时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Thank you for coming over early | 谢谢你这么早过来 |
[00:09] | to help make Chinese New Year dinner, Elaine. | 帮我做年夜饭 伊莱恩 |
[00:11] | Oh, my pleasure. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[00:12] | We’ve never had a Chinese family in Orlando | 来奥兰多之后还没有 |
[00:14] | to spend this holiday with, | 华人家庭和我们一起过春节呢 |
[00:16] | so I’m going all out — | 所以我每次都准备得精疲力尽 |
[00:18] | long life noodles, lion-head meatballs, | 做长寿面 狮子头 |
[00:20] | sautéed beef, and the whole steamed fish. | 干煸牛肉 |
[00:23] | Oh. | 蒸鱼 |
[00:24] | Is eating the fish eye | 在你们家 |
[00:25] | also a big deal in your family? | 吃鱼眼是不是也是个传统? |
[00:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[00:28] | One slimy eyeball is a small price to pay | 虽然黏糊的眼球很恶心 |
[00:30] | for an entire year of good fortune. | 但是跟收获 一整年的好运气比起来又算什么呢 |
[00:32] | With my mother-in-law, it’s fun to put up a fight, | 我总是跟我婆婆抢鱼眼 |
[00:34] | but it always goes to her because she’s the oldest. | 但到最后总是给她吃 因为她年纪最大嘛 |
[00:37] | Well, in my household, it’s never a fight, | 在我家 |
[00:40] | because I always get the fish eye. | 从来没人抢 每次都是我吃 |
[00:42] | Okay, these dumplings are done. | 饺子做好了 |
[00:44] | I put carrots in them because it’s the Year of the Rabbit. | 我在馅里放了胡萝卜 因为兔年要到了嘛 |
[00:47] | Aww, cute. | 可爱! |
[00:48] | Oh. | |
[00:49] | Those are dumplings? | 这就是你包的饺子? |
[00:51] | No one taught me how to make them, | 没人教过我 |
[00:52] | so I taught myself. | 所以我只能自己摸索 |
[00:53] | It is a one-handed technique | 这是一个单手技能 |
[00:55] | I call the clump-and-dump. | 一抓 一丢 就完事了 |
[01:00] | They’re not the prettiest, | 虽然不怎么好看 |
[01:01] | but I can knock them out real fast, | 但这样做起来特别快 |
[01:03] | and I’ve never heard any complaints. | 而且我还没听谁抱怨过呢 |
[01:04] | Grandma: Oh. | 我看见你又做你的一抓一扔饺子了 |
[01:14] | –Captions by VITAC– | 我要去一趟塔可钟… 谁要去? |
[01:16] | ♪ Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:17] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:19] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know ♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:21] | ♪ Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:23] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from ♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:25] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:27] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat | 《初来乍到》 初来乍到 多多指教 恭喜你 |
[01:38] | Ooh, she’s a delight. | 你今年的饺子特别硬 我要把这些饺子 扔到窗户外给花栗鼠 她挺有意思的 |
[01:40] | No, Elaine, actually, she is terrible. | 不 |
[01:44] | Hmm. | 伊莱恩 她太烦人了 |
[01:45] | My mother-in-law and I | 我和我婆婆关系特别紧张 |
[01:46] | have a very bumpy relationship, | |
[01:48] | especially on Chinese New Year. | 尤其是到春节的时候 |
[01:50] | I do all the work, and she ruins things. | 她把我辛辛苦苦做的一切都破坏个遍 |
[01:53] | You see this wrinkle? | 看见我脑门上这条皱纹了吗? |
[01:55] | That’s from the Year of the Horse. | 这就是马年的时候长的 |
[01:58] | I don’t see anything.Well, that is because my skin is perfect, | 我没看见皱纹啊 那是因为我皮肤好 |
[02:01] | but trust me, it is there. | 但那条皱纹绝对还在 |
[02:04] | I guess that’s just the way it is with mothers-in-law. | 婆媳之间的关系都这样 |
[02:06] | You get it. | 你懂的 |
[02:07] | Actually, I have a great relationship with mine. | 我和我婆婆的关系就挺好的 |
[02:11] | Oh, that’s a good one. | 这笑话真好笑 |
[02:14] | And they say women aren’t funny. | 谁说女人不幽默来着? |
[02:16] | No, really. | 不 是真的 |
