40岁生日 这是大事 |
[08:13] | Anyway, I’ll let you boys look through this. | 不管怎么样 我先让你们看看这个 |
[08:15] | I can’t wait to brainstorm my entrance song. | 我等不及要在选入场歌曲这件事上 和你们热烈讨论了 |
[08:17] | I’m thinking “Louie Louie.” | 我觉得《路易路易》这首歌不错 |
[08:27] | I thought he wanted to keep it simple. | 我还以为他想简单过呢 |
[08:29] | Eddie: There are five pages on color schemes. | 配色方案就占了五页 |
[08:31] | How many versions of gold can there be? | 哪来这么多种黄色? |
[08:32] | “Muted Champagne”? | 淡香槟色?麦子黄? |
[08:34] | “October Wheat”? | |
[08:35] | There’s an entire section called “Vibe.” | 还专门有一个部分叫“氛围” |
[08:38] | That’s what caught your eye? | 你光注意那个了? |
[08:39] | Not the tab labeled | 没被“椰子胸罩”吸引住眼球? |
[08:40] | “Coconut Bras — question mark”? | |
[08:42] | How did this happen? | 这是怎么回事? |
[08:43] | Camping sounded like a lot, | 露营太麻烦了 |
[08:44] | and Dad was into the idea of a party. | 老爸更愿意开派对 |
[08:46] | We thought it would be easier. | 我们本来以为派对会比露营简单的 |
[08:47] | Well, you seem to have this under control, | 看来这些你们都能弄好 |
[08:50] | so I’m just gonna go to the kitchen | 那我就去厨房做晚饭了 |
[08:51] | and check on dinner. | |
[08:58] | Honey, we have a crisis. | 哈妮 我遇上麻烦了 |
[08:59] | Louis does think his birthday is a big deal. | 路易斯真把他的生日当回事了 |
[09:03] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[09:04] | Maybe my giving him a tie isn’t personal enough. | 可能我送他领带不够个性 |
[09:07] | This is nothing we can’t fix. | 我们用不着特意改变什么 |
[09:09] | All you have to do is give him something from the heart. | 你只需要送他一个 用心准备的礼物就可以了 |
[09:11] | Can I confess something to you? | 我能向你坦白点儿事吗? |
[09:14] | Of course, Jessica. Anything. | 当然 洁西卡 随便说 |
[09:16] | I’m… | 我… |
[09:17] | not a sentimental person. | 不是感性的人 |
[09:19] | Ah, yeah. | 嗯 |
[09:22] | Well, lucky for you, | 你很幸运 |
[09:24] | pulling heartstrings is a my jam. | 触动心弦对我来说可是小菜一碟 |
[09:25] | It’s time for you to learn about the “Love Languages.” | 你应该学学《爱之语》 |
[09:28] | I went to the University of Maryland. | 我在马里兰大学读的书 |
[09:29] | They’re called Romance languages. | 那儿的人管那个叫“情话” |
[09:32] | No, these are the Love Languages. | 不 我说的是这个《爱之语》 |
[09:33] | They’re the ways that we express affection to one another. | 这写的是向另一半表达情感的方法 |
[09:35] | It’s all in there. Can you just tell me how it ends? | 都在这里面了 你能直接告诉我结局吗? |
[09:38] | Mm, it’s not that kind of book. | 这不是小说 |
[09:40] | Each chapter covers a different method | 每一章都讲一种表达爱的方式 |
[09:41] | for expressing love. | |
[09:43] | You just need to figure out which one Louis responds to | 你就找到能感动路易斯的那个方式 |
[09:45] | and then match his gift to that. | 然后再选一个合适的礼物就行了 |
[09:47] | This really works? Yeah. | -这真的有用吗? -当然 |
[09:48] | How do you think Marvin and I | 不然你以为我和马尔文 |
[09:49] | got past the “Battleship” debacle? | 怎么度过“海战棋”风波的? |
[09:51] | Once I learned he values “Acts of Service,” | 我知道了“服务行为”对他很受用 |
[09:53] | I started making his day | 就在他上班的时候录《价格猜猜猜》 等他回来放给他看 哄他开心 |
[09:54] | by taping “Price Is Right” when he was at work. | 就在他上班的时候录《价格猜猜猜》 等他回来放给他看 哄他开心 |
