时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Wow, another anniversary. [Sighs] | |
[00:04] | Seems like we were just kids when we got into this. | 我们刚开始营业时似乎还只是个孩子 |
[00:06] | No one thought we’d make it this far. | 没有人能想到我们会走这么远 |
[00:08] | When this all started, I was just a man with a dream | 当这一切开始时 我只是一个心怀梦想 |
[00:11] | walking into a run-down strip club. | 走进破败脱衣舞俱乐部的人 |
[00:13] | And look at us now. | 看看我们现在吧 黄路易斯的牛仔牧场牛排屋 庆祝五周年! |
[00:17] | Happy Cattleman’s Anniversary, Louis. | 牛仔牧场牛排屋周年快乐 路易斯 |
[00:19] | Happy Cattleman’s Anniversary. | 牛仔牧场牛排屋周年快乐 |
[00:23] | Oh! For me? | 给我的吗? |
[00:25] | Usually you just give a present to the restaurant. | 通常你只是给餐厅送礼物 |
[00:29] | This year’s different. Open it! | 今年不一样啦 打开吧 南方互惠储蓄账户概览 |
[00:32] | Who’s “Roth Ira”? It’s a retirement account. | -谁是“罗斯艾拉”? -这是个人退休金账户啦 |
[00:35] | I opened one in your name and one in my name | 我以我们各自的名义 分别开了一个账户 |
[00:36] | when we started the restaurant. | 就在我们刚开餐厅的时候 |
[00:38] | We’ve done so well that we’re now on track | 我们做得很好 |
[00:40] | to retire at 55! | 现在看来有望在五十五岁退休 |
[00:41] | Mm. | 你想在五十七岁退休吗? |
[00:43] | Uh, were you thinking we’d retire at 57? 60? | 六十岁? |
[00:50] | Never. | 绝不退休 |
[00:51] | We are never retiring. | 我们永不退休 |
[00:54] | TRENT: Mr. Huang, you shouldn’t have. | 黄先生 你不必准备礼物的 |
[00:56] | [Deep voice] I’m the luckiest bear in Orlando! | 我已是奥兰多最幸运的熊了 |
[00:58] | Ha ha ha! | |
[01:01] | Is this cashmere? | 用的是羊绒材质吗? |
[01:05] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:07] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:08] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know ♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:11] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:12] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from ♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:14] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’ ♪ | 但我知道我将去往何地 《初来乍到》 |
[01:16] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:23] | EDDIE: Tina told me to work on myself and become a better man, | 缇娜告诉我要自我提高 成为更好的男人 |
[01:26] | so I got you, Journal. | 所以我买了你 日记本 |
[01:27] | Will she be impressed? | 她会感动吗? |
[01:29] | EVAN: My guess is yes. | 我猜她会的 |
[01:30] | Journaling will show Tina | 日记本会向缇娜展示 |
[01:32] | you can indulge your introspective side. | 你不断自我内省的一面 |
[01:33] | Hey! It’s not cool to read over someone’s shoulder, man. | 嘿!窥探别人的隐私可不酷吧 兄弟 |
[01:36] | I would never! | 我才不会!是你说话太大声了 |
[01:37] | You were talking out loud. | |
[01:38] | – You were, actually. – We heard every word. | -你声音很大 -我们都听到了 |
[01:39] | When you boys turn 21, you can read my journal. | 等你们二十一岁就能读我的日记了 |
[01:44] | Here’s a tip from someone | 过去六年一直在记做梦的人 |
[01:45] | who’s been keeping a dream journal | 给你一些小建议 |
[01:46] | for the past six years… | 写作时请闭嘴 |
[01:48] | Write with your mouth closed. | |
[01:50] | EMERY: Evan, we share a room, | 艾文 |
[01:51] | and I’ve never seen this journal. | 我们同住一个房间 但我从没看过这本日记 |
[01:52] | That’s because it’s private. I hid it. | 那是因为它很隐私 |
[01:54] | You can be… a little nosy. | 我藏起来了 你可能有点好管闲事 |
[01:56] | Hey, do you ever dream about a witch with cold hands? | 嘿 你曾梦见过手冰凉的女巫吗? |
[02:01] | Um, never mind. It’s probably nothing. | 算了 这可能不算什么 |
[02:04] | – [Chuckles] [Door opens] – JESSICA: Off to school! | 去上学了 |
[02:06] | Bye, Mommy. | 拜拜 妈妈 |
[02:08] | Behold… the youngest student at Orlando State University. | 看 奥兰多州立大学最年轻的学生 |
[02:12] | Prove it. | 证明给我看 |
[02:14] | Fine. Youngest-looking. Same difference. | 好吧 长得最年轻 都差不多啦 |
[02:16] | Well, congrats! How was your registration? | 恭喜!报名怎么样? |
[02:18] | Well, we took a couple runs at my photo I.D., | 为了证件 |
[02:20] | but we finally got there. | 我们拍了好几次照片 但最终拍到了让我满意的 |
[02:22] | The only problem is, | 学生 奥兰多州立大学 洁西卡 |
[02:24] | my educational administration classes are so expensive, | 唯一的问题是 我的教育管理课太贵了 |
[02:28] | I could only afford to take one a semester. | 我一个学期只能上一门课 |
[02:30] | Well, I know which class you should take next… | 好吧 我知道你接下来应该上哪门课 |
[02:33] | Retirement 101. | “退休入门课” |
[02:35] | Now, I know you said you never want to retire, | 我知道你说过永远不想退休 |
[02:37] | but you haven’t seen Rancho Contento. | 但是你还没看过快乐牧场呢 |
[02:38] | They’re accepting early-bird deposits. | 他们接受早鸟保证金 |
