时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | What up, elders?! | 干什么呢 老年人们? |
[00:03] | Can’t believe in a couple hours, I’ll be in Taiwan. | 不敢相信 几个小时后我就在台湾了 |
[00:05] | Why are you dressed like a man | 你怎么穿得像在时代广场 |
[00:07] | who yells at women in Times Square? | 对女人们大喊大叫的男的? |
[00:09] | Oh, my fuzzy Kangol? | 你说我的绒毛袋鼠帽吗? |
[00:10] | Since I’m going on this cultural exchange, | 既然我要去参加这场文化交流了 |
[00:12] | I can switch my look without Trent clowning on me. | 那我就可以改变我的造型 特伦特也没法嘲笑我了 |
[00:14] | That boy hates change. | 那小子讨厌改变 |
[00:15] | Quick Taiwan question… | 台湾知识快速问答 |
[00:17] | Is the boys’ bathroom symbol the same? | 那里的男厕标志和我们这一样吗? |
[00:19] | I’m not going to answer that, but take a seat. | 我可不会回答这个问题 过来坐下 |
[00:21] | Now, since this is your first trip by yourself, | 既然这是你第一次独自旅行 |
[00:24] | your mother and I want you to be prepared. | 你妈妈和我希望你一切都准备好 |
[00:29] | That’s a lot of Taiwanese cash. | 这可是一大笔台币 |
[00:31] | Consider this your emergency fund. | 当作是你的应急基金 |
[00:33] | Please don’t use it to get into a Taipei disco. | 千万别用这些钱去台北的迪斯科舞厅 |
[00:34] | I want to be there for your first time. | 我想见证你第一次去舞厅 |
[00:36] | JESSICA: And just in case, | 还有 以防万一 |
[00:37] | we got you a pre-paid cellphone. | 我们给你买了一个预付费手机 |
[00:40] | It’s programmed with Big Auntie’s number in Taipei. | 里面存了台北大姨的电话号码 |
[00:42] | Sick! | 太酷了!我要像在度假的商人一样 |
[00:43] | I’m gonna wear this on my belt, like a vacationing businessman. | 把这个别在我的裤腰带上 |
[00:46] | Johnson, you better have a damn good reason | 约翰逊 |
[00:48] | for calling me in Cancún. | 你最好有充分的理由来解释 为什么打扰我在坎昆度假 |
[00:49] | This is not a joke! | 这不是在开玩笑 |
[00:50] | Do you know the number for 911 in Taiwan? | 你知道台湾的求救电话是什么吗? |
[00:53] | (chuckles softly) Uh… | |
[00:55] | It’s 119. | 是119 |
[00:57] | By the time you’ve figured that out, | 等你好不容易弄明白了 |
[00:59] | your stolen kidney | 你的肾已经被人偷走 |
[01:00] | has already been sewn inside a rich man’s son. | 缝进有钱人家的儿子身体里了 |
[01:02] | And last but not least… | 最后一点… |
[01:07] | Is this… for my butt? | 这是给我的屁股用的吗? |
[01:10] | It’s a neck pillow. | 这是颈枕 |
[01:11] | It’ll help you fall asleep on the plane | 帮助你在飞机上入睡 |
[01:13] | so you can avoid the deadly effects of jet lag. | 这样能帮你避免倒时差的痛苦 |
[01:15] | (scoffs) Deadly? | -真的痛苦? |
[01:16] | Deadly. | -非常痛苦 |
[01:17] | My first day in America, | 我到美国的第一天 |
[01:19] | I’m walking across the street, feeling good, | 我走在大街上 |
[01:21] | and then bam… jet lag. | 感觉很不错 然后… |
[01:23] | I get hit by a bus, and then I die. | 时差反应来了 我被公交车撞了 然后就死了 |
[01:25] | That sounds made up. | 听起来像编的 |
[01:26] | Some facts changed for dramatic effect. | 为了戏剧效果 有些事实得改编一下 |
[01:29] | All I’m saying is, immigrating here was hard. | 我想说的是 移民到这里非常不容易 |
[01:32] | I’m saving the real story for my memoir… Dark Waters. | 我要把真实的故事 留到我的回忆录《黑暗水域》里 |
[01:35] | EDDIE: Seriously, guys, relax. | 说真的 |
[01:37] | I can handle this trip. | 大家都放轻松 我能搞定这次旅行 |
[01:38] | Oh, I thought I could handle everything when I moved to America. | 当我搬到美国的时候 我也觉得自己能搞定一切 |
[01:41] | My first week here, | 在这儿的第一周 |
[01:42] | I was working as a seafood delivery guy… | 我找了一份送海鲜的工作 |
[01:44] | LOUIS: …when my mediocre English got me lost. | 结果我的蹩脚英语害我迷了路 |
[01:48] | ♪♪ | 死胡同 |
[01:51] | (siren wailing in distance) | |
[01:54] | (dramatic music plays) | |
[01:59] | Uh… | |
[02:00] | Uh, friendship gift crab? | 要来个象征友谊的螃蟹吗? |
[02:02] | (all grumbling) | 拜托 这种故事我已经听过无数次了 |
[02:05] | ♪♪ | |
[02:09] | Guys, I’ve heard these stories a million times. | |
[02:12] | We just want you to be careful. | 我们只是想让你当心点 |
[02:13] | When you’re in a new country | 当你到了一个新国家 |
[02:15] | and you don’t speak the language well | 而且还不怎么会说当地话 |
[02:16] | and you don’t have any money, it can be dangerous. | 身上又没有什么钱 真的会很危险 |
[02:18] | But I’ve been in Taiwan before, | 但是我以前去过台湾 |
[02:20] | and I’m not just a little kid anymore. | 我也不是一个小屁孩了 |
[02:21] | Trust me… I got this. | 相信我 |
[02:24] | (sighs) | 我能搞定 |
[02:25] | Johnson, I’m with my kids at the beach. | 约翰逊 |
[02:28] | This better be good. | 我正和我的孩子们在海滩上 |
[02:33] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 这通电话最好值得我接 |