[09:56] | And then, when he learned mine was “Words of Affirmation,” | 然后他明白过来“言语肯定” 对我最受用 |
[09:59] | he started writing me the most amazing poems. | 就开始给我写甜得发腻的情诗 |
[10:02] | Ugh, this all sounds very “flower person” to me. | 我觉得这些太“腻歪”了 |
[10:05] | It’s “flower child,” | 这是表达真爱 |
[10:07] | and there’s nothing hippie about it. | 没什么怪异的 |
[10:08] | Hey, Honey. Oh, hi. | 嘿 哈妮 嗨 |
[10:10] | I’m looking for a long, sturdy box. | 我想找一个长的 |
[10:12] | The gift is hard to wrap. | 结实点儿的盒子 这礼物太难包装了 |
[10:13] | I already picked you up a giant bow from the store. | 我已经帮你从商店买了一个大箱子 |
[10:16] | It’s all you need! -Oh, you’re a genius, Honey. | 你用那个就行了 |
[10:18] | God, I love you. -Aww. | 你真是太聪明了 |
[10:21] | “Some Honey for this bee? | 哈妮 |
[10:24] | Yesiree.” | 我爱死你了 “给我这只蜜蜂点儿蜜吧!” |
[10:30] | Louis: * Louie Louie | 《路易路易》 |
[10:31] | * Oh, oh, turning 40, 40 | 《马上马上40岁》 |
[10:33] | All right, guys. | |
[10:35] | I already took care of section 9 in binder 2 — | 好了 各位 |
[10:38] | Venue. We’ll host it at Cattleman’s! | 我终于把第二本册子里 第九部分“地点”定下来了 我们就在牛仔牧场举行派对 |
[10:40] | -There’s a section 9? -There’s a second binder? | -还有个第九部分? -还有第二本册子? |
[10:42] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 咱们当然是在牛仔牧场办了 |
[10:43] | Cattleman’s was always the venue. | 我开玩笑的 咱们当然是在牛仔牧场办了 |
[10:45] | I just never included it because | 我没写进去就是不想浪费 |
[10:46] | I didn’t want to waste valuable space on the D-ring. Good one. | 这册子上的珍贵空间 |
[10:50] | All right. I’ll go gather all our extension cords, | 不错 好了 我去弄接线板 |
[10:52] | splitters, and surge protectors. | 电子分流器和冲击电压保护器 |
[10:53] | This party is really gonna test the grid! | 这个聚会可是对供电网的一次考验啊 |
[10:57] | This sucks. | |
[10:59] | We should do what we always do | 太多事了吧 就跟平时面对巨多作业那样 |
[11:00] | when we have an enormous amount of schoolwork — | 对付这事儿就好了 |
[11:02] | buckle in and do it all in one day. | 全神贯注 一天完成 |
[11:03] | Like the time we knocked out two English papers, | 就像我们写完两篇语文作文 |
[11:06] | a science experiment, | 完成一个科学实验 |
[11:07] | and built the White House out of sugar cubes. | 又用方糖搭了一个白宫那次 |
[11:09] | It opened up our Sunday for filing | 为这我们那个星期六 |
[11:10] | Freedom of Information requests. | 提交了“资讯自由”请求 |
[11:12] | They may not have figured out who shot JFK, but we will. | 他们可能找不出杀约翰肯尼迪的凶手 |
[11:15] | You know, once in a while, | 但我们会找出来的 有时候 |
[11:17] | it’s good to know nerds. Let’s do this. | 认识个笨蛋也不错 我们开始吧 |
[11:30] | Um, what are you doing? | 第一章 服务行为 |
[11:32] | Fluffing your pillow to show you I care. | 你在干嘛? 拍松你的枕头 让你知道我对你的关心 |
[11:34] | But I like it flat and limp. | 但我喜欢枕扁枕头 |
[11:38] | No. | 不 第二章 肢体接触 |
[11:48] | What’s happening right now? | 这是在干嘛? |
[11:50] | I’m expressing physical touch. | 我在和你进行肢体接触 |
[11:52] | Are you enjoying yourself? | 你喜欢吗? 喜欢吗? |
[11:53] | Are you? | 第三章 言语肯定 |
[12:00] | Good job buttering that toast. | 你给吐司抹黄油抹得好好啊 |
[12:02] | Even spread right up to the crust. | 特别均匀 |