[02:40] | It’s a planned community in Santa Barbara | 位于圣巴巴拉的一个规划社区 |
[02:42] | and the perfect place for us to sunset. | 是我们计划的理想“退休地” |
[02:44] | These people look like | 理想“退休地” |
[02:46] | they’re in a commercial for stool softener. | 这些人看起来像是在拍 大便软化剂的广告 |
[02:48] | Well, exactly. | 正是 |
[02:49] | They’re relaxed and unencumbered, | 他们很放松 没有负担 |
[02:51] | just like we’ll be when we retire there. | 就像我们退休后待在那里一样 |
[02:52] | Every morning, we’ll walk to the pier. | 每天早晨 我们可以散步到码头 |
[02:55] | [Piano music plays] | 快乐湾 |
[02:57] | [Seagulls crying] | |
[02:59] | LOUIS: You’ll fish, like you used to when you were a kid. | 你可以钓鱼 就像你小时候那样 |
[03:02] | I’ll read a charming local newspaper. | 而我会读有趣的当地报纸 |
[03:05] | [Laughs] | 宁静的圣巴巴拉 一切都很棒! |
[03:07] | Then we’ll go back to our bungalow | 然后我们一起回小别墅 |
[03:09] | to enjoy a bottle of homemade wine | 开一瓶家酿红酒享受一下 |
[03:12] | as we watch the sunset. | 享受着日落 |
[03:14] | And the best part is, unlike now, | 最棒的是 不像现在 |
[03:16] | when we’re busy with the boys and the PTA and the restaurant, | 我们忙着照顾孩子 开家长会 经营餐厅 |
[03:19] | we’ll get to spend all our time together. | 到那时我们能无时无刻不在一起 |
[03:21] | Well, that part does sound nice, but I’m sorry, Louis. | 嗯 那部分听起来不错 但我很抱歉 路易斯 |
[03:24] | I just pictured our retirement very differently. | 我想像的退休后的生活是完全不同 |
[03:27] | [Flashbulb pops] | |
[03:29] | But that was nothing. Exactly. | 但你想的就是一片空白啊 没错 |
[03:32] | Retirement makes you stupid, Louis. | 退休只会让人变蠢 路易斯 |
[03:34] | You have to keep moving, | 你必须要持续动脑 |
[03:35] | or else your brain will turn to mush. | 否则大脑就会生锈 |
[03:37] | We’ll retire when we die. | 我们死了再退休了 |
[03:38] | Our bodies make that decision for us, not ourselves. | 我们的身体为我们做的决定 并非我们自己做的 |
[03:43] | [School bell rings] | 东奥兰多高中 |
[03:45] | [Indistinct conversations] | |
[03:47] | [Exhales sharply] | |
[03:50] | Oh, oopsie! Oh, hey, Tina. I didn’t see you sitting there. | 哎哟 缇娜 我没看到你坐在这里 |
[03:53] | It’s no big deal. It’s just a journal. | 这没什么大不了的 只是一本日记 |
[03:55] | I really like to indulge my introspective side. | 我真的很喜欢自我反思 |
[03:57] | You know, like a guy who’s really working on himself. | 你知道 我真的很想“自我提高” |
[03:59] | Your shirt’s on inside out. | 你的衬衫内外穿反了 |
[04:01] | Uh… | |
[04:02] | Uh, it’s really hard to dress your body | 当你专注于内心思考时 |
[04:05] | – when you’re so deep inside your mind. – Uh-huh. | 很难去在意穿着打扮 |
[04:07] | Yeah, I was just journaling about that exact thing. | 是的 我刚刚就在记录这事呢 |
[04:12] | [Clicks tongue, sighs] | |
[04:14] | All I’m saying is, I took polka for three years. | 我想说的是 我学了三年的波尔卡舞 |
[04:17] | I’m gonna crush “DDR.” | 我将在跳舞机上大放异彩的 |
[04:18] | I’ve been practicing my “DDR” footwork for weeks. | 几个星期以来 我一直在练习舞步 |
[04:21] | I’m practicing my “DDR” right now. | 我正在练习舞步 |
[04:26] | Guys, quick question… What the hell is “DDR”? | 各位 快速问答 跳舞机是个什么鬼东西? |
[04:29] | Uh, “Dance Dance Revolution.” | 跳 舞 机 |
[04:31] | It’s this new video game | 这是一款用脚而不是 |
[04:32] | that you play with your feet instead of your thumbs. | 用拇指玩的新电动游戏 |
[04:34] | It’s at an arcade across town, and we were hoping you could drive us. | 城里另一头的街机室有这个游戏 |
[04:36] | [Sighs] Why not? | 你可以载我们一程吗? |
[04:38] | I won’t be hanging with the girl of my dreams anyway. | 为什么不呢?反正我也没有机会 和梦寐以求的女孩一起出去了 |
[04:41] | Oh, buddy. Lay it on us. | 兄弟 说给我们听听 |
[04:43] | Tina didn’t like Journal? | 缇娜不喜欢日记吗? |
[04:44] | I can’t figure her out! | 我搞不懂她!我想为了她 |
[04:45] | I want to become a better man for her, but… | 成为更好的男人 |
[04:47] | what does that even mean? | 但这到底是什么意思? |
[04:48] | How can this be better? You’re the total package! | 这怎么能变得更好呢? 你已经很棒了! |
[04:51] | You said it, not me. Now, back to me and Tina. | 你说的 这可不是我说的 现在回到我和缇娜身上 |
[04:53] | So, basically, I’ve tried everything to get her back. | 那么基本上我用尽了一切 办法挽回她 |
[04:56] | So sometimes, I’m, like, | 所以有时我会想 |
[04:57] | does she really want me to be a better man | 她真的希望 我成为一个更好的男人吗? |
[04:58] | or does she just like that Pearl Jam song? | 还是她只喜欢珍珠果酱乐队的歌? |
[05:00] | I mean, it’s a good song, but I just feel like | 我想说 那首歌很好 |
[05:02] | it’s influenced a whole generation of girls. | 但我觉得这歌影响了整整一代的女孩 |
[05:04] | Or I could write her a sonnet, | 或者我写首十四行诗给她 |
[05:06] | but then I’d have to learn what a sonnet is. | 但是我要先了解十四行诗是什么 |
