时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | [Door closes] | |
[00:03] | Ooh! | |
[00:04] | Getting a jump on the Halloween decorations? | 这么早就准备好万圣节装饰了? |
[00:06] | The ‘ween dec. [Chuckles] | “圣装” |
[00:08] | Never. This is from the window display of my novel, | 不是 这是我小说的橱窗展示 |
[00:11] | “A Case of a Knife to the Brain.” | 《颅上刀案》 |
[00:13] | Mm. | |
[00:14] | You know, we never did do that book tour across America. | 你知道 我们还没环游过美国 |
[00:17] | We should do a road trip when Eddie gets back. | 等艾迪回来了我们应该搞个公路旅行 |
[00:20] | We haven’t done one since we moved down here. | 搬来以后就再没进行过了 |
[00:22] | ♪ I saw the sign ♪ | 我看到迹象 |
[00:24] | ♪ And it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign ♪ | 开拓了我的视野 我看到迹象 |
[00:27] | I’m fine if that was the last one. | 再也不去了 |
[00:29] | – [Computer chimes] – EVAN: Hey! | 我也没意见 |
[00:30] | Eddie sent us an e-mail from Taiwan! | 艾迪从台湾给我们发来了邮件! |
[00:32] | From an Internet café. | 从网吧发的呢 |
[00:35] | Oh, man, those babies are the future. | 网吧是未来趋势 |
[00:37] | I bet 10 years from now, | 我敢打赌 |
[00:38] | there’s two of them for every Blockbuster. | 十年后 每家百视达影碟店旁都会有两个网吧 |
[00:40] | Print the e-mail so we can read it. | 把邮件打出来 我们好读 |
[00:42] | [Printer whirring] | |
[00:43] | _ | 11分钟后 |
[00:46] | Here it comes. | 出来了 |
[00:49] | [Whirring slows] | |
[00:51] | “What up, other Huangs. | “近来如何 家人们 |
[00:54] | Taiwan is do-ope. | “台湾太赞了 |
[00:56] | All the unique customs…” | “那些独特的风俗 |
[01:01] | “…the Qing dynasty architecture…” | “清朝的建筑 |
[01:03] | [Camera shutters clicking] | |
[01:04] | “…enchanting.” [Snores] | “迷人极了 |
[01:06] | “And don’t worry. I’m playing things safe and smart.” | “不用担心 我既谨慎又聪明 |
[01:09] | I got this, chief. ♪♪ | 我会 |
[01:10] | [Engine revs] | |
[01:16] | Unh! Ugh! Uggh! | 大哥 |
[01:20] | “See you in a few weeks. Peace out.” | “过几个礼拜见 拜拜” |
[01:22] | And then he drew a skull out of commas and semicolons. | 然后他用逗号和分好画了个骷髅 |
[01:25] | It’s quite good. | 还真不错 |
[01:26] | Eddie’s really getting our money’s worth | 花钱让艾迪去文化交流一趟还真挺值 |
[01:28] | out of cultural exchange. | |
[01:29] | I can’t wait till I get to go. | 我都等不及去了 |
[01:31] | He had me at “Qing dynasty architecture.” | 清朝建筑的问题还真把我难住了 |
[01:33] | I’m gonna go hit the Brittanicas. | 我要去查查《大英百科全书》 |
[01:34] | [Chuckles] | |
[01:36] | We raised some good kids. | -多好的孩子们啊 -多好啊 |
[01:38] | We have. | 华盛顿特区 1995年 |
[01:42] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:43] | ♪ I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go ♪ | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:45] | ♪ If you don’t know, homey, now you know ♪ | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:47] | ♪ Fresh off the boat ♪ | 初来乍到 |
[01:48] | ♪ Homey, you don’t know where I come from ♪ | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:51] | ♪ But I know where I’m goin’ ♪ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:52] | ♪ I’m fresh off the boat ♪ | 《初来乍到》 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:56] | [Sighs] [Door closes] | |
[01:58] | Hey, Emery. What’s wrong? | 诶艾默利 怎么啦? |
[02:00] | Too many girlfriends? [Chuckles] They love him. | 女朋友太多了吧?人见人爱啊 |
[02:03] | I got reprimanded at school for academic dishonesty. | 我因为学术不诚实在学校被骂了 |
[02:06] | What?! | 什么? |
[02:07] | Remember that video essay | 还记得我跟外婆 |
[02:08] | I did with Grandma for Social Studies? | 做的社会调查的视频吗? |
[02:10] | Well, her language was a little salty, | 那个 她讲话略有不雅 |
[02:13] | so I had to do some editing. | 我就做了点剪辑 |
[02:14] | My first boyfriend was a bricklayer from Malaysia. | 我第一任男朋友 是马来西亚来的搬砖的 |
[02:18] | He’s got strong thighs, | 他的大腿特别强壮 |
[02:21] | and then we used to stay up all night long… | 那时候我们经常整晚一起 |
[02:24] | EMERY: Cross-country skiing. | 越野滑雪 |
[02:26] | [Panting] | |
[02:31] | I got caught, | 我就被发现了 |
[02:32] | and Principal Hunter’s making me redo the project. | 然后亨特校长让我重做一遍 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry I got in trouble. | 真不好意思 我惹麻烦了 |