[12:04] | Nice. | 都抹到面包皮上了 真棒 |
[12:07] | Yes, I will make you some, too. | 没事 |
[12:15] | Writing all these invitations wiped me out. | 我给你也抹点 写请柬快把我累垮了 |
[12:17] | I can’t imagine how you made all these cupcakes. | 真不知道你怎样做完这些纸杯蛋糕的 |
[12:20] | I ate every fifth one to keep my energy up. | 我做四个吃一个 这样就能保持能量 |
[12:21] | I gave those balloons everything I had. | 为了打这些气球 我都使出吃奶的力气了 |
[12:24] | Look, at least we’re done. | 不管怎么说咱们完成了 |
[12:26] | Whoa. | |
[12:27] | You guys already did this without me? | |
[12:29] | I thought we were gonna do it together. | 你们自己就把这些都弄完了? |
[12:31] | Well, now all that’s left to do is party. | 我还说咱们一起弄呢 现在只剩下开派对了! |
[12:33] | Wow, you guys are really into this, huh? | 看来你们真是兴致勃勃啊 是吧? |
[12:35] | -Of course, we are. -Yeah, anything for you, Dad. | -当然啦当然啦 -我们什么都愿意为你做 老爸 |
[12:38] | Well, now that you’ve freed up all this time — | 既然你们把时间都省下了 那… |
[12:40] | let’s dance! | 咱们跳舞吧! |
[12:42] | What? I’m gonna teach you the cha-cha, | 什么? |
[12:44] | and we’ll perform it together at my party! | 我教你们跳恰恰舞 |
[12:46] | -What? -This is perfect. | 派对上我们一起表演 |
[12:47] | You know, I learned when I was your age. | -什么? -太棒了 我就是像你们 这么大的时候学的恰恰舞 |
[12:49] | But we’re three different ages. | 但我们仨不同岁啊 |
[12:51] | You guys said this party is about | 你们说这场派对 是为了庆祝我成为今天的自己 |
[12:52] | celebrating what makes me, me. | 你们说这场派对 是为了庆祝我成为今天的自己 |
[12:54] | And what makes me, me — | 那我是怎么成为今天的自己的呢? |
[12:55] | cha-cha! | 跳恰恰舞 |
[12:56] | Great. Great. | 跳恰恰舞 太好了 |
[13:01] | Jessica, what is this all about? | 太好了 洁西卡 这是什么意思啊? |
[13:04] | I know it’s not technically your birthday yet, | 我知道今天还不是你的生日 |
[13:08] | but I was too excited to wait! | 但我已经迫不及待了 |
[13:14] | Great card. | 好棒的贺卡 |
[13:15] | Really great. | 真的很棒 |
[13:26] | Well, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[13:27] | Jessica, I love it! | 洁西卡 |
[13:29] | For a second, | 我喜欢这个! |
[13:30] | I thought there was gonna be a really big tie in there. | 我刚才有一瞬间 还以为这里面是一条大领带来着 |
[13:32] | Oh, no. What can I say? You know, it’s your 40th. | 这不是应该的吗? 这可是你的40岁生日啊 |
[13:35] | The ax represents the importance of exploring the world | 斧子代表着无论你多大年纪 都不要忘记 |
[13:38] | and building a life no matter how old you get. | 探索世界 |
[13:41] | A symbolic tool. Amazing. | 塑造人生的重要性 |
[13:44] | Honey: Louis? | 好有意义的斧子 太棒了 |
[13:45] | Hey, Honey. | -路易斯? -嘿 哈妮! |
[13:47] | Can you believe this amazing gift Jessica got me? | 看看洁西卡送我的这个超棒的礼物! |
[13:49] | She knew just what I wanted without even asking. | 她都不用“砍”就知道我想要什么 |
[13:52] | Dad jokes. I’m 40. | 我的笑话太老套了 毕竟40了嘛 |
[13:59] | Wow. An American felling ax. | 一把美式伐木斧啊 |
[14:00] | What a thoughtful gift. | 这礼物考虑得真周到 |
[14:02] | How did you come up with that? | 你是怎么想到送这个的? |
[14:04] | Dream. It came to me in a dream. | 在梦里 在梦里想到的 |
[14:05] | Louis: Oh, if you think this is thoughtful, | 还有更周到的呢 |
[14:07] | wait till you hear what she wrote in the card. | 你看看她贺卡里写了什么 |
[14:09] | No, no, Louis. | 不不 路易斯 太私密了 |