[02:34] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[02:35] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know ♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[02:38] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 |
[02:39] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from ♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[02:42] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’ ♪ | 但我知道我将去何地 |
[02:43] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat ♪ | 《初来乍到》 |
[02:46] | (mid-tempo music plays) | 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[02:50] | (audience gasps) | |
[02:53] | (laughs) | |
[02:57] | I’ll remember this performance forever. | 我会永远记着这场表演 |
[03:02] | Amazing! | 太棒了!发个言吧!让我们听听! |
[03:03] | Speech! Let’s hear some words! | |
[03:07] | _ | 台湾文化交流活动的开幕式到此结束 |
[03:11] | _ | 为了让大家有沉浸式体验 |
[03:13] | _ | 我会只说台湾话 |
[03:17] | Kidding! I’ll be speaking English. | 开玩笑的!我会讲英语的啦 |
[03:20] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[03:21] | You’re not here to be challenged. | 你们到这儿来不是来接受挑战的 |
[03:22] | You’re here to have fun and learn about your heritage! | 而是来这儿开开心心 了解你们的文化传统的! |
[03:25] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[03:26] | (chuckles) | |
[03:28] | You’re hilarious, man. | 你太搞笑了 兄弟 |
[03:29] | Pete… Newark, New Jersey. | 我叫彼特 来自新泽西州纽瓦克 |
[03:31] | Eddie… Orlando. | 艾迪 从奥兰多来 |
[03:33] | You’re from Newark? Do you know Redman? | 你来自纽瓦克?你知道莱德曼吗? |
[03:35] | Comes to my dad’s sporting goods store all the time. | 经常到我爸的体育用品店里来 |
[03:38] | Dude goes through a lot of tents. | 那家伙看了不少的帐篷 |
[03:39] | – (chuckles) – What about you? | 那你呢?你有见过什么厉害人物吗? |
[03:41] | You meet anyone cool, like, uh, like Penny Hardaway? | 比如安芬尼哈达威? |
[03:43] | A few. | 有一些 |
[03:44] | Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, DMX, | 卡里姆阿布杜尔贾巴尔 |
[03:46] | Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis… | DMX、吉米法伦 |
[03:48] | (gasps) Billie Jean King. | 特里路易斯、比利简金 |
[03:49] | Damn! Oh, we gotta hang out. | 哇哦!我们应该一起玩玩 |
[03:51] | I need me some Terry Lewis stories. (chuckles) | 我需要一些有关特里路易斯的故事 |
[03:55] | Now, you all ready to do some traditional mountain paintings? | 现在你们准备好画传统山水画了吗? |
[04:01] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[04:02] | Let’s get some Boba Tea and go to the mall! | 让我们买点波霸奶茶 |
[04:04] | (cheers and applause) | 然后一起逛商场吧! |
[04:07] | LOUIS: What a beautiful day for a ride. | 真是个骑车的好天气 |
[04:09] | JESSICA: Isn’t this perfect? | 这真是完美 是吧? |
[04:10] | With Eddie gone, we can enjoy fun family activities | 艾迪走了 |
[04:13] | without any “Eddie surprises.” | 我们能享受家庭趣味活动 也不用担心发生任何“艾迪惊喜” |
[04:15] | “Surprises”?! Last time we went biking, he cut my brakes! | “惊喜”?上次我们一起骑车 |
[04:18] | (dramatic music plays, wheels squeaking) | 他剪断了我的车闸! |
[04:20] | EVAN: Tell my storyyyyyyyy! | 传扬我的英勇事迹! |
[04:23] | I made a whole list of things to do | 既然没有了艾迪 |
[04:26] | now that we are Eddie-free, | 我列了一张表 写下了我们可以一起做的事 |
[04:28] | including a daily bike ride. | 就包括每日自行车骑行 |
[04:30] | I think this time apart from him is gonna be good for us. | 我想这次跟他分开对我们都有好处 |
[04:32] | You know, us riding together like this | 你们知道吗 我们像这样一起骑车 |
[04:34] | reminds me of that scene in The Sound of Music. | 让我想起了《音乐之声》里的一幕 |
[04:36] | ♪ Doe, a deer, a female deer ♪ | “哆”是一只小母鹿 |
[04:40] | ♪ Ray, a drop of golden sun ♪ | “来”是金色阳光 |
[04:43] | ♪ Mi! ♪ | -“咪”… |
[04:45] | ♪ A name I call myself ♪ | -是称呼我自己 |
[04:47] | ♪ Fa! ♪ | -“发”… |
[04:48] | ♪ A long, long way to run ♪ | -是道阻且长 |
[04:50] | ♪ So! ♪ | -“唆”… |
[04:51] | ♪ A needle pulling thread ♪ | -是穿针引线 |
[04:53] | ♪ La! ♪ | -“拉” |
[04:54] | ALL: ♪ A note to follow so ♪ | -跟在“唆”后面 |
[04:56] | ♪ Ti! ♪ | -“西”… |
[04:57] | ALL: ♪ A drink with jam and bread ♪ | -面包配茶点 |
[04:59] | ♪ That will bring us back to doe, oh, oh, oh ♪ | 最后又回到“哆” |
[05:04] | Whoa! Check out that stand! | 哦哦哦 |
[05:07] | Oh! Look at that fanny pack shaped like a wiener dog! | 看看那个摊子! 看那个长得像腊肠狗的腰包! |
[05:10] | That’s so cute! | 太可爱了! |
[05:11] | I mean… cool. | 我意思是 |
[05:13] | Cool. I-I don’t say “cute.” | 很酷 我没说过“可爱” |