[02:35] | Don’t apologize! | 别道歉 |
[02:37] | It’s Grandma’s fault. | 都怪外婆 |
[02:38] | When you’re near the end, anything goes. | 人快没了 什么事都做得出来 |
[02:43] | You know, if this is “trouble,” | 你知道吧 |
[02:45] | we’ve raised some pretty good kids. | 如果这也算得上“麻烦” 我们真是有一群好孩子 |
[02:46] | [Chuckles] You know what? We really have. | 说真的 真是好孩子 |
[02:48] | Even Eddie. | 就连艾迪也是 |
[02:49] | I thought he was our throwaway, | 我本以为他没救了 |
[02:51] | but he’s really matured. | 但他真的成熟了 |
[02:53] | [Farting noises] | |
[02:54] | See, the key is to lick your palms. | 看见没 关键就是要舔手掌 |
[02:59] | Quick pit stop for gas, | 车停下加个油 |
[03:00] | then we hit the street market for lunch. | 我们中午就在路边吃点 |
[03:02] | Hey, Wendy’s! Let’s go there for lunch. | 看 |
[03:04] | [Chuckles] We’re not eating American garbage food. | 有家温蒂汉堡!去那边吃吧 我们是不会吃美式垃圾食品的 |
[03:07] | [Bus door opens, closes] | |
[03:09] | [Chuckles lightly] | |
[03:12] | I’m getting that cheeseburger. | 我就要吃芝士汉堡 |
[03:15] | [Horns blaring, indistinct talking] | |
[03:20] | [Sighs] What is it with the vehicles here? ♪♪ | 这里车都是怎么开的? |
[03:25] | [Air rushing] | |
[03:26] | Just giving myself a celebratory blow. | 我在给自己庆功呢 |
[03:29] | [Button clicks] Because… | 因为我帮艾默利解决了麻烦 |
[03:31] | I got Emery out of trouble. | |
[03:33] | You faked his death. | -你帮他假死了? |
[03:34] | Nope, we made a video of him | -没 |
[03:36] | saying “sorry” in several languages. | 我们做了一个视频 让他用各种语言说对不起 |
[03:37] | We even threw in one as Sean Connery. | 甚至还加了一个肖恩康纳利版的 |
[03:39] | [As Sean Connery] “Shorry.” | “对不起” |
[03:41] | [Sighs] It’s your favorite word. | 是你最爱说的 |
[03:43] | [Normal voice] “Chimichanga”? | “基米昌加”? |
[03:44] | No, “sorry.” You say it all the time. | 不是 你没事就说“对不起” |
[03:46] | I do? | 是吗? |
[03:49] | Sorry. | 对不起 额外的机场通行证… |
[03:51] | Watch… Oh! Uh… | 那个…对不起啦 |
[03:52] | Sorry! Sorry! | |
[03:54] | Ooh! Oh! Oh! | |
[03:56] | Uh, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:58] | Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:01] | Okay, maybe I say it a lot, | 好吧 |
[04:03] | but only to avoid senseless conflict. | 可能是有这么回事 不就是为了避免没必要的冲突嘛 |
[04:05] | It cheapens the word if you say it all the time. | 你如果一直这么说 这个词都没有价值了 |
[04:08] | You’re a “sorry” slut. | 你就是个道歉婊 |
[04:09] | [Gasps] | |
[04:10] | Well, at least I say it. | 啊 至少我说了 |
[04:11] | You should only apologize | 只有当你真正做错事情才需要道歉 |
[04:13] | when you’ve actually done something wrong. | |
[04:14] | But you never apologize. | 但你就从不道歉 |
[04:16] | [Clicks tongue] Bingo. | 对头 |
[04:20] | Thanks again for babysitting Maria. | 再一次感谢你照顾玛莉亚 |
[04:22] | Of course. | 没关系 |
[04:24] | Now, where is the child? | 现在 孩子在哪儿? |
[04:26] | [Maria cooing] | |
[04:28] | Ah. Yes. | 好的 |
[04:29] | [Clicks tongue] Jessica was right. | 洁西卡说得对 |
[04:31] | He’s perfect. Yeah. | 他太完美了 |
[04:33] | – Come on, Honey. Let’s go. – Oh. | 对啊 好了 哈妮 走吧 |
[04:34] | [Thud] | |
[04:36] | Now, any governess worth her frock | 好 |
[04:37] | comes prepared with the proper tools. | 任何称职的家庭教师 |
[04:39] | [Xylophone clangs] | |
[04:41] | Music prepares the infant mind for mathematics. | 都要准备好合适的教具 |
[04:44] | Problem-solving begins in the uterus. | 音乐使婴儿更好地学习数学 问题解决要从娘胎抓起 |
[04:47] | Best we catch up, then. | 咱们最好赶上 |
[04:49] | To know ourselves, we must first know the beasts. | 要认识自己 首先就要认识动物 |
[04:54] | Now, Maria, sometimes a child needs encouragement to eat. | 现在呢 玛莉亚 有时小孩吃东西是需要鼓励的 |
[04:58] | ♪ You are six months, going on seven months ♪ | 你六个月了 马上就七个月了 |
[05:02] | ♪ Baby, it’s time to ea… ♪ | 宝宝 该吃了… |
[05:04] | [Squeak] | |
[05:09] | The citywide traffic jam began | 城市范围的交通堵塞 |
[05:11] | when American exchange student Eddie Huang | 是从一个美国交换生黄艾迪开始的 |
[05:13] | crashed the bus into a restaurant | 他为了买芝士汉堡 开着公交车冲进一家饭店 |
[05:14] | for a cheeseburger. | 突发新闻 男孩因买汉堡致高速关停 |
[05:16] | Yo, I didn’t crash. | 拜托 我没撞啊 |
