时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | ♪♪ | |
[00:02] | As you all know, I have recently enrolled | 正如大家所知 |
[00:05] | in Orlando State University’s | 我最近报名了奥兰多州立大学 |
[00:06] | prestigious school administration program. | 著名的学校管理课程 |
[00:12] | I was holding for applause. | 我在等着掌声呢 |
[00:13] | [applause] | |
[00:15] | Thank you, thank you. You’re too kind. | 谢谢大家!你们真是太好了 |
[00:18] | It’s time this bird flew back to school | 是时候让我这只鸟飞回学校 |
[00:21] | to become the teacher-boss she was always meant to be. | 成为我一直想成为的老师兼老板了 |
[00:24] | I won’t be around as much, but don’t worry. | 我不能时常在你们身边了 但是别担心 |
[00:26] | I will be leaving you in very capable hands. | 我会把你们交给 有能力的人来照顾 |
[00:28] | Everybody, please give your full attention and respect | 各位 |
[00:32] | to… | 请把充分的关注和尊重 |
[00:33] | Evan. ♪♪ | 给予艾文 |
[00:37] | Thank you. It’s an honor. | 谢谢 是我的荣幸 |
[00:39] | Evan’s in charge? But what about Dad? | 艾文打理一切?那爸爸呢? |
[00:41] | Oh, well, I can’t be in charge | 嗯 |
[00:42] | ’cause I’m too busy running the restaurant. | 我无暇管理家庭 因为要忙于经营餐厅 |
[00:44] | Yes, that’s exactly it. | 没错 就是这个原因 |
[00:46] | I have appointed Evan to the position of Vice Mommy. | 我任命艾文担任“代班妈妈” |
[00:49] | Vice Mommy? Sounds like a made-up job. | “代班妈妈”?听起来像是编的职位 |
[00:52] | Well, “Emery” sounds like a made-up name, so… | 那么“艾默利”听起来 像个编的名字呢 所以… |
[00:54] | [chuckles] | |
[00:56] | Vice Mommy, the floor is yours. | 代班妈妈 轮到你了 艾文的待办清单 爸爸 奶奶 艾迪 艾默利 我想和你们合作 不是改造你们 |
[00:59] | ♪♪ | |
[01:03] | I want to work withyou, not atyou, | |
[01:06] | so, please, for the love of God, | 所以看在上帝的份上 |
[01:07] | work withme. | 和我一起合作吧 |
[01:10] | I don’t hear applause. | 怎么没掌声呢 |
[01:13] | [applause] | |
[01:16] | ♪♪ | |
[01:18] | ♪ Fresh off the boat♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:20] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:21] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:24] | ♪ Fresh off the boat♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:25] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:27] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’♪ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:29] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat♪ | 《初来乍到》 |
[01:30] | ♪♪ | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:34] | There’s a cookie in here with your name on it, | 这里有一块饼干 上面写着你的名字 |
[01:36] | but promise me you’ll eat your carrots first. | 但是向我保证你会先吃胡萝卜 |
[01:38] | Yes, Vice Mommy. | 遵命 代班妈妈 |
[01:40] | [rustling, zipper closes] | |
[01:41] | Wait, did you — | 等一下 你是不是… |
[01:43] | Hide Dad’s purple tie so he doesn’t waste 15 minutes | 把爸爸的紫色领带藏起来了 这样他就不会浪费十五分钟 |
[01:44] | debating if he can pull it off? | 争论自己带这个适不适合了?是的 |
[01:45] | Yes. | |
[01:46] | Good. Did you — | 很好 你是不是… |
[01:48] | Clean the hair out of the drain | 把下水道里的头发清理干净 |
[01:49] | so Emery doesn’t think it’s a shower rat? | 这样 就艾默利不会认为浴室里有老鼠了? |
[01:51] | No. He needs to learn. | 不 他要从中吸取教训 |
[01:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:53] | He must be braver. | 他必须要勇敢起来 |
[01:55] | [sighs] I guess I’m just nervous. | 我想我只是太紧张了 |
[01:57] | As the roaring engine of the Huang family machine, | 作为黄家机器运转的发动机 |
[02:00] | I’m afraid things will fall apart without me. | 我怕没了我一切都会瓦解 |
[02:03] | Maybe I should just stay home, | 也许我就应该待在家里 |
[02:05] | put school off for another year… | 把学业再推迟一年 |
[02:07] | or 10. | 或者十年 |
[02:08] | Woman! That’s crazy talk! | 女人!你在说什么胡话 |
[02:10] | This is your dream! | 这是你的梦想 |
[02:11] | I know, but what if Eddie forgets to pack for Taiwan | 我知道 但是要是艾迪忘记 收拾去台湾要带的行李怎么办? |
[02:13] | or Grandma succeeds in throwing that party | 又或者奶奶成功举办了派对 |
[02:15] | she’s been threatening to throw for two years? | 那个她想了两年的派对? |
[02:17] | Relax. I’ve got you covered. | 放松 你有我呢 |
[02:19] | I’ve even scheduled Vice Mommy Reports, | 我甚至还安排了“代班妈妈报告”呢 |
[02:21] | or “VMRs.” | 代班妈妈报告 解救肯尼迪 |
[02:23] | Each night, we’ll decompress over a game of Scrabble, | 每晚我们都会通过拼字游戏解压 |
[02:25] | and I’ll fill you in on news from the home front. | 我会告诉你来自家庭前线的新闻 |
[02:28] | Sounds good. | 听起来很棒 |
[02:29] | Sprinkle in some current events, too. | 再加入一些时事吧 |
[02:31] | I like to be informed. | 我喜欢了解情况 |
[02:32] | Come on. You’ll miss the bus. | 快点 你要错过班车了 |
[02:34] | I’m driving. | 我开车去 |