[05:14] | Nah, if it’s cute, say it’s cute. | 切 如果它可爱 就说它可爱啊 |
[05:15] | Like, uh, this foam cowboy hat with a built-in radio? | 这个内置收音机的泡沫牛仔帽 |
[05:18] | That’s pretty cute. | 就挺可爱的 |
[05:19] | EDDIE: (chuckles) I’m-a get that for my bro Emery. | 我要买给我的老弟艾默利 |
[05:21] | A Hello Kitty-themed Chinese yo-yo? | 凯蒂猫主题的空竹? |
[05:23] | EDDIE: Cute as hell! I’m-a get that for my moms. | 可爱死了 我要给我妈买一个 |
[05:25] | Now I need something for my dad. | 现在想想给我爸买点什么 |
[05:28] | That crab backpack! | 那个螃蟹背包 |
[05:29] | PETE: Don’t get me wrong… It’s cute and all, | 不要误会我 它是很可爱 |
[05:31] | but why would your dad want that? | 但是你爸爸为什么会想要那个? |
[05:33] | Oh, he told me this dumb story | 他总是说一个他和一些螃蟹的蠢故事 |
[05:34] | about him and some live crabs | |
[05:36] | to scare me about living in another country. | 为了让我害怕在另一个国家生活 |
[05:38] | That backpack will be a funny jab. | 那个背包刚好可以用来讽刺他 |
[05:39] | (chuckles) | |
[05:43] | PETE: Dance Dance Revolution Extreme?! | 《劲舞革命:极限》? |
[05:45] | We just got DDR in the U.S., | 美国才刚有《劲舞革命》 |
[05:47] | and they already have a sequel in Asia! | 亚洲就有升级版了 |
[05:49] | I hope you wore your loose-crotched pants, | 希望你穿了低裆裤 |
[05:51] | ’cause we about to go to work! | 因为我们马上要开始热舞了! |
[05:52] | EDDIE: Wait, hold up… Before we hop on, | 等等 |
[05:54] | I need to call my boy Trent… He’s obsessed with DDR. | 在我们跳之前 |
[05:57] | (telephone ringing) | 我得给我的小伙伴特伦特打个电话 他特别痴迷《劲舞革命》 |
[06:01] | (sighs) Hello? | 喂? |
[06:02] | Trent? You will not believe what I found in Taiwan. | 特伦特吗?你绝对想不到 我在台湾发现了什么 |
[06:04] | Eddie? It’s 1:00 in the morning. | 艾迪?现在可是凌晨一点 |
[06:06] | They have DDR Extreme! | 他们有《劲舞革命:极限》! |
[06:09] | DDRX?! | 《劲舞革命:极限》? |
[06:10] | Put the phone on the edge of the screen and let me listen to you dance. | 把电话放在屏幕边缘 |
[06:16] | ♪ DDR ♪ ♪ DDR ♪ | 我要听着你跳 |
[06:21] | Wonderful. | 太美妙了 |
[06:23] | (music continues) | |
[06:27] | PETE: Crap! | 完了! |
[06:28] | We were supposed to meet our group | 我们半小时前就该跟大部队 |
[06:30] | a half-hour ago by the bus! | 在大巴车上汇合了 |
[06:32] | Dude, it’s easy to get around Taiwan. | 老兄 |
[06:33] | We can just take the subway home… | 在台湾去哪里都很容易 我们可以坐地铁回去 |
[06:34] | After we finish another round of DDR. | 等我们再跳一轮《劲舞革命》 |
[06:36] | My hips just warmed up! | 我才刚开始热身! |
[06:38] | ANNOUNCER: We’re waiting for you! Are you ready? | 等待着你 |
[06:39] | (dance music plays) | 你准备好了吗? 特伦特 |
[06:43] | (snoring) | |
[06:46] | ♪♪ | |
[06:49] | Wow, Jessica. You broke out the fancy china. | 洁西卡 你把高档瓷器都拿出来了 |
[06:52] | I thought this only came out for weddings and funerals. | 我还以为这些只有婚礼和葬礼才会用 |
[06:54] | With Eddie gone, we can use the good stuff | 艾迪不在 |
[06:56] | without worrying about him breaking it. | 我们就能享受好东西 而不用担心被他弄碎 |
[06:58] | I know we have a funeral coming up, | 我知道我们有一场葬礼要准备 |
[07:00] | but I figured, why wait? | 但是我想了想 干嘛要等着呢? |
[07:02] | Whose funeral? | 谁的葬礼? |
[07:04] | No one’s. | 没有谁 |
[07:05] | Okay, come on, eat up! | 好了 快吃饭吧 |
[07:07] | There’s half a pork shoulder left. It’s the good half! | 还剩了半块肘子呢 还是好的那半! |
[07:10] | – I’m stuffed. – Me too. | -我吃饱了 |
[07:11] | Hmm. I cooked my usual portions. | -我也是 我做的是平常的份量 |
[07:14] | I guess with Eddie gone, we’ll just have more leftovers. | 好吧 我想艾迪走之后 我们会有更多的剩菜 |
[07:17] | This morning, I had my usual bowl of Lucky Charms, | 今天早上我像往常一样吃了碗麦片 |
[07:19] | and there were so many more marshmallows. | 里面的棉花糖比平时多好多 |
[07:21] | I haven’t seen a Shamrock Hat in years. | 我都好几年没见到三叶草帽子了 |
[07:24] | Ugh. He’d pick a marshmallow out | 他会挑出一个棉花糖 |
[07:25] | and say, “Top of the morning to you,” | 然后说 “祝你早上好” |
[07:27] | in that weird Irish accent that sounded like Dracula. | 用那种奇怪的爱尔兰口音 听起来就像德古拉 |
[07:30] | (as Dracula) “Top of the morning to you.” | “祝你早上好” |
[07:32] | Do any of you know what color boxers I’m wearing? | 你们有谁知道 我穿的是什么颜色的四角裤吗? |
[07:34] | No. Because Eddie’s not here to administer my daily pants-ing. | 没有 因为艾迪不在 没人管我每天穿什么内裤了 |
[07:37] | _ | 我和你一样 |
[07:39] | And look at our Costco bulk toilet paper pack. | 看看家里的“开市客”散装厕纸 |
[07:42] | ♪♪ | |
[07:43] | Barely a dent. | 几乎没动过 |