[05:17] | I got stuck. Big difference. | 我只是被卡住了 大不一样啊 |
[05:19] | And I never got the cheeseburger. | 而且我也没买到芝士汉堡 |
[05:21] | So you’re not sorry | 所以 你对使信义区交通完全瘫痪 |
[05:22] | you completely shut down Xinyi District? | 一点都不抱歉 是吗? |
[05:25] | It’s not my fault the clearance height was in meters. | 这又不能怪我 限高是以米为单位的 |
[05:28] | I can’t be driving and doing all kinds of math. | 我总不能一边开车一边算数吧 |
[05:30] | It’s not safe! | 太不安全了 |
[05:31] | Chimichanga. | 基米昌加啊 |
[05:32] | Y’all should look into using feet and miles. | 你们都该用英尺和英里 |
[05:34] | Way less confusing. | 就没那么绕人了 |
[05:36] | So, does this count as “doing something wrong”? | 所以 |
[05:39] | ♪♪ | 这算不算做错事了啊? |
[05:40] | _ | 21小时后 奥兰多国际机场 |
[05:43] | – _ – MAN: Hey! Oh! | 嘿! 欢迎回家! |
[05:45] | [Laughter, cheering] | -嘿!欢迎回家! |
[05:47] | ♪♪ | -见到你们真是太好了 爸! |
[05:48] | _ | 滚上车! |
[05:56] | Taiwan, an entire island, kicked you out! | 台湾 整个岛啊 把你驱逐了! |
[05:58] | Yes, but I didn’t get kicked out empty-handed. | 对 但我不是空着手被驱逐的 |
[06:02] | I got you all gifts! | 我给你们带了礼物 |
[06:04] | Oh. They were stolen. | 它们被偷了 |
[06:05] | But there is a crab backpack in here for Dad. | 但还有个给老爸的螃蟹背包 |
[06:07] | LOUIS: This isn’t funny, Eddie. | 这不好笑 艾迪 |
[06:09] | The cultural exchange program | 文化交流项目说不会让你弟弟们去了 |
[06:10] | said they won’t take your brothers now. | |
[06:12] | Zàijin, Yale! | 再见 耶鲁! |
[06:15] | That means “Goodbye, Yale” in Mandarin… | 这是普通话里的“再见 耶鲁” |
[06:17] | The language that you’ve been immersed in for over a month! | 这可是你浸入式学了一个月的语言啊 |
[06:20] | You know, I feel like we’re only focusing on the negative here. | 我感觉我们只关注消极方面 |
[06:22] | Positive? | 往好了想呢? |
[06:23] | Your boy’s home early! | 你们的儿子提早回家了! |
[06:25] | I’m gonna surprise the crap out of Tina. | 我会让缇娜大吃一惊的 |
[06:27] | No! No Tina crap surprises. | 不 缇娜不会大吃一惊的 |
[06:28] | You are grounded… For the rest of your life! | 你这辈子都给我关禁闭吧 |
[06:31] | And for whatever comes after that! | 不管后面发生什么事 |
[06:33] | You come back as a mushroom, that mushroom is grounded, too. | 你就算是变成个蘑菇 也得关紧闭 |
[06:36] | How would you enforce that? | 这也行吗? |
[06:37] | Not now, Emery! | -不是提问的时候 |
[06:38] | – I had the same question. – Mm. | 艾默利 -其实我也有这个问题 |
[06:41] | I thought you had matured, Eddie. | 我以为你长大了 艾迪 |
[06:43] | You got your driver’s license. | 你拿到驾照了 |
[06:45] | You were acting more responsible. | 我看起来更负责任了 |
[06:46] | But you tricked me! | 但你都是在骗我! |
[06:48] | We wanted to raise good kids, | 我们想培养出好孩子 |
[06:50] | kids who would make a difference and stand up for something | 能带来改变 捍卫一些事情的孩子 |
[06:53] | and maybe have enough money to send us to Hawaii twice a year. | 或许还能有钱 一年送我们去两次夏威夷 |
[06:56] | But instead, we raised a cheese-burglar. | 但是 |
[06:59] | Wait, Mom. | 我们只养大了一个贪吃鬼 |
[07:00] | I know how you feel about | 等下 |
[07:01] | standing up for something, and… | 妈妈 我知道你对挺身而出的看法 |
[07:03] | I was. What? | 我确实那么做了 |
[07:05] | Really, I swear I was! | -什么? -真的!我发誓 |
[07:06] | See, what happened was… | 事情是这样的… |
[07:09] | Cheeseburger. [Scoffs] | 芝士汉堡… |
[07:11] | We’re not eating American garbage food. | 我们是不会吃美式垃圾食品的 |
[07:15] | – You guys are soft. – Hey! I’m not soft! | -你们太软弱了 -喂 我可不软弱 |
[07:17] | And neither are my parents, | 我爸妈也不是软弱 |
[07:19] | especially my beautiful and ageless mother. | 尤其是我美若天仙的妈妈 |
[07:22] | Yeah, well, uh, your parents are fools, | 啊对 |
[07:24] | and so is your country. | 你爸妈都是蠢货 |
[07:26] | Boom! | 你的国家也一样 |
[07:27] | [Drum roll] | |
[07:28] | I’m not gonna let you disrespect my parents or my homeland. | 我决不允许你诋毁我的父母和家乡 |
[07:31] | – [“The Star-Spangled Banner” plays] – Are we gonna let him insult | 我们会允许他 |
[07:33] | our brilliant mothers and native soil? | 侮辱我们伟大的母亲和祖国吗? |
[07:34] | And let him deny us cheeseburgers? | -还让他唾弃我们的芝士汉堡? |
[07:36] | No! No! No! No! | -不会! |
[07:37] | No, we are not. | 没错 我们不会的 |
[07:39] | USA! | 美利坚! |
[07:40] | ALL: USA! | |
[07:41] | USA! | 美利坚! |