[14:10] | Personal! It’s so personal. | 太私密了 |
[14:12] | What it is is beautiful. | 是很美 |
[14:14] | “To my loving husband, on this day, | “致我亲爱的老公” |
[14:17] | you’re not over the hill, | “40岁生日这天 你不是从此走上了下坡路” |
[14:19] | you’re on top of it.” | “而是伫立在顶峰” |
[14:21] | Really beautiful card. | 写得多么好 |
[14:22] | That’s one hell of a dream you had. | 写得多么好 你做的梦可真妙啊 |
[14:25] | I’m gonna go see what I look like | 我要照照镜子看看我拿着这个什么样 |
[14:27] | holding this in a mirror. Well, I feel like you’re upset with me about Louis’ gift. | 我知道你对我送路易斯的礼物不开心 |
[14:34] | Of course I’m upset! | 我当然不开心 |
[14:36] | Marvin put a lot of thought into that ax, | 马尔文送斧子是花了很多心思的 |
[14:37] | and you stole it! | 但你却偷了他的斧子 |
[14:39] | Well, I panicked. | 我真的不知道该怎么办了 |
[14:40] | Louis’ birthday is soon, and I have nothing. | 路易斯的生日马上就要到了 我还什么也没准备 |
[14:43] | First, you got in my head about the tie, | 你先是跟我说送领带没新意 |
[14:45] | and then you gave me that book that didn’t work. | 又送给我那本不管用的书 |
[14:47] | So, in a way, this is all your fault. | 归结起来 这都是你的错 |
[14:49] | You stole Marvin’s ax. | 是你偷了马尔文的斧子 |
[14:51] | I st– I — | 我偷了… |
[14:54] | Jessica, I cannot believe this. | 洁西卡 我真不敢相信 |
[14:57] | Louis: Now I know you’re probably thinking, | 黄路易斯的牛仔牧场牛排屋 我知道你们现在在想 |
[15:00] | “Where’s our matching outfits?” | “我们配套的服装在哪儿呢?” |
[15:01] | But don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[15:03] | I’ve got Hector swinging by the tailor | 我让赫克托 等会儿运回一车肋排之后 |
[15:04] | after he picks up a pallet of ribs. | 就去裁缝那儿一趟 |
[15:06] | Now, eyes on me. | 现在 看着我 |
[15:13] | * One, two, cha-cha-cha * | 一 |
[15:16] | * One, two, cha-cha-cha * | 二 恰恰恰 |
[15:17] | See what I’m doing here? | 看见我的动作了吗? |
[15:18] | * Cha-cha-cha | 看见我的动作了吗? |
[15:19] | * One, two, cha-cha-cha * | 恰恰恰 一 二 恰恰恰 |
[15:21] | Eddie: Are you sure about this? | 你确定我们能学会吗? |
[15:22] | I mean, we’d hate to interrupt the party | 我们可不想在派对 |
[15:24] | that’s in full swing to do a dance. | 进行得最热烈的时候搞砸了 |
[15:26] | Louis: Keep the hips loose, just like this. | 放松臀部 就像这样 |
[15:27] | Arms up, and a smile. | 手向上 然后微笑 |
[15:30] | That’s the most important thing — the smile. | 微笑是最重要的 |
[15:32] | “Suck it up and go camping,” I said, but no. | 我说过就去露营得了 |
[15:34] | No one listens to me. | 你们谁也不听我的 |
[15:35] | You’re the one who reminded him | 是你让他记起来 |
[15:37] | he’s the Cha Cha King of Taipei. | 他是台北市恰恰舞之王 |
[15:38] | He’s the king of this? | 他是恰恰舞之王? |
[15:40] | What kind of kingdom is this? | 那恰恰舞王国又是个什么东西? |
[15:41] | Your arms are like — like broken bird wings. | 胳膊要这样 就像… 就像断掉的鸟翅膀 |
[15:45] | Just like they’re broken. | 就好像骨折了似的 |
[15:49] | A cha-cha-cha! | 啊恰恰恰! |
[15:57] | This is how it ends for me. | 原来我的死法是被斧子砍死 |
[15:59] | I would’ve knocked, | 原来我的死法是被斧子砍死 我应该敲门的 但我怕吵醒宝宝 |
[16:00] | but I didn’t want to wake the baby. | 我应该敲门的 但我怕吵醒宝宝 |
[16:01] | Oh, now you’re worried about others? | 你现在知道考虑别人了? |
[16:04] | I’m sorry I stole this. | 我偷了这把斧子 真的对不起 |