[02:35] | They grow up so fast. | 他们成长的如此快 |
[02:37] | Thank you, Evan. | 谢谢你 艾文 |
[02:39] | I don’t know what I’d do without you. | 没有你 我都不知道该怎么办了 |
[02:41] | [door opens, closes] | |
[02:42] | Don’t even think about it. | 想都别想 |
[02:45] | [sighs] Why are you such a bummer? | 你怎么这么扫兴? |
[02:47] | Because things are changing around here. | 因为这里发生了改变 |
[02:49] | A lesser boy may be worried | 不成熟的小男孩可能会担心 |
[02:51] | about losing his mommy to school, but not me. | 学校抢了妈妈 但我就不会 |
[02:53] | I’m gonna make sure everything runs perfectly | 我要确保一切完美进行 |
[02:56] | so that Mommy will have more than enough time for me. | 这样妈妈就有足够的时间陪我了 |
[02:58] | [speaking Chinese] | 你们两个人啊真是天生的一对 |
[03:01] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我就把这话当做赞美啦 |
[03:03] | Now, please, | 现在请转身并倒数三十秒 |
[03:04] | turn around and count to 30 so I can hide the phone. | 我好把电话藏起来 牛仔牧场牛排屋 |
[03:06] | [button clacks] | |
[03:08] | [whirring] | |
[03:11] | TRENT: Hey, delivery boy, | 嘿 外卖小哥 |
[03:13] | these guys may look like regular cans, | 这些东西看起来像普通的罐头 |
[03:15] | but they’re all secretly wallets. | 但它们其实都是隐藏的存钱罐 |
[03:16] | You can borrow ’em for your trip. | 你旅行时可以带上他们 |
[03:18] | Oh, thanks! | 多谢! |
[03:19] | But I’ll respectfully pass on “Sensitive Skin” here. | 但我最好还是别用 这个带“敏感皮肤”字样的了 |
[03:22] | Don’t want thieves thinking I can’t handle a normal shave. | 不想让小偷觉得我都无法正常剃胡子 |
[03:24] | Oh, man. | 兄弟 |
[03:25] | I can’t believe you’re travelingabroad, all by yourself. | 真不敢相信你孤身去国外旅行 |
[03:28] | Yeah, I’m pretty stoked for this cultural exchange program. | 是的 我非常喜欢这个文化交流项目 |
[03:30] | I feel worldly and mature, | 增加了生活经验 也成熟了不少 |
[03:32] | like I just tried sushi for the first time. | 比如说我第一次尝试了寿司 |
[03:34] | And you’re not freaked out at all? | 而且你一点都不害怕? |
[03:35] | Taiwan’s pretty far away. | 台湾相当远 |
[03:37] | Like, farther than England. | 好像比英国还要远 |
[03:38] | The only thing I’m nervous about | 唯一使我不安的是 |
[03:40] | is asking Tinato be my girlfriend before I go. | 出发前告白缇娜 让她做我的女朋友 |
[03:42] | She challenged me to improve myself, | 她向我发起挑战 |
[03:44] | and I think I have. | 让我提升自己 我觉得我做到了 |
[03:45] | I noticed you’ve been carrying around a hanky. | 我留意到你一直带着手帕 |
[03:47] | Oh, my gentleman’s napkin? | 我的绅士餐巾?没错 |
[03:49] | Yeah. | |
[03:50] | I think I’m ready to ask her out. | 我觉得我准备好邀请她出去了 |
[03:51] | I’d say so. | 我也觉得 |
[03:52] | You and my sister going steady — | 你和我姐姐的关系进入稳定状态 |
[03:54] | how thrilling. | 多么令人激动 |
[03:55] | Have you picked out the pin? Can I see? | 你选好胸针了吗? -我能看看吗? |
[03:56] | -The pin? -To make it official, | -“胸针”? 为了正式起见 |
[03:58] | my dad says you have to offer up a pin. | 我爸爸说 你必须佩戴胸针 |
[04:00] | I keep one on me at all times. | 我一直随身携带 |
[04:02] | Oh, crap. | 该死 |
[04:04] | Is this another one of the old man’s antiquated customs? | 这又是老爷子过时的风俗吗? |
[04:06] | Until last year, I thought | 直到去年 |
[04:07] | every family practiced hiding underground | 我都还认为 每个家庭都练习躲在地下 |
[04:09] | in case the Ruskis get any ideas. | 以防老毛子有啥想法 |
[04:11] | [triangle clanging] | |
[04:12] | Gather ’round, Cattlemen and women! | 先生们女士们 大家围过来! |
[04:16] | It is that time of the month. | 又到每月那时候了 |
[04:18] | Uh, I mean,it’s Employee of the Month time. | 我是指评选月度最佳员工的时候 |
[04:20] | [chuckles] | |
[04:22] | Now, the winner of this month’s award | 这个月的获奖者很有进取心 |
[04:24] | is clearly driven. | |
[04:27] | He’s had this in the bag. | 他对这一切胸有成竹 |
[04:29] | He never phones it in, | 他从不敷衍了事 |
[04:31] | but you can always count on him to deliver. | 但你永远可以指望他兑现诺言 |
[04:34] | [chuckles] I wonder who it is! | 我想知道是谁 |
[04:36] | The winner is… | 获胜者是 |
[04:38] | my baby boy… | 我的宝贝儿子… |
[04:39] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[04:40] | You still don’t get it? | 你还不明白吗? |
[04:43] | …Eddie! [chuckles] | 艾迪! |
[04:46] | Huh. Must be nice to be the boss’ son. | 当老板的儿子一定很不错 |
[04:50] | Uh, Dad, thanks, but I don’t want you | 爸爸…谢谢 但我不想你 |
[04:51] | to give me special treatment just because I’m your son. | 因为我是你儿子 就给我特殊待遇 |
[04:54] | No, there’s no special treatment. | 不是 没有什么特殊待遇 |
[04:55] | You earned this fair and square. | 是你光明正大赢得的 |
[04:57] | [baby-talking] I can’t help it if my little boy | 要是我的宝贝儿子 |
[04:58] | is killing it at his big, grown-up job! | 在重要的成年人岗位上做得很棒 我也没办法啊 |