[07:42] | USA! | |
[07:43] | USA! | |
[07:45] | USA! | 美利坚! |
[07:46] | USA! | |
[07:47] | USA! USA! | 美利坚! |
[07:49] | It was like that movie “Braveheart,” minus the skirts. | 不算上那些女生的话 就像《勇敢的心》那部电影一样啊 |
[07:52] | No matter what, you can’t just take a bus on a joyride. | 不管怎样 你都不能把开车当儿戏 |
[07:55] | You’re not a kid anymore, | 你不小了 |
[07:56] | and you can’t make waves in a different country. | 不可以在别的国家捣乱 |
[07:59] | No, Eddie was right. | 不 艾迪是对的 |
[08:01] | He was? I was? | -啊? -真的吗? |
[08:03] | You stood up for yourself, like you should have. | 你确实挺身而出 捍卫自己了 |
[08:05] | Eternity grounding lifted. | 不用关一辈子禁闭了 |
[08:07] | Yes! You heard her! She said it! No take-backs! | 耶!都听见了吧 |
[08:10] | ♪♪ Ooh! | 不准反悔 |
[08:18] | Evan likey. | 艾文喜欢 |
[08:21] | So, if Eddie makes a formal apology, then you’ll let | 就是说 如果艾迪做一个正式的道歉 |
[08:23] | our other sons participate in cultural exchange? | 你们就会允许我其他儿子 参加文化交流项目? |
[08:26] | No apology necessary. Bye-bye! | 没必要道歉 拜拜 |
[08:28] | Jessica! I was making a deal with the exchange program. | 洁西卡!我在跟交换项目谈呢 |
[08:30] | If Eddie just apologizes, the boys can go to Taiwan. | 如果艾迪道歉了 别的小子也能去台湾了 |
[08:33] | So you want him to just roll over and play dead like… | 所以 |
[08:37] | some kind of animal that rolls over and plays dead? | 你想让他就这么屈服吗? 就像有些会翻身装死的动物一样 |
[08:40] | This just isn’t worth it, Jessica. | 这不值得 洁西卡 |
[08:42] | Look, I get the instinct to fight. | 这么说吧 我也有抗争的本能 |
[08:44] | When I first moved here, I never backed down from anything. | 我刚搬来的时候 从没被任何东西击垮过 |
[08:50] | Whoa. Relax there, fresh-off-the-boat. | 放轻松 |
[08:52] | I was here first. | 新来的吧 是我先来的 |
[08:55] | Okay, here’s what’s gonna happen. | 听好了 马上会发生什么事 |
[08:56] | I’m going to punch your throat, | 我要猛击你的咽喉 |
[08:58] | then kick your throat, then chop your throat, | 飞上一脚 |
[08:59] | and that’s just your throat. | 劈上一刀 仅是你的喉咙而已 |
[09:02] | You never told me that story. | 你没告诉过我啊 |
[09:04] | Yeah, because he beat the hell out of me. | 对 因为他狠狠揍了我一顿 |
[09:05] | That’s why my jaw clicks whenever I eat a Tootsie Roll. | 这就是为什么每次我吃烤面包卷时 下巴总会咔咔响 |
[09:08] | Still, it was good that I lost. | 但依然值得 |
[09:09] | I’m not sure you understand fights. | 你确定你理解什么叫抗争吗 |
[09:11] | [Sighs] I realized you have to pick your battles. | 我觉得你应该有所侧重 |
[09:14] | You want to fight every injustice, | 你想为所有不公鸣不平 |
[09:16] | especially as a new immigrant, | 尤其是作为一位新移民 |
[09:17] | but some dumb comment in a grocery store | 杂货店里的那种蠢事 |
[09:20] | wasn’t worth it, and neither is this. | 就大事化小小事化了吧 这件事也是 |
[09:22] | Eddie made a mistake. He should apologize. | 艾迪犯错了 他就应该道歉 |
[09:24] | Well, that’s just not how I want to raise our boys. | 我不想这样教育我的孩子们 |
[09:27] | If they feel like they’ve been wronged, | 如果他们觉得被误解了 |
[09:29] | they should fight… Every time. | 就应该抗争 |
[09:31] | ♪♪ | 每次都是 |
[09:36] | Peek-a-boo! | 宝宝在哪! |
[09:37] | [Gurgling] | |
[09:39] | Peek-a-boo! | 宝宝在哪! |
[09:41] | [Coos] | |
[09:42] | Peek-a-boo! Peek-a-boo! | 宝宝在哪! |
[09:44] | [Sighs] | |
[09:45] | Will you just take the flippin’ bottle?! [Giggles] Aha! | 你就不能喝一口? |
[09:52] | [Squeak] [Giggles] | |
[09:53] | [Sighs] Guess we’ll do this the hard way. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbb! | 敬酒不吃吃罚酒 |
[09:56] | [Squeak] | |
[10:02] | [Jaw clicking] | |
[10:06] | [Knock on door] | |
[10:07] | Permission to come aboard. | 我们进来了? |
[10:09] | Hey! Hey. | 嘿! |
[10:11] | – I hope we’re not interrupting. – Mm. | 希望我们没有打扰啊 |
[10:12] | We just wanted to talk about Evan’s babysitting. | 我们就是想聊聊艾文看孩子的事 |
[10:15] | He’s been a little… | -他有一点… |
[10:16] | Harsh. | -严厉 |
[10:17] | Harsh? Harsh? | 严厉? |
[10:23] | There’s a camera inside the bear. | 小熊里有个摄像头 |
[10:26] | Uhh… what? | 什么? |
[10:27] | Peek-a-boo! | -宝宝在哪! |
[10:28] | There’s one in the moose at the country club, | -乡村俱乐部的驼鹿里 也有个摄像头 |
[10:31] | so be sure to keep your limericks clean. | 所以说话的时候得注意点 |