[07:45] | Hey, maybe we should call Eddie and see how he’s doing. | 也许我们该给艾迪打个电话 看看他过得怎么样? |
[07:47] | No! | 不要!如果他需要我们 |
[07:49] | If he needs us, he’ll call. | 他会打电话 |
[07:50] | But I miss him. Don’t you? | 但我想他了 |
[07:52] | No. | 你不想吗? 不想 |
[07:54] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[07:55] | We have plenty to talk about besides Eddie. | 除了艾迪 |
[07:58] | (sighs) | 我们还有一大堆可以聊的 |
[08:01] | GRANDMA: (sighs) | |
[08:07] | Isn’t the weather beautiful today? | 今天不是个好天气吗? |
[08:09] | – Sunny. – So sunny! | -阳光明媚 -太明媚了 |
[08:10] | Very sunny. | 非常明媚 |
[08:11] | (clears throat) | |
[08:14] | Back to this funeral… | 说回这个葬礼… |
[08:17] | (man speaking indistinctly over P.A.) | |
[08:20] | Oh, crap. I’m outta cash. | 完蛋 |
[08:21] | I just got carried away buying gifts. | 我钱花光了 我买礼物的时候太忘乎所以了 |
[08:23] | Can you cover me? I’ll get you back. | 你能借我点吗?我会还你的 |
[08:25] | I only had enough for one fare. | 我的钱只够买一张车票 |
[08:26] | Okay, we’ll figure out another way home. | 好吧 那我们想想其他方法回家吧 |
[08:28] | Sorry. I’m hopping on the next train. | 抱歉 我要坐下一班地铁 |
[08:30] | Connie Chung’s granddaughter’s in the program, | 宗毓华的孙女也在这个项目里 |
[08:32] | and if I don’t make a move at lunch, | 如果我不在午餐前采取行动的话 |
[08:34] | I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. | 我下半辈子都会都会后悔 |
[08:35] | Is she cute? | 她可爱吗? |
[08:38] | Breaking news… She real cute. | 爆炸新闻 |
[08:40] | Oh. (train wheels screeching) | 她可爱炸了 |
[08:43] | Oh, wait! Um, what’s the address to our dorm, again? | 等等 再跟我说一遍 我们的寝室地址在哪来着? |
[08:45] | 825 Lane 199, Xiazing Road. | 夏景路199弄825号 |
[08:49] | Uh, 825 21 J-Jump Street… | 跳跳街 21 825… |
[08:52] | Crap! | 完了! |
[08:53] | ♪♪ | |
[09:00] | ♪♪ | |
[09:05] | We’re okay, Crabby. | 我们会没事的 蟹蟹 |
[09:06] | I’ll just call Big Auntie, | 我给大姨打个电话 |
[09:07] | and she’ll come pick us up. | 她会来接我们的 |
[09:09] | ♪♪ | 剩余通话时间 |
[09:12] | Ugh! | 0分钟 |
[09:14] | I used all my minutes calling Trent! | 我把时间都用来给特伦特打电话了 |
[09:15] | (indistinct conversations, horns honking) | |
[09:20] | Excuse me. Want to buy this Garfield? | 你好 要买这只加菲猫吗? |
[09:23] | Hi! Meow-meow! You want to buy this cat? | 嗨 喵喵 你要买这只猫吗? |
[09:27] | I know there’s some Mandarin in me somewhere. Um… | 我体内肯定蕴含着一些普通话基因 |
[09:30] | _ | 猪肉! |
[09:33] | ♪♪ | 美国 你好 |
[09:37] | Yo-yo! | 空竹 |
[09:38] | Yo-yo! | 抖空竹 |
[09:40] | Yo-yo? | 要买空竹吗? |
[09:43] | Oh. | |
[09:44] | _ | 什么?他比你厉害呀 |
[09:48] | _ | 猪肉! |
[09:49] | ♪♪ | |
[09:51] | (sighs) | |
[09:56] | What’s wrong? Why is everybody so down? | 怎么了?大家怎么都这么低沉? |
[09:59] | I think we’re just a little sad because we miss Eddie. | 我想我们只是因为想艾迪了有点难过 |
[10:02] | He’s only been gone a few hours. | 他才离开了几个小时 |
[10:03] | _ | 几小时? |
[10:05] | _ | 这顿饭好像吃了好几天啦 |
[10:07] | LOUIS: Come on, Jessica. | |
[10:09] | You don’t miss him even just a little bit? | 好了 洁西卡 |
[10:11] | It’s okay to admit it if you do. | 你就一点都不想他? 承认想他也没什么 |
[10:13] | Do you miss breakfast? That was a few hours ago. | 你会想早餐吗?几个小时前才吃过 |
[10:16] | Even I have to admit, | 我也不得不承认 |
[10:18] | I miss Eddie’s great conversation skills. | 我想艾迪的聊天技巧了 |
[10:20] | This meal’s a dud because he’s gone. | 因为他走了 这顿饭吃起来索然无味 |
[10:22] | (scoffs) Eddie?! What… | 艾迪?艾迪怎么就成了聊天大师了? |
[10:24] | How is Eddie a great conversationalist? | |
[10:26] | He just keeps the chat flowing. | 他能让聊天一直继续 |
[10:28] | Like when someone’s telling a story, | 比如有人说了个故事 |
[10:29] | he asks smart questions | 他就会问一些很机智的问题 |
[10:30] | and brings other people into the dialogue. | 让其他人参与到对话之中 |
[10:32] | I can do that. Okay, somebody tell a story. | 我也能做到 好了 谁来说个故事 |
[10:35] | I’ll fill in for Eddie. | 我来代替艾迪 |
[10:36] | Okay. Well, a funny thing happened in gym class… | 体育课上发生了一件很有趣的事 |
[10:39] | – What was it? – I was just getting to that. | -什么事? -我正要说到 |
[10:42] | What day of the week was it? | 那天是星期几? |
[10:43] | – That’s irrelevant. – Emery, jump in. | 那不重要 艾默利 |
[10:45] | Do you think the day of the week is irrelevant? | 跟上我 你觉得那天是星期几不重要吗? |
[10:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:48] | (sighs) Louis, what about you? | 路易斯 |
[10:50] | Do you think the day of the week is irrelevant? | 你呢? 你也觉得那天是星期几不重要吗? |