[05:01] | [chuckles] | |
[05:03] | Wow, our first Asian Employee of the Month. | 我们的第一位亚裔月度最佳员工 |
[05:06] | What took so long, Louis? | 怎么花了这么久的时间 路易斯? |
[05:07] | [grunts] Sat on my pin! | 坐在我胸针上了 |
[05:09] | Don’t you dare tell anyone I’m dating my butt. | 别告诉任何人我在和我的屁股约会 |
[05:14] | I’m adding an “I-V-E.” | 我再放个“I V E” 多产的 |
[05:19] | “Productive”! | “多产的” |
[05:20] | Which is what I’ve been while you were at school. | 这就是当你在学校时 我一直在做的事情 |
[05:23] | Is this really your best work? | 这真的是你最好的作品吗? |
[05:25] | Yeah. | -是的 |
[05:26] | Okay. | -好吧 |
[05:28] | If you think it’s your best work, then I believe you. | 如果你认为这是你最好的作品 |
[05:30] | ♪♪ | 那么我相信你 |
[05:35] | Mm. These definitely aren’t worker hands. | 这绝对不是工人的手 |
[05:38] | Smooth as the city. | 如此光滑 |
[05:40] | Sorry. It’s what Mommy would say. | 对不起 这应该是妈妈说的 |
[05:44] | So, uh, a li’l birdie told me | 一只小鸟告诉我你准备缇娜正式交往 |
[05:46] | you were making it official with Tina. | |
[05:47] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[05:49] | Is this li’l birdie dating his own butt? | 是和自己屁股 |
[05:51] | Ah, ah, ah! | 约会的那只小鸟吗? |
[05:52] | Personal conversations afterchores. | 先干完家务后再谈话 |
[05:58] | Pretty good job, right? | 我做得不错 对吧? |
[06:01] | Mommy? | 妈妈?这是我们的亲子时光 |
[06:02] | This is ourtime. | |
[06:04] | I’m totally listening. What’s up? | 我绝对在听 怎么了? |
[06:06] | Something wrong? | 出了什么事吗? |
[06:07] | You played “sad”and didn’t make anything plural. | 你拼出了“悲伤” 但是下一个变复数动作没了 |
[06:10] | I’m thinking about school. | 我一直在想学校的事情 |
[06:12] | Oh. I see. | 我听着呢 |
[06:14] | I got a B on my first assignment. | 第一个作业我就得了B |
[06:16] | Not you! You’re an A-plus Mommy! | 这不是你!你可是超级妈妈! |
[06:18] | How did this happen?! | 这怎么回事? |
[06:19] | I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[06:21] | I’m doing my best, and the professor loves me. | 我尽了最大的努力 教授也很喜欢我 |
[06:23] | I mean, can you blame her? | 我是说 你能怪她吗? |
[06:24] | Well, what can I do to help? | 那我能帮上什么忙? |
[06:27] | I am your Vice Mommy, after all. | 毕竟我是你的代班妈妈 |
[06:28] | And you’re doing a great job. | 你做得很好 |
[06:31] | I’m sure I’ll figure it out. | 我相信自己会弄清楚的 |
[06:33] | I think I’m gonna turn in. | 我有困意了 |
[06:35] | We’ll just call this a tie. | 这局就当我们平手了 |
[06:38] | A tie? | 艾文 48 妈妈 3 平局? |
[06:40] | [whirring] | |
[06:42] | So, I don’t need a big party. | 我不需要举办一个大派对 |
[06:45] | What if I invite, like, oh, four friends over? | 如果我邀请四个朋友过来 |
[06:48] | We stay in my room. | 就待在我的房里 怎么样? |
[06:49] | My friends are cool. | 我的朋友们都很酷 |
[06:51] | We’ll keep it chill. | 我们会保持安静 |
[06:52] | Not now. | 现在不说这个 |
[06:53] | I’m losing Mommy time | 因为妈妈在校 |
[06:54] | because she’s not doing well in school. | 表现不佳 我失去了妈妈的陪伴时光 |
[06:56] | I wish she would just let me help. | 我希望她能让我帮帮她 |
[06:57] | You? Help? | 你可以帮忙? |
[06:59] | [laughs] What you going to do, huh? | 你准备怎么做? |
[07:01] | Stow away in her backpack? | 藏在她的双肩包里? |
[07:04] | [laughs] | |
[07:06] | Ah. Toasted. | 庆祝一下 |
[07:09] | [laughs] | |
[07:11] | [door opens, closes] | |
[07:13] | Big tips tonight. Look close. | 今晚的小费收获很大哦 看仔细点 |
[07:15] | You might even see a Lincoln. | 你可能还会看到五美元的 |
[07:17] | What the hell? | 什么鬼? 一路顺风 |
[07:19] | TRENT: Whew! Quite a load. | 艾迪! 拉得真多 |
[07:21] | You got your nickel’s worth out of that diaper. | 你这买尿包的五美分真是物尽其用了 |
[07:23] | The whole staff signed it to wish you a good trip! | 全体员工签字祝你旅途愉快 |
[07:25] | Do you like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[07:26] | No! I hate it! | 不!我讨厌它 |
[07:27] | I-I’m not wearing pants in some of these. | 其中有些照片我没有穿裤子! |
[07:29] | Oh, come on. You’re adorable! | 但是你很可爱啊 |
[07:31] | Look at those tender baby-boy thighs. | 看看这些娇嫩的小男孩的大腿 |
[07:33] | Don’t call me “baby boy”! | 别叫我“小男孩” |
[07:34] | Chad can totally hear us. | 查德完全可以听到我们的声音 |
[07:36] | Just look busy, like you can’t even hear. | 假装很忙 完全听不到声音 |
[07:40] | Listen, you’re doing so great at work, | 听着 你工作做得不错 |
[07:42] | and you’re about to travel abroad all alone. | 马上你就要孤身出国旅游了 |
[07:44] | I can’t help but be proud. | 我忍不住为你感到骄傲 |
[07:46] | Fine, but that doesn’t mean | 行吧 |
[07:47] | you need to broadcast your feelings at work. | 但这并不意味着 你要在工作中表现出情绪 |
[07:49] | Just… act like my boss, please. | 表现得像个老板一样 谢谢你 |
[07:52] | I’m nothing if not boss-like. | 如果不像老板 那我就什么也不是了 |