[05:08] | So, yeah, that’s where my head’s at. | 是的 这就是我正在想的 |
[05:09] | [School bell rings] | |
[05:11] | Oh, dang. We were just getting started. | 该死 我们才刚开始 |
[05:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:15] | Tina’s your sister. Help me out. | 缇娜是你的妹妹 帮我一下 |
[05:16] | Just tell me what she likes. | 就告诉我她喜欢什么就好了 |
[05:18] | Lately, all she can talk about is “Sex and the City.” | 最近她一直在谈论《欲望都市》 |
[05:21] | At first, I was worried | 起初我担心她跟着翠西走向黑暗之路 |
[05:23] | she was following Trish down her dark path. | |
[05:25] | But turns out, it’s just a TV show. | 结果发现只是一个电视剧 |
[05:27] | ♪♪ | 嘿 |
[05:34] | [Door opens, closes] | |
[05:36] | Hey, Deidre. | 蒂亚蕾 |
[05:38] | And, uh, Richard. [Chuckles] | 理查德 |
[05:40] | Oh. If I knew we were having guests over, | 如果我知道有客人来拜访 |
[05:42] | I would’ve put out the fun welcome mat. | 我就铺上有趣的欢迎毯了 |
[05:44] | Oh, I invited Deidre over | 我邀请蒂亚蕾过来 |
[05:46] | to sell me some of her floozy makeup. | 是准备买她那艳俗的彩妆 |
[05:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:50] | Hello, beautiful insert-name-of-customer! | 哈喽 |
[05:52] | I… Oh. Um… | 美丽的某女士 |
[05:55] | Sorry. I’m nervous. | 抱歉 我有点紧张 |
[05:58] | Hello, beautiful Jessica! | -你好 |
[06:00] | Hello. | 美丽的洁西卡 -你好 |
[06:00] | [Chuckles] | |
[06:02] | Spring is all about the shimmer. | 春天到来 一切都是闪亮亮的 |
[06:05] | Get fudged! | 拿错眼影盘了! |
[06:07] | I forgot my neutral nudes. | 我忘了裸色眼影盘 |
[06:09] | It’s just… | 等我一下 |
[06:11] | One second. | |
[06:14] | Okay. | 你不喜欢蒂亚蕾 |
[06:15] | You hate Deidre, | |
[06:17] | and you always say “Makeup is for uglies.” | 并且你还常说“丑女才化妆” |
[06:18] | Why would you invite her over here? | 你为什么还要邀请她过来呢? |
[06:20] | Oh, I’m just supporting small local businesses, | 嗯 我只是在支持本地小企业 |
[06:22] | like I always do. | 我向来如此 |
[06:24] | But, hey, while I’m doing this, | 嘿 但在我忙着的时候 |
[06:27] | maybe you could hang out with Richard. | 或许你可以和理查德一起玩一下? |
[06:30] | – You know, he retired early. – Oh. | 你知道的 他早就退休了 |
[06:32] | I see what you’re doing, Jessica. | 我知道你想干什么 洁西卡 |
[06:34] | You want me to see that retirement has made Richard stupid. | 你想让我看看退休使得理查德变蠢 |
[06:36] | Well, guess what. | 但是你猜怎么着? |
[06:37] | Retirement isn’t stupid, and neither is Richard. | 退休不愚蠢 理查德也没变愚蠢 |
[06:40] | Oh, please. He married Deidre. Case closed. | 拜托 |
[06:45] | Oh. | 他都和蒂亚蕾结婚了 很能说明问题了 |
[06:46] | Sorry. Could you hear that? | 抱歉 |
[06:48] | I’m listening to an audiobook. | 你们能听到声音吗? |
[06:49] | Oh! What a productive way to spend your retirement. | 我在听有声读物 这么过退休生活多充实啊 |
[06:52] | Jessica and I were just starting to think about that stuff. | 我和洁西卡刚开始考虑退休后的生活 |
[06:55] | – I’d love to pick your brain. – Or what’s left of it. | 想请教一下你的意见 要是还能提出意见的话 |
[06:57] | Well, why don’t we leave the ladies | 嗯 |
[06:59] | to their Mary Kay and go to my place? | 要不让女士们接着聊化妆品 我们去我家呢? |
[07:00] | I can show you my training room. | 带你去看看我的训练室 |
[07:02] | I built it myself when I retired. | 我退休后自己建的 |
[07:03] | Oh, you hear that, Jessica? | 洁西卡 你听到了吗? |
[07:05] | Since Richard is retired, | 从理查德退休后 |
[07:06] | he has time to build himself a home gym. | 他就有时间 建造自己的家庭健身房了 |
[07:08] | [Chuckles] I’d love to see it. | 我很想去看看 |
[07:10] | Fire up a lat pole. | 试一下拉力机 |
[07:11] | [Chuckles] Great. | 很好 |
[07:12] | But, actually, it’s not a home gym. | 但实际上它不是家庭健身房 |
[07:14] | I-It’s a room for my model train. | 是放我的模型火车的房间 |
[07:17] | I like to watch it go through the tunnels. | 我喜欢看火车穿过隧道 |
[07:19] | Every time, I don’t think it’s gonna come out, | 每次我都觉得它出不来了 |
[07:21] | but [Laughing] then it does! Mm. | 但是它最后总能出来 |
[07:28] | Thanks again for letting me watch your HBO, Uncle Marvin. | 再一次感谢您让我用你的会员 马尔文叔叔 |
[07:31] | Are you kidding? | 你开什么玩笑? |
[07:32] | I should be thanking you for introducing me | 我应该感谢你向我安利了 |
[07:34] | to this pun-tastic look at the lives and loves | 疯狂的《欲望都市》中 |
[07:36] | of these crazy “Sex and the City” gals. | 女孩们的生活和爱情 |
[07:38] | Yeah. [Laughs] | 期待太高了吗? |
[07:39] | Honestly, I don’t know why Tina likes this show. | 说实话 我不知道为什么 缇娜如此喜欢这个剧 |
[07:41] | All they do is eat brunch, | 她们所做的就是吃早午餐 |
[07:42] | – walk to brunch, or miss a brunch. – Ah. | 步行去吃早午餐或错过早午餐 |
[07:44] | Feels like a lot of brunches. | 感觉就是一堆早午餐 |
[07:46] | Well, I know what I like about this show, | 我知道我我喜欢这个剧的原因 |