[10:32] | [Maria fussing] | |
[10:36] | If you don’t drink your milk, | 如果你再不喝牛奶 |
[10:38] | this is what’s gonna happen. | 就是这个下场 |
[10:40] | [Squeaking] | |
[10:41] | [Crying] | |
[10:42] | Evan! | 艾文 |
[10:43] | [Sighs] | 艾文 |
[10:44] | We’ll handle this. I’m really sorry, guys. | 我们会处理好的 太抱歉了 两位 |
[10:47] | They just wanted to tell us, Louis. | 他们只是来告诉我们这事 |
[10:49] | They didn’t come for an apology. | 路易斯 又不是来讨道歉的 |
[10:51] | I mean, it wouldn’t be the craziest thing in the world… | 我是说 世上还有远比这更疯的事 |
[10:53] | – Uh, let’s go, Honey. Come on. – Okay. | -行了 走吧 哈妮 走吧 -好吧 |
[10:55] | [Door opens] | 好吧 |
[10:57] | [Door closes] | |
[10:58] | What was that?! | 怎么回事? |
[10:59] | Okay, I didn’t actually spank her. | 好吧 我又没有真打她 |
[11:02] | I was simply suggesting an alternative outcome | 我只是提出了一种可能的结果 |
[11:04] | if she refused the bottle. | 如果她不肯喝的话 |
[11:05] | Look, this isn’t gonna be popular, what I’m about to say, | 是这样的 我的话可能不太中听 |
[11:09] | but here it comes… | 但我还是要说 |
[11:11] | She a bitch. | 她是个小贱人 |
[11:12] | Evan, that’s my goddaughter! | 艾文 那是我的教女 |
[11:14] | Hey, I’m just standing up for myself. | 喂 |
[11:16] | Like Eddie! | 我只是为自己辩护而已 像艾迪那样! |
[11:17] | [Scoffs] | |
[11:19] | Chimichanga! This house is out of control! | 基米昌加啊 这个家疯了 |
[11:21] | Now your “no apology” philosophy has corrupted Evan, too! | 现在你的“不道歉”学说 |
[11:25] | ♪♪ | 把艾文也带坏了 |
[11:29] | Ma, please tell me | 妈 |
[11:30] | this meeting’s to announce a new phone number. | 这次会议千万要是公布新号码的 |
[11:32] | I can’t hit up Tina | 我都不能给缇娜打电话了 |
[11:33] | because that Taiwanese reporter won’t stop calling. | 那个台湾记者没完没了地烦我 |
[11:35] | And I had to unplug my phone. | 我只好关机了 |
[11:38] | I wanted to announce that I spoke to the exchange program, | 我想宣布的是 我跟交换项目说过了 |
[11:42] | and the boys can now participate! | 现在你们可以继续参加了 |
[11:44] | – Yes! – This is why you lead us. | -耶! -你果然是一家之主啊 |
[11:46] | I realized that sometimes you do have to compromise | 有时候为了大家的利益 |
[11:50] | for the good of others. | 是应该适当妥协 |
[11:51] | So Eddie’s going to apologize. | 所以说 艾迪要去道歉 |
[11:53] | Good God, no. I made a deal. | 妈呀 不是的 我谈妥了 |
[11:55] | Lei? | 蕾! |
[11:58] | Boys, meet your new sister. | 孩子们 见见你们的新妹妹 |
[12:02] | Greetings, host family. | 你们好 |
[12:04] | ♪♪ | 新家人们 |
[12:09] | Isn’t this exciting?! | 是不是很刺激? |
[12:10] | Lei’s host family in Minnesota fell through | 蕾在明尼苏达州的寄宿家庭终止了 |
[12:13] | because they got lost in that big mall, | 因为他们在大商场走丢了 |
[12:15] | so now she’s ours. | 所以呢 现在她归我们管了 |
[12:16] | Girl, fetch me a Zima. | 小姐 给我来杯饮料 |
[12:19] | Jenny, she’s not our servant. | 奶奶 |
[12:21] | Ohh. | 她不是服务员 |
[12:22] | She’s part of the family for the next year. | 她在今后一年里 是我们家新的一员 |
[12:25] | Boys, show Lei to her room. | 孩子们 带蕾去看看她的房间 |
[12:26] | – Where’s her room? – Your room. The hell?! | -她哪个房间? -你的房间 什么玩意? |
[12:29] | [Both chuckle] | |
[12:30] | You can move in with your brothers. | 你可以跟弟弟住一起 |
[12:31] | – The hell?! | – The hell?! 什么玩意? |
[12:34] | Come on, Lei. | 来吧 蕾 |
[12:36] | FYI, the nightstand is off-limits… | 友情提示 |
[12:38] | For your own safety. | 为安全着想 不准开床头柜 |
[12:39] | Do you know the Backstreet Boys? | 你们知不知道后街男孩啊? |
[12:42] | Now, don’t get me wrong. | 不要误解我的意思 |
[12:44] | I am already starting to plan | 我已经在准备 |
[12:45] | some father/exchange-daughter activities, | 什么父亲和交流生女儿的活动了 |
[12:47] | but wouldn’t it just be easier if Eddie apologizes? | 但让艾迪道个歉岂不是更容易? |
[12:50] | You wanted the boys back in the program, | 你想让儿子们重新回到项目里 |
[12:52] | so I took care of it. | 所以我都处理好了呀 |
[12:53] | You won’t even know she’s here. | 你都不知道她会来吧 |
[12:55] | [Bell Biv DeVoe’s “Poison” plays] | |
[12:57] | ♪ That girl is poison ♪ | |
[13:00] | [Air rushing] | |
[13:01] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:02] | ♪♪ | |
[13:04] | ♪ Never trust a big butt and a smile ♪ | |
[13:05] | [Low-pitched notes playing] ♪ That girl is poison ♪ | |