[07:54] | Well, most bosses don’t have access | 好吧 |
[07:56] | to their employees’ baby pictures. | 大多数老板 是拿不到员工的婴儿照的 |
[07:57] | Please, just leave your dad hat at home. | 拜托 把你的老爹形象放在家里吧 |
[08:01] | [sighs] No more special treatment. | 别搞特殊待遇了 |
[08:03] | I’m your employee here. That’s it. | 在这里我就是你的员工 仅此而已 |
[08:07] | But you bought me Springsteen tickets for Father’s Day! | 但你买了斯普林斯汀的门票 作为给我的父亲节礼物 |
[08:10] | The Boss on Father’s Day? | 过父亲节的老板? |
[08:11] | You startedthis confusion! | 你让我感到混乱了! |
[08:13] | If we’re changing our Employee of the Month photos, | 如果我们要换月度最佳员工的照片 |
[08:15] | I’d love to use one where my eyes aren’t so open. | 我想用那张我眼睛没睁那么大的 九月 特伦特 |
[08:19] | I’d also love a few weeks so I can get a tan. | 最好等几个星期 这样我就有时间晒黑了 |
[08:23] | ♪♪ | 奥兰多州立大学 建于1860年 |
[08:25] | Just so you know, none of these are plastic. | 请注意 这些绝非塑料 |
[08:28] | Thank you, Jessica. | 谢谢你 洁西卡 |
[08:29] | With this harvest, | 有了这个收获 |
[08:31] | I won’t have to visit the doctorfor at least a month. | 我至少一个月不用去看医生了 |
[08:32] | [forced laughter] | |
[08:34] | Oh, that’s a very good joke, Professor. | 笑话讲得真不错 |
[08:36] | Ah. | 教授 |
[08:38] | Let’s remember this happy feeling always. | 让我们永远记住这种快乐的感觉 |
[08:41] | You know, especially come grading time. | 特别是到了评分的时候 |
[08:43] | [chuckles] | |
[08:48] | EVAN: ‘Scuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[08:49] | Is this seat taken? | 请问这里有人吗? |
[08:50] | Evan? | -艾文? |
[08:51] | That’s right. | -是我 |
[08:52] | There’s a new big man on campus, | 校园里来了位大人物 |
[08:54] | and he’s little. | 但他身材矮小 |
[09:00] | Evan, this is grown-up school. | 艾文 |
[09:02] | Kids aren’t allowed here. | 这是成人学校 不允许小孩子随便来的 |
[09:04] | It’s okay. I’m only here to help. | 没事 |
[09:05] | I’m an excellent student. | 我只是想帮助你 我是一名优秀的学生 |
[09:07] | Is this a friend of yours? | 这是你的朋友吗? |
[09:08] | [forced laughter]Each joke funnier than the last. | 每个笑话都比上一个更有趣 |
[09:11] | -Mm. -Evan Huang. | 黄艾文 |
[09:13] | Believe it or not, this young lady right here | 不管你信不信 |
[09:15] | is my mother. | 站在这里的年轻女士 是我的妈妈 |
[09:16] | Good genes. What can I say? | 基因不错 我还能说什么呢? |
[09:19] | Sorry to impose, but we had some childcare issues. | 抱歉打扰您 但我们有些育儿问题 |
[09:22] | It’s so hard to find good help these days. | 如今很难找到好帮手啊 |
[09:24] | Isn’t it, though? | 可不是吗? |
[09:25] | Is it all right if I stay? | 我可以留下来吗? |
[09:27] | I have some…coloring to catch up on. | 我还有一些涂色作业要做 |
[09:29] | You won’t even know I’m here. | 你都不会察觉我在这里的 |
[09:30] | I don’t see why not. | 何乐而不为呢 超级妈妈行动 |
[09:32] | [chuckles] | |
[09:33] | [sighs] | |
[09:40] | I’m afraid my class load is far too great | 恐怕我的教学负担太重 |
[09:42] | for me to hold office hours. | 以至于我都没时间为大家答疑解惑 |
[09:44] | Instead, uh, you all know my T.A., Burt Palouska. | 你们都知道我的助教伯特帕帕普萨 |
[09:48] | “Professor too busy. | “教授太忙了 |
[09:50] | Needs help from Burt Papusa.” | “需要伯特帕卢斯卡的帮助” |
[09:53] | Burt is more than willing to help. | 伯特非常乐意提供帮助 |
[09:55] | He is going to pass out a sign-up sheet right now. | 他马上给大家发一张签到表 |
[09:58] | A little bit about me — my full name is Ferburt. | 关于我的一点 |
[10:01] | I am nota family man. | 我的全名叫费伯特 并非居家型男人 |
[10:02] | I do have s– | -我的确有… |
[10:03] | Burt, the sign-up sheet. | -伯特 发签到表了 |
[10:05] | Oh. Right. | 好的 |
[10:08] | Oh, no, thanks. You’re not the real teacher. | 不用谢 |
[10:11] | Oh. | 你并非是真正的老师 |
[10:16] | Bingo. | 对了! |
[10:17] | ♪♪ | 吸引伯特帕普萨 |
[10:22] | I didn’t realize this trip required so much shaving. | 没想到这次旅行要剃这么多胡子 |
[10:24] | Oh, my travel cans? They’re all secretly wallets. | 你说我的旅行罐头? 他们都是隐藏的存钱罐 |
[10:27] | I stored all my money in them. | 我把钱都藏进去了 |
[10:30] | Emery, you’re supposedly good with ladies, right? | 艾默利 传言你和女生关系不错? |
[10:32] | This is supposedly true. | 传言是真的 |
[10:33] | Well, let me ask you. | 那让我问问你 |
[10:35] | If I wanted to impress Tina, | 如果我想给缇娜留下深刻印象 |
[10:36] | would cooking her a romantic dinner | 给她做顿浪漫晚餐怎么样? |
[10:37] | be a good idea? | |
[10:38] | That’s a greatidea. | 好主意 |
[10:39] | She’ll melt just like butter on top of… | 她会像热餐上的黄油一样融化 |
[10:41] | some hot food. | |
[10:42] | [chuckles] | |
[10:43] | LOUIS: You know, the person | 要知道 |
[10:45] | you shouldbe thinking about is your boss. | 你要考虑的人 应该是你的老板 |
[10:46] | Have you told him about your trip? | 你告诉他你要旅行了吗? |