[16:06] | I’m just worried I don’t know Louis as well as I think I do. | 我就是担心 我没有自己想象中那样 了解路易斯 |
[16:09] | What are you talking about? | 你怎么会这么想? |
[16:10] | You saw how excited he got with the ax. | 你也看到他收到这斧子有多开心了 |
[16:12] | I never would have thought to get him something like this. | 我根本就不会想到送他这种东西 |
[16:15] | Well, of course, you wouldn’t. | 你当然不会想到 |
[16:16] | Louis and Marvin have a different relationship | 路易斯和马尔文之间的 |
[16:17] | than you two do. | 关系和你们俩之间的关系是不同的 |
[16:19] | They’re into chili, “Ernest” movies, | 他们喜欢辣椒 |
[16:21] | and turning tires into swings. | 欧内斯特的电影 还有把轮胎做成秋千 |
[16:23] | Do you really want to sit around talking about axes? | 你真的喜欢坐下来聊斧子聊半天吗? |
[16:25] | No, I don’t. Me, neither. | 不 我不喜欢 |
[16:28] | You and I have a different relationship. | 是啊 我也不喜欢 你和我又是另一种关系 |
[16:30] | You think they want to sit around | 你觉得他们会喜欢聊斯蒂芬金的小说 |
[16:31] | discussing Stephen King novels | |
[16:33] | or spend an afternoon prank-calling Deidre? | 或者一整个下午 玩“给蒂亚蕾打电话”的恶作剧吗? |
[16:36] | “I’ll wear your face as my face.” | “我会把你的脸皮贴在我的脸上” |
[16:40] | We do have fun. Mm-hmm. | 多有意思啊 |
[16:41] | And so do you and Louis. | 你和路易斯也是这样 |
[16:43] | I mean, Jessica, you know him better than anyone. | 我的意思是 洁西卡 你比任何人都要了解路易斯 |
[16:45] | I’m sure you’ll find the perfect gift. | 我相信你一定能找到最好的礼物的 |
[16:47] | -And you’re sure it’s not — -It’s not a tie. | -不过肯定不是… -不是领带 |
[16:52] | 5, 6, 7, 8. | 五 六 七 八 |
[16:57] | All right, now this part right here is important. | 好了 现在到重要的部分了 |
[16:59] | How many parts are there? | 到底有多少个部分? |
[17:00] | Well, there’s four basic ones, | 有四个基础部分 |
[17:02] | but we’re not stopping there. | 但我们不能光学基础啊 |
[17:03] | I didn’t win the crown by keeping things simple. | 要跳得那么简单 我怎么能赢得恰恰舞之王的宝座? |
[17:05] | Hey, holster those bony wrists. | 别老拿你那尖胳膊肘撞我 |
[17:08] | Evan, make sure you don’t work a slow step in there. | 艾文 舞步千万不能慢了 |
[17:10] | This isn’t a mambo. | 这可不是曼波舞 |
[17:11] | I’m not a visual learner. | 我又不是看看就能学会 |
[17:13] | Eddie, remember to breathe. | 艾迪 |
[17:14] | You’re looking a little stiff. | 别忘了呼吸 你看起来有点僵硬 |
[17:16] | I don’t have the hips for this. | 我没胯骨 不适合跳这个 |
[17:20] | It’s okay, boys. | 没关系 |
[17:21] | Much like the cha-cha itself, | 孩子 |
[17:23] | learning to dance is often two steps forward | 跟恰恰舞一样 |
[17:25] | and a rock-step back. | 大多舞蹈都是 向前两步再向后一个摇滚步 |
[17:26] | Do we really have to do this? Yeah. | 一定要全部学完吗? |
[17:28] | Can we just be done? -Trust me. | 是啊 就到这儿不行吗? |
[17:30] | I remember when I was first learning. | 相信我 我第一次学的时候 |
[17:31] | It gets a lot more fun the more you do it! | 越跳越有意思 |
[17:33] | None of this is fun for any of us. | 这一点儿意思都没有 |
[17:36] | It’s just dumb. -But you’re the ones | 对我们来说 这太无聊了 |
[17:38] | who suggested I throw this party. | 是你们建议我开派对的啊 |
[17:39] | We’re only here because you guys were so excited for it. | 就是因为你们喜欢所以我们才做这些 |
[17:42] | That’s only because we didn’t want to go camping with you. | 那只是因为我们不想跟你一起去露营 |