[13:09] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:11] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:11] | [Notes stop] | |
[13:13] | ♪♪ | |
[13:14] | [Notes resume] | |
[13:17] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:19] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:19] | [Sighs] | |
[13:21] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:22] | I’m baking the family a cake! | 我在给你们做蛋糕 |
[13:24] | Yum! | 很好吃的! |
[13:25] | ♪ Poison ♪ | |
[13:28] | [Telephone rings] | |
[13:32] | ♪ Poison, poison, poison ♪ | |
[13:33] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:35] | Yes, this is Cheeseburger Boy’s family. | 对 是汉堡男孩家 |
[13:39] | Eddie, why can’t you make your bed? | 艾迪 就不能叠叠被子吗? |
[13:41] | This is our fire lane. It’s got to stay clear. | 这是消防通道 必须要空出来 |
[13:43] | If I roll it up, it won’t dry. | 叠起来就干不了了 |
[13:45] | Why is it wet in the first place? | 怎么会潮的? |
[13:47] | Because of my sleep soda. | 因为我的安眠苏打 |
[13:48] | One of you turds kicked it over last night. | 你们哪个呆子昨晚把它打翻了 |
[13:50] | And why does Lei get her own room? | 凭什么蕾就有单独房间? |
[13:53] | Do I get one if I pick up an instrument twice my size? | 我要是学了个有我两倍大的乐器 是不是也能单独一个间房了? |
[13:55] | Because I can go harp. | 我可以学竖琴啊 |
[13:57] | I can go harp lickety-split like a crazy man! | 我可以像个疯子一样弹竖琴! |
[14:00] | Dude, Evan’s really freaking out. | 兄弟 艾文真是慌了 |
[14:03] | Not so fun when someone newer and cuter shows up. | 有个更可爱的新来的出现了 这就不那么好玩了 |
[14:05] | Welcome to irrelevance. | 欢迎来到冷宫 |
[14:06] | Population… Nobody’s counting. | 人数:不计其数 |
[14:08] | [Gasps] That’s it! | 我知道了! |
[14:10] | That’s why Maria’s in such a bad mood. | 所以玛莉亚才情绪那么糟糕 |
[14:13] | [Sighs] | |
[14:14] | Honey’s new baby is Maria’s Lei. | 哈妮在怀的孩子 对玛莉亚而言就是蕾 |
[14:18] | [Whispering] Just nod along. | 他说得都对 |
[14:22] | Hey, hey. Hi. [Chuckles] | 嘿 你们好 |
[14:24] | How are we doing with Lei? | 跟蕾相处的怎么样啊? |
[14:25] | Not great, Pops. | 不怎么样啊 老爸 |
[14:27] | Yeah, this is a mess. | 是啊 |
[14:29] | All she does is shower and bake cakes. | 简直一团糟 她就知道洗澡和做蛋糕 |
[14:30] | I gained 10 pounds. | 我重了4.5公斤 |
[14:32] | 10 dirty pounds. | 4.5公斤啊 |
[14:33] | – [Knock on door] – Shh! It’s Lei! Act natural! | 是蕾 自然点 |
[14:37] | Hey, Evan, do you still have your Beanie Babies? | 艾文 你的豆豆公仔还在吗? |
[14:40] | Lei wants to know about American toys. | 蕾想了解美国的玩具 |
[14:43] | No. | 不在 |
[14:44] | Jessica, we need to talk about Lei. Close the door, please. | 洁西卡 我们要好好聊聊她 请把门关上 |
[14:47] | No. Louis, quit complaining about your host daughter! | 不要 路易斯 不要再抱怨她了 |
[14:50] | She’s a sweet girl! | 她多可爱啊 |
[14:52] | She showers regularly, | 她定时洗澡 |
[14:53] | she knows her way around a cake tin, | 还知道怎么做蛋糕 |
[14:55] | and I haven’t heard a peep from her all week. | 而且一个星期了我都没听见她吵一声 |
[14:57] | Lei is on TV! | 蕾上电视了 |
[14:59] | ♪♪ | |
[15:05] | Damn it, Eddie! | 该死 艾迪 |
[15:06] | This is why we keep the fire lane clear! | 这就是为什么 要保持消防通道畅通! |
[15:09] | _ | 那个芝士汉堡男孩的家人呢? |
[15:11] | _ | 还好 但他们还没带我去硬石餐厅 |
[15:16] | _ | 他们不愿意带你去观光? |
[15:18] | _ | 这可不好! |
[15:19] | See? They turn everyone into a villain. | 看见没?他们就是恶意揣测我们 |
[15:22] | _ | 我要做蛋糕啊 弄的头发里面都是面粉 我得洗个澡 |
[15:26] | _ | 他们把你当免费工人用? |
[15:27] | Nobody asked you to make delicious cakes! | 没人要你做什么美味蛋糕 |
[15:31] | _ | 什么样的家人会这么做! |
[15:34] | ♪♪ | |
[15:38] | You left before Lei told Taiwan I’m vain about my hair! | 你都没听到蕾跟台湾那边说 我对我的头发有迷之自信 |
[15:41] | What a liar, right? | 真是个小骗子啊 |
[15:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:44] | Taiwan sent us a dud. | 台湾送来了一个不中用的人 |
[15:45] | Maybe I can trade her in. | 可能我可以换个人 |
[15:47] | They did mention a set of twins. | 他们说有对双胞胎来着 |
[15:48] | She’s not a dud, Jessica. | 她倒不是不中用 洁西卡 |
[15:50] | And her German chocolate is wunderbar. | 她做的德式巧克力蛋糕味道不错 |
[15:52] | The problem is, you upended this whole family | 问题是 就因为不肯道歉 |
[15:55] | all because you refuse to apologize. | 你拖累了我们全家 |