[10:48] | Dad, you know about my trip. | 爸爸知道我要去旅行 |
[10:49] | Oh, yes, Iknow about your trip, | 没错 |
[10:51] | but your bossdoesn’t. | 作为父亲我知道你的行程 但身为你的老板我并不知道 |
[10:53] | I’m lost. | 我晕了 |
[10:54] | Did a famous musician take over Cattleman’s again? | 牛仔牧场牛排屋 又要被著名的音乐家接手了吗? |
[10:56] | Well, since we’re at home, I have my dad hat on. | 好吧 既然我们在家 我就换回我父亲的身份吧 |
[11:00] | Allow me to give you some fatherly advice. | 请允许我给你一些来自父亲的建议 |
[11:02] | Whenever you take a trip, | 每次休假时 |
[11:04] | you always need to check in at work, | 都要进行向餐厅提出申请 |
[11:06] | fill out the proper time-off forms, et cetera. | 填写相应休假表格等 |
[11:08] | For real? | -真的吗? |
[11:09] | For real. | -真的 |
[11:10] | You said you didn’t want any special treatment. | 你说过你不想被特殊对待 |
[11:14] | Ew. All your money’s wet. | 你的钱都是湿漉漉的 |
[11:18] | Wow. College is like the Wild, Wild West. | 大学就像《狂野西部》 |
[11:21] | People coming and going without bathroom passes. | 人来人往都不需要厕所通行证 |
[11:23] | Somebody had a computer. | 有人有电脑 |
[11:25] | There was a girl who could sit on her own hair. | 有个女孩头发长到可以坐在屁股下 |
[11:26] | Ugh. Denise. | 丹尼斯 |
[11:28] | When she buns it up, I can’t see the board. | 她头发扎起来的时候 我甚至都没法看到黑板 |
[11:30] | Well, it was so great spending the day together. | 一起度过一整天真是太棒了 |
[11:32] | And also, I figured out your problem. | 同时我找到你的问题所在了 |
[11:34] | It’s Burt. | 就是伯特 |
[11:36] | What’s Burt? | -伯特是什么? |
[11:37] | The T.A. | -那个助教 |
[11:38] | He holds the key to your A. | 他掌握着你是否能拿A |
[11:39] | Guy who turns on the projector? | 开投影仪的家伙? |
[11:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:42] | He’s also the one who grades the papers | 他给论文评分 |
[11:44] | and does all the grunt work | 完成所有繁重的工作 |
[11:46] | while the professor soaks in all the glory. | 而所有的荣誉都是教授的 |
[11:47] | He’s the wind beneath her wings. | 他就是支撑她起飞的风 |
[11:49] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:50] | So you need to win him over. | 所以你要获得他的信任 在他上班时过去 |
[11:52] | Go to his office hours. Invite him over here to dinner. | 邀请他来这里共享晚餐 |
[11:55] | And together, we’ll charm him all the way to A-Plus Town. | 我们一起把他引进“超级小镇” |
[11:57] | Or, better yet — | “超级城市”更贴切 |
[11:58] | -A-Plus City. -Mm. | |
[12:00] | It’s like a town, but with more people and more crime. | 就像一个城镇 但更多人 更多犯罪 |
[12:05] | There comes a time in every young man’s life | 每个年轻人的生命中都会有一段时间 |
[12:07] | when he’s faced with the question — | 需要面对这个问题 |
[12:09] | are you gonna beat this duck à l’orange recipe, | “你会成功按食谱做出法式香橙鸭 |
[12:11] | or are you gonna let thisduck à l’orange recipe beat you? | “还是你会被这个 法式香橙鸭的食谱难倒呢?” |
[12:14] | Scoot over, li’l bro. | 往旁边挪一点 小老弟 |
[12:16] | I gotta cook for my would-be lady before I leave. | 我要赶在离开前 给我的准女友做顿大餐 |
[12:17] | Work my culinary magic. | 发挥我的烹饪魔法 |
[12:19] | Sorry, can’t. | 抱歉 不行哦 |
[12:20] | I need the kitchen so I can dazzle Burt Papusa. | 我要用厨房迷倒伯特帕普萨 |
[12:22] | Who the hell is Burt Papusa? | 伯特帕普萨究竟是谁? |
[12:24] | I don’t have time to explain who everyone is to you! | 我没有时间向你解释每个人! |
[12:27] | If you look at the family schedule, | 如果你看看家庭日程表 你就会看到 |
[12:29] | you’ll see that I have reserved the kitchen. | 周四下午四到七点 厨房预订 我已经预定了厨房 |
[12:31] | As Vice Mommy, I’m gonna have to insist that you leave. | 作为代班妈妈 我不得不请你离开 |
[12:34] | You’re gonna have to find another kitchen | 你要找别的厨房 |
[12:36] | for your little flirt fest. | 做你的调情盛宴了 |
[12:37] | What is going on in this house? | 这个家是怎么了? |
[12:39] | You’re the mom, Dad’s the boss, | 你成了妈妈 爸爸成了老板 |
[12:41] | and Grandma asked me to drive her to get a keg. | 奶奶让我开车带她去拿一个小桶 |
[12:43] | Please tell me you didn’t. | 请告诉我你没去 |
[12:45] | Relax. She refused to put a deposit down on the tap, | 放松 她拒绝花钱买水龙头 |
[12:47] | so we just turned around. | 所以我们就原路返回了 |
[12:48] | [sighs] | |
[12:51] | Damn, girl! You finished that whole steak! | 天哪 宝贝 你吃完了整个牛排 |
[12:55] | EDDIE [thinking]: What was that? Come on, Huang! | 说什么呢?加油 |
[12:57] | You’re trying to ask this girl out! | 黄 尝试约她出去 |
[12:58] | I’m just messing with you. | 我逗你玩呢 |
[12:59] | [laughs] | |
[13:01] | You’re damn right I ate that whole steak! | 该死的 你说对了 我吃完了整个牛排! |
[13:03] | I always finish what I start. | 我做事总是有始有终 |
[13:05] | I’m not afraid of commitment. | 我不害怕承诺 |
[13:06] | EDDIE: Oh, man, she’s giving you nothing. | 天 |
[13:07] | You’re just gonna have to go for it. | 她这话没法接 |