[02:17] | Okay, my mother-in-law and I used to argue all the time | 以前我跟我婆婆也老是吵架 |
[02:20] | until we discovered we both love Colin Firth. | 后来有一天我们发现 我俩都喜欢科林佛尔斯 |
[02:23] | Oh, is he the white one with the brown hair? | 是那个棕色头发的白人吗? |
[02:26] | Mm. The key was to build a bridge, | 关键是要建立沟通的桥梁 |
[02:30] | which we did over a well-worn LaserDisc | 我们沟通的桥梁就是通过看 |
[02:32] | of “Pride and Prejudice.” | 《傲慢与偏见》旧版光碟建立的 |
[02:34] | It would be nice to have a Chinese New Year | 如果她不捣乱 |
[02:36] | she didn’t clump and dump on. | 过春节多好啊 |
[02:38] | Well, let me help. | 我来帮你 |
[02:39] | I mean, we’ve got hours till dinner. | 现在距离晚餐还有几个小时的时间 |
[02:41] | Oh. | |
[02:43] | I see that wrinkle now. | 我看见那条皱纹了 |
[02:44] | No, you don’t. | 当没看见 |
[02:46] | All right, boys. Turn off the TV and clean up that blanket. | 好了 孩子们 关了电视 把那条毯子收了 |
[02:49] | Blanket? That’s me. | 毯子?是在说我吗? |
[02:51] | Oh. Didn’t see you there, Emery. | 没看见你 |
[02:54] | Cozy. | 艾默利 真会享受 |
[02:55] | The rest of the Lee family is almost here. | 李家父子马上就要到了 |
[02:56] | We need to make a good impression. | 给人家点儿好印象 |
[02:57] | He means get your burps and farts out now. | 爸的意思是让你现在 把该打的嗝打完 该放的屁放完 |
[03:00] | This is why you’re still single, Eddie. | 明白你为什么到现在还单身了 |
[03:03] | Guys, save the insults for tomorrow. | 各位 明天再打嘴仗吧 |
[03:04] | No fighting today. | 今天不许吵 |
[03:08] | Would it have killed you | 你坐前排能怎么样 |
[03:09] | to just sit shotgun on the way over, Dad? | 老爸? |
[03:10] | I was sitting in a cab. | 我坐的是出租啊 那是我的出租 |
[03:12] | It was my cab! I was driving. | 我在开车 |
[03:14] | And I was off-duty.When I’m in a cab, I sit in the back. | 而且今天歇班 我坐出租的时候只坐后面 |
[03:16] | Uh, Julius, Horace. | 朱利叶斯!霍勒斯! |
[03:18] | Come in, come in. Meet my boys. | 快进来!看看我家孩子! |
[03:21] | This is my oldest, Eddie. | 这是我家老大 |
[03:23] | He just got his driver’s license. | 艾迪 刚拿了驾驶证 |
[03:25] | And this is my youngest, Evan. | 这是我家最小的 |
[03:27] | He skipped a grade. | 艾文 他在学校都跳级了 |
[03:28] | And this is Emery. | 这个是我家艾默利 |
[03:29] | He’s… | 他… |
[03:32] | wearing a retainer. | 戴着保持器呢 |
[03:35] | Retainer? | 保持器? |
[03:36] | Hey, guess what I brought? | 看看我给你们带什么来了? |
[03:39] | -Oh. -Red envelopes. | 红包! |
[03:41] | 40 bucks? | 40美元! |
[03:42] | I’m gonna convert these into ones | 我要把这些美元换成 |
[03:43] | and, like, roll around in it. | 一分一分的硬币然后躺在上边睡觉 |
[03:45] | And I’m this close to buying a weather balloon. | 我这下快要能买气象气球了 |
[03:47] | I prefer to take my own measurements. | 我比较喜欢自己测量气温 |
[03:49] | Enough of your lies, Al Roker. | 受够气象站的谎话了 |
[03:52] | You gave ’em 40 bucks each, | 你给他们一人40美金 |
[03:54] | and you couldn’t pitch in for a tank of gas? | 却没钱给我的车加油? |
[03:56] | You use premium. | 你不是能报销吗 |
[03:57] | And you use regular, like your face. | 你是不能报销 整天对我这副脸色 |
[04:04] | All right, Horace, that’s it. | 够了 霍勒斯! |
[04:06] | You, me, in the backyard, now! | 你跟我马上去院子里! |
[04:14] | Woman: What do you want? | 你要做什么? |
[04:16] | I heard you got a phone call from Brad. | 我听见你接布拉德的电话了 |
[04:21] | You know about the phone call? | 你知道这件事? 你要什么啊? |
[04:24] | Jessica: I-I was just wondering… | 我就是来找找… |
[04:26] | did I leave my rain poncho in here? | 我的雨衣是不是落这儿了 |
[04:31] | Oh, are you watching “The Young and the Restless”? | 你看的是《不安分的青春》吗? 正在看 但是这个屏幕太小 我看不准是谁在谁的背后吓人呢 |
[04:41] | Jessica, don’t you also like | 洁西卡 |
[04:43] | “The Young and the Restless”? | 你不是 也喜欢《不安分的青春》吗? |
[04:45] | No. Why are they restless? | 不 |
[04:46] | Life is easy when you’re young. | 他们干嘛不安分? 青春时代最轻松了 |