[07:48] | and it’s right there in the title. | 就在名字里 |
[07:50] | The city. | 城市 |
[07:51] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[07:53] | I’ve never seen the Big Apple look so vibrant. | 我从没看到过如此生机盎然的纽约城 |
[07:56] | The food, the cabs, | 食物 |
[07:57] | the fresh possibility | 出租车 |
[07:59] | of a fistfight around every corner. | 随时发生斗殴的角落 |
[08:00] | I can see why these gals date so much. | 我明白这些女孩约会如此之多的原因 |
[08:02] | It’d be hard not to fall in love in NYC. | 在纽约市很难不坠入爱河 |
[08:05] | [Chuckles] | |
[08:06] | ♪♪ | |
[08:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[08:14] | _ | 他在到处找你的那个梦想的小本子 |
[08:18] | Hey, I thought you were sleeping. | 嘿 我以为你在睡觉呢 |
[08:19] | I was acting. | 我装的 |
[08:21] | All right, I’m headed off to orientation. | 好吧 我要出发去新生训练会了 |
[08:24] | I hope everyone came prepared, | 希望每个人来的时候都做好了准备 |
[08:25] | because I don’t loan out pencils. | 因为我是不会借铅笔出去的 |
[08:28] | Surprise! | 惊喜来咯!我上午请假了 |
[08:29] | I took the morning off so I could drive you to school. | 所以可以开车送你去学校 |
[08:31] | Aww, Louis, that is so sweet. | 路易斯 你太贴心了吧 |
[08:34] | Open my door for me when we get there. | 到达之后帮我开车门 |
[08:36] | I want everyone to think I’m a trust-fund baby. | 我想让大家都认为我是富家女 |
[08:42] | How are they gonna think you’re a trust-fund baby | 如果你拿你妈妈在马文百货商场 买的旧包装书的话 |
[08:44] | if you’re carrying your books in Mom’s Mervyn’s bag? | 他们怎么会觉得你是富家女呢? |
[08:47] | Bill Gates flies coach. | 比尔盖茨还乘经济舱呢 |
[08:48] | – Louis, you missed your turn. – No, I didn’t. | 路易斯 你错过转弯的机会了 |
[08:51] | Because today, you’re not going to school. | 不 没有 因为你今天不去学校 |
[08:53] | And I’m not going to work. | 我也不去工作 |
[08:54] | – Today, we’re retired. – What? | 今天我们都退休了 什么? |
[08:57] | I’m gonna show you what our lives | 我要让你看看我们以后 |
[08:58] | will be like at Rancho Contento. | 在快乐牧场的生活 |
[09:02] | [Chuckles] | |
[09:04] | Are you contento yet? | 你现在“快乐”吗?我是说“开心” |
[09:05] | It means “happy.” | 看看我们这两个休闲的退休人士 |
[09:11] | [Sighs] Look at us… Two relaxed retirees. Don’t you feel… free? | 你难道没感觉到自由吗? |
[09:16] | No. I feel like I’m being kidnapped. | 不觉得 我觉得我被绑架了 |
[09:18] | Can’t we pretend to be old, lazy people another day? | 我们不能改天再扮演懒散的老人吗? |
[09:21] | You got your turn to show me what you think | 你已经抓住机会向我展示 |
[09:23] | retirement will be like with Richard. | 退休后的生活会像理查德一样 |
[09:25] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在轮到我了 |
[09:26] | I spent two hours in that train room. | 我花了两个小时 |
[09:28] | [Shudders] I can still hear the choo-choos. | 待在他的火车模型室里 我现在还能听到火车的噗噗声 |
[09:30] | Okay, fine. Let’s be retired. | 行吧 那我们退休吧 |
[09:33] | But if my brain turns to mush, it’s on you. | 但是我脑袋生锈了就是你的错 |
[09:34] | Great! | 太棒了! |
[09:36] | What is this place? Are we at a mall? | 这是什么地方?我们在商场吗? |
[09:39] | No, it’s an outdoor shopping center. | 不 |
[09:42] | But this is just an example. | 这是个户外购物中心 但这只是个模拟 |
[09:43] | The pier at Rancho Contento will be much better. | 快乐牧场的码头比这儿好得多 |
[09:45] | And we won’t hear the screams from the piercing kiosk. | 更不会听到耳洞店的尖叫声 |
[09:48] | That’s the only part I like. | 那是我唯一喜欢的地方 |
[09:49] | Focus on the fishing. | 专心钓鱼 |
[09:52] | O, Lady Sea, will she release her scaled bounty | 海洋妈妈 |
[09:55] | or drag us all to her murky depths? | 会给予我们丰富的馈赠 还是会将我们拖进阴暗的深处呢? |
[09:57] | That man fell asleep with a burrito in his mouth. | 那个男人睡着了 |
[09:59] | Well, he earned that. | 嘴里还叼着墨西哥卷饼 他有权那么做 |
[10:01] | After a lifetime of hard work, he’s allowed a burrito nap. | 在奋斗了一辈子后 他有资格 叼着墨西哥卷饼小憩 |
[10:05] | You know what I remember from fishing with my uncle? | 你知道我和我叔叔钓鱼时 学到了什么吗? |
[10:07] | He said that when a shark stops moving, it dies. | 他说当鲨鱼停止移动时 它就死了 |
[10:11] | These sharks, they’re all dead. | 这些鲨鱼呢? 它们都死了 |
[10:14] | Oh, come on. | 算了吧 |
[10:15] | They’re still vibrant, curious people with full lives. | 它们仍然是活力四射 |
[10:17] | Ha! Oh. | 充满好奇心的生物 |
[10:22] | Oh, now you’re too good to wave at Old Tom, eh? | 现在觉得自己优人一等 |
[10:25] | Go to hell, Harriet! | 不想跟 汤姆老头打招呼了?去死吧 |
[10:26] | Oh, Rancho Contento would’ve weeded that guy out. | 哈丽特 快乐牧场会赶走这种家伙的 |
[10:30] | [Upbeat music plays] | |
[10:31] | In New York City, a single guy only needs three things… | 在纽约城 单身汉只需要三样东西 |
[10:36] | A fabulous outfit, | 帅气的服装 |