[15:58] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[16:00] | Her German chocolate is excellent. | 她做的德式巧克力蛋糕真的很好吃 |
[16:03] | But her buttercream is a little bit “grocery store.” | 但是奶油吃起来有点廉价感 |
[16:06] | Jessica! | 洁西卡! |
[16:07] | Eddie stole a bus to eat a cheeseburger. | 艾迪为了吃芝士汉堡偷了辆车 |
[16:09] | You know he wasn’t really standing up for something. | 你明知道他不是真的要做什么抗争 |
[16:12] | Fine! I knew he was lying. | 好吧 我知道他在撒谎 |
[16:14] | Maybe I was just looking for an excuse to save him. | 我可能就是找理由帮他开脱吧 |
[16:17] | Save him from what? | 开什么脱啊? |
[16:18] | When I first moved to this country, | 我刚搬来的时候 |
[16:21] | I didn’t know the language or the culture. | 我语言不通 文化不熟 |
[16:23] | I would shrink my shoulders, | 我缩头缩脑 |
[16:25] | put my head down, and try to be invisible. | 不想让人看见 |
[16:28] | The immigrant shrivel. | 移民病 |
[16:30] | A model minority. | 典型的少数族裔 |
[16:33] | I didn’t want to cause any trouble, | 我一点都不想惹事 |
[16:35] | so I apologized all the time, | 所以一直道歉 |
[16:38] | even when I wasn’t wrong, like you do. | 就算没做错也道歉 就像你一样 |
[16:40] | Until one day, back when I was teaching, | 直到有一天 我教书的时候 |
[16:44] | I gave this kid an F. | 我给了一个小孩“F” |
[16:46] | He got upset, | 他很难过 |
[16:47] | and he told his parents that I shouted at him, | 跟家长说 |
[16:49] | which I didn’t do, | 我朝他大吼大叫 但我并没有 |
[16:51] | but instead of standing up for myself, | 但我没有为自己争取 |
[16:54] | I agreed to apologize. | 而是同意道歉 |
[16:56] | I’m very sorry for what happened with Steven. | 很抱歉对斯蒂文那么做 |
[16:59] | Please accept my apology. | 请接受我的道歉 |
[17:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:03] | [Sighs] | |
[17:04] | You’re still gonna fire her, right? | 但你还是会开了她的吧? |
[17:06] | We’d hate to have to tell the school board about this. | 我们不想告到校董那边 |
[17:09] | Uh… | |
[17:10] | Yes. | 没错 |
[17:11] | I suppose that is the only appropriate move. | 我想这是唯一的解决方法 |
[17:13] | What? | -什么? |
[17:15] | You understand, Jessica. | -你明白的 洁西卡 |
[17:16] | It’s just easier this way. | 这样做更方便 |
[17:18] | I did everything they wanted me to, | 他们要我干什么我都做了 |
[17:21] | but I still lost my job. | 但我还是被开了 |
[17:22] | I felt so powerless and weak. | 我感觉自己弱小无助 |
[17:25] | I don’t want the boys to ever feel that. | 我不想让儿子们也有那种感受 |
[17:28] | Eddie being alone in a new country, | 艾迪孤身一人在他乡 跟我们当年一样 |
[17:32] | like we were, brought all that back. | 这让我一下子又想起往事 |
[17:36] | And in two years, he’s gonna be out on his own for good. | 两年后 他就要永远离开这个家了 |
[17:39] | Jessica… | 洁西卡… |
[17:42] | we have great kids. | 我们有很好的孩子 |
[17:44] | And they have the strongest mother in the world. | 他们有世界上最坚强的母亲 |
[17:46] | I am strong. | 我的确坚强 |
[17:47] | But even great kids make mistakes. | 但再好的孩子也会犯错 |
[17:49] | Eddie owning that won’t make him weak. | 承认错误并不是示弱 |
[17:52] | Saying sorry is one of the hardest things you ever do. | 道歉是世界上最难的事 |
[17:55] | [Sighs] | |
[17:56] | If the boys learn to do that, it’ll only make them stronger. | 让他们道歉 只会使他们更加坚强 |
[18:01] | [Babbling] | |
[18:05] | EVAN: Thanks for having me over. | 感谢给我这次机会 |
[18:06] | There’s something I need to say to Maria. | 我有话跟玛莉亚说 |
[18:08] | – [Clicks tongue] That’s so sweet. – [Chuckles] | 多贴心 |
[18:10] | Maria, I forgive you. | 玛莉亚 |
[18:13] | Huh? | 我原谅你了 |
[18:14] | I thought you hated me because you had | 我一开始以为你讨厌我 |
[18:15] | all the compassion of a bag of sand. | 纯粹是因为你没良心 |
[18:17] | But then I realized it’s not about me. | 但后来我发现 这跟我没关系 |
[18:19] | You were just upset a new baby’s gonna take your place, | 你只是很难过 即将出生的宝宝要取代你的地位 |
[18:22] | but nobody could ever do that. | 但没有人有那种想法 |
[18:26] | There’s that smile! | 笑了吧 |
[18:28] | – But she’s not smiling… – No, let him have this. | -没啊… -别打扰他了 |
[18:30] | He’s working through something. | 他开窍了呢 |
[18:32] | [Fussing] | |
[18:35] | [Chuckles] | |
[18:38] | After Eddie apologizes, | 艾迪道歉之后 |
[18:40] | your other sons can participate in the program, | 其他孩子可以继续参加项目 |