[13:09] | Um, look, Tina. | 你只能自己来了 |
[13:11] | I have something I want to ask. | 听我说 缇娜 |
[13:13] | What’s all this? | 我想问你一件事 这是怎么回事? |
[13:15] | Hey, Mr. Huang. | 你好 黄先生 |
[13:16] | Tina, always a pleasure. | 缇娜 很开心见到你 |
[13:18] | Ooh, clean plate club. Nice. [chuckles] | 光盘行动践行者 不错哦 |
[13:20] | Eddie, a word, please? | 艾迪 聊一下? |
[13:23] | Dad, you just interrupted my romantic moment. | 爸爸 你刚刚打断了我的浪漫时刻 |
[13:25] | Look, no one wants you and Tina together more than me, | 没有人比我更希望你和缇娜能在一起 |
[13:28] | but you used the work kitchen without permission. | 但是你未经允许就用了餐厅的厨房 |
[13:30] | If you were any other employee, you’d be fired. | 如果你是别的员工 你就已被开除了 |
[13:32] | See, Evan kicked me out, so I had to find another — | 是这样的 艾文把我赶出来了 所以我不得不另找一个… |
[13:35] | Stop right there. | 停下 |
[13:36] | We’re at work. I have my boss hat on. | 现在在上班 我现在是你的老板 |
[13:37] | I can’t get in the middle of your family drama. | 我不能插手你的家庭闹剧 |
[13:40] | Come on, Dad. You’re taking this too far. | 不是吧 爸爸 你太过分了! |
[13:41] | You’re the one who wanted to draw these lines, | 你才是那个想划清界限的人 |
[13:43] | but only when it was convenient for you. | 但只是在对你有利的时候 |
[13:45] | Clean the kitchen — now! | 打扫厨房 马上 |
[13:46] | I should let you get back to work. | 我应该放你回去工作 |
[13:49] | Um, I’ll walk you out. | -我送你出去 |
[13:51] | It’s fine. Do your thing. | -没事 你去忙吧 |
[13:52] | I’ll see you later, okay? | 回头见好吗? |
[13:54] | ♪♪ | |
[13:58] | Thanks a lot, boss. | 我谢谢你 |
[14:00] | ♪♪ | 老板 |
[14:07] | It was worth the battle | 让妈妈买这些黄油刀是值得的 |
[14:08] | to get Mommy to buy these butter knives. | |
[14:11] | [door opens] | |
[14:13] | Evan, your plan worked. | 艾文!你的计划生效了 |
[14:15] | Oh, it did? | 是吧?真是个大惊喜 |
[14:16] | What a surprise! | |
[14:17] | Burt was thrilled that I attended his office hours. | 我在办公时间找伯特 他激动死了 |
[14:20] | Yes. I love it. | 很好!真不错 |
[14:22] | Where is that son of a gun? My duck’s getting cold. | 他人在哪里?我的鸭子马上要凉了 |
[14:24] | Oh, change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[14:26] | Burt invited me to join his study group | 伯特邀请我参加他的学习小组 |
[14:28] | that meets tonight! | 就在今晚 |
[14:29] | So, he’s not coming for dinner? | 所以他不过来吃晚餐了? |
[14:31] | No. | 不来了 |
[14:32] | But the duck looks great, though. | 但是鸭子看起来真美味 |
[14:34] | You keep cooking like this for the family, | 你一直这样为家人做饭 |
[14:36] | you’re gonna make me look bad. | 显得我更糟糕了 |
[14:38] | Wait! | 等一下 |
[14:39] | We still need to do our VMR. | 我们还要进行代班妈妈报告会呢 |
[14:41] | Oh, you don’t have to do those for me anymore. | 你不必再为我安排报告会 |
[14:44] | I know you have everything under control. | 我知道一切都在你的掌握之中 |
[14:47] | [door closes] | |
[14:48] | Hey, Julia Child. | 嘿 小大厨 |
[14:50] | I’m taking this guy back to my room. | 我要把这个带进我的房间 拼字游戏 幼儿 耍脾气 节日 |
[14:56] | Maybe a fun party | 也许一个有趣的派对 |
[14:58] | will turn your frown upside-down? | 能让你眉头稍缓? |
[15:01] | [sighs] I can’t believe my plan backfired. | 真不敢相信我的计划适得其反了 |
[15:03] | Instead of securing more time with Mommy, | 非但没有更多和妈妈相处的时间 |
[15:05] | I’ve pushed her intothe waiting arms of Burt Papusa. | 我还把她推给了 伸出双臂等候的伯特帕普萨 |
[15:11] | Aren’t you going to ask who Burt Papusa is? | 你不想问问伯特帕普萨是谁吗? |
[15:13] | I assume he’s a wrestler. | 我猜他是个摔跤手 |
[15:15] | Well, he’s wrestled Mommy away from me. | 好吧 |
[15:17] | That’s for sure. | 他把妈妈从我身边拉开 |
[15:18] | As long as you’retaking care of everything here, | 这是肯定的 只要你照顾好这里的一切 |
[15:21] | she will be free to focus on wrestling her new friends. | 她就有时间专注于交新朋友了 失败 |
[15:29] | You’re right! | 你说得对 |
[15:30] | Maybe I’ve been going about thisthe wrong way. | 也许我解决问题的方法一直是错误的 |
[15:32] | Maybe you and I can bothget what we want. | 也许我们都能获得自己想要的结果 |
[15:37] | Listen, I’m not gonna tell you where the phone is, | 我不会直说电话在哪里 |
[15:39] | but I willtell you | 但我会告诉你它藏在 |
[15:41] | it’s somewhere that rhymes with “coven.” | 和“烤香”音很像的地方 |
[15:46] | “Coven.” | 烤香 |
[15:48] | Oh! | |
[15:52] | Oven. It’s in the oven. I hid the phone in the oven. | “烤箱” 在烤箱里 我把电话藏在了烤箱里 |
[15:55] | [school bell rings] | 东奥兰多高中 |
[15:57] | [indistinct conversations] | |
[15:58] | Here’s my leave-of-absence paperwork for Cattleman’s. | 这是我向牛仔牧场牛排屋 请假的申请表 |
[16:01] | Dad said I should give it to you. | 爸爸说要我交给你 |
[16:02] | Do we have to do this here? | 我们一定要在这里做吗? |