[04:47] | You’re not helping.Neither are you. | -你根本帮不上忙 -你也是 |
[04:48] | Ai-ya! I can’t watch my show with all the whisper-whisper. | 你们在这儿叽叽咕咕的 我都没法好好看电视了 我要去麻将馆了 |
[04:55] | Wait, wait, i-if you want to play mahjong, | 等下 你要是想玩麻将的话 |
[04:58] | why don’t we just do it here? | 咱们几个在这儿玩好不好? |
[04:59] | Jessica would love to sit in. | 洁西卡肯定愿意坐下来待会儿 好极了 是免费的钱! |
[05:09] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛? |
[05:11] | Jenny lives at the mahjong parlor. | 洁妮整天待在麻将馆里 |
[05:12] | She’s the reason they built that ramp. | 所以那儿才建了个坡道 |
[05:14] | Yeah, that’s great. | 那很好啊 |
[05:15] | What better way to find common ground | 但除此之外还有什么 |
[05:17] | than doing something that shelikes? | 和她建立共同点的好办法? |
[05:19] | I’m really bad at it. | 我麻将玩得太差了 |
[05:20] | And I don’t like playing games I can’t win. | 而且我不会玩我赢不了的游戏 |
[05:22] | It’s not about what you like. | 这不是你愿不愿意的问题 |
[05:24] | It’s about connecting. | 这是为了你们俩的关系 |
[05:26] | Grandma: Hey. | 嘿! 你们两个叮当准备好了吗? |
[05:29] | One, two, three… | 一 二 |
[05:31] | Ugh, we don’t have a fourth player. | 三… 我们还缺一个人 |
[05:33] | I guess we can’t play. | 可能玩不了了 我能找到第四个人 |
[05:37] | All right, are we playing Chinese Classical | 我们是玩经典的还是新式的? |
[05:39] | or Chinese New Style? | 你们真的不打算 |
[05:42] | Uh, you, uh, guys sure you don’t wanna settle this with a game of Horse? | 通过投篮解决争议吗? |
[05:45] | Pig, if we’re short on time? | 要是时间不够的话羽毛球也行 |
[05:47] | All right, on the count of 3, | 数到三 |
[05:48] | we’re gonna tussle. | 我们就开打 |
[05:49] | Excuse me, Mr. Huang. | 抱歉 |
[05:51] | You’re in the line of my tackle. | 黄先生 你挡到我了 |
[05:53] | Uh, guys, I saw some rabbits out here. | 两位 |
[05:54] | There might be poops. | 我刚才看见这儿有兔子 说不定这地方有兔子屎 |
[05:55] | Oh, perfect, it’s the Year of the Rabbit. | 很好啊 正好今年是兔年嘛 |
[05:57] | And I’m sick of the way | 我已经受不了他整天嘚吧嘚了 |
[05:58] | this one’s been running his mouth all day. | |
[06:00] | The only thing I’m running is the pain train. | 我整天嘚吧嘚是因为你太过分 |
[06:02] | Next stop — your body. | 接下来你就小心你自己吧 |
[06:05] | He’s gonna take his glasses off, right? | 他是不是要摘下眼镜了? |
[06:06] | I can’t believe this is actually happening. | 真不敢相信他们真的要打架了 |
[06:08] | I knew we should’ve built that steel cage. | 我就知道咱们该造那个铁笼子 |
[06:10] | “We don’t need a steel cage, Eddie. | “我们不需要铁笼子 |
[06:12] | We’re never gonna use it.” | 艾迪 我们用不着那个” |
[06:13] | Care to make this more interesting? | 想更有趣儿些吗? |
[06:15] | Maybe put our red-envelope money on the match? | 要不要拿压岁钱赌一个? |
[06:18] | Hell yeah. My money’s on Julius. | 好啊 我赌朱利叶斯赢 |
[06:20] | He has forearms the size of thighs | 他胳膊跟大腿一样粗 |
[06:21] | and thighs the size of… | 大腿跟… |
[06:23] | double-thighs. | 两个大腿一样粗 |
[06:24] | True. | 是 |
[06:26] | But Horace has youth and vitality on his side. | 但霍勒斯更年轻更有活力啊 |
[06:28] | Ugh, you’re right. I’m taking Horace. | 你说得对 我押霍勒斯 |
[06:31] | You ready, old-timer? | -你准备好了吗 |
[06:32] | Oh, I’m ready!Let’s go! | 老家伙?开始吧! -准备好了! |
[06:34] | Hey, hey, I’m sure this isn’t anything | 嘿 |
[06:35] | a nice limeade can’t fix. | 我觉得这事咱们 坐下来喝杯果汁就解决了 |
[06:36] | How about we go inside | 咱们进去文明地聊… |
[06:37] | and talk this out like civilize– | |
[06:39] | Both: 1, 2, 3! | -一!二!三! |
[06:48] | Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho! | -一!二!三! |
[06:49] | You guys grappling? | 你们在格斗吗? |
[06:50] | I’m next. | 一会儿我来! |
[06:54] | Hey, your dad told me about your retainer. | 你爸爸跟我说你戴保持器了 |