[17:46] | Oh. Look, uh, this was a bad idea. | 办派对没什么意思 |
[17:50] | Sorry I wasted your time. | 对不起 浪费你们时间了 |
[17:51] | -That’s not what we — -No, I get it. | -我们不是这个… -我明白 |
[17:53] | I’m gonna make this easier on all of us. | 我不应该让大家这么麻烦 |
[17:55] | Let’s just cancel the party. | 派对取消吧 |
[17:59] | Well, dance continues to destroy our family. | 舞蹈又一次毁了咱们这个家 |
[18:05] | What? | 什么? |
[18:09] | How’s the party-planning coming? | 派对策划得怎么样了? |
[18:10] | I need it to be a home run | 我想在家里办 |
[18:12] | because I still don’t have a gift for your father. | 因为我还没准备好生日礼物 |
[18:14] | Is a “gift horse” a real thing? | 是真有人不对礼物挑三拣四吗 |
[18:15] | Or is that just one of those weird sayings? | 还是这只是个不靠谱的谚语? |
[18:17] | The party’s off. | -派对取消了 |
[18:18] | It’s off?! Why?! | -取消了?为什么? |
[18:19] | Because Evan can’t cha-cha. | 因为艾文不会跳恰恰舞 |
[18:21] | I’m sorry, Mom. We ruined Dad’s 40th. | 对不起 妈妈 我们破坏了爸爸的40岁生日 |
[18:26] | Okay, we haven’t ruined it yet. | 没关系 现在还来得及 |
[18:28] | His birthday’s tomorrow, and we’re not gonna let him down. | 明天是他的生日 我们不能让他失望 |
[18:30] | We just need to think. What does your father like? | 我们得想想 你们爸爸喜欢什么? |
[18:32] | -His hair? -Drying his hair? | -喜欢他的头发? -喜欢吹头发? |
[18:34] | I got it. “Legends of the Fall.” | 我明白了 喜欢《燃情岁月》 |
[18:36] | It’s what started this whole mess! | 这部电影就是始作俑者 |
[18:37] | Let’s watch it! | |
[18:39] | Sure, there’s no mother character to root for, | 我们一起看吧 虽然里面没有可敬可爱的妈妈角色 |
[18:41] | but maybe it will give us some ideas. | 但是可以给我们一些灵感 |
[18:42] | Might even cheer us up! | 没准还能给咱们加油打气 |
[18:44] | Whoa. | |
[18:46] | That was one heavy movie. | 这电影真沉重啊 |
[18:47] | Nearly everyone died. | 差不多都死光了 |
[18:49] | Why would anyone watch this? | 谁会看这电影啊? |
[18:51] | It’s just a two-hour tragedy | 这电影用两个小时描述了 |
[18:52] | about a family wishing they had more time together. | 一个渴望团聚的家庭所发生的悲剧 |
[18:56] | Come on, Louis. Almost there. | 来 路易斯 马上就要到了… |
[19:00] | Okay. Take off your blindfold. | 好了 摘下眼罩吧 |
[19:07] | You brought the Big Sky wilderness | 你们把野外风光搬到奥兰多了 |
[19:08] | to Orlando. This is the best birthday gift ever. | 这是我收到过的最好的生日礼物 |
[19:13] | We realized that the one thing you love | 我们刚明白 |
[19:15] | more than anything in the world | 你在这世界上最想做的事 |
[19:16] | is spending time with your family. | 其实是和家人在一起 |
[19:18] | Emery: We also took some inspiration | 我们还从你喜欢的那部感伤电影里 |
[19:19] | from that depressing movie you love. | 获得了点儿灵感 |
[19:21] | You watched “Legends”? | 你们看《燃情岁月》了? |
[19:23] | For Anthony Hopkins to go from Hannibal Lecter | 瞧瞧安东尼霍普金斯从汉尼拔 |
[19:25] | to Colonel Ludlow? | 变成劳德罗上校的跨度是多么大啊 |
[19:26] | The range. | 这个演技! |
[19:27] | And we’re sorry, Dad. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[19:29] | We made your 40th birthday all about us | 你的40岁生日本来应该随你心意 |
[19:30] | when it’s supposed to be about you. | 但我们光考虑自己了 |
[19:32] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没事 |