[18:42] | and Lei will go to another home. | 蕾会去到另一个家庭 |
[18:44] | Close to a Planet Hollywood? | 靠近星球好莱坞度假村吗? |
[18:46] | Just to be clear… | 声明一下 |
[18:48] | If you had actually been standing up for yourself, | 如果你真的为自己抗争了 |
[18:50] | I would never let you do this. | 我绝不会让你道歉的 |
[18:52] | You knew I was lying? | 你知道我是撒谎了? |
[18:53] | I always know when you’re lying. | 你嘴一张我就知道你要说什么话 |
[18:55] | Plus, you are not charismatic enough | 而且你还没那么厉害 |
[18:56] | to get a bus full of children to chant “USA.” | 能让一车小孩跟你一起喊“美利坚” |
[18:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:01] | Sorry, Ma. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[19:02] | [Sighs] | |
[19:03] | I must admit, I do love the word | 必须承认 |
[19:04] | when it’s coming in my direction. | 如果是对我说 我就很喜欢这个词 |
[19:06] | So maybe you’ll start saying it yourself? | 那你自己开始吧? |
[19:08] | [Chuckles] Oh, Louis, I love your optimism. | 路易斯 我爱死你的天真了 |
[19:11] | Okay. Here come the words. | 好了 |
[19:13] | [Clears throat] Mm. | 来了 |
[19:16] | I’m sorry I took the tour bus and crashed it | 我很抱歉 抢了旅游车 还把它撞了 |
[19:18] | and shut down half of Taipei. | 造成半个台北的堵塞 |
[19:19] | It was immature, and I’m really sorry. | 这个行为非常不成熟 |
[19:24] | Thank you for this opportunity | 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:26] | and for lifting the ban on our boys. | 感谢你们给了这次机会 |
[19:28] | Uh, well, it would go a long way | 取消孩子们的禁令 |
[19:30] | if you two also expressed some remorse… | 嗯 那你们俩是不是也应该 |
[19:33] | For raising such a reckless son? | 为养了这么一个莽撞的儿子而自责? |
[19:40] | Uh, Jessica, remember… | 洁西卡 |
[19:42] | Sometimes you just have to apologize. | 记住 有时是需要道歉的 |
[19:45] | Now is not one of those times. | 但不是现在 |
[19:48] | – Okay. Here’s what’s gonna happen. – [Neck cracks] | 听好了 马上会发生什么事 |
[19:49] | I’m going to punch your throat, | 我要猛击你的咽喉 |
[19:50] | then kick your throat, then chop your throat. | 飞上一脚 |
[19:52] | And that’s just your throat. | 劈上一刀 |
[19:55] | ♪♪ | 仅是你的喉咙而已 |
[19:58] | ALL: Bye, Lei! | 拜拜 蕾! |
[20:03] | I borrowed 100 bucks from her. | 我问她借了一百块钱 |
[20:05] | She’ll never see it. | 她休想要回去 |
[20:06] | I’m impressed you got us out of that meeting | 我们走的时候 |
[20:09] | without apologizing. | 你没让我们道歉 我还真挺意外的 |
[20:10] | Hmm. I’m just glad I didn’t have to fight that guy. | 我很高兴不用真的和那人打架 |
[20:13] | He seemed like the type who secretly has a rocked-up core. | 他看起来是那种穿衣显瘦脱衣有肉的 |
[20:15] | – Wiry. Like Linda Hamilton. – Mm. | 很结实 像琳达汉密尔顿一样 |
[20:19] | God bless whoever winds up with that monster. | 提前为接待那个怪物的下一家默哀 |
[20:21] | ♪♪ | |
[20:25] | Okay. | 完事了 |
[20:30] | ♪♪ | |
[20:32] | Hey, can we hit that drive-thru? | -诶 |
[20:34] | No! No! No! No! | 可以去那家汽车餐厅吗? -不行! |
[20:35] | JESSICA: Oh, that reminds me, Eddie. | 倒是提醒我了 艾迪 |
[20:36] | You are un-un-grounded, Cheeseburger Boy. | 你还得继续关禁闭 芝士汉堡男孩 |
[20:39] | What? Mom, you can’t ground me. | 啥?妈 |
[20:41] | I’m gonna be a junior in high school. | 你不能关我禁闭 我要上高三了 |
[20:42] | That means I own you for another two, | 这就意味着这两三年 |
[20:44] | possibly three years. | 我都能管着你 |
[20:45] | And I’m gonna make sure those years | 我保证你度日如年 |
[20:47] | feel as long as possible. | |
[20:51] | Hey, you can still listen to music, Eddie. You love music! | 你还是可以听音乐的 |
[20:54] | [Sugar Ray’s “Every Morning” plays] | |
[20:56] | Huh? | 艾迪 你多喜欢音乐啊 |
[20:58] | ♪ Every morning, there’s a halo hangin’ ♪ | 每天早晨 |
[21:01] | ♪ From the corner of my girlfriend’s four-post bed ♪ | 我的女孩 床头都挂着光环 |
[21:05] | I love you guys, but I’m out. | 爱你们 但我不想再听这个了 |
[21:07] | ♪ I know it’s not mine, but I’ll… ♪ | 我知晓它不属于我 |
[21:09] | [The Notorious B.I.G.’s “Big Poppa” plays] | |
[21:11] | ♪ Uh, work it out ♪ | 然而我看… |
[21:13] | ♪ Yeah, yeah ♪ | -看来过 |
[21:14] | ♪♪ | -好的 |
[21:18] | ♪ Junior M.A.F.I.A. ♪ | 小玛法来也 |
[21:19] | ♪♪ | |
[21:21] | ♪ Oh, oh, ohhhhh, oh, oh, oh ♪ | |
[21:24] | ♪ Shut the door, baby, don’t say a word ♪ | 关紧门 宝贝 别说话 |