[06:56] | You need any extra cases, I can hook you up. | 你想要多余的盒子的话 我有的是 |
[06:59] | Yes! | 好! |
[07:05] | No! | 不! |
[07:07] | This is why you never take gambling advice | 所以你赌博的时候 |
[07:08] | from the person you’re betting against. | 从来不应该听对家的意见 |
[07:11] | You okay, son? | 你没事吧 儿子? |
[07:12] | I am now. | 没事了 |
[07:13] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢老爸 |
[07:15] | Uh…what just happened? | 刚才是怎么回事? |
[07:18] | Oh, we tussle every Chinese New Year. | 我们每个春节都打一架 |
[07:20] | It’s our reset button to start the year fresh. | 这是我们辞旧迎新的方式 |
[07:22] | Uh-huh, back in the Navy, | 我当海军的时候 |
[07:23] | we used to call that a Submarine Scramble. | 我们是进行水下争夺战 |
[07:26] | Oh, is that what that means? | 是这么回事吗? |
[07:28] | Well, in our family, our fists are our words. | 在我们家 我们都是用拳头说话 |
[07:31] | Right, boys? | 对吧 孩子们? |
[07:32] | -Sure. -If you say so. | -对 -愿意咋说咋说 |
[07:33] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[07:37] | Is Emery mad at me? | 艾默利生我的气了吗? |
[07:38] | Just a guess, but earlier you introduced him | 我猜啊 |
[07:41] | as “the one with the retainer.” | 是因为你刚才介绍 他的时候说他是“戴保持器的那个” |
[07:42] | Really? I don’t think that bothered him. | 是吗?我不知道说这个他不高兴啊 |
[07:44] | Wanna bet 40 bucks it did? | 想不想赌40美金他就是为这个? |
[07:49] | ♪ Yeah | |
[07:51] | ♪ Yeah | |
[07:54] | ♪ Yeah | |
[07:56] | ♪ Rolling dice can help you or hurt you, the virtue ♪ | |
[07:58] | ♪ Is knowing when to quit | |
[08:00] | ♪ ‘Cause you’ve hit your cash curfew ♪ | |
[08:01] | ♪ Even if you have to get swift and swindle ♪ ♪ It’s as long as you win, so close you’re simple ♪ | 我赢啦! |
[08:06] | ♪ I see people rolling dice with lives ♪ ♪ Telling lies, and cutting throats like knives ♪ ♪ That’ll be the reason why you’ll bleed from greed ♪ | 我赢啦! |
[08:13] | ♪ Ready to diss your own brother at breakneck speed ♪ ♪ You roll the dice real fast and think you’re nice ♪ ♪ But got to be more precise | 你们让我赢得这么容易 |
[08:21] | ♪ ‘Cause I’ll keep looking, and you’ll keep scheming ♪ ♪ I’ll start hooking, and you’ll be screaming ♪ ♪ Starting a tries in a alibis ♪ | 建立共同点 |
[08:28] | Ha! I win.♪ ‘Cause you keep rolling snake eyes ♪ | 我赢啦! |
[08:31] | Disqualification. | 不算 |
[08:33] | What? | 什么? 这不是一整套 天呐 就像你想要输了 |
[08:39] | How did you get to be so good, Jenny? | 你是怎么玩得这么好的 洁妮? |
[08:41] | Patience. | 耐心 |
[08:43] | Wait until your enemy make a mistake | 耐心等待你的对手犯错 |
[08:47] | and then pounce. | 然后反击 |
[08:50] | Oh, did y’all catch Roker this morning? | 你们今天早上看天气预报了吗? |
[08:52] | ‘Cause he’s predicting a strong…south wind. | 预报上说最近有很强的南风 你看 洁西卡? 你的金发女朋友都比你打得好 |
[09:02] | Okay, I get it! | 好 |
[09:04] | I’m bad at mahjong! | 我知道了 我麻将打得很烂! |
[09:06] | Why don’t we all have a laugh at the big dum-dum! | 你们怎么不大声笑话我这个笨蛋! |
[09:08] | Ha ha ha, Jessica, you big dum-dum. | 洁西卡 |
[09:11] | Ha ha ha! | 你这个笨蛋! |
[09:14] | Deidre: Yikes. | 啊 |
[09:16] | Ho boy. | 天 放过她吧 整个星期她在辛苦地工作 |
[09:23] | Jessica… | 洁西卡… 你要不要去休息休息 那我就帮你清理这个乱地方 |
[09:30] | Bridge. | 共同点! |
[09:33] | I’m like one tile away from Wriggling Snake. | 我还差一张牌就和了! |
[09:43] | Grandma: Oops. | |
[09:45] | Oops. Oops. | |
[09:47] | It’s okay. I’ll clean it up. | 没事 我来收拾 不不不 让我来 |
[09:51] | Why are you being so nice to me? | 你干嘛对我这么好? 你看起来个子小又脆弱 我觉得很糟糕 |
[09:58] | It was like seeing Mike Tyson with his little pigeons. | 就像麦克泰森养小鸽子一样 |
[10:01] | I am not pigeon Mike Tyson. I’m ear-biting Mike Tyson. | 我可不是养小鸽子的麦克泰森 我是咬耳朵的麦克泰森 |