[10:37] | a fabulous plan to get his ex back, | 挽回前女友的绝妙计划 |
[10:39] | and the support of a fabulous crew. | 以及强大的朋友们的支持 |
[10:42] | ♪ Yeah ♪ | |
[10:44] | Love the look, Eddie, but it’s a little fancy | 我爱死你的造型了 |
[10:46] | for “Dance Dance Revolution.” | 艾迪 但是对跳舞机来说有点太过了 |
[10:47] | Yeah, maybe you should change. | 是的 也许你还是换一下吧 |
[10:48] | About that… Before I drive us, | 就这一点 在我开车过去之前 |
[10:50] | I need a teeny-tiny Tina favor. | 有关缇娜 我需要你们小小的帮助 |
[10:52] | After watching “Sex and the City,” I realized… | 在看完《欲望都市》之后 |
[10:54] | Duh… What better way | 我意识到 |
[10:55] | to show Tina I’m broadening my horizons | 没有什么方式能比迷倒缇娜 |
[10:57] | than by sweeping her off her feet | 带她去世界上最浪漫的城市 |
[10:58] | and taking her to the most romantic city in the world? | 更能展示我在开拓眼界了吧? |
[11:01] | Ooh, Pensacola. Niiiiice. | 彭萨科拉?非常棒 |
[11:03] | New York City. | 纽约城 |
[11:05] | But since I obviously can’t afford that, | 但很显然我负担不起 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna create a brunch date | 我要在一家超酷的纽约餐厅 |
[11:07] | at a cool NYC restaurant right here… | 安排一场早午餐约会 |
[11:09] | With your help, of course. | 当然还需要你们的帮助 |
[11:11] | Sweet idea, Eddie. | 好主意啊 艾迪 |
[11:12] | You can explain what brunch is to us in the car. | 你可以在车里跟我们解释一下 什么是早午餐 |
[11:14] | Nah, this is way more important than the arcade. | 不 这可比去街机店重要得多了 |
[11:16] | I’ve been trying to get Tina back for weeks. | 我已经努力了好几周了 想挽回缇娜 |
[11:17] | Okay, so, I’ll be the cook. | 行 那由我来当厨师 |
[11:19] | Walter, you’ll be the waiter. | 华特 你来当服务生 |
[11:20] | And, Trent, you’ll be the busker | 特伦特 |
[11:22] | who plays sax for us as we exit the restaurant. | 你当街头艺人 在我们走出餐厅时进行萨克斯表演 |
[11:23] | – I can’t believe what I’m hearing. – I know! | 我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵 |
[11:25] | In what universe am I not the busker? | 就是!为什么我不能当街头艺人? |
[11:27] | Look at this face… Total busker. | 看看这张脸吧 标准的街头艺人脸 |
[11:29] | TRENT: No, he means Eddie promised to take us to the arcade, | 不 他想说艾迪答应了 带我们去街机店 |
[11:32] | and now he’s trying to get us to do | 但是他现在要我们帮他 实施蹩脚的计划 |
[11:33] | some lame “get Tina back scheme” instead. | 赢回缇娜的芳心 |
[11:35] | Hey, the scheme is not lame! | 这个计划才不蹩脚呢! |
[11:37] | Or is it? I’m open to suggestions. | 或者真的蹩脚?我接受建议 |
[11:39] | – [Sighs] It’s always about you, Eddie. – Yeah. | 每次都是以你为中心 艾迪 |
[11:41] | All we talk about is you and ways for you to get Tina back. | 我们讨论的也都是关于你 以及怎么帮你挽回缇娜 |
[11:44] | WALTER: You haven’t even asked about Brian. | 你甚至都没问问布莱恩 他得了腺热 |
[11:45] | He’s got mono, Eddie… The kissing disease. | 艾迪 接吻病 |
[11:48] | Well, I’m trying to get the kissing disease! | 我还想方设法地得这个病呢 |
[11:50] | [Door opens, closes] You guys won’t even help! | 你们一点忙都帮不上 |
[11:52] | ♪♪ | 乌鸦头酒厂 |
[11:55] | [Indistinct conversations] | |
[11:58] | Ugh. | |
[11:59] | All I taste is swamp. | 我只尝到了沼泽的味道 |
[12:01] | You’re supposed to say “notes of swamp.” [Chuckles] | 你应该说“沼泽香调” |
[12:03] | Anyway, the wine I make at Rancho Contento will be better. | 随便吧 我在快乐牧场 酿造的红酒会比这个好 |
[12:06] | Maybe. Or maybe we’ll be so dumb from being retired, | 可能吧 也许我们因退休变笨了 |
[12:09] | we won’t even know what tastes good anymore. | 再也尝不出红酒的好坏了 |
[12:12] | [Laughing] | |
[12:13] | I didn’t realize I was on stage at the Chuckle Factory. | 我没意识到自己 正站在“笑工厂”的舞台上 |
[12:16] | Sorry. [Chuckles] | 抱歉 |
[12:17] | It’s just, we used to think | 只是我们过去也认为 |
[12:18] | the same thing about retirement. | 退休后的生活也是这样 |
[12:20] | I was sure I would suddenly turn stupid. | 我坚信自己会突然变笨 |
[12:23] | I thought if I stopped moving, I would die. | 我觉得如果我停止不前 我就和死了一样 |
[12:26] | [Laughs] You two are retired? | 你们已经退休了吗? |
[12:28] | Mm-hmm. | |
[12:29] | But you seem so… | 但是你们看起来一点不像死了的样子 |
[12:31] | not dead. | |
[12:32] | Active. She means active. | 充满活力 |
[12:34] | [Both chuckle] Oh, we are. | 她是说你们充满活力 的确如此 |
[12:36] | I’m building my own library at home. | 我自己在家里建了个图书室 |
[12:38] | Even got a microfiche. | 甚至买了个微缩胶卷 |
[12:39] | And Kent here plans all our trips. | 我们所有的旅行都由肯特计划 |
[12:41] | I was a financial advisor for 20 years, | 我做了二十年的财务咨询 |
[12:44] | and Linda was an attorney, | 琳达之前是个律师 |
[12:45] | so we were always too busy to travel. | 所以我们都太忙了 没时间出去旅行 |
[12:47] | But now we get to make up | 但是我们现在要弥补所有错过的时光 |