[10:51] | I think you should let Evan finish his story first. | 我觉得你应该让艾文先说完故事 |
[10:54] | (sighs) Great point, Louis. | 有道理 路易斯 |
[10:55] | Evan, continue. | 艾文 继续说 |
[10:57] | So, the gym teacher’s wearing shorts… | 体育老师穿着短裤… |
[10:59] | Ho! An adult man in shorts! | 成年人穿短裤 |
[11:02] | Jenny, isn’t that ridiculous? | 洁妮 这不荒唐吗? |
[11:04] | I am uncomfortable. | 我很不舒服 |
[11:06] | Louis, make a joke about your mother’s discomfort. | 路易斯 |
[11:08] | Oh. Um… | 拿你妈不舒服的事开个玩笑 |
[11:09] | Not as uncomfortable | 我们必须听你唱京剧的时候 |
[11:11] | as when we have to hear you sing Peking opera. (chuckles nervously) | 可比这难受多了 |
[11:13] | How dare you! | 你怎么敢 |
[11:15] | Aw, geez. The wheels are really coming off this meal. | 天啊 这顿饭吃得人心涣散了 |
[11:17] | But everybody is talking, and the energy is way up. | 但是大家都在聊天 能量爆棚 |
[11:20] | LOUIS: Jessica, you have to admit, | 洁西卡 你得承认 |
[11:22] | it’s just not the same without Eddie. | 没有艾迪在 一切都不一样了 |
[11:23] | I agree. | 我认同 |
[11:24] | It’s better. | 变得更好了 |
[11:26] | You’re just romanticizing him because he’s gone. | 你只是因为他不在 就开始美化他了 |
[11:28] | You did the exact same thing with Grandma’s bird. | 你对奶奶的鸟也做了同样的事情 |
[11:31] | (deep voice) “Gigi was so funny. | “吉吉太逗了 |
[11:33] | I wish Gigi was here.” | 真希望吉吉还在” |
[11:35] | (normal voice) You forgot that Gigi ate all our Band-Aids | 你忘了吉吉吃了我们所有的创可贴 |
[11:37] | and nested in the VCR. | 还在录影机里筑巢的事了 |
[11:39] | That doesn’t sound like Gigi. | 听起来不像吉吉做的事 |
[11:41] | She pecked you in the face, Louis. | 它啄了你的脸 路易斯 |
[11:42] | W… That was a kiss! | 那是在亲我! |
[11:45] | ♪♪ | |
[11:48] | _ | 下一站 夏景路 |
[11:51] | Xiazing Road? I’m only one stop away! | 夏景路?还有一站就到了 |
[11:53] | ♪♪ | |
[12:00] | (snoring) | |
[12:02] | _ | 终点站 |
[12:04] | What’s happening? | -发生什么了? |
[12:05] | End of the line. Get off. | -这是终点站了 快下车 |
[12:07] | Are we at Xiazing Road? | 我们是在夏景路吗? |
[12:08] | That was 15 stops ago. | 那已经是15站之前了 |
[12:11] | Where are my bags?! | 我的包在哪里? |
[12:12] | Dang. | 糟了 |
[12:14] | Jet lag is real. | 时差是真的 |
[12:15] | Did you see that huge mustache | 你看见刚过去的 |
[12:17] | on the hot dog guy we just passed? | 那个热狗男的大胡子了吗? |
[12:19] | Bet Eddie would’ve zinged him good. | 我打赌艾迪一定会用这个开个好玩笑 |
[12:20] | LOUIS: Yeah, something clever like, | 是啊 比如 |
[12:22] | “Hey, you got a caterpillar under your nose.” | “嗨 你的鼻子下有个毛毛虫” |
[12:24] | No. Not like that. | 不 他不会那样说 |
[12:25] | Since you all miss Eddie so much | 既然你们都这么想念艾迪 |
[12:28] | I thought I would do something for you. | 我觉得我应该为你们做点什么 |
[12:29] | What do you mean? | -什么意思? -哦 不 |
[12:30] | Oh, no! Big turn coming up! Better slow down! | 前方大转弯 |
[12:33] | – (brakes clack) – (gasps) | 最好减速了 |
[12:35] | – My brakes don’t work! – Mine either! | 我的刹车失灵了! 我的也是! |
[12:37] | Oh, no! It’s happening again! | 哦不 又来了! |
[12:39] | EMERY: How do I stop this thing?! | 我要怎么停下来? |
[12:41] | As you can see, I have clipped your brakes. | 如你们所见 我把你们的车闸剪了 |
[12:43] | You all miss Eddie so much? | 你们都这么想艾迪 |
[12:45] | Here’s a reminder of what you’re actually missing! | 这就是提醒你们 你们在想的到底是什么! |
[12:48] | EVAN: Aim for the lily pads! | 朝着睡莲骑! |
[12:49] | (bicycle bell rings) | |
[12:51] | I’m sorry, Crabby. | 对不起 蟹蟹 |
[12:52] | Don’t worry. We’ll find a way home. | 别担心 |
[12:54] | (speaks Chinese) | 我会找到回去的路 |
[12:59] | (distorted speaking, dramatic music plays) | |
[13:01] | (distorted speaking continues) | |
[13:05] | (distorted laughter) | |
[13:09] | Guys, let’s be friends. | 伙计们 我们做朋友吧 |
[13:12] | Um… do you like comedy? | 你们喜欢喜剧吗? |
[13:14] | I-I can do a really good leprechaun impression. | 我模仿小精灵特别像 |
[13:17] | (Irish accent) “Me gold’s at the end of the rainbow!” | “我在彩虹深处冒着金色光芒!” |
[13:21] | _ | 你的背包 给我 |
[13:23] | _ | 快点啦! |
[13:25] | No, please. | 求你了 |
[13:26] | It’s the only thing I have left. | 不要 这是我剩下的唯一一件东西了 |
[13:27] | Hey, don’t worry! I’ll get these guys off your back. | 别担心 我会把这些人打发走的 |
[13:29] | Whoa. I can understand Mandarin. | 我能听懂普通话了 |
[13:32] | Immersion is the key. | 沉浸才是关键 |
[13:33] | – I’m speaking English. – Oh. | 我在讲英语 |
[13:35] | Hey. | |
[13:36] | _ | 我看你们一定饿了吧 这样子 不要理这个孩子 |
[13:39] | _ | 我送你们一碗台北最好吃的牛肉面 |