[10:05] | Either way, you’re clearly on edge. | 不管是什么 你都有点激动了 |
[10:08] | Well, it didn’t help | 你说这话也不能 弥补拿我的饺子喂松鼠的行为 说得好 |
[10:09] | that you were throwing my dumplings at chipmunks. | 你要不要我教给 你怎么包像样的饺子? 我教给你我们祖传的做法 |
[10:20] | The one with gunpowder? | 用火药那种? |
[10:21] | Shh. | 那个金发女孩子有大耳朵有大嘴 |
[10:32] | Other then Grandma, nothing smells better than fresh cash. | 除了奶奶 没有什么 比现金的味道更好闻 |
[10:35] | Take me home tonight, Eddie’s money. | 今晚带我回家吧 艾迪的钱 |
[10:37] | You guys had action on our tussle? | 你们拿我们摔跤的事打赌了? |
[10:40] | That’s awesome. | 太会玩了! |
[10:41] | What happened to your vitality out there, man? | 你不是挺有活力的吗 怎么输了? |
[10:44] | All right, who’s up for some limeade? | 谁想喝果汁? |
[10:46] | Horace: Oh, yes. Ah. | 好啊 |
[10:48] | Hey, um, sorry about the retainer thing. | 保持器的事是我不对 |
[10:51] | Do you wanna talk about it? | 你想聊聊吗? |
[10:52] | No, hard to talk with metal in my mouth. | 不了 有东西在嘴里不好聊天 |
[10:54] | I’ll be in my room. | 我去房间了 |
[10:57] | Ooh, he does not like you. | 他不喜欢你 |
[11:00] | You guys should try a tussle. | 你们俩应该打一架 |
[11:02] | That’s a great idea, Dad. | 没错 老爸 你说得对 |
[11:03] | Aww, thanks, buddy. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[11:05] | What? I can’t fight my son.Sure you can. | -什么?我不能跟儿子打架啊 -你当然可以 |
[11:07] | Quick shot to the throat, he won’t be able to breathe. | 冲着脖子来一拳 他就喘不上气了 |
[11:08] | While he’s stunned, you pin him. | 等他发愣的时候 你就擒住他 |
[11:09] | Yeah, I love to use my ‘bows. | 没错 我喜欢用手肘 |
[11:11] | I call them nature’s hammers. | 我叫它们“天然的锤头” |
[11:12] | Where were those ‘bows 10 minutes ago? | 你那锤头十分钟之前干嘛去了? |
[11:14] | No, I’m not afraid to fight him. | 我不是害怕跟他打架 |
[11:16] | I just don’t want to. | 我是不愿意 |
[11:18] | That’ll make things even worse. | 那样只会让情况变糟 |
[11:19] | If you say so. | 随你怎么想吧 |
[11:20] | Well, if there’s no tussle, | 如果不打架的话 |
[11:22] | I’m gonna go clock in a quick shift | 我就去签个到 |
[11:23] | and capitalize on that Goo Goo Dolls post-concert rush. | 然后去“咕咕玩偶”音乐会 现场拉散场后出来的人们了 |
[11:27] | Hey, drive safe out there. | 嘿 路上注意安全 |
[11:29] | I love you.Love you. | -我爱你 -爱你 |
[11:33] | All right, Emery, that’s it! | 好吧 艾默利 够了! |
[11:34] | You, me, in the backyard, now! | 马上跟我去院子里! 他们已经都浮上来了… 你可以准备捞出来了 |
[11:45] | Like children in a ball pit. | 就像小孩子跳进气球池里一样 对不起 这个是很坏的习惯 |
[11:53] | I know. I’ve seen it before. | 我知道 我看到你那样过 |
[11:59] | Mmm. These are incredible. | 真好吃 我知道 下一次我要教给你怎么打麻将 你糟透了 |
[12:05] | The only reason I lose | 我输的原因是 |
[12:06] | is because I don’t know the game well enough to cheat. | 我现在还没掌握玩麻将作弊的方法 你作弊啊? 我真是对你很佩服呢 |
[12:13] | Oh, yeah. | 是吧 |
[12:14] | Sometimes I hide Trivial Pursuit wedges in my mouth. | 有时候我会把 |
[12:17] | Tricky-tricky. | “猜谜大挑战”的小蛋糕放到我嘴里 好狡猾啊 |
[12:19] | When I play board games with the boys, | 我和孩子们玩桌游的筹码是做家务 |
[12:21] | we play for chores. | |
[12:23] | I haven’t had to scrub a toilet in five years. | 我已经五年没有刷过马桶了 |
[12:26] | Oh, you bad mama. | 你这个坏妈妈!你真坏! |
[12:28] | You’re real bad. | |
[12:32] | All right. | 这次搏斗要公平公正 |
[12:33] | I want a clean tussle, | |
[12:35] | nothing below the belt. | 不能在腰带底下藏东西 |
[12:37] | Why do we have to do this? | 我们干嘛非得打架? |
[12:39] | Because you’re mad at me and we need to reset. | 因为你在生我的气 我们得解决一下 |
[12:41] | By fighting? | 打架解决? |
[12:42] | You sure you want to do this, Lou? | 你真的要这么做吗 阿路? |
[12:43] | I’d be happy to step in for your boy. | 我可以代替你儿子跟你打 |