[12:49] | for all the together time we missed. | |
[12:51] | Yeah. [Glasses clink] | 是的 |
[12:52] | [Chuckles] | |
[12:54] | But now that you don’t work, | 但是你们现在不工作 |
[12:55] | do you ever get… | 会感到… |
[12:56] | Hopelessly bored? | 极度无聊吗?说实话 |
[12:57] | Honestly, no. | 没有 |
[12:58] | I had my name on a law firm for 10 years. | 我的名字在律所招牌上挂了十年 |
[13:01] | My legacy is set. | 成就已定 |
[13:03] | I feel like I earned this time to do whatever I want, you know? | 我觉得做自己想做之事是我应得的 你知道吧? |
[13:08] | That could be us, Jessica… | 我们也可以这样 洁西卡 |
[13:10] | The cool retired couple at the winery | 在酒庄碰到的酷退休夫妻 |
[13:12] | who also make their own wines? | 他们刚好也自己酿酒 |
[13:13] | That sounds like a conflict of interest, | 听起来似乎存在冲突 |
[13:15] | but… maybe you’re right. | 但可能你是对的 |
[13:17] | KENT: Uh, just a tip from someone who tried. | 来自经验人士的提示 |
[13:19] | Make limoncello instead. | 不如做柠檬甜酒 |
[13:22] | Homemade wine is fungus city. | 自酿酒就好比一个真菌城 |
[13:24] | And the bathtub… | 至于浴缸?不会是一个好的发酵器皿 |
[13:26] | Not a great fermenting vessel. | |
[13:30] | ♪♪ | |
[13:34] | GRANDMA: Check the pillow. | 看下枕头 |
[13:37] | Don’t tell Evan I was snooping. | 别告诉艾文我在窥探他的隐私 |
[13:39] | I don’t talk to that kid unless I have to. | 没到紧要关头我不会跟那孩子说话的 梦境 |
[13:41] | [Zipper opens] | |
[13:43] | [Exhales sharply] | |
[13:46] | EVAN: Monday… dreamt Emery was eaten by a great white shark. | 周一 梦到大白鲨吃了艾默利 |
[13:49] | Tuesday… dreamt Emery fell off a cliff. | 周二 梦到艾默利坠落悬崖 |
[13:52] | Wednesday… Dreamt Emery | 周三 |
[13:53] | was attacked by a swarm of killer bees. | 梦到艾默利遭到了 一群杀人蜂的袭击 |
[13:55] | I woke up laughing. | 把我笑醒了 |
[13:56] | I die in all these dreams? | 每次梦到我都是死路一条? |
[13:58] | Does Evan want to kill me? | 艾文想杀了我吗? |
[13:59] | [Laughs] | |
[14:01] | O-Oh… Oh, sorry, | 抱歉 |
[14:03] | but it’s funny when you picture it. | 但是真的很好笑 |
[14:05] | Beard of bees? Funny. | 想象一下蜜蜂胡子的样子 有趣 |
[14:08] | [Laughs] | |
[14:10] | [Somber jazz music plays on TV] | |
[14:12] | [Laughs] | |
[14:14] | I like the cut of Miranda’s jib. | 我喜欢米兰达的臀部 |
[14:16] | How ’bout you? Huh? Sorry. | 你呢? |
[14:19] | I just can’t believe my friends. | 抱歉 简直不敢相信这是我的朋友 |
[14:20] | I had the perfect plan to get Tina back, | 我有个挽回缇娜的绝妙计划 |
[14:22] | and they wouldn’t help me. | 但是他们却不愿意帮我 |
[14:24] | My crew should support me | 他们应该支持我 |
[14:26] | – like Carrie’s crew supports her. – Yeah. | 像凯莉的朋友 |
[14:28] | These gals would do anything for Carrie. | 支持她一样 她们愿意为凯莉做一切事 |
[14:30] | – Exactly! – Yeah. | 就是啊 |
[14:31] | You think Miranda would leave Carrie in the lurch | 你觉得米兰达会抛弃凯莉 |
[14:33] | to go to some dumb arcade? | 去该死的街机店吗? |
[14:35] | Hell no! Miranda’s ride-or-die. | 肯定不会!米兰达会为她两肋插刀的 |
[14:37] | Yeah. Heck, they all are, for each other. | 没错 她们都是如此 互相帮助 |
[14:39] | Look, Eddie. | 听着 |
[14:40] | You know, the more I watch this show, | 艾迪 我越看这个电视 |
[14:42] | the more I see it’s not about sex or brunch | 越发现这不是在说性爱或者是早午餐 |
[14:45] | or even New York City. | 或者是纽约城的故事 |
[14:46] | It’s about these four friends. | 而是四个朋友的故事 |
[14:48] | I guess so. And Manolo, whoever that is. | 我也这么觉得 还有马诺洛 不论是什么东西 |
[14:51] | Yeah. They’re always gonna be there for each other. | 是呀 她们总会互相帮助 |
[14:52] | Have you always been there for your boys? | 你也是这样帮助自己的朋友的吗? |
[14:55] | That’s what makes a crew a crew. | 这才是朋友之所以成为朋友的原因 |
[14:57] | I mean, that and dressing up as a cow | 还有装扮成母牛逃出泰国监狱 |
[14:59] | to break out of a Thai prison. [Chuckles] | |
[15:02] | EDDIE: I couldn’t help but wonder… | 我忍不住想 |
[15:04] | In trying to become a better man for Tina, | 我为了缇娜努力变得更好 |
[15:06] | did I end up becoming a bad friend to my boys? | 结果是不是对朋友不太尽心了呢? |
[15:11] | [Door opens] | |
[15:12] | Well, the Cattleman’s suggestion box | 好吧 |
[15:14] | was full of barbecue sauce again. | 牛仔牧场牛排屋的意见箱里 又装满了对烤肉酱的建议 |
[15:16] | I miss being retired. | 我怀念退休的惬意时光了 |
[15:18] | You know, I had fun being retired, too. | 你知道嘛 我也觉得退休很有意思 |
[15:20] | Especially meeting Kent and Linda. | 尤其是遇到了肯特和琳达后 |
[15:22] | They’re doing it right. | 他们的做法很对 |
[15:23] | I knew you’d come around on retirement! | 我就知道你会改变对退休的看法的 |
[15:26] | Does this mean you’re open to Rancho Contento? | 这是不是意味着你考虑快乐牧场了? |
[15:27] | I think someday, I might be. | 也许某天我真的会想去 |
[15:30] | Really? | 真的吗?你知道嘛 |