[19:33] | Maybe I went a bit overboard. | 可能是我有点兴奋过头了 |
[19:35] | When you said my next milestone would be 50, | 你们说下一个 重要生日是我50岁的时候 |
[19:37] | I realized you boys will be out of the house. | 我想到那时候你们肯定都不在家里了 |
[19:39] | You’ll be gone. | -你们会远走高飞 -爸爸 |
[19:41] | Dad, no matter where we are, | 不管我们在哪儿 |
[19:42] | we’ll always come back to see you. | 我们都会回来看你 谢谢你们 |
[19:46] | Thanks, guys. This is such a thoughtful gift. | 孩子们 这礼物真贴心 |
[19:49] | -Happy birthday! -Hey, buddy. | -生日快乐! -嘿 |
[19:51] | I invited them, too. | 老弟! 我把他们也请过来了 |
[19:52] | Hey! | -嘿! -嘿 |
[19:54] | Jessica got me that same ax. | 洁西卡送了我一把一模一样的斧子 |
[19:56] | Okay, about that. | 额 关于那个 |
[19:59] | I stole Marvin’s ax and gave it to you. | 我偷了马尔文的斧子然后给了你 |
[20:01] | I was worried that the tie I got you | 我担心送你领带 |
[20:03] | wouldn’t be meaningful enough for this birthday. | 对这次生日来说不够隆重 |
[20:05] | Are you kidding? I love my birthday ties. | 怎么会?我喜欢你送给我的领带 |
[20:08] | They’re my favorite accessory after my hair. | 它们是我最喜欢的配饰 仅次于我的头发 |
[20:10] | Hey, uh, Marvin, fire pit’s looking a little light. | 嘿 马尔文 篝火有点变弱了 |
[20:13] | What do you say we split some timber? | 咱们砍点儿木头怎么样? |
[20:15] | All right, let’s do it, old man. | 好啊 砍去 老伙计 |
[20:16] | Maybe I ought to put on my steel-toe shoes. | 我应该戴上我的铁脚趾套 |
[20:19] | Can’t afford to lose any more toes. | 可不能再没一个脚趾了 |
[20:20] | -Come on, boys. | 来吧 孩子们 |
[20:25] | Looks like the book worked out after all. | 看来书还是起作用了 |
[20:26] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思? |
[20:28] | The campsite where you guys are spending the night? | 在露营的地方过夜 |
[20:30] | Having us over to sit by the fire? | 还邀请我们过来坐在篝火旁边 |
[20:33] | Louis’ love language is “Quality Time.” | 路易斯的爱之语是“高质量的时光” |
[20:35] | It’s in the book. Oh! I didn’t get that far. | 书里写着呢 |
[20:38] | I told you, you should have told me the ending. | 我还没读到那儿呢 我跟你说过应该先告诉我结尾 |
[20:45] | -Oh, oh! -Whoa, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[20:51] | Why do I have to be up against the sidewall? | 为什么我挨着墙睡? |
[20:52] | It’s damp. | 太潮了 |
[20:53] | Ow! | |
[20:55] | Emery was right. | 艾默利说得对 |
[20:56] | What’s going on with your wrists? | 你的胳膊干嘛老戳人 |
[20:57] | They’re growing. | 我身体在长啊 三 |
[20:58] | -Shh! -Three…two…one… | 二 一… |
[21:01] | midnight. | 午夜了 |
[21:02] | I did it. | 午夜了 |
[21:05] | I’m 40. | 我40岁了 |
[21:06] | -Yay. -Happy birthday. | -生日快乐 |
[21:07] | Jessica: How do you feel? | 你什么感觉? -嗯 |
[21:08] | Like my best days are ahead of me. | 感觉我最好的日子正在前面等着我 |
[21:10] | You enjoying tent life? | 你喜欢露营吗? |
[21:11] | -It’s miserable. I hate camping. -So do I. | 太难受了 我讨厌露营 |
[21:14] | -Same. -There’s no air flow. | -我也是 -我也是 这里面太闷了 |
[21:16] | Yeah, I thought I’d feel more like Brad Pitt. | 我本来以为自己像布拉德皮特一样 |
[21:18] | I think us Huangs are indoor cats. | 我觉得咱们黄家的男人 |
[21:20] | Should we all go inside? | 还是比较喜欢室内 我们要不回家去? |
[21:22] | -Yes! -Finally! Oh, my God. | -赶紧的吧 我的天 -快走 |
[21:24] | Yeah, bad idea. | 真不是什么美事 |