[12:45] | Will everyone stop trying to talk me out of this? | 你们能不能别劝我了? |
[12:47] | It worked for Julius and Horace. | 既然这个法子对朱利叶斯父子管用 |
[12:48] | Now, let’s go! | 就开始吧! |
[12:50] | Hey, Evan, care to make this interesting?No way. | -艾文 想更有趣儿些吗? -走开 |
[12:53] | Dad is way bigger and obviously gonna win. | 爸爸高大的多 他肯定会赢 |
[12:55] | This isn’t an even match. | 这都算不上真正的比赛 |
[12:57] | Come on. You got to give me a chance to win my money back. | 拜托 你总得给我 个机会让我把钱赢回来 |
[12:59] | How about I give you odds on Emery? | 你要是赌艾默利 的话我给你的筹码加倍怎么样? |
[13:02] | I don’t know… | 我拿不准 |
[13:03] | 2-to-1. Come on, he’s your brother. | 二倍!来吧 他可是你哥哥! |
[13:06] | Fine. You’re lucky I live for the action. | 好吧 要不是缺钱我才不赌 |
[13:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:10] | On the count of 3. | 数三个数 |
[13:12] | 1, 2, 3. | 一 二 三! |
[13:31] | My retainer! | 我的保持器! |
[13:36] | Yes! | 好! |
[13:38] | No! | 不! |
[13:41] | The winner! Ha ha! | 他赢了! |
[13:44] | Here’s what I accept — | 我接受的付款方式 |
[13:46] | cash, cold hard cash, or cash money. | 现金 硬币 |
[13:51] | Okay, that’s the last of it. | 或者纸币 好了 都准备好了 |
[13:54] | Let’s move everything to the dining table. | 我们把这些都放到餐桌上去吧 |
[13:56] | Hmm. Ooh, this fish eye’s extra big. | 这条鱼的眼睛真大啊 |
[14:00] | Probably worth nine years of good fortune. | 能值九年的好运气 |
[14:03] | I’ll go get the boys. | 我去叫孩子们 |
[14:05] | Thank you for all your help, Jenny. | 谢谢你帮忙 洁妮 我真的很享受这个过程 |
[14:07] | I really enjoyed this. | 我也是 顺便告诉你 我今天晚上会吃那个鱼眼睛 |
[14:13] | But I always eat it. | 但每年都是我吃 不是今年了 除非你要我告诉 孩子们你在游戏中作弊 |
[14:21] | I told you that in confidence. | 我信任你才告诉你的 那太糟糕了 你准备刷马桶吧 我现在是做主的 |
[14:32] | Oh, that duck was just amazing. | 鸭子太好吃了 |
[14:35] | Wasn’t it, honey?Mmm, wasn’t it? So good. | -是吧?亲爱的 |
[14:36] | Oh. Who’s going to eat the fish eye? | -是吧?太棒了 谁要吃鱼眼睛? |
[14:40] | Me! | 我! |
[14:43] | Mmm. | |
[14:45] | Oh! G-mah! | 奶奶! |
[14:46] | She ate the fish eye!So gross. | -她吃了鱼眼睛! -好恶心! |
[14:47] | Do I have eye in my teeth? | 我牙齿里有眼睛吗? |
[14:55] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[14:56] | Horace has the cab light off. | 霍勒斯把车灯关了 |
[14:57] | Hurry up. That means he’s running the meter. | 快走 这说明他在打表 |
[14:59] | Thanks again. We had fun. | 谢谢你们 我们过得很开心 |
[15:00] | You can’t go now. | 你现在不能走 |
[15:02] | You tell me to build a bridge | 是你跟我说要建立沟通的桥梁 |
[15:03] | and then you just leave me with a monster? | 现在你就打算把我 扔给那个坏婆婆一走了之了? |
[15:04] | Oh, so, Jenny ate the fish eye. | 洁妮吃了一只鱼眼 但是还有一只啊 |
[15:07] | There’s another — the milky blind one on the bottom. | 不过在鱼身子底下压坏了 |
[15:09] | The popped one? | 从鱼眼眶里掉出来的那只? |
[15:10] | That’s not the power eye. | 那都已经没有带来好运气的效果了 |
[15:12] | I thought that you were here to help me. | 我以为你来是来帮我的 |
[15:14] | -Careful. -I got it. | -小心点 -我抬得动 |
[15:16] | What are you doing? | 你们在干嘛? |
[15:17] | Grandma says the big TV is hers now. | 奶奶说这台大电视归她了 |
[15:19] | She’s been barking orders at me like Lou Gossett Jr. | 她像小路易斯格塞特 那样对我发号施令 |
[15:21] | In which movie? | 在哪部电影里? |
[15:22] | All of them. | 在他拍的所有电影里 |
[15:26] | Do you know why she ate the eye? | 你知道她为什么要吃鱼眼睛 |
[15:28] | Why she’s taking the TV? | 搬电视机吗? |
[15:29] | Because while I was busy building your bridge, | 因为我听你的话忙着建桥梁的时候 |
[15:32] | she dug a tunnel and she stole my throne. | 她给我挖了一个坑然后篡了我的位! |
[15:34] | I’m getting confused by your metaphors. | 你说的这些拐弯抹角的把我弄懵了 |
[15:36] | Just say what happened. | 直接告诉我是怎么回事 |
[15:37] | I let a secret slip, | 我不小心说出了一个秘密 |