[16:03] | I like to keep work and school separate. | 我喜欢把工作和学校的事情分开 |
[16:05] | Not you, too! | 你不是也来这套吧! |
[16:06] | Whoa! Easy, cowboy. | 放轻松 牛仔 |
[16:08] | Tell your old pal Trent what’s wrong. | 告诉你的老朋友特伦特 你怎么了 |
[16:09] | I asked my dad to respect my boundaries, | 我让我爸爸尊重我的个人界限 |
[16:11] | and now he’s being a tyrant. | 现在他成了一个独裁者 |
[16:12] | A tyrant? | 独裁者?这听起来不像是 |
[16:14] | That doesn’t sound like the Louis I know and love. | 我认识且喜欢的那个路易斯 |
[16:15] | Don’t take his side! | 别站在他那边! |
[16:16] | Oh, sorry. This is awkward for me. | 抱歉 对我来说有点棘手 |
[16:19] | I’m really good friends with you both. | 你们都是我的好朋友 |
[16:20] | You have to admit we wouldn’t be in this fight | 你必须要承认 如果不是他 给我特殊对待 |
[16:22] | if he didn’t lay on the special treatment so thick. | 我们也没必要在这里争吵 |
[16:25] | Eddie, you’re not the only one who gets special treatment. | 艾迪 你不是唯一一个 享受特殊对待的人 |
[16:27] | Remember when I made the honor roll | 还记得我上荣誉榜时 |
[16:29] | and he named that dessert after me? | 他以我的名字命名那道甜点吗? |
[16:31] | Trent-a-misu? Yeah. | 特伦特米苏?记得 |
[16:32] | And when Hector adopted that cat? | 还有赫克特收养那只猫的时候? |
[16:34] | ♪ Happy Meow Day to you♪ | 祝你养猫快乐! |
[16:37] | ♪ Happy Meow Day to you♪ | 祝你养猫快乐! |
[16:39] | I didn’t know you were in there! | 我都不知道你在里面! |
[16:42] | Your dad treats all his employees like family. | 你爸爸把我们当家人一样 |
[16:44] | I feel terrible. | 我感到很难过 |
[16:46] | I just got so self-conscious when Hector said, | 我感到很心虚 |
[16:48] | “Must be nice to be the boss’ son.” | 当赫克特说 “当老板的儿子一定很不错”时 |
[16:49] | Oh. He meant that literally. | 他是说真的 |
[16:51] | Don’t feel bad. | 别难过 |
[16:52] | Hector’s a puzzle I’ve been trying to solve for months. | 赫克特就像是我几个月来 一直在拼的拼图一样 |
[16:54] | Wow. And you’re really good at puzzles, too. | 而且你也很擅长拼图呢 |
[16:56] | I know! | 我知道 |
[16:57] | ♪ I like Angela, Pamela, Sandra, and Rita ♪ | |
[17:01] | ♪ And as I continue, you know they getting sweeter ♪ | |
[17:03] | ♪ So what can I do? I really beg you, my Lord ♪ | |
[17:06] | ♪ To me, flirting is just like a sport ♪ | |
[17:09] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西? |
[17:11] | MTV Beach House? | 音乐频道沙滩房? |
[17:14] | You guys know you can smoke in here, huh? | 嘿 你们知道这里可以抽烟吧 |
[17:18] | I don’t care. | 我反正不在乎 |
[17:19] | -I live in the garage! -[laughter] | 我住在车库 |
[17:21] | Jenny, I have told you a thousand times — | 洁妮!我跟你说了多少遍了 |
[17:23] | no parties! | 不许开派对! |
[17:24] | [speaking Chinese] | 扫兴女士回家了 你就是不想要我开开心呐! |
[17:30] | I’ll deal with you later. Where’s Evan? | 我稍后再处理你的问题 艾文在哪? |
[17:32] | EVAN: I’m over here. | 我在这里 |
[17:35] | [sighs] | |
[17:37] | Evan! | 艾文 |
[17:39] | You were supposed to be in charge. | 你应该掌控一切的 |
[17:40] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[17:42] | I tried to stop her, but I only have so much power. | 我试过要阻止奶奶 但是我能力有限 |
[17:45] | I’m just ViceMommy. | 我只是代班妈妈而已 |
[17:46] | Don’t you take that matronizing tone with me. | 你不要跟我用那种成熟的语气说话! |
[17:50] | Okay, party’s over! | 好的 |
[17:52] | Everybody out! | 派对结束!所有人出去! |
[17:54] | [people groaning] | |
[17:57] | Don’t make me call your kids! | 别逼我给你的孩子打电话 |
[17:59] | ♪ Jump up and down, move it all… ♪ | |
[18:02] | [triangle clanging] | |
[18:05] | Cattlemen and women, gather ’round! | 先生们女士们 大家都围过来 |
[18:08] | Eddie, I don’t remember giving you permission to ring Gertie. | 艾迪 我不记得你有摇铃的权利 |
[18:10] | It’ll be worth it. Trust me. | 这将是值得的 相信我 |
[18:12] | I’d like to start by saying | 我想先说 |
[18:14] | I had the Huangattitude about Employee of the Month. | 关于月度最佳员工 我有着黄家人的态度 |
[18:16] | “Huang” is a substitute for “wrong.” Nice wordplay. | 用黄代替“错误”文字游戏玩得不错 |
[18:19] | I would like to take this opportunity | 我想借此机会正式 |
[18:20] | to formally apologize to a special someone. | 向一位特殊的人道歉 |
[18:22] | If he was a city, he’d be St. Louis. | 如果用城市来说的话 他就是“圣路易斯” |
[18:25] | Is it me? | -是我吗? |
[18:26] | Where are you going with this, Eddie? | -你在做什么 艾迪? |
[18:27] | I’m sorry I was such a jerk before. | 对不起 我之前表现得那么混蛋 |
[18:29] | You’re not only the best dad in the world, | 你不只是世界上最好的爸爸 |
[18:31] | you’re also the best boss. | 还是最好的老板 |
[18:33] | [chuckles] | |
[18:34] | So, with your blessing, | 所以 在你的祝福下 |
[18:35] | I would like to re-accept Employee of the Month, | 我想重新接受“月度最佳员工”称号 |
[18:37] | but under one condition. | 但有一个条件 |