[13:43] | – (shouts angrily) – (gasps, groans) (clatter, thud) | 怎么样啊 |
[13:47] | Fine. Just take it. | 好吧 |
[13:49] | (all gasp) | 拿走吧 |
[13:51] | _ | 他是从一个中国篮球城 |
[13:53] | _ | 逃出来的巨人 |
[13:55] | (engines rev) | |
[13:57] | ♪♪ | |
[13:59] | So, I hope you all learned a valuable lesson today. | 我希望你们今天都学习了宝贵的一课 |
[14:02] | Lesson? What lesson? | 课?什么课?你剪了我们的车闸 |
[14:03] | You cut our brakes, and we fell into a lake! | 我们全都掉进湖里了 |
[14:05] | Because you needed to be reminded | 因为你们需要被提醒一下 |
[14:07] | of the annoying things Eddie did! | 艾迪做过的讨人厌的事 |
[14:09] | (sighs) Yeah, Eddie’s a handful, | 行吧 |
[14:11] | but he also adds so much. | 艾迪是很烦人 但是他也带来了很多快乐 |
[14:12] | Why won’t you acknowledge that? | 你为什么不愿意承认呢? |
[14:14] | There’s nothing to acknowledge. | 没什么要承认的 |
[14:16] | But I do have something for you to think about. | 但我确实需要你们思考一件事 |
[14:18] | While you’re wasting your time missing Eddie, | 你们在浪费时间想念艾迪的时候 |
[14:20] | he isn’t missing you. | 他可没有在想着你们 |
[14:21] | How would you even know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[14:23] | Because he hasn’t called us yet! | 因为他至今都没给我们打过电话 |
[14:25] | If he cared, he would call! | 如果他在意的话 他会打电话的 |
[14:27] | Jessica. | 洁西卡… |
[14:30] | Is Mom okay? | 妈妈还好吗? |
[14:32] | _ | 我们都有不同的方式表现我们的感情 |
[14:36] | _ | 当《干杯酒吧》停播的时候 我很难过 |
[14:40] | _ | 但是我没有表现出来 |
[14:42] | _ | 我只是去做了这个 |
[14:44] | ♪♪ | 记在我的账上! |
[14:47] | Holy moly! | 我的天呐! |
[14:50] | Your Grandma’s weird example is right. | 你们奶奶的怪异例子是对的 |
[14:53] | Your mom misses Eddie, and she’s expressing it | 你们妈妈很想艾迪 |
[14:55] | as hostility towards us and our bicycles. | 她只是表现成对我们和自行车的敌意 |
[14:58] | We have to do something to help her get her feelings out… | 我们得做点什么帮她把情绪释放出来 |
[15:00] | For her sake and for ours. | 为了她好也是为了我们好 |
[15:03] | _ | 我想让大家看看 我那个克利夫克拉文的纹身… |
[15:07] | _ | 但是纹在我的胸前 |
[15:10] | – No. – No, thanks. | -不用了 -不用了 谢谢 |
[15:11] | – Yeah. – I’m good, thanks. | 我也不用了谢谢 |
[15:15] | Thanks again for trying to help. | 谢谢你试着帮助我 |
[15:17] | What are you doing in this part of town? | 你在城里这块地方做什么? |
[15:18] | This isn’t a tourist area. | 这又不是旅游区 |
[15:20] | I got separated from my cultural exchange group, | 我和我的文化交流小组走散了 |
[15:22] | and then I blew all my money on gifts, | 买礼物又花光了所有的钱 |
[15:24] | and then I lost those gifts, | 还丢了那些礼物 |
[15:26] | then my ass got lost, too. | 然后我人也丢了 |
[15:27] | Rough. | 挺惨的 |
[15:28] | Do you have a phone I can use? | 你有电话可以给我用下吗? |
[15:30] | I need to call my Big Auntie so she can come pick me up. | 我需要给我的大姨打个电话 让她过来接我 |
[15:32] | Yeah, I have a phone at my home. | 有 |
[15:33] | But I have to finish my route first. | 我家里有电话 但我得先做完事 |
[15:35] | Hey, why don’t you help me out for the day? | 你今天不如来帮我的忙吧? |
[15:37] | And then when we’re done, you can use my phone. | 等做完了 你就能用我的电话了 |
[15:39] | How are you with a knife? | 你刀用得怎么样? |
[15:41] | Not as good as I am with a spoon! | 不如我勺子用得好 |
[15:43] | ♪♪ | |
[15:45] | (door opens) | |
[15:47] | LOUIS: Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[15:48] | Follow my lead. | 跟着我 |
[15:51] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在做什么? |
[15:52] | Drawing portraits of your favorite times with Eddie | 画出你们和艾迪的最好时刻 |
[15:54] | and then kissing them? | 然后亲吻它们? |
[15:55] | That’s not a bad idea. | 不是个坏主意 |
[15:56] | But no. Take a seat. | 不过不是 你先坐下 |
[16:00] | I picked up some “Missing You” greeting cards | 我选了一些“想念你”贺卡寄给艾迪 |
[16:02] | to send to Eddie. | |
[16:03] | I thought you might like to sign them. | 我想你应该会想一起签个名 |
[16:04] | You want me to perjure myself in print? | 你想让我写假话?我不想艾迪 |
[16:06] | I don’t miss Eddie. | |
[16:08] | If one of you committed a murder, | 如果你们当中有人杀了人 |
[16:09] | I wouldn’t take the bloody knife | 我可不会拿着血淋淋的刀 |
[16:11] | and wipe it all over my body so we can both take the fall. | 抹遍我的全身 这样我们就能一起担责了 |
[16:14] | I don’t think that’s what we’re… | 我觉得那不是我们要做的 |
[16:15] | You want me to drive to the store in my bloody blouse, | 你想让我穿着带血的衬衫开车去商店 |
[16:18] | make memorable small talk with the cashier, | 跟收银员来一次难忘的对话 |
[16:21] | and then, when I go to write the check, | 然后 当我去写支票的时候 |