[15:31] | You know, if we send in our deposits now, | 如果我们现在就交订金 |
[15:32] | we can still get that early-bird deal. | 还能享受早鸟优惠 |
[15:34] | Shall I grab the checkbooks? | 我要不去拿支票过来? |
[15:35] | You can, but I already spent my retirement. | 可以 但是我已经把我的退休金花了 |
[15:37] | That money’s gone. | 那笔钱已经用了 |
[15:39] | Wh… [Gulps] | |
[15:41] | You know, this swamp wine really grows on you. | 这个沼泽味的红酒也越来越吸引人了 |
[15:48] | What do you mean the money’s gone? Where has it gone? | 你说钱用了是什么意思? 用在什么地方了? |
[15:50] | To Orlando State. | 奥兰多周立大学 |
[15:52] | I used the savings from my retirement | 我用退休金增加了双倍课程 |
[15:54] | to double my class load. | |
[15:55] | So now I will graduate in two years, not four. | 所以现在我还想有两年就毕业了 而不是四年 |
[15:58] | What? How could you do that? | 什么?你这么能这样做呢? |
[15:59] | If you’re worried about the early withdrawal penalties | 不用担心 |
[16:02] | from the Roth IRA, don’t be. | 提前提取个人退休账户的罚金 |
[16:04] | We’re good. I called Kent. | 没事的 我联系了肯特 |
[16:06] | Who?! | -谁? |
[16:07] | The cool retired guy from the winery. | -酒庄遇到的那个时髦的退休家伙 |
[16:09] | I also got his recipe for limoncello. | 我还拿到了柠檬甜酒的配方 |
[16:13] | Don’t touch the jars in the pantry | 别碰贮藏柜的坛子 |
[16:14] | for six to eight months. | 还需要静置六到八个月 |
[16:16] | I can’t believe you’d rather spend money on school | 真不敢相信你居然把钱花在学校上 却不愿意花在我们的退休生活上 |
[16:18] | than our retirement! I mean, school sucks! | 我想说 学校糟糕极了! |
[16:20] | That’s what the majority of graffiti is about! | 大多数涂鸦都是这么宣传的 |
[16:24] | [Indistinct talking] | 疯狂街机 |
[16:26] | ‘Sup, guys? Look, this isn’t easy for me to say… | 大家都好吗? 听我说 虽然很难开口… |
[16:29] | YOUNG MAN: Hey! No cutskis. | 嘿!禁止插队! |
[16:31] | I’m not cutting, man. | 我没想插队 |
[16:33] | I’m just trying to talk to my friends. | 兄弟 我只是想跟朋友们聊一下 |
[16:34] | I’ve got my eyes on you. | 我会注意你的 |
[16:37] | As I was saying, I’m sorry if I’ve been a bad friend. | 正如我所说 很抱歉我不是个好朋友 |
[16:40] | Especially when you guys have listened to me talk about Tina | 尤其是你们不得不 |
[16:42] | basically nonstop. | 听我没完没了地谈论缇娜 |
[16:43] | You have been kind of obsessed. | 你有点像着了魔似的 |
[16:45] | I know, and I appreciate you guys putting up with it. | 我知道 所以很感谢你们一直包容我 |
[16:47] | Y’all are like my Miranda, my Samantha, my Charlotte, | 你们就像是我的米兰达 |
[16:50] | and my Carrie. | 瑟曼莎 夏洛特和凯莉 |
[16:52] | And I’m lucky to be more like | 我很幸运 |
[16:53] | – a Stanford Blatch in the crew. – Who? | 如团队里的斯坦福布拉奇 你说的是谁? |
[16:55] | Oh, he’s this dope gay dude who should be more of a major character. | 他是个超酷的同性恋 更应该成为主角 |
[16:58] | The point is, it can’t just be me all the time. | 关键点在于我不应该始终只关注自己 |
[17:02] | ♪♪ | |
[17:05] | Now, let’s “Dance Dance Revolution.” | 现在让我们去玩跳舞机吧 |
[17:10] | I bribed him with Cattleman’s ribs to take you guys to the front. | 我用牛仔牛排贿赂他 让他把你们插到前面去 |
[17:13] | – [Exhales sharply] Thanks, Eddie. – I can finally pee! | -谢谢你艾迪 -我终于能小便了! |
[17:15] | No, no, no, no, no. You cannot cutski. | 不 不 |
[17:17] | No cutskis! | 不 不 |
[17:19] | ♪♪ | 不 不能插队 禁止插队! |
[17:23] | And king me. Again. | 再次封王 |
[17:25] | _ | 有一天 你的帝国会完蛋 |
[17:28] | Sorry, Grandma. | 对不起 奶奶 |
[17:29] | It’s not you who I want to destroy. | 我并不是想伤害您 |
[17:32] | I can’t take this anymore! | 我承受不住了 |
[17:33] | Why do you want to kill me? | 你为什么想杀我? |
[17:34] | What makes you say that, dear brother? | 你为什么这样说 亲爱的哥哥? |
[17:36] | Because I read your dream journal, okay? | 因为我看过你的梦境日记了 |
[17:38] | I die in all of your dreams. | 在你的梦里我只有死路一条 |
[17:39] | Aha! I knew it. But there’s one thing you didn’t count on. | 我就知道!但是有件事你肯定没想到 |
[17:43] | That journal was a fake. | 那本日记是假的 |
[17:44] | I planted it to teach you a lesson. | 我估计放在那里给你好好上一课 |
[17:46] | Maybe now you’ll respect my privacy. | 你或许就知道尊重我的隐私了 |
[17:48] | So you didn’t actually dream those horrible things? | 所以你其实没做这些可怕的梦? |
[17:51] | You spent hours imagining them | 而是花好几个小时想象这些场景 |
[17:53] | and writing them in a fake journal? | 然后写在假日记中? |
[17:54] | That’s worse. | 那更差劲了 |
[17:55] | I didn’t write it. | 那可不是我写的 |
[17:57] | Grandma did. What? | -是奶奶写的 -什么? |
[17:59] | _ | 嘿 我退休了 |
[18:01] | _ | 我有时间做很好玩的事啊 |
[18:03] | [Sighs] | |
[18:05] | ♪♪ | |
[18:10] | Hm. | |
[18:12] | Your limoncello is terrible. | 你做的柠檬甜酒真糟糕 |
[18:14] | I told you it’s not ready yet. | 我告诉过你还需要静置几个月 |
[18:18] | [Sighs] And neither am I. | 我也没准备好 路易斯 |