[18:40] | That you share it with me. | 你和我一起分享这个荣誉 |
[18:42] | [gasps] | |
[18:44] | I’d be honored. | 我的荣幸 |
[18:48] | [applause] | |
[18:50] | Sorry I went overboard with the baby pictures. | 对不起 用你婴儿时期的照片 是我做的不好 |
[18:53] | I’ve just really enjoyed you working here, | 我很享受你在这里工作 |
[18:55] | and I wanted to make sure you knew how I felt | 在你出发去台湾之前 |
[18:57] | before you left for Taiwan. | 想确保你知道我的感受 |
[18:59] | I alwaysknow how you feel, | 我一直知道您的感受 |
[19:00] | embarrassing special treatment or not. | 不管有没有令人尴尬的特殊对待 |
[19:02] | Well, shall we get back to it? | 唔 那我们回去工作吧? |
[19:04] | Sure, but I have one more favor. | 当然 但是我还有件事情需要帮忙 |
[19:05] | I know we’re at work, but can you put your dad hat | 我知道现在是工作时间 但是你能否戴上父亲的角色 |
[19:07] | back on long enough to give me advice about Tina? | 给我一点关于缇娜的建议呢? |
[19:09] | [sighs] | |
[19:11] | Find me on your break. | 休息时来找 |
[19:15] | This is what happens when I’m away? | 我不在时就发生这种事吗? |
[19:16] | Yes. | 没错!我想你还是退学赶快回家吧 |
[19:18] | I guess you should just quit nowand come back home. | |
[19:19] | You going back to school was a big mistake. | 你重返校园就是个错误 |
[19:21] | No, my big mistake was giving you too much responsibility! | 不 我最大的错误就是 给了你太多责任 |
[19:25] | Maybe I should put Emeryin charge. | 也许我应该让艾默利管家 |
[19:26] | -He can’t handle it! -I can’t handle it. | -他管不了 -我管不了 |
[19:28] | Hey, w-why not me? | 嘿 为什么不是我呢? |
[19:31] | [sighs] | |
[19:32] | It wasn’t too much for me. | 这对我来说不算什么 |
[19:34] | I let Grandma have the party on purpose. | 我故意让奶奶开派对的 |
[19:35] | What?! | 什么? |
[19:37] | What is going on with you? Why would you do that? | 你怎么了?你为什么要这么做? |
[19:39] | Because! | 因为你一直沉迷于学校 |
[19:41] | You were obsessed with school, not to mention Burt. | 现在又多了伯特 |
[19:43] | -Who’s Burt? -Not now! | -伯特是谁? -现在不适合说! |
[19:45] | A hot wrestler. | 一个性感摔跤手 |
[19:48] | [sighs] I thought I could handleyou going back to school, | 我以为我能接受你回学校 |
[19:50] | but I’m afraid I’m losing you. | 但是我害怕我会失去你 |
[19:53] | Evan, you’re not losing me. | 艾文 你不会失去我的 |
[19:57] | I know this is a big adjustment. | 我知道这个变动很大 |
[20:00] | You know, when youfirst started school, | 你知道 |
[20:01] | I was scared of losing you, too. | 当你刚开始上学时 我也怕失去你 |
[20:03] | -Really? -Yes. | -真的吗? |
[20:04] | And it was hard. | -真的 而且很难 |
[20:06] | But then I saw how great school was for you. | 但后来我看到了学校给你带来的好处 |
[20:08] | You were so happy. | 你如此开心 |
[20:10] | The classroom was my playground. | 教室就是我的游乐场 |
[20:11] | You came home every day with something new to tell me, | 你每天回到家都能告诉我一些新鲜事 |
[20:14] | and I need to make sure I can do the same. | 我需要确保我也能做到这一点 |
[20:16] | So Vice Mommy Reports are back on. | 因此 代班妈妈报告重出江湖 |
[20:20] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 |
[20:21] | -Deal? -Deal. | 成交吗? |
[20:23] | You hear that, you two? | 成交 |
[20:25] | Clean up this mess. | 你们俩听到了?清理这个烂摊子 |
[20:27] | [speaking Chinese] | 为什么是我们呢? |
[20:28] | You wanted this party so badly. | 是你想开派对 |
[20:30] | I’ll clean whatever. | 我来打扫 |
[20:31] | I’m just happy notto be in charge. | 我很高兴不用管家 |
[20:33] | You’ll be happy to know | 知道我帮助艾迪避免了一场打包灾难 |
[20:35] | that I helped Eddie avoid a packing disaster. | 你一定会很高兴的 |
[20:37] | He had all these cans in his suitcase. | 他的衣柜里堆满了罐头 |
[20:39] | I threw them all in the recycling | 我把它们都扔进了回收站 |
[20:41] | so he knew he had to pack for real. | 所以他就知道他必须要打包了 |
[20:42] | -I’ve taught you well. -Mm. | 名师出高徒 |
[20:48] | Tina, I’ll cut right to it. | 缇娜 |
[20:50] | I’m shipping out. | 我就开门见山吧 我快走了 |
[20:51] | Okay…? | 好的 |
[20:52] | I know we’ve been figuring out our relationship, | 我知道我们一直在努力 搞清楚我们之间的关系 |
[20:54] | but I’m here to tell you, I’m a one-woman man — | 但是我来是想告诉你 |
[20:57] | and that woman is you. | 我只钟情于一个女人 那就是你 |
[20:59] | I’m not gonna force your hand, | 我不会强迫你做任何决定 |
[21:00] | but I want you to know, | 只是想让你知道 |
[21:01] | while I’m away, I’ll be thinking of you. | 我离开时会一直想着你 |
[21:03] | And when I return, | 当我回来时 |
[21:04] | I want to take you out on a romantic date. | 我想跟你来一场浪漫的约会 |
[21:06] | I’m thinking… hot wings? | 我在想 热辣鸡翅? |
[21:09] | What do you say? | 怎么样? |
[21:11] | ♪♪ | |
[21:18] | Well? | 怎样? |
[21:21] | Your boy’s off the market! | 你的儿子不是单身狗了! |
[21:22] | [laughs] Yes! | 不错 |
[21:24] | That’s my employee! –Captions by VITAC– | 这才是我的好员工 |
[21:25] | [laughs] |