[15:38] | and now she’s holding it over my head. | 现在她拿这个要挟我 |
[15:40] | Sounds like she used her mahjong strategy | 听起来像是她用 |
[15:43] | to set you up. | 她的麻将战术给你下了个套 |
[15:44] | Wait until your enemy make a mistake | 等着敌人犯错 |
[15:48] | and then pounce. | 然后发起反击 |
[15:50] | She mahjong-ed me. | 她把我套进去了 |
[15:51] | Well, maybe there’s another activity you can bond over. | 或许你们可以找其他改善关系的办法 |
[15:54] | Oh, I hear fostering an abused horse | 我听说养受虐的马可以让关系更近 |
[15:57] | can bring people together. Screw that. | 快得了吧 |
[15:58] | You know, she’s got something on me? | 她有我的把柄 |
[16:00] | Well, I’ve got something on her. | 我也有她的把柄 |
[16:01] | She’s not the only one who can exploit a weakness. | 不是只有她懂得怎么利用人的弱点 |
[16:04] | If you don’t stop honking that horn, | 你要是再摁喇叭 |
[16:08] | I’m gonna tussle you! | 我就跟你打一架! |
[16:10] | Happy New Year, Jessica. | 新年快乐 洁西卡 |
[16:14] | Instead of a weather balloon, | 这下不光能买气象气球 |
[16:16] | I can almost afford a hot air balloon. | 我都可以买热气球了 |
[16:17] | I could balloon to school. | 我可以坐热气球去学校! |
[16:19] | Let’s see the bullies make fun of me then. | 看看那些趾高气昂的人 到时候怎么嘲笑我吧 |
[16:21] | Stop dreaming of ways to get to school. | 别再想怎么上学了 |
[16:23] | I deserve a chance to win my money back. | 我应该得到一次把钱赢回来的机会 |
[16:24] | Can you guys keep it down? | 你们能小点声说话吗? |
[16:26] | My eye is throbbing. | 我眼都被震得抖了 |
[16:27] | Whoa. I’ve never heard “throbbing” used to describe an eye before. | 我从来没听说过眼抖 |
[16:32] | Oh. | Oh. |
[16:33] | Morning, everyone. | 早上好 |
[16:34] | Eyyy, there he is — Kid Dynamite. | 各位! 火药男孩来了啊 |
[16:38] | Take your gal out for a malt on me. | 给我买几升麦乳精饮料 |
[16:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:42] | You were right. Tussling worked. | 你说得对 打架挺管用的 |
[16:43] | I’m not mad anymore. | 我一点儿也不生气了 |
[16:44] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:46] | I’m going to be in my room. | 我回房间了 |
[16:50] | You boys want anything? | 你们想要点儿什么吗? |
[16:51] | I’m going out for a shoe-shine. | 我要出去擦个鞋 格伦格罗夫老年人中心 你在这儿做什么呀? |
[17:02] | I figured since I’m so terrible at mahjong, | 我觉得既然我麻将玩得那么差 |
[17:05] | I would come here and watch you play with your friends. | 那我就来看你跟朋友们怎么玩好了 |
[17:08] | Pick up a few tips. | 学点儿技巧 到零食桌边来 我跟你说句话 你要做什么? |
[17:19] | I know your tell — | 我知道你的传闻 |
[17:20] | something you do | 你每次开心的时候会做的事 |
[17:22] | whenever you get excited. | |
[17:23] | Like when you have a good mahjong hand. | 比方你手气好的时候 你说什么呀? |
[17:26] | You took away my power. | 你夺了我的权 |
[17:28] | Now I’m going to take away yours. | 现在我就夺你的权 |
[17:29] | If you don’t step down, I’ll expose you, | 如果你不把权力还给我 我就揭发你 |
[17:32] | and you’ll never be able to play mahjong here again. | 那你以后 就别想来这儿玩麻将了 |
[17:34] | I don’t have a tell. | 我没有什么传闻 |
[17:36] | Okay, let’s do this the hard way. | 不给你来硬的是不行了 |
[17:40] | There are three snacks on this table. | 桌子上有三种零食 |
[17:42] | Which do you want? | 你想要哪个? |
[17:43] | The animal crackers… | 动物形状脆饼 |
[17:46] | the peanuts… | 花生 |
[17:47] | or these? | 还是这个? 我不饿 我什么都不要吃 |
[17:54] | I guess I could just throw these away, then. | 那我就把这些扔了吧 |
[17:57] | No, no, not the Dunk-a-Roos. | 别扔蘸酱饼干 |
[18:01] | Well, it looks like we both have dirt on each other now. | 看来我们是在互相诬陷 |
[18:05] | I’m gonna eat these. | 我要吃这个 |
[18:11] | You are not even dunking the Roos. | 你都没蘸酱! |
[18:16] | Hmm. | |
[18:21] | Mm. | |
[18:22] | Aah! | |