[18:21] | [Sighs] Louis, I would love to retire with you one day. | 未来某天 我很想和你一起退休 |
[18:24] | I just don’t feel like I’ve earned it yet. | 我只是觉得现在还没有资格 |
[18:28] | What do you mean? | 你这话是什么意思? |
[18:29] | Well, talking to Linda about her legacy | 和琳达聊过她的成就后 |
[18:31] | made me realize I haven’t accomplished enough. | 我意识到自己离成功还差很远 |
[18:34] | What? That’s crazy! | 什么?简直是胡说 |
[18:36] | You’re a great parent, you’re head of the PTA, | 你是位好妈妈 是家长会的会长 |
[18:38] | not to mention everything you’ve done for Cattleman’s. | 更不用说你为牛仔牧场牛排屋 所做的一切了 |
[18:40] | I know, but it’s “Louis Huang’s Cattleman’s Ranch” | 我知道 |
[18:42] | on the sign. | 但是招牌 是“黄路易斯的牛仔牧场” |
[18:44] | I want my name on something. | 我也想有我自己名字的招牌 |
[18:46] | That’s why I need to go back to school | 这就是我要返回校园的原因 |
[18:48] | and become the best principal | 成为最好的校长 |
[18:50] | so I can cement my own legacy… | 以此巩固我的成就 |
[18:52] | Get my name on a door, maybe a whole school. | 在门上写上我的名字 |
[18:55] | Maybe even a college. | 或者让学校用我的名字命名 甚至有可能让大学用我的名字命名 |
[18:57] | “The University of Phoenix and Jessica Huang.” | “凤凰城黄洁西卡大学” |
[19:00] | Mnh, no. Not that, but something similar. | 不是 才不是这样的名字 但也差不多啦 |
[19:02] | Then I can relax and fish | 到那时我才能放松下来钓钓鱼 |
[19:06] | and get dumb with you at Rancho Contento | 和你一起去快乐牧场犯傻 |
[19:08] | knowing that my name lives on. | 因为知道我要名垂千古啦 |
[19:10] | I get it. You want to make an impact. | 我明白 你想创造辉煌 |
[19:13] | “College of William & Mary & Jessica Huang.” | “威廉玛丽黄洁西卡大学” |
[19:16] | Or “Jessica Huang presents Harvard University.” | 或者“哈佛大学黄洁西卡分校” |
[19:21] | Ah. | |
[19:24] | That’s good. [Chuckles] | 这个好 |
[19:25] | [School bell rings] | |
[19:27] | [Indistinct conversations] | |
[19:29] | Hey, Eddie. | 嘿 艾迪 |
[19:31] | Trent told me how you VIP’ed | 特伦特跟我说在街机店的时候 |
[19:32] | your friends at the arcade. | 你帮他们搞到了快速通道 |
[19:34] | That was really cool of you. | 很棒啊 |
[19:35] | What good is a greased rib | 如果多汁牛排不能用来 |
[19:36] | if you can’t grease a palm or two? | 贿赂人的话 那要它何用呢? |
[19:38] | [Laughs] | |
[19:39] | Um, Trent also said you’ve been watching | 特伦特还说你在看《欲望都市》 |
[19:41] | a lot of “Sex and the City.” | |
[19:42] | And Manolo? That’s a shoe. | 马诺洛?那是鞋子的牌子 |
[19:45] | Oh, God. That makes so much more sense. | 天哪 那这样就说得通了 |
[19:48] | Want to hang out tomorrow, talk “SATC”? | 明天要一起玩 聊聊《欲望都市》吗? |
[19:51] | I’d love to, | 我很想去 |
[19:52] | but I got big brunch plans with my crew. | 但是我和朋友 约好了去吃早午餐 |
[19:55] | Rain check? | 改日如何? |
[19:56] | Definitely. | 没问题 |
[19:59] | Journal is not gonna believe this. | 日记肯定不会相信这个 |
[20:02] | ♪♪ | M 摩雯思 |
[20:08] | Surprise. | 惊喜来袭 |
[20:09] | [Sighs] Louis, if you try to kidnap me again, | 路易斯 |
[20:12] | I will call campus security. | 如果你再试图绑架我的话 我就叫园区保安了 |
[20:14] | They are guaranteed to respond within 9 to 13 minutes. | 他们保证会在九到十三分钟内响应的 |
[20:16] | I just need five. I have a present for you. | 我只需要五分钟 有礼物送给你 |
[20:18] | I can’t let you go back to school | 我不允许你回归校园没有双肩包作陪 |
[20:20] | without a real backpack. | 黄洁西卡 |
[20:22] | Now, this is just a start, but I know | 虽然现在还只是个开始 但是我知道 |
[20:24] | you’ll have your name on a door or a building in no time. | 你很快 就能留名于门上或教学楼上 |
[20:26] | Aww. That is very sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[20:28] | Unsafe, | 但是不安全 |
[20:30] | because now potential muggers will know my name, | 因为潜在的抢劫犯 会知道我的名字 |
[20:32] | but it’s very sweet. | 但还是很贴心啦 |
[20:33] | That’s not all. Look inside. | 不止这些 看看里面 |
[20:39] | I cashed out my retirement account, too. | 我也把退休账户里的钱取出来了 |
[20:40] | Now you can go full-time. Oh! | 这样你就可以全职读书了 |
[20:44] | Louis, thank you! | 路易斯!谢谢!这样我就可以加入 |
[20:45] | Oh, now I can join the OrlanDo-Re-Mi’s. | 奥兰多音乐团了 |
[20:49] | It’s the a cappella group. | 是个合唱团 |
[20:51] | Once I get in, I’m changing the name | 一旦我加入 |
[20:53] | to “Jessica and the Do-Re-Mi’s.” | 我就把团名改成 “洁西卡音乐团” |
[21:00] | Mimosa? | 巴克起泡酒?别担心 |
[21:01] | Don’t worry. It’s just OJ and Sprite. | 只是橙汁和雪碧 |
[21:03] | Well, hell, why not? | 好吧 去他的 干嘛不喝呢? |
[21:04] | As Samantha would say, | 就像瑟曼莎说的 |
[21:06] | “I’ll try anything once.” | “凡事都要尝试一下” |
[21:07] | So, brunch is just breakfast at lunchtime. | 所以早午餐只是在午间吃早餐 |
[21:10] | [“Careless Whisper” plays on saxophone] | |
[21:14] | [Sour notes play] |