[16:23] | accidentally pull out the knife instead of my pen? | 不小心拿出来刀子而不是笔吗? |
[16:27] | No. No way. | 不 不可能 |
[16:28] | You wouldn’t be perjuring yourself, | 你就不要说假话了 |
[16:30] | because you actually do miss Eddie. | 因为你实际上很想艾迪 |
[16:32] | I don’t miss people. | 我不会想别人 |
[16:33] | People are either here or they’re not here. | 人要不就在这里 要不就在其他地方 |
[16:37] | “Missing” is just something that happens | “想念”这样的词 |
[16:39] | in Mariah Carey songs. | 只会出现在玛丽亚凯莉的歌里 |
[16:41] | Just take a look at the cards | 你就看一眼这些卡片 |
[16:42] | and see if you feel differently. | 看看会不会感觉不一样 |
[16:43] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[16:46] | (sighs) | |
[16:49] | “There’s a pit in my stomach because I miss you.” | “因为想你 我的胸口很难受” |
[16:52] | Clever. | 很好 |
[16:57] | “Even though you’re far away, | “即便你在远方 |
[17:00] | I think about you night and day.” | 我也日夜思念你” |
[17:06] | Poignant. | 让人心酸 |
[17:12] | “You can’t tell on my face that I’m sad, | “在我的脸上你看不出伤感 |
[17:14] | (voice breaking) but I miss you.” | 但我想你” |
[17:19] | (sniffles) Okay, fine! | 好了行吧 |
[17:21] | I miss Eddie! | 我想艾迪了! |
[17:22] | I’m just like this loose-skinned dog. | 我就像这只皮肤松松垮垮的狗 |
[17:25] | The house just isn’t the same without him. | 他不在 这个家感觉都不一样了 |
[17:27] | Why won’t he call? | 他为什么不打电话? |
[17:30] | I just want him to call. | 我只想要他打个电话过来 |
[17:31] | LOUIS: This is hard. | 虽然很不容易 |
[17:33] | But it’s good that you’re letting it out. | 但是你这样发泄出来是很好的 |
[17:35] | Talking about Eddie will at least make him here with us in spirit. | 说一说艾迪 至少能让他精神上和我们同在 |
[17:38] | That’s so cheesy, Louis. But you’re right. | 这太矫情了 路易斯 |
[17:41] | Ugh! Why are cheesy things right?! | 但你是对的 为什么矫情的事偏偏是正确的? |
[17:44] | Are Mariah Carey songs built upon the truth? | 难道玛丽亚凯莉的歌 是根据事实写的吗? |
[17:47] | Is she the greatest artist in all of music history? | 难道她是音乐史上最伟大的歌手吗? |
[17:50] | This is a lot to process. | 太多事需要消化了 |
[17:52] | It’s good that you learn to be without Eddie, | 你能学着习惯没有艾迪的生活是好的 |
[17:54] | because in two years, he’ll be gone forever. | 因为两年后 他就彻底离开这个家了 |
[17:57] | – (exhales shakily) – Ma, unhelpful. | 妈 你在帮倒忙 |
[17:59] | Then you will have to do it with these two. | 之后就会轮到这两个小孩 |
[18:01] | Ma! | 妈! |
[18:02] | I thought we were supposed to talk about things. | 我以为我们就是要说开这些事情 |
[18:05] | ♪♪ | |
[18:09] | Damn, that was hard work. | 天 今天可真辛苦 |
[18:10] | Hell of a sweat ring you got going. | 你可真是汗如雨下 |
[18:12] | (chuckles) | |
[18:13] | WILLIE: Yep, that’s a lot of work, | 是啊 干了那么多活 |
[18:15] | but I almost saved up enough | 但我很快就能存够钱 |
[18:16] | to open a restaurant of my own down the block. | 在街角开一家我自己的餐厅了 |
[18:18] | Better and easier idea… Just bring your food to Orlando. | 我有一个更好更轻松的主意 把你的食物带去奥兰多 |
[18:21] | Your noodles are better than anything we have in the States. | 你的面条比我们在美国吃的都好吃 |
[18:23] | You’d make a killing. | -你肯定会赚翻的 -艾迪 |
[18:24] | Eddie, come on. It’s not that easy. | 拜托 没有那么容易 |
[18:26] | EDDIE: Sure it is. | 当然了 |
[18:27] | My dad has a restaurant, | 我爸爸也开了一家餐厅 |
[18:28] | and he’d totally give you advice. | 他肯定愿意给你一些建议 |
[18:30] | Wait. Your dad owns a successful restaurant in America? | 等等 你爸爸在美国 有一家很成功的餐厅? |
[18:33] | It’s won a couple regional awards. | 得过几个地区性的奖项 |
[18:35] | You know, a Palmy, a Pruny… | 比如棕榈奖、梅子奖… |
[18:37] | Man. | 我三年前移民到了美国 |
[18:38] | I immigrated to the U.S. three years ago. I stayed with my cousins in Nevada, | 和我的表亲们一起住在内华达州 |
[18:42] | and we tried to open up a shop. | 我们尝试开过店 |
[18:44] | It bombed. | 最后却惨淡收场 |
[18:45] | People were like, “Why is my spaghetti in soup?” | 人们还问 “为什么把我的意面放在汤里” |
[18:47] | Fools. | 傻瓜们 |
[18:49] | Succeeding the way your parents did is very hard. | 像你爸妈那样成功非常不容易 |
[18:51] | Didn’t they tell you? | 他们没有跟你说过吗? |
[18:53] | They did, but I thought | 说过 |
[18:54] | they were just doing that “back in my day” thing. | 但是我以为 他们只是在夸大自己以前的事迹 |
[18:55] | You know, “Back in my day, there was no hand sanitizer. | “我生活的年代里是没有洗手液的” |
[18:58] | We just boiled our hands.” | “我们只能用开水洗手消毒” |
[19:00] | Dude! | 老弟 |
[19:01] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[19:02] | You come here on a cultural exchange, | 你来这里是为了体验文化交流 |