[18:23] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[18:25] | You’re mad at me. We need to tussle. | 你生我的气了 |
[18:28] | We have to reset. | 我们得打一架 我们得解决 |
[18:29] | Emery, stop. | 停下 |
[18:30] | I’m not mad at you. | 艾默利 我没生你的气 |
[18:31] | I just feel bad I upset you so much | 我就是对保持器的事很抱歉 |
[18:33] | with the retainer thing. | |
[18:34] | Yeah, it wasn’t great being introduced as retainer boy. | 是啊 被人介绍 说是“保持器男孩”很不舒服 |
[18:37] | It was all I could think of in the moment. | 我就是脱口而出 |
[18:39] | I play volleyball. I’m on student council. | 我会打排球 而且还是学生会成员 |
[18:41] | I can do a split. | 我还会劈叉 |
[18:45] | Whoa. Yeah. | 看 |
[18:49] | I know it’s not easy being the middle child. | 我知道当中间的孩子很不容易 |
[18:51] | You’re not the oldest, you’re not the baby. | 你不是老大 |
[18:53] | You’re just…Emery. | 也不是老小 你就是… |
[18:55] | A perfect kid in every way. | 你就是你 一个全方位的好孩子 |
[18:57] | Except for my teeth. | 除了我的牙 |
[18:58] | Hey, at least I now have a new way of introducing you — | 至少我现在有介绍你的新词儿了 |
[19:02] | as the son who beat me up. | 把我打倒的儿子 |
[19:06] | A hug? What does that mean? | 拥抱?这是什么意思? |
[19:09] | A hug is a push. That means no payout. | 拥抱意味着没有赢钱的机会了 |
[19:11] | We were betting on a tussle, not a heartwarming moment. | 咱们是在打架的事上打赌 又不是赌这种温馨时刻 |
[19:14] | Okay, okay, um, double or nothing | 好吧… |
[19:16] | that I can make you laugh. | 赌我能不能逗你笑 |
[19:17] | I don’t tickle in my pits. | 我腋窝没有痒痒肉 |
[19:20] | Wait, come back here. | 等下 回来! |
[19:21] | Come back here and bet me. | 快回来和我打赌! |
[19:27] | Are you mad because you lost the TV | 你是生气我把电视搬回来了 还是生气我知道你的传闻了? |
[19:29] | or because I know your tell? | 我很不高兴是因为这是 你第二次毁了我的中国新年 |
[19:35] | What? | 什么? |
[19:41] | Mmm. | 八年以前 你拿到了我的鱼眼睛 |
[19:42] | So, who’s going to eat the fish eye? | 谁要吃鱼眼? |
[19:44] | Me! | 我! |
[19:47] | Oh! Moms! | 我! |
[19:48] | She ate the fish eye!So gross. | 我! -她吃了鱼眼! -好恶心! |
[19:51] | You were mad all these years because of a stupid fish eye? | 你这么多年就为 一只鱼眼睛生我的气? 是的 鱼眼睛总是我吃的 你拿到了 我觉得你是把我推出去了 |
[20:01] | It was my first time making Chinese New Year dinner | 那次是我第一次做年夜饭 |
[20:04] | and I was excited. | 我太开心了 以前 我总是跟你一样 整天管理家庭的事情 你失掉了 你觉得没有人需要你了 |
[20:18] | How about this? | 要不这样怎么样? |
[20:19] | If we promise to keep each other’s secrets, | 如果你能保证不泄露我的秘密 |
[20:23] | you can have the fish eye every Chinese New Year. | 那以后每年的鱼眼睛都给你吃 那你确实有个好心 |
[20:28] | That’s something else I have on you. | 我对你有了个好印象了 |
[20:30] | Well, maybe that’s our bridge — | 这就是咱们俩之间的桥梁了 |
[20:32] | we’re both masters of psychological warfare. | 我们俩都是心理战的大师 |
[20:35] | Hmm. | 我听说你的儿子打了我的儿子 |
[20:40] | Damn straight. | 的确 |
[20:46] | This is to hide my tell. | 这样就能隐藏住我的秘密了 |
[20:48] | Nice try, but I am not revealing what it is. | 不错 但我不会揭发你的 |
[20:51] | Give me a hint. | 给我点提示 |
[20:52] | Is it above or below the neck? | 是在脖子以上还是以下? |
[20:54] | Is it when you use your pinkie nail | 是你用你的粉红色指甲剔牙? |
[20:56] | to pick food out of your teeth? | |
[20:57] | Yeah, i-is that it? | 是那个吗? |
[20:58] | Okay, if you want to know your tell so badly, | 如果你这么想知道自己的传闻 |
[21:03] | I’ll let you in on it. Really? | 那我就告诉你 真的? |
[21:05] | Yeah, of course. It’s when you — | 当然 是… |
[21:08] | Not a chance in hell, Jenny! | 别想让我说 |
[21:12] | All right. | 洁妮! |
[21:14] | I don’t know how to play, but I don’t care. | 好了 我不知道怎么玩 但我不管了 |
[21:16] | Evan gave me an advance, and I need to get my money back. | 艾文给我预支了点钱 我要把我的钱赢回来 |
[21:21] | I love this hand. I’m all in. | 这牌不错 我都押上 |