[19:04] | which is the most sheltered version of visiting a country, | 这是最有保障的出国游玩方式了 |
[19:07] | and you end up broke, lost, | 但是你却落得身无分文、迷路 |
[19:09] | and clutching a crab backpack for comfort. ♪♪ | 只能抱着螃蟹背包寻求慰藉 |
[19:13] | It’s no joke what your parents pulled off. | 你父母的成就可不是开玩笑的 |
[19:15] | ♪♪ | |
[19:19] | Anyway… | 不管怎么样 |
[19:20] | you should call your Big Auntie. | 你该给你的大姨打个电话了 -喂? |
[19:22] | ♪♪ | -嗨 |
[19:27] | (telephone ringing) | 妈妈! 艾迪! |
[19:30] | – (telephone beeps) – Hello? | |
[19:31] | – Hey, Mom. – Eddie! | |
[19:34] | I’m… somewhat excited you called. | 你打电话过来 我还挺兴奋的 |
[19:36] | I’m like a 5 on a scale of 10 in excitement. | 兴奋程度的话 十分制能有五分吧 |
[19:39] | – (telephone beeps) – No, we’re at a 10. | 假的 我们十分兴奋 |
[19:40] | – How’s it going out there? – EDDIE: Hey, Dad. | 那边一切怎么样? 嗨 爸爸! |
[19:42] | Let’s just say it’s more than I ever expected. | 就这么说吧 超乎我的想象 |
[19:44] | You went clubbing, didn’t you? | 你去泡吧了吧? |
[19:45] | Did you go to Diablo Yang’s? | 你去了大魔王杨的酒吧吗? |
[19:47] | Anything goes on that dance floor. | 那里的舞池有没有什么变化 |
[19:49] | I’m pretty sure that’s a library now. | 我很肯定那里已经变成图书馆了 |
[19:50] | Oh, what a waste. | 真是浪费 |
[19:51] | EDDIE: Anyway, I’m just calling to tell you guys I’m sorry. | 总之 我就是打电话过来道个歉 |
[19:53] | I should’ve respected your advice. | 我应该尊重你们的建议的 |
[19:56] | Who is this? | 你到底是不是艾迪? |
[19:57] | No, I’m serious, Mom. | 不 我是认真的 妈妈 |
[19:59] | I’ve got next-level respect | 我对你们作为移民 |
[20:00] | for your struggle as immigrants to America. | 在美国的奋斗抱有更高的敬意了 |
[20:02] | Hmm. | 这对我们来说意义重大 |
[20:03] | That means a lot, son. | 儿子 |
[20:04] | Wait. Why do you have a newfound respect? | 等等 |
[20:06] | Are you in trouble? | 你怎么突然对我们刮目相看了 你有麻烦了吗? |
[20:07] | (chuckles) No, I’m fine. | 没有 |
[20:09] | I made some cool-ass friends here, | 我很好 我在这里认识了一些很酷的朋友 |
[20:10] | including this one guy named Willie. | 包括这个叫威利的老兄 |
[20:12] | He makes the best noodles. | 他做的面条可好吃了 |
[20:14] | Wait, wait. Are you calling your parents? | 等等 你是在给你爸妈打电话吗? |
[20:15] | WILLIE: That’s long-distance, man! | 那可是国际长途!你在干什么? |
[20:17] | What are you doing?! | |
[20:18] | We spent hours on a kissable drawing to cheer Mommy up, | 为了哄老妈开心 我们花了几个小时 画了这幅美到让人想吻的画 |
[20:20] | and just when we’re about to show it to her, | 我们正要拿给她看的时候 |
[20:22] | Eddie calls and ruins it. | 艾迪打电话过来毁了一切 |
[20:23] | Classic Eddie… Such a wild card. | 经典的艾迪行为 |
[20:25] | (sighs) | 不按常理出牌 |
[20:26] | God, I’ve missed him. | 天啊 |
[20:28] | ♪♪ | 我好想他 |
[20:29] | – EMERY: Hey, Eddie! – Guess what. | 嗨 艾迪! |
[20:31] | Grandma has tattoos of the cast of “Cheers.” | 你猜怎么着?奶奶 把《干杯酒吧》里的演员纹到身上了 |
[20:33] | Rhea Perlman is on her lower back. | 雷亚普尔曼纹在背部下面 |
[20:36] | (laughter) | |
[20:38] | So, what else is going on? | 还发生什么了? |
[20:39] | EDDIE: (speaking indistinctly) | |
[20:41] | (laughter) | |
[20:42] | ♪♪ | |
[20:46] | I’ll go first. Here’s my Eddie. | 我先来吧 这是我模仿的艾迪 |
[20:48] | (deep voice) Yo, I listened to this one rapper, | 哟 |
[20:50] | and he’s my favorite. | 我听了这个饶舌歌手的歌 他是我的最爱 |
[20:52] | And then I listened to this other rapper, | 然后我又听了其他歌手的歌 |
[20:53] | and he’s just as good. | 他们也很棒 |
[20:54] | What do I do?! (laughter) | 我该怎么办? |
[20:57] | (deep voice) Yo, Pops, I got a new dish you gotta put on the menu. | 哟 爸 我做了道新菜 你一定要加到菜单里 |
[21:00] | It’s cheese, cantaloupe, salmon, pecans, | 有芝士、哈密瓜、三文鱼、山核桃 |
[21:02] | horseradish, and Thousand Island | 辣根还有千岛酱 |
[21:04] | blended and served in a basketball shoe. | 用篮球鞋装盘上菜 |
[21:06] | Also, I need Friday off. | 还有 |
[21:08] | (laughter) | 我周五要请个假 |
[21:09] | I say words too | I say words too fast. |
[21:10] | What am I saying? I say words too fast. | fast. 我说话太快了 我说话太快了 我在说什么?我说话太快了! |
[21:11] | I say words too | I say words too fast. |
[21:13] | What am I saying? I say words too fast. | fast. 我说话太快了 我说话太快了 我在说什么?我说话太快了! |
[21:14] | It almost feels like he’s here. | 就好像他在这里一样 |
[21:16] | Hi, Eddie. How are you today? | 嗨 艾迪 今天怎么样? |
[21:18] | (deep voice) Frustrated. | 很烦恼 |
[21:20] | I feel like Mom’s controlling everything I do! (laughter) | 我做什么我妈都要管 |